1.08/5
Based on 378 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

USPS

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

6742 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Package was dropped off in Fairlawn NJ facility. Bill of lading filled out correctly as I have a copy. Woman who was about 90 years old entered return address as delivery address. So instead of going NJ to TX package went NJ to NJ and still did not deliver and now customer service tells me it’s my problem for giving wrong delivery address which I did not. They told me to complete a package intercept form to change address and pay $22.14 for their mistake even though they still cannot even locate the package. Never again. USPS is pure garbage on service. Customer service I waited 1 hour and 31 minutes for to speak to a very confused, unknowledgeable woman who spoke next to no English. You get what you pay for, UPS and FedEx from now on. Thanks USPS for employing a 90 year old woman who is so senile she entered info wrong, now concert tickets I used priority express for are going to waste. Go to hell.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I called USPS today in reference to a package that was supposed to be received on 2.1.18, I work banking hours so I do most of my shopping online. The package was mailed to the Dundalk Location in Maryland which is about 21 minutes away from my home and the package has just been sitting there!!! When you call customer service, the IVR gives you more options rather than more people to talk to!!! I called the Help Desk and got placed on hold for 3 minutes. I wasn't even on hold. I was on mute. I could still hear background noise. I do not know what is going on today with the postal service but I won't stop until I get in touch with the head honcho!!! The service is always horrible. This corporation is responsible for handling our mail. Do you know how important this is??? I no longer want to do business with any company that ships through USPS. I have never seen such carelessness in my life!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I appreciate all the USPS members working in my county, they are really courteous and hard working people (they are the reason I put 1 star). But, today I had an issue with the phone customer service! I have a package that went missing for weeks already (said delivered on tracking but not in the Mail Box) and I contacted the seller. Seller told me to contact the USPS to locate the package. Today, a lady called me from a hidden number, saying. I wasn't even being aggressive like the way she was! I hope the call was monitored and saved, because I didn't receive my package, I left a note in my neighborhood about a lost package. And I wanted to ask her what other options do I have because obviously this is not working out! And she just hang up on me in all rudeness... USPS should be careful on what kind of person they are hiring...

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I ACTUALLY receive an average of 1 out of every 5 packages. They constantly lie and say packages have been delivered that never have been. I work from home, and on the days of my scheduled deliveries I watch the door like a hawk. The delivery never comes, but sure enough, I receive an email telling me the item has been delivered. Or worse, sometimes I get absolutely no false notice at all and come to find out that instead of even bothering with that, they've just dumped it at the post office without even warning me, and usually by that point it's too late to retrieve it. I've lost hundreds of dollars in just the last six months alone.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

On the morning of February 3rd, 2018, I approached the mail delivery man at Slate Run Apartments in the 40223 areas - an apartment complex where I currently live. I politely attempted to ask him to unlock the key to the large parcel box so that I could retrieve an order that arrived days prior. Before I could complete the question, he interrupted me with the insult "I can't give you a key, you need to contact your landlord for the key, as you can see I work for the postal service."

The man’s employer, USPS, was obvious as he was in uniform and driving a marked USPS vehicle. This is how I know he insulted me with the remark "I work for the postal service." When a large parcel is delivered, it is USPS who enters and locks them into the box in question. They don't call apartment management down to enter them. This man could have simply asked me for ID to prove my ownership of the parcel I wanted and/or unlocked the key so that I could retrieve it. But I'm guessing customer service is an impossible act for these people when they refuse to listen and outright insult us - the CUSTOMER.

This is why I find myself selecting more expensive delivery services like United Parcel Service. I will gladly pay triple shipping and handling cost for UPS service. I would rather not pay the wages of people who disrespect customers face to face & mishandle our packages. These people even assault each other; where do you think the meme "going postal" comes from?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

If I want to describe the USPS, I would say it's unreliable service and worthless. I can't call it organization because they are missing 99% of that part! You try to reach to their customer support, waiting time is an hour 15 minutes; seriously, are they thinking I will wait for an hour and something to talk to an agent who doesn't know anything and won't be able to help. I made a mistake and the lesson learned.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

It became clear why the Postal Office was losing its business because of mistreatment of customers. They hired a staff that can be described as inefficient, do not have any basic and simplest rules of treatment. Today, today I had experienced the worst abuse of my life from a staff there. Her name is Titi. She was very rude and does not bother herself to answer my questions. She did not want to help!!! And looked at me with disrespect and used her hands only to answer questions.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We own a home in Delray Beach, Florida zip code 33483, but as this is a second home, we do not receive mail here. However, on occasion a package will be sent to us via the US Post Office. Sometimes the mail carrier properly delivers the package, but a dozen or so times a year it is returned to the sender saying this is a non-existent address.

