Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.19/5

Midland Credit Management

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Midland Credit Management Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had some old credit card debt that Midland bought up, nothing huge. They were merciless in calling day and night. I got served court papers back in February of 2018 - they sued me for $1000, wasted money on an attorney to do it, too lol. Watch your backs, because it's legal for them to get a judgement against you, and you'll never know it (luckily, I did). If they are threatening to sue you in court, and they do not INTEND to sue you, get a lawyer asap. In my case, I VOLUNTARILY called THEM and settled I think two other cc accounts, on my own. SO them suing me was ridiculous. I explained that our pay went down for a time, and we couldn't make our payments, but are fixing things!

Companies like this research addresses, and will send something to an old address knowing it won't get to you. Anyway, I paid off my court-appointed payment schedule months ago, and just yesterday 3/19/2019 I got a letter from Midland in the mail for around $233 to pay off an old credit card. I made arrangements to pay 6 payments of $38 to settle this. Long story short, turns out it was MORE MONEY they added to the already-paid court case from 2018! I googled Midland, and sure enough have seen many reports that they are adding money to people's accounts. I think they threaten you with the court paperwork, because they said "there's a judgement against you in court"... So they know you'll pay it!

I'm gathering all my bank statements, etc and going to fight these people. They are out of California, but hide through international means. It's not fair, and they need to stop. They've been sued by the Federal Government, and several private citizens for violations, and still they operate under shade. Make sure you log on to their website and screenshot everything they have on you, all your payments, etc. EVERYTHING! Keep detailed records, phone calls (get names, although we know it's not "real" names), times etc. Document everything! And KNOW YOUR RIGHTS when it comes to these debt collectors. Midland doesn't play around, and they WILL get a judgement if they can.

Original review: March 15, 2019

These people are just horrible! I called to pay off an account and only to find out they added $420 onto the account! They couldn't tell me where the extra amount came from only that they will settle with what the amount the balance should've been which is $555. SMH.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Starting to get daily calls (from different numbers) about a Capital One account I supposedly owe $4000 on. Not sure how they got my number, but this is impossible as I've never had a Capital One account with a limit over $600.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My husband was contacted for a debt to be paid and after the scare tactics of threatening to go to court he authorized me to speak with the representative. I asked for a debt validation letter to be sure this wasn’t a scam. And was told it was a tactic to buy time. Then I was hung up on. He refused to speak to me when I tried calling back. If this was a real business I doubt their customer service is that awful. I contacted my credit card company and they had place my acct. with Atlantic services NOT Midland. Sound like SCAM?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I’ve sent in police report and dispute through certified mail for 1 fraudulent account from 2014 that I had never heard of. I am currently trying to fix another account they have as well and I can’t pay it online because it tells me to call in. Calling in goes to voicemail. I have been leaving voicemails with account number, name and phone number so I can get this all taken care of and NO ONE IS RETURNING MY CALLS! What is going on with this business? I am afraid this is a scam??? Which would really suck because I’ve already taken care of another account last month through them... I am really worried. Where did this company go? Is it even real?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I received a call from Midland Credit management about a $655 balance in collections on a card that doesn't exist on an account I've never opened. I explained this to the woman as I was looking at my credit report to verify. Her response was "Oh, that seems fishy, maybe we have the wrong person. Can you provide the last four digits of your social security number?" I then hung up immediately. Sounds a lot like a scam to me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My Best Buy account was taken over by Midland Credit Management, who took me to court for the funds owed. I had contacted Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) to assist me, prior to the court date. I made my payments monthly through CCCS. In September 2018, I made my final payments to CCCS for all my bills owed. CCCS sent all my pay-offs to my creditors on September 24, 2018. They were all posted and my accounts cleared, except for Midland. Although Midland received over $1,200 as my pay-off, they are still showing that I owe them.

CCCS contacted Midland and was told that the funds were posted to an incorrect account and it would take 4-6 months to get it corrected. That is unacceptable. It does not take that long to move the funds from the incorrect account to my account. I sent them a letter on December 7, 2018 to post my pay-off and clear this account through the court. Neither has been done as of today, December 20, 2018. I am trying to clear my credit report but Midland is procrastinating on posting my pay-off.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I've called them on my own, for a debt of 600.00. The lady I spoke to was very rude and demanding when I called back to make my good faith payment. I sent an email to the company, letting them know I would no longer speak to them on the phone. Due to my hardship and disability, refused to take that nonsense talk. I understand they are attempting to collect an debt but their website states they would work with you on payment. She refused to send a updated letter in the mail so I can make payment. I owe as of now 300.00. Let's see if I get an email or letter?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The best advise I can give is do not ever answer the phone if these guys call. After daily calls with no voicemail I decided to answer. They began talking about an account I never opened and was already disputing. The account was opened almost seven years ago and I've been trying to get it off my credit report almost that long. I explained to the heavily accented guy that this was not my account and he tried to have me log in to their website to look at "my account." I refused as it is not mine so he told me to get a police report, which I did, and write them a formal dispute letter, which I did and mail it into them, which I did.

Two business days later the same guy called me back and said that what I sent was insufficient. I said, I mailed it two days ago, it's not possible you even have it yet. So I asked what else they needed and all he could tell me was it was insufficient. And of course again began trying to get me to pay. After I called him out for lying about having reviewed my letters in the mail, he said they would review them when they got them and call me back. Meanwhile I looked on my credit report and there is a new collection account, just opened, the first day I answered the phone call from these scumbags. Moral of the story, do not negotiate with terrorists. If I had never answered they would not have put this on my credit file and it would have soon dropped off my report.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Was speaking to a representative at Midland about credit repair and then out of nowhere they just disappeared and then never helped me with my credit. Not sure if he got fired or he just didn't want to help me but was not happy about being ignored.

Midland Credit Management Company Information