CountryWide Debt Relief Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5
Visit Website

CountryWide Debt Relief has over 30 years of combined experience in helping people find the best debt consolidation option. Contact us for a free consultation to see your Debt Consolidation Options. Credit is not required to qualify.

*Debt Services ONLY available in the following states: Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Michigan, New York, Virginia

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CountryWide Debt Relief helps settle debts of $10,000 and more. Although it is not a member of the IAPDA, the company has a proven track record and can help consumers cut down their debt.

PROS

• Free initial consultations
  • Straightforward pricing
  • 20% reduction in debt or no fee

CONS

• Not a member of the IAPDA

Top CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

The debt settlement process was good and I've completed the program … Working with CountryWide has made my life a lot better and a lot more stress-free.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly … We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over.

What is CountryWide debt relief?

CountryWide Debt Relief works with consumers to reduce their debt. If you feel that declaring bankruptcy is the only reasonable option left for you, you might be able to work with CountryWide Debt Relief to try another solution, such as debt settlement. CountryWide is a member of the AFCC and is FTC compliant.

How does CountryWide Debt Relief work?

CountryWide Debt Relief uses a form of debt relief known as debt settlement to lower consumers’ debt. CountryWide works with many kinds of debts, including personal loans, credit card bills, unsecured loans, medical bills and business debt. The company offers free consultations over the phone to see if you qualify.

CountryWide works with third-party agents who negotiate with your creditors to reduce your debt to a single, lump-sum payment. If CountryWide is successful in negotiating a smaller payment, you pay the company a fraction of the original debt owed. CountryWide’s debt settlement program typically takes between 24 and 48 months to complete.

How much does CountryWide Debt Relief cost?

CountryWide does not charge a fee if the company cannot negotiate your debt down to 80% or less of the original amount. If CountryWide is successful in negotiations, you pay the company a fee of 18% of the original debt owed. If the company reduces your debt by 50%, you’ll pay 68% of the original debt once the company adds its fee.

A typical negotiation result with CountryWide is 45% to 60% of the original debt owed, but results vary. CountryWide does not charge any upfront fees.

Do we recommend CountryWide Debt Relief?

We recommend CountryWide Debt Relief for its debt reduction guarantee, lack of upfront fees and track record of lowering debts for customers. CountryWide’s debt settlement program can provide the route you need to avoid bankruptcy. If you are struggling to get out of debt, consider applying for debt settlement services with CountryWide Debt Relief.

CountryWide Debt Relief Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I went to CountryWide to help me settle my debts. I investigated a few and it seemed to be the most attractive to me at the time. They asked for all of my credit verification, the paperwork from different companies, for credit cards and I mailed all of that to them. They told me what their process was and they took over, and bit by bit they settled these various debts. I didn’t have to do that myself because they negotiated for me.

The negotiator was always personable and professional. If I had questions they were answered. We negotiated and they made some suggestions, and I told them what I could afford to pay and we went from there. I thought the payment was a little high, but then I’m not really sure what other companies charge. Also they were always amiable with me. I exist on social security in three years. I have a limited income now, and they were always ready to work with me. If there were some months I couldn’t quite meet the amount of the payment they would work with me so I could pay less on some months. We figured the program would be done in three or four years. And I’m finished with it last month. It reduced the stress I would have had if had to do it all myself. The service I got was very good.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Glad to hear our service helped you reduce your debt stress and become debt free. Best wishes!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

The CountryWide people that I set up with were great but I didn't speak with them after. I was getting emails from somebody and I would email them back that I agreed. But no one stayed in contact with me through the whole process. That's how it's supposed to happen but that didn't happen. Also, I couldn't use the online service. It never let me log in. I then tried to get access and they expedited the whole issue.

I was called by one of the companies and I contacted CountryWide and told them that the company wanted to talk to them. But CountryWide didn't get back to them. I got a letter from that same company a week later still trying to negotiate. I called CountryWide the next day but I didn't hear from anybody. I tried to help them deal with it, there should be a follow-up but it didn't seem important. I was a little bummed out because I could've settled my debt for months and it could have been 20% cheaper. But I was told not to 'cause CountryWide is in negotiation but then they ended up negotiating at a higher total. Still, they took care of what I needed. I've completed the program so it's fine.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear Jacob, congratulations on completing your Debt Relief program and becoming Debt Free and Stress Free. We are glad you were able to use our Debt Consolidation Program to get yourself out of debt and take to heart all that you said. We will note to our client success team regarding your concern about not getting online access to make sure it doesn't happen again.. nonetheless, glad to see we were able to get your debts paid off. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were just drowning and CountryWide brought us back from the brinks of hell. We chose them as they seemed to be the easiest to work with. They were able to split up our payments. I had two payments a month. We could call and try and skip a payment if we had an emergency. When my mother died and I needed to go home for the funeral, I was able to call and ask if I could miss the payment that time and have some extra money. CountryWide was really good about that.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly. Everything was done by them. They would call me and tell me that they negotiated something, what the settlement was gonna be, and that they were gonna send me the papers. I would have to sign them, have them notarized, and send them right back to CountryWide. If I had any questions, I could let them know. But I didn’t have any because they were upfront with me the whole time. Nothing seemed shady. We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over. I'd tell friends and family members that CountryWide did us wonderfully.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear that our Debt Relief program helped you get the relief you needed from your debts and we appreciate your kind words. We take pride in providing the best debt consolidation options to consumers like yourself. Best wishes in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: July 10, 2019

CountryWide was the first I contacted and I paid off my debt with their help. I did exactly what they told me to do and paid the monthly payment. It was easier to pay one payment than pay all those different payments. But I don't think they really explain to you about how bad your credit is going to be for a while, while performing the program, and even after that. My credit wasn’t bad originally. I thought CountryWide's program was gonna sustain my credit and not kill it. They should have told me that this could kill my credit for almost long-term, and even after paying off the debt, it doesn't look good because I didn't pay it in full. They need to explain that a little bit more, and I should’ve been more responsible on looking at the after-effects to my credit.

