Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
Afni
1.29/5

Afni

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Afni Reviews

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Sprint sold debt to AFNI credit report is showing. I have never been contacted by Sprint or AFNI via mail or telephone. I wasn't even living at a known address to anyone nor did I have a known number to anyone but immediate family as I was in a mental health treatment facility the last couple years. Furthermore, the account shows it was opened in March, but the date constantly changes each month to try and keep it further away from the Statute of Limitations. I have requested debt validation. I haven't even been able to look at my credit report until this year now that I am no longer in a facility.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I have been making payments to AFNI INC. for about 2 years on a debt. And a couple of months ago they said that my check didn't clear. You see the problem with that statement is, I don't have a bank account, at all. I send them money orders. Money orders I are bought with cash money, and printed out of a machine right there at the customer service counter of your local grocer. They are damn near the same as cash, but a bit more safe than sending a wad of tens and twenties through the mail.

I talked to an agent and he said that I should call Western Union to see what they have to say. Well, I did, and got an automated recording, but I entered all of the info from every money order I've sent from this year and it said that each one of them were cashed. Every last one of them. So I wanted to talk to an AFNI supervisor, as if that would make any difference, but I wanted to try anyhow. He said that their bank took the money order and that Western Union, apparently "refused to honor the money order". Someone for damn sure got my money and I don't know who did, or how I can prove it. I may just pay my account down to that very amount and tell them to blow me on the rest.

Original review: March 22, 2017

2/26/16 I took a day off work to go to urgent care for a sinus infection. I pulled to a stop sign at an intersection and when I looked for cars, nope... none. Proceeded to make a right hand turn when a truck comes from the other lane MERGING INTO MINE and BOOM slammed into my front drivers side headlight area and promptly ripped off my front bumper and cover completely, I slammed on my brakes so hard that my car dragged down the side of his truck as he was either speeding or my stopping created a weird effect. I take pics and he moves his truck which I asked him not to do. He called the police and when the cop got there a very shaken me was still crying and upset.

The cop took one look at me sitting in my car and huffs and walks away, NEVER asked me what happened, spends a good amount of time talking to dude who hit me. Winds up giving me a ticket for failure to yield. He asked for my insurance and I was going through my now disheveled car and the cop reached in and grabs an old slip from an old company, when I get to call my insurance company they tell me I was canceled which I tell them there was no way... they say they sent a letter. I NEVER got one. I asked how. They said UPS but they didn't request a signature and they're not sure it got sent to the right address.

Once I went to court I pled guilty because I didn't know what else to do. My ex's friend was my attorney and he quit the same week my ex dumped me. I couldn't afford another one. On top of that I even told the guy who HIT ME, "here's my number and email. Just let me know how much the repairs are. I'll get a loan if I have to." Nope. He went ahead and did this. So I call everyone for six or so months after finally finding the right people to talk to... after I was ARRESTED for driving on a suspended license I didn't know I had, they tell me I have to make payment arrangements to get my license back. Cool! This sounds easy!

I call and make a $50 payment. It wasn't much but I'm a single momma, they tell me that's not gonna cut it. That they need $1000.00 and $200 a month to get my license back. So I cry my eyes out, work tons of overtime and go hungry for a bit. Make the payment and then they tell me I have to have papers signed and notarized AND make ANOTHER $200 payment (197.34) so it takes me a while to be able to give that money up. Then I do and express mail the papers on the 15th. They get it on the 16th and today is the 22nd and they're telling me it may be another 3-5 days before I can get a copy for the DMV. So I'm paying for a car I can't drive and insuring a car I can't drive and have been yelled at and belittled everytime I've called except one nice guy today... and all I want is to be able to drive to work so I don't lose my job.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I paid my bill with Dish TV and didn't get tv the next month. When I called, they said they never received payment even though my bank statement showed it went through. I shut off service with them and they said I was under contract. I told them otherwise and after researching their records, I got a letter in the mail saying there was no contract record and I was good to go. Then a couple weeks later I get a letter from Afni saying I owe early termination fees. I told them same thing I told Dish and say I still have the letter. I email them a copy of the letter and they still send me collection letters. I researched this company and they are known for stuff like this. They buy the debt from other companies, even when the debt has been paid off or expired.

If you do pay them off, they still say you didn't on your credit reports. The half off offers and stuff like that is just a way for them to make money. They also change the dates of when debts are owed to try and confuse you. I told them to stop sending letters and calling me because I didn't owe a thing. The lady says "so you're not gonna pay then". I said "hell no". And she said they may be required to take further action. I told her "take whatever actions you feel are necessary, but remember where the door is." Haven't heard a thing since, but it's still on my credit and I can't get a car to drive my 8 month old in because I'm below 650 cause of them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

On 09/09/2016 approx 14.30 hrs. on a month's end supply run to the grocery store. I approached an empty single file tee intersection to make a right hand turn. Again there was no one at the Intersection as I arrived to make my RT turn. Traffic is heavy. In scanning for safety of pedestrians in/at/near crosswalk and on my right, I see it is clear, then I focused on my left to observe & await a safe opening for a proper & legal merge from the stop sign. I see a opening & assess it is an acceptable safe opening & begin to accelerate in a normal fashion as the opening is fairly large and no need to accelerate quickly into the intersection.

As I am NOW in and ON the main rd halfway into my RT Turn my pick up truck explodes with a loud boom/smash & lifted up high enough on my right side to frighten me so intensely my adrenaline shot through my body. I am looking all around me in sheer fright & do not see anything around me, since my truck is tilted up on my right side I used my steering wheel to lift myself up to see a small car that had slipped in between me & the curb on my right side but contact was made on the right side of my vehicle at the point of where I was out in the main road... I repeat out in the main rd.

