Midland Credit Management

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Midland sued me for a $7000.00+ debt that they claimed I had with Chase Bank, which also included legal fees and interest. I owed Chase about $2000.00 and was paid up with them. Midland took me to court anyway. I went to court (alone) and represented myself. The first thing I told the judge was that I had no business with Midland and my paid up debt was with Chase. I then asked the judge if I could see whatever paperwork Midland had on me concerning the so called debt. He asked Midland's lawyer to show it to me. She must have thumbed through a zillion pages dozens of times but could come up with nothing.

She told (lied to) the judge that she must have left the papers on her desk. The judge immediately saw right through her and dismissed the case. I was in there less than 10 minutes. I left smiling. Best feeling in the world. Don't let them intimidate you. Fight for your rights and demand they show you evidence you owe them money. They are a disgusting group of bottom feeders. How do they sleep at night?

Called about an account opened in 2000, last payment was in 2014 they told me, then they told me it was in 2005. Either way told them that was not my account. Given the facts, the statute of limitations for Indiana is way past. The only way they can open a legal action is if YOU AGREE to a PAYMENT! This starts the account active again. They called me at my work, which is against the FTC rules. They say they have sent me letters about this. They say they acquired the account in 2008. Tricks and lies because it was an India fellow from Colorado who transferred me to a India fellow in California. If you block the number they will just use another one. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION! I did give them my address because they didn't have anything correct, and that is all they got from me.

IF I did have an account with Citibank, they have NO paperwork for it, the account is PAST the statute of limitations for civil in Indiana. They pick up dead accounts and try to get them back into the system with threats and harassment. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION but try to get theirs and contact a lawyer if they keep calling. Some States let you sue them, check yours. Do turn them into the FTC. Midland Credit Management comes from a long line of credit collection businesses that have had to close down because the Federal filed suit against them and they keep changing their names. Must be a pretty good business for them to continue.

After receiving a letter by mail stating that I could handle a debt for a "settlement" amount of X dollars--I called them up. I was told over the phone that I could "settle" the debts of 3 different accounts for about 1/2 of the original balances. One account being nearly $900. I felt immense relief. I called today and the literally told me that this "settlement amount" I agreed to and what is in plain view was not really a "settlement" just what I "agreed to pay" and I still have the original balances subtracted from what I have already been paying upwards from a year ago!

I am so frustrated and I really feel misled by this company and have no idea what I can do to end these debts. Outside of feeling literally lied to and misled. To know that what you have been sacrificing for nearly a year wasn't really true--just a ploy to get you to pay in full--an amount you know you agreed to settle is really disheartening. I will never do any sort of business with OLD NAVY, CREDIT ONE OR FINGERHUT AGAIN. They are clearly thugs.

There is not enough space in the blog world to express the pond scum this company is. They put a new definition to gutter rats. And I honestly cannot believe they can actually find so- called employees to work there. I have been recently sued by these flea bags but what gets me is where is THEIR PROOF. I only was made aware of this petty lawsuit when my employer was served with garnishment papers. After running to the courthouse to investigate and plead my case the judge was completely oblivious to the "false" claims made by these people on their attempts to serve me.

One went as far as to state they confirmed with my neighbor but yet they cannot provide what neighbor it was. I DON'T KNOW ANY OF MY NEIGHBORS nor do they know me. How would one know if I was the person in question. Ironically, they found me no problem when they went to serve me garnishment papers. DAH - why didn't you try that in the first place?? Been with the same company for over 2 years. So now I am dealing with an overpayment which everyone of their bottom feeder employees state - "we have a 10 day business hold as that is our policy". Who gives you the right to hold money that does not belong to you.

On top of it, my garnishment was released back on 8/8 and I still HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND. I am so over these freakin idiots. I have filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General's office and today I will be filing a complaint with the FTC. These lazy good for nothing scathing rip off degenerates need to be stopped. What they do and how they do it is completely unethical. Where is the proof??? The courts now rely on the simplicity of "the defendant was served by alternative means"? Please explain that one. They are ridiculous and I will make every possible effort to unravel their obvious violations and file whatever means necessary to close them down. What is their PURPOSE??? UGH they make me sick to my stomach. They need to go find themselves real jobs with a purpose instead of being blood-sucking hounds.

To all who are having unsavory experiences with Midland Funding, LLC. This collection agency is comprised of a bunch of ignorant bottom-feeders. They bought two accounts I once had with Barclay Bank five years ago. I disputed both accounts with Barclay Bank and refused to pay anymore payments on the two credit cards. Mudland (yes, MUDland) Funding, LLC bought the two accounts several years ago and have been bothering me ever since. I told the bottom-feeders at Mudland that I had disputed both accounts, and requested that they cease bothering me. They did stop bothering me, but in their contemptible and spiteful manner of doing business; are reporting my two disputed accounts to all three credit bureaus in their sleazy effort to harass me and affect my credit scores.

