4.7/5 (470 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

It's easy to go in the TitleMax location I went to and talk to the representative. She's very understanding and can help you get to the right loan that you need. She was very good, nice and told me about the products as much as she could. The lending process was smooth too. Working with TitleMax gave me the money I needed.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Nehemiah! We are glad we could help.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I called the day before and spoke to Mike. He let me know what I needed to bring in, then he met me at TitleMax a bit earlier because I needed to get something done before they opened. He was in the office 15 minutes before they were supposed to open to get me started with it. I was in and out, and my experience was excellent. The reps offered me something to eat, and their facility was clean and healthy. Also, the rep didn’t rush me and answered all the questions I needed to ask. It was on Labor Day weekend, and I was able to get the amount of money I need to put down for a down payment. They helped me get my spot.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Stephanie! We are glad we could help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The rep was wonderful. She was in the office by herself that day, so she had a lot going on. It was also close to closing time and she went ahead and processed my loan. It was seamless and it went by quick.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a pleasant experience, Amber!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The rep was good. I had no problems and she answered everything and handled everything that I needed.

Thanks, Austin!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I didn’t have a loan on my car. If I have, I didn't see any past issues going on. So, my credit reflects somebody else but not me. I normally would have qualified for just a signature loan but I'm having to deal with others stealing my identity. We tried just doing a signature loan the first time around and I couldn't get approved. But it didn’t have a problem, so I can’t see why TitleMax had given me a title loan. They should give me a signature loan instead of using my title. My car is worth way more than what they gave me for a title loan and their interest rates are horrible. But the rep was nice and the process did not take long at all, which was 30 minutes. TitleMax was there at a time I needed it, so it was a great help. I'd send friends to them, but with caution.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Shana.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Everything was pretty fast. The process only took an hour to get done and I was able to get funds the same day. It was a good experience.

Thanks, Christopher!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

My son and I had some difficulties dealing with not making it to the DMV on time, which messed up getting a title loan, but leave it up to Mrs ** at the Maynardville pike location! She came through, called the DMV and was able to go back there and get the title loan we needed! Would recommend her to anyone needing a title loan!

TitleMax response

Thank you, Direction! We are glad you had a pleasant experience at TitleMax.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

There were a couple of different things that they said that I had to have before they could even do the process. But both of the reps that I dealt with in Parkdale were great.

Thanks, Marcus!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

The application process was quick and easy. The rep that I worked with was fantastic. It was fast and friendly service, and the representatives were awesome. It was a great experience.

TitleMax response

Thanks for the feedback, Scott!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

The lady who helped me was awesome. It was an incredible experience. It was a great deal that they could come through for me to make it happen.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Jamie! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

My experience with TitleMax was amazing. The employees were very quick, respectful and friendly. They offered me refreshments and they were very courteous. So I enjoyed the experience much more than I thought I would. When you're going somewhere and borrowing money, you get nervous but they made the process so easy that it relaxed me. The money helped out and they were very nice about letting me know how to go about it as far as getting if I needed any more, how easy it was to go online to my account and everything could be processed right from my phone. Their customer service was excellent. If you don't have people that are nice to you and treat you with dignity regardless of the situation, then you won't want to go back.

Thanks, Beverly!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

They helped me to their best ability. I had a nice experience with TitleMax all the way up until the car that I had stopped on me, and it was stolen off the side of the road. When I called and let them know that the car stopped and there wasn't a parking lot, they told me that they weren't able to go get it. But once I got back up there, I figured that they went and got it. But I haven't heard from TitleMax for years.

I recently went for a new car and all of a sudden they keep calling me about that old car. I never knew that they did not receive that car. They keep calling me and asking me to pay the balance. At this point, it's three years later and it's no way I can make a police report now that the car was stolen because I thought TitleMax got it. They stopped calling. But then they got my new number from this new title loan and now they are constantly calling. I'm feeling harassed. I told them that if I had the money to pay them, I wouldn't have even brought another car to them.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

The rep looked at my vehicle, turned it on, told me to back it up to get a picture of my tag. She was nice. The process took about an hour and I got the funds that day. It was in my account before I even left their office. I was able to honestly get the things done I needed to do with the money by working with TitleMax.

Thanks, Patricia!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I had a good experience with TitleMax. They were helpful, polite, very nice and tried to make sure everything was correct. I needed a loan so working with TitleMax helped. I would recommend it and tell friends to go. They're efficient and try to get you the best money they can.

