IC System

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They have bought one of my old debts... cell phone bill to be precise. Which has been removed from my credit multiple times in the past because the amount of 2400+ cannot be proven. I disputed it and of course it has been removed once again but they have also added on a 200$ collection fee. They continue to send mail claiming they will put it back on my credit. Doubt they can but is it legal to add on fees and report that balance on someones credit as part of the debt?

They call all hours of the day and night and never leave a message. Being going on for a few weeks now. I called them back and told them I wanted my number removed from their calling list and the guy hung up on me... I'm so sick of the robo calls...

They refuse to tell me what they are or what they want though I've read they are a collections company. They continue to call me daily. When they call they only identify as IC System calling about a "personal business matter" and ask that I answer personal questions to verify my identity which I refuse to do. At that point they state "Well let the record show we attempted to contact you." Ridiculous.

In December of 2015, I called and paid a past utility bill. It kept showing up on my credit report. I got a letter saying it was paid in full. I called today. The man said that the number was wrong and it did not go through. I know I gave the right number. It was the incompetence of the company that can't even put the right number in. They should had contacted me and not sent me a letter that it was paid in full. The man was very rude to me. He never once apologized to me. I am not about to pay them twice. This is poor business practices. The company needs to quit hiring such incompetent people and teach them some matters. All I was trying to do is get my credit straighten out so I can get a parent plus loan for my daughter to finish up college. I called the original creditor and told them about them. I also told them to hire another company if they want to get their past due accounts paid.

I have asked this company to stop calling me for 6 days, they call every day. They have the wrong number and keep calling. I have been on the do not call list since April 29th, 2008.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IC System?

I just received a call from IC Systems asking for my mother. I informed the caller that she is deceased and asked what this was about. The caller expressed hurried sympathy about our loss and dove back into the reason for the call which she expressed was about a "personal matter." (Up to this point I had never heard of IC Systems.) The caller asked for the exact date of death. I told her that was personal but gave her a date range because in the heat of the moment, I could not remember. The caller then asked for a surviving spouse and I mentioned that he had passed away a month before she did. (No sympathy expressed this time.) She asked if there was an estate and I informed her that it was closed. She pushed further and asked if I were her son and by this time, I had reached my level of patience and informed that I still was. Again, I asked her what this was about and she told me it was "personal". At that point, I hung up after thanking her.

My complaint is that I expect, in all communications, a straight-forward answer to my questions and not a run around. That is how I do business and I expect to be treated the same way. My parents died within five weeks of one another and we took pains to make sure all outstanding bills were paid. How they got my number in the first place is unknown to me and I am definitely riled about this assault on a very sensitive issue for our family.

Spoke to 5 people to try and get a date confirmation about when an item could be placed on a credit report. The first person said he doesn't know how to do that and even if he did, he would not help out. He told me the date over the phone and he said I would just have to take his word for it if the date changed or the item was sent to the credit bureaus early. The supervisor of the section, Matt **, said it was above his paygrade. Also, the legal department would handle this and he would transfer me to them, but he doesn't know their office phone number, which is also above his paygrade to know.

Additionally, could not provide a policy number or document stating why he needs to know a person's name over the phone in order to talk to them. Next person, Barb ** of consumer affairs told me she doesn't have a letter that provides the information requested, but she can provide it to the original creditor. She also told me that her name and her phone number are the same as a reference number and she gave me this information because she is helping me out. She could not tell me that you have to identify yourself on the phone because of confidential information, because she didn't know. She then told me that she will not be helpful anymore because I am rudely interrupting her when she was doing the same thing to me the entire conversation. Horrible company, but it's family owned by women so what do you expect?

The collectors at this company contacted me repeatedly to settle a debt that had not been processed by the debtor properly through health insurance. The entire bill that was originally reported to IC system was run through insurance a few time after the bill made it to IC - and the debt went from several thousands of dollars to what was reported to me as $0 left on the balance. Well, the hospital reran the claims again (no clue as to why) and left me with a balance of $181.79 according to IC system - but I never received an adjusted claim or bill from the hospital nor did the claim go out of delinquency once it was decided that the entire bill was wrong and hadn't gone through insurance etc.

