3.9/5 (162 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

This service presents itself as upscale matchmaking but does not appear to have any live people signed up. I paid the large fee in January and have yet to be presented with a real person. Each month they call me with a name and description, send me a link and, often before I can indicate if I want to meet, the person becomes "Unavailable," One individual, "Walter," became "unavailable" the night before we were scheduled to meet. A few months later, I was presented with "Walter" again. Before I could reply, he was "unavailable." Last month, I received an email that "Andrew" was "unavailable," before I had even been presented with him. I want out of this sham. Run away yourself before you waste your money too.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Kenia has been very professional with her clientele care with her exceptional communication, she means and follows through with her word! I appreciate her quality efforts and commitment to find someone of mutual interests I’m interested in, especially culturally IQ and personality. I’m very blessed and pleased to have Kenia, my IJL matchmaker! Thank you Kenia for your genuine customer care, professionalism, high character and sincerity!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

After an extensive interview over a number of days, I was very impressed with the range of questions, from values to religion to musical interests to extended family, and on and on. It was great! I was surprised that I received none of this information about the potential date I was presented with. All the information I received is age, employment status, religion, and marital status. That's it. I found this to be very inadequate to help me make a decision about whether or not I wanted to meet the individual. (I have also been on Match.com, and before I meet someone, we have typically exchanged numerous texts and emails, and have had two phone conversations, so I know something about their values, articulateness, humor, ability to write, whether or not they ask questions, what is important to them, their interests, etc.).

I decided I did not want to meet men with only this limited information, and did not accept a date. Now, I will add that I am a 3.5 hour drive from the places I might meet men for lunch, as I live a long way from the closest IJL market ... so seven hours of driving over a mountain range in one day. I made a mistake. I should not have signed a contract. But I did and I paid my money. I have now spoken with five different individuals at the organization, and told them I will not be using their service at all. No one is willing to break the contract and give me even a percentage of my $2800 back. This inflexibility and lack of customer awareness and service is why I am writing this review. I have run my own business for more than 25 years and when someone asks for their money back, I do it immediately -- no questions asked. So, enter into this relationship with IJL with your eyes wide open!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

IJL asked me to consider dating people in a city thousands of miles from where I live, after assuring me that the local pool was big enough. Felt like a "bait and switch" move. I wish that the experience wasn't taking so long (two years). No complaints about my direct contacts.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Will D. has been most helpful in arranging dates that please me and the woman I will get to know. He answers my calls and addresses my concerns. Will has been a great help. It's Just Lunch and Will have been amazing...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

An overall great experience! From start to finish. It all starts brief interview. Next you speak directly to your matchmaker. Finally you receive an email with the date and time all set up. What a great way to meet someone that you would never have met before, for whatever reason that may be!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Will D is awesome. Within hours he was on task. I really liked his suggestions and conversation. He really has a great feel for what I’m looking for in life! I fully recommend this avenue for big decisions. I realize there are lots of other alternatives but this seems to be the best way for me.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Kenia is enthusiastic and kind and actually calls and e-mails back in a timely manner. I was really feeling negative about IJL until I started working with her. Especially given how difficult it is to leave a simple review. She has changed my impression of IJL.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I want to thank Amy for setting up great dates for me (for both of us I would say). I enjoyed our quality lunch time and appreciate Amy's continuous efforts. She spent time getting to know me and carefully picked dates that match our personalities. :-)

