Midland Credit Management

Overview

Midland Credit Management has an average rating of 4.4/5.0, based on 323 reviews.

89%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Staff
Excellent
Staff

35 recent reviewers mentioned Midland Credit Management's staff. 89% were happy or satisfied with the staff.

71%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Customer Service
Good
Customer Service

25 recent reviewers mentioned Midland Credit Management's customer service. 71% were happy or satisfied with the customer service.

What’s Web Consensus?

We gather and analyze all online reviews about this brand, so you can see the full picture in one place.

Log-in or create an account to get access to what 323 reviewers said about Midland Credit Management.

88%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Staff
Excellent
Staff

36 recent reviews we have found on the internet mentioned Midland Credit Management's staff. 87% were happy or satisfied with the staff.

61%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Customer Service
Fair
Customer Service

28 recent reviews we have found on the internet mentioned Midland Credit Management's customer service. 60% were happy or satisfied with the customer service.

What’s Web Consensus?

Log-in or create an account to get access to what 2 reviewers said about Midland Credit Management.

4.4(323)

About Midland Credit Management

Based in San Diego, Midland Credit Management has been helping consumers resolve overdue debts since 1953. It is available in all 50 states and has helped over 7 million consumers. It offers flexible online solutions without charging fees or interest. It specializes in servicing accounts that have fallen behind and been charged off by the lender - giving consumers a second chance at financial stability.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Available in 50 states
  • No interest or fees
Cons
  • Debt collector
  • Can sue for overdue balances

Stars Rating

• 79%
  • 7%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 13%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Reviewed April 6, 2024

They were helpful in getting both accounts set up with payments that work in my budget and paid in a manner that doesn't take years. Friendly, knowledgeable and considerate are how I would describe their services.

Reviewed April 5, 2024

As an individual who works during business hours and can’t always be making called during the day, the live chat experience was very helpful. The employee Logan was compassionate with my situation and found a way to help me lower my payments. Thank you Logan and thank you MCM for your continued support.

Reviewed April 3, 2024

There is nothing for me to complain about. They were more than willing to work out a payment plan with me that helps me a great deal. That's how I wish every place was. I can't thank them enough for the help.

Reviewed March 25, 2024

Customer service was fast, friendly and understanding. I was able to resolve my account and get things squared away quickly and easily through live chat feature. I thought it would be a nightmare taking care of this account and it was so very easy.

Reviewed March 6, 2024

I am so pleased with the service I received from Kate. Kate worked with me to tailor a debt collection plan based on what I could afford and I'm so thankful for that. It has relieved so much stress off of me.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

I just spoke with the rudest customer service rep I have encountered in 64 years of life. Condescending, rude & just plain mean. I was trying to explain why I was calling and she kept saying in her rude voice so what is your question? I challenged her and her attitude (nicely) & boy that made it worse. If I could give no stars I would. I am still being sued but was told by chat it was ok to set up a payment plan. I assumed that would take care of that. It did not. Terrible!

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2024

I needed to set up a payment plan that suited my needs and Kate was able to adjust the dates that would work for me and answered all my questions in a timely manner which I appreciate. Very helpful and no stress LOL- Thank you.

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2024

Charles was awesome to deal with. Very understanding and thorough. Wish more people were like him. He was very patient and understanding even though I was the one at fault. Guy needs a raise! Good job.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2024

CG was a great representative. He was quick to answer my questions and explain what could be accomplished on my account. Easy instructions on next steps and overall best customer service I have encountered in a long time. I appreciated the response time and quickness of rectifying my issue.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2024

Needed time while in between work. Got time a reasonable amount, appreciate your patience and cooperation! I used the online chat box and the employee was very responsive and straight to the point. Thank you

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

I wish I could give them no stars. This company had my wages garnished for a card I had back in 2017 of which I was able to make payments on up until Covid happened and I was unable to keep up with the card due to lack of work. This company brought my debt from another company and they somehow found out who my employer was and garnished my wages right before Christmas. I was blind-sighted by this company and also my employer. I am a single parent and this affected me and my child financially. When I called the customer service the people were very rude and basically stated they couldn’t do anything but I could make a payment that same day. They had already garnished my check and wanted me to pay the balance that was left, they are very rude and heartless people. I HOPE THIS COMPANY GETS SHUT DOWN SOON.

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2023

I FINALLY received a confirmation from the Prothonotary dated 12/20/23 that my debt was SATISFIED!! Midland is still sending me collection letters! How can I get them to STOP?!? I’m disabled and the stress of this is affecting my health!!!

