1.07/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

132 Wells Fargo Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I would not recommend this bank. There is no customer loyalty. I was a customer from 2013-2018. For approximately 5 years I never missed a payment. After I suddenly lost my job, I was unable to make payments for a period of three months. I made a good faith payment and openly communicated with Wells Fargo about my situation. Immediately after finding another job I told them when they could expect payment. The day before payday (which is when I told them they could expect the payment) they permanently closed my account. I was told by a customer service representative that when the account was current I could call back to get it reopened. I did so and was told by a manager, Jennifer, that there was no way to re-open an account that was closed due to delinquency. They would not reopen the account.

I understand I missed payments. But I was a loyal and on-time customer for FIVE YEARS. I told them exactly what was happening and continued to answer their calls even when they called up to five times per day (including Sundays and early mornings). They were not willing to work with me despite my on-time history, intent to pay, good faith payment, and loyalty. Conversely, my other credit card providers: Chase, Citi, Barclays did work with me and took into account my on-time payment history. I will soon be closing my checking account with Wells Fargo and moving to a bank that treats its loyal customers like human beings instead of liabilities. WF you have lost a valuable customer.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Wells Fargo Bank trying use any false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of any debt. (1) They are putting false information on my credit report. (2) They do not have wet ink signature that sign contract with them to open up a credit card. (3) They claim that it was charge off. If the account is charge off, then there should be no balance because they got money from taxes and also charge off debt is worthless and no long able to collect. (4) The state of limitation have pass and they still are trying to collect. (5) I send a request for debt validation and unable to give me proper debt validation. (6) They are trying overcharge me fee.

I feel that Wells Fargo Bank is trying to take advantage of me because I ** male. I feel that discrimination is wrong. I am willing to pay off the debt that you claim I owe if you are will to provide me with the original contract I sign with ink signature. I will have expert document look at contract. Wells Fargo Bank refused to pick a date for us meet in person and have expert document look at the original contract. They still put false information on my credit report, which I think is wrong.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Nothing but problems. I applied for a line of credit at my Dentist's office so I could have dental work done. I also have an HSA funded through my employer, who makes quarterly contributions. I was told at the dentist that I could apply, and when the money was available in my HSC, then make the payment. It is a good idea in theory. A few days later my dentist called to say my application was denied and I had to call them to find out why. When I did - we found out that the SS # was incorrect on the application. The weirdest part is, someone at Wells Fargo somehow linked up my application to my husband's information, who had an account YEARS ago, and they used his SS #. Once they corrected the application, I was approved. Then, it gets worse...

Terrible "rules" for making payments and terrible customer service. The 2nd problem was, Wells Fargo would not allow me to make my full payment over the phone with my HSA MasterCard. They told me the only way was for me to pay the bill was to write a personal check out of my regular bank account, and then submit a form to my HSA company asking for reimbursement, which can take a few weeks to process and receive. I spoke to 5 different people at Wells Fargo to try to understand why they wont take an HSA card... All they could tell me was it was against their policy. I then requested for them to let it go into collections, because I'm sure a collection agency will accept my MasterCard. I'd NEVER apply for anything Wells Fargo ever again.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have applied their credit card twice in 2 years and each time they declined to approve 727 credit score. I spoke to the representative and what I understood that having a 1 negative item for few hundred bucks means everything for them and they care less of excellent credit score. Please don’t apply and place hard inquiry in your credit report. On the same time I have applied for American Express and instantly I was approved for $5000.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I bought a refrigerator from Sears which we cancelled two hours later and never left the store. Five months later have still not received a refund of $2800. We disputed the charge with Wells Fargo and they refused to do anything stating that just because we never got the refrigerator does not constitute fraud. Go figure. Bottom line is not to use a bank card to purchase anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: June 3, 2018

I called up the Wells Fargo Visa Credit Card Customer Service Phone Number of: 1-800 642-4720 because I needed to Dispute a Charge for Only $1.25. The first time I called was yesterday back on Saturday, June 2, 2018 and was on hold for at least eight (8) minutes with nobody picking up the line. I got so angry and frustrated and hung up the phone and then I called back for the second (2nd) time! On my second (2nd) phone call, one of the first things that I heard was a voice recorded message stating that the horrible wait time will be well over (10) minutes long. Can you believe it? A billion dollar company can NOT afford to hire more representatives to handle supposedly the high volume of call! Ridiculous!

