Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

3.8/5 (228 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: March 31, 2021

Obed with It's Just Lunch has been great to work with and made the experience a pleasure. He really pays attention to what you are looking for in a companion and tries hard to find the one for you! Obed puts forth a serious effort to match making and cares about his client's needs and wants.

Original review: March 30, 2021

My account executive Debbie is just what I need. She tells the truth! Yea, she provides introductions to amazing women, but at feedback time she tells me what I need for success unvarnished. Going into the date and out of the date both. I feel so comfortable knowing that she is my guardian angel overseeing my dating experience. Love her!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Debbie is first and foremost a delightful and engaging soul whose professionalism is first class. Just completed my first date and I discovered Debbie nailed it! Think I found my kindred soul thanks to Debbie. She could not be more highly recommended. Absolutely first class.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Debbie is so great at what she does! She understands what people are looking for in a relationship, she is honest, available and smart. When I asked her what for what I was looking for in a relationship she knew exactly what to do!

Original review: March 23, 2021

My initial experience was very negative, the first person I spoke with was thorough understanding what I was looking for, but then I was turned over to a string of different "match-makers" who were unhelpful and unprofessional, So much so, I tried to get a refund! However, Kevin saved the day, as Kevin was very professional & helpful, and introduced me to a great lady!

Original review: March 22, 2021

As a new member of the IJL community, I’d like to give a shout out to my matchmaker, Debbie. We’ve only knowledge each other a brief time, but she’s impressed me with her quick action and ability to identify a suitable guy to meet – in less than 24 hours! Now, that’s impressive! The meeting with the gentlemen went well… Good conversation… However, no sparks. Upon my ride home, I reflected on how nice it was to have the opportunity to meet a nice, intelligent man, enjoy good conversation, while also knowing that I have an advocate in Debbie who is looking for that next potential match. I’m excited to discover who she recommends next.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I have rated this service a 3 because I expected to be sent in more dates. If I was sent on as many as I was promised I would rate it a 5. My matchmaker is doing a good job listening to my needs and trying to improve my experience.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I would rather go slower and get more quality candidates than move to fast. I feel like maybe you are trying show as many candidate at me as fast as possible. I would rather have fewer and better matches. But otherwise, I am happy so far!

Original review: March 19, 2021

Debbie is great. I worked with her a few years ago. She has always been nice but I believe she is now more knowledgeable and helpful than she was before. I enjoy working with her. I look forward to more communication and to see what other dates she finds for me.

Original review: March 19, 2021

It's Just Lunch is a safe and fulfilling way to meet quality men and to get back into the swing of dating, if you are out of practice as I have been. After a very professional interview process, I have been introduced thus far to two men. I considered one of them a quality match and I enjoyed getting to know him. While we did not work out, I benefitted from the match and truly enjoyed the experience. I look forward to meeting my next match in the next few days!

Original review: March 17, 2021

I appreciate Debbie’s willingness to put what is important to me first. She considers quality in matchmaking and delivers. She is easy to contact and always available. It is a seamless process to meet someone with It's Just Lunch. She doesn’t want to throw two people together even if they are not good for each other. She wants to have home runs.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I recently signed up for It’s Just Lunch. I was assigned to my first matchmaker who immediately put me on a date. I expressed some apprehensions as I wasn’t sure she was my type, but he convinced me to go on the date anyway. After completing the date, there was no direct follow up by my original matchmaker for feedback or follow up. I made repeated calls and sent emails to my matchmaker with no responses from him. So I finally decided to call another representative after a week of no contact and was told that I had been reassigned to a second matchmaker.

10 Days goes by and I don’t hear anything from my second matchmaker so I reach out to her via email. She apologized and told me that she did not have my name on her search list. But, she would conduct a search for me the following Monday. Monday comes and no calls so I reached out to the company on Tuesday. And then I am told that I have been assigned to a third matchmaker now. So I leave a message for My third matchmaker to call me so we can move my search along in the process. To date, I still have not heard from anyone in the company nor have I gone beyond the first date that they had arranged. I’m beginning to question the credibility of this company. I was told there were a lot of candidates in my City prior to paying the membership fee. I’ve asked to speak to a supervisor at this point. Let’s see how this pour start he is handled with upper management. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I was skeptical about joining a match making service like IJL as I never had any luck with other dating sites or apps, and meeting girls anywhere else. When I join I was questioning whether I had make the right choice cause the price of my membership was really high. But I decided to give it a try anyway and see how it go. Up to this point I have been pleasantly surprised and happy that I join cause I’m getting to go on face to face dates with girls who are interested in meeting guys like me. I can’t say enough good things about my matchmaker Debbie, she’s been a real professional from the first day I talk to her and really cares about her clients, she takes the time to follow up on her clients after each date. I hope to find that special someone on ijl.

