4.2(6,785)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential
Cons
  • Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Stars Rating

• 59%
  • 24%
  • 6%
  • 3%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?
    Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2023

They have no idea about their clientele database or clearly lying from the beginning. False promises and overly confident in showing big picture with no ethics. Failed to provide a single date in 3 months and no confidence that they will deliver anything in rest of the period. Save your money and time. Don't disturb your mental peace by buying this companies' services. The marketing lady called me every day to show me a big false picture and promised 2 dates per month but in reality, they don't have any profiles which could full fill my desired matches. My suggestion is to save your money. This company has no ethical standards.

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback and time you took to express your concerns. We are looking forward to arranging your next date and are in receipt of your updated photos and availability. We will be in touch soon once the date is scheduled. Thank you!

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2023

Great service and very satisfied with my matchmaker. Jaiye is very helpful and doing his best to find me the match that I am serching for. I have been looking for a good service like this and finally I found it. Thank you.

Pinned

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience and look forward to your next date. Thanks!

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2023

A member since 11/1/22, zero dates. I was presented with quite a few toads, but decided to keep an open mind and say yes to 10 of the 11 that I was presented. No dates. Something is wrong here. Last week, I finally decided to join 3 dating websites, for the very first time, and was deluged with compliments on my beauty and offers to meet. You can see the photo attached (taken last month) or find me on Facebook under Vivienne ** to verify that I am not a toad. MUCH better luck on a dating website. $3,400 wasted.

Pinned

We appreciate the time you took to express your concerns. We have received your availability and are working on your next date. Thank you!

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

I had a pleasant brunch with my date. We had similar backgrounds and experiences. She is accomplished and hardworking. We talked openly about where we were at in life and what we wanted in a relationship. After a couple of hours, we exchanged phone numbers and made plans for a second date.

Pinned

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your date! Keep us posted on your 2nd date, and we will continue to work on your next IJL date on our end. Talk soon!

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

It's Just lunch review. Elliot is great to work with. He has been great when it comes to understanding what I'm looking for and I look forward to continuing to work with him. Pros - The compatibility of matches I've received and his response time when I reach out.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the process and for being an IJL client! We look forward to your next date.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2023

This is the biggest waste of money hands down. I am so sorry that I have ever paid this amount for this. I was in a weak spot in life, I suppose. I joined in 2021 and have only had three dates as of today, Jan 2023. I had one date that never showed up and was told it was due to a matchmaker error. That was a waste of time and money. I have never once talked to the same person, the matchmaker; always some new. One of my dates also told me that Seattle needs men, which is part of why that can't consistently match people. The dates I had were nothing close to what I am looking for. Please do not waste your money.

Pinned

We appreciate you sharing your concerns. Your membership has been on hold for four months, we will have a team member reach out to you further. Talk soon!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2023

Bottom line - spend your money elsewhere. Very few positives here. Site advertises white glove service and caters to busy professionals - there is nothing white glove or catered about this despite what they say. For context in reading my experience, I am a process engineer who travels for work Monday through Thursday every week. Also, this is my 2nd subscription period - I saw what I considered many of these issues before, but IJL kept a steady flow of dates which led me to sign up again. This review will concentrate on my 2nd subscription though there are some from my first run through. I feel like this could be a good service and everything they advertise is doable however IJL does not appear interested in doing it. Below I'll highlight some issues I've had:

1) Communication - prepare to call them, email them, smoke signal them, telegram them, whatever- many times you will not get a response. Staff obviously engages in little-to-no internal communication. Pinnacle illustration of this was when I had a no call, no show at a restaurant, contacted their after hours who had not heard from my date. Finally heard back the next day and was asked when to reschedule without any addressing of the no call no show. Was told that the match sent a text message to cancel instead of a call which is why it was not relayed to me. Oddly enough when I went to reschedule, the match never responded.

