3.5/5 (117 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Do not try this service. Their customer service is horrible, anytime there is a problem they will bounce you around to different staff so that you don't ever talk to the same people. Their contracts are well written and impossible to get out of. The dates I went on weren't necessarily bad, they could be better but that is the nature of dating, you won't have a connection with everyone. But the service was so not worth it. For several thousand dollars I expect to be treated like people are actually looking out for me. I could have gotten similar dates from free dating apps.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Ladies, let me save you time and money. This company makes all kinds of promises that they don't deliver on. In February of 2021, I paid ** with the promise of 12 dates in a year. It's been 8 months and I've been on 3 horrible dates. I haven't asked for anything out of the ordinary. I didn't put any restriction on ethnicity or location in the country. Ladies, we can do so much better on our own.

They portray the matchmaker as professional and supportive, and nothing could be farther from the truth. The first matchmaker was "out of the office" for months. She didn't return voicemails or emails, and then disappeared altogether. She set me up on 2 dates, one whom she described as a "a perfect gentleman", and he was drunk and smelled. The second matchmaker promised to call me so she and I could get to know each other. I never heard from her again. She set me up on 2 dates, one who cancelled the day of the date. The second date didn't call me after I wouldn't have sex with him that night. And I never heard from the second matchmaker again.

I've asked for my money back and was told that they have a year to fulfill that contractual agreement of 12 dates within a year. So actually they don't have to do anything they promise until the last minute of the contract. So Ladies, learn from me, they don't fulfill the promises they make or the contract they sell you. Go elsewhere, you'll be glad you did.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I have had a wonderful experience with It's Just Lunch thanks to my matchmaker, Ivette. From the beginning, she has evinced much empathy during this process. After the first date, she spoke with me at length to better narrow the focus for my next match. I truly trust her!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

IJL claims to give refunds (less $500 processing fee) if they are unable to find matches for clients. However, when I tried to get a refund after low activity they bluntly refused, several times. I have been a client since February and there hasn’t been any activity on my account in three months. Since February there have been only 4 matches in 8 months.

I am requesting a full refund, however refunds are at their full discretion and they are simply denying it because they “want to continue working with me” (actual words). The contract is deliberately vague, it gives It's Just Lunch full oversight and very little responsibility or accountability to clients for finding matches. The term is for one year or 24 dates, whichever is later, this protects them potentially in perpetuity - and that is an unfair practice. A reputable, credible company would issue a full refund after not being able to provide the services under contract. I’ve been advised by two lawyers to file a complaint with Consumer Affairs so I am doing that. Please help and thank you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Erin has been a great Matchmaker and is very detail-oriented. I highly recommend for these valuable services. It takes a lot of the work out of dating. It's Just Lunch will take the time to get to know you and find out what you are looking for. What do you have to lose?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Thanks to my matchmaker, Debra, I’m in a new relationship with a real gentleman who just adores me. I found him pretty quick, just two matches in. He’s thoughtful and considerate and a great listener. I’m excited for the future!! Thanks IJL! I couldn’t have done it without matchmaking support.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Don't waste your money on this place. All the things they promise are all lies. I read other reviews before I signed up but didn't believe them, boy was I wrong. I am now 4 months into this membership and they only got me one date who turned out to be a complete fake, pretty sure she works for the company as a fake date just so they can say they got you a date. At this rate I will have over 12 dates or more on my final month. Here is what is likely happening, they don't have inventory of women they can match me up to and they won't admit it. They also won't refund you because their contract is so ambiguous. There are better dating services, use those. Don't waste your money on this one.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I used their dating services over 10 years ago. They didn’t have enough men in their program for me to complete it. Since then, I get calls from them ALL the time. I have spoken to them multiple times requesting to be taken off their call list. I told them I am married now and don’t need a dating service. They say they will remove me, but 6 months later the calls start up again. Every time I get a call, I block it. After month or so, I get a call again from a different number. I always know it’s them because they leave a message. Plus, it’s always a Hollywood, FL number. I feel like I am being harassed by this company at this point.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

No need waste your money with It’s Just Lunch dating service. They ended my service after two dates and kept my $2,500. Made it seem like it was my fault they didn’t set up my dates on payday. Don’t do it!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

