Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

3.8/5 (296 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo (NMLS #399801), one of the biggest financial services companies in the country, provides home purchase and refinance loans in all 50 states. You can check rates online and then apply online, over the phone or in person with a local mortgage consultant. Loan options with Wells Fargo include conventional and government-backed loans, as well as jumbo loans and loans for new construction properties. As of the publishing date, Wells Fargo has temporarily suspended applications for home equity lines of credit (HELOCs).

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I will highly recommend it to anybody, I have become a bug fan of Wells Fargo after using other banks for a number of years. They have given me 2% rewards rate, I can redeem that for anything I want. I also got a good long period of 0% intro APR.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

We went on vacation in August of 2021. We paid for our vacation ahead of time on a different credit card. When we arrived at the Isla Palace resort in Mexico after waiting on ferry’s and cabs half the day, they issued us our room number along with room keys. The resort asked for a credit card in case we wanted to charge any items from the gift shop or had any incidentals. Before walking away, the hotel called us back to the front desk and told us our room was not ready, so the hotel was upgrading us to a better room because of our Anniversary and the room not being ready. I asked on several occasions before accepting the upgrade if it was totally free of charge from the hotel and was told yes, that the hotel was upgrading us.

Midway through I got an alert that my card was charged 600 dollars, so I called the front desk. They told me that it would be credited and that they had to charge it and then credit it back for book-keeping purposes. The charge was removed. On the day we left there was no balance due. A month later I get my statement and the resort had charged our card 600 on the day we left. However When we left we were told there was no balance, because we had not charged anything to the room and the hotel upgraded us. Wells took 6 months after I filed a fraud claim for the investigation. They allowed the hotel more than the allotted time to produce falsified proof. There was not signatures of us accepting a 600 dollar charge. However the hotel submitted our check in signature. Everybody signs on check in and the card was put up for incidentals.

They allowed this resort to produce three different signatures and documents we had signed for check in. They allowed them over the allotted time allowed for dispute. I believe they know it was fraud. Towards the end they blamed it on Visa, yet I was told WellsFargo would be ruling into on the dispute. As far as I was concerned this was fraud not a dispute. This resort committed fraud upon us after we paid almost 3500 for this vacation. We were forced by Wells Fargo to pay these fraudulent charges. They allowed this resort too much time to present obvious fraudulent evidence. It is obvious. We never slid a card or put a chip in. The hotel asked for the card and we gave it to them. They told me they had to record the number for incidentals. I am so unhappy with Wells Fargo. They have allowed.

Fraud to be commuted upon me and my husband and we had to pay the 600 to the resort. The resort rubbed it in our face. They know it was fraud. I would like our money credited back to us. Wells Fargo should follow the rules on the fraud investigations. They could not have properly investigated and ruled against us. It is obvious what occurred. I will never use their card again and will continue to fight this. It is ridiculous what they did. They also owe us an apology, because they are calling us liars. It should be corrected. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and they failed. They are not trustworthy. We are very honest people who work hard for our money and have great credit. Shame on them. Don’t use their card!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Received a letter from Wells Fargo. Closing our three checking accounts and four credit cards within two weeks. I called, went into my branch, got the district manager and head of escalation complaint departments. All have the same answer. Business decision. I want a reason. I think that I deserve a reason, as I have been with them for 9 years, with no bounced checks or late credit card payments. I think that for a "professional corporation", it is unethical and rude.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I have very good credit, sought a balance transfer, WF issued the minimal Credit, limit amount for someone with no credit, insulting. I paid off a Mortgage with WF early with never being late. When I called them to increase, the agent tried and the system told them the account was too new. The agent could see this prior relationship and it was marked good standing. Total waste of time and I ended up with a Hard Credit Inquiry.

A better experience would have been on their web application, to have taken the current income, desired balances to transfer, current credit score and provided back an estimated range of credit pending confirmation of the credit report. One can then decide upfront if they want to continue with WF or not. I had to take the time to call WF, cancel the card, and look for another one, fortunately. As I said, WF still in the 70s with respect to Credit approval

Original review: June 21, 2022

In Nov of 2021, I called in and spoke with a rep from the Wells Fargo Credit Card department. She assisted me with a balance transfer from the Wells Fargo credit card to my Express credit card. I wanted to pay off the balance due which was $507.83. I gave her the number on my Express credit card. She said everything was completed. In December of 2021, I received a late fee from Express in the amount of $35.00. They NEVER received the funds from the transfer. I immediately called Wells Fargo and the next rep from the credit card department said they have no idea where those funds went, but since they literally vanished into thin air, they will be returned back onto my card within 2-3 billing cycles.

I called in several times between January and May and they had no record of anything being looked into. Finally, things were escalated and I receive a letter stating Wells Fargo does not give refunds, so if I want my money back I would have to contact the Express directly and I am still responsible for paying Wells Fargo back the $500.00 on top of still owing Express $500.00!! I reached out to the corporate office in May. They said they would look into it and on June 9th I received yet another email stating I needed to contact the "payee" (Express) to get my money back. Everyone at Wells Fargo is ignoring the FACT I have proof Express never received the payment!

The first rep made a mistake. It's her job to know the requirements for a money transfer. If something didn't look right, if they make mistakes with the numbers, if it didn't fit some criteria, it is Wells Fargo's responsibility to make it right. I made several transfers within the first 90 days I had the card as allowed... This is the only one that went awry. This is a million/billion-dollar company who isn't taking responsibility. I am a single mom and this $1,000.00 is a huge sum for me. I was promised by the rep I would receive the funds back. I simply want Wells Fargo to honor what they told me.

Original review: May 31, 2022

They advertise their great rewards but they take MONTHS to become available to use after you've earned them and then you can only redeem in increments of $25. On top of that, they only let you pay off the card twice a month. Combined with the extremely low credit line compared to my other card, this one is absolutely useless. I recommend Capital One Savor, it has been way better and easier to use for me.

Original review: May 20, 2022

1. The service quality is horrible. The wait time on phone is in excess of 20 minutes. Then you have to listen to the machine telling you absolutely useless garbage in English and Spanish. (Why Spanish since we are in USA?)

2. When I closed the account, I had $14.55 in rewards balance. The Wells Fargo REFUSED to give me that rewards since it is only in "multiples of $20". They, effectively STOLE my money. They are crooks and thieves. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I accidentally booked a hotel reservation through a 3rd party site online. That night after I received confirmation and billing I noticed a large added charge and called to cancel. They would not allow me so I called Wells Fargo and explained what happened and filed a dispute with this 3rd party company called CCI hotel. After 3 months of waiting and filing papers and answering questions I received an email saying basically too bad I have to pay the 491.00. I am closing all my accounts with Wells Fargo and will never deal with them again.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I was charged a $100 cash advance fee for something I was not aware would be considered a cash advance. I expressed this to customer service. Even offered to pay off the charge that day in order to waive the fee. They said the best they could do is a $20 refund. I’ve been a loyal customer. I have never missed a payment. None of that mattered to them. They lost a long-term customer, which will cost them a heck of a lot more than the $100 they charged me. Do not take out a credit card with Wells Fargo. They don’t have your back.

Original review: March 13, 2022

This card bills itself as a 2% cash back rewards card. It may well have been as such at one time but as a new enrollee 2022 there is no cash back coming off my purchases. I signed up for the card expressly for the advertised rewards but there is no such thing. I must have got loopholed out of the 2% per purchase cash back and it makes me wonder what else has been deceptively packaged up here awaiting my scrutiny.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information