2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5
Based on 4,648 ratings submitted in the last year

USPS Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

My package sat in one of their facilities For 3 weeks once without moving through the system as I was tracking it. Took me almost a month to get the package from Penn to Ohio. Another time I Sent a item sold on Ebay a few states over and same thing happened. It sat idle with the tracking info not changing while the customer worried that it would fail to arrive on time for a Christmas gift. Got many angry emails from customer and it threatened my positive feedback. Finally arrived after a case was opened but customer missed item in time for Christmas. Now, same thing happening. I have a package that failed to arrive on time per tracking info and it's just sitting somewhere and not advancing thru the system. Had to open a case. In my opinion and experiences USPS is a very slow company with shipping and appear to be careless when handling products to be shipped.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Sent my sister a box with small items in it. I ensured to tape all ends where the box might open so the items would not slip. When the box got to my sister, the box was empty. She immediately sent me pictures of the box and it clearly showed it was tampered with. The box was not taped the same way I taped it prior to mailing it and the box also showed signs of forceful opening. I will never send anything through USPS. Don't trust them, don't send anything through them, it's worth paying more through private mailing system than mailing anything through USPS.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Was expecting time sensitive package (contract for a customer and check) was accepted in Tenn USPS office for next day delivery, with a delivery date of next day by 3pm to S Fl. My wife was home all morning and day, I was home after 2pm waiting. Regular mail came, but no next day package. No notices left, still no package now 5pm. My suggestion, spend the extra bucks and use FedEx, for me they have NEVER missed a PROMISED delivery time.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Every year we are quoted when a package will be delivered through USPS once it's been recorded from International shipping into the US. Every year we send the package a month in advance. We received packages fine but the shipping into the US is NEVER on time. They are over priced and NEVER deliver on time and trying to reach someone is near impossible without being transferred over and over. This is why USPS is failing and only wants more money to provide a service they already cannot handle. Sad....

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

The estimated time for delivery that USPS gives you is rarely correct. I mean it’s fine if the package doesn’t get here until after Christmas but don’t lie to me and tell me that it would. The anticipation is killing me and playing with my emotions. I don’t like that. Just tell me when it gets here and don’t try to please me by lying to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Today is Christmas Eve and I was supposed to receive my package yesterday. It was a present for my younger brother and I don't have the money to go out and get another one at the moment. I'm really mad because I can't even get refunded same day. I really need this present. It's my first year away from home and I want to make sure that my siblings get a good present from me. I'm just mad because the tracking said that it was delivered when I never received it. I even went walking 15 minutes in the pouring rain to neighbouring buildings to see if they received my package. None have. Normally I wouldn't even care about not receiving my package but because tomorrow is Christmas and now I don't have a present for my siblings I'm mad. I'm more than mad. I'm devastated, my first year away from home and now I look like a terrible sibling.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I mailed 4 packages for my children for Christmas using USPS Priority Mail because they guaranteed that my packages would be there by Christmas. One of the four packages did not make it and since I live in another state, there is no recourse. One of my children will not get their gift for Christmas. I will no longer use USPS for packages that need to get to their destination by a certain date.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I mailed two packages from Oahu to Zurich on December 6th. I never had a problem in the past and it always took 5 to 7 days for the recipient to get it. This time it took them 9 days to get it to los.. Now they are unable to give me an exact location of one of the package and keep giving me a run around answer about it moving within the USPS network. We are the 24 and I guess bye bye Christmas for the recipient since that package is somewhere I don't know where in their network which they don't seem to know either.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Kenny ** Back Roads Hot Rods !CAUTION! Our USPS is delivering lumps of coal this Christmas. I shipped a package (vintage auto part) to Lula Georgia from Campton Kentucky. The receipt is marked C.O.D., STREET DELIVERY and was insured. Sounds clear, simple and normal procedure, right? Oh No It's Not! The package arrived damaged and so it begins.

First the Lula Ga. Post Office reads the receipt (Street Delivery) so they calls the resident to come in and pickup the package. Second the Lula Ga. Post Office reads the receipt (C.O.D.) so they did not collect the (Cash On Delivery) and gives the package to the resident who opened it (without paying the C.O.D.). The package was damaged and the vintage auto part broken. The resident contacted me about the problem. Third the Lula Ga. Post Office reads the receipt (Insured) so they decided NOT to contact me about the problem and the package / part is put “somewhere back in the back room” their words.

When I followed up to find out what was going on (no payment for the part) the Lula Ga. Post Office THEN informed me the package was damaged, the part was broken, it was somewhere back in the back room and they would send it back if they could find it. Oh and they would not cover the insurance on the package because the C.O.D. payment was not taken by the post office, the resident had signed for it and that was that. WHAT??? Now I’m out $150.00 for the part, $38.75 for delivery and insurance and stuck with a lump of coal costing me $188.75. Sooo if you plan on using the Wonderful USPS services this holiday season. Think Twice Before You Do. You will just get a lump of coal for your efforts.

!UPDATE! The Lula Ga. Post Office shipped the part back to me, good news right? Oh No It's Not! (again) The part is now broken in multiple places, severely damaged. As far as the Lula Ga. Post Office is concerned I got my part back and that’s that. This is just not right. I REPEAT. If you plan on using the Wonderful USPS services this holiday season or ANYTIME for ANY REASON. Think Twice Before You Do. They SCREWED me and they will SCREW you too. (I have photos of everything that happened, before and after.)

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

The estimated delivery date was ridiculous. The package was suppose to be delivered by 12/21, but it didn’t. Per tracking history it arrived at the distribution center on 12/21 on Oahu. I sent it from Kaneohe on 12/17. Which means it took 4 days to go across the island which is an hour away. It still needs to go to Oregon... next time UPS or FedEx.

USPS Company Information