4.79/5
  • 1 star
Based on 365 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Good or bad credit, there is a solution to getting out of debt. CountryWide Debt Relief's solutions to getting out of debt range from debt consolidation loans to help reduce interest rates, debt negotiation services to help reduce & settle debt and payment plan options to help manage monthly debt payments. We look forward to assisting you. Remember that the worst option to getting out of debt is not doing anything at all.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 29, 2017

384 CountryWide Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Well I never got my quote as promised and instead I filled out all this question and answer stuff but still didn’t get my quote so no one better call me because now I’m no longer interested in this site. Do not try and talk me out of it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The percentage rates on my three cards were too high. I tried to call them directly and negotiate but nobody talked to me. I went with a debt relief company but after six months, I didn't get the results I expected. So I asked for a refund and they gave me all my money back. Then CountryWide Debt Relief took over and did the job. They talked the better game and showed better results. They said that the credit people were going to keep on calling me and I didn’t have to answer if I didn’t want to. The only thing I needed to do was to tell those people that I was not taking any calls. When those people would call, I would give them another number they needed to call. We had to do a little settlement and CountryWide would send me something to sign. Then they would send it to the people to tell them to leave me alone. They were my intermediary.

They got three card companies off of my back and they did it case by case, one at a time. They would negotiate with my creditor and it would take about six to eight months before they would give me a figure. But in the meantime, I had to keep on paying CountryWide a certain fee. They asked if I could live with it and I said okay. Then they sent me some more papers which I signed it then they would close that one. After that, they would move on to the next account. Finally, I was out of debt and everything was paid off in August of 2013. CountryWide was topnotch and I'd highly recommend them to anybody who wants to get out of debt. I'd tell them to jump on it because they are a reputable company.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found us when the other debt relief company was unable to deliver. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. We appreciate you recommendation. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I had a whole bunch of accounts that I couldn't take care of because my husband lost his job and he wasn't bringing enough income. I was trying to look for a debt negotiation program without having to file bankruptcy. I then looked online and that's when I found the CountryWide. I went with them because the other company I talked to weren't as professional as them. Their whole process was so easy and it was convenient for us because with CountryWide, we only had to pay $369 instead of $1,000. Aside from the fact that they were able to settle, they saved us a lot of money. When I first signed up, my credit score was at 700 and it went down to 400. They did warn me about it, but they told me that it would go up after the process.

They were also really helpful throughout the whole process. When I opened the account with them, I did everything through my phone with DocuSign, then they verified with me all the information about the accounts and then I verified with them. They then told me my rights as someone being with the debt negotiation program. I had $20,000 worth of debt and it was all taken care of in less than 3 years, which was the duration of my program. It was really fast and easy. Also, whenever I had to ask for an extension since sometimes 16th wouldn't land on a Friday and that's when my husband gets paid, I would leave a message to my rep, then they would call me right away and take care of the payment arrangements. Whenever I wanted a message from the rep, she responds to me in no more than two hours.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and sharing your debt relief story. We appreciate your feedback, I'm happy to hear our payment plan fit your needs. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program sooner than expected. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I went looking up debt consolidation on the internet and CountryWide popped up. I had some debt I wanted to get cleared up as quickly as I could. I spoke to CountryWide and they presented me with the options. They gave me the most information compared to other companies. They were also the first I was referred to and they had a good rating.

CountryWide said that they could line my debt all up and talk to my creditors and they did. I gave them the personal information that they needed to get it rolling and we set up a payment plan. I also gave them my bank information so they could debit payment every month. They broke the payment down in 36 months and said if I pay this much amount, I will be clear of it in X amount of time and that number was better than all the individual payments I was making. My debt amount was just shy of $10,000 and I paid $100 a month.

I started with them a year ago at the end of October of 2016 and I had finished their program since June of this year. I came in a little bit of money and I used it to pay off the rest of what I owe in the program. The negotiator, Tom, was very thorough. He lets me know what had popped up, what he had found, what he was able to settle, and what he was able to pay on. I didn’t have to do a lot of follow up with him. In the whole eight months, I made four calls to him and he was just on it.

