1.2/5 (210 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Midland Credit Management

Midland Credit Management is a debt collection agency that helps consumers pay off overdue debts. The company reaches out to consumers via mail or email to help them create personalized payment plans.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• n/a

Cons

• n/a

Bottom Line

Midland Credit Management is an online debt collection agency that tries to help consumers resolve their debt obligations.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Midland Credit Management?

Midland Credit Management is an online collection agency that helps consumers resolve debts. The company provides consumers with flexible options for paying off their debts and educational resources to help them create a financially stable future.

The company operates in 50 states and has helped over 7 million consumers get out of debt.

How does Midland Credit Management work?

Midland Credit Management may contact you if you have overdue debts or haven’t been meeting your minimum monthly payments. Accounts that are eligible for Midland Credit Management’s services include:

• Clients who haven’t made a payment on their debts in at least 180 days
    • Clients who are paying less than the creditor requires

In either of these situations, your lender may put your account into collections or sell it to an agency like Midland Credit Management. Midland Credit Management then contacts you and attempts to find a realistic way to resolve your overdue debts.

Is Midland Credit Management legit?

While you can’t apply for Midland Credit Management’s services, its program is helpful if you’re unable to pay past debts or are struggling to meet minimum payment requirements. Visit its website or refer to the information the company sent you for more details.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Credit Management?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I give up on Midland Credit. I have a bill that is owned by Midland. I have been calling for weeks. Every time I speak with someone they give me another number to call and another extension to speak to various people. I call and leave messages, no one calls back. I call again and go through the same thing. When I call this extension, I just am placed on hold for hours. I am trying to fix my credit and don't know what to do at this point. Strange way to do business.

Original review: July 21, 2021

They, are very sneaky. You, can hardly understand their so called customer service department. A pure headache they are. There, are a lot of ??? surrounding this company and their practices. I, have read many complaints about this company and it is not good.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I found myself with a little bit of debt and unable to pay. My debt was bought by Midland. Trying to get through to the department handling my account is non-existent. I have tried for the last 30 days to pay this bill off. When calling in I get transferred to a voicemail where I never receive a call back. I been calling three times a day, leaving voice mail after voicemail with no return call. The representative you get when transferred will not provide any information and are extremely unfriendly when challenged. I was able to find my account online and and have additional questions. Why would I pay something you can't give me full detailed information to ensure my questions are addressed?

Original review: May 6, 2021

I had two debts that were acquired by Midland Credit Management. They sent me a letter threatening a lawsuit at which time I paid both accounts in full. This was in November of 2020. It is now May of 2021 and their website still shows that I owe $1.176.02. When I call, they confirm the account has been paid in full and closed, the debt is not accurate... however, my credit reports all still show this account is still in collections with a debt owed. I call this company once per month and get a complete runaround for hours where nobody knows what to say, managers are not available, someone will call me but it never happens.

I have requested and registered receipt of requests on their website for someone to call me and it never happens. I have NO DEBT to any creditor, but my credit score is being severely affected by a Midland report that I am in collections. When I dispute their claim, they verify that the collection is accurate. Why will nobody help me, it's been 6 months!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

On 10/21/20 I received correspondence from Midland Credit Management notifying me that I owed $917.19 to them. No explanations as to what the charges were, just that I owed them $917.19. And, in order to avoid court arrangement, I needed to settle this immediately. After phoning Midland, I asked for the last 4 SSN's on the account. They were different than mine. I told them they had the wrong person. I gave them my full SSN, DOB, home address and phone number.

On 10/23, I was served with a court hearing arrangement. The arrangement papers gave a different origination address than mine where I've lived for the last 30 yrs. Now, I've got to appear in court to prove my own identity and repudiate the miss identity Midland has used. Is this a reputable, reliant company that can't even do the diligence necessary to get one's identity correct before filing court papers against them? What a fraud! Internet search reveals they've had one or more lawsuits filed against them for fraud charges. They may have one more.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have set up a payment plan with them over 5 times now. My bank pays them with no issues on my bank's end. But every month they call to tell me that it didn't go through. Now they want my debit cards over the phone. I told them no way. I've set up payment with them multiple times. I have the payment plan in writing. Issues in their computer system are not my problem. Beware.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I had a credit card that they purchased and then sued me in court for and got a judgement against me. I called and worked out a payment plan and worked with a good collection customer service person. I have made a total of 4 payments that have been on time and per our agreement and have two more small payments left. Well this month August 2020 I came in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and had to get tested myself and had to self isolate which meant no work.

I called on 8/13/2020 and asked if my payment for this month could be extended to another date. The man I spoke to was rude and said I had a judgement and could not break the arrangement. I said, "I am not breaking an arrangement but asking for an extension." He rattled on again and I said, "You are not listening to me and "I am not breaking my arrangement." He then said and I quote "I take offense to you saying I am not listening." This guy is a grown man and he takes offense to telling him he is not listening! Seriously he needs to man up and act like an adult instead of a toddler.

I finally got through to him after explaining it to him like I would to one of my preschool students in my class and he understood after I explained it in a way that he could understand. Wish I had gotten an attorney when this all happened and had them work out something in my favor. What turned out to be a 300.00 credit card bill turned out to be over 1000. I had tried to make payments but fell on hard times. This company takes people court left and right. It seems to be what they thrive off of.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I received a legal document from this collection agency, earlier this year. Until then I never heard of Midland Credit Management. After calling an attorney we took this company to court. It took an appeals court judge to rule in my favor. So as of this writing, I don't have to pay these bloodsuckers anything. Take my advice and Sue this company. It won't be long before they turn tail and run. Because they haven't a legal leg to stand on.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I have attempted contact to the correct department 4 times in two days to notify them the debt has been settled. They are still sending me a letter advising me of the unsettled debt. Nobody called me back. I asked to speak to the person who has a signature on the letter I received and I was told he does not take any phone calls. I really cannot understand how a company cannot respond in a timely fashion.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have spoken with so many people, Kellan, Paul **, Ben **, Ralph, Jerry **. Rude. Hung up on. When I asked for an email regarding our conversation of a refund they refused. I would never work with this company if I didn’t have to. Very sad especially due to the fact that our country is hurting due to covid.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Midland Credit Management Company Information