67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Based in Massachusetts, Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. is a nonprofit credit counseling agency that provides financial education and debt management services to consumers. It offers credit counseling, debt management plans, and budgeting and financial education to individuals and families to help them reduce their debts. All counselors must achieve and maintain accreditation through the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free credit counseling
  • Extensive educational resources
  • Member of NFCC and FCAA
Cons
  • Fees vary by state
  • Can take up to 50 months to get debt-free

Stars Rating

• 80%
  • 4%
  • 0%
  • 8%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 23, 2022

Cambridge is easy to work with. They look at the total that you have then set you up with a payment plan. It’s an affordable payment, too, versus trying to pay six or seven things at different rates. They don’t pressure you. You can do it in a way that helps pay things off without feeling overwhelmed. They also offer education. One thing that I learned was waiting to pay your bill when you get the bill is already too late. If you use a credit card and you pay it off before the statement date, you avoid interest. They don’t bombard you with emails. But when you get those emails, if you click on them and watch the little video, it does help. They do what they say they're going to do. If they say they're going to call you back, they call you back. I had trouble with one of my companies sending me a collection letter but the rep took care of it. I had an overall very good experience.

Pinned

Hello David. So glad we were able to help! We wish you continued financial success.

Reviewed June 15, 2022

Cambridge helped me to clear up my debt. They made it easy and the payment was auto deducted. I was very satisfied.

Pinned

Congratulations Barbara! So happy we could help.

Reviewed June 8, 2022

Cambridge responded really quickly. They offered additional ways to monitor my credit and suggestions on how to improve it. That was good. It was information that I could use in the future. The program got me on track and on focus trying to stay ahead of the game and avoid as much unnecessary debt as possible. It made me more conscious of spending allocations of hard-earned funds. My experiences with the reps were always positive and encouraging. They listen to me. I work a lot so they didn't call a lot. A lot of the communication was via text or they'd send me something through email. I appreciated that.

Pinned

Hi Jimetta! Thank you for your review. We are so happy we were able to help and get you back on track. Congratulations!

Reviewed June 3, 2022

I was very badly in debt so Cambridge put me on a plan for three years. They took 200 out of my account every month on the 6th and last month was the last. I only had a $35 payment. They helped me a lot. There were times I had to scramble 200 into my account every month, but they were very good about it. If I needed them, I’d probably use them again.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your story with us and everyone Linda! Congratulations and we are always here if you have any questions or need anything!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 2, 2022

Cambridge was awesome. It gave me a great opportunity in having a direction when it came to handling some of the debt that I was dealing with at the time. About halfway through, I had hit another financial hardship, so we had to manage payments down a little bit. Once you pay an account off, that money that you're paying then goes towards the next set. They took that off altogether so I was still paying the same amount to the companies I still owe. But they said could reduce it and it helped a lot. It went down $4,200 a month. I would still be paying but we came into some money so I went ahead and paid off the money I had in collections. We had done that for one other debt that I'd had a year ago so that helped a lot cut the time down.

Every time I'm on Facebook and someone says, “I'm dealing with a lot of debt, and I'm not sure what to do,” I always mention Cambridge. It's worth it. The only downside was that the accounts had to be closed ‘cause I was so delinquent on them. But that was something I was willing to do, ‘cause at the time I was having a hard time keeping them. It hit my credit at first, but watching my credit build over time has been great. Knowing that that debt is paid off and I don't have to worry about it anymore is a great relief.

Pinned

Hi Courtney! I am so pleased that we were able to help you. We wish you much continued success in your financial future!

Reviewed June 1, 2022

It was a good service. The reps were very friendly and right on top of everything. I told them everything I had and they took it from there. They got my interest rate down. I stuck right to the program every time and it worked very well for me.

Pinned

So glad to hear we were able to help you David. We are always here and we wish you much success for your future!

Reviewed May 31, 2022

Cambridge worked within my budget. It got a little more hectic during COVID, but if I needed any questions answered, I could always call. I'm finished with them now and my credit score has gone up over 80 points since I've been working with them. If I need them again, I know they are there, and they are very helpful.

