3.7/5 (129 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: June 3, 2022

My matchmaker Hazel is wonderful. She’s always on top of things, checking in weekly and seeing if I need anything or talk about anything. And she knows what I’m looking for in a match. I would highly recommend her for potential clients. Thank you

It's Just Lunch! response

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our client share their experiences with us.

Original review: May 28, 2022

She understands my needs and she takes the time to listen to me. She really wants me to have a connection with her so she could find the best match for me. I have been with 3 different match specialist and she is the only one who tries to help me. she may be the one that makes me change my mind about this service... So far is being poor service.

It's Just Lunch! response

Claraines, we are so happy to hear that things have turned around for you! We are committed to providing outstanding customer service to our clients and are thrilled to receive this feedback.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I’d like to say all good things about It's Just Lunch but unfortunately I cannot due to since I joined It's Just Lunch I’ve had multiple over 5 or more match makers and they literally leave abruptly without any warning. This poses a problem because if I am in the middle of working with a match maker and they suddenly leave then I have to start all over with a new one and they leave etc, this is definitely an issue. Additionally it takes way too long per match like sometimes half a year or so. Even if I do get a match they plainly are not compatible. I remember one of my matches was rude and simply got up and left after being very disrespectful. Another match I found out was doing both wrong and possibly illegal things behind my back etc. Bottom line if IJL doesn’t do better I will definitely discontinue my services and never ever recommend them.

It's Just Lunch! response

We apologize that you are disappointed with your experience. Your concerns are very important to us. We forwarded your message to our customer service team and are glad you spoke with your matchmaker. Please do not hesitate to contact your matchmaker directly or IJL at customerservice@ijlcorp.com with any future questions or comments you would like to discuss.

Original review: May 19, 2022

When my earlier IJL membership expired, I had no intentions of renewal. My past experience have be someone of a disappointment with the appearance one takes on the membership, after being oversold on expectations, thereafter you never speak to the same person; certainly not the sales person who convinces you to take on the membership. Joanne M has presented herself otherwise, was sincere and she has taken on the role of being my primary contact in a manner exactly as she had promised. She has always been sincere, is dedicated and honest, and always responds to me in a timely manner.

In instances where I should do something different to improve results or expectations, then I hear of that from her as well. I have high expectations of my forthcoming date with Sandy on 04 May, and believe Joanne has really tried hard in finding this latest selection. If not Sandy, then I have no doubt Joanne will try just as hard for finding my next date. David

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize that your prior membership did not meet your expectations and we truly appreciate you placing your trust in IJL again. Our team strives to meet our clients' expectations and we are so glad that your matchmaker has turned your experience into a positive one!

Original review: May 17, 2022

I love working with Joanne! She really cares about her clients and has such an upbeat personality. She always seems to find the best match and if it doesn't work out, she always welcomes the feedback to find a better match.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to share your comments! It always makes our day to hear about our clients' wonderful experiences with IJL.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I've only been on one date but he was very nice and I felt like the match was a good one. I have another one coming up and I'm looking forward to it. I like Hazel she really seems to care about making sure she gets someone that's a good match for me.

It's Just Lunch! response

Roxanne, thank you so much for your review. You are in great hands with your matchmaker and we cannot wait to hear your feedback on your next date!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Sarah has been a delight to work with. She takes her job seriously and is a very gifted professional at pairing people up. I would highly recommend It’s Just Lunch to all who are looking for that someone special in their life.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy you are having a fantastic time dating with us! We love being able to do what we do best and we are very thankful for amazing clients like you.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Prior to Hazel... Before I became LUXE... I definitely would not have recommended IJL... My matches were not at all right for me. But working with Hazel, and having the increased personal service, has changed the dynamics and service to a much more positive and hopeful experience. She is a delightful person and has taken the time to really try to understand who I am and what I'm looking for. I finally feel as if we are on track..., and God willing, we'll find that match. :) :)

It's Just Lunch! response

We’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your honesty is highly appreciated. We are glad things are on track for you and we look forward to providing a positive dating experience.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Joanne is the best matchmaker. She's caring, attentive, and works to make you the happiest possible. Can't say enough good things about her! IJL as a whole has been a great experience because of her efforts.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience! We so appreciate knowing what a difference It’s Just Lunch is making for you!