Please NOTE: I never have to go through the same experience with Chase Bank, HSBC or even when I used to have the American Express Card either! Only Wells Fargo Bank would do this to their customers because they are so cheap, disgusting and filthy and only care about your wallet and nothing more!

On a potential good note: I eventually reached somebody and was passed on to a supervisor whom I disputed the transaction for just $1.25 and I also complained about having to spend more than (30) minutes on the phone during both phone calls just to dispute $1.25!

Do you want to know what she gave me for my horrible and disgusting, unnecessary waiting time? Answer: Absolutely nothing! PLEASE NOTE: They can afford to waste over (30) minutes on the phone just to dispute $1.25, but can not afford to take care of their upset, dissatisfied customer by at least offering out some Wells Fargo rewards points or something! MY PERSONAL RESPONSE: Grossly embarrassing and ridiculous to say the very least! Final Thoughts: I am now letting the whole world know about the horrible, low class customer service experience that I had recently received from Wells Fargo bank! I am so glad that I rarely use the credit card anyway! Thank you. Angry And Upset Unsatisfied Customer.

Original review: June 3, 2018

This is the 2nd time they've held my payment for more than 5 business days! I always have to call them to release the hold! This time I called on a Saturday and spoke to their supervisor and he couldn't do squat! I have to now wait until Monday which will be 2 weeks! They are horrible!!!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was pickpocketed and robbed in Chicago. I filed a police report. My other credit cards issued me a refund since I shouldn’t be liable for unauthorized transactions. I even gave them my police report. All my other banks were kind and issued me my refund, Wells Fargo sends me a letter saying they found no evidence. Obviously they’re trying to scam me too. Closing my checking and all cards and accounts with Wells Fargo. Good riddance.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I was charged for a service I never signed up for on two different credit cards. On my first credit card with Wells Fargo they charged me 18 months of Credit Defense charges...and on my other credit they charged me seven years of Credit Defense charges...

Original review: April 19, 2018

In October of 2017 I applied and was approved for a Wells Fargo Platinum Credit Card with 15 month 0% interest. Fast forward to April 16 2018 when Wells Fargo added a $111.00 interest charge to my current balance. After complaining to a Wells rep who agreed I had a 0% rate that was active he said I would be receiving a call to make final decision. After a few days a Wells “Rep” from their “executive” office called and in his best legal form of explanation, stated; that yes I had been approved for a Platinum Card but not the 0% percent financing as stated in their offer. Despite the fact that I have an 800 plus fico score would never use a credit card that didn’t offer 0%. This is just one more of Wells Fargo’s ongoing shady business practices. After 17 years Wells no longer needs my business.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Wells Fargo is a ripoff when it comes to your credit card interest charges on purchases. How in the world you can go from $54 interested on one month to $60 interested charge on the next month after one charge. But they going to tell base your balance. But the past few years I was getting charge around $50 each month.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I obtained Cashwise Wells Fargo Credit Card with a credit limit of 7500. I had maybe 1500 on my card out of the 7500. I made regular payments and always on time. I received an alert through my credit monitoring that my credit limit was decreased by Wells Fargo from 7500 to 2450?? I called and I received a runaround stating that because I no longer had my car loan with Wells Fargo dealer services... [It had been paid off.] That they decreased my credit limit? This in turn reflected negatively with the credit bureaus and my credit score plummeted by 13 points!!! I will NEVER do any kind of business with Wells Fargo again. I am very disappointed and disgusted.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I received a loan for a Woodstove insert and I paid every payment on time and knew that I had an interest promo ending this March... Well I missed the deadline by 2 weeks and called to pay it as my new bill came and they charged me an additional $757 dollars onto what I thought was my last payment. I offered to pay the 14 days interest to remove as I have been a perfect client. Never late. NOPE! Case closed. I will not lend from a company so unwilling to negotiate and no grace period!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

