Credit One Credit Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This credit card is a joke. They will ruin your life. The interest is too high. Most of the time you get a representative in India and they are rude and call you all day every day if you're late 2 minutes. If you are late one day on your payment they will cancel your card immediately without any notice and we'll put it on your credit as a delinquent payment within 2 weeks.

Should I give them even one star? I think there should be something lower than that. I don't even know how to describe my experience with this bank. This is the worst "bank", I mean the worst scam organization you could ever have to deal with. It's a big NO NO for anything that's labeled Credit One Bank. Take my word for it. I just paid off the balance and got rid of that nightmare. And guess what? I have had that credit card for less than 5 months and since day 1 it's been a nightmare, I mean not even one good experience, that's right, not even ONE good experience with them. I learned my lesson!!! It's pain in the neck even to pay them. Customer service sucks, credit card sucks, everything sucks!!!

I have been using this card to lift my credit score and have been paying 1 month in advance of all my payments to be flawless to avoid possible interest rates accumulating. However, one day as I looked into my statements, they have been charging me Interest on my spending when I was paying my credit card off almost twice a month. I called and found out that the interest APR, is calculated for Daily purchase. So basically, if you buy something now with the card YOU'LL BE PAYING INTEREST ON IT for the DAYS that goes by until the day you pay it off. WHAT KIND OF FRAUD IS THIS???

I called and asked to speak to a supervisor, and all of their customer service representatives are in INDIA by the way. They finally passed the phone to another Indian guy who was the supervisor and offered my no ANNUAL FEE (which I found out it was $99 a year - which was divided into monthly to charge me $8.25 a month!) for the next 6 months. This is "ALL" that they could do for me. So I took the offer and WILL CALL BACK IN 6TH MONTH from today to re-negotiate. TIPS FOR ALL: For all who already have this card, if you cancel your card, it will impact your credit score. Just call and complain and threaten them so that they will do something for you. Pay off the card in FULL and don't ever utilize this card ever again. CALL TO AVOID THE ANNUAL FEE AS WELL!!!

I had my card for two years, as of this morning. This morning, I received a call, from Credit One, informing me that my card had an overdue balance. I told them that it was impossible because I had recently paid my card completely off in April. I then asked when my last purchase had been made and the representative told me that my last purchase had been made in February. He then informed me that the card came with "annual monthly payments" of $8.50 a month, as I had agreed to in the contract. I had never agreed to this. I then informed the representative that I would like to cancel the card. The representative then informed me that I would be charged an additional fee of $8.25 to cover "credit bureau fees". After agreeing to these conditions, I was transferred to customer service, and I'm pretty sure that I talked to THE SAME EXACT PERSON, but with a different pseudonym this time.

The representative then processed my payment and hopefully this nightmare is now over. The representative was constantly talking, explaining every step in extreme detail, which was highly annoying because he was well aware that I was not in a good mood. He was Indian, and I had already mentioned that I wanted to end my services with card. When I mentioned canceling the card a second time, he acted very shocked. In the end, I paid $45 when I shouldn't have paid a damn dime. The overall experience with the company was actually a four-star experience for a year and a half. I was locked out of my online account and I was unable to contact them through phone, even though I had made a payment. My wife and I then received random suspicious phone numbers everyday, equaling roughly 20 per day on both phones combined.

Finally I answered the phone after a few weeks and it was a call from collections. They let me talk to Credit One and Credit One claimed that I had made a payment in November, although it supposedly hadn't been processed through and the money was supposedly returned. After talking to my bank and reviewing my records, I had never been refunded. I then talked to Credit One again and they STILL refused to pay me back. After another month of not paying due to being unhappy, I finally paid them back due to them causing my credit to absolutely nosedive. My credit had gone down well over 100 points and I have still not recovered from it. This is an absolutely atrocious company and they are a complex scam. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

I wish I would have read the reviews before signing up for a credit card with this company. I have a Capital One credit card and have had no issues for 3 years. I received a credit card application from Credit One Bank. I followed the process and was sent a card in the mail. I activated the card over a month ago, but NEVER used it. I received an email stating I needed to make a payment on my credit line. I log into my account and see I owe a balance of $101.54 for a card I have not used. As I am frantically going over my statement I see I was charged a 75$ annual fee for signing up for this thing and a 25$ late fee plus interest for not paying the annual fee just DAYS after getting it. Total scam. How do I close this account after I pay off (I was ripped off/robbed) this balance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Credit Card?

