Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.52/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I held a Wells Fargo credit card for three years with excellent standing history. I make 100 grand a year but they refuse to give me a credit line above 1700. I have had and still do have a very good credit history with them and all other loans and cards I have, but still they would not recognize these facts! When you make a payment on your card they will take it out of your account and will not credit it to your card for three to four days after they debit your account. After fighting with them over all of this for three years they have truly made me feel like a non-valued customer. I have just recently canceled my card with them and will never choose any of their cards again and I highly recommend anyone else to choose their credit elsewhere!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

A charge for $11.00 instead appeared as $110.00 on my credit card statement. I filed a dispute expecting a quick resolution especially after providing them the receipt showing the actual charged amount. They refused to correct it. I contacted the vendor who immediately refunded the $98 overcharge and sent me verification. They never posted the refund. I sent them the vendor's verification and they instead added an ADDITIONAL $98. It has been months and this is still unresolved. DO NOT USE Wells Fargo credit cards.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

By seeing 18 months APR balance transfer option, I I applied for credit card in the first week of December 2019, within couple of days I got response saying that my card is approved, Today is January 14th I haven't received my card. On 2nd January 2020 I called customer service and asked for the updated, they directed me to go to nearest branch, When I went to branch they told me I already used the card and $1500 balance on my card which I never received. After I opened a dispute form. From that day till today I received multiple mails to sign off and remail. but I did not received the card. Local branch and customer service are clueless. For no reason I credit score went down by applying this card. I don't know how to conclude this issue.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Through their internal incompetence, they made decisions and took actions that negatively impacted my credit. I have spent nearly eight (8) HOURS on the phone with them with no resolution yet. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing and the left leg doesn’t know the right leg exists. This bank is convenient with all their online conveniences but it is corporate crap show of a joke.

If you value your sanity and time, find a different bank. The convenience of technology/online services they provide is not worth it. They live up to the reputation of being corrupt, corporate sleaze bags. There are plenty of new banks popping up that would bend over backwards for your business and not treat you like Wells Fargo. WF will treat you as if they’re entitled to your business because they’re so big. In this time and age, their size really means nothing to an average consumer so, again, don’t waste your time.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I do not recommend this card. They get you to spend 3000 in first 3 months to get a certain amount of points and after about months interest rate will be $64. Please don’t get suckered in by this. I locked mine and cut it up never want to use it and asked them to never send me anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I received a mail from this company saying I am pre-selected! I didn't notice the difference between pre-selected and pre-qualified. I sent the application but was rejected as I am not a permanent resident. I was not thinking any credit card application at that moment but thought it won't hurt because I was pre-qualified. Will never apply to this company in my life. Feel abused by this company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Just would like to share my experience with Bank. After 5 year always on time payments, using account every month, lots of transactions per month etc. - in one day my ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED. I called banker, they couldn't explain me the reason and referred to wait a letter. I receive a letter and it says the bank reviewed the relationship and decided to close account. This was my fist credit card in US and now my credit score will drop down a lot because of this "reliable bank".

Spoke with supervisors and other department - NOTHING!!! NO EXPLANATION. And they say, "We don't have to explain why we decided to close account" - so no regulations, customer is not protected AT ALL - THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT!!! Just be careful and run away when you see Wells Fargo. Vision statement of Bank: Wells Fargo vision statement is “to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.” Doesn't sound like truth!!! Obviously just words. Never trust this bank. So be aware.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have a couple of credit cards (NOT from Wells Fargo) and have excellent credit scores (800+). After I applied Wells Fargo Visa Card, I had not heard from them for days. I called them. I was told that my application was declined because I already had a couple of other credit cards. Later I learned from my friends that they had same experiences when they applied Wells Fargo credit cards.

It looks like Well Fargo just want to collect our personal information and are not interested in approving credit cards. Please note that they did a "hard request of the credit score check," which will affect your scores for a while. Also, the Wells Fargo representatives are not as nice (or helpful) as Reps from AMEX, Citi, etc.. I would stay away from this bank.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I feel compelled to write about my experience with Wells Fargo after my mother died and I needed to cancel her card. I was directed to the "deceased department," which later turned out to be a collections department. I called twice and they never got back to me. When I finally was able to talk to someone on the 3rd try, the first thing he did was try to entrap me into saying I was responsible for any of her debt. "Are you the person who is now responsible for this account?" "Yes" "So to be clear then, you have now accepted responsibility for any debt remaining in this account." And then he offered condolences. Let me say I cancelled two other cards without either of those companies giving me any issues. This was just sleazy and I will never bank with Wells Fargo after this experience. And her total balance...$40, which I was happy to pay. These people only care about one thing, and it isn't their customers. The way they behaved was really gross.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I was flat out declined any credit twice...with different companies to put in heat at my house where I care for a parent in heart failure. This refusal despite the fact that I have very good credit. On my first attempt to contact Wells Fargo about this, I waded thru their crazy phone loop for 1 hour. Finally spoke with a man who said they would send me a letter with information on it in 30 days. On the 30th day, I received the letter I am attaching a pic of. This letter says to contact TransUnion and that they will not be able to answer any specifics regarding their decision at Wells Fargo. When I tried speaking with someone at Wells Fargo after receipt of this letter, I was given the number (800) 459-8451 to speak with someone about this specific account credit application...for Home Projects.

There, I was hung up on and the next time the man said I had to call back, the line was rendering everything I said impossible for him to understand. I called again and another woman said the same thing. They DO NOT want to answer any questions. And they refer you to places they know will be unable to answer your questions. If they do offer you credit, it is Max of 9,000 (for us our heating unit will cost around 17,000) which forces people to spend more because they know you will have to, then they get to charge you a high, and variable, APR based on the full amount spent. This credit offering and this company seems to be using fraudulent tactics with this credit situation and making money off their customers back.

I understand nothing can be done, and would not have been so disturbed if they had given me some notice earlier with my initial application. It was only after pushing for answers that I got this much information. And I would not have been this frustrated if they had offered me something. But to be completely declined, what was that decision actually based on?!? Again, I own my own home and work hard to maintain very good credit. Please, any help so we can get to resolve this credit situation so we can get heat in the house would be appreciated.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information