2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

4.7/5 (74 ratings)

About Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada

Consolidated Credit was founded in 2005 and continues to help consumers with credit, debt and financial obligations. The company believes education is a key part of a person's financial success. It provides credit counseling, debt consolidation and financial education.

Pros

• Reduce your payments by up to 50%
  • Talk to a credit counselor
  • Free counseling services

Cons

• Only works with unsecured debt

Bottom Line

Consolidated Credit Canada is an online, nonprofit credit counseling agency that helps consumers find viable options to get out of debt.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We paid 100k in debts and that I'm happy but I had to call pretty much all my creditors myself at the beginning as they had no idea what Consolidated Credit was and Consolidated Credit never did any efforts to call them. So I did all the work myself PLUS when our program ended they asked us for a $3500 contribution trying to say that every clients gives them that at the end. When I said no the lady that finalizes the accounts she started treating with arrogance and was insulted that we didn't want to contribute that amount!!! Then she says: "What about half that amount?"

Both my wife and I were speechless on the phone! LIKE we just finished paying 100K and this lady (She should be fired by the way!) has the guts to make us feel bad and treating us with disrespect when we didn't want to contribute $3500!? Sounds like maybe she was going to have some commission with that amount as she was waaayyy too pushy! Anyways, if you see another company out there please go with another company than CONSOLIDATED CREDIT!!! Make yourself a big favor! Plus they didn't even negotiate for us, we paid more in the end in interests...

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Everyone has been very helpful and polite. Thank you but it would help a lot more and save tons of time if that every time you speak with a representative you don’t have to repeat setting up your account. My wife and I have done it numerous times which I think is silly.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I submitted my amounts due to each credit card company to Consolidated Credit three years ago when I got started. I was given an estimated date of final payments being made. Sometime during the initial phase of setting up the accounts. BMO Master Card said I owed $3,600 MORE than I thought I did. I stopped getting statements from BMO as soon as I signed up and Consolidated Credit didn't think that I needed to be notified of this significant increase in the amount I submit versus BMO. REALLY??? Now I am trying to figure out what happened. Like I said, horrible communication. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have been with CCCS of Canada for about a year now and they have been absolutely great with me from the very beginning. Always very friendly, Never any pressure, Always very helpful and understanding with whatever. Whenever I had to call them to talk to them for something, they were always a pleasure to deal with. Certainly takes the stress off of someone. I would highly recommend CCCS of Canada for all of your debt solution needs. And they are non-profit as well which is great. You have so much to gain by using their services. You will be glad you did! Thanks CCCS of Canada.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have tried numerous times to send an inquiry from your website regarding the change of financial institute and all I get back is, "Check your profile. There is an addition." There has never been any additions. Needless to say the issue has not been rectified, so right now with this issue I am not satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It's very hard that you speak with someone that you can identify with and at the same time feel like you have know the person for a very long time and that's the experience I had with Theresa. I would love to work with a company like Consolidated Credit to give back my time as this program has really help me in so many ways, Theresa is truly passionate about her job and helping others. Talking to her put another motivation step in my step to continue to push towards the final results, words can't explain how much I appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I pray God richest blessing on you. Thanks one Billion Theresa!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Add extra bill that I could not keep up with payment.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada response

Thank you for the 5 star review Raymond. We are happy you are able to manage your debt now. All the best to you!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I liked talking to Diana as she was very helpful and nice to talk to. She helped me with everything I needed and offered more assistance if anything comes up. Thank you very much.

Hi Roberta,

So happy to hear Diana was so helpful to you. Thank you for your 5 star review.

All the best to you.

Natasha

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Am just happy to know that people in Consolidated Credit company are accommodating, especially the lady that I spoke today. She's helpful to explain to me what I need to know about my case.

Hi Josephine,

Happy to hear you received top notch customer service - this is what we strive for.

Thanks for giving Consolidated Credit a 5 star review. All the best to you!

Natasha

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Today I spoke with yet another wonderful, & caring person, Mike... As have all my experiences with the members of the team there. He again was so helpful and took the time to assist with my questions. My 5 yr program is now down to 7 months, which is amazing! And throughout this time, I experienced many 'family' issues with loved ones, younger, passing with cancer. You all, including Supervisor Mona, have made this journey bearable, made me wonder why I hesitated for so long, before making my first call!! It was 'family' issues with sickness, Nursing Home, etc, that got me to the point of making the first call... Now look, such great support, understanding, and patience. you, Mike, and all the Team there make it an un-embarrassing situation, with such help along the way. Kudos to you all. 7 months to go. Wow!!

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada response

Congratulations Linda! We are so happy for you! You're an inspiration! Thank you for the 5 star review. All the best to you.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada Company Information