Call toll free
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CountryWide Debt Relief has over 30 years of combined experience in helping people find the best debt consolidation option. Contact us for a free consultation to see your Debt Consolidation Options. Credit is not required to qualify.

*Debt Services ONLY available in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Michigan, New York, Virginia

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

425 CountryWide Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Working with CountryWide, I was able to settle my debts within two and a half years, instead of the original three and half years timeline. They helped me quickly when I came to them, and everything went as planned. They were efficient with what they did and they were willing to work with me, especially to make sure that everything can get handled in a timely manner. And I was comfortable working with them. They were friendly and whenever I had questions and I left a voicemail for them to call me back, they got back to me quickly, within a day or two. Then if they didn’t have the answer for me upfront, they got someone who can answer the questions for me. If I had a question about either a payment or adding or discontinuing one of the debt collectors, they were able to look it up and see if they were still in business or they were willing just to settle upfront.

They also worked with my income and with my payments. They weren't trying to get more than what I could pay. If I was short on a payment, they would help me out and add it to my next month. So they weren't too strict, and they were lenient with my payments. And then within a year, my credit started to go back up, that I had more opportunities to get things under my name without having to think of being late on a payment or having something in debt or nothing paid. It helped a lot. It does show up as a charge-off account on my credit, but that’s better than just not paying them at all.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Working with CountryWide was good, fairly simple and very helpful. I had a car that went to collection and after getting CountryWide's name from an advertisement, I immediately went there. They were the one that I read and I felt comfortable with. Also, it was nearby. They helped me with everything because I didn't know where to go, and they were able to answer all my questions. They were also trying to help me with other debt that we had at the time, but I just wanted to focus on one. I didn't feel pressured into having to do more or less, but they always advise me if I needed more help that they would be there. They gave me a breakdown of everything else, too. I got an email that said they're gonna be sending me a refund. I had already completed the program and the creditor was satisfied. So, there was a refund coming which was a pleasant surprise.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We were a little nervous about going into CountryWide because we had heard some horror stories about these kind of companies. But they took care of us, they helped us get out of debt, and they were great. In the beginning, we had a lot of interaction with them. Later on, we didn’t hear much from them, but everything went as planned and as they had said it would. We talked to them about what we thought we could afford as far as the monthly payments, and they worked around that and helped us figure out a plan. It worked out perfectly. We had a few things we needed to discuss with them a couple of times, and they were always responsive and easy to get a hold of. I would recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you Julie for sharing your debt relief story and recommendation. I'm glad to hear you found our services helpful and our team responsive. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I had a couple of bills that needed to be paid off. I called CountryWide to see how it would work. I worked with Antonio and I had a phone number where I could get in touch with him. Anytime I called or had a question, he was available. We went back-and-forth with one of the bills, but it was because of the company. I'm now done with the program and I was really satisfied with the service as well as its cost. CountryWide has taken off a lot of stress from me and now that everything is paid off, I'm good. I have given their number out to other people and I told them that it worked for me. I had a very good experience with CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your "very good experience" with our team. I'm glad to hear you were "satisfied with the service as well as its cost." and "CountryWide has taken off a lot of stress from [you] and now that everything is paid off, I[you're] good." Congratulations on completing the program. Enjoy a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I had listened to a radio station and came across CountryWide Debt Relief. I decided to call and find out exactly what they do, so I got more information from them. I had my own counselor and I didn’t have to deal with everybody else, which made it very easy. My counselor and I talked about the timeline, but I understood that the process sometimes takes a little longer depending on which creditor we were dealing with. I got a rough estimate and I knew that it would take some time because it’s a process. I liked the first counselor. He was very helpful and whenever I called in and had questions about things, he got the questions answered. If there was any progress, he would call me or send me an email letting me know what was going on.

I knew when he had spoken with the creditors. He was sending me information and letting me know that they were contacting them and working on a settlement at that time. And as soon as that was completed, he would let me know. If I didn’t hear from them, I knew it hasn’t been completed yet. On the other hand, there was not much interaction with the second one unless I called.

