toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The interest rates on my credit cards were a little bit too high so I was looking to minimize some of the payments. My sister had a CountryWide Debt Relief program and she referred me to them. Their reps were great. They were all pretty nice and very polite. They listened and were willing to help me out. Everything was positive and CountryWide was pretty good. They helped quite a bit. We’re out of debt now and we're doing much better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed some help in getting rid of our debt and CountryWide Debt Relief helped us so we're out of debt now. They were very helpful. If ever we had a question, they always answered it. People ask me all the time if CountryWide really helped us and I tell them CountryWide really did so I'd definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a little over my head when my husband got fired. When he got another job, things started straightening out. I needed help getting my bills paid and with lower monthly payments. I went to CountryWide and the first people I talked to were very helpful and nice. They didn’t sound like they were judging me at all. After I got the initial paperwork filled out, a rep called me every month and asked if everything was okay and if I heard from any of the debtors. He was great. I could call him anytime if I had a question and he and the other staff were very attentive to me and my problem. If I ever had to, I would call them again. I recommend them all the time.

Now, I don’t have any more bills and I feel a whole lot better. As a matter of fact, CountryWide sent me some money back because I was all paid off before the end of the contract. Every month it was great. They’d send me e-mails and I could look up my account online. Anyone that has extra debt should call CountryWide. They could help almost anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was not making any payments because interest was going up. CountryWide Debt Relief offered to help me. Their people were very good and pleasant, and made everything easy for me to consolidate my debt. It's a great company and they helped me a lot. I’m debt free now, so I got good credit scores.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story and referring us to your friend. I'm glad you decided to work with us to take care of bad debts and found it "nice and easy to interact with [our] reps." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount by 18% and sooner than expected. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I've worked with CountryWide Debt Relief for two years. At that time, there were three companies that I was looking at but the lady at CountryWide was the most helpful. Since it was my first time, I was so scared on what to do but she tried to explain everything to me very well that I decided to go with them. It was nice and easy interacting with their reps, I had no problem. I’m glad I’m out of debt and I was happy with their service. I have a friend who’s having a problem with her debt, so I told her about CountryWide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad your sister referred you to us and you had an opportunity to work with our "knowledgeable, friendly, outgoing and excellent" team of experts. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program earlier than expected and for less than the estimated settlement amount by 23%. Enjoy your retirement #DebtFreeStressFree.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I'm 65, and my husband 64 had some credit card debt that got a bit more than what we were comfortable with, in terms of how long we would be able to pay that before we retire. I had called a different company before who said that they can help me but before I had gotten off the phone, my credit card was already charged $1,000 for their services. I called them up and told them that I only spoke with them and didn't agree unto anything. It was awful.

Then my sister recommended CountryWide Debt Relief. She had them do something for her and she was very happy with them. So I talked to CountryWide, told them everything. We set up a payment plan and got everything settled. I paid them $400 a month and then bumped it up to $500 a month. It took us a little over a year and everything was well taken care of. It was two credit cards and one lowered the debt and the other one got rid of it completely. It worked out greatly.

