3.64/5
Based on 4,644 ratings submitted in the last year

7498 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2019

I purchased a package online and used USPS to ship it, the original delivery date was emailed and order confirmed, they shipped it all the way from Germany and it arrived on the date it said but at a different post office that is not my own, however I have had packages shipped to this location before and they were always delivered on time. I called the USPS and asked them why they had not delivered it yet as it showed on the tracking it was sitting there in the post office, he replied they don't deliver to that address so they returned it all the way to sender. I live less than 10 miles from that location, they never called me or notified me. No instead a lovely clerk named Chris decided he would just send it all the way back to Germany and treat me rudely when asking why and how my address was "undeliverable" with no access to my mailbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I ordered an Oval Exhaust Flange. It was being shipped from Syracuse NY, 3.5 hours away from where I live. I checked its tracking and I find out that it is now in Coppell, Texas. Explain to me how that make any sense.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I went to the post office to mail 65 wedding invites in person. It cost $4.06 per envelope to mail them first class. I was told they would take 2-3 days at the most to arrive at the various destinations. I dropped them off on 3/28/19. Half of them left the FL post office 3/30, and half of them did not leave the facility until April 6. As of today, April 9, over 12 days since I dropped them off in person, I have 27 tracking numbers that say "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility..." with no update other than it left the FL post office April 6th. This service is completely unreliable. Do not use them for ANYTHING important where reliable service is needed. I will never use USPS for anything ever again.

Original review: April 9, 2019

USPS needs to do its job correctly and deliver its mail and packages on time instead of delaying or losing them. If they cannot do that they need to be privatized. There is no reason for the crappy service they have. No other business would survive very long if they operated the way the Postal Service does. I sent a package to my granddaughter in Colorado. I sent it on 3/28/19. It was due to arrive on 04/03/2019. On the due date it kept saying “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”

The tracking information shows It arrived at the Jacksonville, Fl facility on 3/29/19 but nothing after that until April 2, 2019 and it said “In Transit, Arriving Late. Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.” What facility? I doubt it ever left the Jacksonville, Fl facility. It certainly never arrived. This is so frustrating because not only was this package very important but I paid money to have this package shipped to my granddaughter. If any other business was this sloppy they would not be in business. If they cannot do a better job they really should be privatized.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I shipped a package on March 22, the bride's wedding was April 6th. USPS said delivery was 3/26. Then delivery info disappeared, contacted USPS 6+ times, was never called back. The flowers are now being delivered today, 18 days after shipped. Missed the wedding - EXCEPTIONALLY HORRIBLE SERVICE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: April 9, 2019

My envelope was supposed to be delivered in 7-10 business days. Here I am after 20 days. Still not delivered. Wish they had informed me about it being NOT A GUARANTEED DELIVERY when I sent it. I was told it is a 7-10 business days GUARANTEED DELIVERY.. Hopeless.. Will never use USPS again for international shipping.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Priority Mail is not a priority! It takes USPS twice as long to deliver a package than any other shipping company. This is absolutely unacceptable, especially when you're paying for a so-called service. There needs to be a shake-up with USPS and it starts at the top of the shipping chain. I understand around the Christmas season, but in April we have issues getting packages that are said to be delivered and it's 3 plus days later at best?! Time to pony up and pay FedEx or UPS, and know it'll be delivered on time.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Why should someone pay for a service that you don't deliver? For the past 3 months I have been waiting for my mail. I have tried to tracking it online, but all it says is that the mail is in transit, (three months now!) I tried searching for my mail using "USPS Missing mail" - not been successful for a month. Tracking via phone always gives the same answer, "..originating mail is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.." I would not recommend USPS, especially if sending mail from a different country. So disappointed!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have several issues with USPS: First, I feel like USPS cannot deliver anything on time anymore. Tracking will show that something is being delivered by "x" date and that date will change constantly. I rarely get a package when I am supposed to anymore. Second, I have informed delivery that shows me what my mail is. I have had several pieces of mail never arrive, one of them being my mortgage statement. We just moved into our house, and we have a cluster mailbox. I have been waiting for my mortgage statement because the original mortgage company sold my mortgage.

All the information I need to pay that bill is on that statement. When I didn't get that statement that day I click on the box that says "did not receive" and waited, and waited. After a week I found the number to call the mortgage company and got all the information I needed and set up paperless billing. I still have not received that statement and it is a month later now. I received a yellow notice last week about mail being stolen out of our local post office, GREAT. I went to the website on the paper and filled out the form with what was missing and have gotten 4 emails telling me they received my email, that is it. I feel like nothing is being done.

