Get Pricing

2. Finance
  3. Payday and Title Loans

4.3/5 (76 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

TitleMax was closer to my job. I’m a small contractor in the apartment complex across. They're in Memphis. And they were somebody who can loan some money. The young lady was professional and said we were a perfect fit. I got a vehicle she could lend me some money on, so she did. She got the job done. She and the office followed up on me, on another call that came in. After I borrowed that money, I lost my brother - my best friend. It was a tough minute for me. I'm not broke-broke, but I had a $5,000 payroll I had to get out. My checks were coming every 45 days, and sometimes they were late. The lady just looked at what I had to offer and said she could lend me money on it.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your feedback, William. We're so glad we could help. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

The process took a day or so. I had to go to the DMV and add TitleMax to my registration to my title. I didn’t know that part I had to do. I just thought I took my title, then that’s how it works. Other than that, the rep was nice and very understanding. And he broke everything down for me to understand.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

When I first got my title loan, I stopped paying them off because my car got totaled. But TitleMax still let me get another loan. The North Broadway St. store in Knoxville, Tennessee is who I go through and they are great people. I was there for an hour and a half. But the longest process was where they had to take pictures of the car, and we had to wait for approval through another company. It helped me when I needed the money. And the reps were very helpful. The payments are a bit high, but they told me they would start going down.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I have been a customer of TitleMax in Las Vegas Nevada Henderson Nevada also for 5 plus years. They have recently changed their lending practices and now pretty much force you to get a bank account from some Bank in Alabama and so you have another bank account and a debit card to withdraw your funds. That is absurd and that is unnecessary. The drama that I had to deal with my last loan was so absurd that I will never borrow again at TitleMax, especially in Las Vegas you have a title you want cash. If they cannot give you cash then they should give you a check or you could run to their bank and cash it. I do not need another bank account. I do not need another debit card. I am so disappointed in this practice that you've lost a good customer.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I wish to bring to your attention the series of events concerning the loan company TitleMax of California. On July 12, 2018 the date that the loan from TM was originated, the employee named Oscar knew two things before anything was assigned or agreed to. One: my Mother was legally blind due to an incorrect cornea implant, which means she could not see at all nor could she drive. Two: She was in severe back pain about to have laminectomy surgery just a few weeks later. The pain was so great that she was in no condition to make any sort of decisions.

Now the reasoning behind the loan at the time is that we were trying to move into a downstairs apartment which ultimately fell through and a decision was made to move to Arizona from California. I do wish to bring to your attention that she tried in vain to renegotiate the terms of her loan (monthly payments), however TitleMax chose not to, which would make it difficult to purchase groceries or eat for that matter. What bothered her was that neither TitleMax nor its employee Oscar notified her of a class-action lawsuit with the state of Ca over not informing its clients of the exorbitant interest rates.

Original review: May 17, 2021

TitleMax gave my husband a loan on our truck of which I am also the owner of. I was unaware. My husband’s work was sporadic due to covid and he was trying to get bills caught up without stressing me out. We had a prior loan with TitleMax on the same vehicle. I was with him the first loan as I am an owner. I asked if I should sign the loan docs. They said no, only one person per doc. We paid the loan off.

That said when my husband went to get the 2nd loan he knew he could get it without me there and he was hoping he could get the bills and loan taken care of and alleviate stress. I just found out because I wanted to sell the truck and he told me about the loan. Now there is a lien on a car I also own. Now they have the title, we owe a huge amount of money with interest and are having to fight it through the BFI and having to get a lawyer as I had no part in the loan and I am the first owner on the title. Today when I called TitleMax they accused my husband of fraud and said if I pursued action he could get into trouble. Yet they gave him the loan under fraudulent terms. After being threatened today I remain committed to fighting this.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I really appreciate Ms. Chantera ** for patiently helping me get the loan that I needed. I didn’t know anything about TitleMax. This was a first time experience. I was nervous about the loan because I have an older model car but she didn’t give up. She got me approved and the right amount I needed. It was greatly appreciated and great customer service!

Original review: March 22, 2021

Don't go there. I just paid my title loan with my debit card and they didn't give my title. They said I have to wait 7 more days for their bank to clear that amount even though my bank already paid them. That's **.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I went to TitleMax in Amarillo, Texas to get money to help with my son's burial expenses. Title Max made me an offer but I found out quickly just how wrong I was to sign those paper.

1st. The loan amt. I signed for and what I actually received was very different.

2nd. The missing money from my loan was split by the staff. The check was cut for 40 dollars short of one thousand.

3rd. I had spoke in length about paying the loan off early would eliminate the finance charges and all the interest. I asked twice. They assured me it was correct. If I pay the loan off before the first payment is was I would not have to pay interest. Well that only applies when you pay off the loan in 24 hr. I am finally debt free from Title Max but the manager Jennifer has started to harass me by sending notices of sale for my car despite the fact everything is paid. Why do you keep sending this stuff.

TitleMax response

We value your feedback with TitleMax and would like to learn more. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I did not receive exactly what I paid for so I am hoping they get back to me with what I was searching for since I paid a large amount. So I am still waiting for my full report that I paid for. I did get a response that they would get back to me so I'm hoping it's soon.

TitleMax Company Information