3.6/5 (185 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Eugene from IJL provided excellent customer service. He took the time to listen to what I was looking for in a good match for me. He also let me know information about any potential match and why he felt they would be good for me to get to know.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate the great feedback and look forward to your upcoming date!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Not a good experience!! Stay away - I promise you - you will have better luck and spend your time and MONEY more wisely with a dating app. I was told to there were plenty of prospects in my age with my criteria before I signed up. After I enrolled and paid ~$5K, I was told by a different matchmaker that there were virtually zero prospects and hopefully they would sign up more soon. I was provided only three dates in 11 months - well below their "plenty" expectation. Moreover, I cycled through four different matchmakers, and each one asked me the exact same questions. Either it was not captured the first time, or they did not bother to read it. They even set me up on a date with a woman that was moving out of state the next week. Furthermore, after my first date, I was high pressured into spending an additional $10K for an inclusive "club" with very specific dating rules. They could not even live up to the original contract, why would I expect any different outcome! Then, after I complained, I was repeatedly told a matchmaker would call me back in a week, and many times I waited over five weeks for a call - only to be told they still did not have a date for me. I complained and escalated, but was offered zero resolve: "nothing we will do for you, even though IJL stated we had plenty of options for you." I am actively persuading everyone I meet that has an interest to NOT sign up. I was lucky to convince one person already. I will continue to tell everyone of my terrible experience and hopefully, they will save money.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns about your membership, we do apologize you did not enjoy your dating experience. Please contact us at 954-990-2033 if you would like to discuss your concerns further as our Client Experience Manager did contact you to address your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Do yourself a favor and do NOT waste your time and money on this scam! I’m writing this lengthy review in hopes that no one else will have to go through the negative experience that I went through. I had done IJL about 10 years ago without success. When they called me in October of 2020 to see if I wanted to try it again, they were able to talk me into it, as we were in the middle of a pandemic, and I was unable to go out and meet people organically. I expressed my concerns that they could not ask members about their political affiliation. I struck gold with my first matchmaker, Amy.

She said she was good at asking the right questions to find that out without directly asking about it, and indeed she was! She also listened to me when I said I didn’t want to date anyone that had kids. She is no longer with IJL, which is a travesty, because she is the only matchmaker that I worked with that I felt really understood what I was looking for. At one point, she sent a match, whom we’ll call T. I expressed interest in meeting T, but T never responded when she reached out to him about meeting me.

Debbie reached out to him 2.5 weeks later, and after he finally expressed interest in meeting me, she called me to tell me as much. I asked what had taken so long for him to respond, and she said something about Amy reaching out to him, and since Amy wasn’t his normal matchmaker, he just never responded. When his normal matchmaker, Debbie, reached out, he actually responded. She said that sometimes these guys need a bit of hand-holding, that sometimes you have to mother them a bit.

This is not the kind of man I want to be with! I expressed this, but Debbie kept pressuring me to go out with him. Debbie also matched me with a man who was completely on the opposite end of the political spectrum from me, exactly where I didn’t want my matches to be. He even made racist comments on our first date, and it was more upsetting than anything. She also sent me on a date with a guy who reached out three weeks after our date. After the “Hey, how are yous” were out of the way, he asked me if I wanted him to send me a ** pic. I asked for a new matchmaker at this point because Debbie didn’t listen to what I was looking for nor did I feel that she understood me.

A new matchmaker sent me out with a guy whom we’ll call J. J was the only guy I went out with on more than the initial date, but after a few dates, it was clear to me that we were meant to be friends. He got anxiety when we were close together, and when I told him I felt like we should just be friends, he did express that he got nervous with the romantic aspects, as he had never had a romantic relationship before. I was also sent on a date with another guy who was 30 minutes late and seemed like he was ** out of his mind. In between those dates, I was also sent matches who had kids, which was something that I had very clearly expressed was not a good match for me.

The last matchmaker I worked with told me that my membership was coming to an end and asked me if I wanted to renew it. I told her that I didn’t. Then I got a call from Diane who asked me yet again if I wanted to renew my membership. When I tried to tell her that I was very disappointed in my first experience with it and that I wasn’t going to waste anymore time and money on renewing my membership, she tried to gaslight me and tell me that I wasn’t open to love. She told me the life coaches there had 20+ years of experience at matchmaking, essentially blaming it on me that my first go around didn’t work, instead of acknowledging that the matches I was sent were not good matches or men that I could have a serious relationship with.

