1.11/5

Last updated: April 20, 2018

6824 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 24, 2018

The Mailman did not knock and now I have to wait 2 more days for redelivery. Why does he not just leave the package in the mailbox like before? I was home and he did not knock so that I can go sign his paper...

Original review: March 24, 2018

Got my second orange slip this week when I was home waiting for my package, all too often can’t be bothered to place tiny parcels in mailbox, since my post office often doesn’t hold packages before having them immediately returned to sender I’m trying to schedule a redelivery... Only the redelivery code won’t work online, says I’ts invalid (not the first time this has happened) so I have to call which is a complete waste of time unless you’re willing to be on hold for over an hour. Whenever I try to find the local USPS number only that 1800 comes up.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Our mail carrier has been holding our mail for over a week because he says he delivered a parcel to our address by mistake and we didn't return it. He had left a pink slip in our box last Thursday and I tried calling the local post office to tell them we hadn't received any sort of parcel at all and they would never answer their phone. I spoke to one of the other people in the post office who informed me this is why the carrier has not been delivering our mail but said he would tell him to deliver our mail today. I have already filed a complaint with the OIG. Now, I'm afraid he will continue to retaliate just because he thinks we have a package that was never delivered to us.

Original review: March 24, 2018

USPS negligence caused me to waste $260 by delivering a $260 package I purchased off eBay at the front door of my apartment as if I'm the only one living in the building. I've spent countless hours on the phone with USPS representatives and I've taken all the necessary steps they suggested to get reimbursed and they still haven't refunded me simply because the tracking number for the package shows it was delivered. Despite me telling them the package was stolen, they proceeded to tell me they won't reimburse me because it was delivered.

They could have redelivered, required signature, left the package with my superintendent, have me pick it up at one of their post offices, etc. Although I expressed these points as better and more logical options that would've certainly prevented my package from being stolen or missing during the constant long calls and several claims and cases I went through, they still refused to refund me for their incompetence by using their redundant nonsensical excuse as the reason why they won't. USPS has left me with no other choice but to take this matter to whom can help me receive my hard earned money back. I need justice!!!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I track packages to my address and have had lost shipments, late shipments, shipments sent to the wrong state across the country after being tracked to my local post office. Example at 7:00am Friday: out for delivery, expect shipment by 8:00pm Friday, March 23, 2018, my only day home. Oops packages didn't arrive then, three packages are in limbo and awaiting one for Saturday March 24, 2018. When will it arrive or will it arrive? I have had to hand deliver mail to neighbors, placed in my mail. This has all happened recently. I do not think it is any one person's fault, I just think it is the way things have become in our country. Then I get a message that I requested for my packages to be held at the local post office, no such request was made!!! Nobody really cares about respect for others or their job performance anymore. Have filed complaints, but do not think it helps. Wish I lived in a more affluent neighborhood.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: March 23, 2018

USPS is negligible with the everyday customers’ items and important mail; many times item will never arrive because USPS simply doesn’t care. Bought items through multiple websites recently, one from January was still “in transit” until the tracking info became invalid (it’s almost April and still no updates on missing mail case there). Another parcel seems to be stuck at its origin post office in PA, and has been there long enough to have arrived at my door by now had they ever sent it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I mail two down jackets to China on Feb. 2 and guaranteed delivered date was Feb. 22. I track online after Feb. 22 for days for always showing "on transit", I started to panic because the two jackets cost me $1800. I fill package searching file online and got no feedback at all. Then I tried to call 1800USPS and cost me two days to finally speak to a real person. Two days later, my worried-so-much package magically mail back to my house. I almost kissed all over my package and say welcome home again and tell my package that I will never send you to USPS again. Then I found there are magic stamps on my package that saying clearing refused by fish and wildlife service. I brought the jacket here in USA. (Hello, fish and wildlife service people, why do you go ahead to the stores to banned the products? You do not stamp this after I spent $1800USD!)

