Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.49/5

Laurens, SC

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

157 Regional Finance Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was sent a check in the mail. I cashed it, deposited it in my checking account. I got a very nice courtesy call saying my loan has started. I make my monthly payments online. I called to make sure they got my first payment. They let me know they certainly did. I was told if I needed anything else to give them a call. I may check into a car loan after I pay off my loan. I am very happy with this company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I took out a loan from Regional Finance before reading reviews. After reading the reviews I got a bit worried since many are negative. At the beginning of 2019, my debit card was used to make unauthorized purchases and my bank canceled all charges that were charged to it, including payments to Regional Finance. Due to the mix up with the bank, it has messed up my account with Regional. I have talked to the manager at the local office and also the manager in charge of electronic payments. They were both very helpful and assured me they would do everything they can to help me straighten my situation out.

I'm dealing with the bank and Regional and hopefully everything will be straightened out soon. I'm writing this review to let everyone know that everyone has different experiences with all companies, but it seems mostly that only the bad ones get posted. My experience with Regional started out bad, but only because of the person I was talking to. Once I got to the right person (and in my case it was 3 different right people), who knew how to listen and how to do their job properly, everything turned out fine. I'm no longer worried about other people's bad reviews. I'm just going by my own experience. I'll keep doing business with Regional ad liking ads I need to.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I was viewing the request on the website. Some are good of course and others not so good. I have a car loan with them for about 2 years now. Making arrangements is fine. Customer service needs help. The reps sound rude when talking to you and some of the reps will take time to help you in any way possible. Overall I have a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I got the This is a Real Loan Check in the mail. I typically shred these offers as most are scams or the interest rates/repayment is stupid high. This time I laid it aside for some reason. I found it a few days later when tidying up my desk. I decided to research the company and really look at the attached Promissory Note and the APR and other fees. I decided to call them to get more information. I wanted to be sure that if I took the offer, I could pay it off early with no fee. I was told yes and that there would be no fee other than the interest that would be charged for whatever the length of the loan was. And there was a $100 fee that is charged for everyone. I told them that I would call again later and decide if I wanted to do it.

I waited a couple more days and decided to cash the check. I have made all payments early. I have had zero issues with them. I knew ahead of time the terms of the loan, the APR, etc. My check was for $2400 and my payments are $138 per month. I double pay each month in order to pay down the loan faster. I am offered additional money for loan each time, but I decline. I will be paying the loan off at the beginning of the year. They have reported to credit bureaus, which has helped my credit. I think as long as you read the terms of the loan and then adhere to them, you will be fine. Of course if you fail to pay or otherwise default - they are going to come after you. Their job is to loan money and to collect their money back - not feel sorry for you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I don’t have the best credit, I needed a loan. I went to Regional and they gave me what I needed. Never had a problem with them. Everyone in the office is kind and very courteous. My experience was good. I paid my first loan off, later on I got another loan. If you get in a bind financially they will try to help you work it out. Love this company. No problems here!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

Original review: June 5, 2019

The Cleveland, TN, branch will lie and tell you one thing and even go so far as to have you sign papers, and they turn around and do the opposite. They constantly ask us to renew our loan or told us we don't need this insurance on the loan anymore and we can have it removed to reduce the payment and amount owed… Long story short, they wasted our time and lied and we will never use them again and I would recommend anyone considering using them to be wary of their tactics and lies.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Long story short. A fraudulent loan was taken out in my daughter’s name by someone she knew. That person then waited for mail to come each day, stole the check out of our mailbox and forged it. Regional Finance has done nothing to help rectify this situation and continues to call harassing my daughter for payment. So they continually victimize her all over again while also helping to bring her credit score down to nothing. Great job Regional Finance. I will be sure to continue to tell our story to everyone we know so they don’t use you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

So around Christmas I am on vacation. Wanting to buy something for my wife who was stationed overseas. Need some extra cash. Was in the area. Very early. Went inside. Woman told me she was available to talk about personal loans. Gave her my information. We discuss options and financing terms and employment for about 30 minutes. She receives a phone call. I am waiting for another 30 to 40 minutes. The associate says to me "I apologize. That was my manager. He wants to know if you're a member of the military". "Yes maam. I am". "I'm sorry sir but we don't do business with anyone associated with the military or government. Whether it be local state or federal. It's a company policy. I will delete this information and hope you have a good day".