My financial habits have changed dramatically. I’ve made leaps and bounds with my own personal credit and knowing that debt relief programs are out there, it provides a good amount of relief. But it's also enabled me to say I don’t want to have to do that again. Knowing that after the settlement they're available to keep me in my situation has created some peace of mind knowing that if I was ever to be in trouble again, I know exactly what to do instead of letting it go so far. If I had to recommend CountryWide to somebody else, I would send them to CountryWide straight away.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad to hear you found us online and everything worked out for you. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program sooner than excepted and for less. It's wonderful to hear you say "[your] financial habits have changed dramatically." #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was searching on the internet when I found CountryWide and they responded immediately. I wanted to consolidate all my debts and it helped a lot because I'm paying one instead of multiple payments. My payments were manageable for me and the negotiator was very helpful. He always informed me whenever he closed a deal or when he wanted to close a deal, he'd ask me first if it's okay or not. We interacted via phone and email and everything was excellent. I also paid off my debts six months earlier and now, my life is easier because I don't have anymore payments. My money goes towards the savings instead of paying debt. CountryWide was great and the cost was very good.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

It's wonderful to hear our clients share their debt relief story. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program sooner than expected and building a savings plan for your future. Enjoy living an "easier life without payments." #DebtFreeStressFree

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I got overwhelmed with credit card debt and I was with another company that I was really unhappy with. So I called around to different places to see what debt relief would suit my needs and I found CountryWide Debt Relief. They took five different credit cards and they negotiated with the credit card holders as to pay-off and they did a good job. I gave them more information and signed some documents online. And they started to give me some of the credit card calls in the beginning. The previous credit card company had done all the major work in terms of getting rid of all the calls from the creditors. And then I went to CountryWide Debt Relief and they didn’t really do much, it wasn’t really a strong business relationship. They were the holding unit until I was able to pay the whole total off which I did.

Mary, the woman calling out, was really good and I really liked her a lot. She was really spot-on and did a really good job. She called when she said she was going to call and took care of the items that were very stressful for me to take care of. I liked how they provided the legal service for the two credit card companies that tried to sue me so that was awesome. They took care of that really well. I negotiated a payments pay-off so I paid them $25,000, and now I’m done with the program. I was in a really bad place with all the debt and they were able to help pull me out of the other agreement that I had that wasn’t as good. It’s been great working with CountryWide. I remember too many of the low lights just because it was hard, but I don’t have any credit card debts or any incoming credit card anymore. Also, I would tell others to give them a shot and go with them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. As you mentioned in your review, our notes indicate that your initial contact to CountryWide Debt Relief was because you were involved in litigation with 2 of your creditors and the previous company not only would not help you with those accounts, but dropped them from the program. That's horrible service that we can't seem to understand. We don't consider that major work on their part. Luckily you found us and as you saw, through our services we offer, we keep our clients protected when these things happen so our clients don't have to stress. The hard work was getting involved after the fact and securing good settlements on those accounts. We also don't see notes of you letting us know that a creditor was contacting you. Had you done so, it would have been dealt with in the same manner your lawsuits were. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and more than anything we are glad you are out of debt for much lower than our original estimate was. Best of luck to you in the future and we wish a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I had a quite bit of debt from credit cards and did the consolidation with Countrywide, put everything together and then only pay one monthly payment. The CountryWide rep was very good and she did the negotiation. I talked with different persons and they sent me the result stating what's already settled and what they've done. It was worth it and the cost of the service was perfect. I live out a little more comfortable for now and stay away from the crazy things I did before. I appreciate all that CountryWide did for me and I’d recommend it.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and recommendation, we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and living a "little more comfortable" life. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We were very happy with CountryWide Debt Relief. They are friendly and helpful. We got really behind in paying our credit card. We didn't know it went to collections and we got served. I searched for what to do and people said to look for a debt relief program. I typed in debt relief program and CountryWide popped up. I looked at the reviews about it to make sure it was legit and there were some fairly good reviews and nothing seemed too fishy about it then I was like, “Okay, we'll go with it. We called CountryWide Debt Relief and we loved Kosh, the rep we got. He was really helpful and made us feel at ease.

