toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get out of debt so I reached out to CountryWide and explained my situation. They told me to meet with them in one of their offices and everybody has been very nice. They explained everything to me, how it was gonna work and how it would affect my credit score. They did all this fast. And during the time that we're doing payments, they would call and see how everything was going and asked me if everything was going the way I wanted it to. It was so easy. My credit score is much higher now and I'm out of debt. In fact, I did my last payment three years ago. Everything went fine and I was thrilled. I would definitely recommend CountryWide Debt Relief.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The interest rates on my credit cards were a little bit too high so I was looking to minimize some of the payments. My sister had a CountryWide Debt Relief program and she referred me to them. Their reps were great. They were all pretty nice and very polite. They listened and were willing to help me out. Everything was positive and CountryWide was pretty good. They helped quite a bit. We’re out of debt now and we're doing much better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide made my debt a little bit more manageable. I had an excellent experience with their reps. Working with them has been awesome and I learned my lesson. I had great communication with them. I'm always able to speak with someone when I call and they're always keeping in touch with me on my case. My experience with Countrywide has given me peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide has always been real helpful. If I ever had any questions, they would get back to me right away. They're good and were able to make things more manageable for me. I have completed the program and I am relieved. My credit's still showing that I was in a little pickle back then, but working with them was definitely a monkey off my back. I would definitely recommend CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide was very firm with me when I called them. They talked me through a lot of things, and what would happen in working with the debt collection situation. They were very courteous, and it was very easy to get a hold of the personnel that was over my account. CountryWide has been a very good help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called CountryWide and I was happy with what I was hearing. So, I figured I'd give them a shot. I did the paperwork on the front end then CountryWide handled everything from there and settled it for me and made payments to pay off my debt. Now my credits had a chance to recover, as soon as we've taken care of that account. So, it's one less thing that I have to worry about. And I'm happy with what CountryWide did.

Resolution In Progress

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you very much for taking the time to providing us with your feedback. You are correct in that your situation (which took place about 5 years ago) was rare. We took you into the program with 1 account that was a pending lawsuit in an advanced stage of the collection process. While we fell a little short in what was quoted, it appears we were still able to save you over $4,500 off of the amount you owed the creditor. Without our involvement, these savings would not have been possible. In good faith to you, we waived the entire fee for our services. We value every client that gives us the opportunity to improve their situation and we do everything we can to do what we say we will do. We hope you are doing well and living a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: March 5, 2017

The person I interacted with at CountryWide Debt Relief gave me false information. My situation was once in a blue moon. It rarely happens that the case goes to trial. He told me that no matter what happens, I'll still be paying that much but that wasn't the case. He gave me guarantees that he shouldn't have which ended up being different and apparently, CountryWide couldn't fulfill those guarantees. But everything else is okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my first mortgage with Countrywide a long time ago and thought CountryWide Debt Relief might be something related to the bank. I had too many worries about my business to make sure I stay in business. I'm a sole proprietorship and this is what I live with. I couldn't handle anymore to pay and I had to go work by the hour for a previous company to make sure I have the payments in on time. The staff at CountryWide Debt Relief were really nice and it was so easy to understand everything and to make me trust that everything was going be clear after I pay all with the agreement. Every time I called, they responded promptly. The company was good and fair. They are loyal, trusting and have experience with customers. And just as the way they promised me, everything was right and I'm relieved now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got divorced and couldn't deal with the loans. I was really in a bind so I needed help. I was searching online and CountryWide was one of the things that popped up. I read some of the reviews and I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't have any problems dealing with them. If I had any question, they answered it in a timely manner. Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with them, but all I had to do was send out an email and they got a hold of me as soon as they got time. They told me exactly what was going to happen, what they needed from me, and what I needed to do. They walked me through everything and did everything that I wanted them to do. Everything worked exactly the way they said it was going to. I'm not in debt anymore and have a friend who's interested in it already.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a whole lot of debt and not enough money. CountryWide was my only solution to try to get out of it, and it has been a wonderful experience. Every time I called, I explain my situation to them. I faxed over the information that they needed and they corresponded with me as needed. It was delightful, nice, lovely and very pleasant. It has affected me in such a positive way, and now, I am out of debt. They're excellent and everything went smoothly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a lot of credit card debt, so I looked into Countrywide Debt Relief. They did a good job, and they helped me get out of debt faster. It was an easy process, and they did what they said they were going to do.

