Transworld Systems Collection Agency

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company reached out to collect information they claimed was for a garnishment without the employee's consent. Our company would never give out employee information without signed consent or subpoena. They were very aggressive in insisting we send back the forms with filled out information. Our company refused.

After receiving multiple automated calls from Transworld from a local number telling me to call an 888 number to resolve a debt, which does not exist, I read some of these other reviews and began some research. According to the FTC site, the parent company and owner are under permanent in injunction. And it also appears Transworld operated under a different parent company in 2013 and was permanently enjoined from operations regarding debt collections. Not certain it is the same company or not, but appears so. BEST BET: Know your rights, obtain name and contact of anyone trying to collect debts against you, keep good banking habits and records, question any and all challenges of monies owed, pay your bills, and be your own best ally.

I paid LA Fire Department, direct by check, on May 22, 2012. I have documentation of the paid check from my bank that the LAFD cashed the check for the $50 bill. On October 17, 2012, NCO Financial (Transworld's mother company) sent me a collection letter asking for $82 for the bill. I wasn't upset because slippage can happen and it might not be an attempt to defraud. I sent them back a copy of their letter with the added information that I had paid the bill and I enclosed a copy of the documentation (a bank verified copy of the paid check). I send all such letters certified and with a return card. I heard nothing more until I received another letter, today, from Transworld. Transworld is the spun off daughter company of NCO Financial.

Transworld sent me the same fake claim, except they are asking for $72 this time. (Note that they do not discuss the original bill's total, they try to add their fee without documenting it). I suppose that they could hope that after five years I might have lost my documentation. I was aggrieved at first because usually such documentation is stored by my CPA. But in this case, because of the original fake bill (2012), I had made a folder for my copies as documentation and put it in my operating files. Now I will send them a second letter, documenting all the way. I hope to testify in congress someday about the abusive behavior of some collection agencies. I suspect that this agency is skating around the law, because it doesn't provide good documentation of what the original bill's amount was and what their collection fee is. I can't believe that the United States would allow a bill to be sent that way.

As to their reviving a fake zombie debt. Well, it's a five year old debt and if it hadn't been paid, it would have been uncollectable. Any debt where no money has been collected for two years, and no judgement has been made by the court that the debt is valid, is uncollectable. My understanding is that if a person doesn't admit to the debt (agree that they owe the money) and doesn't pay any amount on the debt for two years (to anyone) and that debt hasn't been litigated, then that debt is uncollectable.

Why? To prevent these kinds of attempts to collect debts that aren't owed. The collection agency hopes that I won't have documentation after so many years and that I can be intimidated into paying them for a debt I don't legally owe. This won't happen. I have documentation. I know when to call my congresspersons and I also know how to research how I can file a complaint against the collection agency. Further, I can afford to take this company to court and make them pay the costs. (And I would love to see them pay the costs.) This is no different than being harassed by a Nigerian scamster! Whether the call center or mailing company is in the United States or India or Nigeria or Thailand or Mexico, it doesn't matter. An attempt to collect a non-existent debt is against the law and policies of the United States.

Also, even if I owed a debt and wanted to pay it, I can refuse to deal with a collection agency. All I have to do is pay the original owner of the debt. I cannotify the agency that I will not deal with them and that I will only deal with the original owner of the debt. If I don't owe or don't want to pay it, I can send the agency a letter telling them to stop contacting me and that I don't owe the debt (for whatever reason). The agency must stop contacting me. Then the only alternative the original debt owner has is to file in court asking for a judgement. The agency might have a legal branch to provide that service but that doesn't matter. The collectors must stop calling and the only option they have to to go to court. The debtor (person who owes the debt) is then given a chance in court to argue that the debt isn't valid. And the lawsuit has to be filed within two years of the debt being incurred. (Same thing if you need to sue a car insurance company, two years to file!)

Now, some collection agencies do use fraud in attempting to get judgements. They send the subpoena to the wrong address or in some other way try to not notify you that you are supposed to show up in court. So, you have to watch out. I'm surprised that there isn't a legal watch website where you could pay to watch out for troublesome lawsuit filings. I suppose large corporations could have them. Virtually all legal filings are available on the web but we need a system like the one we have to watch out for credit rating changes.

Perhaps the big three and "Lifelock" will add such services to their credit rating watch services. (I am not saying that Transworld would do something illegal... They could just be venial and database incompetent...) I will be back if these fools don't straighten their database and documentation. And if I have a third attempt from that company, I am going to file a lawsuit for harassment. Incompetence can amount to harassment if the effect is the person injured is the same.

