toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm happy to hear your experience with our team was "excellent, personable" and "consistent with the entire process." Congratulations on completing the program and finding debt relief. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: March 24, 2017

We went online and looked at the ratings, and CountryWide Debt Relief had the best. And then they also had an attorney that was connected, which was so good. They provided us with their debt consolidation program, which we've already completed. I'm a personal person, and I like to directly speak to them. The people at CountryWide didn’t have a problem with that. I was able to keep in touch with them whenever I needed, and that’s via telephone, not just electronically. The cost in relation to the quality of the service was well worth it. My experience with CountryWide was excellent. They are people of their word, and they were consistent with the entire process.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm glad to hear you are thrilled with the results of our program. Happy 3 year anniversary. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I wanted to get out of debt so I reached out to CountryWide and explained my situation. They told me to meet with them in one of their offices and everybody has been very nice. They explained everything to me, how it was gonna work and how it would affect my credit score. They did all this fast. And during the time that we're doing payments, they would call and see how everything was going and asked me if everything was going the way I wanted it to. It was so easy. My credit score is much higher now and I'm out of debt. In fact, I did my last payment three years ago. Everything went fine and I was thrilled. I would definitely recommend CountryWide Debt Relief.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The first young lady rep that I talked to was pretty clear and matter-of-fact about CountryWide. She broke it down and told me how it goes. She answered my questions and was able to keep me up to speed on the process and where we were. Then if I had a situation that comes up where I needed to ask, she got back to me within a reasonable amount of time and I was happy with it. I was impressed with what CountryWide said was gonna do. I gave them a range of what and when I could do it. They worked it out and I got a consolidation plan from them. I was able to liquidate unnecessary debt with it and it wasn’t as painful. Everything fitted in the box the way it was supposed to and I don’t have any qualms with the cost. I'd tell my friends to talk to CountryWide and see what they can do. If it works out, then they go for it. If not, they have to look in some other resources.

Factual basis uncertain

I was consolidating some debt and I had seen advertisements on CountryWide Debt Relief so I went with them. It took three years to complete and I made payments through direct deposit, a withdrawal from my checking account. They did good considering they’re on top of everything. Once they’ve settled with each creditor, they would call me and ask if I agree on the offer. But I didn't see any of my paperwork and I didn't know that after consolidating my debt, I was still gonna pay for the remaining of each debt. Say my debt in one of my cards was $10,000 and they settled for $5,000. Then the other $5,000 is written off to the creditor but the creditor sends it to the IRS. They didn't tell me that I’d still have to pay to the IRS the other $5,000 after consolidating my debt. The IRS took me back because it's considered money.

CountryWide was good but they should have documented and notified me that that can or will happen. I was better off just paying my minimum payment and paying the IRS back than paying that $300 to them to do it. I wouldn’t do it again. And I wouldn't want anyone to go through with what I went through.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide Debt Relief told me that they were going to have protective services and they were going to handle everything for me. So, I sent them my debt and they took care of it for me. They would inform or email me whatever I needed. They gave me a two-year settlement and they would just take it out of my bank account. The first negotiator that I worked with wouldn't get back to me when I called him. He was rude and wouldn't answer my questions. He kept it very brief and would hang up so I wouldn't even get a response. But, the last guy I had for the last couple of months would return my phone calls. He would respond back and inform me exactly what was going on.

