1.1/5 (76 reviews)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Alliance One Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance One?
Original review: March 22, 2023

Alliance One has been intercepting my State Tax Refund for the past 2 years when the courts have closed the Traffic tickets case. When calling the franchise Tax Board they let me know that they receive a fax from the courts June of 2021! And they should not have taken my taxes, I called Alliance one and let them know what's was said and she proceeded to tell me that I still have an outstanding balance and that I needed to prove the case was closed in order to get my money back. I asked well if the courts sent the FTB a faxed letter I know they should have received it, and I could have them fax the letter to them. The Rep tells me No I would need to go get something from the courts! She still fell to understand this is from the courts and proceeded to be rude and tell me She's trying to help me! Really how? I'll wait? They have taken well over $1100 from me. They are thieves.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

They keep telling me they paid us when they have not, I asked them to prove it and I have gotten an answer back after 2 months of writing them. I would never use them again and everyone should read their reviews before buying travel insurance from them. (I should have and I didn't, shame on me.)

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Alliance One sent a collections notice for $520.86. When I went to re-register my vehicle I discovered there wa a registration hold. I contacted AllianceOne and was told that they had actually received the stated amount from the toll companies that manages in my state. Weli, I needed to get my vehicle registered, so I paid them. I didn't feel something was right. I contact the toll company. They confirmed they had placed the hold. But, the total owed was Approx. $44.00. I paid it. They lifted to Hold and I was able to register my vehicle. They also advised there is no other charges pending on my vehilce. My advice. If you receive any collections notice from AllianceOne do some digging to confirm if it's legit. I submitted a fraud to my credit union and the palce a stop payment to AllianceOne. Fight back. DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I called their customer service after I received an earnings withholding order for court-ordered debt for my company's previous employee. I called to ask for instructions and the guy who answered was very rude. I told him what I received and I wanted to know why we're receiving this as the employee in question only worked for us briefly over a year ago, and wanted to ask how I should proceed. This guy on the phone from Alliance One just straight up hang up on me before I even finished explaining my situation.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

After passing the GW bridge I got sent to this company to collect a debt. Christian N. is a big huge fraud and he took my money off of my credit card and the debt is still there with NY toll by mail system. He sent me to an illegal foreign man after I told him who I was and said he can’t talk to me .. Really? Over $50 bucks that you never settled with me; instead just ran with it .. The new rep he sent me to tried to get $65 more dollars from me .. It’s baffles me because they are getting huge contract with NYs and still greedy enough to commit fraud .. Baffling.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have life insurance with Brighthouse through MetLife. My policy is constantly lapsing as a result of their incompetence. How does a policy lapse with EFT payments???? There's way more but no room here.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

After paying off the Debt, 6 years later, Alliance One attempts to rip me off for 1.000.00. Someone in that company is making bank off the Disabled s.s.i. folks. I got my receipt and a read out clearly indicates payment in full, yet this non accredited collection agency tries to bully me! OUTRAGEOUSNESS!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

These idiots work for Hartford Life that was bought out by Prudential and merged?? or bought by Talcott Resolution Life -- all have BAD ratings in Moodys, BBB, AM Best and I'm sure more. Their call center peeps know NOTHING and we get different story every time we call. IF they don't get their act together SOON, we will file report with Dept of Insurance in OUR state AND in THEIR state!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Alliance One has put me in default 3 times now in the last year due to computer error on their part which cost me my license each time having to pay reinstatement fees of $75 each time and then deny they're at fault when they should be responsible for the reinstatement fees I had to pay. I have a plethora of more horrific situations to tell about Alliance One along with the fact that they are very unprofessional and disrespectful. Horrible customer service.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I reached out to NTTA on 3/9/2019 to see what is owed for the toll tags fees since I have to pay them in order for me to get my registration completed for the year. I was first told that I owed 1000 and that I would need to pay 20% of that amount in order to proceed. I agreed agent put me on hold then came back on the line and said no. I see a total of 1500 due and that I would need to pay 50% in order to proceed. I declined and asked to speak to a manager and to speak with someone in the payment plan department. I then go on to wait on the phone for an additional 45mins before I was transferred to the department in question. The lady answered the phone and begin to go over my account so I proceeded to ask what am I being charged for because I did not believe that I have used 1500 in tolls. In which I have not and she disclosed that I have $500 in tolls and that I have $1000 in administration fees.

So I was appalled that I offered to pay the entire $500 in toll fees since that is what I used I understand but to charge double in fees is beyond ridiculous and I do not feel it is right to charge a customer so much. My fees would not be that much if they were applying my payments to the actually toll tag fees that I accumulate. I feel like this company is robbing us and this should be look at more carefully as to how they charge customers. I did request to speak to a manager and the lady advised no one was available and that she would take my name and number and have someone call me back. I have still not received a call from the company.

Alliance One Company Information