Factual basis uncertain

I had $23,000 debt and wanted to get it settled. CountryWide was my only option at that moment so I went with it. They made over $4,500 before they even started settling anything on my card. Mary was great but she couldn't go much more than the program offered because she was following the protocols of the business. They charge money up front. Until they don't get the money, they would break it down into monthly payments. Then after they're done getting their money, they start working on something. And that could take up to six months or a year. They took off one late payment on one of my cards but all the other cards were still left as inquiries. So I wasn't happy.

CountryWide is a ripoff. There are late inquiries on my account which already closed a long time ago. It was in 2006 and from $15,000, they settled it to $9,000. Other than that, there are so many other ways to do it. I'm calling the credit card companies on my own. You can go straight to the credit card and then just work with them. They're happy to do that with you. Mary was phenomenal, but the program itself wasn't. I wouldn't recommend the company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At the time, the economy kicked in and a lot of carpenters like me were out of work. Then bill collectors would call me for money that I didn't have so I decided to go and try CountryWide Debt Relief. I did everything by mail and it was hard. I would call about four days before my bill is due and let them know that my payment was gonna be late or if I didn't have the whole payment. They would ask if I could send half and I would make sure half was there. What's so great was that they told me to go to Wal-Mart and put the money on the debit card and they'd deduct it from that debit card.

I was able to pull myself out of debt with them and through that time, they were flexible with me. I was paying my bill off but not under pressure with them like I was dealing with the bill collectors. Then I got a call from Countrywide telling me that I owed them $250. I let him know when the money was gonna be there and told him to send me a paper of completion once it was paid off and I made sure that money was in the account. About a week after that, my paper of completion came through the mail. Working with Countrywide was good and they're great. I kept the package that they mailed so if someone else needs that help, I can always relay that information to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a chance that I was gonna get laid off from work. So, I wasn't gonna be able to continue paying the bills and needed to find an alternative solution. I found CountryWide and my interactions with the representatives were good for the most part. But I wish I would have gotten a little more information upfront like as far as how the process was gonna work and what I needed to do because the credit companies try to sue you because you're not paying them. Also, if I would've known that the bad credit was gonna stay on my credit history for seven years, I might have done things differently. But being able to take care of the debt definitely helped me. I was able to start over financially and start moving forward again. But I can't plan anything new because my credit history is crap right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going through some issues with some accounts, and CountryWide was very helpful. They took care of what needed to be done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend had a good experience with CountryWide Debt Relief so I called them to find out if they can help me too. My interaction with them went very well. They were very helpful and they explained how everything works out. I was going through cancer at the time so it made me not worry since they were taking care of everything for me which was good. Overall, they did a great job and I had a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for debt relief help and I was referred to CountryWide Debt Relief. The CountryWide team was great. I physically go to the location in Santa Ana and with the representative, they set me up on a plan and I was on the plan ever since. It worked out well and I had no issues with them. Anytime we needed a negotiator or we came to a negotiation with the creditor, they're always there to guide me. They were always courteous and friendly and always there when I needed to speak to somebody. The follow-up, as far as if I had a question and they had to get back with me, if it wasn't that day, was always the following day. I'm very happy with the outcome working with them and I think we'll be back on track. I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been listening to some Dave Ramsey stuff and we wanted to get completely out of debt. So, we figured we'll try a debt relief program to help us with our process. It was a great interaction with the team at CountryWide and it was mostly via electronic communication, but in the beginning, we had phone conversations with them. Email communication was fast and their follow-up was within a couple of hours at each time. So, it was good. We finished their program and we're completely out of debts. It was great. At the end, I asked for the relief letters or the letters from the different debtors saying that they agreed. CountryWide forwarded me all the information right away and I was very pleased with that. It was a good relief.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