He explained how the program worked. When he sent us the first spreadsheet of what we could offer and how it would work he was so patient with us in explaining whenever we had concerns. When we told him we couldn't afford the first amount he worked with us in meeting our budget. I liked that he was so thorough that there was nothing that caught me off guard about it. He was my go-to if I have any questions and he was great about always responding, like I would have a response the same business day and never going to have to go more than one day without knowing any answer to my question.

At first we kept saying, "We can't pay this" or "We can't pay that." They enlightened us to where we could pay. It made us more aware of our budget, our monthly payments and how to cut off on things. It made us feel less fearful whenever a debt collector called us. At first the collectors would intimidate me and make me cry. But after starting the program I just tell Kosh about it and they handled it.

Setting up our budget paid off. We had two credit cards where we were so in over our heads with but CountryWide brought our score up and got everything paid off. They just took care of everything. We were so relieved to just finally be out of our debt. We've referred them to many people. My in-laws have already started the program with CountryWide a couple of months ago. We're very proud of what CountryWide did for us.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I'm happy to hear you completed your debt consolidation program and built a budget for you and your family. Congratulations on finding relief and choosing to live a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

CountryWide was more persistent than anyone else and they kept sending mails. I started the repayment plan with them three years ago and I finished the program in August. All of them were great. They showed concern and got back with me every quarter or so until it finished. It worked great for me, but nobody ever called me to say that it's completed and what will happen after that. Everything is coming off from the credit bureau and I wasn't sure about the process after I completed it or if everything will come off of my credit now. Other than that, my life had been so much better in the last three years and I had less stress. It was a good investment and I would highly recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you describe say "my life had been so much better in the last three years and I had less stress." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program, as you put it best, "it was a good investment." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

CountryWide was referred by my cousin and the company provided debt consolidation service for me. It was a really easy process as I just gave them my information and they took care of everything. I was pretty frustrated at first because it was a long payment plan. It was 24 months, but I get it. Whenever I needed to pay it later on, they would totally understand and I'm grateful. They also reduced my debt file in half and I finished it quickly. I can manage my credit card better now and I don't use it as much. CountryWide made my life so much easier and it gave me peace of mind. All I had to do was make one payment for all my credit cards instead of not knowing which ones to pay off first. I recommended it to my sister who is now part of it. My experience with CountryWide was great.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad to hear you say "CountryWide made my life so much easier and it gave me peace of mind." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I had a lot of credit cards and I was behind with payments. A friend of mine referred me to CountryWide Debt Relief and signing up was easy as everything was through email, phone call or fax. Their customer service was also great. They answered my questions and if I left a message, they would return my call within 24 hours. They fixed all my payments into one and presented a payment which was $200. They didn’t give me a lot of options with my payment plan and I just had to make it because I had a few credit cards. I'm done paying them already and it took almost three years to settle all my debts. But they couldn’t consolidate one of my credit cards so, they sent me the information to contact that creditor and take care of it on my own. Other than that, everything was good and I was really happy with them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

We are really glad you gave us the opportunity to do a debt consolidation after your friend recommended CountryWide Debt Relief to you. Congratulations on completing the debt consolidation program and becoming debt free. According to our notes, when we attempted to settle your last account, it turned out to be one of your utility companies and the account was current and in good standing so there was nothing to settle and the funds for the account were returned to you with no fees charged to you. Other than that we resolved every other debt you enrolled. We've made a few attempts to contact you about this but hopefully this clears your concerns. Thank you once a gain for the positive review and the kind words. We wish you a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I’ve looked at a couple of debt relief companies but the people at CountryWide were a lot more personable than the other companies that I'd spoken to, so I went with them. The debt settlement process was good. It stopped the phone calls, the nasty grams coming in, it got some relief in the fact that I'd stopped trying to pay all the monthly bills and they came down to one monthly amount that I was paying to CountryWide, and they were out settling the debts. And they gave me an estimate of what they could settle the debt for, which shocked me because it was far than I ever thought that they could settle it for. All in all, it was a good experience. There was a number of phone calls and emails, working with the attorneys. And then, after about four months, it was just a statement each month showing up. Everything fell into place and just went on automatic.

