2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (158 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

One of my friends had Cambridge for her own debt management program so she suggested them. I looked into it and said, “That'd be a great idea.” I called Cambridge. I was living overseas in Germany at the time. The process was convenient and it was really easy to get ahold of them when I needed to. Once we got everything set up, it was just auto-debited and it was good to go. It was nice to see the balances go down and super exciting once it got down to the last payment. For me, just getting it all consolidated into one payment that I could just not have to worry about anymore was totally worth it. They worked great for me.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Hello, Heather. First of all, thank you for taking the time to review our services. We're happy to hear that you had an exemplary journey with our program. Having your payments pulled automatically is a great way to ensure that your single monthly payment is getting to your creditors stress-free.

We work diligently to make sure every client's concerns and questions are addressed. In fact, we've recently restructured our Customer Service department into a new, larger department called Customer Care that's going to make it even easier to get in touch with a member of our growing team.

Congratulations on graduating from our program! We hope that the free budget you created with your certified credit counselor is serving you well and you're on your way to building an emergency savings fund to help prepare for any financially stressful times.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I called Cambridge and they took care of my problem. They made it so much easier for me. They were real good and very personal. The service was good in the sense that I didn't have to worry about each month when the payment was being taken out of my account. It was an amount that I could afford and not worry about. Everything went really well. They treated me real well.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I completed the program and Cambridge Credit Counseling has excellent service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

It was wonderful with Cambridge. I was hesitant at first because it was new and I didn't know if I wanted to get into it. My ex-girlfriend told me to do it because her daughter had done it. I had put it off for probably a year and I wish I hadn't. I made the call and over the phone, they were very helpful. They explained everything to me. It took three or four years and it was difficult because it was a large amount of money. I worked two jobs and it pretty much consumed one of my paychecks. But I got done maybe seven months early because I paid off the remaining amount quickly. I'm glad that I was referred to Cambridge and I've pushed the idea to other people and encouraged them to call as well.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

The rep was great. He helped me get through what I needed to get through. If I ever needed to change my date of my payment because I was unable to make the payment that month or on that day, they were always able to make a change. Everybody was real nice there. I started with Cambridge in 2014 and it took me six years to pay down $37,000 something in debt. I got it done so it was great but I asked them if they could keep it open for me if I may have to come back. I can always come back if I have to.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I did a general search for help with managing my debt, specifically credit card debt. I went to the Better Business Bureau and found good ratings on Cambridge. It was easy getting in contact with them. And they had a really quick turnaround with contacting me and requesting my financial information. That was well-done. They even did a follow-up with me to confirm that I wanted their service and that all my information was correct. It was streamlined. I like that part.

At first, it took a couple of days for me to get a response back. And I feel that the email response system is professional and secure. But it takes too long to respond and too much of a turnaround time. I would prefer setting up an appointment with a phone call or a video chat or something with a quicker response. Or even a text message saying, “We got the message. We’ll respond soon.” I just feel the email is too lengthy of a process for me to get a response back from a counselor. Other than that, I have recommended this company and service to friends already because I am happy with the service provided. It helped me manage my credit card debt and get out of it, which was the ultimate goal.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Everybody at Cambridge was very efficient and professional. The whole experience was a positive one. We've completed the program the last year and we're a lot better off than we were before.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I heard some good news of Cambridge. I had a friend who was in with them and told me about it so I looked further into it. Through my years of experience, it worked out very well with me. When I very first started out, I spoke with a woman by the name of Emma. I don't know if she left or what happened but I ended up with two or three reps that I would talk to. But they were very helpful in anything. They all gave me good responses as far as what to do with my finances and how to build it up, and what they could help me with as far as what I had there. It was very good.

