Old Navy Credit Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

0 stars!!! I'm trying to rebuild my credit so I applied for this Old Navy card. I was only given a $200 limit but I was happy with that. After a few months I will received a letter saying they were decreasing my limit, die to my credit score, they lowered it to 100. I continue to make on-time payments, paid it off then my account was closed. Again because my credit score, they never told me they were going to keep running my credit score, it was never mentioned that they would be making these inquiries on my credit. I called them, they said it was a requirement to have a certain score. I explained I was rebuilding. They didn't care, they said nothing they could do, it was up to their discretion. I've stop shopping at Old Navy, if you can treat your loyal customers like this I want no part. Take your card and shove it!!!

If I could have given this credit card company no stars I would have. My credit line was decreased without a letter being sent out to notify me of this change, all because I have not used my card for a few months. I think this CEO can go rot for treating card holders this way. Their clothes suck and are not even good quality. It's sad that the consumers are the ones that suffer from a unprofessional lack of communication.

I've been having problems with my card Old Navy Credit Card since August 2016. My auto payments started being kicked back in August. I had auto payments set-up just in-case I forgot making a payment. So, in August I got a late payment and made a payment on my own over the computer and it went through. From then on our I was making payments every month on my own and they would go through but my auto was still getting denied. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and didn't understand what was going on. I called them and went over account info with them which was correct and they were a joke. They were still receiving hundreds of dollars in payments from me every month. They closed my acct due to lack of payment even though I made almost $500 payments in 2 months.

I called them back and they told me I had to prove my bank acct was correct. I had gone to the bank and got a letter saying clearly my acct hasn't changed and I've had the same one for years. I attached that to a letter from myself with whats going on and listed the payments that did go through. I didn't hear anything so 2 weeks later I called back and asked what was the update to my account and their response was, that's not enough info. I have to write a letter about what happened. I told them "I did that if you clearly look at all pages I sent." It's November and still not cleared up with about 5 phone calls to them and 2 stops to my bank. I paid them off in October and will never use them again! I dont want this to affect my credit card score more that it is and I want my Old Navy Cash of about $40!

This company is horrible. I sent them a check for over 1800 from an escrow account. After several collection call messages left on my voice mail I realized something was wrong. After being on hold for what seemed like years I finally decided to use the chat online feature. I was told the check never arrived. After verifying with escrow the check was never cashed, I had the check canceled and a new one issued. I confirmed the address, got the new check and sent it that same day. Two weeks later the collection calls started again. Connected to chat and again was told the check never arrived. Unbelievable. They told me to fax over a request along with documentation. I won't hold my breath. After seeing all of the online complaints why is this company allowed to continue Operations?

Dropped my credit down for no reason. I was never late and always early in payments. However, I didn't use it every month nor did I max it out. Awful card, high rates, and TERRIBLE clothing. Overpriced and overrated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

I recently got married and lost my old navy card with all the stress and moving around. I requested a new one and they locked me out of my account online access. So I ended up missing a payment because everything I do is online. I do not request paper statements. I paid the $88.00 as soon as I received my new card and they LOWERED my credit limit back to 300.00 without notice. WORSE CARD EVER!!!

Two days ago I received a bill from Visa Old Navy from July 22nd. That day I paid with my bank debit card and opened but did not use the Old Navy card. When I called the Visa Old Navy that I was charged on their account that was not activated. The customer service stated that I would either have to fax or mail proof of the receipt from my debit card. When I asked about such an inconvenience for me as the customer to fax or mail them that they would offer a gift card, the customer service stated they could not do anything. Needless to say I closed the Old Navy Visa account and would not use. They already made a mistake of billing me when I already paid, what other mistakes would happen! #dontopenvisaoldnavyaccount

I signed up for an Old Navy card but I immediately regret it. I never used it, never activated my account and I still got some mysterious fees accrued on my account that I never got alerted of. You should only be charged if you actually activated your card in my opinion. I'm going to cancel it as soon as possible.

Started out with a good/excellent credit score. The Old Navy employee straight up lied to me in order to persuade me to open a card, and once I did and took a look at the receipt, called her out on it, wherein she back peddled and now I can't do anything about it. My credit score dropped TWENTY-NINE (29) points because of this one card. Paid it off, and will be canceling it immediately. The moron who opened it also put my Birthday in wrong, so I had to go through an entire BS process with corporate just to pay off my card.

I was approved for some credit and I purchased clothes. I waited on an invoice for months. There was no paperwork on how much to pay or anything. All of a sudden it goes to collections. Severely poor customer service.

