Find a Credit Cards partner

Old Navy Credit Card

3.9/5 (271 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Old Navy Credit Card

Old Navy is a clothing and accessories retail store with locations across the U.S. The bright and open-concept floor plan lets shoppers quickly identify the different sections throughout the store, including men's, women’s, kids', baby, plus size and activewear. Each store’s layout and selection is different based on geographical location and inventory.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Old Navy Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Hello. I had Old Navy cc for nearly 5 years, with no problems whatsoever. Recently and by the beginning of August, I received an email from Old Navy saying that they are promoting me to a new status (notice I didn’t ask for this) Then they informed me that I will receive my new card within 5-7 business days. After 10 days the card wasn’t there and I got worried, and I called the bank to let them know that the card didn’t make it to me yet. The person on the phone assured me that it’s late and she will issue another card. Then on the same day, I received the late card. I tried to call the bank and tell them no need for the new cc, but it was late. I also discovered that the person who helped me closed my card and she didn’t inform me. For over a week I had no card, and this was a huge inconvenience for me.

In the meantime I had paid the amount of $3700 online towards my card on August 7th. Three weeks from that day and I couldn’t see this amount reflected on my account. I called the bank to realize that they can see the amount but they don’t know where the money went!!! I let them know that the amount was taken out of my other account and it was cleared from my bank. I also provided the tracking numbers and all the information they asked for. I was assured that they had received the amount and it will reflect on my account. Three weeks later I receive a statement to say that my balance is -$3700!!!! I called the bank again and asked what is the reason for that, the answer was ‘’Oh! We owe you this money because we had taken it twice from your bank, and we will issue you a check with this amount”. I got the check and thought it will be over.

Three weeks after that I had another statement with the $3700 on it, and when I asked I was told to pay the amount I received via check because it was a mistake. I asked the person to connect me with another employee to confirm this and she hung up on me after being on the phone with the bank for 2 hours! Now I need you to know that I believe it’s a fraud and I need help, because I don’t know what is going on with the bank. PLEASE HELP. GUIDE ME. IT’S A NIGHTMARE AND I WANT IT TO BE OVER.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I do not usually write reviews, but my experience in dealing with Old Navy credit card fraud charges has change it. I reported back in June 5 fraud charges that appeared on my card. A representative was very helpful in opening an investigation for all of them. I ended up following up 2 more times since charges were not reversed in July or August, but each time was told that it takes time and not to worry about that. Still in September it was showing a balance. After talking to 3 representatives including two managers and spending almost two hours on the phone I was told that everything was credited back.

The frustration was that everyone spoke very confidently, but none really listened and wanted to look if they made a mistake including the last investigation manager, Angela. I explained in the fifth time how many fraud charges took place and was told that all of them were credited. She kept repeating the same thing instead of looking into each charge separately. She was too confident to start thinking and looking. I almost felt that I was incorrect. The end result was that they missed one fraud charge. What a surprise?! Despite my initial call when all fraud charges were listed one was missing. I do not think that Old Navy credit card is worth of 2 hours of arguments and 3 months of waiting to settle the fraud issue. Hire competent people and train them well.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Aug. 22, 2021

I finally got an answer from one of their customer service agents. The site is migrating from the credit card company to the Old Navy Gap store account and should be completed by 9/3/2021.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Old Navy changed their credit card to Gap and changed the rewards system which now is only available on their store website. Unfortunately, thousands and thousands of points are stuck in pending with no plans for them to fix it! I’m not sure why, but they may be denying points for certain purchases? At any rate currently there are nearly 100,000 of my points sitting in pending purgatory that they are not converting so I can use them! I will probably need to start using a different card. Beware! I also think their completely throttled their points returns so they are much less favorable. So where I was receiving $250 in value each month now it’s about $86. If you were relying on this card to help pay for your kids' clothes it’s changed dramatically. I’ll probably stop shopping at Old Navy and start spending more at Target and anywhere else.

