4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CountryWide Debt Relief has over 30 years of combined experience in helping people find the best debt consolidation option. Contact us for a free consultation to see your Debt Consolidation Options. Credit is not required to qualify.

*Debt Services ONLY available in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Michigan, New York, Virginia

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CountryWide Debt Relief helps settle debts of $10,000 and more. Although it is not a member of the IAPDA, the company has a proven track record and can help consumers cut down their debt.

PROS

• Free initial consultations
  • Straightforward pricing
  • 20% reduction in debt or no fee

CONS

• Not a member of the IAPDA

Top CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

The debt settlement process was good and I've completed the program … Working with CountryWide has made my life a lot better and a lot more stress-free.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly … We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over.

What is CountryWide debt relief?

CountryWide Debt Relief works with consumers to reduce their debt. If you feel that declaring bankruptcy is the only reasonable option left for you, you might be able to work with CountryWide Debt Relief to try another solution, such as debt settlement. CountryWide is a member of the AFCC and is FTC compliant.

How does CountryWide Debt Relief work?

CountryWide Debt Relief uses a form of debt relief known as debt settlement to lower consumers’ debt. CountryWide works with many kinds of debts, including personal loans, credit card bills, unsecured loans, medical bills and business debt. The company offers free consultations over the phone to see if you qualify.

CountryWide works with third-party agents who negotiate with your creditors to reduce your debt to a single, lump-sum payment. If CountryWide is successful in negotiating a smaller payment, you pay the company a fraction of the original debt owed. CountryWide’s debt settlement program typically takes between 24 and 48 months to complete.

How much does CountryWide Debt Relief cost?

CountryWide does not charge a fee if the company cannot negotiate your debt down to 80% or less of the original amount. If CountryWide is successful in negotiations, you pay the company a fee of 18% of the original debt owed. If the company reduces your debt by 50%, you’ll pay 68% of the original debt once the company adds its fee.

A typical negotiation result with CountryWide is 45% to 60% of the original debt owed, but results vary. CountryWide does not charge any upfront fees.

Do we recommend CountryWide Debt Relief?

We recommend CountryWide Debt Relief for its debt reduction guarantee, lack of upfront fees and track record of lowering debts for customers. CountryWide’s debt settlement program can provide the route you need to avoid bankruptcy. If you are struggling to get out of debt, consider applying for debt settlement services with CountryWide Debt Relief.

CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I'm a single mom. I had to get loans then I was behind on my rent, so I was living paycheck to paycheck to pay the loans and the interest. I couldn't afford it and at the time, different people were saying to go bankruptcy but I heard that that's not good. A lot of people were also saying just to leave it alone but I said no. If I did that then it would all come back to me. So, I googled for help with the loan and CountryWide popped up online. I clicked on it, called them, and got some information. One of the people there was letting me know how it was gonna work, what I was gonna do, and what I could afford to. In the end, I reached out to consolidate my loans into one so that way, I could make monthly payments instead of paying all my debts out and going crazy.

It has been an awesome experience because anytime I had a question, I could always call CountryWide and they'd answer. Even if somebody wasn't in, I still got a call back. One time, I missed one payment and I had to call. I let them know that I didn't have the money at the time and they were able to help me even if I just asked them to take it out of my account a little bit late. In fact, they worked with me the whole time I was on their program.

The application was a long process since I was in a lot of debt but it felt worth it because I'm finally completely done. I've learned from my experience and I've grown a lot. I really appreciate the time that they took to help me get where I'm at. My interactions with their reps also went great because when I was done with the process, they called and let me know about it. They kept me updated and when I moved, I still was able to reach out with them to let them know that I moved and that everything was good. I really thank them for sticking by me. My credit hasn't jumped up a lot but to get that notice saying that I completed the program and that there are other opportunities was very exciting for me.

