2. Finance

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Midland Credit Management is a debt collection agency that helps consumers pay off overdue debts. The company reaches out to consumers via mail or email to help them create personalized payment plans.

Midland Credit Management Call Now Toll Free (855) 579-9181 Learn More

Find my match
Call Now Toll Free

What is Midland Credit Management?

Midland Credit Management is an online collection agency that helps consumers resolve debts. The company provides consumers with flexible options for paying off their debts and educational resources to help them create a financially stable future.

The company operates in 50 states and has helped over 7 million consumers get out of debt.

How does Midland Credit Management work?

Midland Credit Management may contact you if you have overdue debts or haven’t been meeting your minimum monthly payments. Accounts that are eligible for Midland Credit Management’s services include:

• Clients who haven’t made a payment on their debts in at least 180 days
  • Clients who are paying less than the creditor requires

In either of these situations, your lender may put your account into collections or sell it to an agency like Midland Credit Management. Midland Credit Management then contacts you and attempts to find a realistic way to resolve your overdue debts.

Is Midland Credit Management legit?

While you can’t apply for Midland Credit Management’s services, its program is helpful if you’re unable to pay past debts or are struggling to meet minimum payment requirements. Visit its website or refer to the information the company sent you for more details.

Midland Credit Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: July 22, 2020

I received a legal document from this collection agency, earlier this year. Until then I never heard of Midland Credit Management. After calling an attorney we took this company to court. It took an appeals court judge to rule in my favor. So as of this writing, I don't have to pay these bloodsuckers anything. Take my advice and Sue this company. It won't be long before they turn tail and run. Because they haven't a legal leg to stand on.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I have attempted contact to the correct department 4 times in two days to notify them the debt has been settled. They are still sending me a letter advising me of the unsettled debt. Nobody called me back. I asked to speak to the person who has a signature on the letter I received and I was told he does not take any phone calls. I really cannot understand how a company cannot respond in a timely fashion.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I was blessed to receive some extra cash and decided to clean up my credit report by paying off most of my bills. I had two to three bills that Midland Credit had purchased. Called and paid off. Great right? No! There was an old bill that was over 7 years old that actually had fallen off credit reports. When I got to work on Monday morning I had received all these calls so I calls the number not knowing who it was; guess who? Midland Credit. They were trying to get money for this bill. I told that they were not going to get a dime from me for a bill that is almost 10 years old and also one of their reps told me that I did have to pay it because it was an old debt that they cannot go after.

I asked the young lady why did she called me on my work number because just paid them off and they should have my phone number. She said nothing but sorry and hung up. I get in the mail a refund check for forty-something dollars (not going to cash it). I look on my credit score and they put out there that I owe them fifty something. I am about to dispute all this. They have made fico score drop 5 points because of their false reporting. Thank God I keep all the receipts.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Just when I/we thought ride sharing company had poor customer service- oh try this one!!!! Poor customer service as they never have a straight answer. Always deviating your question as if it was a pole hole on a highway. They operate in a fashion that makes consumers question their credibility. First time they contacted me, I was like oh boy- here we go again with the fraud calls. It took me weeks to investigate this company and was still not convinced. They have a 1 star review and that should speak for itself. I mean do we know how hard you have to be working to get a 1 star review? Unless one only has 1 customer but it is not the case here.

Why do we still trust them to operate and manage people's account? On a scale of 1-10: I will pick 1 as one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. Maybe we have forgotten the definition of customer service: Customer service is the provision of service to the consumer before, during, or and after a purchase. Company have customer service not only to support their products but also to assist customers by answering their questions, needs and inquiries in relationship to the product. We consumer are not or should not have to jump through hoops just to obtain information about the unfortunate service that we have to go through. People just don't chose to go to collection. I did not chose this company to contact me about my credit card debt but got here due to a wrong turn just like many people (in many respect).

I personally think that this business has a flaw- especially with their customer service team. Dealing with them is like drilling a hole on boat in the middle of the ocean to fish. Best paying off the bills to avoid them at all cost or even acquiring service elsewhere if possible is a lot ideal. If you value peace of mind over all else- pay them and get rid of them to avoid useless frustration and waste of time. For what it is worth, you are better off having an attorney or a debt consolidating company deal with them than trying to resolve an issue that has been recognized by many others (customer or not). Moral of this: Do not get into debt if you are unable to pay it for company like this will make you wish time traveling was a 100% possible and available to common public. Best regards all.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My wife had an old credit card debt that had been sold to Midland Credit Management. She got served with papers saying that they were suing her. She called them and attempted to set up a payment plan with them, but they wouldn't work with her on a monthly payment. Today I found out that our bank account had been cleaned out, including all of our savings to satisfy this debt. I feel like this is illegal, since neither her or I was notified of this by either a legal document or even a phone call. Any advice out there??? Is this Legal??

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

“Tim **” with a deep Indian accent is so rude. I called because they kept calling my old job asking for me. I called to see what they want and to get them to stop calling a number that’s not mine. He said “We will update it when we get a payment arrangement.” I said “You are calling a number that’s not even mine” and all he said was “you owe us money, we will change the number when we get a payment agreement”. DO NOT PAY THEM!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Very disappointed in how the company handles your account. After losing my job and being disabled I needed to stop payment arranged for a few months. 3 months of no payment and they have a lawsuit against me and will not work with me. Horrible company!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I was sued by Midland Credit. They hire "representatives" in your area to represent them in court. These people will tell you things such as you should call them to work out a payment plan. I called after he told me this and Midland told me, "This was untrue. We will garnish your wages and would not accept any payment plan."

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

This place will call and make derogatory statements about you and your finances. I had a settlement and told them I will call to make that payment on that day. When I called to make the settlement payment. They said no payment is due in full now. Because I modified the arrangement by calling to make the payment on that day because of with the holidays to make sure the payment is in my account. They said since they couldn't take it out as we agreed that I owe the balance in full.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Midland purchased a bad debt of ours. We were finally able to offer a small settlement amount. We sent our offer in writing, certified return receipt. Company immediately sent us a pre-legal notification, requesting same amount, ignoring our offer. We had requested a cease and desist to call notice, which they seemed to abide by. But we had a small amount of funds to offer, so we phoned them (and all our other creditors who worked with us). From level one to the top manager (supposed top manager Kathi **, and her downline person Richard **). These two people kept me on the phone for 52+ minutes, trying to shame me. I really felt abused. They did not want to accept my offer. They simply should have refused me and moved on. I'll go to the court hearing, no fear there, but they sure tried to intimidate and shame me. I hope their recording was actually recorded, because I'm sure otherwise their documentation will be a probable lie.

Today Mr. ** phoned again, and I finally had to say to him, "You will no longer intimidate me. We are done." I HAD to hang up, for he and his supervisor just held me over a barrel and said same thing over and over to me like accusing abusers. It seems a bit scary to wonder who trained them to behave this way, and what is in their own personal closets of terror that they would try to shift it over onto me and all the other people they phone. All the other creditors we have worked with have been highly professional. Not these people. It was like a crime scene. It this seems insulting, I am sorry, but I hope you share my experience. Thank you.

Midland Credit Management Company Information