Regional Finance

Laurens, SC

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been a long time customer of Regional Finance. When I got my first loan I was informed that after a year I could get an increase but that never happened. Instead, I am told "oh your credit too low, you have too much expense going out so we can't do." They report it to the bureau and payment status is good and up to date. I was in there on one occasion and someone needed 1200 but her credit score was not too good. I actually witness them to go beyond and give the girl the 1200 but me being a customer of several years can't even get a increase.

If a loan company can't benefit you just cause you problems it's best to do away with it. What’s so pathetic is my other loan company is very pleasant to deal with. I have never encountered any reasons for a line increase ever. They are so pleasant to deal with I love going in there. I was told regional finance will review your credit. The only time they have is when I asked for a loan increase. I also check my Equifax reports from Equifax and it's really strange it does not match their info. Hopefully within the next two months my other loan company can pay off regional finance and I don't have to worry or dread going in there. I would not refer anyone to them because basically they're not wanting to help you.

I received an unsolicited loan offer in the mail. It had a check attached. It said I was pre-approved, all I had to do was cash the check and the money was mine with no other paperwork required. I even called the company and they assured me that was correct. I was pre-approved, all I had to do was deposit the check in my bank account and the money was mine. Payments were to be made per the attached letter. I deposited the check and it bounced. I called Regional Finance and a lady by the name of Cindy said she would look into it and call me back. I never got a call back.

This place is a sham. They're mass mailing letters/worthless checks lying about being pre-approved. When you try to cash the check, then they check your credit and decide if they want to pay the check. These people are criminals preying on helpless people in need of cash. Stay away from these lowlifes, you can't possibly be that desperate that you need to deal with this sort of people. There are other reputable companies out there, go look for one of them.

I got a new loan from Regional Finance in Grand Prairie TX location. When I got the loan they offered me insurance on the loan which I declined it. I have gotten a previous loan there and I knew insurance was optional, but when I went back to get a second loan the Manager told me that In order for me to get the loan it was required for me to pay for this insurance. I was very unsatisfied but I had no option according to the Manager. A couple months later I was told by my doctor that I was having surgery, so I went into the loan office and let them know that I was going to have a surgery and was going to be out of work from 6 to 8 weeks. That I need for them to submit an insurance claim on my loan.

Everything started not so good, the office manager told me I had to get paperwork from my doctor and employment place and that he couldn't help me on any paperwork or the claim. I brought him back all information requested, and he was supposed send it to the insurance claim office. I was told by him that until this gets resolved he was going to put a hold on my account so I won't be getting calls or counts as late. Which I think he never did, because during my disability time recuperating from the surgery I continuously got calls from this office and letters in the mail saying that I was late and that when I was going to make my payment. I called several times to ask for status on my claim and no information was given to me.

Then I decided to go to the loan office ask to speak the Abel ** the Manager and I was told by him that he doesn't know no information on the claim, and he didn't know why insurance company was taken so long for my claim. All He answer me was "I Don't Know..." A couple weeks later got a letter in the Mail from the insurance claim office saying that they couldn't process my claim because the wrong forms were sent to them, and they send me the correct forms for me to fill out and submit the claim again... which I did. I gather all over again the information from my doctor and employment and this time I send it to them...

I called Regional Finance to speak with the Manager, supposedly he was never there, I wanted to tell him that he gave me wrong forms. I also left him messages for him to call me back, but till this time I have not received a call from him. At this time I am still waiting for my claim to be approved, this claim was originally submitted on April. It taken more than the usual process time and all because of the unprofessional help from this location loan office. But the worst thing is, that I monitor my credit monthly and I just found out last week that this Loan office of REGIONAL FINANCE has reported To the credit bureau that I am late on my payments when they know I have a claim pending. My overall experience with this place has been terrible. Their staff is very unprofessional, especially the office Manager Abel **. I wouldn't not recommend this place at all.

It was soooo easy to get the loan. No wonder! The interest rate is extreme. If your credit score is bad and you're desperate for money, they will give it to you when others won't; at a terrible rate. That's where I was. I'll try to never put myself in that position again.

