Laurens, SC

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Regional Finance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

Original review: March 29, 2020

A few weeks ago, I was notified of a loan taken out under my name and was being asked to pay $1500 within a 48 month period. I never took out a loan before and was confused about how it occurred. The loan organization explained to me that they mail checks to possible customers. Once endorsed with email, phone number, I.D., and signature the check can be cashed and the loan is activated. My signature was forged on this check with fake phone number and email address. The I.D. number used was an old expired I.D. of mine that went missing years ago. I put in a dispute with TransUnion and Equifax, placed a freeze on my credit, filed a police report, and started an investigation with the corporate loan office. Despite all of this, I have not heard back from any of these entities and the loan is still active and affecting my credit score.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I called to request a 30 day extension. Office manager Ann advised me that the only way to get extension was to barrow more money. I'm trying to pay it off. Seems to me they want to keep the leash wrapped around my neck. I'm thinking of taking the money and file bankruptcy on their BOOTIES!!! Do yourself a favor if you see a check in the mail from them in your mail box don't throw it away don't cash it BURN IT on video and send it to them. Please do NOT do business with them..

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I had a loan with them and was paying it down. One of the loan specialist Irene in the Greensboro NC office offered to redo my loan and skip the next payment. They dont tell you they start the loan amount over to the original amount you were approved for. I had a balance of 800.00 and it went back to 15000.00 without them telling me. Scam. Will never use them in my life ever. Stay away.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I received a check in a mail regarding a short-term loan. I called to discuss the terms of the loan with the company. They explained all of the terms and directions to a physical office. I have been very pleased with this company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

The Regional Finance located on Port Washington Road in Glendale, Wisconsin provided a very professional experience and the customer service was superb!! I had almost completed an original loan with the company when I decided to see about refinancing that loan for a larger amount. Rob greeted me first since I was a bit early for my appt. with Dawn. I then worked with Dawn and completed the process very thoroughly, and I received not only the loan I requested, but all the information necessary. Everything went perfectly with the initial loan over a year ago and with the new loan now which not only paid off the old loan, but allowed for the extra cash I requested. I have only good things to say about this branch. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I was under the impression that they we're a good company but my experience was very bad. They had a hidden agenda and unethical practices. I was charged way more than I was approved for and my payments were even higher.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The people are all smiles but they only care about you putting your signature on that piece of paper. They do not give a damn why you need the money. They only want to say is "I got another one" but they better be careful because GOD does not like people who does wrong.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Sent me a notice asking me to renew. After getting 3 notices, I gave in. Talked to the Manager on the phone. Told me I only needed to come in and sign the papers, and everything was set. After I got there and did all that was required, I was told they made a mistake and because I am a Renter, I could not renew my loan. I was a renter when I got the loan in the first place. I have been renting for over 40 years. I am a 100% Disabled American Veteran and Retired. I believe that because I am an Old Man, is why they changed their mind. I wasted my time accepting their offer. If you are OLD and A DISABLED AMERICAN VETERAN, don't waste your time.