The payment plan that they set up for me was easy to manage and I didn’t have any problems with it. CountryWide was really good. They explained everything upfront - how much it would cost and how often they would take the money out of my account. If I have creditors, I would have several deals, but I had that one deal with them and I told them to pay it faster. CountryWide simplified the solution and that was what I was looking for. I wanted to get the money back to the creditors, but I wanted to make sure that I didn’t have to hear anything from them and I would only be hearing from CountryWide, and that was what they did. They sent the creditors letters to let them know that CountryWide had the accounts and that they were the ones working on it.

I’m done with the program and it was nice because when you are going through life’s crisis, you find that your creditors aren’t very sympathetic with what you’re going through. They don’t care and the bottom line is money. I wanted to get the problem done that’s why I contacted CountryWide. I also wanted to make sure that the creditors got their money. I always paid my bills, but I had a crisis in my family where I almost lost my son, so I had to stop working. When I explained that to CountryWide, they were really good. They said that they would take care of it and would help me through all of that, and they did. Everything that I needed to be done, they got it done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

When my husband passed away, all the interest on the credit cards was more than I could handle. I liked the way CountryWide treated me. There were a couple of different people that I talked to but I didn’t have to work with one certain person. They all took care of me and they were able to assist. They were very above-board, let me know what everything was and sent me mail to let me know what was paid off. So, it was really good. They asked me what I was comfortable with regarding payment and I paid a monthly sum. Cost-wise, I was very much satisfied. I'm all finished and I found the experience very good. CountryWide got me out of debt and got me back on the road where I can enjoy credit again. Without my husband, I didn’t have the income, so I was a little more aware of what I could spend.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I want to fix my bad credit and pay off my debt. I'm making one payment with CountryWide and I let them deal with all of the lawyers and the phone calls. I'll be able to rebuild my credit, too. Everything is sort out but I’m not too satisfied with the quality of their service. They were flexible when it comes to payments, but they need to be more visible to their customers. They never reached out. It was me reaching out to them instead of them reaching out to me. But they were okay on the callback. CountryWide will help you pay off your debt. You should go with it.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I lost money in the stock market in ’02 and then again in ’08 because it was invested through our company that we retired from back in the Midwest. CountryWide was great. They helped me with my credit card and it was all done over the phone. They got with my credit card companies and they tried to reach an agreement with them for either 40%, 50% or 60% of what I owed and they were able to get all the companies to settle. There was one that didn’t wanna settle and it took a little longer.

I sent the information to them and I really never ever called them. I just started sending monthly payments in and I never missed any. They sent notices after a couple of years or whatever was paid off. They always let me know where I was standing. I’ve been done with the program for five years. I was happy with everything they did. They made things better for me because on credit cards, I was making about $800 a month payments and I could cut it to where it was cut down to like $400 over a three-year period. Everything went smooth and I would recommend them. It worked well for me.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Hello Charles, thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. Congratulations on completing your program by allowing us to negotiate on your behalf and settle your credit card debt. I'm happy to hear our plan allowed you to make half the monthly credit card payments your were making. Enjoy living a #DebtFreesStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I had a lot of debt and I lost my job. So, I couldn’t pay everybody. The person from CountryWide who helped me explained it to me carefully and he understood my needs. They asked me how much money I make and they put together all my accounts and they came up with $1,000 a month. They choose to settle whatever will be the most for the year. So, it may be less, depends on the settlements. They said normally 50% less, sometimes it’s full, sometimes it’s a fixed fee. Every time they set all the payments, they sent me a letter. They keep me updated with the information about the automatic account and every time I needed to talk to someone or have questions, they would answer the phone, then they would get back to me.

