4.7/5 (453 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: June 26, 2022

The rep did a great job. She was very nice. The rate was what I expected it would be. I'm just surprised that the amount was dramatically lower than expected.

Original review: June 25, 2022

The other locations in Wisconsin want you to pay bi-weekly and it was a lot of money - $300 every two weeks. When I called TitleMax's location, they said they could do monthly. It's way better to do monthly than every two weeks. The rep was very knowledgeable. I came in towards the end of her shift and she was fast. It was less than 40 minutes when we were done. She asked me for the basics which matched what was on the website, so I knew what to bring. She went in and took pictures, and we were back in. We did the application, and she walked me through it.

I had done an inquiry on the website and as I got approved, someone was following up with me about the inquiry asking me did I know how to apply? Everything was on point. I got approved and the rep told me that it's due on this particular day. She said, “You can always call and talk to us and we’ll note the account. But your car will be at risk if you don't pay.” I got a little nervous with that. What if something happened? Will my car be gone the very next day type of thing?

Original review: June 25, 2022

The lady rep spoke Spanish. She was really helpful and she explained to me everything. I had the money in less than 30 minutes. I highly recommend TitleMax. The rates are good. It was better than the bank.

Original review: June 24, 2022

The service was good. The process was quiet and calm. It was a good conversation. My rep was really nice. Working with them helped relieve a lot of stress.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Everything went well. They were very helpful. The customer service was good. I recommend the place to anybody. If it weren’t for them, I couldn’t take care of what I needed to take care of.

Original review: June 23, 2022

The process was very fast and friendly. The general manager went over everything with me and made sure I understood everything I needed to know. I really like that you can load the funds on a debit card. That was amazing.

Original review: June 23, 2022

They came through for me pretty well. The rep was really good and she kept it professional. The only issue was the new technology they have. She said something about how it used to be on the phone. Now, it's on this little tablet and she had to get that tablet reset. Other than that, everything went pretty smoothly. I got decent rates for my vehicle as far as the loan I needed. I needed a bit more but they got me as much as they could with what I had. Working with them relieved a lot of stress.

Original review: June 22, 2022

My experience with TitleMax went smoothly. I went in the store and they took care of me. They made sure I was approved before the guy entered my information. I liked my rep. She was very helpful especially on the payback process. The way she explained it to me, I felt comfortable.

Original review: June 22, 2022

The process was really fast. They have good personnel and I like dealing with them. They're easy to deal with.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I felt I was selling my car and it didn't feel right. I had a lot of bad feelings and I explained that to the rep at TitleMax. She did everything on the computer, which is great, but she didn't give me a receipt or an account number. I kept going back to that so when I pay it off, I know what to do. She said, “You just have to come in and show us your name, and we'll put it on here.” I needed something in my hand to say the car is mine. She gave me one, and I felt better. Other than that, she was great. She answered my questions. She told me what my first payment would be, and if I was gonna pay it all off, this is how much extra it would be.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Because of some ordinance, the rep wasn't going to be able to get me approved for what I needed. So, she contacted the Paris store and talked with the worker there. She said to send me over. I went there and got taken care of. So, everything went really well. The reps at both stores did a really good job. Both had nice, clean offices and they were professional.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The process was very, very quick. It took only about an hour and a half.

Original review: June 14, 2022

It wasn't a long process, but the amount of cash that I received wasn't what the lady and I had discussed at first. But I didn't want to borrow too much anyway. I wanted to be able to manage to pay it back so I could get the title back. The lady was nice, caring and very informative.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Both of the girls in the office were real nice through everything. The one that helped me out was real good and she made everything easy. It was all smooth.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I called TitleMax and they pretty much pre-qualified me on the phone. They asked me what to bring and then I just met them. It took about 20 minutes. It was easy. The rep was very friendly. It was kind of weird because it was a loan, but it was fun like we're just joking. TitleMax helped me significantly. I needed the cash right away and it was there. I was expecting it to take a day. I didn't know that they do a push to debit. I was expecting a check and I thought that they have to clear. So that was really helpful.

Original review: June 11, 2022

The loan was for 2,000 and if I paid so much a month, it would definitely be paid off in October. But then, it showed an additional $4,000 as a balloon payment. The rep said I would have to pay off the $4,000 or refinance the $4,000. I was totally shocked. The rep didn't say anything. Then they were closing and I needed to be somewhere to give the $2,000 to. I was totally lost at that point. This has been bothering me every single day since I took that loan out. This is worse than financing my vehicle.

