67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (121 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I met the owner at a convention in Seattle, and we spoke about the options. Living in Puerto Rico, I wasn't available to be actual customers from the program. But they took a shot on me and I took advantage of it. Everything was just destiny. It was great. Now, I'm debt free. I have a new car, and a second born child came within also during the process. They're both in private schools. We were planning to send them to the public system education, but we managed to have enough to cover up for expenses so they can go to private school. So that was the best outcome.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations on completing the program and the new baby!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The enrollment was easy and everything went fine. They downloaded some forms for me to fill out and then uploaded them. The program helps you get out of debt and be able to do your finances. Every time I needed to ask my agent a question, I did. It was great. He was eager to assist and non-judgmental.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Happy to help Sheila! We are so glad everything worked out for you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

They started with the tribal loans and then I put everything else that I had in debt-wise onto the plan. Everyone was always very friendly and helpful. One of the debtors was going to take me to court. I got served this paper. They did not accept the program when I first started, and I didn't realize that. But Cambridge helped me talk to the lawyers and everybody else to get out of that. We added it on to the plan later and that was a big help.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Glad we could assist Frankie and congratulations on completing the program! We are always here if you have any questions in the future.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

The enrollment process at Cambridge went well. Everything went smoothly.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

That's what we like to hear! Thank you Jeanie, we wish you continued financial success!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Cambridge gave me good service. They did everything that they said they would do. They never took out more money than they agreed to take. They did everything according to the plan. They got me out of that debt by paying everything on time and accordingly.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you, congratulations Mark!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I was in deep-dish trouble. It was really ugly-looking. Cambridge helped me get my head above the water. I was drowned in debt. They negotiated with all of my credit card lenders. They closed down all my accounts and talked to my lenders into taking a reduced payout. They knew what they were talking about. Those crank calls from agencies and major lenders also stopped.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Happy to help Carol! Thank you for the review!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The process with Cambridge was easy. I did consolidation of three cards that I paid one monthly payment and they paid it off. They helped me pay off three credit cards.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations on completing the program George!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I've told people how wonderful Cambridge is. If I ever needed them down the road, it would be my choice. They were very, very helpful. If I had any questions, all I had to do was call and ask. So it was very nice.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you Cheryl, we are happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Cambridge is a good company to work with, and they were responsible. Anytime I had to call to ask questions, they were very knowledgeable and helpful. They had good customer service. Also, I was able to log online and see my progress, which I liked. I had a person that told us about the program and set us up. He also talked to us about what will happen and the timeframe that it would take to pay off our bills, and gave us instructions on what to do. He was very thorough.

They told us what our payment would be with each creditor, and how long it would take to pay it off. They asked if we were in agreement with that, which we were. They told us what date our payment will be drafted, how much their fees would be, and how much we would have to pay. We opted to have our payment drafted. The fee was reasonable. Everything was pretty clear and straightforward.

There was one time that I called and I wanted to pay a certain creditor off next, and everything was smooth. But towards the tail end of the program, it was a little bit more difficult to get ahold of someone. It seemed like something changed with customer service. When I called, the person asked, “Is this your first contact? Is this your first time calling about this issue?” I said no and that I called the other day. Then they said, “We'll have a person call you.” I didn't like that part of it because I had a little bit of trouble getting through. But at the very end, I called the number that I had on my statement, and it was the same way it was in the past where you get to speak to somebody quickly. I'm done with my program, and I'm satisfied. I had good customer service and they did what they were supposed to do.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Glad we could help Angela! We are always here if you need us.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

When I called and talked to them, they seemed pretty nice and reliable. I gave them all the companies that I want to consolidate, and they did. I've talked to them three times the whole time I was in it. But I had it on direct deposit so it’s pretty much a done deal. Every month you get a report showing how much they paid and what the estimated balance was remaining. It also shows where your money went so you understand where it was going. I got a lot of things paid off that probably wouldn't ever get paid off. Anytime I called Cambridge, I got them, and if I didn’t, they’d call me right back so it was good.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Happy to help Forest! Thanks for the review!

Original review: July 26, 2022

Cambridge got me out of debt without breaking the bank, and everybody was great. Customer service was above and beyond.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Excellent Eileen! We are so happy for you. Congratulations!

