Credit One Credit Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received a bill from this company. I never signed up for it, nor did I want their credit card. I called customer service. They could not tell me what I was billed for. All they wanted was a payment for 45 dollars. I don't have a Credit One credit card and have never used one. They said it was a fee. They could not answer what the fee was for. If I did not pay it I would be charged a late fee of 35 dollars. I have never used their service nor do I have their credit card. This is fraudulent on their part. They cannot answer what I am getting charged for.

I have been trying to make a payment online for a month, the website locked me out. I called customer service, and first of all you have to understand English before you can correct a problem. I was informed that the problem would be corrected within 2 to 3 business days, that I would be able to make the payment online. A week later the same, no access to the account. They of course will take a payment over the phone, but charge a $9.95 processing fee, yea right! I will be paying off this account, rip up the card, and recommend to all my friends, relatives and everyone on the internet. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. There are better options to build your credit!

Why does it take so long for a payment to be processed in 2017? It's complete dishonesty when you're paying your bill using your checking account information and still have to wait 8 days for the funds to become available. How is this so, isn't that like an automatic debit transaction? Credit One makes a profitable business by charging $9.95 for your funds to be available the next day. I recently obtained a Capital One credit card which is what I originally wanted when I applied for the card- I guess I was a bit confused by the logo as they kinda looked the same. However, I will continue to make my on-time payments until the card is paid off. However, I want to thank Credit One for helping me rebuild my credit when no one else did.

I called to speak to a customer service rep and could not get a live person! I had to continuously push zero on the dial pad, until finally I was transferred to a rep in India! My call was in regards to a payment made that was returned. I was charged $25 for a late fee, even though I made my payment 1 whole day before it was due! Credit One bank routinely rejects payment, and their website is constantly not working! Payments made may not post to your account for "up to 5 days" according to the Customer Service Senior Manager David ID#** who I talked to. I was repeatedly put on hold, and spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone being sent from one "so called" manager to another.

When I asked to receive my credit card statements in writing, by mail, I was told I had to pay a $2 fee for each statement. I never did get the information I asked for which is available to me by Law from this "so called bank"! They kept telling me I had to make my requests in writing, but refused to give me an address, except a PO Box in Las Vegas! I asked if they had a Headquarters in America, they said yes, but refused to give that information.

After 2 1/2 hours of "phone tag", I didn't get anything resolved, the late fee they charged for "not accepting my payment" on their website is still on my account! They charge $9.99 for an "Express payment", that may post to your account in 24 to 48 hrs, and if you make a "standard payment" your account may not be credited for 3 to 5 days, which means the payment you make "might not be pulled from our bank for days" many times causing you to get late fees and other charges! Do Not Use this so called Bank! It may not be a REAL BANK!

Scam -- They charge their annual fee monthly after the first year. That means that even though you should have a zero balance. They are charging the annual fee monthly and taking on significant late charges.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Credit Card?

Awful credit card company beware. This company will tell you that they are in business to help you repair your credit but it is not the truth. Not only can you not access their online system to make your payments online 98% of the time when you do they charge you a fee to make the payment. In addition, their paper statement do not get to you on time so do not depend on those for a reminder or to mail a payment because you will never be on time and they will report you late even though you can't access their system online. This sounds like helping people repair credit, right. Not. And please don't think about calling to let them know you are having trouble because it isn't their problem. I'd do a secure credit card before I used this fraudulent company.

I was a victim of fraud. My credit card was stolen and Credit One was so rude. When it came to helping me nobody could answer my questions. They wouldn't credit back my money and they wanted me to pay the interest charges on top of everything. Rude representative. Just terrible. This company is awful. All I wanted to know was why they kept letting my car go over my limit and did not decline the charges and nobody would give me a straight answer.

Don't use the credit card company!!! SCAMMER, should not be allowed to continue business. They will charge you a "annual" fee that is billed monthly, will charge you a $28.99 late fee on their own monthly fees plus interest, then places a delinquency on your credit report and refuse to take it off. They don't not offer a autopay service, because they want you to be late. When you call to cancel they will not let you until your balance is cleared that takes several days. STAY AWAY. This company needs to be investigated by the FTC.