It wasn't until we got down to settling with the final outstanding debt that we had a couple of conversations with the CountryWide negotiator. They would only contact when necessary, which is really good because you don't want to be there thinking about, “Oh, when am I going to get the next call? Is it going to be good news, bad news, all the news.” The cost of the service was definitely reasonable. It stopped the headaches, hassles and the issue of trying to catch up. The credit card companies accelerate the interest rates they have and the only thing you can do is pay the interest and you're trying to pay down the principal. But the credit card companies don't make it easy. Until you get somebody to fight on your behalf, it's going to feel a battle and to some extent, the credit card companies are doing themselves a disservice because if they were willing to work with consumers, then they can get more money. But it's the age of greed factor kicking in.

CountryWide has been very professional did exactly what they said they would do, they were great to work with. The entire experience was very pleasant and easy. I was pleasantly surprised when they said what they could likely settle a debt for. I was like, "Wow! That's a lot lower than I ever thought you could settle it for." So, now, I'd highly recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you decided to work with us and "stopped the phone calls [and] the nasty grams coming in." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for " a lot lower than what you thought we could settle it for." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I was going through a hard struggle and a lot has been going on in my life so I sought the services of CountryWide Debt Relief. I gave them all the debt that I had, they contacted the creditors and they took care of it, then set me up with a plan. The negotiator I had was awesome and he was on top of it. They have a company that takes care of the withdrawal of my payments every two weeks and they would pay my debts off. It took me three years but I’m finished with the program now. If you stay on top of it and follow the program, it works. Their service was great and the cost was fair. My life is better because the stress is gone and I would recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad to hear "your life is better because the stress is gone." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

CountryWide's process was easy. They explained how their process would go, what would happen and what I needed to do. Also, their cost was fair and reasonable. They talk about your income and what you can afford, and so the payment doesn't put a burden on you. Their rep was very respectful, knowledgeable and good and their customer support was great as well. They knew what they were doing. If I didn't understand something, I call them and they explain it to me. And if I didn't reach them, they would call me right back. CountryWide has helped me get rid of some things that were going to take me some time to clear off because I had gotten sick and falling behind. My program was now concluded and it's been a fantastic experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. It's great to hear you had a "fantastic experience." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I had an excellent experience with CountryWide Debt Relief. The cost for the service was reasonable, they took care of business as promised and they were really helpful. The attorney's office sent out letters and we were able to settle with mostly everybody ahead of schedule. The negotiator was respectful and the customer support kept calling me to give me updates, and I was impressed by that. I'm now complete with the program and I'm satisfied with the service. People should go for CountryWide. It was painless and effective.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review, I'm happy to hear you describe our debt consolidation process as "painless and effective." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We had an issue with Ford Motor Company and CountryWide said they can clear it up for us. They're the first one to say they could help us. They worked out a deal where it lowered our debt with the Ford Motor Company, and we paid them on month by month, then they closed the issue out for us. It saved me some money and time. Everything got taken care of and we're in a better position now. The cost was reasonable too. I appreciate that Countrywide helped us out when we were in a bind. They did what they said they would do. So, I'm happy.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for calling us to take care of you Ford Motor debt and "get you out of a bind." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program, you are now "in a better position." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was stressed of all the calls and all the letters that I received. I was also getting served so it was plain crazy. I was looking through a lot of paperwork ahead and had to submit letters to courts. I couldn’t do those things so I looked into debt relief. I walked into the CountryWide office and told them to pull up my history of everything that I owed. I also told them that I couldn't settle my debts since I wasn’t working. They got me into a payment plan which worked great for me and helped me talk to my creditors and stopped the harassment. I only spoke to their staff once when I got into the program and made me sign all those paperwork. They told me they were going to take care of everything and they did. They were very nice and perfect. Every single time I had questions or concerns, they would answer and pick up my calls.