Original review: March 14, 2021

If you are dating in Utah. I do NOT recommend IJL matchmaking services. Not what I expected. Biggest issue with IJL: NO dates. NO matches. NO introductions. I signed up with Julie Y. in the SLC office on 4-2018. I have went on 3 dates total in 3 years time. First date 5-2018, Second date 4-2019, third date 9-2019. That's it. No more matches or dates. One date per year? Crazy... As you can see, the dates are far and few. Who wants to wait that long for a date?

Utah requires IJL to meet new clients in person when they sign up. IJL has an SLC Utah office. But, they rarely use the office. They do not recruit new clients very often. No new clients, Yup that means, No new matches. I want people to know that in Utah, I do NOT recommend IJL services. If you read the other Utah reviews (very few if any) the other clients are saying the same thing. Long long periods of time in between matches. And ya, no refund. Just waiting and waiting for a match to pop up...

Original review: March 12, 2021

It's so nice to have IJL set up the time & place for the "meet & greet". I've been on 2 dates so far and both meeting locations more than met my expectations. IJL does what other dating sites don't do - they screen potential dates to help ensure they are real people. The guidelines and tips they provide are helpful and my dates so far seem to have similar integrity & values as my own. I'm glad I made this investment.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I am very pleased with my results. These are professional woman with a lot of class. If your goal is to hook up. This is probably not for you. If you are looking for a fun date with a beautiful woman who has class and sophistication then this is definitely for you.

Original review: March 11, 2021

So far Kevin set me up with a wonderful woman and the date went well. Hopefully it keeps going in the right direction. Also its good they do their best to find the right one. They ask good questions as well

Original review: March 10, 2021

I totally enjoy working with UDonna even in the pandemic when dating is harder. I appreciate her thoughtfulness and guidance in this online journey and our conversations are always insightful as she understands dating today. Whether you have online dated a lot or just getting started, I think Just For Lunch is well worth the investment. I especially like their getting to know you methods as well as guidance.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I'm a business owner & the mark of a good company is not when everything is going good, but what does that company do when something happens that is not according to plan & IJL people hit a grand slam. Our relationship started out a little rocky, but they fixed it. My first date there was not a connection but we ended up being friends. The second date WOW this lady was better than fabulous. A 20 out of 10. We hit it off and I'm anticipating what the future holds for me with this wonderful woman.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I had a wonderful experience with Debbie as my matchmaker. She was easy to talk to. She listened to my concerns and wants when setting up my matches. Although, I did not find the love of my life, I would recommend It's Just Lunch to anyone that wanted to use a matchmaker to find someone.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Josephine did a great job of matching me up with Ann for our first date. We met at a great little Gastropub in Winter Park. We hit it off really well and are looking forward to getting together again very soon...

Original review: March 4, 2021

The overall experience has been good. My matchmaker Ashley R has been excellent in trying to arrange dates. The follow up with Ashley B has been good also. One area of concern was not being paired with compatible counterparts on the initial 3 dates. However my 4th and last date was surprisingly good. I suppose it is a numbers game.

Original review: March 4, 2021

It was a good candidate. A lot in common, good conversations. The venues selected are always great, never a complaint. Looking forward to additional lunches with Mandy and others. This particular date was an ideal date categorically. More caliber dates like this would be perfect.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Sheri is a wonderful matchmaker!! I hope she truly tries to be on the my side and help me find my match!!! She always tries to call me back when I have a question or problem. Also, she is caring and empathetic to my needs and my feelings.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I think Debbie is wonderful. She is always checking up on me, and asking how everything is going. That means a lot to me. If I ask her for a favor she always does it. I would defiantly recommend her to anyone. I would give her 10 stars out of 5. Debbie is great.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Debbie is a very dedicated professional. She listen to my requirements and match the person with the exact qualities that I am looking for. She is very polite and dedicated to her services. She demonstrated a compassion when I had to postpone a date due to Texas Winter Storm. I could not have requested a better "coach" :). I hope all your employees are like her...

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

The matchmakers at It’s Just Lunch worked very hard to find the right matches for me. They took care of all of the arrangements, and I just had to show up. I met some very nice ladies, but still haven’t met Ms RIGHT. Thank you matchmakers.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I’m happy with my IJL so far. Erin got me started and Ashley has been super and going the extra steps to make sure I’m on the right path of matches just for me. Hopefully I can get my friends involved in the dating services too.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

While I was originally hesitant about joining due to the cost, I am happy I decided to join. My matchmaker, Vanessa, has been very helpful and very professional in her matchmaking approach. The dates provided were well aligned with my interests and preferences.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

My experience with IJL has been excellent so far. Before signing up with them, I had tried a few dating apps and services with little success. IJL took away the stress out of the dating process, especially for someone like me who has been out of touch with dating skills for a long time since I had a good marriage until recently. Their approach is personal and they seem to know me well enough to set me up with the right date. I would recommend IJL with confidence.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information