Afni

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This crap company is in Illinois. Check out ** to see just how bad they are. The 1st and only time I answered one of their calls they informed me I owed AT&T yada, yada, "pay half and we'll close the account." I told them to get lost. Not willing to waste my time giving these predators any info. I subsequently received 4-5 calls a day from them, until I blocked them with my very viable AT&T account. Even after being blocked, they continued to call 1-2 times a day for weeks. I partially blame AT&T for even dealing with a 3rd party scam agency like AFNI, who seems to feel people are stupid enough to pay them when they have active accounts with AT&T. Really? Been with AT&T many years, if you owe them money, THEY let you know, pay them or they shut you down, end of story. Your account goes away.

I think this ** third party collection agency jumps on accounts that have changed creating a very temporarily outstanding balance during the transition, and they count on the fact that some people actually believe if they don't pay these creeps, their credit score will be destroyed. They need to be shut down by the state of Illinois and wherever else they are. They're a parasitic scourge.

This company has been contracted to collect a bill from me and is giving me problems making an payment. When I try to make a payment they are rude and attempting to force me to make a payment that I am not comfortable with and asking inappropriate questions about my personal life. This is the most difficult company that I have ever dealt with. I have never found it so hard to pay a bill.

AFNI shows on my credit that I owe $460 to AT&T mobile. I have had no account with AT&T since 2002. I only had the account one month and stopped paying because I had no service where I lived. They told me I should have told them within 2 weeks and that I would have to pay early termination fees. I handed them the phone and said that was BS and walked away. 14 years later they are still wanting this?!? Credit Karma states AFNI opened this debt collection just a couple years ago. How is this possible?

I'm not even sure how AT&T can have my account in Collections with 1 agency, and then with proof of AT&T U-verse error, it was removed from my credit, just to find out a few months later AFNI placed the same account on my credit reports by changing the date. The debt was originally from 2014, so they changed the date to April 2016 and there you go. A whole to debt that I do not owe and was legally removed already. Next step is Attorney.

I received a letter from this company for a debt from Sprint which was already resolved from a previous debt collector and somehow reappeared on my credit report. Somehow they have circumvented the FCRA by selling to other debt collectors but I sent them a letter seeking validation of the debt and asked if they are licensed to collect debt in my state. Hmm find out they are not and mysteriously it was deleted from my credit report. Folks if you get a letter don't panic. Just send them a letter asking for validation and proof they are licensed to collect debt in the state you live in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFNI?

I received a letter from this company stating that I owe 1,044.47 to AT&T MOBILITY. I have never even had an account with AT&T and the name that is on the letter has the wrong middle initial. Hmmm, seems kind of suspicious to me. I also know it's a scam and not identity theft because it is not on my credit report.

This people (and I use that term loosely) will NOT stop calling me even though I have told them repeatedly that they have the wrong number. I am so tired of bill collectors harassment. I have gone through this with multiple companies calling me over and over, and over some more after being told they have the wrong number. Every time, I get an apology and they say they will remove my number from their system, and yet the calls continue. If I block their number, they just start calling from another number. Then when I get nasty with them, they threaten me with that they are recording the call. Record away - I didn't call you, you called me, after I have asked you NOT too, repeatedly. The deadbeats they are trying to reach have more rights in this than I do. What do I have to do to make this stop?

I got a letter yesterday stating I owed $220.67 to Dish Network, but that Afni would drop it down to $110.34 if I paid it by 5/27/2016. I have already had this debt in collections with a different company! So why is Afni trying to get me to pay it again? I have enough stress in my life I don't need any more!! And I don't get how people can actually work at a place like this and not feel bad about what they do!!! I WILL NOT pay this again!! I hope one of their customer service representatives reads this and wonders why people hate them or are rude to them!! If you're an ** to people, they're gonna be an ** right back!!!

