toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get out of debt so I reached out to CountryWide and explained my situation. They told me to meet with them in one of their offices and everybody has been very nice. They explained everything to me, how it was gonna work and how it would affect my credit score. They did all this fast. And during the time that we're doing payments, they would call and see how everything was going and asked me if everything was going the way I wanted it to. It was so easy. My credit score is much higher now and I'm out of debt. In fact, I did my last payment three years ago. Everything went fine and I was thrilled. I would definitely recommend CountryWide Debt Relief.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The interest rates on my credit cards were a little bit too high so I was looking to minimize some of the payments. My sister had a CountryWide Debt Relief program and she referred me to them. Their reps were great. They were all pretty nice and very polite. They listened and were willing to help me out. Everything was positive and CountryWide was pretty good. They helped quite a bit. We’re out of debt now and we're doing much better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It took me at least several years to pay all of my debts. I was being summoned because of my debts and then I got a letter from CountryWide Debt Relief saying, "If you need help settling your debt, we can help." Since I don't think I'm ready for a summon, I tried to do something. I am blind, I don’t work and I only get SSI. I started paying $368.13. That took a big chunk out of my check and I didn’t know how I'm going to pay my rent and everything. CountryWide Debt Relief worked with me and adjusted the price. There was one time when my payment didn’t go through, but they let me go ahead and pay the following month. Then when my rent went up last year, I have to tell them that and they were able to lower it down to $240 instead of $358.

I felt comfortable working with the negotiators. They are very friendly and knowledgeable. They also said that as long as I kept making the payments, the creditors won’t come back at me again. They called me as well to let me know if there was another settlement made by the company. I just didn't feel comfortable with the fact that it took me a long time to do the settlement. The negotiators were pretty good with me. I think they worked with me even more because they knew that I wasn’t financially stable. Overall, people would enjoy the comfort in knowing that the folks here will definitely work with them. They can't go wrong by giving CountryWide Debt Relief a shot, especially if they’re in deep need of help. They won't charge you to talk to them. I would rather go through them than face going to court or pay a lawyer for something I could have taken care of myself and not paying extra.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide helped me clear my credit cards which I wasn't able to pay off because the interest is too much. I used to pay $400 a month. They combined all the credit cards together and gave me a monthly payment and I was comfortable because I can afford to make the payment every month. They gave me two years to pay it off. If not for that, I will still be paying my credit card. I pay the same amount that I owed the credit card company. But everything is finished and I don't use my credit cards too much. Even when I have money again, I buy a little bit. I won't go in that situation again. CountryWide helped me get over it.

Resolution In Progress

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you not once but twice and then for taking the time to give us your feedback. It appears we were able to resolve the accounts that were included in the Debt Consolidation for precisely the amounts that were quoted to you. In reviewing your notes, we did not see any concerns brought up regarding our service fees but did see some concerns you had with your monthly payment being high. As a reminder, the monthly payment is used to pay your creditors and at the time you enrolled we did a careful analysis of your monthly budget to ensure that this was within your means as we do for all clients. As far as our cost goes, we believe our fees are the lowest in the industry for companies who offer similar services as we do. In fact we are 25% cheaper than the majority of our competition. We are so sure of this that we offer any client a Price Match Guarantee that would not only a match a lower cost program but beat it by 10%. The reason we can keep our service fees low is that we have a very high completion rate to our Debt Consolidation Program. The important thing is that your debts are resolved and you are now living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I have dealt with CountryWide before so I went with them again for debt consolidation. The whole process was fine. I didn’t have any problems but their fees were a little high.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My job was slowing down and I couldn't pay my credit card bills, and one of the credit card companies was about to sue me. I got an advertisement of CountryWide Debt Relief in the mail that said they take care of stuff like this. I had no reference to them and I don't normally do that, but I just went for it. My initial try in dealing with CountryWide was really good. I was able to ask for a lower price because I needed help with a couple more credit cards. My being a new customer and finding out about them through the mail might have been what made them lower the price when I asked them if this was possible.

