1.43/5
  • 1 star
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Regional Finance

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

122 Regional Finance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I would not recommend doing any business with Regional Finance on University Drive in Huntsville, AL. I was deceived about the loan offer and ended up paying double. The manager (Shay) appears to be nice until you sign your paperwork and report the agency for wrongdoings. She is very unprofessional and is not a good leader. She acts like her employees are her friends. This agency will call you several times for a payment and when you take it to them, they can have an empty office and gain joy from making you wait over 10 minutes while talking about other client’s accounts.

It’s very unprofessional to speak about a client’s inability to pay especially when they have just left the office, which broke all confidentiality regulations. I have never experienced such unprofessional behavior by a manager (Shay). She is suppose to be an example for the other workers but has failed to do so. I hope that her boss will send her to some pertinent management trainings to enhance customer services. I will no longer be doing business with them and I strongly recommend you don’t as well.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

This company has been by far unprofessional and VERY FALSE advertising. It makes me so mad, that this can affect my credit score because I'm so pissed that I want to let go of making payments. I NEVER want to do business with them again. When I first started this loan process, I was told I would not a have a payment until a month after I receive my furniture but that was a lie. Then I asked if they have an online portal where I can make payment because in all honestly who wants to go in person to make a payment, or who sends check nowadays, their response was no but you look on the website and it says otherwise.

At the beginning of I was sending more than I was suppose to because I never got a confirmed letter stating how much my monthly payment would be. Then when I finally found out how much my minimum was I started to sent that, recently past two months I know for a fact that I have been sending the minimum, but this month I was told my payment was half of what my normal monthly payment is and I asked why. Their response was because I sent more money last month and that is a lie, I sent the minimum. I don't know if this some type of scam place, but someone pay off my loan for me because I don't want to deal with the company ever again! It's a headache every month with them, if you got preapproved with them my advice go somewhere else, you will end up pay double if not triple by the time you pay it off because they're don't have a good system in place.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

It was nearing Christmas and this check came in the mail. I tried to throw it out thinking it was a car loan advertisement. My kids said, "No mom, this says it's a REAL CHECK PAY TO THE ORDER OF." I took a closer look and started Googling. I was hesitant because the review rating was bad. However, I decided to READ the reviews. They mostly complained of getting phone calls and personal appearances at their doors when they were late for a payment. They compared the company to Mob bosses. I thought about it and determined that these people were only complaint because they were late and this company doesn't take the reject call lightly. Pay the bill on time and no payments will need visits and calls to get payment!

Here I read about people stating they didn't know it was a loan and that they thought it was a payment for a lawsuit or some other garbage. The check was attached to a folded piece of paper that looks like a contract! If you tear the check off you have to touch the terms and conditions that is 3 pages. Also, the check says LOAN in red on it. I am not affiliated with this company, nor am I paid to write this review. I am simply saying it is a loan that is beyond obvious and they do intend on collecting their money. If you can't pay your bills don't take the loan! Our check was for $1300. We pay $113.14 a month to return the money. It can be paid off early. The papers state it will still have a $100 fee even if paid off by the first payment where no interest is accumulated yet. I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I sent my payment as usual and a week later received a call stating they had not received payment. I also got a letter in the mail stating the same. I knew this was an error as I look at my checking daily. I knew my check cleared the bank. I answered the call and told the manager the same. He asked for the check number. I gave it to him. Also the reverse side of the check was not a clear image but had been stamped and had a series of numbers on it. I almost have my loan paid off with them. I was told they would look into it. I have proof I have paid and they have cashed my check. Someone has failed to do their job and post my payment correctly. I am concerned this will be a habit for them. I will not use them again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I received a loan offer in the mail around summer 2017. I accepted the offer and deposited the check in the bank. Well, sometimes things happen at the wrong time, and I was not able to make payments to Regional. They filed a lawsuit against me in a court of law, however they wanted to collect disregarding the lawsuit date. The branch manager asked me to pay up and to make the loan current, which I did and in turn she supposed to call/notify the court to dismiss the case, which they did not. A regional manager called me to assure me that he will check with the branch manager about the court papers’ completion. At this time I contacted the judge myself, and explained my situation with Regional Finance. I am not a lawyer by any means, but I think they are doing all this illegally. I will go to the Attorney General to check on this travesty...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I received a loan from this company and I regret it. At the time, we needed the money to get over a few financial obstacles resulting from high medical bills. The interest charged is astronomical and you repay the loan many times over before you even get close to the end of your note... if ever. They will continuously offer to renew your loan but it comes with more even interest that results in a higher payment that once, again never seems to end. Also, their policy is to call, call and call immediately upon the day your payment is due. They can be relentless and a nuisance. Even though legally, they cannot assess a late penalty until ten working days past due, they will threaten and try to make you appear in their office at your inconvenience. That is a tactic to try to get you to renew their predatory loan so that they can receive a bonus for your misfortune.

