67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (125 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: May 24, 2022

Before I went with Cambridge, I had called other firms in other places to try and get help getting control of all of the debt I had and I wasn't always very inclined to do it because it didn't necessarily feel like it was the best option for me. But when I did the enrollment with Cambridge, it was easy. I felt very certain of my decision and it changed my life for the better. The gentleman who enrolled me was amazing. I didn't feel like it was anything that I couldn't do. Everything was very clear and he helped me every step of the way. He did the evaluation and I felt like we were just having a normal conversation. We came up with a payment plan and I don't recall ever having to move the date because it always worked for me. The amount that I paid was something that I was able to do. I am thankful that I was able to come across Cambridge and it's been great.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations Sherry! We are so happy we were able to help you.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Signing up with them was really easy. From when I signed up until I was done with my last payment, it was very simple. It was a good decision that I made. It took some relief off of me to know that while I was slowly paying those bills off that the interest wasn't mounting anymore. I tell people about using Cambridge and that it was really helpful for me. I recommend them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you Jill! This is exactly what we are here for and what we love to hear. Congratulations on paying off your bills!

Original review: May 13, 2022

The overall process was really easy and it was quick. Also, the reps were good. They were always easy to get ahold of.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you Kristena! We are happy to help.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The reps from Cambridge took care of everything. They contacted my creditors and they each said how much they would take. Then, we set up an amount that I could afford every month and Cambridge paid it all off. It came directly out of my checkbook. It was two years ago that I started the program and it's all paid off. The fee was a little high but it was worth it. And Cambridge is accredited so, everything got paid. I'm out of debt, so I'm happy.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

We are so glad you found success Dawn. Best wishes for your future!

Original review: May 11, 2022

The guy from Cambridge was wonderful and they set everything up for me. It was over $20,000 worth of stuff and I paid a little over $500 a month or however many years it took. It seemed like it was taking forever but all of a sudden, it was great. The customer service was amazing. When all that happened, there were a lot of health problems going on, I was having to charge stuff from my mother, I had gone through a divorce, and it's only when I can pay for things. And it helped me get out of that and taught me to not do that again. If I had to charge something, I would, but I would definitely pay it off the next month. If I had to go get a part time job, I wouldn't get back in that shape.

The experience was great. It was superior assistance and the people were nonjudgmental. It was almost like you were talking to your friend when you would talk to them and the guy that set me up on it down to the very last guy that I talked to were precious, sweet and never made you feel like you were a bad person, which some people would like to do.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

I am so happy you found success with our program Lesia. Best wishes for your future!

Original review: May 10, 2022

The person I dealt with was very nice and informative in the beginning process of getting everything set up. We decided on the payment plan and that was the way it was and it remained that way throughout the whole thing. So, it was easy. By working with Cambridge, I have peace of mind. The portal that they provided was convenient and straightforward. It let you know where you were in the program, how much time you had left for your payments and how many payments you paid. It was a nice little portal.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you Karan! We are happy to help and so happy you found our client portal helpful.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I had a good experience with Cambridge. It was easy and manageable. They treated me well and at the end of it, they sent me a certificate saying I graduated. It was less stressful that having to worry about paying them all at the max that I had to pay. The customer service reps were polite and helpful, and answered my questions when I had them. They always sent me an email showing my payments each month, and a text too. So, it showed me how much it has gone down.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations Keith! We are so happy for you.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I liked the way Cambridge did things the last time and everything was good. This is my second time using them and it’s great working with them. Anytime I need something, I can call and they answer my question. I got caught up last time because I was out on medical leave and I had to use some credit cards to pay bills and stuff, which is why I'm doing it again this time. They helped with the credit cards.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Welcome back Paulette, so glad we can be here for you when you need us.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The customer service reps were friendly, polite, professional and able to answer my questions. It took me from a place where I got in over my head with the fact that I had two small children, who I needed to provide daycare before and after school. And I was okay, until the person who was doing my home daycare could no longer do it. So I had to move to a center, which was much more expensive. Then I had a series of things with my car breaking down, and it was the case where things got maxed out. I was managing to stay ahead, but barely. I was one tragedy away from something putting me over the edge. So, I called Cambridge and they were able to lower interest rates and payments. It was nice to have just one payment a month to them.

The reps were very helpful and responsive. I had a set date for the 19th of the month for a payment and sometimes, the 19th was the day before payday. If I call them and ask if I could change the date to the 20th, they would say there’s no problem. When I called, someone always answered the phone, which was a miracle because now, you can't get anyone to answer the phone. Periodically, a couple times a year, Cambridge would check in with you and see how it was going, if anything needed to change, if there were any accounts that needed to be added and if I felt this was working. So, they were proactive.