I expressed that I didn’t want to renew my membership, and she told me I wasn’t being invited to (even though that’s why she called me in the first place!). It was a very upsetting conversation, and I hope that no one else has to go through what I went through with Debbie, Diane, and my whole experience with IJL. I regretted my decision to buy a membership on multiple occasions and tried to get a pro-rated refund to no avail. If you are reading this, please don’t put yourself through this! It’s not worth the time or money at all!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience. A member of our team will review your concerns and reach out to you to discuss them further.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

My matchmaker Eugene is fantastic. I would recommend It’s Just Lunch to all of my friends. He really takes his time picking dates and stays in touch with me even if there isn’t someone to match me with. I’m very pleased with the service and can’t wait to see where the journey ends.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are elated to hear you are enjoying your experience and than you for your patronage!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I won’t bore you with the all details but based on my experience I would advise against any association with IJL. I was misled about the availability of potential “dates” in my area… follow up on the epic failure of the date they did set up for me was nonexistent and any reasonable request or question about the short comings of their service were simply ignored… There is no brick and mortar location in my area so I was left to deal with an 800# and an email address and they simply chose not to respond at all… The “membership” fee is very pricey and if you’re unhappy with their service it’s just too bad… I fought to get my $ back but many people have lost thousands to IJL. Unprofessional in their business practices bordering on fraud and zero customer service.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the experience thus far as this is not the norm. Once we have a final resolution in the dispute you initiated, we will reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

They LIE about their dating pool, and defrauded my out of $3,400. I signed up for the "12 date (2 dates per month)" package at a cost of $3,400 after hearing their grandiose pitch about how great they are and they have so many wonderful potential matches for me. It's been 3 months and they have not sent me even one match that lives within an hour of me, let alone matches ANY of my preferences (of which I only gave them 3 anyways). Btw, I live in South Florida - Miami area. Big city. If they can't find any matches in Miami, what does that say about their service in any other city?

I told them to cancel and refund, they refused and then had their customer service team leave me a THREATENING voicemail (throwing the "contract" in my face, no refund policy, etc). Said they will "continue servicing my account". I denied the charge with my credit card company, and the dispute is ongoing, it's been several months. Biggest headache and completely avoidable. DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR, AVOID - AND DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

It's Just Lunch! response

Andrew, we would love to discuss this with you further, however you have requested we not contact you. Please reach out to us at customerservice@ijlcorp.com to coordinate a time. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Great matching experience- provides a variety of age groups but all are active, travel and well versed in life. All qualities I am looking for in a partner. My only negative feedback is that for the review of my date there is no place to write a negative experience or what I found did not work for the date. I understand you are trying to keep the expectations positive but some negative feedback would be helpful to narrow down potential matches as well.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for being an IJL Client!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Before signing up I was very specific about what I was looking for. Almost halfway through my experience and they have provided only one candidate of seven that was even close. My matchmaker continues to dismiss my concerns. She says she is the one that is supposed to contact me, but only once has it been her. The next date in three weeks is a foot shorter than me. I keep telling them my desire and they are ignoring what I want. Their only desire is to meet the number of dates they have committed to provide. The idea is supposed to be that the candidates are pre screened. The first date they actually sent me on, they talked about how active she was. 15 minutes into Lunch, she tells me she doesn’t like to go outside in the summer. She doesn’t like the heat and can’t swim. When they sell you they are not honest about what they actually provide.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi, please confirm your name, email and phone number you have on file with IJL as we are unable to locate you as a client and wish to address your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

My Executive Match Maker (Elliot) did an amazing job. He truly analyzed my likes and dislikes, and matched me with a beautiful woman who met 80-90% of my primary likes. He worked closely with me to arrange the date quickly, but at the same time giving the both of us ample time to prepare for it. My date with her was the best: great conversation and dinner lasting a little over 3hrs. She and I are looking forward to having our second date soon.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love to hear this feedback, thank you for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Bryanna carefully listened and understood my unique situation, reviewed my account details, provided empathy and explained clearly the real terms and conditions of my contract, specifically with regards to matches, which I wish I received up front. Overall, the conversation was enlightening and positive experience, and it sounds like she is able to point me in the right direction to provide some form of resolution or rectify the situation.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are happy to hear you were able to work with a team member, address your concerns and continue to enjoy the dating process. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I have never had a worse experience with a company that I paid such an incredible amount of money for their services. I signed up for their matchmaking services six months ago. I have experienced nothing but hostile, bullying staff. The current match maker I deal with is nothing but confrontational, insisting that I go on dates with men who I clearly am not interested in. She routinely speaks over me during our phone conversations. I have yet to have one date, the one and only gentleman that has sounded promising in this six month period, scheduled at a time that did not work for me and I confirmed that with my matchmaker. She acknowledged the conflict and then failed to tell the gentleman who ended up showing up to meet. I then received a voicemail wanting to know why I didn't show up... This has been exhausting, disappointing and frustrating.

