4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. We strive to provide a superior level of customer service as we help thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan.

With thousands of convenient locations, TitleMax is here to help you obtain your next car or motorcycle title loan. Contact us today to learn more about us and what we can do for you!

TitleMax Video
View More View More

1996 TitleMax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was a returning TitleMax customer. It's their location and the convenience that made me choose them over a different lender. This time, they were having computer problems and it took at least an hour and a half to finish the process. But, my interactions with their lending processor was fine throughout that time and they were professional.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Going with TitleMax seemed like the easiest route to go. I got a car title loan and the process was easy. All I had to do is go in, show them the title of the car, sign some papers and I was done. It took 45 minutes, and it was great. I loved the rep I worked with. She was awesome and she told me everything that she was doing. I had a good experience with TitleMax and the loan I got from them helped me pay some bills that I needed to get paid.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I needed some more equipment for my business, and I got a car title loan from TitleMax. I almost did everything online and the process took 30 minutes and it was easy. They required some identification and proof of ownership. And I felt comfortable talking to the lending processor because of his communication.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

TitleMax was recommended to me. I got a car title loan from them and it was fine. I just showed some ID, filled out some forms and gave them the title. Their rep was awesome. She was very polite, kind and patient. She was a very good listener. Others should go here.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I went online and got a title loan from TitleMax. Their rep sent me a chart which was easy and broken down. He provided good customer service and explained everything to make sure I could comprehend. I got approved in ten minutes and everything was cool. Working with them has been really helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I've done a little bit of research on TitleMax and decided to get a small title loan. Everybody was great. The process was easy, in and out. The rep was excellent. She followed me to the bank and cashed the check. TitleMax got me what I needed for short term until I can pay it off. I would recommend TitleMax.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I got a good motorcycle loan from TitleMax. The process was pretty easy and their rep did a great job. She was very professional.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I would recommend TitleMax to people. Getting a car title loan from them took 35 minutes. It was quick and easy. The loan helped me out.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

A friend previously had a loan through TitleMax and he said that they were good and fair, and they were. The lending process was pretty easy, but it took a while for everything to be completed. They gave me quite a good price for the value of the vehicle and they said that it was gonna be a re-payment. But by the time we were done, it was little more than we anticipated. Other than their pricing, everything else is great. Their customer service was top-shelf. And the lending processors went the extra mile and they were great to work with.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I got a line of credit from TitleMax. The lending process was good and everything took about an hour to complete. Their loan processor gave me a lot of information and was very nice.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The lending process at TitleMax just took half an hour and the rep was very professional. TitleMax has been convenient and has provided us a little bit of relief.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I liked where TitleMax was located, so I decided to get a loan on my vehicle from them. Applying for it was the easiest thing I've ever done. They came out, took a look at the car, and made a phone call. Then I walked out of there with a check which was a lot quicker than I thought it would even happen. The whole thing took 15 minutes to finish and the rep who assisted me was very professional. TitleMax is a great service and getting a loan from them is not a long-term fix, but it definitely is for what it's for. Working with them was painless and there was no judgement, so I appreciated it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I drive by TitleMax all the time. Since they seemed more reputable than other lenders, I went with them and the experience was positive. The lending process was very simple. It took about 20 minutes. Also, the people were very informative and nice, and they made sure I understood everything.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When I got a car title loan from TitleMax, the lending process took an hour. The reps were pleasurable people and the person who helped me was awesome. He made sure I understood what was going on before I left. It was a pleasurable experience with TitleMax and it was everything I needed. As far as customer satisfaction, the people did a good job but the charge should be a lot less.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was online and it sparked my interest that TitleMax looked like it was the best qualified and had the best rating on Google. They loaned me some money with the title of my car. I needed the money to be able to pay for my girl’s storage so that she didn't lose her personal belongings that she wanted dearly. So, they helped me out tremendously. The lending process took 30 minutes and the rep was nice. People should make sure that they use TitleMax for a good reason.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I had to pay the bill and when I didn't have the money, I applied for a title loan with TitleMax and they helped me. They were more accessible to use than other lenders, so I chose to go with them. Their process was pretty easy. I just opened my title and proof of purchase, then everything was done in 30 minutes. Also, the rep I worked with was great and straight to the point.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I heard about TitleMax from my wife and we decided to get a truck title loan from them. The lending process went great and Whitney, the lady who helped us, was nice. It took an hour to be competed and it took that long because they were having a hard time printing the check. It had something to do with the server but they handled it nicely and did a good job.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Getting a loan from TitleMax was pretty quick. They just got some basic information and evaluated the car, and we were out of there by an hour. The rep who helped us was really good, too. He was on task with us the whole time. If we need a loan in the future, we'll go back to them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

