4.7/5 (478 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I was supposed to get 2,000, but I was only eligible for 350 on my vehicle. But the guy that did the contract for me was very professional. And I received the money before I walked out the door. If you need money now, go to TitleMax.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I went with TitleMax because they don't require as much of information for your life as the rest of them do. I did a car loan. I was in and out in 15 minutes. The rep was very friendly. He had to do a lot of computer work, but he stayed talking to us about different things and not just what we were in there for. He inspected the vehicle. He backed it up, looked at all around it, opened all the doors, and looked at my odometer. He inspected it well. TitleMax helped me get through a little struggle that I had. I'm just now getting back on my feet from losing a job, so it helped me a lot.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

The whole process took about three hours just because I didn't know what to do. But they helped me figure out what was the best plan for me. I was kind of iffy about doing it or not, but they got me to do it. They helped me out a lot. The down part of the title loan is that if I pay off the whole thing, I'm still gonna have to wait for eight months for the DMV.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

The application process took only a few minutes. I was real happy. I felt like I've known the rep for 20 years. The communication was fantastic.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

They have an app that I logged on to. Then I put in how much I needed, what I do, took pictures of my car, and then I got a loan. I got told how much I have to pay and when I have to pay. Then they wired the money to my account.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

It was a good experience, but the girl there didn't have the $50 gift card referral thing. She said the one she had weren't recent, so I don't know what that story was. But it was a good process. It just took a little bit longer than I wished.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I talked to a nice young lady at TitleMax and we went through the process. We verified whatever I had to verify and it didn't take that long. Everything was cool.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

When I applied for a loan with TitleMax, it took 30 to 45 minutes and the communication was great. The gentleman that helped me kept me updated with everything and the rates I got were good.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

I got a title loan from TitleMax and was easy-breezy. They were good people to work with and the application process was simple. I had to have my ID and my title. But I ended up having to get my marriage license too because my title was in my maiden name. The rep I worked with very professional and nice. The whole process took 30 to 45 minutes at the most and the loan helped me to get moved.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

The lady that helped me during application was nice and knowledgeable. It was smooth. I came and I had messed up. So when I got my stuff right on the second day when I went back, it took 20 minutes.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

TitleMax is good. I went to the one in Plano. The girl there was helpful. She knew her stuff and was quick. If you're in a jam and need cash and your car is paid off, Titlemax would be a good option as long as you can pay the loan back quickly.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I went with TitleMax because they’re well known. Their customer service was excellent. It went well. But it took a while because I had my mother's name on my title as well so she had to sign off on it. It took an hour. But it’s okay. I tried to get a bit more but they didn't allow it. But they put me right at the amount that I needed. I was satisfied with what I got. It’s fair.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

My experience with them was good. But the rep had trouble with the computer so the process took an hour. Other than that, she was really nice. She did the best she could do. She inspected the vehicle and took pictures of everything. She took the cover off the seats to inspect that.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, JW!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

The lending process of TitleMax on a car title loan was excellent. The rep was very informative and professional and a good listener. Her name was Claudia. Finding TitleMax was a blessing because their process wasn't complicated.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Kristine! We are glad you had a pleasant experience at TitleMax.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

TitleMax helped me out very much. They were considerate. They were determined to help me get the loan that I needed, offered me different options, and broke down the payment arrangement. I had to bring my paycheck stub, my ID, my title, and my vehicle. I would recommend others to go to TitleMax if they need a title loan.

TitleMax response

We are glad we could help, Cosby! Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

The lending process with TitleMax took two hours, and the loan officer was great. I'm very satisfied.

Thanks, Linda!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

The people from TitleMax were polite and helpful on the phone. I spoke with the general manager, Rita, and she assisted me step-by-step throughout the whole process and answered all the questions that I did have. I have no problem with working with TitleMax again.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Mia! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The overall lending process with TitleMax was very convenient and easy. Their rep was very pleasant to talk to and she has a very good attitude. She has good customer service.