I received a settlement bill from AFNI for $104.84 for an AT&T U-Verse account that was $262.00. The letter from Afni stated that my balance of $262 owed to AT&T will be settled and paid in full if I paid the $104.84 with them. I paid the $104.84 and AT&T still shows a balance of $157 which is the difference from the $104.84 payment. This was a scam and a deceitful tactic from Afni. I will publicize this company's deception to customers. This is not a true collection agency, they lie to people to get minimal payments making them believe that their accounts were settled when they weren't. Afni Collection Agency is a fraudulent company!!!

I am a 24 year old, newly graduated college student and I only have my internet through AT&T, and I have received many calls and notices in the mail stating that I owe a balance to AT&T, and that a collection company by the name of Afni is attempting to collect this bill. I called the numbers on the bill and also have gone to their website, and have sent many messages requesting for someone to call me in regards to this matter. I finally spoke with someone and the lady only wanted to get the payment. She did not care to elaborate on how or why I have a past due balance, why I have not received any notices from AT&T themselves. I decided to speak with AT&T thinking it was on their side and they told me that they do not have any outstanding balances, and that I should look into Afni scam(s). I did, which led me here.

Afni has gone so far as to post this outstanding debt on my credit score causing my score to go down significantly. This is not okay. I am having trouble finding an apartment because of my score being 790 to 570 with one bad debt entry. Any idea on how to get this removed from my credit score and how to stop this fraud company from screwing with my social security number and credit score? I have sent them letters and have no response. HELP!!!

I received a letter last week telling me that we owed CenturyLink 138 dollars but they were willing to settle for $83.81 cents. When I asked details about the bill, they told me it was from 2014. I stupidly agreed to pay. I just checked my account and saw that they charged me for the full amount. My guess is this is a scam. If they call you, do not pay anything. They are dishonest. I should have done my research before I agreed to anything. Someone needs to stop them.

I received a letter from Afni stating I owed DirecTV for an early termination fee. All the same conversation occurred about why I owe an early termination fee associated with moving before "my 2 year contract was finished." Why would a DirecTV feel like they have to "rope" you into a contract? I tried unsuccessfully to understand and work with Michael from Afni who demanded I just get my checkbook and give him information to pay my bill. I disagree with DirecTV and the bully behavior of AFNI. They leave no options to understand and force you to pay and threaten if you don't your credit will be noted.

They sent my daughter a letter saying she owed $100k from an accident over one year ago. Said they were representing Progressive in a subrogation claim. Except that Progressive says they aren't! They are unprofessional and try to be threatening. EPIC FAIL. In one week they dropped the amount from $100k to $75k. Asking for credit card etc. ARE THEY ON DRUGS?

I got a letter from Afni to pay $356.18 in 30 days. I call them to find out, waiting time was 11 min 36 sec. Her name is Carly and she started to talk to me to pay what I owed and ask me how I want to pay credit card or check. Finally I got chanced to talk to her how and what I owed to Dish Network. So I told her I need to check my bill and I will call her back. I call them after 5 pm EST, no one answered and I have waited 15 min (seriously!) and I have given up. How is their very poor service.

Received a bill stating I owed U.S. Cellular $187 from 3 years ago. I made sure that I didn't owe them anything when I took the phone back and cleared my account. There is nothing on my credit report about a U.S. Cellular bill either. After calling twice they still refuse to tell me anything besides that I owe that amount. They can't even tell me the date of the account or why it's apparently taken 3 years to bill me for a non existent account. Really believe it's a scam. I Refuse To Pay A Bill I DON'T owe.

Called in about the notice I got from this company. Lady introduced herself by the name of Dianna, all she cared about was to tell me how much I owed the company, that "this what shows and give me your credit card or debit card and will collect the balance." Told her I am not paying because I disagree with the amount. She could not stop talking, would not listen to my end - how and why I disagree. She kept on cutting me off and was very disrespectful, very temperamental and after stating what she had to see quick to cut me off. Their customer reps are very poor in communication, they need more training!! WATCH OUT FOR THEM!!