It has taken nearly one year for Wells Fargo to refund over $300 that was credited to the wrong account not once, but twice! After 6+ trips to the office where the original error occurred, 15 phone calls averaging 45 minutes each, and monthly promises that we would see the credit on our next statement, plus being passed from one customer service representative to the next, enduring one unprofessional and incompetent employee after another, our account was finally credited. I finally found one competent employee who listened and reviewed the physical evidence of my case. She apologized profusely, and vowed to resolve my case. If it hadn't been for her, I'm certain that we would still be waiting for our money.

The level of incompetency at this bank is mind boggling. Run from this bank!!! They will debit your account in a day, but they tell you it will take “2-3 statements” before you will see a credit, and that is if you are lucky. There's a reason there are lawsuits pending against them. Absolute worst bank and worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

As a less affluent customer of Wells Fargo Secured Credit Cards, in an attempt to establish credit with the bank, I applied for a secured credit card. After being involved in a traffic crash, and not being able to work, I made payments into the account in order to conduct certain business transactions. During the course of these transactions, I made more payments into the account than charged to the account, and now Wells Fargo is claiming that I owe an over the credit limit amount based their notification. The bank continues to assert that I owe an amount that was deposited in the first place, so the question is, how can I owe any money when more was paid into the account than charged to the account, and the bank will not correct this issue.

After contacting the bank on numerous occasions, I have been given the third degree with no indications that they will rectify my account, therefore illegally holding payments that should be available. Another classic case of David vs Goliath, and it's shameful. I intend to cease conducting business with Wells Fargo by closing all of my accounts based on the fact that their customer service bankers communicated with me as if I was a five year old child not knowing what I am talking about instead of admitting that there is a mistake and that it should be corrected. Besides, the refusal to correct this problem has caused my credit rating to fall drastically for failure to pay other outstanding accounts that I have because of their error.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I would not recommend this credit card. I had a horrible experience with this service. I got a Wells Fargo cc b/ a friend recommended it b/ they offer a cellphone protection reimbursement. To make my story short, I submitted all of my paperwork for a claim for my cellphone, including a conference call with my cellphone carrier, statements, etc. Unfortanelly you cannot talk directly w/ the people that make the decisions, you have to make an appointment which is extremely inconvenient b/ my work schedule is crazy. A lot of times they would not return my phone calls so after a few months of going back & forth they denied my claim saying too much time had passed after I specifically asked 2 different reps abt the time limits & they both said I didn't have to worry about the time since I submitted my paperwork w/n the time the accident occurred. I will be canceling my card soon!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I cannot believe the level of unfairness and abuse as evidenced by the Wells Fargo Credit Card policies. Do you know that Wells Fargo has a policy that is rigidly enforced that states that the original interest rate given to you when you first apply for their credit card is the interest rate that you will have forever! I have had three years of perfect management of my credit card, and my credit rating which has gone up substantially, and when I called them up multiple times, to try and get my interest rate lowered, they told me that I cannot request a review of my credit rate.

