Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

3.8/5 (228 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: May 26, 2021

Debbie has done a great job with matching. Her positive personality is great. I look looking forward to working with her on more matches. I live in Dallas and Debbie found someone that lives in my neighborhood. I have used IJL before and never had a better experience than I had with Debbie.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Hello, I have signed up twice for It’s Just Lunch and Debbie has known how to identify very qualified lunch partners. It’s nice to have someone that you can talk to that knows your profile very well. Throughout coronavirus we did not communicate but she still remembered after almost 9 months. She would be the reason I would sign up for another contract with you if I choose to do so.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I have worked with IJL for a while now. It was a very rocky start, but since moving cities and changing to Debbie, it has been a much better experience. She is fantastic to work with and I appreciate her time and efforts!

Original review: May 20, 2021

Dating has been pretty tough during Covid not to mention in normal times, so I do understand it’s not easy to match people. So far my experience has been hit and miss. The dating advisors keep moving around which makes it hard to develop a relationship and trust as you have to tell your personal story over and over. One month was missed completely with a match, first match was far too aggressive. Second match our personal criteria didn’t match. Third, the gentleman seemed lukewarm so I didn’t even bother. We’ll see how the fourth match goes. I think Bryan is narrowing in a bit better with what I’m looking for which is helpful. Patience is the key here for sure.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I had really good experience, nice place, very fancy restaurant in good area. Little difficult to find restaurant main door but find it eventually. :) Ebony set this meeting special. Thanks to her. She is very friendly and very understanding especially when I had to cancel the first date due to my schedule change.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Debbie has done an awesome job listening to my criteria and making adjustments. I am so happy to have a Matchmaker who takes so much pride in her work and responds so efficiently. On top of that, you can tell Debbie really loves her work and that is an important ingredient for success. Debbie is awesome!

Original review: May 18, 2021

I am not happy with the quality of men I’ve been asked to meet. On a scale of 10 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest I am about a 7 or a 8 I think. My matches have been 3 or 4 in my opinion. I think I wasted my money buying into this service. But alas no refunds but I certainly cannot recommend IJL to anyone else.

Original review: May 7, 2021

IJL is much better than any dating site and the Austin team, especially Debbie, has been very attentive and helpful. They take everything about you into account when finding matches and continue to refine your search as time goes on.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I am new to IJL but so far it has been a positive experience. It is nice having the date prescreened and the date set up for you. Debbie has been very open, honest and forthcoming. SHe has made the process easy and fun. I look forward to using this service!

Original review: May 4, 2021

Debbie continually listens to my needs and my wishes in finding a match. She has set me up with 3 different men in Austin. All of them have been Gentlemen and I continue to see them. She is looking for the “perfect guy” for me by listening to my preferences.

Original review: May 4, 2021

So far I have been on two dates and they were great guys, just didn't have that spark. But I can already tell a difference in guys with IJL and online dating. I really appreciate my matchmaker Debbie who is always there if I need her and who is always fun to talk to. Highly recommend!

Original review: May 3, 2021

I was set up on a date and had a great time. We had a good connection, had a good amount in common and had a lot to talk about. I would recommend this service to a friend if they are willing to pay for this service.

Original review: May 3, 2021

One dinner in 60 days. The dating coach took it personal. The dinner match didn't match for me. Wanted to know why I didn't like the dinner, which is fine, but kept pressing for reasons. Acted upset. The company has Very bad communication.

Original review: May 3, 2021

As this is my first experience with It’s Just Lunch, I cannot say enough, and be happier with the hard work and the high quality dates Debbie H has been able to arrange for me here in San Antonio Texas. Debbie has taken this time to listen and communicate with me on all aspects of the It’s Just Lunch dating process. I highly recommend Debbie H. and It’s Just Lunch!!

Tim O.

Original review: April 29, 2021

This place is a scam and horrible! They don't have any inventory to date. Their dates are a joke! Save yourself and your money! They lie....I expressed my concern in the beginning from what I heard about them and they assured me they had dates! THEY LIE! Save your money!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I've been an IJL member for a little over a year and I've had some good experiences so far and met some interesting men, but not the right fit yet. Bryan F recently became my IJL Matchmaker, and what I really appreciate about him is that he obviously reviewed my file for what I'm looking for along with the candid feedback that I've provided from dates with previous matches, and he did an outstanding job with the very first match he made for me. Even though my first date with this match was virtual, it was one of the best dates I've ever had and I'm looking forward to getting to know my match better and see what unfolds. Thank you so much Bryan! - Candace

Original review: April 26, 2021

When talking to them they told me the membership got me 3 dates. What they really mean is 3 "Matches". Which means they showed you 3 pictures and if you aren't interested in any of them then that's the end of your $1,000 membership. Not realizing that this is how it worked I said no to the first 2 matches and there was no reminder or heads up that I just vetoed 2/3 of my matches. Even after I said no to the 3rd match they didn't ask me if I wanted to extend my membership or if I enjoyed it. I had to reach out to them 4 months later because I hadn't heard from them.