The major part is that they helped me get out of debt which I've already finished. I was expecting the program to take three years and a half but it took a year and a half instead. They figured everything out and I made payments every month. They were the best when it comes to cost in relation to the quality of service I received. The whole team was great. I've already recommended CountryWide to some people. My life is much better now.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy to hear your "life is much better now." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and "relieving your life of stress and creditor harassment." #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My husband and I had a lot of economic issues for a year and CountryWide Debt Relief came to the perfect time. They were like a little angel. They came to me first, talked to me in Spanish, and it worked pretty good. I gave them my information and they worked on all the paperwork. And they told me, "This is what you're going to be paying a month," which was for three years, and that's it. I worked with different people and they sent me emails and we talked on the phone. However, when they finished one account they didn't send me an invoice telling me how much I owed and what I still need to work on. I don't even know how much they got for all the service and I didn't like that, but I had to finish it.

I finished it and I've been asking for invoices to see what I paid for, what they got for the service and what the lawyer got for their service. They told me they don't do that. Then I was like, "I'm the customer and I should have right to have it." But then I said, "Okay, whatever. I just finished it, paid it. And if you got more money than I paid for, good for you. I'm done with you." They're a good service but I'm not recommending them to another person because they don't give information on people's standing. For example, someone has a credit card that owes $3,000 and they settle that with $1,000, that means that someone needs to pay $1,000. The person doesn't need to pay the $3,000. What's going on with the $2,000? I paid more than what I owed on those three or four credit cards. I don't want the other person to pay more than what they have to be charged. It's not worth it.

Dear Marcela,

Thank you for your feedback. Congratulations on completing your Debt Relief program and becoming debt free. On 8/22/2017, we emailed you the requested documents evidencing all the settlements paid to your creditors.

You ended up finishing the program 6 months ahead of schedule due to settlements that were much better than what was estimated when you enrolled in the program. I hope this addresses your concerns, if you have further questions please contact our customer service department via email or telephone.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was in debt and started a program with CountryWide Debt Relief four years ago. They consolidated my debt, negotiated with all the creditors by stopping the interest from all of them and combined everything into one payment. They had a plan for me where I have to set up a monthly amount that I directly deposit into an account they arranged with a third-party banking, and set it aside to make payments. Their negotiator called me anytime they had a settlement or question and they did a good job. The cost in relation to the quality of service was fair. I was in the program for 43 months and now I’m done with it. My experience with them was easy and I can refer my friend to them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for y our review. We appreciate your feedback on the ease of our debt consolidation plan and the fairness in price. Congratulations on completing the program, enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I wanted to bring my credit score up and CountryWide Debt Relief was easy to work with. The gentleman that I talked to always resolved my issues, whatever they may be. I will recommend them to people but their services are a little costly. I got a letter that said everything was being settled and I'm supposed to get a refund. But I was looking for the end results to see where I stand and I haven't got anything in the mail yet. So I don't know what's my credit score now compared to when I started the program.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Debt Consolidation Program. Since posting this we have reached out to you and you have received your refund check and indicated that you were very happy with our services and results. It looks like you completed the program in about half the time we originally estimated to you and that's because our negotiators exceeded expectations by obtaining a few fantastic settlements on your behalf. Our cost is the lowest in the industry and we back that up with price match guarantee in the event someone finds something cheaper. As you witnessed once you received your refund, the program was worth every penny! Thank you for the kind words you posted here and what you gave over the phone to our representative who reached out to you. We wish you a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have overwhelming debt and I needed to fix my credit. I was in Afghanistan at that time. I emailed CountryWide Debt Relief and then I received a message back. Then I set up a conference call and talked with their negotiator to set up a plan. She was professional and courteous. They offered to take care of my debt for a small fee. They said there were some perimeters like if the debt was 10 grand, they could bring it down to as much as $6,500. So we negotiated back and forth.