Their program got me out of debt. The last one I had to pay out of my pocket but they refunded me the money that they didn't use. But when I went to the bank to try to get a loan, they said that the process wasn't in yet. They didn't see that I was out of debt so I had to get some papers from CountryWide to email and prove that I wasn't in debt. Overall, I had a good experience with CountryWide but I recommend paying off your debt on your own instead of paying so much money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide Debt Relief sent me a letter and I called them. They are honest and friendly. Every time I have a question, they give me the answer that I want to have. That's always nice especially if you're unsure of what's going on. It's good to know that there is somebody there that you can always give a call. Plus, the negotiators are helpful. CountryWide deducts the payment automatically from my checking account. They put me on the first and 15th of the month. I would recommend friends to go to CountryWide if they are in the same situation as I am.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in a lot of issues with paying loans and stuff. CountryWide Debt Relief was one of the first that came up when I looked online and they seemed a decent company to work with. I would recommend them because they were very helpful. Anytime I had any issue, I spoke with them on the phone and they worked me through it and gave me suggestions as much as they could. Everyone was very nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide Debt Relief is excellent with the service that I require. They were recommended to me. They helped me in getting rid of some bills and took care of everything that I asked them to. I'm very pleased with them and have recommended them to some people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was referred to CountryWide by a friend. They provided me with counseling and negotiations with the companies. Whenever the creditors would come calling me, I would refer them to CountryWide. The negotiator wasn't always the same person but most of my interactions with them were on a really quick phone call. There was very little work on my part. All I had to do was to keep sending them any kind of correspondence that I got and pretty much, they took care of everything. They negotiated the payment with the creditors and they confirmed if it was okay with me once they did all the negotiations. It's been over with CountryWide for a couple of years now, but they took a lot of burden off me. They’ve given me support too. As a matter of fact, I just called them eight months ago and they sent me all the information that I requested. I’d recommend CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a whole bunch of bills, and all the creditors were trying to get the money. Then some of them sent me a letter telling me to call this number. They wanted to fix my problem with my credit and they partnered with CountryWide Debt Relief. I was hesitant to get the service, but I talked to Mike, who was the one that worked with me all throughout the process, and he was very helpful. He explained everything I needed to know and told me how things work, and that was one of the reasons that convinced me to get the service. They do a lot of negotiating with the creditors and they sound like a good service, so I joined them and I'm happy.

There was also another guy who every time he settled a claim, he called me and told me they settled this credit in this account. We went on and on and on until they stopped taking money from out of the account. Everything is done, and I don't have a problem with my credit anymore. I even ended up overpaying, but they're sending me a check of over $1,000 because that's how much I overpaid. For me the service was the top of the line and I would definitely recommend anybody looking for the service I was looking for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were struggling at one time with too many credit card debts and a friend of ours who has a similar problem recommended CountryWide Debt Relief. The reps asked how much we were making at that time and how much would be reasonable for us to pay per month once they added all of the bills that we had. They helped us do the whole debt consolidation and the payment was manageable. We had an issue a couple of years ago that we needed information in regards to some debts that have been included in the debt consolidation. I contacted them and they were very helpful and friendly in doing the research for us because we didn't have the proper documentation at that time when I needed the service. The quality of the service was excellent. Everything was great and I have recommended friends to them.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and not having to report to court. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: May 9, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief got all of the credit card bills that I owed, consolidated them and told me that they would build up a savings and pay them off as it went on. They eliminated a lot of the debt that I had. On one of my cards, they were trying to take me to court. I talked to CountryWide, faxed them the paperwork and they took care of all of that. I never had to go to court, so I was happy and I recommended them.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. We appreciate your feedback and compliments - to hear you say "I hope CountryWide Debt Relief stays around for a long time and that they keep doing what they do -" tells me we are providing a service to the community and proud to do so. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I liked the services that CountryWide Debt Relief provided. Their representatives were easy to get in touch with. They allowed me to better my credit and pay off all my debt. They negotiated with my debtors on my behalf to come up with a reasonable payment arrangement. There was a month when I could not make a payment and they allowed me to skip it. Moreover, the cost of their services is reasonable. I didn't feel the cost because they allowed me to make an overtime payment. Overall a lot of people would benefit from their services especially those trying to better their credit. I hope CountryWide Debt Relief stays around for a long time and that they keep doing what they do.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story and deciding to work with us. I'm happy you found our process "super easy." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Five years ago, we were looking to consolidate our bills and we talked to a few different companies. We felt the most comfortable with CountryWide Debt Relief and availed their services. Their agent eased my wife's concerns. We have already completed their consolidation process. They were able to help us get all of our debts taken care of and paid off. It was super easy. They just contacted our creditors and made it into a monthly payment, and we paid the monthly payment. Every month my wife receives an email letting me know what was going on with the consolidation. Their monthly payment was nice and fair. There was really not a negotiation or anything else that was done. Maybe once or twice, we were able to give a phone call and tell them, "Hey, we need to move this payment or skip this one for a month". And they were able to allow it so that if there was a financial problem or something else coming up that they were able to work with us.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for allowing us to clear your debts and for having the confidence in us to recommend us to a friend. In fact, there is no better compliment you could give us than that! After reviewing your account, we see that you had some conversations with our negotiations team towards the end of your program which came much sooner than we estimated it would. We agree with you that clear communication is important and that is why we go above and beyond to make sure our clients are kept updated on everything that is happening with their program, so a missed call on our part is not something that happens here often so we take feedback like this very seriously and use it to train our staff to ensure it doesn't happen again. We wish you a speedy recovery with your back and hope you can live a pain free DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 25, 2017

