2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling
Accredited Partner

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.86/5

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: May 22, 2020

My credit was kinda going down. I wasn't able to pay my bills on time because my interests were too high. I found some good reviews on Cambridge. Their customer service did pretty well in handling my account. Whenever I had a question, I called them, and they were very professional, and they were able to help me and got me going. So, I like their service. They sent me an email monthly and then when I graduated from the program, they sent me a certificate and a statement of everything that they withdraw out of my account including their service fees at the end, which was really good for my record. My needs were met, and I'm satisfied with their service.

Original review: May 19, 2020

My aunt recommended Cambridge and when I did enroll with them they made me feel comfortable. It was a good program. I'd consider it to someone else.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I got put into a lot of debt due to my inept husband and I'm on disability so I did some research and looked at reviews. Cambridge had some great reviews so I decided to go ahead and try them, and they had been nothing but helpful. If I had any questions or changes, they made sure that I had all the knowledge available. I usually get an email from the same person. But if I had a question about my account, they were all helpful. They also worked with me if I wanted to make extra payments.

There was only one thing that I sort of had an issue with. On my very last payment, Cambridge had called asking me to confirm the amount being taken out and I called the creditor and confirmed the amount. Then I called Cambridge and let them know what the total amount was. But when the money was actually pulled out of my account, it was more than what was said. I was expecting at least $50 less than what was actually taken out. So I guess you just have to make sure that the creditors include everything, like the fees, in what they’re telling you.

But I was with Cambridge for a bit and when money got a little bit tight, I called them and they said they had paid off a couple of the bills and that they could lower my payment but that it would be longer to pay my debt off. If I needed that for a couple of months, they did that as well. They just told me to call the creditor if I want to pay them off and finally figure out the best way to get everything paid off in detail, with the fees and all that kind of stuff. Each time that I talked to a representative, they were amazing.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Someone referred me to Cambridge and when I spoke with one of the client service reps they explained to me and I was satisfied with what she told me. She took it from there and set up everything. I was getting emails on how to better manage my credit, bills and stuff like that. I was going through a divorce and a couple of bills piled up on me and some stuff that I had to pay up by myself. A lot of things weren’t expected so the emails helped. Cambridge gave me a time frame and gave me the amount of payments. And I finished with the program.

A friend of mine is going through a similar situation and I wanted to refer Cambridge. They handled it well. They just have to keep more contact with their clients. If they’re helping someone to rebuild from mistakes managing bills they can help a bit more on educating to understand what's the consequences, how to avoid this, and later on how can you take care of it versus just, “Here, this is the service. You can depend on us any time and we’ll just do it.” You don’t wanna just hold the hands for someone all the time. It’ll be good when you can teach someone how to manage it for themselves, then that client will appreciate that forever.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Went thru Cambridge today and the process was so easy. I'm about 25000 in debt and the payment they gave me over 3 years is very decent and very affordable. I love how everything was explained to me easy to understand. You just have to follow thru with your responsibilities for the plan. I originally went with a Debt relief company and that kills your credit plus they don't start paying till about 5 to 6 months after you stop paying your credit card bills. This leaves you the chance of being sued. With places like Cambridge you're paying off all your balances with no chance of being sued. It gives you peace of mind. I recommend anyone that wants to keep their credit and get it better use Cambridge. They are very helpful.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I was with someone else and then I was transferred over to Cambridge. There was a person who sent me a letter saying it had been transferred over to them, and I called them. The payments came out directly, so everything went smoothly. I called them because I knew I was down to the last payment, but they said they had to contact the creditor to make sure everything was paid up. Once they got that, they then sent me a letter where everything was completed and it was paid off. They also asked me if I had any more accounts that I wanted to put in and I said, "No," so they said, "Okay, then we're going to close your account." I was pleased with everything. I was handled.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Cambridge's reps were excellent. Any questions we had got taken care of. Any time that we paid a debt off, they were really cooperative and let us know how much we had to pay. We didn't have any hitches at all and we're really happy with them.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Cambridge was good to me so I enjoyed the program.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Cambridge helped me a lot with everything that I needed to do. We were in debt and my husband had lost his job. I was kinda iffy at the beginning to try it. But I liked what they offered and that they were willing to work with me. I just went for it and it worked out perfectly. They got it done and now I'm out of that debt that I needed to be out of. I love the company and I had recommended it before. Enrolling was very easy and fast, and we started right away. They were also very flexible. I started off with one credit card then as I went, I kept adding and I never had a problem with that. My payment was very flexible compared to all the credit cards I needed to pay off. Then everyone was very nice and helpful. I never had a complaint. Every time I called, they answered my questions. They also made me feel comfortable. I never felt embarrassed that I have so much debt.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I was in debt and wanted to get my payments out of the way and not having a hard time. Cambridge told me that it was going to take four years to get this all out of the way -- I’m finished with the program at this point. Working with them felt fine and comfortable. I knew they were going to be helping me in some ways. I put my confidence in them, and then did my payments every month. I worked with whoever was available at the time. I hardly ever called them, except when I moved and had to give them the change of address or if I had a question about something. Then I was getting letters saying, “You’re almost out of this bill,” and then it had been paid off. If I would have to do it again, I would go through them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information