Disclosures
Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

3.8/5 (438 ratings)

About Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Wells Fargo (NMLS #399801), one of the biggest financial services companies in the country, provides home purchase and refinance loans in all 50 states. You can check rates online and then apply online, over the phone or in person with a local mortgage consultant. Loan options with Wells Fargo include conventional and government-backed loans, as well as jumbo loans and loans for new construction properties. As of the publishing date, Wells Fargo has temporarily suspended applications for home equity lines of credit (HELOCs).

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Wells Fargo sent invitation for new credit card if gets approved and after spending 2K in 3 month will get $200 cash sign on bonus. Card was approved, I spent $2500 and paid my bill in less than 2 month. NO BONUS. After making several calls was told that I was not offered bonus. Why not? Nobody can tell me, except I was not offered bonus. When I do have original letter offering bonus. Will not do business with Wells Fargo, Anybody that I come across I beg not to do business with them. Wells Fargo is not holding to their promise. Agata BH

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

By far the worst bank I've had the displeasure to use. I purchased an item in 2021 and never received it, I contacted Wells Fargo to reverse the associated fees and interest charges as the company I purchased from REFUNDED my money but Wells Fargo credit me $.18 CENTS for 18 months worth of interest on a 2200$ purchase. I am refusing to pay this and will be seeing them in court. They tried to tell me they were a stand-up financial institution and I was overreacting but they just stole 3.7 billion from customers and claimed was only mortgage payments they stole. Such morals they have, only stealing from one customer but not the other. I hope they fail and are removed from the banking industry. These are crazy deceitful and deceptive business practices and not the first time they have been in trouble for this.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I contacted Wells Fargo in regard to a fraud case with Zelle. I was scammed $1500 for an apartment and was trying to get the money back from my scammer. I never received notification that the case was started and called back 3 times while my scammer was harassing me to notify Wells Fargo and try to take action. Wells Fargo brushed me aside and said that "they are working on it". I still received nothing in regard to the case.

After 3 weeks had passed, I called again to see the status of my case. During this call I was notified that my case was closed. Again, no notification about this was sent. I was told that Wells Fargo reached out to my scammers bank to try to get the money back. I have no proof of this and am certain that if Wells Fargo would have acted quickly and efficiently they could have of gotten my money back while my scammer was actively harassing and in contact with me. I am very upset with the service provided by Wells Fargo and do not recommend that anyone use this bank. Horrible customer service cost me $1500..

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

My 18 months of no interest is expiring soon and I logged in to pay it off- they lowered my limit to $100 less than the balance- I'm sure it was in hopes that I'd go over the limit. Lied to me about why when I called too!! Said they've checked my credit and I have late payments reported in the last 12 months - I have ZERO lates and my credit score is higher now than it was last year when I applied. They refused to up the limit but that's ok- I got what I needed from them and gave them nothing in return. There was no need to lie and say my credit score dropped when clearly it's excellent.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

I have a Wells Fargo Active Cash credit card with a credit limit of $38,000. I have an 840 credit rating and pay off the balance every month but recently made a large payment for a roof replacement that pushed my balance over $35K. I paid the balance in full on December 14 to avoid any chance of exceeding the credit limit, even though full payment was not required until the end of the month. The payment was made from Chase Bank where my checking/savings accounts are located and the payment cleared Chase on December 16.

For some reason that I was not able to obtain from Wells Fargo's so-called customer service, the payment was marked for review and additional charges resulted in the credit limit being reached, after which additional charges were declined. AT NO TIME was I advised of this and, when I called Wells Fargo to determine why charges were being declined, I was told the $35K payment was being reviewed and the lock would not be removed until December 30, a full two weeks after Wells Fargo had received payment and my Chase Bank account was debited.

I asked why the payment was under review and was told that there might be many reasons but they refused to tell me why this particular payment was frozen. I demanded to speak to one of their bankers who also refused to tell me why my payment was being reviewed. This incompetent, authoritarian told me there was a process that I could go through to request an early release but that they would do nothing to expedite the release or explain the freeze to me. Keep in mind that they had already received the money from Chase 9 days previously and had not informed me by email, text, or phone.

I demanded an immediate release of the review and was refused. They have lost my business and any respect I might have had for them. The only reason I obtained this card was for a 2% cash back but their reward process is ridiculous. The rewards are only credited at the end of each billing period, regardless of whether the charge had already been paid, they only allow rewards to be credited against charges in $25 increments, and the process of applying the reward to outstanding charges takes nearly a week to show up.

