Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

3.8/5 (186 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Of all the matchmakers I've interacted with, Hazel has been the most pleasurable to converse with. It's clear that she wants to know as much about me as she can in order to put together optimal matches. After all, it is a drag when people meet and within minutes one of them says they are looking for a partner that has the same passion as he/she has for a particular activity that the other person does not have. At that moment it is clear the match has no chance of moving forward.

Hazel inquires what are my 'desirables' and 'deal breakers' in a potential partner and moves forward with that info.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The matchmaker set me up with 2 dates but my first date captured my attention. It was perfect. We are still in the infant stage so rime will determine the final outcome. But wanted to give a Debra her credit for matching us together. It so far has been a good fit and we are going on our 3rd date together.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

My latest date was just perfect. Spot on. I am even set up for the next date. The people at It's Just Lunch are very helpful and give great advice. Great people, great advice, great understanding lead to great dates.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

This service was a complete waste of time and money. They promise that they do such a thorough job of matching and then you are tossed around to multiple different matchmakers. I had to repeat my preferences to no less than 5 people. When I expressed dissatisfaction in the service absolutely nothing was done about it other than switching my matchmaker who would then switch again during the next match. Of the people I went out with, over half of them were people that I had absolutely nothing in common with, and when I asked why I was matched with them I was never given a straight answer. I just kept getting their runaround sales pitch. No one should waste their time on this service, you'll have better lunch on Tinder.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Have you heard the saying, “walk your talk?” Well, It’s Just Lunch (IJL) “talks the talk”—-they say all the right things that makes you believe they can help you with dating—-but they don't deliver. I signed on with IJL in August and here it is almost 3 months later and still no date. I have agreed to go out with every match (four thus far) they presented and…nothing. The very first match they arranged, the date was a “no show,” and it was downhill from there. During my initial two hour interview with them, they told me there was no refund. That should have been a sign. In my opinion, don’t spend your money expecting to get someone to help you with your dating because it will be money wasted.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Amy has worked hard to accommodate dates for me. She listens to what I am suggesting and tries hard to send compatible dates. I really enjoy working with Amy and I hope this continues. Amy has gained my trust and is passionate and cares about her job. I like Amy for because she listens and cares about her job and wants the best for the people she’s helping. Thanks Kindly Dan **

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

My experience with Katie R. in IJH’s Florida office has been wonderful. Katie is very attentive to my requests and always replies to me in a timely way. I appreciate that she takes time to evaluate the right matches according to my needs. Katie R. is a professional matchmaker. I am glad that I can work with her.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Sarah is amazing and provides great service for me. I'm very pleased with her customer service levels and her matchmaking abilities. I will always use this company for services. They make it easy and painless without having to deal with the stress. Sarah! You're very much appreciated. Thanks Sarah!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I joined IJL during their Valentine's Day 2021 promotion. It cost almost $**. Since that time, I have been on one date! And another that was a no-show and a total waste of a valuable Sunday. I had to drive an hour for a no-show, because there was no one to contact to cancel on a Sunday. I am a "good catch", and the women they presented to me (very few, and very far between) were nothing like my parameters I have set with them. My contact at IJL kept changing and they rarely returned my calls and emails.

As luck would have it, I am now dating someone, so they put my account on "hold" for 360 days. After that, I am done with them. Therefore, the $** was a complete waste for one crappy date with a woman who lives very far from me. Oh, and the "dates" were at the same restaurant an hour away. They obviously get a kickback for using that restaurant. And it is very inconvenient and far away. I think this company should be shut down. I requested a refund in July, and they said that I wasn't entitled to one. Live and learn, but learn from my mistakes. Fortunately, I can afford to lose the money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I have really struggled with the idea of a service like this, but Katie has certainly changed my mind about what is possible here. She has been responsive, kind, and intuitive. I appreciate her and the service thus far! I would recommend her as well.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

TERRIBLE COMPANY AND AWFUL SERVICE! Not worth spending any money on. Even if it were free, it's not worth the aggravation you'll likely experience. Their matchmakers have the equivalent maturity and professionalism of a teenager and are extremely difficult to work with. They will literally take weeks to respond to you then come back with suggestions that couldn't be more off from the guidance and details that you provided them with.