The clock never reset on the IC system side when it clearly did for the hospital, especially since both companies said I owed $0 after the adjustment. This might have acceptably gone into collections initially but once I addressed the situation with the hospital, my insurance and IC system - and all 3 responded that I did not owe anything else - then this should have been closed on the collection agency's side. When the hospital reported a new balance then that might have been considered a new debt - but to call it delinquent by over 90 days when this was clearly a new balance is ludicrous and incorrect. This has since been reported to on my credit erroneously. Now I have to struggle with the credit agency to have this report removed when it was IC system that messed up.

In late winter of 2014 I took my cat to a local vet hospital in Bolton, Connecticut for an emergency. He was lying in his box, I knew he was ill. I was quoted $600 for surgery, meds, room and board. The vet called me after surgery, said there were some complications but he would be fine and I could get him in a day or two. When I picked him up, I was given a bill for $1600.00, grossly over the agreed quote. A few weeks later I was assaulted, which caused loss of employment, and I did explain this to the vet.

Without warning, my account is placed with IC System, which I recently found out. I do not answer 800 number calls, but a few days ago my 15 yr old daughter saw the number and said they called HER the day before. The rep asked if she knew me, and she said to not call her again. I got on the phone with them, and reminded them it was illegal to harass a minor child, and I wanted to know how they got her number. Their reply? "What is a minor child doing with a telephone?" I asked him "what kind of a question was that," and he laughed. They have a lot of nerve harassing my child, but more importantly, HOW did they get her phone number?

First, I have been legally disabled in the year 1996. I was sitting playing my guitar and got a call from IC Systems. A female named Hadassah, said that they are going to garnish my bank account and that I have a debt from 1992 for $2000.00 for a state tax from Georgia and that it will never go away. She knew my last 4 digits of my SS#, and also said that 'interest' has been compounded since 1992! She said they are going to send "whatever" to my credit history which I worked very hard over the years to obtain a credit score of 761. I just went thru 38 days of hell withdrawing from 50 mg of ** a day that I took for 2 years steadily. I barely make it thru the month on my disability payments as for as trying to survive on little to nothing right now. I just got off that crap and now with my mental illness, this call has sent me spiraling out of control. I'm done. Guess at least they will have blood on their hands for what this lady did to me.

I called, because I have 2 items on my credit report. I wanted to pay in full So I can be that much close to buying a house. I called. She asked if I had a reference #. I said no So she asked if I had my SS #. I gave it to her. She immediately hung up, and an automated voice said "They're unable to help me at this time". After reading some of these comments I'm getting kinda scared. What should I do?

Hi! I knew my credit was bad but I never thought it was because a light bill balance of $900 +- pending from an old business I had 8 years ago. Neither the light company or the collections agency contacted me before to explain I had a balance. I have had the same phone number since then, same address, plus they have of course my driver's license # and ss # to find my address. I have been having bad experiences and difficult times because of my credit score. I just recently found out I have a balance. I wished they could have called me before to at least try to make payments on it.

IC SYSTEM claimed I was sent to collection by my current employer. I am part-owner of the company that they claim I owe money to. I had the other owner get involved and they said that they would clear it up but insisted someone from my work must have sent them this information. I disputed this and they removed it. 6 months later they did the same thing again. I had to hire a lawyer to finally get it removed. IC System are criminals! They stole my information and fabricated false paperwork. They refuse to give me and my attorney any information. I have filed a report with the FTC.

IC systems call and call but then hang up when you answer. My suggestion is call them back and hang up like they do. That is their tactic, do the same. It worked for me. And it's rather fun they start getting rather vulgar. After a day of this they get the hint and they will stop the annoying calls.

This company is the worst nightmare. I get a call like two months ago from Some private number and when I answer the call some lady start asking me for my name and address and I'm asking her who you are and she said "I'm calling from ic systems" and I ask her from where and she said "this is a call trying to collect a debt" or something like that and she still asking me for my address and my name and I told her "well you call me so you have to know if I'm the person you said." But she said "I need this information because you have a collection account with us" and I ask her "how did you know it's me, did you have my social security number or my ID number" and she said no.

And I told her "Please stop calling me. I don't have any account with that hospital. So please stop." But today I check my credit report and guess what, I have that collection on my credit. This make my credit go down like really horrible. I call the company and some guy name ** told me something about the police and a lot of things and I told him "did you know how many people are in the world with my name?" And I'm asking him "did you have my social security number or my ID number" and he said no.