Received eight phone calls on my work phone number from (602)714-8445 from Transworld Systems Collection Agency within the last two weeks. The call-back representative was Scott **. He claims the company doesn't have rep numbers. I finally called back and was treated with rudeness and a very unprofessional attitude. I confirmed my phone number and date of birth. They had the wrong person and I asked the representative, Robert **, to take my name off their calling list and he said I could just "disregard the calls." This is an unacceptable response in my opinion. I'm a teacher and these calls are interrupting my classroom. Our phone system also sends an email for every missed call, which is just an annoyance.

Transworld has placed and trying to collect on a federal loan that does not exist. There was no loan because of exhausted financial aid, I am permanently disabled and all federal loans have been forgiven, so if there was a loan it would have been forgiven. I am a senior citizen trying to purchase a home with my daughter and this loan is preventing me because it's on my credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Transworld Systems Collection Agency?

This company does not send out collection letters when requested. They call and ask you for your address and last four of social security number. They leave messages for you to call a certain person, but anyone calls and anyone can take a call. Called with 949 area code. Seem's like a scam.

These people are CONSTANTLY calling my phone and never leaving a message. They always call from 3 different numbers with a NY area code (914) which I had to block from on my phone because it got to the point of harassment. I finally decided to call back one of the numbers and asked the representative what the nature of their business was. She told me that they are a "Financial Institution" and handle "personal business matters". A very vague response, and when I asked for more details as to what types of personal business matters they handle, she said she wasn't allowed to disclose that information. So that irritated me more, and I told her what kind of company blows people's phones up, never leaves a message and when questioned about why they're calling said person, the response is information cannot be disclosed???

She refused to give me any information about the company but then turned around and asked me for my personal information. So again, I told her I'm not telling you anything until you tell me what the nature of your business is --- same response that they're a financial institution. I asked, "So you're a bank?" Her response, "We handle personal business matters". I then disconnected the call.

I had started with Coworx Temp Agency and my temp assignment 5 months ago, as of January 20, 2017 my wages showed an deduction of some type at 5% garnishment of my paycheck. I called my corporate office and they had confirmed a garnishment was put in through an official document from "Transworld Inc" of roughly $890 and up to date remaining balance is $742.83. Sent back in December and updated in January. I am at lost as to where to start, being I was not notified of this action nor was I kept in the loop by my company. I had asked for an copy of this "official garnishment document". My company however said they can not give me an copy. They did provide an tracking number, account number, and a phone number (866) 649-1823 that went straight to an fax type of sound. "Unacceptable" Protocols of an Temp Agency as well as Transworld Inc had been dismissed as to notifying the person they are garnishing wages from.

I checked on my credit that I monitor daily on Credit Karma and did not see any collections activities in this amount or mentioning of this company. Any suggestion as to what the next step I must prepare for? This is unlawful by all means.

Cold called from phone number **. Rude person started asking for info to resolve debt wanted to verify my name, DOB, Address. But would not tell me what it was for. Then said something about an unpaid student loan of which I don't have any. Hung up on the lady. Please continue to report these scam artists!

I have never dealt with such good customer service. I really appreciate that they do NOT share your personal info without verifying right party contact. I was given name of hospital, date of service, Dr name that saw me that day and breakdown of bill. Excellent customer service!

They are scam artists. Dont want to provide breakdown of the bill they sent. Very belligerent when I called up. They dont care if the debt is legitimate or not, just want to get the money and threaten that it will go on my credit report if I dont pay. A shame consumers have very little protection against these kind of collection agencies and have to pay the debt legitimate or not or else have their credit ruined. Something you never hear politicians talking about reforming.

In checking my credit report there's an entry from Transworld Systems Collections Agency in Ca 800 771-3708. I'm not aware of any outstanding medical bill for $396.00. I've received no documentation for such a bill nor is the phone number listed functional - keep getting a fast busy signal. This collection is damaging my credit rating.

They blew up my credit report with numerous hospital bills for which I have no documentation. I try to contact them using their listed contact information on their website and the "hotline" is a one box mail system that is always unavailable. I have yet to get to them and I am FURIOUS that they have affected my credit report with their nonsense and then refuse to assist in clearing it up. The worst NON consumer oriented agency on planet earth. I HOPE THEY GET ENOUGH COMPLAINTS TO GET PROSECUTED.

