3.8/5 (2244 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

UPS brought my package to my apartment complex and just decided to not deliver it because there was no apt number. We have a mailing room where you can just put it on the rack. It doesn't need an apt #.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

This is the 2ND TIME USPS have lost COMMERCIAL TENANT MONTHLY LEASE PAYMENT CHECKS in the past four months!!! My commercial tenants of over 10 years faithfully send their monthly payment between the 26th and the 28th of each month then USPS scanned them and sent me a copy in my USPS informed mail notification system but then NEVER delivered them because they got lost in the USPS system or either the mail carrier delivered them to the wrong address (as they be delivering wrong mail to my address multiple times). Then when I file a complaint, their USPS representatives always just uncaringly tell me, “we don’t know where your mail is!” This is a major inconvenience as well as a problem! I wish the USPS could be forced to take responsibility for their incompetence!!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

I take care of my mom who is in Hospice at the age of 94 and so I am unable to get out to go shopping. So I place a lot of my purchases to be delivered directly to my house. I live in a townhouse complex and we have had numerous situations involving porch pirates. In fact I have had deliveries stolen off my front porch. So I went as far as having a sign made asking that all delivery people please ring the doorbell when placing deliveries on my front steps. Yet, the USPS delivery people don't feel that they should follow a simple request such as taking a minute to ring a doorbell and so they just drop the boxes and leave. Half the time I think it's because the boxe(s) have been damaged and there's hole(s) in them and they don't want to be confronted. When I speak to a supervisor regarding these issues, I get told that there is nothing they can do about it. So POOR service from the Postal Service, yet they continue to raise rates. Disgusting!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Over the past ten years I have had plenty of pieces of mail go missing when sent to me AND when I have sent packages. Last year I sent a huge box to family in another state and it was never received or found and I had important items in there. This month, I was supposed to receive a package, the company sent another package and BOTH were sent back with "moved" on both labels. I have not moved, and I am still at the address that was on those packages. I once had a package I sent years ago to someone that did not get the package, but I got the top of the box that was ripped off and found in another state and papers to fill out back.

This is getting ridiculous and none of this gets refunded especially with the huge prices that are being paid to send big packages. I don't know if some of your employees are stealing packages or just more careless and dropping them off wherever, but I will be not using USPS anymore and will use the other sending services. I am EXTREMELY upset.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

USPS lost or stole my priority mail box I sent with tracking and insurance. They have yet to pay me for the lost package. No one that works for postal service could care less. I use another company for packages now.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

It’s going on three weeks and still haven’t got my medication. I need my medicine and it never came. Keeps saying it’s at post office. This is bull crap. The fifth time this happened. Don’t use these people. Go to UPS.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

We shipped important documents with Express Global Shipping and it said 3-5 business weeks. It has now been 4 weeks since the date that we shipped it. We have gone to the post office multiple times to try to get help and literally no one can help us. They didn’t even give us a phone number to try to call. Like literally nothing. These are important will and testament papers that are needed for my aunt who is only in that country for 3 more weeks. Don’t ever ship internationally with USPS unless you can genuinely wait months to receive it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I ordered a package from an Ebay seller and received it in 2 days so I thought I'd order another item from the seller. She shipped on the 25th and it was supposed to arrive today on the 29th. When I check tracking it says to contact the carrier. I called today and the lady was very rude and no help. She said it's only been 4 days and I need to stop being impatient and my tracking will update later today. It's now 10pm and still no update.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Lost my package multiple times and still blatantly put "delivered" in the tracking system. There are all sorts of tricky terms there to stop you filing a claim even if your package is insured. Customer service agents are the rudest I've ever dealt with in this industry.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

USPS is now a joke. Packages are routed to the wrong side of the country, destroyed, lost, or damaged. There seems to no pride in the job anymore. I'm very disappointed. And they're raising rates AGAIN? They don't deserve what they get now, based on the level of performance. I'm a seller on eBay, and rely on USPS to ship my stuff. In the past week alone, I've had 6 different people contact me, that their packages have not arrived. One package was supposed to go to New Jersey, from Missouri. How in the hell it ended up damaged in Bakersfield, California is anybody's guess. USPS needs a MAJOR overhaul of their practices, policies, and standards. I think I'll switch to UPS. Maybe I'll have better results.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I'm giving USPS at least two stars because I feel that their team tried hard to resolve my issue. While USPS is necessary for domestic deliveries and shipments, I highly recommend using other services for international shipments. I believe you may be you'll have more of a guarantee with FedEx and possibly other services. I have used USPS many times in the past and had little problems, this last experience was hard to let go. I shipped an iPhone to my girlfriend in the Philippines costing over $1000, and it wound up missing and is still missing.