Customer service. If you try to pay your Old Navy card online, it is the worst experience to try and pay your card. It's like they do not want you to pay your card so synchrony credit is responsible for their customer service which I feel they must hire the low-end of people. They are rude, disgusting, will not help you. I going to tear.

I opened an Old Navy card, paid on-time, more than the minimum. Six months after opening this card, Old Navy did a soft inquiry on my credit (without my knowledge or authorization). Unfortunately, a medical bill appeared during that time on my credit report, which made my score drop and based on this... Old Navy decreased my balance from $300 to $200. At the time, I had $125 charged on the card, so because of the decrease... my credit utilization was impacted and caused my score to drop even more. I was advised by Old Navy customer (who are very rude, I might add), that they base their credit increases and decreases solely on credit score, regardless of payment history. I continued to pay on time, until the next incident, where one month I wanted to make a payment, using two separate accounts, registered in my online profile.

I made the first payment, which was under my minimum payment due and then followed immediately to make the second payment from the second account and was denied the option. I had to find out the hard way that Old Navy's system allows only one payment a day via, so my second payment had to be made the next day and I was charged a late fee. The late fee was reversed (so they claimed), but my minimum payment the following month was increased by Old Navy.

I was advised that it was due to the late fee being charged and once I made that payment - the balance should go back to the normal minimum fee. Well, that didn't happen and the minimum fee was even higher the following month. Needless to say, I made the decision to close the account. Mainly, to avoid another soft inquiry and any possible negative impact on my credit, because I didn't use the card as much. Secondly, the customer was horrible and the whole billing issue just left a bad taste in my mouth. I use to shop at Old Navy frequently, for my 8 year old and could care less if I EVER step foot in another Old Navy after dealing with this card. They lost a loyal customer!

They took out 125 and blamed it on me and said I would have to wait 20 days for reimbursement. I'm in freaking college. They screwed me over with bills. I owe my mother the 125 for covering me and then I owe a bill 175 and I'm diabetic and hypothyroid and can't get meds that are crucial. I'm actually in a crisis over this. Oh and let's not forget another 90 dollar bill. And I didn't get so much as an apology. The woman was rude and tried to blame me. And when I tried to pay my bill online it wouldn't log me in and so I called and then the automated system just booted me to a rep who tried to charge 30 for running my card. Once this is paid off I'm canceling the card and taking business elsewhere. They are actually putting my health at risk because they screwed up.

I love the Old Navy Credit card. I pay off my balance early every month and so I have never experienced any problems. The 5% rewards for future purchases are fabulous and there are many offers for additional discounts available when you use the card for Old Navy/Gap purchases that are not available to other customers. Plus with the new Navyist card, ALL orders have free 3-5 day shipping. No minimum purchase required. When I called one time to question why I hadn't had my rewards credited, the CSR doubled what I was owed and applied it immediately

I have had my Old Navy Credit card for a little over a year. I had an incident while trying to pay my bill. I had inadvertently put in the wrong routing number. I spoke with a CSR person and gave them my bank info again. I received an email stating that my payment had been returned. I called to straighten this out AGAIN for the 3rd day in a row. I was hung up on. Within a half an hour I received an auto dial call from another department letting me know that my payment was returned and that my payment was now late. I was furious.

Finally, the payment information was taken without error. I thought this would be the end of the issue until I came home to find a letter from Old Navy letting me know that my account is suspended because of too many returned payments. (I am not even at half of my limit nor have I made more than 1 late payment to this account). This is a company that clearly has no idea what any other part of the company is doing. Do they not have a "note" section for each account? I may have been okay with the suspension if the returned payments were my fault. I think it is super when a company penalizes you for their employee's data entry errors. This card will be paid off today and cut up! I will no longer shop at Old Navy or any of their sister companies. I will warn everyone against their credit card and company on a regular basis.

When I set up my bill pay, I apparently typed one wrong number for my account information. I tried paying my bill 4 times and each time it never told me there was an issue, only that 'my bank declined the payment'. So a charge of $66 became $125. When I called Synchrony to see why my payments never processed, they said "I don't know, but you owe $125". After arguing that I've tried to pay the entire balance each time I was billed, including the late charges, that I will pay what I owed originally, right now, over the phone, he said, "well you already tried to pay the full amount of $125 anyway so what's it matter". Not realizing that I was talking to someone who has the world’s worst customer service, no remorse, and was so argumentative, I just hung up, paid off the card of DOUBLE my original purchase, and cut up my card. NEVER get an Old Navy Credit Card.