I had one of my debt pulled from the program because it was very small. It's something that I could take care of on my own. Based on the numbers that they provided before everything was initiated, it sounded pretty good. It's going to take me two years at 320 bucks a month to get where I wanted to be. I started making payments but I could not track my progress because the website was nonexistent. They kept sending me a link to check on the status monthly. I couldn't find anything online so I was a little frustrated with that because I was out of the country and wanted to know what my progress was. That went on for six months.

I got home and suddenly they sent me a letter saying that, because of my request, that they're ending the program, saying I'm debt-free. They sent me a refund check for a couple thousand dollars. I was a little perplexed. I'm in the middle of starting a new company right now because I'm not going back to Afghanistan. So I'm hyper-focused on the launch of this company so I haven't been able to call them to ask them why the program ended so abruptly without my consent. It was a weird ending and I wouldn't highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I had a pretty good experience with CountryWide. I worked with them about three years ago and I was really impressed with the way that they were able to get some of the fees lower. Before getting into the program, I did some research online. I was just trying to make sure that I was in a company with a good rating. And as I worked with them, one main concern was with a creditor who was trying to take me to court and then CountryWide stepped in and took care of that. I didn’t have to go to court and that was really good. I also had a good debt settlement with another company, I didn’t think that they were going to actually do it. My payments were made via automatic withdrawal and eventually, I completed the program. The cost of the service was good considering the quality delivered by CountryWide.