Our home's address is well marked and UPS and FedEx NEVER EVER have a problem with package delivery. We have contacted the post office in writing both by mail and email but the ridiculous problem is never resolved nor have we ever received a response. We have also made requests on the phone and in person, but are ignored. We usually request packages be sent by UPS or FedEx or we actually have them delivered to a neighbor's home. The worst part, besides the unnecessary inconvenience and obvious stupidity, is the USPO is charging the sender to deliver a package to a well-marked home in a well-known old neighborhood then failing to do so. Further, they are creating confusion by stating to the sender that the address doesn't exist.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Waited on hold for technical support for 2 hours. 2 hours I kid you not!!! Then when I finally got someone she transferred me to someone else who briefly talked to me then placed me on hold for another 3 minutes. Plus the person she transferred me to barely spoke English. So yes I was upset plus he was not helping nor listening to me. So when I told him he was not trying to ** help me when he stated he was but kept cutting me off he had the nerve to hang up on me because I stated the truth. I wasn't rude. I wasn't yelling. I calmly said, "You are not trying to ** help me because you keep cutting me off." He then said because I used profanity ONCE he was disconnecting the call. What kind of stuff is this?! Just let me speak to my branch!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Don't send anything through USPS, tracking numbers are completely worthless. Supposed to receive package sent first class (1-3 days) and it's been 8 days and still no package. My mother has been waiting for a package and it's late by three weeks. There is nobody to complain to and when I tried to make an email complaint I received an error message saying the system was down. I made a complaint at the post office and they gave me a number to call. I called the number and ended up in an endless loop wasting my time. Don't use the USPS.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was one of the lucky ones, after 28 days I was able to find out what happened to the package I sent. A very nice customer service lady explained that the last 2 digits of the address was a B and there was no such address. She sent me a copy of the scan. The person who scanned it, did it at an angle and it indeed looked like a fuzzy B though it was a 13. The address label when attached to the package, did not look like a fuzzy B, it was a very clear 13. So because their scanning equipment is not very good, I have an irate customer and a package floating from postal center to postal center. I am going to find a more reliable service. She told me it would be returned to sender, I will wait and see.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

It took a week of trying until reach some real person, then they told you nothing they can do, "Your mail is untrackable." I lost two packages sent to Canada in December, they arrived Miami, then they are gone. Do not use this company for international shipping. It sucks.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

My 2nd day delivery was sent to Chicago instead of San Diego. Day 3 and they don’t even know where it is. I should get my money back. They didn’t fulfill their agreement. I can’t wait until they go out of business. They mess up every time I use them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have made complain of lost package with TRK# in person at post office and 3 days later this post office sent my package back to China. This package travel across the globe from China to San Francisco then across US to Garfield, NJ 07026 - just to be mishandled and sent back to China. This is just one example of many issues. However my usual home delivery post lady is doing very good job.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I spent $20 shipping two pillows using priority mail. The expected delivery day was this past Saturday the 27th (I shipped the 25th) to Washington. On Saturday the package showed it was a distribution center 10 minutes from the delivery address. Today it showed that packaged as shipped all the way to VIRGINIA, thousands of miles on the opposite side of the country!! I'm not entitled to a refund, the purchaser (sold on eBay) is upset because they were expecting their package and I spent $20 for unorganized, horrible service. NEVER shipping with USPS again!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Was supposed to get my puppies food delivered on Saturday. Supposedly they had attempted a delivery and a note was left which was complete bs because my family was home the whole day. My nephew even said he seen the mailman with no package. I called. They promised a package Sunday to no avail. On Monday I went to the post office and they told me it was out for delivery again and that I should be receiving it that day. Never got anything, I checked my tracking number and they said they had attempted to deliver a second time in the morning which again was complete bs because they did not come with my package nor did they leave a notice. They practically lied about trying to deliver my package twice just so their lazy asses wouldn’t have to carry a bag of dog food to my door. I hope USPS goes down in business. I am so outraged.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

USPS - Memphis: Literally one of the worst facilities out there. I have never had so many problems with mail as I do with them. Items that arrive, depart, arrive and depart again numerous times within minutes of each scan. After that it just disappears for days and then gets rescanned as arriving and departing again. Customer service is an absolute joke. Worst USPS facility with very poor employment.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Lost and delayed packages. USPS your tracking sucks. Updating is a joke. I doubt if you could find your backside with a flashlight in both hands. Seriously, you really need to update your software and maybe educate your carriers how to use it. UPS or FedEx from now on. Whatever cost will be well worth it. Remember carriers, it is your job at stake if you don't improve.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I am mad and angry because every time I make an order I never get it But it says "Delivered" And I never receive it. I bought something from Lord & Taylor and it was a good deal and looking forward to have it but I never received it. I am called them yesterday and never answer. This is ridiculous that they lost my package. >-<