Ok, go back USPS services, because it is guaranteed service I paid, I tried to get refund for the mailing fee and USPS webpage said refund should go to local USPS. I did. The local USPS claimed that I should go to the big branch at Shady Grove because I mailed there. Even department stores, they allowed customers return products at any chain stores for customer convenience. Finally I got the mail master at Olney post office and he find out that I need call a head office of USPS at DC to get explanation. I called the number three times and finally reached the person said they do not handle the case, it should be mail master make the decision. Good Job. Trick me twice!

So I went to the Shady Grove branch and the mail master said I should call so called International Inquiry Center and I will never get the option to talk a human about my case. Good job! Trick me again! I have to call USPS customer again and after I googled how to get damn human at 1-800-ask-USPS. Thank you for the person who post this and now I am on the waiting line for 1 hours and 45 mins! Good job! USPS! Also I wrote "Down Jackets" on my mailing list, Your clerk should know if the package could not pass the clearance and gave me advice. Here is I paid about $85 USD and I got one month freaking out and two times trick out from your USPS service facility and hours waiting on your service line. Hello, USPS, refund my money!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I went to my Post Office and opened my box in which there was a key to a parcel placed in it. When I went to open the parcel box there was nothing in it. I called and informed them that the tracking number I had stated that it was delivered on 3/19/18 to my PO Box. So I called and spoke to the manager of the Eagle Rock Idaho Falls manager "Brett **" who informed me that his employee placed it in the parcel package and there was nothing else he could do. I asked for his supervisor, he said he was the highest level of management I could speak to there, which is a blatant lie since I found out that his boss Jim was away for the week.

Brett was extremely rude and stated that I must be lying since his employee placed the package in the parcel. I asked him if there are camera which could prove that I was there and opened the parcel and found nothing, or showing the employee placing the item in the Parcel, he said no and he also stated that he couldn't disclose the name of the employee that put the package in the parcel. I know there are cameras in that post office, so that is 2 times Brett lied to me. If he was the person that supposedly placed the package in the parcel then he is not telling me that it was he.

I suspect that either he has my package, or he knows that his employee screwed up and placed my package in another parcel and doesn't want to hold his branch liable for this theft or error. I called consumer relations at 801-974-2333 and filed 2 reports, one against Brett ** for his rude and unprofessional behavior, and one for the stolen or misplaced package that I was supposed to received.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Nov 01, 2017, I sent two packages to China by USPS International Guarantee service, less 2 lbs package was paid $67.40 post fee each, and USPS guaranteed delivery before Nov 09 2017, or money back guarantees, it was written on the receipt too, but they lost my packages almost one month and packages arrived at Chinese custom on Nov 30, one delivered to the client and the one returned to me. I report the refund post fee claims on Nov 16, 2017, but still, have not received refund yet (today is March 21, 2018) although I went to USPS office more than 10 times and call them more than 10 times. They lie to customers, USPS DOESN'T KEEP PROMISE, service so sucks!!! I strongly suggest do not use international mail by USPS, they say guarantee but not guarantee at all.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I do not understand how the USPS can lose your package and there is a tracking number on it. You pay for priority mail and they still lose your package. Then when you show them the value of the item they still do not want to reimburse you. Okay. I sold a brand new iPhone 8 on eBay for $848.00 and shipped it using 2 day priority mail. It was going to California however it never made it past the first distribution center. After 5 days the tracking change to "on its way to next location." I called and was told I had to complete a lost mail claim. I did that however completing a lost mail claim does absolutely nothing. After one phone call my claim was closed. Then I was told the item was probably delivered but never scanned again. I don’t think so.

So I put in for an insurance claim, send pictures of my receipt of sale, pictures of the phone, and pictures of the buyer complaining to eBay about never receiving the phone. USPS says that’s not enough evidence and only issued me a $60.00 check. So I’m wondering how many expensive items are getting lost in the mail because something isn’t adding up. If the phone never updated from the distribution center someone must have taken my package that worked there. It was taped securely and the label was printed from the computer. There needs to be some type of accountability held toward this agency. People work hard for their money and to send $60 for a phone that cost over $800 is ridiculous.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Very important tax documents and receipts that were to be delivered to my accountant via Certified Mail with return receipt have been lost by the USPS. This has caused great anguish, along with money and time dealing with protecting my credit from potential fraud. I will never trust the USPS again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have one package that is over 2 months due. No tracking updates. The tracking information makes no sense. I have an additional package now missing as well. It's over three days late - supposedly in Atlanta somewhere. My feeling is as customers, we are using a service / product that is advertised to be prompt, unstoppable and performed with integrity. But what is delivered is unreliable, seldom prompt and the attitudes I have gotten from the USPS workers is that we should just expect this and write it off as a loss. Then you find out that they sell your items after 30, 60 or 90 days unless you file a missing mail request. I paid at the time for tracking and security.