The CountryWide Debt Relief negotiator that I worked with was really nice and helpful. She answered promptly whenever I emailed or called her. The CountryWide program helped me save a lot of money on interest rates. Working with them has helped me with my credit score and with not having bad marks on my credit. They also helped me in going to court. I didn't know how to go through that procedure on my own. They helped me out with the paperwork because I was handed some court papers or subpoenas for my bill and I sent them a copy of my court papers.

I had to make payments to CountryWide, and then after that, they took care of everything else. I would pay them, and if I got any kind of mail, I would email it to them. My payment plan was automatic payment and went through my bank. CountryWide just gave me an amount and I didn't have a lot of choice in the amount. But I asked them to try to renegotiate a balance for me, and they did that. Then my payments ended and my debts were all taken care of. I finished the whole process and I didn't need them again after that. I was impressed with how fast and easy everything went because I had hesitated at first. I was lucky that everything went smoothly. CountryWide was good overall, and they were fast and reliable when I needed them. I would recommend them and tell a friend to try them. In fact, I've tried to tell a friend about the CountryWide debt relief program and I said that this program would be really helpful if they end up getting sued.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I owe some money for credit cards and they were calling me. I reached out to CountryWide for a debt settlement program and I finished it. It was really good and the program helped me. However, the rep kept on saying that they were going to get my credit together and there's nothing wrong with my credit. I owe these people and I just forgot to pay them. And the rates are a little too high. They need to come down because people don't want to file for bankruptcy. The rep also said that whatever will be left after we paid my debts will be refunded to me. So they gave me my refund and that was a good thing. I'd recommend them to a friend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything was excellent with CountryWide Debt Relief and I'm very happy with them. I started with a different company. I didn't even have any lawyer representation and I was going to get sued for one of my customer's Discover card. The young lady at CountryWide told me, "We need to get things going here." So, we did and it's history. I'm now finished with my CountryWide debt consolidation and relief program. I got the house. My lady negotiator at CountryWide was really nice and took care of me. Every time that she needed some information from me, she would call me. It was three days before I had to appear in court for the Discover card, and within two days she had everything settled. Their lawyers took over and I didn't have to go to court. I'm so happy that my sister is doing the program with CountryWide right now. I've sent her to them. She's got a couple more years and she'll be done with her debts.

My negotiator took me step by step in settling all my debts with four or five different debt companies, with the exception of Chase Bank. She called me for the last time on that Chase situation, to inform me that they wouldn't work with her. Chase was my bank and I dealt with those people for over 20 years. They were the only ones that didn't want to get paid off because they didn't want to wait. I called Chase and told them repeatedly, "I'll pay you for my debt. I'm earning $2,000." But the loan officer at Chase said, "No. We'll just put it in your record with the credit bureau and it will stay there for 17 years." After that, they sent me a 1099, which I got. I've taken care of it and I've paid for it, but it's still on my record with the credit bureau. But it's not affecting me because my credit rating right now is about 755.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been served a judgment from a creditor and CountryWide was attached to a local law firm who would represent me in that as part of CountryWide service so I went with them. I was newly divorced and had a lot of mutual debt. I agreed to take some of it on and wanted to wipe it all out in one fell swoop and CountryWide simplified the process that I needed to go through. The people I interacted with were wonderful especially at the beginning but not any less through the process. I still remember the girl's name was Christie, who I worked with in Orange County. She explained everything very clearly, sent me all of the sign up paperwork and called me to make sure I was understanding all of it properly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Working with CountryWide have had a positive impact and their team has always been polite. They helped me get my finances under control at a time when I was going through a divorce and had some unexpected issues going on. It is a big stress relief after all of that has been taken care of.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used CountryWide Debt Relief in the past so we went with them again and we worked out a debt management solution. Their rep did an ACH from our checking account. Overall, it was a very reasonable experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

To get all my debts consolidated and become debt-free, I sought CountryWide's services. They were the first one that came up on the Yellow Pages, and I decided to go with them. They contacted all of my creditors and made settlement agreements. I only had two interactions with the people at CountryWide. The first one was with the intake person to find out how much and who all the creditors were. Then the second was to tell me how long it would be and the steps that they would take with the different creditors based upon the consumer law.

