4.79/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

CountryWide Debt Relief

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Good or bad credit, there is a solution to getting out of debt. CountryWide Debt Relief's solutions to getting out of debt range from debt consolidation loans to help reduce interest rates, debt negotiation services to help reduce & settle debt and payment plan options to help manage monthly debt payments. We look forward to assisting you. Remember that the worst option to getting out of debt is not doing anything at all.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 14, 2017

364 CountryWide Debt Relief Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I wanted to bring my credit score up and CountryWide Debt Relief was easy to work with. The gentleman that I talked to always resolved my issues, whatever they may be. I will recommend them to people but their services are a little costly. I got a letter that said everything was being settled and I'm supposed to get a refund. But I was looking for the end results to see where I stand and I haven't got anything in the mail yet. So I don't know what's my credit score now compared to when I started the program.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have overwhelming debt and I needed to fix my credit. I was in Afghanistan at that time. I emailed CountryWide Debt Relief and then I received a message back. Then I set up a conference call and talked with their negotiator to set up a plan. She was professional and courteous. They offered to take care of my debt for a small fee. They said there were some perimeters like if the debt was 10 grand, they could bring it down to as much as $6,500. So we negotiated back and forth.

I had one of my debt pulled from the program because it was very small. It's something that I could take care of on my own. Based on the numbers that they provided before everything was initiated, it sounded pretty good. It's going to take me two years at 320 bucks a month to get where I wanted to be. I started making payments but I could not track my progress because the website was nonexistent. They kept sending me a link to check on the status monthly. I couldn't find anything online so I was a little frustrated with that because I was out of the country and wanted to know what my progress was. That went on for six months.

I got home and suddenly they sent me a letter saying that, because of my request, that they're ending the program, saying I'm debt-free. They sent me a refund check for a couple thousand dollars. I was a little perplexed. I'm in the middle of starting a new company right now because I'm not going back to Afghanistan. So I'm hyper-focused on the launch of this company so I haven't been able to call them to ask them why the program ended so abruptly without my consent. It was a weird ending and I wouldn't highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I had a pretty good experience with CountryWide. I worked with them about three years ago and I was really impressed with the way that they were able to get some of the fees lower. Before getting into the program, I did some research online. I was just trying to make sure that I was in a company with a good rating. And as I worked with them, one main concern was with a creditor who was trying to take me to court and then CountryWide stepped in and took care of that. I didn’t have to go to court and that was really good. I also had a good debt settlement with another company, I didn’t think that they were going to actually do it. My payments were made via automatic withdrawal and eventually, I completed the program. The cost of the service was good considering the quality delivered by CountryWide.