Everything I have read on here which is for the most part very accurate is missing one key in the Afni and other huge companies cog that do this thing. If all this isn't true and bad enough, this company outsources a ton of jobs to the Philippines. Now that might be a big deal or a small deal but here's the real big problem. I tried to get a job at my local Afni in Tucson, AZ and they actually outsource the verification and background checks on potential employees. Think about that. I had people calling from the Philippines harassing former employers and my high school I attended ten years ago trying to verify all my personal information. Why outsource this to another country? On top of that, I know for a fact Afni sells its clients, customers, and employees information outright to other companies. Trust me the rabbit hole is much deeper than meets the eye and they aren't the only ones doing it. Our personal information is out there people.

I just checked my credit report and AFNI is on there messing up my score. I am contacting my Attorney, I need this off my report. This is ridiculous.

I have received a couple of calls from Afni saying that I owe $923 to State Farm Insurance. Apparently my dog got hit across the street. First of all I didn't own no dogs at the time. The address they give me was a previous address. I tried many times to explain and they were really rude. I thought it was a scam but now I received a letter from them saying that if I don't pay it can result in the suspension of driving or registration privileges. I don't know what to do, but they're not getting any money from me.

I am not familiar with how things work in the debt collection world and how it affects your credit still after paying the debt. A guy named Brandon treated me horribly because I had questions. When I ask to explain something for me and all you say is, "It's exactly how it sounds," obviously you're trying to an **. After getting hung up on the first time this is what I dealt with. I asked for a letter saying I paid my debt. He gave me the wrong directions and proceeds to be an ** when all I was trying to do is get some questions answered. Telling me, "Oh, this must be your first time dealing with our company." His customer service sucks and he deserves to be fired.

We, too, have been getting notices from Afni saying we owe AT&T $95.44. They will not tell us what the bill was for, when it was for, and where it was for - though we sent a certified letter telling them that if they contacted us again, they would have to show us in full the itemized bill. A few years ago, we had an AT&T landline when we lived in Florida. The bills were all paid, by automatic payment through our checking account. I did not keep the phone bills - are we really supposed to keep phone bills that are between three and fifteen years old? Now AT&T claims not to have any records of our account in their system, but I know all bills were paid in full. AT&T is absolutely NO help in this. No wonder scammers are so quick to use them!

Now Afni wants all our personal information, Social Security number, driver's license, etc, etc! They are telling me that a report must be filed claiming identity theft. But it's outrageous to be told to give out personal information in this way, and still without any idea of what the supposed "bill" actually is!!! I'm at my wits' end. I am not going to send any personal information out! Any advice you can give will be much appreciated. This company should be shut down.

Received a collection notice from Dish Network from three years ago. I paid the bill and have an email from Dish. But I can't find the tracking info for the return of the modem that my realtor sent. This is a scam. Has anyone figured out the proper way to file a complaint against them? This is ridiculous!

Can anyone help? Afni has sent a bill for 208.00 for an AT&T account never had and have put this on my credit score as outstanding debt. I have read many account of this happening with a lot of people. If there is a class action case going on someone please send me the info. It is time to stop this kind of thing from happening to us.

They are listed on my credit report through Karma Credit and I have no idea what bill they're trying to stick me with because I can't get any information from these people who are destroying my credit rating! Guess I should be filing for the class action suit that has been filed against the AFNI collectors.

About 2 weeks ago I received a letter for the first time from a company named Afni. I opened it and read it and it stated that they are a collection company and I owe money for an old cell phone bill. I called them and explained to them that I do not owe any money for the cell phone bill that they are trying to collect on. That bill was paid many years ago more than 10 to be exact and I have since gotten a new cell phone with a new company. They are mistaken and I do not owe. I also asked her why if I owed this money for so long, why are they now just sending me a letter? She asked me why I was just calling them now. I told her because I never received a letter before this day. She told me that they have been sending letters all along. I told her that they have not been sending letters and this one was the first I've seen.

