Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

3.6/5 (164 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: June 21, 2022

In Nov of 2021, I called in and spoke with a rep from the Wells Fargo Credit Card department. She assisted me with a balance transfer from the Wells Fargo credit card to my Express credit card. I wanted to pay off the balance due which was $507.83. I gave her the number on my Express credit card. She said everything was completed. In December of 2021, I received a late fee from Express in the amount of $35.00. They NEVER received the funds from the transfer. I immediately called Wells Fargo and the next rep from the credit card department said they have no idea where those funds went, but since they literally vanished into thin air, they will be returned back onto my card within 2-3 billing cycles.

I called in several times between January and May and they had no record of anything being looked into. Finally, things were escalated and I receive a letter stating Wells Fargo does not give refunds, so if I want my money back I would have to contact the Express directly and I am still responsible for paying Wells Fargo back the $500.00 on top of still owing Express $500.00!! I reached out to the corporate office in May. They said they would look into it and on June 9th I received yet another email stating I needed to contact the "payee" (Express) to get my money back. Everyone at Wells Fargo is ignoring the FACT I have proof Express never received the payment!

The first rep made a mistake. It's her job to know the requirements for a money transfer. If something didn't look right, if they make mistakes with the numbers, if it didn't fit some criteria, it is Wells Fargo's responsibility to make it right. I made several transfers within the first 90 days I had the card as allowed... This is the only one that went awry. This is a million/billion-dollar company who isn't taking responsibility. I am a single mom and this $1,000.00 is a huge sum for me. I was promised by the rep I would receive the funds back. I simply want Wells Fargo to honor what they told me.

Original review: May 31, 2022

They advertise their great rewards but they take MONTHS to become available to use after you've earned them and then you can only redeem in increments of $25. On top of that, they only let you pay off the card twice a month. Combined with the extremely low credit line compared to my other card, this one is absolutely useless. I recommend Capital One Savor, it has been way better and easier to use for me.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2022

1. The service quality is horrible. The wait time on phone is in excess of 20 minutes. Then you have to listen to the machine telling you absolutely useless garbage in English and Spanish. (Why Spanish since we are in USA?)

2. When I closed the account, I had $14.55 in rewards balance. The Wells Fargo REFUSED to give me that rewards since it is only in "multiples of $20". They, effectively STOLE my money. They are crooks and thieves. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I accidentally booked a hotel reservation through a 3rd party site online. That night after I received confirmation and billing I noticed a large added charge and called to cancel. They would not allow me so I called Wells Fargo and explained what happened and filed a dispute with this 3rd party company called CCI hotel. After 3 months of waiting and filing papers and answering questions I received an email saying basically too bad I have to pay the 491.00. I am closing all my accounts with Wells Fargo and will never deal with them again.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I was charged a $100 cash advance fee for something I was not aware would be considered a cash advance. I expressed this to customer service. Even offered to pay off the charge that day in order to waive the fee. They said the best they could do is a $20 refund. I’ve been a loyal customer. I have never missed a payment. None of that mattered to them. They lost a long-term customer, which will cost them a heck of a lot more than the $100 they charged me. Do not take out a credit card with Wells Fargo. They don’t have your back.

Original review: March 13, 2022

This card bills itself as a 2% cash back rewards card. It may well have been as such at one time but as a new enrollee 2022 there is no cash back coming off my purchases. I signed up for the card expressly for the advertised rewards but there is no such thing. I must have got loopholed out of the 2% per purchase cash back and it makes me wonder what else has been deceptively packaged up here awaiting my scrutiny.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I have paid twice a month every month for the last 2 years. I have never gone over my limit of 2500. I made a couple larger purchases that totaled 2200 and paid it within a couple days. They then suspended my limit and will not restore it without proof of payment, even though my balance shows it is zero. The payment is literally is on my transaction records and they said they could see the payment, but need to see if from my bank's side. Nope! They lost a customer over this. I am not going to beg you to use my money through you.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I’ve been charged double for one purchase. Called Wells Fargo a banker by the name of Mylene answered the call. Told her my issue she wasn’t interested in doing her job as she wanted me to keep repeating my complaint. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she transferred the call out of the credit card department. When I asked if I’m speaking with a supervisor I was told this was the debit card department And the banker that answered was not a supervisor. I would have to be transferred back to CC department again to make my complaint.

I work hard for my income as Wells Fargo bankers have no respect or care for the consumer or issues that I was having that caused me to call about a double transaction charge on my account. I felt like an number not a human being when I spoke with the first rep/banker as they’re called. From the moment I started speaking with Mylene if that was her name I felt disrespected. When asked to speak with another banker she stated that she has to complete my call then transfer me over to a supervisor. Which she transferred me out of the department completely. Is this how professional bankers get trained. I’m not asking for a loan or any other service from Wells Fargo. My experience with their bankers was very unprofessional and I felt like they was playing a game of table tennis switching me from department to department because of their unprofessional banker did want to get the training to become a professional.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I got blasted today by an online consumer reporting agency and Wells Fargo. It said I was matched for this card by analyzing the content of my credit report and spending habits. I took the bait and applied for the Active Cash card. After a bit of difficulty trying to enter my physical address and mailing address WF says they need time to verify my info. The best way to confirm my personal information is to ask me not go on an internet run around. I'm still awaiting the decision. Whenever someone claims to have difficulty verifying my personal info it means no, it means declined, in spite of what these online credit sites try to say. It's not as if I'm needing to borrow money all of a sudden in my old age. Like I said, I just took the bait and started clicking. Tomorrow is another day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Called the reward center to book a flight using my miles. The city I wanted to travel to is not listed on their page. If it was I would have made the reservation on my own. They kept waiting for over 1 hour. This is not the first time. I complained in the past but it seem they don't care.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information