Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.63/5

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada

Consolidated Credit was founded in 2005 and continues to help consumers everyday with life-altering credit, debt, and financial obligations. They believe education is a key part of consumers's financial success. Their agency helps consumers get out of debt and get out fast. Services include: Credit Counseling, Debt Consolidation, and Financial Education. Call today or visit their website for access to free educational resources!

68 Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

Representative easily resolved the concern I had. She was extremely knowledgeable and even provided me with advice to better help my credit score while still paying off my remaining debts through their program! She is an asset to the company and wouldn’t hesitate to call if I need more help in the future.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have had no issues with Consolidated. They have helped me through what I thought I could not get through debt-wise. I would truly recommend to anyone who feels lost. My only quirk with Consolidated is that they cannot help out when you owe Revenue Canada. All in all the experience with customer service and everyone else has been an excellent one. Thank you, Consolidated.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Arranging payment dates to suit new job/pay dates. Contact was excellent to deal with. Handled my inquiry with understanding and was very professional. I appreciate the flexibility and assistance offered by the representative. Speaking with her was easy, comforting, for lack of a better term. Explained situation and details very clearly.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

As I am only 1 payment away from being completely debt free, I have to thank Consolidated for all their help. Before I started as a client I was in big trouble trying to pay off all the debt and it seemed like a never ending circle. Finally a friend told me about Consolidated and from the beginning they were kind and patient and certainly did not judge, they simply helped me get control of my debt and now it's almost over. Thank you Consolidated Credit!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Everyone has been very helpful and polite. Thank you but it would help a lot more and save tons of time if that every time you speak with a representative you don’t have to repeat setting up your account. My wife and I have done it numerous times which I think is silly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada?

Original review: July 13, 2019

I am really pleased that I made the decision to go with your program. I have no more worries about my debt load. No more sleepless nights. I can't thank you enough for helping me. I will definitely advertise.

Original review: May 14, 2019

It was an excellent experience. I was treated with respect and understanding. The consultant was knowledgeable and put me at ease in regards to my credit situation. I would highly recommend Consolidated Credit Services.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Very helpful, professional, and proficient in adjusting payment date. The service provided has significantly alleviated stress due to debt accumulation and has greatly assisted in reaching the goal of being debt-free as quickly as possible.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We paid 100k in debts and that I'm happy but I had to call pretty much all my creditors myself at the beginning as they had no idea what Consolidated Credit was and Consolidated Credit never did any efforts to call them. So I did all the work myself PLUS when our program ended they asked us for a $3500 contribution trying to say that every clients gives them that at the end. When I said no the lady that finalizes the accounts she started treating with arrogance and was insulted that we didn't want to contribute that amount!!! Then she says: "What about half that amount?"

Both my wife and I were speechless on the phone! LIKE we just finished paying 100K and this lady (She should be fired by the way!) has the guts to make us feel bad and treating us with disrespect when we didn't want to contribute $3500!? Sounds like maybe she was going to have some commission with that amount as she was waaayyy too pushy! Anyways, if you see another company out there please go with another company than CONSOLIDATED CREDIT!!! Make yourself a big favor! Plus they didn't even negotiate for us, we paid more in the end in interests...

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I submitted my amounts due to each credit card company to Consolidated Credit three years ago when I got started. I was given an estimated date of final payments being made. Sometime during the initial phase of setting up the accounts. BMO Master Card said I owed $3,600 MORE than I thought I did. I stopped getting statements from BMO as soon as I signed up and Consolidated Credit didn't think that I needed to be notified of this significant increase in the amount I submit versus BMO. REALLY??? Now I am trying to figure out what happened. Like I said, horrible communication. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have been with CCCS of Canada for about a year now and they have been absolutely great with me from the very beginning. Always very friendly, Never any pressure, Always very helpful and understanding with whatever. Whenever I had to call them to talk to them for something, they were always a pleasure to deal with. Certainly takes the stress off of someone. I would highly recommend CCCS of Canada for all of your debt solution needs. And they are non-profit as well which is great. You have so much to gain by using their services. You will be glad you did! Thanks CCCS of Canada.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have tried numerous times to send an inquiry from your website regarding the change of financial institute and all I get back is, "Check your profile. There is an addition." There has never been any additions. Needless to say the issue has not been rectified, so right now with this issue I am not satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It's very hard that you speak with someone that you can identify with and at the same time feel like you have know the person for a very long time and that's the experience I had with Theresa. I would love to work with a company like Consolidated Credit to give back my time as this program has really help me in so many ways, Theresa is truly passionate about her job and helping others. Talking to her put another motivation step in my step to continue to push towards the final results, words can't explain how much I appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I pray God richest blessing on you. Thanks one Billion Theresa!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Add extra bill that I could not keep up with payment.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada response

