3.7/5 (1439 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: July 8, 2022

I had the package sent overnight with USPS. The next day it was delivered but to the wrong address/room. I had to call customer service to locate the package. Well, customer service does not work at USPS. They have an automatic voice to transfer the customer and then hang up. It's not the first time when USPS providing 1-star customer service and has delivery issues.

Original review: June 28, 2022

So, with gas as high as it is, I was surprised to see 2 mail trucks today. Seems the first truck puts the circulars in and leaves the mailbox open then the second puts in the other envelopes. I asked the driver and he said “it saves time” Seems political stupidity runs rampant.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Yesterday, a delivery driver showed up while my dog was outside on a leash and my husband was standing in the doorway. The driver half way got out of his truck and then immediately got back in is truck before my husband could even step outside. We then get an update that the package is available for pick up at the post office. So Today, I got to the post office it was supposed to be delivered at only to be told they don't know where the package is, but it must be at the other office and gives me a phone number to call. Phone number just rings and rings and rings and then hangs up on you. So I drive over to the other post office for the rep to tell me that the delivery driver attempted to deliver and I said, "No that's a lie. I was standing right there." For the rep to then pop an attitude and go 'WELL, if a dog is there they won't deliver (which is a lie).' And then said 'I wasn't there so I don't know.' I was and I'm telling you what happened.

They said that it was mislabeled and that it would be redelivered today. I then asked why the tracking information would tell me it's here for pick up, and he then said that they would go back and check. Man never returns, instead about 5 mins later another man walks up without introducing himself or who he was says that it was mislabeled and would be redelivered today and told me to leave. This is completely unacceptable and I completely wasted my time trying to hunt down this package because people cannot do their jobs and getting mad when they are called out for it. USPS has been useless for a while, but they are just completely pathetic now and a waste of time. Not helpful, unfriendly, defensive, rude. 10/10 don't recommend. Just use Fedex or Ups.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Well paid extra for two days shipping. It's been 8 days and still no package. No wonder the USPS is going under. Terrible, terrible, experience. I will never ever use them again. Just shut down and move aside. Let places that care about its customers ship. Obviously it's not the USPS.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Their tracking is garbage.. Says item left a distribution center then a day later it says it left the same place and does it for every stop on the way.. How hard is it to get it to us on time... Super slow. When you call them they aren't helpful and just give excuses like Biden blaming inflation on Putin price hike..

Original review: June 14, 2022

Don't know about everyone else's shipping experience with USPS, but mine was the worst I've ever had. My friend used them, on the 20th May this year, to send me a package, containing Disneyland merchandise, from the US to Singapore. According to their tracking system in the first five days, they only created its label and it was transiting to the "next facility", without stating what this place exactly was. Then, the next update came 11 DAYS later on 3rd June which, to my horror, said the package had not even reached their customs facility! And again, no update for the FOLLOWING FOUR DAYS.

I had to call USPS's service hotline, on the 8th, to ask where my package exactly was and their operator said they, unfortunately, sent it back to my friend as it couldn't be cleared for shipping. Then on the following day, We got UPS to ship our package instead since we didn't want to risk going through the same horrible experience with USPS. Fortunately, UPS cleared it without any issues and took only six days to deliver the package to me.

Even now, we still don't know why USPS couldn't clear the package, when UPS easily could. But I can only think it's because they had too many other packages to ship ours. So, definitely don't use USPS for international shipments (especially urgent ones) since they might also make you wait for weeks and end up not delivering it at all.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Totally worthless. Getting mail from PA to Norwich NY takes 10 to 14 days to get here. Also all the mail they never delivered or lost they go from PA to syracuse ny to binghamton. Come on you go by norwich ny to start with. They are idiots. I could drive and pick it up faster than they can deliver it. They don't care. No customer service whatsoever. It's the government. They are on a higher level not Zell to amazon to guys suck.