I was flabbergasted at how this was handled. I went outside and went to the grocery store next door. About an hour passed. And I went back inside to ask to speak to the manager. He said to me. "I just don't wanna take the risk of you guys not paying me. It's hard to contact you and you guys move all over the place. And if you die. Well I don't get paid on my loan. The 6% really bugs me. We typically have high interest loans and it's not really worth the hassle to go thru the Relief Acts 6% interest rate ruling. I'm very sorry but I'm in the business to make money. Not give it away."

I knew there were other available sources to me and it was based upon a whim of hope that a private company would assist me. It was Christmas and the options I normally had available were very slim on assistance because of the holidays. But the treatment I received at this facility was terrible. To be denied because of my workplace and lifestyle. It actually hurt to think that my employment may cause issues like this. I don't know if this was a privately owned franchise of the company but it made me not want to come back again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was pre-approved from this company (Regional Finance) and I gave them more information when I called them. They said they would call back and let me know the status before 6 pm that day and I never heard back from them. I called back 4 days later to inquire about my application and they act like I had never called them at all. The lady on the phone came back after a short while a said we wouldn’t have ever given you a pre-approval anyway because your credit score is too low for us and hung up.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I received a $2000 check in the mail today. I was going to cash it but there is one question on the back that I cannot answer. So I called the company and inquired about said question and what I should put down for an answer. Allison said she would call me back shortly. A half hour goes by... I call again. Gavin answers the phone. I inquire my question again and he says he will ask Allison. Another half hour goes by so I call again (I was pressed for time because my bank was going to close soon) and he answers again and tells me he is busy with customers. (Umm... What exactly am I? Not a customer?)

Another hour goes by. Allison picks up when I call again. She said she would call me back before they closed. So I wait about 45 minutes then call again and...they're closed. Go figure. Now my bank is closed and can't get the loan when I really need the money to pick up my hearing aids tomorrow. I guess I'll look elsewhere for a stinking loan! All I wanted and needed was a simple answer to a simple question. I'm done with these guys.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Rude, unprofessional, they call and expect you to drop what you're doing to pay them or they become rude and hang up on you. I hate this place and will never go back. I explained I was in the hospital with my wife and I'll call her back when I get a sec to do so and the lady on the phone says "well we are open until 6 then so I'll be waiting your call. I then again said I'm in the hospital with my wife. I'll take care of it when I can and she says, "Well if you dont call I'll be calling you again today and every day..." What is that a threat? I told her she had no compassion for what is happening in people's lives the very sec that they call and they expect everyone can drop what they are doing to give you a payment when they feel is a good time to call. So she says over my voice while I was talking I'll be calling you later and every day and hangs up on me. Ridiculous. Her name is Latasha or something from the Bryan TX area.

Original review: March 1, 2019

These wonderful people decided to wait almost a year to add a old account as a new account which then magically changed to a negative all in the matter of one week. My account was opened in August and the smart lady decided to add it on January 20 2019 and default February 2 2019. They never reported any of the on-time payments or the past pay off. She made it personal for some reason. She brought her husband to court with her for a business matter as if someone had threatened her. Smh at Regional and your ** unprofessional employee. Be aware I believe she will try to miss with your credit report. I'm getting someone to fix the damage she's done. Not today Not this time.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

This company calls and hangs up in your face on purpose like children. They play on the phones after hours and even if you just spoken to them a few minutes ago. The employees are very rude and unprofessional toward customers. They have the highest interest rates I have ever seen on a loan. This place will not last long if they don't get their employees under control. I will never get any more services from this company at all. Very bad company...

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I had 2 different account with them. I paid off one and got another one. I made 2 large payments to them and advised my account was paid off. 8 months later I get a call from them stating I have a balance. I told the young man my account was paid off per the last person who took my payment. The manager gets on the phone and tell me the guy is longer with the company for giving false information to the customers.

They are now saying I owe $1600 because of the finance charges and at the time of my last payment my balance was only $800 and I am responsible for it. She is a new manager there per our conversation because the office was not organized. Now I am held responsible for their bad business practice. No phone calls or anything in 8 months but now I owe you money. I agreed to pay what they claim was owed 8 months ago but she want the finance charges for something their employee was wrong about. These people are scammers and need to be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is absolutely the worst company. Extremely rude. Today, I received a call from the manager. I've told them several times I'm enrolled in a debt relief program. He tried to shame me for my decision. Basically, told me I was stupid. I had to threaten them with the FCC and Better Business Bureau before they would leave me alone. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I live in Buffalo New York. We are under a state of emergency. There’s a blizzard. I can't get out to cash my checks. Have not been to work and I have a payment due tomorrow. I have a payment extension due tomorrow and they will not give me till Saturday to make the payment. They tell me because I was behind due to two deaths in my family children dying that they are unable to help me. Basically I need to get out in the blizzard and go try to cash my check to pay them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