There’s just something I didn’t quite understand with the amount that I actually paid in and then the deduction of the fee that was paid off. I was under the impression that whatever money that was left would come back to me because it was like I was paying into an account to pay out. But overall, CountryWide is a great company and I’ve already told people of my experience and that they should also give it a try.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. We appreciate your recommendation. Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program 3 years ago. I'm happy to hear you found our services to be reliable. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief is wonderful. I went with them because they had great service and were the best one. Others just rip people off. They provided consolidation services for me and they helped me a lot on my need. I paid them out of my bank account. They set up the payment one time, then another time, then a third time to make it on the first or fourth of each month. My experience with their negotiator was very nice and helpful. They were very good people. I already finished the process and CountryWide did a great job for me. If somebody asks me, I'll be recommending them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you found our debt consolidation services to be "the best one." Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program. We appreciate your recommendation. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I had a great experience with CountryWide. They did a good job and everything has been good as far as working with them is concerned.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and feedback. Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was looking for somebody to handle some collections. I had a collection agency who tried to file a suit. I sent Countrywide Debt Relief the court order that I had and they also pulled my credit report and we went through it. Then they took and worked everything I wanted to settle and then paid off everything that I owed. There were two negotiators that I worked with and they were easy to work with and very friendly too. They would either email or call me anytime they had a question. They let me know when there was a settlement then we kept moving on forward if I’ll approve it. It was a very simple and smooth transition. They did everything in a very timely manner and worked in my budget as well. When it was coming to the end of everything, they contacted me if there was any over returns and always sent me a notice. It was very professional. It was a great experience and I will refer other people if they got into any situations similar to mine.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and sharing your debt elimination story. I'm glad to hear your experience with our team was "simple and smooth." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program within budget. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I spoke to three companies and CountryWide was the most responsive. Their negotiators took me through the program and they gave me options. Everything that they told me that was going to happen happened. I also knew exactly what was going on the whole time I was working with them. The service was definitely worth the money and it offered me wonderful solutions. I'm very satisfied. I would highly recommend CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear you are completely satisfied with our services and that we were able to offer you "wonderful solutions." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I had CountryWide take care of some debt for me, and it was a good experience. If I had questions, then they would answer me. It’s pretty much transparent for the most part. Initially, I did not understand how the entire system worked, and I am to be blamed partially for that. There's multiple party involved other than CountryWide. They're the originator, and then they basically hire out other sources. The problem is that the client has different people to contact for different parts of the process. If it had one point of contact, it may have been a little bit more convenient. But in the end, it worked out. I'll recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I had CountryWide Debt Relief provide me debt settlement and consolidation services to help me out with paying some of the debt I had. I paid them monthly through automatic withdrawal. The debt settlement process has been easy. I gave them my information and they had all the accounts that I approved that they were going to go for. After that, they would just call me when something was settled. The interactions I had with their rep were easy. He would let me know what he was working on and what he was going to try and do. After he was done, he would call me and let me know what was done. Also, every time I had a question, he answered right away or called me back as soon as he knows the answer. Having CountryWide's services helped me get everything caught up and even cut down a lot of the cost that I have. They were very helpful with every single step. The experience has been good and was better than I expected.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy to hear you found our debt settlement process simple and the interaction with our associates easy. Congratulations on completing your debt settlement program and getting "everything caught up and even [cutting] down a lot of the cost." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My son was the first one who did the debt settlement with CountryWide. Their service is absolutely excellent and we were satisfied with it. The representative went through the process and whenever I have a question, I could call anytime and they always returned my calls. I understand clearly what was going on regarding the debt settlement. The cost of having CountryWide was very affordable and it cut down the usual monthly payment that I should have made and also, the time frame was shortened. They helped me out and I'm already finished with the program. I have more free money now. I recommend that if anybody has the same problem, they could go ahead with CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and sharing your story. I'm glad to hear we were able to assist you and your son. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and eliminating your debt. Enjoy your "free money." #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I shopped around for six months because I had a lot of debt from unnecessary credit cards and unpaid bills that I didn't pay. I read CountryWide Debt Relief's beliefs and I liked what they stood for and so I went with them. All around, they are great. Whenever I would call, I would be able to talk to someone or leave a voicemail and they'd call me back. It was great because I work on a cruise ship and I don't have phone service five days out of the week. I'm able to tell the reps, "I won't be back on land until such and such time. Can you give me a call then?" The communication was perfect with all the employees I spoke with, and that was one of the things I liked about them.

When I was enrolled in the program and I had commitments that I couldn't make, I would just let the reps know. They just make sure that I was on my payment plan but with some leniency as well. Every person is sweet. They knew what they were talking about and that's what I liked about them the most. CountryWide made my life a lot easier. I wasn't stressed out, wondering if they were stealing my money of if they were actually helping me. I went to bed at night knowing that they were doing their job and I put my trust in them. I refer all of my family and friends to them. If you need debt paid off, they work with you. It was an amazing experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad our team was able to accommodate your time/communication restrictions. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: July 19, 2017

My interactions with CountryWide Debt Relief negotiator were good. They called and negotiated with every company and got each payment lowered, and then they collected $345 a month for me to pay back people. I was satisfied with them. I figured it was cheaper to go with them for the time that they did the debt settlement. So far, they've paid back what I owed. My problem was, I've completed the program with CountryWide and I had paid all my money but they hadn't paid pennies for another company to say that I'm paid all the way through. Now I couldn't borrow any money anywhere to refinance my house because I owed CountryWide money through the debt relief program which kind of upsets me. It is still on my credit report and I would like it taken off. Otherwise, they were great.

