1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

6577 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Never trust USPS ever again! They are GREEDY and irresponsible! My business partner received my package empty and they are NOT taking the responsibility. Only if it's insured! ** USPS! No one should trust you anymore! I lost more than $600 with this issue! Rotten in pieces!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Ordered diabetic testing supplies to be delivered to me today by USPS. Tracked packaged. Was "out for delivery." Mail delivery, including two other packages arrived on time. Called local PO. Was told my package was "misrouted" (in other words, a PO staffer took my package and placed it with the packages for a different route than mine). So it is not my carrier's fault. I fault the driver of the other route who obviously pulled the package from his parcels and left it at the station without telling anyone. OR, if that driver did tell someone, I fault the PO personnel who let my package sit there all day, didn't give it to another driver to deliver to my home, didn't contact me to tell me my package would be late. Nothing.

I had to call to ask where it was. Now it will be delivered tomorrow. What if I needed those diabetic testing supplies today?? The PO should have made sure that the package was delivered to me on time, or at least by the end of the day. No excuses. Just do it. BTW, this is not the first example of incompetence by this local PO. I can't wait until Amazon starts delivering packages right to our doorstep by drone. Take the USPS out of the delivery chain. We'll all be better off.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchased a Halloween card for children which was a bit bulky. The envelope said extra postage. I put 2 stamps on it. Oh also I actually purchased 8 cards all together. One was returned. Said it require 3 dollars of postage. I had put 2 stamps on it. I took it to the outpost post office and the clerk was surprised it was returned. She showed me a card with slots. The small one was 1/4 in thick. The card did not slide so it required extra postage to the slot that said large envelope. Which it went through just fine and the amount of postage already on it was adequate. She suggested I take it to the main post office.

When I arrived the clerk only put it through a small slot. Said when it doesn't fit through that one it’s considered a parcel and it is 3 dollars. Really a kids card. The manager said the same thing and another employee said I shouldn't have bought the card, really! The unfriendly manager and the employee which wasn't even involved was rude. The clerk helping me seemed to want to help was trying to be nice. I buy cards like this every year. I reluctantly paid the 3 dollars because I want the kids to get the card. I wish there was an alternative other than USPS.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have 3 different packages that should have been delivered to me already and instead they all say "In Transit-Delayed". One expected delivery date was Oct 6th, another Oct 8th, and another Oct 17th and I never received any of them. The tracking has never been updated since then and I filed a claim on 2 of them so far and have not heard a word from USPS. This is a bunch of BS!! Why should they be allowed to steal mail??

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I am so done with the REGULAR mail in our neighborhood and we're not even talking about using USPS for packages because that's not even an option at our house. Our neighborhood had the bright idea to name the streets the EXACT same name, and give them the EXACT same house numbers. i.e. 12133 Cold Harbour LANE and 12133 Cold Harbour DRIVE. If you have to deal with USPS it is a nightmare and worth it to pay the money to use FedEx or UPS whenever you can. I cannot tell you how many times our mail goes to the next street over as the mail carrier's run is designed to go back there first and our mail gets put in their box because it is 2017 and people cannot READ.

We have contacted USPS numerous times about this and basically it comes down to moving to get a carrier with common sense (or not having the excuse that the streets are the same name). The house is being rented, so good luck trying to contact the people that live there to ask if they have our letters. I'll be glad when they officially go out of business. I believe a private company could do so much better. No point in wasting whatever money that is being used to fund those jobs if they can't get important government documents to the correct address, and I have to spend precious time and money trying to get my important letters resent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I went to send a package from Los Angeles to Rialto and they charged me $7.80 without even giving me options. All options have been removed except Express Shipping $23.80 and Priority Shipping based on weight for $7.80. I was so angry about the increase in shipping charges that I refused to ship the package. I purchased a shipping package because they had placed stamps all over the original without quoting me a price.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I just love it when a government organization charges you to sell your information. They literally will NOT allow you to change your address without forcing you to sign up for at least one add. The Post Office has always and will always suck.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