The program was for four years, I’m now done with it and it only took me three and a half years. It was a good experience working with them. Since then, I don’t like to buy on credit anymore. If I spend something, it gets paid off the next month because I don’t wanna make the same mistake, it wasn’t easy for me to pay $1,000 a month. They’re really great. I recommend it to friends and family when they need to solve these kinds of issues.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt relief story Fatima and we appreciate your recommendation and referrals. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program, I' happy to hear our team was responsive and understanding to your situation. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We had bills quickly piling up after having an accident, so we needed debt relief services. Compared to other companies, CountryWide was more reasonable, talks to you and makes you feel comfortable, so I didn’t take too long to make a decision to go ahead with them. My life has been a lot better since I did, I don’t have to be struggling to pay all my bills.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear Damion, thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. I'm glad to hear you decided to move forward with a plan and your "life has been a lot better since [you] did, [and you] don't have to struggle to pay all [your] bills." Wishing you continued success. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I had a number of credit cards that I needed to take care of. The other company was charging a lot more than CountryWide did. CountryWide took all of my debts and consolidated them. I made a monthly payment and they paid off each one as they received money. I'm finished with it right now. They took care of everything off my account, but the one thing I found when I've been trying to refinance is they have charge-offs on there and it affected my credit. Even so, Antonio, the rep, was good. He would call me back promptly. Also, after two months, I got the cost of the service lowered and CountryWide extended it out a little bit.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Hi Jacqueline, thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. I'm glad to hear Antonio was helpful. Congratulations on completing your program and living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was in debt and needed to consolidate and pay down with just one payment. I had used CountryWide's service before and it was pretty good, so I chose to go with them again. When I did the setup, their reps were very helpful. They walked me through the process, what they would be doing, and how my bills would be paid. We lifted out what all my different creditors were and CountryWide contacted them all and let them know that CountryWide would be paying instead of me. CountryWide paid all the debt and then, I paid CountryWide.

Anytime I would call them, they would call or email me back and they would always let me know what I needed to do. Also, they counseled me to not open up any more creditors. The program took four years and it made me more aware of how I should be managing my credit and how to stay on a good path with it. Overall, I had a good experience and if they’re still around and I need their assistance again, I hope I can work with them again.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear Jason thank you for sharing your debt relief story and returning to Countrywide Debt Relief. I'm happy to hear "the program ... made [you] more aware of how [you] should be managing [your] credit and how to stay on a good path." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had few personal loans and a bad credit and CountryWide Debt Relief was very helpful. I called a few people before them and they're the only people that gave me a hand when I needed it. I couldn’t take one more stress and when I called them, they opened a window for me. My life started changing. They would deal with all the payment and the creditors. I'm already over with the program and if I needed to go back to them, I will. Also, the person I worked with was very professional. He helped me a lot and he speaks my language. He gave me his cellphone so when I asked a question, I just call him and he was there to answer the questions. He was on the line.

In the beginning, they calculated the expense that I have on rent, food, and everything. That was the way they came up with the payment that I was gonna pay and they were gonna make sure that I have enough money to all my utilities and all my expenses. Every time they closed account, they would always keep me updated or they'd call me and they tell me everything like what they were gonna do. CountryWide is one of the best company.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear Candelario, thank you for sharing your debt relief story and experience with our team. It brings me joy to hear you say we "opened a window for [you]." And "[your] life started changing." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy a life that's #DebtFreeStressFree.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I knew I needed debt relief when I couldn’t pay the bills. CountryWide was the first one I called, they took me so I didn’t try anything else. They were fantastic with me. I was panicky when I first called them, but they settled me down and worked with me. I felt very comfortable. I was in the program for 12 months, which wasn’t as long as I thought it was going to be. Also, the monthly payments fit my budget. I got a monthly statement on the internet every month that I could go in and check. After two months, they sent me a letter, and they had it broken down to how many months I have left. I never missed a payment to them. I had to call them and tell them that I’m gonna pay later. I always make sure the money was there, that it was automatically withdrawn from my account every month. Since working with CountryWide, I am now debt free and I won’t ever have any more debts.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you Lee for sharing your debt relief story. I'm happy to hear you felt "comfortable" with our team and "the monthly payments fit [your] budget." Congratulations on completing the program and living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

CountryWide helped me out. They sent me some information through the mail and they wanted to know if I wanted them to help me, so I called them. We got on right away. I had a three-year contract with them. I had about four five accounts that they had to settle. I paid that off in three years. I was paying $565 a month. I worked with Christy and she was very nice and helpful. CountryWide got me out of debt. I'm all current with my bills and I’m very happy. I would recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Hi Ambrocio, thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. I'm happy to hear we "got you out of debt." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 30, 2018