Prof D

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

This company sent me a check in the mail at the end of 2016 for $2000.00. I cashed the check and paid it off in December of 2018. I was happy that I had paid it off, but then the young lady in the office talked me into getting another loan. Well like an idiot, I took another loan with this company. I made payments on up to June 2019, however I had left my job in March 2019 with an health issue and I was not able to make any more payments. I am now receiving my social security but they are not the full benefits. This company is now suing me in August for a missed payments in June and July. I am letting consumers know that if you have to borrow from your family, friends, or church, do not make the same mistake that I have made.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Had high loan. When I figured it out, I was paying 300 % interest. My loan was supposed to be 27% so lady there said the higher the the loan, higher the interest in GASTONIA NC office. 300% - I will be reporting this to the BBB in North Carolina.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I would advise everyone to STAY AWAY from this company. The interest rate is terrible and the way it is applied is designed to keep you in debt. Most of the staff is new and relatively untrained so you will NOT get good service. Of course, this means that you get a lot of misinformation. If there is no other option for you (as there was not for me at one point), pay it off as quickly as possible. But be prepared for frustration because their loan structure is not designed to help you.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was sent a check in the mail. I cashed it, deposited it in my checking account. I got a very nice courtesy call saying my loan has started. I make my monthly payments online. I called to make sure they got my first payment. They let me know they certainly did. I was told if I needed anything else to give them a call. I may check into a car loan after I pay off my loan. I am very happy with this company.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The Cleveland, TN, branch will lie and tell you one thing and even go so far as to have you sign papers, and they turn around and do the opposite. They constantly ask us to renew our loan or told us we don't need this insurance on the loan anymore and we can have it removed to reduce the payment and amount owed… Long story short, they wasted our time and lied and we will never use them again and I would recommend anyone considering using them to be wary of their tactics and lies.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Long story short. A fraudulent loan was taken out in my daughter’s name by someone she knew. That person then waited for mail to come each day, stole the check out of our mailbox and forged it. Regional Finance has done nothing to help rectify this situation and continues to call harassing my daughter for payment. So they continually victimize her all over again while also helping to bring her credit score down to nothing. Great job Regional Finance. I will be sure to continue to tell our story to everyone we know so they don’t use you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

So around Christmas I am on vacation. Wanting to buy something for my wife who was stationed overseas. Need some extra cash. Was in the area. Very early. Went inside. Woman told me she was available to talk about personal loans. Gave her my information. We discuss options and financing terms and employment for about 30 minutes. She receives a phone call. I am waiting for another 30 to 40 minutes. The associate says to me "I apologize. That was my manager. He wants to know if you're a member of the military". "Yes maam. I am". "I'm sorry sir but we don't do business with anyone associated with the military or government. Whether it be local state or federal. It's a company policy. I will delete this information and hope you have a good day".

I was flabbergasted at how this was handled. I went outside and went to the grocery store next door. About an hour passed. And I went back inside to ask to speak to the manager. He said to me. "I just don't wanna take the risk of you guys not paying me. It's hard to contact you and you guys move all over the place. And if you die. Well I don't get paid on my loan. The 6% really bugs me. We typically have high interest loans and it's not really worth the hassle to go thru the Relief Acts 6% interest rate ruling. I'm very sorry but I'm in the business to make money. Not give it away."

I knew there were other available sources to me and it was based upon a whim of hope that a private company would assist me. It was Christmas and the options I normally had available were very slim on assistance because of the holidays. But the treatment I received at this facility was terrible. To be denied because of my workplace and lifestyle. It actually hurt to think that my employment may cause issues like this. I don't know if this was a privately owned franchise of the company but it made me not want to come back again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was pre-approved from this company (Regional Finance) and I gave them more information when I called them. They said they would call back and let me know the status before 6 pm that day and I never heard back from them. I called back 4 days later to inquire about my application and they act like I had never called them at all. The lady on the phone came back after a short while a said we wouldn’t have ever given you a pre-approval anyway because your credit score is too low for us and hung up.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I received a $2000 check in the mail today. I was going to cash it but there is one question on the back that I cannot answer. So I called the company and inquired about said question and what I should put down for an answer. Allison said she would call me back shortly. A half hour goes by... I call again. Gavin answers the phone. I inquire my question again and he says he will ask Allison. Another half hour goes by so I call again (I was pressed for time because my bank was going to close soon) and he answers again and tells me he is busy with customers. (Umm... What exactly am I? Not a customer?)

Another hour goes by. Allison picks up when I call again. She said she would call me back before they closed. So I wait about 45 minutes then call again and...they're closed. Go figure. Now my bank is closed and can't get the loan when I really need the money to pick up my hearing aids tomorrow. I guess I'll look elsewhere for a stinking loan! All I wanted and needed was a simple answer to a simple question. I'm done with these guys.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Rude, unprofessional, they call and expect you to drop what you're doing to pay them or they become rude and hang up on you. I hate this place and will never go back. I explained I was in the hospital with my wife and I'll call her back when I get a sec to do so and the lady on the phone says "well we are open until 6 then so I'll be waiting your call. I then again said I'm in the hospital with my wife. I'll take care of it when I can and she says, "Well if you dont call I'll be calling you again today and every day..." What is that a threat? I told her she had no compassion for what is happening in people's lives the very sec that they call and they expect everyone can drop what they are doing to give you a payment when they feel is a good time to call. So she says over my voice while I was talking I'll be calling you later and every day and hangs up on me. Ridiculous. Her name is Latasha or something from the Bryan TX area.

