4.7/5 (453 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: June 3, 2022

The process was quite easy and fast. The guy that I dealt with was nice. He was very helpful. He was able to recommend me to a spot down the street that was able to get me an extra registration paper, and then we continued the application process. It was a well-rounded, good experience.

TitleMax response

Thank you for the feedback Timothy! We are happy to hear the process was easy and fast.

Original review: June 3, 2022

The process was pretty easy. I just went in there and asked for a loan, they went through pictures of the car, took my title, and then they gave me some money.

Original review: June 2, 2022

My loan officer was awesome. He had great customer service. He answered all my questions. He was super friendly and nice. The whole process was pretty quick.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback Veronica! Glad you had a good experience.

Original review: June 2, 2022

It was great with TitleMax. It didn't even take five minutes. Jessica did good with me.

TitleMax response

We are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience Shakelia! Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I went with TitleMax and the process was smooth. The rep was good. TitleMax helped me when I needed it. I’d recommend others to go over there.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback Steven! Happy to hear you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: June 1, 2022

They gave me great customer service, and they helped me get the money I needed. The process was super simple. It went like butter. It was pretty easy. The rep that I worked with was all around great.

Original review: May 31, 2022

TitleMax's process on getting the loan was good. Initially, I downloaded the app on my phone, but I wasn't too sure about that. It didn't seem like I could get an answer on the spot. I decided to see which was the closest location to me, went into the office and it went by rather quickly. The rep was very informative, and I didn't have any questions. It was pretty straightforward. The loan was helpful for what I needed it for, and getting the funds was really easy. I just used my debit card and it went right through. It didn't even take 60 seconds. I was happy with that.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback Marcus! Glad we could help.

Original review: May 31, 2022

The application process was easy and simple. The service rep was very friendly, knew everything, and went over everything in more detail if I needed it. TitleMax does a very good job of making sure everything's taken care of. The rate and terms were pretty well explained. The rates are easily manageable. TitleMax is the best place to go. They give you a reasonable time frame and rates. They're very friendly and very well organized. They're willing to work with you on getting payments set up.

Original review: May 30, 2022

The reps were super nice and friendly, very helpful, and made sure I understood what I was doing and what I was getting into. The only thing was it was a long process. The girl I had to go through got my information and she looked at the truck and took pictures. It took an hour and a half, and the rate was crazy too. 2.62 was the minimum payment, but I knew that if I kept the title in pawn I'd be paying just about as much as I did for the truck. My aunt gave me the money to get it out of pawn. Still, the TitleMax loan was convenient because, at the time, I was in a bind, and I really needed that money. I'm out of work right now. I got struck by an excavator back in October and the bones in my leg broke. I'm good now, getting my normal life back.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback Jacob! Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: May 30, 2022

The lending process was quick. The rep that I dealt with was wonderful. She was very nice. She got the job done. TitleMax helped me a lot. I've been in the hospital, so I had to catch up on some things. It was right on time.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Titlemax was great. The process took no more than 30 minutes, and the loan helped for what I needed it for.

TitleMax response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience Kathy! We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: May 29, 2022

It was a pretty fast and simple process.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Working with TitleMax was good. The rep, Todd, answered all my questions and made the process pretty easy. Interest rate was high, but so was everywhere else.

TitleMax response

Thank you for the feedback Veronica, glad to hear you had great service.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The TitleMax reps were very sweet. But I hate the terms. I hate that it’s a month-to-month thing. All the underlying ** was crap, because that's a really ** thing to pawn your title month-to-month. You're paying $500 a month, and it's not even going towards the actual payment. It's just to renew it for another 30 days. And the rep said, “Oh, even if you pay 50 cents or $5 extra, it’s gonna go towards lowering your payment." So, the $500 is just interest rate every month, until you can actually pay them back $3,000 for a car that is more than $3,000. I did it in a time of need, so I appreciate that. But it’s still crappy. They are taking advantage of vulnerable people. You should never do it.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I needed emergency money so I did a car title loan with TitleMax. My rep was really good and the process took 45 minutes. I was pretty much prepared because I called in. I took everything with me when I went there just in case such as my Social Security and a copy of my lease. The rep right away did my paperwork. Right when I was about to walk on, she said she got an approval.

