3.9/5 (162 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: May 3, 2022

Ford to would like to say I am very impressed. I was doing online dating and it felt like a full time job with almost no return and the the results were, well… Less than desirable to say the least. Have been working with Debra now since August of 2021. And she is impressive. She listens and gives feedback and advice. That matters. I feel very privileged and lucky to be working with her. On my journey to find my love.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for fantastic feedback. We are so happy to hear how well your dating journey is going and for sharing your feedback with us.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I got tired of the dating apps because l wasn’t meeting quality men. Therefore l decided to try a matchmaking service. After speaking with their onboarding person l decided to spend my hard earned $2800 and give it a try. I appreciated how much time my matchmaker spent getting to know me and what I’m looking for but the person that showed up to my first date was nothing like l described. He wasn’t a gentleman, he was dressed down instead of up and he was tired and didn’t really feel like eating. I took time and care in my appearance from head to toe and l could have come in jeans and tennis shoes. Big disappointment. I’m hoping the next date they do better because if this first date is any indication of future dates, then l wasted my money.

It's Just Lunch! response

We deeply apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your concerns are very important to us. We have forwarded your message to our customer service team who will reach out to you.

Original review: April 28, 2022

He has been the best matchmaker I have had with It's Just Lunch! He has set up matches for me that I would have picked for myself, but do not have the time to find for myself. Thank you so very much for the wonderful experience!

It's Just Lunch! response

Erin, thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We thrive on this feedback and providing our clients with a rewarding dating experience.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I wish to commend the exemplary service that I have received from Amy M. of this company. In this day of "electronic anonymity", Amy provides very personal and warm association with her clients. She makes the experience with this company something to be valued rather than something that is unimportant. It is worth our attention to acknowledge the value of being a real person, not just a "voice over the telephone."

Kudos,

Sandra

It's Just Lunch! response

Sandra, we are so glad you are enjoying your experience. We take great pride in the personalization of our service and the sentiment you have conveyed is exactly why we are here. We treat you like a person, not a profile and we are passionate about our clients. Thank you.

Original review: April 25, 2022

It's Just Lunch is great. I have have a great experience meeting other people. The dates were well organized and in great locations. I was informed with accurate information about her prospective date. I recommend this service. The staff at It's Just Lunch are professionals, return phone calls and are proactive. Kevin, my Matchmaker is Awesome! He made the experience enjoyable!

It's Just Lunch! response

We so appreciate your wonderful review. Our matchmakers strive to provide an outstanding client experience and we love sharing these accolades with the matchmaking team.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Another great match from my side. I had a great time. They really do a wonderful job trying to set you up with someone who's a good fit. So far, 2 great first dates. I am grateful, and even if nothing works out with this particular match, I feel the experience with her was well worth it. So hard to find quality dates nowadays, and she was definitely a quality, hard-working person, that I enjoyed being matched with. Let's see where things go!

It's Just Lunch! response

What fantastic feedback! Ajay, it means so much to us to know how much you are enjoying your experience. Thank you for sharing.

Original review: April 25, 2022

After 4 years on dating apps, with enormous frustration and little success, I decided to give It's Just Lunch a try. I was a bit nervous, but after speaking with 2 from the company, I was ready. I had a to wait a few weeks for my first date, but it was well worth it. My date was in a totally different league than those I had met online. We connected immediately over dinner, sharing stories about our children and laughed lots. We exchanged numbers and had a second date 3 days after the first. Date #3 is already set for next weekend! I don't know what the future will bring, but my matchmaker knocked it out of the park from the start. I am very grateful. If this match turns out not to work, I won't hesitate to turn to IJL again.

It's Just Lunch! response

Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your story and experience. It means the world to us to know what a difference It’s Just Lunch is making for you!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I hired a matchmaker at It's Just Lunch. Amy is wonderful. She’s a great listener and has a great sense of humour. She has worked really hard to find me some eligible dates. I really love Amy’s confidence and positive attitude. She gives thoughtful feedback and is always available to listen to me. Thank you for a great experience thus far!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review about your experience. We love hearing this and cannot wait to share your terrific words with the matchmaking team!

