Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Old Navy Credit Card
3.05/5

Old Navy Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Old Navy Credit Card Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had an Old Navy Credit Card since 2016 that I used regularly until May 2018. I had not purchased anything thereafter. Today, I logged into my ON account and found out my card was closed. I had never missed a payment or did anything that warranted this and when I contacted customer service, they just let me know it was closed and I would a detailed letter stating why. Honestly, do not apply for a card because if you do, you'll have to deal with subpar customer service along with the headaches of a company that is clearly incompetent. I will definitely dispute any negative remarks Old Navy attempts to make. You've been warned!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Don't bother with this card. At first, the perks and rewards were great and seemed worth the risk of the card. I was wrong. The first 6 months I had this card, I had no troubles. Then when I would schedule my payment, they would accept, it would show on my account and then the next month send me literature saying I didn't pay, with a new bill. I would call, get it resolved and schedule a new payment. This happened four times. I was round and round on the phone with completely unhelpful, rude customer service people. Eventually, I got a manager on for it and they told me paying online is just a "promise to pay" and not a real payment, never mind that I had paid online several times before with no issue before the website changed.

From there, they apologized for the inconvenience and they accepted my payment for the money I owed (Without the fees) in full over the phone, and I closed the card because I didn't want to deal with it anymore. This should have been the end, but lo and behold a couple months later, I get a bill from Midland collections who say I now owe over 500 dollars from the Synchrony Old Navy account that was sold to them. (FYI, I didn't even have 500 dollars on the card. I don't keep big credit limits.) I am just floored with how unprofessional this entire circumstance is. It's put a bad scar on my credit that I've disputed several times with TransUnion. I am never late with payments and was never late with this one. I'm baffled and annoyed and will never have a store card again. What kills me is I have an actual Synchrony bank card through Apple and have never had this problem.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I got the Old Navy CC in May. Made my monthly payments, never went over my limit. On 11-12 I paid the remaining $300ish balance. I logged into my account today to make sure I did not owe any remaining interest payments only to learn that on 12-9 my card was canceled by the company. I called to find out why and was told it was an upper management decision. Then I learned that because I was in good standing and not charged-off it stays on my credit report for 10 years, not 7!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

So I been Old Navy credit card since 2012. Didn't know about the two late payment issue until today but paid off every month. So I had a bank account closed and ask them to take if off. Well for some reason on my end made a payment not looking bank info cause I told them to take it off. Got me to this point. Old Navy account closed with $12000 credit limit. I mean who give someone that much limit unless in good standing. No warning, letter, email, calls. Just account closed. Lost my reward that I was going to use on my kids for Christmas. Ooh did I say that I just got out of service for the Army. Hmm... and they knew that. Old Navy doesn't care about vet or in service members. Since Christmas is coming up I can't get my kids warm clothes. $80 on Super Cash GONE... $55 on reward GONE AGAIN.. Great right. Old Navy discrimination!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I was recently asked if I wanted Old Navy card - and thinking it was membership card I applied and halfway through I realized it was credit card. I wanted to cancel and they said, "You can cancel. No problem - just call the number you get in a message with your ref. no (**)..." I then cancelled. Later... I realized the charge of my purchase never came to my bank account and then I got a mail from TurboTax that my credit account was created and on checking I found out I had a charge was still on the canceled credit card. I called the number again to check how can I make that payment... I was then asked about my routing numbers and account number for the payment but really I was not very comfortable sharing those details over the phone and there is no other option to make the payment online as it asks for card number for registration. Anyone else face this problem? To me, it smells of scam!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I applied for an ON CC six months ago. I never received a card, or even a statement. They are reporting missed payments on my credit, and I can’t even get a hold of anyone in the department. I never received a statement via email or mail, I have only received automated calls, so I couldn’t explain that I’d lost my job unexpectedly, and I can’t get through to a human on the line I find on the internet.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I have 13 credit cards and all are auto-paid. Old Navy sent a new card and the auto-payment was removed without any notice. Their system for obvious reasons started charging late fees and interest fees. When I called the Old Navy customer rep - they started dealing with me like there is a huge debt on me for $70 amount, there was a $70+ overdue fees / interest / etc. On the humble request to remove the overdue fees as first time misunderstanding - they created a huge issue out of it. When I requested the loyalty agent or a request to cancel the card - they immediately cancelled the card!! Worst ever customer service!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I sign up for the ON card in late 2017, since having this card my account has been locked EVERY SINGLE month without notice. As well as consistently closing my account without notice blaming it on "periodic review". The representative are not helpful and will not budge on getting your account unlocked or reopened but will suggest you to just sign up for a new account. They push you to sign for a new account, but I would not recommend it. Especially, since you will be expecting the same problem with locked or closed accounts with the new card. 100% NOT WORTH GETTING, YOU WILL BE HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I opened a Navy card and when I did in the store they said I could not even use it that day. I never did use it... I decided to close it as it is not necessary to have. The person kept asking me what my birthday was and I said I already told you. Three times they asked if I would reconsider keeping it open. I said no. They then said this will go on my credit report...

Original review: July 6, 2018

Old Navy begged me to apply for a credit card. I kept receiving email after email saying, "You’re pre-approved!" So I applied. They gave me a $300 credit limit, which was fine. I used it but didn't max it out. They lowered my credit limit to $200. No notice by mail, phone call, or email. I didn’t use the card again because with a credit limit that low, I didn’t want to have a high balance. I was paying it off. I made my last payment this month, which was $5. They closed my account. Again, no notice by mail, phone call or email. I never went over my limit and all my payments were made on time. I’ve never seen a company harass people to get a card and then drove them away and ruin their credit. I’m pretty sure this is why my Equifax dropped 24 points.

Old Navy Credit Card Company Information