I do want to make something clear that it could have gotten stolen in transit over seas, meaning that it could be out of the hands of USPS, but to keep in mind that shipping by FedEx once it arrives to the Philippines it is still controlled by FedEx where USPS has no more control after it leaves US borders. Please consider the risks. Save yourself the heartache.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I’ve ordered from Etsy twice in the past week, both orders were confirmed, shipping labels made and tracked along the way. BOTH orders were ‘delivered’ to my mailbox but never actually arrived. USPS is the worst shipping company I’ve used in a while. This is nothing on Etsy, as the small business owners sent proof of orders/shipping labels. Please do not use them as your packages may contain more valuable things you will not receive. I have contacted Customer Support and they were no help at all.

Original review: July 27, 2022

You owe me $10 in late fees. I sent my bills out on July 2nd and normally they get to the places in a timely manner. But 16 days? I even sent the payment for my late paid bill almost right after I got it. You raise your prices and you get worse!!!! Last month I sent a priority package to someone 2 hours away in the same state. You sent it to Houston TX!!!! And NOT the first time either. I was waiting on a package that you sent to AZ and then said it was undeliverable. The address was correct too. And I was told I couldn't talk to you about it. The sender had to. IT'S MY MAIL. I CAN CALL IF I WANT TO!!!!

Get your ** together or drop your prices!!!! You get bailed out by the government and instead of paying your bills you buy 10,000 electric cars?!!! You'll be losing what little business I am giving you. I have already started using other carriers for my packages and now the bills will all be paid on line. I can't even trust you to get my mail where it needs to be on time. When it starts costing me late fees I'M DONE!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2022

This Post Office has nothing better to do than screw up everyone mail and packages. You can not call because they take the phone off the hook. HERE IS THE NEW NUMBER TO CALL 503-845-9270. Contacting the Postal Inspectors and the Washington DC office will also help!

Original review: July 8, 2022

I had the package sent overnight with USPS. The next day it was delivered but to the wrong address/room. I had to call customer service to locate the package. Well, customer service does not work at USPS. They have an automatic voice to transfer the customer and then hang up. It's not the first time when USPS providing 1-star customer service and has delivery issues.

Original review: June 28, 2022

So, with gas as high as it is, I was surprised to see 2 mail trucks today. Seems the first truck puts the circulars in and leaves the mailbox open then the second puts in the other envelopes. I asked the driver and he said “it saves time” Seems political stupidity runs rampant.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Yesterday, a delivery driver showed up while my dog was outside on a leash and my husband was standing in the doorway. The driver half way got out of his truck and then immediately got back in is truck before my husband could even step outside. We then get an update that the package is available for pick up at the post office. So Today, I got to the post office it was supposed to be delivered at only to be told they don't know where the package is, but it must be at the other office and gives me a phone number to call. Phone number just rings and rings and rings and then hangs up on you. So I drive over to the other post office for the rep to tell me that the delivery driver attempted to deliver and I said, "No that's a lie. I was standing right there." For the rep to then pop an attitude and go 'WELL, if a dog is there they won't deliver (which is a lie).' And then said 'I wasn't there so I don't know.' I was and I'm telling you what happened.

They said that it was mislabeled and that it would be redelivered today. I then asked why the tracking information would tell me it's here for pick up, and he then said that they would go back and check. Man never returns, instead about 5 mins later another man walks up without introducing himself or who he was says that it was mislabeled and would be redelivered today and told me to leave. This is completely unacceptable and I completely wasted my time trying to hunt down this package because people cannot do their jobs and getting mad when they are called out for it. USPS has been useless for a while, but they are just completely pathetic now and a waste of time. Not helpful, unfriendly, defensive, rude. 10/10 don't recommend. Just use Fedex or Ups.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Well paid extra for two days shipping. It's been 8 days and still no package. No wonder the USPS is going under. Terrible, terrible, experience. I will never ever use them again. Just shut down and move aside. Let places that care about its customers ship. Obviously it's not the USPS.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Their tracking is garbage.. Says item left a distribution center then a day later it says it left the same place and does it for every stop on the way.. How hard is it to get it to us on time... Super slow. When you call them they aren't helpful and just give excuses like Biden blaming inflation on Putin price hike..