Original review: June 10, 2022

The lending process with TitleMax was easy and it took a normal processing time. It took no more than 30 minutes. Their reps were good, very knowledgeable, and explained pretty much the steps of the process. The rates are outrageous but overall, I was pleased with TitleMax.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback Enrique! We appreciate your business.

Resolution response: June 14, 2022

The title max company did not response to my Consumer Affair report. I believe they tried to blow it off. Here is the update. On the issue of the loan. Two different sides are telling me to pay a fine difference to release my loan. But one side says pay only cash. The other side says I can pay online. That's very Shady and dishonest. So I have contacted the corporate office again. Been on hold this time for today for a hour and 15 now. Previous time was 46 mins. This is during their weekday hours. No holidays or anything.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Updated on 6/16/2022: I have again asked for answers about my loan from both the office in Lexington area and corporate office. The Lexington office did not pick up. The corporate office now has staff members trying to say I "hung up the line". "Mr. M you hung the phone up while I had you on the phone with the other store" etc. I received those details from a female representative, I believe I wrote down as Natallie, stated I did all these things. I a person who does not hang up on calls unless it's something getting my attention. My attention was diverted to my health. I have just come from having surgery in my pelvic area and I came from the hospital with issues at 2 organs near my liver. when it comes to time. I am calling to get my answers n not wait.

I am still not able to drive anywhere with or without a vehicle. Any shock pain I have at the abdomen area and right side during a drive on the road would cause me to get into an accident. I am sick and tired of being diverted and told only stuff that I am made to believe. I looked up policies of payments. I have the right to pay my bills using the form of debit card, money order and cash..not limiting a person to only cash. that limit is a racial lie and financial discrimination.

That's what I believe Title Max is pulling. I did my payments from December thru April using my debit and credit card on file and cash a few times but my cash payments are not on the same records of payments that I can view online. I am still paying on a loan that says due per 30 but instead I am paying on a due date marked the 45th date. Making me pay interest fees for another cycle which go to the principal. But doesn't! Therefore I want corporate office start answering questions. Stop racially denying customers answers. Give me my full way of payment by all three means not denying and limiting to one like this is Jim crow.

Updated on 6/15/2022: Still the experience to resolving issues with this company is absolutely disgusting and terrible. Contacting corporate office was ludicrous and I only had one person give me some help besides the other times of hateful disrespect, attitude, disgust and more. I have been told two bamboozled stories. I can pay for my balance with them on the on the phone or in the portal. That's the first from June 10. Or I must and can only talk to the office where I got my loan (those words were from over 5 people in two days stating the same thing and denying me resources to resolve my issue).

I rather paid my due with the first option. Because I have talked to a magistrate court police for the damaging of property that didn't even belong to me when the vehicle was towed. And my closure is that I am not paying more than was was stated, 815 then pay off the remainder of the balance of something thousand n change.

I did not want anything else. This week it seems that Title Max wants to put any customer in a bottle neck. Squeezing them with little information and fill them only with what they want you to believe. There was a presumed time frame I was told before. That information can not be disclosed at the corporate office where it actually came from at first. And now I can only talk to the place where I got my loan at. Not acceptable. That's denying me access to all points of resolving or getting my resolution done appropriately and at the manner I can. With my physical illness and problems. I have continued to try and do right. But taking this misrepresented company to court is the best. Anyone who has a problem with title max both title or pawn. Take them to court. There is no such thing as arbitration.

Original review: On June 9th, 2022. I was preparing to go thru my post op office from a surgery. I learned my car was repo. And I had an understanding that my bit by bit payments would be fine. Instead I learned it was not. I learned that they don't care if you have an infected pelvic hernia and if you can not return to work. Like I have not been able to. Have not yet received any income from the job for the injury yet. Like I am waiting still. That money only matters. The vehicle inside of it has my medical paperwork for my paid leave and FMLA, all the hospital visits, my medications, and more. I have asked all the lines of communication from the store, the office of independent auto option who is responsible for receiving the towed cars, and last the corporate office. I have had no answers of where my car, the belongings and contents, and most of all. My medical paperwork and everything I needed for finally being paid on my medical leave.

But nobody cares. I haven't been paid since April. Any other funds I had went to rent, insurance, doctor visits, examinations, scans and more. Some government assistance programs helped. But not enough. When I was on the phone with the corporate office for TitleMax. I was told..have three options.

1. The line will be disconnect if I do not stop asking to speak to a manager.
2. The line will be disconnect if I do not stop asking to speak to someone, you're speaking to someone at the corporate office.