I have been a long term customer and had been satisfied until the past year when they implemented the pay by phone. Since then what was supposed to be a convenience has turned into a headache! I have one rep who can never seem to run my debit card correctly, she always claims it declines. I call back 5 mins later speak with someone else, use the SAME card and it goes through. I have been charged ISF fees even though they entered my account information wrong for my draft. Although I spoke with the manager who assured me no fees had been added I had a rep today try to charge me those fees when I called in my payment, even though this same rep told me 2 days ago that she didn't see any fees on the account. Will never do business with them again when this loan is paid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

About a year ago, I received a loan from Regional Finance. Ever since, I had never missed one payment. On February 2017, I had requested to change the payment date. Amanda, the representative that I spoke with, informed that that I need to come in office and sign a form in order to change the date. Effectively, I went to the office, I had changed from the 10th of each month to the 20th of each month. Therefore on March 2017 I paid on the 20th. In April 2017 I paid on the 20th, then I was told that I have 2 late fees. I was told that my due date is the 10th. When I asked about the paper signed for the change on 20th of the month. Amanda, the same representative told me that, it is not updated in the system yet, they will take care of the mistake and remove the fees. I was disappointed, so I told her that I will go back to the 10th of the month, I suspected that they were playing game with me. Come to the month of May 2017, I paid on the 10th.

Therefore I had paid on April 20th 2017 & May 10th 2017. June 6, 2017, I dropped the June payment at the office. On June 21st, I received a call from same representative, Amanda stated "that you are late for the month of June 2017, we never received any payment, for the 20th because your payment is due on the 20th". I immediately faxed her the money order receipts for the month of May and June 2017. She called me back and insisted that I did not pay. I informed her that I need a lawyer and I will retrieved who cashed the payment. On the same day I filled a PS form 6401. Presently I have in my possession the payments cashed by Finance Regional Lawrenceville #1108 Acct. #**. This company needs a serious review. I have proof of fraudulent activities. I advise anyone to stop doing engaging in business with Regional Finance.

I received an letter from their company saying that I had available credit. When I got there the worker told me that I had to be approved. l was under the impression that I had available funds already approved but lo and behold the story was different. She had me sign papers which I don't understand why and pulled my credit which at this time isn't good but fair, told me I wasn't approved and as I was leaving shouts "pay your bills". Why tell me that I have available monies when I don't. Customer service with these people is very poor.

I went to this Regional Finance today, they had approve me for a vacation loan... the poor lady Kimberly that was working in there by herself with no help, no manager. She had to take payments and trying to help me with a loan. No manager in sight. What if someone came and robbed that poor lady or raped her... if they want to train people they need to send someone from the corporate office to do so. I went back cause they said I was approved. When I went back and they seen where I had another loan I just opened they rejected me of and I wasted my dad's gas to take me and his car was already tearing up. I should have made them pay me 20 bucks for wasting my time and the lies... I RECOMMEND NO ONE GETS A LOAN WITH THIS WACK COMPANY!!!!

I made my payment in a different office than my loan originated from. I presented my payment stub with my payment and it was made to the wrong acct. I was made aware of this when I received a phone call that I had not made a payment in 2 months. I had my receipts and canceled checks where I had made my payments, so they could be corrected. Brandi ** was the clerk who took my payment each time in Marion, SC. When I confronted her on my next payment I was told that I needed to tell her how to do her job because giving her a payment stub must not have been enough information for her to do her job correctly. I am so sorry but I don't work for Regional Finance and should not have to tell you how to do your job. I take my payment slip with me, that should be all an employee needs to do their job correctly. I do not appreciate dumb employees.

I will never get a loan again from this company or any other company ever again. They send you a bill saying that you only owe 240.00 dollars more and then call you saying that you owe them 325.00 more. I have paid them every damn month. They rip people off. Avoid these idiots at all costs. I am very dissatisfied with them.

The reason I am writing this review is because I was googling another topic about them, but I only read how rude and how they kept calling the phone listed in case you don't pay. I will say this, I have been late with them multiple times and I have not answered their phone calls, but when I do they are very professional and kind. They are only doing their job. We signed up for the loan it's our responsibility to pay. Although I have been late and haven't answered or come in when they expect me to. They have worked with me. I have also been a long time customer and you will never find another financing place that loans with the rates they do.

