TitleMax

4.7(3,735)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements
Cons
  • Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 17 states

Stars Rating

• 80%
  • 12%
  • 5%
  • 1%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Reviewed June 4, 2024

The lending process was short and the woman that helped me communicated with me very well. We had good conversations. If you want quick money, go with TitleMax.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

TitleMax treated me well and the overall process was 10 out of 10. They were very friendly and they helped me with all the process.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I got a title loan and the process was a lot less stressful than I thought. It was a last-minute thing and they made it easy. In the beginning, when I was gonna download things to save time and I returned back to the office, it seemed there were some issues with what I entered. I thought I had entered everything and it told me I did but when I got there, it didn't seem like it either saved anything or captured what I previously entered. It took a little bit more time than what would have normally happened. But they periodically checked on the status and if I needed anything.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Everybody was nice and the loan process was simple and easy. The interest rate is a little high but I needed the money so I had to do it. I only got about $1,100 and they're asking for close to six back. It's interest based. So I gotta stay in front of the interest and make my payments. It's $17 a day to have a loan so if I calculated that right and I pay that every two weeks and then make my regular payment on the second, I should be fine. If you need the money, go to TitleMax if you got a car title.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Everything went smoothly and easily, and it wasn't a long process. It took about 30 minutes because another customer came in. It was a very good experience. The reps from TitleMax are very nice people. So, for everything that needs to be done, they will make sure that you understand everything that you're doing.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

The people from TitleMax are always very attentive and professional. You don't feel like you're about to get ripped off. It's always clean and quiet, and they are very helpful. I did the process for a title loan on my own through the phone. It wasn't long. I will refer the company to others.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

The TitleMax rep I worked with was good. The only problem I have with them is the interest is too high.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I had a good experience with TitleMax. The rep I worked with was very polite and helpful. She was also friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

TitleMax helped me very well and accommodated everything I needed, especially in a time of need. The rep was wonderful. After she left, I ended up going to a man who was wonderful as well. They weren't rushing and eager to just get my information. They worked with me in every which way they could. I referred my family members to TitleMax, one being my mom. She's supposed to be going up there today as well.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I asked Titlemax about the title loan, the procedures and their means to help me get what I wanted. Their process is perfect. If you have everything that they require, it takes an hour to two hours. The rep knew what she was doing and gave me all the information that I needed. Everything was explained to me accurately and I was very comfortable with the experience. They made everything easier beyond my expectations. I would recommend them.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I was in a tight spot for some cash and Titlemax came through. They have good customer service and the people are very respectful. But it sucks that I owe double of what they gave me.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Curtis at TitleMax did his job well. He was very helpful and explained everything very thoroughly because I've never taken out a title loan before. I'd recommend TitleMax.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

TitleMax is good. The rep was awesome and handled the loan very quickly.

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I came in and had my car inspected. They told me what I could get for it. I felt like that was fair what they were offering me for what I needed. I was satisfied working with them.

Reviewed May 27, 2024

The reps knew what they were talking about. I got a title loan with TitleMax and I’ll be straight out with friends and tell them to try not to. Not because of the place but the interest rates. It's high.

Process

Reviewed May 27, 2024

It would be a good idea to go to TitleMax if someone wanted a title loan or a personal loan. I went to a location, and the process was quick. I've made a few payments on the website as well. However, I was a little confused. I made a payment of 150, then another of 100, and it renewed me to get another 30 days. That was not what I was trying to do. I was just trying to make a payment towards the loan.

Reviewed May 27, 2024

It has been a great experience so far. First, I applied online, and it gave me an error message stating that I would have to go to one of my local TitleMax places. I ended up walking in and talked to the lady. She asked, "What can I do for you today?" I told her I was looking to try to get a loan. She told me what I needed to do, then she made the offer and walked me through my payments. The whole process from my application to getting my loan took about 30 minutes to an hour. I'm dealing with some hardship financial-wise, so the loan helped me out a little. It helped relieve some stress.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed May 27, 2024

I decided to purchase a loan with TitleMax due to me getting married at the time and wanted some extra funds for my honeymoon. The process was easy. It wasn't a hassle, and whatever questions I had, the rep was very knowledgeable about everything. However, it looks like the lender that works with the company kept sending back documents for some reason, then all of the photos that the rep was posting up, they kept saying that they weren't able to get them. It took a minute to get everything done, and in all, I was there for about four hours, including the wait time with them approving everything and making offers.

