Get Pricing

4.7/5 (121 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

They helped me out with what I needed. They were real professional about things. The process was pretty quick. But the internet went down at one location so I had to go to another location to finish it off. I was short on rent so TitleMax helped me out a lot. I got to get some things that I needed to get.

TitleMax response

Hi Tommy - thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

They seemed easier to deal with. The process was pretty cut and dry. I gave them my title, and they gave me the money. I had a really pleasant experience with the reps that I worked with.

TitleMax response

Hi Karl! Thank you for sharing about your recent experience. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

The TitleMax representative was really nice and he helped me. The process took a little bit of time, but I didn't mind at all. It was fairly easy. The rep got it done and I was very happy that it was able to get what I came in for.

TitleMax response

Thank you for the feedback, India. We hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

They gave me more money than other places were willing to give. They gave me more for what I was looking for. The process was pretty fast. The rep that I worked with was pretty good and very nice. Everything was good.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your review, Randy. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

With TitleMax, I haven't had any problems this latest time. In previous times, I wouldn't say the same but this latest situation, they've all been very responsive and helpful. They're a little more personable and resourceful because there are some things that have changed where some of them do everything, some do just the personal loan, some do different things that as a consumer, we weren't aware of. TitleMax looks at all of it holistically. It's one store. When I went into the office, even though it wasn't in the rep's location, she helped and guided me. She gave me good information to get me to where I needed to be.

I was impressed with the individuals that I used out in the Farmers Branch area but I needed something closer to me in home. I never could find that one out there. Evidently, they moved and I didn't know it. When you have a true need and to get yourself out of those situations, TitleMax is great. I've also had some bad taste in my mouth too with them previously. Some locations are different. When you're in the city, it seems like there's a path to completion and getting it final. But when you're in the suburbs and places like that and go to those locations, they can set their parameters however they want to in their programs and you just never see an end. To me, that's bad blood for people. People are struggling enough and you don't need that. There should be an end so that people can see progress.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Tonya. Please let us know if you need anything else and we hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I had a good experience with TitleMax. I used them some years back and we came back to use them again. We got a car loan and the process was great. The worker was very helpful in explaining everything just as far as with the paperwork and taking me and working me through the process. She was very experienced and she was a very great worker. I would recommend TitleMax.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Brandon! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The rep that I dealt with was very sweet and helpful. TitleMax is doing a great job. I greatly appreciate their help.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a pleasant experience at TitleMax, Samoree! Please reach out if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My experience with TitleMax was great. Brittany was the lady that did my account, and she was very awesome. The application wasn't that hard, and she was right there to help and if I had any kind of questions. I was there less than an hour, but she had gotten busy. Then she had trouble with the picture taking the VIN. When she would take the picture, lint was in the way. She took a whole duster out there and dusted it off. When she submitted the pictures, it kept bumping it back saying it wasn't a clear enough picture. Then she had to contact someone and get the override of it. Other than that, it wouldn’t have taken so long. She was trying to help another person, too. So, she was going back and forth because she was the only one in the office that day.

Overall, she did very well. She didn't make me feel like I was doing something wasn't supposed to be doing. She was there to help and explain things. She made the process better. I was needing help, and she made it more pleasurable. She called to check on me and to see if everything was going good with the card and make sure I can get the money off of it. So, I was very pleased.

TitleMax response

Hi Cynthia! Thank you for sharing your recent experience. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I've done business with TitleMax on and off for the past 15 years. I continue to come back as they're convenient and the people over there are professional. They may just have to employ a few more Alabama fans. Overall, I was happy with the service. Don't hesitate and go to TitleMax.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Tomas. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

There was money I wanted to spend, and I didn't have it. So, I just did title loans and TitleMax was the first one that popped up that was the closest to my house. Their process was really easy. Geraldine was really nice and friendly. I showed up at the last minute, and so I kept her there well over an hour after they were supposed to be closed. She was polite and didn't have a hint of attitude. I was nervous at first. Then after a couple of minutes talking to her, I stopped being nervous.

TitleMax response

Thanks for sharing your experience, John! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Everybody's always been very nice at TitleMax. I went online this time and I got responses. I live in Palestine, and then I would have had to go to Tyler which is miles from me. So, to be able to do it in my bedroom was a plus for me. I could sign the documents over the phone. They had a way of verifying the bank account that I had the information that possibly nobody else would have, so it made it easy for me to do it. Based on my income and everything I had, it had said I was approved for 660. But then it went down to half of that, which was a personal loan, and I can understand that. It all seemed to be reasonable for me and I didn't wanna borrow more money than I needed. I would recommend them as it was pretty hassle-free.

TitleMax response

Hi Frances! We are glad we could help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

TitleMax had some of the best reviews. Getting a title loan from them was pretty easy. It didn't take long either. I worked with an excellent representative. TitleMax did a good job.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your feedback, Michael! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I took a car loan out from TitleMax and the lady I worked with was very sweet. The lending process was fast. I was approved before I left.