Original review: March 1, 2019

These wonderful people decided to wait almost a year to add a old account as a new account which then magically changed to a negative all in the matter of one week. My account was opened in August and the smart lady decided to add it on January 20 2019 and default February 2 2019. They never reported any of the on-time payments or the past pay off. She made it personal for some reason. She brought her husband to court with her for a business matter as if someone had threatened her. Smh at Regional and your ** unprofessional employee. Be aware I believe she will try to miss with your credit report. I'm getting someone to fix the damage she's done. Not today Not this time.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

This company calls and hangs up in your face on purpose like children. They play on the phones after hours and even if you just spoken to them a few minutes ago. The employees are very rude and unprofessional toward customers. They have the highest interest rates I have ever seen on a loan. This place will not last long if they don't get their employees under control. I will never get any more services from this company at all. Very bad company...

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I had 2 different account with them. I paid off one and got another one. I made 2 large payments to them and advised my account was paid off. 8 months later I get a call from them stating I have a balance. I told the young man my account was paid off per the last person who took my payment. The manager gets on the phone and tell me the guy is longer with the company for giving false information to the customers.

They are now saying I owe $1600 because of the finance charges and at the time of my last payment my balance was only $800 and I am responsible for it. She is a new manager there per our conversation because the office was not organized. Now I am held responsible for their bad business practice. No phone calls or anything in 8 months but now I owe you money. I agreed to pay what they claim was owed 8 months ago but she want the finance charges for something their employee was wrong about. These people are scammers and need to be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is absolutely the worst company. Extremely rude. Today, I received a call from the manager. I've told them several times I'm enrolled in a debt relief program. He tried to shame me for my decision. Basically, told me I was stupid. I had to threaten them with the FCC and Better Business Bureau before they would leave me alone. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I took out a loan from Regional Finance before reading reviews. After reading the reviews I got a bit worried since many are negative. At the beginning of 2019, my debit card was used to make unauthorized purchases and my bank canceled all charges that were charged to it, including payments to Regional Finance. Due to the mix up with the bank, it has messed up my account with Regional. I have talked to the manager at the local office and also the manager in charge of electronic payments. They were both very helpful and assured me they would do everything they can to help me straighten my situation out.

I'm dealing with the bank and Regional and hopefully everything will be straightened out soon. I'm writing this review to let everyone know that everyone has different experiences with all companies, but it seems mostly that only the bad ones get posted. My experience with Regional started out bad, but only because of the person I was talking to. Once I got to the right person (and in my case it was 3 different right people), who knew how to listen and how to do their job properly, everything turned out fine. I'm no longer worried about other people's bad reviews. I'm just going by my own experience. I'll keep doing business with Regional ad liking ads I need to.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I live in Buffalo New York. We are under a state of emergency. There’s a blizzard. I can't get out to cash my checks. Have not been to work and I have a payment due tomorrow. I have a payment extension due tomorrow and they will not give me till Saturday to make the payment. They tell me because I was behind due to two deaths in my family children dying that they are unable to help me. Basically I need to get out in the blizzard and go try to cash my check to pay them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