Their rigid policy says that I am stuck with an extremely high interest rate, 27.24% for the life of the card! This is insanely abusive and unfair. I keep the balance at zero or near zero constantly. Please do not bank with Wells Fargo. Do not apply for a credit card with them. Their attitude towards their customers is still inflexible, and bordering on the criminal. I am starting a campaign against them. Please pass this along.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I have held a Wells Fargo card for many years. Repeatedly, I have problems entering my account online. The website either doesn't recognize me or it doesn't recognize my computer. In any case, I repeatedly reenter the information, which the website does not remember. Then, after three tries, I am locked out of my account. For all the money (and fake accounts) these people have, can't they even run a simple website? STAY FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have promised to get 200 dollars credit card bonus after 3 months of use, and it has been more than a years still waiting to get my 200 dollars bonus. Last December the service representative promised that it will be in my account by 2018, still waiting to get my bonus. And their customer service phone number is very busy, it has been 45 minutes in the phone, still waiting to get someone take care of me, while I am writing this.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Ok, so I've had a Wells Fargo credit card for a lot of years. I didn't have much personal dealings with the company, but today's event broke the proverbial back. I've never missed, or been late with a payment, but suddenly on the last statement a $37.00 LATE FEE appeared. After going through three departments (first two could "find" my account) I learned that the LATE fee was applied for November's payment -- the payment was made too EARLY, even though it was made after I had the monthly bill in hand.

A "late" fee for an early payment? Seems the appropriate fee should be called an "early fee." But, of course penalizing someone for an early payment defies not only acceptable financial practice, but common sense. We're familiar with "due dates" but has anyone ever seen a billing statement with a "not before" date? I called, made sure the fee was cancelled, and got today's payoff amount which I'm about to make, then cut the card. I've seen some fee gouging in my time, but this one sets the standard for gougers. Maybe I'm just too old; I remember the days when a credit card was a handy convenience instead of a way to get fleeced. I'll give two stars instead of what I'm feeling; one star because of all the previous years of good service Wells Fargo provided.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I guess this bank doesn't want responsible people for customers. When I called them to find out why I had been denied the Visa card, they said that my accounts were too new. I know that this is a lie because I am over fifty years old and have had some of my credit cards for over twenty years. Wells Fargo is a loser bank. Run, don't walk away from doing any business with them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have been a customer of Wells Fargo for over 15 years. I am a good customer, I have a few accounts and a credit card with them. I have known that they are unscrupulous and unethical, long before the "scandal" as they regularly stole hundreds of dollars from my deposits when I was running a business that took in hundreds to a couple of thousand small checks in my busy season, but that's another story. I have kept my accounts because of the length of time I have had them and because my business partner has an account there and we can move money between ourselves, the business and have some auto payments set up - just laziness lead me to keep my business here.

So on to the current situation: I have a credit card with a $23,000 credit limit I used the card somewhat extensively, to the limit, in 2014 paid it off and then used it for $35/mo for a recurring payment that was charged to it, that $35 was paid off each month. On August 8 of 2017 I began making large purchases on the card because I renovate homes and was at the point in a project of having to access some of my available credit. Throughout the months of August, September and October I made charges totaling over $23,000 (most were large $1000+ purchases (and a few small ones). On October 4th I made a $4720 charge that put me over the limit. The charge went through, it was near the beginning of my billing cycle that ends on the 22nd so I was unaware.

I continued to make charges throughout that billing cycle, they continued to be allowed even though I was WELL OVER the limit, I received no call and no communication that I was over the limit and the bill was not in yet.On October 6 a small charge of $66 went through (even though I was $2000 over the limit and not notified of that fact) THEN the most egregious: on October 16 I was permitted to charge $948! I received the bill dated October 22 and saw the over the limit, the statement required a payment of $4000 due to the over the limit amount. I made my payment, NOT the $4000 and moved on. I received my next bill and realized that the bigger problem, because it was showing that I had a late payment, was that I was looking at a reporting of late payment. I called WF promptly.

I spoke with a customer service rep, I told them of my situation, of course they could not do anything and they were "allowed" to process the charges and demand the entire amount. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told none was available and one would call me back that day. No one called. The next day I got no less than 4 automated calls stating that my payment was past due and I was in danger of being reported to the credit bureaus. I called WF the next morning, it took about 4 people and I was put in touch with the "executive offices" I got assigned to a case manager, he seemed reasonable, he told me we would get this resolved within 10 days. He called me a few days later, maybe a week.

