Regional Finance

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

Reviewed May 4, 2024

BEWARE!!!! This company is a big SCAM!!! They sent a check to an address that I haven't lived at over 12 years and it's funny how that got my current address and information. The lady told me to go to the office that is near me and I did get a copy of the check but they can't tell me what bank it was cashed at then they want you to fill out paperwork.

I was told all they needed was my DL and a bill like a mortgage, well dumb me gives them that and I made a police report and the lady told me I'm not obligated to give them anything that I should have not gave them anything and it's crazy how they want me to go do all this running around and waste gas and money on some papers they need me to sign in order for them to do their investigation. It's not fair cause I'm the victim, clearly that's not my signature. People be careful, it's hard doing a police report due to where currently live and the fraud was done, it's so much stuff you need to do!!! Also the ladies want to get their attitude and tell you well we are just going to keep reporting to the credit. EVER SINCE THIS HAPPENED, IT REALLY MESSED UP MY CREDIT.

Reviewed March 15, 2024

I notified in advance my payment would be delayed for unavoidable circumstances and was still charged a late fee, even after it was notated in my account. There was no apology or true understanding or inquiry about the circumstances of my situation.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 4, 2024

I wish I could get people fired from here. THIS IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY! They must hire anybody off the street because I should sue. They called my job to collect a payment, that I already had scheduled to be paid. I told them to never call my WORK again, and she brushed me off and added "Okay, so how are you going to make payment." I said, "Please Hold" so I could check my card balances to pick the right one. Remind you this lady took it upon herself to call my job, so the line is recorded, and I have evidence of her treating me this way. She hung up on me and then ILLEGALLY RAN MY CARD! I never permitted her to run my card, so that is jail time.

She also claims that I never scheduled a payment but it is on my account to be scheduled for yesterday. So I don't know how she couldn't see it but can't schedule a payment for yesterday, today. She is either lying or she's lying. The amount of harassment I have received from them when I pay on time and schedule my payments is ridiculous. I am furious and the location is 1804 Wirt Rd, Houston, TX 77055. This woman claimed to be the manager and never stated her name, but she should be fired immediately for doing illegal activity and harassment.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

I took out a $500 loan to build credit and ended up paying 3000.00 to have this acct closed June 2023. I looked into why my credit was being dragged to hell and come to find out these people are reporting my account to the credit bureau as late payment every month. I called corporate and was told to call the local branch just to be told they couldn’t do anything because the account was closed. Ramsey St. location has the nastiest customer service reps ever by the way. I was told to call corporate back; I spoke to a guy named Ed. He said that I’d been missing payments, the account was delinquent although I paid the account off. He stated that they have to report it to the credit agencies that way. I’m pretty sure this is illegal and very common of these people and this company. I can only imagine what other horror stories customers have regarding Regional Finance.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

Everyone needs to bypass this company. They will give you a loan, but will not tell you all details and what it entails. Very poor service and what you pay for their loans is ridiculous. You should not have to 14,000.00 for a 6,000. loan. As a customer, you should know the details of these loans. They will avoid your calls and avoid telling you what should be told.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2024

The check I deposited that was given to me from Regional Finance was charged back. At my suprise today when I looked at my account it's a complete disaster. I trusted in a company for a loan and after I deposited the check 3 days later I went from being in a bad situation to a WORSE situation. When I spoke with Nichole at Regional Finance she wasn't concerned. It's not her account the company has made a mess of. I was told to cash the check and now I'm out $480 in overdraft fees because I thought the funds were there and their check was returned. Horrible taste left in my mouth after this experience.

Profile pic of the author.
      PriceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2023

The people are nice and may give you a loan, but do not explain the loan details well. They charge interest rates over 29%. Also, the entire finance charge will automatically be placed as principal and you will be paying double interest (interest on the loan you borrowed and interest on the finance charge for the loan). For example if you receive a $4000 loan, their finance charge will be around $5000!!! for the loan. So instead of the finance charge being taken and paid over the life of the loan and you pay interest on the principal amount, they charge it upfront and your credit report will show that you have a $9000 loan.

You will pay interest on the entire $9k from day one, there for you are paying interest on the entire finance charge from day 1 Instead of over the life of the loan like a traditional loan. They charge every loan at 98%-%115 as a finance charge which is ridiculous and an high interest rate. If you need a loan, I do NOT recommend this type of loan… and after day 1, you cannot return it.. They force you to have loan insurance which is charge in, but the insurance does NOT allow for deferrals even if you pay on time.

Customer ServiceStaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed May 19, 2023

I recently had the pleasure of working with the Regional Finance Company, and I must say, they exceeded my expectations in every way. As someone who was in need of a loan, I researched several options and decided to give Regional Finance Company a try. From start to finish, their service was exceptional. The customer service rep. Esmeralda ** was an outstanding individual. What truly sets Regional Finance Company apart, however, from other loan companies is their remarkable customer support. Throughout the entire process, I felt supported and well-informed. Their team was readily available to answer any questions or concerns I had, and they did so in a professional and friendly manner.

In conclusion, I highly recommend the Regional Finance Company to anyone in need of a loan. Their exceptional loan services, combined with their outstanding customer support, make them a trusted and reliable choice. I was thoroughly impressed with their efficiency, transparency, and dedication to customer satisfaction. Again, a special thank you to Esmeralda **.

Reviewed March 30, 2023

If you take a loan with these people and then something happens like say health issues they refuse to work with you, then just take you to court. If somebody is telling you their health has declined and can only pay said amount what makes you think taking them to court is going to get the money. I mean if I no longer able to work, which means NO income which means I can't pay what I was. Should at least work with someone. I mean if I have to pick between paying a loan and paying for my meds/doctor to keep living. Do believe I'll pick life. Can't get anything from someone who has already lost everything.

Reviewed March 19, 2023

I talk to this Company for a personal loan to Do some work at my house and pay off my Car. I didn’t know what was up until they told me my loan was approved for $12,000. I was excited about getting that much money so I can pay off a few bills not knowing that they was up to no good. When I got there to sign the papers for the loan this when they indicated that they will pay off my car for me that in turn sound okay for me. All wasn’t right they in up taking over my car and now I owe more money for my car than what the original payoff was it was only $3,871. I am so disappointed in this Company and will not refer no one to them. They take advantage of people in need of help.

Adrii

Sounds like they did debt consolidation and they paid off your vehicle & perhaps other creditors you owed. Did they explain that to you?
      You now have a new payment.
      Sounds like car payoff did not increase but your debt consolidation plan now has a new payment you are paying the company back. I don't think a lot of customers understand what they are signing for which causes them to run to the internet & leave reviews

Regional Finance Company Information