3.9/5 (131 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Midland Credit Management

Based in San Diego, Midland Credit Management has been helping consumers resolve overdue debts since 1953. It is available in all 50 states and has helped over 7 million consumers. It offers flexible online solutions without charging fees or interest. It specializes in servicing accounts that have fallen behind and been charged off by the lender - giving consumers a second chance at financial stability.

Find Debt Settlement near you

Pros

• Available in 50 states
    • No interest or fees

Cons

• Debt collector
    • Can sue for overdue balances

Bottom Line

Midland Credit Management is an online debt collection agency that tries to help consumers resolve their debt obligations.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Midland Credit Management?

Midland Credit Management is an online collection agency that helps consumers resolve debts. The company provides consumers with flexible options for paying off their debts and educational resources to help them create a financially stable future.

The company operates in 50 states and has helped over 7 million consumers get out of debt.

How does Midland Credit Management work?

Midland Credit Management may contact you if you have overdue debts or haven’t been meeting your minimum monthly payments. Accounts that are eligible for Midland Credit Management’s services include:

• Clients who haven’t made a payment on their debts in at least 180 days
    • Clients who are paying less than the creditor requires

In either of these situations, your lender may put your account into collections or sell it to an agency like Midland Credit Management. Midland Credit Management then contacts you and attempts to find a realistic way to resolve your overdue debts.

Is Midland Credit Management legit?

While you can’t apply for Midland Credit Management’s services, its program is helpful if you’re unable to pay past debts or are struggling to meet minimum payment requirements. Visit its website or refer to the information the company sent you for more details.

Midland Credit Management Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

The online chat was terrific! It made the payment process stress-free and the agent was very helpful and understanding. I initially had a problem getting my payment info to register and the agent was very patient and helpful in making sure that I was able to get registered.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Peter ** was the agent who assisted me today. He was prompt, courteous and professional. He updated my address without any complications. I was very pleased with his demeanor and effectiveness. I would love to deal with him with any future issues I may have.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I hope that MCM pays their LIVE chat workers well, because they are very knowledgeable and professional, and I don't care that they have decided to outsource this type of work. I just hope they are being well paid and taken care of, and aren't being abused. Thanks Bryan for your assistance!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Peter ** from MCM did a great job on helping me set up a perfect payment plan to pay off my account. I lost my previous job I had back in March 2022, and I only just started at a new job. The job market in my area was awful and couldn't find anything that could support me financially. Finally found said job and they understood my situation and helped me out. I hope that after paying them off, I never have collections again. It is awful for your credit score.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I discovered that I had missed two payments on my payment plan according to a paper I received in the mail but I could not find it online. I contacted a representative using the Live Chat and she found the problem, provided a very reasonable solution, and my account was back to current in a matter of minutes. Very professional. Answered all my questions and did not rush me off the chat. I am very pleased with this experience and look forward to continuing to work with Midland.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Midland calls me at least once a month. Most times I let it go to voicemail. But once in a while I answer it just to see what they are lying about that day. They say I have a loan out from LoanPoint USA. I've never had a loan out with that company. They say that I work for a Poco Technologies. I looked up Poco Technologies. It's a company in China! I have never worked for that company. They have my social which is worrisome. But everything else they say about me is not me. Today when I answered their call, they said they are waiting for me to file a police report disputing the LoanPoint loan. The police doesn't handle things like that. Supposedly they are "advancing my case to the Sheriff's department for prosecution." LOL The Sheriff's department doesn't handle that either! Don't believe what these guys are pushing. They are scam artists trying to get your hard earned money for themselves!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

So an operator gets on my wife's phone telling me I per a bill for city finance. I was willing to pay in full. He couldn't draft or out my account in 6 days. First, he wanted 12 dollars than 1 dollar like it was a scam and when I refused to give a dollar he went off on telling me why a pice of ** person I was not paying my bills when I offered to pay in full when my taxes hit. I'm 6 days! Not 1 American on the phone all with accents and a pissy attitude. Pissed because I couldn't even remember owing this money and he couldn't scam me on the spot. Beware!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

They are ok in taking care of your plannings in collections, I am happy with the results of paying off my credit collections and no longer have to deal with unnecessary calls after paying off my dues.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Although it was just a simple act of confirming some info that was in question. I was able to access the chat and had my info in a few minutes. Fantastic customer service from Rebecca on the chat feature.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I was behind on my payments so I call Midland Credit to tell them what happened and they were able to help me out with a payment plan to keep me on track. Appreciate them for taking the time out to listen.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Midland Credit Management Company Information