Midland Credit Management

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Believe it or not... I have had good experience with this company. At first they were jerks... only if you call and talk to them. Do yourself a favor and make the payments online!! They give you options on how long you want to pay off your debt... just go to their website and make an account. Hit make a payment and choose your options anywhere from 1 to 120 months to pay. I made the mistake by calling. The jerk put me on plan for 103.34 a month. If I did not call I could have made minimum payments of 35.00. If only I had paid my balance on my last card. I would not be in this situation! So for people complaining about this company, you went about it the wrong way by calling them. :(

I was notified by a distant family member that Midland Credit was suing me in small claims court for some 3rd party account. They did not even serve me with this paper. I have no idea what it's all about. If I receive anything about a court judgment I will make it my mission to cause them grief every day of my life. I better receive information about what this is I owe. I will sue them for defamation. I have read so many stories from reputable people about what ripoffs these people are. They have no idea who they think they are dealing with. I have neither spoken with or received anything from these people.

I received a phone call today from Amelia of Midland Credit Management, San Diego (858) 221-0191 re: a Walmart account that she claimed was past due. Amelia was requesting payment of over $400 on an account which I had paid $351 (limit was $300. Walmart closed the account because of late payments). Amelia then stated I had a balance due on an HSBC account of over $3000 due. I remembered this card. It had been charged off in 2004. The debt is over 14 years old. It was well beyond the statute of limitations of the courts for civil judgment collection.

I explained this to Amelia. She spoke to me very politely. She went on and on about the fact that her company had purchased the debt and the money was owed. I explained to her the laws of the land having be through the process with the IRS. You learn quick when the IRS wants to collect. The debt is still outstanding and owed to that company them. You will always owe the debt until it has been paid. You owe the debt morally. Legally there is a statute of limitations in most of the 50 states which has a time frame to collect through the courts. The IRS has seven years to bring a case forward or they cannot collect. They came to my house six years and eleven months and twenty-two days and served me then they put a lien on for the estimated taxes on everything I had in site.

Back to Amelia, she decided to get her manager, a nice fellow named Jake to speak to me. There was nothing Jake could say to me that would make want to pay a 14 yr old bill charge off that was out of the statute window for any type of legal action. He tried to make me state that I owed the money and should repay it. I said the following "Jake, what did you learn today?" He responded "Did you think about the SOL when you first used the card?"

My answer "Today you learned that your company gambles when they purchase debt that is outside of the court system that requires a person to do the right thing morally. The laws have been put in place for both sides. I would like to pay you but legally, I do not have to and since the item has been charged off my credit record has been cleared. Now, I must ask your company or agents who represent Midland Collection Management not to call me again regarding this matter. I believe you said you were recording this call in an attempt to collect a debt. I am reporting you to Consumer Affairs."

I have an old credit card account that totaled about $500 (I got disabled and couldn't pay it off). Midland contacted me about 3 weeks ago, very polite and said the bill was over $950. When asked, they said that it was not their responsibility to provide me with all the documents I asked for. I would not set up any kind of arrangement until they did. The next day, they started calling at least 3 times a day threatening to sue me. Last week, they called my mother, my father and a sister and gave this big song and dance and tried to see what they could do for me. Now I am getting calls that they are a process server and where do I live, etc. etc. Same story to my parents (both in their 80s). There have been several stories like this and I am getting really ** off. Reading these other reviews, I feel so relieved that it is not me. I have some work to do and educate myself. Thank you everyone.

These guys are a 3rd party agency. You as well as I {Consumer} are not required by law, to work with a 3rd party agency. The Federal Debt collections practices act, or F.D.C.P.A advises us of this. This protects consumers, and clients. I have an acct with Capital One Bank, I requested these guys to send this acct back to Capital One. Sent them a letter by fax, (received a letter in the mail on sat April 8th 2017th) stating they did get my letter. They were advised to send my acct back to the original creditor Capital One Bank.

