1.30/5
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratings

Amherst, NY

38 First Source Advantage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 14, 2010

They have called me repeatedly on several numbers including my work phone. Although the phone numbers are listed in my name they keep harassing me to get information on Timothy ** and telling me that the numbers are registered in his name. They are not. They will not remove my phone numbers and call me daily to harass me. This is taking time away from work.

Original review: May 28, 2010

I received a phone call today on a phone that I have told them is a business phone, this was when it was with Capital One. The company is taking over the file and they have to read it and not contact if so told. I also was never told that they were a debt collector and that any information received would be used to collect the debt. He also called my home and told me that I had to call him today.

Original review: May 20, 2010

This company called me to track down a neighbor for debt collection. This is none of my business, but now I know my neighbor is in debt collection - which I had no wish to know or get involved in. Is anybody out there who cares that these people are breaking the law? The credit card people should be ashamed at stooping so low as to hire these Indian foreigners to do business in our country. Oh, and they should learn to speak English.

Original review: May 13, 2010

My husband and I get daily phone calls from this company asking to speak to Cherie, my husband's ex-wife. Today they told me this matter was concerning an "important business opportunity". I tell them every time that Cherie has not lived here in over 10 years, since the divorce in 2000. However, I was told that they would continue to call me until they get a good phone number for Cherie. So, basically I will be harassed until I give in to their annoying, deceptive calls and relinquish Cherie's phone number.

Original review: May 6, 2010

This is a debt collection service. I have explained numerous times that my business cellphone number is not a contact # for the debtor they are trying to reach. I've notified them verbally as well as in a written communication sent via fax. They still continue to call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Source Advantage?

Original review: March 12, 2010

This company has called my home phone approximately 70 times since January 1, 2010. The few times I have actually talked to a live person, they asked for someone named "Beth". There is no Beth here and I have repeatedly told them that. Sometimes they leave an automated message, sometimes when I answer they hang up. This is a clear case of harassment. The last time they called, I yelled at them to stop calling me and if they didn't, I was going to sue them for harassment and they just laughed and hung up. I want them to burn. The stress factor is considerable! My blood pressure rises every time I see that it's them on the phone. We are all day and night jumping up to answer the phone and there is no way to communicate with this company. The crappiest part is it's not even our debt!

Original review: March 4, 2010

On March 2, 2010, I was contacted by First Source Advantage Group, claiming to be taking care of a debt originally belonging to Capital One some 11 or 12 years ago in the amount of 1,668.14. I requested that they send me a settlement bill to my current address and that I would be looking into this debt. I don't remember having a credit card at that point in my life, and I believe that I was the victim of identity theft, that someone got a hold of my information and used it to obtain a credit card in my name.

I googled First Source Advantage Group and found them on a site called Ripoffreport.com. I find that very unsettling and do not want to send them any money until this matter has been looked into. Please help me. I don't want to be charged for something that I never knew about and don't feel comfortable sending money to anyone but Capital One, if this is in fact my debt. Thank You for looking into this for me.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2009

For two years this collection agency has been calling daily looking for "Martin". He must have had my phone number before I moved here. I have tried repeatedly to tell them I am not Martin and they just keep hanging up on me. They are extremely rude. What can I do? Please help!

First Source Advantage Company Information