Don't waste your money or your time. I have literally spent hours on the phone with these people and it has been nothing but **. I truly don't believe they actually try to do any real match making, you get shuffled around between people and notes are not shared, they provide very few details on your 'matches' and get angry when you don't accept them. It has been anything but pleasant and at this point I'm going to keep fighting to get my money back. I'm just trying to warn everyone so you're not caught in the same trap.

It's Just Lunch! response

We regret to learn you have not enjoyed your experience. Your matchmaker is currently hard at work on your next date and will contact you soon. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Debra is patient and kind. She really cares about finding great matches. After only a couple of dates I found someone I’m interested in seeing more. You have to be thoughtful about what you do want, what you don’t want and also what you’re ok with in a partner. It’s nice to have someone on your side.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so excited to hear this!!! Absolutely keep us posted on how things are going!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I’m not entirely happy with the overall IJL experience but Deborah is my best match maker to date. She listens and tries to find the right match. Matches have turned out not to be entirely truthful in their survey responses. I can’t fault matchmakers for that.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

In recent communications Hazel has been much more engaged. It could be the fact that she inherited me from Monique and I fell through the cracks at first. My experience has not been good as far as the matches did not fit or were too busy (not your fault) so I am hopeful for the remainder of my contract.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

Don't do it. They talk a great talk, but they have no better match making skills than you do. It's super expensive, though from what other dates have said their pricing is all over the map depending on what they think they can get from you. I had a couple decent dates, but way too many dates with men that did not at all match up with what we had discussed. And a few that I actually felt mad that they even wasted my time with. I'm sure Cleveland has a small pool of people, so maybe in NYC or a bigger market it's worth it, but for me...I'd run and save your money. I have had much better luck with Match.com than I did with IJL. I will say the people you work with are super nice, but watch out during their sales pitch....They will say "oh, I already have someone in mind that I think will be perfect". Yeah, well, that one guy will be good, but...the others...not so much.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your experience. We will pass your note along to a local team member who will reach out to address your concerns. Thank you. IJL

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I have had a great experience so far with It’s Just Lunch. My Matchmaker Sarah has been wonderful. I’ve had one for State so far with Andy and we exchange numbers and discussed a second date. Just a waiting for that to happen. I have a second date already set up with another gentleman in January. I’m hoping 2023 brings the love of my life through. It’s just lunch. I’m excited for the adventure to continue. Thank you for your expertise in getting to know me and finding great male matches you feel will align best with what I’m looking for in a husband! :)

It's Just Lunch! response

We look forward to hearing more about Andy, in the mean time we are hard at work on your next fun first date! Thank you for being an IJL client!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

After a few matchmaker placements and feelings of disappointment with lack of communication on the process, I was placed with Eugene. After an honest conversation regarding expectations, Eugene not only understood but actively listened to my thoughts. It was a real conversation without "fluff" and I respected that especially in continuing a working relationship with an organization. What is special about Eugene is how he started matchmaking. He continues to use that sixth sense gift to bring individuals closer to long lasting relationships in any capacity.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for your wonderful words about your matchmaker. He (and the entire IJL team) is truly your advocate in dating and we look forward to our continued relationship.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

'It's Just Lunch' was a waste of time and money, especially for the price the consumers pay. 4 of the 6 guaranteed "dates" were some of the worst dates I've been on. After providing feedback from the first date, which they claim helps them in the 'matchmaking process,' the following three dates were even less aligned with the characteristics I was looking for in a partner. During my initial conversations, I was very clear in stating I did not want children, nor did I want my partner to have children. When I received the call with a description of my third "match," the "matchmaker" I spoke with shared that the potential match they wanted to set me up with had two children. When I reiterated to her that I did not want children and my partner having children was a deal breaker, the "matchmaker" had to audacity to ask, "Are you sure? I think you would be a great match!"

