Find a Credit Cards partner

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

3.7/5 (330 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

My Wells Fargo Visa Card has a very high limit and the interest rate is low. Of course I pay my balance each month so there really isn't any interest. I also get cash back on my purchases. There is no annual fees as well. I would recommend this card to everyone with good credit.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have used it all over the world. It is always accepted. The customer service is wonderful. They spend the time necessary to solve whatever problem might arise. Moreover, their anti-fraud department is extraordinary. They contact me right away if any spending appears out of the ordinary.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I liked the zero percent introductory offer for two years. I like the website, it's very easy to access and use to check balances and pay bills. I like the rewards, money back on purchases.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I've had this credit card since 1975 and have never had an issue w/ either billing or payment. I always pay off the full amount every month and there is no fee if statement amount is paid in full.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Wells Fargo sucks. In 2016 I had an account open under my name And they refused to fix it for years. Number 2 had 3000 Dollars taken from my bank account. Wells Fargo operator admitted that it was fraud And did nothing to get my money back or stop it. Worst bank in history into this date. I'm still going back-and-forth with them Just getting the run around anyone I deal with this bank. I will remove all money mortgages loans and not deal with these people. The corruption level is high.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I have used this bank for 9 years. They send requests asking me to get a credit card. After applying it is not approved. The day after I get this letter I get another offer to get a credit card in the mail from them? I have good credit. It seems that you have to have perfect credit to get their cards or a loan from them. I am moving to other bank that has no problem giving me a credit card.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Submitted a claim against a merchant for adding a hidden 5% credit card fee. They ruled in favor of the merchant before they even received my statement. They always represent the merchant; they have no interest in protecting the cardholder. Customer service always a waste of time, no matter the problem you have. If you can't pay cash, at least use a card with better customer service.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Wells Fargo Amex made the biggest mistake in my personal banking or credit card experience. I paid a merchant/contractor through my Wells Fargo card and PayPal (contractor wanted funds right away). I received notice of a dispute status on this transaction and immediately called to ask what was going on (I did not make any dispute). After hearing that there was not a dispute, I made it clear that there had better NOT be one and if so, they needed to cancel this immediately.

A week or so later, I had another notice of dispute and called again (talked to someone in the Philippines) and again told them to STOP this dispute (nothing wrong with the work or the amount). They "assured" me this would be taken care of. This started in late February and March. Five different times I had to contact them over this issue. Then, April 5, I hear from said contractor that PayPal had removed his funds I sent and was threatening collection. I immediately got on the phone with both and spent 7+ hours trying to find out what on earth was going on. Neither company took responsibility but blamed the other and told me I had to wait to get resolution.

Ahmed (3 WF reps later) said the dispute would be closed. He sent an "escalation" case to a "Case Specialist" (Pamela S) who didn't reply for 6 days. Meanwhile, I continued to call both. Paypal stated that WF Amex had requested the chargeback with request that service was "significantly not as described." They insisted they could release the funds as soon as WF submitted the final resolution.

Four more weeks and Wells Fargo (through various reps including the "Executive office" -- IN THE PHILIPPINES) insisted they did not make a dispute (yet they named it that in the email and in various conversations). It gets worse! I paid the contractor but Wells Fargo wouldn't let me Zelle the money to this contractor who threatened legal action (I'm not blaming him). They had promised this dispute would be closed yet five weeks later, I am still in the middle of this mess after paying this contractor twice (2nd time with interest -- my choice). Wells Fargo created a huge misunderstanding with my contractor and hurt my reputation. NOT ONCE did Wells Fargo follow up on this or call/communicate with Paypal to rectify this egregious error/wrong on their part. They sent me secure/encrypted messages just to say they hadn't done anything wrong!

Now I have to make a dispute (that was THEIR decision after over and over again NOT taking any responsibility). THEY won't even take care of the massive issue they created but expect me to make another dispute (I did very reluctantly three days ago) AND now they want to make me prove that I double-paid! How ridiculous, crazy, and unprofessional! As if I haven't done enough! They certainly have NOT! They have all the information (I have spent well over 30 hours providing that) yet NOT ONE SINGLE REP has followed through on their end. BEWARE of this TOO BIG but completely out of sorts OUT-SOURCED company that doesn't know how to do ANYTHING right by their customers ESPECIALLY when they make AWFUL mistakes. I am completely open to explaining my bitter experience in more detailed as needed.

Original review: May 4, 2021

On 04/12/2021 upon reviewing one of my credit card statements, it was noticed Wells Fargo debited my account for an unauthorized charge. Complaint was initiated on 04/12/2021. To date Wells Fargo has made no attempt to resolve the issue. Wells Fargo can not be trusted to recapture funds or settle disputes. Wells Fargo will continue to avoid any and all interaction for the purpose of trusting the consumer will lose patience and write off the dispute as a loss.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Worse bank ever to finance something through... I had something financed through them going on 4 years with no missed payments...but this was the only account I didn't have on auto draft because their system wouldn't let me register... In January of this year I called in and made a payment. Showed them the call records and everything. Somehow they messed up on their end and didn't process the payment.... Now I'm dealing with a missed payment on my credit...so after calling in I find out I couldn't register because my account was under the wrong social but they had the right social at one time because that was the only way they could put the missed payment on my credit... I've never had a missed payment in over 10 years. This is so stressful... I will never deal with this bank again...

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information