I actually feel angry after reading the reviews and how people make excuses for the checks they received. You're an adult and you cashed them. So did I. Let me say that the location where I have borrowed from is very understanding and will work with you. Only if you keep in touch. I'm sorry but Regional Finance has been more than understanding for me. It doesn't matter location. Although my debt is in Nashville TN. And I give my Rivergate girls a ten. If you ever want to hire someone to collect your debt. They are the ones.

I always pay my payment but have been late a few times. I've asked them numerous times to not call my work or my friends. I am putting it in writing this time because I know legally they can't after that. They call on the same day after I have told them I'm coming in to pay the payment. Rude! I will not ever renew again with them.

I've been with Regional over 3 years and I pay on time and renew quite often. But I ask for a larger loan of 1500 to 3000 dollar to purchase a individual owned use vehicle and they refuse me and still loan my family member an larger amount than me. And her income is not as much as mine's a month. I have a problem with it's a personal thing with the staff with me.

I actually just looked up the address to send in my payment, as I am not at home. And I saw all these horrible reviews! Well, I am here to say... if you pay your payments on time with why you promised you would when you took out the loan. There won't BE any problems. If you're going to be late. CALL THEM. Don't wait for them to start calling you! Explain why you're late and 9 times out of 10 they will help you.

I have a great experience with the Regional in Asheville, NC. I don't know if they are independently owned and operated or not. But the one here has been here for years! I have never heard anyone complain about them being rude, pushy, etc... You have been told to pay by cash or MO only... I would expect it's because they received from you checks that bounced. The point being... don't treat them badly and they won't treat YOU badly. And then get online and write a horrible review. Yes, the interest rate is high. If you have extra money from time to time - send it to them, it will decrease the amount of time you have to pay, which actually effectively lowers your interest rate over the life of the loan, since it is a simple interest loan. And no, I do not work for them nor have I ever. I am just a customer that needed some help once and they helped me. I am grateful.

This company makes it next to impossible to make a payment. They also will not send you a monthly statement, or any type of reminders for your loan. The website says they accept checks but I just got a call saying they don't. I need to come in, pay cash or send them a money order. I live about 45 mins to the closest branch to pay. I just told them to come get the product cause this is BS and all y'all are doing is making it so that people fail on the loan. I do not recommend anyone getting a loan from this company.

Got a call today from Regional Finance in Miami Oklahoma because we were late on a payment. The female calling was rude and belittling and talked to me like I was a dog. I just wonder if the owner of the company encourages the managers to be especially rude and arrogant to customers that are late. I have two family members that have been placed on Hospice this month and a husband that had a stroke and attack, have been traveling and trouble with finances. We have other loans and the companies have not pressed, been rude or belittling. There is no call for a manager to be so rude to ANYONE really. People know when they are late with a payment. We are old enough to be her parent. I really hope she gets reigned in...if not fired...just uncalled for. Won't be a customer again!

Unsolicited loan check in my U.S. mail - I do not want unsolicited loan checks in my mail that could be stolen and cashed by a criminal.

I was a long time customer of Regional Finance for the past 5 years. At first, I had the best experience with the manager Mrs. ** whom was there in the beginning when I first signed up with Regional Finance. Since then they have changed managers and made her assistant the manager of this branch in N. Augusta, SC. I advised the new management that I had lost my job and had been unemployed for 9.5 months. I was told that he would work with me and my husband in getting the payments caught up. Well he did, he kept refinancing the loan with a higher payment and longer terms. What started out as owing approximately $2000 he changed out loans and made the balance owed to regional at $8k with a much higher premium than I had before. With this in mind, he knew I was unemployed and could not afford to make this payment.

They would harass the HELL out of you, they called my phone 7 times within a hour's timeframe, then lied and said they did not call, but HELLO, we have new TECHNOLOGY that records and logs your calls both incoming and outgoing. This manager over this branch is the worst. He identifies himself as being a christian and always willing to help, but when you tell him you are in a dilemma it's "come in the office so we can discuss". Why? If I am calling you over the telephone to discuss, why would I come into the office.

I pray that I will be able to pay this company off and they would revamp their managerial strategies and get some people that are customer service oriented and willing to work with others. These people are not representing the company as it should, it shows greed and mischief. You will forever owe them unless you file bankruptcy and it seems like this is my only option because they are really difficult to deal with and my hopes are the Regional Finance Corporate Management would read their reviews and consider reconstruction of their company worldwide.