2) Scheduling - This was one of the more appealing things to me before I signed up. As a professional who is out of town and has only 2.5 days per week at home per week, I'd like to maximize those 2.5 days - whether it be from hinge, bumble, IJL, some girl I met at the bar, whatever. I found myself being given matches on a Monday or Tuesday and routinely going a weekend or some cases 2 weekends without hearing back from that match (pending a date being scheduled). I would hold my weekends open under these circumstances and not seek a date from other sources spending my 2.5 days at home; not moving closer to my goals as a result. This was finally rectified by my most recent scheduler.

IJL COULD ask you at the beginning of your subscription when you plan on being out of town and working with you to maximize your experience. They do not and claim they cannot because they have no control of when the match crystal ball coughs up another match. Thusly, when you provide them with information about your availability, it is not regarded or used. This was perpetual in one way or another for the duration of my subscriptions.

3) Feedback - 2nd time through I paid for 6 feedback sessions and was charged $600. The first session was good but ultimately provided me no actionable information, only confirmed things that I had learned by being out on dates. I have had only two other sessions since despite several dates and nothing actionable. Would be better served as an ushered (white glove, perhaps?) experience. I have 3 feedback sessions, 0 guaranteed matches, and 1.5 months left.

IJL calls you after each date and asks for your feedback which is a good thing, however the information is not used as best I can tell. After one date several months ago, I asked if this information is used to improve my matches or help my matches improve themselves. I got a very confusing, nebulous answer. I decided to focus on my matches for that particular feedback - I indicated that it would be great if IJL could mix in a match that had a strong relationship with religion. It has been 3-4 months since this request was made and it has not been acknowledged, discussed, or fulfilled in any way. Summary- the after date feedback is not used so do not waste your time.

Also - I signed up for the feedback option in hopes of improving my appeal. Almost all of the feedback I get is "great guy!" "Seems really cool!" - something generic and positive yet I have only had one 2nd date. I would hope that for the amount of money that I'm paying, that IJL works on my behalf to extract actionable information for me. They do not.

4) Matches/Matching Process - The one bright spot is that most of my matches were in the realm of what I'm looking for. There were some very concerning misses, but the overall body of work was satisfactory and why I signed up again. That has largely fallen apart on this 2nd go round. Matchmaker says they can't edit the timing of dates (see scheduling: vacation schedule above) but they seem to be able to press the match button and make the match crystal ball spit out a match when something goes awry.

At one point - I had a match rejection (August 2022) for my height and then had two immediate subsequent matches who did not (And still have not) responded. I was told that I would be rematched with these when they contacted but IJL claims they are still not returning their calls (are they not paying?). As hard as this was to swallow, I swallowed it until more recently I had a no call no show and am still waiting to hear back from that match rescheduling 2 months later. Had 2 other same day cancellations in addition to the above that never rescheduled. @IJL - I think this is accurate number wise, it's hard to keep up. if you want to help me remember the order and how it unfolded, please feel free to share in the comments! I realize they are not and shouldn't be held accountable for what matches do - but they could make an effort to improve an individual's experience, and they chose not to.

5) Customer Service - The comments about gaslighting I've seen are spot on. I had heard the term gaslighting before using IJL and now I know what it means. My matchmaker no longer addresses obvious customer service shortcomings - I imagine this is because she has no intention of improving it. This is confusing because the amount of time that my matchmaker must spend to fulfill the obligations is ~5 minutes. The tasks she must perform once a month are the following: 1) receive match from match crystal ball 2) contact me and read match 3) schedule match at restaurant in area 3a) monitor phone and relay cancellation communication on date day 4) accept feedback.

If this process was going well, I would expect servicing me as a customer would cost IJL 60 minutes of matchmaker time per match. As it is - I feel like I could accomplish everything my matchmaker does in ~15 minutes. I believe these matchmaker roles are part time roles - to illustrate this, I spoke to my matchmaker for about 5 minutes today, it is the first contact I've had in a month. The other tasks to accomplish cannot take more than 15 more minutes. This indicates a fully burdened matchmaker that seamlessly services clients for a 40 hour work week should have about 480 clients. I would be very surprised if my matchmaker works with 20 other people - they do not have that kind of inventory.

