Amherst, NY

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

First Source Advantage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Source Advantage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Source Advantage?

Original review: May 26, 2020

So my experience is very different from the other reviews on here, which initially scared me when I looked up the company. A lot of people are saying they are getting scam letters and phone calls, I believe if they are scams it is not actually First Source Advantage. If you get a letter, I would recommend going to your card or whichever account it is that was sent to the debt collector and verifying that they did so. In my case, it was true. On my Capital One account it said it was closed and it was sent to First Source Advantage and it had a 1-800 number to call. The number in the letter was a 1-866 number. I chose to call the number given by Capital One and (thanks to the stimulus check) I was actually able to settle my account right then and there.

Everyone hates scams and debt collectors, but if you verify you have have debt getting collected - see your credit card account and even check what is reported on your credit score, then handle the problem before you leave panicked unfounded negative reviews. I would DEFINITELY check your credit score information (plenty of free ways to do so) because maybe YOU never opened a card that the debt is being collected for, but it is possible one was opened in your name and you might have an Identity Theft problem, not a scam problem.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I received an actual bill from these clowns for a First Premier Bank Card I never had. I just recently opened an account with First Premier, but according to the bill, due to the age of the debt, I "will not be sued," and it "will not be reported to any credit reporting agency." There has also never been any such debt on my credit report. The account number they provided on the bill is not my account number with First Premier. The bill says I owe a balance of $663.50, but if I pay $165.89 by 11/27/19, they will consider the account settled.

I called First Premier. They confirmed 1) They did not refer any accounts to these people, 2) The account number on the bill is not mine, and 3) The balance they are claiming I owe is not my debt. I called First Source at 888-872-1566. The person who answered the phone had very broken English. The first thing he wanted to do was verify my name and last 4 of my social. I told him I was not giving him any information and demanded to know where they got the information contained in their bill. He hung up on me. These people need to be investigated and stopped in their tracks. They need to be prosecuted!!!! How many people have actually fallen for this scam and actually unknowingly paid without questioning it?

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I am getting call right now from this company. I am not answering my phone. Thank you all for the advice. I even have a new cell # and somehow I keep getting calls like this even when my ID has a fraud alert on it, they can still keep calling...

Original review: April 23, 2019

I just received a collection letter from this company. I know people who work for the Feds. So I am acutely aware of scams and never trust anything at face value. Plus I have no debt to collect. DON’T TRUST WHATEVER COMES IN YOUR MAIL! INVESTIGATE IT!!! DON’T GIVE YOUR INFO TO ANYONE!!! Report everything nefarious to Consumer Affairs, local authorities or the Feds (FBI)!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I got a letter in the mail saying I owed a credit card that I don't have. This is a scam. They printed the address wrong so I'm surprised I even got the letter. I hope the FBI investigates them. They will not get my money.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I just received a letter addressed to my company listing an old, outdated, closed credit card as being deficient in the amount of $110.24 and has been turned over to their collection agency. I called Capital One and they have no record of said credit card number on file. I'm not going to even waste my time calling First Source Advantage, LLC. Letter in shredder.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

This company recently started calling me concerning a debt that they said I owed, even though I have never heard of the company. They kept calling. Finally, they called one evening while my family and I were eating dinner. I asked them to hold on, put down the phone and came back with a whistle, blew it as long and as hard as I could into the receiver... They have not called back. LOL.

Original review: May 12, 2017

This morning I decided to answer the phone for a call from First Source. The caller asked to speak to my (deceased) husband. When I informed him of this, he was politely solicitous, but then asked for the date of death, which was more than six years ago. I gave him the month and year, but did not want to provide the exact date.

I asked what the call was about, and he said he was not allowed to disclose this information. I told him there had been no unresolved business, and asked him to take me off his phone list. He continued to ask me for the exact date of death, and then for a copy of the death certificate. I asked him why the date mattered, or why he wanted the certificate, and he kept saying they needed it for their records. I told him I was not at all interested in their records, and before I said something I would regret, I was terminating the call.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

First Source Advantage called me and left a voicemail stating they were trying to collect a debt. I called back and the man began acting like a scam artist asking for my personal information starting with my birth date. He then taunted me by saying he already has my personal info and does not need me to provide it. I tried to explain that my identity had been stolen, that I had never in my life had a Target credit account, but that had been one of the accounts incurred by the thieves. I had to raise my voice over his arguments that I was lying to explain that I had filed a sheriff's report and sent affidavits, even hired an attorney to assist with the mess. He said the call would be terminated and they would be harassing me again in the future!

Original review: June 21, 2016

I get calls from FIRST SOURCE ADVANTAGE 1-855-856-9662 daily... According to the reports on 800notes.com they are calling about University of Phoenix... I've NEVER had dealing with them. I have true student loans with a true organization and it is OK on all 3 credit reports, just printed today. I accidentally called them back today, and when they answered, informed them they are not on notice not to call me again. If I really owed someone, I would have gotten a notice via regular mail telling me it was going to collections or court. They call daily... I'm sick of it and the number do NOT match the number for FIRST SOURCE ADVANTAGE when you look it up online. Whether or not the call I receive is from the real company is questionable.

First Source Advantage Company Information