Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have 773 credit score and applied Wells Fargo credit card. Simply they declined my card by telling not able to collect enough details on SSN. The reason is just stupid since I am able to connect their customer support using my SSN and DOB. These stupid reason decreased my score. Please don't apply any card with Wells Fargo. You will be cheated by them. They did not even gave a call and explained before the decline. Completely Idiotic Bank.

I applied for a 0% interest credit card with Wells Fargo to get a balance transfer to pay off a high interest credit card. When Wells Fargo did an electronic transfer to pay off Chase, it didn't work. Wells Fargo said it was Chase's fault and Chase said it was Wells Fargo's fault. Wells Fargo suggested sending me balance transfer checks which I never received, I called twice and they sent again, still never received. They said I could get them online so I went onto my checking account and saw my credit card there so thought I could transfer the money into my checking account and pay off my credit card. Turns out it was a 'cash advance' with high transfer fees and high interest. When I explained my mistake to Wells Fargo, they said they would take care of the problem so I wouldn't get charged the fees and high interest.

They kept promising they would take care of it, Weeks went by and I kept getting bills with high interest and fees. So I called again and they said the committee turned it down and it was my mistake. I then called management again, and explained what happened and what I'd been promised, and they were sympathetic and said they would take care of the fees etc. Anyway, I kept getting the runaround with them and still no resolution. Meantime, I getting 24% interest but they did remove some fees but they are still staying I signed the disclosure so I won't be getting the balance transfer discount and interest rates. UGH! So tired of dealing with this company and I don't recommend them. Any other company would have fixed this mistake by now.

I received a call from Wells Fargo fraud team today (Memorial day). They asked me to give them the full account or credit card number. Now, with all the fraud out there I know NOT to do that. By not giving them that info they would not tell me why they were calling, so I asked to call them back. She gave me the number, which I verified, but said they were not open due to the holiday. Then where was she calling from??? After read all of the reviews I don't trust them & am closing my account tomorrow. Now what legitimate bank calls & asks for your account number??? None that I've dealt with.

I unfortunately financed a mattress purchase through Wells Fargo a couple of years ago. Until recently I was unable to make payments using a non-Wells Fargo account and therefore had to pay with a check in the mail like it's 1997 not 2017. The past 2 bills I got FINALLY said that they will now accept payments from another bank but I haven't had time to set up an online account so I mailed checks WAY WAY in advance of the due dates. Like 2 weeks in advance. They held last month's check until the day after the due date so that they could charge a late fee. This month's payment is the same. I mailed it 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't posted. I just had to break down and make another payment online so I will make a double payment this month because they have no email contact and their phone service is automated. I can't prove that they are holding my checks obviously but I'm sure of it.

I have now set up the online banking but I'm tempted to send them a check by certified mail next month so that they have to sign for it. Jerks. I will never ever open an account with these crooks nor will I use a credit card from them either. And I will recommend to anyone who asks for the rest of my life that they avoid this banking institution.

They froze my card as I was trying to make a purchase of $20. The store was packed and I was so embarrassed. When I called WF they couldn't tell me why my account was flagged, or could they tell me what I could do to prevent this from happening again. I asked that instead, could they call, text, or email me that there may be suspicious activity before freezing my card. They declined to help me. So I closed my account and have just opened an account with another bank. The bank I'm with now assured me that they do not follow WF practice. I can understand if I traveled out of state and didn't notify WF. But this was a local transaction and my spending trend had not changed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

I have all of my accounts set up for automatic payments except for my Wells Fargo credit card. I sedan to do auto pay but Wells Fargo double charged me while I was on auto pay and they made it a hassle for me to get my money back. I use their phone app and a year ago I made a payment when the app said it had just opened for the next statement but when the payment posted they posted it to the previous month. After several calls to customer service they applied the payment correctly to the current statement. So right now it happened again and the 1st rep last week said, "Don't worry. I show that payment on 4/27 and the phone app just hasn't updated to show the payment applied for May."