There’s just something I didn’t quite understand with the amount that I actually paid in and then the deduction of the fee that was paid off. I was under the impression that whatever money that was left would come back to me because it was like I was paying into an account to pay out. But overall, CountryWide is a great company and I’ve already told people of my experience and that they should also give it a try.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. We appreciate your recommendation. Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program 3 years ago. I'm happy to hear you found our services to be reliable. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief is wonderful. I went with them because they had great service and were the best one. Others just rip people off. They provided consolidation services for me and they helped me a lot on my need. I paid them out of my bank account. They set up the payment one time, then another time, then a third time to make it on the first or fourth of each month. My experience with their negotiator was very nice and helpful. They were very good people. I already finished the process and CountryWide did a great job for me. If somebody asks me, I'll be recommending them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you found our debt consolidation services to be "the best one." Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program. We appreciate your recommendation. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I had a great experience with CountryWide. They did a good job and everything has been good as far as working with them is concerned.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and feedback. Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was looking for somebody to handle some collections. I had a collection agency who tried to file a suit. I sent Countrywide Debt Relief the court order that I had and they also pulled my credit report and we went through it. Then they took and worked everything I wanted to settle and then paid off everything that I owed. There were two negotiators that I worked with and they were easy to work with and very friendly too. They would either email or call me anytime they had a question. They let me know when there was a settlement then we kept moving on forward if I’ll approve it. It was a very simple and smooth transition. They did everything in a very timely manner and worked in my budget as well. When it was coming to the end of everything, they contacted me if there was any over returns and always sent me a notice. It was very professional. It was a great experience and I will refer other people if they got into any situations similar to mine.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and sharing your debt elimination story. I'm glad to hear your experience with our team was "simple and smooth." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program within budget. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I spoke to three companies and CountryWide was the most responsive. Their negotiators took me through the program and they gave me options. Everything that they told me that was going to happen happened. I also knew exactly what was going on the whole time I was working with them. The service was definitely worth the money and it offered me wonderful solutions. I'm very satisfied. I would highly recommend CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear you are completely satisfied with our services and that we were able to offer you "wonderful solutions." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I had CountryWide take care of some debt for me, and it was a good experience. If I had questions, then they would answer me. It’s pretty much transparent for the most part. Initially, I did not understand how the entire system worked, and I am to be blamed partially for that. There's multiple party involved other than CountryWide. They're the originator, and then they basically hire out other sources. The problem is that the client has different people to contact for different parts of the process. If it had one point of contact, it may have been a little bit more convenient. But in the end, it worked out. I'll recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you so much for the positive review. We're glad to see you completed our Debt Consolidation Program exactly as planned and was estimated to you when you enrolled. All of our work is done in house with the only exception if an attorney needs to get involved for one reason or another. Our clients can contact us at any time to get updates regarding their program or any work that is being done on their behalf. Thanks again for the kind words and we hope you live a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I had CountryWide Debt Relief provide me debt settlement and consolidation services to help me out with paying some of the debt I had. I paid them monthly through automatic withdrawal. The debt settlement process has been easy. I gave them my information and they had all the accounts that I approved that they were going to go for. After that, they would just call me when something was settled. The interactions I had with their rep were easy. He would let me know what he was working on and what he was going to try and do. After he was done, he would call me and let me know what was done. Also, every time I had a question, he answered right away or called me back as soon as he knows the answer. Having CountryWide's services helped me get everything caught up and even cut down a lot of the cost that I have. They were very helpful with every single step. The experience has been good and was better than I expected.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy to hear you found our debt settlement process simple and the interaction with our associates easy. Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program and getting "everything caught up and even [cutting] down a lot of the cost." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I had too much debt and not enough income at the time to pay it in full. CountryWide Debt Relief was easy to deal and communicate with. They were very open and honest. They laid everything I was going to be charged for, from the beginning to the end, upfront so I knew exactly what I was looking at. There were no surprises and the cost was exactly what I expected. I dealt with several different people but every single person I've had the pleasure of talking to was very helpful. Cammy stands out right off the bat and the one I dealt with closing all of the accounts just recently was really cool. But they were all amazing, always answered all the questions and got right back to me about any emails I sent. It was always prompt and wasn't like a waiting game or playing phone tag. That's why I stayed with them and paid my debt off early. Now I'm debt-free so they got me to my goal and everything was positive in my experience with CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy to hear you had a "positive experience with CountryWide." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program early. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My son was the first one who did the debt settlement with CountryWide. Their service is absolutely excellent and we were satisfied with it. The representative went through the process and whenever I have a question, I could call anytime and they always returned my calls. I understand clearly what was going on regarding the debt settlement. The cost of having CountryWide was very affordable and it cut down the usual monthly payment that I should have made and also, the time frame was shortened. They helped me out and I'm already finished with the program. I have more free money now. I recommend that if anybody has the same problem, they could go ahead with CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and sharing your story. I'm glad to hear we were able to assist you and your son. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and eliminating your debt. Enjoy your "free money." #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

CountryWide Debt Relief questions and answers

What problem is CountryWide Debt Relief trying to solve?
Provide debt consolidation help for consumers looking to get out of debt.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
CountryWide is different than the rest because we focus on solving consumers’ debt issues by recommending the best possible debt consolidation option. For consumers with good credit and good income, we recommend a Debt Consolidation loan with the primary focus on reducing the interest rate. For Consumers that have credit challenges, we can offer debt negotiation with the focus on reducing the amount of debt and time required to pay off that debt.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company helps consumers that are overburdened by debt. We provide a plan to help consumers get out of debt within 60 months or less.
How does CountryWide Debt Relief measure success?
We measure success based on the completion rate of consumers that enroll in our Debt Consolidation program. While the industry completion rate is 55%, our company completion rate is at 75%. We do this because we are focused on helping the consumers get out of debt from the beginning of the process to the end. We don’t over promise and under deliver. Our underwriting guidelines are focused on helping consumers get out of debt, not on our company revenue.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
The biggest change in our industry has been the implementation of the Federal Trade Commission’s TSR rule which prevents companies from deceptive marketing practices and unfair fees. We take pride in providing the Best Debt Consolidation program while being compliant with the Federal Trade Commission’s TSR rule.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about CountryWide Debt Relief?
We wish every consumer knew that our Debt Consolidation Program has the highest graduation rate at 75% compared to our competitors' average graduation rate of 55%.

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information