4.7/5 (470 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

If you need something right away, you got to do what you got to do and working with TitleMax helped me out at a moment of need. In reality, I got to pay back double, but the reps I transacted with were very helpful, intelligent and professional. If my friends were thinking of using them, I would tell them to go ahead.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

They were pretty straightforward on the information that I needed. They were pretty cool. The process was cool but the payback sucks.

TitleMax response

Hi Terrence. We appreciate your feedback. At TitleMax we are always trying to improve and learn from past experiences. We would like to learn more about your recent visit. Please feel free to reach out to us at 1 (800) 804-5368 so that we can get more details about your situation. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I was on a lunch break and they helped me out quickly. They turned me around and out the door in 10 minutes, and within five minutes of walking out the store, I already had gotten a call back with a determination. So it was really quick, simple, and easy. The ladies in the office were amazing. They were very informative, helpful, quick and efficient. These ladies did a great job. Their customer service was spectacular, and it was not just with me, but it was with everyone that was in and out of that office.

Thanks, De Ann!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The lady was nice and courteous. The process was good, quick and easy. I brought the title of the vehicle and my driver’s license. They took pictures of the vehicle and asked what I thought it was worth. They gave me a quote but I only got a portion of it. But everything went smoothly. Working with TitleMax helped me out of a tight situation and they were nice to work with. I worked with other title places and didn’t like it.

Thanks, Charles!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The reps were pretty kind. TitleMax wrote a check for $22, and all I had to pay was $18. The check place didn't want to take extra money out of the check, have extra $4 out of his check. So they asked me, do I have $18? So I had $18, and so I gave them that. Then I took the check back to TitleMax. So they actually owe me $22. Also, I didn't know that they actually charge the $400 in the first month that I supposed to pay every month. They haven't talked to me about that part.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Anthony.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

My experience with TitleMax was great. It was very helpful. They made sure I understood everything. They made sure I knew that the minimum payment does not go towards my balance. But it's expensive for someone to have to pay it back within 30 days. I didn't know that before. So, I'm glad that they explained everything to me. It will be better if they would give me a minimum of two months to pay it off versus just 30 days. At least 90 will probably be better versus me getting the money, then I turn back around. But they were very helpful, understanding and patient. Customer service is great. They did everything for me. I stayed inside the whole time. They did step by step for me, took all the pictures for me. It just took about 30 minutes. It was a quick and easy process.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Charity. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The experience with TitleMax was smooth and easy. During the application process, they took all my information down as well the information for the pickup, took pictures of it, submitted it to their review and it was done. It was about a half hour process. The rate was a bit pricey but nothing that I was surprised by. Personally, I was satisfied with TitleMax. It was exactly what I expected. It was a much quicker process than I expected and I had no problems with it. But I would never recommend it to somebody who's just down on their luck and needing the short-term loaner thing because if they're in that position, they're going to end up losing their vehicle, and then they're going to be in a worse position.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Ricardo.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The first representative that I dealt with was kind of unprofessional. But the second one was more professional. I went to TitleMax on my lunch break. I have an hour for lunch break. But it was taking a little bit too long, so I had to go back again the next day. They had a little bit of the information, but not everything. So I had to give them a little bit more of the info again. But the whole process didn't take more than an hour.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, John!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I should have gotten a bit more than TitleMax offered. But I was okay with it. They got me some more when I needed it. Go with them.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Benjamin. It is our goal to do all we can to help customers get the cash they need. The amount you're approved for is determined based on a number of underwriting factors and any state or local requirements. When you apply, we do our best to get you the amount you need, while still adhering to such parameters and requirements. If you have specific questions about the amount you were approved for, please reach out to your local TitleMax store, or you can contact our customer service team at 1 (800) 804-5368.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The process with TitleMax was very helpful and it was close to an hour that I got done with everything. I had a very good experience with the reps. They were polite and answered my questions right.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Cearra! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I called TitleMax and the guy was good on the phone. So, he convinced me to come on in. I did the next day and got the loan. I told the manager when I was leaving that the guy who helped me was awesome. If I needed to do it again, I would do it without hesitation. And I tell people I had a good experience.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Tyrone! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The rep walked me through the process. She explained to me everything from point A to point B. It was amazing. TitleMax helped me out with something that I needed at that moment and it helped me out a lot.

Thanks, Rene!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

The process was good. It took an hour and a half.

Thanks, Tiffany!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

The experience with TitleMax was very good. They were very polite and courteous. They're very good people to get your title from.

Thanks, Willie!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I had a wonderful experience from the time I walked in. Mrs. ** was very inviting warm and knowledgeable about the information that I needed to receive from her. Just a great experience all around. Thank you Riverdale, GA.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Jacqueline. We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

The process went quick. I wish it could have been better, but I understand the way it works.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Jesse! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

TitleMax's staff was nice and sweet. Communication was good too. They asked for my title and my ID. The process took 30 minutes.