They was also (Which By law they have to) required to remove any and all negative information they have placed on the 3 national CBR's. They refuse to do so, and sent me a letter back saying the acct is a valid acct. Yes I admit it is, and I am not disputing the acct, I am and will only work with Capitol One Bank. People do your research, know your laws. I do and these guys are breaking Federal law, by not doing what I am requesting of them. I am filing a US ATTORNEY GENERAL COMPLAINT ON THEIR COMPANY...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

On February 22, 2017, I received a certified letter explaining that I was being sued in civil court for $1500 for an old credit card debt with Sears. I was appalled, not knowing that I could be sued for such a paltry amount. Being both disabled and poor, but not stupid, I realized something was wrong with this picture. Sure enough, Midland Credit Management is a disgusting excuse for a legitimate company. They are not legitimate, in my opinion, firstly because they go by a whole slew of different company names designed to confuse people and keep consumer affairs off their slick, dollar-greased backs. MCM is also known as Midland Funding LLC, Asset Acceptance LLC, Encore Capital Group, Midland Acquisition Corp, Midland Acquisitions Corp and MRC Receivables Corp. That in itself shows deceit in my opinion.

Secondly, I collected the phone records from my home phone and determined that they called me at all hours of the day and night, after explicitly being told that I was disabled and they were disturbing me. In one year they called my house 190 times, which is in clear violation of Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Finally, I counter sued, or "cross claimed" a suit due to Midland's inability to furnish admissible debt documents, such as the credit card application itself and their complete disregard for my cease and desist letter. They contacted me 5 times after they received my letter and all of a sudden they were calling my house for another individual whom I have never heard of.

Clearly, these vultures are hoping you won't show up and they get a default judgment, that you will show up and perjure yourself by admitting to the debt, if that's the case, and that you won't take the time to look up your own rights, collect your own evidence and prepare your own defense. Yes, it takes hours upon hours to educate yourself as to the legality of the individuals suing you, but it's worth the fight. Don't roll over and let these shysters abuse you... fight back! Stand up for yourself! Fight the false power and have no fear.

WOW... What a surprise to receive a 1099C after I negotiated and paid off my debt. MCM picked up my bad debt from Wells Fargo for pennies on the dollar and then negotiated a 50% payoff on it. I was never informed that I would be 1099'd on the dismissal of debt. Had I know this I would of let them take me to court or negotiated a different payoff amount. My 1099 is equivalent to me paying back $5035.00 in taxes. No small chunk of change. The calls to MCM (many of them) are useless. They just put you on hold and read their script with no help whatsoever. What is my recourse. As a consumer who has never had a debt collector come after me, how was I to know? They will not send any documents showing or stating that they told me this information. They filed a court order to take me to court and then I negotiated. Does anyone know what course of action I can take? Has anyone experience this before?

I had contacted MCM and spoke to one of their agents (Steve **) regarding on working on a deal to pay off my debt. He supposedly contacted his Division Manager (Tim **) to approve the agreement, which he supposedly did. He told me to send the payment to a specific address. I went and got a bank check and was going to mail it to the address. But it was a P.O. address only. I wanted to send it certified to get a signature for proof of payment, because it was a substantial amount. I called both Mr. ** and Mr. ** many times each looking for somewhere to send the payment for signature. I left numerous messages stating my intent on paying the bill with check in hand wanting a address where I can send it to get a signature. I never receive a return call. So I never sent the money, not without a signature, I'm not.

My husband had an old credit card account that was placed with Midland Funding. We contacted them thinking we were going to be in for a battle because most collection companies assume you are a dirt bag loser and won't pay. We negotiated a pay off amount that was almost 1/2 of the balance. They agreed to delete the account from his credit file. I was worried once we paid the negotiated amount they would still want more money. Surprisingly they did exactly what they said they would do. We paid and they deleted from credit file. I was given a control # to send to bureaus if necessary.

Midland sued me for a $7000.00+ debt that they claimed I had with Chase Bank, which also included legal fees and interest. I owed Chase about $2000.00 and was paid up with them. Midland took me to court anyway. I went to court (alone) and represented myself. The first thing I told the judge was that I had no business with Midland and my paid up debt was with Chase. I then asked the judge if I could see whatever paperwork Midland had on me concerning the so called debt. He asked Midland's lawyer to show it to me. She must have thumbed through a zillion pages dozens of times but could come up with nothing.

She told (lied to) the judge that she must have left the papers on her desk. The judge immediately saw right through her and dismissed the case. I was in there less than 10 minutes. I left smiling. Best feeling in the world. Don't let them intimidate you. Fight for your rights and demand they show you evidence you owe them money. They are a disgusting group of bottom feeders. How do they sleep at night?

Called about an account opened in 2000, last payment was in 2014 they told me, then they told me it was in 2005. Either way told them that was not my account. Given the facts, the statute of limitations for Indiana is way past. The only way they can open a legal action is if YOU AGREE to a PAYMENT! This starts the account active again. They called me at my work, which is against the FTC rules. They say they have sent me letters about this. They say they acquired the account in 2008. Tricks and lies because it was an India fellow from Colorado who transferred me to a India fellow in California. If you block the number they will just use another one. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION! I did give them my address because they didn't have anything correct, and that is all they got from me.