Thanks, Kimberly!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

The TitleMax rep was excellent. I like the friendliness and the attitude that the lady that was taking care of my problem had.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Ruby!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

The rep I worked with was cool, committed and attentive. The process took about three hours.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Christopher!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The process was great. It took 30 minutes. Working with them helped me with stress.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Cedric! We are glad we could help.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I didn't get what I thought I would or anywhere close to what they quoted on the free information. But other than that, it was an easy process. My rep was professional and made sure I understood the process. He asked for help when he didn't understand something about it and he was helpful. Working with them was able to get me some extra funds when I needed it.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Adrian.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

On July 19th 2021 I needed some money to pay for auto repairs on my truck. I went into Title Max, located in Statesboro GA, to Pawn my title to my truck. Mind you the workers were very friendly and eager to help me out. They somewhat explained the agreement. The loan was for the amount of $2,769.94. The worker advised me after making all my payments, with interest included, that it would be a total of $3,212.85. That amount is also stated in my agreement. I have been making the minimum payments a month. Since 7/19 2021 to today's date, 9/24/2022, I have paid over $3,628.87. Well over the so called "final amount" to be paid.

I called the TitleMax store in my city and talked to a rep. She basically told me that when I made the minimum payment that I was restarting my agreement and getting charged another interest fee. The rep also told me that the minimum payment goes to the interest only not the principal and that I would have to pay more than the minimum due for it to go towards the principal. Never in my life have I ever heard such a thing. I am now stuck paying of $6,000 for a $2769.94 loan. TitleMax is a SCAM and taking advantage of people at a time in need. Also if I had known my APR was 194.54% I would have not taken the loan. The rep at the time of signing failed to mention my APR and hurried to turn the page with the APR on it. I will be looking into getting a lawyer to see if I have a case to go after TitleMax. TitleMax should be shut down or looked into how they practice...

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Michael. At TitleMax we are always trying to improve and learn from past experiences. We would like to learn more about your recent visit. Please feel free to reach out to us at 1 (800) 804-5368 so that we can get more details about your situation. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

The rep was really nice. She explained everything to me. She was really good.

Thanks, Laura!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The process was very straightforward and pretty quick. They talked me through all the different per se traps. Overall, I was pretty pleased with it. There were a few people there before me so I waited for about 15 minutes. Then the actual loan process took about 30 minutes after they approved everything. I qualified for substantially more than what I originally wanted. But I didn't take out the entire amount. If you're in a bind and you need help, TitleMax is there for you.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Nicholas!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

When I went through the door, I got a warm welcome and that was why I decided to go with TitleMax. The young lady that I worked with and my whole application process was lovely. I absolutely enjoyed it. The customer service was great. The process took about 20 minutes, and it was mainly waiting on the approval if it took that long. So it was an acceptable amount of time that I waited.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Corene! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

The process was good except for the fact that they underpriced my car. Their representative was good. She was easy to work with.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, David. It is our goal to do all we can to help customers get the cash they need. The amount you're approved for is determined based on a number of underwriting factors and any state or local requirements. When you apply, we do our best to get you the amount you need, while still adhering to such parameters and requirements. If you have specific questions about the amount you were approved for, please reach out to your local TitleMax store, or you can contact our customer service team at 1 (800) 804-5368.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The girl that was helping us must have been new to the office. But she answered every one of our questions without any problems whatsoever, and she was very patient and kind. The other young lady that was in the office wasn't very nice to the girl that was helping us. It seemed like every time the girl was trying to help us and was answering our questions, the other girl was constantly contradicting her. But the girl that was helping us did really well. She knew what she was talking about. It was just the other girl that was in the office that was kind of annoying. The whole process went well. We were in there for about 20 minutes.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Bobbi.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The lady was awesome and very polite.

Thanks, Carlos!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

The process was quick, simple, and basic. Everything was upfront. They told me what it was gonna be. The rep didn’t try to sell me something I didn’t want. I would definitely use them again once I get this loan paid off.

Thanks, Russell!