With the payment plan from CountryWide, we were a year ahead of time. The way they handled the debts were good, and everything was fair including the cost, the lawyer and the settlement. My debts are paid up. All I have are hospital bills because I've been having major back problems for years. And I just found out that I have a severe broken back in two places. And so here we go again into the hospital. But thank God that in turn my supplement will handle everything.

The interaction with the negotiator was good except towards the end. I was disagreeing with the payoff, and they kept saying it was right and so I went ahead and made my final payment like they told me to, and then they sent me a refund check. They were promising that whoever took care of the bookkeeping or the balances would call me back. They never called me back, and that happened several times. I left voicemails also. I would call again and Manny would go over it again with me saying it's correct and everything. I would say, "Manny, it's not. I'm 66 years old and I know how to add and multiply." And he would say, "Well, let me contact them, and they'll get back with you by tomorrow." And nothing would ever happen.

That was the only problem I ever had. I didn't have arguments or fights, just the disagreement on the payoff. Manny took care of all the things they said they would. But if a customer calls you, you should return the call. They need to improve on communication. But they handled everything professionally, all I had was a problem with the return phone calls, that's it. If a friend asked me about CountryWide, I would absolutely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's been a few years now since I completed the program. CountryWide treated me very well and with respect. Back in 2008, I had a lot of debt when the economic fall came into play. I lost several jobs in a row due to places closing or just laying off and that caused me to go spiral. They helped me get back on track again with my financial needs. They really took all the issues away. I didn't have any issues and everybody attended to my questions rather quickly. The service overall was excellent. You should take advantage of the program because it offers you a chance to get a new start.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for taking the time to share your debt consolidation story. I'm glad to hear you worked with our team and made payment adjustments as needed to get through your debt consolidation process. Congratulations on completing the program. You said it best " people would enjoy the comfort in knowing that the folks here will definitely work with them." #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: April 21, 2017

It took me at least several years to pay all of my debts. I was being summoned because of my debts and then I got a letter from CountryWide Debt Relief saying, "If you need help settling your debt, we can help." Since I don't think I'm ready for a summon, I tried to do something. I am blind, I don’t work and I only get SSI. I started paying $368.13. That took a big chunk out of my check and I didn’t know how I'm going to pay my rent and everything. CountryWide Debt Relief worked with me and adjusted the price. There was one time when my payment didn’t go through, but they let me go ahead and pay the following month. Then when my rent went up last year, I have to tell them that and they were able to lower it down to $240 instead of $358.

I felt comfortable working with the negotiators. They are very friendly and knowledgeable. They also said that as long as I kept making the payments, the creditors won’t come back at me again. They called me as well to let me know if there was another settlement made by the company. I just didn't feel comfortable with the fact that it took me a long time to do the settlement. The negotiators were pretty good with me. I think they worked with me even more because they knew that I wasn’t financially stable. Overall, people would enjoy the comfort in knowing that the folks here will definitely work with them. They can't go wrong by giving CountryWide Debt Relief a shot, especially if they’re in deep need of help. They won't charge you to talk to them. I would rather go through them than face going to court or pay a lawyer for something I could have taken care of myself and not paying extra.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you found email communication easy and our team did a "good job" for you. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: April 20, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief did a good job for me. The negotiator said I was gonna get everything by email and they took care of it.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. I'm glad to hear you say we "helped you get over it." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 16, 2017