Original review: June 14, 2022

Don't know about everyone else's shipping experience with USPS, but mine was the worst I've ever had. My friend used them, on the 20th May this year, to send me a package, containing Disneyland merchandise, from the US to Singapore. According to their tracking system in the first five days, they only created its label and it was transiting to the "next facility", without stating what this place exactly was. Then, the next update came 11 DAYS later on 3rd June which, to my horror, said the package had not even reached their customs facility! And again, no update for the FOLLOWING FOUR DAYS.

I had to call USPS's service hotline, on the 8th, to ask where my package exactly was and their operator said they, unfortunately, sent it back to my friend as it couldn't be cleared for shipping. Then on the following day, We got UPS to ship our package instead since we didn't want to risk going through the same horrible experience with USPS. Fortunately, UPS cleared it without any issues and took only six days to deliver the package to me.

Even now, we still don't know why USPS couldn't clear the package, when UPS easily could. But I can only think it's because they had too many other packages to ship ours. So, definitely don't use USPS for international shipments (especially urgent ones) since they might also make you wait for weeks and end up not delivering it at all.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Totally worthless. Getting mail from PA to Norwich NY takes 10 to 14 days to get here. Also all the mail they never delivered or lost they go from PA to syracuse ny to binghamton. Come on you go by norwich ny to start with. They are idiots. I could drive and pick it up faster than they can deliver it. They don't care. No customer service whatsoever. It's the government. They are on a higher level not Zell to amazon to guys suck.

Original review: June 9, 2022

When the United States Post Office became the United States Postal Service, it was the beginning of the end of a good, dependable, affordable delivery service. This (dis)organization can't compete with the likes of UPS, FedEx, and Amazon when it comes to package delivery, and their first class mail delivery is about is pitiful. Why does it take a first class piece of mail 6 business days to get from Point A to Point B, less than 5 miles away in the same city. If this sort of delivery was an occasional thing, it could be excused, but it's now the norm. I foolishly sent a one page form to a niece 11 miles away within the same county on May 26, 2022 and here it is June 9, 2022 and she still hasn't received it. Even more foolishly, I spent almost $11.00 for a tracking number, and get tracking info that it's running late but is on its way to the next facility. Doesn't even say where this or that or the next facility is.

"Customer" service? Oh, please! It's not CUSTOMER service, it's PROVIDER service, meaning communication between the customer and the provider/retailer is geared to their convenience, not the customer's. "We may or may not get back to you when and if we feel like it." Looking for good customer service? Try finding it in a mid 20th Century museum, 'cause it doesn't exist any more. And, BTW, who is the real world charges more for less service and expects to win friends and influence people? The USPS is run by a bunch of nitwits.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Said a coffee table wouldn’t fit in a mailbox and refused to deliver item. Schedule redelivery and item wasn’t even sent out. Word from the wise order from an actual store and use their delivery service. Don’t bother with this service. It’s not worth your time and money.

Original review: June 8, 2022

My friend sent me a package from the USA to Norway. He paid the maximum possible sum for the package, almost $100, for express delivery(7-9 days). I'm on day 30 and the package did not even leave the USA!!! This is a total ripoff and scam. Support does not respond to my requests at all and does not know where the package is. The package means a great deal to me, especially right now as I am a refugee, but USPS cannot care less. They just ignore me and the whole delivery process. I hate them, the worst mail company in the world!!!

Original review: June 4, 2022

On May 3, 2022, I sent a package to China. The only option is Priority Mail Express International. The cost is $76.20, and it supposes to be 3-5 days. It takes USPS 5 days to send to Chicago Airport and arrives on May 8. After three days of no activities. I called on May 11 to check the status. The USPS Rep informs me this status is normal, and she tells me to be patient. She will open a ticket to escalate my request. It is my mistake not to ask her for a case number. I waited for a week. There is no tracking movement. I called again on May 19; the USPS Rep informed me that she did not see an escalation case open for my package. This agent is kind enough to help me open a ticket and provide me with the ticket number. She did tell me to check back in 12 days. She also said that I could request a refund for the postage since the USPS did not deliver my package to the shipper in a timely manner.