I was in the hospital with pneumonia and my local branch argued with me over the phone about needing me to come into the office to make the payment rather than have a check mailed or take a credit card by phone. My payment was one day past due. I have never received a late charge and I pay regularly on this account... I've never been more than a couple of days late. I often even overpay the minimum amount to try and catch up on the interest. Yet, I am still treated poorly by the revolving door of employees that work there each month. There has to be little or no customer service training and even if there were, again it is a revolving door of employees who are probably just following a script. My advice is to not go down this road with Regional Finance or any company like them. You will overpay and be worse off than you began. And you will suffer PTSD from all their collection calls or loan renewal offers... Trust me, they are brutal!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

People are stupid until proven otherwise. This sums up the local Regional Finance completely. I have told them over and over and over again that I am NOT to be contacted at work. Call me after work. They don't understand, I explain it again, they continue to call. Now they are contacting family and friends pretending to be my friend and just wanting to catch up.

The one time I made the mistake of answering the phone, I was told I was behind a payment, I asked them to check again, I just made a payment but the check has not cleared the bank. I was put on hold and someone else picked up the phone and again claimed I was behind a payment, I told them the same thing, check again, I just made a payment but the check has not cleared the bank.

One time, I made a payment by dropping the check in the door after hours, they claimed that they never received the check. Come to find out that the cleaning service had thrown them out thinking they were garbage. After this, I started putting my check in an evidence bag, sealing it and taking a photo of it with my cell phone for future reference.

I asked one time if they were able to take a debit card payment over the phone, I was told no. I asked if they could take a payment over the website, I was told no. I asked if they could do a direct withdrawal from the account over the phone, I was told no. Basically, they take a check or cash but only if they are open for business.

One person who was stuck in a permanent state of eclipse at the local branch told me it was illegal to have an answering machine in this type of business, so that there was not a way to leave a message, I had to call during business hours. Really? Illegal to have an answering machine or answering service. There are companies in business with far better standards of customer service, technology and intelligence that have a way to leave a message after hours. I have searched for information on the parent company and ended up going in circles. Regional Finance is owned by someone, but the who is proving elusive at the moment. In the meantime. Their phone numbers have been blocked on my phone and a cease and desist letter will be delivered shortly.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We keep getting phone calls from different phone numbers that they use! I've told them several times that we have filed for bankruptcy chapter 7 and to call our lawyer but they refuse to do so. They say they need a case #! I've explained to them that we don't get a case# until we finish paying off the lawyer. They ignore the fact! They continue to be a nuisance! All other creditors have been kind and respectful and have understood the process but Regional Finance continues to be a nuisance! Wish someone would shut them down for misconduct unbecoming!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have been a long time customer of Regional Finance. When I got my first loan I was informed that after a year I could get an increase but that never happened. Instead, I am told "oh your credit too low, you have too much expense going out so we can't do." They report it to the bureau and payment status is good and up to date. I was in there on one occasion and someone needed 1200 but her credit score was not too good. I actually witness them to go beyond and give the girl the 1200 but me being a customer of several years can't even get a increase.