These people are good with loaning money. I have had several loans by them. The bad news is, they run a "HARD" inquiry to your credit which sends your score way down and doesn't get removed for 2 whole years! Yup! It even says over and over and over in the fine print and adverting that they "DO NOT" do this! UMM... Yes they do! It's really not worth it if you're trying to establish credit cause they are bringing you down big time! This was for renewing my loans too. What a HORRIBLE COMPANY! Glas I paid them off 100%. WILL NEVER BORROW FROM THEM AGAIN EVER!

Last year around this same time my father-in-law who has been deceased for 3 years... This company sent him a check for a loan and I am the one who handles financial cares. Well I opened it and said this is a real check for $1,300 and I called them and said "is it real" and answered yes. Okay I did the right thing and I called to tell them that the name on the checks is deceased and they asked would I return it. I said yes and I returned it. Of course I applied and denied. They sent another one in his name... returned that check.

Now believe it or not this company knowing he's deceased sent another check out in his name... when they know he's not living. Deceased and I are related but this is the third time they've sent out a check. I think it's a sign from deceased relative. I don't know. I'm so tired of this company sending out the check know he's deceased. Obviously they are not listening.

As I write this review, I will say that I am not angry. I notice most people write reviews when they're angry, upset, and or disappointed. I will say my experience was not great and because of this experience it made me cautious in the long run. We all know thing happen sometimes that we cannot not control. I lost my job and stop paying. So I went to court. In front of the Judge a lady name Jamie stated "we are willing to help you". So with that being said I requested to pay $50 a monthly simply due to the income reduce.

Longer story short, after going in to set up a payment plan I was told I couldn't pay less than $100 a month. This company was aware of me not having a job. After some weeks go by, I stated to them I have a job starting soon and that I would be able to pay again. A lady name Jamie stated "Well your account will be charged off". I just couldn't believe I haven't had the loan open for a full six months yet alone five. This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. Normally when I read reviews I just say to myself these are angry people. No! It happened to me so please be careful and go to someone other company, Springleaf is better

I have had a couple loans from Regional Finance over the last 3 years. I received a check in the mail at a time when I had no idea how to make our monthly budget work and was behind on everything. I read all the fine print and while the interest rate was not ideal, neither was my credit! I have had nothing but good experiences with all the girls in the office. I am a VERY forgetful person and they call me almost every month on the 6th like clockwork and get so excited when I actually THANK them for calling me to remind me to pay!

Interest rates are definitely higher since they specialize in loans for people with less than ideal credit, but using the last couple years when things have been tight has actually helped me get my credit score moving in the right direction! I read the fine print. I understand my payment schedule and I never get a loan with a payment that I'm not comfortable making. Regional Finance is definitely a blessing to me.

I fell behind on my loan. Was told "No problem. We can help you out." Told them when I could make payment was very rudely "You need to come in the office so we can explain our privacy details." Ask them to explain what they meant and was told "You just better come to the office." They then proceeded to call from blocked numbers. Their rates are 142 percent and the state allows it. They say they are a finance company. I cannot wait till I pay them off and will never ever do business with them and will not recommend them to anyone!!!

Will never do business with them again. Got behind one payment & got summoned to court. Wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Stay away from this company...

I went through hell just to try to get a loan to pay for my summer classes for school until my refund came in. I had to go through all kind of red tape. Finally the lady said "You are approved. We just need to verify your work." The guy Marco told me that he called my employer and I got the fax number. I get a call from Agnes ** the manager with a nasty attitude telling me she is denying my application because she cannot verify my employment. I asked her what does she mean. Marco just told me she talked to my employer. She went on to stay with a nasty attitude that she doesn't care. I swear I wanted to jump through that phone and slap the hell out of that lady. I was so pissed. I am like "I don't have to lie, about a job. I gave y'all everything you ask for." I don't know what her problem was.

