Call toll free
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CountryWide Debt Relief has over 30 years of combined experience in helping people find the best debt consolidation option. Contact us for a free consultation to see your Debt Consolidation Options. Credit is not required to qualify.

*Debt Services ONLY available in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Michigan, New York, Virginia

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CountryWide Debt Relief helps settle debts of $10,000 and more. Although it is not a member of the IAPDA, the company has a proven track record and can help consumers cut down their debt.

PROS

• Free initial consultations
  • Straightforward pricing
  • 20% reduction in debt or no fee

CONS

• Not a member of the IAPDA

Top CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

07/17/2019

The debt settlement process was good and I've completed the program … Working with CountryWide has made my life a lot better and a lot more stress-free.

07/11/2019

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly … We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over.

What is CountryWide debt relief?

CountryWide Debt Relief works with consumers to reduce their debt. If you feel that declaring bankruptcy is the only reasonable option left for you, you might be able to work with CountryWide Debt Relief to try another solution, such as debt settlement. CountryWide is a member of the AFCC and is FTC compliant.

How does CountryWide Debt Relief work?

CountryWide Debt Relief uses a form of debt relief known as debt settlement to lower consumers’ debt. CountryWide works with many kinds of debts, including personal loans, credit card bills, unsecured loans, medical bills and business debt. The company offers free consultations over the phone to see if you qualify.

CountryWide works with third-party agents who negotiate with your creditors to reduce your debt to a single, lump-sum payment. If CountryWide is successful in negotiating a smaller payment, you pay the company a fraction of the original debt owed. CountryWide’s debt settlement program typically takes between 24 and 48 months to complete.

How much does CountryWide Debt Relief cost?

CountryWide does not charge a fee if the company cannot negotiate your debt down to 80% or less of the original amount. If CountryWide is successful in negotiations, you pay the company a fee of 18% of the original debt owed. If the company reduces your debt by 50%, you’ll pay 68% of the original debt once the company adds its fee.

A typical negotiation result with CountryWide is 45% to 60% of the original debt owed, but results vary. CountryWide does not charge any upfront fees.

Do we recommend CountryWide Debt Relief?

We recommend CountryWide Debt Relief for its debt reduction guarantee, lack of upfront fees and track record of lowering debts for customers. CountryWide’s debt settlement program can provide the route you need to avoid bankruptcy. If you are struggling to get out of debt, consider applying for debt settlement services with CountryWide Debt Relief.

448 CountryWide Debt Relief Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I'm a single mom. I had to get loans then I was behind on my rent, so I was living paycheck to paycheck to pay the loans and the interest. I couldn't afford it and at the time, different people were saying to go bankruptcy but I heard that that's not good. A lot of people were also saying just to leave it alone but I said no. If I did that then it would all come back to me. So, I googled for help with the loan and CountryWide popped up online. I clicked on it, called them, and got some information. One of the people there was letting me know how it was gonna work, what I was gonna do, and what I could afford to. In the end, I reached out to consolidate my loans into one so that way, I could make monthly payments instead of paying all my debts out and going crazy.

It has been an awesome experience because anytime I had a question, I could always call CountryWide and they'd answer. Even if somebody wasn't in, I still got a call back. One time, I missed one payment and I had to call. I let them know that I didn't have the money at the time and they were able to help me even if I just asked them to take it out of my account a little bit late. In fact, they worked with me the whole time I was on their program.

The application was a long process since I was in a lot of debt but it felt worth it because I'm finally completely done. I've learned from my experience and I've grown a lot. I really appreciate the time that they took to help me get where I'm at. My interactions with their reps also went great because when I was done with the process, they called and let me know about it. They kept me updated and when I moved, I still was able to reach out with them to let them know that I moved and that everything was good. I really thank them for sticking by me. My credit hasn't jumped up a lot but to get that notice saying that I completed the program and that there are other opportunities was very exciting for me.

I work with a lot of people who are also single moms and some of us kinda overdo it. So I refer them to CountryWide and tell them that it was the best thing that happened to me. There were people that didn't like the program only because their payment was too high. But I told them that they gotta remember that all of their debts are consolidated into one. You they have to be able to stick with it and be prepared for what's gonna happen. So the program could get you confused in the beginning but when it comes to different parts of it, it's worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We had a rather large debt combining all of our creditors and leaving us of security, so we decided we needed to do something. We did some research and found CountryWide Debt Relief. After looking at other companies, we decided to go to someone that’s local. They have an office in Santa Ana, California so, we chose them. It was a good thing we chose them. I had to fill out certain forms with the information during the enrollment, so it wasn’t as difficult of a process. The difficulty was getting it started because we were under the gun with our creditors. It wasn’t that difficult, however, a little tedious but nothing major.

