1.45/5
Based on 469 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

6923 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2018

I live in an apartment and it was one knock on the door. When I checked it was for my neighbor and I noticed it was the USPS guy. I thought to myself dang one knock. This week I'm expecting a package. I leave the door open to hear them and I check my email and my email says delivered. I go outside a sticker on my screen door. I'm thinking WHAT!!! He didn't even knock!!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

Have lost my packages multiple times, have taken my packages out of the destination city, while it was said to be out for delivery, only to return it days later and the most basic forms of customer service are nowhere to be found. Only deal with the USPS if you have absolutely no other choice.

Original review: May 7, 2018

One of the stupid company in the world, after 4 months my package lost and nobody can answer. They lost my claim letter again. My opinion nobody can trust to this USPS post company, 100% lost package no money back, no responsibility.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Package from Great Britan - Chicago IL. The package says delivered but I didn't find the package when I got home from work. This is a very scary situation because the deliveries are not only merchandise bought online but also some invaluable things which are sent over. This is ridiculous. See the door number, and look at the instructions on the mailbox. It is not that hard. Is there a policy to leave them on the road if there is no one home? The status says delivered, should I check with all my neighbours down the block? Or should I assume it is lost? Try calling the customer service and they have a wait of 1hr 4 min.

Original review: May 3, 2018

4 packages in 3 weeks have gone missing. Literally just received a text a package was delivered to my mailbox as I’m sitting out front. You call and they take I for and all they say is, "We are starting an investigation." No how's about they deliver to the right home!! Companies are sick of sending out free merchandise to replace what they lost. I just want what’s I paid for!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: May 1, 2018

Two prescription meds ordered from Caremark have not arrived since being tracked a week ago in Philadelphia. Meds are for my son, a cancer patient. Dealing with 2 government entities here. Using Caremark through BCBS as a retired USPS employee (frustrating as well) and USPS. Tried unsuccessfully to file a complaint on postal website and after completing form it would not transmit. Called today and opted for a callback. Call back came in 20 min. But I was on hold for 2 hours and no one answered! Finally had to hang up. Caremark won’t fill until parcel is missing 11 days.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I DID NOT REQUEST THE PACKAGE BE RETURNED TO THE POST OFFICE. YOU CANNOT CALL THEM AS THE PHONE IS ALWAYS BUSY. Hold time was 50 minutes. This is for needed meds. I was home all day, received a piece of junk mail. Where is my package. At 81 years old I do not want to hop down to the post office=20 miles away when it should just be delivered to my door!

Original review: April 27, 2018

US Post Office Irving 75063 - I’m only giving this 1 star because no stars is not an option. I regularly come into this post office and there are two older ** women and an older Asian man that work at the counter. The area is predominantly Indian and ** that live in the community. I watch how they interact with people, none of them ever greet anyone when they are providing service. They always have a nasty attitude and Talk about the customers amongst each other as they walk off if the experience didn’t go well. When a person asks for help they are of no assistance if it requires thinking ability and generally reply with smart remarks. More often than not, I have seen customers leave in a very irritated way after having been serviced, myself included.

Today I was even more frustrated because I came in to ask for help with A SERVICE THE POST OFFICE OFFERS AND WOULD THINK THEIR EMPLOYEES SHOULD BE COMPETENT IN KNOWING how to use and show customers how to use, “Informed delivery”. I asked the older woman who was helping me if she could assist me with verifying because the system would not allow me to verify my information online because I recently had issues with fraud of my identity so the system prompted me to come into the facility to verify. The woman clearly said to me “unless you have a barcode, we have nothing to talk about” and I asked her how I would go about getting that because the system didn’t prompt that when I set up my account. I asked her if she could help me, and the other older woman chimed in and said, “well the system asks you questions that only YOU would know about yourself”.

I explained that I understood that, however had issues with verifying my identity due to issues with fraud. I then asked for a third Time if they could assist me with getting a barcode so I can verify and be on my way. They then ignored my question and wrapped up the transaction that I was originally there for and told me, "Have a nice day." I asked again for the 4th time if someone could help me and they pointed to the package window and said the person over there could help. I get to the window and the guy knows absolutely NOTHING about what I’m talking about and says there should be a barcode. So I reiterated the situation as to why I could not verify again and he calls the manager or supervisor to the front and says she should be able to help.