I work with a lot of people who are also single moms and some of us kinda overdo it. So I refer them to CountryWide and tell them that it was the best thing that happened to me. There were people that didn't like the program only because their payment was too high. But I told them that they gotta remember that all of their debts are consolidated into one. You they have to be able to stick with it and be prepared for what's gonna happen. So the program could get you confused in the beginning but when it comes to different parts of it, it's worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I went through a divorce and CountryWide made life a lot easier because I didn't have to worry about the debt. The program was all about the issues that I had experienced. So the service was good. What also worked for me was the easier payments as far as automatic payments. I had told them what I had as far as the budget and they worked with that budget. The payments were kinda high but I had to do what I needed to do. So I took that out of the equation and it was pretty much satisfactory. They even reimbursed me whatever the older payments were. That was a good thing. Whatever negotiation they did, they reimbursed me and I kept the money. That was cool. That turned me on.

CountryWide also took care of all the people that were looking for me as far as the creditors. They did all of the negotiation and told me what I needed to do. It was not announced in the bind where I could make the payments but then they pushed it for the dates that we had negotiated on. So they took care of it. I was very comfortable working with CountryWide. There were two people that I was involved with and there was great customer service. They were also sensitive to my needs.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We had a rather large debt combining all of our creditors and leaving us of security, so we decided we needed to do something. We did some research and found CountryWide Debt Relief. After looking at other companies, we decided to go to someone that’s local. They have an office in Santa Ana, California so, we chose them. It was a good thing we chose them. I had to fill out certain forms with the information during the enrollment, so it wasn’t as difficult of a process. The difficulty was getting it started because we were under the gun with our creditors. It wasn’t that difficult, however, a little tedious but nothing major.

Most of the stuff was outstanding as it pertains their customer service. They were always available and they explained everything in detail where we could understand what the steps are to take. They kept on top of things and everyone was good. The thing that we appreciated the most was the fact that there were a couple of times where I called and I was rather nervous or a little upset and I sort of took it out on them. But I apologized and they understood. They helped me to remain calm because I was getting calls from the creditors. Mark, Mary, Antonio, and Luisa were the main ones that helped and they were excellent in terms of explaining everything.

The cost seemed a little high. But then, after working with it, the monthly payment was much less than what we had to put forth with each creditor. So, trying to learn how it works, we had to stick with it because long-term, it was gonna benefit us. When we first started, we thought it was gonna take forever. But now, it’s done. We completed the program on November 30th of last year and things seem better. We get a new budget, and so, it worked really well for us, better than I thought. I feel more at ease and know that there are companies out there that do work with you. Also, there was nothing hidden as far as charges were concerned or anything of that nature. We lucked out in going through CountryWide. I’ve shared this with other people within my family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I was doing good and then after a while, my job went really low. I was falling behind on my debt and I got sued by one of my credit cards. I saw CountryWide Debt Relief's number on one of the poles and I called in. When I talked to them, they told me they could work with me. When I was signing up with them, I called them two or three times because I couldn't understand the process at first. But after a while, the rep told me, "Oh, no, you just gotta put a certain amount and from then, you do a monthly thing."

I dive or scuba so we don't work all year long. My check was a direct overdraft on my account. And two or three times, I was able to call and tell them if they could hold my check for two or three extra days and they did it for me which was really great. It was a 36 months program and I already completed it. I love CountryWide's service. I was very comfortable with the cost and they started removing the cards back out of my credit so my credit scores started picking up fast. I had a really great experience with them. I referred a coworker to them and she started three months ago.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

My bills were starting to be overloaded. I couldn't afford all the payment, and so I wanted to get one big payment and consolidate everything. It was easier for me. I was working with a debt company but then, I got a letter from a lawyer saying I was being sued and they didn't have attorney services. CountryWide happened to send me a letter and said something about attorneys or something to that effect. So, I called them and they offered attorney services and so, I decided to go with CountryWide to help me out. The program they signed me up for was they put all my credit debt into one big lump sum and they had me pay 653 a month. We came up with the payment amount because it was the same amount that I was paying from the other company. The rep asked me if that was okay and if I was able to handle that payment and I said yes. So, we stuck to that payment.