I have explained over and over with this company that I was unemployed and as soon as I got a job, I will pay off the card. Why is it necessary for them to call from several different phone numbers in the same day. What I don't understand is through this, I have yet to receive a pin number that was requested twice in July. This place will be the first thing I pay off for sure...

I just got this card less than two weeks ago. When I saw the due date was set on the 2nd of the month, I went in to try and change it. It will not allow you to do that. I called. They said there is nothing they can do, they can change it, but it will take two billing cycles. I said "well that does not help me, I don't get paid till the 3rd." Of course no one speaks proper English, they are in some third world country. I said "fine, cancel the card." He said "fine, but you are still getting charged a late fee next month." This is how you want to treat a new customer. This company sucks in customer service.

Any credit card that puts any persons in debt in NY state before they even receive it is illegal. As first premier bank does the same thing tacks on a yearly fee of $79. Credit One tacked on a fee of $75 plus I see they are charging me $99 a yr to have this card. I am filing with NYS attorney general as he stopped first premier won a lawsuit and he will do the same with credit one. AVOID this, card at all cost. I paid on time and even before, my due date. This card is crap. They lie about raising your credit limit in 5 months. Never happens which is a good thing. I have maybe 40 to pay it off and I'm closing the account. It's not worth having such a low rate credit and paying a high usage fee of $99 a yr not including the 8 they add on monthly for even charging anything.

Cutting this card up once all my paperwork is filed with the NY state attorney general. If I can prevent one person from being taken by a knockoff, fraud bank that misleads you right of piggybacking off of capital one's name that in itself is illegal. I see I'm not the first to notice. After you get the card it's not capital one. I'm calling capital one to ask if they can do anything about this company piggybacking off their bank name.

So far my experience with this creditor has been unpleasant to say the least. In July of 2015 I tried to apply for a card with them and was taken through the ringer about verifying my info. They claim that everything has to be mailed to them in Las Vegas, but after mailing things to them they seem to get lost. So I gave up on them. About a week later I received a bill telling that I owe the annual fee. I called them and told them I got it and I shouldn't have to pay it because they never mailed me the card. She put me on hold for a good 5 minutes just to come back and tell me that they could not do anything about it other than to put in a claim to have it reversed.

They called me at least 7 times a day for over a month about it before they got it taken care of. Well this year in 2017 my credit is much better and I received another offer from them wanting me to give them another chance. I responded to the offer and was approved. My card arrived in the mail about a week later, so I called to activate it. The customer service rep was hard to understand. He told me that I had been notified by mail or email that they needed a copy of my driver license and a recent utility bill in my name in order for me to activate my card. I told him that I never received such notice and I wanted to know why they need it now after they have already mailed me the card? He had no answer other than shouting the address I needed to mail this stuff to. I still do not have any faith in this company.

Credit One Bank closed my account with absolutely no notice or communication. I lost my job and had defaulted for 90 days, but paid off my account in full, including all fees - and an additional fee to get the payment in as soon as I could. I received a confirmation of this, notifying me of when my available credit will become open again, which it never did. Finally called in to inquire about that, and that's when they told me my account had been closed and I am not eligible to reopen. However, my online account is still open and tells me everything is OK. Extremely shady - highly recommend avoiding this company.

I have had the worst experience with this company from the outset! Their customer service is based in Manila, Philippines and they are the most arrogant, unprofessional, and worst Customer Service reps around!!! I thought that I would beat the endless automated phone system by speaking with a Spanish speaking rep, but to my surprise their rep spoke Spanish worse than their English. I'm IRATE at the fact that they want to charge you $9.95 to do an express payment to pay your monthly payment. I was told that one of my payments did not go through and that I was charged a fee of $25.00 for a returned payment. I spoke with a supervisor and I was told that if I made a phone payment with him over the phone, I would have the fee waived. Boy was that a lie! I was charged the fee on 1/26/17 after the supervisor told me that he would waive the fee.