Since I've finished with it, I'm doing very well. It was a good feeling to have it over with. It taught me if you don't have the cash or the money, then you don't create a card. I'm being real strict on that part of it because I don't want to go back into what I was in. I've learned a lesson from it and I've been able to move forward. I’ve referred Cambridge to three people and I'm hoping that they follow through. The two other ones did go ahead and they've been pleased so far.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I had a lot of credit card debt and I wasn't getting anywhere with the interest rates. Through the internet and reading reviews, I went with Cambridge. They were very thorough. They got all the info and then came up with a plan for me at the time. It was good. I struggled a little bit with life changes and changing jobs at times, but it all worked out in the end. I was able to get through it and I am now debt-free. That was the goal.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I wanted to pay off my credit card debt quickly and soon. I wasn't able to, the way I had budgeted it. I did some research and Cambridge Credit was the best company to do that that was why I went with them. The counselor that I worked with, initially, was very well-spoken and professional. She outlined everything that I needed to send and do so my experience was very well and I enjoyed it. Surprisingly, the costs were low. I was expecting to be paying much more for their services. I was really happy with the costs that they charged for their services. However, sometimes, when I sent emails, it took a day or two to get back to me. Texting or calling or setting up an appointment and a quicker turnaround on the responses would be better.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I found Cambridge through my boyfriend. We both bowl, and we found it through our league. The enrollment process was simple and self-explanatory. The beginning was easy. The only thing I wish they would have informed me on was when I was able to pay off everything, the numbers were not going to be exact. I ended up owing companies after I did my payoff amount. It was irritating because whenever I spoke with the representative, they told me that all amounts should either be exact or they'll pay more, and I should get a refund back. That was definitely not the case.

Instead of Cambridge being the consulting company, I had to call out to each individual company to see what they were paying towards the amount and how much I would end up owing. It was more of a hassle and a nuisance than anything. If I'm paying them fees every month to take care of my accounts, then that should have been handled on their end. One of the things that we also noticed was, they would tell me how much they were taking out and putting towards each account, but they never told me what my balances were on those accounts.

That was another thing that I had to do. I was in serious debt, and I had multiple different companies. It was taking me hours and hours to figure out what I owed each company or what my balance was. I paid off all my debt and every person I ever worked with was great. I never had any issues, but instead of being a "Yes, ma'am. No, ma'am" kind of person, they could be more open with the process and how much I'm gonna have to pay as well as what I'd end up owing.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

With making too many payments too much, I was struggling. I lost some of my income and thought that Cambridge Credit Counseling was the only way that I could end up paying it all off without being late. The rep helped me, we got some details worked out and I had a good experience with him. I was set up on a payment plan that was manageable as well. I didn't have a problem making that much. It was automatically withdrawn from my account, so I knew on the fifth of every month that payment was going to come out. That worked really well. I got my statements every month and that was important to me. Everything was great. Getting all of my debt paid off has been a huge relief. I'm glad.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Whenever I initially talked with the members, they were willing to help me out and set me up with everything. This was all new to me and being able to have somebody walk me through the whole process and be there is what drew me to proceeding with Cambridge Credit Counseling. Enrolling was easy for me as well. It felt a lot more personal than just going to some corporate conglomerate that's says, "Okay, give us a list," and then they don't assist me through anything. Cambridge Credit Counseling asked me what expenses I had every month. I went through that with them, and we went item by item. They then came back and told me, "Okay, well, it's not going to work with this. So, what else can we do?"

I thought about my budget and pushed it further. We were able to get things worked out. Having them there again to push me and get things rolling was nice. They said to do the fifth of every month and that worked for my pay periods, so I went with it. I saw how much I was paying and how much I've paid in total on the statements every month, but it didn't provide an end balance of how much I still owed in total. I would have also enjoyed seeing how much I had left to go because if I had the ability to pay early or finish that a little bit earlier, I would have done so. Since I didn't know how much, I just kept paying the minimum.

I finally got rid of all of my outstanding debts. Being able to catch up on my finances and get my stuff back together is a big impact. Plus, the cost was perfectly acceptable. I didn't think it was outside of any insane price range and it made it easy to manage the rest of my finances. In my eyes, the value's there. The initial setup and getting the accounts rolling and getting the money distributed were most beneficial for me. There were other services available, like balancing my budget, but I recovered all of that on my own, so I didn't feel like it was necessary in my case. They also kept reaching out, checking in, and sending the emails like, "Hey, if you need any help, we're here." That constant communication and knowing that I'm not just a number in a queue somewhere was nice.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Everything's been good with Cambridge Credit. The customer service was helpful. They were easy to get ahold of and explained the process well. From start to finish, I had no issues at all. I was pleased with them. They did a good job.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Cambridge helped me out immensely. I was able to follow my schedule that I put in and I'm debt-free now. I am very satisfied with Cambridge and if I ever need them again, I'll contact them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My nephew used Cambridge and it was successful for him so I wanted to give it a try. The reps explained everything during enrollment and everything worked out well. They were very detailed on everything and made sure that I knew everything before I got into it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

The experience was very good. When I contacted a representative, I got somebody right away and I explained my situation. They were very thorough, and I didn't feel judged. After everything was set up, it was done. As long as I had the money for them, everything was smooth. There were different people I spoke to at different times, and they were all very professional and patient.

