1.14/5
Based on 120 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

139 IC System Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was contacted by an I.C. System customer service representative who quickly introduced herself and who she represented (I.C. System) and proceeded to ask me to verify personal information. I was not sure what company she said she was with and I was not going to give out or confirm personal information to a stranger so I asked again who this was. She gave the same introduction so I asked what is I.C. System and she provided an extremely vague answer. Something about personal experiences with a hospital I had gone to. That still did not help me feel assured that this company I had never heard of should know any of my personal information.

I called back and got the same person. I asked to speak with a supervisor. He was no better. They both were very unprofessional, vague and unhelpful insisting that I confirm my personal information. I did confirm it only to find out that they are a collection agency. I also found out enough to contact the hospital who had made a mistake on my account. The hospital credited my on time payment to the wrong account. They promised that this would be fixed and that they would inform I.C. System.

All I.C. System needed to do was to provide full disclosure to who they are at the beginning of the call so I could accurately determine if this was someone (person or company) that I could trust with my personal information or even to confirm my personal information. I was very dissatisfied with my experience and would have given them no stars with the rating would allow. I also informed the hospital so they could evaluate if they need to change their business with a better collection agency company. I.C. System is as bad as it gets for customer service!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have never in my life been so genuinely frustrated with a company, mind you I call Verizon and Comcast frequently so that says A LOT. Nonetheless, these people told me my debt was "gone" because Verizon was incorrect and had accepted my dispute. I get ANOTHER letter in the mail from them saying no I owe them money. I call back and they tell me I owe this money now, but just told me three weeks prior I didn't? I sent them multiple different proofs my $0 bill with Verizon Fios, and they still won't accept the fact that I don't owe the money. They keep contacting me, contradicting themselves, not giving me an actual solution to how they managed to tell me two entirely different things, and I'm honestly over it. Clearly their systems don't update properly.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I have been receiving call from the same number asking me to verify my address. I hang up. Today I asked what this was about. I was told I had a debt with Kindercare and they would report to credit bureau. My child hasn't gone to KinderCare in a year. I called KinderCare and was told my balance was zero and I had never been turned over to collections. I hope they are not able to report a bogus debt to the credit bureaus. What can be done to stop this company?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We received our collections notice about two days ago and have been waiting for payday to make our first payment. Today I get a call on my cell phone asking for me by name. I make it a habit to screen calls before giving away private information, so I made it clear that I would not confirm that they had the right number until they told me what business they were from and what they were calling in reference to. They very rudely told me that they would not be telling me their business. They hung up on me. So I called back and asked again.

Again I was rudely told that they refused to tell me even the business name unless I confirmed my identity. Now I understand that debt collections is a private matter. But they couldn’t even tell me their company name? What if I hadn’t been able to answer my phone, but a trusted friend or family member answered for me? You’re just gonna be rude? And I’m just gonna go on with my life thinking I don’t have a collections debt? No, how about approaching people kindly. I intend on paying my debt. But I’ll never do it over the phone with their rude employees. I’ll be using the online portal, where I’m not made to feel like a criminal.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My husband keeps getting a bill from IC System. I keep telling them we don't owe it. I called the Company today that they claim they are collecting for. The Company said that we don't have an outstanding bill even in old bills. We are not paying it. It appears they are scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IC System?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This is a very terrible place of establishment, I've spoken with someone there by the name of Jeffery on December 4th, 2017 who called me to set up a payment arrangement about my debt with Ameren UE. I requested the arrangement to be set-up for $25 each month to come out of my account. On the January 18th, 2017 this company pulled out the full balance owed to Ameren UE of $227.18 which I did not authorize. I called the company numerous times inquiring about my payment arrangement that should have been set up on the account for $25 per month and they are arguing with me that a payment arrangement to them is exactly what was set up on my account which was me paying $25 the first time then paying the remainder in full the second time. This is by far the worst collection agency I've ever had to deal with. I will be reporting them to the BBB. The company gets no stars from me. Absolute thumbs down.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Like many others on this blog, I was called today on my cell phone. I just received a class action payment from an company that were using people's cell phones to try to collect debts. Same thing... hmm. In any case, I am in Chapter 13 and per the law surrounding that, no one/no debtor is allow to call me to try to collect on any debt. As such if there are any attorneys that want to take another class action lawsuit, I would gladly be a complainant and in that I am also in Chapter 13 and damages can be assessed as a result of doing so. Companies like this need to be put out of business and never see the light of day again. Any attorney who would like to do, should contact me. Not sure how they can do so, as I will not leave my email on this site or phone number (maybe a burn phone would help). In any case, I would gladly be a lead complainant.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company is a Predator in the collection industry. They buy old collections. Some going back 4-8 years to collect. In my case I had a collection of $222 from DirecTV back in 2013 that was a cancellation fee only. After discussing the matter with DirecTV in 2013 they dropped the collection. It did not appear on my credit report until July 2017, surprise, after 4 years. I have been unable to get all the credit reporting companies to remove the negative collection so I have filed a Small Claims Lawsuit against IC Systems in Collin County, TX. I expect to prevail in court.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

