67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (105 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was recommended to Cambridge by my son-in-law and I will also refer them to other clients. He had gone through the program and said that Cambridge saved his credit. I enjoyed working with Cambridge. If I had any situations, they were ready, willing and able to help me. I was informed about everything. I got a monthly statement and if there was anything else once it was paid out, they sent me a notice telling me to call the business because I might have a refund. Everything was documented throughout the whole process. When the bills came, I could see that the payments were being made so it worked well for me. I just wish other institutions were open to the programs. Credit card companies do, but banks wouldn't take part in it. All of my debts probably would have been paid off by now if they did.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

The reps at Cambridge were very helpful and explained everything very well. It sold me on the program and figured it was one way in order to get my credit back on track. Now, I know enough to pay my payments and don't let them be late.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

The program was very successful. I'm completely finished with it and my credit is definitely better. Anything you needed help with, Cambridge would really do what they could to help you.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I liked that I didn't have to do all of my credit cards. I also liked that they didn't make me sign up other financial institutions that make me close out everything. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The cost was reasonable.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

They were great. They helped me get rid of my debt, which is wonderful. The process was very simple. I gave them the information that I had and then I set up automatic payments with them so every month, they could take what they needed out of my account. It was very easy. A very nice person called me and let me know that October was my last payment. So everything's good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

The program was wonderful. It got me out of debt shortly. Once I started the program, I felt that I was gonna get it out of the way. Working with them stopped me in that I'm not gonna get in that shape again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

The guy with Cambridge seemed honest and straightforward. We talked a little bit about the process and I had a good feeling with him. Originally, it was the same guy that I was talking to. I call maybe once a year to ask them a couple questions and it was somebody different but I always felt I was in good hands. Sometimes you got to watch out for stuff like that but Cambridge did everything they said they were gonna do. I never saw anything shady and it worked out very well. The program took four years. I set a deal up where they took out X amount of money off each card each month. They made $50 a month off of it, which is understandable. We also got notifications when this or that had been paid off. Cambridge helped out a lot and I've recommended them to several people. The drawback is you can't use your card anymore but that's the whole goal. I was very pleased with the whole process. It took a few years but I saved on interest that we weren't gonna get anywhere.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

The process with Cambridge was not cumbersome. You call the 1-800 number and send in a form online. I did not necessarily pay attention to how long it took to get my debts settled but I completed the program.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Cambridge’s customer service was great. They sent updates and kept me aware of what was going on. They made sure I got my payment down on time. It was an excellent experience. They were accommodating with my schedule so that I wouldn't miss a payment. They told me what I was able to do to make sure that I gave them enough time and notice. I would recommend Cambridge to others. I was able to reach my credit score goal as well as making sure that all my debts have been taken care of.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

The reps explained everything well and easy so that I knew what I was getting into. Working with Cambridge helped me pay off everything quicker. They gave me a date and they expected the program to take longer but it wound up being faster so it worked out even better. The service was great.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Cambridge was very responsive. They worked quickly. They had excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Going with Cambridge was painless and efficient. It was perfect. The program took a lot of pressure off me and I was appreciative of it. It allowed me to get out from under. It was straightforward and I was kept up to date every couple of weeks and every month. If they ever needed anything, they would send me an email or they would call me and they would ask me to call. They were pretty responsive and I never sat on hold very long. I never was unable to get someone to furnish an answer. It went great and the program did what it said it was going to do.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I like the way Cambridge works, how they help us to pay off our accounts as soon as possible. I had also worked with them when I was younger.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Enrolling with Cambridge was seamless. The reps were very professional. I'm very satisfied in how things were handled and how it went. I had peace of mind that things were being done for me in a positive way financially.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Cambridge was useful and organized. The rep was professional and helpful. Everything was scheduled for me and there was no change in the plan. Everything continued just as they described it. So, I knew the timeline of when the debt would be paid and didn't have to worry about anything. They sent us monthly updates. At one point, we were trying to figure out how much longer we have left in the program and we received a prompt response.

