4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

1918 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Here is the thing - I didn’t owe TitleMax no money. I had never pawn my title to my Dodge. The old owner had and then got it impounded and they never came and paid to get it out. TitleMax knew this and still didn’t come get it so a court order to sell was given by the court. TitleMax failed to do the paperwork and two year after I bought registered and title the car they came stole my car, damaged it, and stole the items out of it and then said, "Too bad." When I demanded they pay for my car and stuff stolen they said it’s not their problem. I’m the victim. I didn’t owe no money on my car. I didn’t do nothing wrong and now I’m the one that has no car. How is that right?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Their interest rates are around 200 percent. I borrow 250.00 and pay on it six months until I pay it off yesterday. How Consumer Affairs could give them a 5 star review is crazy. They need to be shut down stealing from the poor and taken advantage of the seniors. 250 dollar loan would have cost me over 1500.00 dollars if I went the full term then they lie to me and their manager is from the pits of hell.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

They're scammers. They charge you a high interest rate so you can’t pay off your bill. I’ve paid 300 off a 500 loan and they say my balance is still 500. Complete scam. Please people don’t go to TitleMax. They will take all your money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband and I had taken out a loan back in February 2018 for $2600.00 and missed a payment back in November 2018. The car was repossessed on 12/21/18 right as my husband had discussed with the Fontana office that he was making a payment that same day. On Monday, Christmas Eve my husband paid the total balance, plus the repossession fees of $360. He was told he needed an appointment to get the car out and he couldn't get the car until Thursday 12/27/18. He went to Paramount Recovery, who repossessed the car and they said that TitleMax never sent them the release and we also need a release from the Police Station, which TitleMax never told us. He got the release from the police, paid them a fee and still couldn't get the car until he made an appointment.

So he went to finally get the car today 12/27/18 and paid another fee to the Recovery unit. My husband was told that TitleMax sent Paramount Recovery a message for the car to be sold at Auction on Monday instead of sending the release once the payments have been made. All the fluid have been drained from our car!! The gas, the oil, and coolant have all been drained and now we need all the fluids just to drive the car away!! This place needs to be taken down! We have already paid $3230 plus the additional repossession fees and TitleMax says we owe more than the principal loan.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

We had a lender who wouldn’t give us an increase and when we went over to TitleMax, we were given the increase. When I first got there, it was late in the evening, and since they had to buy up the other loan, it took a day because the other place was closed. They had to go pay them out before they loaned us the funds. They were very helpful and thorough. They explained what was needed to be done and both representatives were very friendly. We went there to get some help and they had been able to buy out the other loan and lend us a little more. With the car title loan, we were able to pay the rent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I'm working on my house and I got a loan from TitleMax. I went in and asked about the process and they told me. The process was quick and easy. The reps seemed to know what they were talking about. They were helpful, too. I would definitely use TitleMax again if I needed it. I'd also tell friends to give them a try if they need help.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

When I initially googled and TitleMax popped up, I was really iffy about it but the girls were great. There was no point in me going somewhere else. The girls could actually carry a conversation and it was really nice. I liked it. They welcomed me and my daughter. They asked how my day was and what we were gonna do over the holidays. It wasn’t a long boring process where they didn’t have any conversation. They also explained everything while they did everything, step-by-step, and the process took 45 minutes. It was quick. I also told one of the girls that I was looking for a job and that customer service was my thing. And she even offered if there was anything open then I could give them a call. That was something she didn’t have to do. It was good working with TitleMax.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

When I was trying to get some quotes on the vehicle and a little insight on how things worked, and TitleMax had the best customer service out of all of the companies. That was why I chose to go there for the car title loan and the process was quick and easy. It took no longer than 30 minutes and they didn’t really hassle me about my income. I know I’ll be able to pay my loan back and I didn’t really have to do anything but fill out paperwork. The paperwork really wasn’t much either and it was self-explanatory. The person I worked with was also very professional. She was friendly and very helpful with the description of everything.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Getting a title loan from TitleMax was quick and painless. Once I went in, the people were very courteous. Also, the loan rep was very knowledgeable and friendly. The process took half an hour. They asked for my title, the registration, and they had to see the vehicle to appraise it. I would tell my friends that if they will be in a financial crunch, TitleMax is a place they need to go to.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I needed some money and TitleMax was the first thing that came to mind. Their process was simple. I went on their website and called in to get more information. I applied and I got a callback. They scheduled me and told me to go in, and they told me everything that I needed - how everything works, how I should pay back and how long. I know everything about the whole process before I walked out of the store. I walked in there the next day and 20 minutes later, I got what I needed, they cut me a type of check. Everything was great. I’m looking forward to pay back and get my title back, but other than that, we’re good. I could see myself using them in the future if I'd need it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

TitleMax was convenient for me. It was just nearby where I work. I was expecting to be involved with a whole lot of paperwork, but their process was easy and fast. Their reps went to detail based on what I was getting. They were very helpful and very nice. They asked me for my title and my ID, and they made the process seem simple. However, I went and asked them for 4,000 and for some reason they only allowed me 3,600. The manager said, “I don’t know why they’ve been so hard right now, but you should have qualified over a little over 4,000 if you requested it.”