This is pure BS. This horrible company can put a fraudulent collection on your credit report yet it is impossible to contact them. My identity was stolen via Experian and their joke of a “monitoring service” doesn’t do anything to fix garbage like this. I don’t owe anything to anyone yet now I’m shown with a new $50 collection every day! If a company can add to your credit report, it should be law that they can be reached! Besides, if I owed them anything, I could not pay anyway! What a bad joke!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

This company has just placed a mark on my credit report. I don't know who they are or what it's for, and lo and behold. You can't contact them any time except when I am at WORK! No email, no after hours. I've never received a call or document from them. Perhaps a BBB will get a response from them.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I am an attorney with a Vet bill in collection with this company and they are impossible to reach. I am spending a lot of time on hold and THEN it just goes to voicemail which no one seems to listen to or if they do they don't bother to call back. And I'm trying to PAY them... I got through once and we reached a settlement of 50% and from that angle I am satisfied (got a call back confirming acceptance but no extension or email was provided so I cannot finalize for my client who is under a deadline to her bank to prove settlement). AWFUL. This has been going on all week at all hours. This morning at 7AM(!) I called and the system wastes my time again by allowing me to go through the motions just to tell me in the end that they aren't open. Where are your business hours? Where is your fax number or email? I think I should open a collection agency because I can easily compete with this. They must have awful results for their clients.

Original review: May 31, 2017

So 2 weeks ago I log in to Credit Karma to check my scores and I see I have a delinquent account from Con Edison says I owe $295.43. I called the debt collector number shown under this information. I go thru the process of paying off my debt. When they ask for payment they told me I can pay with debit or credit card but I will encounter a $15 dollar processing fee to pay a debt using a card so they gave me another option which was using a ACH payment which they waive the fees to process this payment. I, of course, chose the ACH payment. After this was done I was told they will Process my payment the same night and by Sunday I should see on credit report the change of paid in full and closed.

So it's now a week and I check my mailbox and Baam! I got a letter that shows that I have paid my account but there is still a balance of .50 cents. How is there a balance when I just processed my bank for full payment. So I called, spoke to a guy representative. He then tells me I have an outstanding balance of .50 cents. If I don't take care of this it will be sent in for collections. This guy couldn't even understand himself. Why would they still be .50 remaining from an $300 payment, like seriously, why would I wanna mess my credit up for .50? Well it wasn't my fault, they calculated my balance wrong. So now I made a payment and I'm waiting on an update but my bank still haven't process a payment for this .50 cents yet and is the next business day.

How unprofessional can you be when you are asked to take payment to pay off a balance in full and close the account and still be missing .50 from the total. If they didn't send out that letter I would have never knew I still had this stupid account in for collections. It's ridiculous. They could have offered to remove the .50

balance and paid it themselves for screwing up. I'm surprised this company been in business for this long and so many negative complaints. Beware of Full Payment, check receipts and letter so they don't say you still have an remaining balance.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I got a call from someone asking for me then wanting me to verify my address and last four of SS#. I asked what it was about and all she would say was that it was personal business. I felt like it might be a scam so I refused. She kept insisting, even said that she already had the information. She just had to verify who I was. So I asked what it was about. Again she said "personal business". I asked the name of the company. She said IC Systems. I asked what her company is all about and guess what?! It's "personal business". So I told her that I wasn't going to give her anything if she couldn't tell me what it was about.

Then I get a letter, IC Systems is a collection agency. Apparently they buy up old debts. I wasn't aware of any old debts. It was from CenturyLink for a bill that they never sent and I never got a call about it in 8 months. CenturyLink says sorry. Now I have to deal with these people. So I have 30 days from the day they sent the bill or they put it on my credit report. I looked these guys up and it looks like they do this to people. They put it on their credit report and then the people pay it, it comes off their report then 6 months later it's back on their report and they have to do it again.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The rep on the phone admitted to me that they send out blanket letters to everyone with my name on it like a fishing scheme in order to catch the debtor. That's got to be illegal. Great way to do business and scare people. The one star review says it all.

Original review: May 16, 2017

This company is an absolute scam. My dog died two years ago and IC System contacted me saying there was an unpaid debt for his cremation. I immediately paid the debt as I was in the final stages of being hired by a new company. Any negative debt showing on a credit report could derail that employment offer. The company will not accept personal bank statements as proof of payment so I asked after paying if I could get a receipt showing the entire payment had been posted. The IC System rep droned on about how it will take up to 72 hours to get a receipt of a payment. 72 hours??? Three days to get a receipt of payment? In today's world of instant processing, why would it take 3 days to get a receipt of payment? I explained this is for immediate employment verification.