Most of the stuff was outstanding as it pertains their customer service. They were always available and they explained everything in detail where we could understand what the steps are to take. They kept on top of things and everyone was good. The thing that we appreciated the most was the fact that there were a couple of times where I called and I was rather nervous or a little upset and I sort of took it out on them. But I apologized and they understood. They helped me to remain calm because I was getting calls from the creditors. Mark, Mary, Antonio, and Luisa were the main ones that helped and they were excellent in terms of explaining everything.

The cost seemed a little high. But then, after working with it, the monthly payment was much less than what we had to put forth with each creditor. So, trying to learn how it works, we had to stick with it because long-term, it was gonna benefit us. When we first started, we thought it was gonna take forever. But now, it’s done. We completed the program on November 30th of last year and things seem better. We get a new budget, and so, it worked really well for us, better than I thought. I feel more at ease and know that there are companies out there that do work with you. Also, there was nothing hidden as far as charges were concerned or anything of that nature. We lucked out in going through CountryWide. I’ve shared this with other people within my family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

My bills were starting to be overloaded. I couldn't afford all the payment, and so I wanted to get one big payment and consolidate everything. It was easier for me. I was working with a debt company but then, I got a letter from a lawyer saying I was being sued and they didn't have attorney services. CountryWide happened to send me a letter and said something about attorneys or something to that effect. So, I called them and they offered attorney services and so, I decided to go with CountryWide to help me out. The program they signed me up for was they put all my credit debt into one big lump sum and they had me pay 653 a month. We came up with the payment amount because it was the same amount that I was paying from the other company. The rep asked me if that was okay and if I was able to handle that payment and I said yes. So, we stuck to that payment.

The program was perfect. My credit score went up and nobody has called me and sent any letters. It's all settled. It took a couple of years and the negotiator was really good. That was a nice job and he was really, really helpful. He took his time in talking to me. When I first called in, I was in a panic because there was somebody who sued me. I didn't have all my information that I needed at that time. So, I had said to call him back a couple of times. And he was very polite and patient each time. Also, I was 100% comfortable working with their reps. Anytime I called, they were right on anything I ask. They knew exactly what I was asking and if they didn't know, I got a call right back. Working with CountryWide made life so much better. It gave me peace of mind. My girlfriend is in debt big time and I've already told her about CountryWide.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Working with CountryWide, I was able to settle my debts within two and a half years, instead of the original three and half years timeline. They helped me quickly when I came to them, and everything went as planned. They were efficient with what they did and they were willing to work with me, especially to make sure that everything can get handled in a timely manner. And I was comfortable working with them. They were friendly and whenever I had questions and I left a voicemail for them to call me back, they got back to me quickly, within a day or two. Then if they didn’t have the answer for me upfront, they got someone who can answer the questions for me. If I had a question about either a payment or adding or discontinuing one of the debt collectors, they were able to look it up and see if they were still in business or they were willing just to settle upfront.

They also worked with my income and with my payments. They weren't trying to get more than what I could pay. If I was short on a payment, they would help me out and add it to my next month. So they weren't too strict, and they were lenient with my payments. And then within a year, my credit started to go back up, that I had more opportunities to get things under my name without having to think of being late on a payment or having something in debt or nothing paid. It helped a lot. It does show up as a charge-off account on my credit, but that’s better than just not paying them at all.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I had listened to a radio station and came across CountryWide Debt Relief. I decided to call and find out exactly what they do, so I got more information from them. I had my own counselor and I didn’t have to deal with everybody else, which made it very easy. My counselor and I talked about the timeline, but I understood that the process sometimes takes a little longer depending on which creditor we were dealing with. I got a rough estimate and I knew that it would take some time because it’s a process. I liked the first counselor. He was very helpful and whenever I called in and had questions about things, he got the questions answered. If there was any progress, he would call me or send me an email letting me know what was going on.

I knew when he had spoken with the creditors. He was sending me information and letting me know that they were contacting them and working on a settlement at that time. And as soon as that was completed, he would let me know. If I didn’t hear from them, I knew it hasn’t been completed yet. On the other hand, there was not much interaction with the second one unless I called.