Original review: June 9, 2022

When the United States Post Office became the United States Postal Service, it was the beginning of the end of a good, dependable, affordable delivery service. This (dis)organization can't compete with the likes of UPS, FedEx, and Amazon when it comes to package delivery, and their first class mail delivery is about is pitiful. Why does it take a first class piece of mail 6 business days to get from Point A to Point B, less than 5 miles away in the same city. If this sort of delivery was an occasional thing, it could be excused, but it's now the norm. I foolishly sent a one page form to a niece 11 miles away within the same county on May 26, 2022 and here it is June 9, 2022 and she still hasn't received it. Even more foolishly, I spent almost $11.00 for a tracking number, and get tracking info that it's running late but is on its way to the next facility. Doesn't even say where this or that or the next facility is.

"Customer" service? Oh, please! It's not CUSTOMER service, it's PROVIDER service, meaning communication between the customer and the provider/retailer is geared to their convenience, not the customer's. "We may or may not get back to you when and if we feel like it." Looking for good customer service? Try finding it in a mid 20th Century museum, 'cause it doesn't exist any more. And, BTW, who is the real world charges more for less service and expects to win friends and influence people? The USPS is run by a bunch of nitwits.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Said a coffee table wouldn’t fit in a mailbox and refused to deliver item. Schedule redelivery and item wasn’t even sent out. Word from the wise order from an actual store and use their delivery service. Don’t bother with this service. It’s not worth your time and money.

Original review: June 8, 2022

My friend sent me a package from the USA to Norway. He paid the maximum possible sum for the package, almost $100, for express delivery(7-9 days). I'm on day 30 and the package did not even leave the USA!!! This is a total ripoff and scam. Support does not respond to my requests at all and does not know where the package is. The package means a great deal to me, especially right now as I am a refugee, but USPS cannot care less. They just ignore me and the whole delivery process. I hate them, the worst mail company in the world!!!

Original review: June 4, 2022

On May 3, 2022, I sent a package to China. The only option is Priority Mail Express International. The cost is $76.20, and it supposes to be 3-5 days. It takes USPS 5 days to send to Chicago Airport and arrives on May 8. After three days of no activities. I called on May 11 to check the status. The USPS Rep informs me this status is normal, and she tells me to be patient. She will open a ticket to escalate my request. It is my mistake not to ask her for a case number. I waited for a week. There is no tracking movement. I called again on May 19; the USPS Rep informed me that she did not see an escalation case open for my package. This agent is kind enough to help me open a ticket and provide me with the ticket number. She did tell me to check back in 12 days. She also said that I could request a refund for the postage since the USPS did not deliver my package to the shipper in a timely manner.

After the May 19 call, the package did leave the US for China. The tracking shows arrived on May 22. On June 2, I called USPS again to inquire about my package. This time the USPS Rep is not friendly at all. She said that the problem is not USPS. It is China's hold-up. I asked her why it takes five (5) days to get to the shipper in Chicago Airport since the service I paid for is 3-5 days. It should arrive at the shipper within three (3) days instead of five (5) days. She insists this is not a USPS issue. Also, she said no refunds for the postage since COVID-19 happened. The USPS is so poor that they need to cheat to get funds, and it is no different from a thief. As of today, my package is not yet delivered.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Bought a P.O. Box online. Within hours of purchasing it online, I learned I wouldn’t be moving. I immediately contacted USPS by email asking to please close the P.O. Box and issue the refund. I did not hear anything back and learned I could close it myself online. I attempted to close it and the usps kept half of my money. I paid $88. Not even 48 hours later, as I cancelled online, the usps kept $44 of my money. The box was never used and no mail ever went there. I contacted usps within hours of opening the box to please close it and they are still refusing to give me my money.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I mailed a small package to South Africa, and paid the maximum possible amount for the express mailing including insurance. I was told the package would reach my recipient in 3-5 days. I am now on day 31 and still waiting. From date of mailing, the package took 12 days to actually get into a plane leaving the US. After that, there was silence: My package just disappeared, with no updates in the tracking information. I have called USPS several times to try and get a sense of what is actually happening, and each time they provide unhelpful and incomplete information. They have just told me that their international team is conducting research. So I will just wait and wonder while they conduct their indefinite review.