Pinned

Hello Blondell. So glad we were able to help you especially during Covid. It was/is so hard for all of us. Congratulations! We will be here if you need us.

Reviewed May 24, 2022

Before I went with Cambridge, I had called other firms in other places to try and get help getting control of all of the debt I had and I wasn't always very inclined to do it because it didn't necessarily feel like it was the best option for me. But when I did the enrollment with Cambridge, it was easy. I felt very certain of my decision and it changed my life for the better. The gentleman who enrolled me was amazing. I didn't feel like it was anything that I couldn't do. Everything was very clear and he helped me every step of the way. He did the evaluation and I felt like we were just having a normal conversation. We came up with a payment plan and I don't recall ever having to move the date because it always worked for me. The amount that I paid was something that I was able to do. I am thankful that I was able to come across Cambridge and it's been great.

Pinned

Congratulations Sherry! We are so happy we were able to help you.

Reviewed May 19, 2022

Signing up with them was really easy. From when I signed up until I was done with my last payment, it was very simple. It was a good decision that I made. It took some relief off of me to know that while I was slowly paying those bills off that the interest wasn't mounting anymore. I tell people about using Cambridge and that it was really helpful for me. I recommend them.

Pinned

Thank you Jill! This is exactly what we are here for and what we love to hear. Congratulations on paying off your bills!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 13, 2022

The overall process was really easy and it was quick. Also, the reps were good. They were always easy to get ahold of.

Pinned

Thank you Kristena! We are happy to help.

Reviewed May 12, 2022

The reps from Cambridge took care of everything. They contacted my creditors and they each said how much they would take. Then, we set up an amount that I could afford every month and Cambridge paid it all off. It came directly out of my checkbook. It was two years ago that I started the program and it's all paid off. The fee was a little high but it was worth it. And Cambridge is accredited so, everything got paid. I'm out of debt, so I'm happy.

Pinned

We are so glad you found success Dawn. Best wishes for your future!

Reviewed May 11, 2022

The guy from Cambridge was wonderful and they set everything up for me. It was over $20,000 worth of stuff and I paid a little over $500 a month or however many years it took. It seemed like it was taking forever but all of a sudden, it was great. The customer service was amazing. When all that happened, there were a lot of health problems going on, I was having to charge stuff from my mother, I had gone through a divorce, and it's only when I can pay for things. And it helped me get out of that and taught me to not do that again. If I had to charge something, I would, but I would definitely pay it off the next month. If I had to go get a part time job, I wouldn't get back in that shape.

The experience was great. It was superior assistance and the people were nonjudgmental. It was almost like you were talking to your friend when you would talk to them and the guy that set me up on it down to the very last guy that I talked to were precious, sweet and never made you feel like you were a bad person, which some people would like to do.

Pinned

I am so happy you found success with our program Lesia. Best wishes for your future!

Reviewed May 10, 2022

The person I dealt with was very nice and informative in the beginning process of getting everything set up. We decided on the payment plan and that was the way it was and it remained that way throughout the whole thing. So, it was easy. By working with Cambridge, I have peace of mind. The portal that they provided was convenient and straightforward. It let you know where you were in the program, how much time you had left for your payments and how many payments you paid. It was a nice little portal.

Pinned

Thank you Karan! We are happy to help and so happy you found our client portal helpful.

Reviewed May 9, 2022

I had a good experience with Cambridge. It was easy and manageable. They treated me well and at the end of it, they sent me a certificate saying I graduated. It was less stressful that having to worry about paying them all at the max that I had to pay. The customer service reps were polite and helpful, and answered my questions when I had them. They always sent me an email showing my payments each month, and a text too. So, it showed me how much it has gone down.

Pinned

Congratulations Keith! We are so happy for you.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 8, 2022

I liked the way Cambridge did things the last time and everything was good. This is my second time using them and it’s great working with them. Anytime I need something, I can call and they answer my question. I got caught up last time because I was out on medical leave and I had to use some credit cards to pay bills and stuff, which is why I'm doing it again this time. They helped with the credit cards.