During the free consultation, their reps were knowledgeable, friendly, outgoing and excellent. What the rep said was exactly what they did, so I didn’t have to go through asking "this is what you said and now it’s this.” I was extremely happy with them. They said that improving my credit score will take a little bit of time but right now, it seems to be fine and getting better. CountryWide has affected my life in a very positive way.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I’m glad you reached out to our team, “had a good experience” and are “debt-free now.” Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount and saving more money than originally estimated. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I wanted to consolidate all my credit cards debts and make them into just one monthly payment. I had a good experience with CountryWide and I was happy with the end result. They helped me a lot because I'm debt-free now. I was able to get out of debt within a year. I was very satisfied and I would recommend CountryWide to a friend if they're in the same situation I was in.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story; it’s wonderful to hear clients take time to make a sound decision when selecting a debt consolidation company. I’m glad you reached out to us for your “auto deficiency” lawsuit. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I was looking up some ways to clear up a few things and stumbled across CountryWide Debt Relief on the internet and gave them a call. Once they had all the information, they told me what would be required of me for the next few years and they allowed me to have some time to think about it, which was really cool and probably what made me choose them out of all the other ones I had to call. They let me know what I was getting myself into for the next year. That was okay with me instead of jumping head first into it. The rep was always available and for every question I had, she called me right back. She was very helpful and encouraging to keep me going when it got hard. Overall, it's a very good company and they're very helpful and always able to help me with any questions I have. It has been a wonderful experience.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m glad to hear you came to us for assistance with your debt settlement needs. It’s too bad other companies “took your money and ran” without providing guidance. Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program with CountryWide Debt Relief, getting “everything paid off” and now your “credit is in tiptop shape.” #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I wish I had a deal with CountryWide the first time because the first couple of companies I dealt with just took my money and ran. But CountryWide took the time to make sure everything was going the right way and they kept me on top of things. Their staff was right on and whenever I needed to talk to them about something, they didn’t hesitate to call or send me a message very quick. I got A1 credit right now and I got everything paid off and my credit is in tiptop shape. A little bit too late, but that’s all right.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m happy to hear our team “got you back on track.” We love to hear our team called "the best." Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for less than the estimated settlement amount by 23% and putting more money in your pocket. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I needed some help and I heard that CountryWide Debt Relief was out there to help consumers. So, I decided to check them out and call them to see what they can do and offer. The team members at CountryWide were pretty good. They were very informative and took all the questions out of my mouth before I even said them. They helped me out and got me back on track, and I could continue forward afterwards. They're the best. They do what it takes to take care of their customers. They do an excellent job.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you reached out to us to eliminate your credit card debts. It’s unfortunate you lost money working with other companies. But now, you are “done with all your debts.” Congratulations on completing your debt consolidation program for 21% less than the estimated settlement amount. Enjoy living a #DebtFreeStressFree life.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I had a bunch of credit card debts, and I was paying the minimum on them and I wasn’t getting anywhere. I called CountryWide Debt Relief since I wanted to hear what they had to say. The people at CountryWide talked to me a little bit about how the program worked and how it would help, and it worked out fine. It was great working with them, and I’m done with all my debt.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear you found our representative to be "very thorough with her job." Congratulations on completing our debt settlement program for less than the estimated settlement amount. #DebtFreeStressFree is the way to be!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I enjoyed everything that CountryWide did. I highly recommend them to anyone that has problems with debt and maybe get debt relief. The representatives that I worked with at CountryWide Debt Relief was very thorough with her job. She explained everything and how it worked, took my application and went on from there. I thank God that they came in at the right time. It allowed my husband and me to have a chance to get free of debt. It was the best thing to happen to us at the time that it happened.

CountryWide Debt Relief

Thank you for your feedback, it's wonderful to hear our team described as "courteous and helpful." I'm glad you reached out to us to assist in eliminate your debt so you can buy your first home. Congratulations on completing our debt settlement program for less than the estimated settlement amount. Enjoy living in your new home #DebtFreeStressFree.

Original review: May 3, 2016

Countrywide helped me get out of debt and improve my credit when I was in some trouble and needed some help out. Their team was very courteous, helpful and walked me through the entire scene. The main guy that I dealt with was always available to take my call if I ever had questions. I had roughly a year left on my timeframe to have everything paid off, but I was in the process of trying to buy my first house, and once I got toward the end of it, he helped me close out my few remaining accounts at a very timely manner and wrapped everything up. So, I was able to get approved for my house. They worked for me, got all my settlements down to a reasonable number, and I didn't have to do a whole lot. So, I would highly recommend them if anybody was in need.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a lot of problem with my credit card so I called CountryWide to see how they can help me. It was very helpful every time I called. Everything worked fine all the time when working with them. I didn't have any problem at all. Now, I'm free, I feel better, and I'm doing better. CountryWide has been a lot of help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love working with CountryWide and they're great. My bills were going up on the credit cards that it's too much to handle so I decided to hand them over to CountryWide. Their team was friendly and helpful. There were a lot of times I thought maybe it's fake but everything worked out great. Everything passed. There were one or two loan issues. They said I had to wait three years to completely get over so I just have to wait on my investment. CountryWide is really honest and everything they've said worked out great. I don't think I can trust anybody else than CountryWide. I try to recommend them to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got tired of getting mail from creditors so I looked into relief help. I went with CountryWide Debt Relief and all I had to do was put the money in the account. CountryWide was super fast with all of my questions anytime I called. If they weren’t available, they would call back within a day or two. I just need to figure how to reestablish my credit. But other than that, I had a great experience with CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to clear out my debt and CountryWide Debt Relief was great. Everything was easy. Everybody was available. If I needed to call, somebody would pick up the phone and any questions I had were answered. Everything was explained to me clearly and properly, and the program wasn't confusing or complicated. I paid off my credit card debts, so that's pretty cool. At least, that's no longer hanging over my head. Overall, their debt relief program was successful. It worked out and I'm happy I did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked into relief help out of desperation. All my interactions with the CountryWide team were great and now I am debt-free in regards to what I owed to those credit cards. Working with them really took a weight off of my mind and it helped a lot. They're a great company to work with and knowledgeable in regards to my problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to consolidate my debts and friends said they had a good experience, so I decided to go ahead and contact CountryWide. All the interactions with the CountryWide team were great. Every time I had to call and leave a message, CountryWide team will return my calls and resolve the things that came up quickly. Moreover, CountryWide helped my financial situation, I was able to consolidate my debts and become debt-free, so working with them enhanced my quality of life. With Countrywide, it was a great experience overall and I appreciate all their help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was bound with high interest rates and the payments were overwhelming. Then, mostly over the phone, the CountryWide team pretty much told me about what they had to offer, how it works and I decided to do the relief help. CountryWide Debt Relief was great and really helpful. They were able to come up with a plan that helped eliminate my debt. I've continued their program and became debt-free.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CountryWide Debt Relief was very helpful. They were nice people and they did everything perfectly. They were able to relieve all our debts. They helped a lot. If somebody has a lot of debt, it's good to deal with them to get rid of it and relieve their problems. So far, it has been a wonderful experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a very pleasant and non-stressful experience with CountryWide Debt Relief. I had people who had judgments against me for 3-5 years and I’d put a paycheck in my bank account and it’d be gone so I had to put a stop to that. It was tough at first. I had to pay $980 a month and my payment date was always on the 19th. They are always really helpful and positive every time I would call or talk to them to move payment from the 19th to the 29th. I was gonna go for 40 months and I ended up only going for 34. I was on schedule and it really was a great experience.