So I waited 1 week and it still hasn't updated so I call and get some moron in the Philippines telling me I have to make another payment and their supervisor wouldn't help me either. So I asked for a US rep who finally said he could reverse the charge then I could make the payment again. I'm going to submit a complaint now to the OCC because Wells Fargo is fraudulently programming their app to tell you a payment is due and then applying it to the previous billing cycle so they can double charge.

I was offered a Credit Card Platinum from Wells Fargo. I never used nor activated. Actually I am for 2 years working abroad. So I have my immigration stamps of dates I was out of the country. As I do not needed the credit card I did not enter or check my online banking. I have a checking and savings account with them with non use at all. Suddenly for a specific reason I logged in to Wells Fargo. And I found that my platinum credit card that has never been used or activated by myself has an over due balance already in recovery department for the amount of $177 and do not explain how they come to that amount. I did a credit report and found that in July 2016 someone used my card physically at a USPS post office. Strange. Also I have in the bank a large amount in savings and also in current account to pay that small amount.

So now they closed my account, no more platinum card, they reported me to the credit bureau, and cannot request credit cards in any bank. Of course I called and did my complaint, they replied "In a few days a person will contact you", however nobody contacted me and they washed their hands saying that as I am far away in Argentina, it is my fault for not answering as they tried to reach me to resolve this issue and I do not picked up the phone.

Ok perfect, I said "When I did the report a lady also asked for email, now you the manager of my case named Freddy, said we do not use emails for contact." Ok so I said "Let's go for a solution, any phone number I can call." He reply. "No Sir. You stay there and keep waiting someone call you." I said "But I can call also." He said, "You can't, the process is our department to call you." So I said "If we never communicate, I will never repair this damage I have never committed." He said "Well is not our business." Please I need indications if someone knows how to proceed or a lawyer.

I first set up a saving account while I vacationed in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I was living In Germany and was going to return to the States to transfer my account to this bank. I return back in 10/15, opened my account transferred what was left in Germany. In Feb. 2016 I noticed money taken from my account. I would usually check my account daily. So I contacted corporate to have them explain this to me and said out right with my large savings account I shouldn't be having any type of fees taken out of my account. So with this information I went to the branch I was dealing with and demanded my money back. They seemed surprised and after a brief meeting my money was returned.

Then the scandal of them ripping off the customer by making fake accounts last year. That made me think about them taking my money like they did early February. What gets me no one on management was fired just 5000 or so that were at the bottom level. CEO and other higher up management should have been fired and imprisoned. But we know that didn't happen. So I closed my account with this band of thieves. One if the managers asked my why close my account. Really!!! I just replied I want be the only one doing so. Still do not understand why millions still bank with these untrusting lot. 2008 when banks were causing thousands to lose everything now this. There is always choice.

Went to Wells Fargo branch to open a business account. Was told it was no problem... But I must have a credit card. But I don't need a credit card I pleaded. Bottom line I was coerced into a card. Later I needed a credit card machine. No problem. To start the account was relatively easy and no mention of the required 3 year term with no exit possibility was mentioned. They work with First Data and set me up with a 4 year lease with no exit possibility without penalty that also forced insurance monthly for the equipment. CAUTION TO ALL. USE EXTREME CARE WHEN DEALING WITH WELLS FARGO. Better still, don't even think about it. Walk away.

They ripped me off when I called in to activate my debit card about 6 years ago. I was force enrolled in a Preferred customer add-on product which I never authorized and lost over $150 plus interest. They ripped off my wife a few years ago when she received a telemarketing call at home and they would not take no for an answer. She was force enrolled in a credit card she did not agree to. Last year, I called customer service and was pushed multiple products over a 10 minute period before I blew a fuse and told them to close all my accounts. My life is much better and stress free without Wells Fargo.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Issue was solved after. please ignore my rage. It's still not the best online banking though but not that bad.

Giusseppe of Germantown, MD on

Original Review

Sometime ago I got a Micro Center credit card that was from Wells Fargo. It was alright at first but later now I can't even login. NOT just that but well calling I am put on hold for 4 hours or is busy. Apparently because I haven't logged in into my online banking I am locked out from accessing it with little to no support. So crappy that I lost hours trying to use their horrible banking. I really wish Micro Center would go with another credit card company. This is the worst!!! If it wasn't for having a micro center card and their "0% interest for x months" then I would NEVER deal with this mess of a company. Not happy.