Regional office leader appears far more interested in sales and branding than addressing existing client experience. Many things are said and implied in the lead up to signing a contract - very salesy, positive outlook, we will work with you etc etc. Once you sign the contract, you have little or no ability to give feedback about your experience or escalate your concerns - which is why I'm posting this.

@IJL - the only thing that will make me feel better about my experience with you is a full refund of my money (which I won't get). I do expect that you will continue to provide service for the duration of my contract which will conclude at the end of March. Please let me know if this diverges from the timeline you are tracking. If you choose to provide better service, I will consider changing aspects of my review. It's very sad to see a service that is positioned to make the world a better place and chooses not to.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are regretful that you did not enjoy your membership as this is not the norm with IJL. We have shared your message with your local office who will be in touch to address your concerns further. Thank you!

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2023

They interviewed me for 2 hours on what I am looking for. And promised they have a LOT of qualified candidates. Over a month later, they set me up with someone who was the exact opposite of everything I had asked for, didn't live close-by, had several kids, didn't have a meaningful work, picked up 3 phone calls during one hour lunch and halfway through asked me to stand up so he can take a look at my body and made me awfully uncomfortable! Then immediately I asked for contract cancellation and refund and they didn't respond and did not refund.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2023

Well I had a horrible experience it's just lunch because I only get one match every month and it's seems that woman don't know what they are looking for in a man. All woman keep saying to me good luck and not a good match that's why I never had a chance to get a second date from any woman. I mean it's all about wasting money and wasting time. I'm sick and tired of rejection by the wrong woman and I'm tired of woman playing games on my time. I can't believe I had to pay $99 every month. I don't understand why and I paid $1500 to get started my membership with It's Just Lunch! This is why I been frustrated and depressed about my bad dating experiences with these woman and I tried online dating apps and speed dating events and going to a bar to meet a good woman but unfortunately it's still not working out for me. I feel like I will be single forever and I'm not paying another membership anymore.

Pinned

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your local office will reach out to you to address your concerns. Thank you!

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2023

I enjoyed the restaurant that he had chosen. Lengthy conversation roughly around 3 to 4 hours. We did get to know each other enough that we realized we weren’t the perfect match. At the end of the date super nice offered the bottle of wine we drank together.

Pinned

We love to hear this great feedback! Keep us posted on how it continues to go!

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2022

Sarah V - professional, attentive to details, good follow-up, personal, polite, thoughtful, genuine, caring, considerate, interested in making good things happen for the client, initiates, truly desires to satisfy the IJL client. I appreciate Sarah's best faith efforts. I recommend Sarah to clients of IJL.

Pinned

Thank you for the positive review of your matchmaker!!

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2022

Eugene from IJL provided excellent customer service. He took the time to listen to what I was looking for in a good match for me. He also let me know information about any potential match and why he felt they would be good for me to get to know.

Pinned

We appreciate the great feedback and look forward to your upcoming date!

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2022

Not a good experience!! Stay away - I promise you - you will have better luck and spend your time and MONEY more wisely with a dating app. I was told to there were plenty of prospects in my age with my criteria before I signed up. After I enrolled and paid ~$5K, I was told by a different matchmaker that there were virtually zero prospects and hopefully they would sign up more soon. I was provided only three dates in 11 months - well below their "plenty" expectation. Moreover, I cycled through four different matchmakers, and each one asked me the exact same questions. Either it was not captured the first time, or they did not bother to read it. They even set me up on a date with a woman that was moving out of state the next week. Furthermore, after my first date, I was high pressured into spending an additional $10K for an inclusive "club" with very specific dating rules. They could not even live up to the original contract, why would I expect any different outcome! Then, after I complained, I was repeatedly told a matchmaker would call me back in a week, and many times I waited over five weeks for a call - only to be told they still did not have a date for me. I complained and escalated, but was offered zero resolve: "nothing we will do for you, even though IJL stated we had plenty of options for you." I am actively persuading everyone I meet that has an interest to NOT sign up. I was lucky to convince one person already. I will continue to tell everyone of my terrible experience and hopefully, they will save money.
    Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns about your membership, we do apologize you did not enjoy your dating experience. Please contact us at 954-990-2033 if you would like to discuss your concerns further as our Client Experience Manager did contact you to address your concerns. Thank you.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2022

Do yourself a favor and do NOT waste your time and money on this scam! I’m writing this lengthy review in hopes that no one else will have to go through the negative experience that I went through. I had done IJL about 10 years ago without success. When they called me in October of 2020 to see if I wanted to try it again, they were able to talk me into it, as we were in the middle of a pandemic, and I was unable to go out and meet people organically. I expressed my concerns that they could not ask members about their political affiliation. I struck gold with my first matchmaker, Amy.