How would we be a great match if the guy has children, and I was clear in stating I do not want them?! It was at this time it became abundantly clear to me that they're simply just matching me with anyone who is available; they are a business and the "matchmakers" are salespeople who have a quota to meet (a guarantee of 6 dates during the 6 month contract), rather than actually putting forth the effort to find someone who would legitimately be a good match. On SEVERAL occasions, I thought about just not showing up to any of the remaining dates because I was so frustrated and disappointed in the dates and the effort being put forth, especially for what I was paying.

My fourth date was several years older than the max age I requested, but the loophole there came when they failed to tell me how old he was, and it was my miss to not ask the question at the time of the date confirmation. My fifth date was a smoker, which was another deal breaker I shared with them at the beginning, and when I provided that feedback, I was told they 'didn't know'; and admittedly, I put zero effort into the final date, simply because I was mentally done, and just so excited to be done with my IJL contract. If I could give zero stars for this review, I would; I would NOT recommend the IJL experience to anyone.

It's Just Lunch! response

We regret to hear you did not enjoy your experience dating with IJL. A member of the local office will reach out to address your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I wish I had read more reviews about It's Just Lunch and fully read the contract before signing up and paying the fee. Now I'm stuck, out thousands of dollars, and realizing too late I've been scammed. I asked before I signed up how they found the people they match you with and was told it wasn't JUST their own clients. Even in the paperwork they say that they source clients. But that is a LIE!! They will only match you with paying clients. The majority of their clients are older men. It should have been a red flag to me that they say they REQUIRE Women to date men up to 10 years older than them. Men are NOT required to date people older, and only after I paid was, I essentially told that they would only be looking to match me with older men. This feels incredibly predatory.

I signed up for it because the person selling me the services made it sound like it wouldn't be an issue, that I could say I wasn't ok with being matched with men 5 years + older than myself and there were enough men in their system they could accommodate that. But it was a LIE. If you want to sleep with your father, or your father's best friend, this is the service for you. If you do not have phycological issues and don't want to be preyed upon by older men run, RUN as far away from IJL as you can! Unfortunately they pressure you to sign the contract right there on the phone with them. So I didn't have time to thoroughly read it. They e-mail it to you and want you to open it and sign it RIGHT THEN with them on the phone, which doesn't give you time to read it. So I didn't see the part that waives your right to hire a lawyer.

If you have any issues with their services, you first are supposed to address your issues with your matchmaker. If the matchmaker can't solve the issues, then you have to go talk to the Customer Service Manager or IJL VP of Executive Matchmaking so they can gaslight you. And your matchmaker turns over so even if you do have a conversation with them and feel like maybe next time things will be better - next time it's a totally different person contacting you! So all that personal information you just gave to the last matchmaker is not lost. They basically write what THEY think was important about your first 30 minute conversation into a computer, checking some boxes, and then will use a computer to match you with people based on the boxes they checked.

Half of the matches I received were people who didn't match specific criteria I gave that I said was my "must have's" - the reasons I joined the service in the fist place. So either they ignored what they wrote in the computer, or they didn't even record it in the first place. You're much better off paying a friend/family/complete stranger you found yourself online to run a dating profile for you through an app. You'll save money and at least that person will listen to what you say and actually be working for you, not just trying to take your money.