IF I did have an account with Citibank, they have NO paperwork for it, the account is PAST the statute of limitations for civil in Indiana. They pick up dead accounts and try to get them back into the system with threats and harassment. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION but try to get theirs and contact a lawyer if they keep calling. Some States let you sue them, check yours. Do turn them into the FTC. Midland Credit Management comes from a long line of credit collection businesses that have had to close down because the Federal filed suit against them and they keep changing their names. Must be a pretty good business for them to continue.

After receiving a letter by mail stating that I could handle a debt for a "settlement" amount of X dollars--I called them up. I was told over the phone that I could "settle" the debts of 3 different accounts for about 1/2 of the original balances. One account being nearly $900. I felt immense relief. I called today and the literally told me that this "settlement amount" I agreed to and what is in plain view was not really a "settlement" just what I "agreed to pay" and I still have the original balances subtracted from what I have already been paying upwards from a year ago!

I am so frustrated and I really feel misled by this company and have no idea what I can do to end these debts. Outside of feeling literally lied to and misled. To know that what you have been sacrificing for nearly a year wasn't really true--just a ploy to get you to pay in full--an amount you know you agreed to settle is really disheartening. I will never do any sort of business with OLD NAVY, CREDIT ONE OR FINGERHUT AGAIN. They are clearly thugs.

There is not enough space in the blog world to express the pond scum this company is. They put a new definition to gutter rats. And I honestly cannot believe they can actually find so- called employees to work there. I have been recently sued by these flea bags but what gets me is where is THEIR PROOF. I only was made aware of this petty lawsuit when my employer was served with garnishment papers. After running to the courthouse to investigate and plead my case the judge was completely oblivious to the "false" claims made by these people on their attempts to serve me.

One went as far as to state they confirmed with my neighbor but yet they cannot provide what neighbor it was. I DON'T KNOW ANY OF MY NEIGHBORS nor do they know me. How would one know if I was the person in question. Ironically, they found me no problem when they went to serve me garnishment papers. DAH - why didn't you try that in the first place?? Been with the same company for over 2 years. So now I am dealing with an overpayment which everyone of their bottom feeder employees state - "we have a 10 day business hold as that is our policy". Who gives you the right to hold money that does not belong to you.

On top of it, my garnishment was released back on 8/8 and I still HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND. I am so over these freakin idiots. I have filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General's office and today I will be filing a complaint with the FTC. These lazy good for nothing scathing rip off degenerates need to be stopped. What they do and how they do it is completely unethical. Where is the proof??? The courts now rely on the simplicity of "the defendant was served by alternative means"? Please explain that one. They are ridiculous and I will make every possible effort to unravel their obvious violations and file whatever means necessary to close them down. What is their PURPOSE??? UGH they make me sick to my stomach. They need to go find themselves real jobs with a purpose instead of being blood-sucking hounds.

To all who are having unsavory experiences with Midland Funding, LLC. This collection agency is comprised of a bunch of ignorant bottom-feeders. They bought two accounts I once had with Barclay Bank five years ago. I disputed both accounts with Barclay Bank and refused to pay anymore payments on the two credit cards. Mudland (yes, MUDland) Funding, LLC bought the two accounts several years ago and have been bothering me ever since. I told the bottom-feeders at Mudland that I had disputed both accounts, and requested that they cease bothering me. They did stop bothering me, but in their contemptible and spiteful manner of doing business; are reporting my two disputed accounts to all three credit bureaus in their sleazy effort to harass me and affect my credit scores.

On July 21, 2016, I finally had had enough of these bugs and I filed a formal complaint with the Office of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania. If that action does not succeed, I will file a lawsuit against the bottom-feeders. That's what all of you should do. Don't let these bugs continue to bite you. They will go away only when you swat them. Try it.

Huge language barrier. I spoke with the manager of my account manager and let me tell you I have never had the displeasure of dealing with someone so rude and nasty. If this company wants to collect debts and work with account holders this gentleman needs to go. This man was telling me what I had to do. Said I had to send post-dated checks in order to get the discount he had for me. He has no business being in customer service. This call left me frustrated and angry. He would not let me speak to anyone else about this matter.