I feel that I'm being held hostage with my own bank account, since it takes more than a week for the funds to clear your account from your checking account - in order to avoid the $9.95 fee. I truly wished that I could have researched this card company before I accepted their offer. Shopper beware!! I finally got in touch with their corporate office after I insisted to speak with someone from the office of the President. The supervisor from the call center told me that she would contact them and that I would receive a phone call back from a supervisor in their corporate office in Las Vegas NV within 24-48 hours. After waiting for a week, I called and spoke to a supervisor again out of the Philippines and they finally transferred me to a supervisor in Las Vegas.

I am writing a letter to the President of this company and voicing my concerns about this company. Do not do business with this company. Do your research. I found it interesting that they are not listed in the Better Business Bureau website. I called yesterday and closed my account. Hopefully I won't have any issues with this card anymore!!!

Write letters to your Attorney General explaining your experience so that this company can go out of business and stop scamming innocent people. This credit card will cause you to have MORE bad credit problems. BEWARE!!! DO NOT be so desperate to accept this card. Get a secured card and then get a reputable builder credit card with Capital One or someone similar. (Not First Premier, Credit One, Indigo or any similar type of cards for bad credit.)

I made the mistake of accepting this card around Christmas of 2016. My first bill was due January 20. I'd read online that Credit One plays around with people's credit card payments so I logged onto my account to pay my bill one week in advance to make sure my payment posted on time. I entered the same checking account information that I use successfully for all of my credit cards and utility bills for the past 18 years (and I've NEVER had a problem) - HOWEVER, I logged on one week later to check to make sure the payment posted and it indicated the payment was returned? WHAT????! I was so furious as the funds had been sitting in my account a whole week.

I called (and this would be the first of TEN phone calls I placed within a week), and was connected to someone who couldn't speak good English. I asked for a supervisor. Was just as bad as the first representative and then I asked to speak to a manager. The manager was polite and apologetic and took my checking account information over the phone and waived the $9.95 fee. She repeated the bank account information to me 3 times and it was correct. HOWEVER, one week later, I checked my account AGAIN to find the payment was returned. I called again, same drill as above (each time holding about 45 minutes). I finally reached a "manager" and she waived the second of two late fees I had received through no fault of my own and took my payment as a debit card over the phone and waived the $9.95 fee.

This payment went through just fine, because again, the funds had been in my account for two weeks. However, I told her I wanted to close my account because of the poor customer service, long hold times, and the issues with my payment not posting so I would be FORCED to pay late fees and processing fees, and she tells me that the account was closed for my payment not going through twice and I would need to send in a bank verification letter. WHAT? I had never heard of such a thing. It wasn't my fault and now I have to go and get a letter?

This company is a scam, scam, scam and I really hope that each person reading this will not take this card to avoid stress, frustration, anger, and dings on your credit score and report. ALSO, write letters to the Attorney General's Office so that they can be investigated for scamming innocent people. If you take this card you will regret it. You have been warned.

Foreign customer service. Crazy Low credit limits. Credit Score 700+. Homeowner. Low balances. Income 200K+ verified. Just got approved for a $12,500 elsewhere. They approved me for $500 and would not increase it.

The company answers and is the Philippines. They are hard to understand, the money was there and I spent it. I get it, the fees pile up and when you bounce one payment back they close the account down. I tried to call and ask if I can re open it if I get caught up and they closed my account down. I have no motivation except pay it off before they damage my credit. It's almost like these guys are hired by credit bureaus to destroy your credit. STAY AWAY!

The all day long blocked calls are really starting to become a problem. It's 8 pm and I am still receiving phone calls from a customer service agent by the name of Sandra. I told her that it was not ok to call me all day and at this late hour, she said they are open until 9 pm so they will call until then. They are extremely unprofessional. Once my balance is paid off I will be canceling my card.