Pinned

Welcome back Paulette, so glad we can be here for you when you need us.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 7, 2022

The customer service reps were friendly, polite, professional and able to answer my questions. It took me from a place where I got in over my head with the fact that I had two small children, who I needed to provide daycare before and after school. And I was okay, until the person who was doing my home daycare could no longer do it. So I had to move to a center, which was much more expensive. Then I had a series of things with my car breaking down, and it was the case where things got maxed out. I was managing to stay ahead, but barely. I was one tragedy away from something putting me over the edge. So, I called Cambridge and they were able to lower interest rates and payments. It was nice to have just one payment a month to them.

The reps were very helpful and responsive. I had a set date for the 19th of the month for a payment and sometimes, the 19th was the day before payday. If I call them and ask if I could change the date to the 20th, they would say there’s no problem. When I called, someone always answered the phone, which was a miracle because now, you can't get anyone to answer the phone. Periodically, a couple times a year, Cambridge would check in with you and see how it was going, if anything needed to change, if there were any accounts that needed to be added and if I felt this was working. So, they were proactive.

Immediately, creditors stopped calling and payments dropped. You still get a monthly statement and I wasn’t opening a bill and seeing it would be paid off in 27 years. I saw that it would be paid off within a four-year period. I could anticipate being debt-free. I've finished my program with Cambridge and I would highly recommend them.

Pinned

What a great story and and great personal triumph for you! We are so happy for you and wish you continued success in your future!

Reviewed May 6, 2022

Enrolling with them was super simple. They were not overbearing and they were really helpful and communicative. They really worked with my financial situation. So I was able to make payments that I could actually afford. It took me longer but I'm now debt-free because of them. The person whom I worked with, Andrew, was amazing. Cambridge is a really well-run business. They helped me get back on my feet and I appreciate it.

Pinned

Congratulations Amanda! We wish you continued success in your financial freedom!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 5, 2022

Cambridge saved my **. I would never have gotten out of that mess by myself. The guy who set me up stayed on the phone. He said, “Okay, tell me how much you pay for this. Do you get your nails done? How often do you get your haircut?” Every little thing, and I told him. It was a large amount that I pay every month in comparison to what money I took home. Working with them made my life 100% better. I don't have the debt hanging over me now. It's a lesson learned that I will never do that again.

Some people don't have the willpower to put money where they need to put it. And if you're getting a bill, and it says you owe this much, then you're more apt to pay it. The payment was steep but I could make it most of the time. Even when I couldn't pay the bill, they were very good to move my withdrawal date. But they also made me aware that if I change things, I'm going to be paying longer. Granted they take $50 of the money I pay but they saved me more than $50 a month in interest just by negotiating my debt.

Pinned

We are so glad you found success Wendy. Best wishes for your future!

Reviewed May 4, 2022

They helped me with consolidating all my cards into one payment. The experience was great. They were always there when I had questions. My debt is now completely paid off. For anything that they offer, I would definitely go back to them.

Pinned

Congratulations Hugo! We will be here if you need us.

Reviewed April 29, 2022

Cambridge is perfect. They took a lot of pressure off. They took care of all my bills, put it all together and made me one payment, which made me happy. The reps are very helpful and easy to get ahold of. I would recommend them and I already have a friend that's going through them.

Pinned

Thank you Evelyn! We are happy to help.

Reviewed April 21, 2022

Three years ago, I fell into a lot of debt and I needed my credit to be fixed. They taught me through the process and gave me a lot of financial advice. I took on their venture and paid off at least 100% of my credit card debt. The reps were educated on what they were doing. They were accurate and concise talking me through the process. They gave a monthly update and I was always being notified on what was going on. Also, they worked with me on a payment plan. They averaged my income and quoted me what was necessary. They told me once a month what I could tick off and give up just to fit my budget. I definitely recommend Cambridge. It's a reputable service.