I have even inquired about a partial refund given that the package is over 25 days delayed (a week's delay would be reasonable). The kicker is that they have expressly told me that they do not offer refunds for excessive delays. So I can wait 60, 90 days or longer, and not get any credit for the inconvenience while using their "premium" service. So for anyone considering mailing a package, to South Africa, using any USPS, please be wary. If you can, go with more expensive courier services including Fedex, UPS or DHL: Trust me, you do not want the stress of dealing with USPS.

Original review: May 25, 2022

The packages were supposed to be arrived in 1-2 weeks as they claimed on their website, but it never happens. Each time the excuse is 'unexpected delay happened'. I will not use their international priority service anymore, 3 times of strikes are enough. Very disappointed that USPS international is slow, inefficient and irresponsible.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Monday morning 5/16/22, I stopped by UPS in Bellevue to check how many days it will take to deliver A4 envelope with a notarized doc to Israel. The answer was 3 business days. Later the same day, Monday 05/16/22, of my way back from Olympia I stopped by UPS store in Kent to mail a package in Israel. I chose the fastest & the most expensive way, the guy/manager/who knows said it will be delivered in 3-5 business days and...

After 2 days I started to check the status of the shipping on UPS website (using their tracking number), spent a couple of hours, called to UPS and found out that the store operates as USPS store (UPS customer service explained to me that it was USPS store and I paid double price for the shipping, $130 instead of $66). OK, this time I checked USPS website (using the tracking number) and found that the package was still in Seattle (May, 19th), after 3 days! it was still there. I called to USPS customer service, they couldn't helped me and recommended to wait when 5 days will expire.

After 2 more days I got a text message that the package arrived to Carson California on May 22nd early morning and later the same day it arrived in LA California. And today, when I'm writing my review, 05/24/22, 9.20pm, it's still in LA. No words... Yesterday I had to notarize this document again, went to Olympia to get an apostille again and mailed it with DHL. Let's see who win this race...

Original review: May 21, 2022

A package was shipped to me from France. I’m waiting for it so I’m home all day only to open my door and see a notice that says nobody was there to sign. I schedule a redelivery for the next day. No one comes. For the following two weeks, I kept calling and emailing them to get my package redelivered. I’m forced to stay home on a Saturday just to receive a call saying that no one answered the door. How rude and incompetent do you have to be for them to hire you? I’m so pissed.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Back in January 2022 I found a house in another state that I wanted to buy. I sent a Ernest deposit. It took over 35 days. Similar experience sending a title to my husband. Over 35 days. First class mail. Ridiculous.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I paid $91.55 for two day Priority to Vancouver. Perishables. 5 days later the package was still sitting in Los Angeles, and I've spent over 70 minutes on the phone trying to get an agent only to have the phone picked up three times and hung up on! NO recourse, FURIOUS and will use any service but USPS. FIRE DeJoy! Seriously, you have great responsibility. Step up and make the system better, don't destroy it. Every year the USPS gets worse. Shame on you.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I wish I could give a less than 1 review. USPS don't care about you or your crap when mailed. My package took over 33 days to reach its destination. This was a $4000. clock that was busted all to hell. Now, it's been another 60 days and 2 appeals and still the insurance has not paid a dime. The post office or USPS has not even offered to refund my shipping cost. This is a Government agency that won't give customers the money it owes them but will send Millions to the southern boarder and overseas. NO accountability at all. NO wonder USPS has a 1 star review status.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Pkg scheduled for 2 day delivery 4/22 in MN and returned to PHX. Tracking number ** Noted as sent to mail recovery center. Missing mail search

ID #** shows as "resolved" on 4/26. No one can tell me what the resolution is. Neither myself or the recipient has received the package and it is now 5/3. I was advised the mail recovery center is at the Van Buren Post office in Phx, so I drove the 1 hour down there today to be informed the mail recovery center is in Atlanta.

