4.7(3,740)

About TitleMax

TitleMax is one of the largest title lending companies in the nation. TitleMax offers car and motorcycle title loans and pawns at competitive rates. It strives to provide a superior level of customer service as it helps thousands of people get the cash they need with a title loan. The company has thousands of convenient locations.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Receive up to $10,000
  • Get funds in as little as 30 minutes
  • No bank account required
  • No credit score requirements
Cons
  • Pawns only available in Georgia
  • Loans only available in 17 states

Stars Rating

• 80%
  • 11%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TitleMax?
    Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Everything was good in my experience with TitleMax. I sent in the requirements. They explained that to me. The lady I spoke to informed me that she wouldn't be in the office by the time I got to that side of town. She told me her co-worker was there and they would be able to assist me. The system was messing up, so it took longer than usual. I ended up taking the pictures on my phone through the app that they told me to download instead of them using their system. The customer service was good. The rep was friendly. He walked me through everything. He read over all the documentation before I signed them, making sure I understood everything that I was signing.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The lady that was in Titlemax treated me so nice. I would recommend her to anyone. She told me about the loan and she told me how things work. She was very educated on it. So, I really enjoy just going in there. They made me feel right at home. I needed the portal downloaded. But I was doing clinicals at that time, and I had to go that day. I couldn't learn how to do it on my phone. But they were willing to take me to come in another day just to sit me down and show me how to do it on my phone because I'm over 50 and they know that I'm not that computer-savvy. Also, the manager got there real early because she was working with me. She was willing to come back in real, real early to help me finish. I had a very good experience. I would recommend anybody to them. I will use them again and keep using them.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I had a very good experience with Justin and Hilda. They broke everything down to me.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The process took an hour. My rep was very good and helpful.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The TitleMax rep was nice. The amount that I owe is due within 30 days on the 31st of this month. So, I decided, for this week, to pay half of the amount that I owe. Then next Friday would be the 31st, and I was gonna pay the other half. I was supposed to pay 145 and 145, with total up to 291. But when I paid the 145 today, she said to come back June the 30th and I owe 175. She tagged an extra $30. I was like, “Where's that coming from?” I'm not paying the minimum. I’m paying my title out within 30 days. I think what she tried to do was delayed me to June 30th so I could pay that extra $30, but I wasn't trying to look for an extension. I was just trying to pay it off.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

TitleMax helped me out good. I'm disabled and I was in need of the cash. I decided to call in. That was the best day of my life. I laughed and laughed. The payment is high, but it's good.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The lending process with TitleMax took 40 minutes and it was a good experience. It was simple and fair. The rep gave me the amount that I needed and a little more. The rate was not too bad compared to another place.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I had a good experience with TitleMax. I went to them 'cause I was short of little cash and they gave me good customer service. The transaction was quick, easy and good. If others are having a hard time and they need some help, I would highly recommend TitleMax because they will help you the best they can.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The rep I worked with had a nice personality. However, their customer service is not good. They held $65 of my money. They told me I had to wait 10 days. Then I waited 10 days. Now, the rep said I gotta wait another 30 days for me to get my money back. They said that the other place had to hold on to it, but it was really them that had the hold on it. They didn’t wanna send an email to the other place where I got to spend the money. They messed up something on their end and had to hold that money until the other company would say they wouldn't touch it.

Price

Reviewed May 10, 2024

If you need money Don’t go to TitleMax!!! They will really rip you off! I have had a loan with them for over three years and I don’t have the money to pay extra so I can’t get it paid off!! Everything goes to the interest

Reviewed May 8, 2024

The staff at this location was very helpful and very professional. They made the experience quick and easy. I would recommend Ms. Deborah ** if you are in the Columbia area. She made sure I understood everything.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I applied for a title loan with TitleMax and it took about 40 minutes. Their rep was really helpful. She did everything and anything I asked, she gave me answers. They were a little bit high on the interest but it was fair.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I got an unsecured loan for $900. Yesterday I called and asked the manager at TitleMax if they could lower the payment as I'm out of work. She said no. When I got the loan, I had a job and I wouldn't have been worried because I had an extra 1,000 to 1,200 a month. I'm dissatisfied. I've not had any problems with them except for this time. I have had loans with them six times over the years. Except for the high interest, it's been easy to do. I've always paid them back except one time when I had to file a bankruptcy.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