This business is terrible. They charged me ** for 6 months and they say they will put you on many dates but they don't. And when they do they are bad dates they are old men who are too old to do any activities. They also say they will coach you and there is no coaching. I got 3 dates in 3 months, they do not do what they say. Do not sign up with this company they do not do what they say and you will never meet anyone. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Please Beware not to give your hard eared money to this company. My gave them $4000 only to be set up on a horrible date once in 11 months. She has requested on multiple occasions for a refund, and no one answers her emails or calls. I have personally wrote one of the company heads, Mike E. only to be ignored. They just want the money for very poor service. You could do much better on any other dating site. We are believing this is a scam now.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I joined It's Just Lunch last year with a pkg, I had to call get dates set up, no follow up calls to see how was the date, they set you up with associates, which are not paid members who are not looking for a relationship, just fulfill the date number give you a date 31/2 hours away in a different city and when you decline it goes against you, change of employees who are not ready to listen to you ready to pound on you, ask to speak to a member of mgmt, no one talks to you. Request them to return the call. 31/2 weeks later no call, charge thousands of dollars, do not waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have had very nice experiences with all matchmakers and had a great first date. Hopefully, that will only continue. I know many people are concerned about the cost of this, but from my experience so far it is all worth it.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

My advice to others considering working with this company would be simply, do not do it! My experience with this company has been nothing short of awful. After multiple incidences of miscommunication and downright incompetence, I informed the company that I was no longer comfortable working with them and requested that my service be terminated. They quickly let me know that a refund would not be issued, stating that I had “refused services” which was complete and utter dishonesty. They also accused me of “not giving the membership or process a chance”, after I had invested $2,000 into the service and had nothing but frustration to show for it. In my opinion this company is running an elaborate scam and I would advise extreme caution in working with them lest you also want your money stolen from you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I signed up for IJL the first of the year thinking their service would provide a more professional way to make a romantic connection. I live in St. Louis, years ago IJL had an office locally but now they are centralized in the Tampa, FL area. The sales person put on a full blown pitch, suggesting they had plenty of male singles in my area. Over the last nine months I have been matched with only three men, two of which had never married, were socially awkward and long-time IJL subscribers. Obed, my direct contact, was anything but helpful and spent little time really understanding who I was looking for. After the third failed match, he suggested another match, a doctor, then he said, after presenting him to me he was not available. I believe it was nothing more than a stall tactic because frankly they likely didn't have a pool of available single men to present.

I realize they have their business all legally sewed up, allowing professionals like myself any recourse in this unsatisfactory matchmaking service. The other thing that seems very curious is that their pricing varies greatly among clients, how can they charge such a wide range of fees for their services, given their services are to provide 12 matches over the course of the contract. I should have burned the $2K I spent on this service, what a waste of time. If you are considering this service be sure to ask for references from satisfied customers in your area. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

It is such a refreshing experience to get off the dating apps and work with a friendly, dating professional who wants nothing more than to find the perfect match for you! It is easy and fun to "get out there" with IJL dating.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Obed is great to work with. He takes his time, listens and gets to know me and my needs. I would recommend working with Obed. His job is not an easy one especially in our current times. It is appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I recently joined IJL, and my matchmaker, Debbie, has been a pleasure to work with. She's taken the time to carefully listen to and understand what I am looking for; she's made me optimistic about this process. I trust her insights and am grateful for her help with finding me great matches!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

So far I've enjoyed a great experience with IJL, Obed has been my main match-maker and he's been very prompt and attentive to my questions. He often follows up with both email and phone calls, appreciate his dedication, customer service is top notch!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Just starting with IJL and Debbie H has made the process very simple. I feel at ease talking with her and sharing my feedback. I really appreciate how proactive she is in working with me. I'm looking forward to the next few months.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I decided to go with my better judgment and not pay the $3400 for 12 dates/6 month. That's almost $300 a date and that does not include any additional cost from food/drinks/etc. I did not think it was a good investment of my money even if I could afford it. In addition, very few of the reviews were 5 star which is what I expect if I am spending that kind of money. I let It's Just Lunch! specifically Caroline know that I was no longer interested and wished to cancel my appointment. She refused to accept this as an answer and after I canceled the appointment created a new invite with a time 30 minutes later than the previously agreed upon time without consulting with me. I found this to be very unprofessional and disrespectful. I told her no in a polite way and my justified reasons for doing so.