Thank you for the 5 star review Raymond. We are happy you are able to manage your debt now. All the best to you!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I liked talking to Diana as she was very helpful and nice to talk to. She helped me with everything I needed and offered more assistance if anything comes up. Thank you very much.

Hi Roberta,

So happy to hear Diana was so helpful to you. Thank you for your 5 star review.

All the best to you.

Natasha

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Am just happy to know that people in Consolidated Credit company are accommodating, especially the lady that I spoke today. She's helpful to explain to me what I need to know about my case.

Hi Josephine,

Happy to hear you received top notch customer service - this is what we strive for.

Thanks for giving Consolidated Credit a 5 star review. All the best to you!

Natasha

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Today I spoke with yet another wonderful, & caring person, Mike... As have all my experiences with the members of the team there. He again was so helpful and took the time to assist with my questions. My 5 yr program is now down to 7 months, which is amazing! And throughout this time, I experienced many 'family' issues with loved ones, younger, passing with cancer. You all, including Supervisor Mona, have made this journey bearable, made me wonder why I hesitated for so long, before making my first call!! It was 'family' issues with sickness, Nursing Home, etc, that got me to the point of making the first call... Now look, such great support, understanding, and patience. you, Mike, and all the Team there make it an un-embarrassing situation, with such help along the way. Kudos to you all. 7 months to go. Wow!!

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada response

Congratulations Linda! We are so happy for you! You're an inspiration! Thank you for the 5 star review. All the best to you.

Natasha

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

My Wife and I are so happy with the help everybody has given us. We were drowning in debt and could see no way out until we saw your advertisement. Now we are at the beginning of a new chapter of our lives knowing that in five years we will be free and clear of debt.

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy for you and your wife as you enter a new chapter of your lives. All the best to you!

Best regards,

Natasha

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I needed help with my account. Tunuja was my contact rep. She told me what I could do and more. I told her that I was so happy with her help that I could cry! You should have your reps to take her as an example of her.

Malcolm,

Happy to hear Tunuja was so helpful. We wish you all the best and thank you for the 5 star review.

Natasha

Original review: July 29, 2016

Excellent experience. Very helpful and answered all my questions. Very understanding. Very pleasant.

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your kind 5 star review. I would like to wish you all the best!

Natasha

Original review: July 20, 2016

Tanuja was very thorough. There were complications with the accounts and she took her time and got it all sorted out. Very polite. Excellent help. Thank you Tanuja!!!

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada response

Thank you for the 5 star review Annie! We are so glad Tanuja was able to help you out. We wish you all the best!

Original review: July 13, 2016

I would like to commend the excellent and professional services extended by Terri-Ann on July 12, 2016. Terri-Ann is a proof that your company can deliver quality and efficient services to your clients.

Antonio,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review. Pleased to hear Terri-Ann was so helpful to you. We wish you all the best.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I have been with Consolidated Credit as a Customer for 3 years now and I want to say how professional and friendly your staff has always answered all my concerns, gave me a helpful advice and their response to my questions. I spoke to Liliana today and explained my situation and immediately she gave me the answer I was looking for! She helped me get access to my online account in just a few seconds! She was so nice on the phone, listened to me and very patient! I am very, very happy with their service. I will give 101%! Thanks so much for the service and I will highly recommend this to anyone who needs a fresh start!

