Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.63/5

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada

Consolidated Credit was founded in 2005 and continues to help consumers everyday with life-altering credit, debt, and financial obligations. They believe education is a key part of consumers's financial success. Their agency helps consumers get out of debt and get out fast. Services include: Credit Counseling, Debt Consolidation, and Financial Education. Call today or visit their website for access to free educational resources!

68 Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

Representative easily resolved the concern I had. She was extremely knowledgeable and even provided me with advice to better help my credit score while still paying off my remaining debts through their program! She is an asset to the company and wouldn’t hesitate to call if I need more help in the future.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have had no issues with Consolidated. They have helped me through what I thought I could not get through debt-wise. I would truly recommend to anyone who feels lost. My only quirk with Consolidated is that they cannot help out when you owe Revenue Canada. All in all the experience with customer service and everyone else has been an excellent one. Thank you, Consolidated.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Arranging payment dates to suit new job/pay dates. Contact was excellent to deal with. Handled my inquiry with understanding and was very professional. I appreciate the flexibility and assistance offered by the representative. Speaking with her was easy, comforting, for lack of a better term. Explained situation and details very clearly.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

As I am only 1 payment away from being completely debt free, I have to thank Consolidated for all their help. Before I started as a client I was in big trouble trying to pay off all the debt and it seemed like a never ending circle. Finally a friend told me about Consolidated and from the beginning they were kind and patient and certainly did not judge, they simply helped me get control of my debt and now it's almost over. Thank you Consolidated Credit!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Everyone has been very helpful and polite. Thank you but it would help a lot more and save tons of time if that every time you speak with a representative you don’t have to repeat setting up your account. My wife and I have done it numerous times which I think is silly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada?

Original review: July 13, 2019

I am really pleased that I made the decision to go with your program. I have no more worries about my debt load. No more sleepless nights. I can't thank you enough for helping me. I will definitely advertise.

Original review: May 14, 2019

It was an excellent experience. I was treated with respect and understanding. The consultant was knowledgeable and put me at ease in regards to my credit situation. I would highly recommend Consolidated Credit Services.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Very helpful, professional, and proficient in adjusting payment date. The service provided has significantly alleviated stress due to debt accumulation and has greatly assisted in reaching the goal of being debt-free as quickly as possible.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We paid 100k in debts and that I'm happy but I had to call pretty much all my creditors myself at the beginning as they had no idea what Consolidated Credit was and Consolidated Credit never did any efforts to call them. So I did all the work myself PLUS when our program ended they asked us for a $3500 contribution trying to say that every clients gives them that at the end. When I said no the lady that finalizes the accounts she started treating with arrogance and was insulted that we didn't want to contribute that amount!!! Then she says: "What about half that amount?"

Both my wife and I were speechless on the phone! LIKE we just finished paying 100K and this lady (She should be fired by the way!) has the guts to make us feel bad and treating us with disrespect when we didn't want to contribute $3500!? Sounds like maybe she was going to have some commission with that amount as she was waaayyy too pushy! Anyways, if you see another company out there please go with another company than CONSOLIDATED CREDIT!!! Make yourself a big favor! Plus they didn't even negotiate for us, we paid more in the end in interests...

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I submitted my amounts due to each credit card company to Consolidated Credit three years ago when I got started. I was given an estimated date of final payments being made. Sometime during the initial phase of setting up the accounts. BMO Master Card said I owed $3,600 MORE than I thought I did. I stopped getting statements from BMO as soon as I signed up and Consolidated Credit didn't think that I needed to be notified of this significant increase in the amount I submit versus BMO. REALLY??? Now I am trying to figure out what happened. Like I said, horrible communication. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc. is a nonprofit credit counseling organization that helps Canadians eliminate their debt responsibly. Their educational resources guide consumers to handle their current debt and learn money management skills that can prevent debt in the future.

• Low-cost: Because they are a nonprofit organization, consumers can seek counseling and education without paying exorbitant fees. You never pay a fee for counseling or expert advice. If your counselor advises you to enroll in a Debt Management Program, you will pay a start-up fee and a nominal monthly fee to cover the costs of servicing your account.

• Resources: Consolidated Credit has a library of online resources available free for anyone. Topics include decoding your credit report, cutting home energy costs, smart spending tips and more.

• Compare yourself to the rest of Canada: Find out how Canadians spend their money on Consolidated Credit’s website. You can use this chart as a starting point to determine where you might be overspending.

• Debt-to-income ratio calculator: Calculate your debt-to-income ratio using Consolidated Credit’s online calculator. Input your monthly income and your monthly debt payments for an accurate number.

• Customized corporate programs: Consolidated Credit can customize a seminar for your employees that will educate them on money management tools, tips and resources.

• Best for: for Canadian individuals, families and businesses.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg