Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Regional Finance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was sent a check in the mail. I cashed it, deposited it in my checking account. I got a very nice courtesy call saying my loan has started. I make my monthly payments online. I called to make sure they got my first payment. They let me know they certainly did. I was told if I needed anything else to give them a call. I may check into a car loan after I pay off my loan. I am very happy with this company.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The Cleveland, TN, branch will lie and tell you one thing and even go so far as to have you sign papers, and they turn around and do the opposite. They constantly ask us to renew our loan or told us we don't need this insurance on the loan anymore and we can have it removed to reduce the payment and amount owed… Long story short, they wasted our time and lied and we will never use them again and I would recommend anyone considering using them to be wary of their tactics and lies.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Long story short. A fraudulent loan was taken out in my daughter’s name by someone she knew. That person then waited for mail to come each day, stole the check out of our mailbox and forged it. Regional Finance has done nothing to help rectify this situation and continues to call harassing my daughter for payment. So they continually victimize her all over again while also helping to bring her credit score down to nothing. Great job Regional Finance. I will be sure to continue to tell our story to everyone we know so they don’t use you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

So around Christmas I am on vacation. Wanting to buy something for my wife who was stationed overseas. Need some extra cash. Was in the area. Very early. Went inside. Woman told me she was available to talk about personal loans. Gave her my information. We discuss options and financing terms and employment for about 30 minutes. She receives a phone call. I am waiting for another 30 to 40 minutes. The associate says to me "I apologize. That was my manager. He wants to know if you're a member of the military". "Yes maam. I am". "I'm sorry sir but we don't do business with anyone associated with the military or government. Whether it be local state or federal. It's a company policy. I will delete this information and hope you have a good day".

I was flabbergasted at how this was handled. I went outside and went to the grocery store next door. About an hour passed. And I went back inside to ask to speak to the manager. He said to me. "I just don't wanna take the risk of you guys not paying me. It's hard to contact you and you guys move all over the place. And if you die. Well I don't get paid on my loan. The 6% really bugs me. We typically have high interest loans and it's not really worth the hassle to go thru the Relief Acts 6% interest rate ruling. I'm very sorry but I'm in the business to make money. Not give it away."

I knew there were other available sources to me and it was based upon a whim of hope that a private company would assist me. It was Christmas and the options I normally had available were very slim on assistance because of the holidays. But the treatment I received at this facility was terrible. To be denied because of my workplace and lifestyle. It actually hurt to think that my employment may cause issues like this. I don't know if this was a privately owned franchise of the company but it made me not want to come back again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was pre-approved from this company (Regional Finance) and I gave them more information when I called them. They said they would call back and let me know the status before 6 pm that day and I never heard back from them. I called back 4 days later to inquire about my application and they act like I had never called them at all. The lady on the phone came back after a short while a said we wouldn’t have ever given you a pre-approval anyway because your credit score is too low for us and hung up.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I received a $2000 check in the mail today. I was going to cash it but there is one question on the back that I cannot answer. So I called the company and inquired about said question and what I should put down for an answer. Allison said she would call me back shortly. A half hour goes by... I call again. Gavin answers the phone. I inquire my question again and he says he will ask Allison. Another half hour goes by so I call again (I was pressed for time because my bank was going to close soon) and he answers again and tells me he is busy with customers. (Umm... What exactly am I? Not a customer?)

Another hour goes by. Allison picks up when I call again. She said she would call me back before they closed. So I wait about 45 minutes then call again and...they're closed. Go figure. Now my bank is closed and can't get the loan when I really need the money to pick up my hearing aids tomorrow. I guess I'll look elsewhere for a stinking loan! All I wanted and needed was a simple answer to a simple question. I'm done with these guys.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Rude, unprofessional, they call and expect you to drop what you're doing to pay them or they become rude and hang up on you. I hate this place and will never go back. I explained I was in the hospital with my wife and I'll call her back when I get a sec to do so and the lady on the phone says "well we are open until 6 then so I'll be waiting your call. I then again said I'm in the hospital with my wife. I'll take care of it when I can and she says, "Well if you dont call I'll be calling you again today and every day..." What is that a threat? I told her she had no compassion for what is happening in people's lives the very sec that they call and they expect everyone can drop what they are doing to give you a payment when they feel is a good time to call. So she says over my voice while I was talking I'll be calling you later and every day and hangs up on me. Ridiculous. Her name is Latasha or something from the Bryan TX area.

Original review: March 1, 2019

These wonderful people decided to wait almost a year to add a old account as a new account which then magically changed to a negative all in the matter of one week. My account was opened in August and the smart lady decided to add it on January 20 2019 and default February 2 2019. They never reported any of the on-time payments or the past pay off. She made it personal for some reason. She brought her husband to court with her for a business matter as if someone had threatened her. Smh at Regional and your ** unprofessional employee. Be aware I believe she will try to miss with your credit report. I'm getting someone to fix the damage she's done. Not today Not this time.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

This company calls and hangs up in your face on purpose like children. They play on the phones after hours and even if you just spoken to them a few minutes ago. The employees are very rude and unprofessional toward customers. They have the highest interest rates I have ever seen on a loan. This place will not last long if they don't get their employees under control. I will never get any more services from this company at all. Very bad company...

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I had 2 different account with them. I paid off one and got another one. I made 2 large payments to them and advised my account was paid off. 8 months later I get a call from them stating I have a balance. I told the young man my account was paid off per the last person who took my payment. The manager gets on the phone and tell me the guy is longer with the company for giving false information to the customers.

They are now saying I owe $1600 because of the finance charges and at the time of my last payment my balance was only $800 and I am responsible for it. She is a new manager there per our conversation because the office was not organized. Now I am held responsible for their bad business practice. No phone calls or anything in 8 months but now I owe you money. I agreed to pay what they claim was owed 8 months ago but she want the finance charges for something their employee was wrong about. These people are scammers and need to be shut down.

Regional Finance Company Information