67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (126 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It was a simple process getting into Cambridge's program and that was one of the reasons that got me interested in it because it didn't take much for me. Also, the rep I worked with was very informative. I got an email or something every month checking up, seeing where I was in the program, how I was doing, and if I had any questions. Anytime I had a question, they were always available for me to get an answer and they did whatever I needed them to do to make it work. They didn't want to put me in a bigger bind and they worked with me as I was going through the program.

It was an easy program to be a part of. It wasn't high-risk to do it and it was organized well enough that I could keep up with what was going on. Especially at the end, I got an email about every week letting me know that I was about at the end of it and which accounts were done. It was pretty neat to have something like that. Whatever they told me the program is was exactly what it was and the cost was pretty reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

It was getting tough to pay the minimum balances and I didn't want to fall behind. There were a couple of my debts that I was a little bit late on. A lot of them were increasing the interest rates and the interest rates were absolutely ridiculous on some of them. Then, the late fees that they were charging were, to me, very unwilling to work with. Cambridge helped immensely with that. They eliminated the late fees and the interest rates. Some of them were over 30%. We are repeat customers and they had a system that worked for us. They were very professional and it was easy to get ahold of somebody if we had an issue. If you feel like you're in a tight spot and you're having a tough time managing your finances, give Cambridge a call and let them put a plan together for you and give it a shot because it works for me. Having that one payment every month, you know the dollar amount that you are paying, and it's very easy to manage.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The representatives were prompt when I had questions and they sent me follow-up emails about budgeting with Cambridge. The cost is about right because I had about 13 cards and I'm paying 357 a month, which was less than I would have been paying on all 13 of those cards separately. There was only one incident that I needed to change the payment plan and that was on my own. I was a victim of identity theft and I had to close my checking account completely and I had to get another one, and they worked with me with that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I love Cambridge. They were on point with everything. They kept me updated and they made me feel very comfortable. I would refer them to everybody in the world. I just finished my consolidation and I got my certificate the other day. Cambridge took my APR's down from what they were. I appreciated that too. They really worked with me.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I've finished the program with Cambridge. It was short and sweet, and they gave me all the resources I needed. They were super easy to work with and always able to answer any questions that I had. They relieved so much stress from my life. Three years ago, I was hopeless and drowning. I was able to consolidate everything into one easy payment and now, I don’t have credit cards anymore.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I lost my husband a few years before and I was nervous about doing the debt consolidation, but the reps were extremely patient. I tried to back out a couple times, and I'd wind up going back to them. They were very understanding, and I don't remember having a bad or not good enough response or time with them. They were outstanding. I might have been fortunate and just got the great ones, but everything I got from them was fabulous.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

The guy I talked to at Cambridge explained everything to me very well and walked me through the process, which was helpful. He even went on to talk about some what-if scenarios after the fact or during the process such as its impact if we wanted to buy a house or a car. He was able to answer all of those questions well and got us comfortable with what the program was gonna entail. We felt good about the decision when we went with it at that time. It was a five-year plan and we just finished it. We had just over a little more over a year left on it when we were able to pay everything off a couple of months ago.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Cambridge sends me a statement every month and does check-ups periodically on how I'm doing. They expect to pay a fee every month for dispersal of the funds, which is $60, and it isn't too bad. The process is easy and quick. They've been good.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I called Cambridge and they had me fax over all my information. They helped me pay everything on time. It was great.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

It was nice in the beginning that when I was super stressed out and unsure of how to take care of the debt issues, Cambridge was super supportive and made me feel like I wasn't failing. I was happy with their ability to get the credit card companies to agree to 0% interest in exchange for closing the account. It was pretty seamless. They did credit counseling where they provided me with some tools, like budgeting, and I'm better equipped to not get into the situation I was in before again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

The representatives were very professional. It was easy working with them. The price was fair and I completely paid it off as of last month. I would recommend my friends to do debt consolidation with Cambridge.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