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2023

Benson ** the representative from Midland Credit Management who is a chat live representative. He is Awesome, understand and helpful. He was fast at his response on the support I needed. 10 stars to Benson **. He rocks. I was so happy with his customer service.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

I previously had a Bed bath and beyond account and I had this credit card, and I had paid the whole balance off in October or November of 2022. And I closed the account on December 26 2022 because I didn’t need it anymore and after that I never used it. Then somehow it was getting fraud charges that never came from me because the account was already closed and it was already paid off. The dispute charges were already taken care of. So yesterday this company calls still claiming that I owe a balance on the account and I’m trying to tell this person that the account was already off and the account was already closed. The person on the phone was trying to pressure me into making a payment when I told him that I didn’t really have enough money to pay right now because I only have one job right now and I’m part time. This company needs to be shut down and investigated for how they call and harass people.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2023

Midland Credit Management filed a court order for garnishment in April of 2023. The money was transferred from my bank to the courts so they can then send the funds over to Midland. Either Midland or the attorney they hired never submitted a certificate of service or an application for disbursement and they ended up garnishing my account again for the amount. The funds they garnished this time was from my mortgage account, which means my mortgage will now be late because of an error they made by not submitting the forms. When I spoke to the account manager they said it's been escalated to a manager but could not tell me how long it would take to issue my funds back. In the meantime, I now have a late fee because my mortgage is late. This has been a enormous inconvenience and incredibly frustrating.

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

Rachel ** just helped me tonight. She answered all my questions and has me jumping for joy.. THIS COMPANY WAS FABULOUS. For future people who has to handle business Midland Credit Management is definitely the place to go.. Keep up the good work to help us people get our credit and life together. I’m back and better thanks to you all!!!!

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2023

I just want to say, Ellen ** with MCM Concierge/online chat was AMAZING! Paying off debt is humiliating, scary and hard to do but Ellen really made me feel comfortable with my options. She understood and listened to my struggles and made me an offer that I could actually afford. If I could give Ellen more starts than 5, I would! Customer service at its finest! Thank you!!!

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2023

I was sent in to collections on an account that was taken off my records due to fraud and covid 19. I disputed this and was still harassed by them. I also have been negatively affected by this and held back from credit.

Customer ServiceProcess

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

I have had to rearrange due dates, and whenever I have called them to do so, I have never had an issue. At MCM, they have made it easy and convenient to get debt paid off without breaking the bank. Thank you MCM for making this process painless.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

Ms. ** was very professional, courteous, and concise. She helped me make payment arrangements on my account in a very efficient manner. This is remarkable for helping a customer via a chat. Ms. ** rocks!

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Benson ** was able to locate my account and found out that I mailed my payment to the wrong address. He provided a new one to me where I could mail my payments into. He also set my account up for a 6 month payment plan and changed the billing date that the payments are due. I'm thankful for this options and that the collection agency is willing to work with me in resolving my debt.

Reviewed June 12, 2023

I was short for my auto pay and I needed to move the date temporarily, so I used the chat and talked with David ** who was quick and extremely helpful with specifics. I was able to confirm the one time change in a matter of minutes.

Reviewed June 10, 2023

I have been dealing with ongoing health problems and it has affected my ability to pay. I explained this to the representative who was able to get the total bill dropped almost 17%! My account will no longer negatively affect my credit and the representative made this easy.

Reviewed May 26, 2023

I contacted Midland Credit Management company yesterday in attempts to resolve a debt that I had accrued a couple of years ago. First of all, the man on the phone spoke with a heavy ** accent and it was difficult to understand what he was saying. He spoke fast as well. After I identified myself and told him why I was calling, this man went into a very long-winded spiel which wasn't necessary at all. After what felt like an eternity he asked if I wanted to pay the debt off immediately and I said no, I wasn't prepared to do that yesterday. He then attempted to pressure me into making a payment yesterday so that he could give me a 'discount' on what I owed. When I refused to make a payment he put me through to his manager.

A ** woman got on the phone and her accent was very thick as well and she rattled off a lot of things about getting me a 'discount' on the total amount I owe IF I could give her a payment. The amount started somewhere around $80 or so and after several attempts of telling her I didn't have the money to make a payment, she began lowering the amount. I know that it's customary for collection departments to offer a smaller amount than what is owed and that's great however, they will only give the discount if you make a payment. I suppose this is either in good faith or a way for them to trap you.

