toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The interest rates on my credit cards were a little bit too high so I was looking to minimize some of the payments. My sister had a CountryWide Debt Relief program and she referred me to them. Their reps were great. They were all pretty nice and very polite. They listened and were willing to help me out. Everything was positive and CountryWide was pretty good. They helped quite a bit. We’re out of debt now and we're doing much better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed some help in getting rid of our debt and CountryWide Debt Relief helped us so we're out of debt now. They were very helpful. If ever we had a question, they always answered it. People ask me all the time if CountryWide really helped us and I tell them CountryWide really did so I'd definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a little over my head when my husband got fired. When he got another job, things started straightening out. I needed help getting my bills paid and with lower monthly payments. I went to CountryWide and the first people I talked to were very helpful and nice. They didn’t sound like they were judging me at all. After I got the initial paperwork filled out, a rep called me every month and asked if everything was okay and if I heard from any of the debtors. He was great. I could call him anytime if I had a question and he and the other staff were very attentive to me and my problem. If I ever had to, I would call them again. I recommend them all the time.

Now, I don’t have any more bills and I feel a whole lot better. As a matter of fact, CountryWide sent me some money back because I was all paid off before the end of the contract. Every month it was great. They’d send me e-mails and I could look up my account online. Anyone that has extra debt should call CountryWide. They could help almost anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was not making any payments because interest was going up. CountryWide Debt Relief offered to help me. Their people were very good and pleasant, and made everything easy for me to consolidate my debt. It's a great company and they helped me a lot. I’m debt free now, so I got good credit scores.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story and referring us to your friend. I'm glad you decided to work with us to take care of bad debts and found it "nice and easy to interact with [our] reps." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount by 18% and sooner than expected. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I've worked with CountryWide Debt Relief for two years. At that time, there were three companies that I was looking at but the lady at CountryWide was the most helpful. Since it was my first time, I was so scared on what to do but she tried to explain everything to me very well that I decided to go with them. It was nice and easy interacting with their reps, I had no problem. I’m glad I’m out of debt and I was happy with their service. I have a friend who’s having a problem with her debt, so I told her about CountryWide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad your sister referred you to us and you had an opportunity to work with our "knowledgeable, friendly, outgoing and excellent" team of experts. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program earlier than expected and for less than the estimated settlement amount by 23%. Enjoy your retirement #DebtFreeStressFree.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I'm 65, and my husband 64 had some credit card debt that got a bit more than what we were comfortable with, in terms of how long we would be able to pay that before we retire. I had called a different company before who said that they can help me but before I had gotten off the phone, my credit card was already charged $1,000 for their services. I called them up and told them that I only spoke with them and didn't agree unto anything. It was awful.

Then my sister recommended CountryWide Debt Relief. She had them do something for her and she was very happy with them. So I talked to CountryWide, told them everything. We set up a payment plan and got everything settled. I paid them $400 a month and then bumped it up to $500 a month. It took us a little over a year and everything was well taken care of. It was two credit cards and one lowered the debt and the other one got rid of it completely. It worked out greatly.

During the free consultation, their reps were knowledgeable, friendly, outgoing and excellent. What the rep said was exactly what they did, so I didn’t have to go through asking "this is what you said and now it’s this.” I was extremely happy with them. They said that improving my credit score will take a little bit of time but right now, it seems to be fine and getting better. CountryWide has affected my life in a very positive way.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I’m glad you reached out to our team, “had a good experience” and are “debt-free now.” Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount and saving more money than originally estimated. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I wanted to consolidate all my credit cards debts and make them into just one monthly payment. I had a good experience with CountryWide and I was happy with the end result. They helped me a lot because I'm debt-free now. I was able to get out of debt within a year. I was very satisfied and I would recommend CountryWide to a friend if they're in the same situation I was in.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story; it’s wonderful to hear clients take time to make a sound decision when selecting a debt consolidation company. I’m glad you reached out to us for your “auto deficiency” lawsuit. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I was looking up some ways to clear up a few things and stumbled across CountryWide Debt Relief on the internet and gave them a call. Once they had all the information, they told me what would be required of me for the next few years and they allowed me to have some time to think about it, which was really cool and probably what made me choose them out of all the other ones I had to call. They let me know what I was getting myself into for the next year. That was okay with me instead of jumping head first into it. The rep was always available and for every question I had, she called me right back. She was very helpful and encouraging to keep me going when it got hard. Overall, it's a very good company and they're very helpful and always able to help me with any questions I have. It has been a wonderful experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m glad to hear you came to us for assistance with your debt settlement needs. It’s too bad other companies “took your money and ran” without providing guidance. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program with CountryWide Debt Relief, getting “everything paid off” and now your “credit is in tiptop shape.” #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I wish I had a deal with CountryWide the first time because the first couple of companies I dealt with just took my money and ran. But CountryWide took the time to make sure everything was going the right way and they kept me on top of things. Their staff was right on and whenever I needed to talk to them about something, they didn’t hesitate to call or send me a message very quick. I got A1 credit right now and I got everything paid off and my credit is in tiptop shape. A little bit too late, but that’s all right.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m happy to hear our team “got you back on track.” We love to hear our team called "the best." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount by 23% and putting more money in your pocket. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I needed some help and I heard that CountryWide Debt Relief was out there to help consumers. So, I decided to check them out and call them to see what they can do and offer. The team members at CountryWide were pretty good. They were very informative and took all the questions out of my mouth before I even said them. They helped me out and got me back on track, and I could continue forward afterwards. They're the best. They do what it takes to take care of their customers. They do an excellent job.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you reached out to us to eliminate your credit card debts. It’s unfortunate you lost money working with other companies. But now, you are “done with all your debts.” Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for 21% less than the estimated settlement amount. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I had a bunch of credit card debts, and I was paying the minimum on them and I wasn’t getting anywhere. I called CountryWide Debt Relief since I wanted to hear what they had to say. The people at CountryWide talked to me a little bit about how the program worked and how it would help, and it worked out fine. It was great working with them, and I’m done with all my debt.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear you found our representative to be "very thorough with her job." Congratulations on completing our debt settlement program for less than the estimated settlement amount. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I enjoyed everything that CountryWide did. I highly recommend them to anyone that has problems with debt and maybe get debt relief. The representatives that I worked with at CountryWide Debt Relief was very thorough with her job. She explained everything and how it worked, took my application and went on from there. I thank God that they came in at the right time. It allowed my husband and me to have a chance to get free of debt. It was the best thing to happen to us at the time that it happened.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your feedback, it's wonderful to hear our team described as "courteous and helpful." I'm glad you reached out to us to assist in eliminate your debt so you can buy your first home. Congratulations on completing our debt settlement program for less than the estimated settlement amount. Enjoy living in your new home #DebtFreeStressFree.