He offered "one option" MIGHT BE to apply to increase my credit limit, I declined for the reasons I did not want the inquiry on my report, I did not want an increase in my available credit and I would be paying the entire amount off within 2-3 months when my project was completed and sold. He said he understood and would get back to me. He did not, and it was the holidays, as we had discussed as long as the dispute was going no negative reporting would occur. That was not the case. I received an email alert from Experian that there was a change in my credit score, sure enough WF had reported me 30 days late as of Dec 19.

I HAD made my payment, though NOT the $4000 over the limit, I had initiated a dispute with the "executive offices" and was in contact with my case manager - he did not call me back as promised. I spoke with WF today, 2 and a half hours so far, including my "case manager" he was no longer sympathetic, he said WF is allowed to let cards go over the limit and make that amount immediately due. Typical WF unethical behavior, I would have understood that if the charge for $4720, that put me over the limit, was allowed and that additional was immediately due, they could make a case for that. What they cannot make a case for are the 2 other charges over 2 weeks that they allowed to go through. Of course it is because they want the fee paid by the merchant, first on that almost $5,000 and then on the other almost $1000 purchase.

They didn't care how I would pay it, they didn't care what damage it would do to me, they wanted to make their money and who cares about the consumer! When I realized they reported me late, I called. I spoke with my "case manager" and his manager and both said they are allowed to let charges in excess of the limit go through, it is on the enclosures with the credit card, they are allowed to and they are allowed to make them immediately due. I told them they got me, they won, I'd pay the excess immediately, but I wanted it removed from my credit report. Both men told me that they were required to report "accurate" information to the credit agencies. They told me that they were unable to and unallowed by law to change that. WF actually told me it was their ETHICAL and legal responsibility to accurately report negative activity!

I still have not seen the letter with the dispute resolution, the first guy claimed it was mailed on the 20th of Dec. (today is the 28th). I reminded him there was a weekend and Christmas. The next guy gave me a timeline that changed a few times. First he said the dispute was placed on the report on the 7th, removed from reports as resolved on the 19th and reported late. Then he told me I initiated the dispute on the 1st of Dec, they entered it into the credit reporting on the 5th - when I repeated what he told me previously (as I was taking notes) he said they received confirmation from the bureaus on the 7th. During another part of the conversation he told me the dispute was resolved internally on the 14th and case was closed on the 15th. All without notice to me, all while I was waiting for a phone call from the guy who was working on it.

I reminded him that all this time, while that was going on I was awaiting a promised phone call. The first thing I said when I initiated the dispute was that my credit score was the most important thing to me. I did not feel I should have to pay the over amount immediately and I was disputing that but I would before I would allow it to negatively affect my credit report. I thought we were in the middle of a negotiation, I thought, because I was told, I would receive a call before any additional action was taken. They keep standing by that they sent me a letter informing me of the outcome - I was told by the first guy it was sent on the 20th of Dec. Which would have been a day AFTER credit bureaus were notified, so they were notified before I was, the damage was done before I was even notified.

Maybe legally they are allowed to let me go over the limit, and I could have understood letting 25% of the first large charge go through (I don't think it would have been right but not so egregiously wrong) but to continue to allow charges is going against the spirit of the 2010 credit card protection law that no longer allowed credit card companies to let consumers charge over the limit and charge an over the limit fee - ok, they did not charge me a "fee" but they did something far worse. Moral of the story, stay far far away from WF bank. They are known thieves. They do not operate within the law, and if they do it is on the very edge. They do not have any intention of looking out for the interest of their customers, they want to make every penny they can no matter the effect on their customer.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I applied for the Cash Wise Visa because it said I would get a $200 credit after spending 1000 in 90 days. I spent that and called them and they said I had to wait 90 days. I waited 90 days and then they said they were checking into it. I did not get a call back so I called again a few weeks ago and they again were checking on it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Have been banking with Wells Fargo for as long as it has been in Danbury CT USA, this location has changed hands (banks) approx. 6 times since I have lived in Danbury, 37yrs. I recently opened a credit card with that bank (5/17) and have now (11/17) had three different credit card number changes, 1 card stolen and, of course what else, fraud. Dealing with the customer service people has been impossible, resolving an issue takes too much time and I hear such uncooperation when I talk to them.