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with my matchmaker, Samantha. She really has taken the time to get to know me and has good instincts about the kind of woman I am looking for. She’s always been friendly and 100 percent supportive during this process.

It's Just Lunch! response

What a terrific review! Our matchmakers are passionate about what they do and the work they do for their clients and we are so grateful for having the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have had some really interesting dates with people I would have never have picked for me. I always feel safe on my dates and enjoy them, even if they won’t have long term potential. My matchmaker listens and guides the next date to fill more of my needs.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so happy you are enjoying your dating journey. Your trust in your matchmaker and the IJL process means the world to us!

Original review: May 10, 2022

Joel took the time to understand my preferences and did a thorough vetting of potential matches, He was always available when I called and was responsive to my preferences and available to answer questions about the process. Joel is client centric and an asset to the team.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for the kind words! Our customer service team goes above and beyond to provide a personalized experience for our clients and it’s wonderful you shared such a great review.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Joel is a great Matchmaker. I was very clear what I wanted in a match. I don’t like my time wasted. The next match he made was pretty much spot on of what I asked. I had a great time! I continue to look forward working with Joel.

It's Just Lunch! response

It’s lovely to hear your positive feedback! Thank you. We strive to provide the best possible experience and cannot wait to share your comments with our matchmaking team.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Ford to would like to say I am very impressed. I was doing online dating and it felt like a full time job with almost no return and the the results were, well… Less than desirable to say the least. Have been working with Debra now since August of 2021. And she is impressive. She listens and gives feedback and advice. That matters. I feel very privileged and lucky to be working with her. On my journey to find my love.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for fantastic feedback. We are so happy to hear how well your dating journey is going and for sharing your feedback with us.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I got tired of the dating apps because l wasn’t meeting quality men. Therefore l decided to try a matchmaking service. After speaking with their onboarding person l decided to spend my hard earned $2800 and give it a try. I appreciated how much time my matchmaker spent getting to know me and what I’m looking for but the person that showed up to my first date was nothing like l described. He wasn’t a gentleman, he was dressed down instead of up and he was tired and didn’t really feel like eating. I took time and care in my appearance from head to toe and l could have come in jeans and tennis shoes. Big disappointment. I’m hoping the next date they do better because if this first date is any indication of future dates, then l wasted my money.

It's Just Lunch! response

We deeply apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your concerns are very important to us. We have forwarded your message to our customer service team who will reach out to you.

Original review: April 28, 2022

He has been the best matchmaker I have had with It's Just Lunch! He has set up matches for me that I would have picked for myself, but do not have the time to find for myself. Thank you so very much for the wonderful experience!

It's Just Lunch! response

Erin, thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We thrive on this feedback and providing our clients with a rewarding dating experience.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I wish to commend the exemplary service that I have received from Amy M. of this company. In this day of "electronic anonymity", Amy provides very personal and warm association with her clients. She makes the experience with this company something to be valued rather than something that is unimportant. It is worth our attention to acknowledge the value of being a real person, not just a "voice over the telephone."

Kudos,

Sandra

It's Just Lunch! response

Sandra, we are so glad you are enjoying your experience. We take great pride in the personalization of our service and the sentiment you have conveyed is exactly why we are here. We treat you like a person, not a profile and we are passionate about our clients. Thank you.

Original review: April 25, 2022

It's Just Lunch is great. I have have a great experience meeting other people. The dates were well organized and in great locations. I was informed with accurate information about her prospective date. I recommend this service. The staff at It's Just Lunch are professionals, return phone calls and are proactive. Kevin, my Matchmaker is Awesome! He made the experience enjoyable!