So when you pay for a service and your receipt says that it will be there by Oct. 13th, 2017 and now it's October 14th, 2017 and no package is in sight. Tracking says it will be there at 8 pm tonight but her school post office is closed until Monday so that puts her gift there on the 16th of October. I paid for it to be there on her birthday. I will never use the postal service for any package again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I mailed a textbook back to purchaser via media mail August 28, 2017. I obtained a tracking number, which I don't know why they bother giving this to you because it tracks NOTHING. After several phone calls through an aggravating phone system, it turns out my package is in damaged packages in Atlanta and there is no way to contact them. I just have to wait for them to contact me. It is October 14, 2017. Almost 2 months. What the heck. This is the second time they have lost a package on me. Never did get the first one back. At least it only cost me $25.00. This was a 194.00 textbook. I am very dissatisfied. I will likely never use USPS for anything again. I will use UPS instead.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I watch the tracking saying out for delivery, delivery expected before 8 pm... But nothing comes and no note is left in mailbox. I end up driving to post office next day to pick up my package. They always give some slack excuse of, "Oh we have to pull our drivers in before 7 pm." Well maybe if they have packages to deliver... they should deliver early??? Just saying. They have got to be the laziest people ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Mail theft is occurring weekly in my residential area. We consist of tightly packed residential neighborhoods of about 3000 homes. USPS is calling it rural, but it is hardly rural. Myself and my neighbor were hit the delivery period of 9-28-29, 2017. We do not know if others are missing mail from that time yet. We reported it to the police, USPS and I sent out emails to my whole street informing them of what is going on. We discovered that one street over was hit the week before and damage was done to their cluster box so everyone on that street knew what happened. Our box was undamaged so we had to wait to find out that Credit cards were opened and checks stolen etc. I personally lost a large check that I had to put a stop payment on. I still have not received it so it is now assumed stolen or lost.

My neighbor had charges not his on his new corporate credit card and this is how we discovered that our mailbox was breached. I discovered that a few streets over was hit the week after we were. This is all from people I know because there is no system in place to inform anyone to look for missing mail. Nothing is ever done to help solve the problem by USPS and our complaints fall on deaf ears. USPS 'makes' us use the cluster mail box system that is just a target for mail thieves. Pop one door and thieves have access to 15 or more households mail. The units are un-monitored and an easy target for thieves and identity theft. Nothing is safe. I suggested going back to mail slots in garage doors where we can at least make it difficult for thieves. Slots can be protected by an alarm, video surveillance, a dog and the home owners themselves. Cluster boxes there is no control at all. If we need to reduce the delivery days, so be it.

Back to home delivery is a great solution to so much theft. Also, mail personnel often do not use officially marked vehicles or wear uniforms so citizens cannot identify a genuine mail carrier. Another good thing for thieves. They evidently can use unmarked vehicles if the area is considered rural. Give me a break. We have sidewalks, houses are so close we can hear each other talking in our backyards. And were talking about a large area of many neighborhoods. We are a city. City of Roseville. Population of over 87,000.

The reason for this review is no one is listening. This is a big problem and the USPS can only cry about not having enough money to operate. If this is true, maybe they should rethink how they operate. Currently unsafe mail is useless to me. USPS can only be trusted to deliver ads and I hate the ads. So what good are they. My birthday cards are getting stolen and the gift cards removed. We have to do financial transactions online because nothing can be trusted in the mail. I sweat when I need to order my new checks because my credit union is 300 miles away. I could go on and on but I am going to give you a break and shut up now...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

After checking my mailbox and finding a key to a parcel locker I go to retrieve an expected package and the locker is empty. I go the local post office wait in line for an hour only to be told it says delivered and they will give me a call in 48 hrs. This is not the first time something like this has happened. My zip code is 30096 and there were at least 10 people in line with delivery issues. It is ludicrous that I have to take hours out of my day to go and check up on the postman and To find out where my package has been hidden. Maybe the USPS should start hiring people that are committed to serving others and not to serving themselves by way of taking packages that don’t belong to them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Had an important, expensive, TIME SENSITIVE package mailed for overnight delivery. It ended up in Puerto Rico! Not California. Now it's a holiday so no mail or answers. Thank you USPS for messing this up! Will never mail with them again and they wonder why their services are down? Fedex has NEVER done something like this to us. Also when you try to create an account online it says username already taken. I have tried the most random letter & number combos and Still nothing worked! That's impossible!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

USPS is absolutely shameful. Let me start by talking about the post office at home. There are two post offices relatively close to where I live, but one is closer to our house so we chose to get a PO box there. The people who work there are terribly rude and won't hesitate to send back a package if it isn't picked up within a couple days. Sometimes it's just not possible to make it to the post office when you're busy during with work, school, etc.

