3.5/5 (117 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: March 6, 2022

I joined and my contract was 1 year and # of dates. No fast forward two years later....Also between this I have had 5 MM because of turn over or just inadequate service. I tried to get out of my contract, but that is not an option. Overall the MM don't listen and know their clients too well to match. It's like he has legs, and can read I will match you all... Also the a few of the folks I was paired with were alarming. One person had lied about having a child and I later found out and another....I won't go there... I totally do feel like I wasted some money, but hey it is what it is.

It's Just Lunch! response

Brandy, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We are unable to verify what IJL location you are dating with. Please contact us at 954-990-2033 or customerservice@ijlcorp.com so we can review your concerns with you further. Thank you!

Original review: March 4, 2022

I work with Ryan, and I think he is awesome!! Ryan ensured everything was set up and easy. After the date, he provided some incredible feedback. It was direct and candid feedback, and let's face it, in today's world, we don't have time not to be radically candid. I joined IJL because my time is incredibly valuable, and Ryan cut to the chase. Extreme gratitude for taking time and discussing potential improvements to my style. Ryan is my advocate and he is taking the time to get to know me, and more than just what is written in my profile. Thank you!!!

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate the great feedback on your matchmaker and look forward to your next fun first date!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have enjoyed meeting people through IJL, because they give the date an honest try. The matchmakers took the time to get to know me and my interests. They were always respectful and good listeners. It can be hard to keep dating fun, and my matchmaker helped me keep a positive attitude. Thank you :-)

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks Kurt for the great feedback on the matchmaking team and we look forward to our continued relationship and helping you lose your single status!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I absolutely adore Hazel and appreciate all her hard work in helping me to find my soulmate. Hazel‘s personality is simply perfect!!! She is upbeat and personable and always has a positive demeanor. I also like that she takes her time to find a suitable match for me. Quality vs quantity, which I truly appreciate.

It's Just Lunch! response

Our main focus is quality, not quantity. We do all the work for you so all you have to do is show up to your dates and enjoy yourself! Happy dating Ana!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

Although I think IJL is very pricey, I like the individual attention and privacy that it ensures. Once you find a consultant that you click with and who takes a personal interest in you, this organization probably can't be beat. However, that did not happen immediately and I would suggest that IJL try to improve in that department.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate this Susan and are happy to be working with you towards a positive dating experience!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

The professional matchmakers at IJL are passionate about their work! They take the time to get to know my interests and my relationship goals to find impressive matches for me. After each date, the matchmakers use my feedback to fine-tune the selection process. I highly recommend IJL for busy professionals serious about improving the quality of their dating experience. IJL creates unique opportunities, and the rest is up to you.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you Peter and thank you for being an IJL client!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I was assigned to my matchmaker - Ms. Debra. When I had a virtual meeting with her, I knew that I could find someone sooner or later because when she introduced herself by saying that she was a good matchmaker for majority of her friends even before she started working at IJL. I had a few meetings so far; These were new learning curves for me.

Some restaurants were badly organized. However, with all the emotional support and encouragement from Debra, I do have a faith that I can find someone soon. One time Debra had to call me and the restaurant several times when I was waiting for my match for 30 min due to the restaurant staff's mistake and inconsiderate attitude. Anyway, it all worked out at the end. I was a bit upset and angry, but when I had a review session with her after the meeting, she explained that some restaurants were short-staffed under the pandemic and she made me calm down. Debra organized next match for me, and I am so excited to explore.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate the open and honest feedback about the process and will share it with our team. Debra is here for you every step of the way, as is the entire IJL team.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Joanne and the It’s Just Lunch’s team has been great to work with. I appreciate the fact that I get responses to my questions in a timely manner. I have met good professionals throughout my dates and even though I have not met “my person”, I feel that based on the feedback I provide after each of my dates they get to know me better and can get closer to my ideal match.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love to hear positive feedback like this, matchmaking is an art and dating is a process and your feedback throughout helps your matchmaker finetune and get you closer to losing your single status. We look forward to your next fun first date!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I am incredibly disappointed in how things are going with IJL. At almost 4 months I have had one date. That one date was really bad. The gentleman did not have one single attribute that I verbalized that I was looking for during my interviews IJL. I was led me to believe that IJL has a robust database of men that fit my criteria. Two additional attempts to set up dates were attempted however I was informed that neither were available any longer. The return on my investment to date has been very poor. I have reached out to IJL directly and have not received a response.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your concerns further with your Matchmaker, we look forward to providing a positive dating experience!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Debra was very thorough in learning and documenting my personality traits, likes, dislikes, etc. She produced several dates with men who were compatible with me and attractive. She very accurately described these men to me making it very easy to "break the ice" and enjoy the time we spent together. Debra was very positive, encouraging and seemed excited to help me find a great match. I highly recommend Debra to anyone looking to find their next romantic relationship!!!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience! Debra is hard at work on your behalf and we look forward to your next fun first date!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Thanks for your service. Appreciate everything you’re doing finding that person for me. I have a awesome lady Sarah that has been working with me. It’s been a struggle but things take time. You guys make it easier with a busy lifestyle.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Due to several dates having issues, it has not been a great experience for me. The first date found out to be married. Second date had mental health issues and the third Date never paid for the program and paying rent and was arrived 3 times. Would never recommend and will spread the word about this company.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I love the idea of this dating site, but it has not gone as smoothly as I had hoped. My current matchmaker is Joel. The matchmakers all seem to be very nice, knowledgeable, and willing to listen, however, I have not had one long enough to feel comfortable with or build rapport with. I think they try to find appropriate matches for their clients and I'm always looking forward to my next date. This is definitely a longer process than I thought it would be!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I've been associated with IJL since mid December. I was assigned Joel as my date coordinator and I've already had 2 successful dates. I find Joel to be extremely helpful, dedicated, passionate and professional. I would highly recommend IJL and Joel to anyone who is serious about about finding a companion.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I signed up for IJL in November 2021. Christi almost “golly geed” herself to death telling me how many eligible men there were in Toronto. As soon as she got my credit card, she never returned another call. When I spoke to my matchmaker, Vanessa, and asked to video meet soon, she promptly advised me she had other clients, not just me. She sent me 2 choices. The one I liked wasn’t interested. Next thing, Amy is my new matchmaker and sends me someone I know and it would have been awkward. So, that counts as a date for the month. They can then tick the box to say they fulfilled their obligation. It’s not necessary for them to think it’s not fair to client so let me find someone else.