And then, I got the letter saying, “This is what the payment will be to us,” and I made the monthly payment. I was concerned because I haven't heard anything, and they said, “Well, you just continue to make your payments and we're negotiating with your creditors. You don’t reach out to them. We do that for you,” which worked for me. The program got all of my debt paid off within 24 months. CountryWide's service was excellent, and the cost was right. The intake process is what sealed the deal because the first impression is what established the arrangement. Overall, it was a cool experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went online and looked at the ratings, and CountryWide Debt Relief had the best. And then they also had an attorney that was connected, which was so good. They provided us with their debt consolidation program, which we've already completed. I'm a personal person, and I like to directly speak to them. The people at CountryWide didn’t have a problem with that. I was able to keep in touch with them whenever I needed, and that’s via telephone, not just electronically. The cost in relation to the quality of the service was well worth it. My experience with CountryWide was excellent. They are people of their word, and they were consistent with the entire process.

Resolution In Progress

CountryWide Debt Relief

We are extremely grateful that you gave us the opportunity to resolve all your debts with a debt consolidation program at a difficult time in your life when you were being sued by one of your creditors. Regardless if you are current and just stuck in a minimum payment trap or if you have an active creditor lawsuit at the time of enrollment, we relish the opportunity to serve our clients. We are really delighted to see that our debt consolidation program over delivered for you. Our original quote to you was that we would reduce your debts by $37,000 but we ended up reducing them by over $43,000 which put an extra $6000 in your pocket. That's fantastic.

The reason your account balance showed that there was more money than your last debt is because we do not charge our service fees until our work is done. CountryWide Debt Relief never charges a service fee until the accounts are resolved. This really puts the onus on us to perform and deliver our promise to you. As you noted, you did receive a substantial refund check at the conclusion of the program which is always really nice so you not only completed the debt consolidation program early, but you got a large refund as well. We are happy that you were satisfied.

Our notes also indicate that we were in close communication with you during the entire time you were in the program and as each account was resolved. Keeping our clients informed while they are in the program is very important to us so the clients know what is going on. Now that all your unsecured debts are resolved we wish you a happy #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: March 22, 2017

I got served with a court notice for a lawsuit and realized that I needed debt relief help, so I decided to send CountryWide an email. I made an agreement with them and they consolidated everything that I wanted to be taken care of. They then told me the plan, how long it would be and how much would be deducted every two weeks from my paycheck. I'm satisfied with them because they took care of what they needed to take care of and they always returned my calls. Working with them has been good for the most part.

When I completed the program I had about $7,000 in my Global account and the last account that they were going to settle was about that much. Still, they said that I had to enroll in the program for another four months. I said "Wait a minute. That's another $4,000 and we're right there for the payment to settle the account. What do you need $4,000 for?" That was a lot of money and it was almost double what they could have charged me. But, they told me that they'll do this and that and law firms charged a lot. However, the lender ended up forgiving me and even though CountryWide didn't do anything, they still took a nice-sized chunk from my Global account. While they refunded me the rest, I still had to claim that whole amount in taxes when CountryWide only settled a debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide made my debt a little bit more manageable. I had an excellent experience with their reps. Working with them has been awesome and I learned my lesson. I had great communication with them. I'm always able to speak with someone when I call and they're always keeping in touch with me on my case. My experience with Countrywide has given me peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide has always been real helpful. If I ever had any questions, they would get back to me right away. They're good and were able to make things more manageable for me. I have completed the program and I am relieved. My credit's still showing that I was in a little pickle back then, but working with them was definitely a monkey off my back. I would definitely recommend CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide was very firm with me when I called them. They talked me through a lot of things, and what would happen in working with the debt collection situation. They were very courteous, and it was very easy to get a hold of the personnel that was over my account. CountryWide has been a very good help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called CountryWide and I was happy with what I was hearing. So, I figured I'd give them a shot. I did the paperwork on the front end then CountryWide handled everything from there and settled it for me and made payments to pay off my debt. Now my credits had a chance to recover, as soon as we've taken care of that account. So, it's one less thing that I have to worry about. And I'm happy with what CountryWide did.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you very much for taking the time to providing us with your feedback. You are correct in that your situation (which took place about 5 years ago) was rare. We took you into the program with 1 account that was a pending lawsuit in an advanced stage of the collection process. While we fell a little short in what was quoted, it appears we were still able to save you over $4,500 off of the amount you owed the creditor. Without our involvement, these savings would not have been possible. In good faith to you, we waived the entire fee for our services. We value every client that gives us the opportunity to improve their situation and we do everything we can to do what we say we will do. We hope you are doing well and living a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: March 5, 2017