Original review: April 20, 2022

Patricia has done an excellent job at matching my interests to those I've been placed on dates with! She has also been a great source of counsel and advice as I go through this process. I'm going on a 5th date with one of my matches on Friday! Thank you, Patricia.

It's Just Lunch! response

It is so wonderful to hear your amazing feedback and we are ecstatic about your upcoming (5th!) date! Happy Dating Megan!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I have had a good experience working with all the Executive Matchmakers. All are very positive and are motivated to find a good match for me. In addition, I think they do a good job focusing on the characteristics that I am looking for in a woman. I know it takes time and I am trying to be patient.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! We will make sure to share this with the matchmaking team as they continue their amazing work.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Marc has been an overall superstar of a matchmaker; this person has managed to pull miracle after miracle on short notice. Marc has gone above and beyond the call of a matchmaker and was borderline life coach and travel advisor on some occasions. With short notice of my travels, this man, this legend, has managed to set me up with matchES so I don’t travel blindly. This has happened enough times where this act is now referred to as the “Hand of Marc” where the miracles happen when he gets involved.

Marc is my 4rd matchmaker from IJL and overall 7th matchmaker I’ve dealt with, and he was the first and only one to take the time and connect like a person, rather than just a quick matchmaker. That being said, my experience with IJL was not so positive, but my experience with Marc was something REALLY enjoyable. He would be the most relatable and take the time to get to know me and thoroughly advise on matches. After some conversations with him I am confident that he understand me more than any other matchmaker I experienced, as I feel he sees me more than words on my profile. Not only does he have the background information of my profile, but he also has experience in my mannerisms, communication and general “human” personality, not to be confused with “applicant” personality.

My experience with IJL started rocky, and after 9 months of membership, poor communication and lack of matches, I lost faith in the service as my previous matchmakers, which a new one would reach out randomly, would only reach out on rare occasions, giving me a feeling of being forgotten and cast aside. Once I started connecting with Marc, I had the feeling that there was hope in the matchmaking services as long as he was my point of contact. In the past month I have communicated with Marc MORE than all other matchmakers COMBINED in the previous year. He gives me a feeling of being human and having hope in the service as he took the time to know me for me. I KNOW if he is involved, my match and I, won't just be gold standard, but hold a “unicorn” status to each other. Something that has only been seen in movies. I’ve been able to meet 3 unicorns before signing up with IJL and I just know that with Marc we could meet more.

At first I was content with searching in my local city, and I was insistent in staying in Toronto, but after connecting with Marc, and knowing that he is my matchmaker I have expanded to all of North America. He has instilled a sense of hope that that I lost with the service. With Marc I feel as though I am more confident to push my boundaries looking for that Unicorn; since being his client, I’ve had a greater level of “hope” and feeling of being human that I feel I can push other boundaries of my professional and personal life as I know my love life is in expert hands.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for your terrific review and for sharing your experience. As we say at IJL, "Matchmaking isn't a job. It's our passion!" and your review is a glowing example of IJL's matchmaking passion at work.

Original review: April 13, 2022

IJL was the worst experience I've had with a dating service. They over-promise anything in the beginning to get you to sign up. In a year, they only sent me on 2 dates, 1 of which was horrible and the person it was with I wouldn't wish on anyone. I went through 3 different matchmakers at that time and they put my account on hold twice when I expressed many times how dissatisfied I was. They refused to give me my money back only saying that they would put it on hold and wouldn't search for matches.

Pointless because you only have 180 of hold time. They never stayed in touch with me to keep me updated throughout the process. I had to call them continually to see what the status was. In truth, they did not have enough males in my market (Louisville, KY) to match me with. When I confronted them about this, they just said I was picky and needed to lower my standards to get some sort of a match. I don't recommend this company to anyone - you would be wasting thousands of dollars. Stick to the paid apps...I've had much better luck there.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so disappointed to hear this. Your concerns are very important to us and we will expedite this matter to our customer service department who will contact you.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Kevin's tone of voice is always full of Joy and very respectful. All of his messages on the telephone and e-mail are so service focused to me and signs of a Great Listener. I have asked him to stay with me for consistency. I am a therapist and a social worker. The relationship is vital. Having inconsistency in the match maker is not good to find a person in my eyes. Kevin has respected that. We have been able to narrow things of importance to me the more I get myself out there. Most of my friends have been married to one person and are still married for over 35 years. I have not even thought about any sort of a IJL recommendation to another person.