I had a problem with a purchase made on a Wells Fargo Credit Card account. The merchant was not responsive for over 10 months. I finally called Wells Fargo as a last resort. The customer service representative was absolutely wonderful. I told him I would not pay for part of my purchase since it was 'defective' but the merchant didn't think so and would not do anything about it... not even look at it. He got them to pick up the item and give me a full refund. The merchant then agreed to take the entire order back for a full refund of my year's worth of payments. I am ecstatic... Thank you.

I have this Wells Fargo credit card which I used for a balance transfer which they stated the interest rate would go up to sixteen percent at the end of the intro period, however now it is 17 percent and 25 percent. They are purposely using a low fico score to justify this ridiculous rate as I have a Citibank credit card using currently 738 fico whilst Wells Fargo shows a fico score of 678. And my current interest rate at Citibank is just over nine percent. Called to ask for reconsideration and spoke with a supervisor who stated no one in customer service could change that and they did not have another department that would. Really?

Formerly was a Wachovia customer stuck now with this account and I hate Wells Fargo. Why would you treat a long standing customer this way? I was with Wachovia since the mid nineties when it transferred to these crooks. I really have to figure out how to get a new account and get away from them. Any suggestions of a decent moral bank to go to would be greatly appreciated as my checking and savings accounts are also there.

I just called Wells Fargo Credit Card today 02/26/2017 12:50 pm PST. There was a charged on my credit card. It did not belong to me. I did not want to cancel my card. I have other bills are coming in on Tuesday at the end of the month. I won't rec'd the new card until 5-7 days. I asked the girl I talked with "do not cancel the card now" and to cancel it after the end of the month. Her supervisor came on the line and told me I can't and it is their policy to cancel the card and that is it. He was very RUDE. Wells Fargo, have your supervisors take customer service class so they know how to be nice.

I've been struggling with late fees with my Wells Fargo card dental account for the last year. At first I set up over the phone with a Wells Fargo representative auto pay from my Wells Fargo HSA account. Then missed payment and late fees started occurring. Called and was told I could not pay a credit card from a credit card. They finally agreed to do it because they were both Wells Fargo cards, unknowing to me they set up a savings to pull from HSA and pay dental card. Last Oct 2016, I paid my payment as well as a extra one after billing cycle closed, wanting to get ahead on the interest by making payment sooner. Set this up using dates and payment amount from representative.

December, missed payment again. $2.26 short on payment. Pay the 2.26, and Wells Fargo agrees to remove late fee. Give me a December payment amount minus late fee. Question them about that, and they tell me "Oh yes, that needs to be included also, or you will get another 37.00 late fee." Made the payment and verified next autopay set up from my personal checking. January payment went well. February, missed payment and another 37.00 late fee. So, yet another call to customer service. Now I'm told my payment after billing cycle closed gets recorded as a extra payment instead of a early payment. I'm told I must wait until I get my bill and make payment by due date on the bill.

From what I understand, Wells Fargo wants you to make the payment as closed to the due date as possible. That way they can get the most interest on each payment, and the chance that payment being late is greater, which would result in another 37.00 late fee. Even using the bill pay on thru my checking account, payments goes out on the date I set it up for and doesn't post to my Wells Fargo account for 3-5 days later.

In a nutshell, Wells Fargo set up a savings account without my knowledge, wouldn't let me make a Wells Fargo dental credit card payment with my Wells Fargo HSA account, charged 5.00 to make payments over the phone, canceled auto payments that they set up, 92 months in a row, told me wrong payments for setting up auto pay myself, and charged me a late fee for making a early payment. 8 late fees in the last 12 months. Thankfully the only 2 they reported to the credit companies were the 2 that they canceled without me knowing. I don't recommend Wells Fargo to anyone. Looking forward to the day I pay my last payment and no longer have to deal with them.

I had 40.00 in my Wells Fargo checking account which was set up, without my permission, to pay my Wells Fargo credit card. I did not complain about this as I sometimes chose to allow the automatic payment rather than schedule a payment or send a check. This time, I chose to send a payment rather than deposit the funds in my checking account, which, again, only had 40.00 in it, much less than the funds needed for the payment to my credit card.

