CountryWide Debt Relief Get a Free Quote Visit Website
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5
Visit Website

CountryWide Debt Relief has over 30 years of combined experience in helping people find the best debt consolidation option. Contact us for a free consultation to see your Debt Consolidation Options. Credit is not required to qualify.

*Debt Services ONLY available in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Michigan, New York, Virginia

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CountryWide Debt Relief helps settle debts of $10,000 and more. Although it is not a member of the IAPDA, the company has a proven track record and can help consumers cut down their debt.

PROS

• Free initial consultations
  • Straightforward pricing
  • 20% reduction in debt or no fee

CONS

• Not a member of the IAPDA

Top CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

The debt settlement process was good and I've completed the program … Working with CountryWide has made my life a lot better and a lot more stress-free.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly … We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over.

What is CountryWide debt relief?

CountryWide Debt Relief works with consumers to reduce their debt. If you feel that declaring bankruptcy is the only reasonable option left for you, you might be able to work with CountryWide Debt Relief to try another solution, such as debt settlement. CountryWide is a member of the AFCC and is FTC compliant.

How does CountryWide Debt Relief work?

CountryWide Debt Relief uses a form of debt relief known as debt settlement to lower consumers’ debt. CountryWide works with many kinds of debts, including personal loans, credit card bills, unsecured loans, medical bills and business debt. The company offers free consultations over the phone to see if you qualify.

CountryWide works with third-party agents who negotiate with your creditors to reduce your debt to a single, lump-sum payment. If CountryWide is successful in negotiating a smaller payment, you pay the company a fraction of the original debt owed. CountryWide’s debt settlement program typically takes between 24 and 48 months to complete.

How much does CountryWide Debt Relief cost?

CountryWide does not charge a fee if the company cannot negotiate your debt down to 80% or less of the original amount. If CountryWide is successful in negotiations, you pay the company a fee of 18% of the original debt owed. If the company reduces your debt by 50%, you’ll pay 68% of the original debt once the company adds its fee.

A typical negotiation result with CountryWide is 45% to 60% of the original debt owed, but results vary. CountryWide does not charge any upfront fees.

Do we recommend CountryWide Debt Relief?

We recommend CountryWide Debt Relief for its debt reduction guarantee, lack of upfront fees and track record of lowering debts for customers. CountryWide’s debt settlement program can provide the route you need to avoid bankruptcy. If you are struggling to get out of debt, consider applying for debt settlement services with CountryWide Debt Relief.

CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

CountryWide helped me with my bills. I paid the debt that was owed, but I still haven’t received some information that I got from them. But all in all, I love them to death. I did what they told me to do, which I paid them on time, kept money in the bank, and everything was fine. I appreciate that. When I had a problem, I would call, and they answered my questions. So I really appreciate them being there for me.

Everything was done over the phone, but they explained everything to me. They explained to me when I first joined that if something did come in the mail, to give them a call and let them know. And they would tell me to send it to them or to disregard it or they would explain why they were sending it to me. That worked out just perfectly and it only happened twice. They explained to me what it was. I didn’t have to worry about it, and then everything was clear. I’ve finished the program, and I was satisfied. They helped me get out of debt, and I finally was able to save more money.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

We are glad to see you finish the program and that you are debt free and satisfied. Nothing makes us feel better than to hear a satisfied customer saved money through our debt negotiations program. Good luck!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I went to CountryWide to help me settle my debts. I investigated a few and it seemed to be the most attractive to me at the time. They asked for all of my credit verification, the paperwork from different companies, for credit cards and I mailed all of that to them. They told me what their process was and they took over, and bit by bit they settled these various debts. I didn’t have to do that myself because they negotiated for me.

The negotiator was always personable and professional. If I had questions they were answered. We negotiated and they made some suggestions, and I told them what I could afford to pay and we went from there. I thought the payment was a little high, but then I’m not really sure what other companies charge. Also they were always amiable with me. I exist on social security in three years. I have a limited income now, and they were always ready to work with me. If there were some months I couldn’t quite meet the amount of the payment they would work with me so I could pay less on some months. We figured the program would be done in three or four years. And I’m finished with it last month. It reduced the stress I would have had if had to do it all myself. The service I got was very good.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Glad to hear our service helped you reduce your debt stress and become debt free. Best wishes!

Original review: July 16, 2019

The CountryWide people that I set up with were great but I didn't speak with them after. I was getting emails from somebody and I would email them back that I agreed. But no one stayed in contact with me through the whole process. That's how it's supposed to happen but that didn't happen. Also, I couldn't use the online service. It never let me log in. I then tried to get access and they expedited the whole issue.