CountryWide helped me clear my credit cards which I wasn't able to pay off because the interest is too much. I used to pay $400 a month. They combined all the credit cards together and gave me a monthly payment and I was comfortable because I can afford to make the payment every month. They gave me two years to pay it off. If not for that, I will still be paying my credit card. I pay the same amount that I owed the credit card company. But everything is finished and I don't use my credit cards too much. Even when I have money again, I buy a little bit. I won't go in that situation again. CountryWide helped me get over it.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you not once but twice and then for taking the time to give us your feedback. It appears we were able to resolve the accounts that were included in the Debt Consolidation for precisely the amounts that were quoted to you. In reviewing your notes, we did not see any concerns brought up regarding our service fees but did see some concerns you had with your monthly payment being high. As a reminder, the monthly payment is used to pay your creditors and at the time you enrolled we did a careful analysis of your monthly budget to ensure that this was within your means as we do for all clients. As far as our cost goes, we believe our fees are the lowest in the industry for companies who offer similar services as we do. In fact we are 25% cheaper than the majority of our competition. We are so sure of this that we offer any client a Price Match Guarantee that would not only a match a lower cost program but beat it by 10%. The reason we can keep our service fees low is that we have a very high completion rate to our Debt Consolidation Program. The important thing is that your debts are resolved and you are now living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I have dealt with CountryWide before so I went with them again for debt consolidation. The whole process was fine. I didn’t have any problems but their fees were a little high.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. It's wonderful to hear you describe us as "good overall, . . . fast and reliable when I needed them." Congratulations on completing your program and eliminating your debt. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: April 14, 2017

My job was slowing down and I couldn't pay my credit card bills, and one of the credit card companies was about to sue me. I got an advertisement of CountryWide Debt Relief in the mail that said they take care of stuff like this. I had no reference to them and I don't normally do that, but I just went for it. My initial try in dealing with CountryWide was really good. I was able to ask for a lower price because I needed help with a couple more credit cards. My being a new customer and finding out about them through the mail might have been what made them lower the price when I asked them if this was possible.

The CountryWide Debt Relief negotiator that I worked with was really nice and helpful. She answered promptly whenever I emailed or called her. The CountryWide program helped me save a lot of money on interest rates. Working with them has helped me with my credit score and with not having bad marks on my credit. They also helped me in going to court. I didn't know how to go through that procedure on my own. They helped me out with the paperwork because I was handed some court papers or subpoenas for my bill and I sent them a copy of my court papers.

I had to make payments to CountryWide, and then after that, they took care of everything else. I would pay them, and if I got any kind of mail, I would email it to them. My payment plan was automatic payment and went through my bank. CountryWide just gave me an amount and I didn't have a lot of choice in the amount. But I asked them to try to renegotiate a balance for me, and they did that. Then my payments ended and my debts were all taken care of. I finished the whole process and I didn't need them again after that. I was impressed with how fast and easy everything went because I had hesitated at first. I was lucky that everything went smoothly. CountryWide was good overall, and they were fast and reliable when I needed them. I would recommend them and tell a friend to try them. In fact, I've tried to tell a friend about the CountryWide debt relief program and I said that this program would be really helpful if they end up getting sued.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I owe some money for credit cards and they were calling me. I reached out to CountryWide for a debt settlement program and I finished it. It was really good and the program helped me. However, the rep kept on saying that they were going to get my credit together and there's nothing wrong with my credit. I owe these people and I just forgot to pay them. And the rates are a little too high. They need to come down because people don't want to file for bankruptcy. The rep also said that whatever will be left after we paid my debts will be refunded to me. So they gave me my refund and that was a good thing. I'd recommend them to a friend.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. It's wonderful to read a review that begins with "Everything was excellent with CountryWide Debt Relief." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program and not having to appear in court. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Everything was excellent with CountryWide Debt Relief and I'm very happy with them. I started with a different company. I didn't even have any lawyer representation and I was going to get sued for one of my customer's Discover card. The young lady at CountryWide told me, "We need to get things going here." So, we did and it's history. I'm now finished with my CountryWide debt consolidation and relief program. I got the house. My lady negotiator at CountryWide was really nice and took care of me. Every time that she needed some information from me, she would call me. It was three days before I had to appear in court for the Discover card, and within two days she had everything settled. Their lawyers took over and I didn't have to go to court. I'm so happy that my sister is doing the program with CountryWide right now. I've sent her to them. She's got a couple more years and she'll be done with her debts.