The payment plan that they set up for me was easy to manage and I didn’t have any problems with it. CountryWide was really good. They explained everything upfront - how much it would cost and how often they would take the money out of my account. If I have creditors, I would have several deals, but I had that one deal with them and I told them to pay it faster. CountryWide simplified the solution and that was what I was looking for. I wanted to get the money back to the creditors, but I wanted to make sure that I didn’t have to hear anything from them and I would only be hearing from CountryWide, and that was what they did. They sent the creditors letters to let them know that CountryWide had the accounts and that they were the ones working on it.

I’m done with the program and it was nice because when you are going through life’s crisis, you find that your creditors aren’t very sympathetic with what you’re going through. They don’t care and the bottom line is money. I wanted to get the problem done that’s why I contacted CountryWide. I also wanted to make sure that the creditors got their money. I always paid my bills, but I had a crisis in my family where I almost lost my son, so I had to stop working. When I explained that to CountryWide, they were really good. They said that they would take care of it and would help me through all of that, and they did. Everything that I needed to be done, they got it done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: July 30, 2019

CountryWide paid all my debt. The process was easy 'cause I speak Spanish and they spoke to me in Spanish. They explained to me and they were responsive. It was a good deal 'cause I extended the program for a couple of months and everything was okay. I'm finished now and I'm satisfied.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear client, glad to hear all your debt are paid off and that you are satisfied with our debt consolidation program. Good luck living life debt free and stress free.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I sought to throw all my debts into one and get rid of it. CountryWide sent me a letter and they seemed better. They called the creditors and made an offer, and then they took the money out of my account and paid the creditors. I didn’t have to deal with any more calls as they took care of it. However, they should let us know when they close the accounts so that we know it’s done, because I still don’t know which one is closed and which one is left. I haven’t had a final letter and I’m still waiting on that.

Original review: July 17, 2019

My brother had his bills consolidated through CountryWide and he told me about it. The debt settlement process was good and I've completed the program. I was impressed with the way people treated you in there and how they wanted much to help you. If I needed to delay a payment or make one a little bit sooner, they would work with me on changing a date as long as I called them with enough time. I appreciated that very much and they made it easy for me. Working with CountryWide has made my life a lot better and a lot more stress-free. We get to do a little bit more things that we didn’t used to before. I’m very happy with them and I even had my daughter do it through them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Congratulations on completing your Debt Relief Journey. Glad to hear you are now stress free and please give a thanks to your brother for the referral. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 16, 2019

The CountryWide people that I set up with were great but I didn't speak with them after. I was getting emails from somebody and I would email them back that I agreed. But no one stayed in contact with me through the whole process. That's how it's supposed to happen but that didn't happen. Also, I couldn't use the online service. It never let me log in. I then tried to get access and they expedited the whole issue.

I was called by one of the companies and I contacted CountryWide and told them that the company wanted to talk to them. But CountryWide didn't get back to them. I got a letter from that same company a week later still trying to negotiate. I called CountryWide the next day but I didn't hear from anybody. I tried to help them deal with it, there should be a follow-up but it didn't seem important. I was a little bummed out because I could've settled my debt for months and it could have been 20% cheaper. But I was told not to 'cause CountryWide is in negotiation but then they ended up negotiating at a higher total. Still, they took care of what I needed. I've completed the program so it's fine.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear Jacob, congratulations on completing your Debt Relief program and becoming Debt Free and Stress Free. We are glad you were able to use our Debt Consolidation Program to get yourself out of debt and take to heart all that you said. We will note to our client success team regarding your concern about not getting online access to make sure it doesn't happen again.. nonetheless, glad to see we were able to get your debts paid off. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were just drowning and CountryWide brought us back from the brinks of hell. We chose them as they seemed to be the easiest to work with. They were able to split up our payments. I had two payments a month. We could call and try and skip a payment if we had an emergency. When my mother died and I needed to go home for the funeral, I was able to call and ask if I could miss the payment that time and have some extra money. CountryWide was really good about that.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly. Everything was done by them. They would call me and tell me that they negotiated something, what the settlement was gonna be, and that they were gonna send me the papers. I would have to sign them, have them notarized, and send them right back to CountryWide. If I had any questions, I could let them know. But I didn’t have any because they were upfront with me the whole time. Nothing seemed shady. We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over. I'd tell friends and family members that CountryWide did us wonderfully.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear that our Debt Relief program helped you get the relief you needed from your debts and we appreciate your kind words. We take pride in providing the best debt consolidation options to consumers like yourself. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information