2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.76/5

CountryWide Debt Relief has over 30 years of combined experience in helping people find the best debt consolidation option. Contact us for a free consultation to see your Debt Consolidation Options. Credit is not required to qualify.

*Debt Services ONLY available in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Michigan, New York, Virginia

BOTTOM LINE

CountryWide Debt Relief helps settle debts of $10,000 and more. Although it is not a member of the IAPDA, the company has a proven track record and can help consumers cut down their debt.

PROS

• Free initial consultations
  • Straightforward pricing
  • 20% reduction in debt or no fee

CONS

• Not a member of the IAPDA

Top CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

I was impressed with the way people treated you in there and how they wanted much to help you. If I needed to delay a payment or make one a little bit sooner, they would work with me on changing a date as long as I called them with enough time. Working with CountryWide has made my life a lot better.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly … We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over.

CountryWide Debt Relief Get Pricing

What is CountryWide debt relief?

CountryWide Debt Relief works with consumers to reduce their debt. If you feel that declaring bankruptcy is the only reasonable option left for you, you might be able to work with CountryWide Debt Relief to try another solution, such as debt settlement. CountryWide is a member of the AFCC and is FTC compliant.

How does CountryWide Debt Relief work?

CountryWide Debt Relief uses a form of debt relief known as debt settlement to lower consumers’ debt. CountryWide works with many kinds of debts, including personal loans, credit card bills, unsecured loans, medical bills and business debt. The company offers free consultations over the phone to see if you qualify.

CountryWide works with third-party agents who negotiate with your creditors to reduce your debt to a single, lump-sum payment. If CountryWide is successful in negotiating a smaller payment, you pay the company a fraction of the original debt owed. CountryWide’s debt settlement program typically takes between 24 and 48 months to complete.

How much does CountryWide Debt Relief cost?

CountryWide does not charge a fee if the company cannot negotiate your debt down to 80% or less of the original amount. If CountryWide is successful in negotiations, you pay the company a fee of 18% of the original debt owed. If the company reduces your debt by 50%, you’ll pay 68% of the original debt once the company adds its fee.

A typical negotiation result with CountryWide is 45% to 60% of the original debt owed, but results vary. CountryWide does not charge any upfront fees.

Do we recommend CountryWide Debt Relief?

We recommend CountryWide Debt Relief for its debt reduction guarantee, lack of upfront fees and track record of lowering debts for customers. CountryWide’s debt settlement program can provide the route you need to avoid bankruptcy. If you are struggling to get out of debt, consider applying for debt settlement services with CountryWide Debt Relief.

CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

CountryWide contacted me and they were telling me about the plan that they had and how much debt I was in. At first, asked them how I would know that it's legit and how my money is not gonna just get taken. So, they gave me a website I could look at. I did a little bit of digging and then, I called them back. I was able to work with them. I was a single mom at the time I was going to do it so I told the rep what was in my budget and what I could afford and what I couldn’t. She was very personal and could relate to my story. At first, they said it was 200 bucks and I couldn’t afford that. I told them I could afford maybe 150 and they said that we could do 138 something. It was perfect. Once I agreed over the phone and they sent me the contract, I signed it off. Everything was straightforward and the rep understood where I was coming from.

It was a 24-month program and they were taking about 143 a month from each paycheck. So, I was getting paid at one point every week and then, it changed to every other week. They told me they settled with this one company for a said amount and once I get it to that amount, we would be able to pay it off. Every time something was paid off, they would tell me. They were very helpful and I felt very comfortable with the process. If I had any questions or if I need to change something, they're always a phone call away. So, they were very approachable and professional. I never had any incidents of extra money being pulled out. When I did an overpayment, I got money back.

CountryWide is the way to go when it comes to consolidating your debts. They are very considerate of any personal issues or any financial hardships that you're going through. Working with this program helped me build my credit back up and I was approved for a loan about a few weeks ago. My credit score is at 640 right now. So, it's average.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I was ending up with no money and needed to do some consolidation. I looked around because the people that I was talking to were out of state, and CountryWide was just local, so if I had any questions or if I had to visit, I could just drive over there and talk to them. The rep I worked with was one of the most persons that helped me out a lot than the others I talked to 'cause every time I had a question, it was a different person every single day. I got her number and I talked to her. She made me feel much better than I was before in that situation. I'm debt-free. But right now, I'm trying to purchase a vehicle, and it's not looking pretty good my way because the company checked my background and they looked that I was in a debt consolidation so they won't work with me with that. But then CountryWide helped me out a lot on paying off all my debts.

I talked to another person that's also doing the same process, and she's been doing it longer than me. I told her that I'm done and debt-free. She asked me how I did it and I explained to her. She said she's still in the same boat. I was in debt with probably 30 or 60 and she's still stuck. For me, it's a lesson to be learned. I guess I got the good side of the straw.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I had some outstanding debt because we had a house that we ended up losing. I saw some ads and then I checked ContryWide out. It seemed like it was legit. They always kept up with what was going on and giving me letters. I could call my relief negotiator anytime I wanted or email them. They got back to me within a couple of hours or sometimes a day, but never longer than that.