After that, TitleMax didn't waste any time with payment once I was approved and they had everything they needed. The payments were automatically processed. TitleMax helped me out great, and I was happy at the end of the day. My wedding was very important to me in the time that we had, and our honeymoon was even more important. It was definitely a major impact for me. We were able to enjoy our honeymoon peacefully.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

TitleMax seemed like the fairest one. The car title loan process took about an hour. The lending processor was good.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I needed some money to help pay my rent. So, it was an idea to pawn my title to TitleMax. I like how much I'm paying back. The interest rate was fine by me being a first time customer. My customer service rep was very knowledgeable. So, that was why the lending process was easy. Also, it took way less than an hour. I got there right before they closed and she still did business with me. She went outside, took pictures, and got the VIN. She did everything that she was supposed to do.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

The rep at TitleMax was kind and very pleasant. I applied for a personal loan, and the setup took about 10 minutes. I did have to upload documents, and it was very easy. Overall, the process with TitleMax was easy. I was able to get answers right away.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed May 26, 2024

The person who was attending me was amazing. She helped me out on all the paperwork and explained everything right to me. It was a fast process. It took about no less than 30 minutes when I was done with filling out the paperwork, they had came back with a response. If you need a loan real fast, go to TitleMax because they're very helpful and they will get you out of the door real fast with a loan.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I went into TitleMax’s location but the young lady who was working there instructed me on how to do the application online. It was easy and it took about 45 minutes. The rep was well-informed, polite and very humble. It was a wonderful experience with TitleMax and people should give it a try. They'd be shocked and happy with the result.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Everything's okay with TitleMax. They treated me with respect and they helped me in every way that I needed help with. It was a good experience. I'm satisfied.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I got a title loan from TitleMax. I filled out an application and it was completed in 30 minutes. The reps were good.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Everything was good in my experience with TitleMax. I sent in the requirements. They explained that to me. The lady I spoke to informed me that she wouldn't be in the office by the time I got to that side of town. She told me her co-worker was there and they would be able to assist me. The system was messing up, so it took longer than usual. I ended up taking the pictures on my phone through the app that they told me to download instead of them using their system. The customer service was good. The rep was friendly. He walked me through everything. He read over all the documentation before I signed them, making sure I understood everything that I was signing.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The lady that was in Titlemax treated me so nice. I would recommend her to anyone. She told me about the loan and she told me how things work. She was very educated on it. So, I really enjoy just going in there. They made me feel right at home. I needed the portal downloaded. But I was doing clinicals at that time, and I had to go that day. I couldn't learn how to do it on my phone. But they were willing to take me to come in another day just to sit me down and show me how to do it on my phone because I'm over 50 and they know that I'm not that computer-savvy. Also, the manager got there real early because she was working with me. She was willing to come back in real, real early to help me finish. I had a very good experience. I would recommend anybody to them. I will use them again and keep using them.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I had a very good experience with Justin and Hilda. They broke everything down to me.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The process took an hour. My rep was very good and helpful.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The TitleMax rep was nice. The amount that I owe is due within 30 days on the 31st of this month. So, I decided, for this week, to pay half of the amount that I owe. Then next Friday would be the 31st, and I was gonna pay the other half. I was supposed to pay 145 and 145, with total up to 291. But when I paid the 145 today, she said to come back June the 30th and I owe 175. She tagged an extra $30. I was like, “Where's that coming from?” I'm not paying the minimum. I’m paying my title out within 30 days. I think what she tried to do was delayed me to June 30th so I could pay that extra $30, but I wasn't trying to look for an extension. I was just trying to pay it off.

TitleMax Company Information