She said she was good at asking the right questions to find that out without directly asking about it, and indeed she was! She also listened to me when I said I didn’t want to date anyone that had kids. She is no longer with IJL, which is a travesty, because she is the only matchmaker that I worked with that I felt really understood what I was looking for. At one point, she sent a match, whom we’ll call T. I expressed interest in meeting T, but T never responded when she reached out to him about meeting me.

Debbie reached out to him 2.5 weeks later, and after he finally expressed interest in meeting me, she called me to tell me as much. I asked what had taken so long for him to respond, and she said something about Amy reaching out to him, and since Amy wasn’t his normal matchmaker, he just never responded. When his normal matchmaker, Debbie, reached out, he actually responded. She said that sometimes these guys need a bit of hand-holding, that sometimes you have to mother them a bit.

This is not the kind of man I want to be with! I expressed this, but Debbie kept pressuring me to go out with him. Debbie also matched me with a man who was completely on the opposite end of the political spectrum from me, exactly where I didn’t want my matches to be. He even made racist comments on our first date, and it was more upsetting than anything. She also sent me on a date with a guy who reached out three weeks after our date. After the “Hey, how are yous” were out of the way, he asked me if I wanted him to send me a ** pic. I asked for a new matchmaker at this point because Debbie didn’t listen to what I was looking for nor did I feel that she understood me.

A new matchmaker sent me out with a guy whom we’ll call J. J was the only guy I went out with on more than the initial date, but after a few dates, it was clear to me that we were meant to be friends. He got anxiety when we were close together, and when I told him I felt like we should just be friends, he did express that he got nervous with the romantic aspects, as he had never had a romantic relationship before. I was also sent on a date with another guy who was 30 minutes late and seemed like he was ** out of his mind. In between those dates, I was also sent matches who had kids, which was something that I had very clearly expressed was not a good match for me.

The last matchmaker I worked with told me that my membership was coming to an end and asked me if I wanted to renew it. I told her that I didn’t. Then I got a call from Diane who asked me yet again if I wanted to renew my membership. When I tried to tell her that I was very disappointed in my first experience with it and that I wasn’t going to waste anymore time and money on renewing my membership, she tried to gaslight me and tell me that I wasn’t open to love. She told me the life coaches there had 20+ years of experience at matchmaking, essentially blaming it on me that my first go around didn’t work, instead of acknowledging that the matches I was sent were not good matches or men that I could have a serious relationship with.

I expressed that I didn’t want to renew my membership, and she told me I wasn’t being invited to (even though that’s why she called me in the first place!). It was a very upsetting conversation, and I hope that no one else has to go through what I went through with Debbie, Diane, and my whole experience with IJL. I regretted my decision to buy a membership on multiple occasions and tried to get a pro-rated refund to no avail. If you are reading this, please don’t put yourself through this! It’s not worth the time or money at all!

Pinned

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience. A member of our team will review your concerns and reach out to you to discuss them further.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2022

My matchmaker Eugene is fantastic. I would recommend It’s Just Lunch to all of my friends. He really takes his time picking dates and stays in touch with me even if there isn’t someone to match me with. I’m very pleased with the service and can’t wait to see where the journey ends.

Pinned

We are elated to hear you are enjoying your experience and than you for your patronage!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2022

I won’t bore you with the all details but based on my experience I would advise against any association with IJL. I was misled about the availability of potential “dates” in my area… follow up on the epic failure of the date they did set up for me was nonexistent and any reasonable request or question about the short comings of their service were simply ignored… There is no brick and mortar location in my area so I was left to deal with an 800# and an email address and they simply chose not to respond at all… The “membership” fee is very pricey and if you’re unhappy with their service it’s just too bad… I fought to get my $ back but many people have lost thousands to IJL. Unprofessional in their business practices bordering on fraud and zero customer service.