Immediately, creditors stopped calling and payments dropped. You still get a monthly statement and I wasn’t opening a bill and seeing it would be paid off in 27 years. I saw that it would be paid off within a four-year period. I could anticipate being debt-free. I've finished my program with Cambridge and I would highly recommend them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

What a great story and and great personal triumph for you! We are so happy for you and wish you continued success in your future!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Enrolling with them was super simple. They were not overbearing and they were really helpful and communicative. They really worked with my financial situation. So I was able to make payments that I could actually afford. It took me longer but I'm now debt-free because of them. The person whom I worked with, Andrew, was amazing. Cambridge is a really well-run business. They helped me get back on my feet and I appreciate it.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations Amanda! We wish you continued success in your financial freedom!

Original review: May 5, 2022

Cambridge saved my **. I would never have gotten out of that mess by myself. The guy who set me up stayed on the phone. He said, “Okay, tell me how much you pay for this. Do you get your nails done? How often do you get your haircut?” Every little thing, and I told him. It was a large amount that I pay every month in comparison to what money I took home. Working with them made my life 100% better. I don't have the debt hanging over me now. It's a lesson learned that I will never do that again.

Some people don't have the willpower to put money where they need to put it. And if you're getting a bill, and it says you owe this much, then you're more apt to pay it. The payment was steep but I could make it most of the time. Even when I couldn't pay the bill, they were very good to move my withdrawal date. But they also made me aware that if I change things, I'm going to be paying longer. Granted they take $50 of the money I pay but they saved me more than $50 a month in interest just by negotiating my debt.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

We are so glad you found success Wendy. Best wishes for your future!

Original review: May 4, 2022

They helped me with consolidating all my cards into one payment. The experience was great. They were always there when I had questions. My debt is now completely paid off. For anything that they offer, I would definitely go back to them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Congratulations Hugo! We will be here if you need us.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Cambridge is perfect. They took a lot of pressure off. They took care of all my bills, put it all together and made me one payment, which made me happy. The reps are very helpful and easy to get ahold of. I would recommend them and I already have a friend that's going through them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Thank you Evelyn! We are happy to help.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Three years ago, I fell into a lot of debt and I needed my credit to be fixed. They taught me through the process and gave me a lot of financial advice. I took on their venture and paid off at least 100% of my credit card debt. The reps were educated on what they were doing. They were accurate and concise talking me through the process. They gave a monthly update and I was always being notified on what was going on. Also, they worked with me on a payment plan. They averaged my income and quoted me what was necessary. They told me once a month what I could tick off and give up just to fit my budget. I definitely recommend Cambridge. It's a reputable service.

Original review: April 13, 2022

It takes too long to get ahold of people over the phone. They could make it a lot quicker for the customer. But other than that, everything was good and it's a good program.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Apologies for any delay you may have had when trying to reach us. We are always trying to improve our systems and recently created a new client portal on our website. Hope that helps!

Original review: April 9, 2022

Everything about Cambridge was good. I'm finished with the program, and it worked wonderfully. It impacted my life real well. I would never have gotten my bills paid off.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Cambridge seemed to offer the most amount of help and they were very clear-cut. The guy that I dealt with, Justin, was super helpful. Laid all the plans out with me, what I needed to do to pay everything back. They were super easy to reach. If I ever had a problem, I could just shoot them an email or a call, and I would have a response within 24 hours. Most of the time, it was less than 24 hours. They were quick to get back to me if I had any questions on a payment that went out. They were super on it. Every time I would call them up, it was as if we had just been on the phone a couple of days ago. It was like we always knew what was going on with each other. They would check in with me every now and then. They would also send out emails every couple of months with a survey asking how I'm doing and my financial situation.

Original review: April 7, 2022

The communication with Cambridge is awesome. They're very friendly when I had to call them. When I asked for something, they got it right then and there by email, which was very good. I'm done now and that was a big payment. But I made it every time, so it's worked out good.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I liked Cambridge's system and it worked fine for me several years ago as well as the one I just finished up this last month. Their reps are great. I would recommend others to use them.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Cambridge helped me finish off some bills. They went through to see what my problem was and they took my credit cards, my Walmart bill and another bill. There were four bills they took, combined them together and made it a monthly payment. They explained to me what we would do and how much it would be for me one payment a month, and how much they would charge me, which was low. And if I had any questions or anything, they gave me a customer service number, which I could get in touch with them. And they put the payment after my check came in. The program worked well. They said it would be three years before it would end. They gave me the month it would, which it did end in that month, and I'm finished with it.

