FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: May 24, 2017

188 New Millennium Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 24, 2017

Before applying for this card I contacted New Millennium customer service on the phone and I inquired that if I apply and get approved for this card does it report to the 3 national credit bureaus as long as my monthly payments are on time and the woman informed me they only report to Equifax and not all three credit bureaus. So I decided to apply and was approved. It has cost me $29.95 for the card. When I received the card in the U.S. mail I verified it and I could begin shopping on their website. I purchased a few items and every month I paid off the entire balance to establish a good payment record with them thinking they will report this positive credit to Equifax each and every month. Every 3 months I obtain a 3 bureau credit report, stay on top of things and I had noticed that my excellent account with New Millennium Bank was not showing on my Equifax credit history and I was a little shocked over this.

I decided to get on the phone again and contacted this New Millennium Bank and I was speaking with someone who had the intelligence of a head of lettuce and I asked why my good paying account was not reporting to Equifax. The head of lettuce responded to me, "I am sorry sir, but we do not report to any of the credit bureaus". I replied, "Well, before I applied I called and someone informed me that you only report to Equifax each and every month". The head of lettuce replied, "I am sorry sir, but we don't do that and I am very sorry".

I replied, "I would like a full refund on the $29.95 to open the account and any other fees you charged me as this is fraud and you misled me and if I had known you do not report to Equifax I would have never opened the account in the first place". The head of lettuce replied, "I am sorry sir, but we do not ever issue any refunds". I hung up as I knew I was beat for sure. Folks, do not ever apply or do any business with this outfit as they are a bunch of liars and scam artists for sure. I know as I was a victim of this online scam and they should be put out of business for sure...

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I have received an email to apply for one of the cards and I clicked on a link saying "Subprime credit cards APR". I got a return saying: "Cannot display page. It may have been moved or is permanently down or does not exist." This is all scams and fraud, they are targeting people for money. I read postings, these folks never got cards and never got money refunded back that money is being stolen by this bank. NMNB, they need to be captured and arrested for these online scams and fraud on innocent people right now as it is. I will not apply for that card and get my money stolen by them. They are liars and a phony, that is a bad bank. It needs to be put a warning out "Do not apply" and put it on news on TV to warn the public about it. I say NO, do not apply. They are stealing money for something and never issue the cards.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 2, 2014

I moved to the States in 2005 and therefore had no credit history. I decided to get two secured credit cards from NMB. I was told that, if in good standing, I could change to a regular credit card after one year. So I paid the $300 deposit each. After one year then I was told that they can't be changed yet and that game repeated itself for about six years (by that time I had three regular credit cards).

Then in 2012, I left the States, and one year later decided to close both accounts with NMB. I send them a letter with the credit cards in June 2013. In July I checked whether they had received the letter and they confirmed it. I called in August to see whether the check had been sent and it was confirmed (I had given the address of a friend in California since they would not send the check to an address outside of the continental US).

After no check had been received in September, I called again and was told that they were sent. Then In October (no check had been received at that time), one of the customer representatives told me that they could not send the checks (??) since my friend's mailing address didn't coincide with my last mailing address on file and that I would have to change it (which had been no issue four months earlier).

Problem was, my last mailing address was a business address and couldn't be changed as per USPS guidelines. NMB told me that there was nothing they could do, these were their guidelines and that I would have to take it up with USPS. Well long story short, its 2014 and I still don't have my money. Is there anybody who has had similar issues? If so, how were you able to resolve them? Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2010

I have had a New Millennium Bank Platinum Visa with a $300 limit for 3 years. Till 2010, it was a good card, but in the past few months, the available balance has been getting updated to incorrect amounts when I check online. Also, the available balances would change on their own out of the blue without any transactions by me. My last automatic payment took $253 out of my bank when I owed only $99. Now it shows an over credit amount of $154 over my maximum credit limit and said I had an available credit of $200.

Then a couple of days later, it decided to change that to $47 available credit, but still show the over credit of $154 where credit limit is shown. The whole thing is out of whack and I haven’t even used this card in a couple of months. This is all happening on the bank’s end for some reason. Either someone at the bank is messing with me or their computer system is really messed up. The card is unusable till they fix this. FYI, no one is using my card because no transactions are showing up that are not mine just to let you know.

Original review: July 30, 2010

I opened a prepaid credit card and sent the initial deposit of 500.00 as prescribed. Subsequent deposits were made erroneously on my part, to the payment address. Three "payments" totaling 3,000.00 in one week apart in April and May 2010. Only 1,000.00 has been posted. So the statement reflects an account balance of 1,000, in other words a credit and a credit limit of 500.00 (i,e, Initial deposit). May statement reflected the missing 2,000.00, subsequent statements (June and July) however do not. I talked to customer service and subsequent to the "Credit Dept." twice, was told of 10 business days to appear as deposits.