They know it's a scam so they just want your money and that's the end of it. Completely unprofessional and entirely misleading. Even talking to them after they would refuse to admit it is 3 matches not 3 dates. Don't waste your money.

Original review: April 26, 2021

All was great and efficient. I enjoy the service. Very helpful and nice experience. I would recommend the service to everyone. Very satisfying all around. My last match was the best match so far. Great smile, good sense of humor, and honest!

Original review: April 24, 2021

I had gone through the other dating services (Match, Silver Singles, Tinder, etc...) with with no success of finding someone to spend the rest of my life with. Debbie was the key to finding my life partner. We have been dating for 5 months and are currently living together. Thank you Debbie.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I signed up for matchmaking services through IJL. I wish I could go back in time and save myself the grief and the **. It’s been a nightmare of an experience. Not a single date, the potential “matches” met none of my specifications. Matchmakers were not interested in getting to know my desired qualities in a mate. What’s worse, I finally did get a “match” and he stood me up 20 minutes before the date was to begin. They clearly do not vet their potential matches. After I reached out about getting more appropriate matches- including ones that met at least ONE of my desired qualities and would actually attend a date- they claimed it wasn’t their problem. They then denied a refund based upon the “date” who stood me up.

Eva, the intake employee, is very kind and bubbly but from there it went downhill. I worked with Vanessa who had no concern for my desires. After the 3 month period was up, I spoke with Melissa, who was even less concerned about the results and only cared about retaining the money. I am upset with their overall treatment, lack of care, and refusal to refund the money owed back to me. As much as I want to support a woman-owned business, IJL is a pure scam. After being taken for a thousand dollars and dealing with incompetent employees who call themselves matchmakers, I will ensure I disseminate my experience to everyone considering working with this fictitious matchmaking service. Hopefully whoever is reading this decides to go with a professional service- not IJL.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Debbie has been encouraging during all exchanges. She works well with people and is real in every aspect of the experience. I like the way she gives accounts of success stories in the IJL journey. She has been very helpful

Original review: April 20, 2021

Debbie, You're the best! What a fun experience and journey this will be for me. Thanks for making it so exciting with all your enthusiasm and great positive energy. I’m looking forward to meeting my man this year. With you on my team It’s going to be a ton of fun. Thanks IJL!

Original review: April 20, 2021

Debbie at It's Just Lunch is so great. She is always so warm, enthusiastic and obviously enjoys her work. Dating again can be a scary thing but she always put me at ease and answered all my questions. She helped me to find the love of my life and for that I am forever grateful!

Original review: April 17, 2021

Working with Amy J at It’s Just Lunch has been a great experience. She has carefully taken care of my needs in a respectful professionally manner. I rate my experience as excellent it IJL because of Amy and their standards. Sincerely RG

Original review: April 16, 2021

Bryan F has been great to work with, very responsive. I have just started and have seen excellent results so far. I feel they have introduced me to women who I can connect with. Even adapting to the changing Covid restrictions has just been a minor issue.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Monique was nice and receptive. I had difficulties on my first handful of dates due to personal issues. My last date went very well once I got my confidence back and was able to keep my issues under control. I requested fitness and very few of my dates had fitness. One dates arms were bigger than my head. The last date was the only one that set up a 2nd date with me.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Debbie has been very responsive to my needs and has worked diligently to find matches for me. I appreciate her positive attitude and willingness to communicate with me. I am encouraged by her recent matches and look forward to working with Debbie!

Original review: April 6, 2021

My matchmaker is Debbie H and she's great! Always answers my emails and phone calls within a matter of minutes. After a bad experience with my former matchmaker, (slow response, not eager to help) Debbie took over my account and has been great to work with. Very professional and listens to what you have to say. I would recommend her highly.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Debbie has been great. The process have been smooth, and my first date was very successful. It was great not having to lift a finger and have everything scheduled and planned. It made my date that more enjoyable! My date and I exchanged numbers and we plan on scheduling a second date very soon.

Original review: April 1, 2021

OBED V. has been helping me find a match at IT'S JUST LUNCH. He is very personable and attentive. I wish I could get a hold of him more easily/readily, but he usually calls back within 24 hours when I call on a Monday through Thursday. Other than that, I am very happy with his assistance.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information