My negotiator took me step by step in settling all my debts with four or five different debt companies, with the exception of Chase Bank. She called me for the last time on that Chase situation, to inform me that they wouldn't work with her. Chase was my bank and I dealt with those people for over 20 years. They were the only ones that didn't want to get paid off because they didn't want to wait. I called Chase and told them repeatedly, "I'll pay you for my debt. I'm earning $2,000." But the loan officer at Chase said, "No. We'll just put it in your record with the credit bureau and it will stay there for 17 years." After that, they sent me a 1099, which I got. I've taken care of it and I've paid for it, but it's still on my record with the credit bureau. But it's not affecting me because my credit rating right now is about 755.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear the program "was quick, good, and efficient." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: April 7, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief was the best program that I've used. We had some bills and things to settle and my husband had heard about CountryWide Debt Relief and told me to use them. They helped us out. The gentleman I spoke to was always helpful and we got results fast. It wasn't as expensive as most and it was quick, good, and efficient.

CountryWide Debt Relief

We really appreciate the time you took to go into all the details of your experiences regarding your debt consolidation program with CountryWide Debt Relief. What's really great is that you live very close to our headquarters and were able to come in to meet our staff and tour our operations.

As with all clients, prior to enrolling with us you were given a proposal of what our expectations were to settle each of your creditors. Even with your active creditor lawsuit, we estimated that we would reduce your debts by $10,500 and that it would take 30 months to complete the debt consolidation program. It turns out we were able to obtain some fanatic settlements on your behalf and you were able complete our program in 22 months and we ended up saving you over $16,000. That's $5,500 better than the expectations that were given to you. Our client services team takes a lot pride in delivering better than expected results to our clients as we did in your situation.

Upon enrollment, you were quoted that our service fees would be 18%, which happens to be the lowest in the industry, and that we wouldn't charge any service fees until the work was completed for each creditor that's exactly what we charged you. We are so sure that our fees are the lowest in the industry, we offer a price match guarantee that will not only match any competitor but will beat them by 10%. In some cases as was in yours, the savings on a smaller debt might be greater than perhaps a larger debt. In cases like that, we don't increase our fee. We simply pass those savings along to our clients.

We agree with you that communication is important during a debt consolidation program. While it appears that there was lots of communication with our negotiators and client services team, we apologize for anyone that may have not returned any of your calls. That is not a behavior that we stand for. We typically ask our clients to contact client services for any inquiry because those requests or concerns are tracked and monitored with a ticketing system that ensures every one of those matters are resolved. Your feedback is very much appreciated as we are constantly looking to better serve our clients.

In regards to your fourth account, upon entering our program our negotiator disputed the debt with the creditor. You provided our negotiator a settlement offer that the creditor sent you. At the time our negotiator felt like we could do better and was in contact with your creditor multiple times during the program and once your debt could not be validated, the entire debt was dismissed. As a result of us not accepting the offer you provided us, we saved you several thousands of dollars that we could have easily just paid out on your behalf. We will never take the easy path to just accept a settlement that we feel isn't in the best interest of our client. Our goal is to best serve our clients by attempting to achieve the lowest possible settlement which in some cases means having the debt canceled completely. As we disclosed to you in our agreement upon enrollment, when debt is canceled, you may be issued a 1099 by the creditor. While we don't give tax advice, it is important to remember that the amount listed on the 1099 is not the amount owed to the IRS, but it is the amount listed as additional income on your taxes. You would be taxed based on whatever tax bracket you fall in. We recommend to speak to a tax professional to figure out how much of that if any would be owed to the IRS. Even with the additional amount owed to the IRS, you still came out very much ahead.