I countered that it had been 6 weeks since the last deposit. When I received the statement of July with balance of 1,000.00 and credit limit 500.00, I sent a letter detailing all the money sent with check images also detailing when said checks had been cashed. I argued that there had been ample time to transfer from the payment account to the credit (Savings) account as I had requested via phone twice and via letter which the bank acknowledged in writing to me. I got a call at home (message) from somebody at the "Credit Department". I have called the number today ( 07/30/2010) and the "I am away from the desk" message comes on. I called every 5 minutes three times with the same result: voice mail. So I again called customer service, they informed me that my contact was at a meeting.

In conclusion, this is the case of an institution using administrative red tape, business practices that leave much to be desired that impact the client most adversely, and I strongly advise any consumer to deal with this bank. I expressed my desire to cancel the account altogether and get my 3,500.00 immediately. I was informed that it would take 8 to 10 weeks to get the money back. Ludicrous, abusive and malicious. I opened the account for spending money, restaurants, tours etc. for a trip to Mexico on the last week of June. With a credit balance of 500.00 on the card I was noticeably embarrassed when a dinner (I was with my family) being over 600.00 charge was declined, evidently.

Fortunately, I am not in a position of desperation that I would need my 3,500.00, but I imagine other consumer with a lesser acquisition power, would be put in dire straights. Now in 2 weeks I am going to Europe with my family again and would like more discretionary spending money, and they tell me that it would take 8 to 10 weeks. This business practices are totally unacceptable. I would like to broadcast my experience all over the web, and I may do so using the power of "You tube".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Millennium Bank?

Original review: July 21, 2010

I applied for a secured credit card in April 2010 and had to pay a $99.95 processing fee. I did not receive the welcome kit I was supposed to receive. I called today because I have not received a welcome kit and was told that there was a suspension placed on issuing new cards or accepting deposits because of the new credit card regulations, that this started 2 weeks ago and that it would be resolved soon, but that there was no specific date the cards would be issued. I googled it afterwards and found out this has been in place since May 10. I am not expecting my card, a refund, or the suspension to be lifted.

Original review: July 3, 2010

I have a New Millennium Bank prepaid card. Everything has been going good. Until, 6-30-2010, when I made a deposit and on 7-1-2010, I made another deposit and for some reason I only received one deposit I made. I have not receive the second one. I called customer service on the back of the card and they said it would be there at midnight. Well I still have not received it and they are closed. So I called Wal-Mart were I got the money gram from and they said call Western Union. They said it was posted the same day it was deposited on both but they also stated to call the company. Well the company is closed until Monday at 9am. I still have my receipt show when and what time I sent the money. From this happening, I don't have the money I expected to have available.

Original review: July 1, 2010

I was pre-approved for a credit card with the premise that I must first send a processing fees. My check was cashed and there was no card. I have waited for over two months now.

Original review: June 27, 2010

Back in February 2010, I was afforded a pre-approved Platinum Credit Card up to $10,000.00. I sent the required amount of $35.00 on 2nd February 2010, Check #107, before the deadline of 22nd February 2010. I have never received a credit card or a communication after I send the check. It is now the 27th of June 2010. Where is my card or where is my refund? Is this bank another scam bank?

Original review: June 12, 2010

I applied online for a Platinum Card. I was informed that I just needed to send a money order for $99.95 and my card would be rushed to me. Nowhere on that application did it state that this was a prepaid card of any kind. I still have my money order receipt showing that I sent it 3-30-2010. It is now 6-11-2010 and I have received no letter, email, or correspondence from them. I emailed them a complaint and received no response and the several phone numbers that I have used to try to contact a rep haven't worked.

Original review: May 21, 2010

I send a money order for $35.00 dollar for processing fee. I want my money back. The bank is a scam. Please send my refund back.

Original review: May 16, 2010

I receive in the mail a letter stating no credit check Platinum credit card Visa or MasterCard or both for fee of $45.00 I send a check before 2-22-10. I have yet to receive a card or information and I have email and call the only telephone number and I have not got an answer. I just want a refund.

Original review: May 16, 2010

I sent a money of $53.50 money order and haven't received my cards. It has been two weeks now and I paid $6 rush services. Give me the cards or my money back.

Original review: May 13, 2010

I received a letter in the mail April, 26 2010. Letter stated, “Good news! You are approved for both Visa and MasterCard, 2 Platinum Cards. You will receive a total credit line up to $10,000.00. I have authorized that no credit report will be filed or requested.” The letter then stated, “All you have to do is send in a money order or check for $35.00 processing or $10 extra for the rush service.”