It's Just Lunch! response

Jessica we are disappointed to hear you are not enjoying your experience. A member of our team will reach out to address your concerns via telephone. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I cannot recommend this enough, the interview was very thorough and my matchmaker took the time to really chat and get a feel for me as a person. Very simple and straightforward process. It takes the guesswork out of potentially dating because they will pair you up with someone who wants the same things as you. The service is perfect for the modern world of dating, and I would sign up again in a heartbeat. I had more success finding someone in 3 dates than I did in 5 years of meeting people off of Match or eHarmony. Thanks to It's Just Lunch I have found my partner and equal, who I plan to spend the rest of my life with. I am so grateful and hope more people decide to give them a try. I guarantee if they can just be patient that they won’t regret it. I signed up in May and by October I’m in a committed relationship.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are elated to hear you met your special someone and are so happy for you both!!! Our enter team is passionate about our clients and helping them lose their single status!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Dates have gone well. Working with my matchmaker, Debra S. has been very smooth as she is very knowledgeable and has assisted me with the whole process of getting back into dating. Matches have all been well thought out and the dates were fun. Looking forward to working more with Debra.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks James! We look forward to our continued partnership in dating as well.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Prior to Debra being assigned as my matchmaker, I was bumped around with different matchmakers with no notice. The process was "sold" to me as I'd work with the same person from the beginning to the end of my IJL journey. Once being connected with Debra the lines of communication improved; for that I'm thankful. She follows-up and is easy to talk to. I rate my experience with 3 stars because there have been hiccups along the way such as getting "re-matched" with someone I'd already been out with and the date had not gone well. In another instance I was given the impression that the gentlemen had seen my pictures and really wanted to meet me. However, when we met, he had no idea what I looked like which was incredibly awkward for both of us. I'm feeling less and less confident with each date... while also understanding that on some level the ups and downs of this process yield growth.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate your open and honest feedback about the process and look forward to improving your experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

They take your money but they don’t return calls, emails. They go mia!! Beware!!! They told me they had alll these high profile clients. Lies!!! They set me up with a guy who stood me up while I traveled far to meet him. The alternative guy was a guy who lived on the other part of the US. I am in NY. They wanted to set me up with a man in Cali. What a joke!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you this happened to you. We are happy you are working with our Client Experience Manager towards a resolution and look forward to providing a positive dating experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Run away and do not sign up with this company for matchmaking services! They take your money, don't follow up or send you on dates, in fact, the dates don't show and stand you up! The matchmakers are rude and do not listen to your needs. They don't follow up and go for months with zero contact. Do not waste your time or money with this sad excuse of a company. I had 1 virtual date out of the 6-12 promised matches, the date was not a match. Matchmakers are incompetent, rude, and could care less about their jobs. They also lie and gaslight your experiences. They claimed to match me on all these dates and did absolutely nothing! Huge waste of money!

It's Just Lunch! response

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience dating with IJL and appreciate your feedback on the process.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

While I don't recommend It's Just Lunch at all, my experience with Elliot as a matchmaker has been wonderful! He is by far the best Matchmaker I have worked with at IJL and I have worked with quite a few. He has a nice, calm, caring energy that is so needed in this line of work. I highly recommend Elliot.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for the open and honest feedback, we appreciate your business and look forward to providing a positive dating experience moving forward.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I signed on to IJL to put some sparkle in my life. What I experienced was disappointment, frustration and anxiety — not just with the lack of dates but that my matchmakers were not easily accessible. I was skeptical that IJT had enough men In my age range available. However, I was given to believe that they had plenty of men in my age range.

I was told that I would receive twelve in person dates, a new date each month unless I choose to take a break. Since I signed the contract on 12/1/20 I have had only 6 or 7 in person dates. My last date was in Mid-March 2022. Several dates with other men were scheduled, but were cancelled by the other party, often on the morning of the date. My skeptical side wonders if these men really were available. After my experience I could never recommend this service. Not only do I feel as if I have wasted money, but more importantly a lot of my precious time.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi Diane, thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear you aren't enjoying the experience and want to change that or you. Our team will reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

First date was a very accurate. Match with my preferred characteristics. My (1st) date was charming, professional, very conversational, well-traveled and attractive. I thought the match was extremely well thought out. The location for the meeting was a very nice, upscale restaurant. All the planning and coordination was well done. She and I have already communicated since the meeting and I hope to see her again.

It's Just Lunch! response

We love to hear you are going on a 2nd date! Keep us posted and we are hard at work on your next date introduction. Happy Dating!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Elliot has been wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend him to a friend. He has made my experience personal and comfortable and I trust him with my feedback. He is a great person to work with and I look forward to continuing working together in the future.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your matchmaker and the process. Thank you for being an IJL Client!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

My experience is that I have not had one at all. I signed up for the 12 date package for around $** and I have not gone out on 1 single date in the month or so since I signed up. I think it’s reasonable to expect to go out on 1 date per month with a package like this but that hasn’t occurred. I’m skeptical in their abilities if they have had just 1 video call with me and no viable matches or dates have happened. They told me I didn’t have criteria that was very picky or unrealistic so I would have no difficulties being matched.

