1.16/5
Based on 80 reviews that contain star ratings

83 Transworld Systems Collection Agency Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 1, 2019

So I defaulted on my Star Card back in 2010 (that was my fault) and it was sent to collections. Fast forward to 2019 I got a letter saying my Federal taxes were taken to pay a debt to AAFES. Oh I had no Idea I forgot about this and it needs to get paid, so I call the number and talk to someone, her name was J. **, I found out that my card was sent to collections and after 9 years of sitting in collections I owed a total of (after the feds sent them my $1200.00 tax return) $9,046.08. I was taken back to say the least so I ask how that was possible. Well they charge a 17.63% interest rate. My Credit card is lower than that by 1.60%.

Anyway because the IRS was giving away my money I had zero choice but to pay them off hidden fees and all, the Next day I called to ask if I can get an Itemized list of how they came up with that number, after some back and forth and about a week of waiting I received a report from AAFES with a TWS title page, it showed I only owed $4,776.40 and that it was paid in full and ZERO reason why it got to over $10,000.00 due. It did say "the provided information does not include interest, penalties or other applicable fees that have or will accrue on this debt." All the information I needed to know. So now I have to find out what they are hiding and if I have to seek legal guidance because if they won't be open about what and how they charge it is probably illegal.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I contacted this company after receiving mail with my first and middle name. Person was rude, wouldn't work with me. Said even if made payment wouldn't stop from taking my social security. Basically bullies. Military star says the collection company will work with you, but they'd rather make me homeless and lose my daughter.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I work in Quality Assurance. This is a scam. Please do not give them any information. They are trying to get your money and/or personal information. They called me 4 times in one day. One number was an 800 number, the next was a private number, the third was a local number to look like it is from my area, and the last was a SCAM LIKELY caller ID from T-Mobile. Please be diligent with your personal information. When I called the SCAM LIKELY number and the 800 number, they all came back to the same company. The other two lines were "busy" every time I tried. They weren't consistent in saying all calls are recorded. I even had to ask why they only told me one of the two calls was being recorded and why it was being recorded as they did not say.

I know the game they are playing! Stay away. I hope this review helps someone NOT give out their personal information to just anyone who calls or to at least think twice before you act on it. You should never provide your personal information to just anyone calling you, even if they say you owe something or have a collection. Follow your gut... It's always right!! Protect yourself and what matters. It can take a lifetime to build what you have and only one person with the wrong intentions to ruin it all! Stay safe.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I received a Disability Severance pay from the military that was taxed. I spent some time in and out of physical therapy rehabilitation. During this time I fell behind in payments of my Star Card. When I called Star Card to pay a balance about $2000 and was informed that my account was transferred to TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS INC. I was informed by Transworld Systems Inc. that interest and fees had caused my balance had more than tripled. This company wanted me to pay almost $12,000. I begged both companies to forgive some of them with no success. I agreed to pay a fee debited out of my bank account each month.

Fast forward... I filed a Saint Clair Claim with the IRS to get refunded my Disability Severance pay money that the IRS took out for taxes. Unfortunately, I received a letter in the mail stating that Transworld Systems Inc. had taken my entire Disability Severance refund. Neither of these companies gave me the opportunity to re-negotiate a fair settlement for the interest. I’m behind in mortgage and was planning to clean my credit up with the refund money.

Original review: March 1, 2019

These people will harass you and call your phone every day but will not tell you anything if asked to validate your debt. If you try to contact them by email they will not help you in any way. I asked them to verify my debt several times and they refused to do so. I supposedly owed a 20 dollar debt which they added 160.00 in a late fee and harassed me over it. I still do not see how it is legal at all in this country to charge 2000% interest on something. How do they get 160 dollars in late fees on 20 dollars they only informed me about after they added this fee? Now I am going to try to get these scammers into a small claims court I suppose. This is just ridiculous. I see a LOT of complaints online with similar stories on this garbage company and the ignorant people that it employs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Transworld Systems Collection Agency?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

