Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Old Navy Credit Card
3.07/5

Old Navy Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Old Navy Credit Card Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I made an unexpected stop at Old Navy with my grandsons. Armful of clothing for their birthdays. I knew from previous visits that I could have them look up my Old Navy Store Card with my ID. This time though when the clerk looked it up she said it must have been closed. Asked if I wanted to open a new one so I could get my 50% off. Stuck with an armful of merchandise, I said yes. When I got home, I checked my account. Now I have a store card and a NEW visa card. I did not want nor need. Find out that the clerks get promoted and awarded if they open up the new visa cards. This is fraudulent and should be an illegal action.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I opened my account in November 2018 and made several purchases and payments. I paid off the card in March 2019 and had not used it since. I just went to check my account, and it was closed. I called, and was told it was cancelled due to a credit check in July. I never received any notice and I genuinely do not understand why my card was cancelled. My payments were all on time. I’m extremely angry as I checked my account today to see what I could spend on new pajamas, and now it’s nothing. Old Navy needs to partner with a new bank. This is unbelievable.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I had my Old Navy card cancelled despite outstanding credit and no late payments. I pay early. Apparently they only want customers who pay their 25% interest. Synchrony is an extremely corrupt company. I like shopping at Old Navy. I hope they start doing business with a more trustworthy credit card company.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have had several issues where I have made payments and received a confirmation number. I then check a few days after the payment to find no withdrawal occurred and then go to my payment history on the Old Navy Credit Card site and there is no record of payment. This isn’t the first time this has happened. Recently, I made a payment at the beginning of August. On the day I received my bill I made the payment for 8/23. I just checked on 8/27 and nothing had cleared. I logged onto my Synchrony Old Navy credit card site to find that no payment was processed. I then scheduled a payment, now a day late, and it even gave me a duplicate warning. However, when you go in there is no record of duplicate payment. Super frustrated with their system. I’ve also had months where I receive no bill and have been charged a late fee.

Original review: July 30, 2019

So I use this card around school clothes season and another time is usually Christmas. Had this card since Sept 2016. Always paid my balance off and never missed any payments. Out of pretty much nowhere Synchrony Bank reviewed my credit scores, customer service said they do quarterly and decided to close my account due to information they found on my credit. Even though I wasn’t in bad standing they just up and cancelled my card. I called customer service about the info and told me they sent a letter in the mail. Well I have multiple accounts with Synchrony Bank and those haven’t closed out of nowhere because of my credit scores. How crappy. Guess I’m not shopping at Old Navy anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: June 29, 2019

My account was closed for a early payment that was insufficient. Payment was made again and 10 days they closed my account. I found out on Credit Karma I could see if I didn’t make the payment. I made the payment again after learning the first one didn’t go through. This sucks because they won’t allow me to talk to a manager. They keep playing on the phone. I guess I will contact corporate. I never heard of any one card being closed for INSUFFICIENT FUNDS.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I opened this account last Christmas. On 5/14, I paid my balance in full. On 5/20, Synchrony closed my acct after they did a credit review, which of course made my credit score go down. Why would they even do a credit review, my credit history with other businesses shouldn't play a part in their decision. My history with Old Navy should be what counts. I thought paying off my account was a positive thing and would help my credit. If I missed a payment or late with a payment, then a credit review would make sense. I noticed that many of these reviews are similar to mine. Old Navy isn't the one who made the decisions, Synchrony bank set the rules and guidelines. However Old Navy should reconsider what bank is contracted to handle the credit cards. They are really giving Old Navy a bad name and causing them to lose customers. As long as Synchrony handles their credit card, I won't be doing business with them.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I opened my Old Navy Card 2 yrs ago. I charge my purchases and then pay off pretty quickly and always on time. It has been about 3 months since I used my card. Credit Karma alerted me my account was closed. Logged into Old Navy and they said I could reapply... They just hurt my credit by closing that account, why would I ever reapply? Based on this experience, I will never shop at Old Navy again.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Rewards point gone. Credit card canceled. I made all of my payments, had the card for 1 year. I can imagine that the way Old Navy treats its loyal customers will result in their failure. I can see this one Old Navy store in my tiny community getting shut down. And it will be no sweat to Old Navy. They don't care.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had an Old Navy Credit Card since 2016 that I used regularly until May 2018. I had not purchased anything thereafter. Today, I logged into my ON account and found out my card was closed. I had never missed a payment or did anything that warranted this and when I contacted customer service, they just let me know it was closed and I would a detailed letter stating why. Honestly, do not apply for a card because if you do, you'll have to deal with subpar customer service along with the headaches of a company that is clearly incompetent. I will definitely dispute any negative remarks Old Navy attempts to make. You've been warned!

Old Navy Credit Card Company Information