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Where is my mail??? For years the residents of State RT 193 Kingsville Ohio live in fear of their packages being delivered. We either find it on the roadside on the ground, in the snowbanks, middle of the yard, sitting on top of cars, middle of driveway or not delivered at all. Through rain, sleet or snow this is where it's delivered. On a good day you will catch the mail carrier drop kicking packages, throwing into garages or throwing from vehicle window to the ground. Do not confront the carrier you will get mace threatened in your face. Complaints to the moon have been called and written. All we get told is "We have a strong union. They cant do anything." We are told to pick up our packages at post office - the carrier is banned from 30 some house... We should be punished and have to drive to the post office because someone will not do their job???

So I guess this is the type of people the USPS wants representing them!!! Delivering our mail and packages that contain items we bought and paid for. Isn't that damaging someone's property? So I guess you can be rude, unprofessional, disrespectful, lazy, not do your job and still have it!!! Wow I want that job. I hope someday someone invents a new postal service that delivers mail and packages because I will personally be the first in line to buy stamps. I want everyone to know the USPS doesn't care how their employees represent themselves and the reflection of the USPS represented because this has been continuous...

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I ordered two items, one from eBay and one from Buya. Both were smart home items that were very good prices. The items show shipped, they arrived in Denver on Jan 18, 2018. One supposedly departed Denver on Jan. 19, the other does not show it ever left. Since Jan 19 both have shown as "in transit to the destination." Try calling the USPS customer service hotline. If you do manage to get a ring to an actual rep your wait time will be 1 hour 40 minutes to one hour 50 minutes. I filed my lost packages inquiry, to date have not heard anything, and I don't expect to. People in actual post office refer you to the phone number. Ridiculous that they can lost two packages same day in the same distribution center, and apparently it is no big deal to anyone except me.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I have mailed any number of packages and received packages through eBay, Amazon, etc. and I work with sending and receiving mail in a mailroom. I know accidents happen, but the USPS is one of the worst attitudes of any govt. agency. I received some prints today that I had ordered from a photo print company. They came in a timely manner, being fair about this. However, the shipping tube had been crushed. It looked like it had been run over. The ends had been spread back open and scotch tape was placed over the ends. I went to the local post office to see what I could do about it, being calm and nice. I was confronted by the supervisor and told that this could not have been done by the postal service and must have been done by the company that sent it.

She also told me that it was not their responsibility to provide me with any kind of documentation that it was delivered in that manner. Most people know the Post Office will not accept any package sealed with scotch tape. I have to provide this review to vent my anger with the obvious lack of responsibility of the postal service. They could have at least returned the package to the sender saying it was damaged. They don't say anything if you put too much postage on an envelope, but don't short it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I am very disturbed with USPS carrier. I lost many packages with tracking number. When I filled the form "missing item". The result is not enough information they don't know. I have a strong feeling that there is a leak between their employees that is easy to steal. 0.0 of customer service. They don't want to even search for information cause they know the truth.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

This is made of two stories. 1) The office worker refused to give me a receipt for the stamps I bought, saying "I don't like your attitude.", no other reasons. 2) The reason for the argument above, willingly delayed the selling of the stamps I sent the payment in the mail. The detail, 2) I sent my check for the 20 stamps for the price I found on the envelope I had in my desk drawer on 1-14 2018, not knowing the price would be going up in a week. On 1-23-2018, I received my check back from the USPS stating that the price went up on 1-21-2018, so unless the difference is made, the stamps won't be sent. They even waited a few days for the price to go up, while they could have sent the stamps right away with or without the new price and ask the difference afterward. This actually happened before and I sent the difference.

Meanwhile I had to hold all the payment being billed to me (It could have added late charge but I haven't heard of it yet.). I needed stamps right away, so I went to the local office in San Juan Capistrano immediately. (Something I'll be doing now on, no more stamps in the mail). 1) At the office (the check for the difference already being paid), I explained and told the worker how disgusting USPS could do this on purpose. The worker didn't like that and first she said she's not giving me stamps because she didn't like the complaint. After while of arguments she gave in and handed me stamps.

