3.6/5 (189 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Short version: It's Just Lunch collected my money and provided very, very unprofessional services or NO SERVICE at all. All recommended matches never covered my criteria by a long shot. It seems they were sending my way all TOTAL opposite matches. Example: request "tall man" - recommendation by the company - short; request "no kids" - recommendation by the company - kids living with; request "not attractive to the guys with no hair (head)" - recommendation by the company - guys with NO hair at all; request "looking for a man who has an active workout schedule" - recommendation by the company - guys never work out a day in their life; etc.... etc....etc....

It's Just Lunch have a really nice game going. You have certain amount of time or dates to go through...and they will recommend anything that is out there, but it is not what you are looking for. I guess it is one way to a make certain that you will renew your contract again (so they can collect a few thousand dollars more). In my case, they told me I need to try everything. Really? I am over fifty years old. I did try everything. That's why I am reaching to you to help me in your area of expertise. But.. it is NO level of expertise or service. Warning!!! Do not use It's Just Lunch if you are really looking for a serious relationship match. It is a number of other dating companies who are really care about outcome.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience dating with IJL as we strive to provide a positive dating experience to all of our clients. We have shared your feedback and concerns regarding your past membership with our team. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Worst matchmaking service ever, matchmakers suck, worst communication from matchmaking professionals ever. They took forever to make matches, weren't organized when a matchmaker left, I had to switch matchmakers so many times. Never use this company, they truly suck.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed your third membership with IJL, as this is not the norm and our goal is to provide a positive dating experience. We look forward to your feedback after your upcoming date this week. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I am satisfied with the quality of matches I am getting. However I would like to see less waiting time in between matches because the holidays are coming and I don't want to be alone during such a time.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for your feedback. We are absolutely focused on quality dates, not quantity and want to ensure we put the right candidates in front of you for quality and fun first dates. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I paid almost $4,000 in July 2022; I was set up on ONE date in August with a guy who was a NON-PAYING member; I have yet to be set up on any other dates since (as of this writing in October 2022). I understand that maybe there aren't enough people to match me with, but ignoring my e-mails/phone calls is NOT the way to deal with this very unsatisfied customer. I was told I would be set up on 24 dates for the year. At this rate, how is that supposed to happen when my membership expires in July 2023? RIDICULOUS.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Linda, we appreciate you reaching out and expressing your concerns regarding your membership. We are sorry to hear you are not enjoying your experience as this is not the norm with IJL. We will contact you via phone to address your concerns above and work towards providing a positive dating experience. Thank you for being an IJL client.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I feel safe with my dates. I have used another online dating service and there are some weirdos and people who are out to get your information for whatever reason. I don't give out my email to strangers and this company protects me and my information.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate your feedback and your business!! We look forward to your next fun first date!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

After going through interviews where I didn't feel listened to, it was confirmed that they weren't listening. The first person they matched with me had two qualities I specifically told them I didn't want. Then the second person they set me up with, they emailed 24 hours later and said he wasn't available. I have been calling for two weeks without a phone call back. Looking for a person to spend your time with is very personal and emotional. I am disappointed in the lack of empathy or respect the staff at IJL has shown. Deciding to sign on with IJL is a very emotional and expensive decision to make. I feel like they have treated me like any other business might. I can tell you I have had better service at Panera – with people who seemed to care more than those I have dealt with at IJL. And it's a heck of a lot less expensive.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are happy to hear you connected with our Management team to address your concerns. We have your availability and will swiftly work to schedule your date. We look forward to hearing how it goes! Thank you!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Mixed bag, Diamond / Executive level is upsold. Results vary. Maybe I'm a bridge troll. I did get a rare married lady who somehow snuck in, that was fun. But I'm sure there are plenty of nice women that are active members.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate your feedback and have updated your dating preferences to note you are no longer open to meeting women separated, but going through the divorce process. Your matchmaker will reach out with your next date. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The venue was fine. I arrived first and was pleasantly surprised as to the nice lady that I shared dinner with. Our conversation flowed nicely and we laughed a ton. Rather than flowers I took a Bonsai the that I had potted myself as a gift. It was a great conversation piece and I believe that Elle truly appreciated the gesture. We split the bill 50/50 after sharing several small plates. Then we had a terrific walk around Santa Monica. I certainly hope to see Elle again. She's never been to Disneyland! I'm a fireman at the Park so I hope to take her for her first time.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for sharing the experience you had meeting your date! We look forward to hearing more on how it goes!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

When I joined IJL, I was skeptical; online dating has become a meat market and I wondered 'could this be any different.' The rep I spoke with sold me on the idea that all IJL clients are paying the fee because they too are looking for a relationship. She also sold me on the idea that I'd work with a matchmaker that would "work hard to know just what you're looking for."

Unfortunately, IJL could be translated to "It's Just Lies." Nothing about what I was sold has been delivered to me. Two years in and instead of the 12 dates promised in their agreement, including "about 2 matches a month" the rep promised, I've been matched on only 3 dates but have been passed around to more than 15 diff't "matchmakers." I've since come to discover that this is the norm for IJL clients. I haven't been matched with a date for more than 9 months, and now have reached out to IJL more than 6 times in the last three months and haven't received any response at all.