This woman was extremely persistent to the point of badgering me for a payment. I tried to remain calm and told her countless times that it is the end of the month, I am on Social Security and I simply and honestly do not have any extra money. She claimed she understood but again, continued to pressure me for a payment. The $80 went to $60 then $50 then to her saying, "What CAN you pay today????" Again and again, I told her I couldn't pay anything at all. The more I said this the angrier this woman became. She even threatened to take the money out of my checking account. I don't know how because she doesn't have that information. This woman stressed me out so much I told her to have a good day and I hung up.

I don't appreciate being badgered for money especially since I explained my financial situation to this woman over and over. Maybe she thought that I would break under her pressure but that wouldn't happen because I wasn't about to send her any money. Had I been able to make a payment yesterday I probably would have but I was just trying to get some information about making a payment. I wanted to know if there were any interest charges. I didn't even get a chance to ask this question before I was berated like a mangy dog. Be careful about contacting this company if you have a debt. Don't let them rant on and on with their stupid spiel. Cut them off quickly. Talk over them if you have to. Tell them exactly why you are calling. Don't be pressured into making a payment that you don't have in your bank account to make.

Marco

SS benefits or any pension payments, are exempt from garnishment. If they take from your bank, you need to contact the levying officer immediately to notify the court of the source of the funds taken.

Reviewed May 18, 2023

They attached a debt that the statute of limitations has run on, making legal action to collect it impossible, but they thought they would attach it to my credit report as a newly opened account, which is ILLEGAL.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed May 12, 2023

Very helpful and took time to explain things to me. She had lots of patience and listening to me to explain everything to her. She was very nice and understood my problem. Thank you if I need it to talk to anyone again I would love to talk with her because she just had so much patience patience.

Reviewed April 30, 2023

The person I spoke with understood what I was needing help with. I didn't have to wait long for assistance and my problem was resolved. She asked follow up questions to make sure I understood. She was very courteous.

Reviewed April 27, 2023

I needed to work out payment arrangements for accounts that needed to be resolved and they were willing to go beyond their standard offers and come up with a custom plan that fits my financial needs. I am now able to start improving my credit because of their willingness to compromise and meet me half way.

Reviewed April 19, 2023

They changed their number & couldn’t send my poor mother a notice or new number so my mom couldn’t contact 'em for over a month and they ended up charging a hefty penalty & froze their bank account. Said they were “too busy” when asked why they didn’t send any notice on their number change. Terrible company.

Reviewed March 29, 2023

Well I get something from the court early this year. I don't recognize the debt they're trying to collect or amount. I called them, was a awful experience, they just want money, not willing to listen at all. I'm now dealing with a garnishment from for a debt I don't know about. This company needs to be shut down. I tried to payment arrangement on this debt even but they're not willing cause they think they have the upper hand so will not negotiate. I everyone reports this company so this can be stopped.

Reviewed March 1, 2023

These guys seem to have a knack for getting things wrong. The company said I had a debt with a company I had never dealt with so I sent them a debt VALIDATION letter. They refused to send proof, good luck guys. SEE YOU IN COURT! Bunch of clowns!

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2023

I am going through a tough time in my life and I got a hold of them for a overdue bill. A mister ** helped me so I could avoid legal action and so I can focus on what I have going on with a lot less stress on me. Thanks so much.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2023

So back in 2018 Midland did a judgmental against me for $2900. At no time did they attempt to contact or leave a VM. Jump ahead to 2023, Garnishment starts via ADP. 25% of my weekly pay for a balance of now $3646. ADP informs me that after several deduction the remaining balance is $1161. So, I call Midland to pay remaining balance. They give me a higher balance of $1600. Come to find out ADP is mailing checks weekly. Midland receives check and sits on it for a week. Currently, Midland is two weeks behind on balance and is charging an 8% daily rate of interest. So, apparently Midland and ADP are not keeping in contact with one another to confirm remaining balance. If it wasn't for me to tell Midland to fax ADP to give exact amount. Because ADP is reporting 11 payments sent and Midland is only reporting 9 payments received plus the payment I just made of $1161.

