4.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

2177 TitleMax Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 3, 2019

I got a car title from TitleMax and the rep was very quick and respectful. The process took less than 30 minutes and she was very thorough.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I was driving by TitleMax and they were close, and I got the help that I needed from them. The process was fast and the rep was nice.

Original review: June 3, 2019

TitleMax checked out my information, checked my car out and then they got the process going. They gave me a check the same day. The rep was nice and friendly.

Original review: June 2, 2019

My experience with TitleMax was good. Getting a car title loan from them was good and easy. The process was completed in 20 minutes. I was in and out. And it was good. Also, the TitleMax reps were great.

Original review: June 2, 2019

TitleMax's lending process was pretty fast. They had to see the title, took pictures of the car inside and out and looked at the miles. The whole process took about an hour. Their rep helped me through the process and made sure I understood my payments. I got a car title loan from them and with it, I paid some bills. I tell friends that TitleMax is good and that they explained everything pretty well to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: June 2, 2019

A friend of mine told me about TitleMax and I got a car title loan from them. I was in a situation where I needed some extra money, and it’s a little costly. I have to pay this back in about four months. I don’t know if the fees were right or not. Hopefully, I can work my way out of it really quickly. But it was okay. The rep was pretty good. TitleMax has made me work harder to get that money paid back.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Interest rates at other lenders were higher than at TitleMax. Also, at other places, it took two days to get somebody to respond back to me. TitleMax was right on the process and I got a vehicle loan from them. Well, when I first went there, I had everything. However, they couldn't help me that day due to the fact that I thought I had one more month on the tag for my registration which was my mistake. Still, their reps were awesome and while it was frustrating on my end, it was an amazing experience. They were good people all the way around. Their customer service attitude is amazing and they were very polite. Furthermore, TitleMax's lending processor was right on cue. She was there to answer every question I had. I was quite scared to get a loan and she made the experience more pleasant. She was reassuring that it's okay and that everything will be fine.

Original review: June 1, 2019

TitleMax got me a loan right away and I was able to get caught up on a couple of bills. The manager was also pretty cool about allowing me a couple of days' leniency in paying my loan off because I was in a car accident so I was appreciative of that. The process for the title loan itself went pretty easily and quickly too. I had to bring in my title, ID and references, and it took about 20 minutes. It was very convenient. They had excellent service. The rep was real pleasant and patient. Even the manager came over and assisted the new worker.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I would recommend anybody to TitleMax because they could help people. They have nice people, too. However, I did not know I was gonna pay them much money. I was really disappointed when I paid up. I asked the question to Victor, and he was nice enough to answer it. He said $147 was a charge to the interest, and $17 is just for the principal. It's all interest. I was never told that. It was not his fault, but that was too much money. I’m gonna see if I can work a little extra to make up some extra money and pay up as soon as possible.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I just moved in to a new place and I didn’t have a job for a little bit so I knew I needed some money to have first. I kind of needed something fast. I did look into my bank and talk with them but they said it could take up to at least two weeks for anything to get approved or even to get money into the bank account. So I decided to go with TitleMax and I get it’s the same way as getting a loan. You’re still paying it back. I also read a lot about TitleMax online and I saw better reviews and better customer care.

I brought in the title and did the Georgia license. Then I went in and the process probably took about 15 minutes. It was very quick and the guy was very nice and kind. I felt comfortable with it, as opposed to somebody forcing somebody into doing something. He was also very good about printing everything out for me and explaining what every detail was. He was very detailed and he did a very good job. In fact, the people there were all excellent.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The lending process with TitleMax was very quick. The branch I dealt with was super efficient. I spent maybe 45 minutes up there. The rep was nice. He was very professional and not a real big talker or joker and I am, so that was different. But he was very courteous. After working with TitleMax, I was able to fix my Blazer so that I could make sure I got back and forth to work.

Original review: May 31, 2019

TitleMax's location looks a lot more professional than other lenders. I went with them and gave them the title for my car. Then, they let me borrow money. The people that work there seemed to know what they were doing and they were professional. I didn’t feel like the process was taking forever. Their reps were really good people. We just sat there, talked and laughed. It was a good experience. Even when I went back, they recognized me. Working with TitleMax helped me out as I was able to get the loan. It's good to know there's a place like TitleMax and if I ever run into any other situation like the one I had, they're the first company I'd go to. I was very satisfied.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The loan process at TitleMax was a lot more comfortable than places I’ve been in the past. I didn't feel like all eyes were on me, and the staff was great. When I told the rep what I really wanted, I was kinda being flippant. I asked for less than what I qualified for. But I need to have that number showing so I can keep up when I’m doing. She came back around, and she did exactly that. She told me exactly what it was that I would need to pay each time. And I felt like she actually listened to what I said. The loan gave me the ability to take care of what I needed to real quick. It didn't look like it was gonna be hard to take care of it and pay it back. So far, so good. It was easy and efficient.

Original review: May 31, 2019

TitleMax was the first lender I saw. I got a car title loan and the lending process was efficient. It took 20 minutes. The reps got right to the point so, it was good. They were very professional. TitleMax helped me pay off some bills that I needed to pay and I am very satisfied.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I got a loan from TitleMax because my boyfriend had a good experience with them. At first, they couldn’t give us what we wanted. They needed to make a call to someone on the higher up, and they switched around some things and got me close to the amount I wanted. The process wasn’t that long. As soon as we left, we went and cashed it. It was about 10 minutes after the paperwork. The staff were great as well. TitleMax helped us, that way we could pay bills and stuff.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I still have my obligations to pay and my income is not sufficient to cover those, so I use titles for that purpose. My nephew lives by TitleMax and I live in the area, and I walk over there most of the time. The process was excellent. They reviewed my background and they know what they are doing. I'm satisfied and I recommend it.