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Will D, was fantastic. He communicated so well with his enthusiasm, humor and care which put an incredible ease to the process. His promptness is well appreciated as well. Glad to have Will D as my team member. I look forward to working with him and be excited for he has planned for me.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I have a good experience with It's Just Lunch! getting to know me and matching me with someone I told them I would be attracted to. Everyone has been really friendly and very easy to work with before I go on the dates.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I am writing about my experience with my matchmaker, Debra. Debra has worked with me on a personal level and has gone above and beyond to make sure that I am having a good experience beyond my matches. I feel that she truly cares about my feelings and has helped me beyond what she had to as a matchmaker. I appreciate her help and that she cares. Debra is very honest and tells it like she sees it. It is refreshing and I really do appreciate the time she takes to make sure that everything is okay and the advice and wisdom she shares.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I have been pleased so far with the service and that I have received the normal amount of matches per month. Patricia has called back to me when I have reached out to her in a timely manner. She has called to let me know of each match profile.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Yeah had high hopes for getting dates. I keep open mind and had 2/5 dates I signed up. Communication is crappy as many have experienced. Been going on for months without a date. The 2 dates I did have weren’t even serious in dating. One worked nights so getting to answer was nearly impossible. My 2nd date her profile hasn’t been updated in over a year so the information provided to me was not accurate after going on the date and asking her questions. She stated that she has asked them to update it because of the similar issues she has had with other dates. Lastly got new coach and as usual get phone call stating, "We are working in your next match." At this point I’m not even interested in moving forward since it’s been 3+ months since my last date.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Rocky, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We apologize if you are not enjoying your experience, as this is not the norm. The manager of your market reached out to discuss your concerns last week. We will reach out again as they are important to us. Talk soon!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Will D is my new matchmaker. Passionate about connecting people, he's savvy, candid, inquisitive, and witty. Will D's enthusiasm is catching. He's good at communication and at listening. He quickly selected two candidates for me. The first was no longer available, and the second match is pending. I'm intrigued about meeting new people over lunch, and it's wonderful that Will D can handle the logistics.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with your Matchmaker! Happy dating!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Debra is a great coach! She has listened to my needs and feedback. I honestly feel I can talk openly with her about anything. She has heard the type of person I feel best suited for-and the last two matches have been "spot on". (It took a few matches to learn). She is attentive, and gets right back to me. I can't imagine a better dating coach!

It's Just Lunch! response

We love the great feedback on the matchmaking team, look forward to your next fun first date!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I am writing to compliment Michelle my most recent matchmaker. She has been outstanding. She was quick to find me a match and she has been with me very regularly. That is what I have asked from everyone and she seems to finally be following through. She has been everything she has said she would be and I am very thankful to her for that.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your one on one relationship with your matchmaker! We appreciate you as a Client and look forward to more fun first dates!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Cecily is working hard and getting results! She's super dedicated. It is appreciated! She is professional plus it is a pleasure to work with her. She communication style is just right to ensure things are covered and go smoothly. Many thanks!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for this great feedback on your matchmaker! We enjoy working with you. Happy dating!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Jorge was excellent and he introduced me to a great guy on the first date. I’m the past have not had such a great experience but Jorge made up for all the other dates. Thanks Jorge. I am now in a relationship.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear this news!! Keep Jorge and the matchmaking team posted on how your relationship goes, we love to hear about IJL success stories!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

This is an awesome dating service! Very hands-on treatment by the staff who really care about your dating experience. After just a few dates, they are able to focus in on the type of person that you are interested in. Well worth the money!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks Mark! We love what we do and really take all of your feedback to fine tune the dating process, so thank you, for your partnership with IJL!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

This is my second comment on the wonderful date IJL set me up with. Also Michael was a magician in canceling Benihana on 56th St. The place was under full construction with fierce jack hammers blasting the ceiling. Micheal found a better spot quickly.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are here to take the stress out of dating for you, so glad you enjoyed your date!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I enjoy my chats with my Matchmaker Hazel. She is always professional, uplifting with me. We always have good open chats. Hazel. Always allows me to be open and honest. I feel I can tell if I prefer to move on. And she is always willing to my reasoning to do so. She is great to communicate with me.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you Joanne for the great feedback. Your matchmaker is your wing-woman all throughout the process and we are here every step of the way. We look forward to our continued partnership, happy dating!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I had the wonderful experience of working with the staff at It's Just Lunch. They were all professional and really work with me individually to meet my needs. Demographically it was a challenge but they found dares for me with Professional, intelligent, and beautiful women. I would highly recommend It's Just Lunch to anyone. It was a pleasure to work with the staff there.

It's Just Lunch! response

We truly appreciate your kind words about our team and are happy to hear you are having a great time! Thank you for being an IJL client!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Jorge is an outstanding matchmaker and am so thankful for the dates he has arranged for me. He is a truly a wonderful listener who cares deeply about finding me the right one and not just anyone. I would recommend him highly.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We enjoy working with you and look forward to your next date!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Debra has been a great help in providing direction and support in setting up dates. She has also provided post-date feedback to both better align my interests with subsequent dates. Her feedback has resulted in me meeting someone who I am exclusively dating and very much enjoying her company. I would highly recommend IJL and specifically Debra.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate this feedback and we know Debra does as well! The entire matchmaking team is dedicated to working with you to provide a positive and fun dating experience. Thank you again for this great feedback!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

So far my experience with It’s Just Lunch has been amazing! I completely attribute my positive experience with IJL to my matchmaker Cecily! She is amazing at her job! I honestly can’t say enough good things about her. She truly cares about her clients and it absolutely shows in her work! I feel like she took the time to get to know me so that she could match me with the right type of woman. And I can honestly say that talking to her is like talking to a really good friend. And so far she has done a fantastic job of matching me with some very high quality woman. I feel very fortunate to have Cecily as my matchmaker and I look forward to working with her in trying to find my person!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear this! We look forward to helping you lose your single status!