Pinned

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the experience thus far as this is not the norm. Once we have a final resolution in the dispute you initiated, we will reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you!

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2022

They LIE about their dating pool, and defrauded my out of $3,400. I signed up for the "12 date (2 dates per month)" package at a cost of $3,400 after hearing their grandiose pitch about how great they are and they have so many wonderful potential matches for me. It's been 3 months and they have not sent me even one match that lives within an hour of me, let alone matches ANY of my preferences (of which I only gave them 3 anyways). Btw, I live in South Florida - Miami area. Big city. If they can't find any matches in Miami, what does that say about their service in any other city?

I told them to cancel and refund, they refused and then had their customer service team leave me a THREATENING voicemail (throwing the "contract" in my face, no refund policy, etc). Said they will "continue servicing my account". I denied the charge with my credit card company, and the dispute is ongoing, it's been several months. Biggest headache and completely avoidable. DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR, AVOID - AND DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Pinned

Andrew, we would love to discuss this with you further, however you have requested we not contact you. Please reach out to us at customerservice@ijlcorp.com to coordinate a time. Thank you!

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2022

Great matching experience- provides a variety of age groups but all are active, travel and well versed in life. All qualities I am looking for in a partner. My only negative feedback is that for the review of my date there is no place to write a negative experience or what I found did not work for the date. I understand you are trying to keep the expectations positive but some negative feedback would be helpful to narrow down potential matches as well.

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for being an IJL Client!

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2022

Before signing up I was very specific about what I was looking for. Almost halfway through my experience and they have provided only one candidate of seven that was even close. My matchmaker continues to dismiss my concerns. She says she is the one that is supposed to contact me, but only once has it been her. The next date in three weeks is a foot shorter than me. I keep telling them my desire and they are ignoring what I want. Their only desire is to meet the number of dates they have committed to provide. The idea is supposed to be that the candidates are pre screened. The first date they actually sent me on, they talked about how active she was. 15 minutes into Lunch, she tells me she doesn’t like to go outside in the summer. She doesn’t like the heat and can’t swim. When they sell you they are not honest about what they actually provide.

Pinned

Hi, please confirm your name, email and phone number you have on file with IJL as we are unable to locate you as a client and wish to address your concerns. Thank you.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2022

My Executive Match Maker (Elliot) did an amazing job. He truly analyzed my likes and dislikes, and matched me with a beautiful woman who met 80-90% of my primary likes. He worked closely with me to arrange the date quickly, but at the same time giving the both of us ample time to prepare for it. My date with her was the best: great conversation and dinner lasting a little over 3hrs. She and I are looking forward to having our second date soon.

Pinned

We love to hear this feedback, thank you for sharing!

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2022

Bryanna carefully listened and understood my unique situation, reviewed my account details, provided empathy and explained clearly the real terms and conditions of my contract, specifically with regards to matches, which I wish I received up front. Overall, the conversation was enlightening and positive experience, and it sounds like she is able to point me in the right direction to provide some form of resolution or rectify the situation.

Pinned

We are happy to hear you were able to work with a team member, address your concerns and continue to enjoy the dating process. Thank you!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2022

Updated on 04/22/2023: It’s closing in on a year since I laid out $2400 for their matchmaking services, I’ve yet to receive a qualified match, yet to hear from management after repeated requests and it’s been more than a month since their last correspondence. They misrepresented their office location stating they had one in my area. They have shuffled me around between their matchmakers, so there’s nothing personal. I’ve repeatedly requested that I either receive the services I paid for it my money back and I am ignored on both accounts… Don’t waste your time or your money.

