Get Pricing

4.7/5 (121 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

The application process with TitleMax was great and the rate and terms of the loan were reasonable. It's a tremendous experience when you go somewhere and be able to able to get approved and for that amount. It's a blessing.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Anthony! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I've got to call TitleMax today and tell them that I have a problem. When I got the loan, I got it with my unemployment. And I got several thousand dollars left in my unemployment to cover the payment. I usually get my payment on Tuesdays. I haven't got a payment for two weeks because something happened to the computer screens and they locked them up. But I got it straightened out this morning at 8 o'clock. I was up on them. And I won't get a check until tomorrow morning on my direct deposit. So, I might be a day late with it. But those people at TitleMax were wonderful.

The manager there and the lady who is going to be the manager were awesome. They would bend over backwards for me. Every time I asked them a question, they knew the answer. One gentleman and another sitting at the desk right next to him get nothing but 5 stars plus. I’m illiterate sometimes when it comes to a computer and they were so helpful. It was unbelievable. I've never had such an easy experience ever in my life. I’ve even sent a couple of people there and they were willing to take the person down to get the money for his license plates, help them with the loan to get it on a vehicle.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, David. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

TitleMax got good customer service skills, They all know how to treat their customers.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Byesha! We strive to have the best customer service in the industry. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The process at TitleMax was good. It took about 20 minutes. Their customer service was good, too. The reps were helpful. They told me everything I needed before I got there.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Angel! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need anything at all!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Working with TitleMax helped me get everything my kids needed for Christmas. It's a good place. They had to restart their system, so it took a little while to get approved, but their rep was really helpful.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Andre! We are glad we could help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The initial process wasn’t kosher because they really didn't disclose anything to me till after I signed it. I was not told that it was a one-time payment. I asked how much would my payments be and what will the interest be. The rep kept telling me they got to put everything together and when they did, they said I qualify for 10,000. They were trying to get me to get the whole 10,000 and I got somewhere around 3,000. I got adjusted for more than what I wanted. They needed my initial and they did it on the computer. I didn't get a copy of it until it came in the form of an email and that's when I saw the one payment and the 144% interest. The rep knew all along that there was no payment plan and I was not told that. I would have gotten just a small amount, only what I needed.

For the next couple of months, I'm gonna try to pay December's payment, I'm gonna pay the 4.23 interest, and I’m gonna try to pay half of what the balance is, the principal, and then do the same thing again. Then, I'll never mess with TitleMax ever again and definitely won’t recommend it. They take advantage of a person needing the money. They need to get on those people about disclosing things prior to the customer signing and they need to give the customer all the paperwork.

TitleMax response

Myron - thank you for reaching out about your recent experience. We value your feedback and would like to learn more. Please feel free to reach out to our customer resolutions hotline at 1 (800) 804-5368. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

TitleMax is a little bit more known than any other ones. We're doing okay with them. Their customer service rep was very helpful. That day we were there, she was nice. She offered us drinks and chips. I'm heading back to the office right now because the check that was given to my husband for the title has this black line. I guess the printer wasn't working. No one wants to check it because it can't be read. Other than that, I would recommend others to go over there.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Marissa! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I walked into the TitleMax location and the rep told me exactly how to operate it and the way the terms work. After that, I just agreed to do it with them. I applied for a reasonable amount. At the same time, I just did it to build some type of credit with TitleMax. It was straightforward and very fast. Ted was very professional. And he was able to answer all of my questions without a problem or having to call anybody. So, he was good. It took half an hour just trying to process the loan because something was going on at the back end. But they made phone calls and made it happen. TitleMax helped me a lot because I didn't come down here with a job. I took a $30 pay cut coming down here. It helped me just able to pay my mother's rent at least a month in advance, so I have another 30 days to figure things while I'm here. I'm a very satisfied customer and I have already recommended other people.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your feedback, Terrelle! We are glad you had a pleasant experience. Let us know if we can help with anything at all.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

The rep was really helpful. The process was pretty quick and I was pleased.

TitleMax response

Thanks, David! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

The rep from TitleMax did a great job. She explained everything well to me. It was like 30 minutes or so when I got approved. It was really fast. Overall, TitleMax has a very good customer service.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Veronica! Let us know if we can help with anything.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I figured TitleMax would have been the best place for me for my title because it is easier to get it back. Also, I pass by the location on the way to work. TitleMax handled everything well. The rep finally uploaded the pictures. She said it took a little longer than normal because it was on the other end. But the process was quick. I kept recommending everybody because the service was friendly and made me feel welcome.