Cambridge made things a lot easier when it came to dealing with my credit card debt. When I was almost done paying off my bill, I liked how they reached out and let me know what was going on as well as the future procedures that would be taking place, because I didn't even think about it myself. They’re very proactive and straightforward. The cost was also reasonable for me. The service was worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I have two special needs children, and we had an insurance issue in March three years ago. We always had two insurances (lots of therapies). One would cover the copays, and the other would cover everything else. My husband's employer changed insurance policies, and they were supposed to remain the same. However, we found out that they weren't paying the copays anymore after we had already racked up three months’ worth of copays, which was almost $3,000. With copays, you have to pay them to be able to come back and get more services. We had to use almost two months’ worth of credit card bills, while the credit card bills then were late. What happens is when you pay a credit card late, even if it's 2% or 3% interest, suddenly, it jumps up to 29.

We had to keep paying for the insurance too. We couldn't drop it because we had to have some ridiculous qualifying life event, even though they're the ones that changed it. We only had to pay for the $1,000 a month for the copays. We were also late with our credit card, so they went higher because the interest rates went up. We got stuck into a situation where we couldn't cover everything, so I went to Cambridge to try to figure out how to deal with the debt and still be able to pay these other things. They worked with the companies, got them down to the lower interest rates and worked out a plan. It went absolutely great. The cost was very much worth it too. $40 a month was not much to pay for helping us totally get on our feet again.

There was a lot of anxiety and they were very helpful. Any time that I contacted them for some kind of document that I needed for some reason, they were immediately responsive. I had everything I needed right away. The customer support was very good. I was aware of everything I needed to know, when I needed to know it. We finished out a little earlier than expected and now, we're putting away the money we were paying to hopefully purchase our house in June. We’re putting it back for a down payment.

I have recommended Cambridge Credit Counseling to folks who are in similar boats. I explain to them it's something they could do themselves, except the negotiation. They're already in a situation where they're stressed because they're dealing with something that got them there to begin with, or they've had trouble managing. If they have the ability to really handle those things and function well to begin with, they would have done it. There's no reason not to have people who can track everything for them, step in and give them the structure so they can function and focus on what they need to instead of tedious stuff that takes up their attention away from the things that they're trying to make better in life.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I used Cambridge before. I was referred by a family member. The enrollment was easy-peasy. Their representatives were always great. Cambridge was able to get my interest rates down. It was the only way. It seemed viable and it wasn't my first time doing it. This time around, I caught up and got ahead. Overall, Cambridge is fantastic. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

The people from Cambridge were really personable. They checked in a lot with me and it felt more like a counseling group than like a business. They really were more out to help me than help themselves. It wasn't about what they were going to make off of my fees. It was really easy to deal with them. I got my credit counselor and she walked through everything with me. went through all of my debt, went through what the payments would look like, really was very open about everything.