It's Just Lunch! response

Kim, thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying your experience with IJL and your matchmaker and we look forward to continuing your wonderful experience going forward.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I apologize as I tried to find an order number; yet was unsuccessful. Even though the match chosen for this particular date ended up not being my type, I would have to agree with my great personalized matchmaker that he was a good fit on paper and that we looked like a great match. Even though he wasn’t for me, the experience was great as this is real life. However, sometimes you just never know! One needs to just try again! It’s all great and I absolutely feel my IJL matchmaker has my best interest at heart! I can’t wait to learn what’s next! All my best!

It's Just Lunch! response

Hello Gina, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and review. I can speak for the entire team when I say how much we appreciate your trust in your matchmaker, IJL and our process. You are correct, your matchmaker does have your best interest at heart, and in providing you with the best experience possible!

Original review: April 10, 2022

It's Just Lunch is a great way of meeting new people if you are searching for a serious relationship. Nowadays, it's more and more difficult meeting people organically. The It's Just Lunch Team truly care and want you to be successful. I would highly recommend.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi David, thank you so much for your terrific review! It is great to hear your positive feedback! We will be sure to share your kind words with our team.

Original review: April 7, 2022

The recent match was great, we talked as if we knew each other already. Looking forward to learning more about her! Restaurant was a bit fru fru, and almost all vegetarian, and we are both meat eaters... We both laughed about it, but found something good, it was a nice atmosphere and we had a great time!

It's Just Lunch! response

James, we are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your date! Thank you for taking the time to share.

Original review: April 5, 2022

3 months and I have never met anyone. When there is a glimmer of a date, they are never available within an hour. I live in NYC and I don’t see how it is possible to not be able to provide me with even ONE meeting in this timeframe. My consultant will never respond to a call, possibly an email. I had questions at the beginning with never a response back. It honestly feels like an online dating scam. I signed up for this service, and paid, to avoid this type of issue, and the disappointment is real. A lot of time, money and hopes for this to be successful!!!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We apologize that your experience is not meeting your expectations. We will forward your message to our customer service team who will reach out to you.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I joined this dating site as another, more personal, way of meeting someone. I spoke with James initially and he was so excited, had numerous men in mind for me and was an amazing salesman. He introduced me to Missy, my matchmaker and here is where the fun begins... she doesn't respond to emails until days later; sends me "matches" that are nowhere near what I was looking for; gives absolutely no feedback after the mismatches. I feel like I was totally scammed and if I don't hear from you quickly, I have a meeting set up with my lawyer. They are not following their own rules they have listed in their contract. They should be ashamed of themselves.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for your message. Your concerns are very important to us and we deeply apologize for your dissatisfaction. We have forwarded your message to the customer service department.

Original review: March 30, 2022

After 6 months, I've had 4 matchmakers that they never contact me; I have to find out when I reach out to them and then find out the old one has left. In that time, I've been presented with 5 men; they either bailed, weren't available for weeks, were out of the area, not remotely what I am looking for or, in the case of the one date I did go on, lived hundreds of miles away, isn't close to being a match, and he claimed he was none of the things I'd been told. Turns out they lied to him about me, too! They do no background checks so how do I trust them to set me up with a real person? I'm scared for my safety. Having spent $ thousands on a service that's worse than anything I could have imagined, and not getting any better, I am sorry I ever did this. I wish I'd believed the poor reviews; lesson learned. I'd never do this again.