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

The car title loan took me about two hours in the TitleMax office. I went there since I had a little bit of collateral, which was my car, and TitleMax's rate was low. I don’t think I’ll do it again, not if I can help it, but they were very helpful. The rep I dealt with had to multitask and she did a good job with it. She did what she needed to do. She explained things very thoroughly. She told me what I could do to make it easier transition-wise and she explained the daily rate.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Was great at first. Late pay. Repoed car. Made payoff before deadline $1800. They lost my keys, title, property, destroyed plates& reg. Car had been damaged, stripped of parts. Hit by forklift. $1600 in damages. That all happened at the Auto Auction in Grand Prairie. Repo driver threw my dog out of car in Walmart park lot. Now they won’t take calls. My car is junk, doesn’t run. Pursuing lawsuit.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

TitleMax's lending process was great and their customer service was good. It was the best experience I was ever offered. I got a car title loan from them and the process was worry-free. I’ll recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The car title loan was something I really didn’t want to do in a normal situation. We’re retired and back then, we needed some stuff done quick. I needed something quick and with TitleMax, it was quick and easy really. It took 30 to 45 minutes and the process went fairly well. The customer service was a-okay as well.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

TitleMax's reps treated me good. I got a title loan on my pick-up truck and the process was good and easy. It was completed in 35 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had a good experience with TitleMax. I got a car title loan from them and the lending process went great. It only took 30 minutes tops to complete it. The rep who helped me was great. In fact, all three employees in Elk City were very good, very nice and very professional. TitleMax helped me out real good.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

With TitleMax, I was able to get the money that I needed. We were in a position, and it helped out a lot. The rep was very helpful and she took her time to make sure that I was able to get the amount that I wanted. She was really polite.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The person I worked with at TitleMax was nice. TitleMax's lending process was fast. It took about 20-30 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I would recommend TitleMax. I needed money then and the TitleMax across the street from my job was right there. So, I went through them. Plus, my mom had a good experience with them. I went in, the rep evaluated my car, looked at my title and then she sent in pictures to see how much I could get approved for. She was very nice. I was on my lunch break and she was very apologetic when she thought they were taking too long, even though it only took like 45 minutes to get approved. She was also very knowledgeable about the process. The TitleMax in Milan is awesome.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

From the time they found out I was paying my loan off service went downhill fast. I was lied to and told that they had not received pay off check until I called to complain and lo and behold the next morning it was posted as soon as they opened. It has not been a week and I have not received my overage check. I was told by 2 employees that they personally mailed it last Friday but yet when I call Tuesday I was told I would have it by Wednesday then Wednesday I was told I would have it by Friday. Both employees lied and claimed they called me. Funny when my payment was due they called the very day it was due. The higher up they pasted me over to was no better on the day the postal service was closed for President Bush’s funeral. He sat on the phone and told me that they had just gotten their mail at the office and the mail must be running late. They cannot get their story straight!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The process of doing a title pawn with TitleMax wasn’t too tedious or long. It took about 20 to 30 minutes, and my interaction with them was nice, friendly, expedient and efficient. It was good.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

First time getting a title loan. Joe made the transaction seamless. All I needed was the title and my id. The process took less than 30 minutes. Will definitely use this branch again if needed. Thank you for your excellent customer service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

TitleMax's lending process was quick and easy which took about 20 minutes. TitleMax wasn't able to get me out of a jam but they helped and the rep that helped me was all right.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

TitleMax helped me out financially. I’ve used them before and they were good. I used them again and my experience was perfect. The process of getting a loan was not even 30 minutes and I had a good interaction with their rep. Try TitleMax out.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I heard about TitleMax both from family members and from commercials, and I heard that they are a really reliable place to talk to. Working with them was a really good help for me. I got a car title loan and the process was very quick. It took about 15 minutes. I came in, sat down and filled out paperwork. They gave me a good price and set up a payment plan. Then it was good to go. It was a really good experience overall. They were really friendly and very informative of what was going on and about the certain amounts that I was able to obtain.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I really appreciated the help I got from TitleMax. They were very informative and quick to help. The process of getting a title loan was very quick and easy. From start to finish, it was completed in about 20 minutes. The rep I dealt with was exceptionally kind, talkative, and very friendly. Working with TitleMax made it a lot easier to afford things. I would definitely recommend it especially for people who are in a pinch.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I felt that TitleMax was a good option for me. I got a car title loan and the process took one day. It was so long for me. But working with TitleMax made a very good impact in my life. I needed money for something with my lawyer, and I paid that. Also, the person who helped me was very patient. The problem for the wait for the loan was the system. So, she tried to make the things go well, and she did everything okay. She was very good with me. It was a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I’ve used TitleMax quite a few times and my experience with them has been good. I went in there and applied for a title loan and the process took about 25 to 30 minutes. Working with TitleMax has been okay, and I've had good interactions with their reps.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

It was convenient to go to TitleMax since it was right by wife's work. It was also quick and easy to get a title loan for a truck from them. It only took about 15 minutes to complete the whole process. Aside from being very friendly and knowledgeable, their staff didn’t seem to be trying to hide anything and knew everything there was about things before we committed to it. It was a great experience and I’ll definitely use them again once this one is paid off.

TitleMax Company Information