TitleMax response

Hi Christopher! Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I've had nothing but excellent experience with TitleMax. The application process was only about five minutes. The longest I ever stayed up in there was maybe all of 15 minutes. I've been in a couple of times to three locations, and their service is excellent all around. They are on top of their time and very knowledgeable. They made sure that I read everything. They dotted their I's and crossed their T's.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Cyrtillia! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Getting a title loan from TitleMax was fast and fun. The lending process was completed in an hour. I had a very good experience overall.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Brody. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The reps were prompt, understanding and very helpful. They did a great job. It was better than what I expected. I'm very pleased with TitleMax and I will refer them.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Jeannie! We appreciate your business. Let us know if we can help with anything!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I'm really big on customer service and TitleMax did good. The reps were nice and we had a good time.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your feedback Brittney! We appreciate you business.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I've dealt with TitleMax before and they've always treated us very well. This time, the whole process was pretty smooth for the most part. Getting all the pictures together took just an hour. But then, the system went down, so they said that they would get back to me. By the time I got back to the office, they called me and said that it's already done and I just need to come by and sign the paperwork whenever I'm ready.

TitleMax response

Hi Christopher! We apologize for the technological delays during your experience and we appreciate your business. Let us know if we can help with anything!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

TitleMax was fantastic. They were the only place that would lend me anything, and the process was convenient and fast. It took about a day and during the application, their reps kept my kids busy. They gave them pens, pencils, and paper.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Miranda! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

The representative was okay, but she didn't explain a lot of things and I was forced into having to do a TitleMax Visa card. I didn't want to do that, but she said that I had to and I thought that was odd. The loan payments are extremely high as well.

TitleMax response

Hi Jessica - thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I did a car pawn with TitleMax. It was one day and they had good customer service. It's just that the payments are a little steep under the conditions of people having to do this due to COVID, which has affected all of us in such a tremendous way. It’s almost $1,200, and that's almost a rent payment. The people were friendly and they even called yesterday to check on me and make sure I was doing good. I was like, “I could be better if you could lower the payment.” But then it was such an easy process.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Connie. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

TitleMax was close to where I live at Northport. They were convenient. The rep I worked with was nice and helpful on everything. Everybody's kind of leery about putting their title or paperwork out there, but working with TitleMax helped me pay a few things I needed to pay. It’s worked out. If it’s what you need to do, TitleMax is good to work with.

TitleMax response

Brandon, thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

No other lender would give me a chance except for TitleMax and they made the loan process pretty easy for me. There wasn't too much I had to do. They just had to take pictures of my car, send it in, then the lender approved it, and I was out the door. But the whole process took two hours because my phone was lagging. They were trying to show me how to get on the site so I could use it and they asked me to stay for that. But I pretty much didn't have to, so they just let me leave. Then, I loaded the app when I came back and they showed me. If it is the last resort and futuristically you know that you can pay the loan back, then I would recommend TitleMax to anybody because it will in the long run help you out with your credit and everything else.

TitleMax response

Marisha - Thanks for your feedback! Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I worked with Kyla who was very knowledgeable and informative. She was able to answer every one of my questions. The process went very fast.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Tamecia! Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The TitleMax rep just asked me the basic questions that she needed about my job, the work history, and took the pictures. It was easy and I got the loan the same day. So, it was good for me. You should try it.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Aubreona! Let us know if we can help with anything.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The process went really good and smoothly. It was a good experience.

TitleMax response

Whitley, we appreciate your review. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. We hope to see you soon.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I was glad that TitleMax helped me out. The lady that did help me was very nice and she greeted me very good. She helped me when I needed help to pay some bills. I had a fine experience with TitleMax.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Tim. We're so glad we could help you get what you needed. We hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Everything was wonderful with TitleMax’s services. The guy I worked with was really nice. He helped me out. He gave me all the information I needed, and it sounded great to me. He put me on a good plan where I can easily pay TitleMax and where it won’t be so much pressure on me. It helped out a whole lot. I was able to catch up on some bills and I did a little Christmas shopping already. TitleMax is trying to help me. I’m glad I went that way.

TitleMax response

Stephen, we're so glad we could help! We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I used TitleMax before and they were pretty good. I could pay off good and get my title back without any problems. Their process this time was great. It was easy and quick. The rep I had was very nice and answered all my questions. The atmosphere was really very nice. We laughed and I like that personality. It was very good personality. I was kind of like in a bind for a house, so working with TitleMax helped me out.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your review, Letty. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

They’ve been pretty cool. They have A1 communication. I had a really nice interaction with the rep that I worked with.

TitleMax response

Byron, thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The whole process was a good conversation that took about 40 minutes.

TitleMax response

Thanks for your review, Shaquille. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

TitleMax helps me build a credit. I felt comfortable with the lady that I talked to. The process was pretty much smooth. I had to go back and forth. But I looked forward to that because I was trying to get a loan at first and then I realized that I could just pawn the title and build up and do that. It was a good process. I was very satisfied. The little money that I got helped me out. It was a life-changing deal. I didn't get what I wanted, but it helped me get through.

TitleMax response

That's great to hear, Lamonta! Thank you for reaching out about your experience. Let us know if we can help in any way.

TitleMax Company Information