3. Do not call the corporate office. Call the office where you got your loan and issue.

All three of those options were told to me on the phone today. Of course I already reached out to the office where I did my loan in December. My payment history is good. The problem there is though. My payments are having me pay on a loan not at per 40 days, but almost 40 days. Title Max says it was an error and tried to remedy it. But it wouldn't affect my payments. I started my medical leave on April. I informed them. I did a payment of what I could. It was said it may be workable. I still was not paid In May from medical leave. I communicate. And when I had my surgery I left it to caregivers to assist.

Then June. After all that effort and payments done. My vehicle with the property I need to finally receive medical paid leave. Is not on me to finally catch back up on past debt. I was told to get my car and the property I need to pay 890 dollars. The 400 dollar repo towing fee is part of 890.. but I am still not able to get my own possessions, medical paperwork and disability paperwork.

If I do and when I do pay this amount to get my information and medicines needed to help me bring me back to peace of mind. A peace of mind and lawsuit should be done to title max as well. It's one thing to do something to people on bad debt. But bad debt during a medical condition, low to no income for now starting month 3. Being told that I, the customer with title max cannot talk to a supervisor or manager at the title max corporate office, and telling me 3 options. Basically all three options were for me to Shut up be dogged! I'm not shutting up now! I am speaking out.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The staff was very courteous and knowledgeable. The process was fast. It took about 45 minutes. The rep answered the questions that I had. She was very professional. She did things quickly and in a timely fashion. She acknowledged me as soon as I walked through the door and asked me what it was that I was looking for. It was great. TitleMax is a great place to go if you need help in a fast manner.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a great customer experience Sheree! We are happy to help.

Original review: June 9, 2022

My experience with TitleMax has been good. The rep was a very kind gentleman and had great customer service. He’s very well presented. He gives a great image to the business because he dresses up and he's neat. His personality and approach is kind and courteous as well. I got a great impression about him. On a different note, the interest rate is below average in respect to other lenders in the market, and I'm not specifically comparing TitleMax to direct competitors. But for other kinds of lenders, the rate is unbelievably high. Also, I would suggest that the payment terms be a bit longer for me or other customers in the future. The terms to pay my loan off is a bit short, but I'm okay with it. We're gonna do whatever it takes to get everything paid off because I don't wanna be without a car.

Original review: June 8, 2022

The process took a while. I had an out of state title, so they had to do some call-in. Other than that, it was a good experience.

TitleMax response

Glad to hear about your experience Christopher. Thank you for your business!

Original review: June 8, 2022

The workers handled everything pretty well and I would recommend them to a friend, just because TitleMax is a really go-to place to get money. The last time I went there, the process was really fast and I was surprised. It was pretty much just sign, sign, sign, and I only took 15 minutes to get everything done. The very first time, it took a while, ‘cause I was reading over the documents. All in all, it's good getting the money upfront ‘cause you need it for rent or to pay bills. However, I wouldn't recommend these loans ‘cause they impact your life hard. They put you in debt more because of the interest rates.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I received about 5,000 and it helped me a lot. The process was easy. It was good customer service.

TitleMax response

We are happy to hear you had a quick and easy process. Thank you for your business Billy!

Original review: June 7, 2022

The young lady from TitleMax that the Lord allowed me to speak with was really kind to me and she told me how to go through the process and do it. I did the car title loan. I had to take my title, and I had to have reference people who they can contact. The lady asked what income I had coming in. I told her that I get disability, and I gave her my ID, my picture ID, and the bank info. Working with TitleMax got me out of the situation that I was in, so I’m thankful for that. It came through for me.

Original review: June 6, 2022

They were punctual and very friendly. I’m pretty much satisfied with them.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback Gia! Glad you had a good experience.

Original review: June 6, 2022

The lending process with TitleMax went smoothly and quickly. Their reps were easy to talk to. They got great customer service. They did a good job.

Original review: June 5, 2022

The service that I got was great. The representative that I worked with could not be better. He was exceptional. But I'm disappointed in the amount that I got because I asked for 2,000 and they gave me 1,300.

TitleMax response

We are so happy to here your service was expectational Linda. Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: June 5, 2022

I sat down and the guy did the application online. It took him about 30 minutes. He was good. Everything was good.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Everything they needed and all the signing were pretty easy. They were really polite and nice about it. The lady that I worked with was really nice. The process of getting the payment was really easy. She explained everything that was going on. It was really good with TitleMax doing the loan and getting it approved fast. But the rate was absolutely terrible. It could have been better if the interest wasn't so high. But other than that, everything went great.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback Zachary! We are glad you had a good experience.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I got the installment loan and the process was quick and simple. It took 30 minutes max. They were really knowledgeable and helpful.

TitleMax Company Information