Then next she said she's not giving me the receipt because she didn't like my attitude. It was already printed and all she had to do was just handing it to me. I got what was her intention, so I said, "Fine" and left. Another way of saying this is that USPS worker have no obligation to give their products the customer already paid for or the receipt if she choose to. They don't have to give stamps (that is already being paid) or the receipt if she doesn't like the customer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ordered 4 items on eBay within 20 min of each other. ALL SAY IN TRANSIT TO MY TOWN. MUST HAVE NOT CHANGED IN 4-6 DAYS. What the hell is going on? I have never seen this in all the time I’ve shopped on eBay. USPS is a bunch of crap. We pay to get things and they can’t keep your items' whereabouts tracked. Makes me wonder.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ordered online a product from Walgreens to be delivered to a store next to me. Target given by USPS: January 20, 2018 before 8 PM. Nothing happened except a "Delivery status not updated" message at 10:35 PM. This morning same message: "Package to be delivered by January 22, 2018 before 8 PM" and again "Delivery status not updated". I called the 800 USPS number and the person read to me the message of January 20!!! If you do not use USPS anymore, it might cost you a few more dollars a year, but you will save a lot of aggravation and this is worth a lot! Note: Walgreens wants me to wait until the package arrives at their store so that I can be reimbursed by refusing to take it and after the package returns to the warehouse!!! They chose a lousy carrier and they are holding my money. So I called my credit card and contested the payment. Multiple lessons in my experience.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I get my medications through the VA. Every time they order a refill (and it can be needles, drugs, or medical devices) EVERY package is lost. They deliberately remove my unit number so it can't be mailed to me. I confirm my address every time I order a refill, AND the VA checks tracking. USPS doesn't care. I'll die if I miss my meds. No concern of theirs. And yes, VA medication orders are OBVIOUS to anyone handling them. They just intentionally refuse to deliver them because veterans aren't worth doing their jobs. Sorry I served. I sincerely regret it.

I have pictures of one incident. The VA almost didn't reorder because it has happened so many times. The mail guy didn't feel like giving me my meds so he just held onto it. Seriously--they wrote the date on the envelope every time it was scanned, but didn't actually deliver it until 2 months later! The last date written was in October, while the fill date inside was in August! This is **. Proof positive USPS hates veterans with a passion.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had been waiting for an expected package for some time and for 2 days they delayed it last minute, all while not responding to my multiple phone calls to USPS customers service! I had intended to pick the packages up myself but I couldn't speak to anyone! I went to the USPS office and complained about this and that same day I got home and my packages were outside my door, wet and not sealed correctly! Not to mention my personal mail laying out on top of the package also wet! My w2 forms and important doctors letter were wet and damaged! I'm am extremely unhappy and would like to know how to handle this!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I do most of my shopping online, and until the last year I haven't had any issues. This last problem is the last straw. I ordered an item priority express on the 16th and have yet to see it - delivery was supposed to be guaranteed for yesterday. Label was created, item received and accepted at Regional Origin Facility - all on the 16th. Nothing has moved since. I know this happens; but, it seems to happen at least on a month now. Why pay 10 to 20 extra dollars for priority and express service - when you can get the same service with standard mail? I am done with USPS shipping - if the site offers UPS, or FedEx - then I will pay the extra. They can't do any worse - at least I hope not.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I recently took a trip to Florida to see my daughter in Naples Fl, and I have never experience this problem in the past. I don't use airline luggage because of the cost and I always mail my clothing to where I am going, but I always take 3 change of clothes with me just in case it takes a day or two extra to get to me. I mailed it out Jan 9th and it was supposed to get there by the 12th, and I was flying in on the 11th. Well it was it wasn't there, and I was leaving her home to go to my son's home on the 13th and help him pack and move to Michigan. So on the 14th I got online to redirect my package to my son's house which cost me another $25 so now we are up to $58. I have a tracking number and have tracked it. It sit in Detroit Mi for 8 days and it says because of weather, but when I checked the weather from Jan 9th through the 12th from Detroit to Naples Fl there was no bad weather.

I feel the postal service is getting lazy at what they do. They tell on the receipt and circle it that it will be there on this day and it not and then they overcharge you for that amount than the regular amount. I have been calling and getting a busy signal at a lot of post office and yesterday I got through to one, this lady was rude and had no time for me from the time she picked up the phone. She told me that it could take up to 14 days, I said, "WHAT? I paid for Priority Mail." She said that 1 to 3 days is not guaranteed, I told, "Well I could of paid the cheaper one with 5-7 days.

So anyways here I am in St. Petersburg Fl on Jan 19th without my package still and I got online to check it. Today it finally made it to Naples Fl and going to redirect to here in my son's in St. Petersburg and no one is going to be here because we are moving them to Michigan. I am so mad right now at this all and at their website at how they got it setup to help you. They never get back to you. So I guess I'll just pay out more money to have it redirected back to Michigan.

USPS Company Information

Washington
DC
www.usps.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use