So a long time ago someone tricked me into a magazine subscription. I had to call over ten different companies and cancel with all of them. I never wanted magazines. They finally stopped coming but the calls didn’t. Thy say I owe them a little over $1,000. For what? Something I never wanted that was getting sent to me against my will? ** that. I have to get spine surgery. That’s $100,000 and I have to pay for my house and utilities. ** those magazine companies. I never wanted any. I remember I signed up for cable services and somehow in the process of applying for that according to them I authorized a 36 month long agreement to magazine companies all over the USA. It’s a ** scam. I didn’t sign up for magazines. I would remember if I entered a years long contract. I did not. And now I get so many phone calls. I have at least 100 blocked numbers in my phone.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I get ten calls every day from the company TRANSWORLD SYS INC/51. The company keeps calling me ten times a day, claiming that I owe money from 2009 in the amount of $180.00. Adding the collection to my Experian credit report twice every month to ruin my credit. I don’t owe any money and they are not going to force me to pay a ransom to get off my back.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I provided information to TSCA showing that my FEDEX bill was not overdue, but PAID. FEDEX made an error by issuing a refund to me saying the bill was paid in error, but then turned me over to collection. I guess TSCA looked over the paperwork and decided it was not an "overdue" bill, but a refund sent in error and not their problem. They notified me the case is "closed." I have heard nothing more from FEDEX.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

TSCA is the thug arm of FEDEX. Fedex gave me an errant refund and refused to give an explanation as to how that happened and turned me over for collection and additional charges. I paid an invoice for an imported part (VAT) that was shipped by FEDEX. I got a refund saying the charges were in error. I then got another bill from FEDEX saying now the bill was overdue. I pointed out to FEDEX the bill was not "overdue". It had been paid and I had the cancelled check. I informed FEDEX it was no longer an "overdue" billing error, but a refund that was given in error and should be treated as same. I paid the bill, if they want to send me refunds, it's on them. FEDEX never contacted me and turned me over to collection with additional charges, that I will not pay for. I sent a check for the refund amount to the collection agency. It may be a "small" amount, but I refuse to be strong armed or threatened with collection agencies.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My husband received a call in his office this am stating that I owed a debt that they were trying to collect. He sent me the information and I called. They stated that I owed over 700.00 from June of 2013 with a doctor that I don't even know. I did not give them any information and called the doctor's office. They confirmed that I had no such visit and did not owe any money to that office. They also said that they would not still be trying to collect a debt that old. They said I should call back and ask them to send me the details of the claim and that if they would not then it was a scam... They say they can't send me the information that I am requesting... so beware folks.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

This company works on behalf of the companies they are collecting for. Before everyone gets upset about the information they are asking to VERIFY. Please understand they do it to make sure they are not disclosing your personal information to the wrong consumer. If you have a court fine. I do not need nor want to know about it. They cannot disclose information to just anyone which is why they have to ask you to verify the info they already have in front of them. So before you ask why are they calling think to yourself DO I WANT THEM DISCLOSING MY PERSONAL INFO to everyone? My guess is probably not.

Therefore is you want to continue to shun your responsibility for a ticket you forgot to pay or a bill that got missed in all the chaos of life keep hanging up on them and the interest will keep accruing. If they tell you it is for a court. Call that court before passing judgment. Maybe you moved since the citation was issued and all the court has is the address on your registration Hence YOU WOULD NOT HAVE RECEIVED ANYTHING Because you did not comply with your legal obligation to update your records with the court, DOL, and/or DMV. The agents are trying to do a job and most of the time it is to help us get out of this situation or make us aware of the situation.

Remember they are not asking for your info. They are asking to verify your info which means they have it and know who they want to speak with. They just need to make sure per FDCPA that they are speaking to the Right Party and not a 3rd Party about the debt they are attempting to collect on. If you verify properly with them you may find out the debt is not yours or you may find out it was something you were not aware of and can get it taken care of. But this whole I am God and never do anything wrong attitude that society has needs to be put in check and remember they are just doing their job and following Federal Law when asking for proper verification.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I received a letter from this company around the second week of August 2018. In regards to a debt that I had disputed in the past with another company because it was NOT Mine. The particular Credit Bureau deleted it and I have all the proof. I had already started disputing this debt because they just put this on my credit report without sending me a letter in the mail giving me the option to dispute the validity of the debt within 30 days. That is the first violation, because by law they have to give you 30 days and they didn't even send me a letter on it, only a letter stating that they received my dispute. The account is not mine, they are not the original creditors, nothing was verified, they do not have any type of original contract signed by me or anything.

This company is not even accredited. I would highly suggest those reading this to not let these people get over on you. Dispute, make your complaints on Consumer Affairs, file a Complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Credit Bureaus. This has to stop with this company and many others who don't even give you 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt, no verification process and just put this on your credit report which is a violation of rights of consumers according to FCRA.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The phone calls started a few weeks ago and have not let up. These calls are apparently for my brother, so they will not give me any information. I did manage to get out of them the company name, so I could write this review. They are very rude and this is definitely a scam. My brother had all his debts wiped away with bankruptcy last year. They may have bought a bad debt or are assigning random debts to random people. Whatever the case may be, please do not be intimidated by this company. Stand your ground and do not give out any personal information. Every bill collection company I’ve ever dealt with is willing to give me all the information I need and are not vague and shady.