Midland is a bunch of crooked thieves. Almost all call reps sound like they are from India or Pakistan until they transfer you to the legal office, but that is after they give you a runaround and transfer your call to multiple departments or tell you to call another number to just deal with someone else. So if you ever have to deal with them, then good luck.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

I used chat to communicate with an agent. He was courteous, patient and helpful in addition to answering my concerns. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to resolve my questions. I am very satisfied with the service rendered.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2023

The online chat was terrific! It made the payment process stress-free and the agent was very helpful and understanding. I initially had a problem getting my payment info to register and the agent was very patient and helpful in making sure that I was able to get registered.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2023

Midland calls me at least once a month. Most times I let it go to voicemail. But once in a while I answer it just to see what they are lying about that day. They say I have a loan out from LoanPoint USA. I've never had a loan out with that company. They say that I work for a Poco Technologies. I looked up Poco Technologies. It's a company in China! I have never worked for that company. They have my social which is worrisome. But everything else they say about me is not me. Today when I answered their call, they said they are waiting for me to file a police report disputing the LoanPoint loan. The police doesn't handle things like that. Supposedly they are "advancing my case to the Sheriff's department for prosecution." LOL The Sheriff's department doesn't handle that either! Don't believe what these guys are pushing. They are scam artists trying to get your hard earned money for themselves!

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

So an operator gets on my wife's phone telling me I per a bill for city finance. I was willing to pay in full. He couldn't draft or out my account in 6 days. First, he wanted 12 dollars than 1 dollar like it was a scam and when I refused to give a dollar he went off on telling me why a pice of ** person I was not paying my bills when I offered to pay in full when my taxes hit. I'm 6 days! Not 1 American on the phone all with accents and a pissy attitude. Pissed because I couldn't even remember owing this money and he couldn't scam me on the spot. Beware!!!

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2023

Peter ** was the agent who assisted me today. He was prompt, courteous and professional. He updated my address without any complications. I was very pleased with his demeanor and effectiveness. I would love to deal with him with any future issues I may have.

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2022

They are ok in taking care of your plannings in collections, I am happy with the results of paying off my credit collections and no longer have to deal with unnecessary calls after paying off my dues.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2022

I hope that MCM pays their LIVE chat workers well, because they are very knowledgeable and professional, and I don't care that they have decided to outsource this type of work. I just hope they are being well paid and taken care of, and aren't being abused. Thanks Bryan for your assistance!

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

Peter ** from MCM did a great job on helping me set up a perfect payment plan to pay off my account. I lost my previous job I had back in March 2022, and I only just started at a new job. The job market in my area was awful and couldn't find anything that could support me financially. Finally found said job and they understood my situation and helped me out. I hope that after paying them off, I never have collections again. It is awful for your credit score.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2022

Although it was just a simple act of confirming some info that was in question. I was able to access the chat and had my info in a few minutes. Fantastic customer service from Rebecca on the chat feature.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2022

I was behind on my payments so I call Midland Credit to tell them what happened and they were able to help me out with a payment plan to keep me on track. Appreciate them for taking the time out to listen.

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2022

I discovered that I had missed two payments on my payment plan according to a paper I received in the mail but I could not find it online. I contacted a representative using the Live Chat and she found the problem, provided a very reasonable solution, and my account was back to current in a matter of minutes. Very professional. Answered all my questions and did not rush me off the chat. I am very pleased with this experience and look forward to continuing to work with Midland.

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2022

For starters, this company outsources, which I understand it's a money move. But the outsourced employees are some of the most disrespectful, non-caring, nonchalant representatives you can talk to. THEY DO NOT CARE so don't look for empathy from them. All they'll do is give you scripted answers and you can BARELY understand what they're saying.... and that's IF you get someone. All I was trying to do was see what options I had for repayment and they transfer you from department to department, most of the time they're blind transfers so be prepared to repeat yourself A LOT. I finally had to resort to setting up a default plan online and when I tried to modify it by settling, they played the "transfer from person to person" game. One call with them will COMPLETELY exhaust you and leave you STILL trying to get answers!

Reviewed July 24, 2022

I didn’t realize how horrible this place is until I read similar reviews to mine. I called when I received a letter that legal action would be taken against me. On one account I’ve been told twice they could get the payment down from $2400 to $1900 and both times no one put it in the system. Now they won’t work with me on a resolution and I was lied to twice. I just paid off one account and if I don’t receive my official letter then I’ll be calling constantly. This company cannot be trusted!

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2021

I give up on Midland Credit. I have a bill that is owned by Midland. I have been calling for weeks. Every time I speak with someone they give me another number to call and another extension to speak to various people. I call and leave messages, no one calls back. I call again and go through the same thing. When I call this extension, I just am placed on hold for hours. I am trying to fix my credit and don't know what to do at this point. Strange way to do business.