I applied for a Credit One Bank credit card just to see if I would be approved. I was approved for the credit cards. I received them in the mail, but immediately cut them up and did not activate them. The next week I received a bill for $94 for a card I never even activated or used. I hope that Credit One Bank understands they will never receive a penny for that bill!

I made an express payment and this company couldn't process my payment immediately for a family emergency. I was on hold for 35 minutes. I was told several times it wasn't a supervisor available. I was told a supervisor would call me back. I waited 2 hours, no one called me back. I called the company back and still didn't get it resolve. Very poor customer service and poor company. I will be letting them go.

This company is a joke. Never used the card and I get a bill for a $75 annual fee and I turn around and cancel it. Few months later I keep getting a bill from them. I call and they said there is a $14 charge on my card. I said how is that possible when I've never ran the card? The representative I was talking to kept getting an attitude with me and my mom. My mom took the phone and asked for a supervisor and the supervisor kept getting an attitude as well. Finally after an hour of fighting over the phone they finally filed a theft investigation and supposedly closed my credit card. I'm warning you people... Do not open an account with these people. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND RUIN YOUR CREDIT!!!

If you are looking for a credit card, I would advise you in the strongest terms not to get this one. For one, when you want to make a payment online, they ask if you want to make an express or standard payment. Express charges you $9.95 and post in like 2 days. Standard does not post for 5 business days which means you could be counted as late if it doesn't post soon enough. And then they will ask if you want an increase of like $125, but will charge you a $25 fee. Then when you make a payment and you pay like $25, you will find that only $5.00 went towards paying your bill and you balance is higher on your next statement than it was before making your payment! My suggestion, please find another card. You'll never get out of debt with this one unless you pay it off all at once.

I have had the most horrible troubles with this company processing payments. Not only do they not accept internet quick payments, but they also require you to send proof of payments in the mail. No email or faxes are available. I made my payment to them a month ago, have had to call them about a late fee I received, and my bank has proof they've already cashed the check! As soon as my payment goes through, I'm closing that account. What a bunch of crooks. DON'T GET THIS CARD!!!

I would never recommend Credit One Bank for a credit card for anyone. If you have bad credit and you are trying to restore your credit, find another place, any place besides these people. I will start with the free sign up for the card. It was advertised as no fee the first year. I was charged that fee the very first month. I figured I must have read it wrong and went ahead and paid the fee. I also had to pay a fee to get a second card in my husband's name. So already, I am realizing that this isn't all it was cracked up to be. But I decided to keep the card. I had no intention of maintaining a balance anyway. I planned on paying it off every month or sooner to void interest charges.

After two months with the card, I was balancing my purchases and noticed that there were two small interest charges. Also, I was unable to make a payment on the card, the message said that I couldn't make a payment within 24 hours of my last payment. Okay, fine, I'll wait a day, the balance isn't due anyway and I am paying it off early. The next day I got the same message. I called them and to my surprise, the reason I couldn't make a payment is because you are limited to only 4 payments a month. I don't know if that is somewhere in the small print that I didn't read but I was not happy. I simply wanted to pay off the balance before the due date so as not to get an interest charge.

It was during this call that I also asked about the two previous charges. I was told I had an interest charge on my purchases just because I had the card. What??!! I am being charged an annual fee and a monthly charge to have the card even if I don't have a balance? I was livid. So I told her I wanted to cancel my card and pay it off right then and there. This was the end of Dec. and my billing cycle would end on Jan. 2nd. I was not allowed to do this because I had made 4 payments this month, even though I was closing the account. Fine, I will call on Jan 2nd and make the final payment and double check that the account is closed. On Jan 2nd, they took my final payment and verified that I had closed my account.

A few days later, I signed in just to make sure the account was closed and what do I see, interest charges for $2.92. Now, I am really mad, how can you charge interest on a closed account that was paid off and one that I never carried a balance on? I called again and got hold of someone and once I complained they stated that they would take those charges off in 24-48 hours. I checked a week later and those charges are still there. Again I called and was told she would refer me to a manager, once again I was told they would remove those charges in 24-48 hours. Well, it has been 24 hours and the charges are still there. I will be sure to check tomorrow.