I have never had a phone call (had the same number for 15 years) or a letter from them. However when I checked my annual credit report today, I am dinged by them for a charge 6 months ago. Don't know where it's from or why it is there. How is this even legal? What is our government doing to stop these garbage companies?

I have been working on my credit the last year and finally had it up to over 750. Then I check it and wham - I have a collection for $431.00. I was never notified by mail, phone or email, but somehow this company has all of my info. They don't bother to give you a chance. Then they don't have anyway of letting you pay online.

Last December I took my Catahoula Blue Leopard Dog "Gracie" into PetSmart after a friend told me they had an insurance program called the "Wellness Program". Gracie had a slight limp for over a week and I was concerned as she was 12yrs old and there was no improvement. She needed x-rays which at most vet offices they run around 300. PetSmart’s Banfield hospital offered me three different levels on the computer and I picked the highest priced one for older dogs which included x-rays. When I got there I was told I had to pay 120.00 which included their start-up fee not quoted to me on the phone. But we agreed and I set a date to make a payments for the next 12 months. I asked “What if I wanted to cancel due to death of my animal, moving, or simply because I was not happy with the treatments or the doctors?”

She said “Just come in and talk with us. We'll be happy to cancel your program. You just fill out the forms to stop your program.” Gracie had stage 4 bone cancer and die within two weeks. Banfield sent me a card signed by the staff. I shortly after adopted a puppy and signed Molly up on the low level. The plan states office appts. Same day just phone for a time. I phoned showed up on time and a vet tech came out for Molly. I said "She just needs a flea pill and I wanted to bring her shot records in as she had just finished all the required shots by the rescue site that I had adopted her from.” I contacted the vet who is local and the office is well known to assure myself that she didn't need anything else. They told me she had everything and would fax the record to Banfield upon their call. I was told they were running behind and that it would be an hour?

I agree to leave her this once and for the second time told the vet whom I asked to speak to that she needed to call and get Molly's shot record which she said "Of course no problem, she should be done in an hour. We will phone you". After three hours I phoned them and was told “The vet is busy she will call you.” This flea pill appt. took five hours. I finally just went after her and since Gracie had just passed away 2 weeks prior I thought I would cancel her "wellness program" while waiting. I was surprised when the girl at the counter same one that signed me up just one month earlier told me she couldn't cancel the program as that was not part of their hospital but a different company. I was confused! I said I just signed Molly up with you 5 hrs. ago. “Yes, but we can't cancel for them.” She gave me the number and an “I’m sorry” look.

Molly finally came out with a vet tech and a whole booklet of papers as to what was done to her on this visit. She was only in for a heartworm test in order to get the flea and heartworm medication. I looked the sheets over and to my surprise they revaccinated her with all of her shots and redid all of her blood work. I knew that this was dangerous for the dog as just giving a dog the vaccines one time could in fact cause illness and even death to some puppies. These clowns had subjected my 9 month old puppy to double dose of many strong vaccines that given the first time you are told to watch carefully for any reactions. I was furious and spoke to the vet who acted very blase about it and said she couldn't get a hold of the other vet and they won't hurt her. "Better to be safe than sorry." I called the other vet who said no one called for her records!

For well over 2 weeks I called to cancel Gracie’s program and could not get a live person or a callback. Within 7 days Molly developed a cough like a seal sound and I rushed her to Banfield with an appt. they once again took her inside the clinic. I told them I have an appt. They said “She'll be out in 20mins. Doctors checking her now.” At the front desk I told them I was having trouble contacting "wellness program". They said try Tuesday afternoon! What! Vet tech came out and said molly would be a couple of hours. I was once again about to lose my temper. Went home waited another 5 hours when vet called and said "Molly has Kennel cough and I’ve give her two injections of antibiotics and I’m sending her home with a prescription for another one and cough tabs”. At the clinic I asked to speak to the vet (Every single visit there was a different vet). I asked her how Molly got Kennel cough. She said from an infected dog.