These huge enterprises are based on their customers, if customer service SUCKS they are going to lose customers. I recently closed credit cards with another worldwide banking enterprise for the same reason. If they don't care, neither do I, there are plenty of other banks to deal with. GET SMART or your worldwide enterprise will become obsolete. You can obtain voice documentation from Wells Fargo bank as they record conversations, if they haven't edited them or erased them to save their own ERRORS!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

HORRIBLE BANK. Do not do any business with this company. Do not get any credit cards with them. Transfer fee out of this world then they set high payment options only. Horrible bank. Stay away, they will Rob your soul and hard earned money from you. If their offer sounds good, RUN. They will empty your account. STAY AWAY FROM THESE BUNCH OF LOW LIFES.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Signed up for a credit card in March 2017, was told I would not receive any interest until 2018 by August 2017, I was billed Interest with 27.99 % ARP. When I called Wells Fargo and asked, they said the “promotion was over”... so they lied about my term agreements. I missed a payment, over 30 days. They closed my account without telling me and now I’m credit score is ruined. Please be aware, I mean, how can you trust a business that made fraud customer accounts?!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I received an invite for a credit card promo ($200) from Wells Fargo and applied for it and was approved immediately. After 5 days, I received the card and tried to activate it online but will not let me. So I called the phone number on the front to activate and was told that I need to go to a branch to activate it. This was a shock as I had 30+ of credit card experience and never was asked to go to a branch. Since my time is more valuable than just going to a branch to get it activated, I googled this company and not surprising to find so many complaints about this.

The next day, I called up to close my card, not wanting to deal with this scam. To my surprise, I was told that they cannot close this as I need to go to a branch in order to close the account. What a scam this is and I regret to applying for this card. I have since filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (if you have issues with financial institutions, this is the place to file the complaint) so that my account can be closed and not have to deal with this bank ever again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Let me start by staying that yes; I mean that even in an infinite universe, full of infinite possibilities, the one thing that I know for sure is that Wells Fargo is the most corrupt banking organization there is. Here is my story ladies and gentleman: Once upon a time, there was a customer named "Super Hot Chick" (Real I.D has been changed in order to remain anonymous).

S.H.C (for short) had an account with Wells Fargo ever since she was a child (Actually it was Wachovia before Wells Fargo bought them out, but the same bank info anyhow). She had a checking, a credit card, and a savings account with Wells Fargo. She decided that with all of the corruption over the summer, she would change to a credit union.

Anyhow, she took out the majority of her money, but left the CC and checking accounts open "just in case." Since her oldest line of credit was with WF, she figured it would be good to keep it open because she heard it was good for her credit score. She had left as well as about $150.00 in checking for emergencies. Well, little did she know that the EVIL witch called Wells Fargo would not let her out of their spell of wickedness that easily. The first issue with her credit card, she had given up on years ago. See, long ago in her early 20's, she had a boyfriend for whom she granted a wish of having him as a co-user on her card. She had this card since she was a little girl, but like an young idiot in love, added him to it so that he could get some credit.

Because later in life they had both moved far away from each other, the only way to rid him of her card was to close the account down completely, simply because they both couldn't be in the same geographical location simultaneously to sign him off of her card. Apparently, the magic sorcery of the two humans remotely signing documents in order to free her of his credit responsibility was too much in W.F. land. Since this was her oldest line of credit, she wanted to keep this card. She should have taken this as a sign!