My experience with matchmaker Missy and Shaun showed that they have no personal skills and are terrible judges of character. This service set me up with one of the worst dates I've ever had in my life (literally). They couldn't have missed the mark more if they tried. They constantly suggested matches that were far outside my area (i.e. suggesting matches that were 1-2 hours driving distance from NYC when I don't own a car), then tried to justify their ** services by saying that they provided me with matches - even though those matches were outside the jurisdiction that I agreed to in my contract with them.

The final headache came when I had paused my subscription, then tried to take it off hold. I spent over 6-8 weeks trying to get in touch with someone. Numerous emails and calls went unanswered over several weeks, then I finally got a call saying that my subscription ended since my remaining 3 weeks had just been used (when I was trying to get someone to return my emails and calls). Certainly filing a complaint with the BBB for services not rendered!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Do not try this service. Their customer service is horrible, anytime there is a problem they will bounce you around to different staff so that you don't ever talk to the same people. Their contracts are well written and impossible to get out of. The dates I went on weren't necessarily bad, they could be better but that is the nature of dating, you won't have a connection with everyone. But the service was so not worth it. For several thousand dollars I expect to be treated like people are actually looking out for me. I could have gotten similar dates from free dating apps.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Ladies, let me save you time and money. This company makes all kinds of promises that they don't deliver on. In February of 2021, I paid ** with the promise of 12 dates in a year. It's been 8 months and I've been on 3 horrible dates. I haven't asked for anything out of the ordinary. I didn't put any restriction on ethnicity or location in the country. Ladies, we can do so much better on our own.

They portray the matchmaker as professional and supportive, and nothing could be farther from the truth. The first matchmaker was "out of the office" for months. She didn't return voicemails or emails, and then disappeared altogether. She set me up on 2 dates, one whom she described as a "a perfect gentleman", and he was drunk and smelled. The second matchmaker promised to call me so she and I could get to know each other. I never heard from her again. She set me up on 2 dates, one who cancelled the day of the date. The second date didn't call me after I wouldn't have sex with him that night. And I never heard from the second matchmaker again.

I've asked for my money back and was told that they have a year to fulfill that contractual agreement of 12 dates within a year. So actually they don't have to do anything they promise until the last minute of the contract. So Ladies, learn from me, they don't fulfill the promises they make or the contract they sell you. Go elsewhere, you'll be glad you did.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I have had a wonderful experience with It's Just Lunch thanks to my matchmaker, Ivette. From the beginning, she has evinced much empathy during this process. After the first date, she spoke with me at length to better narrow the focus for my next match. I truly trust her!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

IJL claims to give refunds (less $500 processing fee) if they are unable to find matches for clients. However, when I tried to get a refund after low activity they bluntly refused, several times. I have been a client since February and there hasn’t been any activity on my account in three months. Since February there have been only 4 matches in 8 months.

I am requesting a full refund, however refunds are at their full discretion and they are simply denying it because they “want to continue working with me” (actual words). The contract is deliberately vague, it gives It's Just Lunch full oversight and very little responsibility or accountability to clients for finding matches. The term is for one year or 24 dates, whichever is later, this protects them potentially in perpetuity - and that is an unfair practice. A reputable, credible company would issue a full refund after not being able to provide the services under contract. I’ve been advised by two lawyers to file a complaint with Consumer Affairs so I am doing that. Please help and thank you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Erin has been a great Matchmaker and is very detail-oriented. I highly recommend for these valuable services. It takes a lot of the work out of dating. It's Just Lunch will take the time to get to know you and find out what you are looking for. What do you have to lose?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Thanks to my matchmaker, Debra, I’m in a new relationship with a real gentleman who just adores me. I found him pretty quick, just two matches in. He’s thoughtful and considerate and a great listener. I’m excited for the future!! Thanks IJL! I couldn’t have done it without matchmaking support.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Don't waste your money on this place. All the things they promise are all lies. I read other reviews before I signed up but didn't believe them, boy was I wrong. I am now 4 months into this membership and they only got me one date who turned out to be a complete fake, pretty sure she works for the company as a fake date just so they can say they got you a date. At this rate I will have over 12 dates or more on my final month. Here is what is likely happening, they don't have inventory of women they can match me up to and they won't admit it. They also won't refund you because their contract is so ambiguous. There are better dating services, use those. Don't waste your money on this one.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I used their dating services over 10 years ago. They didn’t have enough men in their program for me to complete it. Since then, I get calls from them ALL the time. I have spoken to them multiple times requesting to be taken off their call list. I told them I am married now and don’t need a dating service. They say they will remove me, but 6 months later the calls start up again. Every time I get a call, I block it. After month or so, I get a call again from a different number. I always know it’s them because they leave a message. Plus, it’s always a Hollywood, FL number. I feel like I am being harassed by this company at this point.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