Now I had already looked this up on the computer and called my best friend who's a vet tech in Roseville. A 30 mile drive from where I’m at that’s why both my dogs ended up at this laughable and dangerous clinic. My friend said she was left in a cage at Banfield the day she with for a flea pill and spent 5 hours in that cage amongst sick dogs and given double doses of heavy vaccines at a very young age. So I told the vet she got it here in your clinic due to you not being able to keep your appts. And in your "wellness program booklet" I’m assured an appt. that day and not once telling the person that it is in fact a drop of service putting my healthy puppy next to sick dogs in cages next to her.

She gave Molly two antibiotic injections without phoning me costing 160.00 and tried to get me to pay another 100.00 for the pills that I got at Sam’s club for 43.00 but I went ahead and got 5 pills for her cough at 60.00 which upon reading the medication at home I came to realize is nothing but Vicodin cut with something. Dogs can take that at Sam’s club would have been 5.99. I later found out that not only did they revaccinate my puppy but since she was put in that cage for 5 hrs. and had not encountered any other dogs she had indeed gotten the cough at the clinic. But I also was told by my new vet that Kennel cough sounds awful but is very seldom dangerous and 90% a virus and Molly should have been checked and sent home with the understanding that most dogs get better within 10 days without any medications advising owner to just call if dog doesn't get better.

So she didn't need more powerful drugs pumped into her and I didn't need to overdraft my acct., to pay over 200.00 for something that is useless to what she had which she got due to their careless treatments. Answer from vet yes!!!! Then I get a letter from "wellness program" stating I owed them 720.00. I finally got a hold of them and told them Gracie had passed away which they in turn tried to say I still had to pay for her insurance!!!

I cancelled Molly’s and told Banfield that if I had any trouble due to my canceling or they try to get me to pay on insurance for my dead dog I would in fact called the medical vet board and turn them in for malpractice which it turns out I have to do. I went over this with IC Systems who assured me that they would look into it, sure they did by putting me in collections the very next week. Their very letter to me states I have 30 days to pay before it’s turned over to collections letter dated may 27th. As I work for a newspaper as a writer I assure you their name will be mentioned!!!

I received a call from ** (Minnesota number). It was initially a recording that kept telling me to hold on for a representative. When the man got on the line, he asked if he was speaking to me (giving me my name). I would not respond since my identity had been stolen and I was not confident in whom I was speaking with. He spoke very little English and kept asking me to verify information. After several attempts of trying to understand him and him telling me he could not give me information as to why he was calling me was very suspicious. Why would I give information out to anyone that called me from an unknown phone number. Plus, I have never heard of IC System before. If this is a legit company, they should not outsource their work and hire English speaking people so we can understand them and not feel threatened by them.

I was incarcerated from 08 to 11 and lived with son after. They have open account from 2011 to 2013 in collections and it's not my account. I do not even recognize business and I get to go calls daily. I have told them it's not my account and did not know. Once I spoke to them, it would open a whole new collection time. They have threatened to sue me in court. Threatened to serve me papers. I live in same place as address and nobody has showed up to serve papers or arrest me so stop threatening me. I am disabled and don't need the stress.

IC System first started contacting me at home about a month or two ago. I would get several phone calls a day. I never answered because I do not know the number. They never leave a message. Then they started calling me at work at a totally different number. Same thing, no message. I googled them and it said IC System was a collection agency. I checked my most recent credit reports, although I know I do not have any debts. My credit reports substantiated that fact. How do I get them to stop calling?

I received a delinquent account notice in my mail from IC Systems (P.O. Box 64138 St. Paul, MN 55164-0138). I found this odd, especially since I have never been delinquent on any bills in my life. I called the number provided (888) 241-8960 and a man answered. I asked him why I was receiving this mail? He says I had a delinquent account of $350 and had been turned over to them by PayPal. I did have a PayPal account, never used it and closed it. I told him he was crazy and that it must be fraud. He said he would notify PayPal and I would be hearing back between 7-10 days. I got off the phone with him and called PayPal, they stated I was closed out and didn't owe anything. Please investigate IC System and I would like to press charges or whatever I can do against anyone involved.

Well these meat heads keep calling my house number 3 to 4 times a day 7 days a week. Don't know why and don't care. Well I want to share this with all the disabled people. I myself after fall off a deck was forced to collect SS as I could not return to work because the nature of my job required me to stand for long periods. I just could not do that anymore being 55 and in pain most of the day unless I'm laying down but sometimes the pain does not go away, just lessens.