I went to the post office to mail some books back for school and I already had the label printed out, but I needed some tape to attach it to the box. I assumed a post office of all places would have tape and let me use it, so I waited until we got there to ask about the tape. The post office was particularly busy that day and I waited in line for about 5 minutes before finally making it to the counter. I explained the situation and they refused to let me use their tape. Instead, they gave me some stickers that are normally used to put the shipping address or return address, then they sent me to the back of the line. I had to use about 6 of the lined stickers to make sure the label was securely attached to the box and then had to wait another 5 minutes or so in line to get back to the counter.

Now I'll tell you about the issues I've had with USPS delivering to my college dorm. My college is about an hour and a half away from home, so when I came here I was hoping the postal workers would be better than the ones back home. I guess I was wrong. I recently ordered a package from Amazon and, to my surprise, they shipped it via USPS instead of the always reliable UPS. The package was ordered on a Friday and the estimated delivery was Sunday. I was shocked because I thought USPS wouldn't deliver on Sunday, but I wasn't going to complain if they did deliver it that day. Sunday came around and I got a notification on Amazon saying they attempted to deliver the package but "the business was closed."

For starters, I live in a dorm building that has someone at the desk 24/7 and the building is never closed. Secondly, I talked to the person who was working the desk when USPS said they tried to deliver the package and that person said USPS never even came to the building. So not only did USPS delay my package by a day, they also lied about trying to deliver the package. Whoever is in charge of USPS, they should be ashamed that the company is so terrible.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I expected a package today, but I had to leave the house for about an hour. When I got home, I tracked my package online to find out to my disappointment that it was delivered and I quote: "Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 12:28 pm on October 5, 2017." Since I didn't see the package at the front door or porch, I immediately thought that someone must've stolen it. I was very upset but decided to wait till the end of the day before I start making phone calls.

I had the same experience prior to this one a few years before where the tracking results showed that something was already delivered when it wasn't. Lo and behold... The package came about 6 hours after. So why did they say that it was already delivered when it wasn't? And to think that they are also so specific with the delivery time and location is just beyond me. So for half a day, I have been worried sick for no reason at all. USPS... Can you be more diligent the next time? Your service is just horrible.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Shipper sent package from U.K. Registered mail so it could be tracked. As of this writing, says In Transit to the Destination (left Stamford, CT 9-22) as of 9-25. I opened a case last week and they called me back to let me know they didn't know where it was. Useless customer service. Why even pay for postage. I am extremely dissatisfied with US postal service. I had to reopen the case today. The shipper in the U.K. is also extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Your service sucks, you didn't forward the package to the right address. I went to the post office to correct it, they gave me consumer affairs number. I call it says it will call back in an 43 minutes, it didn't call back till over an hour or more, then when it did call back it just put me right back on hold for at least 10 -15 minutes. I got so mad I hung up, how infuriating to say the least. Try to contact again and now it wants me on hold for an hour. From now on I will be using FedEx. Your service couldn't get any more lame, it's horrible I wouldn't recommend USPS to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

These people are so lazy. The hours of the post office is minimal so to mail anything you have to take time off work. They are not customer friendly. They won't deliver to all houses because you live on the wrong side of the street. They are constantly sending important mail back because you don't pick it up quick enough and have no way of knowing you have important mail.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I do not want to offend other religions, but I pray to God for strength and comfort almost every time I have to interact with a counterperson at the 63110 branch in St. Louis, MO. I've had a P O Box for about ten years and I pay rent every 6 months. First I like to point out one painful observation about the ** counterpersons. They treat ** customers like trash and ** customers like angels. I have been trying to not allow myself to think that. I've been thinking I should try to be as polite as I expect to be treated by someone. When it's my turn to go up to counter, the ** lady stops smiling and won't greet me but just says "what do you need?" or something like "what do you want?". All the ** people were greeted with "Hi! How may I help You?" Or "Good morning, what can I do for you ma'am or sir?". It goes on even after I'm finished if there is a ** person behind me.

This happens 99 percent of the time. I know race relations are not great these days but it really hurts when your own race disregards you. I dress properly. I speak clearly, and I smile as I place my order. I always leave there feeling like I made them unhappy because they had to interact with me. My hair is combed, I take a bath everyday but I just can't figure out why this is so obvious to me now. I received a laptop that looked like it was used for a Piñata and asked the manager did she see it, and she said "yep, what do you expect me to do?" And just walked away and asked the ** customers if "she could be of any assistance to them" before she goes back to her desk. Another counter person said to me that I can send it back or file a claim but the USPS is not responsible and that I should complain to the sender.