I realize $2.92 is not a lot of money but this is ridiculous. If they make a couple dollars off of thousands of people this way, it is a perfect scam. DO NOT GET A CREDIT CARD FROM CREDIT ONE BANK!! The one positive I can say about them, they do answer their phones and you do get to speak with a real person rather quickly. But that is the only thing positive I can say.

I have placed 3 times a dispute on the same case, following the process required by Credit One (written and signed ) and I have never received an answer or communication from them to know if it proceeds or not. Also, talking to customer services is not worth because they promise to give an answer that never comes. I have talked 2 times: the first time they promise to have an answer in 21 days. When I called, nobody knew about my case so they promise to answer in 48 hrs. In the meantime my charges continue to grow, in spite of not using my credit card. So, I went to Better Business Bureau because there is no other way to get an answer. They don't have an email address, or other fast way, better than the regular mail, to receive information from their customers.

Received a call from their collection service demanding that I make the payment. Told them how can I pay when I did not receive a statement. He told me doesn't matter I have to pay. Hung up on him. Got online and opened a account to see my billing and my charges made. The account is less than a month old and they said they had sent me a bill through e-mail. Never received anything. The payment due was for January 12th. I opened this account through a flyer I received in the mail. Said "NO application or yearly fee". Was surprised to see a $75 annual fee added to my account. How can I pay a bill that I had no idea it was due. They are on a 30 day billing cycle but I was supposedly billed less than 30 days. Talked to 3 different ladies and could not understand any one of them. Would NEVER recommend this card for anyone. Confusing and very bad business practices.

I just ended a call with an agent that is clearly in the Philippines. I expressed my outrage regarding the LIE that your funds will be available 24 hours after payment for a "nominal" fee of 9.95. Words of advice...only use this option if you are going to be late paying. Late being you didn't give yourself a whole week for it to clear (which is ridiculous).

They told me that there is a disclaimer stating 100 dollars will be available. I said "Where does that appear because I certainly would not pay an extra fee only to have the credit available the same day as a standard payment." She said and I beg of you to not have an aneurysm "it says it AFTER you process the payment". Not when you go to confirm the payment, after you process the payment. That thing is on its way through the interwebs. Oh and don't try to cancel, I tried to do that and a mere 8 minutes after it is unable to cancel. I am curious as to how legal that is, it is literally a lie when they say for this fee your funds will be available the next day.

I received prequalified/preapproved letter for 2500 dollars the first week of December. I looked at reviews online & saw mostly negative but decided to apply anyway. Got approved for $250. I was ok with that, figured I would keep it as a "just in case" card. I was even okay with the $75 fee being taken off immediately. I still had not received my card after New Year's. I called into customer service and told them I'd like to cancel it. They credited me $25 and said that they would resend it to me. They guaranteed it be there by January 10th or 11th. It's January 13th today and it still has not come.

I called and tried to cancel the card but they kept trying to convince me to wait another week. After some strong words they finally agreed to cancel the card but said they could not close my account because I owed $50 of the $75 annual fee. After more strong words and refusing to pay they finally closed my account out at zero. I'm glad I did not proceed with the card and hopefully it's a bullet dodged.

Signed up about 8 weeks ago... tried going to website to pay, unable trying mult. times. So I call the # to make payment with my debit. 1st issue couldn't understand her so I asked where I was calling as I told her to speak English... and I was calling Philippines. Also charged 75.00 annual fee which is not in their info anywhere!! I am canceling this card o ya and 24% interest?! Beware - do not get this card!! And reporting to credit report agencies as well!! So furious.

When making phone calls to ask questions for some reason they are always hard to understand. No matter if the person is male or female. When making payments I've notice that the more you owe no matter if you make payments on time the balance doesn't become available. Some months payments are smaller than others. It's tough to see money vanish when establishing credit. Has happened to me a few times and it seems to be getting to me. Am taking action on calling customer service but I can't seem to comprehend them.

Credit One Credit Card Company Profile