We started with three items to put in the program. The rep was very nice and wasn't fast-talking. She made sure that I understood what we were talking about. Two months later, she called me back and said that she came up with another one to put in and they adjusted where we put a fourth one in. So, I didn't even realize it was the fourth one that needs to go in. So, they put the fourth one in, which didn't take my bill up. Six months later, she called me back and asked me if I felt it took me over my limit, was my payment coming out on time, or if I had any problems with it.

She was constantly in touch for the first year. And she told me it would be like that. After that, I was mainly in touch with customer service. My payments came out early. So, I would just call and do the payment automatically for them and let them know I had already paid it so it wouldn’t come out again, and talked to customer service. And their customer service people were good. If I changed my phone number, I would call and give them that, and they were polite. When I got one of them paid off, I called to see if I could get another card on there and they explained it was best that I didn't put the card on there because of the type of card it was. But they were patient and nice about everything.

Someone went into my account and put some money out of my banking account, which messed their payment up. I called and told them that they may miss a payment and why, and they said okay. They waited until the money was back into the account so my it wouldn't be charged. And when I called and told them the money was in there, they went in and took their money then. So, they worked with me. It was a good company to work with.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I would recommend Cambridge to anybody. Everything is plain and direct. I completed the process. They always checked in on me to make sure that everything was going fine with me. So, I was impressed with their professionalism. They're a great company. The representatives were right on top of it. It was a great experience for me.

Original review: April 3, 2022

When I talked to Cambridge, it seemed like they were willing to work with my situation. The reps were very honest. They said, "You stay the course. This is what happens. You're gonna pay everything off." I stayed the course, and I am done. I'm in a much better place financially. The experience was life-changing, and I am so appreciative of Cambridge.

Original review: April 2, 2022

Everything was super easy with Cambridge's enrollment process. They just asked for basic documents. The representatives were very communicative about the process. Any time I needed any help, they were very good about that. As far as the payment plan, they were very lenient if we needed to change the amount. Everything was great. I love how everybody's been reaching out now that we finished to make sure if they can provide any other services, and all the feedbacks were great.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I used Cambridge for consolidation, and it was great. They did what they had to do. A month ago, they wrote me a letter, letting me know I was finished. My rep was awesome and I felt very comfortable working with him. If I know anybody that needs help, I will recommend Cambridge. They helped me out. I'm happy.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I consolidated a bunch of debt with Cambridge and the enrolment process was very easy. They did all the legwork and I just had to authorize it. Also, the reps were very helpful.

Original review: March 30, 2022

The reps at Cambridge were professional, courteous, understanding, helpful, and responsive. The program worked amazing for me and it's now less stressful because of paying back high-interest rates. Cambridge was well worth every moment of every time and they showed flexibility and compassion. I had a couple of life events and I was able to work with them and we were able to accommodate those life-changing events that needed to have some adjustments.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I had a good experience with Cambridge. My enrollment process wasn’t bad but it was a little much when trying to figure out exactly how many cards it was that I would need to put on it. Other than that, they were understanding and they helped me to understand everything completely. Setting up the payment plan, they asked me all these questions about where I was getting my income and how often I was getting it so they can better help me to make sure these payments were made on time. The price was a little bit much but it was affordable enough for me to make sure everything was taken care of.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Cambridge is a great company. We used them, and I can't believe anybody would have a complaint about them, because they were really wonderful with us. They had very helpful people and reports. They have programs available to help the client do certain things, but unfortunately, we didn't do some of those. We were supposed to, but we didn't. We just kept making our payments, and we got through with the debt a lot quicker than if we tried to handle it ourselves.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I was with Cambridge for five years and it'd been a really long trip. But it was a good experience with them. They helped me through everything, every step of the way, so it was really helpful having them. I also used them in the past and they were the only ones that received a really good debt consolidation rating, so I decided to go with them. They were very hands on in the beginning and they laid everything out for you in a plan. A counselor is assigned to you so you have someone one-on-one explaining everything to you about monthly payments, about what's going to happen to your credit score, and about what's going to happen to your credit cards because they all closed, which most people don't realize. They also tell you how long the process is going to take. From the beginning to the end, they were really in contact with me to let me know what was going on and it was a really good program.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Everything was straightforward and simple. They didn't have many fees and I liked that. They used to call every once in a while and would send me the form every two months to see where we were at. I'm completely done and working with them was very helpful. They got all of my creditors to work with them, except for one that didn't stop charging interest. All the rest of them stopped the interest. It was zero from the time they started working with them. So that was good. They were easy to work with. I don't feel like they were just out to make money. They cared.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information