We thank you very much for giving us the chance to get you out of debt and once again, we appreciate all of your feedback. Our team is very happy that we made you #DebtFreeStressFree much sooner than we originally expected.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I looked CountryWide up online and read some reviews. There were six of them and were highly positive with CountryWide. And then the person I talked to, Kosh, was in one of the review comments. I went into the office and met him there. I sat down with him and laid out the forecast that I had. I gave him some of the paperwork and he copied it. And then I saw him the next day. He was very friendly and explained the program. He was awesome. And CountryWide is local (I live in Orange County and their office is in Santa Ana), so it made it easier for me to just go down there and talk to them one-on-one. There were a few other companies who sent me a bunch of stuff, but I thought that was more people just trying to run after me because there was a filing. I got served summons.

However, when I tried to call the negotiator one time to ask why was it that more money was taken out for a fee for CountryWide Debt Relief on the third settlement than the previous one even though it had less of a settlement amount difference, the person I talked to said my negotiator wasn't working and that he would call me back. He never did, so to date, no one has called me back on that. The previous settlement was $3,000 less and they charged $500 for a fee. And the next one, they settled for $2,000 less but they charged me $750 for it. It wouldn't make sense. If the settlement is less, how come they would be able to have a fee that's more than the previous one? And that's the question I was looking at. I didn't understand what the difference was. And when I asked for clarification, the negotiator never told me.

Then I found out a fourth one was settled not by negotiation but because the creditors just canceled that. That means that they got fees when they canceled the debt. So, they closed an account but then they charged me a fee for my creditor who cancelled the debt. I called back and said, "Hey, about this debt. I read the terms and there was no negotiation with the fourth creditor and they just canceled the debt. How would you be able to pick up fees?" And the rep's response was, "Well, we sent them power of attorney."

Additionally, CountryWide should have said that when they do settle for less, the IRS considers that an income adjustment. So, I'm gonna be taxed on that. That left me owing $3,000 more in taxes and I didn't know that was gonna happen. That's been paid off. But now I got another $3,000 to be taxed on next year once they close it. CountryWide got me closing the accounts but if someone would ask me, "Would you recommend CountryWide?" I'm gonna tell them my experience like the negotiator didn't call me back and they ended up squeezing a heftier fee. And they will taxed by the IRS. So, the fee that they paid the IRS might end up being the same amount than if they just paid in full all the creditors on their own.

Countrywide has lack of follow through and explanation midway and in the end. But they were customer-friendly at the beginning and sometimes thereafter. And there was one time when someone called me and said, "Oh, yeah, you got court days on some debt things." And so I called in the number to CountryWide and asked their rep to follow that number to ask what their business was but they hung up on her. So it was someone trying to get my information falsely. It was nice to have someone be able to check that.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you reached out to us to resolve your judgment and eliminate your debt. Glad to hear our team provided excellent customer service. Congratulations on completing the program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have been served a judgment from a creditor and CountryWide was attached to a local law firm who would represent me in that as part of CountryWide service so I went with them. I was newly divorced and had a lot of mutual debt. I agreed to take some of it on and wanted to wipe it all out in one fell swoop and CountryWide simplified the process that I needed to go through. The people I interacted with were wonderful especially at the beginning but not any less through the process. I still remember the girl's name was Christie, who I worked with in Orange County. She explained everything very clearly, sent me all of the sign up paperwork and called me to make sure I was understanding all of it properly.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you reached out to us for your debt consolidation needs and found "stress relief". Congratulations on completing your program and "getting your financing under control." Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Working with CountryWide have had a positive impact and their team has always been polite. They helped me get my finances under control at a time when I was going through a divorce and had some unexpected issues going on. It is a big stress relief after all of that has been taken care of.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you came back for "debt management solution." Congratulations on completing your program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: March 30, 2017

We've used CountryWide Debt Relief in the past so we went with them again and we worked out a debt management solution. Their rep did an ACH from our checking account. Overall, it was a very reasonable experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for choosing to work with us "to get all [your] debts consolidated and become debt-free." I'm happy to hear we earned your business by making the right impression during our initial communication. Congratulations on completing the program and finding debt relief. #DebtFReeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: March 25, 2017

To get all my debts consolidated and become debt-free, I sought CountryWide's services. They were the first one that came up on the Yellow Pages, and I decided to go with them. They contacted all of my creditors and made settlement agreements. I only had two interactions with the people at CountryWide. The first one was with the intake person to find out how much and who all the creditors were. Then the second was to tell me how long it would be and the steps that they would take with the different creditors based upon the consumer law.

