4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

2239 TitleMax Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I had a wonderful experience. The employees was very helpful with questions that I had asked. I love TitleMax and will recommend anyone to go there. They have great service. When I called on today, was able to get my question asked in a great manner and the lady was very helpful with helping me over the phone. My name is Christine ** and I am very grateful as always to TitleMax here in Newport News, VA.

TitleMax response

Hi Christine, thanks for reaching out about your experience. We're happy that our staff at TitleMax Newport News, VA were able to help you. We appreciate you for being a loyal customer!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My uncle goes through TitleMax all the time. I needed a bit of money one time so I had to give it a shot. I secured a car title loan from them. All I needed was my ID, a clear car title and the vehicle. The rep backed it out and took lots of pictures of the car. But then the process took two hours. The computer of the rep who was working with us kept freezing up on him. The manager took over and things got done pretty quickly after that. Despite the issue, both of them were really nice and they apologized for wasting our time and for their computer. The manager ended up giving us an extra $50 for our convenience. Overall, TitleMax did great.

TitleMax response

Thanks Nicole, we appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry the process took you around two hours, but I'm glad to hear that you had a positive customer experience and that the store employees were helpful. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My experience with TitleMax has been great. I got a title loan from them. The process was great and they have great workers. We chit-chatted in there with one of the girls, so it took a little longer than expected. It took about an hour to complete. But it was fast and easy.

TitleMax response

Hi Sherry, thanks for giving us know your feedback. It is great to hear you had a positive customer experience with us! We appreciate your business!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I failed to pay my fault and I don't blame company for collecting my car. What upsets me is that I begged the day my car was taken to get my personal items out of it. I was not told to several days later where my car was. The company who took the car threw away and took several important things out of the car and I can no longer get these items back. I believe that was breaking the law ‘cause law states I had the right to get my stuff and I was not. So forewarned if you have items in it your car and you have to let it go to them get your stuff. ‘Cause the lady at the store Said, “Oh well you should have already gotten it out.” And the company that had the car said, “Oh we can give you $50 for your troubles.” And since I'm just out of luck I thought I'd rant on here. But I bet it gets deleted.

TitleMax response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Donna. We appreciate your communication and would like to assist with this matter. We would like further information so that we may look into your concerns, please contact us at 1 (800) 804-5368 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Everything has been great with TitleMax. They were the loan provider that helped me out the most. They're very nice, helpful and very quick. They went over all the usual things as far as when payments are due, and everything went really well. The process took about 20 minutes. They have to put in some information and it has to go somewhere and then they have to get it back. But I was satisfied with that timeframe and I would absolutely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I just became unemployed, so I’m trying to get enough money to pay the rent for the next couple of months while I’m looking for a job. I was doing searches for title loans online and recognized TitleMax. I’ve heard of them before and when I applied for a loan in person, the process was quite smooth. From start to finish, it took a little less than an hour. The rep was very friendly and supportive too. All in all, TitleMax was able to take care of my needs.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I needed to pay a bill and TitleMax was my first option. The guy that I dealt with was very pleasant. When we started, they told me how much money they could go and get for me. It was a couple hundred dollars less than what I was expecting, but it worked and I got the loan. I went to cash the check and it was fairly easy.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I shop in the local area and I've seen the building where TitleMax is located. Anywhere I went to totally refused me and TitleMax was the only one that worked with me. They got the loan processed for me but I wasn’t too happy about the percentage. For a 2,500 loan, if I go the 48th month, I’ll pay $20,000 back. But people have different circumstances that they go through and I needed the loan at the time. The loan process took about two hours and my vehicle needed an insurance, so it took a little longer. But their rep, Martina, was very helpful and and has a really good personality. She did everything that she could for me and I appreciated her help. All in all, I would recommend TitleMax if you’re in need because they’re very professional, they have a clean office, and they take care of you.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I got a title loan from TitleMax and the overall lending process was good. It took about an hour and it was really easy. I gave my title and my license and they took pictures of the vehicle, cranked it out, and checked miles on it. The rep was good and professional.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

A family member referred TitleMax and I know that if they like it, I would like it too. When I walked in, I was greeted like I was a family member and it was nice. Everything was taken care of too. When filling the documents, I told them to give me an hour or so and even though I had to call them right back to come pick me up again, it was a quick lending process. The loan helped me out so I’m a lot less stressed. Everything worked out perfectly.

TitleMax Company Information