Anyhow, all during the time of the 2017 summer, S.H. C was unaware her gym membership of $35.00, and an iTunes recurring payment of $8.00 was still being taken out of her account. She also figured she had some money in that account still, so also used it for a random Uber whilst on vacation. All of the sudden in July of 2017, there was no more money in her checking account, so the evil W. F starting taking money from her credit card. You would think they at this time, the evil company would give her a courtesy call and say "Hey, we are using your credit card, you might want to pay this off... And oh by the way princess, we are also charging you fees! Buaaahhhaaahhhaahhhaa" *Insert evil laugh.

Tragically, she received no call. Since she had already switched banks, she just didn't think to check her accounts because her banking moved on elsewhere. There is yet more to the tale though! In August, SHC bought a brand new car. She had saved for three years and put down $18,000 on her new chariot. For the remaining 12K, she actually went through Wells Fargo. Thanks to he husband with an 850 credit score, they got a really good interest rate. She decided to give them another chance. But little did she know what the Evil WF was up to.

Fast forward 60 or so moons. Actually almost 6 months of moons from when she closed her account. She is sitting at work and gets a call. Here is where the story gets interesting folks! S.H.C found out that she owes $400.00 to Wells Fargo. She was so confused. "What are you talking about." She kept saying... "I don't understand." "Well," the really nice C.S. R responded... "You went into the negative over the summer, so we started charging you on your Credit Card. Plus every time you had another transaction, there were fees attached." Here is the kicker.

"YOUR CREDIT CARD IS NOW DELINQUENT." - Do you know what that means little girls and boys? That means that Wells Fargo did not let S.H.C know that not only they were taking money from her Credit Card, but also charging fees. Now, it is actually going to show as a curse on her credit score!! This curse will last for at least five years, all thanks to Wells Fargo.

"Why are you only calling me today??" Said the S.H.C in a very flippant and harsh tone. "I mean why wait until October to give me a call, when you could have let me know about this all summer." The irritated C.S.R could only repeat one thing and one thing only. "This is not our responsibility." "Then why are you calling me today?" - SHC replied, almost yelling. "How would you like to pay the $175.00 minimum payment today" Said the C.S.R, clearly ignoring her question. "I will pay it online, and I will pay the whole thing and close down my accounts. This is why I hate Wells Fargo." "But when do you plan on paying for it?" "Well," replied the S.H.C. "That is not your responsibility or business is it then?" Click!

The moral of the story is this: Never trust Wells Fargo. Not only was she forced to pay hundreds of dollars in fees, the evil corrupt corporation didn't bother to tell her that they secretly compromised her credit behind her back and didn't bother to let her know until it was already delinquent. Say no to Wells Fargo. Join us next time in the second edition: How S.H.C. spent her lunch breaks figuring out how to change her car loan to a different bank.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have two accounts - a mortgage and a no interest credit card with Wells Fargo and I never get statements from them on the credit card so I had a couple late fees for not paying the minimum amount. I called and they were rude and denied any responsibility about no statements being mailed... They have correct address. They say it's the post office fault or my neighbors are taking my mail... lol seriously though they said this. So I'm not getting statements on my variable payment card and never know what to pay and they won't take care of the late fees of $37 a pop. It's really just a scam to steal money from you and they don't resolve anything for you.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I have a 843 credit score, I have my savings, checking and home loan through Wells Fargo, my debit card was stolen, I talked with the bank manager about a credit card to protect my account. I stated that I've paid off a card with them and have been a loyal customer since they bought out Wachovia. I asked for low rate for customer loyalty. I just received my card for 24.99 % interest rate!!! I called and canceled immediately, I didn't even activate the cards. I recommend not doing business with this company. They said only one thing, they would have someone call me, What for? I've have been with them since the early 90's. To quote Rodney Dangerfield, "I get no respect, I'm telling ya"! I am considering moving all my accounts to another bank with better customer loyalty. Sometimes Greed is not the only thing.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information

Wells Fargo
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco
www.wellsfargo.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business