My credit cards were getting maxed out and I needed help to get 'em paid off instead of just paying the monthly fee. CountryWide was the one that came to me in the mail that day, and I called them. I got things through the mail and they would tell me to send it to them, which I did, and they handled it. Sometimes, I called who I thought was my agent and he would get changed to somebody else. The payment plan was difficult, but for the most part, it worked out great. They made it easy for me to stop using the credit cards and pay them off, and to this day I don't have a major credit card. The program took over two years and now I'm finished. I felt very comfortable as I was very pleased with them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. I'm happy to hear you "felt comfortable" with the program and "found it easy to stop using credit cards." Congratulations on completing your program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I decided to go with CountryWide Debt Relief just from talking to the guy when I initially called in. We've been contacted by one lawyer for over one bill. So between them and Higbee & Associates everything was settled and taken care of. The enrollment was super simple and we're now done with the program. I only had to speak with one of them and at the very end, we had one bill that we couldn't figure out where it was. Otherwise, the only time that I would hear from them was whenever they had received the settlement offer and they just shoot me an email to see if I wanted them to try some more.

The communication was perfectly fine. I'm not too long-winded. If you've got an offer, just send over the details. If I agree with it, I'll tell you yes or no. The process was relatively simple and painless. Plus I didn't have a problem with the cost. It was a 20-something-dollar a month service fee. And then you get the Higbee & Associates to work with you. That's all included. The only thing is they didn't mention anything about the hourly fee for Higbee, for the worked performed up to that point, once you pulled out of the program. But they did include that on the second documentation, which was just an update of the initial doc. It was 300 bucks an hour. Other than that I never had any issues. They always responded promptly whenever I would send them something. And I now have more money.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. We appreciate your excellent review. I'm happy to hear you found our program "simple and painless." Congratulations on completing your program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I had some debts and I couldn’t pay them, and my creditors wanted to sue me. A card of CountryWide Debt Relief came in the mail and I called and asked them if they could help me, and they talked to me and said that they could. I like CountryWide. They treated me really well. The whole program to pay my debt off took me three years and I completed it this year. I was gonna send them money, but they sent it back to me. They said that my program was completed. They wanted me to write a letter, but I never did. I appreciated that they did me a good favor and I wanted to thank them really bad. If I have to use CountryWide again, I would. The cost for their service was good. I was told to pay them and I paid them fast. If people come to me and say that they need a debt payoff, I’ll tell them to go to CountryWide Debt Relief.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you Jessie for your excellent review and recommendation. We appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program earlier than expected. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 27, 2018

When my credit cards with Capital One had served me papers for court suing me, I tried to be adequate about protecting my credit and my name and reached out to CountryWide. I looked at it as consolidating what was showing up on my TRW and they were able to assist me. They helped to relieve the phone calls and get the debts resolved. The negotiators I worked with were cool. They answered/returned my phone calls and their customer service, overall, was excellent. I was a little iffy at the beginning but then I noticed that the phone calls went away, the mails stopped, the things with my credit score seemed to go up, and I would get the notifications of what was paid off so after three months my confidence was a little bit stronger and felt like it was working and doing what it was supposed to do.

The cost in relation to the quality of the service was okay, but there was one time I had a financial situation and I wanted my payment to be lowered. I was told that if it was lowered, then it could possibly pay the debt off later than the expected time. They gave me a timeline of two years to finish the program and I had to grind it out with the payment that I was paying until my debt was over. It was a great relief and I would suggest the next person to possibly do a little bit more research before jumping in with something to see if there's something else out there that might be a little bit more affordable. The two-year plan and the payment was long for me and anything could have happened which would increase my debt. I just had to jump into it because I was under the gun and the clock was ticking for me.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you were "confident" in our debt consolidation program and found our customer service excellent. Congratulations on completing the program and finding "relief." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I needed a debt relief company and a friend of mine gave me the company that she was using which was CountryWide Debt Relief. I enrolled in their debt consolidation program and I had to give them all my accounts with the account numbers and a valid phone number so that they could take over everything. After that, they told me to stop making payments so that they could start settling with the companies. Their reps would email us and we'd contact them if we had any questions. If we had anybody harassing us, we would just give CountryWide the lawyer number associated with the account. Moreover, they'd take care of any legal proceeding and I didn't have any debtors or creditors calling me. They would settle and pay the accounts. Then CountryWide would send me a letter saying everything was settled. When things were being paid off, I'd get a monthly statement until I was finished.