It's Just Lunch! response

Robin, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We regret to hear you have not enjoyed your membership thus far. The manager of the Seattle area has been trying to reach you to discuss further. We look forward to working with to resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: March 29, 2022

My experience with this company has been terrible. Grab your wallet and Run. Don't waste your time or money. They will promise you they have "quality matches" nope. My last date, he was married. They knew this, it was the second thing he said to me when he sat down. They say they have eligible people, they don't, I drive a minimum of 1.5 hours to have a drink with men I have nothing in common with. They lie.

First date. The match maker told me he had 4 kids, he told me he has 9. I'm matched on who they have in their system, not someone that shares my interests. All the dates have gone like that. They ignore emails and phone calls. I'm sticking it out because I've paid them, I know these "dates" have nothing in common with me and there is NO hope of even a second date, but I paid, they refuse to refund me, despite multiple requests, and I'm going to drag the matchmaker thru the hellscape this nightmare has become. I have left reviews everywhere I can think of and reported them for fraud to the FBI. They're that bad. Save your money, spend it somewhere, anywhere else.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are happy to hear you accepted your next date Brad. We have your availability and are working to schedule your date. Your Matchmaker will be in touch soon. Thank you!

Original review: March 28, 2022

Updated on 05/10/2022: Once again, I am disappointed with the lack of performance and broken promises with IJL (It’s Just Lunch). I was promised 14 dates in a twelve-month period with an Arizona Private Search DIAMOND contract costing almost $**. Statistically, that equates to 1.17 dates per month and at this point I should have received 10.5 dates. I am now entering my tenth month of membership. After completing nine months, IJL only delivered a whopping four dates. Statistically, that equates to only .44 dates per month. Doing the math, your overall score is 38%, which is a Big Fat “F-.” After all, if my college GPA (Grade Point Average) was only 38%, I would have definitely ‘flunked out.’

On March 28,2022, I posted a very negative review on Consumer Affairs and made a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau, (BBB). This triggered a change in matchmaker and a response from Mike E, a Client Experience Manager. I was able to actually voice my concerns to Mike on April 11, one month ago. I was promised:

- Things would improve and I would get more quality dates in order to properly fulfill IJL’s promises. Today’s date is May 10, 2022. My last introduction was April 7, (over a month ago), and last date was April 15, (almost a month ago). Clearly, this has not happened.

- I was ‘stood up’ twice in 2021 without any explanation. There is no excuse for a woman not to show up to a date. Mike promised me he would look into this and get back to me. Again, this has not happened.

Now, I need to specifically the corrective action IJL will take to remedy this unsatisfactory performance. Enough is enough.

Original Review: It’s Just Scam. It’s Just Lunch (IJL), at best, gets a score of 1 because I am paying for a service that is NOT being rendered. I signed up for IJL in August 2021 with an Arizona Private Search DIAMOND contract. The salesperson, (Adrienne), put on a full-blown pitch, suggesting they had plenty of singles women in my age group they could match with me. It seems they will tell you anything you want to get you to sign the contract and are more interested in snatch and grab that credit card number.

Although they make all kinds of promises, they fail to produce results. I paid almost $** with the promise of 14 dates in a year, whatever occurs later. It's been over 8 months and I've been on only 3 dates. Although I had my first horrible date two weeks after joining, this was my only date in the entire five-month period of August-September-October-November-December. Pathetic!!!

Additionally:
- I was ‘stood up’ twice in 2021 without an explanation. It is plain unacceptable for a date not to show up … period. There are accountability and responsibility issues and there should be consequences and repercussions for these actions.

- I was given two additional introductions to set up date. However, soon afterwards, I was informed that neither were available any longer. I believe they were trying to ‘pacify’ me and this was nothing than a stall tactic because frankly they likely didn't have a pool of available single women to present.

I was assigned to a new matchmaker after the general lack of communication and failure to reply on a timely basis with my first matchmaker. I am incredibly disappointed in how things are going with IJL. My advice is to don’t waste your money, time and hopes.

