67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (105 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: March 11, 2022

Cambridge combined my debts, took over certain accounts and had the accounts closed. In that way, it lowered the interest rate, and I got it paid off fairly quickly. My experience with the reps was very nice. Now, I’m finished with the program and it helped take a big debt off my shoulders.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Cambridge was very helpful. I was doing the call for my daughter. When I called them, they were nice, kind and very helpful. It was a very good experience for my daughter. It was a very good, helpful thing for her. I really appreciate it. We would get text messages and emails. This was all very simple and easy. Also, they let my daughter pick the day that she needed to do the payment in the month because of the way that she got paid. So that was not a problem from the very beginning and they never took out extra.

Original review: March 9, 2022

It was a wonderful experience with Cambridge. They were really patient and very professional. Anytime I needed a question answered, I would call them and they would answer my question. The process of me getting out of debt was so easy through them. My goal was to rebuild my credit. I did a pretty good job of that by working with them. They really helped me out with that. The people there that work with you were really nice and friendly. They take care of you. They'll try to get your credit back and get you out of debt.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Whenever I had a question and made a phone call, I always got answers that I understood. I was never disrespected in any way. I had the lowest credit score you can get and through working with them, I'm up to 608.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I had a good representative. I was really pleased with the entire program. It's well worth it. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Everything went okay with Cambridge. Communication was okay. But I wish that it was a little bit easier to pay off. When we tried to pay off everything at one time, we were being told that we couldn't, even though when I originally signed up through the program, I was told we could. So, that’s really frustrating. We also have a dashboard where you could log in and see that you made your payment. But we couldn’t see the account balances as they were being paid. But both of our credit went up pretty quickly with it.

Original review: March 5, 2022

We're all done with the program at Cambridge. It was a very proud moment when we paid everything off. It made us feel good about our finances and took the headache out of trying to manage all of these different bills that we had. We've come away feeling accomplished and empowered by the process.

Original review: March 4, 2022

They had done their job. They got me paid off and not a debt when they said they would. The cost was a little high. But if people do the job they say they're gonna do, that's worth it.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Cambridge took the time to explain. Didn't get upset if we were asking questions. They made it very easy. If we had a question about what they were going to say, what deals they were going to come up with with this particular company, they will focus on that and answer our questions.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

This is the second time I've used them and everything was very good. From the beginning, they were good at negotiating the interest rates to a lower rate and getting everything organized into one payment. Then from there, it was pretty basic because it was just making monthly payments. But they did stay in touch with me. Toward the end, when we were refinancing our house, we were able to put a lump sum together to close out the program. They were really helpful with that in terms of getting the payoff amounts and issuing credits.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

The enrollment process with Cambridge was good. The program worked out great. I like the part that they didn't allow my account to go negative before they started doing anything. They started doing stuff right away. Nothing ever went in a negative. The reps were pleasant, easy to talk to and gave me the information I asked for. Their program did me well. Both accounts were paid off.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

The program was great. I didn't have to worry about everything. My credit counselor was so nice. He let me know everything that was going on. He made sure that I could still have money in my pocket, but at the same time, paying off my credit. I noticed that my credit and my pay history were getting a little better. Things were getting brighter for me. I completed the program and with all the debt that I had, I didn't have to pay a lot at all. I was shocked. It was great. Now I'm getting letters in the mail to get credit cards. I'm loving it. I feel like 100 pounds have been lifted off my shoulder. Cambridge is the best. If you want to get your life back on track, you better give them a call.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Cambridge was so quick to get back to me. Their customer service has been good. My payment plan has been completed and I don't have to worry about bills since then.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The program worked great. We paid it off about six months sooner than we were originally anticipating. The reps were all so helpful and answered every question I had. Every time I called, it was answered right away and if I needed paperwork, they emailed to me within five minutes. It was a quick and easy process. Working with Cambridge helped our credit tremendously. We were able to purchase our house in July and we also purchased cars.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Their service was good and I just got my bill paid off.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Cambridge is a good company. I would refer them. I didn't have to file for bankruptcy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I received a phone call from a gentleman from Cambridge Credit and he enrolled me in the program. It started with the monthly deduction and that would continue for several years. Gradually, the accounts became reduced. Eventually, the funds became less and less that were drawn out of my bank account. Sometimes I would try to hasten it up by making payments on my own to get rid of the debt quicker, which helped a little. There was always someone I could contact. Several people would contact me by phone or on email to find out if I had any questions and my progress. The reps have always been very friendly, forthcoming and personable.