And then, I got the letter saying, “This is what the payment will be to us,” and I made the monthly payment. I was concerned because I haven't heard anything, and they said, “Well, you just continue to make your payments and we're negotiating with your creditors. You don’t reach out to them. We do that for you,” which worked for me. The program got all of my debt paid off within 24 months. CountryWide's service was excellent, and the cost was right. The intake process is what sealed the deal because the first impression is what established the arrangement. Overall, it was a cool experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief

We are extremely grateful that you gave us the opportunity to resolve all your debts with a debt consolidation program at a difficult time in your life when you were being sued by one of your creditors. Regardless if you are current and just stuck in a minimum payment trap or if you have an active creditor lawsuit at the time of enrollment, we relish the opportunity to serve our clients. We are really delighted to see that our debt consolidation program over delivered for you. Our original quote to you was that we would reduce your debts by $37,000 but we ended up reducing them by over $43,000 which put an extra $6000 in your pocket. That's fantastic.

The reason your account balance showed that there was more money than your last debt is because we do not charge our service fees until our work is done. CountryWide Debt Relief never charges a service fee until the accounts are resolved. This really puts the onus on us to perform and deliver our promise to you. As you noted, you did receive a substantial refund check at the conclusion of the program which is always really nice so you not only completed the debt consolidation program early, but you got a large refund as well. We are happy that you were satisfied.

Our notes also indicate that we were in close communication with you during the entire time you were in the program and as each account was resolved. Keeping our clients informed while they are in the program is very important to us so the clients know what is going on. Now that all your unsecured debts are resolved we wish you a happy #DebtFreeStressFree life!

Original review: March 22, 2017

I got served with a court notice for a lawsuit and realized that I needed debt relief help, so I decided to send CountryWide an email. I made an agreement with them and they consolidated everything that I wanted to be taken care of. They then told me the plan, how long it would be and how much would be deducted every two weeks from my paycheck. I'm satisfied with them because they took care of what they needed to take care of and they always returned my calls. Working with them has been good for the most part.

When I completed the program I had about $7,000 in my Global account and the last account that they were going to settle was about that much. Still, they said that I had to enroll in the program for another four months. I said "Wait a minute. That's another $4,000 and we're right there for the payment to settle the account. What do you need $4,000 for?" That was a lot of money and it was almost double what they could have charged me. But, they told me that they'll do this and that and law firms charged a lot. However, the lender ended up forgiving me and even though CountryWide didn't do anything, they still took a nice-sized chunk from my Global account. While they refunded me the rest, I still had to claim that whole amount in taxes when CountryWide only settled a debt.

CountryWide Debt Relief

It's wonderful to hear you say "my experience with Countrywide has given me peace of mind." I'm glad you had an "excellent experience" with our team and found them easily accessible. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you and make your "debt a little bit more manageable." Congratulations on completing your program, enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: March 20, 2017

CountryWide made my debt a little bit more manageable. I had an excellent experience with their reps. Working with them has been awesome and I learned my lesson. I had great communication with them. I'm always able to speak with someone when I call and they're always keeping in touch with me on my case. My experience with Countrywide has given me peace of mind.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm glad our team was able " to make things more manageable for [you]." Congratulations on completing the program and finding relief with your debts. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be.

Original review: March 17, 2017

CountryWide has always been real helpful. If I ever had any questions, they would get back to me right away. They're good and were able to make things more manageable for me. I have completed the program and I am relieved. My credit's still showing that I was in a little pickle back then, but working with them was definitely a monkey off my back. I would definitely recommend CountryWide.