Lastly, I have had packages take months to arrive and after 30 days have filled out the missing mail form online, and while the packages did arrive some 2-3 months later, I am still getting emails about once a month telling me they still can't find the package and they are still looking into it...um, NO. They are NOT looking into it. They have been delivered but yet they still can't find it and are still looking into it?! LIES. We are moving towards a society now where more and more everything is done online and we rely on carriers to do their jobs. Somewhere down this chain people are not doing their jobs. Super frustrated.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I paid extra to send a small package Express Mail rather than Priority Mail, because it absolutely needed to be there on time. It only had to travel to three towns away, and had three days to get there. It has now been a week and it still hasn't been delivered. Additionally, I am currently waiting for a package with nearly the exact same story, it is late, sitting in LA, and hasn't moved at all for 48 hours. I have tried to fill use their forms online, and those don't even work. I have called, but they say "Sorry, there is nothing we can do."

Original review: April 4, 2019

I would give zero ratings to USPS. Their service is terrible. Mine was an international order. It has been 30 days now and I am yet to receive it. They don't respond to search requests. Calling them is totally useless since you are basically talking to a machine. I tried filing a claim but my tracking number is apparently invalid. It is frustrating because now I have no means of getting my parcel back. USPS should realize that because of their pathetic service our money goes down the drain. Get your ** together USPS.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have changed my address two times online. I have called the post office SEVERAL times. I reached the manager one time. She said she was going to fix the issue of me not receiving my mail. She DID NOT. I called her and she ignored my voicemail. Left another voicemail. Not sure what to do to get my mail sent to my address of 1+ year.

Original review: April 2, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. To make a long story short my package was stolen. I submitted a complaint and spoke to a woman by the name of Krystal who could not comprehend a single thing. It's mind blowing that she's even working in customer service. Of course nothing will be done and she closed the case. I will definitely avoid receiving anything else through them.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Package was left on doorstep when package clearly in big handwriting marker DO NOT LEAVE at DOORSTEP, 2 packages were delivered to doorstep 4/1/2019 when the packages were clearly marked NOT TO LEAVE. I have had PACKAGES stolen from my doorstep. And was not success in getting back or refunded.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I ordered an item from Amazon and was supposed to be shipped by USPS to arrive today, but instead they did not deliver any item as I waited for my package by the door all day long. Instead they decided they would just mark my order as "delivery attempted, USPS tried to deliver your package". They promise to ship your item in two days, but when they realize they cannot they mark it as attempted delivery. Please fix this issue USPS and Amazon!

Original review: March 30, 2019

If I could rate USPS no stars, I would. I purchased a package from Amazon on Monday, and I have 2-day free shipping. The package was supposed to get here on Wednesday. I got a notification that the package was delivered inside of my mailbox. I went to check, no package! I have a lock to my mailbox, so I know no one tampered with it. I reached out to Amazon and luckily they are sending me the same thing at no cost. I am extremely disappointed and aggravated with USPS. Seems like they have a lot of issues, need to get their stuff together!

Original review: March 30, 2019

Today is 03/30 and the "professionals" at USPS CINCINNATI managed to keep a package in the possession for FOUR DAYS now. Not even an attempt to contact me or the shipper, no way to reach anybody at this pathetic location. What a complete bunch of useless ** working there.

Mar 29, 2019 00:00am In Transit, Arriving Late
Mar 27, 2019 04:09am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility CINCINNATI OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Mar 27, 2019 03:28am Departed USPS Facility CINCINNATI, OH 45246
Mar 26, 2019 21:30pm Arrived at USPS Facility CINCINNATI, OH 45246
Mar 26, 2019 14:06pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Mar 26, 2019 13:38pm Departed USPS Regional Facility CINCINNATI OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Mar 26, 2019 12:12pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility CINCINNATI OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Mar 26, 2019 00:29am Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Mar 25, 2019 14:34pm USPS in possession of item AUBURN, MI 48611.

Original review: March 30, 2019

This company is horrible. They completely lost my package and can't do a thing about it. I called customer service and was on hold for 45 minutes before I was able to talk to anyone. Nothing got resolved and I'm out money. USPS screwed me.

Original review: March 30, 2019

There has absolutely been a very noticeable change (for the worse) in the past few months, not only in the overall service level I have received from the USPS but more specifically, with their "tracking service". There have been at least 4 to 5, small to very small, packages that have been delivered to me several days (sometimes more than a week) late, but what's worse and far more frustrating, is that their tracking system is so horrible that it's often times completely useless.

Most recently, the tracking info indicates that my package departed the original post office in Sterling Il at 3:21pm on March 25th. No further updates other than one on March 29th saying the package is running late but is in transit to the next facility. I live less than 6 hours (114 miles) from the post office from which it was sent. I'm in the state right next door (MO)! It shipped out 5 days ago and I live 6 hours away. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? And as I said, no other current tracking info is available. If you are patient/lucky enough to actually reach a live human on the phone, they are only able to see the same, non-updated, tracking info that you can see on your phone. Therefore, they are unable to provide any more info about the location of the package.