Original review: May 1, 2018

These jokers have called me every day for months under countless phone numbers, the only similarity being that they start with **. A legitimate call center wouldn't do that. I block them every time. They claim to be looking for a "Deborah **", but considering I'm not a female and have no outstanding debt, my guess is they use any generic name to try collecting personal information. Plus, it's a stereotypical accent that sounds like it's coming from a sweat shop in Bangladesh.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Transworld Systems keeps calling me weekly to collect on an old SleepTrain debt that was paid in full over 4 1/2 years ago! I tried to explain initially how they must have purchased bad paper as my debt was settled in full through arbitration with SleepTrain years ago, but they keep calling me anyway. They refuse to send me or show me any proof of payment records that have to show that they legally own my "debt" (which is required by California law, they are obligated to show all payment history as well as the original contract and payment terms if requested) but whenever I end a call with them, they continue to harass me by calling every 10 minutes or so from different numbers. I've had to block multiple numbers on my phone that caller ID shows as 4-digit numbers. At this point, I'm considering legal action against them due to excessive harassment, but I really just wish they'd leave me alone.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I am a 70 year old recent widow. In 2016 I had cancer. With it came the bills. In 2017 my husband also had cancer. He did not survive and with that came more bills. I set up a payment schedule with Transworld after the hospital sent me to collections even though I was making payments and was never late or missed a monthly payment. I am, since my husbands passing down to less than 1/2 of the income we had before. I have continued to make the scheduled payments, never missed a month or have been late.

Recently I've had to call the company because they have stopped sending me monthly statements. Their response has been that they will no longer send statements and that I will have to remember when to send in payments and keep track of the amount owed!!! They have also been pushing me to either give them credit card numbers or my checking account numbers so they can automatically withdraw money from my account!!! I have had, sadly, had to deal with collection agencies over the years and I've never had this happen before.

I also found out that when I got a statement from the hospital or hospitals (I owe bills to 5 different hospitals) that Transworld counts each and every line as a separate bill!!! This means that if I had a procedure done and the bill listed several tests for bloodwork, medications used, doctor's time, lab time etc. each item counted as a separate bill even if it was for as little as .37 cents or as much as $1,400.00! In effect I was told I didn't have just one bill with the hospital for my treatment I had over 300!!! My credit rating went down from the low 700's to just over 500! They refuse to work with me. I have noticed that when I speak with them now on this there is attitude. I don't do attitude well. I am still working in order to pay these bills off. I wanted to retire this year, not going to happen.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Had a anesthesiologist bill go in that I thought I was paying through my hospital. I called on Sunday, the day it appeared on my credit, they were closed. Called again on Monday... verified I owed it with office and paid it immediately. They will not remove it from my file. They are rude even when you are paying them. I only got hurt in the last few months... it's not like I'm a deadbeat. Here is receipt from what I owed them. This is transaction on my debit card. TSI ** FORT WASHINGT PA ** - $81.42.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I received a bill from them. I went online to pay it and their site doesn't work to make payments, it gives you an error. About a week later before I could get around to trying again they called me. The guy started telling me who they were and that I owed them money. I stopped him and told him to hold on while I grabbed the bill that I thought belonged with their company and it did. I told him I tried to pay it the week before and their site doesn't work, he said they were doing some maintenance on the site but I can just pay him. I usually have no problems paying by phone but I just didn't get a good vibe from him and if they want their money then maybe their site should work.

It's now been about 2 weeks since I tried to pay the first time and it still does not work. I told him I would not give him my information over the phone and I will mail in the payment. I asked if they take American Express and he told me, "We take Visa and Master card". I said the only way I was going to pay him over the phone was with a prepaid card and he said, "Ok I can take that", I said you just told me you don't take American Express which is what my prepaid card is. So they are out of luck on receiving their money from me until they receive it in the mail.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I kept getting these phone calls from Transworld Center, Inc. about my YMCA account. Since I am not late or behind on that account I was very reluctant to give my information on the phone. They want your last four digits of your Social Security, and your street address which I refused to give them as I don't do business with them... So I called the YMCA to find out if I had late fees or was missing something that I was unaware of, and they told me there was nothing wrong with my account. The phone calls continued and they never left a message and the phone numbers came from all different parts of the country based on the area codes. They still call me even though I told them that I have no late fees to the YMCA.