The lending process with TitleMax was smooth, easy, and fast. I took out a loan against my title for my car. They took pictures of my car and I got approved the same day. I saw the rep go outside with an iPad and she took pictures of the mileage on the odometer, and then she took pictures of the inside and the outside of the car. The reps were good professionally. I called one time because I had a question and they answered it. There were no issues with customer support. As far as payments, they gave me two options. I can pay back one time in one month or I could do it out monthly, but the rep did tell me that I will be paying back more if I pay it monthly versus if I just knocked it out with a one-time payment. Overall, the process with TitleMax is smooth and easy as long as you got everything you need, but be careful of the interest if you can't pay it back.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I like TitleMax' speed of the approval process and that we got the money instantly. We needed it instantly. The rep I worked with was fabulous. That girl has a know-how. She was very quick and knowledgeable. If you are in a bind and needs fast cash, this is the place to go.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I went into TitleMax and I was treated fairly. The reps were decent people and I was impressed with the customer service. The process from start to finish took about 45 minutes and I was able to wait. I will refer TitleMax.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

It'll take you too long to pay off a loan with TitleMax. If you borrow $3,000, you got to pay it out within a month's time. Otherwise, you'll be paying $500. If you pay that $500 and the next month comes around, you still got to pay that $3500 loan. It's like you're really paying them $4,000. That $500 is not going towards the payment. I don't like the way it's set up, but I had no choice but to get it. We're very dissatisfied.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I dealt with TitleMax some years back. They were real friendly and nice and there's no pressure on you, like some lending places do. They worked with me and got positive attitude from everybody, which plays a big part with me. They had a screen right there by me and they told me look at the screen. As I went on, they explained everything page by page, bit by bit. The rep was real helpful and made everything easy. I recommend them to all my friends.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

The lending process at TitleMax was quick and easy. When I had put out all the information, it got done very quickly. The lady that I was working with was very nice.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

This is my second time with TitleMax. The first time, everything went smoothly. I got it all paid off and got it returned. And now, my second time, everything is going well. I came in, sat down and they guided me through the whole thing with the agreements. I asked, like I always do, what the monthly interest and everything is gonna be on it. They let me know. They did the process where they went through the vehicle and took pictures and they got me set up. The first time, it took about an hour. But that was because I was a new customer. The second time, it was not long at all. It took about 15 minutes. The reps were excellent and very nice.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

The location of TitleMax was convenient for me and the person I spoke with was polite and she explained everything to me. My experience was good.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I got a title loan from TitleMax and it was super easy. The rep made sure that I understood the terms of the loan. They were super courteous, understanding and will do everything in their power to be able to help you out. The annual percentage rates are a little high. But I don't plan on having the loan for that long. Early repayment is the way I'm gonna go with that.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

The rep made me feel welcome and made the process quick. She wasn't pushing me and explained everything like she was supposed to. It was a wonderful experience with her. I would recommend TitleMax if you need something quickly. Hopefully, you don't need it too long though because it's very expensive. But if you need something for one time, it is worth it.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Great experience, best place to get a car loan. Loved the people, was very fast and suuuuuper easy. Got bills paid. You won't regret this decision to take the opportunity. It wasn't hard at all. Thank you so much

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Loved the experience, quick and easy, got me what I needed. The person working with me went above and beyond what they had to! Would recommend to anybody in need. They got a great group of people here. Good stuff

Reviewed April 24, 2024

TitleMax is okay other than the fact that their computers are always down. Sometimes, we can't make the payments online, and I've had to go in to make the payments. It's not a bad thing but it can be an inconvenience. I did a title loan through them some years ago. That was a really quick get in, get out type of situation. I took a decent-sized loan, which I was able to pay off on my first check. This time, we were in the process of moving and we wanted to make sure we had some cushion cash. So, I used our secondary vehicle to take the title loan so that we can have some extra cash on hand just in case, which ended up being a good thing.

In the past, the process took an hour and a half at TitleMax. This latest time was a couple hours. The rep couldn't get the processing go through because everything went down. We were just sitting there for a while. She was very friendly. She sat there and chatted with us and talked to us about everything that was going on. We talked about a lot of different personal things relative to what was happening and make comparison. It made us feel comfortable, though. After everything was completed, we received the funds right then and there before we walked out the door. We did the electronic transfer. It went straight on into the account.

Reviewed April 22, 2024

The lending process was easy. They looked at the truck and took pictures and I had to sign. Since my mom's on the title loan, they had her sign for her to verify that she knew that I was getting a loan with the title. It took a little over 30 minutes to be completed but it was just because they had two people in front of me. Also, the rep was very helpful since I'm pretty young and I don't know anything about loans. She would dumb it down for me, which I really appreciated, and she made me feel okay that I was asking a lot of questions. I really appreciated her.

Pinned

Thanks for choosing us and sharing your experience!

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I got approved for the small loan at first then I had to complete the full loan the next day. I met them face to face at the store then I called the second store that mine got transferred to and saw them in person. They walked me through the process on the computer and over the phone for my app on the phone. The only issue that I had is it would not put the large sum of funds directly onto my debit card, so I then had to get a MoneyGram then go to Walmart to get the cash. That was an additional process that wasn't the funniest. Other than that, everything was excellent with Titlemax.

Pinned

Your feedback is highly valued, Misty! Thanks for sharing.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed April 22, 2024

The application process was quick. I did some online, and the website was easy to use. Someone then called me and everything was good. They confirmed my application, then they told they would send it over to TitleMax and by the time I get there, everything should be there with them. Overall, I had a good experience with TitleMax. They accommodated me and my needs, and I like the way they do things now. They give the money. People don't have to go running around trying to find a bank. The clerk was a nice person too.

Pinned

Thank you for trusting us. We are here to help when you need us.

StaffProcess

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I got a TitleMax loan using my title to my car. Their overall lending process was very good. I walked in there and everything there went well. I had to go somewhere to get my title changed over because it was out of state title, and that was when I had my problems. But as far as TitleMax was concerned, I had a good experience. I would recommend the location to anybody that run into a glitch and needed to get finances. The guy there was really nice. After I got all the information that I needed to have, I got back there. In about 30 minutes, I was in and out. I had funds into my account immediately. It was a good process.

Pinned

We’re so glad you enjoyed your time at your local TitleMax!

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I got a cash loan from TitleMax. They're an excellent company for those in a certain situation and need to borrow a certain amount of money. Whoever introduced their business establishment instantly became successful without a doubt, because you just can't find vendors that lend straight cash out. The lending process took around 15 minutes and their reps were very cordial. They were respectful and they suggested other things.

Pinned

We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant experience, Leslie!

Online & App

Reviewed April 20, 2024

The application process was good and the lending process took something like seven minutes. They took me through the steps and what I had to sign. There are two payments I have to pay back, which are higher and don't take anything off, and then it's the regular payment.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing, Porcha! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I had a good experience with TitleMax. The rep had good customer service. She explained everything to me in a form that I can understand. I was asking questions like, "Should I pay it off fast?" Because I like to pay it off fast but most people tell me, "Don't pay it off fast because they will report to the credit." She said it's not like that.

Pinned

Thanks for choosing TitleMax! We appreciate you.

StaffProcess

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I had to get a quick loan out on my truck. The whole process at TitleMax took more than a day because they were having some issues with their computer. I ended up being there for two hours on the first day. Then we couldn't do it because I had to go pick up my kids, so I left. The next day, I had to go back and finish it all. But it was okay. It wasn't bad. I understand things happen. Other than that, it was really good. The reps were really nice and friendly. They did the best they could to help me out. So I appreciate them. They were good.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing, Christopher! We hope to see you again soon.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 20, 2024

The people at TitleMax were nice and friendly. But what I got to pay back to get my title, I don't like it. I'm making every effort possible and I'm probably gonna do a loan and get my title back. Then I'll pay my loan off. It'll be much cheaper. But they did what I needed at that time and everything was good. They were good.

Pinned

Thanks for choosing us and sharing your experience!

PricePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed April 20, 2024

The application process with TitleMax was a lot but it was fast and easy. The reps were attentive and answered all questions. TitleMax helped me but I'm still not too fond of it. The money that you pay for the interest is very high, and that only saves it until the next month. I'm paying 700 some dollars just to keep it open till the following month. That's not going towards the principal at all.

Reviewed April 20, 2024

TitleMax is a lot better than other lenders. I am happy with them. The rep was informative and helpful. I got an award letter from one of my employers but they weren't able to use that. She told me they could still process information from my second job. TitleMax makes it a quick process to pay off your payday loan, so I would continue to use them again if ever I need to, and I'll refer family to them.

Pinned

We appreciate your valuable feedback, Helen. Your satisfaction is what drives us, and we can’t wait to welcome you back for another outstanding experience at TitleMax.

Reviewed April 20, 2024

It was very easy with TitleMax. They're the best ones to go through.

Pinned

This review made our day, Sherrie! Thanks for sharing your experience at TitleMax.

Reviewed April 20, 2024

TitleMax doesn't charge high interest, everything was explained and it was an easy process. The rep answered all the questions that I had to ask.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed April 19, 2024

TitleMax was great. They were very polite and understanding, explained everything, made sure I knew what I was signing. And the process was quick and easy.

Pinned

Thank you, Zykhila! Let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

Process

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Working with TitleMax helped me out a lot. Their lending process was great and easy, and the lending processor was good.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

TitleMax helped me. It was good customer service. They were nice about it. It was very simple and quick. I was able to get the loan that I needed at the time that I needed it.