I had a Credit One card like everyone to help build my credit and because a lot of problems with this card which it can't be solve I close. First they said they would give me the money back of a fee they charged. They were supposed to give 15. They're so miserable that only gave me 7. Ok I let it slide because for me to get that fee back after it were their mistake. I had to speak with the manager who never wanted to talk in the phone and sent someone to tell me that's ok. I closed the account, went online, paid half, and one month other half. In the next month account was close. Can't used it.

Paid the entire balance two weeks after I received a bill in my house that I owe $2 of interest??? How do I owe if my account been close and I make sure I saw it was $0. Well ok I paid that because if I don't the charge almost $40 of late fee then collection and let me not forget to mention that they charge a fee right away. And ok I knew it but from $300 I ended up being able to only used $180. Try to figure why can't speak with no one. They barely speak English and as soon you call all they ask is what method of payment you using today to pay your balances. Bad customer service and high interest.

My fiance' got a letter in the mail that said "pre approved" for 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers with a credit limit up to $3000.00. So he went to the site and put in the "Approval code" and his SS like it asked. Then continued the short application. After that he had to wait a week or so to get the what we assumed was the credit limit approval. He only got $1000.00 but that's not a big deal. What pissed us off is that when he got the card there was NOTHING about 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. In fact there was NOTHING about balance transferring at all! That's the reason we got the card. We wanted to transfer a balance and have the 0% APR for a year.

So he calls them up and stupid us we didn't keep the mail because we assumed since it said PRE APPROVED that's what it meant. The thing is after all this I remembered them from over a year ago doing the same thing to me! I didn't realize it was the same company until I heard him talking on the phone with them. Needless to say we closed our accounts right away and they still charged us a the annual fee which again wasn't mentioned that either of us remember. So we are now out $90.00 total. I THINK THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

My husband wanted to build his credit, so he got the Credit One Bank card. After one billing cycle there were fraudulent charges from another state, going well over the card limit. We called immediately and were put on hold multiple times, hung up on and promised our acct would be sent to fraud dept after we called several more times. We demanded our acct be closed and that no further cards be sent. They immediately sent another card! They opened another acct in my husband's name and transferred the fraudulent balance to the new acct. Two more billing cycles have passed, many long phone calls and a police report and Credit One will not close the acct. There continue to be charges from another state. Someone is charging in another state, using my husband's name and they are sending us the bill. Calling FBI. Calling media. Considering lawsuit. Called police. DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!!!

I paid off my account with Credit One. The following month I get a bill adding on an annual fee of $45.00 and a $1.00 interest charge. I called them to close my account and take off the fees. The annual fee wasn't even due yet. He said he couldn't do that. I could barely understand him. I repeatedly told him to close my account with them. I paid other accounts off and didn't have any trouble with them. This is a very bad company to deal with. Don't get a credit card with them.

I got this car led beginning of 2016. Right away charged 75. I used this card one time for a purchase of 32. Overall I paid in 132 just to them with not even using the card. They remove fees then re-add them months later in hopes you don't notice. I needed a replacement after my car burned up with my wallet. They wanted 25. I said, "Really? Going thru a hard time and still pick and pull for more money." I cancelled on the spot. Don't get this card. It's a horrible experience.

I have Chase and Capital One. Not once had an issue. Should have known better when they copied the look of Capital One. If you're going thru a tough time don't look into this company to help with financial needs. They will run you dry. Fees upon fees upon fees. Makes credit cards look horrible when companies like this take advantage. They will soon disappear. That day can't come soon enough. Hope they enjoyed my free money for using the card 1 time! Fooled me once, never again.

So on 4-17-17, I was approved for a Credit One bank card as I am trying to rebuild my credit, well 2 weeks later I received a letter saying I needed to send in verification of my identity. I mailed in a copy of my driver's license, change of address, social security card and also my paystubs, sent all the info in and on 5-14-17, I checked the status it says it was approved and will update once card was mailed out. Well I checked today status didn't change but received a letter from them today, they want me to send the same information in. Like seriously you need my ID, SS card and utility bill again??? Why? I don't understand why I need it again.

They said they received but need it again. That's absolutely ridiculous!!! The lady didn't speak very English at all and I couldn't understand her, but she said the account is suspended till they get the same documents again, absolutely the stupidest people I've ever had to deal with, they can shove their card up their ass. I'm not sending the same stuff in again!!! Worst place ever!!!

