Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

4.0/5 (254 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I used their dating services over 10 years ago. They didn’t have enough men in their program for me to complete it. Since then, I get calls from them ALL the time. I have spoken to them multiple times requesting to be taken off their call list. I told them I am married now and don’t need a dating service. They say they will remove me, but 6 months later the calls start up again. Every time I get a call, I block it. After month or so, I get a call again from a different number. I always know it’s them because they leave a message. Plus, it’s always a Hollywood, FL number. I feel like I am being harassed by this company at this point.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

No need waste your money with It’s Just Lunch dating service. They ended my service after two dates and kept my $2,500. Made it seem like it was my fault they didn’t set up my dates on payday. Don’t do it!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

This business is terrible. They charged me ** for 6 months and they say they will put you on many dates but they don't. And when they do they are bad dates they are old men who are too old to do any activities. They also say they will coach you and there is no coaching. I got 3 dates in 3 months, they do not do what they say. Do not sign up with this company they do not do what they say and you will never meet anyone. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Please Beware not to give your hard eared money to this company. My gave them $4000 only to be set up on a horrible date once in 11 months. She has requested on multiple occasions for a refund, and no one answers her emails or calls. I have personally wrote one of the company heads, Mike E. only to be ignored. They just want the money for very poor service. You could do much better on any other dating site. We are believing this is a scam now.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I joined It's Just Lunch last year with a pkg, I had to call get dates set up, no follow up calls to see how was the date, they set you up with associates, which are not paid members who are not looking for a relationship, just fulfill the date number give you a date 31/2 hours away in a different city and when you decline it goes against you, change of employees who are not ready to listen to you ready to pound on you, ask to speak to a member of mgmt, no one talks to you. Request them to return the call. 31/2 weeks later no call, charge thousands of dollars, do not waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have had very nice experiences with all matchmakers and had a great first date. Hopefully, that will only continue. I know many people are concerned about the cost of this, but from my experience so far it is all worth it.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

My advice to others considering working with this company would be simply, do not do it! My experience with this company has been nothing short of awful. After multiple incidences of miscommunication and downright incompetence, I informed the company that I was no longer comfortable working with them and requested that my service be terminated. They quickly let me know that a refund would not be issued, stating that I had “refused services” which was complete and utter dishonesty. They also accused me of “not giving the membership or process a chance”, after I had invested $2,000 into the service and had nothing but frustration to show for it. In my opinion this company is running an elaborate scam and I would advise extreme caution in working with them lest you also want your money stolen from you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I signed up for IJL the first of the year thinking their service would provide a more professional way to make a romantic connection. I live in St. Louis, years ago IJL had an office locally but now they are centralized in the Tampa, FL area. The sales person put on a full blown pitch, suggesting they had plenty of male singles in my area. Over the last nine months I have been matched with only three men, two of which had never married, were socially awkward and long-time IJL subscribers. Obed, my direct contact, was anything but helpful and spent little time really understanding who I was looking for. After the third failed match, he suggested another match, a doctor, then he said, after presenting him to me he was not available. I believe it was nothing more than a stall tactic because frankly they likely didn't have a pool of available single men to present.

I realize they have their business all legally sewed up, allowing professionals like myself any recourse in this unsatisfactory matchmaking service. The other thing that seems very curious is that their pricing varies greatly among clients, how can they charge such a wide range of fees for their services, given their services are to provide 12 matches over the course of the contract. I should have burned the $2K I spent on this service, what a waste of time. If you are considering this service be sure to ask for references from satisfied customers in your area. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

It is such a refreshing experience to get off the dating apps and work with a friendly, dating professional who wants nothing more than to find the perfect match for you! It is easy and fun to "get out there" with IJL dating.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Obed is great to work with. He takes his time, listens and gets to know me and my needs. I would recommend working with Obed. His job is not an easy one especially in our current times. It is appreciated.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information