Find a Debt Settlement partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Midland Credit Management

Midland Credit Management is a debt collection agency that helps consumers pay off overdue debts. The company reaches out to consumers via mail or email to help them create personalized payment plans.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• n/a

Cons

• n/a

Bottom Line

Midland Credit Management is an online debt collection agency that tries to help consumers resolve their debt obligations.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Midland Credit Management?

Midland Credit Management is an online collection agency that helps consumers resolve debts. The company provides consumers with flexible options for paying off their debts and educational resources to help them create a financially stable future.

The company operates in 50 states and has helped over 7 million consumers get out of debt.

How does Midland Credit Management work?

Midland Credit Management may contact you if you have overdue debts or haven’t been meeting your minimum monthly payments. Accounts that are eligible for Midland Credit Management’s services include:

• Clients who haven’t made a payment on their debts in at least 180 days
    • Clients who are paying less than the creditor requires

In either of these situations, your lender may put your account into collections or sell it to an agency like Midland Credit Management. Midland Credit Management then contacts you and attempts to find a realistic way to resolve your overdue debts.

Is Midland Credit Management legit?

While you can’t apply for Midland Credit Management’s services, its program is helpful if you’re unable to pay past debts or are struggling to meet minimum payment requirements. Visit its website or refer to the information the company sent you for more details.

Midland Credit Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I give up on Midland Credit. I have a bill that is owned by Midland. I have been calling for weeks. Every time I speak with someone they give me another number to call and another extension to speak to various people. I call and leave messages, no one calls back. I call again and go through the same thing. When I call this extension, I just am placed on hold for hours. I am trying to fix my credit and don't know what to do at this point. Strange way to do business.

Original review: July 21, 2021

They, are very sneaky. You, can hardly understand their so called customer service department. A pure headache they are. There, are a lot of ??? surrounding this company and their practices. I, have read many complaints about this company and it is not good.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I found myself with a little bit of debt and unable to pay. My debt was bought by Midland. Trying to get through to the department handling my account is non-existent. I have tried for the last 30 days to pay this bill off. When calling in I get transferred to a voicemail where I never receive a call back. I been calling three times a day, leaving voice mail after voicemail with no return call. The representative you get when transferred will not provide any information and are extremely unfriendly when challenged. I was able to find my account online and and have additional questions. Why would I pay something you can't give me full detailed information to ensure my questions are addressed?

Original review: May 6, 2021

I had two debts that were acquired by Midland Credit Management. They sent me a letter threatening a lawsuit at which time I paid both accounts in full. This was in November of 2020. It is now May of 2021 and their website still shows that I owe $1.176.02. When I call, they confirm the account has been paid in full and closed, the debt is not accurate... however, my credit reports all still show this account is still in collections with a debt owed. I call this company once per month and get a complete runaround for hours where nobody knows what to say, managers are not available, someone will call me but it never happens.

I have requested and registered receipt of requests on their website for someone to call me and it never happens. I have NO DEBT to any creditor, but my credit score is being severely affected by a Midland report that I am in collections. When I dispute their claim, they verify that the collection is accurate. Why will nobody help me, it's been 6 months!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

On 10/21/20 I received correspondence from Midland Credit Management notifying me that I owed $917.19 to them. No explanations as to what the charges were, just that I owed them $917.19. And, in order to avoid court arrangement, I needed to settle this immediately. After phoning Midland, I asked for the last 4 SSN's on the account. They were different than mine. I told them they had the wrong person. I gave them my full SSN, DOB, home address and phone number.

On 10/23, I was served with a court hearing arrangement. The arrangement papers gave a different origination address than mine where I've lived for the last 30 yrs. Now, I've got to appear in court to prove my own identity and repudiate the miss identity Midland has used. Is this a reputable, reliant company that can't even do the diligence necessary to get one's identity correct before filing court papers against them? What a fraud! Internet search reveals they've had one or more lawsuits filed against them for fraud charges. They may have one more.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have set up a payment plan with them over 5 times now. My bank pays them with no issues on my bank's end. But every month they call to tell me that it didn't go through. Now they want my debit cards over the phone. I told them no way. I've set up payment with them multiple times. I have the payment plan in writing. Issues in their computer system are not my problem. Beware.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I received a legal document from this collection agency, earlier this year. Until then I never heard of Midland Credit Management. After calling an attorney we took this company to court. It took an appeals court judge to rule in my favor. So as of this writing, I don't have to pay these bloodsuckers anything. Take my advice and Sue this company. It won't be long before they turn tail and run. Because they haven't a legal leg to stand on.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I have attempted contact to the correct department 4 times in two days to notify them the debt has been settled. They are still sending me a letter advising me of the unsettled debt. Nobody called me back. I asked to speak to the person who has a signature on the letter I received and I was told he does not take any phone calls. I really cannot understand how a company cannot respond in a timely fashion.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I was blessed to receive some extra cash and decided to clean up my credit report by paying off most of my bills. I had two to three bills that Midland Credit had purchased. Called and paid off. Great right? No! There was an old bill that was over 7 years old that actually had fallen off credit reports. When I got to work on Monday morning I had received all these calls so I calls the number not knowing who it was; guess who? Midland Credit. They were trying to get money for this bill. I told that they were not going to get a dime from me for a bill that is almost 10 years old and also one of their reps told me that I did have to pay it because it was an old debt that they cannot go after.

I asked the young lady why did she called me on my work number because just paid them off and they should have my phone number. She said nothing but sorry and hung up. I get in the mail a refund check for forty-something dollars (not going to cash it). I look on my credit score and they put out there that I owe them fifty something. I am about to dispute all this. They have made fico score drop 5 points because of their false reporting. Thank God I keep all the receipts.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Just when I/we thought ride sharing company had poor customer service- oh try this one!!!! Poor customer service as they never have a straight answer. Always deviating your question as if it was a pole hole on a highway. They operate in a fashion that makes consumers question their credibility. First time they contacted me, I was like oh boy- here we go again with the fraud calls. It took me weeks to investigate this company and was still not convinced. They have a 1 star review and that should speak for itself. I mean do we know how hard you have to be working to get a 1 star review? Unless one only has 1 customer but it is not the case here.

Why do we still trust them to operate and manage people's account? On a scale of 1-10: I will pick 1 as one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. Maybe we have forgotten the definition of customer service: Customer service is the provision of service to the consumer before, during, or and after a purchase. Company have customer service not only to support their products but also to assist customers by answering their questions, needs and inquiries in relationship to the product. We consumer are not or should not have to jump through hoops just to obtain information about the unfortunate service that we have to go through. People just don't chose to go to collection. I did not chose this company to contact me about my credit card debt but got here due to a wrong turn just like many people (in many respect).

I personally think that this business has a flaw- especially with their customer service team. Dealing with them is like drilling a hole on boat in the middle of the ocean to fish. Best paying off the bills to avoid them at all cost or even acquiring service elsewhere if possible is a lot ideal. If you value peace of mind over all else- pay them and get rid of them to avoid useless frustration and waste of time. For what it is worth, you are better off having an attorney or a debt consolidating company deal with them than trying to resolve an issue that has been recognized by many others (customer or not). Moral of this: Do not get into debt if you are unable to pay it for company like this will make you wish time traveling was a 100% possible and available to common public. Best regards all.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Midland Credit Management Company Information