I accepted an offer from COB for an unsecured VISA card. The credit limit was $500. Credit rating was 675 due to 17 years of credit inactivity. When I retired I decided to go to cash only and pay in full. So I accept their card and use it as I see fit. Always paid 2 to 3 weeks before due. Within 1 month of the card my credit rating dropped to 625. I continued to be patient and use the VISA as needed. I received cards from Discover, American Express, American Express Gold, USAA VISA and a MasterCard. All unsecured and all with a credit rating of 740+. COB never offered a credit limit increase and still kept my credit report at 670. I finally cancelled that VISA card and they cannot understand why. Stay away from COB...

If only I knew what I was getting myself into! This company is a joke. They charge you express payments 9 dollars and you can't make payments over the phone. You only have the option to mail a check, Western Union or account payments but the payment won't post until days later!!! Days!!! I called to make an express payment. The girl charged me 104 when she only had to charge me $50. What the heck! That's not all you can't even understand them. Their accent is sooo thick. I have an accent myself but come on! It's customer service over the phone. Horrible. Can't wait to be done with this company!!! Never ever in my life. Hidden fees, slow system, bad service. They really suck!

This company... This company... This Company is horrible. First of all the reps are unable to assist you with resetting your password/username. 2nd they don't have their act together. 3 Not one person there is able to tell if you have paid your account or not since it does take upwards of 7-10 days for your payments to process on your account. 4 They are unable to give information e.g. billing statement date. 5 Their offers look exactly like Cap One. 6 If you make a payment over the phone they will try and charge you a fee, or you can send in your payments to a PO box in Vegas (fishy I think so). 7 They charge a set up fee of 75.00, so before you even get the card you are already in debt with this company. 8 They are just terrible.

Paid the card off month after month and pennies up to a dollar plus was continually added month after month. The last month I paid off 1.37. They terminated my account. I called to ask why and they said the bill was returned, they called my bank for proof that no such thing happened and my bank provided PROOF that NO SUCH THING EVER HAPPENED, they argued and hung up. WILL NOT TAKE ANY CALLS!!!

Every time since I got Credit One card, I try to make a payment king way before my due date and never I can go thru. Their website always is unavailable or shot down and if you call for make a Payment they charge you a fee. I think Credit One do it on purpose shot down the website for charge their customer for payments by phone or late fee for pay late because right away that's my due day past. The next day their website let you in. Very suspicious.

I am completely blown away!!! How a credit card company can get away with charging $99 annual fee plus 24.65% interest? I have had their card for 7 years and I never paid close attention to all the fees because I do everything online. I started looking at my bill closer wondering why it is so high and realized those sneaky you know what has been breaking down the annual fee and a couple little fees monthly and I realized I am getting ripped off to the fullest. I called and went through two people and a manager. They asked if I don't close my account they will waive the annual fee for six months, I said not good enough! You bastards have ripped me off for seven years. So they put me on hold again, came back with they will waive six months prior and the next six months, long as I don't cancel my card. Can you believe this crap!!! Is this legal??? I plan to close this account for good!!!

I received a pre-approval letter from this company, thinking it was an affiliate with Capital One (similar logo, similar name, similar card design options etc...) so I went forward with the application. It wasn't until after I activated that I realized they market themselves closely to Capital One to lure people in. But since I let them hit my credit and got approved, I went ahead and activated.

My first red flag came a few days after activation. I had just made a purchase for gas, then attempted to make another purchase at a mall 15 minutes from where I live. The gas transaction went through with no problem, the mall transaction declined. I immediately call their CSR to see what was going on? Was there a stipulation I missed when I signed up? Why did the card decline?? These nuts proceed to tell me that because the purchase was from outside of my billing area, the card was placed on restriction? Huh?? I live in a HUGE metro area with hundreds of zip codes that change by the block. I explained to her that although I was still within the CITY LIMITS and had JUST made a gas purchase around the corner, I did not understand how I was being declined for being outside of my area. She responded that she fully understood and would take the restriction off, wait 15 minutes then try again.

