1.1/5 (145 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

IC System Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IC System?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IC System?

Original review: July 19, 2022

I had a utility bill in a house I rent and I didn't even know about it. When I found out I called IC System and paid the bill. This was in May 2022. I asked them to send me a receipt and they said they would mail it to me. 2 weeks have passed and I have not received the receipt. I called again and they said again that they would send it to me. I didn't get the receipt again. Yesterday morning a collection appeared in my name of this debt in the 3 credit bureau.

I called IC System yesterday, spoke to the supervisor, again and they said they would email me the receipt. I didn't receive it again I called the utility company and they said the collection agency did not report the payment to them. I call IC System and they say I have to talk to the utilities company but I don't have a receipt that can prove the payment. And I can't do anything to get my credit restored because I don't have a receipt for a debt I paid. This is my right., Do not make payments to this collector agency.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Discovered they had filed a collections on behalf of AT&T for an amount of $105 to two credit bureaus. Realized something was off because I have two active AT&T accounts in good standing, and had received absolutely no previous notice to any pending amounts. Called AT&T collection's team, and they confirmed they had 0 records of any outstanding balances nor could they find any records showing they had contacted IC System.

I called IC System to dispute the charge; they would not provide me with any relevant info on how this happened, what account was allegedly in debt and did not have any accurate information of myself on file nor any current places of residence. Told them this was a fraudulent collection and it needed to be removed immediately; they told me they could only remove if I paid. Why in the world would I pay for debt I do not owe, that AT&T confirms is not owed? I then requested to have all info submitted to me in writing as they are required to do by law, and they refused. Have now disputed with all agencies and two governmental entities. Absolutely do not let these people intimidate you; this is purely a con game under the guise of a legitimate collection agency.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I got multiple calls at 5am, 7am in the morning, and the numbers are from different states. When I call these numbers back, they all point to the same automatic robot recording and I asked for customer service asking the woman why they constantly calling me, they say it is about a personal matter. I asked, "What the ** is that" and the woman hanged up. Called the number again, a different woman this time says she just wanted to verify my address on behalf of Comcast. I was like, "???? Comcast serves my internet, and they need to verify my address thru this IC system? And why do they give my info to you?" I told her, "Stop calling me, let Comcast call me directly, they got all my email, phone and address." I am sad that I have to be rude but this IC system is nothing but scammer. Be careful.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Company trying to collect from wrong person. Not my bill. Wrong info. Said they cannot help me. And they reported it on my credit report. They have the wrong person. And will not fix it. I have to send letters to all 3 credit reporting comp. TOTAL RIP OFF company. They did not do research.

Original review: April 21, 2021

All these other 1 star reviews are well deserved. These people are nothing but scammers. I've never heard of this company before yet somebody called me about an account I never made for money that I do not owe. I did not confirm my identity with them because I have no idea who these ** are. When I asked their identity and reason for harassing me, the people constantly avoided my questions, and gave robotic scripted answers. This trash makes a living off scamming people for their hard earned money. Do not trust these people and stay safe.

Original review: March 18, 2021

This bunch of Idiots have already determined that an account from AT&T was not mine along with 2 others. They have continually broke the law by reporting on my credit. They are a 3rd party company that by law is not supposed to be able to report, but all the 3 agencies are too damn lazy to do anything about it. It HAS TO STOP NOW.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I have nothing against this kind of business. They have a job to do. The job of collecting debts can be unpleasant. But the representatives must understand they represent not only their business - with which consumers may not have repeat business - but also the brands who engage them to collect debts (or who assign debts over to them for cents on the dollar).

My first call with the company, a few months ago, went ok. A bit tedious but generally professional. They never got back to me, even after a few months, despite saying they would. So I called again yesterday. The agent I reached had no update (other than they had noted my prior call), and he was completely recalcitrant in my attempt to try to move the resolution forward. His only solution was to offer me a settlement. It took me a solid FIFTEEN MINUTES, during which I remained polite and calm but very firm, to get him to finally agree to connect me with a supervisor or someone else who may be able to help further.

He stymied every attempt at resolution. He would not give me any contact information (name, phone number, email, anything) for resolving the matter without payment (I believe the underlying debt is based on faulty records of the merchant and is not owed at all) and would not connect me with anyone else at the company. Even if what he said was true - that no one else could do anything more than he - he had no right to refuse to allow me to communicate with someone else.

Turns out he was also lying, as once I finally got his supervisor on the phone, she gave me the contact information I had been seeking. Sadly, she also made it pretty clear, by implication as she would not come right out and say it although she would not refute my expressed understanding of what I was hearing, that they are not set up to deal with factual errors and do not actually communicate with their business clients from whom they acquire these presumed debts or have any systems at all in place to handle disputes. They just try to force a consumer to pay the debt (or a settlement of 75 to 80 cents on the dollar) out of sheer frustration and the desire to get rid of the hit on the consumer's credit. This is a TERRIBLE COMPANY to have to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

My bill was taken care of successfully and quickly. The man was very nice and polite. I would prefer all my bills be handled by this company. I appreciate the time he took to explain to me that I had 2 bills and not one. Thank you????

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have already filled out a report with the federal government on this company. Today, they listed on my credit that I opened a new account with them. NEVER HAPPENED! Then they made that new account that I NEVER opened worth $349.00. Then my credit watch sent me a 3rd statement saying that IC systems made that new account I NEVER opened be more than 120 days late.

So now I have a "new account" effective today. Yet I owe $349. And it is more than 120 days late!!! Now I don't know what planet IC systems is from but you can't open a new account and be 3 months late at the same time on earth and last I checked time travel isn't yet available. AND I have never heard of this company. And as of this morning, my credit had NO past due anything!!! I have worked hard to keep it this way and I absolutely do not appreciate this!! I'll be hanged before I shell out any money to some company as shady as this! I am gonna make me a bowl of popcorn and let the federal government (my employers) take care of this one. Nope. Scammers gonna hang before I do!

Original review: March 11, 2020

I've been paying Off a debt for fpl that this company(ic systems) received that I wasn't aware of and finally in February I was able to pay debt off. After making payment waiting to see this marked paid on my credit I'm seeing that it was still reflecting a $30 balance on account however again I made balance payment in full. I called company one again to resolve and was advised my September payment has returned in February. Something I've never heard of so after requesting a supervisor the supervisor gets on the call trying to convince me that a payment the original creditor took in September happen to be returned in February which was completely false.

Asking me to send in something proving it wasn't returned so I began to question who my payment was returned to because it was never returned to my checking account. This company is definitely the worst to work with they lie and apparently steal also really not understanding why any large company who cares about the customers and their reputation would ever use this unprofessional company...

IC System Company Information