IJL is all about sales and taking your money. They do NOT care about getting to know their clients (how could they when they shuffle matchmakers around constantly?). I finally lodged a formal complaint and was deferred to their air tight contract which is clearly written to support their predatory business model -- the contract provides no timeline for fulfilling their "12 dates" agreement. Don't expect anything they sell you in the consultation call; it's all designed to get your money and move on.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Tiffany, our Client Care manager has contacted you to address your concerns. We look forward to working with you and working towards a positive outcome.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Kenia is very nice and is excited about matchmaking. She has put a lot of effort with my account and is very communicative. She is sensitive to scheduling and personal preferences. I feel Kenia’s best quality is availability, communication and understanding.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks for the great feedback Robb!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Lilliane was so amazing to work with. She listened to everything I was looking for and set me up with the perfect woman! The date ended with a kiss and I’m putting my account on hold to make future plans with my date! Thanks, Lilliane!

It's Just Lunch! response

Such amazing feedback!! Keep us posted on your date, we can't wait to hear more!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I invested a couple thousand dollars for what would be, and continues to be, a very lackluster experience. I've been bounced around to 5 matchmakers, have been set up on wrong dates, been set up with a very passive/aggressive matchmaker who questioned my taste in her date picks and promised a ROBUST amount of dating opportunities. I've had more luck personally using free sites like Bumble and Match and for FREE. There have been long stretches of time where I hear nothing from my matchmaker 5-6 months at a time.

The dates they've set up have been with poor communication, I've NEVER had any of my matchmakers follow up for meetings on feedback post dates. The dates/men they've set me up with always share similar experiences with me. I've had 4 dates in 2 years. Thank god I didn't just rely on this company to get myself out there or I'd be in a retirement home by now. I've disputed to get my money back and it's been a waste of time. I have a podcast, a large social media following and large influence with the women in business in my community and any opportunity I have to steer them from investing in this company I will till I get my money back or they somehow turn their service around.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Diana, we are sorry to hear you have not enjoyed your experience as this is not the norm. Your matchmaker contacted you to discuss your concerns, we look forward to hearing back from you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Wow! I've met several smart, beautiful, fit women through It's Just Lunch. I'm a man in my early 60's, a professional, who was married for 33 years and dreaded entering the dating scene. It's Just Lunch has allowed me to meet women in a comfortable, low pressure setting, where we can easily communicate and get to know each other.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love to hear you are enjoying the dating process. We are here every step of the way and look forward to helping you lose your single status!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I had to contact the company multiple times to get a response. I do not feel that is my responsibility. They did respond to my emails. The date was efficiently arranged I asked to be mailed, but they called.

It's Just Lunch! response

Linda, we appreciate you reaching out about this. At IJL we are a personalized matchmaking service, and will always call you to tell you about your dates. If you prefer that we leave a voicemail our team can do this as well, however, your matchmaker will always verbally share with you the details of your date and why we see the two of you hitting it off. We are hard at work on your next date!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I do not believe Kevin listens to what you're truly seeking. He speaks over you, I have found him to be condescending at times as well. I have asked repetitively to switch matchmakers and have sent more than one email expressing my dissatisfaction and have gotten nowhere. I feel like all that was wanting was my money. Ironically, my last date had the exact same feelings. I would not recommend this to anyone.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate your feedback and sharing your concerns. We are committed to working with you to provide a positive dating experience. Our team will review your file and be in touch to address. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

This service presents itself as upscale matchmaking but does not appear to have any live people signed up. I paid the large fee in January and have yet to be presented with a real person. Each month they call me with a name and description, send me a link and, often before I can indicate if I want to meet, the person becomes "Unavailable," One individual, "Walter," became "unavailable" the night before we were scheduled to meet. A few months later, I was presented with "Walter" again. Before I could reply, he was "unavailable." Last month, I received an email that "Andrew" was "unavailable," before I had even been presented with him. I want out of this sham. Run away yourself before you waste your money too.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you have some concerns around your experience. Our team is looking forward to your upcoming date on October 22nd and hearing your feedback. Chat soon!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Kenia has been very professional with her clientele care with her exceptional communication, she means and follows through with her word! I appreciate her quality efforts and commitment to find someone of mutual interests I’m interested in, especially culturally IQ and personality. I’m very blessed and pleased to have Kenia, my IJL matchmaker! Thank you Kenia for your genuine customer care, professionalism, high character and sincerity!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are elated to hear you are enjoying your relationship with your matchmaker, they are truly your wing woman through this process and always have your best interest at heart. Happy dating!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

After an extensive interview over a number of days, I was very impressed with the range of questions, from values to religion to musical interests to extended family, and on and on. It was great! I was surprised that I received none of this information about the potential date I was presented with. All the information I received is age, employment status, religion, and marital status. That's it. I found this to be very inadequate to help me make a decision about whether or not I wanted to meet the individual. (I have also been on Match.com, and before I meet someone, we have typically exchanged numerous texts and emails, and have had two phone conversations, so I know something about their values, articulateness, humor, ability to write, whether or not they ask questions, what is important to them, their interests, etc.).