Okay, so I browse around the department store 20 minutes, go back to the counter to try again, DECLINED!! What in the world?? So I try to call back, get a different rep who tells me that the restriction was never taken off... okay now I'm standing at the counter looking crazy so I go ahead and put the purchase on my bank card. After leaving the mall, I kept thinking about what just happened and how none of it made sense so I called the CSR number back and was told that their office hours were closed. Mon-Friday and Saturdays pacific time... another red flag.

So with using this card, I need to call their CSR anytime I am outside of my subdivision needing to make a purchase, and it has to be before 8 pm EST (or 5 PM PST) or I'm ** out of luck. God forbid I'm on the other side of town needing gas at 9 pm and the only source of available funds I have is my handy dandy Credit One card. I will be stranded!

I've had this for less than a month and am contemplating closing it out and just sticking with my bank card. But at my plight to rebuild credit, it seems that this will be my handy Netflix/Hulu subscription card that I will pay down monthly. This card will never leave the house with me, it's pointless to risk getting declined just because my billing area is 2 blocks away. SMH.

This company is nothing but a pain in the butt to get a credit card with! I have had a card in the past with them so I decided to open up a new account... worst mistake I ever made! I wait 10 days for my card to arrive, and when it comes there is a number to call to activate the card. Once I call to activate the card I am then told they will need a copy of my driver's license and a utility bill in order to verify my address and then my card could be activated. After going round and round trying with 3 different reps with the last rep yelling at me and not listening, I demanded to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor understood my frustration so he said, after I told him I was not putting sensitive documents into the U.S. Postal mail to go only God knows where. He gave me a fax number to fax him the documents and that my card would be activated.

I faxed the documents as he requested and then called back the next day to activate the card only to be told that there was a block on my account and I had to be transferred to an investigation unit. A woman comes on the phone pretending to be an investigator and asked me what my middle name was, how old I was, what my current address is, and what the name of my spouse is??? What the crap??? I told her I was divorced and had been for 16 years so what does my ex have to do with it???

After jumping through all the hoops I was told that my documents that I faxed to them had not been received and that it sometimes takes 24-48 hrs for them to get the documents and it could take another 3-5 days for them to analyze the documents before my card could be approved. At this point of the call I told her that this was supposed to be a credit card company not the FBI and that she could just close out my account that never opened and I would destroy the card they sent me. This card by the way only had a $400 limit but they way they are acting you would think they were giving me a $50,000 credit card limit. This is just plain retarded the way the are conducting so called 'business' especially considering I have been a past customer. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE DEALING WITH THIS company!! You are in for one major headache if you do!!

Where do I start? Monthly UNAUTHORIZED fees - poor customer service in the Philippines!!! On hold for hours!!! Give out your personal information - Yearly fees that they charge interest on - can't pay off because they keep charging fees. STAY AWAY - they will steal your money and your credit rating!

I received numerous letters with guaranteed acceptance from Credit One and finally accepted their offer. When my card was received I DID NOT activate it. A few days later I received a bill for $81.95: $5.95 for the cost of a decorator card and a $75 annual fee. I called customer service to complain. I was told, after much run around, that I would have to speak to a supervisor if I did not want the card that was never activated in the first place. I just wrote to them and added that I would contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and report their actions. Even if they close this account, I want everyone to be aware of their fraudulent actions.

OK so I have had this card since November, and it's not bad if you're rebuilding credit. I see a lot of negative reviews on here, but let me just say they have treated me well. I make weekly payments on my account, and the funds are always available the next business day. The main thing that I don't like is that I'm charged 10 bucks whenever I make an "express payment". I find it annoying, but as someone who is rebuilding credit, I believe beggars can't be choosers. So if you are trying to rebuild credit I do recommend it.

Don't apply for this card - Scam - Fraud - No resolution - I lost my job, still attempted to make payments but the reps will not accept partial payments. My account was referred to another department, that insist I give them my banking information, I refuse. Stated I can pay them $25 monthly, a rep with a very thick accent told me no and was very rude, talked extremely fast and stated I had to pay a certain amount. I got a call weeks later stating they were given permission to offer me a settlement which was less than half my balance. Yet stated I needed to again give my bank information. I refuse again. I said I can send a money order, the rep agreed and said since they get credit for payment I needed to put it to his attention. I agreed and borrowed the money.

A month later I received a statement with a higher balance due, when I called they said they never received any payment that the rep did not work there and there were no notes in the system where I was offered a settlement. Credit One sold my account to a collection agency with the same high balance with a different closing date... That constantly keep reappearing on my credit. I open this account in 2012. It was closed 2013. My credit report says open 2015. I refuse to pay for a bill I already paid.