CountryWide gave my creditors all the things that I already paid and what my paycheck was, and then they figured out what would be safe for me to be paying them without hurting myself and still have money. They helped me get all the creditors to accept payment and not accept I have to pay it all at once, and then I was able to get them all paid off. I no longer have to worry about all the bills and things are starting to look up. It helped me figure out a financial plan and stick with it now so I wouldn't end up in that same position anymore. The people there were very helpful. Even one time when I had a problem, they get a payment, they were flexible and could change the date whenever I needed to of the month if my payday was different than we originally did. Then, a couple of times where I couldn't pay at all because of medical, they actually made it up the next month for me so it worked out real good.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

We were wanting to buy a home and my credit was great, but my debt to ratio was way off. It wasn't something that we could do with that much debt. So I decided to try CountryWide. They were really good. But the communication could've been a little bit better because on our end, we didn't know what was transpiring with the settlements. There were two cases that I got a judgment on my doorstep that I was going to court. That part was super nerve-wracking because I was thinking everything was handled, and then I got two judgments on my doorstep. But as far as I was handling it all, they calmed me down.

One guy called me a couple of times and he was kinda stern with me. He said, "You need to stay out of the process and back out." Because I kept getting all these letters and then I wasn't getting a response, so I picked up the phone and called the collection company and I told them they needed to deal with CountryWide Debt Relief. But that was a huge no-no. I can't pick up the phone. That's their job. But they were leaving me hanging and I was stressed out because the collection companies kept blowing up my phone.

I was a couple of years into the program. Now that I'm done, I have zero regrets because we were able to buy a home last year. But I would go from being, "Okay, I made the right call," to being, "What the hell did I just do?" I kept going back and forth with how I was feeling about it because I didn't know how it all worked. I never missed the payment. So when I was getting all these threatening calls and all these judgments, I didn't know how serious it could become. But in the end, they did their job. They promised what they were doing. I got what I intended and I'm pretty much debt-free. I'm done making the payments, which is awesome.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I researched companies through the web and I kinda liked CountryWide. I saw that they were affiliated with Business Affair. They had a lot of good report about them. There were a lot of good comments. Even when I called them, they were very nice. They explained the program to me because I had never done it. When I saw how many credit cards I had, and then the day I spoke with the woman, she said, "You don't even see when you use so many, how it can become a habit." But now, I only have three cards and it's manageable. I learned to not buy the pair of shoe I want, and it made me look at not to consume what I don't need. I've become so different.

The money seemed to go to one person in the beginning of the first year and then somebody else took over. It went to paying somebody different. It depends on how they set it up. But in the long run, it got a little too much for me because I work two jobs just to get rid of the debt. But at the end, I only had 5,000. I called them and I said I wanna pay it. Because I did it like that, they kinda took care of me a little bit and they said, "You've been taking care of it so much that we're gonna take care of you and a couple of more credit cards you had." They treated me like a queen. They were amazing. They were all very professional. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I had a lot of debt that I couldn’t afford. I looked up CountryWide. When I spoke to their customer service, it was pretty great and I didn't have any problems. Any questions I had, they answered. After enrollment, I always gave my payments on time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Over three years ago, I had a lot of credit card bills, and they were too hard to manage. I did an internet search and checked out the reviews. I called, spoke to someone and made my decision. I spoke to someone when I initially set it up then I made an account online on CountryWide's site and I made payments every month. I felt comfortable, and I’m good about everything. It was easy to set up and smooth along the way. Instead of having to worry about paying each debt off, their program made it easy to consolidate it into one monthly payment. It took a lot of stress away and it helped me pay back those all of those debts within three and a half years or so. It was worth it. I came out debt-free, so overall, it was a success. Now, I have a better credit score, and that's a big deal. I was able to buy a house recently.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Countrywide was local to me and they had some good online reviews. Their customer service initially was fantastic because they got me to join. Once I joined, they got my payments, but their communication was nonexistent and I didn't hear from somebody for a couple of years. I needed to build up a certain amount of funds before they could reach settlement with one of the creditors. They would take fees and not even tell me why. I would have to check my account and see the fee or I'd receive a letter in the mail. They didn't communicate well via email, text, or throughout the process until they've settled something or until I contacted them.

I completed the program sometime over this last summer. Again, I needed to contact them because I had extra funds that needed to get returned to me. They were really slow about getting the funds back to me as well. They gave me a letter at the end stating that it was completed and I have not heard from any creditors. There were two that were past the statute of limitations to collect, so those are still hanging out on my credit report. It seems that as soon as that statute of limitations date was reached, they just took their fee and said, "Oh, we don't need to settle this unless we hear from you within 72 hours." Legally, these companies cannot come after me further, but they're still open.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

They helped us to consolidate and they did everything decently and in order to relieve our problem. All you had to do is call them on the phone when you wanna talk to them. They were respectful and helpful. I was very happy with them. They did a good job. We were satisfied because it took out the pressure off of us.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

The process with CountryWide was very easy. They contacted me via email. In case I didn't reply, they would always send another email or give me a call. They were on top of what they were doing. The cost was something I could afford at the time and then the quality was very good. I couldn't be any happier.

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information