Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.31/5

Jacksonville, FL

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

141 Enhanced Recovery Company Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I owed AT&T a cancellation fee of $254 and some change. ERC offered a settlement of 114.52 because I've been putting it off for so long. I finally decided to pay it at the lowest price. Their system has it as being settled but AT&T hadn't received a thing. It's going on about a month now and I'm over it would. So glad I'm young enough to see this now... I'll never pay another collection agency again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

My credit card was virtually stolen 2 months ago. The bank unbeknownst to me shut down the account. All accounts with auto pays were shut down. I have been paying for my original AOL dial up service for 15 years (I know, I know!). I never use my AOL account, I have a free account with someone else. I happened to look at the mail the other day (there is 10's of thousands of junk emails) and there was an email from "AOL" failed payment notification. It says that I owe $36.99 and to call their "AOL member services team".

I called that number and explained what happened and that my husband called a month ago to cancel the account (finally!). They said that I owe $75 but they could reduce it to $25. I asked for a supervisor who told me the same. I told them that my husband called AOL last month but it must not have been cancelled. I started asking for department names and phone numbers. They gave me names but said that they didn't have phones. I informed them that I would find it the old fashioned way then. They put me on hold for the "head of department".

Meanwhile, I looked her up on the computer and found that she doesn't work for AOL but for Enhanced Recovery Company. When she got back on the phone I asked again if she worked for AOL and she said yes. "So you don't work for ERC?" "Uhhhhhhhh, yea I do." "Well that's not AOL is it?" "Yes it is" "Uh, no. You are a collection company that bought an account from AOL, right?" "Well we can offer you to take care of this by paying $25." "No, you can waive my account and I don't appreciate being lied to." "I didn't lie to you, you didn't ask..." REALLY???

I called an AOL customer service number (all of which are no longer based in the U.S. EXCEPT for the collection dept in Florida (ERC)) who can only refer me to the collection department (because they bought the account!). I informed the nice AOL gentleman that it is not an AOL department and they shouldn't keep lying to customers about it. The only reason they want $25 is because that's how much they bought the account for. I'll be damned if I am paying it. 15 years I paid $40 to AOL and 10 of it I never used it. I already paid my stupid dues...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

A few days ago, I was checking my credit report and it appeared that I owe ERC $2,640, and they supposedly got the debt from Sprint. I called Sprint because I had an account with them and then I transfer to T-Mobile. The last bill I got from Sprint marked $0.00 and I called them and they say they did not transfer my account to any debt collector. TransUnion started an investigation because the debt is affecting my credit score, so I hope everything is solved. If the debt doesn't disappear ERC has to respond, because I won't be able to pay 2,640 dollars and nobody knows where that came from.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

As I was checking my credit report I noticed that an account was in collection. ERC apparently was reporting that Comcast Cable had turned over an account to them for collection for 481.00 in July 2015. Apparently account was opened with Comcast in 2012. I attempted to contact ERC and got the runaround. No one can find my account. Comcast can't tell me anything saying it was turned over to ERC. I have not ever had a Comcast account and can't even get Comcast in my area yet it is now on my credit report. What a crock... Seems like anyone can add anything onto credit report then we play heck getting it fixed. I will not pay ERC for an account that is not mine. I think they all need to check out who they do business with and then check out social security numbers and addresses before trying to collect on a debt.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

I noticed I had a mark on my credit report due to a T-mobile debt that I owed. I received a phone call from this agency and they said I owed more than what was reported (agency fees). I advised I wasn't going to be paying those fees or any fees associated to processing my payments (I'm in debt collections myself). I know how this game works. They agreed and now I'm paid in full.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enhanced Recovery Company?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

They claimed they represent Comcast Cable for an outstanding balance of $114.62. Comcast had Credit Management, LP tried to collect in 2014. Comcast could not provide a detailed calling record for long distance calls Comcast claimed was made from my phone. Credit Management reviewed the case and decided to discontinue the collection effort. Enhanced Recovery just sent me a collection notice and they did not even have my correct name. They also tried calling me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

