Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

GM Credit Card

GM Credit Card
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

GM Credit Card Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2013

I was going on a long vacation and called to get a new card mailed to a second home. I was assured that this would be no problem and that I could use my old card until the new one arrived. None of it was true. The old card was cancelled before I tried to activate the new card and they would never activate the new card citing my second address could be fraud. This despite the fact I have had this address for decades and it was my primary address with GM for much of this time. Repeated calls met with the same fraud claim. After 6 weeks of claiming they didn't believe I was really me I said you might as well cancel the account then. No problem, they believed it was me and cancelled the account. I don't know if it was GM or Capital One that gained or just incompetence, but I cancelled the GM purchase in the works and will be replacing my three GM cars with another brand.

Original review: April 24, 2011

I have always considered myself a member of the General Motors "Family." My father was employed by GM for over 40 years. I have never driven anything but a GM car, starting in 1954. Imagine my surprise to find that GM is conducting a scam on loyal purchasers. I carry a MasterCard with the GM logo. The card is issued by HSBC. My March statement showed a credit of $2,397.73 toward the purchase of a new vehicle. With that in mind, I attempted to apply it towards a 2011 model. I was told only $1,000 of the amount shown on my statement could be used. "Outraged" is a mild description of my feelings towards a company that would conduct and advertise such a fraudulent scheme, particularly when my taxes have helped to keep this company in business. Can you help me recover my missing dollars and put an end to this practice?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2009

In the scheme of things this may not seem important, but to me it is.

I have a GM credit card that I have had for a very long time. Credit limit $300, interest rate 27%. I wanted to keep that card (trying to go cash only) because I knew a $300 limit and high interest rate would keep me from using it. Very rarely use the card. Tried today to use it for a $44.00 purchase and it was denied 2 times. The balance on the card is around $72.00 and the last payment was made 11/709 for $50. Why was the card denied? The minimum payment is $15.00!!! I tried calling customer service number approximately 8-10 times, was asked to put in my card number and told a customer service rep would be with me and then nothing.........I was able to talk with a foreign speaking woman once (this is America and we speak English here by the way) - I could barely understand anything she said. She got some information and said she would be right back and once again.........nothing. To say I am angry is putting it very mildly. I went to the website to put in a complaint and did so just as was instructed on the website. Guess what? I came back that it would not go through....... What is going on here? There are serious problems with this company (as we all know and the more I read on the internet the more I realize this.) Answers please. I am NEVER late with a payment, make my payments on time and then I'm treated this way. I do have an attorney and as small as this may seem I will go to her in a heartbeat to get this straightened out. I, with my hard earned tax money, have bailed out this company and this is the thanks I get???? I don't think so. I would like answers to all my questions ASAP. Thank you, Teresa Chesley

GM Credit Card Company Information