These people lack DECENT Customer Service skills. They will talk about you right in front of your face. I complained to management. The next time I went there management joined in! They show no respect for the customer, they are all just a bunch of bullies who talk about the customer in unfavorable fashion right in front of their face! I beg of you Not to go to Regional Finance in Charlotte NC, particularly the one on Independence Blvd. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have been a customer for several years. I pay early and over the amount due. I received a flyer/called/was approved/for a loan. Bank accounts exceed 5000.00 of income. 3 paychecks deposits. I am P.O.A. for handicap mother/payee/V.A. & SSI caregiver. This is income. They refused all my income. 1- was month $6500 all bank statements. The real issue was the staff was all **. Was treated with such prejudice because of the color of my skin. I'm **. I qualified based on my bank statements and payment history. They approved me over the phone... I would not recommend this company for any financial needs. I recommend Going elsewhere. This was the Garner, NC location.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

DO NOT use this finance company. If you default on your loan they send the constable to your home. They won't work with you on a payment plan. HORRIBLE. They don't understand hard times. DO NOT use this finance company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I got prequalified for a loan, which did not affect my credit score. This is why I applied. I contacted my local branch, as recommended and went through the additional steps to qualify for a loan. The person I spoke to, Travis, advised me that he would follow up with me within the hour. About a minute after I get the alert from Credit Karma, advising me that someone has checked my credit, which added a new hard inquiry, lowering my score, I get a call back from Travis, who is yelling in the background at someone else so loudly that I had to repeat myself when I answered the phone. Unprofessional.

Then he tells me, and I quote: "Oh yeah about that loan application, we couldn't do nothing with that." Unprofessional again. I paused, waiting for him to continue, and when he didn't, I had to ask why. His response, again, I quote: "Something about some derogatory items on your credit report...". Very, very unprofessional. So I assume I'll be receiving a letter in the mail informing me of their decision, but I had a bad feeling about applying with this company, and I should have listened instead of going against my better judgment. I can't speak on their lending services, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Zoca Loans is a little better than this, as far as personal loans, and their loans don't impact your credit score.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had gotten a loan from Regional Finance a little over a year ago. This was the first time using them, and it was relatively easy to get a loan. Good credit score, good payment history, good employment history, etc. I paid my loan on time every month. Actually I paid a little bit more than the minimum. Generally how I do things, try to get ahead or get paid off sooner. I was terminated from a job that I had been at for over 8 years, due to no fault of my own. I applied for unemployment, and there was an inquiry on why I was terminated, and they determined I was let go for no reason and I qualified for unemployment.

For those of you that don’t know, unemployment is not enough to live on, not enough to pay the bills, it’s a fraction of what you made before. So, I started to shuffle bills, and I was slowly getting behind on things. Once I started to get behind on this loan, these guys called me 3-5 times a day. I told them I was unemployed now, on unemployment, and I will try to pay them when I am able to. I had a family I had to feed, lights to keep on at my home, and cars to maintain so I could search for a job and my wife could take the kids to school. Even after telling them I was unemployed, they continued to call every day, “just checking to see if you found a job.” I truly get they want to get paid.

At one point, I got to 60 days behind, I was still looking for work. I also was fighting to keep my house out of Foreclosure. I told them I was still looking for work, and my home was about to go into foreclosure, and I would pay them as soon as I got a job and income was coming in. About a week later, the constable shows up at my door and they are taking me to court to put a lien on my home. I got a job about 2 weeks later. I started to get my bills caught up. I saved my house from foreclosure, that’s the good part. The bad part is, my mortgage went up almost 2.5 times the normal amount. So, now I am commuting to a job over 50 miles away, more in gas/car maintenance, and I bring home less than I did while on unemployment. I have made 4 of my 12 payments, and I am starting to fall behind... now they are harassing me again.

I have a loan from another place that is similar to Regional, they are the financier for my car. I will say this much, I have called them, told them my situation, and they are working with me. They are like, "Life happens, we get it, we’ll work with you and try to help." After all is said and done. I have recommended they other place to many people, and I make sure I tell them to steer away from Regional Finance. They are easy to get a loan with, but they don’t care if life happens. Again, I know I got the loan, and I know I have to pay it back. That is not an issue. The issue is they don’t care when things happen that are beyond your control. Lesson learned. This company is not one I will ever deal with or recommend to anyone. Never again is all I will say.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