I decided I did not want to meet men with only this limited information, and did not accept a date. Now, I will add that I am a 3.5 hour drive from the places I might meet men for lunch, as I live a long way from the closest IJL market ... so seven hours of driving over a mountain range in one day. I made a mistake. I should not have signed a contract. But I did and I paid my money. I have now spoken with five different individuals at the organization, and told them I will not be using their service at all. No one is willing to break the contract and give me even a percentage of my $2800 back. This inflexibility and lack of customer awareness and service is why I am writing this review. I have run my own business for more than 25 years and when someone asks for their money back, I do it immediately -- no questions asked. So, enter into this relationship with IJL with your eyes wide open!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you don't like the process, our team has contacted you to address your concerns and reiterate the process and why we do what we do and have been successful at over the last 30+ years. We look forward to our continued relationship and working with you to provide a positive dating experience. Thank you!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

IJL asked me to consider dating people in a city thousands of miles from where I live, after assuring me that the local pool was big enough. Felt like a "bait and switch" move. I wish that the experience wasn't taking so long (two years). No complaints about my direct contacts.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you have not enjoyed your experience. Our team will be in touch to address your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Will D. has been most helpful in arranging dates that please me and the woman I will get to know. He answers my calls and addresses my concerns. Will has been a great help. It's Just Lunch and Will have been amazing...

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

An overall great experience! From start to finish. It all starts brief interview. Next you speak directly to your matchmaker. Finally you receive an email with the date and time all set up. What a great way to meet someone that you would never have met before, for whatever reason that may be!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks Tom! We love to make it easy for our clients so all you have to do is show up, be yourself and have fun! Thank you for your support and business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Will D is awesome. Within hours he was on task. I really liked his suggestions and conversation. He really has a great feel for what I’m looking for in life! I fully recommend this avenue for big decisions. I realize there are lots of other alternatives but this seems to be the best way for me.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love the candid feedback and appreciate you being an IJL client. Happy dating!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Kenia is enthusiastic and kind and actually calls and e-mails back in a timely manner. I was really feeling negative about IJL until I started working with her. Especially given how difficult it is to leave a simple review. She has changed my impression of IJL.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are happy to hear your matchmaker has renewed your faith in dating! We look forward to more positive feedback after your next fun first date!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I want to thank Amy for setting up great dates for me (for both of us I would say). I enjoyed our quality lunch time and appreciate Amy's continuous efforts. She spent time getting to know me and carefully picked dates that match our personalities. :-)

It's Just Lunch! response

We love to hear this, at IJL we take it one date at a time and use your feedback to finetune the process. We look forward to helping you lose your single status!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Will D, was fantastic. He communicated so well with his enthusiasm, humor and care which put an incredible ease to the process. His promptness is well appreciated as well. Glad to have Will D as my team member. I look forward to working with him and be excited for he has planned for me.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love to hear this positive feedback about your matchmaker, thank you for your business!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I have a good experience with It's Just Lunch! getting to know me and matching me with someone I told them I would be attracted to. Everyone has been really friendly and very easy to work with before I go on the dates.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love to hear you are enjoying your experience with IJL and our team of matchmakers. We look forward to your next fun first date!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I am writing about my experience with my matchmaker, Debra. Debra has worked with me on a personal level and has gone above and beyond to make sure that I am having a good experience beyond my matches. I feel that she truly cares about my feelings and has helped me beyond what she had to as a matchmaker. I appreciate her help and that she cares. Debra is very honest and tells it like she sees it. It is refreshing and I really do appreciate the time she takes to make sure that everything is okay and the advice and wisdom she shares.

It's Just Lunch! response

We so appreciate your feedback, thank you for being an IJL Client and Happy Dating!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I have been pleased so far with the service and that I have received the normal amount of matches per month. Patricia has called back to me when I have reached out to her in a timely manner. She has called to let me know of each match profile.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how things are going so far!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Yeah had high hopes for getting dates. I keep open mind and had 2/5 dates I signed up. Communication is crappy as many have experienced. Been going on for months without a date. The 2 dates I did have weren’t even serious in dating. One worked nights so getting to answer was nearly impossible. My 2nd date her profile hasn’t been updated in over a year so the information provided to me was not accurate after going on the date and asking her questions. She stated that she has asked them to update it because of the similar issues she has had with other dates. Lastly got new coach and as usual get phone call stating, "We are working in your next match." At this point I’m not even interested in moving forward since it’s been 3+ months since my last date.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Rocky, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We apologize if you are not enjoying your experience, as this is not the norm. The manager of your market reached out to discuss your concerns last week. We will reach out again as they are important to us. Talk soon!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Will D is my new matchmaker. Passionate about connecting people, he's savvy, candid, inquisitive, and witty. Will D's enthusiasm is catching. He's good at communication and at listening. He quickly selected two candidates for me. The first was no longer available, and the second match is pending. I'm intrigued about meeting new people over lunch, and it's wonderful that Will D can handle the logistics.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with your Matchmaker! Happy dating!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information