It's Just Lunch! response

We so appreciate your wonderful review. Our matchmakers strive to provide an outstanding client experience and we love sharing these accolades with the matchmaking team.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Another great match from my side. I had a great time. They really do a wonderful job trying to set you up with someone who's a good fit. So far, 2 great first dates. I am grateful, and even if nothing works out with this particular match, I feel the experience with her was well worth it. So hard to find quality dates nowadays, and she was definitely a quality, hard-working person, that I enjoyed being matched with. Let's see where things go!

It's Just Lunch! response

What fantastic feedback! Ajay, it means so much to us to know how much you are enjoying your experience. Thank you for sharing.

Original review: April 25, 2022

After 4 years on dating apps, with enormous frustration and little success, I decided to give It's Just Lunch a try. I was a bit nervous, but after speaking with 2 from the company, I was ready. I had a to wait a few weeks for my first date, but it was well worth it. My date was in a totally different league than those I had met online. We connected immediately over dinner, sharing stories about our children and laughed lots. We exchanged numbers and had a second date 3 days after the first. Date #3 is already set for next weekend! I don't know what the future will bring, but my matchmaker knocked it out of the park from the start. I am very grateful. If this match turns out not to work, I won't hesitate to turn to IJL again.

It's Just Lunch! response

Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your story and experience. It means the world to us to know what a difference It’s Just Lunch is making for you!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I hired a matchmaker at It's Just Lunch. Amy is wonderful. She’s a great listener and has a great sense of humour. She has worked really hard to find me some eligible dates. I really love Amy’s confidence and positive attitude. She gives thoughtful feedback and is always available to listen to me. Thank you for a great experience thus far!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review about your experience. We love hearing this and cannot wait to share your terrific words with the matchmaking team!

Original review: April 20, 2022

Patricia has done an excellent job at matching my interests to those I've been placed on dates with! She has also been a great source of counsel and advice as I go through this process. I'm going on a 5th date with one of my matches on Friday! Thank you, Patricia.

It's Just Lunch! response

It is so wonderful to hear your amazing feedback and we are ecstatic about your upcoming (5th!) date! Happy Dating Megan!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I have had a good experience working with all the Executive Matchmakers. All are very positive and are motivated to find a good match for me. In addition, I think they do a good job focusing on the characteristics that I am looking for in a woman. I know it takes time and I am trying to be patient.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! We will make sure to share this with the matchmaking team as they continue their amazing work.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Marc has been an overall superstar of a matchmaker; this person has managed to pull miracle after miracle on short notice. Marc has gone above and beyond the call of a matchmaker and was borderline life coach and travel advisor on some occasions. With short notice of my travels, this man, this legend, has managed to set me up with matchES so I don’t travel blindly. This has happened enough times where this act is now referred to as the “Hand of Marc” where the miracles happen when he gets involved.

Marc is my 4rd matchmaker from IJL and overall 7th matchmaker I’ve dealt with, and he was the first and only one to take the time and connect like a person, rather than just a quick matchmaker. That being said, my experience with IJL was not so positive, but my experience with Marc was something REALLY enjoyable. He would be the most relatable and take the time to get to know me and thoroughly advise on matches. After some conversations with him I am confident that he understand me more than any other matchmaker I experienced, as I feel he sees me more than words on my profile. Not only does he have the background information of my profile, but he also has experience in my mannerisms, communication and general “human” personality, not to be confused with “applicant” personality.

My experience with IJL started rocky, and after 9 months of membership, poor communication and lack of matches, I lost faith in the service as my previous matchmakers, which a new one would reach out randomly, would only reach out on rare occasions, giving me a feeling of being forgotten and cast aside. Once I started connecting with Marc, I had the feeling that there was hope in the matchmaking services as long as he was my point of contact. In the past month I have communicated with Marc MORE than all other matchmakers COMBINED in the previous year. He gives me a feeling of being human and having hope in the service as he took the time to know me for me. I KNOW if he is involved, my match and I, won't just be gold standard, but hold a “unicorn” status to each other. Something that has only been seen in movies. I’ve been able to meet 3 unicorns before signing up with IJL and I just know that with Marc we could meet more.

