Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

3.8/5 (228 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My matchmaker, Debbie, has been wonderful. Working with her is an absolute pleasure. She is fun, friendly, and most importantly, good at her job. We’ve spoken on several occasions, and she has always listened closely to what I have to say. I recently went on my first date, and had a wonderful time. I was nervous getting back into the dating scene, but I trusted Debbie, and she did a great job matching me up with a fantastic guy. I couldn’t speak more highly of Debbie, and I look forward to working with her more throughout the matchmaking journey!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Daniella provided an amazing support. She is excellence in listening and asking questions to figure out what you are looking for. She does everything possible to find you the right person and someone who matches your qualification. I am very happy working with her.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Me an Abby had a nice pleasant date at Doc restaurant. I felt comfortable carrying a conversation with her. We exchanged numbers towards the end of the date. So we will see what happens. I am feeling optimistic. That we might see each other again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I am new to the service, but I have enjoyed the experience so far. Debbie has been professional, prompt and pleasant to work with. I have great confidence that she is in my corner and is looking for a great match for me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Vanessa is a highly engaging person. She has kept me fully informed of developments at all times. She is highly professional and compassionate in arranging the dates and in giving me scouting reports before the dates. In addition, Vanessa follows up - after the dates to determine what worked and what failed to work. Vanessa truly makes a significant effort to help clients like me who have some anxiety about re-entering the dating scene.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have had a great experience with IJL. I especially love working with Daniella at IJL. I did not anticipate how interested and insightful she is. I feel like she really cares and loves doing what she does. I highly recommend Daniella and IJL.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Debbie is the most amazing match maker. She is so considerate and honest. I love the candid non judgmental conversations we have. She truly listens to me and genuinely cares about my needs. She has been extremely patient. I also appreciate how Debbie has taken the time to get to know me. I highly recommend Debbie.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

My couch is amazing!! She has really pinpointed my wants and needs. The men she matched me with were exactly what I am looking for. I would highly recommend her. She is very accessible and always very kind. I have found this experience so far to be a absolute joy.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Hi, I feel that Obed has done a nice job setting me up with dates. They have all met many of my criteria. I appreciate his attention to my wishes. During weekdays, he gets back to me quickly. I feel confident in his support.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The experience with IJL has been fine, considering I am in a difficult situation with my requirements. Debbie has been very helpful, she is professional, kind and patient. I have some glaring demands and she responds quickly with a calm solution. Thank you Deb!

Anthony

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

After getting to a somewhat slow start, I finally connected with Debbie and she is a jewel to work with. Know I am in capable hands and has my best interests in mind when determining future matches. Many thanks to all of you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Very responsive and positive experience dealing with Jen. Nice clients and overall enjoyable experience. Keep up the good work. Hope to continue to meet quality ladies in the future. Thanks for your service and support in dealing with a difficult and challenging experience.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This was a new journey for me and I've enjoyed every step of the process. My Matchmaker is Udonna. She keeps me well informed regarding the rules and what to expect. Her process made me conformable to move forward and I completely trust the connections she presents. This process is much needed, especially in light of the pandemic. I would definitely recommend.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I became a member 1.5 months ago, for a 12 month/24 date plan. It has started slow, but the first match was pretty good so far. Francesca is always available for a chat, sharing ideas, gaining feedback on to-dos/ to-avoids. Understands my needs and is working towards the next dates. Very diligent, pleasure to work with her.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I love everyone's great attitude and always be positive to find good match for me. I felt safe during dates and had good experience even it might didn't work out at the end. All staff listened my feedback and worked hard on my matches.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Sheri was my matchmaker and very nice. I enjoy working with her. I was unsure about the experience but I still tried and I am happy that I did give it a chance. So if you have questions go to Sheri-IJL.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

My experience with IJL has been very pleasing to me. Udonna has taken the time to get to know me and carefully considers all of my input when matching me with potential dates. I feel comfortable and that I can be candid with her. I have been very pleased with the personal attention I’ve received and the dates and locations of the dates have been first class. I would recommend IJL to my best friends.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

My matchmaker Daniella was able to find me a suitable date on the first try, and I have 12 more dates available. The company is responsive and the employees are personable and helpful. I have tried many online dating apps and this company led to the best date I've had in 20 years.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I am fairly new to the IJL experience. So far, I have had a good experience working with Obed, Ivonne, and Brittany. The matches have been well made so far, and I look forward to continuing to work with the team in the future.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I signed up for IJL in March 2020. During the pandemic I was offered two virtual dates. One was out of state, and one couldn't log on. It's been nearly a year and my first date (a virtual date) is schedule the end of February. I've had 5+ matchmakers in one year. The service is terrible. I requested, and was denied, a refund. They have been unable to provide me any dates in nearly a year. I can't imagine how they will provide me with 12 dates without scraping the bottom of the barrel, or throwing anyone at me. There's no consistency in the matchmakers. A total waste of time and money. RUN.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Working with Sheri has been amazing! She is very easy to get in touch with and has made the experience to be seamless. She gets me in that she has been spot on with the date choices as she is understanding about who I am and what I am looking for in a partner. Sheri is the best! I would definitely want her to be the matchmaker for all my recommendations!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Love Debbie - this is my first time dating and she has not only help me figure out what I may want to date, she had been helpful in helping me get comfortable with dating! Before my date, she gave me great guidance on being myself and being a woman how to feel safe in not giving out too much information. Love her!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I'm new to IJL, but Debbie has been very supportive and is easy to talk to. She has been taking notes and doing the work for me. It has been nice to have someone walk me through the process and to tell me what to expect from this experience. I'm looking forward to seeing who she matches me with next.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I would like to thank Sheri for her great job finding me a good match. She took the time to listen to my concerns and requirements and I finally got a good match. When I met Jeff virtually, he was amazing. I now have hope again to find my love one. My matchmaker is phenomenal.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I have been working with Daniella and have gone on 2 dates so far.. The first was just the trial and the 2nd she most definitely improved on. Daniella has been very diligent in trying to match me up with someone who meets all the qualities I am looking for. I am very excited to meet #3!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Debbie has been very communicative with me and has great follow-up! Debbie is an active listener and I feel like she hears what I am telling her. I think she will find the perfect person that is meant for me. Thanks, Debbie!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Well, I have been with IJL two times in my past, several years ago and I was reluctant to join a third time but I have been very pleasantly surprised! My matchmaker, Debbie is great and seems to really understand me and has a vested interest in helping me find my man! While I just recently joined and only had one virtual date so far, I am hopeful that "third time's the charm!" Cindy

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

She is awesome!!!! She speaks my language on how to find the right mate!!!! It is very easy to talk to her. I don’t not feel judge at all, she really caters to my needs. She offers her opinion as well to help me see things from a different perspective.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

It has been great working with Sheri and look forward to continuing to work with her and hearing her advice and exploring various opportunities. She has done a great job of hearing me out and understanding what my different interests and priorities are for this experience.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I've been with IJL since November and am having a fantastic time meeting great quality people around the DFW area. Debbie has been truly helpful by listening to my likes and dislikes about each date and making sure to incorporate those to my next match. I am excited to follow the process and meet someone I could build true and lasting connection with.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information