I called and requested copy of account with this company. Was told they purchased the account from T-Mobile, a company that I do not owe a debt. I called T-Mobile. Their records show account is paid and they have no record of the debt. I called Enhanced Recovery back and was told by Enhanced Recovery that they would report monthly until I paid them the amount they reported to the credit bureaus. I disputed the claim in July. The debt was reported again in August. This is extortion.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2015

Hi my name is Ariel **. This company reported an acct. from Comcast that I owe $339 which I don't owe at all. I did have an acct. in Comcast and they have ask me to return the equipments which I did and paid off all balance when I close my account with them. Then I saw this on my credit report - the only account showing on collections which I tried to take care of my credit. I never had any other account on collections. On top of that this company never heard and they never tried to contact me. I never receive any mail or calls regarding this acct.

I have contacted Comcast regarding this matter and they have told me that my acct. is paid off and no outstanding balance. They said that there must be some misunderstanding on my acct. which I don't appreciate. They have contacted the above agency and told them to cleared this but I'm still seeing this on my credit report. If you look at my credit history I don't even have much of credit cards due to being afraid of stuff like this could happen. I'm trying to build up my credit and pay my accounts on time. I don't deserved to be harassed and get my credit ruined because of this.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I called to pay my debt for $60 and they could not find it. I called Comcast to pay it and they said my account has been paid in full and that I have no balance. Do I get this off my credit report? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

I made Enhanced Recovery aware 05/19/2015 that I do not owe a balance with them for DirecTV. According to representative George ** he would stop all contact, have their records updated. On 08/6/2015, I receive an credit alert that Enhanced Recovery placed this account/Balance owed on my credit report. I called and spoke with manager (Wendy **) who was very rude and refused to let me explain to her that this account was settled. As I was attempting to give her the information she kept interrupting stating "no... no... no." I conference in DirecTV to inform her the original balance owed and the account had been settled on back in march 2015. She never apologized for their/Her negligence. This company is rude and needs to be investigated. All of my calls are recorded just like theirs for proof of their negligence. They need to be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

Received a collection bill for $800 with Comcast for a relative at my address (relative occasionally uses my address because he is in assisted living, but has never lived with me). This relative has never had Comcast, nor have I, nor is it available in our area. Also spelled his name incorrectly. Out and out thieves.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

Received notification from Enhanced Recovery Company that I owed Verizon $567 for a cell phone use with my account number. The bill was for I believe Dec 2014 and Jan 2015. When I received the notice I contacted them and said it was fraud as I have been living in Peru since Dec 2008 and my last payment to Verizon was 17 Apr 2009. I told them I was contacting the police to file a fraudulent bill.

Received a notice that they were putting my case on hold. Received a letter from them stating this 17 July 2015, on 1 Aug they turned it in to the credit bureaus. The 4th of Aug it was declared fraud and received a letter from Verizon stating so. They had no reason to turn it in to the credit bureaus this fast. I have a credit score of 823 and told them there was a mistake but they just ignored it. This company is the bottom of the barrel and I now have to wait maybe 2 months as Verizon has notified the credit bureaus, they declared it fraud. I ask ERC for an apology but don't expect they will admit to any wrongdoing.

Original review: July 27, 2015

This company showed up on my credit report out of nowhere. I do not have Time Warner cable and have not had it for 10 years and I paid off whatever was owed to them. This is the only derogatory mark I have on my report. It is annoying. There are several complaints on this company. There has to be something that can be done!

Original review: July 25, 2015

Have a 522.00 debt from Comcast that was left over from my divorce 5 years ago (ex was court ordered to pay it and he didn't), I didn't know it was still around until I went to get pre-qualified to buy a house in March of this year and found out it had first been reported last October (weirdly enough ERC has it listed as a "loan"). Called ERC and got nowhere. My attempts to validate the debt got me nowhere fast, my attempts to make payment went nowhere. The last rep I talked to was adamant that I give her my social security information, full name, date of birth and bank account information (routing number included) before they would do anything. I, of course refused. No one has free rein with my bank account or personal information. NO ONE. When I refused she stated the call was over and hung up.

