2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I was very pleased with how everything worked out with Cambridge. It went faster than I expected, and I’m so happy that I’m completely debt-free since the program was finished in December 19th. It was a total of about three years. It went so fast and I didn’t realize that the time was up. I appreciated how they worked with me, and I’m very grateful that it went as quickly as possible. It also went well with the counselor I spoke with. I understood what was supposed to be taking place, and I agreed with the payment plan which worked perfectly and it was within my budget.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I set up with Cambridge for my mother and everything was pretty cool. They were knowledgeable in what they did for me and they pretty much delivered what the rep said she would do. And when I called and asked to have things rearranged, she did it for me. Communication could be a little bit better for some people. I can't even remember how often it was to let a person know where they stood at or how much more they had to go. I think that can be improved. Also, my mom is 72 and doesn't know the terminology, so I do my best to try to help her. A lot of people don't check their emails as often, like me, so I tell people to call me. A phone call would be better, either to that person, if they can't understand, or whoever takes care of them to explain the situation.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Enrolling with Cambridge was easy. I paid everything off in their program.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

The enrollment process at Cambridge Credit was pretty easy. It was just giving them my account numbers and how much I’ll be able to handle. I had a main counselor. But if I had a question, I would call up and anybody would give me the answer. If I had a stupid question like, “What day of the month do I have to pay?”, anybody who answered the phone was knowledgeable about my account. Since going through the program, the stress is definitely gone. I recently sold my house, so I paid off all my credit cards, even the ones I didn’t have in debt. And it’s so nice to just be like if I use my credit card this month, then I can pay it off.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Cambridge gave me a second chance! My medical debt was interfering with accomplishing the basic needs of life. I was a single mother and the debt added up within 2 ambulance trips to the ER and the debt was ruining my life. I was turned down by employers and couldn’t get any credit...my life was terrible. Cambridge turned that all around by giving me a chance and helping me pay off all of my medical debt. Here I am 2 years later with a credit score of over 700, a new house, and a dependable car. Now I can send my daughter off to college! Thank you for helping me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Cambridge Counseling was a life saver to us. We were in so much credit card debt and weren't sure how we were going to get out of it. I did a lot of research and found them online. They are very reputable. When I needed to postpone a payment they worked with me and didn't make me feel guilty for doing so. We are now out of the huge hole of credit card debt and enjoying a little extra cash every month. Thank you Cambridge Credit Counseling!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My experience with Cambridge went really well. I googled and Cambridge's program was the only one I looked at. The representative I talked with in the beginning was good and I liked that I didn’t have to worry about my debt and everything would get paid. I couldn’t argue with the number in the payment plan because they were helping me out and I didn’t wanna be on it for a long time, which I was 'cause I didn’t realize that I was in default with my student loan. I’m going through something right now where a company is saying they’re not paid but I called Cambridge, and they let me know that they are paid and they’re backlogged. So, they’re working with me. While I still get phone calls from some people, working with Cambridge has relieved a lot of stress and it’s good. I like it. They’re worry-free and it’s easy-going, and I’ve told my mother or two other people about them as well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Cambridge was helpful and informative. The enrollment process was simple and easy. The counselor was responsive on email. It was very easy to communicate with them through the process. They told me to send the information and we discussed the plan on how best to move it, and what we were looking for as an end result. And then they said, “Okay. Send us in the creditors you wanted correct and we’ll take it from there." The program got me out of debt and then it gave me a better credit score. I’m already done. I could’ve saved that money myself, but Cambridge had the negotiation powers to get the creditors to stop bugging me. So, that is the advantage and that is the service I’m paying for. Overall, Cambridge was perfect. They were able to organize my stuff and they got it done. They will help you get out of debt.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I had credit card debt, and I had a good experience with Cambridge. I talked to a gentleman when I first called. I was always a little skeptical because it was on the internet, so I asked him 15 times if this was a scam, and he said, “No. I promise you.” There are so many things out there that aren’t true that I had to keep questioning him. Then, I did further research and realized that it was not. That gentleman was very nice and he went into a lot of explanations about what they did and why, and it was a good fit for me at the time. He was great and he was patient with me. The enrollment process was easy, and they were very helpful. I have already paid them off.

However, I did it again and had to redo it. I went to my local bank and they helped me out because what he did was the interest rates they gave me on everything was 5%. And I thought, “Okay, I’m doing this.” So, I cut up all my credit cards. If I was more of a responsible person Cambridge would’ve been the way to go. I have known other people that had done it differently with different outfits, and Cambridge was the way to do it. Overall, Cambridge is awesome.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The rep was so good about what he does. He told me they could get the interest down and I could work up a payment and we did. He let us know about everything. He did everything he said he was gonna do. So the process went real smoothly. And my wife didn’t touch her Social Security for anything. Cambridge texted us all the time and sent us the printouts. Everything was real great. I thought our debt would never go away and then all of a sudden, we were down to just four more payments. We worked with them for 52 months, and our last payment was $671. Everything was good. We paid off $76,000, and we also paid off the IRS $21,000 in the same amount of time.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information