3.36/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

My Social Calendar

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

My Social Calendar Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

The experience with My Social Calendar, was something that I would not recommend. There were charges I was told by the Caller Rhonda that were supposed to be one time that became continual. I was supposed to be charged a membership fee that I was told only one time and a monthly fee. I ended up getting both charges and I called to get this corrected. The customer service was not understanding and I was not treated as a valued customer. I don't like being mislead, and the customer service team seemed to not care. I was locked in and the contract was something that made me feel like a number. I felt so awful at how I was not valued that I had to leave. I mean being locked in a contract is not enjoyable, it was not customer first.

I went to two events, first was at very expensive hotel that did not present much for icebreaking, the second was at a dive bar. These people I came in contact with were of means and I'm still on a budget. I felt My Social Calendar doesn't give you the chance to try it out, you sign up and you feel like it's a used car sales. I came out of loneliness and I left in debt. Currently I have arranged payments to get this behind me. I say this review, because I paid 600, and now I'm working out arrangements to pay the 2500 left to get this behind me! I feel that a social experience, should not be something that hurts you economically. As you can see I'm not happy and I warn anyone I know, to avoid this contract for felt not treated fairly.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I usually do meetups but haven't really met anyone and they are really unorganized. This was definitely more organized and I liked that everyone was single. If you're doing meetups and not getting anywhere this is worth trying.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Hello all, joined Social Calendar in Boston area, paid upfront for two years. Was told that there were many in my age group which was not true, but no worries, enjoyed people I did meet and had fun at the events. Towards the end of the first year events were frequently cancelled, sometimes with no advanced notice, you show up and nothing is happening. Then got error message when logging into calendar stating that there is no longer a calendar active in the Boston area. Cannot find any way to contact someone for a refund. The email contacts I had are all no longer accepting emails and the website shows no contact info whatsoever. Would like half of my payments back.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

MSC (at least the west coast Los Angeles branch) is VERY misleading. They market themselves as a dating service, but the truth is, from my personal experience coming out and getting involved in their events, they are nothing but a glorified Senior Citizens/Middle-Aged Women's meeting club. Events are cancelled left and right due to poor attendance, and many of the attendees are older, like in the 50's or higher. There is nothing wrong with that, except the event planners and administration of MSC always lump HUGE age disparity of their members together to come out for the event, like honestly, what kind of romantic or dating options can occur if you put people that are 40 years apart together, what were they thinking?

There is NO matchmaking service here at ALL, it is only they schedule events to try to get their "members" to show up to (nobody wants to because of the awkward age disparity) and even if you are a "member" of MSC, you still need to pay separately for whatever event you are showing up to, then what's the point honestly?

You're better off not dealing with MSC as a middleman (that's all they are, a MIDDLEMAN) that offers a pointless and useless service. You could just as easily go to the bar or the clubs or whatever with friends and it would STILL be better for you socially than this awkward mess that they try to shoehorn all these older folks together into. With all these problems and awkwardness, it's always telling when attendees are dwindling, nobody likes showing up, and the events constantly get cancelled. MSC is fraudulent, the salespeople are straight up liars. They polish this ** well if you get on the other line of the phone with any of the sales reps. Awful, just awful. Just go to the bars and clubs with friends, you don't need to waste $900.00 with this "membership" to nothing. If you are in the 30's or younger, there is nothing here but disappointment. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I joined My Social Calendar 6 months ago and absolutely love it! I am 42, divorced and HATE online dating. All those wasted hours what was I thinking... With MSC I sign up for fun events and meet other single people face to face while having a blast. Last night I went to my first Escape Room and had a great time. I have met tons of new girl friends and FINALLY some decent men to date. I like the no pressure atmosphere. Bottom line we are not meant to date through computer screens. So glad I joined!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

When I started My Social Calendar, in 2016 it was the best thing I ever did. But slowly and surely the ground and events were being canceled left and right. With no replacement of events. Plus another thing that seem to be unusual. They would have men there, yet they look stare and do nothing! Professional lawyers, pharmacist, federal agents, pilots. No one ask for a number. Not just me, a lot of the other women who had been there in the group for like 15 years! No man ever ask them out. Now some due date men in the group. They kept organizing a lot of PMS, Menopausal, Estrogen laden events that eventually turned into cat lady events!

So a lot of men disappeared and the ones who stay, just nursed their drinks in their hands (cause none of these flunky men 40’s and up, were going to offer a lady a drink ever). But what happened was that the owner ran off with everyone’s money and never said a word that the company was folding. This is the

South Florida location. If you sign up, just pay month to month. No lifetime membership! Unless you plan to be in the group and lonely for life.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I would highly recommend My Social Calendar! There are over 18+ events a month and all the members are really fun and outgoing people. Being a shy person I was a little hesitant to join, but there is a host at every event that greets the "newbies" and introduces them to other members. I have been a member for a little over 5 months now and have made a lot of friends while doing something and different every week. The events are awesome and planned very well. Before joining, I had a terrible experience on the dating sites and apps because there are so many fake people and scammers. MSC has truly been so refreshing and everyone has a positive outlook on life!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have been a member of the My Social Calendar New York City club for over 8 months and have had a truly fantastic experience. Over this time, I have met many great people and made even better friends and lasting memories. I am not much of a drinker, so I found it refreshing that I could join a group of people my age who like the same things I do and not have to always go to a bar. Some of the events I have attended include going to Caroline's on Broadway for a comedy night, trying to escape from an Escape Room, kayaking, and even taking a Sunday Mimosa brunch cruise around the city. I would definitely recommend joining MSC if all your friends are married and you just want to meet other neat people while not a having to plan a thing!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I joined My Social Calendar 3 months ago. I live in New Jersey but can easily travel into the city. I am 42, divorced and all my friends are married. I was really looking for a way to meet people and date without profiles! Last night I went to the dinner event at Ninja New York. The themed restaurant is a re-creation of an 18th century Ninja Village. It was very entertaining. We had about 20 of us and filled 2 tables. Everyone chatted and had a good time. About 7 of us went out after for some cocktails. I really enjoy stepping out and doing different things that I typically wouldn't do. It would be nice if they could do at least 1 event per week in North Jersey, right now they do 2 per month.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was talked into and signed up for the NYC Calendar. A few months later, after I had paid my "dues" the NYC chapter ceased to exist. After calling multiple locations I found out that it was run by a single individual and that he had "disappeared" and no other locations had any info since they were all independently run. I filed a BBB complaint and a complaint with the Florida Attorney General (since they are HQ'd in Florida) and got no response. Instead, after trying to fight the charges, I received an email that the NYC chapter was "back", but would not be giving any refunds for the money they wrongfully took from consumers without even attempting to remedy what had occurred but instead blamed it on the "individual" who disappeared. I am an attorney and am filing a lawsuit against the company and welcome anyone else to reach out to me who experienced the same thing.

My Social Calendar Company Information