2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (158 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: May 22, 2021

I was in Cambridge’s program for three and a half years when I first used them seven years before and this time, it’s another three and a half years. It took two different process and two different times that we have had to go through. The enrollment was simple and the reps were nice, easy to contact and set up things. I like the ease of trying to establish an account and having a good report on getting things done.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I was always incurring a late fee and then, I tried and paid what I could pay, and it wasn't enough. With Cambridge's help, I was able to lower my interest rate. All I had to do was put the money in the bank. They took the payment, whether it was exactly on time or not, and they did not charge me the late fee, then got everybody paid. It was awesome. I didn't have to think about it. I would tell the reps that I was a little bit confused and illiterate, and they would kinda chuckle about that. They always explained everything to me and it was good. The gentleman called me up and said my final payment was only 58 bucks and I was like, “Oh thank god.”

Original review: May 21, 2021

The enrollment process with Cambridge was fairly easy considering that I did everything over the phone. The reps were very professional. I reached out to them frequently so all my needs were met. But I had a couple of hiccups towards the end of the last final payments. There were three creditors that, for some reason, didn't get the last payment. They got it late so they ended up putting my account in collections. I had to call them, pay it and get it removed. I resolved it on my end.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Cambridge kept sending me the notifications in the mail, how much was left and where was going where. The program paid off my bills at a lower rate. I got a couple more that I might need to use Cambridge again, but it won't be for a while.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Everyone at Cambridge was friendly and they did exactly what I needed them to do. They took care of everything and worked out payments with the debit card companies and the two credit card companies that I had. They took my money out at the end of the month and it worked out good. It was very simple.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Initially, Cambridge went ahead and got all the interest rates reduced. Some of them were even zero. They dealt with the institution, so I didn't have to do any of that, and then, they set up a payment plan with the vendors. My payments were the same in total, but it was getting paid off a lot sooner than had I paid at the original interest rate. They also closed the accounts, which helped because then, I was not using those, otherwise, I would be tempted to use them if they were open. There was one issue with one of the creditors, and Cambridge was able to talk to them and find out what was going on for me. It was very quick and I didn't have to wait.

Every time I called for information, or if I had a question, there was someone there who would answer it. Other people could look up my account and they were very confident. I didn't always have to talk to my initial representative. They explained everything very well. A lot of companies are all voicemail, and can't get a real person, so it was nice to be able to actually talk to the rep. Once they take out my payment and distribute them, I don't have to worry about it anymore. It was just waiting those three years was the difficult part because it was a big payment.

I ended in March this year and it was a big chunk of debt that was paid off. They were very flexible. There were a few months where I had to change my payment date and they were very helpful and did that easily. Just not having that burden of the credit on my shoulders and all those payments was great. I wish I would have taken advantage of the other things they can utilize like doing a budget or talking to them about re-budgeting.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I was told that Cambridge specializes in credit card debt and that they could help me. And that was what they did. I never had any problems with any of the reps so it was all good.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The enrollment process was easy. I did what they asked me to do and I set up an automatic deduction that comes out of our account every month. So, we didn't have to worry about missing the payment or not getting there on time. Their service was excellent. They were able to get some of the interest rates down that I didn't realize I was paying. They told me I was going to have it paid off in a timely manner that I felt was good. I was able to do it in a couple of more months than what the actual payoff was.

Original review: March 12, 2021

The service from Cambridge was great and the rep was very nice and helpful. I had a lot of bills piling up and I had to pay one payment only, which was good. Working with Cambridge helped me with the credit because I paid it off and now, my score is going up. I’ll recommend them.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The rep I worked with was very good. I talked to different people when I called for different questions and everyone was polite and informative. I appreciated the fact that when I had a question, it was always answered because I wasn't sure what to do. They consolidated all my bills together. We came up with a payment that was something I could do. It worked out pretty well. I'm happy. I would use them again if I could or if I had to.

Original review: March 9, 2021

My experience with them has been great. The enrollment process was very easy. The counselor was very helpful and very knowledgeable. They were very courteous, very patient and they didn't judge me. They came up with the payment plan, which was a lot less than what we were paying out monthly. It was very reasonable. I could also pull up online my statements and progress report and that covered pretty much everything. They kept us updated in emails regularly. We were very comfortable working with them. I don't have a lot of time, so they've done things and taken care of them. I've paid off a couple there that didn't even realize we were getting ready to pay them off. So, that was nice. It's been a positive experience, for sure. They have made it possible for people to pay off credit card debt.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I had a great experience with Cambridge. I didn't really call for all the updates, but when I spoke to anybody there, I had no issues. Everybody was pleasant and took care of my needs there. They helped with the interest and then we made a payment plan that was affordable for me and I paid it on target. Now, I'm debt-free.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Deborah, congratulations on becoming debt-free! It's not always easy to ask for help, but having an affordable monthly payment certainly helps the process of paying back your debts. We let our clients know how much their monthly payments are as well as how many months it will take for them to get out of debt. You were right on target! Please, call us if you need anything else!

Original review: March 7, 2021

I've been with Cambridge for years. They have always been good to me, and the people are very professional. When I called and if I had a problem, they gave an answer. They helped me get my credit paid off. If I can, I’ll get other people to try it.