So I sent in a 35.00 dollar processing fee with a money order on April 29, 2010. Since then, it’s been two weeks and I have not heard from them. I have been waiting on my credit card and nothing. Now, I’m hearing bad complaints against this bank. I am very upset and disappointed. I want my money back or my credit card. I am going to write a report to the news agencies so they know what kind of scam this bank is doing to others out there all over the US.

Original review: May 11, 2010

I received a letter in the mail April, 26 2010. Letter stated: “Good news! You are approved for both Visa and MasterCard. 2 Platinum cards. You will receive a total credit line up to $10,000.00.” I have authorized that no credit report will be filed or requested. The letter then stated all you have to do is send in a money order or check for $35.00 processing or $10 extra for the rush service. So I sent in a $35.00 processing fee with a money order on April 29, 2010; since then it’s been two weeks and I have not heard from them. I have been waiting on my credit card. And nothing. Now I’m hearing bad complaints against this bank. I am very upset and disappointed. I want my money back or my credit card. I am going to write a report to the news agencies so they know what kind of scam this bank is doing to others out there all over the US.

Because of this scam my car has now been repo from me. I was already going through a tough time now; it’s even worse on my end. I was waiting, hoping and praying each and every day for this card to just find out that there isn’t a card. It’s all a scam. My family and I are now suffering from this lost. I have no transportation to get around and now I lost my job and I don’t know what I am going to do. The hardest thing is telling my son mommy has no money for food and I can’t even take you to the grocery store without no transportation or money to get the bus. All I want is the money the card owes me or at least my refund of $35.00 for the processing fee.

Original review: May 1, 2010

I saw on ask.com that a lot of people made a complaint with this company with regards to their fraudulent credit card offers. I was actually shocked as to how many people got taken by this company including me, I was just writing to offer a solution. For me personally, I contacted the better business office in new Jersey and they helped me. I got my money back within two weeks of being ripped off. Just a solution, I thought you may offer to people like me who have got taken. There are solutions out there. Thank you.

Original review: April 30, 2010

I received the letter almost a month ago, and when I read it I was happy of course, excited. So I sent them 35 dollar plus rush delivery and still no card. I do remember calling the place before I even sent the money and the guy told me that once I sent the money for the card and my rush charge that it would be mailed within 24 hours, once it got to them first. My rush delivery has been gone, I'm still waiting on this card that will probably never show up. This would of been my first credit card but now I don't know if I'll ever want one. I used that 45 dollars to buy that card and I don't even have food. I'm on my way of eviction because of this because I figured that I'll use my money to go grocery shopping, then use the rest to get the card and when the card comes in I'll pay the rent on credit. Guess it didn't work that way. I mean I needed that little change for lots of other reasons than for it to go to waste and me in the hole. Now what am I gone do.

Original review: April 28, 2010

I ordered their offer for either a choice of two cards or for one VISA/MasterCard and after about 6 weeks I heard back from them. How I can manage my credit through these credit cards? Well, maybe they should be a bit clearer and put that in bold because they had it in small print. And, yes, I was stupid to believe it but what can I say? I’m only human.

Anyways, I finally heard back from them and they wanted me to sign more paperwork and send in more money. Well, here’s the thing: I didn't. And they can keep the start up cost of it all but I did email them and they took me off their list and cancelled everything. Here's their info if you need to get them away from your money or time: New Millennium Bank’s Customer Service Department’s phone number, 732-**; office hours, Monday to Friday (8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST). I hope this helps everyone and they did correspond the next day. Thank you. I lost my money but I’m glad they only took $35 and not anymore.

Keep all records of your conversations with them because you can use it if they cause you anymore trouble but emailing will be best since you can cc your response and theirs as documents that won't be considered hearsay!

Original review: April 27, 2010

I went online to apply for a credit card so I can try to pay off my other credit cards and just have one credit card bill so I can clear up my credit. I was approve for $5,000 to 10,000 online but I had to give them my bank account information and they took out $99.95 from my checking account but I didn’t get my credit card for the amount that I was granted. So I would like to have my money back from New Millennium Bank and to put it back on my checking account. I won’t stop until I get it back I’m on a fix income or send me my credit card that I was approved for $5,000 or $10,000.

Original review: April 23, 2010

I received by mail telling me I had been exempted for two credit cards and to send a one time processing fee of $29 for a Visa or MasterCard, or I had the choice to send for them both, saving me a total of $20. Each card would have a credit limit of $5,000.00. As I needed the money, I thought my prayers have been answered. My father is very ill and not expected to live much longer.