I just spoke to Missy that empathy should be allowed in situations where matches know each other and don’t want to meet for that reason. She said, no that’s just the way it is but, hey, they really do care. She is going to speak to Amy who will now quickly flip through her binder and throw me another bone. Bottom line, it’s a stone cold business that will fulfill its contractual obligations with no real effort or human touch. You are a non-human entity that pads their coffers. It’s possible you may meet someone but you may have better luck at a classy place like a bowling alley.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Almost zero to no customer service. The only time I hear from IJL is when I voice being upset. The matches are either fake or not vetted. I paid $2k for just about nothing and have had the service for just about a full year now. I have been on one date. They do not listen. I have had several match makers and none of them care.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I have developed a great rapport with my personal match maker, Shaun. He a great listener and I feel comfortable when speaking with him. He gets to know you better after a date, so he can better fit you with the better match. I discuss with him my likes/ dislikes. Shaun is my biggest fan during this process! I have two more dates to go and I know it will only get better. Shaun lets your personality shine and be revealed when we are communicating. This is truly of value in finding the right one!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I signed a contract for It's Just Lunch. The initial video interview was supposed to be an hour. It lasted for 15 minutes and consisted of an It's Just Lunch rep. pressuring me to date older men and travel more than an hour to a different city for a date. I sent a request to terminate the day after signing a contract. I encountered a full court press pressure campaign to stay in the service including calls from the VP Julie Yarworth. After I reluctantly agreed to stay in the the contact, I learned that everything the VP had said about the service was misleading at best. They promised me great customer service. Missy, my matchmaker, has not returned any calls and in fact lied about our interactions. She left me a voicemail on 11/26 and I tried to call her because I had concerns about the matches, but she never returned my call. I spend the next week trying to get in touch with her.

On 12/8 Missy lied. She told me that she had spoken to me on the phone and that I liked and agree to the matches during our conversation. This was untrue. We never had a phone conversation about matches and we still have not. Missy has not returned a single phone call or email from me since I started the contract. I was also not pleased with the ma From 11/26 to 12/8 I have tried to contact the company. I have left voice messages and sent emails. I have asked to terminate the contract, but they will not terminate the contract. It is almost impossible to speak to a person.. They never return messages.

The service is nothing better than really expensive Tinder. If you sign up all you will get is an email with a photo and a short profile blurb of your "match". You can click yes or no. The match will be sent your picture and he/she can click yes or no. Despite what they promise, this is truly all you will get with the service. At least with a dating app you can choose where you want to meet. The first two matches they sent me, refused to meet me because they did not like my picture. If I wanted to swipe right or left on pictures, I could do that for free on a dating app. Believe me and believe the bad reviews. They are all true. FYI: For context, I am thin and fit and the IJL salesperson called me "adorable".

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I am new to the It's Just Lunch dating service yet have been very pleased thus far. My matchmaker Sarah has been very responsive and has zeroed in on appropriate matches for me in my area. She has been responsive and encouraging despite the chaos of newly dating during the holiday season.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Of all the matchmakers I've interacted with, Hazel has been the most pleasurable to converse with. It's clear that she wants to know as much about me as she can in order to put together optimal matches. After all, it is a drag when people meet and within minutes one of them says they are looking for a partner that has the same passion as he/she has for a particular activity that the other person does not have. At that moment it is clear the match has no chance of moving forward.