If a loan company can't benefit you just cause you problems it's best to do away with it. What’s so pathetic is my other loan company is very pleasant to deal with. I have never encountered any reasons for a line increase ever. They are so pleasant to deal with I love going in there. I was told regional finance will review your credit. The only time they have is when I asked for a loan increase. I also check my Equifax reports from Equifax and it's really strange it does not match their info. Hopefully within the next two months my other loan company can pay off regional finance and I don't have to worry or dread going in there. I would not refer anyone to them because basically they're not wanting to help you.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I received an unsolicited loan offer in the mail. It had a check attached. It said I was pre-approved, all I had to do was cash the check and the money was mine with no other paperwork required. I even called the company and they assured me that was correct. I was pre-approved, all I had to do was deposit the check in my bank account and the money was mine. Payments were to be made per the attached letter. I deposited the check and it bounced. I called Regional Finance and a lady by the name of Cindy said she would look into it and call me back. I never got a call back.

This place is a sham. They're mass mailing letters/worthless checks lying about being pre-approved. When you try to cash the check, then they check your credit and decide if they want to pay the check. These people are criminals preying on helpless people in need of cash. Stay away from these lowlifes, you can't possibly be that desperate that you need to deal with this sort of people. There are other reputable companies out there, go look for one of them.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I got a new loan from Regional Finance in Grand Prairie TX location. When I got the loan they offered me insurance on the loan which I declined it. I have gotten a previous loan there and I knew insurance was optional, but when I went back to get a second loan the Manager told me that In order for me to get the loan it was required for me to pay for this insurance. I was very unsatisfied but I had no option according to the Manager. A couple months later I was told by my doctor that I was having surgery, so I went into the loan office and let them know that I was going to have a surgery and was going to be out of work from 6 to 8 weeks. That I need for them to submit an insurance claim on my loan.

Everything started not so good, the office manager told me I had to get paperwork from my doctor and employment place and that he couldn't help me on any paperwork or the claim. I brought him back all information requested, and he was supposed send it to the insurance claim office. I was told by him that until this gets resolved he was going to put a hold on my account so I won't be getting calls or counts as late. Which I think he never did, because during my disability time recuperating from the surgery I continuously got calls from this office and letters in the mail saying that I was late and that when I was going to make my payment. I called several times to ask for status on my claim and no information was given to me.

Then I decided to go to the loan office ask to speak the Abel ** the Manager and I was told by him that he doesn't know no information on the claim, and he didn't know why insurance company was taken so long for my claim. All He answer me was "I Don't Know..." A couple weeks later got a letter in the Mail from the insurance claim office saying that they couldn't process my claim because the wrong forms were sent to them, and they send me the correct forms for me to fill out and submit the claim again... which I did. I gather all over again the information from my doctor and employment and this time I send it to them...

I called Regional Finance to speak with the Manager, supposedly he was never there, I wanted to tell him that he gave me wrong forms. I also left him messages for him to call me back, but till this time I have not received a call from him. At this time I am still waiting for my claim to be approved, this claim was originally submitted on April. It taken more than the usual process time and all because of the unprofessional help from this location loan office. But the worst thing is, that I monitor my credit monthly and I just found out last week that this Loan office of REGIONAL FINANCE has reported To the credit bureau that I am late on my payments when they know I have a claim pending. My overall experience with this place has been terrible. Their staff is very unprofessional, especially the office Manager Abel **. I wouldn't not recommend this place at all.

