3.55/5

My Social Calendar

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

34 My Social Calendar Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

When I started My Social Calendar, in 2016 it was the best thing I ever did. But slowly and surely the ground and events were being canceled left and right. With no replacement of events. Plus another thing that seem to be unusual. They would have men there, yet they look stare and do nothing! Professional lawyers, pharmacist, federal agents, pilots. No one ask for a number. Not just me, a lot of the other women who had been there in the group for like 15 years! No man ever ask them out. Now some due date men in the group. They kept organizing a lot of PMS, Menopausal, Estrogen laden events that eventually turned into cat lady events!

So a lot of men disappeared and the ones who stay, just nursed their drinks in their hands (cause none of these flunky men 40’s and up, were going to offer a lady a drink ever). But what happened was that the owner ran off with everyone’s money and never said a word that the company was folding. This is the

South Florida location. If you sign up, just pay month to month. No lifetime membership! Unless you plan to be in the group and lonely for life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have been a member of the My Social Calendar New York City club for over 8 months and have had a truly fantastic experience. Over this time, I have met many great people and made even better friends and lasting memories. I am not much of a drinker, so I found it refreshing that I could join a group of people my age who like the same things I do and not have to always go to a bar. Some of the events I have attended include going to Caroline's on Broadway for a comedy night, trying to escape from an Escape Room, kayaking, and even taking a Sunday Mimosa brunch cruise around the city. I would definitely recommend joining MSC if all your friends are married and you just want to meet other neat people while not a having to plan a thing!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I joined My Social Calendar 3 months ago. I live in New Jersey but can easily travel into the city. I am 42, divorced and all my friends are married. I was really looking for a way to meet people and date without profiles! Last night I went to the dinner event at Ninja New York. The themed restaurant is a re-creation of an 18th century Ninja Village. It was very entertaining. We had about 20 of us and filled 2 tables. Everyone chatted and had a good time. About 7 of us went out after for some cocktails. I really enjoy stepping out and doing different things that I typically wouldn't do. It would be nice if they could do at least 1 event per week in North Jersey, right now they do 2 per month.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was talked into and signed up for the NYC Calendar. A few months later, after I had paid my "dues" the NYC chapter ceased to exist. After calling multiple locations I found out that it was run by a single individual and that he had "disappeared" and no other locations had any info since they were all independently run. I filed a BBB complaint and a complaint with the Florida Attorney General (since they are HQ'd in Florida) and got no response. Instead, after trying to fight the charges, I received an email that the NYC chapter was "back", but would not be giving any refunds for the money they wrongfully took from consumers without even attempting to remedy what had occurred but instead blamed it on the "individual" who disappeared. I am an attorney and am filing a lawsuit against the company and welcome anyone else to reach out to me who experienced the same thing.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I was 35 never married and starting to feel like I would never meet the right guy. Online dating was a nightmare. Mostly 1st awkward dates and hardly any 2nd dates. I joined My Social Calendar last year and really enjoyed the entire experience. My phone interview was maybe 10-15 minutes and just basically explained what MSC had to offer. I like that they make sure everyone is who they say they are with these quick calls. I met many people online who were not close to who they were trying to portray. I have made tons of friends and have done things like hot air ballooning that I would have never did. Well in March 2019 I will finally be getting married to someone I met through MSC. I can't promise this result for everyone, but this concept gets you out meeting other singles having a good time being yourself. I do believe that's why it works! Glad I took the chance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: July 24, 2018

As a 32 year old man who moved to Washington DC for a new job 4 months ago, I found it very hard to meet new friends outside my office. I am not a big drinker, so the bar scene in Georgetown wasn't that appealing because it is all 21-23 year old kids. I did try a few Meet Ups but they are full of married people and couples. So when I heard about My Social Calendar I decided to give it a try. Well, it has thus far surpassed my expectations! There is an event everyday of the week and they have things that I have never tried.

I grew up in NYC so I have never had the opportunity to go horseback riding or kayaking which were fantastic. There are many types of people from many age groups but that's okay. They do have age specific event for Members. Some are for Members 39 and under which fits me perfect. I have met many great guys and gals like me and have enjoyed the no pressure, relaxing group environment. After trying the some dating sites and phone apps back in NYC, I would highly recommend MSC to those folks who had bad experiences with those things and want to meet REAL people and not people who pretend to be something they are not. 5 stars!