Original review: May 3, 2016

Countrywide helped me get out of debt and improve my credit when I was in some trouble and needed some help out. Their team was very courteous, helpful and walked me through the entire scene. The main guy that I dealt with was always available to take my call if I ever had questions. I had roughly a year left on my timeframe to have everything paid off, but I was in the process of trying to buy my first house, and once I got toward the end of it, he helped me close out my few remaining accounts at a very timely manner and wrapped everything up. So, I was able to get approved for my house. They worked for me, got all my settlements down to a reasonable number, and I didn't have to do a whole lot. So, I would highly recommend them if anybody was in need.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Some years ago, I lost my job so I was falling behind on my credit card payments. I needed assistance, so I worked with CountryWide to help me with debt relief. I had nothing but a positive experience with them. My debts have been taken care of and I don't have as much debt anymore as I had then.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide's process was really good and I didn't have any problem. The customer service reps were very informative and I would get anything that I needed right away. They were on top of everything. After working with CountryWide, we got our accounts up, we got our other debts paid off, and we're budgeting a lot better. I've referred other people to them. In fact, my daughter and my son have just started going through the process with them right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked into debt relief help because I had a bad credit. The reps at CountryWide Debt Relief all seemed to be very helpful and I had a good experience working with them. My credit score has gone up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a great experience with CountryWide Debt Relief. I was with another entity which didn’t have the lawyers that CountryWide had. As a result, some of the creditors were threatening to sue me. To get access to lawyers, they wanted to charge me $500 more. But I didn’t have that kind of money. So when CountryWide reached out to me, I said, “Well, I guess I better to do it,” and I have yet to regret it. It was either work with them or file for bankruptcy. I filed for bankruptcy over 10 years ago and it took me awhile to get straight from that. So I decided to take a different route.

Aside from having their own layers, CountryWide also had a set price. So, it worked out really good with me. They let me know everything that was going on. There were times when I was a little worried, but the entire staff was so kind to me and they put my mind at ease. It wasn’t like that with the other entity. Now, I can breathe a little bit better and I'm getting my credit back on track. They did a fantastic job and if I know of anybody, I would gladly recommend them to CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to try a debt relief program and the payment options at CountryWide were pretty good. Their reps were also very good and always accommodating. My credit score has gone up since working with CountryWide. I would use them again if I need to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had crushing debt and I’d no way of getting past the amount that I owed. And so I looked into a relief help from CountryWide. I had a couple of times where I had to skip a payment and my interaction with that was great. Overall my interaction was good except for the summer when I called. ‘Cause I thought I was up in July and it turned out it was October and the people that I talked to were reasonably stiff. It felt to me like the customer care had changed a bit. But I’m glad it’s all over. I’m all paid up and it’s time to move on.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online, trying to look at ratings of several debt relief companies. I had to go with CountryWide Debt Relief based on how they rated. At the beginning, I've had an interaction with a team member of theirs once or twice a week, depending on whether they closed a case or settled something. They'll call to let me know first if I agree to it or not. If I was okay with the parts that they wanted then they will make the decision. If I wasn't sure about something, they present me my choices and then they'll give me advice. They work on my question right on and I'll get either an email or call from them within less than 24 hours.