This was my chance to see him one more time. I really could not believe that I could now get a plane ticket. I wanted to spend a little time with him before he passed on. This line of credit that was promised never came. They took my money and won't answer my calls. They have left me heart broken and my father too, as he was looking forward to being with me. I thank you for breaking both our hearts. I am sorry for all the people they have brought pain to.

I have no job. I gave it up when they said I was exempted. Now, I am losing everything I own, including my 2 dogs.

Original review: April 22, 2010

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I got the letter in the mail offering $10k with sending in $35.00 app fee. I called the number on the ITR. It sounded like a kid running a gas station, not professional at all. Then I Google and saw all these terrible anecdotes. I wish I could help you all. I’m only one guy. I almost sent in $10,000.00 in cashier’s check. Thanks for helping me not make the same mistake you people did.

Original review: April 17, 2010

This card is the biggest scam. I can't believe our government can allow this to happen to people who already are having a hard time making it. To turn around take money out of a person's checking account with hopes of getting available credit to consolidate other credit cards with high interest. I never received a card, only fees on my checking for a scam. I'm still trying to reach someone who can help me get my money back .They either change their number or don't answer the calls. This should be illegal. Aren't people struggling enough?

I had cancelled the $59 in fees after I stupidly sent my check in the mail after talking with a representative. I was relieved the withdrawal would be cancelled. Two weeks, later it wasn't. One check was short in my bank so I got a fee of $25 which set the next four bills to be aid insufficient. All together I was $121.63 in the negative and that don't include the fees to the merchants that should have gotten their money the first time. I'm going to be behind in bills for two months because of this. How can the government allow this to happen to people?

Original review: April 14, 2010

I was sent information for the "credit card" they offered. I filled out the general information that they requested, but once I read the terms of the card I closed out the webpage. I was not interested in the product because I felt it was a scam! Fast forward a month down the road, they have drafted out $99.95 from my bank account with a generic check number causing me to have $100 worth of overdraft charges. I need help after trying to work with the reps for the company and sending emails, faxes, and phone calls. I keep getting the runaround! If anyone has information to help me get my money back, please let me know! I have a husband that is laid off, a one year old that is about out of food and bills to pay to keep the power on and a roof over my family's head. The unethical business practices of this company is putting me in danger of not having money to buy formula for my child or gas in my car so that I can get to work!

Original review: April 13, 2010

I applied for the credit card from New Millennium bank on April 5th 2010 and feel that the advertising is the rip off, not the card. Although, I still want my refund because it is the principle that because I have no card, I want my money back that I spent to purchase the card which I did not receive due to false advertisement. I'm still awaiting my refund from the refund department and here it is April 13th 2010. I'll give it another week before action is taken because this causes emotional distress and takes time out of my daily life routines to see if New Millennium will refund what is mine!

Original review: April 11, 2010

New Millennium Bank advertised an unsecured credit with an $99.95 application fee to re-establish bad credit or for no credit customers. I filled out the online application on March 9, 2010 and the bank debited my bank account for $99.95 on March 11, 2010. It has been a month, and I still haven't received the credit nor any other correspondence from New Millennium Bank.

Original review: April 10, 2010

On Sunday, March 28, I made an online application to New Millennium Bank for a credit card.. After checking the details, I cancelled when I realized that this was not a genuine credit card but a prepaid card. I contacted New Millennium Bank and requested a cancellation. They went on to make a deduction of $100 on the 30 -31st of March and on 1-4-10 respectively. I again contacted the bank and haven't had any of my money refunded to date. I have written three letters with no response of refund.

Original review: April 7, 2010

I just received today in the mail this thing, saying I am approved for 2 credit cards for up to 10,000 limit on them. Well basically $5000 on each card, they just want me to send in the fee of $35 for 1 card or $49 to get both! So I'm thinking okay, I could definitely use this plus it will help out my credit but at the same time it just sounded too good to be true! So I googled it and saw this. What a ripoff!

Original review: April 7, 2010

I have come across a different number for New Millennium Bank where you can speak with someone. Good luck to all those who got ripped off.

Original review: April 6, 2010

I called about the credit card. They took my $99.95 and never received the cards. I called them and they said they will send me a letter. Please don’t get caught up in this, it is a scam to get your money, you will never get a card. I am out of $99.95, money I could have used for my medicine.

Original review: April 4, 2010

I got an offer for a credit card. I told them no thanks. The next thing I know, they took $99.95 from my bank. They used a blank check they made up. They left no address, no phone number. I had just put money in the bank to cover a check to the IRS left not enough to cover it.

New Millennium Bank Company Information