I worked with Sequoia and she was really nice when I was able to get ahold of her. But when you call their number, it was absolutely difficult to ask anybody a question about your situation, unless you are signing up. Other than that, the program was really easy. When I wanted to extend one payment and then just make a double payment, they let me do it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I'm a single mom. I had to get loans then I was behind on my rent, so I was living paycheck to paycheck to pay the loans and the interest. I couldn't afford it and at the time, different people were saying to go bankruptcy but I heard that that's not good. A lot of people were also saying just to leave it alone but I said no. If I did that then it would all come back to me. So, I googled for help with the loan and CountryWide popped up online. I clicked on it, called them, and got some information. One of the people there was letting me know how it was gonna work, what I was gonna do, and what I could afford to. In the end, I reached out to consolidate my loans into one so that way, I could make monthly payments instead of paying all my debts out and going crazy.

It has been an awesome experience because anytime I had a question, I could always call CountryWide and they'd answer. Even if somebody wasn't in, I still got a call back. One time, I missed one payment and I had to call. I let them know that I didn't have the money at the time and they were able to help me even if I just asked them to take it out of my account a little bit late. In fact, they worked with me the whole time I was on their program.

The application was a long process since I was in a lot of debt but it felt worth it because I'm finally completely done. I've learned from my experience and I've grown a lot. I really appreciate the time that they took to help me get where I'm at. My interactions with their reps also went great because when I was done with the process, they called and let me know about it. They kept me updated and when I moved, I still was able to reach out with them to let them know that I moved and that everything was good. I really thank them for sticking by me. My credit hasn't jumped up a lot but to get that notice saying that I completed the program and that there are other opportunities was very exciting for me.

I work with a lot of people who are also single moms and some of us kinda overdo it. So I refer them to CountryWide and tell them that it was the best thing that happened to me. There were people that didn't like the program only because their payment was too high. But I told them that they gotta remember that all of their debts are consolidated into one. You they have to be able to stick with it and be prepared for what's gonna happen. So the program could get you confused in the beginning but when it comes to different parts of it, it's worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CountryWide Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

In a nutshell, my experience with them was pretty awesome. They helped me out quite a bit and I really appreciated their help. Lynda was very helpful.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad to see that our Debt Relief program was able to help you achieve your financial freedom goals. Best of luck in living life Debt Free and Stress Free!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

When I was searching on the internet for a debt relief place to help me, CountryWide Debt Relief came out on the search. I called and one of the representatives was very nice, cordial and helpful. He explained to me, from A to Z, how the program works. I said, “Let me give it a try,” and started right away. I had a good experience with the negotiator. They explained the whole process and how long it was going to take. I was in the program for three years until I finished paying. And when I did, I was really relieved.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Glad to see that our Debt Settlement program helped you become debt free within 3 years. Thank you and good luck!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

CountryWide helped me with my bills. I paid the debt that was owed, but I still haven’t received some information that I got from them. But all in all, I love them to death. I did what they told me to do, which I paid them on time, kept money in the bank, and everything was fine. I appreciate that. When I had a problem, I would call, and they answered my questions. So I really appreciate them being there for me.

Everything was done over the phone, but they explained everything to me. They explained to me when I first joined that if something did come in the mail, to give them a call and let them know. And they would tell me to send it to them or to disregard it or they would explain why they were sending it to me. That worked out just perfectly and it only happened twice. They explained to me what it was. I didn’t have to worry about it, and then everything was clear. I’ve finished the program, and I was satisfied. They helped me get out of debt, and I finally was able to save more money.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

We are glad to see you finish the program and that you are debt free and satisfied. Nothing makes us feel better than to hear a satisfied customer saved money through our debt negotiations program. Good luck!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I hurt my back and I lost my job so I had a lot of debt I couldn’t pay after that. I paid a certain amount each month to CountryWide and they negotiated all my loans and finally got them paid off. My first one was something like 11,000 and we settled that for seven. My credit had dropped down to like 500, and now it’s back up to seven something. The debt settlement process with CountryWide took a few years but I'm glad I did it. If I didn’t do it, I woulda had all kinds of lawsuits. I’d recommend CountryWide because they even sued one of the companies which was calling me after 8 o’clock at night. We won a couple of thousand dollars and CountryWide got 1,500.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear client, congratulations on completing your program and we wish you the best of luck in living debt free. We are happy to see our debt consolidation program was able to help you payoff your debts and help your credit score as well.

Original review: July 30, 2019

CountryWide paid all my debt. The process was easy 'cause I speak Spanish and they spoke to me in Spanish. They explained to me and they were responsive. It was a good deal 'cause I extended the program for a couple of months and everything was okay. I'm finished now and I'm satisfied.

CountryWide Debt Relief response

Dear client, glad to hear all your debt are paid off and that you are satisfied with our debt consolidation program. Good luck living life debt free and stress free.

CountryWide Debt Relief Company Information