There were times where we called and they didn't get back to us in a timely manner so they should work on getting back to their customer. Other than that, everything has been smooth. The cost was a little high, but because we needed to get things taken care of, we were at a point where it didn't matter. All things considered, it worked out. CountryWide was great. They settled all my debt and took care of everything for me 100%. Originally, they said it would take three years, but we did it in two and a half, so we're happy with that. There are a few things they should work on but I'd recommend CountryWide Debt Relief.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story, we appreciate your feedback and take your suggestions seriously. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program sooner than projected. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 18, 2018

CountryWide was reliable and they gave me good information. They didn't sound like a scam, and I was able to talk to the people hands-on and that made me feel comfortable. And they followed through with everything and everything's cleared up. They gave me documentation to show. I had a direct deposit out of my bank account for the payments and that worked out really well. I had a really good experience. There was only one thing from Capital One that they really didn't clear. But other than that, they cleared all my stuff and my credit score went up. I would highly recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your awesome review. I'm happy to hear you describe our team as "reliable and followed through with everything." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 17, 2018

CountryWide's enrollment process was easy, and I was impressed with our negotiators' knowledge in what they were doing and they made everything super easy to understand. The only thing is CountryWide would always take the payment a little earlier. The payment was due on the 10th of every month and they would take it out two days before. But other than that, everything went smoothly. They cleared up all the debt that I had and they helped me clear up a bunch of collections so it went well. And I just finished last month with them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your excellent review! We read every review and appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had medical bills so I sought CountryWide Debt Relief's services and the cost was good. I just paid every month. But I had a few questions so I called them and nobody ever called me back. It took three years to finish the program but now, I don’t have any debts. I would tell a friend to give them a call and see what it’s all about if they ask about it.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. We appreciate the referral. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I got in touch with CountryWide Debt Relief and the settlement process was simple and straightforward and all the paperwork was easy. I needed some relief due to credit card issues. They did good in negotiating, too. It was reasonable, believable and wasn't something that was far-fetched. They worked with me on getting the amount and the time. The less I paid, the longer I'd be paying and the more I paid, the less time I'd pay. I would have liked getting a breakdown of what they have paid and what was left because they didn't send me a statement. They told me everything was in negotiations so, they couldn't give me an exact bill. An actual bill or a straight-up invoice would have been helpful so I know exactly what I'm looking at and I have something to look forward to. But I got a high outcome, so I'm happy.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt settlement story. Congratulations on completing the program. We'll have someone reach out to you to review your final settlement statement which was emailed and mailed to you at time of closing. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree

Original review: April 6, 2018

CountryWide Debt Relief said they could help me. I enrolled and it was easy, and they did everything for me. I really didn't have to do anything once I put the requirements in there. They helped me with the payment plan and I'm saving a lot right now because I have a case. I filed a lawsuit to some companies and it cost me a lot of money. I'm saving for court fees. Some companies had done me something very wrong and I filed a lawsuit. I am the plaintiff and I have to borrow a lot of money to get me a paralegal. And with CountryWide, I'm paying only $373 instead of paying about $1,500 and $2,000 a month. I'm very satisfied and I will recommend CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your awesome review and sharing your debt consolidation story. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. I'm glad you found our program easy and our team accessible. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: March 8, 2018

It was my second time going with CountryWide to help me and they were excellent. The experience with them was good and the guy who helped me treated me nicely and helped to get relief. They worked with me on my payment plan and it was good since at least, I could afford to pay. I'm very satisfied with CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for reaching out to us again. I'm glad our payment plan was affordable and allowed you to eliminate your debt. Congratulations on completing the program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: March 6, 2018

When I lost a job, I got behind financially and I couldn't catch up. It was getting worse and I even ended up getting court action. I decided I needed to do something at that point and my attention was caught by CountryWide’s advertising on the radio. I gave them the information on what the debtors were and they solved the problem for me. They contacted all those debtors, consolidated all those debts and made arrangements. They told me how they would structure the program and what I would need to make available each month in order to pay the debts off in a set number of months. It was direct out of my check on a certain date each month and they simply paid my debts one at a time until it was satisfied.