On July 21, 2016, I finally had had enough of these bugs and I filed a formal complaint with the Office of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania. If that action does not succeed, I will file a lawsuit against the bottom-feeders. That's what all of you should do. Don't let these bugs continue to bite you. They will go away only when you swat them. Try it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Huge language barrier. I spoke with the manager of my account manager and let me tell you I have never had the displeasure of dealing with someone so rude and nasty. If this company wants to collect debts and work with account holders this gentleman needs to go. This man was telling me what I had to do. Said I had to send post-dated checks in order to get the discount he had for me. He has no business being in customer service. This call left me frustrated and angry. He would not let me speak to anyone else about this matter.

This has been the craziest company I have ever dealt with. First issue is that there is a huge language barrier. I had a conversation with my account manager who constantly talked over me, and kept say "let me tell you something" which I found to be completely rude and unprofessional. I tried setting up a payment plan online and had nothing but issues. Called and still had issues dealing with their account managers.

I am receiving collection calls from this company, Midland Credit Management. I do not have any debt being collected. They are called on OFF hours of business for the task they are trying to complete. I am getting calls at 7:44 AM. The caller ID is not available so I can't track the number. I am also getting calls from various numbers from them. I have tried to tell them to take me off their calling list. I don't know what else to do. I am already involved in the class act settle against this company that will settle August 26, 2016. I don't know how they got my number in their calling list again. It's VERY ANNOYING. I don't know what else to do but file a complaint. The calls are just started to come again since June 16th, 2016. What are my options?

I started getting harassing letters and calls from Midland. They told me that they had a Citibank account of mine. I do not nor have I ever had one. They got a court date for 4 thousand dollars and I never knew. They got a copy of my ex-husband's and his first wife's credit statement that had nothing to do with their claim. It was complete fraud and they are just horrible people.

I have been dealing with this fraudulent company for years! First of all I had a First Premier Bank credit card. I also when I applied for card accepted the credit protection for pennies on the dollar in case I became ill, lost job, etc. Well this was opened up over 11 years ago. In 1996 I became disabled in a car accident and had actually 3 credit cards with the credit protection on them. Anyways I received forms for my doctor to fill out and sent them in. I was denied the credit protection service I paid on monthly. Fast forward I couldn't pay credit cards and well stopped paying as I paid for years for the protection in case of such instances!

This has been over 7 years and MCM still contacts me, threats to have a sheriff come and serve me with a court, calls to my grown son stating I will be arrested. Well I searched them and now know the facts. The debt is past the 7 year mark in California and needs to be taken off my credit reports. You must be subpoenaed by law if you get a letter. It's false! You can sue them for false credit reporting on a debt. Look into your states of statutory debts and how long it can stay reported on your 3 credit bureaus.

They keep reaging years of last payment in order to keep trying to collect as the limit to collect is from last payment received. So if 7 year mark was in 2011 they reage account that I last made a payment in 2014 so in CA it's 7 years from last payment! Thus making it look like account is still under CA laws and less than 7 years so they can collect! They are being sued by many states. I've tried telling them about my credit protection plan I paid on monthly and they want to know with whom. I state when I applied for card and got approved it states "would you like to purchase credit protection" and I hit yes. It directs you to a second party, he'll. This was over 13 years ago. I don't know who they are! I haven't made a payment in over 9 years!

Ok fast forward. I'm not worried anymore as I know they file fake court papers and remember you must be served personally! It's all a scam. Now the past 2 months they contacted an ex of 16 years looking for me, then my brother got a call stating they are charging me criminally! I say bring it on! Again they are being sued for many reasons, robot calling, calling relatives, threading calls, false reporting and much more. So if you get a call always write down date and time, record if you know how. I don't know how to do it on my phone. If they threaten you that you will be serve say "ok I'll be waiting. Here's my address!" I actually called back after they threatened me with that and stated that I'm on my porch and still waiting!

Again don't worry about a court notice in the mail as it must be served to you personally! Record, or write down date and times and if it's a robo call = automatic dialing! And check your credit reports. Get your 1x a year report for free at I believe ** or google it up, and get your report. Ask for validation of debt, when opened, when last payment was received, etc. Write your state's attorney general, the BBB, and also free subscription to a company like lawsuits. I came upon it when I googled MCM and signed up for free. It states all the lawsuits going on with such companies. I actually qualified with MCM as I entered my phone number and now I am part of the settlement as they use robo calling! So don't be scared like I was years ago crying to everyone that I was going to jail! Fight back. I'm just trying to clear up my credit reports to buy a house! Good luck.