I told them I would need a letter or receipt to submit to my prospective employer immediately. After much persistence, they finally said I would need to wait at least until the next day after the payment posted and I could call back to get the receipt. Usually once you post a payment you can get a receipt AND/OR a confirmation number. They could not offer either. But okay, I called back the next day. The IC Systems rep read the notes he found in the system and said they had mistakenly canceled the previous day's payment so it never processed, "Oops." And he went on to say if I posted payment again, it would take up to another 72 hours to get the receipt.

Oops!?!? I was furious. I had to post payment again. This time I vehemently demanded either a receipt or confirmation number to ensure payment was posted. I gave him my routing and account number. He said the payment "Looks like it went through this time" BUT still could not give a receipt or confirmation number. I persisted again and asked if he could ask his supervisor to fax a letter saying that the payment has been posted or is waiting to process or any words he wish to use to show that this debt is being taken care of.

Original review: May 16, 2017

They saw that I had a Cable One account in collections because I was disputing the charges with another creditor. They started calling and when I asked if the other collections sold my account to them, they danced around the question and then stated they worked together. I told them if they worked together then they should know what was going on. I advised them not to call back but they did. I refused to take their calls and one day I see the same Cable One account on my credit report with a $2 dollar difference in the bill. I got it taken care of through the original creditor but they insist on ruining my credit!!! Something should be done. I just don't know where to go. I dispute it, and dispute it, and it never goes away!!! I'm so angry!

Original review: March 27, 2017

It is a case of not doing the research before sending letters of garnishment. I owed a tax bill for $859.00 in 2010 for back employment taxes Georgia. Which I settled the debt paid in full in 2010. I have lien release and letter stating taxes paid in full. Every 2 years I get a letter from IC System even when I send the copy of proof. I will allow anyone to damage my credit and it is up to you to let these uneducated debt collectors try to intimidated the general public with nonsense. It give everyone a bad taste in their mouth. I would like to see this company closed forever. This lien has been closed for 7 years.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Unethical Company. They called about an old hospital bill that has been paid over 2 years ago. I called the hospital with the exact account number they cite, and they confirm it has been paid. For over 2 years. Now IC System is trying to claim $200 in collection fees. They said if I don't pay in 30 days, I will be reported to Transunion, and Sheriff Department. What a bunch of scamsters.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

They have bought one of my old debts... cell phone bill to be precise. Which has been removed from my credit multiple times in the past because the amount of 2400+ cannot be proven. I disputed it and of course it has been removed once again but they have also added on a 200$ collection fee. They continue to send mail claiming they will put it back on my credit. Doubt they can but is it legal to add on fees and report that balance on someones credit as part of the debt?

Original review: July 27, 2016

They call all hours of the day and night and never leave a message. Being going on for a few weeks now. I called them back and told them I wanted my number removed from their calling list and the guy hung up on me... I'm so sick of the robo calls...

Original review: June 9, 2016

They refuse to tell me what they are or what they want though I've read they are a collections company. They continue to call me daily. When they call they only identify as IC System calling about a "personal business matter" and ask that I answer personal questions to verify my identity which I refuse to do. At that point they state "Well let the record show we attempted to contact you." Ridiculous.

Original review: June 2, 2016

In December of 2015, I called and paid a past utility bill. It kept showing up on my credit report. I got a letter saying it was paid in full. I called today. The man said that the number was wrong and it did not go through. I know I gave the right number. It was the incompetence of the company that can't even put the right number in. They should had contacted me and not sent me a letter that it was paid in full. The man was very rude to me. He never once apologized to me. I am not about to pay them twice. This is poor business practices. The company needs to quit hiring such incompetent people and teach them some matters. All I was trying to do is get my credit straighten out so I can get a parent plus loan for my daughter to finish up college. I called the original creditor and told them about them. I also told them to hire another company if they want to get their past due accounts paid.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I have asked this company to stop calling me for 6 days, they call every day. They have the wrong number and keep calling. I have been on the do not call list since April 29th, 2008.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2015

I just received a call from IC Systems asking for my mother. I informed the caller that she is deceased and asked what this was about. The caller expressed hurried sympathy about our loss and dove back into the reason for the call which she expressed was about a "personal matter." (Up to this point I had never heard of IC Systems.) The caller asked for the exact date of death. I told her that was personal but gave her a date range because in the heat of the moment, I could not remember. The caller then asked for a surviving spouse and I mentioned that he had passed away a month before she did. (No sympathy expressed this time.) She asked if there was an estate and I informed her that it was closed. She pushed further and asked if I were her son and by this time, I had reached my level of patience and informed that I still was. Again, I asked her what this was about and she told me it was "personal". At that point, I hung up after thanking her.