She told me, she was, “This is the day you will have to pay. And if you don't, you can just pay this much. And you can just pay it with your debit card. Instead of coming by the office, you can do it on your app, or call us... If you want to pay everything off, this is the amount. But if you come in the office, we’ll give you your title right there. But if you do it over the phone and pay everything off, you have to wait about three days. And then you can come pick up your title.”

There was only one thing I was confused about. You tell them this is how much you need then you get approved for a higher amount. For example, they approved me for 1,750 and I only needed 1500. It says that I have 200 cash and I don't know what they do with the other money. I don't know if I was able to use it or not. That aside, I’m gonna refer TitleMax to some people because I have friends that really need money. I had a good experience in getting things done and they didn't charge me much.

TitleMax response

Thank you for the amazing feedback Maria! We are happy you had a great experience, let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: May 27, 2022

The rep was good. I thought I was misinformed but it may have been that I misunderstood what she was telling me. She took pictures of my car and my driver's license. I had to sign papers and she submitted it. It was longer because somebody else had to approve it.

TitleMax response

Thank you for the feedback Paula! We appreciate it.

Original review: May 26, 2022

It was good with TitleMax. Francisco was very helpful. I liked his friendliness, him being engaging with me on a personal level and being informational about everything I needed to know. There was no judgment.

Original review: May 26, 2022

The rep was awesome. She was a very good person. TitleMax was very good, fast, and nice.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I got the loan that I was approved for instantly. The person that I had was very respectful and upfront about everything. She told me all the details and in the near future, once I get this payment paid off, I'll most likely be eligible for more. If I had a referral to somebody, the other person and I would receive an amount of money for them being referred by me.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I had a good interaction with the manager of the branch. Everything was fine.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I would definitely recommend TitleMax. The process was easier than I thought it would be. The lady that was in there was having multiple people and she did a great job. But her trying to multitask and the end where we had to wait for the approval was the longest part. On my car, my VIN number is on the door. TitleMax required two different locations of the VIN number.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I needed a room and TitleMax loaned me the money so I can get a room for a week. The process took long but they still handled it and did an awesome job. they just needed my title and driver’s license. Their rep checked out my car and told me to come back in about 30 minutes.

Original review: May 22, 2022

It was a great experience with TitleMax. The process took about 20 minutes. They helped me out a lot. The rep was very nice.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Working with them was very helpful. They approve fast. The rep was pretty quick. The process took less than 10 minutes. My vehicle just had to be in working condition and I had to have references and be working.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The application process was cool. For the approval process, when asking me about what I was looking to get, I thought that they would go around that, but they didn't. They just kinda gave their own price. Some of it felt intrusive, but I understood due to the fact that I was given a title loan. The rep was sweet, helpful and communicative.

Original review: May 19, 2022

The interest rate with TitleMax is 120% lower than what it was at Speedy Cash. The process took a little while, but the lady was new so that was fine. The experience was easy and convenient.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I didn't know how the title process works. TitleMax walked me through that and let me know that they offer personal loans. But what I got approved for wasn't going to work for what I needed, so I left it there. Then something came up where I could use a couple $100. I went last week back to them and they're awesome. I got approved for 250 and that was exactly what I needed. The rep was so sweet. The other gal that works there too helped me last time. They were thorough and helpful. They didn't waste my time. I appreciate people that know their job.

Original review: May 17, 2022

TitleMax told me the year of my car didn't matter. They just wanted to know the condition. The process was fast and easy. The representative was good. The only thing is I got $650 from them, and they say I'm gonna have to pay about 2,600 if I can't pay the whole thing back in 30 days. The interest rate is a little high.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I wanted a little more, but due to certain stipulations, I wasn't able to receive as much. But it was fair for me. The reps had a pretty good vibe with them. However, they said, "We could probably get you about this amount," but when the process came, it was, "They only approved you for this amount.” They said that they wouldn't know exactly why.

Original review: May 15, 2022

I paid 100 bucks to borrow the money for a week and a half. When they showed me how much they charge people for title loans, I was blown away. If I had taken that money out and wouldn't have been able to pay it back in a week and a half and if I would have made regular payments to them, at the end of the last payment day, I would have paid them $26,000 for a $4,500 loan. I don't think people should have to go through that, in some kind of hardship to get taken advantage of. But the reps were nice. They seemed very eager to help. They called me back and told me to let them know if they could help me with anything else and that I could take more money out if I wanted.

TitleMax Company Information