I sent it back and the replacement came almost exactly damaged like the first one. Again when I complained, I was made to feel like I'm a criminal or that nobody cares as I'm being told to move to the side so that they can help the next customer. I have photos of aforementioned pkgs. Several credit cards and other items have never made it to my P O Box. I am honestly scared to say anything or complain to a ** employee, because the ones I have interacted with seem to think they don't have to treat me right. But it seems to me that they bend over backwards for a ** customer. Recently they changed the lock on my Box because they said I only paid 1 month according to the computer. You cannot only pay 1 month for a PO Box. And furthermore, 1 month rental for a regular mail size box doesn't cost $43.00, which is how much I paid.

I had to go home after the new manager (A ** Person) told me to leave or the police will be called. When I returned with my "paid" 6 months proof, they said that the last person in charge of PO boxes had the system all messed up and that the new manager is trying to figure out how to solve the problems. I have never cited the racial thing before, but as crazy as this reads, in St. Louis, MO. this is how it is. I don't really expect many people to understand where I'm coming from, but this story is true. The USPS seems to have some sort of right to treat Customers anyway they want, because there is nothing that can be done to stop the unfriendly people in its employ.

I'm still going try and figure out what I could do different to earn better treatment. I just don't know right now. The USPS is the only regular mail service in this country, and as soon as someone figures out how to do better than them, I suspect they will slip further into a failing business that it is. There is so much more that I could add but I have become more unhappy and sad as I write this because I hope it's all just my imagination.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Both Vendor & USPS state package delivered Aug 30... So where is it? I have USPS case confirmation # but Can't find menu option to check status. I waded thru menu for 10 minutes, pushed wrong button & SYSTEM HUNG UP ON ME! REALLY!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have had 3 packages lost in 2 months. All while having to call the 800# and cases opened them nothing getting done. Then instead of calling you or trying to do something, no email at all. I will go look and find the case closed and all I get is an email from USPS wanting me to do a survey on how they did! The wait time calling the 800 number is horrible. On top of everything else my last package that was lost they said it never left the post office. What? Yes it did! I have had it showing on its way to Los Angeles sitting in delayed delivery for almost a month now. I am dealing with incompetent people who work at the post office who should not even be working because they can't do their job. So now I go researching and find that the sender is supposedly cracking down on employees because packages and mail are being withheld to meet their quota!

I understand a package can get lost or misplaced every now and then but not 3 in a short amount of time. Sick and tired of calling the 800 number with no answers and sick and tired of consumer affairs not doing their job either. Why am I paying for postage? When I have customers asking me where their package is there is a problem. USPS needs to get off their ** and start cracking down on these employees and firing them. It's ridiculous for consumers to depend on the post office to get their mail delivered and we pay them and expect them to do their job but they do nothing. All the meanwhile I have to waste my day placing calls just to find myself sitting on hold to open a case on a package that never gets looked into. I end up having to refund my customer and not only looking money in refunding but never getting my item returned which I'm still waiting on a package that was to be returned to me over a month ago!