Add this to their incomplete website (e.g., charges that have not yet cleared their internal system appear in the outstanding total but not as an actual or pending charge so their website balance does not match the charges shown, etc) and Wells Fargo is a company I will never deal with again. They are incompetent, their customer service is dismal, and you will do a lot better with a 2% cash back card like Capital One Spark offered by a company with a lot more competence and a much better online interface than the morons at Wells Fargo. As soon as I can redeem the remaining rewards, Wells Fargo has seen the last of me except for the comments I'm going to place on every forum and the complaints I'm filing with the Arizona Attorney General and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I applied for a credit card balance transfer 12/2/22 due to direct mail/advertisement from Wells Fargo for 0% interest for 18 months. I thought this would be helpful during the holiday. It has been a nightmare. I was immediately approved, and now the balance transfer still has not happened and no card rec'd. I called two days in a row, and the status is pending. The rep lied to me that balance transfers may take 15 days (When I applied it was in writing 5 to 7 days) and was not concerned at all with how upset I was that I am about to get hit with a ton of interest from Discover. (Discover is amazing FYI) I tried to just cancel the balance transfer and was not allowed.

I was transferred to a "team lead" Angelica who should not be a team lead. I was obviously transferred due to being upset. So she tried to be abrasive from the get-go with no customer service, just on the defense. I will admit I did lost my temper and hung up which never happens, but the rep's arrogance and no apology or help with my dilemma caused me to hang up. In short, DO NOT GET THEIR CREDIT CARD. Especially if you need a balance transfer, so many cards out there and this has been nothing but stress and worry. AVOID their credit card if you want sleep at night and stress-free experience. :)

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I've been a customer of Wells Fargo Bank for more than 26 years. What I've just discovered is Wells Fargo Credit Rewards is a separate entity from the bank. As such it can AND HAS attached outside sources to your account - to be more specific PAYPAL, which you should know, is mostly unregulated. That alone should be enough to start making you ask questions, which Wells Fargo will do the Texas Two-Step to avoid an acceptable answer. As a starter, I'm dumping my Wells Fargo Rewards Credit Card. I want ZERO connection between my credit cards, business accounts and personal accounts. Most of all I want good solid answers from WF. It appears politicians are now in charge of WF and they are doing their absolute best to avoid a real answer. Never Again, Wells Fargo, Never Again. The jury is out on exactly how much business I'll pull from this outfit. I

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

This is pretty much the worse banking decision you can make for yourself, having anything to do with Wells Fargo. Applied for a Reflect Visa and got accepted and initiated the 'balance transfer' offer. A month later and my all balance transfer offers get declined by Wells Fargo and no one is able to give me an answer. I was just on the phone with 2 supervisors, 3 customer care specialists and these people do not have the slightest clue what's going on. Credit card is open, limit is there but they cancelled the transfers and they do not know why. The incompetency is unreal, they cannot give you answers. Do yourself a favor and run, fast. Literally any bank is better.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I signed up for and received a Wells Fargo Active Cash card after seeing that they are listed as one of the top cards for 2% cash back each month along with an additional $200.00 cashback after spending and paying off $1000.00 in 3 months. When I tried to sign up for online access to have this card paid via auto pay, I received a message that they could not process my request online. I made over 4 hours of phone calls only to be told that because I do not text, I would not be able to have an online account. WF apparently wants me to call each month to give a rep my bank account information instead? I was told that I could not be authenticated to set up a payment account, but I could alternatively go to a local branch, but there are none in the state of Ohio.

I then asked if how I could get the 2% cashback and $200.00 bonus, and I was told that I would have call each month. I am older and do not text, and this was not in their disclosure that texting is the only way to authenticate a person who wants online account access. All of my other accounts are all online with zero issues. I am left wondering if WF is planning on just keeping all of the 2% cashback amounts as well as the $200.00 new customer bonus? This is the first account that I have ever had that will not allow me to pay them online! I just now noticed the BBB "F" rating--Too Late!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I will highly recommend it to anybody, I have become a bug fan of Wells Fargo after using other banks for a number of years. They have given me 2% rewards rate, I can redeem that for anything I want. I also got a good long period of 0% intro APR.

Wells Fargo Credit Cards Company Information