I have received the customary computer response and nothing more. Filing a missing mail request is difficult to complete and I have no confidence it's being pursued. I wish the managers, Post Master and all his upper manager people would stop the SPIN on the opioid connection with our mail being lost - check out their auction page and see our stuff in bins being destroyed and sorted and sold. It's criminal the way our money is being taken and we are trusting them with our important items and they walk away making a profit off our loss. They should be broken up and sold to other companies that can actually get items delivered. Whoever that is.

Original review: March 20, 2018

USPS is one of the worst government agency and the only one in the USA. Being the only one they can do whatever they want with people. They play dirty games, and they hide from customers golden information. I have a P O Box for many years in Mar Vista Station zip code 90066, and I always received large packages including a massage table from Amazon. I never missed one package! When DHL Express made a free delivery on 11/22/17 this item was a refurbished iPhone 6 golden, they delivered in my 100% correct address in Los Angeles. A full physical address from a post office branch with a P O Box number showing as a unit #. Guess what. DHL never make deliveries in PO Boxes, and USPS does NOT tell customers about this secret. Another secret is that the DHL track # called waybill does NOT convert automatically into USPS tracking # for PO Boxes ONLY. But it does convert for another type of international deliveries.

The employee from the USPS Mar Vista knowing this precious information ahead of me, stealed my phone and she is NOT working for this branch anymore. I'm trying to get a refund of 267.76 US dollars and the agency told me, that the seller in Hong Kong must to file a international form involving DHL telling that I did NOT received my stolen package. The trick is that the seller has the same paperwork that I have from DHL showing that the clerk from Mar Vista Post office where I have all my deliveries done, had signed as received this package..

The seller doesn't want to get involved, because the item I was received! I just have to believe that the universe will take care the mean rules, the mean employees. I was a victim for sure. Also I'm a low income person receiving help from the USA government. None knows the sacrifice that I did to save this money to buy me a used phone, because mine, is dying soon. It's too old. That's all for now. People be careful with this agency.

Original review: March 18, 2018

First I go through this problem with FedEx, now UPS. My Package was in Columbia S.C yesterday at 4.am, now it said it came to Summerville SC later on that day. It told me it was on the truck for delivery and even said I signed for my package. Now how could you receive a package that never came.

Original review: March 18, 2018

It’s been an ongoing issue with the Post Office Branch in Wading River NY. The abuses have been there but now with the ubiquitous IP camera, it’s been all recorded and thrown back at them. First, it was the video of the carrier delivering a one of a kind lamp, but pulling in my driveway stopping and throwing the package out of the truck. Misdelivery is a major concern since you don’t always know when something is coming, Street addressed here are only a suggestion, if the house number is the same, it’s close enough. Time and again, I would see a USPS tracker delivery shown as delivered but come to find out that it was never delivered it’s still sitting in the branch.

This last situation with delivery is most troubling. I’m a big Amazon shopper. Many times I order for weekend delivery. I can attest that any of the contracted deliveries scheduled for a Sunday between Amazon and the Post Office NEVER get delivered on time but are posted as delivered. I can only assume that the USPS does this to keep their on-time delivery statistics up. Yet Amazon doesn’t seem to listen to the issues.

