Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Old Navy Credit Card
3.20/5

Old Navy Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

98 Old Navy Credit Card Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I had my Old Navy card cancelled despite outstanding credit and no late payments. I pay early. Apparently they only want customers who pay their 25% interest. Synchrony is an extremely corrupt company. I like shopping at Old Navy. I hope they start doing business with a more trustworthy credit card company.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have had several issues where I have made payments and received a confirmation number. I then check a few days after the payment to find no withdrawal occurred and then go to my payment history on the Old Navy Credit Card site and there is no record of payment. This isn’t the first time this has happened. Recently, I made a payment at the beginning of August. On the day I received my bill I made the payment for 8/23. I just checked on 8/27 and nothing had cleared. I logged onto my Synchrony Old Navy credit card site to find that no payment was processed. I then scheduled a payment, now a day late, and it even gave me a duplicate warning. However, when you go in there is no record of duplicate payment. Super frustrated with their system. I’ve also had months where I receive no bill and have been charged a late fee.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

So I use this card around school clothes season and another time is usually Christmas. Had this card since Sept 2016. Always paid my balance off and never missed any payments. Out of pretty much nowhere Synchrony Bank reviewed my credit scores, customer service said they do quarterly and decided to close my account due to information they found on my credit. Even though I wasn’t in bad standing they just up and cancelled my card. I called customer service about the info and told me they sent a letter in the mail. Well I have multiple accounts with Synchrony Bank and those haven’t closed out of nowhere because of my credit scores. How crappy. Guess I’m not shopping at Old Navy anymore.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My account was closed for a early payment that was insufficient. Payment was made again and 10 days they closed my account. I found out on Credit Karma I could see if I didn’t make the payment. I made the payment again after learning the first one didn’t go through. This sucks because they won’t allow me to talk to a manager. They keep playing on the phone. I guess I will contact corporate. I never heard of any one card being closed for INSUFFICIENT FUNDS.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I opened this account last Christmas. On 5/14, I paid my balance in full. On 5/20, Synchrony closed my acct after they did a credit review, which of course made my credit score go down. Why would they even do a credit review, my credit history with other businesses shouldn't play a part in their decision. My history with Old Navy should be what counts. I thought paying off my account was a positive thing and would help my credit. If I missed a payment or late with a payment, then a credit review would make sense. I noticed that many of these reviews are similar to mine. Old Navy isn't the one who made the decisions, Synchrony bank set the rules and guidelines. However Old Navy should reconsider what bank is contracted to handle the credit cards. They are really giving Old Navy a bad name and causing them to lose customers. As long as Synchrony handles their credit card, I won't be doing business with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: March 21, 2019

Rewards point gone. Credit card canceled. I made all of my payments, had the card for 1 year. I can imagine that the way Old Navy treats its loyal customers will result in their failure. I can see this one Old Navy store in my tiny community getting shut down. And it will be no sweat to Old Navy. They don't care.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I opened my Old Navy Card 2 yrs ago. I charge my purchases and then pay off pretty quickly and always on time. It has been about 3 months since I used my card. Credit Karma alerted me my account was closed. Logged into Old Navy and they said I could reapply... They just hurt my credit by closing that account, why would I ever reapply? Based on this experience, I will never shop at Old Navy again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had an Old Navy Credit Card since 2016 that I used regularly until May 2018. I had not purchased anything thereafter. Today, I logged into my ON account and found out my card was closed. I had never missed a payment or did anything that warranted this and when I contacted customer service, they just let me know it was closed and I would a detailed letter stating why. Honestly, do not apply for a card because if you do, you'll have to deal with subpar customer service along with the headaches of a company that is clearly incompetent. I will definitely dispute any negative remarks Old Navy attempts to make. You've been warned!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Don't bother with this card. At first, the perks and rewards were great and seemed worth the risk of the card. I was wrong. The first 6 months I had this card, I had no troubles. Then when I would schedule my payment, they would accept, it would show on my account and then the next month send me literature saying I didn't pay, with a new bill. I would call, get it resolved and schedule a new payment. This happened four times. I was round and round on the phone with completely unhelpful, rude customer service people. Eventually, I got a manager on for it and they told me paying online is just a "promise to pay" and not a real payment, never mind that I had paid online several times before with no issue before the website changed.

From there, they apologized for the inconvenience and they accepted my payment for the money I owed (Without the fees) in full over the phone, and I closed the card because I didn't want to deal with it anymore. This should have been the end, but lo and behold a couple months later, I get a bill from Midland collections who say I now owe over 500 dollars from the Synchrony Old Navy account that was sold to them. (FYI, I didn't even have 500 dollars on the card. I don't keep big credit limits.) I am just floored with how unprofessional this entire circumstance is. It's put a bad scar on my credit that I've disputed several times with TransUnion. I am never late with payments and was never late with this one. I'm baffled and annoyed and will never have a store card again. What kills me is I have an actual Synchrony bank card through Apple and have never had this problem.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I got the Old Navy CC in May. Made my monthly payments, never went over my limit. On 11-12 I paid the remaining $300ish balance. I logged into my account today to make sure I did not owe any remaining interest payments only to learn that on 12-9 my card was canceled by the company. I called to find out why and was told it was an upper management decision. Then I learned that because I was in good standing and not charged-off it stays on my credit report for 10 years, not 7!

Old Navy Credit Card Company Information