Original review: July 23, 2018

I also was mislead when speaking to a sales rep. I never got a straight answer from her about anything I asked. When I asked about refund policy she stated "well honey, we don't want anyone to have to stay with us that doesn't want to." Not long after I signed up I found that to be totally untrue. CS is never reachable. Not long after signing up I was dealing with medical issues and was looking at having to take a leave of absence from work. I tried several times to contact MSC via phone and app and email to inform them of the change in my health and employment and to request a refund due to the seriousness of my situation.

Sometime later I received a voice mail message from a man who told me that I had no basis for a refund and for me to read my contract. If my health is no basis I don't know what is. I attempted 2 events, one was very far from my home and the other was at some dive bar/bowling alley that was not clean and not in a great part of town. I haven't attempted anymore contact with them, and just recently thought to look here and see what I could find. Well, I found more of the same issues I am having. I would never recommend this site to anyone. They are very cold and the priorities they base refunds on is a joke.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My Social Calendar was a thorough and huge disappointment. The marketing was heavily misrepresented, especially by the radio, phone interview, and in person interview. I was led to believe that this group was more exclusive and for young professionals in the DC area; however, the people in this group has a wide range of ages, most of them being significantly older than me, and I have been harassed by men who are in their 60s. I am not ready to hang out with people in their 50s and 60s. In addition, I was also told that there are background checks done on members but I have learned that some members have previous jail time or are mentally unstable. These are not the young professionals I was hoping to meet. I was hoping to meet people my age or that shared similar interest, but I have been unsuccessful due to the above. Also, not many people show up to the events and they lock you into a CONTRACT. This should be a red flag to anyone.

The group is very highly priced and it also had a monthly charge. The pricing changed right after I joined to a significantly less amount. I tried to get feedback and refunded so that I could leave the group after only being a member for less than two months, but customer service is NONEXISTENT. It is nearly impossible to get in contact with anyone. The events they choose are good but half seem to get canceled. Interesting concept but nowhere near worth cost investment. Hopefully this will help someone not make the same mistake. This is one of my biggest financial regrets. Do not join this group. I am hoping to get a partial refund since I have only been to three or four events.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I signed up to receive a phone call to get more information about how My Social Calendar worked because there was very limited information on the website. Emmett called me and started to explain what the company was and what they did. He asked me why I was interested and I told him that I was just looking to possibly meet new people and to try new activities. He then started asking me personal information on if I was dating, what dating sites I was on, and how that was going for me. All of the questions he was asking was to only twist my words around and to use it to try and pressure me into joining later in the conversation.

After he did his pitch, he told me I sounded like I'd be a great fit and asked me if I was interested in signing up. He didn't offer up any membership fee information so I had to ask him if it cost money and how much. And from what I've read in other reviews, it sounds like there's also a contract involved which he did not mention. When I told him that I needed to think about it and I was just trying to find out more information about the company because at this point my summer was pretty much filled with activities, he said "awe, come on, why are you calling us to begin with" and at one point called me a 3rd wheel. Emmett's condescending attitude he not only missed out on me signing up but also the other people I probably could have brought along with me to join.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Thank God for My Social Calendar! I have been divorced for about a year and getting myself back out to the dating arena has been hard. Most of my friends are married and could only go out if they got a hall pass. Online dating is a joke and being a 45 year old the bar scene is not for me. Thankfully, I heard the My Social Calendar (MSC) ad on the radio and thought to myself, just maybe, finally, something that could work for me. I love the concept of meeting other singles face to face while having fun group events.

Last night we went and saw "Mr. Chow" from the Hangover movies and he was a blast! What a great stand-up comedy show. I went through a pretty dark time after my divorce, but thanks to MSC the lights are back on!!! Not sure how anyone could give a bad review about this club. I realize some people would have complaints about damn Disney World there's not much you can do. But trust me if you are 30-65 and looking to get out and meet other singles this is the best way out there I have found and I have tried a lot the last two years. Not only do they have over 20 events per month but they will divide the events up by age groups which is very smart. I have a buddy who is 55 and went to a meetup event and everyone was 25! Check it out. It's way worth it.

My Social Calendar Company Information