I made a purchase at Old Navy San Luis Obispo, CA. I was offered an "Old Navy discount card", and told it would bring my total down by twenty percent. I asked specifically if this would show up as an inquiry on my credit, because I am in the process of applying for a MORTGAGE LOAN, and don't want any new inquiries. She assured me it would NOT show up. After entering my information into the computer she said there appeared to be a problem, and she had to contact "headquarters". She handed me the phone, I spoke to a woman to "verify my identity", which I found odd. I was worried that someone had stolen my identity, causing this extra layer of "security", but now I know that they signed me up for the OLD NAVY CREDIT CARD.

I'm incensed. I went to my credit report and found that the ONLY blemish I have is a hard inquiry from OLD NAVY. I will never use their store or their card, and after reading the experiences of others with that card, I hope action is taken against them so they are forced to clean up their act. VERY UNHAPPY WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Worst decision I have ever made! Do yourself a favor and do not be tricked into this. So if I make a payment of $60 (more than the minimum payment) a month, I still get charged an interest rate of $25, so then I'm basically never going to pay this off. I feel so unbelievably stupid for letting them get me with their "good deals". Going to cut up my card today!

Old Navy randomly closes my acct one day. After going through a horrible automated system, I finally reach a live human being. I ask them why they closed my acct. The csr agent just ignored my question. He tells me that I didn't pay last month. I give him the confirmation code, he states that this was returned. He said it was a bad acct. Again, I tell him, "well I pay all my other cards with this same acct and it is always processed. I've been paying on time for a year (since I opened this card) and nothing has been paid on my acct. It's still the same exact balance it has always been. I have not made a purchase on this acct for 10 months so I don't know where my payments are going." Customer agent ignores my request and just tells me he will reactivate the acct so I can pay online.

At this point, I am angry!!! Why am I paying for an amount with the extra charge when I clearly made a payment. This would not have happened if they didn't just randomly close my acct down. Why hasn't my balance gone down since I've been making payments, on time, every month for the last year?! Do not ever get an Old Navy Credit Card! This was the worst decision I ever made. I'll probably be paying for the next ten years and nothing will happen!!!

Signed up for an Old Navy Credit Card. Got it in the mail with an interest rate of 24.99%. As far as I am concerned that is highway robbery. I will not use this card. Interest rates are at an all time low. Note: We have excellent credit.

Rarely shopped at Old Navy and still really don't. Was tricked into applying for a credit card to "save" money and used it once. Waited to get my card so I could cancel it, but I never received it. Ever. After 3 months. Tried calling Customer Service and the horrible people were no help, explaining they had the wrong address and would resend it. Months go by, still don't get it. Get multiple calls from a number I can never call back because it tells me it's been disconnected. Now I get letters claiming I'm being moved to a debt collector. I never wanted the damn card in the first place and why would I use something I never got in the first place? Old Navy should be ashamed for tricking and having horrible customer service. Never shopping there again.

I had the actual purchase of $33 and some cents. We recently moved to Texas, and because of the postal service, the mail transfer was messed up and one of our neighbor received all our mail. They just gave us all the mail one day, and as I received, I saw Old Navy card and the interest they charged. I spoke to the Customer agent and they don't even want to understand the situation. I told them, "it's not my fault," but still they don't listen. Everyone will have bad experiences, but for some reason, this one I didn't like it. If it was my fault, I would have paid the interest, but if it's not my fault, why should I pay the interest? Other companies like Kohl's and Macy's understood the situation and helped me. But Old Navy didn't even want to listen and I ended up paying the interest.

I've been trying to settle a delinquent account for months, the collection (synchrony bank) agency used by Old Navy makes it impossible. The wait time to speak to the department that handles settlements is unbelievable. And you have to repeatedly say why you stop paying on the card, how will you be settling the account, and blah blah blah! It's so frustrating now they've charged my account off, and I could have paid the settlement months ago.This is so disturbing, please don't ever become delinquent or even get a card with these people. It's a trap, with every purchase they increase your limit by hundreds of dollars.

On March 18, 2015, I had a balance with old navy for $50.47. I got a new credit card with 0% interest on balance transfers for 6 months, so I transferred that, and a few other small balances. To date, they all were paid, EXCEPT this one. When I called the company to inquire, they nastily told me they never received the check from the bank. I said, oh really... Why is it that Victoria's secret, which is the same bank, different PO box, got, and processed their payments, along with Walmart and kohls? I will wait another few days. Oh, and they have the nerve to send me a new bill with interest charge on it... so if and when they ever get this payment, I STILL OWE THEM $1.81.