Imagine my surprise when I found my checking account overdrawn, because Wells Fargo sent the minimum payment due to their credit card without sufficient funds to cover it in my checking account. Naturally this resulted in my checking account being overdrawn, and apparently the payment to the credit card went through even though I had no money in the account to cover this payment! Now they are threatening to put me in collection for the overdrawn amount and I have to see a lawyer. Again, there was only 40.00 in the account on the day the payment was due, and I had already sent a check to the credit card, as I had done many times before. How is Wells Fargo legally able to do this??

These people are crooks and I am so sorry the day I decided to respond to a credit offer from them. I have good credit and these idiots denied me the credit card they invited me to apply for because I don't have any savings or checking account with them. I called them and I told them "you approved me for my mortgage and then sold it so I assumed that is how you got my name." I told them their marketing strategy is very deceiving and that I would be filing a complaint.

The customer services reps. are useless. I was then passed on to an executive who promised to have underwriting review my application again based on the new info. She called me back the next day to inform me that the decision stands. These jackasses should know that I don't bank with them and I never will. I told them "you are crooks and this is the reason you got busted in California." Now they put a hard inquiry on my credit record. Damn fools. I hope someone is held accountable. I put a stop to all solicitation by mail. I will write my Governor and Attorney General until I get some satisfaction. I am sorry I have to rate them a 1. I wish I could rate them 0.

I have had a credit card with Wells Fargo for 3+ years. My grandmother banked with WF for many years. I applied (with my grandmother as a cosigner) for a college card a few years ago. I was given a 500$ credit limit. I did not have a job at the time but was trying to build credit. I continued to pay my credit card bill in full every month. Fast forward 3 years later to now and my credit limit had increased to 2300$.

Since I have graduated college now and have begun my career making a fair amount for this area, I decided to call and apply for a new credit card with better rewards points as I was getting 1% with my college card. I was told there was a card that I could apply for that would get 1.5% rewards points which seemed good to me. So I agreed to apply for this new card. I was advised that my college card would stay active for 15 days (if my application was approved) and I would receive my new card in the mail within that time frame.

The application process was typical, "how much do you make, how much are your monthly bills, etc." I answered all of these questions. Keep in mind that my credit limit is 2300 without them even KNOWING I have an income now. It raised solely by me making my payments in full. They say that I have been approved and they will call me back within an hr to let me know of my credit limit of the new card.

I receive a call about 45 min later and a rep stated I was approved for 1000$ credit limit. I state that my current credit limit is 2300 and that I make full payments on time every month for years now (and my credit score is 741 so no problems there). She states that after I receive the card, I can call to request a credit increase. I reluctantly agree to this. Although at this point I am feeling like I screwed myself and instead of getting something better, I am getting something worse than I had before.

After I hang up the phone, I go to the store to get something and my college card declines! (I was 1200 dollars away from reaching my credit limit of 2300) I call the customer service number and it states that my card has a balance of 1100 dollars and that it is 1100 dollars OVER my credit limit. So I speak to many reps and no one could give me an answer.

Finally I get transferred to the credit card application department and they tell me that whoever told me my card would be working for 15 days must have misinformed me because it automatically cancels the old card. I then tell the rep that had I been aware of that I would not have proceeded with the application process as I use my credit card for every day purchases and could not be without for many days. The rep was rude and stated that he has nothing to do with my old card and could not help me. So I told him to cancel the new application because I no longer wanted the new card which was 1300 less credit limit anyway!!! He cancels the application.

I go into the branch the next day and received amazing customer service from a woman named Jessica ** (the only person throughout this whole process that tried helping me truly). She takes my problem to the resolution team and I receive a case manager. Keep in mind that now I have no credit card to use, I still owe a bill due in a few days for full amount that I always pay, and now I am having to use my debit card for all purchases. I even had to tap into my savings account. It ultimately took TWO WEEKS for them to restore my old card with my old credit limit. I finally felt that I had received a resolution.

