Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Regional Finance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regional Finance?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

So, they sent me a check., I didn't ask for it. $2,400 and at the time, I was like.. Yeah I can pay off that refrigerator I got from Frys. That's fine but, at 12 payments of 24, they reach out to me and ask if I want to extend the loan. I'm like no, it's ok but they tell me "Oh don't worry.. You have such good payment history. No credit check, no worries.. Just take it." I decline but, in early September, I get COVID... Owe. Can't work 1/2 the month. So I call and ask if the offer is still there. Girl says absolutely. I tell her, "Ok maybe we can do it. I'll get back to you." When I call back on Monday, it's like.. They hate me. They don't care if I pay on time. They are like.. "No, you're no one." I have 4 payments left and, after all this runaround, I am done. I won't do business with them again. Sorry I ever did. I mean, don't call me and offer anything if you don't intend to go through. Wasting my time. Don't do business with them. You'll regret it.

Original review: July 27, 2021

They sent a check to someone and using my ss#. I have never borrowed from them in my life. Now the person that received the money is not making payments or is behind. I am getting calls and letters from them wanting the money. I never give them permission to use my name or social security number. This company is a bunch of crooks who steals from any one they can. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I initially took out this loan for a little relief during covid. Have paid every payment on time and like a week early. During this time I have been trying to buy a home and was receiving alerts about the Regional Finance. In January when I got the first alert I called them and they assured me that it does not affect my score in any way. I felt like maybe I was wrong and let it go. Since then I have continued to pay my payment on time and early and it stalled my score because they are reporting my interest increase and not my payment that I am paying. I reached out to corporate and again Not a real answer just denying that it could do anything regarding my score. Don't obtain a loan unless you just really direly need it because this company will have you paying forever and when you have problems or concerns it's no resolution. I was told to PAY THE LOAN OFF AND FIND ANOTHER LOAN COMPANY. BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

The loan offer came in the mail. We reviewed the terms and deposited the check. Funds came quickly and we received a courtesy call. The rep, Meredith, was helpful and answered our questions. We were able to pay it off within 3 months so the interest rate wasn't bothersome. I feel that some people taking this offer didn't really read the details and somehow believe they can get off the hook for repayment. If someone borrowed your money and then came up with a slurry of excuses not to repay, you'd be mad. Not just say, "Oh that's fine. You don't need to pay."

Also, if you know you can't make a payment, call ahead and not after it's due. And if you receive special terms for repayment that differ from the original contract, don't just sit there and wait for it in the mail. If your due date is coming up and you haven't received anything, call to get details so you're not hit with late charges. You can also set up an online account to view your information. "It didn't come in the mail" is not a viable excuse if they sent it and it wasn't returned unopened as "undeliverable." You must take charge on your end of the contract. I would recommend this company if you're in a pinch. Just make sure it's just a pinch and won't put you further into a hole.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Inquired about the company and asked for loan details prior to applying. It was not mentioned during that time that BK Chp 7 had to be discharged for 2 years. It was disclosed after the hard pull on my credit report. Rep said I met everything else aside from that. I feel like that is important to know before proceeding with an application that will affect someone's credit report while they are trying to rebuild. Not happy about that!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!! LISA at the Round Rock location lied to me and told me the insurance policy and auto discount plan was complimentary for me using them for a loan. Two weeks later I find out that I am actually being charged for both the insurance and the auto policy and she lied to me. When I called to cancel it they tell me they can't only the supervisor can. I call back and she repeatedly hung the phone up on me and told me she would not be cancelling my insurance. I have called their corporate office and filed a complaint as well. I will never use this company and pray that no one else does.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I cashed the check these guys sent because I was low on cash in my new business and I wanted to build my with a short term loan. I sent them $1400 of the original $2400 loan amount, they agreed to send me an email when the next payment was and I never received it, resulting in them charging me an extra $150 interest. This is loan shark company, Beware.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I received a pre-approved loan offer for $2400, which is the same as what married couples get through COVID-19 stimulus checks and it is therefore very misleading. Even more insulting is the exorbitant rate of over 30%, meaning you are paying over $850 in interest on a 2-year loan some people may have accidentally signed for. This is unethical to say the least.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I was disheartened by the functionality ethical practices of Regional Finance! During these dark dire days of COVID-19 and many of us losing our jobs, altering our livelihoods, juggling our expenses, their company has opted NOT to support eliminating finance charges and fees on loans! I ask why... Yet they advertise on their website a link for covid 19 help, which is not true, the HELP and Support is not REAL!

Original review: March 29, 2020

A few weeks ago, I was notified of a loan taken out under my name and was being asked to pay $1500 within a 48 month period. I never took out a loan before and was confused about how it occurred. The loan organization explained to me that they mail checks to possible customers. Once endorsed with email, phone number, I.D., and signature the check can be cashed and the loan is activated. My signature was forged on this check with fake phone number and email address. The I.D. number used was an old expired I.D. of mine that went missing years ago. I put in a dispute with TransUnion and Equifax, placed a freeze on my credit, filed a police report, and started an investigation with the corporate loan office. Despite all of this, I have not heard back from any of these entities and the loan is still active and affecting my credit score.

Regional Finance Company Information