GM Credit Card

GM Credit Card

3.8/5 (139 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About GM Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

GM Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Suburban?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

This is a completely useless card if you want to use the rewards points, stay away from it and use a regular bank credit card. You cannot redeem the full money from gift card, hard to understand that from the description.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

My GM card opened 2006 by Capital One. Received letter of notice that card/acct will be transferred to Marcus by Goldman Sachs who will now manage my card as of the next year. Had over 16 yrs of no hassles or issues. Received multiple notices by Goldman to register online & be sure to update my payments to reflect their new card number which was received April 2022. Registered online & was extremely careful & sure to opt out of electronic statements when it appeared in the registration process as if defaulting to electronic since I do not have any of my other tons of creditors/accts set up via electronic statement nor ck. Email often enough to pay them like that which is the reason I do not sign up for it ever.

Issue #1 - Received email today 08/03 with subj; "Your GM Card has been restricted"; 2-when I called into C/S, I am being asked last 4 of my Social/name simply to discuss what the email is referring to re; my card being restricted-why?; 3-I am told I missed a payment due 07/28, I then ask agent to allow me to get my file & yes, I am only seeing my last statement dated a month ago for 06/28 due date. I pay all my bills/pay on time/don't miss payments so this was not possible as far as I stand.' 4-I let her know that I did not receive a paper statement since my last one for a 6/28 due date and she says I'm signed up for electronic statements which I am 100% sure I did not opt into that deliberately, when it was offered during online registration;

5-She reports $40 late fee assessed; 6-Tell me why this sounds deceptive, since I did not sign up for any electronic statements/was sure to not opt into that feature when your letter forced me to register online; 6-the whole ordeal of calling in to get a lady that sounds like a 14 y/o who's not customer service oriented, since when I'd speak she'd begin to talk over me plus I just had to give her the last four of my social security just to even talk to her; 7-Her only explanation is that there have been some issues in the transitioning and some customers were being put on digital statements in the conversion but she will wave my $40 late fee. Granted, I thank her for that, but this really is terrible business already since the few months my card was converted.

To top it off 8-My Letter back in Feb promised $15 bonus earning credit if you registered online with a unique code which was entered and that's how I got registered online to begin with, yet I have yet to see that either on any of the statements-I don't know now, since I did not get my paper statement for 07/28 due date! Sadly, agent didn't even offer to get me the missed paper statement or attempt to, simply pitiful! Never had such issues in the over 15 yrs with Capital One!!! No issues with them. A wonderful business to consumer relationship and any time I called C/S I felt they were professional and handled my contacts with care and they had their stuff together. Also had wonderful special financing, etc. offers issued over that span too. Please improve, as I am becoming unnerved over the amount of issues in such a short time.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I open card to get points to use toward gift card only to find out they won't give you one. It's a scam. Please don't open this card and check all Goldman Sachs cards. They let this company lie to it customers.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Looked into redeeming some points towards the purchase of a new Buick. Called the 'GM BuyPower Card' customer service on 2/5/2022. Was told (by Graylin) that there we no restrictions on using my earnings even if I was receiving a GM supplier discount; asked 3 times and received the same comment (no restrictions!!!). Went to dealership and they responded much different; can't use any of the earnings point. Have tried for a week (3 messages left where they are supposed to respond within 48 hrs) to get a call back from BUYPOWER CARD Customer Service Supervisor; no callbacks. Not sure what is right and who's in charge but the failure to return calls and make good on what the agents say is a real customer dissatisfier. Time to change brands after 48 years of buying GM.

Original review: March 18, 2021

In December 2020, GM offered cardholders the opportunity to gift over $1000 in earnings to a family member if used by March 31st. The family member I gifted the earnings to found a Chevrolet to purchase on Tuesday. I told them to present the earnings gift cert at the end of negotiations. During the back and forth there was a rebate offered for $1,250 to them. Subsequently they were told that they could not use the $1000 in gifted earnings along with the $1250 rebate offer. The $1250 rebate was not one of the exceptions stated on the offer. Any other exceptions are not clearly explained. I contacted the redemption center 3 times and then the elevation team (Stacy) and asked for clarification. They could only speculate and not help. The issue, beyond me looking like a dope for giving a bad gift, is that the car will most likely be purchased but the earnings are lost to me. Seems like a sneaky way to purge earnings off the books.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

My current bill shows a late charge and interest fee that I disputed. Payment was due 12/17. My bank statement clearly shows it was sent 12/16 with a corresponding confirmation number. Bill states payment received 12/18. They removed my late fee but kept the interest charge. I was told I could mail or fax the information and they would review. This is the last straw. I pay my bills in full each month and have a credit rating over 800. I won’t jump through their hoops. I’ve been a GM Card customer since 2000 and have purchased several GM cars during that time. This conversation was the worst customer experience with them to date. I have too many credit choices to put up with a company who doesn’t want my business over $16.23.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I own a company that has a fleet of GM vehicles, wouldn't a GM Business Buypower card be good for that?? You would think. Had a balance of $18000, paid it off before the statement, and they froze my card, for paying the balance of a "business" card. Even better, had a balance of over $17000, got the statement, paid it that day. They reported that balance of a business card on my personal credit score, which isn't supposed to happen. So, my near perfect credit took a big hit, due to the fact that Capital One is blatantly advertising this as Business card, and it is clearly not. The only time they can report on personal credit is if you miss a payment or have a late fee... This is not the case. DO NOT GET THIS CARD IF YOU ARE USING IT FOR BUSINESS!!!

Original review: July 29, 2020

Was supposed to receive a $200.00 rebate. Received a $100.00 rebate and they denied the other $100.00 because my wife bought the truck new, we got married and the dealership still has the information in her name. There when I used my buy power card with my name on it they denied the 2nd $100.00. I've called multiple times to get this straightened out with no luck. I never buy tires again from my loyal dealer I've been using since 2008.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I called GM credit to claimed my rewards. I asked if I can use my rewards towards my credit card balance because of the Pandemic crisis. I was told "NO but if buy parts for your car, purchased or leased a vehicle or you do a oil change you can submit a form through our online system and claim your rewards". I'm not in the position of buying a vehicle or buy parts for my car (not in this pandemic crisis). All I want is to used my rewards towards my credit card balance so at least it will alleviated some payments. This is not the answer I was expecting. This is terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I’ve tried for three times to get a new card: I’ll be leaving the country soon. My card expires after I leave. Called call services. They cancelled my husband's card. Got new card with new numbers. Same expiration. Called again, got same numbers and same expiration date. Just checked the mail, new number same expiration dates. You’d think a company could fulfill my request. Seems I’m asking the impossible. Oh, I’ve been a member for 34 years. I’m cancelling my card.

GM Credit Card Company Information