My complaint is that I expect, in all communications, a straight-forward answer to my questions and not a run around. That is how I do business and I expect to be treated the same way. My parents died within five weeks of one another and we took pains to make sure all outstanding bills were paid. How they got my number in the first place is unknown to me and I am definitely riled about this assault on a very sensitive issue for our family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

Spoke to 5 people to try and get a date confirmation about when an item could be placed on a credit report. The first person said he doesn't know how to do that and even if he did, he would not help out. He told me the date over the phone and he said I would just have to take his word for it if the date changed or the item was sent to the credit bureaus early. The supervisor of the section, Matt **, said it was above his paygrade. Also, the legal department would handle this and he would transfer me to them, but he doesn't know their office phone number, which is also above his paygrade to know.

Additionally, could not provide a policy number or document stating why he needs to know a person's name over the phone in order to talk to them. Next person, Barb ** of consumer affairs told me she doesn't have a letter that provides the information requested, but she can provide it to the original creditor. She also told me that her name and her phone number are the same as a reference number and she gave me this information because she is helping me out. She could not tell me that you have to identify yourself on the phone because of confidential information, because she didn't know. She then told me that she will not be helpful anymore because I am rudely interrupting her when she was doing the same thing to me the entire conversation. Horrible company, but it's family owned by women so what do you expect?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

The collectors at this company contacted me repeatedly to settle a debt that had not been processed by the debtor properly through health insurance. The entire bill that was originally reported to IC system was run through insurance a few time after the bill made it to IC - and the debt went from several thousands of dollars to what was reported to me as $0 left on the balance. Well, the hospital reran the claims again (no clue as to why) and left me with a balance of $181.79 according to IC system - but I never received an adjusted claim or bill from the hospital nor did the claim go out of delinquency once it was decided that the entire bill was wrong and hadn't gone through insurance etc.

The clock never reset on the IC system side when it clearly did for the hospital, especially since both companies said I owed $0 after the adjustment. This might have acceptably gone into collections initially but once I addressed the situation with the hospital, my insurance and IC system - and all 3 responded that I did not owe anything else - then this should have been closed on the collection agency's side. When the hospital reported a new balance then that might have been considered a new debt - but to call it delinquent by over 90 days when this was clearly a new balance is ludicrous and incorrect. This has since been reported to on my credit erroneously. Now I have to struggle with the credit agency to have this report removed when it was IC system that messed up.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2015

In late winter of 2014 I took my cat to a local vet hospital in Bolton, Connecticut for an emergency. He was lying in his box, I knew he was ill. I was quoted $600 for surgery, meds, room and board. The vet called me after surgery, said there were some complications but he would be fine and I could get him in a day or two. When I picked him up, I was given a bill for $1600.00, grossly over the agreed quote. A few weeks later I was assaulted, which caused loss of employment, and I did explain this to the vet.

Without warning, my account is placed with IC System, which I recently found out. I do not answer 800 number calls, but a few days ago my 15 yr old daughter saw the number and said they called HER the day before. The rep asked if she knew me, and she said to not call her again. I got on the phone with them, and reminded them it was illegal to harass a minor child, and I wanted to know how they got her number. Their reply? "What is a minor child doing with a telephone?" I asked him "what kind of a question was that," and he laughed. They have a lot of nerve harassing my child, but more importantly, HOW did they get her phone number?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

First, I have been legally disabled in the year 1996. I was sitting playing my guitar and got a call from IC Systems. A female named Hadassah, said that they are going to garnish my bank account and that I have a debt from 1992 for $2000.00 for a state tax from Georgia and that it will never go away. She knew my last 4 digits of my SS#, and also said that 'interest' has been compounded since 1992! She said they are going to send "whatever" to my credit history which I worked very hard over the years to obtain a credit score of 761. I just went thru 38 days of hell withdrawing from 50 mg of ** a day that I took for 2 years steadily. I barely make it thru the month on my disability payments as for as trying to survive on little to nothing right now. I just got off that crap and now with my mental illness, this call has sent me spiraling out of control. I'm done. Guess at least they will have blood on their hands for what this lady did to me.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

I called, because I have 2 items on my credit report. I wanted to pay in full So I can be that much close to buying a house. I called. She asked if I had a reference #. I said no So she asked if I had my SS #. I gave it to her. She immediately hung up, and an automated voice said "They're unable to help me at this time". After reading some of these comments I'm getting kinda scared. What should I do?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

Hi! I knew my credit was bad but I never thought it was because a light bill balance of $900 +- pending from an old business I had 8 years ago. Neither the light company or the collections agency contacted me before to explain I had a balance. I have had the same phone number since then, same address, plus they have of course my driver's license # and ss # to find my address. I have been having bad experiences and difficult times because of my credit score. I just recently found out I have a balance. I wished they could have called me before to at least try to make payments on it.

IC System Company Information

www.icsystem.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business