Original: I have never had a worse experience with a company that I paid such an incredible amount of money for their services. I signed up for their matchmaking services six months ago. I have experienced nothing but hostile, bullying staff. The current match maker I deal with is nothing but confrontational, insisting that I go on dates with men who I clearly am not interested in. She routinely speaks over me during our phone conversations. I have yet to have one date, the one and only gentleman that has sounded promising in this six month period, scheduled at a time that did not work for me and I confirmed that with my matchmaker. She acknowledged the conflict and then failed to tell the gentleman who ended up showing up to meet. I then received a voicemail wanting to know why I didn't show up... This has been exhausting, disappointing and frustrating.

Don't waste your money or your time. I have literally spent hours on the phone with these people and it has been nothing but **. I truly don't believe they actually try to do any real match making, you get shuffled around between people and notes are not shared, they provide very few details on your 'matches' and get angry when you don't accept them. It has been anything but pleasant and at this point I'm going to keep fighting to get my money back. I'm just trying to warn everyone so you're not caught in the same trap.

Pinned

We regret to learn you have not enjoyed your experience. Your matchmaker is currently hard at work on your next date and will contact you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2022

Debra is patient and kind. She really cares about finding great matches. After only a couple of dates I found someone I’m interested in seeing more. You have to be thoughtful about what you do want, what you don’t want and also what you’re ok with in a partner. It’s nice to have someone on your side.

Pinned

We are so excited to hear this!!! Absolutely keep us posted on how things are going!

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2022

I’m not entirely happy with the overall IJL experience but Deborah is my best match maker to date. She listens and tries to find the right match. Matches have turned out not to be entirely truthful in their survey responses. I can’t fault matchmakers for that.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2022

In recent communications Hazel has been much more engaged. It could be the fact that she inherited me from Monique and I fell through the cracks at first. My experience has not been good as far as the matches did not fit or were too busy (not your fault) so I am hopeful for the remainder of my contract.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2022

Don't do it. They talk a great talk, but they have no better match making skills than you do. It's super expensive, though from what other dates have said their pricing is all over the map depending on what they think they can get from you. I had a couple decent dates, but way too many dates with men that did not at all match up with what we had discussed. And a few that I actually felt mad that they even wasted my time with. I'm sure Cleveland has a small pool of people, so maybe in NYC or a bigger market it's worth it, but for me...I'd run and save your money. I have had much better luck with Match.com than I did with IJL. I will say the people you work with are super nice, but watch out during their sales pitch....They will say "oh, I already have someone in mind that I think will be perfect". Yeah, well, that one guy will be good, but...the others...not so much.

Pinned

We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your experience. We will pass your note along to a local team member who will reach out to address your concerns. Thank you. IJL

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2022

I have had a great experience so far with It’s Just Lunch. My Matchmaker Sarah has been wonderful. I’ve had one for State so far with Andy and we exchange numbers and discussed a second date. Just a waiting for that to happen. I have a second date already set up with another gentleman in January. I’m hoping 2023 brings the love of my life through. It’s just lunch. I’m excited for the adventure to continue. Thank you for your expertise in getting to know me and finding great male matches you feel will align best with what I’m looking for in a husband! :)

Pinned

We look forward to hearing more about Andy, in the mean time we are hard at work on your next fun first date! Thank you for being an IJL client!

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2022

After a few matchmaker placements and feelings of disappointment with lack of communication on the process, I was placed with Eugene. After an honest conversation regarding expectations, Eugene not only understood but actively listened to my thoughts. It was a real conversation without "fluff" and I respected that especially in continuing a working relationship with an organization. What is special about Eugene is how he started matchmaking. He continues to use that sixth sense gift to bring individuals closer to long lasting relationships in any capacity.

Pinned

Thank you for your wonderful words about your matchmaker. He (and the entire IJL team) is truly your advocate in dating and we look forward to our continued relationship.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

'It's Just Lunch' was a waste of time and money, especially for the price the consumers pay. 4 of the 6 guaranteed "dates" were some of the worst dates I've been on. After providing feedback from the first date, which they claim helps them in the 'matchmaking process,' the following three dates were even less aligned with the characteristics I was looking for in a partner. During my initial conversations, I was very clear in stating I did not want children, nor did I want my partner to have children. When I received the call with a description of my third "match," the "matchmaker" I spoke with shared that the potential match they wanted to set me up with had two children. When I reiterated to her that I did not want children and my partner having children was a deal breaker, the "matchmaker" had to audacity to ask, "Are you sure? I think you would be a great match!"