Reviewed April 13, 2022

It takes too long to get ahold of people over the phone. They could make it a lot quicker for the customer. But other than that, everything was good and it's a good program.

Pinned

Apologies for any delay you may have had when trying to reach us. We are always trying to improve our systems and recently created a new client portal on our website. Hope that helps!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 9, 2022

Everything about Cambridge was good. I'm finished with the program, and it worked wonderfully. It impacted my life real well. I would never have gotten my bills paid off.

Reviewed April 8, 2022

Cambridge seemed to offer the most amount of help and they were very clear-cut. The guy that I dealt with, Justin, was super helpful. Laid all the plans out with me, what I needed to do to pay everything back. They were super easy to reach. If I ever had a problem, I could just shoot them an email or a call, and I would have a response within 24 hours. Most of the time, it was less than 24 hours. They were quick to get back to me if I had any questions on a payment that went out. They were super on it. Every time I would call them up, it was as if we had just been on the phone a couple of days ago. It was like we always knew what was going on with each other. They would check in with me every now and then. They would also send out emails every couple of months with a survey asking how I'm doing and my financial situation.

Reviewed April 7, 2022

The communication with Cambridge is awesome. They're very friendly when I had to call them. When I asked for something, they got it right then and there by email, which was very good. I'm done now and that was a big payment. But I made it every time, so it's worked out good.

Reviewed April 6, 2022

I liked Cambridge's system and it worked fine for me several years ago as well as the one I just finished up this last month. Their reps are great. I would recommend others to use them.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 5, 2022

Cambridge helped me finish off some bills. They went through to see what my problem was and they took my credit cards, my Walmart bill and another bill. There were four bills they took, combined them together and made it a monthly payment. They explained to me what we would do and how much it would be for me one payment a month, and how much they would charge me, which was low. And if I had any questions or anything, they gave me a customer service number, which I could get in touch with them. And they put the payment after my check came in. The program worked well. They said it would be three years before it would end. They gave me the month it would, which it did end in that month, and I'm finished with it.

We started with three items to put in the program. The rep was very nice and wasn't fast-talking. She made sure that I understood what we were talking about. Two months later, she called me back and said that she came up with another one to put in and they adjusted where we put a fourth one in. So, I didn't even realize it was the fourth one that needs to go in. So, they put the fourth one in, which didn't take my bill up. Six months later, she called me back and asked me if I felt it took me over my limit, was my payment coming out on time, or if I had any problems with it.

She was constantly in touch for the first year. And she told me it would be like that. After that, I was mainly in touch with customer service. My payments came out early. So, I would just call and do the payment automatically for them and let them know I had already paid it so it wouldn’t come out again, and talked to customer service. And their customer service people were good. If I changed my phone number, I would call and give them that, and they were polite. When I got one of them paid off, I called to see if I could get another card on there and they explained it was best that I didn't put the card on there because of the type of card it was. But they were patient and nice about everything.

Someone went into my account and put some money out of my banking account, which messed their payment up. I called and told them that they may miss a payment and why, and they said okay. They waited until the money was back into the account so my it wouldn't be charged. And when I called and told them the money was in there, they went in and took their money then. So, they worked with me. It was a good company to work with.

Reviewed April 4, 2022

I would recommend Cambridge to anybody. Everything is plain and direct. I completed the process. They always checked in on me to make sure that everything was going fine with me. So, I was impressed with their professionalism. They're a great company. The representatives were right on top of it. It was a great experience for me.

Reviewed April 3, 2022

When I talked to Cambridge, it seemed like they were willing to work with my situation. The reps were very honest. They said, "You stay the course. This is what happens. You're gonna pay everything off." I stayed the course, and I am done. I'm in a much better place financially. The experience was life-changing, and I am so appreciative of Cambridge.