Original review: July 25, 2022

I'm finished with the program. The cost was fair, and Cambridge did real good about getting me out of debt. I like it a lot.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations Marilyn! Best of luck in your financial future.

Original review: July 24, 2022

They were very consistent. They did what they said they’d do. It took a while to get over and we ended up paying about 70 something thousand dollars back, which was a lot of credit card debt. But they were very pleasant to work with.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations on paying off your debt, that is quite an accomplishment! We wish you much continued success!

Original review: July 23, 2022

I called a finance advisor that told me about the situation. They gave me a plan and I reviewed it. All the other process was online. It was good. It’s better to have online. But initially, it’s good to speak to someone. With Cambridge, it was clear what to expect from the plan, and how this will reduce the interest rate compared to normal payment. It was nice. I’ve got lower interest rate so that I was able to repay all the credit cards and loan.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

We are happy to help Anin!

Original review: July 22, 2022

We spoke with an advisor and then we gathered up the most recent statements from all of the credit cards that we wanted to consolidate into the program. Then they negotiated down those interest rates and set us up with a single payment. We've been getting it auto-debited ever since. We were paying over $800 a month just in minimums to the cards that we put into the program. Our payment after they negotiated everything down was just over $450. So we were able to free up almost $400 in cash every month, which was a bonus.

Their customer service was always really great. They were always quick to answer the phone. They always call back if they couldn't resolve something immediately. If they needed to, they would call one of our credit cards and inquire about things. So we were always pretty pleased with their customer service and their standard regular communication, letting us know the status of our accounts and where things were at. They were always very easy to work with.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

We are so happy to hear that things are going well Barbara! We will always be here if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: July 21, 2022

They were reachable during the pandemic. They have quick customer service.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

I am so happy we were here for you when you needed us!

Original review: July 20, 2022

The lady that I spoke to was very nice to me. She told me the details about the credit counseling and all the options that I had. She explained everything in detail. Cambridge took care of the credit for me and everything went well. The service was awesome. It was very helpful.

Thank you Shewnarine! We are happy to help/

Original review: July 19, 2022

The customer service has been good. I always get quick response. The whole process was pretty quick.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

So glad we were able to assist you William!

Original review: June 23, 2022

Cambridge is easy to work with. They look at the total that you have then set you up with a payment plan. It’s an affordable payment, too, versus trying to pay six or seven things at different rates. They don’t pressure you. You can do it in a way that helps pay things off without feeling overwhelmed. They also offer education. One thing that I learned was waiting to pay your bill when you get the bill is already too late. If you use a credit card and you pay it off before the statement date, you avoid interest. They don’t bombard you with emails. But when you get those emails, if you click on them and watch the little video, it does help. They do what they say they're going to do. If they say they're going to call you back, they call you back. I had trouble with one of my companies sending me a collection letter but the rep took care of it. I had an overall very good experience.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Hello David. So glad we were able to help! We wish you continued financial success.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Cambridge helped me to clear up my debt. They made it easy and the payment was auto deducted. I was very satisfied.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations Barbara! So happy we could help.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Cambridge responded really quickly. They offered additional ways to monitor my credit and suggestions on how to improve it. That was good. It was information that I could use in the future. The program got me on track and on focus trying to stay ahead of the game and avoid as much unnecessary debt as possible. It made me more conscious of spending allocations of hard-earned funds. My experiences with the reps were always positive and encouraging. They listen to me. I work a lot so they didn't call a lot. A lot of the communication was via text or they'd send me something through email. I appreciated that.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Hi Jimetta! Thank you for your review. We are so happy we were able to help and get you back on track. Congratulations!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I was very badly in debt so Cambridge put me on a plan for three years. They took 200 out of my account every month on the 6th and last month was the last. I only had a $35 payment. They helped me a lot. There were times I had to scramble 200 into my account every month, but they were very good about it. If I needed them, I’d probably use them again.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you for sharing your story with us and everyone Linda! Congratulations and we are always here if you have any questions or need anything!

