Find a Credit Cards partner

Old Navy Credit Card

4.0/5 (205 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Old Navy Credit Card

Old Navy is a clothing and accessories retail store with locations across the U.S. The bright and open-concept floor plan lets shoppers quickly identify the different sections throughout the store, including men's, women’s, kids', baby, plus size and activewear. Each store’s layout and selection is different based on geographical location and inventory.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Old Navy Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: March 20, 2021

For no reason, and no explanation, my available credit was dropped by $1000. This then put a ping on my perfect credit record. They need to place a statement on your credit report stating reason “why”. Eg: not spending enough, not using enough, late payment, etc. I have not used this card since Dec 2019.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Each month we pay our bill in full. The payment is taken, but the balance does not become available for as long at 2 weeks. After multiple call and hours wasted, no one in customer service could explain this. Ultimately, the response we finally got (which still didn’t make sense) was that the card company holds our payments for 10-14 days without opening the balance back up so the card can be used (for the first 6 months after opening the card). Why? No one could offer an explanation for that.

My credit is good and we keep no balance on there that isn’t paid off within a week or two (always before the due date). There is nothing indicating that I could be a risk of nonpayment. Also, my available balance/available credit changes almost daily, despite not having used the card or made payments for up to a week. None of this makes any sense. I will say that I enjoy the benefits of using the card (when I’m able to). I’ve already received $150 in rewards and have only had the card a few months. That’s why I’m giving it two stars. If it were up to the quality of their customer service however, I would give them zero.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I made a purchase on 10/14. It was "Prime Day" for Old Navy and a ton of other stores and they were having a huge sale. I went on Synchrony to make a payment on 10/17 (early like I always do) and noticed a charge for 10/16 that went through. I did not make this purchase so I contacted their fraud department. I've worked in fraud for several years and am ACAM certified so I am very familiar with how fraudulent activity occurs, however this seemed a bit odd to me. When I asked the fraud specialist how this transaction occurred with the card still in my possession, on a secure web browser (their website), and without the activity being available in my transaction history, I was told that I wasn't able to be given this information and that it would be available at a later time in a letter that would be sent out to me.

In the meantime, my current card would be shut down and they would be sending me out a new one. So after doing a bit of investigating, I am seeing that there are a ton of reviews about Synchrony shutting down credit accounts. Perhaps this is to cover up a huge data breech within their system and to avoid costs and fines associated with a breech. If you have a card, my suggestion would be to monitor your account activity and you bank account activity, because there is usually a domino affect. I've had my card since 2006 and never had an issue, perhaps Old Navy should look into using a different organization for their credit services.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I opened a credit card account and when the 1st payment was due, my bank sent a check. When the second payment came it didn't show my payment. Bottom line: tons of texting and phoning and waiting online to the tune of at least 15 hours. They still have not found my 1st payment but acknowledge the 2nd. Complete jerks> wouldn"T even send me an email of the statement that I never got> "Have to send it in the mail". Suggestion: do not do business with Old Navy or their "Bank" called Synchrony Bank!!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

I’ve had an Old Navy Card for a while now and never had an issue. I’ve never been late on a payment and I haven’t even had a balance on the card since January 'cause I always pay it off immediately. Then I just get notified by Credit Karma that Old Navy closed my account!? So I called them up to asked why and she says “they randomly do credit checks quarterly” and I said okay??? I have great credit and in fact my credit is better than when I first applied for the card???? Then I asked her if I could speak to someone because this is clearly a mistake and having them close it will absolutely negatively impact my credit score and she said “sorry, no, but they will send a letter in the mail”???‍♀️ Honestly, I don’t care enough about Old Navy to give this one more ounce of my time but I will say that I won’t be shopping there anymore. Hey Old Navy, I can’t wait till you go under cause you’ll deserve it????

Original review: July 9, 2020

I spent time ordering clothes for my granddaughter. When I went to check out, I received an offer to open a credit card and I would receive 30% off my purchase. I opened a credit card, received the temp card online with the code to use to get the 30% off. When I entered the code, it would not redeem. I did it several times and it would not redeem. I placed a gift card in and it did redeem. I tried calling the company- higher than normal calls, after an hour I hung up because no one would pick up. I called back hours later and this time the automated system said to call back later. By this time, my order disappeared. So now I have to order a new set of clothing -about an hour trying to remember what I ordered earlier.

Again, would not take my code when checking out. Tried calling and this time after about 15 min somebody picked up and then they hung up, never talking to me. I called back and asked for credit card. A young man picked up. I explained my issue and he said he would transfer me over to the same place I have had issues with all day-no answer or hanging up on me. I just told him I was done with Old Navy and to just cancel the card because I would never, ever shop there again-too frustrating. There are too many other stores to spend my money. Their credit card system is horrible and their customer service does not exist. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE-THEY ARE INADEQUATE!!!!

Original review: June 23, 2020

Hello I am a customer who owns a Old Navy credit card. I have been charged with four late payments which was caused by coronavirus but I have a agreed to pay one late payment. I have requested to dispute my other three late payments. So they will not dispute my other three late payment which was caused by coronavirus and that is affecting my credit score so I would like to solve this as soon as possible. So please help me.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I’m furious. I’ve been a loyal customer of Old Navy with their credit card for several years now. Only for them to close my account without my authorization because they did not have the correct address on file. Knocking my credit down immensely while I was trying to get into a home! I called and was told there was nothing they can do for me. I’m honestly furious & I will never open another card with them again.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I've had an Old Navy credit card for over 2 years now. I use it only for my 8 year old son. I buy things and pay them right off. I went to my account the other day at noticed I didn't have any available credit. Today I check my credit report and my credit card with Old Navy has been closed!!! Without notice! Shame on you Old Navy.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I paid off my Old Navy card and they closed it without notice. I was told they have the right to close the card but couldn’t tell me why. I have been late by two days because it slipped my mind but other than that I paid my bill on time. I will never apply for this card again. I was also told a letter will be sent out stating why they closed my account.

Old Navy Credit Card Company Information