This has been the craziest company I have ever dealt with. First issue is that there is a huge language barrier. I had a conversation with my account manager who constantly talked over me, and kept say "let me tell you something" which I found to be completely rude and unprofessional. I tried setting up a payment plan online and had nothing but issues. Called and still had issues dealing with their account managers.

I am receiving collection calls from this company, Midland Credit Management. I do not have any debt being collected. They are called on OFF hours of business for the task they are trying to complete. I am getting calls at 7:44 AM. The caller ID is not available so I can't track the number. I am also getting calls from various numbers from them. I have tried to tell them to take me off their calling list. I don't know what else to do. I am already involved in the class act settle against this company that will settle August 26, 2016. I don't know how they got my number in their calling list again. It's VERY ANNOYING. I don't know what else to do but file a complaint. The calls are just started to come again since June 16th, 2016. What are my options?

I started getting harassing letters and calls from Midland. They told me that they had a Citibank account of mine. I do not nor have I ever had one. They got a court date for 4 thousand dollars and I never knew. They got a copy of my ex-husband's and his first wife's credit statement that had nothing to do with their claim. It was complete fraud and they are just horrible people.

I have been dealing with this fraudulent company for years! First of all I had a First Premier Bank credit card. I also when I applied for card accepted the credit protection for pennies on the dollar in case I became ill, lost job, etc. Well this was opened up over 11 years ago. In 1996 I became disabled in a car accident and had actually 3 credit cards with the credit protection on them. Anyways I received forms for my doctor to fill out and sent them in. I was denied the credit protection service I paid on monthly. Fast forward I couldn't pay credit cards and well stopped paying as I paid for years for the protection in case of such instances!

This has been over 7 years and MCM still contacts me, threats to have a sheriff come and serve me with a court, calls to my grown son stating I will be arrested. Well I searched them and now know the facts. The debt is past the 7 year mark in California and needs to be taken off my credit reports. You must be subpoenaed by law if you get a letter. It's false! You can sue them for false credit reporting on a debt. Look into your states of statutory debts and how long it can stay reported on your 3 credit bureaus.

They keep reaging years of last payment in order to keep trying to collect as the limit to collect is from last payment received. So if 7 year mark was in 2011 they reage account that I last made a payment in 2014 so in CA it's 7 years from last payment! Thus making it look like account is still under CA laws and less than 7 years so they can collect! They are being sued by many states. I've tried telling them about my credit protection plan I paid on monthly and they want to know with whom. I state when I applied for card and got approved it states "would you like to purchase credit protection" and I hit yes. It directs you to a second party, he'll. This was over 13 years ago. I don't know who they are! I haven't made a payment in over 9 years!

Ok fast forward. I'm not worried anymore as I know they file fake court papers and remember you must be served personally! It's all a scam. Now the past 2 months they contacted an ex of 16 years looking for me, then my brother got a call stating they are charging me criminally! I say bring it on! Again they are being sued for many reasons, robot calling, calling relatives, threading calls, false reporting and much more. So if you get a call always write down date and time, record if you know how. I don't know how to do it on my phone. If they threaten you that you will be serve say "ok I'll be waiting. Here's my address!" I actually called back after they threatened me with that and stated that I'm on my porch and still waiting!

Again don't worry about a court notice in the mail as it must be served to you personally! Record, or write down date and times and if it's a robo call = automatic dialing! And check your credit reports. Get your 1x a year report for free at I believe ** or google it up, and get your report. Ask for validation of debt, when opened, when last payment was received, etc. Write your state's attorney general, the BBB, and also free subscription to a company like lawsuits. I came upon it when I googled MCM and signed up for free. It states all the lawsuits going on with such companies. I actually qualified with MCM as I entered my phone number and now I am part of the settlement as they use robo calling! So don't be scared like I was years ago crying to everyone that I was going to jail! Fight back. I'm just trying to clear up my credit reports to buy a house! Good luck.

I just received a summons from Midland Credit - they shoved it between the ornamental bars on my screen door. It was not in an envelope, and only had a paper clip holding all of the pages together. When I go to LASUPERIORCOURT.ORG to look for my case number, it states that it does not exist. These guys have been calling my cellphone and work phone almost everyday for the last 2 years, all to collect a thousand dollar debt. Although the court papers seem legit, and it tells me I have 30 days to respond, there are a couple of different dates on the summons (1/29/2016, 2/9/2016, and I just received the summons on 3/28/2016). These people are bullies, and half of them you can't even understand. Terrible, horrible company and employees...