Ok from the reviews I see on here I have to believe this company is fraudulent. I noticed a drop on my credit report by 83 points because this agency reported that I owe 2 hospital bills back in Sept. 2016. We are in Nov. 2016. I doubt a bill would go to collections that fast and besides that I haven't went to the hospital in over a yr. So I think this company is bogus and is just trying to get money from false claims. BEWARE OF SCAMS! Sadly I lost so many points after I tried so hard to build my credit.

I had traffic fines from Tacoma WA so my driver's license was held here in CA. I paid the traffic fines in full, and got my CA license. I had a balance of criminal fines, I have every month's statement showing the amount paid to date. I have been paying on this over 4 years at 25 a month. I am disabled and draw disability in the amount of 748 a month and the last month I stopped paying was Aug 2016. It showed I paid 425 dollars and 50 cents. Four years only pays back 1,200 alone. I called them today 11/11/16 and they told me the reason why is that the interest rate is more than the payment therefore I will never be able to pay this off. I have receipts for every month paid early. I refuse to pay any more.

I received a letter from this company saying I owed money for a bill never received. It has been over two years since I have done business with the business named and they were paid for work not completed properly. It states I owe the company money plus interest, but have no information on a bill or specifics. I believe this company and the credit company to be a scam and I have reported them to the US attorney generals office and I suggest everyone do the same. This kind of exploitation needs to stop. Also on the letter I received it listed an account number and a website to go to in order to view more info, but the number is stated as an invalid account. Go figure since the whole thing is a farce.

Noticed a debt that was indicated on my credit report. Called immediately to verify this information. The number that is listed through a Google search and on the credit report is actually not the correct phone number to contact. Tried utilizing the website; however, a reference number was required in order to do so. Of course, I didn't have this information because a credit report only provides you with the last four digits of the account. Finally after being hung up on approximately six times, I finally spoke to someone, only to not have all the necessary information required to obtain the information I needed. In one day, I called and spoke to 20 agents/managers and finally (so I thought) was done with my business with TSI after finally being able to pay off my accounts. So of course, I needed confirmation of my payment for my employer and guess what, TSI has to mail this information (so I was told).

Called the following day, and spoke to another agent that was very rude and she rushed me off of the phone. Called back six more times to request a letter that confirms that I made the payment. Out of six agents and one manager, was then told to submit a HIPPA Release form that I could obtain online through a Google Search. After submitting this form, I am still waiting a letter confirming my payment. This experience alone, has been draining and has caused me undo stress. Anyone that is sending their debts to them should think long and hard, because this process was not an easy one and in fact, I feel that the company could care less about resolving these debts.

I received a bill in the mail from Transworld systems claiming that I owed Tacoma Municipal Court $590 for a Criminal Traffic offence which they don't State what it was. Well first off I haven't been in any trouble with the law criminalize in like 13 years. Second if I had I would know about it and this wouldn't be the first bill that I had received. So why am I not receiving this bill. I guess I have to send them a dispute letter within 30 days to find out but I'm not paying them a dime because I paid all my fines from the past. How is it they are still in business.

Today, through the mail, I received a notice to appear in court to show cause. I have no idea what this is about; nothing is stated except to "show cause." Cause for what? The one piece of paper I got was not from these people and I did respond that the debt is not mine as I have no idea of whom they are trying to collect for. I also told them I felt they were trying to collect a debt that was taken in a bankruptcy a few years back. I am hopeful to find some money and let an attorney take care of this. Perhaps if enough of us cite the unprofessional and corruption they are pulling on people, they will get closed down.

I have had the same experience as most of the other reviews for this outfit. Although "collections parking" is illegal, the credit bureaus find it fair to ignore my disputes and side with Transworld Systems Inc. an obviously fraudulent company with a proven track record...

I happened to pick up the phone when they called. They wanted to verify employment, and when I asked for a name they happened to be asking about me! I requested information as to why, and they were talking about some student loan. Since I never took a student loan, I knew this was a fraud. I asked for a supervisor, and the same idiot kept coming back with no real explanation as to why they were asking for me. Losers!

Got my scam call from Transworld Systems. Did not pick up. Waiting for their next call. I do not owe anyone a penny, but thanks to this consumer site and others, I did my homework. I am prepared for their next call. Go to your state's Attorney General's website and read your consumer rights! "Fair Debt Collection Practices Act".