Thanks, Domonique!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

The TitleMax rep was so courteous and honest. He explained everything, even though I had a thousand questions, and was very knowledgeable so I knew exactly what I got myself into. He's a keeper. I was in a very unexpected situation and he made the process extremely easy. We were done in about 30 minutes. But I don't like the payback plan. That could have been curbed a little bit. People are there because they need help and the interest rate was a bit much. But I'm grateful for my experience.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Brandy! Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I did an auto loan with TitleMax. My rep was very professional and pleasant. She was handling five people at one time. The process was as fast as it could be and I was there maybe an hour and a half.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Monekia! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Everything worked out well with TitleMax and there was great communication. The rep was able to help me with the whole process and getting everything finalized. We were done with the process with about an hour and I couldn’t have gone to a better place.

Thanks, Paul!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I was in a pickle when my 18-wheeler went down and I needed some cash. I went to TitleMax and customer service was amazing with the way they treated me, talked to me, and the way they had time for me. They were very friendly people and they made me feel really good. If someone acknowledges me, gives me respect, treats me and makes me feel good, that goes a long way. Even if it's not a good deal, you can cover it up by the way you treat somebody. If you are rude and you’re still bending me over, then that’s a different situation. I needed 6,500 and I didn't get near what I wanted, but it was fine. It helped out. If I pay out the loan completely, it's gonna be almost $7,000 and I only get 2,500. It's a terrible rate so I'm gonna go ahead and get it out of the way within 90 days. The timeframe for the process was about an hour and a half at most.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Jason!

Original review: July 31, 2022

The process with TitleMax took probably about 20 minutes just because I had to get bank statements. It wasn’t bad. I wasn't expecting to get the money that quick since usually, big companies are always all over the place. The rate is good. It’s only $100 for the payment.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Michael!

Original review: July 31, 2022

Applying was fast. The longest time was waiting on the estimate of what TitleMax would give. It was an hour and a half. Also, Amber was nice.

Thanks, Sherry!

Original review: July 30, 2022

The rep was friendly. Told us everything we needed to know. TitleMax needed my license, pay stubs, and the title to the car. The rep took pictures of the car, and had to go back and take pictures of the car because they said there was a scratch on the car when there wasn't. And that was it. The only thing that I had a complaint about was when he put in my pay stubs, the computer calculated it incorrectly. The calculator computes your pay stubs at four per month, and that is not the actual accounting way to account for your pay stubs. He said that's how the computer system works. It didn’t affect my loan whatsoever, but it lowered my income $300 per month. So if that had been a difference between getting my loan and not getting my loan, it would have been the rep's error and I could have gone somewhere else, and they would have calculated it correctly and I got a loan.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Amy!

Original review: July 30, 2022

I called first and when I got in, the rep was very informative and she let me know how it worked out. It was quick and easy.

Thanks, Gwen!

Original review: July 30, 2022

I did a car loan and the rep that helped me was patient. From beginning to end, the process took about 30 minutes to an hour. They took a lot of pictures. The pictures of the car were necessary but the photograph of the person made me feel a little uncomfortable. It was a one-time thing for me. The only thing that I suggest be improved would be to have transparency on some of the fine print in the disclosure agreement. That aside, the loan was a little bit of a relief for me.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Emanuel! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I’ve been dealing with TitleMax for about six years. The application process was pretty easy and quick every time. Customer service was great. They were all polite and they knew what they were doing. They explained the details to me. I only wish I would have saved a lot more money. I took out a $700 title loan and I ended up paying about 6,000 back. I didn't understand that.

Say I borrowed 700 on a title loan. Maybe I’ll just get all the 700 back and have it for six months and TitleMax makes an extra 800 to 1,000 on it, instead of everybody having to pay that extra $5,000. They are still gonna get their money back plus an extra 800 to 1,000. Not everybody is gonna be able to pay the loan back all at one time so all they do is keep adding on and adding on until you pay it off. I’ll never go get a title loan again. That aside, everything was good. I just got a loan for $450 and TitleMax only charged me $173 interest. They take that out of my bank so that's fine.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, James.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I went in and told the rep what I needed to get and gave her my title. And the process went quickly and easily. She was very thorough and professional. I'm gonna go in and pay at least more than half of it today so I can try to get it paid off as soon as possible. TitleMax helped me save money in the long run.

Thanks, Tanesha!

Original review: July 29, 2022

I don't think that they're a little fair because the amount that was given was not even near what I would have thought, even with a year of mileage. So it was not carefully reviewed. They made the process a little complicated and non-customer-friendly whenever they were asking for particular pictures to have to be up and then a little lower. But other than that, everything else was okay.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I went to a title loan place right up the street and their interest rate was very high. I then stopped by TitleMax and their interest rate was lower so I chose them. The interest rate was fine for me, taking into consideration the type of loan it is. I did a car loan. Their rep was excellent and he gave me a lot of information. The process took 30 minutes. And because the systems was down, the rep was explaining other stuff about the loan. He was very talkative and kept me occupied while we did everything. He also gave me information that usually I don't get, like how to pay it down quicker and things of that nature.

Taking the pictures was the longest process and I understand why. They wanted to make sure everything is correct and they checked on the condition of the vehicle. The loan processing, on the other hand, didn't take as long as him taking pictures. I just had my ID, proof of identification, and title. The only thing is TitleMax should have a few more workers. There were only two workers there and some people were waiting. That aside, the two workers were multitasking and working together so they got everybody out.

Thanks, Jessica!