Original review: July 18, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief's payments were less than other companies. I went in and they checked out all the creditors that I had. They gave me a monthly payment. They would let me know if I wanted to settle for the amount they agreed on. They were straightforward. The rep would always call, leave messages and ask for me to call back. It worked out just as it would. It took two years to settle and they paid all my debts. They let me breathe better. They were good and they helped out a lot. I would tell my friends to go for it and try them out. CountryWide worked for me so I'm sure it will work for them too.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm happy to hear we were able to help and allow you to "breathe better." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I wanted to get out of debt and chose CountryWide since their ratings were good. I got a settlement program with them which started with signing up and getting all of my credit cards within them. Then they set up how much payment would be due in a month and started taking it out of my account. After, I would get a call or email from the negotiator who'd tell me that they managed to work things out with my creditors.

When I first signed up, I didn't realize that I was supposed to be six months behind on one of my credit card debts so I was sued by that company because of it. I had to wait six months before CountryWide started settling with my credit cards and if I had realized that, I wouldn't have signed up for the program because it put me farther in debt to sign up for it than what I needed to be. But that could've been my fault and the program still worked very well for me. I've completed the process and I'm out of debt now. My interactions with CountryWide's reps were always positive. When I was sued, I was able to call in immediately and got my questions answered.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I signed up for CountryWide's debt consolidation program and the process took a year and a half. The negotiator I worked with was insightful and was always there when I needed him. The CountryWide reps were also very understanding especially when it came to my payment. When my finances weren't right to pay, they sympathized and the cost of their service was doable as they worked around my income, which was great. They settled all my debts and won a case for me. I'm done with the program and my credit score's going up now. I'm also getting a lot credit card offers and loans, but I've been denying them. My CountryWide experience was amazing and I liked it. I will suggest them to a friend.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for review, I'm happy to hear you say "My CoutnryWide experience was amazing." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I wanted to get out of debt fast so I did a search on the internet and Country Wide popped up. I went for their debt settlement program and that was okay. The guy I was working with at first, quit or got fired. So there was another guy I worked with and he was nice. My debt was small compared to other people and they did a fair job throughout. I've already finished their program. I refinanced my house and my mortgage company paid off all my debt. I was only in the program for about eight months.

Country Wide could lower the payment though. I understand that they are working with creditors to get it down lower and I could do the same thing myself because that’s what I did for my other company that was on Country Wide. I called the creditors and they gave me a better deal than Country Wide was giving me. So I took some stuff off. The creditors offered me $4000 lesser than Country Wide. Nevertheless, I’d recommend Country Wide to other people but they should try not to get themselves in debt.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review and to have the confidence in us to recommend us to other people you know. Some say that this is the greatest compliment you can give them and we agree. The Consultant that helped you was still with the company when you called to add a debt but he was on vacation the day you called in so another member of the TEAM stepped in to help. Teamwork is part of our culture and if someone is unavailable, another person will gladly step in to help a client. We're glad you were able to experience this first hand.

As far as settlements go, we were only given the opportunity to settle one account for you and after further review, it seems it was a challenging situation because it was an installment loan where no payments were ever made to the creditor by you but yet we were still able to save you 40% on the balance. Our proprietary negotiating techniques are unlike others and that's why we deal with the more challenging creditors first. We save the easier creditors until after the more challenging accounts are resolved. If you shop around you will find this isn't the case anywhere else. By doing this we keep our clients safe. Our main 2 goals are to keep our clients safe and to get them out of debt as fast as possible. While we are extremely happy you were able to resolve your other accounts, we feel you would have been happy with our results if we were given the opportunity to resolve them for you.