I am seriously thinking of getting the news channel involved over this. How come USPS CONSUMER AFFAIRS has over 1600 complaints??? Also whenever you call a consumer affairs office all you get is a recording. Leaving messages where nobody calls you back. I am beyond fed up. I am at the point where I want to scream! Do your freaking job!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The United States Postal Service did not deliver to me. I ordered a TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator from them and the package required a signature. I was home the whole day, but they never knocked, and when I checked the mailbox, all I found was a slip saying that they could not contact me and that I had to pick it up at the post office. Their staff is lazy and I do not like their service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I paid to have a package which, in my personal opinion, was stolen! The tracking number shows the packaged entered the post office and shows the package left the post office, but never made it to the sorting facility. I did a online search for the package, I spoke to the local postmaster. I wrote to the Office of the Consumer Advocate, the group that handles postal issues, and the end result was, I didn't buy insurance, nothing they can do. I think I should have been reimbursed for at least the shipping and a explanation for the stolen package!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I ordered a package through an online store a month ago, and it was delivered to my local USPS carrier (Hollywood, FL) over 15 days ago. From there, USPS never updated the status of my package and after 2 weeks of waiting for their "investigation" to reach a conclusion (and 5 days of no response from their end), their final response was that they "could not find it". My package mysteriously vanished! Wow! I wonder what kind of "investigation" did they make that took them 2 weeks to reach that conclusion without so much as an apology? Their employees get paid to lose our packages every now and then, leading to our losing money over their carelessness, and the government protects them from lawsuits!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have an open claim. The number is **. I also have a redelivery number **. I still have not received my packages and the post office refuse to answer the phone. I still have not received a call from the manager from the post office and still have not received my packages (4 in total now). Please into this matter for me. Thank you. Ms. ** (NYC Police Department). I can be reached at **.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I send packages very often, that's the reason I use USPS and not UPS or FEDEX. It's cheaper. However, they are awful. To me, it's literally the worst company and employees in the US. They lost one of my packages, and they couldn't care less. I mean, I understand, we're only humans and we make mistakes, but at least ACT as if you're sorry! Oh and the employees are so rude that I would fire every single one of them if I only could! I now avoid the post office. I just drop my package at a mailbox praying it will reach its destination! The customer service is awful. Employees are not helpful at all.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My packages have been "Out for Delivery" with USPS since approx. Sat. 09/16/17. 1) ** - shows DELIVERED on 09/18/17 - I have not received this package. Contacting USPS Ashburn Post office loss rep. (703 406 6291), reporting this issue, investigated the parcel and confirmed that the parcel scan was NOT administered by my regular mail delivery man. It was scanned by another carrier on another route that does not include my Home/Home office, and ultimately not delivered to my address. The USPS rep assured me she would personally find my package as well as the other missing packages that have been "Out for Delivery" since 09/16/17. Of course promised phone follow-ups are never done.

2) Case number **, Transaction ID: ** USPS additional Tracking numbers: 3) **, 4) **, 5) **. As of this evening 09/19/2017 - none of the above packages have been delivered to me. On the day of the alleged delivery of the aforementioned tracking number - other packages were successfully delivered to my home address: ** reflecting the time of my mail delivery: 4:43pm. However the mysterious "delivered" package, was delivered somewhere else at 4:13pm. See USPS tracking for details of this activity. I have disputes and cases open with companies I purchased these items at, as well as PayPal, my county Police Department, and just now the USPS attorney General, since I have yet to receive my deliveries and fear this will become an ongoing issue as I am a small business that receives multiple packages every week and until just recently having multiple issues with USPS. All of these "errors" seem to point to one problem - Carriers and Missing Packages.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I was told by 3 USPS people that my package was still at the NJ sorting Facility. So I Google searched for a phone number only to find a lot of people complaining about this one facility. I found one number so I called and spoke to a Pauly who said, "Hello how can I help you?" and before I could say a single word out she said, "Please hold" and had put me on hold for 10mins. She takes me off hold and I told her the problem I was having with my package and how it has yet left the NJ sorting Facility. She transferred me to someone else who puts me on hold for 1hr and 4 mins before I hung up.

I found the number to the NJ sorting Facility and called. I spoke to a Sherry whom I told what was going on that 3 other USPS workers had told me it was there and had been for the past 4 days and as yet hit Virginia. She got real snob with me and told me it had left the Facility. I told her that the day of delivery was today. She replied, "I wish they would stop doing that, it will get shipped out when it gets shipped out!" I asked to speak with the Plant manager. She replied, "That's not going to happen!" When I asked why she replied, "We have workers that do that job. Would you like to be transferred to one?" Without a choice I said yes. Some Zdel guy that said he works as a BCA who I couldn't really understand answered and I told him what was going on. He said he would go look to see if my package was still there and give me a call. I never received that callback.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Ordered a package from Tucson AZ going to Phoenix AZ, sent first class. UPS, FedEx only take a day by GROUND service. DHL only takes two days by GROUND service. USPS takes a week. Of course they first have to ship the package to Los Angeles THEN redirect it to Phoenix. The constant gross incompetence of the USPS can only be described as fraud of tax payer money since we have to constantly reimburse them to the tune of billions of dollars yearly.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Ordered some college books for my son to be delivered on September 9th, which never arrived but indicated that it was not far away 10022! Started tracking with the message "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The item is currently in transit to the destination as of September 12, 2017 at 9:16 am. It is on its way to NEW YORK, NY 10003". Today is September 19th with no further tracking information. Made an enormous amount of calls to USPS, and yet to establish where my package is. Very poor customer service, they do not know how to pick up the phone! Tired of the runaround!!

USPS Company Information