Afni

Afni
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Afni Reviews

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

My car was involved in an accident with someone else driving without it being insured. Afni is now coming after me for the money threatening suspension of my license. Does anybody know if this is a credible threat. Has afni gotten anyone’s license suspended??

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Comcast is involved with this company to collect money from people who do not owe any money in Florida. I saw my credit report was dropped from Excellent to Good. I researched this. My Experian credit reports: AFNI claimed I owed over $200.00 to Comcast. I do not, nor ever had a past due balance with Comcast. Experian put their claim on my Credit Report. I am an elderly women who does not know how to fight Comcast nor AFNI. I can not afford a lawyer to fight this. So, as it sits right now, my Credit is ruined. Scammers are poor souls looking to make money off people. I am going to try to get legal aid for poor elderly people to help me. And, this company (AFNI) NEVER sent me any paperwork. How are they able to ruin your credit for an amount you do not owe. Better Business Bureau should stop them!

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have received calls from Afni trying to collect a debt for an account I have never had. I have most recently received a collection letter from them where they state I owe over $900 to DirecTV, however as previously stated I have never had DirecTV. I called the number provided during their business hours to inquire about this letter and waited for them to pick up for over 20 minutes to no avail. If you're trying to get money, wouldn't you answer the phone? That's besides the point. I called DirecTV collections department to see if they have any record of me having an account with them and they found nothing. The rep that I spoke to at DirecTV stated that they do not work with Afni to collect debts. I have also searched through my credit reports (old and new) and do not any record of having an account with them, let alone a collection. As of now it has not affected my credit, but I will certainly be on high alert.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I checked my credit report the other day and discovered these people on here. They're trying to collect $1142 for ATT Mobility. I have never had an account with them in my name. My husband had an account with them years and years and years ago, with a $0 balance. We have called ATT and they can't find anything. AFNI refuses to remove the debt or provide proof that the debt is ours, which I would like to see, just to help me figure out what is going on. So we will be hiring a lawyer to sue AFNI for the dent on my credit, time away from work and emotional distress. This is just horribly ridiculous.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I’m a licensed private Investigator and have been assisting my son with this company. My son was in MVA and is taking accountability for his actions. Let it be known, I have recorded every call with company!! I have spoken to several individuals and each has their own scenario has this matter should be dealt with; regardless what had been discussed with the prior representative. I had to repeatedly ask for documentation of a $5k invoice they are trying to collect one. They never sent any letters (4/2019), and if it was sent, we never received it. Finally I was able to get someone to send the original letter. Then a copy of an estimate of damages would be mailed (5/7/2019). It has always been my experience if you are collecting on a debt you need to provide documentation especially in a subrogation matter of why the debt is valid.

Finally, I inquired about a settlement which they stated it could only 30% off of the original debt 5/6/19. It had never been discussed of a due date etc. with Andrea. Just this was an option and we would try to make an effort. During this time; I received three letters from Missouri in regards to different clients but all had cases with AFNI and were members of AAA.

I notified the company of AAA and of AFNI, To advise them they were sending out information with client's phone numbers, address member ID, file number, payment information etc. to me. All of this was included with the Estimate for repairs I had requested (received 5/13/2019). After he did not care and concerned. However, AAA IS!! We have now been given a due date of the 30th of May to pay and they have told us they have mailed a letter to the DMV to have my sons’s license suspended. That was false information and a threat! Beware and knowledgeable about FTC laws and regulations! https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/debt-collection-faqs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFNI?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This company is horrible. Not only do they participate in number spoofing harassment, there are no voicemails left when they do call. This company will call at least 5-8 times a day and the typical message left is of a busy tone or most recently a dial tone as their robodialer cancels the connection. Not only are they extremely shady, but when you call the company back they pick up instantaneously - no ring, no phone directory tree, no disclosure who the business is and their agents are toxic.

I called the agency back three times and they only disclosed once I was on a recorded inbound line and they won't talk to you without a "YES" or "no" reply. I refused to provide them with that verbatim, which I have read is recorded and used as a form of consent with collection companies to perform their harassing calls. Every time I refused to say "yes" but 'how can I help you' they kept forcing the no or yes command - sketchy as hell. I looked into my credit report and they're not even on a list of collectors so who are they and why are they harassing me? Also they never have sent a single paper collection form to my address or old addresses leaving me to believe they're trying to scam.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

This is a collection agency and should have their ducks in a row before calling anyone and trying to get money from them, otherwise it is extortion. I find that when they do make a mistake, they do nothing to correct the matter and "Oh Well" attitude. People who are responsible and have a very good record and never been in collections, should never be place in a compromising position to have to protect themselves from false, erroneous information or lies. This company needs to train their employees better and have more control of what they put out in their phone calls. Pure harassment and a sharp business practice. They should be investigated for their actions. DO NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTION OR GIVE OUT ANY INFORMATION IF CONTACTED BY THIS COMPANY, IT IS A SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I get it, everybody hates debt collectors. The majority of the negative reviews on this site are probably from angry people who messed up their lives and don't want to deal with the consequences. I received an email from AFNI about an outstanding debt I owed to Cox Communications. I emailed them asking for more information, they responded that they will look into my file and get back to me. A week later I received an invoice in the mail with plenty of information to let me know this was a legitimate debt. I paid it in full the next week and have had no issue with AFNI since. If you're a deadbeat who doesn't pay your bills then you will probably not have a great time with companies like AFNI, but there is legitimately nothing wrong with them.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I am going to sue this company for emotional and fraudulent damages. They call three times a week with different phone numbers and will harass you until you give them all the info they need. I learned my lesson, I fell for it once but when they said that I DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE AT THE TIME OF ACCIDENT I knew this was a scam. My insurance paid it off and now I have AFNI harassing me every day. Tips to avoid them harassing you: RECORD YOUR PHONE CALL (I had them asking for my information, address, insurance policy). Do not give them NOTHING of information that they can use against you. Request that you take them off the call list and request everything by MAIL. Send a dispute letter and they are not allowed to ask for money throughout mail or else it will be considered FRAUD. Hire a LAWYER!!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have to honestly say dealing with this company is and has been a continued horrible experience. I did everything they asked of me and yet I'm waiting on paperwork that needs to be scanned in which I sent two weeks ago. The staff have very nasty attitudes especially their reps. No matter how calm I am they get disrespectful. I'm highly frustrated that there are no supervisors that someone can talk to. It seems they do all of this on purpose in which I'm referring to the fact I'm sent to a voicemail whenever I ask to speak to a supervisor.

This company takes my money on time. Why is it I can't get my copy back on time in not in a months time. The call center representatives are very rude and If the company is all connected why can't someone give me a copy of the completed payment plan but instead I have to wait weeks for a mailed letter. But they take my payments right away. I feel like no one cares in regards to people's feelings at this company. I don't understand how I do as I'm suppose to but have to wait weeks for a simple response. I feel if I was to come in person it would be treated the same way.

Afni Company Information