I was called by one of the companies and I contacted CountryWide and told them that the company wanted to talk to them. But CountryWide didn't get back to them. I got a letter from that same company a week later still trying to negotiate. I called CountryWide the next day but I didn't hear from anybody. I tried to help them deal with it, there should be a follow-up but it didn't seem important. I was a little bummed out because I could've settled my debt for months and it could have been 20% cheaper. But I was told not to 'cause CountryWide is in negotiation but then they ended up negotiating at a higher total. Still, they took care of what I needed. I've completed the program so it's fine.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear Jacob, congratulations on completing your Debt Relief program and becoming Debt Free and Stress Free. We are glad you were able to use our Debt Consolidation Program to get yourself out of debt and take to heart all that you said. We will note to our client success team regarding your concern about not getting online access to make sure it doesn't happen again.. nonetheless, glad to see we were able to get your debts paid off. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were just drowning and CountryWide brought us back from the brinks of hell. We chose them as they seemed to be the easiest to work with. They were able to split up our payments. I had two payments a month. We could call and try and skip a payment if we had an emergency. When my mother died and I needed to go home for the funeral, I was able to call and ask if I could miss the payment that time and have some extra money. CountryWide was really good about that.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly. Everything was done by them. They would call me and tell me that they negotiated something, what the settlement was gonna be, and that they were gonna send me the papers. I would have to sign them, have them notarized, and send them right back to CountryWide. If I had any questions, I could let them know. But I didn’t have any because they were upfront with me the whole time. Nothing seemed shady. We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over. I'd tell friends and family members that CountryWide did us wonderfully.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear that our Debt Relief program helped you get the relief you needed from your debts and we appreciate your kind words. We take pride in providing the best debt consolidation options to consumers like yourself. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 10, 2019

CountryWide was the first I contacted and I paid off my debt with their help. I did exactly what they told me to do and paid the monthly payment. It was easier to pay one payment than pay all those different payments. But I don't think they really explain to you about how bad your credit is going to be for a while, while performing the program, and even after that. My credit wasn’t bad originally. I thought CountryWide's program was gonna sustain my credit and not kill it. They should have told me that this could kill my credit for almost long-term, and even after paying off the debt, it doesn't look good because I didn't pay it in full. They need to explain that a little bit more, and I should’ve been more responsible on looking at the after-effects to my credit.

I worked with Sequoia and she was really nice when I was able to get ahold of her. But when you call their number, it was absolutely difficult to ask anybody a question about your situation, unless you are signing up. Other than that, the program was really easy. When I wanted to extend one payment and then just make a double payment, they let me do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I needed to get certain debts cleared and CountryWide Debt Relief fulfilled it. However, I would've like for them to be more in contact along the way. Sometimes I would try to get a hold of them and when I called in, there'd be, “Leave a voice message and we'll get back to you.” It sometimes took a couple of days for somebody to get back to me. I finally got the answers that I needed. It just sometimes took a while.

Also, the negotiator seemed to change. Initially, I had one and before it was all done, I went through three different people. Towards the end, I wanted to know when things were happening, and I wasn’t getting informed. They just said, “That’s gonna be done soon and we should send you a notice on it.” In setting up a payment, they said, “This is what we need to do to get this done.” It didn’t sound like there was any movable room on that. They said, “This is what it is.” Nevertheless, I completed the program eight months ago. Working with CountryWide definitely helped. I just wish I have been better informed.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

The creditors were getting on my back, and I contacted CountryWide who took care of it. They gave me a payout of how long it would take me to pay off the debt, so I was in the loop. We settled on a good amount and then we started from there. I was never getting caught up making those credit card payments, and this way, they got me out of my credit debt. We covered everything and now I’m done. It saved me a lot of money.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I had a debt with Capital One and they were taking me to court. I was in a situation where I really needed the help at that time and I thought CountryWide Debt Relief could help me out, which they did. But I had a wrong understanding. I paid $500 upfront and I thought that was all they would charge me and have them to settle the loan out. I should have asked more questions before I got myself into the program. I had Bank of America loan also. It was over a certain period of time so they just squashed it, but I ended up having to pay some taxes. I was stuck in this contract. All the money that I was paying them, it was coming out my check every payday. And a little percentage of them was going toward the bill and the rest were going to them. I could’ve almost went to court myself and then made arrangements. I just wanted it to be over with quickly. But the best part of it was the end part where my debt got paid off. I'm happy and glad it’s over with.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

The reviews made me decide to work with CountryWide Debt Relief and their program works. It got me out of debt. I just hate that they can't start negotiating with the creditors right away, why they gotta let you get so far behind. But then, that's the only way the creditors will work with them. The only downfall that I had was that every time I called, I was getting someone new. I could never get a hold of the same person. It seemed like I was always getting a hold of a third party, someone who didn't know who I was, what I'm talking about, who I needed to speak to. It was a little aggravating. I wish that each person could be assigned a certain caseworker, somebody that would just handle their case, and not just random people every time I'd call.

So far, the CountryWide program worked for me. It was working just fine, but I got to the point where I was able to get the money that I owed out of my 401k plan. So, around the last 12,000, I went ahead and paid it off. There were debt people that I still hadn't negotiated with, and they didn't try to negotiate with them. They said, "We'll pay this much," because they had it instead of what they initially told me they were trying to get it down to. And I sent them a check for $12,000. Still, working with them has impacted my life tremendously. I like not having a credit card debt.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I fell behind on my credit card payments and I needed to consolidate some debt. The process of getting started with CountryWide was so simple. The gentleman helped me set my account up and he explained the whole process to me. I had one of my debtors that had filed a lawsuit and so they took care of that right away within a matter of days. Working with them has been great. They consolidated all my debts and I have been able to get some of them removed from my credit history. Whatever I overpaid to them, they sent it back to me, too.

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information