People from CountryWide Debt Relief was sent to my house and it's been a good interaction with their people. I usually do the transaction with them through email but one time I went to their office. Their follow-up was not very quick, and they answer me two days or one day later, but it's okay. And if they've something important, they mail a letter. CountryWide helped me a lot and saved me money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a lot of problem with my credit card so I called CountryWide to see how they can help me. It was very helpful every time I called. Everything worked fine all the time when working with them. I didn't have any problem at all. Now, I'm free, I feel better, and I'm doing better. CountryWide has been a lot of help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love working with CountryWide and they're great. My bills were going up on the credit cards that it's too much to handle so I decided to hand them over to CountryWide. Their team was friendly and helpful. There were a lot of times I thought maybe it's fake but everything worked out great. Everything passed. There were one or two loan issues. They said I had to wait three years to completely get over so I just have to wait on my investment. CountryWide is really honest and everything they've said worked out great. I don't think I can trust anybody else than CountryWide. I try to recommend them to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got tired of getting mail from creditors so I looked into relief help. I went with CountryWide Debt Relief and all I had to do was put the money in the account. CountryWide was super fast with all of my questions anytime I called. If they weren’t available, they would call back within a day or two. I just need to figure how to reestablish my credit. But other than that, I had a great experience with CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to clear out my debt and CountryWide Debt Relief was great. Everything was easy. Everybody was available. If I needed to call, somebody would pick up the phone and any questions I had were answered. Everything was explained to me clearly and properly, and the program wasn't confusing or complicated. I paid off my credit card debts, so that's pretty cool. At least, that's no longer hanging over my head. Overall, their debt relief program was successful. It worked out and I'm happy I did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked into relief help out of desperation. All my interactions with the CountryWide team were great and now I am debt-free in regards to what I owed to those credit cards. Working with them really took a weight off of my mind and it helped a lot. They're a great company to work with and knowledgeable in regards to my problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to consolidate my debts and friends said they had a good experience, so I decided to go ahead and contact CountryWide. All the interactions with the CountryWide team were great. Every time I had to call and leave a message, CountryWide team will return my calls and resolve the things that came up quickly. Moreover, CountryWide helped my financial situation, I was able to consolidate my debts and become debt-free, so working with them enhanced my quality of life. With Countrywide, it was a great experience overall and I appreciate all their help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was bound with high interest rates and the payments were overwhelming. Then, mostly over the phone, the CountryWide team pretty much told me about what they had to offer, how it works and I decided to do the relief help. CountryWide Debt Relief was great and really helpful. They were able to come up with a plan that helped eliminate my debt. I've continued their program and became debt-free.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide Debt Relief was very helpful. They were nice people and they did everything perfectly. They were able to relieve all our debts. They helped a lot. If somebody has a lot of debt, it's good to deal with them to get rid of it and relieve their problems. So far, it has been a wonderful experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a very pleasant and non-stressful experience with CountryWide Debt Relief. I had people who had judgments against me for 3-5 years and I’d put a paycheck in my bank account and it’d be gone so I had to put a stop to that. It was tough at first. I had to pay $980 a month and my payment date was always on the 19th. They are always really helpful and positive every time I would call or talk to them to move payment from the 19th to the 29th. I was gonna go for 40 months and I ended up only going for 34. I was on schedule and it really was a great experience.

It was a big payment and I expected to be paying until March so I was ecstatic when they sent me the letter last month stating everything had been paid off. It changed my life and it's gonna make my credit be back up into that 700-800 level again. So, if anybody has a chance to do it because they are in debt and they want to get out and do the right thing, make sure they call CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I owed $40,000 of credit cards so I decided to get CountryWide Debt Relief's services. Everybody was very nice, and anything we wanted them to do, they did it. We paid off all our debt so I'm back on track again with more money in the bank. Everything is much better now. It was a great experience. We just made the payments right out of our check and it wasn't hard to do. CountryWide was a topnotch company and all worked out fine.

CountryWide Debt Relief

We love to hear clients describe our team as "helpful, courteous and professional." Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to our program was a good fit and "everything went nice and smooth." We appreciate the referrals; #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I got injured and started falling behind on credit cards, and I needed help. I then looked into relief help and went with CountryWide. Everybody I've spoken to at CountryWide was courteous and very helpful. Everything went nice and smooth. They worked with me very well and I've made my payments on time and completed the program. I referred them a few times to other people because I felt they really handle professionally. Overall, my experience was satisfying.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Somebody referred CountryWide Debt Relief to me, and I'm happy that they were able to consolidate most of my accounts. I've had good interactions with their team, and they did not give me a hard time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having trouble paying off because we had so many separate bills. We wanted to consolidate our bills and get someone to pay off. So, when I saw CountryWide Debt Relief, I called them. My interactions with them were good. So far, we already finished paying off the loan that we consolidated. It did help us a lot and relieved some of the stress that we had with so many payments. Overall, it has been an excellent experience.