Hazel inquires what are my 'desirables' and 'deal breakers' in a potential partner and moves forward with that info.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The matchmaker set me up with 2 dates but my first date captured my attention. It was perfect. We are still in the infant stage so rime will determine the final outcome. But wanted to give a Debra her credit for matching us together. It so far has been a good fit and we are going on our 3rd date together.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

My latest date was just perfect. Spot on. I am even set up for the next date. The people at It's Just Lunch are very helpful and give great advice. Great people, great advice, great understanding lead to great dates.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

This service was a complete waste of time and money. They promise that they do such a thorough job of matching and then you are tossed around to multiple different matchmakers. I had to repeat my preferences to no less than 5 people. When I expressed dissatisfaction in the service absolutely nothing was done about it other than switching my matchmaker who would then switch again during the next match. Of the people I went out with, over half of them were people that I had absolutely nothing in common with, and when I asked why I was matched with them I was never given a straight answer. I just kept getting their runaround sales pitch. No one should waste their time on this service, you'll have better lunch on Tinder.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Have you heard the saying, “walk your talk?” Well, It’s Just Lunch (IJL) “talks the talk”—-they say all the right things that makes you believe they can help you with dating—-but they don't deliver. I signed on with IJL in August and here it is almost 3 months later and still no date. I have agreed to go out with every match (four thus far) they presented and…nothing. The very first match they arranged, the date was a “no show,” and it was downhill from there. During my initial two hour interview with them, they told me there was no refund. That should have been a sign. In my opinion, don’t spend your money expecting to get someone to help you with your dating because it will be money wasted.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Amy has worked hard to accommodate dates for me. She listens to what I am suggesting and tries hard to send compatible dates. I really enjoy working with Amy and I hope this continues. Amy has gained my trust and is passionate and cares about her job. I like Amy for because she listens and cares about her job and wants the best for the people she’s helping. Thanks Kindly Dan **

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

My experience with Katie R. in IJH’s Florida office has been wonderful. Katie is very attentive to my requests and always replies to me in a timely way. I appreciate that she takes time to evaluate the right matches according to my needs. Katie R. is a professional matchmaker. I am glad that I can work with her.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Sarah is amazing and provides great service for me. I'm very pleased with her customer service levels and her matchmaking abilities. I will always use this company for services. They make it easy and painless without having to deal with the stress. Sarah! You're very much appreciated. Thanks Sarah!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I joined IJL during their Valentine's Day 2021 promotion. It cost almost $**. Since that time, I have been on one date! And another that was a no-show and a total waste of a valuable Sunday. I had to drive an hour for a no-show, because there was no one to contact to cancel on a Sunday. I am a "good catch", and the women they presented to me (very few, and very far between) were nothing like my parameters I have set with them. My contact at IJL kept changing and they rarely returned my calls and emails.

As luck would have it, I am now dating someone, so they put my account on "hold" for 360 days. After that, I am done with them. Therefore, the $** was a complete waste for one crappy date with a woman who lives very far from me. Oh, and the "dates" were at the same restaurant an hour away. They obviously get a kickback for using that restaurant. And it is very inconvenient and far away. I think this company should be shut down. I requested a refund in July, and they said that I wasn't entitled to one. Live and learn, but learn from my mistakes. Fortunately, I can afford to lose the money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I have really struggled with the idea of a service like this, but Katie has certainly changed my mind about what is possible here. She has been responsive, kind, and intuitive. I appreciate her and the service thus far! I would recommend her as well.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

TERRIBLE COMPANY AND AWFUL SERVICE! Not worth spending any money on. Even if it were free, it's not worth the aggravation you'll likely experience. Their matchmakers have the equivalent maturity and professionalism of a teenager and are extremely difficult to work with. They will literally take weeks to respond to you then come back with suggestions that couldn't be more off from the guidance and details that you provided them with.

My experience with matchmaker Missy and Shaun showed that they have no personal skills and are terrible judges of character. This service set me up with one of the worst dates I've ever had in my life (literally). They couldn't have missed the mark more if they tried. They constantly suggested matches that were far outside my area (i.e. suggesting matches that were 1-2 hours driving distance from NYC when I don't own a car), then tried to justify their ** services by saying that they provided me with matches - even though those matches were outside the jurisdiction that I agreed to in my contract with them.

The final headache came when I had paused my subscription, then tried to take it off hold. I spent over 6-8 weeks trying to get in touch with someone. Numerous emails and calls went unanswered over several weeks, then I finally got a call saying that my subscription ended since my remaining 3 weeks had just been used (when I was trying to get someone to return my emails and calls). Certainly filing a complaint with the BBB for services not rendered!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information