Original review: July 11, 2017

It was soooo easy to get the loan. No wonder! The interest rate is extreme. If your credit score is bad and you're desperate for money, they will give it to you when others won't; at a terrible rate. That's where I was. I'll try to never put myself in that position again.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I have been a long term customer and had been satisfied until the past year when they implemented the pay by phone. Since then what was supposed to be a convenience has turned into a headache! I have one rep who can never seem to run my debit card correctly, she always claims it declines. I call back 5 mins later speak with someone else, use the SAME card and it goes through. I have been charged ISF fees even though they entered my account information wrong for my draft. Although I spoke with the manager who assured me no fees had been added I had a rep today try to charge me those fees when I called in my payment, even though this same rep told me 2 days ago that she didn't see any fees on the account. Will never do business with them again when this loan is paid.

Original review: June 30, 2017

About a year ago, I received a loan from Regional Finance. Ever since, I had never missed one payment. On February 2017, I had requested to change the payment date. Amanda, the representative that I spoke with, informed that that I need to come in office and sign a form in order to change the date. Effectively, I went to the office, I had changed from the 10th of each month to the 20th of each month. Therefore on March 2017 I paid on the 20th. In April 2017 I paid on the 20th, then I was told that I have 2 late fees. I was told that my due date is the 10th. When I asked about the paper signed for the change on 20th of the month. Amanda, the same representative told me that, it is not updated in the system yet, they will take care of the mistake and remove the fees. I was disappointed, so I told her that I will go back to the 10th of the month, I suspected that they were playing game with me. Come to the month of May 2017, I paid on the 10th.

Therefore I had paid on April 20th 2017 & May 10th 2017. June 6, 2017, I dropped the June payment at the office. On June 21st, I received a call from same representative, Amanda stated "that you are late for the month of June 2017, we never received any payment, for the 20th because your payment is due on the 20th". I immediately faxed her the money order receipts for the month of May and June 2017. She called me back and insisted that I did not pay. I informed her that I need a lawyer and I will retrieved who cashed the payment. On the same day I filled a PS form 6401. Presently I have in my possession the payments cashed by Finance Regional Lawrenceville #1108 Acct. #**. This company needs a serious review. I have proof of fraudulent activities. I advise anyone to stop doing engaging in business with Regional Finance.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I received an letter from their company saying that I had available credit. When I got there the worker told me that I had to be approved. l was under the impression that I had available funds already approved but lo and behold the story was different. She had me sign papers which I don't understand why and pulled my credit which at this time isn't good but fair, told me I wasn't approved and as I was leaving shouts "pay your bills". Why tell me that I have available monies when I don't. Customer service with these people is very poor.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I went to this Regional Finance today, they had approve me for a vacation loan... the poor lady Kimberly that was working in there by herself with no help, no manager. She had to take payments and trying to help me with a loan. No manager in sight. What if someone came and robbed that poor lady or raped her... if they want to train people they need to send someone from the corporate office to do so. I went back cause they said I was approved. When I went back and they seen where I had another loan I just opened they rejected me of and I wasted my dad's gas to take me and his car was already tearing up. I should have made them pay me 20 bucks for wasting my time and the lies... I RECOMMEND NO ONE GETS A LOAN WITH THIS WACK COMPANY!!!!

Original review: April 21, 2017

I made my payment in a different office than my loan originated from. I presented my payment stub with my payment and it was made to the wrong acct. I was made aware of this when I received a phone call that I had not made a payment in 2 months. I had my receipts and canceled checks where I had made my payments, so they could be corrected. Brandi ** was the clerk who took my payment each time in Marion, SC. When I confronted her on my next payment I was told that I needed to tell her how to do her job because giving her a payment stub must not have been enough information for her to do her job correctly. I am so sorry but I don't work for Regional Finance and should not have to tell you how to do your job. I take my payment slip with me, that should be all an employee needs to do their job correctly. I do not appreciate dumb employees.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I will never get a loan again from this company or any other company ever again. They send you a bill saying that you only owe 240.00 dollars more and then call you saying that you owe them 325.00 more. I have paid them every damn month. They rip people off. Avoid these idiots at all costs. I am very dissatisfied with them.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The reason I am writing this review is because I was googling another topic about them, but I only read how rude and how they kept calling the phone listed in case you don't pay. I will say this, I have been late with them multiple times and I have not answered their phone calls, but when I do they are very professional and kind. They are only doing their job. We signed up for the loan it's our responsibility to pay. Although I have been late and haven't answered or come in when they expect me to. They have worked with me. I have also been a long time customer and you will never find another financing place that loans with the rates they do.