She proceeded to explain to me that they are to collect this debt and I proceeded to explain to her I do not owe a bill. It was satisfied more than 10 years ago when I switched over to my new company. The conversation escalated to an argument with me telling her I was not paying it again and that I paid it and she wanted to know what date it was paid on. It was more than 10 years ago. I do not remember the date. I no longer have receipts for bills 10 years or older. I again told her I was not paying for something I had already paid for and that was the end of it. She insisted that I pay for it and I could pay the bill over the phone. I strongly told her again. I am not paying for something I already paid for and I hung up.

Just this past Tuesday June 16, 2015 I received yet another letter stating they are trying to collect a debt and listed a bunch of phone numbers to call and below their Sincerely, Afni, Inc is a sentence that states this.. "The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt. Because of the age of your debt, we will not sue you for it." That didn't even sound legitimate. The entire letter does not even look professional. They also attached a copy of a bill. Not a LATE bill, just a copy of what appears to be a scanned copy from one of my old phone bills.

Again nothing on the bill stating it's late. This copy of this bill they sent is from October 2004. This company is a SCAM. I am not paying for something I already paid for over 10 years ago. Why am I just now getting these letters?? I look at my credit report all the time and nothing has ever been posted that I have collections with this company for this bill. Because it was paid for over 10 years ago!!! Scam. Scam. Scam!!!!!!!!!!

I received two letters from AFNI over the course of two months stating I have a delinquent AT&T account from several years ago. When I asked them to provide me with the AT&T account number they show in my name, they provide me with a different account number than the one I had. I kept and still have my final bill from AT&T showing a ZERO balance so I know nothing was ever turned over to a debt collection company!

First let me start by saying this company needs to be put out of business. If a class action suit is ever filed against this company I will be more than happy to give any attorney my information. I had an account with US Cellular which was filed in and discharge in bankruptcy in 2012. This company placed this account on my credit in 2013 after they had already been advised by me of the bankruptcy. I disputed this account with the credit agencies and they still did not remove it.

Here we are now in 2015 after several phone calls to them the customer service rep told me they submitted a request to remove the account from my report which was a bold face lie. I have filed a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau to which they have until 5/21 to respond. When you enter this company's name in Google search nothing but negative reviews and complaint come up. Why are they still in business?

I got a letter from Afni. Inc. about a debt with AT&T Mobility. I contacted Afni, to inform that I do not owe any money to AT&T Mobility, I disputed this collection in writing and on the phone with Afni. I requested Afni to provide me with documentation validating this debt. They did not provide anything proving that I owe this debt. Knowing the fact that I am in dispute with them, they illegally reported this collection to my credit reports, violating the FCRA. Afni's business methods are not honest and by law. I will take them to court if I don't get this resolved. Anybody out there having issues with Afni, INC. PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY. WE CAN MAKE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THESE ILLEGAL BUSINESS DOINGS.

My bill was paid in full to DirecTV. Afni Inc mailed letters to a different address to resident with similar name, and made a collection entry to my credit bureaus. After several phone calls and confirmations from DirecTV that the account is paid in full - they refused to delete their false collection entry.

I received 2 different letters today from Afni. Both letters stated I owe a bill for Verizon of 165.00 and the other bill from Verizon for 86.00. Somehow they had changed the dates of when the Verizon account was really opened, so I checked my accounts with Transunion and Equifax. I saw it in Equifax it wasn't in there a month ago. Anyways, they stating that Verizon was open in 2012. I opened up an account with Verizon in 2001, 2002. These bill is really old. Somehow they had changed the actual date of when this account was opened. These people is frauds and scam artist. The last time I heard from Verizon was 2005, 2006. Now, here it is 3-23-2015, out of the blue I'm receiving a letter from Afni and now on my credit report with this really old bill.

Afni Company Profile