How would we be a great match if the guy has children, and I was clear in stating I do not want them?! It was at this time it became abundantly clear to me that they're simply just matching me with anyone who is available; they are a business and the "matchmakers" are salespeople who have a quota to meet (a guarantee of 6 dates during the 6 month contract), rather than actually putting forth the effort to find someone who would legitimately be a good match. On SEVERAL occasions, I thought about just not showing up to any of the remaining dates because I was so frustrated and disappointed in the dates and the effort being put forth, especially for what I was paying.

My fourth date was several years older than the max age I requested, but the loophole there came when they failed to tell me how old he was, and it was my miss to not ask the question at the time of the date confirmation. My fifth date was a smoker, which was another deal breaker I shared with them at the beginning, and when I provided that feedback, I was told they 'didn't know'; and admittedly, I put zero effort into the final date, simply because I was mentally done, and just so excited to be done with my IJL contract. If I could give zero stars for this review, I would; I would NOT recommend the IJL experience to anyone.

Pinned

We regret to hear you did not enjoy your experience dating with IJL. A member of the local office will reach out to address your concerns. Thank you!

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

I wish I had read more reviews about It's Just Lunch and fully read the contract before signing up and paying the fee. Now I'm stuck, out thousands of dollars, and realizing too late I've been scammed. I asked before I signed up how they found the people they match you with and was told it wasn't JUST their own clients. Even in the paperwork they say that they source clients. But that is a LIE!! They will only match you with paying clients. The majority of their clients are older men. It should have been a red flag to me that they say they REQUIRE Women to date men up to 10 years older than them. Men are NOT required to date people older, and only after I paid was, I essentially told that they would only be looking to match me with older men. This feels incredibly predatory.

I signed up for it because the person selling me the services made it sound like it wouldn't be an issue, that I could say I wasn't ok with being matched with men 5 years + older than myself and there were enough men in their system they could accommodate that. But it was a LIE. If you want to sleep with your father, or your father's best friend, this is the service for you. If you do not have phycological issues and don't want to be preyed upon by older men run, RUN as far away from IJL as you can! Unfortunately they pressure you to sign the contract right there on the phone with them. So I didn't have time to thoroughly read it. They e-mail it to you and want you to open it and sign it RIGHT THEN with them on the phone, which doesn't give you time to read it. So I didn't see the part that waives your right to hire a lawyer.

If you have any issues with their services, you first are supposed to address your issues with your matchmaker. If the matchmaker can't solve the issues, then you have to go talk to the Customer Service Manager or IJL VP of Executive Matchmaking so they can gaslight you. And your matchmaker turns over so even if you do have a conversation with them and feel like maybe next time things will be better - next time it's a totally different person contacting you! So all that personal information you just gave to the last matchmaker is not lost. They basically write what THEY think was important about your first 30 minute conversation into a computer, checking some boxes, and then will use a computer to match you with people based on the boxes they checked.

Half of the matches I received were people who didn't match specific criteria I gave that I said was my "must have's" - the reasons I joined the service in the fist place. So either they ignored what they wrote in the computer, or they didn't even record it in the first place. You're much better off paying a friend/family/complete stranger you found yourself online to run a dating profile for you through an app. You'll save money and at least that person will listen to what you say and actually be working for you, not just trying to take your money.

Pinned

Jessica we are disappointed to hear you are not enjoying your experience. A member of our team will reach out to address your concerns via telephone. Thank you!

StaffProcess

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2022

I cannot recommend this enough, the interview was very thorough and my matchmaker took the time to really chat and get a feel for me as a person. Very simple and straightforward process. It takes the guesswork out of potentially dating because they will pair you up with someone who wants the same things as you. The service is perfect for the modern world of dating, and I would sign up again in a heartbeat. I had more success finding someone in 3 dates than I did in 5 years of meeting people off of Match or eHarmony. Thanks to It's Just Lunch I have found my partner and equal, who I plan to spend the rest of my life with. I am so grateful and hope more people decide to give them a try. I guarantee if they can just be patient that they won’t regret it. I signed up in May and by October I’m in a committed relationship.