It's Just Lunch! response

Robert, we are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your experience as this is not the norm with IJL. We have shared your concerns with the manager of the Phoenix market and they will reach out to you to talk further. We look forward to our continued relationship.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I have been disappointed with my It's Just Lunch experience. The main issue has been the lack of communication. There was a period of time when I didn't have any communication from my matchmaker for 3 months. I provide feedback from my dates and feedback on my experience and never hear anything back. But if I don't respond for one day, I'm asked if I have time to date or do I want to put my membership on hold. When I tried to talk to my matchmaker they were never available and pushed me off the phone. I had a question about my membership and was just told that's not what my contract said, but wasn't given the section or any guidance. It was like they didn't want to deal with my question.

The worst part of my experience was when a date cancelled and I was never contacted. I went to the restaurant (they sat me so the reservation was never cancelled) and after 30 minutes I called my matchmaker and she said, "I called you to cancel," but she didn't. I paid a lot of money for this service and I feel like how the services are managed is not acceptable. Additionally, all of the dates I have talked to about this have said the same thing, so I know it's not just me.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you have not enjoyed your experience as this is not the norm with IJL. We look forward to talking with you further regarding your concerns and working towards a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: March 19, 2022

Horrible experience. I signed up on December 10, 2021 W. saleswoman named Christi who is very upbeat, energetic and friendly. She explained to me that I was going to be getting two dates per month for seven months for a total of 14 dates. She was very convincing and she sent me an online contract which I guess I did not read very carefully but I did sign it expecting exemplary service for the $** that I paid. I did meet with my matchmaker Kevin over a FaceTime phone calls and went over all my specifications of what I was looking for for a long-term relationship. I described physically what I was looking for emotionally what I was looking for etc. I had a whole checklist. He sent me some photos of which two of the potential dates I was not interested in because they did not meet my specifications. There was one man who did and I wanted to be set up on a date with him.

About an hour before the first date I got an email and a phone call from Kevin that my Jeep had canceled due to a family emergency and of course I was disappointed. I gave him another chance in January. They tried to set me up on another date with the same gentleman who again canceled and said that he was sick. So now it’s February and I have not gone on any dates with this company and I’m dissatisfied with the service. So I give it one more chance and they decide to set me up with a gentleman from New York because I was going up to New York to visit my immediate family and friends for a short little vacation. I reluctantly said yes because I knew I was not interested in a long-distance relationship but I did go on this one date which was the end of February 3 months after I had signed up.

I spoke to Kevin and told him I was not happy with the lack of Professional top notch service that I was supposed to be getting for my $**. He said there was nothing he could do. Then I spoke to Connie in the main office. I believe she works in customer service. Spoke to her a few times and she offered me to “free” aka $** dates and she said I could not get any of my money back that it was a non-refundable deposit of $**. So basically I paid this money and got nothing that I was told I was going to get and I told him I was dissatisfied with his service and was going to take them to small claims court. I was an unhappy customer and they did not care. They said that I signed the contract and there was nothing they could do that it was nonrefundable and I could go to small claims court but because I signed the contract I was not going to get any of my money back.

This company is a scam. They take a very large deposit upfront knowing that they’re not going to give you the service that they described. They make you sign a contract which of course I should’ve read and read the reviews before I sign the contract which I do realize that’s my fault but they in no way are trying to make me happy and all they do is take your money and do nothing for you. Please please please do not sign up with this company at all unless you wanna throw over $** away like I did. I’m going to keep trying to get my money back. I hope I do. I just want to warn you please do not sign up for this company. They will not do anything for you. They are not a matchmaking service or they are is a company that takes your money. It is a big scam! Please do not give them your money. I’ve learned a very big lesson the hard way. Don’t let this happen to you!

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Regina, our Client Care Manager reached out to you to discuss your concerns and we provided you with two complimentary dates. We look forward to arranging your next fun first date!

Original review: March 18, 2022

After seeing their commercials on television and hearing them on radio, I was completely sold on their premise as another alternative than dealing with online dating and apps where I was very interested. After a great conversation with matchmaker Eva K., I felt at ease with her plus, she said that IJL has matches that I want in their database. After paying close to $3,000 (I was given a "Black Friday" discount in November 2021), I was a bit hesitant about signing up because it was pricey, so, I signed up with them thinking this company would help me find the man I'm looking for.