Their negotiators were personable as well. They showed genuine concern to help me get through this and gave me some positive outlook that it was going to be okay. They assured me that the debtors were contacted and that every arrangement was made for how the payments would be made. Things worked out exactly the way they said it would and everything was perfect. The cost of the service was of no consequence to me either. I was just relieved in not having debtors call me and in knowing that things are being resolved. CountryWide has improved my credit score immediately although I’m still waiting on a couple of things to clear up from it and it can take time.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. I'm glad our team was there to help you out by providing relieve, eliminating debtor calls and getting things resolved. Congratulations on completing the program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Prior to getting CountryWide Debt Relief, I had called one company before, but they gave me a runaround. They were not definite on when everything would be over and they said they couldn’t handle some things. When I called CountryWide, they ensured me that they could do that, they would try to make it as cheap as possible and they didn't give me a runaround so, I went with them. The cost was fair and the service was really good.

The negotiator was reassuring and I felt really comfortable working with CountryWide because he was really nice to me. He told me to simply go along with the program, do everything right and make sure that the money is there so I won't fall behind. The payment plan was really good. He didn’t put any strain on me and it was easier because I was paying less than what I would if I was paying all the debts at one time. I fell behind once and they were understanding. They were also straightforward and did everything that they said they were going to.

The negotiator said that in about a year, I'd be through. Everything was dropping off one at a time. He told me I was closer to being debt-free and then, it happened in the month that they said I would be debt-free. They told me to simply take care of that and try not to get into any other debts. I followed everything they said and everything happened just like they said. I'm through with the program now and they even sent me a refund check for overpayment. We have more money left over and I can handle things now. I recommend them to anybody. I gave a couple of cards to a couple of people that I know and I also told them that CountryWide is a good company. Do everything that they say and you will be debt-free.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you Samuel for sharing your wonderful debt consolidation story. I'm glad you called us and followed the plan. Congratulations on completing the program as scheduled. I'm happy to hear you say "the cost was fair and the service was really good." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I had probably $15,000-$16,000 worth of credit card debts that my husband and I had, and he passed away. I tried to keep up with payments, and I just couldn't, so I got really far behind. I had a house that was a rental property. I had a mortgage on it, and I was hoping to remodel it and move into it myself. However, my credit wouldn't allow me to do that, but CountryWide and I got it fixed anyway. The debt settlement process went fine, and anytime I had any questions, I called the negotiator and he talked to me. We agreed on the cost of the program, and they did what they needed to do.

CountryWide also worked with me on my payment plan options where I could afford it, and the negotiator did exactly what he said he was going to do, and he did a good job. CountryWide got a certain amount out of my bank account every month for two years, and every time I would get one card paid off, I would get a phone call and a letter in the mail from them, letting me know that this account has been settled and I'm done with it. I’m finished with the program now, and my credit score has improved. I already have recommended CountryWide, and I gave the number out to a couple of people and told them what the company did for me. Call CountryWide and see what they say. If they can help you, they will, if they can't, they won't.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you Nancy for your excellent review. It's wonderful to hear from our clients and their debt consolidation experience. I'm glad you found our team in your time of need. Congratulations on following the plan and completing the program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I wanted to get over my debt, consolidate everything and have one lump sum payment on a monthly basis versus paying the minimum payment on every balance that I had. I did my research and looked at several websites like Credit Karma, Google reviews, and Yelp reviews. Everybody recommended CountryWide Debt Relief and they didn’t have any issues. I called CountryWide to ask basic questions and about how it works. Then it took me a few days to call them back and give them a thumbs-up to move forward. They heard what problems I came in with and they had a solution for it.

The gentleman that helped me out walked me through every single step and told me what to do from the beginning all the way to the end, and everything was taken care of. He explained to me what accounts were going to be a priority, what were easy to take care of and which ones were going to be the more difficult one to deal with at the end. We talked about how long I would like to take to get this taken care of -- if I wanted a short-term or a long-term depending on my budget. I wanted it to be dealt with as quick as possible so I chose a 3-year plan. It fit my budget and it worked out. I’m done with the program now and it definitely helped out.

My negotiators were also very understanding and patient. I had several questions and I wanted to make sure I was asking the right questions because I was jumping into something very serious and and they took their time in explaining. They weren’t pushy or anxious to close a deal. The whole walkthrough of the process was very professional and friendly. They cared what the customer had to say if I was questioning something and they were extremely helpful.