Original review: July 28, 2022

I have just begun the dating process with It’s Just Lunch, so far it’s been a good experience, but I would rather do a review after more time has gone by. I have only been on one date set up through them.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks Jason for your honest feedback, we look forward to our continued relationship and your next fun first date!

Original review: July 25, 2022

I don't even know where to start. I signed up for IJL on my father's insistence as I am a hardworking single woman in my late twenties who lives happily alone, but hey let's make Dad happy. I want to be clear about why I used this service, as it is different for others- I get too many matches via online dating apps, and I don't have the time or patience to weed through and find those I will actually have a connection with. Turns out, though, IJL is just more of a headache and frustration point.

The cost was $5k for 12 months or 14 dates. Don't be fooled by the initial welcome/intake call, this is the only person in the 12 months who is focused on getting to know you, and she's gone after that call. After you are in the program, you get an Executive Matchmaker, who is supposed to be your go-to contact person. One would imagine they should get to know the client a little better and understand who they are and their personality, but in fact I am already on my 6th? matchmaker after being in the program for about 10 months. You get switched and tossed around like a hot potato and it's been ridiculous finding who is supposed to help me. I get a VM from a lady saying she is my new Matchmaker, I give her a call back the next week and she repeatedly tells me I must have misheard the VM (even though this thing call voice transcribing exists on Apple, so I apparently can't read either), and that I am wrong. She finally admits that I am right, and next week I have a different matchmaker.

The matches they present you are based on a basic subset of qualifiers (I don't notice this consistently), then hobbies. I can't tell you how many guys I share hobbies with, since I like outdoor activities and watching/playing sports, but who I am and my personality doesn't play into a match potential ever. Then there is the massive amount of time it takes to actually get to the date itself. I think most of my dates (only 4 so far...) have been 3-6 weeks out for no valid reason. They don't give you reminders at all, make sure you keep your calendar up to date. When I got to a new matchmaker, I was accidentally put on a 2-month hold because he "missed" one of my reply emails, but then never admitted to it.

A few weeks ago I went on a date with a guy. (The locations of these dates do NOT coordinate with where either of you live, be prepared to drive). Turns out he doesn't even live in Phoenix, he's just here often for work. So my preferences I clearly laid out in starting this program (I do NOT want a long distance relationship nor to date in other cities) drastically missed the ball here.

I was presented a match this week as my next date, the details started sounding familiar, then I had asked if my feedback from the last date was taken into consideration here. I want more of a macho man, alpha male (all I've gone on dates with are men I would definitely wear the pants with) and he told me, "well he's not arrogant, and he's a lawyer so I bet he can get aggressive" (how is that how you interpret that?). Bad answer, but I said to send it over and I'll look. But then the email comes, and it's someone I've already been on a date with and did not want to see again. Are you kidding?

I have so many negative experiences I could write about, but ultimately it comes down to the service having no value and the customer experience. The service has been awful, awful, awful and the dates haven't amounted to anyone I am interested in. This is a waste of my time and money, and truthfully, Tinder does a better job of matchmaking.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Kyra, we are so sorry to hear you are disappointed. We have forwarded your comments to the customer service department who will be contacting you.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I have had more dates through IJL than I have through the online match making website. They take all the difficulty out of trying to find someone and set up a first date. Please note, the match makers are not genies; they are limited to the dating pool. I find the lack of responses on the online dating services to be a significant deterrent to dating. Having a match maker set up the first date for me was amazing.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love what we do and as your matchmaking team, we enjoy taking the stress out of the dating process for you. Our goal is that all you have to do is show up and have fun! We look forward to your next fun first date.

Original review: July 19, 2022

IJL has a great model for finding that special someone. My first date this past Saturday turned into a 3 hour lunch that was the highlight of my weekend. They matched me with a successful woman who is articulate and a savvy business owner, these types are hard to find these days. We’ve been messaging since and I’m looking forward to spending more time with her! Thanks IJL!!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear you had a great date, hopefully the first of many more to come!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information