The person I interacted with at CountryWide Debt Relief gave me false information. My situation was once in a blue moon. It rarely happens that the case goes to trial. He told me that no matter what happens, I'll still be paying that much but that wasn't the case. He gave me guarantees that he shouldn't have which ended up being different and apparently, CountryWide couldn't fulfill those guarantees. But everything else is okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my first mortgage with Countrywide a long time ago and thought CountryWide Debt Relief might be something related to the bank. I had too many worries about my business to make sure I stay in business. I'm a sole proprietorship and this is what I live with. I couldn't handle anymore to pay and I had to go work by the hour for a previous company to make sure I have the payments in on time. The staff at CountryWide Debt Relief were really nice and it was so easy to understand everything and to make me trust that everything was going be clear after I pay all with the agreement. Every time I called, they responded promptly. The company was good and fair. They are loyal, trusting and have experience with customers. And just as the way they promised me, everything was right and I'm relieved now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got divorced and couldn't deal with the loans. I was really in a bind so I needed help. I was searching online and CountryWide was one of the things that popped up. I read some of the reviews and I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't have any problems dealing with them. If I had any question, they answered it in a timely manner. Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with them, but all I had to do was send out an email and they got a hold of me as soon as they got time. They told me exactly what was going to happen, what they needed from me, and what I needed to do. They walked me through everything and did everything that I wanted them to do. Everything worked exactly the way they said it was going to. I'm not in debt anymore and have a friend who's interested in it already.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your debt relief experience. I'm glad you reached out to us for solutions which had a positive impact on your life. Congratulations on completing your program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I had a whole lot of debt and not enough money. CountryWide was my only solution to try to get out of it, and it has been a wonderful experience. Every time I called, I explain my situation to them. I faxed over the information that they needed and they corresponded with me as needed. It was delightful, nice, lovely and very pleasant. It has affected me in such a positive way, and now, I am out of debt. They're excellent and everything went smoothly.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and "getting out of debt faster." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I had a lot of credit card debt, so I looked into Countrywide Debt Relief. They did a good job, and they helped me get out of debt faster. It was an easy process, and they did what they said they were going to do.

Factual basis uncertain

I had $23,000 debt and wanted to get it settled. CountryWide was my only option at that moment so I went with it. They made over $4,500 before they even started settling anything on my card. Mary was great but she couldn't go much more than the program offered because she was following the protocols of the business. They charge money up front. Until they don't get the money, they would break it down into monthly payments. Then after they're done getting their money, they start working on something. And that could take up to six months or a year. They took off one late payment on one of my cards but all the other cards were still left as inquiries. So I wasn't happy.

CountryWide is a ripoff. There are late inquiries on my account which already closed a long time ago. It was in 2006 and from $15,000, they settled it to $9,000. Other than that, there are so many other ways to do it. I'm calling the credit card companies on my own. You can go straight to the credit card and then just work with them. They're happy to do that with you. Mary was phenomenal, but the program itself wasn't. I wouldn't recommend the company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At the time, the economy kicked in and a lot of carpenters like me were out of work. Then bill collectors would call me for money that I didn't have so I decided to go and try CountryWide Debt Relief. I did everything by mail and it was hard. I would call about four days before my bill is due and let them know that my payment was gonna be late or if I didn't have the whole payment. They would ask if I could send half and I would make sure half was there. What's so great was that they told me to go to Wal-Mart and put the money on the debit card and they'd deduct it from that debit card.