These people lack DECENT Customer Service skills. They will talk about you right in front of your face. I complained to management. The next time I went there management joined in! They show no respect for the customer, they are all just a bunch of bullies who talk about the customer in unfavorable fashion right in front of their face! I beg of you Not to go to Regional Finance in Charlotte NC, particularly the one on Independence Blvd. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I was viewing the request on the website. Some are good of course and others not so good. I have a car loan with them for about 2 years now. Making arrangements is fine. Customer service needs help. The reps sound rude when talking to you and some of the reps will take time to help you in any way possible. Overall I have a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have been a customer for several years. I pay early and over the amount due. I received a flyer/called/was approved/for a loan. Bank accounts exceed 5000.00 of income. 3 paychecks deposits. I am P.O.A. for handicap mother/payee/V.A. & SSI caregiver. This is income. They refused all my income. 1- was month $6500 all bank statements. The real issue was the staff was all **. Was treated with such prejudice because of the color of my skin. I'm **. I qualified based on my bank statements and payment history. They approved me over the phone... I would not recommend this company for any financial needs. I recommend Going elsewhere. This was the Garner, NC location.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

DO NOT use this finance company. If you default on your loan they send the constable to your home. They won't work with you on a payment plan. HORRIBLE. They don't understand hard times. DO NOT use this finance company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I got prequalified for a loan, which did not affect my credit score. This is why I applied. I contacted my local branch, as recommended and went through the additional steps to qualify for a loan. The person I spoke to, Travis, advised me that he would follow up with me within the hour. About a minute after I get the alert from Credit Karma, advising me that someone has checked my credit, which added a new hard inquiry, lowering my score, I get a call back from Travis, who is yelling in the background at someone else so loudly that I had to repeat myself when I answered the phone. Unprofessional.

Then he tells me, and I quote: "Oh yeah about that loan application, we couldn't do nothing with that." Unprofessional again. I paused, waiting for him to continue, and when he didn't, I had to ask why. His response, again, I quote: "Something about some derogatory items on your credit report...". Very, very unprofessional. So I assume I'll be receiving a letter in the mail informing me of their decision, but I had a bad feeling about applying with this company, and I should have listened instead of going against my better judgment. I can't speak on their lending services, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Zoca Loans is a little better than this, as far as personal loans, and their loans don't impact your credit score.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had gotten a loan from Regional Finance a little over a year ago. This was the first time using them, and it was relatively easy to get a loan. Good credit score, good payment history, good employment history, etc. I paid my loan on time every month. Actually I paid a little bit more than the minimum. Generally how I do things, try to get ahead or get paid off sooner. I was terminated from a job that I had been at for over 8 years, due to no fault of my own. I applied for unemployment, and there was an inquiry on why I was terminated, and they determined I was let go for no reason and I qualified for unemployment.

For those of you that don’t know, unemployment is not enough to live on, not enough to pay the bills, it’s a fraction of what you made before. So, I started to shuffle bills, and I was slowly getting behind on things. Once I started to get behind on this loan, these guys called me 3-5 times a day. I told them I was unemployed now, on unemployment, and I will try to pay them when I am able to. I had a family I had to feed, lights to keep on at my home, and cars to maintain so I could search for a job and my wife could take the kids to school. Even after telling them I was unemployed, they continued to call every day, “just checking to see if you found a job.” I truly get they want to get paid.

At one point, I got to 60 days behind, I was still looking for work. I also was fighting to keep my house out of Foreclosure. I told them I was still looking for work, and my home was about to go into foreclosure, and I would pay them as soon as I got a job and income was coming in. About a week later, the constable shows up at my door and they are taking me to court to put a lien on my home. I got a job about 2 weeks later. I started to get my bills caught up. I saved my house from foreclosure, that’s the good part. The bad part is, my mortgage went up almost 2.5 times the normal amount. So, now I am commuting to a job over 50 miles away, more in gas/car maintenance, and I bring home less than I did while on unemployment. I have made 4 of my 12 payments, and I am starting to fall behind... now they are harassing me again.

I have a loan from another place that is similar to Regional, they are the financier for my car. I will say this much, I have called them, told them my situation, and they are working with me. They are like, "Life happens, we get it, we’ll work with you and try to help." After all is said and done. I have recommended they other place to many people, and I make sure I tell them to steer away from Regional Finance. They are easy to get a loan with, but they don’t care if life happens. Again, I know I got the loan, and I know I have to pay it back. That is not an issue. The issue is they don’t care when things happen that are beyond your control. Lesson learned. This company is not one I will ever deal with or recommend to anyone. Never again is all I will say.

Regional Finance Company Information