Reviewed July 21, 2021

They, are very sneaky. You, can hardly understand their so called customer service department. A pure headache they are. There, are a lot of ??? surrounding this company and their practices. I, have read many complaints about this company and it is not good.

Reviewed July 1, 2021

I found myself with a little bit of debt and unable to pay. My debt was bought by Midland. Trying to get through to the department handling my account is non-existent. I have tried for the last 30 days to pay this bill off. When calling in I get transferred to a voicemail where I never receive a call back. I been calling three times a day, leaving voice mail after voicemail with no return call. The representative you get when transferred will not provide any information and are extremely unfriendly when challenged. I was able to find my account online and and have additional questions. Why would I pay something you can't give me full detailed information to ensure my questions are addressed?

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed May 6, 2021

I had two debts that were acquired by Midland Credit Management. They sent me a letter threatening a lawsuit at which time I paid both accounts in full. This was in November of 2020. It is now May of 2021 and their website still shows that I owe $1.176.02. When I call, they confirm the account has been paid in full and closed, the debt is not accurate... however, my credit reports all still show this account is still in collections with a debt owed. I call this company once per month and get a complete runaround for hours where nobody knows what to say, managers are not available, someone will call me but it never happens.

I have requested and registered receipt of requests on their website for someone to call me and it never happens. I have NO DEBT to any creditor, but my credit score is being severely affected by a Midland report that I am in collections. When I dispute their claim, they verify that the collection is accurate. Why will nobody help me, it's been 6 months!

StaffTransparency

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2020

On 10/21/20 I received correspondence from Midland Credit Management notifying me that I owed $917.19 to them. No explanations as to what the charges were, just that I owed them $917.19. And, in order to avoid court arrangement, I needed to settle this immediately. After phoning Midland, I asked for the last 4 SSN's on the account. They were different than mine. I told them they had the wrong person. I gave them my full SSN, DOB, home address and phone number.

On 10/23, I was served with a court hearing arrangement. The arrangement papers gave a different origination address than mine where I've lived for the last 30 yrs. Now, I've got to appear in court to prove my own identity and repudiate the miss identity Midland has used. Is this a reputable, reliant company that can't even do the diligence necessary to get one's identity correct before filing court papers against them? What a fraud! Internet search reveals they've had one or more lawsuits filed against them for fraud charges. They may have one more.

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

I have set up a payment plan with them over 5 times now. My bank pays them with no issues on my bank's end. But every month they call to tell me that it didn't go through. Now they want my debit cards over the phone. I told them no way. I've set up payment with them multiple times. I have the payment plan in writing. Issues in their computer system are not my problem. Beware.

Customer ServicePriceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2020

I had a credit card that they purchased and then sued me in court for and got a judgement against me. I called and worked out a payment plan and worked with a good collection customer service person. I have made a total of 4 payments that have been on time and per our agreement and have two more small payments left. Well this month August 2020 I came in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and had to get tested myself and had to self isolate which meant no work.

I called on 8/13/2020 and asked if my payment for this month could be extended to another date. The man I spoke to was rude and said I had a judgement and could not break the arrangement. I said, "I am not breaking an arrangement but asking for an extension." He rattled on again and I said, "You are not listening to me and "I am not breaking my arrangement." He then said and I quote "I take offense to you saying I am not listening." This guy is a grown man and he takes offense to telling him he is not listening! Seriously he needs to man up and act like an adult instead of a toddler.

I finally got through to him after explaining it to him like I would to one of my preschool students in my class and he understood after I explained it in a way that he could understand. Wish I had gotten an attorney when this all happened and had them work out something in my favor. What turned out to be a 300.00 credit card bill turned out to be over 1000. I had tried to make payments but fell on hard times. This company takes people court left and right. It seems to be what they thrive off of.

Reviewed July 22, 2020

I received a legal document from this collection agency, earlier this year. Until then I never heard of Midland Credit Management. After calling an attorney we took this company to court. It took an appeals court judge to rule in my favor. So as of this writing, I don't have to pay these bloodsuckers anything. Take my advice and Sue this company. It won't be long before they turn tail and run. Because they haven't a legal leg to stand on.

Reviewed July 13, 2020

I have attempted contact to the correct department 4 times in two days to notify them the debt has been settled. They are still sending me a letter advising me of the unsettled debt. Nobody called me back. I asked to speak to the person who has a signature on the letter I received and I was told he does not take any phone calls. I really cannot understand how a company cannot respond in a timely fashion.