She gets to the front and says the exact same thing everyone else said and offered no assistance or even attempted to show me how to get this “barcode” from the site I was logged into and already have readily available for the assistance I was requesting. I asked her, “Well how is it that no one in here knows how to use this service yet y’all offer it? Who can help me with this?” She tells me “well let me get you the number to Consumer Affairs” so in frustration I said forget it and stormed out. Something needs to change with the attitudes and competence of these employees. I’m spending MY money to send mail. I don’t appreciate being talked down to or treated like less of a person. People need to be held accountable.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Never know when or what condition your package will be delivered. It seems the post office just continues to hire uneducated and lazy people. I might get mail or a package at 10 am one day and 7 pm the next.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I live in South Burlington Vermont. The post master there Rick is swear needs severe mental help. We have a sub mail carrier. They know that only mail that is to be sent to me at my resident. Nobody else. I also have informed daily mail so I check. There was a piece of mail not addressed to me so I call and said, "Why is there a piece of mail addressed to another person who lived here before me?" I asked him pull it and we went mental on me. Made threat towards a taxpayer. I have filed a complaint against him at the inspector general's hotline. They also suck at mail service too. They screwed up so many of my eBay packages I have sent out to people so now I only use FedEx or UPS.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The packages all got to the destinations quickly and without any damage. We use the flat rate boxes and they work great. I just wish the tracking was more reliable. It never shows the 'in route' info only data is after delivery. That is NOT helpful.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Very unprofessional, customer service none at post office, and no make delivered the packets, with excuse always, no secure entrance, never call at number I gave to delivery. And at post office never knows where at the packets. So confused personnel.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I always choose USPS when given a choice for shipping. I trust them and have never had a serious problem with them. If I miss a delivery or have to sign for it, I can do so at my local post office instead of driving to shipping centers far from my neighborhood.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I preordered something in November that would not be released until April 25, 2018. When April 25, 2018 finally rolls around, tracking tells me USPS drops the package off at the Parcel Locker at 8:29 am. I run out to grab it but it is not there. April 26 rolls around and it is still not here. Either USPS got my Apartment number wrong, or dropped in off at my door only for someone to steal it, whatever the reason, this is unacceptable service. The same thing happened back in August where I ordered a CD and never received the product.

Going back to 2014, it happened because USPS are dumbasses and did not drop it off at the leasing office or my previous apartment's parcel locker but dropped it off at their Office somewhere 10 miles away. Since I did not have a car at the time I had to inconvenience one of my friends to drive me there. I've had a long, embarrassing, frustrating experience with USPS and I will not be shipping with them EVER AGAIN. Not even sending packages. $44 to ship a small envelope with 2 basic figures to Texas? No ** way.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My mailman won't deliver our packages unless someone walks outside and down our 8 stairs to get package, if we don't respond he takes package with him rather than walk up to porch and leave it. He Always seems to deliver late, and at times he leaves our mailbox door open and our mail gets wet.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My packages were always on time and not damaged, special instructions ie leave with neighbors etc were followed to the letter. If no special instructions they always returned when specified.

Original review: April 26, 2018

They lost a package sent from California to Florida. It has been 2 months now. Every few days I get an email telling me it is in Florida and then an email telling me the same day it is in California. Yesterday I got 2 emails. One said it had arrived at my mom's house in Florida. I called her and as of today, it still hasn't arrived there. They lie and they lie badly.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The mail carrier put my disability check in my neighbor's (who was sexually harassing me) mailbox. The mailman thought it was funny. Supervisors did nothing about it. When I told and had to get a P.O. Box costing me money the workers there delayed my mail and my mail was stolen from there to pay me back for telling. I was threatened by the mailman and two gang banger thugs outside my apartment one day for telling on him and no one did anything to any of them for any of this and I told law enforcement everything and made reports.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I paid the $6+ fee to have an express mail with a guaranteed delivery of Monday and it is Wednesday and still no letter. I called for customer service to see what the problem is and am told it is an hour and 20 minute wait to speak to someone. It is no wonder USPS is struggling so badly. I will never use them again. This was time critical and now I am 3 days and counting behind. Be aware that their "guaranteed delivery date" that you pay so much extra for is really a farce!

Original review: April 25, 2018

The outlet I use has very courteous and helpful agents. They are knowledgeable and offer advice. The facility is clean. My packages seem to arrive on time in good condition. However, parking is a problem.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Because there isn’t another service for general mail, the employees care less about the service we receive. We can’t even call the post office and speak to a human. They have lost my mail; left damaged boxes for me to accept, and overcharged me.

Original review: April 25, 2018

USPS on Milgen Rd, Columbus Ga is outstanding, the most caring team of professional postal workers in the state of Georgia! Our delivery postman for 31907 is also outstanding.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My friends send me mail through USPS and I never received a letter or parcel through them, then when you try to find out where the letter or parcel is the USPS never have an answer for you, I have been waiting two months for a letter from them.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Sitting at home waiting for my package that the informed delivery app states is out for delivery. Next thing that pops up is 'delivery exception' package couldn't be delivered. What? No one came to my door or anything. Now I have to go into town to get the freaking package tomorrow. Seriously?

Original review: April 24, 2018

My mom sent me a overnight package. It got lost. It had a tracking number. I kept calling and telling them, "Where is it? I will come get it." I went to 4 post offices, never could get anyone on the phone, they wouldn't reimburse my mom's money after it took over a week to get to me.

Original review: April 24, 2018

You can always trust USPS. They are cheaper, your packages won't be thrown over a fence or to your front door. When use USPS, you know your important papers, letters and packages will get there on time and in 1 piece!

Original review: April 24, 2018

USPS kiosks help me more than the people at the counter and it's much quicker. I should not have to wait 3 months for a form to get reimbursement on a damaged item because their website doesn't work properly.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Our regular carrier is great. She is concerned about everyone's parcels and tries to help get all mailings to the right person. Had trouble with FedEX getting package to right house number on the right street, not so with USPS.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Need improvement on their slow service and high shipping rates for the average customer, not willing to find a lower rate. They do a good job for Amazon though.

Original review: April 23, 2018

USPS has gone downhill. The carriers don't seem to care, say they have "attempted" delivery when they have not. This has happened to me on several occasions. USPS sucks. Take lessons from UPS!

USPS Company Information