TitleMax response

Glad we could help you, Brittany! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

We've always used TitleMax with our titles before. So, we just wanted to stay with who we knew. Their reps were nice. It takes a little while for everything to go through, but it was fine.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your business, Jennifer! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I live right down the street from TitleMax and the people there were great. They got good customer service, and they helped me a lot.

TitleMax response

Thank you for sharing your recent experience, Christina. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I needed help and I called the other providers, but they were so eager to rush me off the phone. I spoke to a person from TitleMax, Amanda, and she was so nice to me on the phone. They only had an hour before they closed and she wasn't trying to rush me off the phone. She was trying to explain to me. Then, when I got there, she was busy with somebody else, so Vicky got up and introduced herself and she started helping me and explaining to me. I really liked it. She even explained all my finance charges. She explained everything to make sure I was comfortable before I decided to take the loan. I really did like that because most people will not tell you what it is. Everything went great. She was very polite about everything. If I didn't understand something, she showed it to me and then explained it, and I continued from there. I would refer TitleMax to anybody.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a pleasant experience, Valentina! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

When I talk to people in Big Spring, they're fine but I don't like the online deal because if you're applying for a loan and then you get over there, and then you find out you're not approved for it. Somebody called me from TitlemMax, and they told me that I was preapproved for $1,000. I got over there, and they didn't approve me. I wound up having to do a title loan. The process took just about 45 minutes. I just took the title. Then they took pictures of my vehicle. I wound up just getting $560. Overall, TitleMax got friendly people there.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Oliver. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

It took two months to get the loan. It was a quick process. Their people seem good and friendly.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Ben. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

TitleMax was close to my house. Their rep was awesome, and she was really friendly and easy to communicate with. TitleMax had a pretty fast lending process. They were able to load the funds into my debit card. She even offered a check, but there were a lot of options on ways you can get the money. I thought it was pretty cool and smooth.

TitleMax response

Thanks for sharing your recent experience, Shavelle! We appreciate your business and are glad we could help.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I like TitleMax. It was my first time going with them and the service was good. The rep was nice and she helped me.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your feedback, Elester. Let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

It was good service that I got from TitleMax. The rep I dealt with was very nice and kind. He was very generous.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a great experience at TitleMax, Patricia! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

The Title Max title loan experience is the worst decision I ever made. I promise the company doesn't care about people in need of funds. The amount I was quoted for my SUV was not what I received. When you ask for less money, the representative gives you a coupon for more money. I read over the terms and conditions which seemed a little confusing. The paperwork came up on a screen that provides certain copies.

My loan amount request was $600 and I was persuaded into borrowing $1,200. Stay away from the coupon offers. The title loan terms could've been explained a little better. I didn't have any experience with a title pawn and I think that's how Title Max got over on me. I should've asked more questions than I did. A few weeks after the loan, I lost the income I needed to pay on the loan. There were numerous phone calls reminding me that I needed to make a payment. I was late on one of my payments had to pay a little more. I thought that with my payments being one hundred dollars and come change a month after 12 months I would be finished with the $1,200. No, I ended up paying $4,000 after everything was over with because the loan started over every 30 days.

The day I came in to pay off the loan the representative had a promotion to borrow more money. I politely turned down the offer for more money. The title went to the location and not to my home address. Then, the representatives gave me a bag with a Welch's drink and a bag of popcorn as a celebration for paying the loan off. One would think after all of the money I gave the company they could've gave me some AirPods or something. P.S. The company sends mailers with your entire name on the envelope or card most companies have just a first and last name.

TitleMax response

Nicki - thank you for reaching out about your experience. We value your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

The lending process took a minute but it went smoothly. It was a fast and friendly experience with the rep. Working with TitleMax helped me out financially a little bit.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your feedback, Myra! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I had an excellent experience with TitleMax. Their professionalism was very good. They were also very helpful.

TitleMax response

Hi Alicia! We are glad you had a pleasant experience at your local TitleMax. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

TitleMax is a great place. I did the title loan and the lending process didn’t take that long. I had to have my title and my ID and the lady had to take pictures of the vehicle all the way around. She was good and I was very pleased with the service. She was doing three people at one time and she was running around like a jackrabbit in and out.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Ilay - let us know if you need anything else!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

The lending process was quick. It took about 20 minutes. The lady was also very friendly.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Anissa! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

The customer service at TitleMax was great and the lady was very professional. It took a little bit to do the process but it wasn't bad because she was so nice.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, John! We appreciate your business. Let us know if we can help with anything at all.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Their service has been great. The rep I worked with has been very courteous and fast. I would recommend them. They're very professional.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Teresa! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I got a title loan from TitleMax and the process was simple and easy. It took about 45 minutes. I was in a bind and TitleMax helped me out a lot. It is the best place to go. They explain everything from start to finish on everything, how it's going and how you do it and how you make your payments.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a great experience, Shaquisha! Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I went inside the store and Alicia, the rep, was the only person in there. She had a few people in front of me so I was there for about an hour. She was cool. TitleMax helped me pay off my bills.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your business, Jamie! Let us know if you need anything else.

TitleMax Company Information