2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Midland Credit Management is a debt collection agency that helps consumers pay off overdue debts. The company reaches out to consumers via mail or email to help them create personalized payment plans.

Find my match

Midland Credit Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

This place will call and make derogatory statements about you and your finances. I had a settlement and told them I will call to make that payment on that day. When I called to make the settlement payment. They said no payment is due in full now. Because I modified the arrangement by calling to make the payment on that day because of with the holidays to make sure the payment is in my account. They said since they couldn't take it out as we agreed that I owe the balance in full.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Midland purchased a bad debt of ours. We were finally able to offer a small settlement amount. We sent our offer in writing, certified return receipt. Company immediately sent us a pre-legal notification, requesting same amount, ignoring our offer. We had requested a cease and desist to call notice, which they seemed to abide by. But we had a small amount of funds to offer, so we phoned them (and all our other creditors who worked with us). From level one to the top manager (supposed top manager Kathi **, and her downline person Richard **). These two people kept me on the phone for 52+ minutes, trying to shame me. I really felt abused. They did not want to accept my offer. They simply should have refused me and moved on. I'll go to the court hearing, no fear there, but they sure tried to intimidate and shame me. I hope their recording was actually recorded, because I'm sure otherwise their documentation will be a probable lie.

Today Mr. ** phoned again, and I finally had to say to him, "You will no longer intimidate me. We are done." I HAD to hang up, for he and his supervisor just held me over a barrel and said same thing over and over to me like accusing abusers. It seems a bit scary to wonder who trained them to behave this way, and what is in their own personal closets of terror that they would try to shift it over onto me and all the other people they phone. All the other creditors we have worked with have been highly professional. Not these people. It was like a crime scene. It this seems insulting, I am sorry, but I hope you share my experience. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

About 13 years ago I opened a credit card with another bank. I used the card one time to buy gas for my car. I received the bill and it said I owed a balance of over $600. I called them and they said the charges were processing fees. I told them I was holding the paperwork I signed for the card and these so called processing fees were not in the contract. I told them I didn't want to card. That I would pay the amount I put on the card in gas and I expected them to cancel the card and the processing fees or I would report them to the BBB. They agreed and took my payment for the gas and said the card was canceled. They never closed the card and bounced the debt to collection agencies ultimately ending up with Midland whom contacted me last year.

I explained to them it was a bad debt but they wanted proof, proof from 13 years ago. I then acquiesced and told them I would pay a lower amount. I told the very rude person I wanted the deal we came up with in writing and then I would send a bank check. He stated he needed a good faith payment right then and there. I told him I would not give him my banking info and he would have to send me the paper work and agree in the paper work that this would satisfy the whole debt and that when the money was paid they would have to close the debt out with the credit bureaus. He insisted on me paying right there with my bank information.

Finally after being talked over I hung up on him. Months later I get served to go to court over this minor debt. I decided I wasn't going to waste money on a lawyer or miss work for this. Yesterday I received paperwork that they won the court case and my employer is allowing them to garnish my wages. Why do the court systems protect these extortionist?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Received a call on my cell phone. Asking for my brother. How they got my cell phone number is beyond me. They would not tell me what the call was about. When I informed them that my brother had passed away they told me his estate would be sued. The only way I know this is Midland Credit Management is because I called the number back and got a voicemail. The man who called was very hard to understand. He sounded like he was from India or somewhere like that. They wanted me to send them a copy of my brother's death certificate. That sure is not gonna happen.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I received a notice at work my wages were to be garnished!? What!? Well you have to go to court after being served and lose in order for a garnishment. Well Midland served my old address by taping a summons to the door. I obviously did not show up for court and lost. They were trying to garnish thousands. I researched for days. Found out that they are crooks that buy bad debts serve people and win due to no one showing up for court! I went to the court. Served them with a motion to vacate due to improper address being served. We went to court and it was dismissed!! Had I not gone they would have definitely won. Never allow anyone that you do not owe take money from you because you don't know what to do. Research!!

Original review: July 31, 2019

They charge me for the phone calls they made to me to collect balance past due 10 days. They charge $170 late fee. They received my payment 12 days later and did not want to waive it. They have Very poor communication to alert their customer when the balance is due. My.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Today my bank account was 500.00 less than yesterday. I called my bank to ask why I see a hold on my account for 500 plus another 75 on hold. I was told that there was a Legal hold placed on my account for 500.00 plus another 75 the bank charges for having to process the legal hold. I asked my bank who put a legal hold on my account and she said it shows as the LA County Sheriff Department. She said the sheriff sent the legal notice to Chase. So she said I will give you the phone number and you can call them to find out what this is about. So I called the toll free number my bank gave me and the person answers Midland Credit Management. It's not the sheriff dept.

I asked the person on the phone why there is a legal hold on my account and how can you do that when I never received any documents stating that you are going to be taking the funds out of my account. They said because I had agreed when originally paying the 1200.00 debt and I defaulted and I still owe 500.00 and since they haven't heard any resolution from me that they have the right to file suit and there is a judgement against me so that is why they can put a legal hold on any assets or funds for the debt.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have an alleged Best Buy account that was taken over by Midland Funding LLC. According to this collections agency I have an outstanding debt on a Best Buy Credit Card. Well I never used a Best Buy Credit Card. These people called sometimes 5 times a day. Anyways they told me they closed this matter and it’s over with. Well that is a lie! They filed a suit in the Monterey Courts which is scheduled for June 29, 2019. I frankly don’t care and will not show up for this hearing. I know that if a judgement is awarded to these crooks they can’t collect from my bank accounts. I only get Social Security which under Law can’t be garnished. I have sent proof this account wasn’t mine and spoken with their Lawyers. Nothing has been resolved except them telling me the case is closed and settled. So why didn’t they close the court hearing? This is a dangerous group of crooks who lie and cheat. They can’t be trusted!!

Original review: May 25, 2019

Please do not use this company! All my credit reports have them falling off by May 2020! However Midland funding claiming my credit reports are wrong & they won't be falling off. They are pissed that the statute of limitations for the state of PA is 4 years and they cannot legally come after me! They expect me to pay but they have no leg to stand on since it's over 4 years and about to fall off credit report!!! They will never see a dime from me! My next step will be lodging a complaint with P State Attorney's office for the threatening letter they sent me.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I received a notification that they had taken over a debt. I wrote a letter the very next day and mailed it to the address on the notice. I received my letter back today with a post office label saying that it was undeliverable as addressed. How can that be when I used their address from the notice? Now it is more than the thirty days that they allow for disputes (my original letter was mailed out on April 5 and today is May 14). I don't know what I can do at this point.

I wasn't actually disputing the debt itself, I wanted to confirm the amount owed and set up a payment plan once it was confirmed. How they could feasibly go after me for the entire balance at once and I absolutely have no way of paying that (I have a very limited income and too many bills). I can't believe that they have an address on correspondence that is incorrect which makes it impossible for people to file a dispute with them in writing. There must be something that can be done to stop them.

Midland Credit Management Company Information