Most importantly, you are now debt free and you were also able to refinance your mortgage after completing our debt consolidation program. It sounds like by doing both of these things, you are probably keeping more of your hard earned income in your pocket. Congratulations and we wish you a #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I let my credit get out of hand. I did some things for my children and I bought certain items for them like cars. However, they failed and couldn't come through so I had to clean it up. That was the main reason I went to CountryWide Debt Relief, aside from when I first got my house, it was with them so it sounds familiar. They gave me the amount that I would have to pay. Once I signed up with them, I just paid about $450 dollars a month for about three years and that was it. When it ended, I wasn't overpaying it but they sent back two month's over payment of about $800. They gathered all of my outstanding debt and they combined them. Then, they gave me credit where I didn't have to pay the full amount. I went to Home Depot and they gave me a $5,000 credit.

I read up on them before I went with them. There were positive and negative and I just went with them and all I had experienced was positive. They're the best. They did exactly what they said they were going to do and there was no hanky-panky. Along the process, they would send me a receipt information saying that, "This particular one is paid to this amount and this is how much more you have to go." They were always keeping me up to date on what was going on. I would say to a friend to go with them. They were a lifesaver. Now my credit is good.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you found our services and consider us "lifesavers." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: July 6, 2017

A lot of people watch out for fraud and rip-offs but my back was against the wall because I wasn’t being very responsible. I gambled when I chose CountryWide. They sent me a letter and I got it in the mail. I was terrified and I didn’t know what was going to happen until everything went into motion. But they worked with my budget and I was always able to afford my payments. The reps walked me through everything. I did the over-the-phone acknowledgment for legal stuff and when I had a question, I did most of it via email. Everything about my experience was on the up and up and I’m trying to buy a house now. CountryWide got me out of a pickle and I’m in a good place. If people come up to me and tell me that they have a pickle, I would happily recommend CountryWide. If there’s a possibility that CountryWide can help, I’m sure that they will.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review, I'm glad we could assist in "getting you out of a pickle." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program, while staying within your budget and living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I had a credit card that I was trying to get paid off. We had problems with the vendors because I was behind on the payments. That brought my credit score down and put a lot of stress on me. And so, I sought debt relief services. I have heard advertisements about CountryWide just before that so I decided to try them. They were willing to accommodate, work with me and help me out, so we got down on my problems. CountryWide helped negotiate my debt and pay off all my cards. We had a set amount that they would draw out of my account each month. Then, CountryWide would negotiate with the lender, get them a set amount then issue a payment.

It was easy to get it done with less stress on me. They were helpful and extremely easy to work with. I had an issue a couple of times where I was a little short on a month. I had to have them wait until the 1st of the month and not take out the money from my account right away. Then they took out two payments, which was fine. They were very accommodating and their customer support was excellent. I was glad to see that somebody was able to work with me. Then they sent me a letter saying the debt was paid off and what was negotiated. So everything has been paid off now.

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience with CountryWide Debt Relief. They were extremely good, very efficient and took care of me quite well. I really enjoyed working with them. Now, my credits are all taken care of and I have no more credit cards. We've completed the program and we're getting back on our feet again. People should try CountryWide if they're having a problem with debt. Working with them was worthwhile.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your debt consolidation story. I'm glad to hear you found "it easy to get it done with less stress on [you]" and working with our team was "extremely good, very efficient and [they] took care of [you]." Congratulations on completing your program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: July 1, 2017

My son used my credit cards and maxed them all out. He screwed me for thousands. I called a couple of the other debt relief companies but I didn't get a good feeling about it. But when I called CountryWide, they helped me walk through all of the paperwork. They took care of my bills and made monthly payments on them. The cost was a little high but you do what you got to do to get out of it. Also, the settlement process was easy and they got all the collector off my hands which I was very thankful for.

