Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

TitleMax Video

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: April 8, 2020

I called the location where I obtained a car loan. My question to the store manager was, "Can I make a payment 12 days past the due date without any penalties?" His rude ** stated that this company do not offer any extension of any kind. I have paid these people faithly for 18 mos. I would be paying this loan out soon. This company don't need to be in business. There needs to be better laws in place for companies that has all the intention of ripping off people.

TitleMax response

We encourage you to reach back out to your store and maintain an open line of communication with us so we can better assist you.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Titlemax wasn’t clear in regards To their contract. My mother passed. Needed a small loan of 600. Went to Titlemax. They insisted I had to take 2500 minimum. FACTS: Loan Lies Sexual assault, Repo Harassment, Duress, Mental anguish, Mental Physical Crippling, Homeless.

TitleMax response

We value your feedback with TitleMax and would like to learn more. Please note that there are state-mandated regulations and loan amount minimums in every state. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368 so we can work through your individual needs. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I will make this short as possible. 3/19/2019 I went to TitleMax to get a loan for $600But was told I could only get a loan for $2500 nothing less because that’s with the state law prohibited. I was grief stricken from my mom just passing away wanting to just pay off a few small bills so I just signed whatever they told me to Not realizing the severity and risk and harm this is all cost me the payments more than I could afford. They had a copy of my income. The payments were more. Long story short that following June I became homeless living in my car. 1/7/2020 car repo/sexually assaulted by tow driver. I paid $1,355.27 to get back. I have and still suffering psychological physical harm.

Original review: March 20, 2020

My spouse had to self quarantine from work due to potentially being exposed to the covid19 and that was extended after she showed symptoms. I called the Fort Oglethorpe location to check if I could get an extension or assistance since we have no money, and I was given an indifferent, uncaring response of "There's nothing we can do. You basically should just pay it because interest builds up on late fees. If you want, come visit us."

I CAN'T visit when I'm in quarantine! I ended the call and just had to compose myself from crying. We pay 384 every month in interest alone, which is okay, but it's not like we expected to be out of work due to a pandemic. A little compassion goes a long way. Title Loan has already pocketed a hefty profit from me. I hope that sits well on their conscience.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback! We are committed to supporting our customers during this challenging time and appreciate your patience while we try to accommodate as many customers as we can on an individual basis. At this time we are not charging late fees in most states and have stopped involuntary collateral recoveries for the foreseeable future. You can read more about our continuing efforts here: https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks/covid-19-coronavirus-update-protecting-our-team-members-and-customers-2/. Please continue to reach out to your local store and talk to us so that we can assist you further. We appreciate your business.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I walked into Title Loan and I was greeted by Macy. She explained everything to me so that I had a full understanding of the process. Macy is experienced and she answered all of my questions. I asked about what happens in case of death, and she explained their policy. Thanks again Macy.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Hello Consumer Affairs, I just want to give a detail of Titlemax loan company. They are not who they say they are? I had been talking to a representative all week, she then told me what documents I needed to bring in? I then called her back not knowing she was just tricking me. And fully was NOT going to in any way form or fashion give me and anyone else that day a loan. I did not play with her, I filled the application outright, told the truth of the information she wanted and I also was very nice to her. She never looked at me. She did not smile, and rather she had set me over in a corner for about 25 minutes, knowing full well she was NOT about to give me a loan of no kind. I told her that my credit may have small blemishes and that I am working on it as well.

She told me over the phone and in person. No credit was allowed or checked in the application process. But when it was denied. She had checked both credit bureaus, and then she also called all of my references while I was sitting there and I told her not to do that? Only if I do not pay. I got an email from her stating I was approved if I could quote the code. She got angry at me, and said, "Since you do not have your phone with you, I am declining your loan." I kindly told her to give me back my voided check, and good bye. She never gave me the check and she locked the door so I could not get out unless I asked her to open it.