Cambridge reached out to the creditors and then got back and too often told us what the proposal look like, and it was better than what we thought. So, we were happy. The first try, we didn't have to negotiate anything because Cambridge did it for us.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Things went really smoothly when I enrolled with Cambridge because I had the automatic deduction. Their reps were very professional and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Cambridge's customer service was great. They were very helpful. They made the process pretty seamless. When they took over my credit, I was just making one monthly payment, and it just made everything so much easier. I would recommend them. We were drowned in the debt. We saw them all paid off and it didn't take that long either. Cambridge is trustworthy.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Everybody at Cambridge was very helpful. The payments and how they broke it between the different credit cards to make the payments were good. Enrolling was super easy. I didn't have to do much. They made everything very easily explained. I felt like they were really there to help me and not just use me to make money. I got everything paid off. It relieved a lot of stress. I was really struggling with all the multiple payments because the interest is so hard when you have three different credit cards with a higher rate. So when it was lowered, it was so much easier to manage.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Working with Cambridge got me out of debt. I didn't work with anybody in person since they're in Massachusetts and I'm in Oklahoma. I did things over the phone, and the process was very good.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I loved working with Cambridge. They were friendly, caring and very helpful. They helped me take care of all the credit cards that my deceased wife accumulated. All my debts are paid and I have a certificate of completion.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Cambridge was wonderful and well worth it. I called, got set up with someone and she asked me my monthly expenses and how much I made. We went over that, estimated how much I could afford then I was put on a monthly payment. With the extremely low interest rates, it was much easier than making the seven different payments. I was able to make one monthly payment then everything was taken care of for me. It simplified things and I was able to pay the debt off sooner than I thought. The program was supposed to be 48 months, but I wound up increasing the monthly payment due to saving quite a bit. It worked out very well.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I liked the way Cambridge sounded and the way they're organized. I also felt comfortable with them, so I decided to use their service. They've helped me tremendously. They paid all my bills for me and I didn't need to do it myself. It's hard for me to sit down and get everything together on paper, because I'm already so overloaded. And I liked to have them back, because I'm going on 65 years of age. I'm not getting any younger and it's getting a little more harder for me. I love Cambridge so much. They provide superior service, and their reps are friendly and respectful. I miss each and everyone of them. They’re all the same when it comes to kindness and courteousness. That’s a nice thing because in most jobs you’ll find, maybe out of 100%, you might find 95% that’s good, but 5% is not. But in that company, it’s 100% good.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

The credit counselors I worked with were very professional and very accurate. You could always get them by phone or email and when there were some times where we needed to move the date a few days, there was never an issue. Their service is well-worth it and if somebody was in that kind of situation that we were, I would tell them not hesitate going with Cambridge. They are very discreet and very non-judgmental. They knew what they were talking about and what they said would happen, happened.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

It was nice talking to the counselor at Cambridge and everything went well with them. I like that they are willing to go along with you and try to make it easier for you and showing you how to save your money.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I had to go with a company that was under 5,000 and I used Cambridge. They helped me take care of my bills. I had everything taken out of my account on a monthly basis until it was paid off. It took three years and I'm finished now.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I had a Wells Fargo credit card, which had a 25% interest, and I decided to put it with Cambridge so they would negotiate a lower rate. I should have taken advantage of more of the options. But they were very nice whenever I called. Working with them made my life easier because I wasn't being victimized by these ridiculous rates and it made my life happier. I'm glad I paid off the card. This was not a situation that existed when I was growing up. They did not have credit cards that did this to people. So, any help that people who are in the know could give would be great. I wish I hadn't had to pay somebody a percentage of my payments in order to negotiate my rate down. But I was very grateful that it didn't hurt my credit rating.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It was a simple process getting into Cambridge's program and that was one of the reasons that got me interested in it because it didn't take much for me. Also, the rep I worked with was very informative. I got an email or something every month checking up, seeing where I was in the program, how I was doing, and if I had any questions. Anytime I had a question, they were always available for me to get an answer and they did whatever I needed them to do to make it work. They didn't want to put me in a bigger bind and they worked with me as I was going through the program.

It was an easy program to be a part of. It wasn't high-risk to do it and it was organized well enough that I could keep up with what was going on. Especially at the end, I got an email about every week letting me know that I was about at the end of it and which accounts were done. It was pretty neat to have something like that. Whatever they told me the program is was exactly what it was and the cost was pretty reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

It was getting tough to pay the minimum balances and I didn't want to fall behind. There were a couple of my debts that I was a little bit late on. A lot of them were increasing the interest rates and the interest rates were absolutely ridiculous on some of them. Then, the late fees that they were charging were, to me, very unwilling to work with. Cambridge helped immensely with that. They eliminated the late fees and the interest rates. Some of them were over 30%. We are repeat customers and they had a system that worked for us. They were very professional and it was easy to get ahold of somebody if we had an issue. If you feel like you're in a tight spot and you're having a tough time managing your finances, give Cambridge a call and let them put a plan together for you and give it a shot because it works for me. Having that one payment every month, you know the dollar amount that you are paying, and it's very easy to manage.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The representatives were prompt when I had questions and they sent me follow-up emails about budgeting with Cambridge. The cost is about right because I had about 13 cards and I'm paying 357 a month, which was less than I would have been paying on all 13 of those cards separately. There was only one incident that I needed to change the payment plan and that was on my own. I was a victim of identity theft and I had to close my checking account completely and I had to get another one, and they worked with me with that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I love Cambridge. They were on point with everything. They kept me updated and they made me feel very comfortable. I would refer them to everybody in the world. I just finished my consolidation and I got my certificate the other day. Cambridge took my APR's down from what they were. I appreciated that too. They really worked with me.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information