The lady who got me on the program was very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with the way she talked. It wasn't just trying to jam something down my throat. She told me all of the things and I like the answers that she was giving me so that's why I went with her. She had a really nice personality and I felt like I was making the right choice. It took two years and I completed the program sometime last year. I've also talked to several of my friends and I gave them all the information. I'm very pleased with CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you connected with our team and eliminated your debt. Congratulations on completing the program and living a #DebtFreeStreeFree life.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I had an outstanding debt and CountryWide Debt Relief was more efficient and a lot cheaper on the monthly fees. They were able to offer me a better deal which was very affordable based on the amount of debt that I had. I completed the debt settlement process and it was really simple. They followed up with me and worked with the creditors. They set my monthly payment plan up and told me what it would be. They allowed me to say which was the best time of the month for them to get the payment from my account because I had to set up automatic deduction. They gave me the option to say if I want it on the 1st of the month, the middle of the month, or the end of the month so that I would be able to make my payments on time. So that worked very well with me. They were able to get some of the amounts reduced so they were able to work out a lot of deals with the creditors.

My negotiator was excellent - very professional and very helpful. He made himself available and I felt comfortable talking to him. He was very knowledgeable about the program and assured me that they would be able to help me with my situation. They notified me every time there was an agreement or settlement with the collectors. I signed up for the email every month and when some money was debited from my account, I got a notification. They kept me very aware of what was going on.

I was very pleased and satisfied with the service that CountryWide Debt Relief provided all the time that I was in the program. I did not have any problem. What I really liked was when I was down to the last payment, they notified me that it would be the last payment. Not only did they call me and tell me that verbally, they also sent the information to me in writing. Then after I made the final payment, I got another letter from them congratulating me. That's what blew me away. I also got a reimbursement check for a good little amount. I will recommend CountryWide Debt Relief and I have recommend them to some people. If I will ever get in this situation again and need their help, I wouldn't hesitate in contacting them again.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy to hear you were "very pleased and satisfied with the service" and found our plan "affordable and simple." It's great to hear clients explain they "felt comfortable" throughout the process. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I received a letter in the mail from CountryWide and I gave it a try. It was at a time when my parent had passed away and it was a big mess. I had bills that were late and when you haven't paid it, then they turn it over to someone. I was receiving a lot of phone calls. But they were able to help me get all my stuff straight. They stopped the phone calls and each month, I made a monthly payment that they took out. The cost was fine when I consider what they did, what I had to do and the fact that I had a lawyer included in the deal. That was even better. They worked to get the amount that I owe cut down and they made it a lot easier. Also, they were courteous. They would call me, let me know what they're gonna be working on and the lady would tell me to hang in there and that it's gonna be through soon. I really appreciate it and I got through with it a little bit ahead of time.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you reached out to us in your time of need and found a solution to your outstanding debts. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I can't afford the monthly payment of my credits. I tried some companies before but it didn't work. They gave me a certain time and I agreed with it. But when the time came, they told me that they need to extend it for another six months. That is after they promised to clear up the issue in two years. I told them to forget it, cancelled their services and used CountryWide. CountryWide works well and I have finished my last payment with them last month. Their debt relief negotiator would call me and let me know if there's an agreement or a settlement. Another good thing is, on my last five months, they gave me a letter saying that I'm almost done. I even received extra money because I paid. Now I'm debt free thanks to CountryWide. I'm happy and would really recommend them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm glad to hear we were a great fit. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life

Original review: June 22, 2017

I was incarcerated and that put me behind my credit card bills. My experience with CountryWide Debt Relief was like a blessing. They helped me get me back on my feet. My negotiator told me not to miss a payment. I had to be on time with some money there in the bank on a certain day. It wasn't easy but I did it. I even had leftovers the next day. The people at CountryWide were also really friendly and I felt comfortable with it. However, I don't really know if they charged me too high or too low. They were the boss and I was the worker. I'm just glad that they were able to help me. I've now completed the program and I'm satisfied with my experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear we were able to "help [you] get back on your feet." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I was behind on my payments in all my credit cards so I went with CountryWide Debt Relief since they gave me a shorter time with less amount of monthly payments. When I first contacted the CountryWide negotiator, he explained everything to me very well about the process. I sent them all my bills and information on my credit. I told them that I was sending the credit card companies the lowest monthly payment that they require. CountryWide added all of those payments that I was making a month and that's what I was paying to the company. So, it was the same amount I was paying but I was getting to a settlement. They handled everything from there. I was in a three-year program. They were in charge of calling all the credit card companies and negotiating with them about getting a settlement.