This is what the law states in Colorado: Transworld must supply me within 5-days of the phone call in WRITING, the name of the alleged company claiming I owe a debt, their address, and the amount of the debt. Within 30-days of receiving this notification from Transworld, I must dispute the debt in writing, then they must provide me with VERIFICATION of the debt in writing. I have read that they play games with this "notification letter." Saying they sent it, blah, blah. Whoever calls me, I am going to make it 100% clear that I am reporting the company's activity to my State's Attorney General Office, and theirs in PA if I get any kind of pushback, rudeness or threats.

I called because I had outstanding medical bills and I wanted to clear my debt. I spoke to Patricia ** (may be spelled incorrectly), who told me she would offer me a settlement so that I would only have to pay 80% of my medical bills. My bills totaled to $2,135.09. She told me to pay a total of $1,814.09. I paid this amount before doing the math myself. Paying 80% of my bill would have only been $1708.07. When I called back I spoke to Cheryl ** (may be spelled incorrectly) who said Patricia offered an 85% settlement instead of the 80% I was originally told. There were no notes to indicate that I was told I could settle my bill by paying 80%.

What is the actual purpose of the call being recorded if they are not going to do as they said? Granted it is my bill and my responsibility but if you offer a settlement at a specific percentage you should calculate the math correctly and do as you stated. I should not call and receive a different amount when I call in again. They also could only provide a confirmation number and not send an emailed receipt which I find strange after paying for something that is over $100. This was also my mistake for not doing the math myself and relying on this collection agency to do their due diligence.

After Transworld started garnishing my wages, with no prior contact with me, I filed bankruptcy. It took me several calls to get someone who could tell me who the original debt was with and then they did not want to give me a phone number. My bankruptcy was discharged recently and the notice sent by the court to Transworld came back as undeliverable. I cannot get a good mailing address to send it to these yahoos. I am still owed money from the garnishment from Transworld and would like to get my notice to them so my wages can be returned. It should be illegal for a debt collection company to operate this way.

I just received a call from this company, and it seemed incredibly off, and unprofessional. The woman who called immediately said that she needed my personal information before we could proceed further - without giving me any information other than the name of her company (which does not tell me much). I asked what the call was regarding and she, again, said that she could not tell me anything without my personal information. This is not true. She could have said it was an attempt to collect a debt, or even that her company was a debt collection agency. I said, "I'm sorry, but I am not comfortable giving my personal information out without at least knowing basic function of the company that is calling me." She let out a heavy sigh and repeated that she could not tell me anything without my information. I responded with, "I'm sorry, but if you cannot tell me what your company does I fear we are at a stand still." She immediately hung up on me.

I have dealt with debt collection agencies before, both in my own life, and in helping my grandmother with her affairs. I have never experienced such shady, or rude treatment in my life. I had to call back to get the full name of the company off of their recording, in order to search for their information, which lead me here. I do not have any debt that is not being handled correctly. The only way I can these vultures may have found my information is that I recently took out a new car loan.

These clowns called and tried to bully me into giving them my underage daughter's information. They are extremely rude and unprofessional.

This company just sent a bill to my son's father for $232 for TWO parking tickets from Tacoma Municipal court, where he has never been in his life!! The only time I've ever been there I parked in the back lot where you take a ticket going thru the gate and pay to get back out! This FAKE BILL was sent to my father's address in my son's dad's name with NO information on it such as license plate number, time and date of supposed offense, etc. This company needs to be reported to the authorities for STEALING money from people and DESTROYING their CREDIT!!! We have a high cost attorney and are pursuing legal action!

This rotten company keeps calling about a internet loan from back in 2012. Yes I did apply for a loan but was denied, never received any money and never had payments taken out of my account. I did call them and was so upset. All it kept saying was "MY NAME IS /// AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?" The name of the person was Stacy and also a Kim. Something needs to be done with this company, also told Kim that I have reported this to the police and she hung up.

Upon reviewing my credit report, this company mysteriously appeared on October 5, 2015 under TSI/969. $91.00. City of Jacksonville Under Collections. I have tried to contact them without any luck. I called all 3 creditors - 2 who claimed it's not showing on their records and all three claimed they did not know who they were, what the code meant nor how to contact them! I need to get them off of my credit Report. I see that many complaints have been lodged. I believe this to be a Scam Company.

Transworld Systems called my employer and said they needed my SSN for Wage Garnishments. Thankfully my employer refused to provide this information to them, but Transworld wouldn't provide me with any information on the debt they were claiming. I have no outstanding debts and no one has contacted me about any debts so it sounds like a major scam.

Transworld Systems Collection Agency Company Profile