In addition, she continued to email me repeatedly. I finally blocked her email address only to have her leave a voicemail on my phone few days later and also have to block that number. She made several negative assumptions about my character as evidence by saying that I "was giving up on myself, an over thinker", criticizing me for spending my money on things I find more meaningful and important specifically social causes like helping the homeless which I specifically mentioned in my email as one of the reasons for declining the dating service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Debbie has been an amazing matchmaker to work with! I have kept her busy with schedule adjustments and she has been keeping me busy with the matches... Debbie is always a wonderful person on the phone and very understanding and helpful! Well done Debbie, Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was very hesitant signing up after a bad experience with IJL in the past. The sales rep told me about 6 men in my area that did NOT exist. When the matchmaker contacted me she had no knowledge of the men I was told about, in detail by the salesperson. After numerous attempts at matching me with men outside of my parameters I finally said, "Don't worry about matching me...only call when you think there is real potential." Mike matched me with a date who basically was emotionally and financially incapable. The date was easy to get past but the communication with IJL was truly unbelievable. After many attempts at reaching my match maker Mike and his manager, here I am writing this review. No call, no email. Setting me up with someone looking for a sugar mama and then being ignored by IJL is just unbelievable in this day and age. Do NOT sign up for with this company. It is a bait and switch and they disrespect women.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I had a terrible experience with this service and they completely misrepresented themselves. They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to sign the contract. I was only offered dates who lived an hour away and were not compatible in any way. The more dates I turned down the more pressure tactics they used to try to get me to go on dates with people I was not interested in. My attempts to get a refund were futile and in fact they continued to email and call me about matches when I clearly stated I no longer wanted to use the service. I would hate for anyone else to go through what I went through with this company.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I enjoyed my date with Nancy. We were together for approximately 2 hours chit-chatting about everything and nothing. She was easy to talk to and presented herself well physically and intellectually. We agreed to a second date before we parted company.

Original review: June 15, 2021

In December I called IJL after seeing a friend have a professional experience. With Covid happening I thought it would be a good way to start. I spoke to a woman for over an hour when signing up who took all of my information. I signed up for 3 in person dates unlimited Zoom. However, she didn't tell me it takes 2 weeks to set up a zoom date. As well, the matchmaker assigned to you are all in the state of Florida. My girl was new and had just started. She had no idea of distance and northeast locations. I made it clear no more than an hr drive. So I declined several people living way too far away. NEVER was it said that would be counted as a date. No return phone calls, terrible service all around. And high turnover.

It was the biggest waste of money as I had 1 zoom date and 1 in person, which didn't meet my profile requirements. Afterward I asked for a call and nothing. Once I spoke to the "new" match maker she said, "Nobody told you, your membership is now expired." When I asked to speak to upper management she said, "The customer service manager will tell you the same thing." Very unprofessional. I've been in business management for over 25 yrs, this was extremely disappointing. More so as I referred a new client for them as well, never even a thank you or phone call. Highly disappointed.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Their sales monkeys contacted me several times to get me into their "contract", which is a complete fraud. They just want to take the money and run away. I am surprised that they are not arrested for fraud. They ask for your credit card on the phone before anything! Complete scam.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Debbie has done a great job with matching. Her positive personality is great. I look looking forward to working with her on more matches. I live in Dallas and Debbie found someone that lives in my neighborhood. I have used IJL before and never had a better experience than I had with Debbie.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I had an excellent experience with my date. I am amazed how much we had in common. Thankyou IJL for bringing us together. I'm sure we would not have met without a little help from you guys. I would highly recommend IJL to anyone genuinely interested in having a positive dating experience.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Hello, I have signed up twice for It’s Just Lunch and Debbie has known how to identify very qualified lunch partners. It’s nice to have someone that you can talk to that knows your profile very well. Throughout coronavirus we did not communicate but she still remembered after almost 9 months. She would be the reason I would sign up for another contract with you if I choose to do so.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information