My wife received a check in the mail from Regional Finance Corp #570, but at the time she knew nothing of what the check was for or if it was even real. The amount of the check was around 1300.00. My wife did call the phone number that was with the check and she asked if the check was real. She was told by the person on the phone that it was a real check and that she can cash it. My wife asked if this was for a class action suit from Barnes & Noble that she was part of. My wife was told that it was part of that suit and that the check was hers to cash and keep. She was never told that it was a payday loan.

She was able to cash the check she received in the mail, that she did not ask for, at a major bank. The check was legitimate, she did not ask for the money, and it came in the mail. Since then, Regional Finance Corp. is now suing my wife for 1700.00, for a check that came unsolicited in the mail, and upon calling for information, she was given false information in order to get her to cash the check.

After my divorce, I was unable to maintain the luxury car my ex-husband purchased for me. I went to a dealership in town and traded my vehicle in for something that was within my budget. I was financed by Regional Finance. At the time, they were Auto Credit Source. I never heard of them, but I knew that without my ex-husband as my co-signer, my credit was non-existing, and I had to start somewhere. Some things didn't add up from the beginning, but I was so overwhelmed with my four children, 3 jobs to stay afloat, and countless personal battles, that the last thing on my mind was how I went from paying $340 a month for a Mercedes Benz, to paying $550 a month for a Kia. It bothered me, but I couldn't fit my children in the previous car and I couldn't afford the repairs the luxury car required at that time. So having a newer car that ran with no mechanical issues, and that all my children could fit in, seemed more like a priority.

I finally found some stability in my life and came to my senses. Fast forward 3 years, I'm now on active duty military orders. I called regional finance in Houston TX to inquire about the Soldiers and Sailors Act. This Act states that any service member on active duty orders can have their interest rate on any pre-existing loans reduced to 6%. I've called to ask them about this and they have ignored me and given me the runaround each time. I started inquiring with other companies about my refinancing options. This prompted me to look at my original contract.

I started calculating. Turns out these people will get from me $40,000 on a 72-month loan on a Kia that had an original price of $21,000. The contract from the dealership says one thing, but when I multiply what regional finance charges me each month times 72, it equals almost $40,000. The amount I agreed to paid at the dealerships was in the 20s, so how in the world do I end up owing almost 40k??? My next step is to consult with JAG and I am terrified because JAG is known for wanting to do nothing more than notarize papers. But I have $0 for an attorney.

This company is dishonest. If they will charge a single mother of four children, serving in the military and working up to 3 jobs to stay afloat, almost double the original price of a vehicle. I think it's safe to say that they will do all kinds of underhanded dirty back door deals to bamboozle people out of their last dime. I hope people will research this company and run in the opposite direction. And I can vouch for every single person that's given a negative review on account of their employees and the lack of customer service. These people will talk to you like you are a sub human species. It's humiliating to say the least. Save yourself the trouble and do not do any business with these thieves!!! You're better off riding the bus!

First let me say that I have gotten over 10 loans from this company and I have always paid them off within the first 30 days of the loan. My last loan was for 1300.00 which was due on 02/28 which is on a Sunday. I received a call from Joanna the worst customer service ever. I informed them that I would be paying off the balance. I ask if they would take a check over the phone. She stated that they do not take payments over the phone and I stated to her this is why I do not like their company because they are not customer friendly by phone or online. She stated to debut with me and became very argumentative (given to expressing divergent or opposite views). I informed her that I did not want to disagree with her I just wanted to pay the balance off. I disconnected the call because she would like allow me to say anything without over talking me.

Don't ever borrow a loan from Regional Finance. The staff is the most unprofessional and worst attitude ever. They are lucky they have a job for borrowers like us. My husband's payment was due on the 7th of every month and they would call on that day to remind us to take the payment as if we were children. If you mail your payment, they are bound to lose it and make you go in person. One of the times I called inquiring of the receipt of my payment and she was rude and even hung up on me before I finished asking.

My wife and I took out 2 small loans with these bloodsuckers. Mind you, we've had car notes and other loans throughout the years, we've always paid on time. I fall 1 month behind and their showing up at my door? Also, had the worst attitude I've ever witnessed. Even after I went up to the office and explained my circumstances and make a payment. They're still threatening me with a lawsuit over $90. Stay away from these loan sharks and shop elsewhere. Their loans are predatory and they could care less about you, your community or your circumstances.

Regional Finance Company Profile