Thanks, Michael!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

My experience was very positive when I started working with TitleMax. They were very helpful and explained everything to me so I could understand exactly what I was going to do or was I gonna accept my responsibilities. They were very open and didn't hide anything. There were no surprises that I was unaware of and it wasn't something complicated. Usually, you're scared of how much you have to pay back but it was self-explanatory and it was easier for me. If I need to get a loan somewhere, I know exactly where I need to go.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Sanjuanita! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I turned in my title and the rep looked at my car. I got my loan right after she finished taking pictures of my car. The process took about 25 minutes. Everything went good with TitleMax’s customer service.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Mae!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I absolutely loved the people at TitleMax and the process was super simple. They explained everything to my level, where I could understand everything, and did their best to make it to where I got the most out of it. They did amazing and were very quick and good at what they do. The rep had to find a couple of numbers. There was one in the windshield that was sun damaged. So, we had to search for another one. But we got it all figured out. Working with TitleMax helped me out a lot. That loan that I needed to get helped me and my family finally move into a better situation than where we were at.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Dusty! We are glad we could help.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

TitleMax is a good service and you're able to get what you qualify for. Everything went well and smooth. I was asking for a certain amount, I got a little bit less than I wanted but that's fine. The rep was great and well-informed. I went at the last minute and she could have closed on me but she accommodated me. The process was fast.

Thanks, Luis!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

The rep took all my information and told me what I could get. She kept my title and told me what my payments would be like. When you have an emergency or something, TitleMax would be a good company to go to.

Thank you, Mercedes!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I had something going on so I tried out Titlemax and see what they were gonna say. My experience was excellent and the process took an hour and a half. The rate was good too. Working with this company really helped me out. They are a good company and they're a good worker.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

The customer service overall was great. The location was nice and clean. The atmosphere was nice. The young lady took care of me. She was very professional, nice, and very informative. She went through the process pretty smoothly and explained to me everything, step by step, even on the screen. She told me my process and what I have to do. She also told me about the app and downloading it on my phone.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Rogelio! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Application was a quick process. I spoke with the manager at the beginning of the week. I asked her how long it would be because my lunch is just an hour. She ensured me that everything will be done within an hour, which it was. And I was able to get back to work. It was appreciated. However, the rates are high. The terms at 30 days is a lot. We should have an extended time to be able to pay the money back. I know you pay your minimum, and you'll get an extra 30 days. The minimum is a lot. Because if we need the money, we need the money at the time. But for a certain amount of money, 30 days is quick to pay, or even with a minimum, that we're already in debt. Once I pay TitleMax back, I probably wouldn't do it again because the price is too high.

TitleMax response

Hi Valerie. We appreciate your feedback. At TitleMax we are always trying to improve and learn from past experiences. We would like to learn more about your recent visit. Please feel free to reach out to us at 1 (800) 804-5368 so that we can get more details about your situation. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

They were nice and friendly. They kept me alert to the things that were going on if there was a little delay. They were pretty good.

Thanks, Sharon!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

TitleMax helped me tremendously. Their loan process was pretty fast and over within 30 minutes or less. I borrowed 1,500 and now I got to pay 300 a month and I wish it was a little bit less. But that's just what comes with getting a loan from them.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Jasmyne. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The rep gave me the proper understanding and the process took no more than about a hour

Thanks, Brandon!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I came into a pinch and when I called TitleMax a couple of times, they gave me some details each time. Then, I decided to go in and take out a loan. I was very scared as I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. But customer service rep was excellent. She answered all my questions, addressed my fears, and thoroughly explained everything to me. She helped me log into the app which I had on my phone and told me about the DocuSign. So she went over everything with me so well on the online part. The APR was outrageous so I was blown away by just the one-time rate for the month, but it was a great rate.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Tessa!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

The whole process took about 30 minutes. It went very well. The rep that I dealt with was a very nice lady.

Thanks, David!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

When I went to TitleMax, the general manager was the only person there, and she was cool and impressionable. I got a car title loan and the process was very quick. It took 30 minutes and I was in and out. They just needed my license and proof of income. Going with them was something I had to do very spontaneously and it was beneficial to me in that moment. I wish I got approved for more, but that wasn't anything I could control. And I don't know how they gauge the rates, but that was fine with me.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Whitney!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

The guy who helped me was pretty straight up and honest about how the interest accrues and how it works. He was a very helpful guy. Everything went okay. I've already paid back a third of what I borrowed. It was $1,500 paid back to TitleMax's interest for the month, and paid back 500 of the 1,500.

Thanks, Michael!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

The whole process took about 30 minutes and I was able to get the money I needed. It was a great experience.

Thanks, Gary!