Find a Credit Cards partner

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

3.6/5 (402 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: July 30, 2021

Two years ago I received an invitation to apply for the Platinum Visa with 18 months no interest on purchases and balance transfers. I received the card with a low credit limit, not enough for a reasonable balance transfer or to make big purchases. I kept the card for about a year by using a check I received to transfer any balance or expense. I paid it off way before the 18 month since I closed the account in a year. No problems whatsoever. There is a local Wells Fargo so I decided to make the payments in person since I have heard so many complains about payments through other means. I asked for an increase of my CL, and I was denied. My credit score is excellent. I read the fine print that you cannot apply again but after over a year.

A year passed and I received another invitation for the same credit card that I closed, and was accepted immediately online with a massive credit limit offer. Keep in mind that my credit score is still excellent. Wells Fargo will not give you an increase even if you are in excellent shape with them but you have to call them on the phone and again there is a hard pull on your credit file for the same credit card. Be aware of it. I'm afraid mostly about fake charges and fraud charges and mixed ups as other have experienced with Wells Fargo credit cards. For that reason I will continue to use this card ONLY at a few business and not making it a main credit card. I prefer American Express for their outstanding customer service, specially in that area.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

My Wells Fargo Visa Card has a very high limit and the interest rate is low. Of course I pay my balance each month so there really isn't any interest. I also get cash back on my purchases. There is no annual fees as well. I would recommend this card to everyone with good credit.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have used it all over the world. It is always accepted. The customer service is wonderful. They spend the time necessary to solve whatever problem might arise. Moreover, their anti-fraud department is extraordinary. They contact me right away if any spending appears out of the ordinary.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Applied for a credit card online through Wells Fargo. Granted, my credit score is well over 800, so when I didn't get a response I immediately wondered what was up. Four days later I get a letter in the mail. It states "IDENTITY CAN'T BE VERIFIED"... I called #WellsFargo at 1-800-967-9521 and they told me I have to prove my identity. Give them my driver's license, social security # utility bill, homeowners insurance, car insurance copy of car registration. And since when is a driver's license, and social security # not good enough to prove your identity? All and anything you do is online now, and I been around many decades, but Wells Fargo can't find me!!!! They were able to pool and put hard inquiry on Equifax with my info to see score over 800, but IDENTITY CAN'T BE VERIFIED. How is that possible, JUST ASKING?? I do not want to do business with company that does not have its act or ducks in row.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Horrible experience. Applied for Wells Fargo Credit Card through Micro Center. Credit Card and statement sent to wrong address. I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY CREDIT CARD. I CANNOT CREATE Online account as I do not know the credit card info. I called and paid the statement amount for the purchase @ Micro Center. Despite late payment fees in being charge continuously from last 7-8 months. Executive office (Head Quarters) incapable of resolving the issue. My credit score went down by 120 points. Very pathetic experience. DO NOT RECOMMEND Wells Fargo Credit Card.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Today, 30 Sep 2021, I called WF's customer service phone number and someone or something answered. It was so garbled I couldn't hear. The person/recording seemed to repeat the same words. I said I couldn't hear because of all the ambient noise. The WF person or recording cut off the call. So, really terrible phone assistance. Actually NO PHONE ASSISTANCE.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

So this company has our mortgage and they have all details of our with them and their credit dept (simulates info on their customers which is why they send us offers to open credit cards with them, right!) send me a pre-qualified offer to apply and I haven't applied for any credit cards in the past 4 years and so I applied to this one where they are giving me $200 after I spend $3000 in purchases. I have a sufficient income to satisfy the application PER their own requirements, I have a cr score over 800 and they choose to deny my application with a ref number. I call to understand and the all the agent blabbers is, "Your application was denied due insufficient income"?! I have a great Cr Score and I have the income per the requirement and I pay a mortgage to this bank and I was sent a targeted code to apply!!! I didn't go to apply on my own, The Bank asked me to!!! It's unfair when Bank sends us a code based off of our info and then hit our credit for applying.

Agent 1 then transfers me to another colleague saying he can't understand. This agent 2, a woman is the rudest Customer service employee I have ever come across. She wouldn't listen to my issue and just blabbered if I needed to add more details to my application, I said I don't need to distribute any more data on me 1) because I am targeted and I got this code to apply for this little card which one simulator of yours denies while the other thinks I should be sent this offer 2) because I qualify per conditions stated.

SHE BANGED THE PH without listening or resolving the issue just mentioning, "Anything you say is documented here," if that's true then she is being recorded too, so is WF telling their agents to behave like 'rude kids in the park' with their customers coz how is this allowed? How do they have the audacity to behave like animals in the wild with people on phone? And, No I don't want to offer more info because I don't like Wells Fargo to gather more data on me when this USELESS BANK WITH THEIR RUDE STAFF doesn't even know what they are doing!! Wells Fargo is collecting and distributing data on customers via such credit card applications - WF bank DOESN'T have my legal permission to gather and keep private data on their files.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Wells Fargo sucks. In 2016 I had an account open under my name And they refused to fix it for years. Number 2 had 3000 Dollars taken from my bank account. Wells Fargo operator admitted that it was fraud And did nothing to get my money back or stop it. Worst bank in history into this date. I'm still going back-and-forth with them Just getting the run around anyone I deal with this bank. I will remove all money mortgages loans and not deal with these people. The corruption level is high.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I have used this bank for 9 years. They send requests asking me to get a credit card. After applying it is not approved. The day after I get this letter I get another offer to get a credit card in the mail from them? I have good credit. It seems that you have to have perfect credit to get their cards or a loan from them. I am moving to other bank that has no problem giving me a credit card.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Submitted a claim against a merchant for adding a hidden 5% credit card fee. They ruled in favor of the merchant before they even received my statement. They always represent the merchant; they have no interest in protecting the cardholder. Customer service always a waste of time, no matter the problem you have. If you can't pay cash, at least use a card with better customer service.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information