Reviewed April 2, 2022

Everything was super easy with Cambridge's enrollment process. They just asked for basic documents. The representatives were very communicative about the process. Any time I needed any help, they were very good about that. As far as the payment plan, they were very lenient if we needed to change the amount. Everything was great. I love how everybody's been reaching out now that we finished to make sure if they can provide any other services, and all the feedbacks were great.

Reviewed April 1, 2022

I used Cambridge for consolidation, and it was great. They did what they had to do. A month ago, they wrote me a letter, letting me know I was finished. My rep was awesome and I felt very comfortable working with him. If I know anybody that needs help, I will recommend Cambridge. They helped me out. I'm happy.

Reviewed March 31, 2022

I consolidated a bunch of debt with Cambridge and the enrolment process was very easy. They did all the legwork and I just had to authorize it. Also, the reps were very helpful.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 30, 2022

The reps at Cambridge were professional, courteous, understanding, helpful, and responsive. The program worked amazing for me and it's now less stressful because of paying back high-interest rates. Cambridge was well worth every moment of every time and they showed flexibility and compassion. I had a couple of life events and I was able to work with them and we were able to accommodate those life-changing events that needed to have some adjustments.

Price

Reviewed March 29, 2022

I had a good experience with Cambridge. My enrollment process wasn’t bad but it was a little much when trying to figure out exactly how many cards it was that I would need to put on it. Other than that, they were understanding and they helped me to understand everything completely. Setting up the payment plan, they asked me all these questions about where I was getting my income and how often I was getting it so they can better help me to make sure these payments were made on time. The price was a little bit much but it was affordable enough for me to make sure everything was taken care of.

Reviewed March 22, 2022

Cambridge is a great company. We used them, and I can't believe anybody would have a complaint about them, because they were really wonderful with us. They had very helpful people and reports. They have programs available to help the client do certain things, but unfortunately, we didn't do some of those. We were supposed to, but we didn't. We just kept making our payments, and we got through with the debt a lot quicker than if we tried to handle it ourselves.

Reviewed March 19, 2022

I was with Cambridge for five years and it'd been a really long trip. But it was a good experience with them. They helped me through everything, every step of the way, so it was really helpful having them. I also used them in the past and they were the only ones that received a really good debt consolidation rating, so I decided to go with them. They were very hands on in the beginning and they laid everything out for you in a plan. A counselor is assigned to you so you have someone one-on-one explaining everything to you about monthly payments, about what's going to happen to your credit score, and about what's going to happen to your credit cards because they all closed, which most people don't realize. They also tell you how long the process is going to take. From the beginning to the end, they were really in contact with me to let me know what was going on and it was a really good program.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 18, 2022

Everything was straightforward and simple. They didn't have many fees and I liked that. They used to call every once in a while and would send me the form every two months to see where we were at. I'm completely done and working with them was very helpful. They got all of my creditors to work with them, except for one that didn't stop charging interest. All the rest of them stopped the interest. It was zero from the time they started working with them. So that was good. They were easy to work with. I don't feel like they were just out to make money. They cared.

Reviewed March 11, 2022

Cambridge combined my debts, took over certain accounts and had the accounts closed. In that way, it lowered the interest rate, and I got it paid off fairly quickly. My experience with the reps was very nice. Now, I’m finished with the program and it helped take a big debt off my shoulders.

Reviewed March 10, 2022

Cambridge was very helpful. I was doing the call for my daughter. When I called them, they were nice, kind and very helpful. It was a very good experience for my daughter. It was a very good, helpful thing for her. I really appreciate it. We would get text messages and emails. This was all very simple and easy. Also, they let my daughter pick the day that she needed to do the payment in the month because of the way that she got paid. So that was not a problem from the very beginning and they never took out extra.

Reviewed March 9, 2022

It was a wonderful experience with Cambridge. They were really patient and very professional. Anytime I needed a question answered, I would call them and they would answer my question. The process of me getting out of debt was so easy through them. My goal was to rebuild my credit. I did a pretty good job of that by working with them. They really helped me out with that. The people there that work with you were really nice and friendly. They take care of you. They'll try to get your credit back and get you out of debt.