2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling
Accredited Partner

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.81/5

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
View More View More

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 1, 2020

Cambridge was referred to me by a friend, so I used them. Enrolling with them was super simple and easy and the program went into effect immediately, so it’s a good deal. I ended up using it for 2 years so it’s really super fast. Their staff was always great. They would always call me to notify me about anything. There would be emails checking in, so the customer service is always top-notch. One bad thing was the credit drop, but I knew that was gonna happen and I’ve been able to slowly build it back up into the high 700s.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I was referred to Cambridge Credit by a friend. The enrollment wasn't difficult at all. They were helpful whenever I had a question. I just completed it last January. It was quick and easy. It couldn't have come at a better time 'cause I moved on a house. It was perfect.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Cambridge Credit gave me good feedback. They helped me with my credit card debt, paying it off. I don’t have the credit debt anymore. We set up an arrangement to make payments. It was an auto-payment to them and they just paid it off whatever had to be paid. It was seven different accounts. They also reduced my interest. The amount worked out fine for me. It was reasonable. The enrollment process was easy. I only talked to the rep twice after, when we first arranged up the re-payment. It was simple. They gave me advice and made sure I stayed on the plan. It’s been pleasant.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Cambridge came by as a referral from a friend who was using the service and I was trying to better my credit. I needed an easier way to kind of make those payments so I could better my score and get that stuff out of collections. The enrolment was really simple and didn't take very long. It was a very quick call, giving the account information for the accounts that I wanted to be settled. I’m finished with the program and I got my certificate three weeks ago. Cambridge helped me better my credit score and helped me get some things out of collections. And it was very convenient. It was automatic payment and it was taken care of. I didn’t have to go out of my way and handle it myself.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I did some research online about finding a company that was reputable and had a really high rating with the Better Business Bureau, and Cambridge was one of those recommended in an article that I read. I had a specific person in the beginning who I originally talked to and set me up, and then, whenever I had a question, I just spoke to their customer service reps. They always had somebody available to answer any question, so it was good. They also sent emails every month about the statements. The only thing was if you wanted to get an updated payoff amount, you had to wait until the end of the month because of all the payments that had gone out for it to process. Overall, it was a very simple and seamless process. The best part of it was that I knew exactly how I was gonna be paying each month. Plus, the cost of Cambridge's service was reasonable. It was totally doable for us each month compared to what I would have been paying.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I had a very positive experience with Cambridge. I'm 100% pleased. Somebody told me about their debt consolidation, and I called them then I talked to Emma. She walked through some things with me and told me I was a hardship and that they can help me. They told me exactly what to expect and how long it was gonna take, and it took a month and a half less to pay it off because the interest went down. Sometime, it was down about 93 cents at the end. I was informed of everything that was going on and they gave me a lot of support. The customer service was great. Everybody was doing their job and they knew what they were doing.

I had three payments with Capital One, and Cambridge helped consolidated it for $50 a month, which I was paying 150 in interest. I have that close to $20,000 that I owed, and I paid it off in four and a half years. I was still paying for it last October. In November, I had the half of payment, and then my debt was all paid off. When I was all done, they sent me an achievement award, which was nice. They sent me the printout of every payment that I have made. I was pretty well aiming to financial buying. I've never missed a payment. They even owed me $4.04 and $4.36 on the other one, and they sent me checks. Everything was taken care of very professionally.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Working with Cambridge relieved me of some debt, and that is always good. Their people were professional and courteous. They consolidated my credit cards into one payment and I was able to pay it off.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I ran across Cambridge Credit Counseling on Facebook and called them. I talked to them so they could tell me how I had to go about doing it. It sounded good and it worked out fine. My credit cards and a couple of other bills were out there, and they said that for a percentage, they would take care of them. It took about two years and a half. They were taking a certain amount out of my check to pay the people that I owe. Only one turned them down, but that’s alright. The payment was reasonable and working with Cambridge got me out of some of my debt. My credit score has jumped up a little bit, which is good. It kinda helped me out, and I decided not to get in that situation again. Cambridge did what they said they were gonna do, and we were off and running. Now, I’m paid off.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I was not notified when there was an issue paying off 24/7 loans. I was told I would be paid off in April and when I called I was told there was an issue. This caused an additional year to payoff the loan. I was not even told about it till I thought I had sent in the payoff. I will not use or recommend Cambridge to anyone ever.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Brian, we apologize for the issues that happened with your account. Initially, we were not aware of the issues that had arisen with your lender. When we did learn of the situation, we worked hard to rectify it on your behalf and our C.E.O reached out to you as we were trying to solve the problem. We are taking your concerns very seriously, and we will review the outcome of your situation with our staff for future consideration.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Everything was good, including the interactions with the reps and the payment plan. Also, when I needed help or call, I always got contacted back.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information