Veronica,

Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy to hear you are off to a new fresh start with your money management. We wish you continued success as you pay off your debt.

Natasha

Original review: July 11, 2016

I would recommend your service to anyone that might be in a similar situation as I was. You gave me a second chance at making a difference in my life. My situation would probably have never been rectified if I had not taken this route since I was a widow with a set income. Thank you again.

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for your positive 5 star review. We are happy you were able to manage your finances while on a set income. We wish you nothing but continued success!

Natasha

Original review: June 29, 2016

I just wanted to express my appreciation regarding the great help that one of the Consolidated Credit staff member, Taniya, and the extra effort she put in toward working on getting our account resolved with Royal Bank. Every time I called CC, I was hoping she would be the one to answer the phone. I believe it was her effort that helped resolve the issue with Royal Bank.

Diane,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review. I am happy to hear Taniya was instrumental with helping you resolve your issue with Royal Bank. I wish you all of the best Diane.

Original review: June 28, 2016

Just want to thank you for helping a single father of three get back on his feet financially. Your courteous staff walked me through the entire process and helped me see a light at the end of a very long tunnel. The follow up call was very helpful, and giving me the tools to not only stay on the right path to financial freedom, but also for giving me the opportunity to check periodically on how well I'm doing. Thank you once again.

Tyrus,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are very happy to help you get back on your feet again. We wish you all the best.

Original review: June 28, 2016

In all honesty, Precious was top notch! She answered all my questions thoroughly, and made absolute sure I fully understood everything. She was also very patient, and seemed to genuinely to have my best interests at heart. She's definitely an asset to your organisation!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the 5 star review. I am so happy to hear Precious was very helpful to you and answered all of your questions. All the best to you.

Natasha

Original review: June 20, 2016

Consolidation - was really glad someone was able to help me get out of debt. Will tell everyone about your service. Thanks.

Sandra,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy you are on your way to managing your debt. Thank you for spreading the word about our services.

All the best,

Natasha

Original review: June 17, 2016

Thank you. I am very satisfied with the service of CC. Not only because they provide the convenience of freeing me from my debt but how patient and kind and cooperative the safe is and how well they listen. This is very important. I appreciate this excellent service. Thank you.

Joanne,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy to hear you are now free from your debt.

All the best to you!

Natasha

Original review: June 16, 2016

I was very skeptical about your services when I first found your organization online. There are so many scams and so much fraud I was scared to share my personal data. We are now so glad that we decided to contact you. In five years you have helped us pay off over $70,000 in debt!!! $70,000 in debt and still be able to keep up with our daily living expenses. Consolidated has been amazing to work with. Any concern I had was addressed immediately. Couldn't ask for better customer service. We can't thank you enough!!

Hi Catharine,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy you took the necessary steps to pay off more than $70,000 of debt. That's a wonderful accomplishment and we are truly happy for you.

We wish you all the best,

Natasha

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada, Inc. is a nonprofit credit counseling organization that helps Canadians eliminate their debt responsibly. Their educational resources guide consumers to handle their current debt and learn money management skills that can prevent debt in the future.

• Low-cost: Because they are a nonprofit organization, consumers can seek counseling and education without paying exorbitant fees. You never pay a fee for counseling or expert advice. If your counselor advises you to enroll in a Debt Management Program, you will pay a start-up fee and a nominal monthly fee to cover the costs of servicing your account.

• Resources: Consolidated Credit has a library of online resources available free for anyone. Topics include decoding your credit report, cutting home energy costs, smart spending tips and more.

• Compare yourself to the rest of Canada: Find out how Canadians spend their money on Consolidated Credit’s website. You can use this chart as a starting point to determine where you might be overspending.

• Debt-to-income ratio calculator: Calculate your debt-to-income ratio using Consolidated Credit’s online calculator. Input your monthly income and your monthly debt payments for an accurate number.

• Customized corporate programs: Consolidated Credit can customize a seminar for your employees that will educate them on money management tools, tips and resources.

• Best for: for Canadian individuals, families and businesses.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg