4.7/5 (470 ratings)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros

• Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements

Cons

• Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 16 states

Bottom Line

TitleMax offers title and personal loans with easy applications. Customers receive funds quickly, and the company has loan specialists that help clients find out how much money they can borrow.

TitleMax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

There was only one person working that Saturday I went in there. But he was real good. I enjoyed working with TitleMax real good.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Maurice! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

The ladies that were at TitleMax were very nice and helpful. They were really polite. I had a good feeling and felt really welcomed whenever I walked in. I got more than what I was looking for, which was great. TitleMax was there when I needed them.

TitleMax response

We are glad we could help, Dominick!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My rep was really good. She did a good job.

Thank you, Angela!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

The rep that helped me was really nice and very down-to-earth. She was pretty relaxed about the whole process. So that was nice. She knew what she was doing. TitleMax is really cool, but I wouldn’t get a loan because I wanted extra money. I would only do it because I’m in a bind and I can pay off the loan really quick.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Dominic.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

It was one of the easiest experiences I've had. Russell was as helpful as could be and did his very best to help us through the process. He could not be any more accommodating. He was Johnny-on-the-spot. Even with having phone calls coming in, and this, that and the other, he took care of us. He made it very easy for us for something that we have never had to do before.

We had to get the application for the new tag and take my title, because I had just paid my truck off three months before that. So this was very disheartening. But we had to bring him where I would get my new Arizona tag and that the title was cleared. And we took those two pieces of paper to Russell. With the whole process, it took a couple of hours last Saturday morning, but with him, 15, 20 minutes and we were out of there with the cash deposited into our account. Russell said to us, “The cash will be in your account before you stand up out of those chairs." Our experience was very top-of-the-line. It was good all the way around.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Cathy! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My experience was good. The lady I worked with was real quick, and she explained everything to me thoroughly, including how much the exact payments back would be. I'd tell people to go for a loan with TitleMax.

Thanks, Katelynn!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

The lady at TitleMax attended to me well and everything went good. The process didn't take too long as well.

Thank you, Serapio!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

My loan experience with TitleMax was wonderful. It was an easy process, quick, and it took some stress away because I needed the money. I have been getting way too many personal loans lately, and I thought, “Okay, I need to go another route and maybe it will be cheaper for me if I put collateral up.” I thought about a title loan that I had never done before, and my car wasn’t worth a whole lot in the beginning, so I didn’t think it would be too big of a risk. However, I ran into a situation wherein I was yielding, getting ready to get off, and a gentleman hit me from behind and totaled my vehicle. I plan on handling that situation by coming down no later than Saturday, paying my loan off completely, and just getting a personal loan. Titlemax is a hassle-free company if you need some cash fast, and I’d do business with them for the long run.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Joy! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The reps were really welcoming when I walked in and answered all my questions about getting the title loan. The lending process was really quick, and it was good. I recommend TitleMax.

Thank you, Bianca!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The rep was super nice. He was very patient with me. I asked a lot of questions, and he answered all of them.

Thanks, Jennifer!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

The process took 40 minutes from beginning to end, and the service was very good. The rep was very nice too.

Thanks, Joann!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

TitleMax was great. They made sure that I didn't walk out without knowing what I needed to do and how everything went. Chris and Krystal were very helpful. I've never gotten a title loan but it has helped me.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Rebeka!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

TitleMax helped me out in a time of need. I’m greatly appreciative for it. I didn't have to wait very long. I was in and out of there about 20 minutes. They were great with me. We were in there laughing the whole time.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Christopher! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The rep and I had a nice conversation, and she was very supportive. She answered all my questions, did a good job, and it took less than 30 minutes to get the loan. We did the paperwork, and there was another young lady who walked out and told me she'll get the pictures. Majority of the time, we were waiting on the response if I got approved. Working with TitleMax helped a little, and everything with this experience was good. They were friendly, had good customer service, and I was in and out in a timely manner.

TitleMax response

We are glad you had a pleasant experience, Tiffany! Let us know if you need anything else.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Titlemax was awesome, very informational and professional, and the lending process was very thorough and factual. They helped me, it was hassle-free, and I'm satisfied.

Thanks, Freedom!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

It's been a long time since I experienced great customer service, and it was wonderful. Everything was efficient and timely.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I applied for a title loan and the process was about an hour. The reps were awesome.

Thanks, Laura!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Working with TitleMax helped at the moment. I went in, spoke with the representative there, and it was great. The lending process went smooth and quick.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Steve! We are glad we could help.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The representative explained everything to me. The process took 25 minutes, and my experience was pleasant. I wanted more, but because I had something prior, I couldn't get more.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Dorothy!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Getting a personal loan with TitleMax was easy. It took 20 minutes, and the rep was awesome. She explained everything before the end and told me what I could do to bring my payments down. She also told me that they send the information to the credit bureau, which I needed.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Sean! Let us know if you need anything.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Titlemax helped me out a lot, and it got me out of a situation. The lady there was a beautiful person, and she was very kind and respectful. She was on it, and she worked quick. Getting the title loan was easy too. I needed more, but it's okay. That’s all we could have. Everything is good.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Carlos! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I was very pleased with TitleMax. It took 30 minutes to get the loan, and the rep was amazing. She explained stuff to me.

Thanks, Megan!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The title loan from TitleMax came through really quickly. I worked with a very helpful rep. The process took a little while only because they were overly specific about certain things. So, they kept making the rep go back and do things. It took three hours. Overall, the people from TitleMax are very helpful in trying to get us the best deal.

TitleMax response

Thank you, Timothy! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The application took a bit took longer than what I expected because it was more than just me in there, but the whole process was less of a hassle than I thought it would be. The customer service was great too. The rep helped me with everything I needed help with, and she didn't have no attitude.

TitleMax response

Thanks, Jordan! Let us know if you need anything.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

TitleMax is well-branded. The rep we dealt with was very personable. The whole process was fairly easy and short.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Sedina!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

My experience was good. It just took a long time because they said something about the mileage on my car. The motor on car my blew, so I got a new one, but it had less mileage than the odometer was reading. My motor has less miles than my old motor that was in there, and you can't change the odometer in the car. The rep had to take pictures of the car five times, and I ended up waiting there for almost two and a half hours. Other than that, it would have been a perfect experience. The rep was really nice. She gave me some water and some snacks for being there waiting and for waiting long.

TitleMax response

Hi Michael. At TitleMax we are always trying to improve and learn from past experiences. We would like to learn more about your recent visit. Please feel free to reach out to us at 1 (800) 804-5368 so that we can get more details about your situation. From there we can contact the appropriate parties and work through any issues.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

My experience was good. My dad and I came early, close to the time that they open. It was busy as the time went on, but the reps paid attention. They were very helpful, and we were taken care of. I needed the cash, and working with TitleMax has lowered my stress level with certain things. So I'm satisfied.

Thanks, Khadijha!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

TitleMax told me I could get up to $10,000, so I went with that. The rep from Dover that I dealt with was cool. She was more polite and much nicer. I had gone to the one in Delaware, in Wilmington, and she was really nasty to me. This is my first experience ever. At one point, I was rethinking if I even wanted to do this. I, in a way, kind of regret going because what I ultimately settled for was trash. It was nothing. It was like pennies. I wouldn't recommend TitleMax to anybody else.

TitleMax response

Thank you for your feedback, Courtney. It is our goal to do all we can to help customers get the cash they need. The amount you're approved for is determined based on a number of underwriting factors and any state or local requirements. When you apply, we do our best to get you the amount you need, while still adhering to such parameters and requirements. If you have specific questions about the amount you were approved for, please reach out to your local TitleMax store, or you can contact our customer service team at 1 (800) 804-5368.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

The rep I worked with was really good. She made the process really easy for me. I got the whole amount but I was hoping I could get higher 'cause they said my car was worth 8,800 but they only did 24.

TitleMax response

We appreciate your feedback, Lupe.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

Everything was good. TitleMax helped me out with everything, and the rep was nice from the start when I came in. I got more than what I asked for, and I was totally shocked. She told me, even if I couldn't get what I wanted, she still was gonna work with me either way it goes. I liked my experience with her.

TitleMax response

Thanks for leaving a review, Sabrina!

TitleMax Company Information