1.2/5 (72 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Alliance One Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance One?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance One?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

After passing the GW bridge I got sent to this company to collect a debt. Christian N. is a big huge fraud and he took my money off of my credit card and the debt is still there with NY toll by mail system. He sent me to an illegal foreign man after I told him who I was and said he can’t talk to me .. Really? Over $50 bucks that you never settled with me; instead just ran with it .. The new rep he sent me to tried to get $65 more dollars from me .. It’s baffles me because they are getting huge contract with NYs and still greedy enough to commit fraud .. Baffling.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have life insurance with Brighthouse through MetLife. My policy is constantly lapsing as a result of their incompetence. How does a policy lapse with EFT payments???? There's way more but no room here.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

After paying off the Debt, 6 years later, Alliance One attempts to rip me off for 1.000.00. Someone in that company is making bank off the Disabled s.s.i. folks. I got my receipt and a read out clearly indicates payment in full, yet this non accredited collection agency tries to bully me! OUTRAGEOUSNESS!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

These idiots work for Hartford Life that was bought out by Prudential and merged?? or bought by Talcott Resolution Life -- all have BAD ratings in Moodys, BBB, AM Best and I'm sure more. Their call center peeps know NOTHING and we get different story every time we call. IF they don't get their act together SOON, we will file report with Dept of Insurance in OUR state AND in THEIR state!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Alliance One has put me in default 3 times now in the last year due to computer error on their part which cost me my license each time having to pay reinstatement fees of $75 each time and then deny they're at fault when they should be responsible for the reinstatement fees I had to pay. I have a plethora of more horrific situations to tell about Alliance One along with the fact that they are very unprofessional and disrespectful. Horrible customer service.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I reached out to NTTA on 3/9/2019 to see what is owed for the toll tags fees since I have to pay them in order for me to get my registration completed for the year. I was first told that I owed 1000 and that I would need to pay 20% of that amount in order to proceed. I agreed agent put me on hold then came back on the line and said no. I see a total of 1500 due and that I would need to pay 50% in order to proceed. I declined and asked to speak to a manager and to speak with someone in the payment plan department. I then go on to wait on the phone for an additional 45mins before I was transferred to the department in question. The lady answered the phone and begin to go over my account so I proceeded to ask what am I being charged for because I did not believe that I have used 1500 in tolls. In which I have not and she disclosed that I have $500 in tolls and that I have $1000 in administration fees.

So I was appalled that I offered to pay the entire $500 in toll fees since that is what I used I understand but to charge double in fees is beyond ridiculous and I do not feel it is right to charge a customer so much. My fees would not be that much if they were applying my payments to the actually toll tag fees that I accumulate. I feel like this company is robbing us and this should be look at more carefully as to how they charge customers. I did request to speak to a manager and the lady advised no one was available and that she would take my name and number and have someone call me back. I have still not received a call from the company.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Alliance one has called my business telephone and THEY HUNG UP immediately on the following dates: 3/11/2019, 3/08/2019, 3/01/2019, 2/8/2019, 2/4/2019, 2/1/2019, 1/30/2019, 1/23/2019. Just dead air then disconnect. Once I heard hello then a disconnect. I called them to complain and as expected they were trying to reach someone else. I've had this number since 2005 so the number they were provided was bogus. It happens. But why call me EIGHT times and hang up. And then I have to call them. This is POOR practice. Should NOT be allowed!!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Their customer service is HORRENDOUS. The lady gave me such attitude over the phone and I was talking to her so nicely just to explain to me what the cause was and etc. But she acted as if she didn't want to help me at all. She kept saying, "well I don't know what to tell you" or "it is what it is" with GREAT attitude. Debt collectors have the worst attitude and I don't wish upon anyone to ever have to contact them for help or explanation. I absolutely hate this company and that they are pure garbage with who they hire.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I just paid about 200.00 in late fees from NTTA. Customer service rep on the phone did not care and acted as if she had better things to do. The website is not user friendly as you might think. We do not have an account with NTTA of any type. We received statements with no information on how to log on (unless you have an account). The statement does not show any way to log in and pay from the statement we received. The rep on the phone was asking us to look for information that was NOT on the statements. We were told we received a PIN number (in the mail) to set up that account but we did not get that in the mail; why send it in the mail when all the other correspondence comes in an email? NOT very user friendly, not good with customer service. Seems designed to make it hard to pay if I don’t have a toll tag so that someone can collect and fees that result in overdue payments.

In the end the rep told us to go to www.ntta.org to check our account. HOWEVER the only info we have received from NTTA only list https://ntta.espview.com as an option to check our account and pay from (we did not have any way to view the account from the links given). IF I HAD THE .ORG WEBSITE IN THE BEGINNING I COULD HAVE AVOIDED SOME OF THE LATE FEE’S. Very disappointing. It takes a little longer in some cases but as early as yesterday we decided not to take the toll and will avoid if possible. This has the feeling of being scammed. I did make a recording of the phone call after 2 or 3 minutes when I realized how we were being treated. Don't know if I will post it to YouTube or not.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am filing this report of mail fraud against Alliance One. I called Target, and they told me I do not owe any money. And that there is no record of my Target account ever going to a debt collector. Furthermore, this letter is dated November 1, but did not arrive at my mailbox until November 10, so I am certain the date is also a lie. Also, you can see from the enclosed 3 pages from my Equifax credit report that I have never even been late 30 days since January 2016 on my Target account. (Actually there isn’t a speck of red on my entire credit report.)

Finally, you need only go to https://www.consumeraffairs.com/debt/alliance_one.html to see that dozens of verified reviewers also report that they are an out-and-out scam. Please put these criminals behind bars ASAP! cc: Target Card Services, Mail Stop NCB-0461, P.O. Box 674, Minneapolis, MN 55440, Target Card Services, P.O. Box 660170, Dallas, TX 75226-0170, Postmaster, Masontown Post Office, Masontown, WV 26542.

Alliance One Company Information