Then, the next day I go to use my card. It declines. Imagine that!! I call once again and spend hours on the phone and finally received a call back from my case manager that my card was cancelled in error AGAIN and she has gotten it restored. I have never in my life dealt with such bad customer service except from the woman at the branch, Jessica. This has financially put a strain on me and I ended up getting screwed all because I wanted to get a better card after finally starting a new career and making better money. Lesson learned. And to top it all off this process lowered my credit score because I applied for a credit card and then cancelled it. And they stated that there was nothing I could do about it except "wait 6 months to a year" to apply for anything else and let it raise back up what was lowered.

This has been a complete mess. From all the reps I talked to, it seemed no one really knew what they were talking about and everyone along the way was misinformed. I do not recommend this company whatsoever. Oh, and don't expect that calls are actually recorded. I asked my case manager if she had listened to the call that took place before my application process with the woman telling me that my old card would work for 15 days. She stated that she could not find this call. I then asked what if this case were to go to court? She stated that not all calls are actually recorded. So take it upon yourself to record calls!! And make sure to ask first and last names of all persons involved!! I only realized this to be beneficial after speaking to the application rep. No one was able to figure out who misinformed me so that they could educate her on policy!! So I'm sure she is out there still telling people that their credit cards will work for 15 days while awaiting new cards. What a mess.

I reached out today to lower my interest rate or to seek assistance in paying off my balance for a lesser amount. One would think that paying off their balance would be a good thing but I can tell you for Wells Fargo it is not. They would like for me to keep paying their high interest rate as oppose to making some payment arrangement where I can pay off my balance to stop incurring the high interest rate. I am so disappointed and dissatisfied with their financial department. In this day and age where people are trying to pay their bills on time and do what is right; one would think that a financial institute such as Wells Fargo would be considerate to their customers knowing they are swimming in filth at this time. What a waste!!!

Opened premier account with these crooks, given a cc with the account NEVER ACTIVATED OR USED THE CARD - my account is not being charge 30.00 (for the privilege of having this cared, that I never used or activated). Soon as possible, I will close all my accounts with the despicable bank.

Earlier today I paid a large amount towards my taxes from my account. Then went grocery shopping & everything was fine. Then attempted to take my son to a movie for $28 & my card was declined because I went over my spending limit. I called customer service & the lady was unable to increase the limit. My son & I are so upset. I have plenty of money but can't spend it. I think I'll switch all accounts including my mortgage to another company. ** wells Fargo. On top of that I keep having identity theft issues. This bank sucks!! And I keep trying to log into my account & it's unable to process my request.

I originally bought furniture from Furniture Plus. Paid it off really early, no late charges. Had a 1000.00 balance. A couple of years later, when my credit score was 858, I bought Windows from Window World. When the salesman was here, I asked him what bank he was going through & he said Wells Fargo Bank, he then put me on speaker & we asked the customer service rep about the original a/c. She found it, we then asked her to do a credit check & increase that original a/c to cover the $ 2,250.00 which obviously would've been only $ 1,250.00 more. She said she did. NOT SO MUCH! I received another Wells Fargo card with a $ 6,000 cr. limit. I cancelled both Wells Fargo accounts. Now I find out my credit score dropped over 30-35 points. Are You Kidding Me? They have already been charged over $12 Mil by US Federal Gov't. Someone Help, Please?

I have a credit card with Wells Fargo for a retail store and I regret opening it. Their customer service does not try to help you out with reversing late fees and they take forever to make a payment over the phone. Online they don't allow me to put my husband's bank information so I had to speak to Jessica and she was not helpful at all. Was not working with me. Every credit card I have they're always so nice and helpful. Last time I will use Wells Fargo. I'm sorry but no wonder they are getting sued. Don't know what they're doing with their customers.

I have had a credit card with Wells Fargo for several years. I used it for groceries and paid the balance in full every two weeks without missing a payment ever. Just recently they held the payment funds for verification and put my credit at a zero balance. I could not use the card that should have had $2500.00 available to me. I called in to talk it through and not one person at the 800 number could answer my questions. I called a local branch and they could not tell me where the funds were or why they are being held. They say it could take up to 15 days to verify funds that have already left my account. Just as Wells Fargo is working through a huge scandal, they are holding up a large amount of funds.