When I closed on my house a month ago, they added the debt into my closing costs and cut me a check which I then mailed that afternoon certified, registered with a signature return. They did finally send me a debt validation letter a week after I closed on my house (mind you I sent out the initial debt verification request the first week in March) the documentation they sent me were 3 bills from 10+ years ago - the totals didn't even match the amount they were asking for (the bills totaled 612.56). I think it's amazing that it took them over 4 months to respond to my initial request.

They claim they've never gotten the check even though I have documentation from UPS that says they did. Check hasn't cleared the title company and the funds continue to sit in my escrow account. It can sit there until hell freezes over for all I care. I haven't heard from them since. ERC wants your money but only on THEIR terms, which means total unfettered access to your bank account, which isn't going to happen - ever.

Original review: July 25, 2015

I am cleaning up my credit. I called ERC since they have an AT&T bill, supposedly. I asked the woman could she send out a bill for my records and that I would start reconciling this. She had the nerve to tell me if I sent a check to CALL them FIRST... Why would I or anyone call prior to sending a payment? Perhaps because they are factious! Glad I read these reviews, I will NOT be sending any payment their way. I'll call AT&T and send it to them directly instead.

Original review: July 15, 2015

First we have never had Comcast ever and now this company has put in our credit. We owe $300.00 to them. They are not able to find the original billing and do not know why it got reported to them and how did the reporting. Plus we did have a balance owed on an AT&T bill for $42.. and we paid after finding it on our credit but this company never removed it at all! So we contacted them and promised they would take care of it and they did not do it. So how can we fix all of this? We feel like we are being bullied by Comcast and AT&T.... Need help anyone.

Original review: July 14, 2015

I'm not sure why my cell phone is being harassed by this ERC. They give you a 1800-501-7454 number, but they call you from a local number. This is a major ploy considering that this state has a do not call registry years ago. It's been 8 years since I moved to my new place. I'm not even going to respond to the BS and bullying on phone. Who knows what BS they brought. My debits have been paid in full. They won't take it off my credit reports. If it's Verizon debit it was paid off. I have a Verizon account now. I haven't had a credit card since 16 to 18 yrs old from 1980 to 84. I don't believe in credit card because my ex husband left me with all the bills.

So I won't start one up. I've been injured for 5 1/2 yrs. No income or have worked. They come out of the wood work what when they think they can take my disability income away... or what. I have paper proof all was paid in full. Why would they take something as collection when there isn't anything due. I don't get it. Go away... Go after the state of WA for leaving me in a physical state I can't work or the use of my arms for almost 6 years. Doctors say it looks like I jumped in a pool with no water. You guys want the wheelchair you can have it.

Original review: July 12, 2015

I had a balance from AT&T and received a settlement letter. I paid the balance due to settle and now Enhanced Recovery has no documentation of the payment 3 years later and will not remove the balance from my credit report.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Enhanced Recovery collection is reporting on my credit reports a bill, that has been on my credit reports on and off for over 20 YEARS. The account # first appeared on my credit report in November 1993 with Credit Bureau of Col. It was then sold to Park Dansan and re-reported with account # in June of 2000. It was then sold to CBC's and re-reported with account # in May 2001. It was then sold to NCO FIN/99 and re-reported with account # in Jan 2005. It was then sold to Afni Inc. and re-reported with account # in Jan 2011. It was then sold to I.C. Systems Inc. and re-reported with account # in July 2011.

It has now been sold to Enhanced Recovery Collections with the account # in Nov 2013 and updated by Enhanced Recovery Collections in March 2015. The Fair Credit Reporting Act is being violated by Enhanced Recovery Collection, 8014 Bayberry Rd. Jacksonville, Florida 32256. This is blatant non-compliance of the law and is wrong and unfair. I have all my credit reports beginning in 1992 as proof.

Original review: July 1, 2015

I have paid the debt. It is still being reported as open. I have called many times. We are way past the 45 days Mark so fix it.