When they get the packages, it is because the label is illegible, usually wet or torn, so they can determine where to send the contents. The documents have my address in AZ, and my dad's address in TX, and his mail is forwarded to me. No one can tell me where my package is and what is going on. I need help. Envelope has driver's license, state ID card, birth certificate, power of attorney, medicare card, insurance card, Covid vaccine record. We need the ID to get my dad on a plane. Need help--the post office is not helping. They give me numbers to call that are disconnected or no longer in service, and I am being sent on a wild goose chase.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Businesses should stop using USPS altogether and simply stick with UPS or FedEx. You'd think companies would get tired (and broke!) from constantly having to give refunds for all the packages the lazy, fat hippos at USPS either lose, misplace, steal, or return to the post office if it's still on the truck at the end of the day and they're too lazy to bother delivering it the next day, as their fat cow ** are paid a nice salary to do. They just mark a package "available for pickup" with no consideration that someone can be without a car, disabled, or afraid to venture into the nasty crime-prone areas the post office tends to be located. Fat ** want that big ol' fedgoob salary from usps but don't want to earn it. I guess companies that ship packages want to go broke from refunds.

Oh, and YOU CAN'T EVEN EMAIL USPS anymore. A gazillion tries and it's always "there was a problem submitting your request". And forget about calling them. Even if you eventually get a live person it'll just be lazy mumbling without offering a solution, and that's if you don't lose patience listening to the half-hour recording about the fake ** "virus" which to them is an excuse to goof off. Bottom line is USPS SUCKS!

Original review: April 15, 2022

Ordered a package that is very timely. Product ordered from California. Sent to distribution center in Missouri. Silent for 2 days from there on tracking other than "In transit, arriving on time". No ETA. Today it updated and is now in a distribution center in Georgia. I'm in Texas. Wrong side of the country, folks. So much more the package arriving when I need it by.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Service can not be worst than what it is, you guys are first from last. I tried to send a letter to IRS and sent the same letter in four different times within different postage but still can not see the status and IRS did not received the letter. It happened to me in 2020, IRS didn't receive the letter and since I sent it through certified letter it never backed to me.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Not support for an item that was forward scammed. Item was sent to Germany instead of Delaware. When they told me to file a claim it didn't work. It kept clicking me out and saying claim was too large or something and didn't help with anything after that.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Three times in three years they have failed to do the ONE THING they are supposed to do: take an envelope from one place to another. They are not capable of achieving mediocrity. They DID, however, deliver one of my checks FIFTEEN MONTHS LATE!!!! Even with a tracking number they failed to track it (only the government can pull that off). I will never use the USPS again for any reason ever. Not even sure why I am posting this, as if they will ever improve.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The packages I send out are taking forever to get to their destinations. Also, some packages have gotten lost and never found! I am going to have to switch to UPS and FedEx. What is going on with USPS?

Original review: March 29, 2022

Liars...mailbox full. They take contracts on large packages. Manager told me outright..."We hire the elderly and women and they can't lift that. It never even made the truck..." Manager admitted it. Then why take the contract. $20 extra in gas to find my package. What a crock of **.

Original review: March 28, 2022

We use informed delivery through the USPS. In February, we received notice our new license plate registrations for 2 vehicles were out for delivery. We did not receive any of that day's mail. We waited a few more days and did not receive it still. After contacting customer service, they opened an investigation and stated the local manager would contact us within 3 business days. We received a call on the third day from a manager in a different state. After explaining to him what happened, he said he would try to call the local office.

The local office still has not reached out after a month. I called the customer service line and gave them the reference number, to which she was very rude and cut me off to tell me the case was already closed and she cannot do anything further. The Department of Transportation wants me to purchase new tags although the Post Office lost them. After going to the office directly, they told me they are too busy to talk about it and will not look into it further.

Original review: March 22, 2022

This is the second time in one year where I had 2 disagreeable experiences with USPS. One, they didn't deliver the overnight letter in a timely manner. It took over a week. Funny, the other letter mailed at the same time to the same place arrived within one day. Second, I mailed a package and when it arrived it looked like it was used for soccer practice. When I made a claim. The claim adjuster made the process so hard that I stopped.

Original review: March 10, 2022

How the crap my customers package who lives in NJ went from TX to NJ and now is in Seattle WA. The coupled with the less than standard service USPS gives. I have to ask are you racist, do you just not like me? How do you ** up so bad to send my customers product all the way across the country. I am going to Lawyer up on you for damages to my company. Ship any way but USPS.

USPS Company Information