Original review: May 30, 2019

The overall lending process at TitleMax was good. It took about 20 minutes, and the rep was professional and quick.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I wanted to work with TitleMax versus other lenders because they were very friendly. They welcomed me and they didn’t give me a hard time. They checked out my car and the mileage on it. The process for the car title loan was easy, simple, and quick. It took about 20 minutes. TitleMax helped out a lot and I was comfortable with the experience. I’d recommend anyone asking to go to TitleMax.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The people in TitleMax are nice, courteous and respectful. They’re good people and I had a good experience with them. The process took about an hour, which was a little longer than I expected and I wish I would have gotten copies of the loan. But I’d probably ask for that when I go and make the payments. Other than that, everything was good. TitleMax helped me out when I needed it so that was good.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Getting a loan from TitleMax took about 30 minutes. Their lending processor was very nice. It was a good experience overall.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Working with TitleMax helped a lot because I was short and I used them in order to pay the rest of my rent off. The process was fairly quick. It took me about an hour to get my car title loan and they were pleasant. It was easy to communicate with them.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I started talking to TitleMax about their lending service and agreed to do something up. They were super cool and chill and they were really friendly. Going through the loan process with them was more like talking to somebody I would know or have a decent conversation with more or less. It made me feel more like I could trust them and they would not try to screw me over and get me into a loan that I wouldn’t wanna be in at all. I had to have my title loans and income and all that. But those were pretty simple to get and the entire process took about 25 minutes.

Original review: May 28, 2019

TitleMax was the first one I talked to, and they seemed very nice. They seemed like very good people. So I decided to go with them. I was very happy with them and I’m glad I chose them.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The process of getting a title loan from TitleMax in the office was one hour. I have to go for my documents that’s why it took longer. The rep I dealt with was very, very nice. But there were some things that I didn’t like, such as the interest. But that's the only thing I don't like.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Working with TitleMax has affected my life for the better. I was trying to move. I was scared and skeptical at first. But everything is wonderful on my end. I know I just have to pay like I'm supposed to and everything will be okay. I decided to go through them because of the reviews and my time there was wonderful. It took about 15 minutes and the rep was awesome. He explained everything to me and I felt comfortable. There also wasn't really too much that you needed. You just have to have everything you need: your title, forms of ID and employment history. They did an excellent job.

Original review: May 28, 2019

TitleMax was the easiest lending provider that would accept me for the type of credit that I had. To qualify, I needed an award letter, personal income, some bank statements and a letter from my bank. Their process was a little lengthy, but it went well. It got the results that I wanted. The rep was very friendly, kind and considerate. I really tried for the loan because I needed some help taking care of some financial things with my car and TitleMax helped me be able to do that. Though I don’t really recommend those type of loans because of the percentage rate and because of how much you have to pay back, I was happy with the experience.

Original review: May 27, 2019

TitleMax is the closest lender to where I lived and the process was easy but the company they go through like to nitpick a lot on the vehicles. We had clear coat coming off on one side and it was a part that I was able to scrape off very easily without ruining the paint. But they dropped our price from $1,000 all the way down to 200 and something because of it. The lending processor was really nice though. She did a fantastic job in trying to get the most out of the vehicles as she can. She also explained things very thoroughly. It was a great experience. TitleMax helped me get into an apartment that my wife and I were struggling to get into. So it helped a lot. In fact, I've also recommended one person who had already gone and gotten a car title loan from them.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I liked TitleMax' hours of operation. They were open later than other lenders and their overall lending process was easy and painless. Bryan, the person I was working with in getting my title loan, really made it a positive experience. It didn't feel like I was in there very long, and I'm an impatient person. It was awesome because Bryan kept me laughing and entertained, so that in and of itself made it a good experience. TitleMax really helped me 'cause I was out of work at the time. It helped me to have just a little bit of money to make ends meet for a little bit.

Original review: May 27, 2019

TitleMax doesn't require a lot for you to get a loan and it’s easy to apply. The process for my car title loan was done in 20 minutes. It went pretty fast. In terms of information, they needed the mileage, pictures, year, make, model and title. They were also professional. They offered me coffee and water, and they explained to me about the loan. I also liked that they have the app where I can keep track of the loan. That was probably the best part of it. I can actually look at the daily rate, that it was increasing, and the payout fee. You can also pay online through an app. The app is pretty convenient. I would recommend TitleMax. I had been a little stressed out because my wife had gotten laid off so I had to pay rents. But when I got the title loan, I was able to relax and not stress about certain things. I was able to pay them off and still have a little bit of money extra. It brought me a little bit of peace of mind.

Original review: May 26, 2019

If you've got the requirements, it’s easy to get a loan at TitleMax. But you need to read the fine print and make sure you can afford to pay it back - all that they’re asking you to pay back in return. I needed a certain loan and there weren’t too many requirements. They were just the title of the car and a month or two of pay stubs but I used bank statements because I don’t get pay stubs. The process took about 30 minutes to an hour and it definitely helped me financially, to take care of what I needed to at the moment. But now, I‘m concerned about hurrying up and paying it back so I won’t have to pay $6,000 on top of the $3,000 I was awarded.

The longer I take, the more money I have to spend, and that wasn’t really made clear to me at the time. They guy didn’t really explain it to me well enough, as far as making the payments back and exactly how much I will be paying. So I did some research and figured it out myself after the fact. My experience with him was business straightforward too. I didn't feel invited.

TitleMax Company Information