I was recently told by my credit cards company (Care Credit) that they have sold my account to Midland Credit Management. I called the number they have provided and got ahold of them asking them to receive more information on my account and the amount they claim I owe. My account was sold to them on Feb 21st since then I have called back and each time they tell me to call back in 48 hours. The next time I call someone says call back in two days. The next time I call another person said wait to call back on the 16th of March. I called back and they still won't give me any information. I have even asked for them to provide proof of this debit and they keep saying they can't or they avoid my question. They keep hanging the phone up on me and yesterday they called telling me my account information is ready even after I had told them they aren't allowed to call me.

Once I called today to see if I can get more information. They tell me they can't give me anything because they still have entered my information into my account. Keep in mind they received my account on Feb 21st and they say it takes 10 days to update a new account and still nothing. They are rude and everyone who answers is from India.

We have had this phone number for 2 3/4 years. The people who had this number before us have a MULTITUDE of collection agencies looking for them. Obviously, Midland does NOT update their info. It took me 5 minutes to obtain the previous scammers who had my phone #. Midland calls at least 3-5x week using different #'s and tactics, and even though we informed them we are NOT the people they are looking for... they continue to harass and call.

They send a letter with a phone number that does not get me to someone that can help me. They don't speak English. Don't waste your time calling. No one there will help you.

I do NOT know the person they keep calling about. I told them that two years ago. They have continued to call at all hours from 8am to 9 or 10 pm. Even if you do answer they do not respond, but will call back later under different phone no. So, today, after calling three times 8:20am, 9:51, 9:52 and 10:45 am... left no message. I called them. Person who answered was of foreign decent. His name I cannot recall. I explained the problem. Got a whole lot of what he had to do in order to stop the calls. Long and short, I told him one more call under even a different number I would sue! I was not nice. I hung up. OMG they just called again!!! Seriously? I am thinking of going to local news station. This is unreal.

Received a collection notice for a supposed loan of over $3,000. I sent them a letter requesting all loan documents (as I've never applied for a loan, except for my paid off mortgage). I then called the original "debtor" to find out what was going on. A man answered with a foreign accent. I said "Am I talking to someone India", and they disconnected me. I received a letter from Midland saying that their records were accurate and they would not let me see the original loan documents. Really? Seems there is no one out there that can help. It's an obvious scam.

In 2010, they served my daughter, who was 17 at that time. I never knew this until today March 4, 2016. I have contacted the court to set aside the judgement. I never had a card with the people they claimed to have bought this debt with. I had my ID stolen back in 2001 and I am still trying get this straightened out. The only reason I even found out about this was they have filed for a change of Attorney for the creditor. I just received this in today's mail. I am a stay at home dad and no Granddad. I have had 1 credit card in my life. This is such bull hockey!

Received a call this morning, Saturday, at 8:16 a.m. from Midland Credit Management - was looking for someone with the same (and very common) last name as me. How dare these people wake my entire household with a cold call. WAKE UP MIDLAND - I'm sure you can recognize common names and the possibility that the individual you are calling at 8:16 a.m. on a weekend IS NOT THE PERSON YOU MAY BE LOOKING FOR. Shame on this company for this type of practice, which should be illegal.

I received a scam letter saying they are trying to collect a debt for Synchrony Bank/Amazon.com. I spoke with Amazon and there has never been any debt owed by me to them. Whenever I bought anything from Amazon it was paid for at time of purchase and they agreed. I read many online complaints in the past couple of days about Midland credit being a scam operation and the public should be warned and not send them money because you are afraid of collections companies ruining your credit. Something serious will be done someday about the lowlife scammers in the world.

Midland Credit has been calling our house for years now. When I answer, they say, "Ann?" "Are you Ann ** or Ann **" They have been told, repeatedly, that they have a wrong number. No person named Ann has ever lived at our house, nor are we associated with such a person. Midland Credit has also been told to take our number off their list or out of their computer system and to stop calling. Today, 1-25-16 at 11:21 a.m., they called our home again; but we chose not to answer. The consequences are that we continue to be harassed by Midland Credit. Harassment is illegal.

I received a letter from this company stating I owe T-Mobile over $1100. I NEVER had an account with this company, I use prepaid only! Anyway, I called Midland to tell them to send me proof but they said they would not until I give them my personal information, which I will not do. I am sure we will be hounded now hopefully they don't have our phone number.

Midland Credit Management Company Profile