I would advise getting as far away from Wells Fargo as you can before you end up with fake accounts or your own funds held up for up to 15 days. What a horrible experience!!! I have also used them for home mortgage and just recently swapped that account to another lender. So glad that I did. I now have a much lower interest rate and paid far less financing charges. Wells Fargo is only out for their best interest and sadly their customers are paying the price.

I called Wells Fargo on 08-17-2016 to find out, and I've been transferred multiple times on a different department. Then on 08-23-2016 I received a new card, on 08-29-2016 I follow up the investigation, customer service told me I could just go to the any Wells Fargo branch and they will adjust my account. On 08-31-2016 I went to the branch and they told me there were no reference # so they just made 1 from my previous account ending ** and same ref. #. On 09-12-2016 I received a letter saying there's no fraud occurred and this transaction were authorized. This is not true.

New Wells Fargo Visa Signature card account has a $N,000.00 limit. I charged close to that limit, intending to pay it off right away. First problem: Trying to schedule automated bank to bank payment, I found out that you cannot pay more than 5,000.00 at once towards your balance. Therefore, by the due date (Sept 16) TWO automated scheduled time payments from different bank on the amounts $5000.00 and $2213.00 were made on 9/14 and 9/15/2016 towards an outstanding balance on my Wells Fargo Visa signature credit card. Funds were promptly cleared from my non-Wells Fargo checking account on 9/15 and 9/16/2016. HOWEVER, four-five days later (9/20/2016) available revolving credit on my credit card was still only $8.00. On the question “Why the funds are not released?”, WF rep told that since payment was from non-WF account they usually hold the funds for up to 14 days.

NOWHERE in WF credit card agreement nor on the bank to bank transfer Wells Fargo addendum (I have read carefully) said that there is a hold of any length on the Automated Scheduled payments! I talked to the rep on 9/18/2016 and was informed that if I prove that the funds were released by my non-Wells Fargo bank (a fax statement from my bank was required), then the issue will be resolved and funds will be released. Appropriate Fax statement was sent on 9/19/2016 from my bank to Wells Fargo indicating that the funds ($5000.00 and $2213.00) were indeed taken. Followed up call to Wells Fargo – informed that it takes 2 hours to process the fax. 12 Hours later – NOTHING is done! Do I really have to take a bag of cash next time from my checking account carry it across the town to the Wells Fargo branch to ensure a timely release of the funds? Need an explanation!!!

As a long time Wells Fargo customer, I applied for the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card, and was immediately accepted. My FICO score was over 700, and I felt I would be offered an excellent interest rate, within the offer of 13.24% - 25.24%. When I received my card in the mail, and review my information, I was given a very high interest rate of 21.24%. What a joke!! Great credit scores and customer loyalty carry no weight with Wells Fargo. They will "bait and switch" and price gouge customers to fill the pockets of the highly paid executives. Their stock price is now tanking!! No wonder Wells Fargo has been fined $185 million for consumer fraud and deception. They will do anything to rip off good consumers.

I've filed a complaint with Wells Fargo Customer Service and received a response from Tiffany **, but she only said that my complaint was forwarded to their Executive Office. I also filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the government agency that slapped Wells Fargo with the largest fine in banking history of $185 million. They received my complaint, and forwarded it to Wells Fargo for immediate action. File your complaints with the CFPB. Good luck.

Almost four months ago, I signed up for an online dating website. I tried it out for a bit and got a lot of winks, likes and several messages, but they would not let me actually communicate with anyone until I paid them. The only choices available at the time all had reoccurring charges. So I chose the smallest one with the intent to cancel within the three months allowed, so there were no more charges to my card. Near the end of my three months, I tried to figure out how to cancel. There wasn't a number or email address that I could find. I couldn't figure it out after several times and gave up eventually, because the card I had signed up with was cancelled by Wells Fargo. They told me my card may have been compromised so they cancelled it. They sent me a new one which I never gave to Match. So, when I couldn't figure out how to cancel, I didn't worry because they did not have a good, working card.