You get monthly reports and there are check-ins constantly with Cambridge. You see what your progress is. I had some questions when I was coming to the end of some of my payments about what to do next and they were very responsive. Even during the pandemic, they've always had somebody there to guide you. I was done with my payments in December. It really helped me and my credit is really good now. They are really awesome and I'm so happy. It was a really good experience. If I knew anybody that needed the services, I would absolutely point them in their direction. They also offer other services, if you want them or not, at no cost. They're really specific and they really spell out everything at the beginning.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Cambridge was vocal to us. We had a really good experience with them. They walked us through the process and their fees were reasonable. They were available for phone calls whenever we needed them. They told us step-by-step what was going to happen. They were very nice on the phone as well. We never met in person, which was convenient, because we didn't have to go in anywhere, sign paperwork. They did it all electronically, which was great. So, that was nice. Cambridge did a really great job. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Everything was okay with Cambridge. People were responsive. However, something was odd. It wasn’t what eventually the payments came out to. But everything worked out.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I heard great things about Cambridge and I was recommended by a friend. The program that they provided me with was awesome. They were able to help me complete a couple of credits that I had outstanding and they walked me through it to help improve my credit score. They did exactly what they said they were going to do and followed through with it. I stuck with it until we got it all cleared up and now, I'm completed. They worked with me to set up a plan that I was comfortable with and that I can afford, and that was good. I thank them for being great people. They were very nice and helpful. If I had any questions, I could call them. They also kept sending me my update accounts to tell me where I stood. They showed me how I can get out of debt fast and it was a good experience. I would recommend them anytime to anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

My health insurance, UPMC Health Insurance, recommended them, so I felt I could trust them. There was a lot to register and it was a little challenging for me. It was a lot for me to take in initially and to understand what was going on. So breaking down the process in the very beginning would have been helpful for somebody in my age group without any experience with this.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

The experience with Cambridge Credit Counseling was awfully good. The guy was very professional. I just had one late payment that kept coming up time after time that hurt my credit. It was automatically withdrawn every month, and somehow, Cambridge forgot to take one of them. I saw it on my credit report and I wasn't excited about that. That's the only complaint I have with them. But mistakes happen. Other than that, I like their accounting, and frankly, they don't charge very much.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

The program certainly helped me to pay off some debt and paying the payment every month so that’s a great impact. I'm about $30,000 out of debt, and I was consistent in paying it off so that helped, as well as having everything consolidated in one thing. I just paid my bill on time and that was it. I asked questions about one of my bills, if I paid something out, where is the rest of the money going, etc. Cambridge answered my question and I was satisfied with the response they gave. If I didn't get the answer that I thought I should have gotten, I called back and asked somebody else again. Overall, Cambridge is a good program if you need the discipline, you can’t pay your bills on your own, or if all your bill collectors are calling you, or you’re feeling overwhelmed with debt and you just want to pay somebody and let them distribute the money.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

We had Cambridge contact all the credit card companies and make arrangements to see how much they would take in for payment each month, and then, whether or not we could afford that. Went back and forth, negotiated until we got it where we could afford it, and they were satisfied. Then, they took the money out of our account each month and paid each one of those that we owed so that we didn't have to be writing multiple checks each month to different places. They provided a vast library of resources, as far as how to make a budget, how to spend smartly and that sort of thing. It was handled with discretion. They worked with us and made sure that in order for us to get things paid as quickly as possible, to really put forth that extra effort and cut out what can be cut out, and just get this down, so we're not paying it forever. We're finished now.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

The experience that I had was great. My agent did what he said he would do. He took care of the bill, I paid my bill, and got rid of it. I even overpaid, so I got a $2.56 refund.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

My counselor was very nice. He explained everything to me. He sent me emails every so often, making sure everything was okay. Cambridge consolidated all the credit card bills. They were very easy to work with. They were very informative and helpful. In the beginning, they worked out a payment plan, and had it automatic draft out of my account every month. That was almost $400 a month and I've paid them off. I have extra now.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

We had racked up some debt and Cambridge was very helpful. They were willing to take the lump sum and they estimated monthly what we could do to pay off our debt. They gave monthly statements showing how much we spent. It was a very nice spreadsheet. Also, I hardly had to speak to them and the couple of times that I did, I would ask if we could pay a little more and they would give me feedback. It was nice that they were always there - we knew the date that they were going to take the money out and they would always follow up. We have completed it as of Christmas.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Katerine, congratulations on completing our debt management program! We love to hear that clients are happy and debt-free. We try to make this process as simple and streamlined as possible to ease our client's stress. We know that acknowledging and confronting financial problems is certainly a difficult task.

We encourage our clients to contribute more than their expected monthly payments if they're able to while still contributing to their savings. There is no fee and the benefit is that they will finish our program much faster than their anticipated completion date. Of course, if they are not able to that's okay! We're here to work with consumers to get them out of debt as quickly as possible in a way that's comfortable for them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information