I received an email every month about how everything went and every time they settle a credit card, they send me a letter to get my approval on all the settlements. Then when I was almost at the end of the program, he called me and explained to me how everything worked. He was excellent and on top of everything. Even though my English is not very good, he always seemed to understand me and help me through the process. In three years, I finished paying all of it with the help of CountryWide. They helped me settle all the credit cards with all the credit companies and I felt relieved. I had a credit of $400 and they sent it back to me in a check pretty quick. I was very happy with them.

There's the fact that I'm not going to get into anything in years but they explained all the process. I hope that within the year, this is not going to be a bad decision. Right now, it was a good decision. I will definitely recommend this company because it was really easy and I didn't have to worry. They discounted the money from my account directly every month. It also went so quick, I can't believe it's already been almost three years and I didn't even feel it. It worked really good.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review and recommendation, I'm happy to hear you say "it was really easy and [you] didn't have to worry." Congratulations on completing your program, eliminating your debt and not having to worry any more. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had a couple of debts that were due and I had seen CountryWide Debt Relief on television so I gave them a call. I made an initial deposit and then there was a payment plan for 18 months. I'm done with the program and they helped me improve my credit score. Countrywide has a great team and they offered a lot of support and directions to help me clear my debt. They were easy to work with, as well and helped me to get payment arrangements so that I could afford to pay all the debts I have standing. Every time I called, they were also able to assist me. The cost was well-worth for the things they did for me. If you need debt consolidation, it would be a great program to start with.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation. I'm glad you found our team "offered a lot of support and directions." [And] "they were easy to work with, as well and helped [you] to get payment arrangements so that [you] could afford to pay all the debts [you had] standing." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I was going past due on some bills and I wanted to consolidate some debt, and I went with CountryWide Debt Relief because of the reviews that I saw online. I had a conversation with them, they quoted me what they were able to do to consolidate and take care of outstanding and other debts that were on my credit report, and told me what kind of process it would look like and how much their fees were to go ahead and do that. They clarified that all within the first phone call. After that, they sent me documentation to sign in reference to what I was gonna expect, what their payment structure was gonna be and how to make those payments for them, so that they can assist with the payment process. They wanted to make sure it was within my budget, that it was something I was comfortable with, and it wasn't going to be overbearing.

The negotiator was knowledgeable, friendly, and caring. They kept communication with either via mail or over the phone with the process of my debt consolidation. And every time that something was taken care of or an action was going to be taken by their law firm that they were working in partnership with or with themselves, they would communicate with me and made sure that I was on the same page and made sure that I was clear and understanding of what I was doing and what they were doing for me. Then at the end they just made sure that if I had any questions or issues, to contact them or to let them know. Just to make sure they got everything that I wanted to get done taken care of. They were the best.

The program gave me a fresh start on reestablishing credit and being able to get back on my feet. Granted the program isn't to erase what's on the Credit Bureau, but it allowed me to get other options down the road after good finance habits were in place and then put me back on track where I wanted to be financially. Good value for my money. If I had to choose again I'd choose them. I've always recommended them to my friends as well.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your story and how our associates worked with you "to make sure [your debt consolidation program] was within [your] budget, that it was something [you were] comfortable with, and it wasn't going to be overbearing." I'm happy to hear you found our negotiator "knowledgeable, friendly, and caring." Congratulations on completing "the program [that] gave [you] a fresh start on reestablishing credit and being able to get back on [your] feet." #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Working with CountryWide Debt Relief to settle my debt has been a satisfactory and painless experience. I had an ongoing bill with Visa that had gone to legal. CountryWide was the first one to contact me. I thought if they can handle my debt then I’ll let them do it. CountryWide looked at all my bills, my mortgage, finances, and what I owed. Then, they set up a payment plan for three years and asked me if that would work. They also explained that it would be directly taken out of my account. They contacted an attorney and set me up with him. CountryWide went into court and handled the case.