I called the YMCA a second time just to ensure I'm not losing my mind. They told me that they were getting calls from some of their clients about a scam and that these people are just trying to gather information for identity theft. I am so grateful I never gave them any information about myself. What company calls you from different phone numbers refuses to give you information about what they're calling about and immediately starts off with wanting to know your street address and Social Security number??? What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have an account with American Education Services, and they told me to pay whenever I can due to my income status. Because I have medical bills piling up due to depression anxiety that happened cause AES raising my monthly bills. Then I ended up in the hospital due to having AES putting my student loans in collections right after the agent told me take my time, and pay when I can. So now I got Transworld threatening me, and telling my life doesn't matter. Some guy with a deep voice telling me he doesn't care if I go homeless. Because he wants the money that is owed. After I was put in the hospital for mental depression anxiety did you Transworld threatening me.

Here's some good advice. Do not sign college loans with AES. Because they are a bunch of dorks that don't send letters out to you through the mail. Because they go back on their word and tell people that they sent them notification through the mail. Which is a lie. Some people says I should sue Transworld for all the medical bills or put me in a state of depression and tell me that my life ain't worth it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

** is Transworld Systems Inc., a debt collection agency, looking for someone last name **. I'm Asian with an Asian last name. I'm on the NATIONAL/FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LIST. They were seeking someone who owned my number I guess prior to my having it assigned to my new cell phone from a few months ago. I requested that they stop calling and informed them I am on a do not call list so the rep told me to give them 24 hrs to update this information and remove my number from their system.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I received a letter from TSI saying I owed for a hospital bill. I responded asking for proof. They sent information from a hospital for a different person. Not even the same name. They are literally trying to hit me for someone's bill.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Received a letter from ECMC dated August 15 stating if I don't respond within 60 days, my income will be tarnished. I contacted ECMC the following business day (Aug 21, because I received the letter on a Saturday) and they said Transworld Systems Collections Agency has my student loans. I contacted them to set up a payment plan to start taking money out the 2nd of September. By the 5th, I contacted them asking why the money wasn't taken from my account. They told me that they already sent it back to ECMC, who now sent it to the Department of Education, who now says it will take 90 to 120 days for them to receive it before I can start making payments (which I've been trying to do since I got the ECMC letter). To top it off, I even received a letter dated August 22 confirming my payment plan.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

This company keeps calling 2 to 3 times a day for someone that is not at this number. They never leave a message and I have notified them twice to stop calling. I am on the verge of filing a formal complaint against them and possible legal action if they continue. Don't know who they are or what they want but they must have a bad number.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This company and their aggressive tactics has reached my wit's end!!! I retired from the military and had to clear AAFES which stated that I had NO debt owed to them. Fast forward 6-8 months... I start receiving letter from TSI stating that I owe a debt to AAFES ($19.32). Seeing that it was small and I was in the process of purchasing a house I decided to pay it. The following month I receive yet another letter and phone calls stating that I now owe something like $70+. I call them and they cannot tell me where it was from. Now I receive a letter stating that I have a credit from AAFES in the tune of $12.93. I call TSI and they cannot see where I have a credit but instead tell me that I have a debt of $72. After almost 30 minutes on the phone with them, I was given this email address (**) to send a copy of my "credit" letter from them to. This company will be reported to the BBB but I'm sure that they already have been!!!

Original review: June 28, 2017

This company reached out to collect information they claimed was for a garnishment without the employee's consent. Our company would never give out employee information without signed consent or subpoena. They were very aggressive in insisting we send back the forms with filled out information. Our company refused.

Original review: May 26, 2017

After receiving multiple automated calls from Transworld from a local number telling me to call an 888 number to resolve a debt, which does not exist, I read some of these other reviews and began some research. According to the FTC site, the parent company and owner are under permanent in injunction. And it also appears Transworld operated under a different parent company in 2013 and was permanently enjoined from operations regarding debt collections. Not certain it is the same company or not, but appears so. BEST BET: Know your rights, obtain name and contact of anyone trying to collect debts against you, keep good banking habits and records, question any and all challenges of monies owed, pay your bills, and be your own best ally.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I paid LA Fire Department, direct by check, on May 22, 2012. I have documentation of the paid check from my bank that the LAFD cashed the check for the $50 bill. On October 17, 2012, NCO Financial (Transworld's mother company) sent me a collection letter asking for $82 for the bill. I wasn't upset because slippage can happen and it might not be an attempt to defraud. I sent them back a copy of their letter with the added information that I had paid the bill and I enclosed a copy of the documentation (a bank verified copy of the paid check). I send all such letters certified and with a return card. I heard nothing more until I received another letter, today, from Transworld. Transworld is the spun off daughter company of NCO Financial.