The Cambridge rep explained everything to me and how much I would pay out of pocket for the service. It was very simple and it worked out good. They provided great service and they did everything for me. As the amounts were going down, the money that was going in every month would go toward other bills so it went faster and faster. My family was really elated. Working with Cambridge saved my life. I'm self-supporting and I’m on a fixed income. I needed something that would work with me and wouldn't put a strain on my finances. The program was peace of mind and it was perfect for me. I paid off all the bills and everybody was happy with how things turned out.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I had good communication with the reps. They guided me step by step on how the process was gonna be. Each time I needed help or had a question, they answered or helped me with whatever I needed. They would always answer the phone and the communication was right away. I used to stress a lot about making multiple payments. I wouldn't sometimes remember making the payments and which one was next. Cambridge helped me to make one single payment instead of multiple ones. I was able to pay off debt that took me a while to pay off and it was stress-free and faster than I thought it was gonna be. Cambridge is a great service. For what they provide, it was worth whatever the fees I have to pay.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Working with Cambridge was easy and the rep was awesome. I didn't have to worry about things.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I've talked to a few different people over the years now, and everyone's always been very helpful. Initially, they gave me a number for my payment then over time, as accounts got paid off, we were able to discuss options and negotiate it based on my needs. Working with them was simple enough for me that I could have the security of knowing that there were people who were looking out for my goals and providing the support I needed to reach those goals. I could fully trust them with my finances and getting to this goal that we were all working together towards.

I'm so happy that the program is done. Everybody that I dealt with over at Cambridge was always great. They were good about following up on and checking in about things, and when I ran into situations where I wasn't going to be able to pay or that there were gonna be delays or I was trying to figure out the best option if I didn't have enough money to make the full payment. I was always spoken with in a way that made me feel it was gonna be okay and I was given options that were always very clear. I always felt very reassured that we were still on the right track.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Cambridge taught me how to budget, not overspend and let go of credit cards and it was a good experience. I paid off everything that was in the program early, and I was happy with them. They really helped and now I'm out of that debt, I'm not going to get back into it again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Cambridge was absolutely fantastic. We gave them all our information. They reached out to the credit card company to try and get a lower APR with a promise that they'd make the payments from our bank account. Once they did that, and it was in writing, they sent the information back to me and my wife and we signed it. They came up with what all the companies would settle for. If some of the APRs were something ridiculous and we'd gotten behind on the 24%, a lot of that would get dropped down to 12% with a guarantee that that credit card company is going to get paid at the same time every month. They would withdraw it from our account, and then they disperse it to the companies.

If we have questions, we emailed or called, and we got a quick response within 20 minutes. They treated us really well and I was really appreciative of it. We got our debt paid off. Both vehicles now are paid off. It's made it so much less stressful than having to deal with a credit card company calling every day. If anybody is struggling in debt for poor choices they've made, I would 1,000,000% recommend Cambridge to get that stuff straightened out.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The person that I talked to during the enrollment was absolutely wonderful. The payment plan worked out. They took it right out of my bank account so I wouldn't stall on paying. Cambridge has let me accomplish what I needed to accomplish. I paid off five credit cards and two hospital bills. I feel much freer. The reps have all been really nice. I had no problem except when State Farm Bank went to UFB Bank and they had it down that I wasn't paying my bills. My credit score went way down because of that.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Cambridge took all my credit cards and they called them to see if they would join the program. Every company joined except for one, so I’m still paying it off. Signing up with the program was so easy. They just took money out of my account every month, and paid the credit card, so I didn’t have to and I wouldn’t miss a payment by accident. And I paid off in four years. I talked to a lady and she was really nice. She explained everything to me. It made me feel so much better because the payments were a lot lower than having to pay off credit cards. The program was also pretty lowkey and so low maintenance for me. I didn't ever have to call them and they never called me. It just got taken care of. I liked it.

Setting up the payment plan, I got to pick. They told me exactly how much and it was the same amount every month. Then for the last month, it was a tiny bit lower, which was nice. I saved a little bit of money. Everyone I talked to was really nice and got back to me in a timely manner. It was awesome. I'm done with program now. Working with Cambridge was such a relief. Not only did it take away all my credit card debt, it improved my credit score.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I've spoken with quite a few representatives during the two and a half years that I was in the program and they were wonderful. They cleared off a bunch of unneeded store cards. The program was great until I got a letter yesterday saying that payments weren't received by one of the debt places that they had listed down. It could be a fluke and it's another thing I got to follow up with.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