Original review: June 2, 2022

Cambridge was awesome. It gave me a great opportunity in having a direction when it came to handling some of the debt that I was dealing with at the time. About halfway through, I had hit another financial hardship, so we had to manage payments down a little bit. Once you pay an account off, that money that you're paying then goes towards the next set. They took that off altogether so I was still paying the same amount to the companies I still owe. But they said could reduce it and it helped a lot. It went down $4,200 a month. I would still be paying but we came into some money so I went ahead and paid off the money I had in collections. We had done that for one other debt that I'd had a year ago so that helped a lot cut the time down.

Every time I'm on Facebook and someone says, “I'm dealing with a lot of debt, and I'm not sure what to do,” I always mention Cambridge. It's worth it. The only downside was that the accounts had to be closed ‘cause I was so delinquent on them. But that was something I was willing to do, ‘cause at the time I was having a hard time keeping them. It hit my credit at first, but watching my credit build over time has been great. Knowing that that debt is paid off and I don't have to worry about it anymore is a great relief.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Hi Courtney! I am so pleased that we were able to help you. We wish you much continued success in your financial future!

Original review: June 1, 2022

It was a good service. The reps were very friendly and right on top of everything. I told them everything I had and they took it from there. They got my interest rate down. I stuck right to the program every time and it worked very well for me.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

So glad to hear we were able to help you David. We are always here and we wish you much success for your future!

Original review: May 31, 2022

Cambridge worked within my budget. It got a little more hectic during COVID, but if I needed any questions answered, I could always call. I'm finished with them now and my credit score has gone up over 80 points since I've been working with them. If I need them again, I know they are there, and they are very helpful.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Hello Blondell. So glad we were able to help you especially during Covid. It was/is so hard for all of us. Congratulations! We will be here if you need us.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Before I went with Cambridge, I had called other firms in other places to try and get help getting control of all of the debt I had and I wasn't always very inclined to do it because it didn't necessarily feel like it was the best option for me. But when I did the enrollment with Cambridge, it was easy. I felt very certain of my decision and it changed my life for the better. The gentleman who enrolled me was amazing. I didn't feel like it was anything that I couldn't do. Everything was very clear and he helped me every step of the way. He did the evaluation and I felt like we were just having a normal conversation. We came up with a payment plan and I don't recall ever having to move the date because it always worked for me. The amount that I paid was something that I was able to do. I am thankful that I was able to come across Cambridge and it's been great.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations Sherry! We are so happy we were able to help you.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Signing up with them was really easy. From when I signed up until I was done with my last payment, it was very simple. It was a good decision that I made. It took some relief off of me to know that while I was slowly paying those bills off that the interest wasn't mounting anymore. I tell people about using Cambridge and that it was really helpful for me. I recommend them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you Jill! This is exactly what we are here for and what we love to hear. Congratulations on paying off your bills!

Original review: May 13, 2022

The overall process was really easy and it was quick. Also, the reps were good. They were always easy to get ahold of.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you Kristena! We are happy to help.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The reps from Cambridge took care of everything. They contacted my creditors and they each said how much they would take. Then, we set up an amount that I could afford every month and Cambridge paid it all off. It came directly out of my checkbook. It was two years ago that I started the program and it's all paid off. The fee was a little high but it was worth it. And Cambridge is accredited so, everything got paid. I'm out of debt, so I'm happy.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

We are so glad you found success Dawn. Best wishes for your future!

Original review: May 11, 2022

The guy from Cambridge was wonderful and they set everything up for me. It was over $20,000 worth of stuff and I paid a little over $500 a month or however many years it took. It seemed like it was taking forever but all of a sudden, it was great. The customer service was amazing. When all that happened, there were a lot of health problems going on, I was having to charge stuff from my mother, I had gone through a divorce, and it's only when I can pay for things. And it helped me get out of that and taught me to not do that again. If I had to charge something, I would, but I would definitely pay it off the next month. If I had to go get a part time job, I wouldn't get back in that shape.

The experience was great. It was superior assistance and the people were nonjudgmental. It was almost like you were talking to your friend when you would talk to them and the guy that set me up on it down to the very last guy that I talked to were precious, sweet and never made you feel like you were a bad person, which some people would like to do.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

I am so happy you found success with our program Lesia. Best wishes for your future!

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information