After the May 19 call, the package did leave the US for China. The tracking shows arrived on May 22. On June 2, I called USPS again to inquire about my package. This time the USPS Rep is not friendly at all. She said that the problem is not USPS. It is China's hold-up. I asked her why it takes five (5) days to get to the shipper in Chicago Airport since the service I paid for is 3-5 days. It should arrive at the shipper within three (3) days instead of five (5) days. She insists this is not a USPS issue. Also, she said no refunds for the postage since COVID-19 happened. The USPS is so poor that they need to cheat to get funds, and it is no different from a thief. As of today, my package is not yet delivered.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Bought a P.O. Box online. Within hours of purchasing it online, I learned I wouldn’t be moving. I immediately contacted USPS by email asking to please close the P.O. Box and issue the refund. I did not hear anything back and learned I could close it myself online. I attempted to close it and the usps kept half of my money. I paid $88. Not even 48 hours later, as I cancelled online, the usps kept $44 of my money. The box was never used and no mail ever went there. I contacted usps within hours of opening the box to please close it and they are still refusing to give me my money.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I mailed a small package to South Africa, and paid the maximum possible amount for the express mailing including insurance. I was told the package would reach my recipient in 3-5 days. I am now on day 31 and still waiting. From date of mailing, the package took 12 days to actually get into a plane leaving the US. After that, there was silence: My package just disappeared, with no updates in the tracking information. I have called USPS several times to try and get a sense of what is actually happening, and each time they provide unhelpful and incomplete information. They have just told me that their international team is conducting research. So I will just wait and wonder while they conduct their indefinite review.

I have even inquired about a partial refund given that the package is over 25 days delayed (a week's delay would be reasonable). The kicker is that they have expressly told me that they do not offer refunds for excessive delays. So I can wait 60, 90 days or longer, and not get any credit for the inconvenience while using their "premium" service. So for anyone considering mailing a package, to South Africa, using any USPS, please be wary. If you can, go with more expensive courier services including Fedex, UPS or DHL: Trust me, you do not want the stress of dealing with USPS.

Original review: May 25, 2022

The packages were supposed to be arrived in 1-2 weeks as they claimed on their website, but it never happens. Each time the excuse is 'unexpected delay happened'. I will not use their international priority service anymore, 3 times of strikes are enough. Very disappointed that USPS international is slow, inefficient and irresponsible.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Monday morning 5/16/22, I stopped by UPS in Bellevue to check how many days it will take to deliver A4 envelope with a notarized doc to Israel. The answer was 3 business days. Later the same day, Monday 05/16/22, of my way back from Olympia I stopped by UPS store in Kent to mail a package in Israel. I chose the fastest & the most expensive way, the guy/manager/who knows said it will be delivered in 3-5 business days and...

After 2 days I started to check the status of the shipping on UPS website (using their tracking number), spent a couple of hours, called to UPS and found out that the store operates as USPS store (UPS customer service explained to me that it was USPS store and I paid double price for the shipping, $130 instead of $66). OK, this time I checked USPS website (using the tracking number) and found that the package was still in Seattle (May, 19th), after 3 days! it was still there. I called to USPS customer service, they couldn't helped me and recommended to wait when 5 days will expire.

After 2 more days I got a text message that the package arrived to Carson California on May 22nd early morning and later the same day it arrived in LA California. And today, when I'm writing my review, 05/24/22, 9.20pm, it's still in LA. No words... Yesterday I had to notarize this document again, went to Olympia to get an apostille again and mailed it with DHL. Let's see who win this race...

Original review: May 21, 2022

A package was shipped to me from France. I’m waiting for it so I’m home all day only to open my door and see a notice that says nobody was there to sign. I schedule a redelivery for the next day. No one comes. For the following two weeks, I kept calling and emailing them to get my package redelivered. I’m forced to stay home on a Saturday just to receive a call saying that no one answered the door. How rude and incompetent do you have to be for them to hire you? I’m so pissed.

USPS Company Information