They helped me a lot because they were really flexible. They told me how much I was going to pay monthly. When I told them that it was too much money, they tried to break down the payments. Everything worked out really well. I was able to come out of the hole. I think I did the right decision in working with them. They were really good help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was told I was gonna be sued for a bill but working with CountryWide took a lot of weight off of my shoulders. Their rep was able to answere my questions. I would suggest to my friends and family to use the company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was gonna get sued by somebody so I looked up relief help. The CountryWide staff members were all helpful every time I called. Now, I'm no longer in debt with any of those credit card people. It's great working with CountryWide.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on becoming “debt-free” by completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount by 25% and saving an additional $23,000. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I had a lot of debt and I wanted to see if I could get a company to handle the settlement for me. I got a free consultation with CountryWide and they described the program, and recommend everything and what they would do. I’ve paid off the loans so it worked out good. CountryWide has been very positive and I appreciated the help. I was made debt-free.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m glad you reached out to us to take care of your bad debts before creditors “garnished your wages.” To recap your “positive experience” with us - CountryWide Debt Relief does not charge upfront fees. This was confirmed after reviewing your account. The initial payments you made to your debt consolidation program were kept in a special purpose account and those funds were used to settle your accounts. We only collect fees once the debts are settled as they were in your case. We hope you saw the value of our bad debt consolidation program as you completed the program for less than the estimated settlement amount, by 28%, and saved an additional $10,000. We’re extremely delighted that you gave us the opportunity to take “the burden off your shoulders.”

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I had a bunch of credit card debts. I was able to settle one of them, but I didn't have enough money to settle the rest of my debt, and I didn't want people garnishing my account. I was starting a new consulting service and I just couldn't afford to have my bank account dinged. At any rate, I called up CountryWide. I could've settled my debts cheaper myself if I had the money, but I didn't have the money to do that. Using CountryWide's services cost me a little more than I would've liked to settle all of my debts, but they got it all done and I'm very happy that it happened that way.

The CountryWide reps were all very good. At the free consultation that we had, they proposed a deal to me, which I didn't take initially. It was six or seven months later before I took the deal. I paid an upfront fee. They negotiated the debt for me. They set up the payment, took it out of my account, and paid off my creditors. CountryWide took the burden off in the end and got my debt taken care of, so it was very positive working with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I didn’t want to file for bankruptcy but I was a single parent and my divorce had left me in a lot of debt. I felt that I couldn't get out of debt by myself. I was very reluctant to even start a debt relief program because I was not quite sure about it. Plus, I felt a lot of guilt about even trying to reduce the debt. The person I spoke with at CountryWide helped me see the reality that even though I felt guilty about it, I still needed to take action. Every time I've spoken to somebody at CountryWide, they were very nice and very understanding. If I had questions, they always returned my calls right away.

Going to CountryWide Debt Relief was the best thing that I ever did. I was able to put money into other things. My daughter was in college at the time and I was able to help her. She has since then graduated and she's a teacher now. CountryWide came at a good time because I was trying to establish some financial goals and they helped me reach those.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for choosing us for your debt consolidation needs. Congratulations on completing the program. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I was doing research online when I came across CountryWide. I had some credit cards I wanted to get rid of. I called CountryWide and the reps were straightforward. I've worked with them for two years. They fixed my credit and I was also able to pay it off easy.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for reaching out to us to take care of your bad debts and judgment. I'm glad you had the opportunity to work with our team "without being judged." Congratulations on being "Debt-Free," you completed your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount by 10% and saved additional money. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I was in an 18-month program with CountryWide years ago. I was on the verge of getting sued. So I called them. Then I got an appointment the same afternoon and they stepped in and took over everything. Everybody was friendly and helpful. I felt very comfortable talking to the person who helped me about my situation. There’s no judgment or anything from her. She had a lot of solutions for me. She gave me some plans and I decided to go aggressively with paying some of the debt off and it worked out well because I didn’t want to stay long in it. They contacted all my creditors and told them what was going on and that I'm working with them and my creditors will talk to CountryWide about everything. Now, I am debt-free - I was done paying since 2013.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you reached out to us to take care of your bad debts and stopped "disturbing phone calls" from creditors. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount, saving an additional $1800 and finishing sooner than expected. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I was being sued for one of my debts. Then one day, I ended up getting something in the mail from CountryWide Debt Relief. So I started talking to them and took care of all the debt I had. I did all the consultation over the phone because I live in Texas and they're in California. They did my drafts and moved pretty fast. In fact, three of my debts were taken care of within the first month. The rest of them took a little longer because they were bigger. A year later, in 2014, everything was finished which was sooner than I thought. So far, I no longer have disturbing phone calls and that’s the good thing. I’d recommend CountryWide Debt Relief to friends.

CountryWide Debt Relief

I’m glad you reached out to us when your creditors “came after [you] threatening to sue.” Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program as planned. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I had a credit card and they came after me threatening to sue me so I contacted CountryWide to resolve it. They were very professional and helped me get rid of that issue so I can try and clean up my credit report. It just closed out and it happened really fast. The gentleman that I first spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

CountryWide Debt Relief

I’m glad you reached out to us for your “problems with debt” and found the help you needed. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount and saving an additional $5000. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

CountryWide has affected me in a good way. I had problems with my debt and I didn’t know what to do, so I got with them. They were okay.