Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.19/5

Midland Credit Management

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

218 Midland Credit Management Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I received a notice at work my wages were to be garnished!? What!? Well you have to go to court after being served and lose in order for a garnishment. Well Midland served my old address by taping a summons to the door. I obviously did not show up for court and lost. They were trying to garnish thousands. I researched for days. Found out that they are crooks that buy bad debts serve people and win due to no one showing up for court! I went to the court. Served them with a motion to vacate due to improper address being served. We went to court and it was dismissed!! Had I not gone they would have definitely won. Never allow anyone that you do not owe take money from you because you don't know what to do. Research!!

Original review: July 31, 2019

They charge me for the phone calls they made to me to collect balance past due 10 days. They charge $170 late fee. They received my payment 12 days later and did not want to waive it. They have Very poor communication to alert their customer when the balance is due. My.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Today my bank account was 500.00 less than yesterday. I called my bank to ask why I see a hold on my account for 500 plus another 75 on hold. I was told that there was a Legal hold placed on my account for 500.00 plus another 75 the bank charges for having to process the legal hold. I asked my bank who put a legal hold on my account and she said it shows as the LA County Sheriff Department. She said the sheriff sent the legal notice to Chase. So she said I will give you the phone number and you can call them to find out what this is about. So I called the toll free number my bank gave me and the person answers Midland Credit Management. It's not the sheriff dept.

I asked the person on the phone why there is a legal hold on my account and how can you do that when I never received any documents stating that you are going to be taking the funds out of my account. They said because I had agreed when originally paying the 1200.00 debt and I defaulted and I still owe 500.00 and since they haven't heard any resolution from me that they have the right to file suit and there is a judgement against me so that is why they can put a legal hold on any assets or funds for the debt.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have an alleged Best Buy account that was taken over by Midland Funding LLC. According to this collections agency I have an outstanding debt on a Best Buy Credit Card. Well I never used a Best Buy Credit Card. These people called sometimes 5 times a day. Anyways they told me they closed this matter and it’s over with. Well that is a lie! They filed a suit in the Monterey Courts which is scheduled for June 29, 2019. I frankly don’t care and will not show up for this hearing. I know that if a judgement is awarded to these crooks they can’t collect from my bank accounts. I only get Social Security which under Law can’t be garnished. I have sent proof this account wasn’t mine and spoken with their Lawyers. Nothing has been resolved except them telling me the case is closed and settled. So why didn’t they close the court hearing? This is a dangerous group of crooks who lie and cheat. They can’t be trusted!!

Original review: May 25, 2019

Please do not use this company! All my credit reports have them falling off by May 2020! However Midland funding claiming my credit reports are wrong & they won't be falling off. They are pissed that the statute of limitations for the state of PA is 4 years and they cannot legally come after me! They expect me to pay but they have no leg to stand on since it's over 4 years and about to fall off credit report!!! They will never see a dime from me! My next step will be lodging a complaint with P State Attorney's office for the threatening letter they sent me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: May 14, 2019

I received a notification that they had taken over a debt. I wrote a letter the very next day and mailed it to the address on the notice. I received my letter back today with a post office label saying that it was undeliverable as addressed. How can that be when I used their address from the notice? Now it is more than the thirty days that they allow for disputes (my original letter was mailed out on April 5 and today is May 14). I don't know what I can do at this point.

I wasn't actually disputing the debt itself, I wanted to confirm the amount owed and set up a payment plan once it was confirmed. How they could feasibly go after me for the entire balance at once and I absolutely have no way of paying that (I have a very limited income and too many bills). I can't believe that they have an address on correspondence that is incorrect which makes it impossible for people to file a dispute with them in writing. There must be something that can be done to stop them.

Original review: April 4, 2019

The same guy keeps calling me. I asked him questions because he was very hard to understand. When he called me I was at a doctor's appt. He asked me to go behind the counter and use their computer so I could pull up my bank information and give it to him. I thought this was Insane. He was pushy and kept telling me not to make this difficult. I actually received a UPS envelope after my conversation with him. I went onto the website to enter the acct # and it says I don't exist.

The same guy calls me daily. I asked where he was calling me from. He said INDIA. I asked if there is a local office so I could walk in and speak to someone. He began raising his voice and scolding me for trying to make this so difficult. I repeatedly told him I will never give my bank information over the phone to someone I do not know. He got angry and said they would be suing me. The last time he called I was on the highway driving home and I explained that to him. He told me to pull over so I could give him my bank information. Honestly I guess I'm going to court because I will not work with this beyond rude person trying to get into my bank account.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had some old credit card debt that Midland bought up, nothing huge. They were merciless in calling day and night. I got served court papers back in February of 2018 - they sued me for $1000, wasted money on an attorney to do it, too lol. Watch your backs, because it's legal for them to get a judgement against you, and you'll never know it (luckily, I did). If they are threatening to sue you in court, and they do not INTEND to sue you, get a lawyer asap. In my case, I VOLUNTARILY called THEM and settled I think two other cc accounts, on my own. SO them suing me was ridiculous. I explained that our pay went down for a time, and we couldn't make our payments, but are fixing things!

Companies like this research addresses, and will send something to an old address knowing it won't get to you. Anyway, I paid off my court-appointed payment schedule months ago, and just yesterday 3/19/2019 I got a letter from Midland in the mail for around $233 to pay off an old credit card. I made arrangements to pay 6 payments of $38 to settle this. Long story short, turns out it was MORE MONEY they added to the already-paid court case from 2018! I googled Midland, and sure enough have seen many reports that they are adding money to people's accounts. I think they threaten you with the court paperwork, because they said "there's a judgement against you in court"... So they know you'll pay it!

I'm gathering all my bank statements, etc and going to fight these people. They are out of California, but hide through international means. It's not fair, and they need to stop. They've been sued by the Federal Government, and several private citizens for violations, and still they operate under shade. Make sure you log on to their website and screenshot everything they have on you, all your payments, etc. EVERYTHING! Keep detailed records, phone calls (get names, although we know it's not "real" names), times etc. Document everything! And KNOW YOUR RIGHTS when it comes to these debt collectors. Midland doesn't play around, and they WILL get a judgement if they can.

Original review: March 15, 2019

These people are just horrible! I called to pay off an account and only to find out they added $420 onto the account! They couldn't tell me where the extra amount came from only that they will settle with what the amount the balance should've been which is $555. SMH.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Starting to get daily calls (from different numbers) about a Capital One account I supposedly owe $4000 on. Not sure how they got my number, but this is impossible as I've never had a Capital One account with a limit over $600.

Midland Credit Management Company Information