Reviewed May 19, 2020

I have spoken with so many people, Kellan, Paul **, Ben **, Ralph, Jerry **. Rude. Hung up on. When I asked for an email regarding our conversation of a refund they refused. I would never work with this company if I didn’t have to. Very sad especially due to the fact that our country is hurting due to covid.

Reviewed March 10, 2020

I was blessed to receive some extra cash and decided to clean up my credit report by paying off most of my bills. I had two to three bills that Midland Credit had purchased. Called and paid off. Great right? No! There was an old bill that was over 7 years old that actually had fallen off credit reports. When I got to work on Monday morning I had received all these calls so I calls the number not knowing who it was; guess who? Midland Credit. They were trying to get money for this bill. I told that they were not going to get a dime from me for a bill that is almost 10 years old and also one of their reps told me that I did have to pay it because it was an old debt that they cannot go after.

I asked the young lady why did she called me on my work number because just paid them off and they should have my phone number. She said nothing but sorry and hung up. I get in the mail a refund check for forty-something dollars (not going to cash it). I look on my credit score and they put out there that I owe them fifty something. I am about to dispute all this. They have made fico score drop 5 points because of their false reporting. Thank God I keep all the receipts.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2020

Just when I/we thought ride sharing company had poor customer service- oh try this one!!!! Poor customer service as they never have a straight answer. Always deviating your question as if it was a pole hole on a highway. They operate in a fashion that makes consumers question their credibility. First time they contacted me, I was like oh boy- here we go again with the fraud calls. It took me weeks to investigate this company and was still not convinced. They have a 1 star review and that should speak for itself. I mean do we know how hard you have to be working to get a 1 star review? Unless one only has 1 customer but it is not the case here.

Why do we still trust them to operate and manage people's account? On a scale of 1-10: I will pick 1 as one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. Maybe we have forgotten the definition of customer service: Customer service is the provision of service to the consumer before, during, or and after a purchase. Company have customer service not only to support their products but also to assist customers by answering their questions, needs and inquiries in relationship to the product. We consumer are not or should not have to jump through hoops just to obtain information about the unfortunate service that we have to go through. People just don't chose to go to collection. I did not chose this company to contact me about my credit card debt but got here due to a wrong turn just like many people (in many respect).

I personally think that this business has a flaw- especially with their customer service team. Dealing with them is like drilling a hole on boat in the middle of the ocean to fish. Best paying off the bills to avoid them at all cost or even acquiring service elsewhere if possible is a lot ideal. If you value peace of mind over all else- pay them and get rid of them to avoid useless frustration and waste of time. For what it is worth, you are better off having an attorney or a debt consolidating company deal with them than trying to resolve an issue that has been recognized by many others (customer or not). Moral of this: Do not get into debt if you are unable to pay it for company like this will make you wish time traveling was a 100% possible and available to common public. Best regards all.

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2020

My wife had an old credit card debt that had been sold to Midland Credit Management. She got served with papers saying that they were suing her. She called them and attempted to set up a payment plan with them, but they wouldn't work with her on a monthly payment. Today I found out that our bank account had been cleaned out, including all of our savings to satisfy this debt. I feel like this is illegal, since neither her or I was notified of this by either a legal document or even a phone call. Any advice out there??? Is this Legal??

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2020

“Tim **” with a deep Indian accent is so rude. I called because they kept calling my old job asking for me. I called to see what they want and to get them to stop calling a number that’s not mine. He said “We will update it when we get a payment arrangement.” I said “You are calling a number that’s not even mine” and all he said was “you owe us money, we will change the number when we get a payment agreement”. DO NOT PAY THEM!

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2020

Very disappointed in how the company handles your account. After losing my job and being disabled I needed to stop payment arranged for a few months. 3 months of no payment and they have a lawsuit against me and will not work with me. Horrible company!

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2020

I was sued by Midland Credit. They hire "representatives" in your area to represent them in court. These people will tell you things such as you should call them to work out a payment plan. I called after he told me this and Midland told me, "This was untrue. We will garnish your wages and would not accept any payment plan."

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2019

This place will call and make derogatory statements about you and your finances. I had a settlement and told them I will call to make that payment on that day. When I called to make the settlement payment. They said no payment is due in full now. Because I modified the arrangement by calling to make the payment on that day because of with the holidays to make sure the payment is in my account. They said since they couldn't take it out as we agreed that I owe the balance in full.