Well, after reading some of the reviews online, I've noticed that a good majority of the reviews were negative where I'm experiencing the same thing like these customers' (matchmakers not honoring their customers' requests by randomly selecting men/women that customers didn't ask for by convincing customers to go out and date these people and of course, the excuse of "sorry, you're under contract and your fee is non-refundable." When I wanted to get out of this program, I called Eva K. and left a message but never returned my calls. When Shaun P. became my matchmaker, I explained and sent photos of the particular men that I'm interested in...Instead, I was receiving photos of men that weren't my type nor wouldn't date.

Apparently, IJL didn't have the men that I'm interested in in their database. If you don't have men that I'm interested in your database, just return my money...end of story. Instead, they will try to find ways to keep you in their program by making promises like "well, it's unfortunate because I've found some great guys for you" or "these are great guys, why won't you date them?...They're a perfect match for you." Oh really?!? How do I know if these men really exist? Are the photos current? After reading some of countless negative reviews about this company, I'm extremely disappointed by making a big mistake investing in this company and I want a full refund from this craziness. Although I haven't been on one single date, the men that my matchmaker has recently presented to me, I trust my instincts.

It's Just Lunch! response

Davonne, we are disappointed to hear you have not enjoyed your experience thus far. We have presented some really amazing men to you, which you have decided not to meet. Your Matchmaker will be in touch to discuss your feedback further as this is an essential part of the process. We look forward to our continued relationship. Thank you!

Original review: March 16, 2022

My matchmaker Amy is awesome! She listens to what I want and sets up the dates. I really enjoy talking about the pros and cons of each date and I can definitely see how she takes what I say and applies it to my next match. She’s awesome!

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate the great feedback on the matchmaking team! We are hard at work on your next fun first date!

Original review: March 16, 2022

I was having trouble with getting women to actually set a date on the online apps. This is taken care of by the staff especially Patricia at It's Just Lunch. They are like your Hitch in the movie. Give it a try.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks Steve! We are here to take all of the work out of the dating process for you! We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 10, 2022

I joined It's Just Lunch in Nashville. Before joining I had two conversations with Diane, the sales agent, in March 2021. She promised me that I would have 24 dates in 12 months, unless I decided to voluntarily put my account on suspension to date the same person. I was ok with that because ideally I'd rather date the same person in a relationship than date 24 different women. I specifically asked Diane if they had enough single women in my age range (53), and she said they did. As it turns out, they apparently don't.

Now almost a year later, I've only had seven dates. The first three dates were within two weeks of each other, as promised. Then it became a month between dates. Then two months. Now I'm waiting three months between dates. I believe they have ran out of options for me. I have never rejected any women they sent me (which counts against your numbers) and I have never put my account on a suspension. Yet I have to wait months in between dates.

In the contract it states if they can't assist you you will be eligible for a pro-rated refund. When I asked my matchmaker about this I was told I "wasn't eligible." Why? I wasn't given a clear reason. They don't want to provide me the dates as promised, but they don't want to allow me to have the pro-rated refund either. When I asked about only having seven dates in 11 months, they said I was "guaranteed" to get 24 dates, even if it took several years. This seems ridiculous and unfair. If I had known that beforehand I wouldn't have signed up. I don't want to have to wait three or four or 10 years to have 24 dates in this service. My last date was Jan. 21, almost two months ago. Before that I had one in mid-October, that was a three month wait. I believe they should provide the dates as promised, in a two-week interval, or provide the pro-rated refund.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Kenneth, thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. Our Client Care Manager and you spoke on March 10th and we are excited to move forward. Your matchmaker is hard at work on your next date and we look forward to our continued relationship. Thank you!

Original review: March 8, 2022

If I could give this company and its service a 0 rating I would! I signed up and paid a very large sum of money during a promotional time for It's Just Lunch at the start of the pandemic May of 2020, for a guaranteed 5 dates or 5 months whichever comes last. I did not want to participate in the Zoom option dating, so they were kind enough to put my account on hold for a while. By December 2020 I had not heard any news about dates or even about the company's policy changes/updates with regards to COVID and all of the lockdowns.

