Disclosures
Old Navy Credit Card

Old Navy Credit Card Reviews

About Old Navy Credit Card

Old Navy is a clothing and accessories retail store with locations across the U.S. The bright and open-concept floor plan lets shoppers quickly identify the different sections throughout the store, including men's, women’s, kids', baby, plus size and activewear. Each store’s layout and selection is different based on geographical location and inventory.

Old Navy Credit Card Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I got some fraudulent charges on my Old Navy card from Barclays and it has been a nightmare trying to get someone to fix the problem. I have been calling them for the last two months and every time I call, they tell me that they have taken care of it and will not be responsible for those charges but I keep getting calls and emails about a past due payment and late charges. I have spent hours on the phone every week, being transferred from place to place and being told different things every time. No one seems to do anything to help me and after two months, I’m just so frustrated. I will never, ever again get a Barclays credit card.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I have a store credit card and have been a card member for over 15 years with no payment issues. I usually keep a $0 balance and so my auto payment was cancelled. So I made a purchase in store and my card was declined. No notification from Barclays that my payment was missed and no notification that my card was going to be put on hold. I called customer service and all they did was try to sign me up for text notifications about my account, even though I had already opted in for e-mail notifications and they aren't being sent. Total lack of communication from this company and no way to make a complaint online, it just sends you to their same customer service line in the middle east where no one can help with anything. I will never be getting another Barclays credit card again.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I had an Old Navy Credit card for 10+ years with a small credit limit. Not one increase the entire time. Never late. I closed my account. Recently the store has a good deal with card. I was declined. Guess 800 score is needed??

Customer Service

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I was at Old Navy, Edwardsville IL. When checking out was asked if I wanted to apply for an ON credit card to save 30%. Once application done, the clerk said there's a computer glitch. Another clerk said it's a global issue and I would get an email in the next day or so with my approval and I could bring my receipt and tags back and they'd give me my discount. When I checked email later, already had the approval email at 4:49, receipt time 4:51. Called corporate, they gave excuse that there were computer issues, said to call manager before going to see if I needed more than receipt.

Called manager, the only way to get my discount was to refund my total debit card amount and charge my credit card to get the discount. I get wanting to have people put money on credit cards but I've already paid for it. The only reason I was applying for credit card was to save the 30% that day. Seems like just a way to get you to come back into their store, especially after reading some of the other reviews with people having the same issues. What a run around and inconvenience, forget the discounts and do not apply for their credit cards.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed March 31, 2024

Beware! Barclay credit, through Old Navy, is horrible to you. They don't send cards and you don't know who to pay, suddenly they mark a late payment on your credit card when it was their fault! I went to dispute and they won. They have such distrust, a year later I opened another credit card (a better one with Citi) and they reduced my credit limit! I'm closing this card!!

Ease of Use

Reviewed March 28, 2024

Approved for credit. Made purchases--don't mind their clothes prices at ON. Time to make a payment. To set up an account online it askes 6 security questions--6! Then to add my banking info, it asks questions about where I lived, the kind of car I drive, my ex wife's name--from 20 years ago! I failed one of the questions. Frustrated. I just want to make a payment. Called their CS to make a payment, same questions. Couldn't get around them. Asked for a manager. She could override the questions. Added my banking info. Paid it off. Will never use it again. I'm all about ease of use.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

Charged $55 for an online purchase in Oct.2023. I got a letter in mail saying that I now owe $220. This letter was received 2/28/2024. I called customer service and they said I signed up for paperless statements and they sent emails. My wife and I searched all files on email account and found that no email was ever sent. I never signed up for paperless statements and they never sent an email. They did reduce the $165 in late fees to $42 and I paid it, just to make my life easier. I believe this is a scam, "don't sent an email and we can collect late fees." Account closed and will not shop there again.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

Illegal and unethical!!!! I was at Old Navy, where I spent $455.10. The cashier asked if I wanted to apply for a credit card, if approved it would give me a discount that would bring my total under $300. I have a credit score of 784, so I figured it would be good to get the savings. I was shocked when my application was declined. I was so embarrassed to be denied right in front of a crowd of people, when I know I was qualified. The cashier said I would get a letter explaining why I was declined.

The next day, I received an email congratulating me for being approved for an Old Navy credit card. They denied me in the store so I wouldn't get the savings. Then sent me the credit card hoping they'd get money out of me. Typical bait and switch tactics. I called Barclays and they blamed the store. They sent me to the store's customer service, who said it was the bank's fault. Both were pointing fingers at each other and neither was accepting accountability for their blatant illegal tactics. I will never use this bank for anything and I'll never shop at Old Navy again!!

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

Old Navy credit card never sent me an email or notification regarding the payment. They like to play quiet and surprised you with late fees. Not only the first time but many times already. I’m sick of this credit card company. I’m done with it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

I received late fee for my Old Navy Credit Card. When I called customer service to resolve the issue, to find out the reason of the late fee on my account they hanged up twice, saying that the system is down and to call on a different day and it was so hard to understand the person, since they were talking so fast with an unclear English pronunciation. Very disappointed it their service, I will close the account with Barclays Bank.

Old Navy Credit Card Company Information