It was a big payment and I expected to be paying until March so I was ecstatic when they sent me the letter last month stating everything had been paid off. It changed my life and it's gonna make my credit be back up into that 700-800 level again. So, if anybody has a chance to do it because they are in debt and they want to get out and do the right thing, make sure they call CountryWide.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I owed $40,000 of credit cards so I decided to get CountryWide Debt Relief's services. Everybody was very nice, and anything we wanted them to do, they did it. We paid off all our debt so I'm back on track again with more money in the bank. Everything is much better now. It was a great experience. We just made the payments right out of our check and it wasn't hard to do. CountryWide was a topnotch company and all worked out fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got injured and started falling behind on credit cards, and I needed help. I then looked into relief help and went with CountryWide. Everybody I've spoken to at CountryWide was courteous and very helpful. Everything went nice and smooth. They worked with me very well and I've made my payments on time and completed the program. I referred them a few times to other people because I felt they really handle professionally. Overall, my experience was satisfying.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Somebody referred CountryWide Debt Relief to me, and I'm happy that they were able to consolidate most of my accounts. I've had good interactions with their team, and they did not give me a hard time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having trouble paying off because we had so many separate bills. We wanted to consolidate our bills and get someone to pay off. So, when I saw CountryWide Debt Relief, I called them. My interactions with them were good. So far, we already finished paying off the loan that we consolidated. It did help us a lot and relieved some of the stress that we had with so many payments. Overall, it has been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got something in the mail about my debt but I didn't know how to go about to do what I needed to do. At the same time when I was opening my mail I saw an ad type of deal and saw Mark's number. I called him right away and he was very amazing. He put me at ease and we went from there. He was the one that made me go ahead and sign up with them. The staff at CountryWide were all wonderful. They respond quickly if I had any questions or any concerns. Once I got a threatening call. CountryWide told me not to worry about it and that if they send me a letter or anything, just forward it to them and they'll take care of it. They provide great customer service and I'm very grateful to them. They have earned my trust. I got my check back and it was wonderful. But I'm wondering how can I find out if my credit score went up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Over five years ago, we were undergoing hardship so a friend recommended CountryWide Debt Relief to us. Everything was clear right in the beginning so we didn't have any questions. The result was great. We felt so good and the communication was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to clean up our credit and get a clean start so we looked into relief help. I've heard about CountryWide Debt Relief from a summons and they were very friendly and courteous. Higbee and Mary provided me the things that I needed. CountryWide has helped us a lot. We were able to start our life over again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to get some help to get out of a debt. Working with the team at CountryWide has been very good, they answered all my questions, they were courteous and respectful, and they helped me through all this. Having them gave me a peace of mind, and it has paid off. Last month they sent me a letter and paid the last payment in November.