There was no contact made while the individual had slipped in on my right side whatsoever at the stop sign. Contact was made out in the main road as I was already halfway into my turn. Sheer logic let alone common sense will tell you that the other driver had traveled along my right hand side simultaneously with me which is illegal plus this is a single file tee intersection with no form of markings on the street or sign posted to alert motorist of anything different.

Since we have other vehicles our truck is only used on the month's end only & sometimes not used for 2 months at a time, it is rarely moved at all. It is a 2006 Ford F150 with only 14,854 original miles so when I was searching for the Insurance Card Sis even though policy was active had not placed the current insurance card in the side saddle of the driver's door. I stated this to the police officer as the other driver came & pasted herself to my hip when she heard this. The Officer stated "That's OK I'm supposed to run & confirm Insurance Info through the computer anyway so I'll go ahead & verify it for you". He said "Yes, you were right. It's active & current". He gave my insurance info to her & hers to me.

Here's where the HELL BEGINS. Since our vehicle is rarely moved/used the required minimum of liability insurance required by the state to drive legally especially since the truck is paid off, also OUR insurance company states "after reviewing our DASH CAM VIDEO we have assessed you are not at fault, it clearly shows she is at fault plus we have the documentation/policy to prove insurance was current/active at the time of the incident."

USAA from the very start stated that I was NOT covered. I stated then police would have cited me on the spot as there is NO leniency whatsoever on driving uninsured. Rep stated "Oh that's Right," then rep states in our repeat attempts to get them to pay for our damages that they have no record of the recorded interrogation of me with one of their reps and they also state they have kept requesting that we send the link to the Youtube link of which we have sent them several times to the e-mail address they provided me of which we did send it to them. We have an Electronic Confirmation E-mail as a receipt they sent us as proof they indeed receive it.

Now they have numerous agents involved that at first were transferring us from one to the other but has gone from no one accepting our calls nor returning our calls either. Now we are receiving calls from a collection company called AFNI who stated they were calling about the accident and needed personal Info. I thought it was USAA so I gave it to them only to realize as the woman began to get vicious stating I owed them approx $3300.00 dollars. I became highly concerned about giving out my private identity Info of which they now have and now being harassed by AFNI who are stating they have begun proceedings of collection on me and threatening to contact the TX DMV and have my license taken away.

Now there have been strange vehicles pulling up to our home as if stalking us. Due to our once safe neighborhood going high crime & have been targeted by neighborhood crime ring for being active in the neighborhood watch we have warned them of their being in grave danger by this gang & our possibly mistaking them for thugs zeroing us & they again may be in grave danger especially since our home has taken gunfire. We have alerted ALL the law enforcement agencies about this but San Antonio is sanctuary city sympathetic and is why crime rules here that and USAA & AFNI leg breaker tactics.

Here is the link to the dash cam video. You be the judge. **. It clearly shows USAA insured is at fault & AFNI unjustly & unfairly is tormenting me & frightening my family by coming to our home & stopping out front. This sheer outright Intimidation & harassment and seems to be headed toward terrorizing us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFNI?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

They say that I owe them a large sum of money and if I do not pay in full or make arrangements, that they will send a letter to the Department of Licensing and have my driver's license suspended. Do they have this authority or power? When I mention bankruptcy, they offer to me to come up with a smaller sum to settle the matter? Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

This crap company is in Illinois. Check out ** to see just how bad they are. The 1st and only time I answered one of their calls they informed me I owed AT&T yada, yada, "pay half and we'll close the account." I told them to get lost. Not willing to waste my time giving these predators any info. I subsequently received 4-5 calls a day from them, until I blocked them with my very viable AT&T account. Even after being blocked, they continued to call 1-2 times a day for weeks. I partially blame AT&T for even dealing with a 3rd party scam agency like AFNI, who seems to feel people are stupid enough to pay them when they have active accounts with AT&T. Really? Been with AT&T many years, if you owe them money, THEY let you know, pay them or they shut you down, end of story. Your account goes away.

I think this ** third party collection agency jumps on accounts that have changed creating a very temporarily outstanding balance during the transition, and they count on the fact that some people actually believe if they don't pay these creeps, their credit score will be destroyed. They need to be shut down by the state of Illinois and wherever else they are. They're a parasitic scourge.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

This company has been contracted to collect a bill from me and is giving me problems making an payment. When I try to make a payment they are rude and attempting to force me to make a payment that I am not comfortable with and asking inappropriate questions about my personal life. This is the most difficult company that I have ever dealt with. I have never found it so hard to pay a bill.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

AFNI shows on my credit that I owe $460 to AT&T mobile. I have had no account with AT&T since 2002. I only had the account one month and stopped paying because I had no service where I lived. They told me I should have told them within 2 weeks and that I would have to pay early termination fees. I handed them the phone and said that was BS and walked away. 14 years later they are still wanting this?!? Credit Karma states AFNI opened this debt collection just a couple years ago. How is this possible?

Original review: July 26, 2016

I'm not even sure how AT&T can have my account in Collections with 1 agency, and then with proof of AT&T U-verse error, it was removed from my credit, just to find out a few months later AFNI placed the same account on my credit reports by changing the date. The debt was originally from 2014, so they changed the date to April 2016 and there you go. A whole to debt that I do not owe and was legally removed already. Next step is Attorney.

Afni Company Information