At first I was content with searching in my local city, and I was insistent in staying in Toronto, but after connecting with Marc, and knowing that he is my matchmaker I have expanded to all of North America. He has instilled a sense of hope that that I lost with the service. With Marc I feel as though I am more confident to push my boundaries looking for that Unicorn; since being his client, I’ve had a greater level of “hope” and feeling of being human that I feel I can push other boundaries of my professional and personal life as I know my love life is in expert hands.

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for your terrific review and for sharing your experience. As we say at IJL, "Matchmaking isn't a job. It's our passion!" and your review is a glowing example of IJL's matchmaking passion at work.

Original review: April 13, 2022

IJL was the worst experience I've had with a dating service. They over-promise anything in the beginning to get you to sign up. In a year, they only sent me on 2 dates, 1 of which was horrible and the person it was with I wouldn't wish on anyone. I went through 3 different matchmakers at that time and they put my account on hold twice when I expressed many times how dissatisfied I was. They refused to give me my money back only saying that they would put it on hold and wouldn't search for matches.

Pointless because you only have 180 of hold time. They never stayed in touch with me to keep me updated throughout the process. I had to call them continually to see what the status was. In truth, they did not have enough males in my market (Louisville, KY) to match me with. When I confronted them about this, they just said I was picky and needed to lower my standards to get some sort of a match. I don't recommend this company to anyone - you would be wasting thousands of dollars. Stick to the paid apps...I've had much better luck there.

It's Just Lunch! response

We are so disappointed to hear this. Your concerns are very important to us and we will expedite this matter to our customer service department who will contact you.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Kevin's tone of voice is always full of Joy and very respectful. All of his messages on the telephone and e-mail are so service focused to me and signs of a Great Listener. I have asked him to stay with me for consistency. I am a therapist and a social worker. The relationship is vital. Having inconsistency in the match maker is not good to find a person in my eyes. Kevin has respected that. We have been able to narrow things of importance to me the more I get myself out there. Most of my friends have been married to one person and are still married for over 35 years. I have not even thought about any sort of a IJL recommendation to another person.

It's Just Lunch! response

Kim, thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying your experience with IJL and your matchmaker and we look forward to continuing your wonderful experience going forward.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I apologize as I tried to find an order number; yet was unsuccessful. Even though the match chosen for this particular date ended up not being my type, I would have to agree with my great personalized matchmaker that he was a good fit on paper and that we looked like a great match. Even though he wasn’t for me, the experience was great as this is real life. However, sometimes you just never know! One needs to just try again! It’s all great and I absolutely feel my IJL matchmaker has my best interest at heart! I can’t wait to learn what’s next! All my best!

It's Just Lunch! response

Hello Gina, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and review. I can speak for the entire team when I say how much we appreciate your trust in your matchmaker, IJL and our process. You are correct, your matchmaker does have your best interest at heart, and in providing you with the best experience possible!

Original review: April 10, 2022

It's Just Lunch is a great way of meeting new people if you are searching for a serious relationship. Nowadays, it's more and more difficult meeting people organically. The It's Just Lunch Team truly care and want you to be successful. I would highly recommend.

It's Just Lunch! response

Hi David, thank you so much for your terrific review! It is great to hear your positive feedback! We will be sure to share your kind words with our team.

Original review: April 7, 2022

The recent match was great, we talked as if we knew each other already. Looking forward to learning more about her! Restaurant was a bit fru fru, and almost all vegetarian, and we are both meat eaters... We both laughed about it, but found something good, it was a nice atmosphere and we had a great time!

It's Just Lunch! response

James, we are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your date! Thank you for taking the time to share.

Original review: April 5, 2022

3 months and I have never met anyone. When there is a glimmer of a date, they are never available within an hour. I live in NYC and I don’t see how it is possible to not be able to provide me with even ONE meeting in this timeframe. My consultant will never respond to a call, possibly an email. I had questions at the beginning with never a response back. It honestly feels like an online dating scam. I signed up for this service, and paid, to avoid this type of issue, and the disappointment is real. A lot of time, money and hopes for this to be successful!!!

It's Just Lunch! response

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We apologize that your experience is not meeting your expectations. We will forward your message to our customer service team who will reach out to you.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information