The program was perfect. My credit score went up and nobody has called me and sent any letters. It's all settled. It took a couple of years and the negotiator was really good. That was a nice job and he was really, really helpful. He took his time in talking to me. When I first called in, I was in a panic because there was somebody who sued me. I didn't have all my information that I needed at that time. So, I had said to call him back a couple of times. And he was very polite and patient each time. Also, I was 100% comfortable working with their reps. Anytime I called, they were right on anything I ask. They knew exactly what I was asking and if they didn't know, I got a call right back. Working with CountryWide made life so much better. It gave me peace of mind. My girlfriend is in debt big time and I've already told her about CountryWide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: July 30, 2019

CountryWide paid all my debt. The process was easy 'cause I speak Spanish and they spoke to me in Spanish. They explained to me and they were responsive. It was a good deal 'cause I extended the program for a couple of months and everything was okay. I'm finished now and I'm satisfied.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear client, glad to hear all your debt are paid off and that you are satisfied with our debt consolidation program. Good luck living life debt free and stress free.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I sought to throw all my debts into one and get rid of it. CountryWide sent me a letter and they seemed better. They called the creditors and made an offer, and then they took the money out of my account and paid the creditors. I didn’t have to deal with any more calls as they took care of it. However, they should let us know when they close the accounts so that we know it’s done, because I still don’t know which one is closed and which one is left. I haven’t had a final letter and I’m still waiting on that.

Original review: July 17, 2019

My brother had his bills consolidated through CountryWide and he told me about it. The debt settlement process was good and I've completed the program. I was impressed with the way people treated you in there and how they wanted much to help you. If I needed to delay a payment or make one a little bit sooner, they would work with me on changing a date as long as I called them with enough time. I appreciated that very much and they made it easy for me. Working with CountryWide has made my life a lot better and a lot more stress-free. We get to do a little bit more things that we didn’t used to before. I’m very happy with them and I even had my daughter do it through them.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Congratulations on completing your Debt Relief Journey. Glad to hear you are now stress free and please give a thanks to your brother for the referral. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 16, 2019

The CountryWide people that I set up with were great but I didn't speak with them after. I was getting emails from somebody and I would email them back that I agreed. But no one stayed in contact with me through the whole process. That's how it's supposed to happen but that didn't happen. Also, I couldn't use the online service. It never let me log in. I then tried to get access and they expedited the whole issue.

I was called by one of the companies and I contacted CountryWide and told them that the company wanted to talk to them. But CountryWide didn't get back to them. I got a letter from that same company a week later still trying to negotiate. I called CountryWide the next day but I didn't hear from anybody. I tried to help them deal with it, there should be a follow-up but it didn't seem important. I was a little bummed out because I could've settled my debt for months and it could have been 20% cheaper. But I was told not to 'cause CountryWide is in negotiation but then they ended up negotiating at a higher total. Still, they took care of what I needed. I've completed the program so it's fine.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear Jacob, congratulations on completing your Debt Relief program and becoming Debt Free and Stress Free. We are glad you were able to use our Debt Consolidation Program to get yourself out of debt and take to heart all that you said. We will note to our client success team regarding your concern about not getting online access to make sure it doesn't happen again.. nonetheless, glad to see we were able to get your debts paid off. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were just drowning and CountryWide brought us back from the brinks of hell. We chose them as they seemed to be the easiest to work with. They were able to split up our payments. I had two payments a month. We could call and try and skip a payment if we had an emergency. When my mother died and I needed to go home for the funeral, I was able to call and ask if I could miss the payment that time and have some extra money. CountryWide was really good about that.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly. Everything was done by them. They would call me and tell me that they negotiated something, what the settlement was gonna be, and that they were gonna send me the papers. I would have to sign them, have them notarized, and send them right back to CountryWide. If I had any questions, I could let them know. But I didn’t have any because they were upfront with me the whole time. Nothing seemed shady. We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over. I'd tell friends and family members that CountryWide did us wonderfully.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear that our Debt Relief program helped you get the relief you needed from your debts and we appreciate your kind words. We take pride in providing the best debt consolidation options to consumers like yourself. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information