It’s also very deceptive to tell a new client that I can delete my online dating app profile and get ready to have some fun to meet quality matches, especially when I’ve not had any contact from my matchmaker since I had the 1 video interview. She gave me a choice of 2 potential matches on that day of my video call. I chose one and he was conveniently “unavailable to date”. Haven’t heard from her since. She didn’t respond to the email I sent her about 2 weeks later to just check in.

In the contract you sign it states that you are expected to respond to your matchmaker within 48 hours of contact; however, it seems you can’t expect that practice being reciprocated when you contact them. I reached out to my consultant who signed me up and she at least responded within 24 hours. She assured me that they work together as a team and that she would have my matchmaker get in touch with me. That was a week ago and still no contact from my matchmaker or the consultant to follow up, and still I have not had a single date option for the $$ I spent. I understand this process can take time but this experience as a new client thus far does not instill much confidence.

Now I’m even more irritated because in reading some of the comments listed here, a “date” is classified as being presented with a profile by your matchmaker. That is not clearly stated or defined in the contract you sign. You haven’t even met the suggested person yet. In fact, you haven’t even left your house! But that is considered a date?!?! I can do that on my own without wasting $**.

I’m a busy professional and IJL appealed to me because of the time and energy it takes to wade through the myriads of profiles and weirdos in online dating apps to find a suitable potential partner. They assured me that they provide a high quality service to help me find suitable potential partners. Guess not. Seems like a bait and switch scheme to me and I would think anyone would feel as deceived as I do at this point. Don’t sign up with this company. It’s just an expensive form of catfishing in my mind. I wish I could terminate the contract and get my money back since I’ve literally received nothing from them and I have no confidence in their abilities to provide a quality service experience. Very dissatisfied.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience, a member of our team will reach out to you to address your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I was very excited to start working with IJL in November 2021 as I'd finally had enough time to start dating again and wanted to work with someone to find the right one. After a sales call and affirmations that I was a great fit for IJL's system and had many potential matches, I signed on and had a call with one of their matchmakers (Vanessa). Kevin G quickly sent along a date that matched most of my criteria, but didn't meet my height requirement (I'm tall and have a complex, but everyone has their things).

I emailed Vanessa to follow-up after declining Scott, but she never replied. I then emailed Kevin, and he never responded, but I was sent another match from Kevin G in December. This was also a good match and had the right height, but unfortunately I was told 5 days later that Maxwell was no longer available for dating. I got another date from Kevin G (still not Vanessa, but nobody told me I had switched matchmakers) for Ted, but I didn't think it was a good match so I passed.

Side note: I also need to point out that the only information I was provided on the matches before the dates was in the phone call I would get from IJL about the match. They usually called when I was working so thankfully I had some of them on voicemail, but otherwise I didn't have easy access to their information. I was provided a link which showed me the person's name, age, and 1-2 pictures; that's all. When I asked to be emailed this information, I was told it could only be provided verbally. Pretty sketchy....

After turning down Ted, Jorge (not Kevin G or Vanessa) sent me a new match. I still didn't think that Charles was a good match for me, but I agreed to go on the date. I emailed with Jorge about it and we aligned on a time. I didn't hear anything back from him about where until about 24 hours before the date, which was a 45-minute drive from me after work. Due to the late notice/confirmation in my schedule, I couldn't go anymore and canceled the date. I also stated I was no longer interested in Charles, because I really wasn't from the beginning. But I was trying, as Jorge had encouraged me to do. Jorge then called me and I discussed how dissatisfied I was with my entire experience.

I'm not meeting the people I was sold were on this platform, and the operational bit of this has just been ridiculous. I felt like I wasn't getting anything near the personalized experience I was also promised as I'd never even had a conversation with Kevin G or Jorge about what I was looking for in a person. I signed a $5K contract for 24 dates or 12 months, whichever comes later. Unfortunately I didn't realize that later could be until I'm 84. :(

After that, I sent Jorge a list of my must-haves, preferences, and dislikes so he could better know me. He has done better since that time with the last 3 matches (in 8 months) but continues to miss on my criteria related to religion, so I've just given up with this company. I still don't see good matches and am getting declines after matches are sent to me, so it's just not working out for me. I wanted to share my experience for those of you that might be super excited about this -- beware and don't sign a long-term contract -- do the shortest duration or number of dates because they could be working to fulfill this contract until you die.

It's Just Lunch! response

We appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to address your concerns as they are important to us. We are looking forward to your upcoming date in November and look forward to hearing from you how it went.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information