CountryWide delivered 100% and were always communicating. Emails were sent to me on a consistent basis and phone calls were made to me very often. They would also call me personally or send me an email to tell me that an account was already settled. Everything was documented. I had a couple of questions which took them an hour or two to get back to me which was fine. When I would leave a message, they would call me back within an hour or two and then explain what was going on or help me out in whatever situation I had. So their response was quick.

They gave me an estimated date when everything would be completed and which I agreed on. But they told me I might finish sooner if they could really push the creditors and have a deal with them. They walked through every step with no hesitation and we did finish a couple of months earlier than the estimated date so everything worked out. They weren’t very demanding and they understood everything that I had to say. They also met my budget and the timeframe that I needed it to be completed. I’m relieved that I am debt-free now. It’s a new year and I’ve got a lot of plans ahead. The whole experience was great and if others are in the same boat that I was in a few years back, I would definitely recommend CountryWide to them and let them know that I already did my legwork in researching and CountryWide is the best company to go with based on my research and experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

We really appreciate the kind words, recommendation and most importantly taking time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback regarding the wonderful experience you had while in the Debt Consolidation Program with CountryWide Debt Relief.

At CountryWide Debt Relief, we pride ourselves in really understanding each client's unique circumstances before applying proprietary algorithms based on our past experiences and several other factors to helps us customize unique proposals for each client. As you witnessed first hand, we achieved our biggest objective of resolving all your debts within your budget faster than the time frame we estimated to you at the beginning of the program. This ultimately saved you thousands of dollars.

As far as communication with clients goes, we understand that our clients lead busy lives so we make every effort to communicate with them via phone, text, email and by regular mail. That is why you heard from us as often as you did.

Thanks again for the feedback and we wish you a very healthy and #StressFreeDebtFree life!

CountryWide Debt Relief expert review by Barbara Friedberg

CountryWide Debt Relief is a 30-year-old debt settlement company that educates its clients about options to avoid bankruptcy. The firm is a proactive company that negotiates with debtors, coordinates repayment and teaches clients about improving their credit scores.

• Services: CountryWide provides debt settlement, debt consolidation, consumer credit counseling and bankruptcy guidance services.

• Debt settlement: CountryWide Debt Relief negotiates with debtors to help lower the total repayment of clients' credit card and unsecured debts.

• Debt consolidation: CountryWide Debt Relief helps clients consolidate debt into a single, low-interest loan to lower their monthly debt payments.

• Bankruptcy advice: CountryWide Debt Relief helps clients explore debt repayment strategies to avoid bankruptcy and its impact on their credit histories.

• Debtor communication: Since many people find it stressful to negotiate with their debtors, CountryWide Debt Relief handles all communications with creditors.

• Fees: CountryWide Debt Relief charges a flat, 18 percent fee only after the debts are settled.

• Best for: consumers who want to avoid bankruptcy by consolidating their debts.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg
Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor

CountryWide Debt Relief questions and answers

What problem is CountryWide Debt Relief trying to solve?
Provide debt consolidation help for consumers looking to get out of debt.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
CountryWide is different than the rest because we focus on solving consumers’ debt issues by recommending the best possible debt consolidation option. For consumers with good credit and good income, we recommend a Debt Consolidation loan with the primary focus on reducing the interest rate. For Consumers that have credit challenges, we can offer debt negotiation with the focus on reducing the amount of debt and time required to pay off that debt.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company helps consumers that are overburdened by debt. We provide a plan to help consumers get out of debt within 60 months or less.
How does CountryWide Debt Relief measure success?
We measure success based on the completion rate of consumers that enroll in our Debt Consolidation program. While the industry completion rate is 55%, our company completion rate is at 75%. We do this because we are focused on helping the consumers get out of debt from the beginning of the process to the end. We don’t over promise and under deliver. Our underwriting guidelines are focused on helping consumers get out of debt, not on our company revenue.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
The biggest change in our industry has been the implementation of the Federal Trade Commission’s TSR rule which prevents companies from deceptive marketing practices and unfair fees. We take pride in providing the Best Debt Consolidation program while being compliant with the Federal Trade Commission’s TSR rule.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about CountryWide Debt Relief?
We wish every consumer knew that our Debt Consolidation Program has the highest graduation rate at 75% compared to our competitors' average graduation rate of 55%.

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information