Original review: March 18, 2018

When they don’t want to deliver your mail, the new thing is blame it on the customer. I had a package scheduled for delivery today, package NEVER showed and when I went to check tracking this is what I found, “Delivery attempt, held at post office per customer request”, this is an out and out lie! I never asked them to hold my package! I waited most of the day for package to arrive, needless to say I’m extremely furious.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I purchased a box for 6 months and paid a late fee. Afterwards, I realized in my conversation with a postal rep that they had smaller boxes for cheaper prizes. I asked to cancel the one I just had purchased and to buy the smaller one instead. The "system" would not allow it. I would only get half of my purchase and lose the rest. Where in the world is this acceptable!!! Someone needs to start a sue USPS and get the monies they are forcibly taking from us. I was never given any information on what would happen if I paid for a box and then changed my mind to get a different one... Never!!! Also I paid on March 14 and they have it starting on March 1st to August 31st (not September 1st). I thought I was paying for 6 months... NOT!!!

Original review: March 16, 2018

I had no choice but to give one star, can't post with no stars. I continue to try to support the USPS but time after time they have failed me. Good luck if you have an issue! The post office will give you the Consumer Affairs phone number which I believe isn't manned. You can also open a case on the internet. The USPS has three days to respond, if they don't respond, contact them. Once they fail to respond, try contacting them. The voice mail system takes you in circles. Put your tracking number in and you receive the same information that is on the tracking site. Choose find my package and you will be told the agent has the same information as listed on the website. Continue to try to contact customer service, then wait 1-2 hours on hold. If you have something of importance to ship, I suggest using another service.

Original review: March 16, 2018

WHERE do I even begin? I don't know if it's the USPS in general or my carrier, but I am damned sick of not getting my packages in a timely fashion. EVERY time it won't fit in the box, I get a "Delivery Exception", claiming that I am not available, when that is NOT true! I ALWAYS request Delivery Notifications for ALL of the ones they have available (arrived at post office, out for delivery, delivery exception, delivered, etc.). And not only that, but I have a tracking app on my phone, so I am ALWAYS aware of the day my package is to be delivered. I am therefore ALWAYS AT HOME AND WAITING, usually mere feet from my buzzer. And on these occasions, there has NOT been a valid attempt to deliver.

Either the carrier is not ringing the buzzer, or she's only doing so once and very quickly, which is NOT ACCEPTABLE! Maybe the USPS should teach their carriers to ring the bell MORE THAN ONCE and for LONGER THAN ONE SECOND! Also, there was no Delivery Notice, no slip for the one that was supposedly attempted today! Why would THAT have been? And then, when I DO get my packages, they're often damaged. I purchase from eBay a LOT and sellers often don't offer Insurance, so then the USPS says that "can't do anything" because there was no insurance! What a waste of space the USPS is anymore!

Original review: March 15, 2018

My package was scanned in that it was delivered and left on my front porch. There was nothing there. I have tried to contact someone to get this issue resolved and I didn’t have any luck. If driver is scanning packages in early it need to stop. Tried email. USPS said I had to wait 7 days. Such a inconvenience.

Original review: March 15, 2018

The USPS asks us to file insurance claims online. They provide a form for it. The form can be SAVED but will expire in 3 days if not submitted. There is no SUBMIT button anywhere. It's nothing but an exasperate-so-maybe- they-go-away scam. PO tech support refuses to respond when asked about it. So I filed the claim with the local postmaster. She was told to ask for "comparables" to determine value. (A) The item was a rare, unique antique without comparable. (B) The item sold at auction, where value is determined by the high bidder, and was backed by a Paid receipt. We know the PO will not pay more than the receipt value of an insured item, but here they are reneging from paying the receipt value. If I have to go to small claims court, I'll return and describe the experience.

Original review: March 15, 2018

USPS is literally the most unreliable courier service to ever be used in the history of mankind. Honestly 98% of the time I use them something goes wrong. I can almost guarantee that you could have counted more on the pony express. Total and utter garbage. It is to the point that I have been choosing to pay extra money to us UPS and FedEx because apparently whoever works there knows their ** from a whole in the ground. Please don't get me started on the harrowing experience of actually having to go into a post office. It's just a big brick building stuffed with people who don't care about their job or the service they provide. Rude and incompetent. Please close USPS. Close them forever. Fire everyone. Let the people who care about the business they are in handle the mail.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I sell on eBay. In the past month I have had 3 items delivered broken. All items were very well wrapped with bubble wrap, newspaper and wrapped in cardboard and packaged in a strong sturdy box. I also put a large 3x5 label on the box saying Fragile, Please handle with care, Thank you and write fragile, glass on the boxes, but still it arrives broken. I am not the only one this is happening to, I know several other people that this is happening to. The packages are leaving from the Lafayette, Louisiana post offices. I am tired of losing money because of the carelessness of the postal workers. Why don't ya'll start taking money out of their paychecks and let them see how it feels... You can file a claim all you want but they always find an excuse not to pay the claim. I am sick and tired of losing money because they don't care about other people's property.