I actually feel angry after reading the reviews and how people make excuses for the checks they received. You're an adult and you cashed them. So did I. Let me say that the location where I have borrowed from is very understanding and will work with you. Only if you keep in touch. I'm sorry but Regional Finance has been more than understanding for me. It doesn't matter location. Although my debt is in Nashville TN. And I give my Rivergate girls a ten. If you ever want to hire someone to collect your debt. They are the ones.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I always pay my payment but have been late a few times. I've asked them numerous times to not call my work or my friends. I am putting it in writing this time because I know legally they can't after that. They call on the same day after I have told them I'm coming in to pay the payment. Rude! I will not ever renew again with them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I've been with Regional over 3 years and I pay on time and renew quite often. But I ask for a larger loan of 1500 to 3000 dollar to purchase a individual owned use vehicle and they refuse me and still loan my family member an larger amount than me. And her income is not as much as mine's a month. I have a problem with it's a personal thing with the staff with me.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I actually just looked up the address to send in my payment, as I am not at home. And I saw all these horrible reviews! Well, I am here to say... if you pay your payments on time with why you promised you would when you took out the loan. There won't BE any problems. If you're going to be late. CALL THEM. Don't wait for them to start calling you! Explain why you're late and 9 times out of 10 they will help you.

I have a great experience with the Regional in Asheville, NC. I don't know if they are independently owned and operated or not. But the one here has been here for years! I have never heard anyone complain about them being rude, pushy, etc... You have been told to pay by cash or MO only... I would expect it's because they received from you checks that bounced. The point being... don't treat them badly and they won't treat YOU badly. And then get online and write a horrible review. Yes, the interest rate is high. If you have extra money from time to time - send it to them, it will decrease the amount of time you have to pay, which actually effectively lowers your interest rate over the life of the loan, since it is a simple interest loan. And no, I do not work for them nor have I ever. I am just a customer that needed some help once and they helped me. I am grateful.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

This company makes it next to impossible to make a payment. They also will not send you a monthly statement, or any type of reminders for your loan. The website says they accept checks but I just got a call saying they don't. I need to come in, pay cash or send them a money order. I live about 45 mins to the closest branch to pay. I just told them to come get the product cause this is BS and all y'all are doing is making it so that people fail on the loan. I do not recommend anyone getting a loan from this company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

Got a call today from Regional Finance in Miami Oklahoma because we were late on a payment. The female calling was rude and belittling and talked to me like I was a dog. I just wonder if the owner of the company encourages the managers to be especially rude and arrogant to customers that are late. I have two family members that have been placed on Hospice this month and a husband that had a stroke and attack, have been traveling and trouble with finances. We have other loans and the companies have not pressed, been rude or belittling. There is no call for a manager to be so rude to ANYONE really. People know when they are late with a payment. We are old enough to be her parent. I really hope she gets reigned in...if not fired...just uncalled for. Won't be a customer again!

Original review: July 30, 2016

Unsolicited loan check in my U.S. mail - I do not want unsolicited loan checks in my mail that could be stolen and cashed by a criminal.

Original review: July 28, 2016

I was a long time customer of Regional Finance for the past 5 years. At first, I had the best experience with the manager Mrs. ** whom was there in the beginning when I first signed up with Regional Finance. Since then they have changed managers and made her assistant the manager of this branch in N. Augusta, SC. I advised the new management that I had lost my job and had been unemployed for 9.5 months. I was told that he would work with me and my husband in getting the payments caught up. Well he did, he kept refinancing the loan with a higher payment and longer terms. What started out as owing approximately $2000 he changed out loans and made the balance owed to regional at $8k with a much higher premium than I had before. With this in mind, he knew I was unemployed and could not afford to make this payment.