Transworld sent me the same fake claim, except they are asking for $72 this time. (Note that they do not discuss the original bill's total, they try to add their fee without documenting it). I suppose that they could hope that after five years I might have lost my documentation. I was aggrieved at first because usually such documentation is stored by my CPA. But in this case, because of the original fake bill (2012), I had made a folder for my copies as documentation and put it in my operating files. Now I will send them a second letter, documenting all the way. I hope to testify in congress someday about the abusive behavior of some collection agencies. I suspect that this agency is skating around the law, because it doesn't provide good documentation of what the original bill's amount was and what their collection fee is. I can't believe that the United States would allow a bill to be sent that way.

As to their reviving a fake zombie debt. Well, it's a five year old debt and if it hadn't been paid, it would have been uncollectable. Any debt where no money has been collected for two years, and no judgement has been made by the court that the debt is valid, is uncollectable. My understanding is that if a person doesn't admit to the debt (agree that they owe the money) and doesn't pay any amount on the debt for two years (to anyone) and that debt hasn't been litigated, then that debt is uncollectable.

Why? To prevent these kinds of attempts to collect debts that aren't owed. The collection agency hopes that I won't have documentation after so many years and that I can be intimidated into paying them for a debt I don't legally owe. This won't happen. I have documentation. I know when to call my congresspersons and I also know how to research how I can file a complaint against the collection agency. Further, I can afford to take this company to court and make them pay the costs. (And I would love to see them pay the costs.) This is no different than being harassed by a Nigerian scamster! Whether the call center or mailing company is in the United States or India or Nigeria or Thailand or Mexico, it doesn't matter. An attempt to collect a non-existent debt is against the law and policies of the United States.

Also, even if I owed a debt and wanted to pay it, I can refuse to deal with a collection agency. All I have to do is pay the original owner of the debt. I cannotify the agency that I will not deal with them and that I will only deal with the original owner of the debt. If I don't owe or don't want to pay it, I can send the agency a letter telling them to stop contacting me and that I don't owe the debt (for whatever reason). The agency must stop contacting me. Then the only alternative the original debt owner has is to file in court asking for a judgement. The agency might have a legal branch to provide that service but that doesn't matter. The collectors must stop calling and the only option they have to to go to court. The debtor (person who owes the debt) is then given a chance in court to argue that the debt isn't valid. And the lawsuit has to be filed within two years of the debt being incurred. (Same thing if you need to sue a car insurance company, two years to file!)

Now, some collection agencies do use fraud in attempting to get judgements. They send the subpoena to the wrong address or in some other way try to not notify you that you are supposed to show up in court. So, you have to watch out. I'm surprised that there isn't a legal watch website where you could pay to watch out for troublesome lawsuit filings. I suppose large corporations could have them. Virtually all legal filings are available on the web but we need a system like the one we have to watch out for credit rating changes.

Perhaps the big three and "Lifelock" will add such services to their credit rating watch services. (I am not saying that Transworld would do something illegal... They could just be venial and database incompetent...) I will be back if these fools don't straighten their database and documentation. And if I have a third attempt from that company, I am going to file a lawsuit for harassment. Incompetence can amount to harassment if the effect is the person injured is the same.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Received eight phone calls on my work phone number from (602)714-8445 from Transworld Systems Collection Agency within the last two weeks. The call-back representative was Scott **. He claims the company doesn't have rep numbers. I finally called back and was treated with rudeness and a very unprofessional attitude. I confirmed my phone number and date of birth. They had the wrong person and I asked the representative, Robert **, to take my name off their calling list and he said I could just "disregard the calls." This is an unacceptable response in my opinion. I'm a teacher and these calls are interrupting my classroom. Our phone system also sends an email for every missed call, which is just an annoyance.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Transworld has placed and trying to collect on a federal loan that does not exist. There was no loan because of exhausted financial aid, I am permanently disabled and all federal loans have been forgiven, so if there was a loan it would have been forgiven. I am a senior citizen trying to purchase a home with my daughter and this loan is preventing me because it's on my credit.

Transworld Systems Collection Agency Company Information