4.77/5

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I liked Cambridge Credit's enrollment process. Their reps really helped. They took care of my paperwork and my bill every month. They let me know when I'm done paying for something. They also send me a letter every month or every other month to let me know how I'm doing and ask if I needed any help. If the bank would charge me anything else, they would take care of it. Everything has been fine, except for the fact that Wells Fargo sent me another letter saying I still owe $4.21. Even so, before working with Cambridge, I couldn't bring my balance at the bank down. Now, I've learned my lesson. No more credit cards for me. Before, I used to get loans. I don't do that anymore. I recommend Cambridge.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I had a lot of credit cards and my minimum payments were too high for me to handle, so I needed help. I went online, read reviews and looked at several companies, and Cambridge had the best reviews. I did the debt management program with them and my enrollment process was easy. I made one phone call and Chris, the gentleman who helped me, just told me what to do and what to expect. They kept up with me several times. They would send me emails and I'd go over all the information. I did feel under pressure on the first call, but everything was clear with what was happening, what I was doing.

I sent them my credit report, and then I had to make my first payment with them. I told them, “I don’t have money to pay you and my creditors this month. I can only choose one.” I ended up choosing Cambridge and that took a hit on my credit report for that one month that I didn’t make payments with my creditors. What happens is they make an offer to the creditor and they’ll make a certain amount of payment, and the creditor could take it or reject it. That took a little longer. They told me one price for my monthly payment but it went up two more times. They said, “Okay. We’re gonna pay all your bills this month for…” Let’s say, $1,000. And then, some creditors rejected it, so then it'd go up another 50 bucks, and then, maybe it’d go up another $50.

Cambridge offered classes online and literature. I went over some of it. I didn’t take advantage of it as much, the way I should. I just stuck to the plan of paying the bill and letting time pass. So far, I'm finished with the program. I would recommend them and I have recommended them to friends, because their price compared to everybody else was fair. They were at the minimum for what they were doing for me. And it was very affordable and straightforward. They were charging me $50 a month to run the program and I was able to get what I needed done. I would’ve been over my budget by 400, but I was able to bring it right where I could stand it with their help.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Cambridge's service was good. If I had any questions or if I needed any help, they were there for me. They helped me out a lot and took care of me real good. So far, everything is okay. My program is over now. If anybody I know would need credit counseling, I would recommend Cambridge. I had a good experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had a lot of debt and I've seen them advertise, so I reached out to them and they helped me. The enrollment process was good and I had no problem at all because everything was done on the phone or the internet. They provided me service in consolidating the bills that I had gotten to them. They took everything that I had sent them and added it all up then calculated how much it would take me in so many years to pay off. I told them I didn't wanna go over 300 a month in my payment and they got me under that as I did 241. They also got me online to a program that was how to better take care of my credit. They taught me how to not buy unless I have the money to buy. Because I got into that problem, moved into the home, and then my son and I utilized all our credit to getting the house fixed and repaired.

Everybody I spoke to was really good. If I had an issue like if I couldn't make a payment one month, they told me that all I had to do is let them know and they would take care of that. That was only once and that was good. It helped a lot. My only issue I had with them is sometimes I couldn't get a hold of them. I would have to leave a message and then they would eventually call me back a couple of days later. Other than that, everybody was so nice and helpful. Now, all has been paid off. I didn't even think about the cost because they took care of everything for me. I'd do it again with them if I had to 'cause I had no problems at all. I've also already recommended them to a few people, and they've joined and they're happy too.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

We got out of control with the credit cards, and in order to see a difference in the payment, we would have to pay more than what we were able to pay, because the interest rates were so high. So we called the Better Business Bureau here in Shreveport, and they recommended Cambridge Credit. We gave them a call, and they worked out a payment plan with the creditors to lower our payments, and still, we were able to pay it off. We did everything from our home. We didn’t have to go into an office, so we did it in the privacy of our home. And then we were having our payments automatically deducted from our accounts.

Once they set the payment plan up and told us how much we had to pay a month, we just followed through with the payments each month. At one point, we got behind, and I spoke with one of the representatives at Cambridge, and she told me that they were just gonna put it at the back of my payment. And that was pretty much it. We still got letters saying that we were behind, but we managed to pay it all off. Cambridge helped us to move ahead, and get control of the debts, and get it paid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I called Cambridge and told them what credit card debt that I wanted to pay out. I was up to the maximum on it and I just wanted to pay it out. Their program was a good one for me during that time. The reps were nice and friendly. They talk to you and encourage you. I love it. At first, I didn't want to do it, but I'm glad I did. I looked out myself and paid the bill out, and the letter that they sent me saying, "Thank you. Your payment was always on time, didn't miss a payment." It helped my credit score. I always encourage other people too. I said, "If you got a bill and you can't afford to pay out, it's helping your credit score."

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

It has been a year since we started with Cambridge, but I remember they had really good reviews, and it seemed like a pretty straightforward process. I called and immediately there was great customer service. They explained the things in details and it seemed very simple to do. The enrollment was really fast, and the counselor was very knowledgeable and very patient to explain the other option which was consolidation. They really explained the differences, and that was why we decided to do what we did through them.

We ended up paying everything and we decided to pay it before time because our finances had changed and I decided we could afford it. So, it really was a wonderful service. We ended up just paying out what was left and the cards as soon as we could. Our credit went up significantly. We have great credit now, and it really gives me peace of mind and understanding that I’ve got a credit card and how to manage it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Our experience with Cambridge was very good. My husband liked it and he enjoyed it. We were trying to get some help on bill debt and some other medical bills too. We were referred to Cambridge and the enrollment process was very easy. The process didn’t take that long. They respond right away. My husband stated everything online and over the phone. The payment is really good and it’s fair enough for us. It's very convenient for us, as well. They were very helpful to us. And in the future, if we have other stuff, we will call Cambridge.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I had a great experience with Cambridge. Their enrollment process was very easy and good. There was a guy by the name of Danny and he was a nice gentleman who helped me out tremendously. We did the direct deposit thing and we set that up. I’m a little older and I needed some assistance with that. Once I set up with them, I would call them and I used to make a joke that I was harassing them because I didn't remember numbers. I did that every couple of months. They were cool. I had no issues with Cambridge. It has a good system and I recommend it. It’s fairly affordable too. Their program got me out of a problem fairly easily. Everything is paid up now and I’m glad I was able to get out of it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

The enrollment process with Cambridge was pretty easy. I did the application over the phone. It took five years for me to complete the program. I got rid of all my debt and made one payment and I'm in good shape now.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information