Find a Debt Settlement partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Midland Credit Management

Midland Credit Management is a debt collection agency that helps consumers pay off overdue debts. The company reaches out to consumers via mail or email to help them create personalized payment plans.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• n/a

Cons

• n/a

Bottom Line

Midland Credit Management is an online debt collection agency that tries to help consumers resolve their debt obligations.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Midland Credit Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My wife had an old credit card debt that had been sold to Midland Credit Management. She got served with papers saying that they were suing her. She called them and attempted to set up a payment plan with them, but they wouldn't work with her on a monthly payment. Today I found out that our bank account had been cleaned out, including all of our savings to satisfy this debt. I feel like this is illegal, since neither her or I was notified of this by either a legal document or even a phone call. Any advice out there??? Is this Legal??

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

“Tim **” with a deep Indian accent is so rude. I called because they kept calling my old job asking for me. I called to see what they want and to get them to stop calling a number that’s not mine. He said “We will update it when we get a payment arrangement.” I said “You are calling a number that’s not even mine” and all he said was “you owe us money, we will change the number when we get a payment agreement”. DO NOT PAY THEM!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Very disappointed in how the company handles your account. After losing my job and being disabled I needed to stop payment arranged for a few months. 3 months of no payment and they have a lawsuit against me and will not work with me. Horrible company!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I was sued by Midland Credit. They hire "representatives" in your area to represent them in court. These people will tell you things such as you should call them to work out a payment plan. I called after he told me this and Midland told me, "This was untrue. We will garnish your wages and would not accept any payment plan."

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

This place will call and make derogatory statements about you and your finances. I had a settlement and told them I will call to make that payment on that day. When I called to make the settlement payment. They said no payment is due in full now. Because I modified the arrangement by calling to make the payment on that day because of with the holidays to make sure the payment is in my account. They said since they couldn't take it out as we agreed that I owe the balance in full.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Midland purchased a bad debt of ours. We were finally able to offer a small settlement amount. We sent our offer in writing, certified return receipt. Company immediately sent us a pre-legal notification, requesting same amount, ignoring our offer. We had requested a cease and desist to call notice, which they seemed to abide by. But we had a small amount of funds to offer, so we phoned them (and all our other creditors who worked with us). From level one to the top manager (supposed top manager Kathi **, and her downline person Richard **). These two people kept me on the phone for 52+ minutes, trying to shame me. I really felt abused. They did not want to accept my offer. They simply should have refused me and moved on. I'll go to the court hearing, no fear there, but they sure tried to intimidate and shame me. I hope their recording was actually recorded, because I'm sure otherwise their documentation will be a probable lie.

Today Mr. ** phoned again, and I finally had to say to him, "You will no longer intimidate me. We are done." I HAD to hang up, for he and his supervisor just held me over a barrel and said same thing over and over to me like accusing abusers. It seems a bit scary to wonder who trained them to behave this way, and what is in their own personal closets of terror that they would try to shift it over onto me and all the other people they phone. All the other creditors we have worked with have been highly professional. Not these people. It was like a crime scene. It this seems insulting, I am sorry, but I hope you share my experience. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

About 13 years ago I opened a credit card with another bank. I used the card one time to buy gas for my car. I received the bill and it said I owed a balance of over $600. I called them and they said the charges were processing fees. I told them I was holding the paperwork I signed for the card and these so called processing fees were not in the contract. I told them I didn't want to card. That I would pay the amount I put on the card in gas and I expected them to cancel the card and the processing fees or I would report them to the BBB. They agreed and took my payment for the gas and said the card was canceled. They never closed the card and bounced the debt to collection agencies ultimately ending up with Midland whom contacted me last year.

I explained to them it was a bad debt but they wanted proof, proof from 13 years ago. I then acquiesced and told them I would pay a lower amount. I told the very rude person I wanted the deal we came up with in writing and then I would send a bank check. He stated he needed a good faith payment right then and there. I told him I would not give him my banking info and he would have to send me the paper work and agree in the paper work that this would satisfy the whole debt and that when the money was paid they would have to close the debt out with the credit bureaus. He insisted on me paying right there with my bank information.

Finally after being talked over I hung up on him. Months later I get served to go to court over this minor debt. I decided I wasn't going to waste money on a lawyer or miss work for this. Yesterday I received paperwork that they won the court case and my employer is allowing them to garnish my wages. Why do the court systems protect these extortionist?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Received a call on my cell phone. Asking for my brother. How they got my cell phone number is beyond me. They would not tell me what the call was about. When I informed them that my brother had passed away they told me his estate would be sued. The only way I know this is Midland Credit Management is because I called the number back and got a voicemail. The man who called was very hard to understand. He sounded like he was from India or somewhere like that. They wanted me to send them a copy of my brother's death certificate. That sure is not gonna happen.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I received a notice at work my wages were to be garnished!? What!? Well you have to go to court after being served and lose in order for a garnishment. Well Midland served my old address by taping a summons to the door. I obviously did not show up for court and lost. They were trying to garnish thousands. I researched for days. Found out that they are crooks that buy bad debts serve people and win due to no one showing up for court! I went to the court. Served them with a motion to vacate due to improper address being served. We went to court and it was dismissed!! Had I not gone they would have definitely won. Never allow anyone that you do not owe take money from you because you don't know what to do. Research!!

Original review: July 31, 2019

They charge me for the phone calls they made to me to collect balance past due 10 days. They charge $170 late fee. They received my payment 12 days later and did not want to waive it. They have Very poor communication to alert their customer when the balance is due. My.

Midland Credit Management Company Information