This company gouges. Quite frankly they should not be allowed to make loans. I would recommend to anybody to go anywhere else but here. What they are doing borders on Criminal sir. Interest rates which border on usury and in no way, shape or form should this company be accredited.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have applied for loan through Regional Finance Coy. My agent name is Aisha. I have paid to this Coy Rs 107000/- for sanction of loan as a security money. They neither sanction my loan and nor refund my money. This is a fraud Coy and please no one try with this Coy as Aisha. She is a big cheater.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I recently purchased furniture from Bernie and Phyl's with the no credit check option to avoid impacting my credit score and the first thing they (West Creek Financial) was do a hard credit pull. Definitely not a "no credit check" as advertised! Buyer beware of this offer.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I took a loan February for $560. I made my first March 18th payment $60.00. On April 18th I made a payment of $300 and ask them for my payoff. They say was $398.00. I just made a payment of $100 and still owe $560.00? I'm trying so hard to pay this off but they keep adding instead of lowering. Is a ripoff. Please don't get cut on this payday loan. Works better or you will be tied for life with this rateros!

Original review: April 7, 2018

I purchased some furniture at Ashley furniture about one year ago. My payments were only $75 (my balance on the furniture was only $1083) and I made them on time. A few months back, the office in Houston started soliciting me about taking out an additional loan and combine my furniture loan. I went to the office to talk to them and a women told me that she could loan me an additional $3000 so I could pay off some credit cards. She combined the 2 loans together to make my monthly payment $143.00, which was fine.

When I called to make my first payment, the guy on the other end of the phone said no, my payment due was $240.00. I told him he was wrong because I never would have committed to a monthly payment that high. When I called to speak to a supervisor, he stammered around and first told me the amount I borrowed was $7,000, which was wrong. He then corrected himself and said $6,000. $1083 + $3000 = $4083. It scares me that they do not know what they are doing in this office. I have been trying to reach them by phone for 2 days now and no one is picking up PLUS they don't even have an answering service. Something is very fishy about this company and I am having them investigated. I would never recommend anyone to them. Bad Customer Service!

Original review: April 3, 2018

They are worse than loan sharks. As soon as you miss one payment they call you 4-8 times a day along with sending you text messages and emails. We had an emergency come up and were unable to make the payments for a couple of months. We notified them of it and they took it to court and sued us without ANY prior notice. We never even got a summons to go to court for this.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have used Regional Finance in the past, and I currently have another loan with them. I have absolutely no problem with them, in fact, they have been nothing but kind and considerate regarding my financial issues. I have paid my loan off early each time, and have no problem getting money when I need it. If you are responsible, pay your bills on time, and don't get too carried away with too many loans, using Regional Finance would not be a problem for you.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I obtained a loan from them in Savannah, Georgia on Abercorn Street. I am disabled and not working as I am on Social Security Retirement. I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and had to move with my son in Cincinnati, Ohio. I took out insurance and this insurance was to cover my payments if I could not pay. They constantly call me and family and friends. My credit is bad and should not have allowed them to approve the loan in the first place. Need help as they are trying to sue me. I have NOTHING. Had to put my property in Public Storage in Savannah, GA and lost 2 units to sale.

Original review: March 22, 2018

When I started with this company back in April of 2016 I was super excited. I had some struggles with going through a separation and they worked with me to get back on track. Then I had a baby and I was out of work for almost a year, as soon as I got any source of income I started paying them right away consistently. 2 months later I get a notice from an attorney for them that a writ of garnishment had been put in with a judge. I contacted Gabby the manager of this location in Albuquerque NM on Sequoia and she states she can stop it at anytime and to continue to make my payments and she will contact me later (which she never does, I believe this was to just get me off of the phone).

4 months go by and I receive a judgment that I am in default. Speak with their attorney. They were never notified that I was paying. Then almost 6 months go by I'm still making the normal payments and bam my payroll calls me to tell me a writ of garnishment had been put in for almost $2,400 and I only owed $1,600 the day I got the call I called regional to find out my balance. This company seems to care at first to get the loan but when you are with them for awhile and life happens they go down on you really quickly. They make promises they don't keep. In the long run they are going to hurt you more, there is a reason their rating are so low. You really don't need a loan that bad especially not from this company.

Please take the time to read people's reviews. We all can't be lying because we are made out to be horrible people. The company did not hire right with Gabby. There is no integrity with her. She just lies straight to your face and has an I'm going to get you attitude, we are all human beings no one is better than one person just because you have the power to hurt that person's credit. To make all this worse she spoke with me in February 2018 and never noted the account that we spoke, what she and I talked about and worse that she would call me back so she's even better at covering her tracks!!! Just don't do it. Not worth the problems.

Regional Finance Company Information