I was given OLD NAVY CREDIT CARD. It was great due to credit limit was like 6 grand. Then for payments I thought I would be able to do it in the store for the first time since it was like a walking distance from my house. The mall was like across the back of my house. I went there and they told me they do not accept payment and I got to do it Online payment. So I did online payment actually two times attempts online payment I did on 02/14/15 then 2nd attempts on 02/20/15 both was denied due to the reason of wrong routing numbers or whatever for 2x attempts. Come on, that don't make sense while my checkbook in front of me!! Instead of just paying a total payment of $106.77 as total balance, I ended up paying a total of $133. 85 on 2/25/15.

This whole scenario was - they wanted to make money by charging you more for late fees while their Online payments are disasters, store services payments are lacking and what's the use of this Old Navy credit card anyway? You will be stressed out and angry with this no sense. Online payment services doesn't work and not up to date information. When you created your Online access to review your Old navy online account has never changed!!! And by calling for customer service payment it will charge you too. So you know what, just cancel my Old Navy credit card. The heck with this Old navy card, it was a messy services. I don't need a boiling point where it make me angry and stress out and go up my blood pressure especially I was in my coumadin treatment. This Old Navy card is sucks. So don't be fooled by giving you a higher credit limits and later on they will make your mood miserable.

Have had this account over 2 yrs. and last used about 10 months ago. Always paid acct. in full. Recently Old Navy made a "hard" inquiry on my credit report causing my credit score to go down. I have to wait 2 years before it drops off. Closing this account immediately!

I went shopping at old navy. After a very long time on line, I get finally to the register. And trying to check out, I'm told one of my cards is declined, knowing I have 92$ left on my old navy card...still declined. The young lady (very nice and helpful) puts me on the phone with a customer service agent, very rude at that. This woman continues to tell me my payment is scheduled for the 19th. And I have a past due amount! So not true. And I can only pay by check over the phone, with a 10$ charge. No one was helpful at all. I will no longer hold this card. This is a shady company, and they do not care. I will continue to spread the word, as I have been told they are a horrible company.

I recently was browsing the Old Navy website to make a purchase during the black Friday weekend sale. Decided to check my account to make sure how much credit was available and it said I only had $35! I knew it couldn't be right since I had just paid it off. After checking my statement activity online there was a purchase of over $120 which I knew I had not made! After speaking with a representative which I could barely understand she told me what might have happened was when the cashier entered my reward number in the computer, she may have mixed up numbers resulting in a charge? I asked if this happens often and she said yes! And that she would file a dispute and the money should be returned in 30-60 days!!! Couldn't believe it. So there goes the holiday purchase and another old navy customer! As soon as this is settled I plan on canceling the card!

Today marks the end of my battle with the rude Old Navy Customer Service Lady, whom has been harassing me for months. I had Card Security Insurance on my card, and for the third, and final time they cancelled my balance due disability issues. I then cancelled the card after Card Security paid the balance in full. Card Security sometimes pays payments to Old Navy Visa late. This intern leaves a negative mark on the customer's credit report. I have tried for months to get past these vindictive telephone and credit analysts at Old Navy. I requested the one 30-day late on my report be removed. They said they only do that once as a courtesy, and refused to remove it.

The rude telephone operator placed me on hold, and made me wait forever. I hung up and had to hide my identity just to get past her to Jonathan. I then spoke directly to the supervisor Jonathan; he said they would remove the negative mark due to disability complications. Old Navy must contract in home operators who are really lazy, and abusive to customers. I had Old Navy for almost a decade, six years at least, and never had a bad experience with them. Today, lo and behold, I was denied credit, because mysteriously the blemish is still on all my credit reports. I think this operator is in cahoots with the witches who analyze the credit reporting issues. Needless to say, I will never take out another card from Old Navy Visa, and will encourage others to opt out to their credit offers as well.

I have filed complaints with all three credit reporting agencies, because it's the only way to get past these whack jobs that have mysteriously taken over the customer service area. I really think that Old Navy must have started contracting in home help, this woman doesn't sound professional, and the service has just declined so horribly. I'm glad that the card has been cancelled. I could never do her job, and would never want it. If she is just a nice lady trying to make it the best she can then "I'm kind of sorry." Many people are not cut out to be customer service representatives, and in my opinion this particular agent is one of them. I could ask Old Navy to investigate the phone calls, and how she treated me, but what is the point? They are obviously desperate for customer service representatives. I will never have another credit line with them, and might never purchase from them in the future.

It's not about inability to process payments on time, it's all...about interest. They hold our payments on purpose, the longer, the better for them. They accumulate thousands of dollars in interest each day, they hold your payment on a separate account. Should it be illegal? Well, I don't see how it could be, many companies do this. Old Navy just stretches it out way over the maximum time ... but they are such a large organization that even if you leave, it won't matter.

Old Navy Credit Card Company Profile