Original review: June 25, 2015

I owed $152. I called & paid 1/2 2 weeks ago to keep off credit. I was told as long as I paid other half by July 15, 2015 the debt would stay off of my credit. Today it was reported to credit bureaus. I called them & asked them to pull recordings. They said there may be an error getting the recording. And that even if I pay the $50 they will keep on my credit. Even though I was promised it would never go on which again was recorded by the agent. Do not trust this agency.

Original review: June 17, 2015

They call my place of work every day at the same time. I have dealt with debt collectors before and for one, it's always a real person calling. And it sounds really dumb to call with an automatic message and have a person that owes a debt have to "work" by calling a different number with a reference number to deal with your debt. No, a real debt collect is going to call you with a real person behind it and deal with you as soon as you answer the phone. People that owe debt aren't typically the kind of people that are going to jump through hoops and bounds to pay off a debt collector. Common sense is that this is a scam.

Original review: June 8, 2015

They have reported $35 for AT&T payment though I have paid them 3 times before, now I am not. I asked them to take it off from credit but after 6 months it is still shows on my record... Be aware about this kind of companies and maybe need attorney to handle the situation now.

Original review: June 7, 2015

I just checked my credit score and ENHANCED RECOVERY pops up with $45 for AT&T. I owe nothing to AT&T and when I wanted to dispute they don't give you complete detail such as a number that you need for dispute. Can somebody please tell me how can I get them off my credit report? Thank you for the help in advance.

Original review: May 29, 2015

They bought a debt that has been taken off my credit report over 7 years added 1$ to the amount and put it on as new.... lowered my score and the thing is I never owed this before...

Original review: May 14, 2015

I have already contacted my state attorney general about this and feels like I would prevail in a lawsuit against them for negligence. They insist I owe them $103 for an AT&T bill from 2009. I spoke with AT&T collections three times and each time they confirm, after searching all of their records including archives, that all my accounts were paid in full on time and I do not owe them anything. AT&T contacted them and told them to stop but they continue to push and try to collect this debt, somehow verifying it with the credit bureau every time I dispute it (over 7 times).

Also, they have never, ever, ever sent me a letter stating I owe them money nor have they provided any original bill or statement from AT&T with my name and account number on it and a balance. This clearly not legal and to make it worse ERC is owned by a private offshore corporation. Bogus!

ENHANCED RECOVERY COMPANY
P.O. Box 57547
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32241

(904) 680-2591.

Original review: May 8, 2015

I tried to get them to validate a debt and after 45 days they have refused to do so. They claim that by law they cannot mail anything, which is **. By law they are required to validate a debt or remove it from your credit report.

Original review: May 1, 2015

Worst company ever, I paid a settlement in full for no reason because it was a mistake from Sprint cellphone company and it's being 2 months and still showing in my credit report as negative. Next time I will get a lawyer. You guys don't care for your customer.

Original review: April 23, 2015

I received a collection letter from Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC regarding my Verizon Wireless account and a balanced owed for $72.29. I contacted Verizon and inquired as to the debt and as to this company. First, my account had no debt and second... Verizon does not hire outside collection companies according to the recovery department with Verizon. The collection said accounts and reporting to credit agencies on a debt not owed is serious and the statutory penalties can be substantial. I would advise anyone to contact an attorney about this company and its collection activities.

Original review: April 23, 2015

So far, my only contact with this company has gone this way: I received a missed call on my new cell. When I did a Google search of the number **, the responses were that this is a cell phone belonging to someone in either Portland, Oregon or somewhere in India. So I called the number. The recording said I had called ERC Collections. Now, I am not great at geography, but I do know that Oregon, Florida and India are nowhere close to each other. This thing stinks to high heaven. My gut says this is NOT legit and I ain't buying what they are selling.

I understand that collection agencies are buying up old debts (like more than 6-7 years old - the kind that have been written off). But when contact is made by the debtor, the clock restarts at day one. So a debt that had been charged off, is re-activated like new and the harassment continues. I have no business with whoever these low life's are and my advice is if you must have dealings with ERC, to have a good attorney do the talking. Don't try dealing with the mess this can become by yourself! Contact your states attorney general and insist they investigate these people. Do anything to fight back but don't rely on these scumbags to do anything they promise. Good luck and God bless.

Enhanced Recovery Company Company Information