Original review: March 20, 2021

For no reason, and no explanation, my available credit was dropped by $1000. This then put a ping on my perfect credit record. They need to place a statement on your credit report stating reason “why”. Eg: not spending enough, not using enough, late payment, etc. I have not used this card since Dec 2019.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I just opened the Old Navy credit card yesterday. I received 20% off my original order. It did take a couple of times to enter the discount code on their website only because I sent order to another address. Corrections had to be made on my part. That 20% is beneficial to me at this time.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Each month we pay our bill in full. The payment is taken, but the balance does not become available for as long at 2 weeks. After multiple call and hours wasted, no one in customer service could explain this. Ultimately, the response we finally got (which still didn’t make sense) was that the card company holds our payments for 10-14 days without opening the balance back up so the card can be used (for the first 6 months after opening the card). Why? No one could offer an explanation for that.

My credit is good and we keep no balance on there that isn’t paid off within a week or two (always before the due date). There is nothing indicating that I could be a risk of nonpayment. Also, my available balance/available credit changes almost daily, despite not having used the card or made payments for up to a week. None of this makes any sense. I will say that I enjoy the benefits of using the card (when I’m able to). I’ve already received $150 in rewards and have only had the card a few months. That’s why I’m giving it two stars. If it were up to the quality of their customer service however, I would give them zero.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I made a purchase on 10/14. It was "Prime Day" for Old Navy and a ton of other stores and they were having a huge sale. I went on Synchrony to make a payment on 10/17 (early like I always do) and noticed a charge for 10/16 that went through. I did not make this purchase so I contacted their fraud department. I've worked in fraud for several years and am ACAM certified so I am very familiar with how fraudulent activity occurs, however this seemed a bit odd to me. When I asked the fraud specialist how this transaction occurred with the card still in my possession, on a secure web browser (their website), and without the activity being available in my transaction history, I was told that I wasn't able to be given this information and that it would be available at a later time in a letter that would be sent out to me.

In the meantime, my current card would be shut down and they would be sending me out a new one. So after doing a bit of investigating, I am seeing that there are a ton of reviews about Synchrony shutting down credit accounts. Perhaps this is to cover up a huge data breech within their system and to avoid costs and fines associated with a breech. If you have a card, my suggestion would be to monitor your account activity and you bank account activity, because there is usually a domino affect. I've had my card since 2006 and never had an issue, perhaps Old Navy should look into using a different organization for their credit services.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I opened a credit card account and when the 1st payment was due, my bank sent a check. When the second payment came it didn't show my payment. Bottom line: tons of texting and phoning and waiting online to the tune of at least 15 hours. They still have not found my 1st payment but acknowledge the 2nd. Complete jerks> wouldn"T even send me an email of the statement that I never got> "Have to send it in the mail". Suggestion: do not do business with Old Navy or their "Bank" called Synchrony Bank!!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

I’ve had an Old Navy Card for a while now and never had an issue. I’ve never been late on a payment and I haven’t even had a balance on the card since January 'cause I always pay it off immediately. Then I just get notified by Credit Karma that Old Navy closed my account!? So I called them up to asked why and she says “they randomly do credit checks quarterly” and I said okay??? I have great credit and in fact my credit is better than when I first applied for the card???? Then I asked her if I could speak to someone because this is clearly a mistake and having them close it will absolutely negatively impact my credit score and she said “sorry, no, but they will send a letter in the mail”???‍♀️ Honestly, I don’t care enough about Old Navy to give this one more ounce of my time but I will say that I won’t be shopping there anymore. Hey Old Navy, I can’t wait till you go under cause you’ll deserve it????

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have 3 children, all girls preteen and under. I love the rewards on this card because my girls are always growing and I can use them at any Old Navy brand store. I'm already a big Old Navy fan so shopping there for the entire family is a no brainer. Plus, the points offered are usually really good as I can usually earn an average of $40 a billing cycle to use. The card is a Visa so it's offered pretty much everywhere and the customer service has always been really good.

Old Navy Credit Card Company Information