I just received a summons from Midland Credit - they shoved it between the ornamental bars on my screen door. It was not in an envelope, and only had a paper clip holding all of the pages together. When I go to LASUPERIORCOURT.ORG to look for my case number, it states that it does not exist. These guys have been calling my cellphone and work phone almost everyday for the last 2 years, all to collect a thousand dollar debt. Although the court papers seem legit, and it tells me I have 30 days to respond, there are a couple of different dates on the summons (1/29/2016, 2/9/2016, and I just received the summons on 3/28/2016). These people are bullies, and half of them you can't even understand. Terrible, horrible company and employees...

I was recently told by my credit cards company (Care Credit) that they have sold my account to Midland Credit Management. I called the number they have provided and got ahold of them asking them to receive more information on my account and the amount they claim I owe. My account was sold to them on Feb 21st since then I have called back and each time they tell me to call back in 48 hours. The next time I call someone says call back in two days. The next time I call another person said wait to call back on the 16th of March. I called back and they still won't give me any information. I have even asked for them to provide proof of this debit and they keep saying they can't or they avoid my question. They keep hanging the phone up on me and yesterday they called telling me my account information is ready even after I had told them they aren't allowed to call me.

Once I called today to see if I can get more information. They tell me they can't give me anything because they still have entered my information into my account. Keep in mind they received my account on Feb 21st and they say it takes 10 days to update a new account and still nothing. They are rude and everyone who answers is from India.

We have had this phone number for 2 3/4 years. The people who had this number before us have a MULTITUDE of collection agencies looking for them. Obviously, Midland does NOT update their info. It took me 5 minutes to obtain the previous scammers who had my phone #. Midland calls at least 3-5x week using different #'s and tactics, and even though we informed them we are NOT the people they are looking for... they continue to harass and call.

They send a letter with a phone number that does not get me to someone that can help me. They don't speak English. Don't waste your time calling. No one there will help you.

I do NOT know the person they keep calling about. I told them that two years ago. They have continued to call at all hours from 8am to 9 or 10 pm. Even if you do answer they do not respond, but will call back later under different phone no. So, today, after calling three times 8:20am, 9:51, 9:52 and 10:45 am... left no message. I called them. Person who answered was of foreign decent. His name I cannot recall. I explained the problem. Got a whole lot of what he had to do in order to stop the calls. Long and short, I told him one more call under even a different number I would sue! I was not nice. I hung up. OMG they just called again!!! Seriously? I am thinking of going to local news station. This is unreal.

Received a collection notice for a supposed loan of over $3,000. I sent them a letter requesting all loan documents (as I've never applied for a loan, except for my paid off mortgage). I then called the original "debtor" to find out what was going on. A man answered with a foreign accent. I said "Am I talking to someone India", and they disconnected me. I received a letter from Midland saying that their records were accurate and they would not let me see the original loan documents. Really? Seems there is no one out there that can help. It's an obvious scam.

In 2010, they served my daughter, who was 17 at that time. I never knew this until today March 4, 2016. I have contacted the court to set aside the judgement. I never had a card with the people they claimed to have bought this debt with. I had my ID stolen back in 2001 and I am still trying get this straightened out. The only reason I even found out about this was they have filed for a change of Attorney for the creditor. I just received this in today's mail. I am a stay at home dad and no Granddad. I have had 1 credit card in my life. This is such bull hockey!

Received a call this morning, Saturday, at 8:16 a.m. from Midland Credit Management - was looking for someone with the same (and very common) last name as me. How dare these people wake my entire household with a cold call. WAKE UP MIDLAND - I'm sure you can recognize common names and the possibility that the individual you are calling at 8:16 a.m. on a weekend IS NOT THE PERSON YOU MAY BE LOOKING FOR. Shame on this company for this type of practice, which should be illegal.

I received a scam letter saying they are trying to collect a debt for Synchrony Bank/Amazon.com. I spoke with Amazon and there has never been any debt owed by me to them. Whenever I bought anything from Amazon it was paid for at time of purchase and they agreed. I read many online complaints in the past couple of days about Midland credit being a scam operation and the public should be warned and not send them money because you are afraid of collections companies ruining your credit. Something serious will be done someday about the lowlife scammers in the world.

Midland Credit has been calling our house for years now. When I answer, they say, "Ann?" "Are you Ann ** or Ann **" They have been told, repeatedly, that they have a wrong number. No person named Ann has ever lived at our house, nor are we associated with such a person. Midland Credit has also been told to take our number off their list or out of their computer system and to stop calling. Today, 1-25-16 at 11:21 a.m., they called our home again; but we chose not to answer. The consequences are that we continue to be harassed by Midland Credit. Harassment is illegal.

I received a letter from this company stating I owe T-Mobile over $1100. I NEVER had an account with this company, I use prepaid only! Anyway, I called Midland to tell them to send me proof but they said they would not until I give them my personal information, which I will not do. I am sure we will be hounded now hopefully they don't have our phone number.