It was also comfortable working with the people from this company. They’re also easy to talk to and they explained things well, though my negotiator and I did everything via either paperwork or email. He would send some things to me and then I would complete them and send them back. He’d also call and ask questions. I’ve completed the process. CountryWide helped me resolve the issue of my outstanding debt. They also forced me to realize that, once again, I don’t want any credit cards and I’m not ever going to get one.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for sharing your " satisfactory and painless experience" with our office. I'm happy to hear it "was comfortable working with the people from [our] company" and "they’re also easy to talk to." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The first young lady rep that I talked to was pretty clear and matter-of-fact about CountryWide. She broke it down and told me how it goes. She answered my questions and was able to keep me up to speed on the process and where we were. Then if I had a situation that comes up where I needed to ask, she got back to me within a reasonable amount of time and I was happy with it. I was impressed with what CountryWide said was gonna do. I gave them a range of what and when I could do it. They worked it out and I got a consolidation plan from them. I was able to liquidate unnecessary debt with it and it wasn’t as painful. Everything fitted in the box the way it was supposed to and I don’t have any qualms with the cost. I'd tell my friends to talk to CountryWide and see what they can do. If it works out, then they go for it. If not, they have to look in some other resources.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for taking the time to share your debt consolidation story. It's wonderful to hear how our team performed and delivered on our promise. Congratulations on completing your personalized program; I'm happy to hear you were "able to liquidate unnecessary debt and it wasn’t as painful." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: May 31, 2017

I was consolidating some debt and I had seen advertisements on CountryWide Debt Relief so I went with them. It took three years to complete and I made payments through direct deposit, a withdrawal from my checking account. They did good considering they’re on top of everything. Once they’ve settled with each creditor, they would call me and ask if I agree on the offer. But I didn't see any of my paperwork and I didn't know that after consolidating my debt, I was still gonna pay for the remaining of each debt. Say my debt in one of my cards was $10,000 and they settled for $5,000. Then the other $5,000 is written off to the creditor but the creditor sends it to the IRS. They didn't tell me that I’d still have to pay to the IRS the other $5,000 after consolidating my debt. The IRS took me back because it's considered money.

CountryWide was good but they should have documented and notified me that that can or will happen. I was better off just paying my minimum payment and paying the IRS back than paying that $300 to them to do it. I wouldn’t do it again. And I wouldn't want anyone to go through with what I went through.

CountryWide Debt Relief questions and answers

What problem is CountryWide Debt Relief trying to solve?
    Provide debt consolidation help for consumers looking to get out of debt.
    What sets your company apart from the competition?
    CountryWide is different than the rest because we focus on solving consumers’ debt issues by recommending the best possible debt consolidation option. For consumers with good credit and good income, we recommend a Debt Consolidation loan with the primary focus on reducing the interest rate. For Consumers that have credit challenges, we can offer debt negotiation with the focus on reducing the amount of debt and time required to pay off that debt.
    What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company helps consumers that are overburdened by debt. We provide a plan to help consumers get out of debt within 60 months or less.
    How does CountryWide Debt Relief measure success?
    We measure success based on the completion rate of consumers that enroll in our Debt Consolidation program. While the industry completion rate is 55%, our company completion rate is at 75%. We do this because we are focused on helping the consumers get out of debt from the beginning of the process to the end. We don’t over promise and under deliver. Our underwriting guidelines are focused on helping consumers get out of debt, not on our company revenue.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
    The biggest change in our industry has been the implementation of the Federal Trade Commission’s TSR rule which prevents companies from deceptive marketing practices and unfair fees. We take pride in providing the Best Debt Consolidation program while being compliant with the Federal Trade Commission’s TSR rule.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about CountryWide Debt Relief?
    We wish every consumer knew that our Debt Consolidation Program has the highest graduation rate at 75% compared to our competitors' average graduation rate of 55%.

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information