We had a good relationship with Cambridge. They were good people. They were very understanding, and everything went fine. The credit cards are all paid off now. It was wonderful because I had cancer and was sick.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I had a few different surgeries and I was getting behind on all of our bills, including our mortgage. I went into pre-foreclosure twice and I had shed too many tears at that point. That was when I got in touch with Cambridge and I was really able to get back on track. I've been with them for the last three years and I've noticed some difference within the past six to nine months. Their reps were wonderful and I've been able to talk to someone quickly when I call them. They answered all my calls easily and most of the time, I didn't have further questions because they were able to answer everything well for me. I've been very happy with Cambridge and I've told a couple other people about the program.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I was very impressed with Cambridge's reps and their program. They were very professional in their approach. They asked the immediate questions. They answered my questions. They told me that it would take time to work everything out. They were very helpful. I receive updates monthly on my program. Cambridge also helped me with credit counseling. All along the journey, they keep in touch with me. Anyone who would consider them would be making a wise choice.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Cambridge is doing a fantastic job and I love them. Their reps were very professional and very helpful. They helped me understand the path that I was going as far as putting these things on the program. And every time I called, there was not a time where I felt that they didn't want to talk to me anymore. They were willing to help me, too. They made my life easy doing the program and I'm able to keep a track of things now. I told my sister that the program worked for me, and about Cambridge's great service and great people. I also told her that they only charge you a little bit of money. So that day, she called and it saved her at least 300. She was so excited and I told her to pass the word. When she talks to people who are trying to figure it out, she should tell them that they don't have to as Cambridge will figure it out for them.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I was very satisfied with Cambridge's rep. His name was Tim and he was very direct with me. He proceeded to tell me how much he would have to take out of my account. I told him my situation, about the number of credit cards I had, and that I was primarily receiving disability. He encouraged me to go ahead and have my credit cards consolidated through them. I was under some stress because I was paying high rent where I lived but I managed to come up with the amount every month for about four years. They kept the same amount that they took out of my credit card every month and they were very consistent all through my interaction with them. I got some good advice from them, too. When I was first starting, Tim said that I could possibly have one or two credit cards. But I didn't want any credit cards at the time and decided I would not have any until I paid my debts off. Tim was awesome and I appreciate him.

Cambridge's reps didn't harass me constantly either. I used to call them up from time to time just to check my account but I didn’t feel like I had to call them up that much because I felt that confident in them. It was a miracle for me to pay off those credit cards and I wouldn't ever have done it without Cambridge. They really saved my life because I was at a point where I didn't know what I was going to do. I also called them a few weeks ago and asked for some more business cards so I can share it with other people.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I got all my debt figured out with Cambridge. It took a few years and I wish I could have done everything in one year, but that's just how they work. My experience with them have always been good but I'm trying to raise my credit score up and it doesn't look like it moved any.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Cambridge has good customer service. Everybody that I spoke with helped me out through the whole thing and everything they did was excellent. I got all my credit cards paid off which was what I wanted to do. I’m trying to talk my son in it because he's always crying about his credit card. I'm trying to tell him to do what I did and that in two years, he’ll be out of it.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Getting out of debt would have taken me forever if it wasn't for Cambridge. They were able to consolidate some of my credit cards and other debts, get my interest rates down, and pay it off a lot sooner, which helped me make my credit better. My credit score’s going up. I fluctuate between 680 and 704, depending on how much I put on my one card before it gets reported back. Before, I was at the very low 600 and when I first started, I was below that. The problem was I wasn't managing my finances and Cambridge enabled me to learn how to do that. The biggest impact it had was teaching me that I needed to follow a budget and allocate my money instead of just free-falling it.

I got an email about one of their tools, the budget tool, and I didn't use it, but I created my own Excel spreadsheet. When you're doing it on your head, that's not a budget. I have all my bills listed, and after I put it into my spreadsheet, I would see how much I would have left over and I knew not to go over that. I could see what I could spend on groceries and other things right there. It makes a real difference when you sit down, make a budget and see what you're doing with your money. I make a spreadsheet every mid-month, and I do it religiously. It has helped me get myself back on track.

Cambridge taught me the importance of managing my money. I have two paychecks a month and every so many months, it winds up being three in a month. Before, I had to spend an entire check on my rent. Now, I can split that between two, and I put away half of it with my first check and half of it with the second and third. I'm not cramped each pay day. I got room to pay my other bills, have money for myself and save some and/or put towards lowering my debt.

I've gotten rid of three other credit cards since then. Now, I have four, but I just opened one of them. It's like a Walmart card and I use that to pay bills and expenses. I use it to get the points and then I pay it off right away with the money out of my account. So far, I've had it for three months, and I've earned $50 towards paying off that credit card. I also removed my account from a no-interest bank, and I moved it over to Capital One, which I'm earning interest on my checking and on savings every month. While my money’s sitting there, it's working for me and I've been able to put savings away.

Original review: July 7, 2021

The rep was very thorough and he explained the program and was able to get us enrolled and approved. It was very smooth and the program was great. It was always excellent service. A no-brainer. They just took the payment out of our checking account every month and then we sold our house in Denver and we were able to pay off the balance two weeks ago. We really appreciate the opportunity to get everything paid off and have the worry taken off our shoulders. That's improved our life quite a bit.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Cambridge Credit was great to work with. They always respond to any questions I had. I had three credit cards and I just finished paying them off. I was very excited. I have recommended them to my friends whom I've talked about it.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information