Their program was excellent. Everything was perfect. I'm sure I wouldn't be out of debt if I hadn’t decided and enrolled in the Cambridge program. I felt like the payments, originally, were very high based on my income at that time, but I managed to get through it. They made the deductions every month, usually. Sometimes I had to make the payments withdrawn at a later date so I’d have the funds available, which they had no problems with. I was very satisfied. It was positive working with them. They were very helpful in their recommendations.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

They're great. They communicate everything that they ever did. Especially when the COVID hit, they were flexible. Their service was outstanding. It was worth it. I got everything paid off that I need to get paid off that they were paying on. It was a done deal and I'm happy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I was very satisfied with Cambridge Credit. I'm done with my card now. They really helped me out enough. When they charge you the finance charge and some were deleted, some were lower rated. So, I appreciated that, and that helped me out a lot as well. It gave me some relief and I was excited when I paid off one, and then just started just going on down. I'm glad they worked with me and they worked with the companies on my behalf. I really was pleased with their service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Cambridge served their purpose for the time that they were needed. Their program was okay, initially. They assisted with getting the interest rate down. But it was still a fee attached monthly. So, I just paid the card off to avoid all fees. But if you don't have any other choice, it's a good program.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Cambridge just pays your credit card and that's it. They did exactly what I wanted. The rep was very nice and helpful. If you want to get your credit cards paid off and get out of debt, I'd recommend Cambridge.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Enrolling was easy. I told them how much I owed and a gentleman helped me out with that. He got me started. The program has helped me with all my debt and cleared it up. They made it into one payment which was easier for me rather than paying multiple cards. That's one thing I really liked about it. All the representatives were very nice. They always made sure that everything was good with my account. I got monthly statements of where the money was sent to and how much. Cambridge was really professional. They always answered the phone.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

One of the things that Cambridge recommended in the very beginning was a budget and I did a budget for two years. Financially, it made me straighten out some of the things I was doing. The beginning counselor was very, very helpful because they made me look at a budget and decide how I was going to pay and they told me what I could expect. Cambridge was able to get a reduction in the interest charged on my credit cards. I needed that to be able to make the monthly payments. So, my monthly payments before were higher than what I ended up paying Cambridge. One of the things that Cambridge tells you is your FICO score will go up after you've been in the program but that's not true. That doesn't have anything to do with Cambridge. It has to do with credit reporting. But it would be nicer if Cambridge didn't say that.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Cambridge helped me out with one of my credit cards that was getting out of control. I was able to get ahead on it and restructured it. I got the 0% interest loan on it and was able to pay it off. It took four years and went faster than I expected. Cambridge helped get the budgeting part of my life straightened. They have a lot of good tools and a lot of good people work for them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Cambridge is credible, reliable and they deliver. The enrollment process was easy. I just signed two documents and that was it. Services were outstanding. They reached out to me, not just left me in limbo after I signed up with them. They reached out from time to time to check up and give me an update. They also sent me emails to let me know my balance and the amount that had been paid. The program worked fine. I'm done with them. I thought it was gonna take me forever to pay my debt. I even thought that's gonna mess up my credit. But they helped me to manage it and I got it out of the way.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Working with Cambridge was easy. They have great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Their customer service was very good. It was easy to get set up with them. Very informative when I first started. Any assistance that I needed throughout the whole process was met and handled with care. If I got in that situation again, I'd definitely go with Cambridge again to get out of it. But, hopefully, I won't do that.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

The payment plan was really flexible and the people I talked to were nice. I was always notified of any changes that were being made. Everything was professional and understanding. The only thing I didn't like was like, "Hey, how much more do I owe?" kind of thing. Give me like, "Oh, hey, you have at least five more payments to go." If they only had that on all the documents that were being sent to my house.

The program has helped me save 'cause with all the bills I was having, I was making $600 in different locations. They kind of consolidated where my payments were $151 a month. Every single time I made payments, they show the amount of how many payments I made to that account.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

They said my consolidation would be 'til '21 and that's how it turned out to be. It was about three years. They were very nice. One time, I couldn't make my payment and they let me go for the one month.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

They sent me brochures, paperwork, and things that could help me better balance my schedule and my money. They reached out to me with help and they were very good. Anytime I call them about a concern about a bill or a payment, they're very helpful. Also, it's helpful to know that I can receive my monthly statements. I can keep track of what's been paid and how much my balance is. Cambridge sends out a monthly statement every month of how much they have paid out and my balance on what I owe from the beginning. Anyone who really wants to get out of debt needs to try Cambridge.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information