I was able to pull myself out of debt with them and through that time, they were flexible with me. I was paying my bill off but not under pressure with them like I was dealing with the bill collectors. Then I got a call from Countrywide telling me that I owed them $250. I let him know when the money was gonna be there and told him to send me a paper of completion once it was paid off and I made sure that money was in the account. About a week after that, my paper of completion came through the mail. Working with Countrywide was good and they're great. I kept the package that they mailed so if someone else needs that help, I can always relay that information to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a chance that I was gonna get laid off from work. So, I wasn't gonna be able to continue paying the bills and needed to find an alternative solution. I found CountryWide and my interactions with the representatives were good for the most part. But I wish I would have gotten a little more information upfront like as far as how the process was gonna work and what I needed to do because the credit companies try to sue you because you're not paying them. Also, if I would've known that the bad credit was gonna stay on my credit history for seven years, I might have done things differently. But being able to take care of the debt definitely helped me. I was able to start over financially and start moving forward again. But I can't plan anything new because my credit history is crap right now.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you called our team and "took care of what needed to be done." Congratulations on completing the program, enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I was going through some issues with some accounts, and CountryWide was very helpful. They took care of what needed to be done.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your debt relief experience. I'm glad your friend referred you to us for debt consolidation. Congratulations on completing your program and allowing us to take away your worry. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

My friend had a good experience with CountryWide Debt Relief so I called them to find out if they can help me too. My interaction with them went very well. They were very helpful and they explained how everything works out. I was going through cancer at the time so it made me not worry since they were taking care of everything for me which was good. Overall, they did a great job and I had a great experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm glad to hear you are "back on track" after eliminating your debt and finding deb relief. Congratulations on completing the program, enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I was looking for debt relief help and I was referred to CountryWide Debt Relief. The CountryWide team was great. I physically go to the location in Santa Ana and with the representative, they set me up on a plan and I was on the plan ever since. It worked out well and I had no issues with them. Anytime we needed a negotiator or we came to a negotiation with the creditor, they're always there to guide me. They were always courteous and friendly and always there when I needed to speak to somebody. The follow-up, as far as if I had a question and they had to get back with me, if it wasn't that day, was always the following day. I'm very happy with the outcome working with them and I think we'll be back on track. I would definitely recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you had "great interaction" with our team and found "good relief." Congratulations on completing the program and eliminating your debt. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We've been listening to some Dave Ramsey stuff and we wanted to get completely out of debt. So, we figured we'll try a debt relief program to help us with our process. It was a great interaction with the team at CountryWide and it was mostly via electronic communication, but in the beginning, we had phone conversations with them. Email communication was fast and their follow-up was within a couple of hours at each time. So, it was good. We finished their program and we're completely out of debts. It was great. At the end, I asked for the relief letters or the letters from the different debtors saying that they agreed. CountryWide forwarded me all the information right away and I was very pleased with that. It was a good relief.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you reached out to our team for your debt consolidation needs. Congratulations on completing your program and "saving money." #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

People from CountryWide Debt Relief was sent to my house and it's been a good interaction with their people. I usually do the transaction with them through email but one time I went to their office. Their follow-up was not very quick, and they answer me two days or one day later, but it's okay. And if they've something important, they mail a letter. CountryWide helped me a lot and saved me money.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad to hear everything worked out and " [you're] free, feel better, and doing better." Congratulations on completing the program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I had a lot of problem with my credit card so I called CountryWide to see how they can help me. It was very helpful every time I called. Everything worked fine all the time when working with them. I didn't have any problem at all. Now, I'm free, I feel better, and I'm doing better. CountryWide has been a lot of help.