They would harass the HELL out of you, they called my phone 7 times within a hour's timeframe, then lied and said they did not call, but HELLO, we have new TECHNOLOGY that records and logs your calls both incoming and outgoing. This manager over this branch is the worst. He identifies himself as being a christian and always willing to help, but when you tell him you are in a dilemma it's "come in the office so we can discuss". Why? If I am calling you over the telephone to discuss, why would I come into the office.

I pray that I will be able to pay this company off and they would revamp their managerial strategies and get some people that are customer service oriented and willing to work with others. These people are not representing the company as it should, it shows greed and mischief. You will forever owe them unless you file bankruptcy and it seems like this is my only option because they are really difficult to deal with and my hopes are the Regional Finance Corporate Management would read their reviews and consider reconstruction of their company worldwide.

Original review: July 16, 2016

These people are good with loaning money. I have had several loans by them. The bad news is, they run a "HARD" inquiry to your credit which sends your score way down and doesn't get removed for 2 whole years! Yup! It even says over and over and over in the fine print and adverting that they "DO NOT" do this! UMM... Yes they do! It's really not worth it if you're trying to establish credit cause they are bringing you down big time! This was for renewing my loans too. What a HORRIBLE COMPANY! Glas I paid them off 100%. WILL NEVER BORROW FROM THEM AGAIN EVER!

Original review: July 10, 2016

Last year around this same time my father-in-law who has been deceased for 3 years... This company sent him a check for a loan and I am the one who handles financial cares. Well I opened it and said this is a real check for $1,300 and I called them and said "is it real" and answered yes. Okay I did the right thing and I called to tell them that the name on the checks is deceased and they asked would I return it. I said yes and I returned it. Of course I applied and denied. They sent another one in his name... returned that check.

Now believe it or not this company knowing he's deceased sent another check out in his name... when they know he's not living. Deceased and I are related but this is the third time they've sent out a check. I think it's a sign from deceased relative. I don't know. I'm so tired of this company sending out the check know he's deceased. Obviously they are not listening.

Original review: July 5, 2016

As I write this review, I will say that I am not angry. I notice most people write reviews when they're angry, upset, and or disappointed. I will say my experience was not great and because of this experience it made me cautious in the long run. We all know thing happen sometimes that we cannot not control. I lost my job and stop paying. So I went to court. In front of the Judge a lady name Jamie stated "we are willing to help you". So with that being said I requested to pay $50 a monthly simply due to the income reduce.

Longer story short, after going in to set up a payment plan I was told I couldn't pay less than $100 a month. This company was aware of me not having a job. After some weeks go by, I stated to them I have a job starting soon and that I would be able to pay again. A lady name Jamie stated "Well your account will be charged off". I just couldn't believe I haven't had the loan open for a full six months yet alone five. This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. Normally when I read reviews I just say to myself these are angry people. No! It happened to me so please be careful and go to someone other company, Springleaf is better

Original review: June 28, 2016

I have had a couple loans from Regional Finance over the last 3 years. I received a check in the mail at a time when I had no idea how to make our monthly budget work and was behind on everything. I read all the fine print and while the interest rate was not ideal, neither was my credit! I have had nothing but good experiences with all the girls in the office. I am a VERY forgetful person and they call me almost every month on the 6th like clockwork and get so excited when I actually THANK them for calling me to remind me to pay!

Interest rates are definitely higher since they specialize in loans for people with less than ideal credit, but using the last couple years when things have been tight has actually helped me get my credit score moving in the right direction! I read the fine print. I understand my payment schedule and I never get a loan with a payment that I'm not comfortable making. Regional Finance is definitely a blessing to me.

Regional Finance Company Information

www.regionalfinance.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use