3.68/5
Based on 5,027 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

USPS

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

7548 USPS Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, etc. Twice in a row, USPS has lost track of envelopes I sent via 2 Day Priority Mail ($7.35) from Chicago to Atlanta. In the latest case, I mailed the envelope on August 2nd, 2019 and it is still "in transit," says the online tracking information," eight days later on August 9th. When called, they may pick up immediately or keep you waiting for 40+ minutes. Agents had--or claimed they had-- different information than the "system generated" information provided online. One agent told me that the package had been sitting in the wrong post office in Atlanta since the 5th. The last agent provided me with a non-working phone number for the Atlanta post office. It took me three tries before I contacted an agent who knew how to set up a case inquiry. If your package is time sensitive, pay through the nose for Priority Express or go to UPS or FedEx.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I have a Very Very Bad experience with USPS. I have moved from Fremont, CA to Charlotte, NC. And shipped many boxes. May be around 15 boxes. I lost 1 box (as per my knowledge, but it can be 2 also). When I inquired and they are not all responsible as it is not their box (goods). At last I raised a claim and also attached the Receipts/Bills of goods. And when I was shipping also, I was told or paid if anything is missing, that much worth the USPS would give me.

For More Information: USPS.com, tracking no" **. Shipped from Fremont, CA to Charlotte, NC on Sep 12th. (09/12/2018):Posted on Sep12th 2018 (Buyed on Aug 7th 2018) 07/8/2018. Address at Charlotte, NC: ** (I told to ship to this address) but was missing/lost. Lodged a complaint and the claim no: **. Again submitted a claim for ** on 11/24/2018. Lost Hopes and Patience on the follow up. Of course now I am located in Texas.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

USPS office in Brookhaven, GA on Dresden road doesn't care. We've submitted a 30 dollar request for replacement mailbox key May 1st 2019 and still have not gotten it. This gas caused a tremendous amount of inconvenience. Even with their OWN advice they failed to deliver on their promise which was initially a 2 week turn around. After many attempts for an update we've been given the same song over and over again. The "person" hasn't got to it and apparently there is only one person handling these request for the entire Atlanta district which makes absolutely NO sense.

It also appears the level of knowledge is severely inconsistent with the staff. Was our money just stolen from USPS? it's not even about the money anymore. The principal has been broken and yet still no resolution. We had to take matters in our own hand to hire a third party lock smith to replace the lock. Another on-going instance is that my room mate is hasn't received mail from his 401k provider who has confirmed the mail has reached the carrier. A staff member essentially told him she knows nothing and didn't provide ANY type of support or different route to resolve his issue. Unbelievable.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I can't believe the amount of time I spent waiting on the phone to get a hold of a USPS Agent. On the day I learned That I mailed a very expensive piece of jewelry to a scammer in Miami Florida, I filed a package intercept to have the package returned to me once it arrived in Miami. For 9 days it was held at the post office in Miami. I filed an investigation to look into getting this back to me. I made 9 phone calls to USPS being on hold for hours, trying to get my package back. Each time I was assured it would be returned. Nothing was done!!! I even tried to call the Miami post office. No one answered and was hung up on several times.

Today I learned that my package was delivered to the very scammer I wanted to keep it from. Unbelievable!!! Gross Negligence!! Then to put icing on the cake, the USPS Supervisor told me to read the fine print that package intercept was not guaranteed!!! After 9 Phone calls, an investigation and everything I could possibly do, the Package was delivered to the thief. I am out over 600.00 plus all the hours of stress and headaches over the neglect the USPS demonstrated in this matter. Despite a tracking number, phone calls, initiation of an investigation, I lost. Something needs to be done. I am and never will, trust USPS to handle any of my mailings again. Buyer beware.. Do not use the package intercept feature.. Count your losses because you'll never get your package back. I am so upset!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Mail Carrier scanned small bubble envelope as delivered, when nothing was delivered or placed in my mailbox. Tried reaching out to local post office at 914-375-3098 to speak with supervisor at 915 Yonkers Ave, Yonkers, NY 10704, and no one picks up the phone. USPS Case number **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: July 26, 2019

This is the absolute worst postal service I have ever had. They break packages all the time. Never deliver on time. And always give packages to the wrong people. Now their website is unmanageable and practically useless. I am unable to quickly schedule pickups to my house as all my home address information has been wiped and will not save anymore. The prices for shipping packages continues to go up and for the service I’m getting it’s definitely not worth it.

Original review: July 24, 2019

The worst experience ever. I ordered a package to be shipped to my mom's house as a gift. The name of the road is correct but it is a dirt road so you have to go all the way on the dirt road to get to the house. USPS carrier did not even try! He claims that there was no access to the location! Really? How stupid are your employees? I reschedule for delivery the next day and put in details directions on how to get to the house. It was never delivered on the scheduled day! Never attempt to deliver it. Other carriers have no problem finding our house but what is wrong with USPS? Please Get better trained employees.

Original review: July 18, 2019

We are a business and have inconsistent and unreliable service delivery whenever there is a substitute carrier for route 30309. When you call into the branch that supervises the carriers on the 30309 route, they make up every excuse in the book as to why mail isn't delivered and/or why it comes well after business hours. The supervisors could care less about the customers. No wonder they keep losing business to competitors. I have elevated this concern to customer service, the consumer advocacy office, as well as our US rep/senators on several occasions over the last several years. Nothing seems to work.

Looks like USPS (30309) as we know it today will end up like the fate of the carrier pigeon and Pony Express. Many businesses continue to move to electronic mail, e-magazines, online bill pay, etc. Once moved over to electronic service, it will be impossible for USPS to win customers back. With less customer business, there will be less need for carriers. With less carriers, there will be less need for supervisors. This, the circle of 30309 USPS life. Very sad that 30309 doesn't care about customers (including business customers). It shows in the dismal reviews it gets. NOTE: I gave 1 star, but would have given a "0" if that was an option. Do yourselves a favor, go someplace other than USPS 30309 for your mail needs.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I sent two suitcases from Houston to NY, with assured delivery in 5-7 business days. One suitcase reached within 4 days, the other has yet to reach and it’s been 2 weeks now. I cannot track its exact location which comes up as “In USPS facility.“ Then I tried to get in touch with a customer rep, so far I’ve been in the queue for 45 minutes. Finally spoke an agent who was very curt and said “Even if I was told about delivery in 5-7 business days by a clerk at the post office, it’s no guarantee it will reach in that many days. It can be up til 6 weeks.“ If that was the case, why wasn’t I told that by the clerk at the post office. Lesson learnt, never send a package again by USPS. Highly unreliable and the customer service doesn’t serve any purpose, it just repeats what the recorded conversation tells you. NO GOOD.

Original review: July 12, 2019

So frustrating to pay good money for magazines to have them delivered creased in half. I called my local Post office and they informed me that I am in a rural area, (seems like a city to me) and this is how they deliver the mail because they have to cup them in a one inch cupper?? I asked if I could have my magazines delivered without the crease, she said no, it's the way they do rural deliveries. I pay good money for my magazines to have them defaced by the USPS. Am I the only person who doesn't appreciate magazines delivered with a crease? It makes it hard to read them. No solution was offered to me. I was basically told to accept it...it's just the way it is.

USPS Company Information