It was not a good experience and wish they would not lie to the customer to get you in the building and find out how much money you got in your bank account as well. Had I knew of this matter, I never would have come to that place in the beginning because neither one of the clerks were nice. All they want is your personal information and do not have any idea of ever giving you a loan. That is not good, and that is why I am writing you all to let you know to stay away from these people. I will also write to the district attorney office and let her know of this bad actions and lies they tell us, to get the people in the building. I asked her to do it over and she said no.

Well if you knew the credit report was not good, why could you have told us over the phone and not have us drive all the that place and know that you will turn us down. That is bad business all the way? I hope congress shut you all down for good, and you not do this to anyone else. You could have let the loan went on because I only asked for a small amount from the loan. There was no need for a big loan. Checking credit accounts was not the issue. The whole company is. You all are big liars and use people for their information to toot your horn and show you are in business and do not do anything but rob people of the hard earned cash.

Yes I agree go out of business, and before you do, change the way you serve the customer because you are not helping anyone anyway. My friend only borrowed 1000.00 from you all and he is now paying $3,999.00. Back. Lie on top of lies. You know that is highway robbery. I hope The Commercial Appeal

see this and put a padlock on your door. For tax evasion and embezzlement charges too. You are not helping no one. Liars.

TitleMax response

Pamela, thank you for reaching out about your recent experience. We value your feedback with TitleMax and would like to learn more. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I am pleased with Chad ** on his help and knowledge toward help my needs! I would highly recommend him to everyone. I had so many questions about different loans and he was able to answer each and every one of my questions that day! Thanks again Chad **!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

7 months ago I borrowed 5k on my truck. My payments are $800/month. To date I've paid back $5600. I've only satisfied $87 of the original $5,000 loan. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. This is the kind of stuff they won't tell you when the contract agreement is being drawn up. This type of business should be illegal. Oh yea, I forgot to mention one important thing. If you are 1 day late on a payment, (I'm not making this up. It happened to me.) your payment doubles.

I went from a $800 payment that month to a $1570 payment that month. Also I might add, they automatically throw your loan into default. At that moment they can and have all legal right (due to the contract) to come repo your car and sell it. Then you still owe the loan amount. DON'T FALL FOR THIS KIND OF SCAM. I WILL EVENTUALLY END UP PAYING BACK AROUND $38,000 ON A $5,000 LOAN.

TitleMax response

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

2nd review: Today I called Instaloan to confirm payment for a title loan I took out. When I called I was shocked to find out, important payment information was left out, when applying for a loan. My loan information was explained to me was I would pay in the interest $450 + on my loans first payment & after I pay each month I can start to pay towards my loan of $2,500. Not once did my rep explain to me I had to pay $375 interest each month that does not apply to my loan. So on top of making payments towards 2,500 I'm charge an additional $375. That was never explained to me. I will be on contact with corporate. They have the title to my Mercedes CLA250. I needed extra money so it seemed like the right thing to do. It's unfortunate that people can try and take advantage of other people when they are in need. (PLEASE IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF EXTRA CASH PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS EXPLAINED.)

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for reaching out about your recent experience. We value your feedback from your most recent experience with InstaLoan and would like to learn more. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at (855) 869-3462. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

They offer a quote online to give the customer a fairly close estimate of their car loan value, but when you go through the whole process you will find out that bottom line, they pull your credit so basically you are borrowing on your credit and throwing a car title in there more as a freebie for them to gain on if you don't make your payments. The actual blue book value of my car is $4,500, so with them only loaning me $700, if I default they get a really sweet car out of it and only losing $700.

The loan process when I got all the paperwork together took a whooping 4 hours to complete!!!! It's not until you set through all of the processes and finally get to the end of the 4 hours that you hear what they are offering. They said my credit pulled at 200. There is no way this is factual. I checked all three and although because of law school they are lower than they should be, my scores as of an hour after I left there was, 610/602/617. I don't know if this will ask me, but I want them to make right on the loan and give me the almost $2500 the internet brought me to them over. They are not a member of the BBB and the BBB has them mixed up in lawsuits all over the country for stuff just like this. I just want my loan that was offered that brought me in there in the first place.

TitleMax Company Information