Well, to my surprise the day after my subscription was supposed to be cancelled without reoccurring charges, there was a charge on my account for $83. But that was a cancelled card! Why would Wells Fargo do that? When Match wouldn't give me a full refund, I called my bank, Wells Fargo to file a claim because I had not authorized Match to charge my account. I did not give them my new debit card number nor did I give them my bank account number and they still got my money! Wells fargo is supposed to protect my money!

To my surprise the claims department said they could not refund my money because it wasn't fraud. She would not file a claim because I did not cancel in time. I told her I tried to but they make it very hard. I was only past the deadline two days. I believe it was fraud because they got my money WITHOUT me authorizing it! After work I went right to my branch to discuss my situation with my "personal banker" (which is bs because it's just whoever is sitting at the desks at that time). He was a young one. He tried to help, but did the same thing that I already tried and was told the same thing. I thought personal bankers were supposed to have more pull and help you out?

Anyway, he got his manager and this is what she told me: Match is a membership club and they are treated differently than other merchants. They are able to get your current information so the transaction can go through, as a courtesy. What? That is not a courtesy! How about an email asking if it had slipped my mind and did I want this charge to go through? That is a courtesy. Especially when there was only one other charge from that merchant, not a whole bunch. Then she explained that my cancelled card (the one they said may or may not have fraud on it) was linked to my new card. Well, no one told me! Why wasn't I told? Im the customer here! I do not work for the bank and do not know their secret rules. Why would anyone think a charge could go through on a cancelled card?

Wells fargo did not have my permission to link the cancelled card to my new card, which I didn't even ask for because they did not know if there was fraud for sure and would not tell me where I went that caused this flag. They just sent me a new one and only called to tell me what happened when I didn't activate it. The new card did not come with a letter explaining anything. I did not know what it was for so I kept my old card because I had no idea that anything had happened in the first place. It took them about a month before they told me.

Anyway, I was not told that the cards were linked and that "membership" clubs get special treatment. This is not a gym membership and should not be treated as one! I was new to Match, only three months, so there is not a long history there. I should have been given notice when they cancelled my card that there was a possibility that it could still be charged or at least the courtesy of filing a claim when match was given my money without my authorization. I'm going to be looking for a new bank, because I am not ok with the way they do business and have secret rules for different companies.

My Wells Fargo Visa credit card line is $3,000 and my balance only $600 and I went to charge $435 and experienced an embarrassing rejection. I paid with another card, but was concerned because I knew I paid my balance off on August 12th. As a business owner, I use the card frequently and always try to keep my balance low. I paid $2631.84 on August 12. I then charged another $300 plus so I made another payment on August 16th of $307 to pay off the balance. Since I paid both amounts in the morning (12th and 16th), both payments cleared by business account on the day they were paid.

When I called, the customer service rep informed me that, due to irregular payment activity and making more than one payment in the month, they placed a hold on my payment. I exclaimed, "Really!! You're holding my payment that left my account 10 days ago and telling me that you're not going to necessarily credit the amount on my card for up to another 6 days???" This customer service rep and her supervisor both agreed that this is their normal process and that it would be better if I only made one payment per month. WOW! They have certainly lost me. I've been with this bank for over 10 years. Time to move on!

I bought a Jacuzzi from our local retailer in May 2015. They offered free financing with Wells Fargo for 12 months, so I took their offer, made my monthly payments early every month and knew I'd pay the balance before the 12 month expiration. In December, I call Wells Fargo customer service and verified that the promotion was indeed ending in May 2016 and I needed to pay the balance before that date. The very pleasant phone rep told me it was extended for another 12 months. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Oh yes, we've extended your promotion of no interest charge for another year." Sweet deal I thought.

This month I received a statement with an $1800.00 charge on my account for the 28% interest payment due, since I didn't pay the purchase off by April. I called to report the info I received from the phone rep. No luck. My mistake: I didn't have the reps info because I had inadvertently tossed my notes from December. $1800 in finance charges for a $5,000 Jacuzzi. Shameful!! Don't fall for this scam. I paid off the purchase with their insane 28% charge, but will NEVER do business with Wells Fargo again.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Profile