Well I had a house, 2 cars and other things that needed to be paid. My savings did not last long, maybe a year. Well I lost my house, cars...everything. The freaking car company I was dealings with for years didn't want to hear it. They took me to court for the balance of the cars and when I told the judge that I was disabled and was on SS, the judge told the lawyer for the car company "You should be ashamed to make this man come in just for me to tell you the same thing he told you."

When you are on state assistance or SS, SSDI they cannot DO ** TO YOU. Please read up on your rights... These kinds of people are disgusting. Let me also tell you this. I have magicJack. I no longer allow incoming calls and I also put call forwarding on and the number I used was the number they call me on. So IC System, I have no idea what you want, but I'm on SS so leave me alone and back at ya babe.

I just noticed the same thing on my credit report. No attempt to contact me but they posted to my credit report on the same date (3/18) for a collection of $109. I have no idea what this is from or could be from. It caused my credit score to drop by 58 points! This is ridiculous!

I paid off my credit card and remaining debt in 2010. They have been calling me day and night - no one speaks when you lift the receiver, no message is left if not answered. I called them and asked them to stop calling my number . They wanted other info, I told them I would report them, since I have no obligation to give them additional info. I asked them to say the name associated to the number and they refused... They refused to identify the type of work they did and hung up.

On 03-18-15, I received a credit monitoring alert reference IC Systems and a collection from 2009. That is correct. 2009. Other than the collection being an identity theft issue, IC Systems made absolutely no attempt to contact me by mail nor by telephone. They just put the negative collection on my credit without confirming any information. I'm seriously tired of companies that operate like this and I am VERY interested in filing a lawsuit.

Got two calls from IC Systems. When we took the call, a recorded voice said "Please wait - Your call is getting connected." I have not placed any calls nor I have any business transactions with IC systems. I check my 3 credit reports and see everything is OK and no outstanding collections for any collection agency to act. We are disturbed with the calls from IC systems. Frustrating...

I called IC systems on my own accord to settle a debt. YES, I called the debt collector and not the other way around. I wanted to raise my credit score and after I looked at my credit report I noticed I had a medical debt in collections from 2008. Up until this time I hadn't had the means to pay back the debt especially since it was a procedure which I was sure my insurance company at the time (Tricare) would cover being that it was a procedure to prevent possible chance of cervical cancer.

Anyhow, I digress. I called IC Systems and spoke to a woman who agreed to settle my debt for $289.85 down from $312.00 which was the original balance. She agreed to let me split the payment into 3 monthly installments of approximately $96.61. One month I called to change the date of the payment to a week later in the month due to issues with my direct deposit. What they failed to tell me is that pushing back the date of the payment (which I was initially allowed to choose) would make the settlement null and void. Thereby meaning I would have to pay the full amount. Of course no one over the phone told me this when they agreed to allow me to push back the date of my payment. In fact, not once was I given any reference number, point of contact, or paper receipt for any of the arrangements or payments which I have already made.

I take part of the blame as I didn't demand anything in writing and just assumed it would be taken care of. However, it is still completely unprofessional and in my opinion downright deceptive and intentionally so. This company is ran by crooks and swindlers. I am a hardworker and I attempted to reach out to settle a debt and instead I was mislead by doing their work for them (i.e. handing over the debt payment instead of having them seek me out).

For the past month, I have been receiving calls from the same number. They never leave a message. When I do answer, after saying hello, I don't get a response within 60 seconds, I hang up. Today when I answered, the woman was nasty when I told her my husband wasn't home then hung up on me. I called back on the same number and spoke to a gentleman. My husband talked to the man, who was arrogant and nasty. He would not let my husband get a word in. If they continue to call, I will contact my attorney.

A day after finding out someone has filed fraudulent taxes in my name, I find an IC systems report on my credit. Saying I missed a payment from AT&T in Dec 2014. To Clarify, I do NOT have one account with AT&T. Not one. And haven't. The address they had listed is one from 15 years ago. The phone number is one I don't know. They won't give me any info to call AT&T. But said I need a legacy t rep. No one at AT&T can help me. Twitter rep for AT&T says that department is not a working dept anymore. Reported to Experian, but IC Systems says it's still mine. I can't get any help with this. This is fraud, and is marking my credit. I have filed a police report.

IC System Company Profile