No need waste your money with It’s Just Lunch dating service. They ended my service after two dates and kept my $2,500. Made it seem like it was my fault they didn’t set up my dates on payday. Don’t do it!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

This business is terrible. They charged me ** for 6 months and they say they will put you on many dates but they don't. And when they do they are bad dates they are old men who are too old to do any activities. They also say they will coach you and there is no coaching. I got 3 dates in 3 months, they do not do what they say. Do not sign up with this company they do not do what they say and you will never meet anyone. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Please Beware not to give your hard eared money to this company. My gave them $4000 only to be set up on a horrible date once in 11 months. She has requested on multiple occasions for a refund, and no one answers her emails or calls. I have personally wrote one of the company heads, Mike E. only to be ignored. They just want the money for very poor service. You could do much better on any other dating site. We are believing this is a scam now.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I joined It's Just Lunch last year with a pkg, I had to call get dates set up, no follow up calls to see how was the date, they set you up with associates, which are not paid members who are not looking for a relationship, just fulfill the date number give you a date 31/2 hours away in a different city and when you decline it goes against you, change of employees who are not ready to listen to you ready to pound on you, ask to speak to a member of mgmt, no one talks to you. Request them to return the call. 31/2 weeks later no call, charge thousands of dollars, do not waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have had very nice experiences with all matchmakers and had a great first date. Hopefully, that will only continue. I know many people are concerned about the cost of this, but from my experience so far it is all worth it.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

My advice to others considering working with this company would be simply, do not do it! My experience with this company has been nothing short of awful. After multiple incidences of miscommunication and downright incompetence, I informed the company that I was no longer comfortable working with them and requested that my service be terminated. They quickly let me know that a refund would not be issued, stating that I had “refused services” which was complete and utter dishonesty. They also accused me of “not giving the membership or process a chance”, after I had invested $2,000 into the service and had nothing but frustration to show for it. In my opinion this company is running an elaborate scam and I would advise extreme caution in working with them lest you also want your money stolen from you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I signed up for IJL the first of the year thinking their service would provide a more professional way to make a romantic connection. I live in St. Louis, years ago IJL had an office locally but now they are centralized in the Tampa, FL area. The sales person put on a full blown pitch, suggesting they had plenty of male singles in my area. Over the last nine months I have been matched with only three men, two of which had never married, were socially awkward and long-time IJL subscribers. Obed, my direct contact, was anything but helpful and spent little time really understanding who I was looking for. After the third failed match, he suggested another match, a doctor, then he said, after presenting him to me he was not available. I believe it was nothing more than a stall tactic because frankly they likely didn't have a pool of available single men to present.

I realize they have their business all legally sewed up, allowing professionals like myself any recourse in this unsatisfactory matchmaking service. The other thing that seems very curious is that their pricing varies greatly among clients, how can they charge such a wide range of fees for their services, given their services are to provide 12 matches over the course of the contract. I should have burned the $2K I spent on this service, what a waste of time. If you are considering this service be sure to ask for references from satisfied customers in your area. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

It is such a refreshing experience to get off the dating apps and work with a friendly, dating professional who wants nothing more than to find the perfect match for you! It is easy and fun to "get out there" with IJL dating.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Obed is great to work with. He takes his time, listens and gets to know me and my needs. I would recommend working with Obed. His job is not an easy one especially in our current times. It is appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I recently joined IJL, and my matchmaker, Debbie, has been a pleasure to work with. She's taken the time to carefully listen to and understand what I am looking for; she's made me optimistic about this process. I trust her insights and am grateful for her help with finding me great matches!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

So far I've enjoyed a great experience with IJL, Obed has been my main match-maker and he's been very prompt and attentive to my questions. He often follows up with both email and phone calls, appreciate his dedication, customer service is top notch!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information