TitleMax was reputable and I heard about them from a referral. I got a car title loan and I had a very easy, comfortable and efficient experience with the rep. Dominic was great, very personable and caring. He asked the questions that was necessary in order to accommodate what was best for myself. Everything was great with TitleMax and they got me out of a hard spot. I’m completely satisfied and I would recommend this to other people.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The lending process with TitleMax went smoothly when I got a car title loan from them. It took 20 minutes for it to be completed and the interaction with the rep was very pleasant. This was my first time with TitleMax and I understood the payment structure to make payments, the interest and fees, then the principal was separate. So, it was good working with them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

TitleMax had an easier process than other lenders and I had a good experience when I got a car title loan. The rep made the lending process very fast. She was very thorough with concerns and I wasn’t in there very long. This is my first time and I was impressed with her professionalism. I was very pleased with my service, which was great and the person that was right there for me.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I knew about TitleMax online and I got a car title loan with them. It took 30 minutes and the rep was personable, asked questions and explained things. The interaction was great and we felt fine with the process.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I got a loan through TitleMax before and their process was quick. Plus, I didn't have any problems in getting my loan and paying it back. So, I went with them again. This time, I got a car title loan and my experience with their rep was great. When I got there, I was the first one, then there two other customers that came in. So, she was busy and multitasking me and the other customers. But she was doing a good job. Also, the process this time was faster than the last time. And I like how you can go online and check your loan's status. My loan helped me pay a couple of things I needed to pay right then and I would tell somebody to go to TitleMax.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I liked the ratings of TitleMax and I got a car title loan from them. The lending process was excellent and it took 25 minutes to be completed. The girls were wonderful, very knowledgeable and helpful. They made the process easy. TitleMax helped me a great deal.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My fiancee's brother told me about TitleMax and I got a car title loan from them. The lending process was good and took 30 minutes to complete. The rep who helped me did fine and it was great working with TitleMax. It was a good experience. I got pretty much what I asked for and close to the amount.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

It was my first time to use TitleMax and the experience was very confidential and friendly. I got a car title loan and the rep was very nice. The people said hello and welcomed me. The lending process took one hour and a half to be completed. I asked many questions and whatever I asked, the rep answered. I asked for the interest, when the full payment is and the pay every month. I had a good answers.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I used TitleMax back in 2013 and because they were familiar, I went back and got a car title loan from them. The lending process was fairly simple but the rep wasn’t good. I wasn’t thrilled with it at all. At first, she seemed very exasperated with us and then towards the end, she started getting more friendly. Once the loan was approved and she had the check, she made me go to Google and leave a 5-star review before she would allow me to have it. I didn’t wanna do that and I tried not to do it. I felt like I was backed into a corner and I didn’t have a choice. It was either that or I don’t get the check. She gave it to me when she could see my review which had my name on it. I still feel yucky about it especially since she wasn’t even a very pleasant person to begin with. It felt bad and I’m very dissatisfied. If I leave a review, it’s because I want to, not because I’m pressured to or I have to and forced to.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I needed to get caught up on some bills. I got approved for a loan from TitleMax and that was a blessing. The process was amazing and the dealings were really nice. They were also very friendly and professional. I would definitely refer people to TitleMax.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Everything was okay with my experience with TitleMax. It went well. The lending process was good and it was very easy. The whole process took only 40 minutes. The rep just explained to me how the contract works. I could get my car back, but I had already known ‘cause I always have done my title with TitleMax.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My wife and I had a loan with TitleMax about 10 years ago. We used them again and it was quick and easy. The people there were really nice and the staff I had was a sweetheart. She had a little problem with whoever she was dealing with over the computer, though. It kept saying my truck had some damage yet my truck didn't have a lick of damage to it. It was bird poop on the hood. She had to call them and let them know that it was not damaged. But other than that, the lending process went great.

TitleMax Company Information