I was growing frustrated to say the least. I had reached out to my matchmaker several times and got no response, so I finally reached out the person who did my initial entrance interview (she was not a matchmaker but someone in administration for IJL), she connected me with another administrator who called me and we were able to sort out some of the issues I was having, which included the lack of communication and no dates (all which were cause by an error on their end). I was assigned to a new matchmaker and informed things would get better. For a while they did, she presented a date option which I graciously declined as I did not find him slightly attractive and some of his values and other hobbies were off putting to me. She then presented me with an option that I said yes to but he decided to go in a different direction (July 2021).

I finally got around to going on a date and it was okay, not perfect but at least getting what I was guaranteed and PAID for (date was Aug of 2021). After that date, I did not hear from anyone for several months, yet again until someone new called me and gave me another date option. This option was promising and I finally went on my second date, again good but nothing spectacular (which I was okay with, that's what dating is). After that date (early December 2021) I did not hear from anyone until February 2022, when yet again another new matchmaker who I had never talked to or given any information to about my preferences called me with a date option. This option was so far beyond my preference list that I was frustrated, I turned down this option.

I was then contacted on 3/8/2022, with what sounded like another date option but was then informed that my account had expired.... WHAT! I had had 2 in person dates and turned down a few options that I was interested in or attracted to and would have wasted time and a date option for.... I was informed by Marsha during that conversation that the 3 dates I turned down were counted into my 5 date total!!!! I was also informed that according to their records I had actually gone on 3 dates (1 Zoom date in 2020 and the 2 in person dates in 2021), I NEVER participated in a Zoom date as I said before I knew I did not want to do that and was put on hold and actually never contacted from May of 2020 (when I signed up and paid) until the end of December 2020!

This company and what it "offers" is such a scam! They charge an INSANE amount of money for what they call personalized matchmaking (all of my matchmaking options were nowhere near what I had expressed I was looking for) and they don't deliver! They then tried to blame me for all the issues, I mean I know I turned down a few date options but I knew I only had 5 guaranteed dates and I didn't want to waste them on options that I was very clearly NOT interested in. NEVER ONCE was I ever told that if I turned down an option that that counted as a date! WASTE of MONEY, TIME and ENERGY!!!! I would NEVER EVER EVER recommend It's Just Lunch or their services to ANYONE, not even an enemy! I WAS SCAMMED completely! Promised so much and given nothing in return!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for your review and time to express your experience with It's Just Lunch. We sincerely regret that you have concerns regarding your membership. We always strive to provide a positive dating experience and ensure our clients are having success in their dating lives. Please contact us at 954-990-2033 or customerservice@ijlcorp.com as we would like to confirm what IJL location you are dating out of and hear from you further to address your concerns.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I joined and my contract was 1 year and # of dates. No fast forward two years later....Also between this I have had 5 MM because of turn over or just inadequate service. I tried to get out of my contract, but that is not an option. Overall the MM don't listen and know their clients too well to match. It's like he has legs, and can read I will match you all... Also the a few of the folks I was paired with were alarming. One person had lied about having a child and I later found out and another....I won't go there... I totally do feel like I wasted some money, but hey it is what it is.

It's Just Lunch! response

Brandy, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We are unable to verify what IJL location you are dating with. Please contact us at 954-990-2033 or customerservice@ijlcorp.com so we can review your concerns with you further. Thank you!

Original review: March 4, 2022

I work with Ryan, and I think he is awesome!! Ryan ensured everything was set up and easy. After the date, he provided some incredible feedback. It was direct and candid feedback, and let's face it, in today's world, we don't have time not to be radically candid. I joined IJL because my time is incredibly valuable, and Ryan cut to the chase. Extreme gratitude for taking time and discussing potential improvements to my style. Ryan is my advocate and he is taking the time to get to know me, and more than just what is written in my profile. Thank you!!!

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate the great feedback on your matchmaker and look forward to your next fun first date!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information