What good is a tracking system that doesn't track anything? The USPS needs to either re-vamp the entire tracking system or simply discontinue it all together because as it is, it works maybe 30% of the time (at best) & that is UNACCEPTABLE! The whole system is honestly pretty pathetic and so are most of the people working inside most of the post offices I've been in. NOT the mail carriers...I'm referring to the folks working behind the counters. The ones who are supposed to provide customer service. With a few rare exceptions, the majority of these individuals whom I've had to interact with either need a whole lot more training or should actually find another line of work...one that doesn't involve direct contact with the public. Either do better or just quit USPS.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had a package ship on on the 20/03/19 and to date it's at a halt. I have another package and that is at halt since the 13/03/19...and nobody seem to able to tell me what's really going on!!! I'm frustrated!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Express mailed live animals from California to montana. Can drive in 20 hrs. Took 6 days first time. All died. Second time shipped they made a mistake and shipped live animal from Sacramento to San Antonio instead of Montana. USPS workers refused to water or feed or ship over weekend so died once again. Third time, still haven’t found. This is animal cruelty. Then I call customer service. Hold for 50 minutes and get told hmm. Idk why but yup tracking showed that. We will refund you. Better luck next time.

Original review: March 28, 2019

It's bad company I ever seen. They are rude. Never fix any thing. They don't care. Mail always missing. I guess the delivery people using drugs that's why they lose our mails because we lost a lot and every time we talk nothing change... So I advice whoever has problem with this stupid company report them to state senators because they need to punish.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I like USPS. The prices are fair and the service is excellent in my area. The tracking makes checking for delivery easy. I have not had any problems with damage in several years. The employees are friendly and helpful.

Original review: March 26, 2019

What a horrible customer hotline. Literally say "Representative" or "Operator" and it just restarts the menu list. And if you can FINALLY get sent to a rep, they are unavailable. It was 2 pm Tuesday and it says to call back during office hours 8 am to 4:30. Umm ok?

Original review: March 25, 2019

I am beyond furious right now with this courier company! The customer service is just ridiculous and you can never get a hold of anyone due to the wait times. I’m Canadian, so I cannot send an email to them due to the site asking for “zip codes,” which I cannot supply due to having “postal codes” being in Canada. I have a tracking number from where my package is coming from and the updates on my delivery has come to a halt for more than a week now. The status has not changed and I also paid for priority international shipping!! Poor postal company and I am totally disgusted with them! I will be extremely p***ed if I do not get my package! I will be losing money!!!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I should have known to ask the seller on eBay to use UPS or FedEx. The package was delivered almost a week late, and when reviewing the tracking, it displayed that it was delivered to my local distribution site and then was lost and returned towards the seller's location prior to finally coming back to my home. Although UPS and FedEx are much more expensive, their reliability is worth the price.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I waited 30 min on the phone maybe even longer than that to have USPS customer service be completely rude to me. The woman greeted me in a monotone annoyed voice and immediately became disrespectful about my concern. I had given my package to the post office (with printed label from retailer) on the 14th. I checked my tracking today (22nd) and it states that my package is still at the post office. Hasn’t been sent out yet! I asked the women to check again and make sure my package has been sent and she rudely told me that the address I had did not match the label and she couldn’t tell me the status.

The label printed on the package only had a bar code and the name of the company. I gave her the return address and she still refused to give me any information about my package. She proceeded to say I can call back later? There’s no way was I going to wait another 30 minutes just for another employee to be rude and unhelpful. USPS needs better employees. Time to go to UPS I guess.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have had it with this post office at 46th and Cottage, because all of them are a bunch of liars. I have been waiting for my package all day. The way my buildings, buzz in system works is that it goes straight to someone's phone, which in this case is my sister's. No one tried to contact about getting my package. But when I checked the tracking information it said that a delivery was attempted, when again NO ONE CONTACTED ME, so I go downstairs just to see if they might be there which of course they aren't, and I check my mail box to get the missed delivery slip, and it's not there nor is any of my mail, so I don't know what they did.

So I call the post office and explain the situation. And the person I spoke to told me some garbage about how, they hired disabled workers who might have difficulty seeing or hearing. Which I know was some BS, because even if that was the case that doesn't explain why there is no missed delivery slip. I am really fed up with them. Every time I have a delivery from them there is an issue.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I ordered a sensitive bare latex mask and paid 15.00 for 2-3 day delivery. My package has been stuck in Utah where it was mailed from for 5 days. I had to contact the maker in which I now have to return as the seller can't say if the cold weather they have will hurt the mask. So now I'm out a 1of 1 mask and it's all due to USPS postal service incompetence to deliver by the date so my money and everything is tied up probably for the next month... I'll never make the mistake of shipping USPS ever AGAIN. I'll use FedEx or UPS...

Original review: March 20, 2019

We came home from work to find half of our mail in the mailbox and the other half was thrown on the ground outside. Very easily could have blown away, we documented all this. We took pictures. Also I have on video the mail carrier doing this.

USPS Company Information