Original review: March 15, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would! I have contacted Brooksville, FL USPS by email, by phone, every way possible and no one has gotten back to me on the issue I am having with their incompetent employees. The mail carrier for the past year continues to misplace my mail all throughout the neighborhood. I have complained I don't know how many times and it still continues. The last straw was when I got a $35 late payment fee because I never received the bill in the mail.

The negligence and carelessness of their employee assigned to deliver my mail has put my impeccable credit at stake and continues to do so, and I will not have it. Not to mention when they are on my road to deliver mail they are speeding about 15 miles over the speed limit (which is 30) on a dirt rocky road driving like a madman, it is ridiculous! All the while my mail is being put in everyone's mailbox but mine! This is the most disgraceful experience all the way around with Brooksville USPS. I have already warned them if this continues I will pursue the matter further. Something needs to be done soon.

Original review: March 15, 2018

This is the second time in a week that I sent overnight mail from Michigan to New Jersey!! And it has yet to get there!! This is the 5th day!! When I track my shipment it keeps saying it’s in (Detroit disturbed center) as of March 9th. Today is the 14th. GEESH!! It should of been there on the 10th no later than the 11th. This is nonsense and no one can help me when I call or go up there... they need to be held accountable... and furthermore where is my mail and why is it being held up!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

Second time I have paid for this service and was let down. I really needed a document to get to insurance company in 24 hours. Needless to say, it didn't happen. They promised next day noon delivery and it never happened... to a city and state only 4 hours away... I'm not entrusting anything to the post office again.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I order baked goods from a bakery. It was mis-delivered by the post office. It was not delivered to my house. My husband & I have looked all around the outside of our house - no package. There is a street that runs parallel with our street and has the same street numbers. We checked that street and it is not there. We have no idea where the package is. We have tried numerous times to contact the post office to find the package. They keep saying it is delivered. They don't try to understand that it was not delivered to the correct house. This is not the first time this has happened. By the time they find it, if they find it at all, the baked goods will be spoiled. I have made complaint after complaint but the post office does nothing to ensure it doesn't happen again. They just don't care.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Consistent only in failed delivery attempts. I live in an apartment building with a completely accessible mail room that does not require any key to get into, yet whoever is in charge of delivering packages to my building somehow keeps failing to deliver mine. Then when I sign up for a redelivery for the next day, it does not come. So I try to call the service. The wait time to speak with an actual agent is over an hour, and just keeps getting longer. Very lousy.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Sent 3 Packages and was informed by the people that the USPS was trying to charge extra shipping. I just got the one back today and the label was changed and the package was damaged like it was tossed around and the item was damaged. The one was in a flat rate box and was charged 2.42 extra for it even though I paid the flat rate amount. Still waiting to get the other back. I would suggest using UPS Or FedEx as the USPS has gotten real bad.

Original review: March 10, 2018

No question why the USPS doesn't deserve funding. Mailed a Priority Express envelope from Palm Coast, FL to Gainesville, FL. 100 miles apart. Tracking went as follows: March 8, 2018. USPS expects item for mailing (SSK). PALM COAST, FL 32137. March 8, 2018, 10:45 am. USPS in possession of item. PALM COAST, FL 32137. March 8, 2018, 6:08 pm. Departed Post Office. PALM COAST, FL 32137. March 9, 2018, 12:08 pm. In Transit to Next Facility. On its way to GAINESVILLE, FL 32607. March 10, 2018, 1:55 am. Arrived at USPS Regional Facility. FORT WORTH TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER. Still waiting on an update. And the USPS wants more money for what... to route my mail all over the country to return to the same state. I Don't Think So!

USPS Company Information