Original review: March 4, 2021

It was very good dealing with Cambridge. I used their service for credit card debt and I was impressed with the cooperation they got.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

They were really polite, helpful and explained everything to me. I would tell others if they need their bills paid off, to call Cambridge.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Cambridge seemed to have the best program that I could follow. It wasn't too much and I was making headway on my debt. I settled all the ones that Cambridge had. The customer service was great and it was a good experience for me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

With the bills that we had, I was never gonna be able to make the regular payments to everybody or even partial payments, which was why I went into the program with Cambridge. The reps were wonderful and it was a very good experience all the way around. I'm glad to be off of that burden and I'm glad I got them paid.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I'm done with the program. A big weight was lifted from my back. I'm glad I did it. I had a wonderful experience with the counselors at Cambridge. I couldn't ask for anything better. The cost wasn't bad at all, and the service worked wonderful for me. If I have to advise someone that I know about it, I definitely would do it because I'm pretty pleased what they did for me. I have more money left on my budget now, so that's a big improvement.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

They seemed very pleasant. I was very comfortable working with them. The payment plan met my budget good. Everything went nice. Working with them impacted me very greatly. It made me very, very happy.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I researched Cambridge and found that they had an acceptable approval. It was a great experience. We were able to pay off the debts that we had. We still have some left, but they're lower. That was a big help. Now, I don't have the payment coming out. That’s nice because that’s a bit of extra money. With that, I was able to buy some colorful paintings.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I had no problems once I figured out Cambridge wasn't a scam like some of them programs out there. And they paid all my collectors' debts for me. I was able to verify that. Whenever I had questions, I'd call the reps up and I got answers as quick as I could ask them. They solved my problems when I had a question. Everything went smoothly. That's the main thing I liked about it. For the quality of service, it was cheap. The only problem I had was I wish the payment would have been lower. But it would have stretched it out longer. The rep recalculated it once while I was talking to him to get it a little lower. And it wasn't that much lower, but he said that was the best he could do for me. So, I just went with it from there.

However, people who are making less than $20 an hour wouldn't be worth their time to go with Cambridge. If they're only making 15 to 18 bucks, they wouldn't be able to put food on the table. I see all these companies out there, advertising on the Internet and on TV, and they promise a low monthly payment. I just say to myself, “Yeah, if you make decent money, it's a low payment to you.” But if you're working minimum wage, there's no way you could do a debt consolidation company. None of them would have a low enough payment for you. They think everybody has a job that they're making $50,000 or more a year. But I was able to make the payment and still barely put food on the table. I got out of debt.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Everything was easy. To send everything in, you got to take care of it. Let me know what I need to do and pay, and how long. Everybody at Cambridge was great. I usually just did everything by email. I've got the one notification, which is great. I emailed, set this on automatic draft, and there it went. I would like to know what is my balance left on the account so I know where I'm sitting at without having to log in to the Credit Card and Services and find out. That would give me an idea of how close to my goal I was getting. Other than that, I got it all consolidated, and it is off my plate instead of feeling like I was robbing Peter to pay Paul. It was a relief, the breath of it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Cambridge did a great job. They were able to negotiate my debt, lower it, and then consolidated it into an affordable monthly payment. It was very helpful at the time that I needed it. Their rep was always on point. He would always send me updates and notifications. If I ever had any questions, he would return my call and answer them immediately. I have completed the program. It was a really good experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I was at a point in my credit where all of my credit was revolving and I wasn't able to effectively get out of that myself. So I decided to seek some sort of program. I even tried to seek this out on my own by going to a local bank and seeing if they could give me a loan for my credit to pay the credit down to one payment and nobody was helpful. So I called Cambridge and they said they could get them consolidated. They explained everything to me and how everything worked. They kept everything in the light and they didn't hold any information back or anything from the situation, which was really cool.

Cambridge ended up changing counselors on me a couple of times, but it didn't really affect me too much because I was one of the simple kind of customers where the payment was what it was set as and I was okay with paying it. I am completed with the program now. I actually just got the little certificate in the mail. Working with Cambridge gave me light at the end of the tunnel. They gave me a date on when everything would be finished and I ended up getting all my stuff completed a few months early. It was really good. They helped me get my financial freedom back.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Getting started with Cambridge was an easy process. They made it pretty simple. Their process really worked well for me.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Cambridge gave me an affordable rate to where I could do it each month. So, I was happy. The counselor was very nice. My life is a lot better now. I'm all done with it, and I have paid everything paid off.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I struggled with debt. I learned how to better manage my budget and my credit score was repaired in a short time. They have learning tools to help teach how to manage your money so you don’t fall into the debt trap!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The program was set up that Cambridge would take their fee and the money to pay the Discover card right out of the checking account. My bank went along with it and I didn't have to worry about the money going out on time. I'm the world's best forgetful person, so it’s a good thing to have something like that. It made me feel better that I was getting my debt taken care of and I didn't have somebody hassling me all the time. Discover didn’t bug me and they accepted the way it was set up. I was really surprised when the lady called me and told me that I was almost finished with it and that they were taking a fee.

Anytime I called with a question, they always gave me somebody to talk to that would explain things to me if I didn't understand. They did a good job and they didn't harass anybody. They were always polite, didn’t push, and didn’t make any threats. They helped me get rid of my debt and I was satisfied. I would recommend them to anybody. If I ever got in debt like that again, I would just go with Cambridge.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

This company was always reaching out to offer tips and suggested to improve my credit while I was paying my bills down. When I needed to pay in a different day, they were very kind to move the date. While this was a daunting task they did all in their power to make it happen! I can’t tell you how pleased I am to have this experience behind me!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I am very happy to have reached out to Cambridge Credit. They helped me take control of my finances. I am have better awareness of my expenses and can stay within my budget. I will definitely recommend Cambridge Credit to anyone who might be having trouble becoming debt free.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information