Midland credit claims I owe Verizon California and has continued to contact me via mail and phone calls 3 or more times per day at all hours of the day and night. And when I contacted Verizon, they said I had no debt and that they said that they do not even use this company to collect debts, so to just disregard any mail from them. And to this day I still get mail from them and it has been 6 years. I recommend anyone dealing with company to check whether you actually owe anything from the original company because Midland is a bunch of scam artists who will take money from innocent people.

This company does not like to play nice. They would call us so many times daily, my husband would become very agitated. I've tried to set up payment, which they refused. I lose sleep at night because they keep suing me and threatening to freeze my accounts and garnish me. They wanted my account numbers, employer, SSN, everything before they sued me the first time. When I asked how much they paid for my debt, they reported to my credit that I was disputing the debt.

Two years ago, they sent me fake court papers through the mail trying to scare me into paying what they want. I cannot get a clear answer of what I owe and half the time, no one is on the other side of the line. After dealing with them the first time, we would receive twenty calls a day or more from scammers, we think they had something to do with it. They've tried to get payment from my relatives too. I've had a sheriff come to my door twice. I have to find someone now to watch my kids so I can go file another response to this mess. I'm tired of it.

So apparently this company is collecting money from a debt that you have. When you contact the company from which they say you have the debt from they know nothingness about it. They give out your information to anyone, I now have a problem where my information is being passed around to random people who they think are related to me in some sort of way. This is a scam and if in fact you supposedly owe a debt, they are breaking the law by speaking to other people about your personal account. Call your bank before you even continue to speak to these people.

Midland Credit Management started calling my house at 6:30am new year's day. I informed them they have the wrong number. The person they are looking for has never lived at this number. Now they are calling, looking for someone else who I do not know and they won't stop!

Midland Credit will file judgements after the stats have run out. I fought with them for 2 months before getting the stats' date and they filed 7 months after. Get a hold of the credit agencies and have it remove due to that fact if it applies to you. I think the other thing that helped was I told them I was going to show up to their place and have them arrested for illegal activity. That's the best I can do to help others

Yesterday afternoon, I received a call (from someone with a very heavy foreign accent, and a very Anglo 'name') who said he was a representative of Midland Credit, and that he wanted to talk to me about an $800+ debt on a (mumble-mumble - may have been Lowe's) credit account. I do not know, and have never had, a Lowe's account, and in fact every account I or my husband have is either fully paid off, or is completely up to date. I told him that, and then told him I would not be defrauded by them, and was going to hang up (and did so).

This evening, I got another call, again from a person with a heavy accent and an Anglo sounding 'name' who told me he was from Midland and wanted to talk to me about my 'account'. I blasted him, telling him that I refuse to be defrauded, to take my number off their 'sucker' list, and hung up. It will be interesting to see if they continue to pursue this. They are using the phone number 866-580-4780 for the calls I have received. In checking my phone's 'missed calls' directory, apparently they also attempted to call me on 11/22, and on 11/29. I am keeping a file on this and any future calls, and will pass it along to the NYS Attorney General's office.

I received a summons requiring me to be in court in less than 14 days from Midland. Apparently they bought a debt that was written off from Amazon. What bothers me is I have never had a Amazon credit card. States it was opened Jan 2013 and last payment of July 2013. And written off Feb, 2014. I have had an Amazon account for over 10 years and have always paid with my debit card from my bank. This company are crooks. I NEVER once received any information pertaining this debt or even 1 phone call. There is no documentation with the summons showing any type of proof. Midland bases itself out of Minnesota so how are they able to even sue in the state of IL??

I do plan on fighting this and will not have a judgement on my Credit. It pisses me off that they can even do this when I have never had any dealings with this company at all. I should turn around and sue them for emotional stress, and the fact they went to my soon to be ex-husband's house. So how can he accept a summons for me when I do not live there? They served him and not me. I do not get how that is even legal??

Who the hell are these guys? I gather from other reviews that they are a scum of the Earth collection agency. I keep getting calls from them and I am not past due on anything.

I called this agency after receiving a call about a debt that I had with Amazon, whom I'm assuming sold the debt to Midland. I called to try and settle the account by establishing some sort of payment plan and lump sum payment later on. I informed them that I would be recording the call for my records as they do and they were ok with it, but then they kept hanging up on me. I called 4 times in one day and each time they would "transfer" me to someone, but then would just hang up. I talked to Ricky ** (if that is his name) and he was not helpful and even hung up on me while I was trying to negotiate with them.

These people are not interested in working with you, they want to try and get their money without even working with you first. They want to go straight to punitive measure and make you out to be the bad guy even if you are trying to work with them. I am going to be seeking legal assistance to see what can be done as I am a student and do not want to have this lurking in the back of my mind. If you deal with them make sure you take copious notes and record the call if you can.

Midland Credit Management Company Profile