Pinned

We are elated to hear you met your special someone and are so happy for you both!!! Our enter team is passionate about our clients and helping them lose their single status!!

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2022

Dates have gone well. Working with my matchmaker, Debra S. has been very smooth as she is very knowledgeable and has assisted me with the whole process of getting back into dating. Matches have all been well thought out and the dates were fun. Looking forward to working more with Debra.

Pinned

Thanks James! We look forward to our continued partnership in dating as well.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2022

Prior to Debra being assigned as my matchmaker, I was bumped around with different matchmakers with no notice. The process was "sold" to me as I'd work with the same person from the beginning to the end of my IJL journey. Once being connected with Debra the lines of communication improved; for that I'm thankful. She follows-up and is easy to talk to. I rate my experience with 3 stars because there have been hiccups along the way such as getting "re-matched" with someone I'd already been out with and the date had not gone well. In another instance I was given the impression that the gentlemen had seen my pictures and really wanted to meet me. However, when we met, he had no idea what I looked like which was incredibly awkward for both of us. I'm feeling less and less confident with each date... while also understanding that on some level the ups and downs of this process yield growth.

Pinned

We appreciate your open and honest feedback about the process and look forward to improving your experience.

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2022

They take your money but they don’t return calls, emails. They go mia!! Beware!!! They told me they had alll these high profile clients. Lies!!! They set me up with a guy who stood me up while I traveled far to meet him. The alternative guy was a guy who lived on the other part of the US. I am in NY. They wanted to set me up with a man in Cali. What a joke!

Pinned

We are sorry to hear you this happened to you. We are happy you are working with our Client Experience Manager towards a resolution and look forward to providing a positive dating experience.

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2022

Run away and do not sign up with this company for matchmaking services! They take your money, don't follow up or send you on dates, in fact, the dates don't show and stand you up! The matchmakers are rude and do not listen to your needs. They don't follow up and go for months with zero contact. Do not waste your time or money with this sad excuse of a company. I had 1 virtual date out of the 6-12 promised matches, the date was not a match. Matchmakers are incompetent, rude, and could care less about their jobs. They also lie and gaslight your experiences. They claimed to match me on all these dates and did absolutely nothing! Huge waste of money!

Pinned

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience dating with IJL and appreciate your feedback on the process.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2022

While I don't recommend It's Just Lunch at all, my experience with Elliot as a matchmaker has been wonderful! He is by far the best Matchmaker I have worked with at IJL and I have worked with quite a few. He has a nice, calm, caring energy that is so needed in this line of work. I highly recommend Elliot.

Pinned

Thank you for the open and honest feedback, we appreciate your business and look forward to providing a positive dating experience moving forward.

Contract & TermsPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2022

I signed on to IJL to put some sparkle in my life. What I experienced was disappointment, frustration and anxiety — not just with the lack of dates but that my matchmakers were not easily accessible. I was skeptical that IJT had enough men In my age range available. However, I was given to believe that they had plenty of men in my age range.

I was told that I would receive twelve in person dates, a new date each month unless I choose to take a break. Since I signed the contract on 12/1/20 I have had only 6 or 7 in person dates. My last date was in Mid-March 2022. Several dates with other men were scheduled, but were cancelled by the other party, often on the morning of the date. My skeptical side wonders if these men really were available. After my experience I could never recommend this service. Not only do I feel as if I have wasted money, but more importantly a lot of my precious time.

Pinned

Hi Diane, thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear you aren't enjoying the experience and want to change that or you. Our team will reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you!

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2022

First date was a very accurate. Match with my preferred characteristics. My (1st) date was charming, professional, very conversational, well-traveled and attractive. I thought the match was extremely well thought out. The location for the meeting was a very nice, upscale restaurant. All the planning and coordination was well done. She and I have already communicated since the meeting and I hope to see her again.