I had two credit cards with this atrocious bank. I also have 4 other credit cards. I got a loan and paid off all of my credit cards on 3/23/17. I had no problem with any of my cards with the exception of Credit One. They sent me two letters dated 4/4/17 stating that they wanted a letter from my bank certifying that the payments I made were actually from my bank account and were valid payments. The letter stated that I had been locked out of my accounts and that I had until 5/4/17 to supply this info or they would close my accounts and reported to credit agencies as "closed by credit grantor."

When I first called them on 4/19/17 they told me that this was their policy because the payments I had made were much larger than any previous payment. SO WHAT! However, I did as requested and mailed the letters certified mail on 4/21/17 and they were signed for as received on 4/24/17. I continued to be locked out of my account and called back on 5/3/17 and spoke to a supervisor named Eppy who told me that they had not received the letters. I informed her that I had the receipts from the post office showing that they had indeed received them. She then said that it takes 7-10 business days for paperwork to get thru their mailroom to the appropriate office and reviewed. I said fine and that I would call back in a few days.

Upon calling back on 5/10/17 and speaking to yet another supervisor named Sarah, I was again informed that they showed no receipt of my letters. I then told them that I would not be sending them again and that it wasn't my fault if they lost the letters and that they had better do as they had promised and unlock my accounts. She said she would try and get back to me within 24-48 hours. I told her that she had better do more than "try" and she then said she would get back to me. However, upon checking my credit report today on 5/11/17 I find that they have closed both my accounts. Unbelievable! Do not do any business with this bank under any circumstances. You will live to regret it, I promise you.

I cannot contact a real person to ask why I keep getting billed for an annual fee every month. An annual fee implies that a one time annual fee, not an amount from 2017 to 2018 every single month. I can't dispute these charges because nowhere on their web page is there that choice. Because of these monthly charges, which I was not aware of, my account is always past due. I also cannot find where to cancel this card. Can anyone else help with this?

Got a card, limit was increased in 3 months for good payments. Immediately, I could no longer log on so I figured I'd make payment by phone. They took my 500$ payment (way above the min due) but had suspended my card, which I only found out by trying to use the card the next day. They refused to discuss it by phone, stating they sent a letter. A week later, letter comes asking for verification from my bank that the payments that had been made for 3 months were authorized to be made and bank statements. I sent requested info, bank statement from 2 accounts, actual letter from Chase banker confirming auth to make payments and guess what? Never heard back.

So, when I called, finally got an "investigator" who said they didn't have enough info and were not going to turn the card back on. They have all my account nums and personal info and employment info and verification. There is nothing else. So, of course I get an email. "Payment due, click here." And it won't let me access it to even pay off the 100 or so balance. And they reported the card "closed" by them which is a ding on credit report. For a card that was pd. early and consistently with higher than minimum due. What's that tell you? Scammers and phishers for sure, they get your personal and bank info, strong arm you to give up more and who knows how they're going to use it now. They are fake, beware!!!

Many people are bashing Credit One... BUT you need to deal with them with realistically. I've had horrible credit for 20 years, because of two divorces, but I make good money, and own a home that has considerable equity. I also have term, and whole life, insurance policies. This is a short term credit card for those establishing credit, or re-establishing credit. I always thought this was a company associated/parent company with Capital One. No! BUT my initial credit was $450, after I paid my "yearly card fee" of $45 after it was issued, and IN FULL - WHEN I ACTIVATED THE CARD, I got an increase of $150.

If you have bad credit, your options are limited. If you have dodgy, or questionable issues, such as past due child support, or cell phone bills, IRS, or other hassles, this is your card. It's a jumping stone to other cards, especially Discover. Just be aware. Secured cards are useless. It's fine for a year, but you have to move on quickly. Move on within a year. I applied to Discover and told them I had a $350 balance on my Credit One account, they lived it, gave me 18 months 0 APR, and a 2,000 credit limit. I refused, and had them lower it to $1,000. I have no use for high limits. I'm very debit card, and cash functional, but Discover, Amex, offer rewards to many of my day to day shopping. Only use Credit One as a stepping stone for a year, or two, tops. If you are not a fairly good credit risk, after a year, with on time payments, and at least half of your credit limit available, they will waive your yearly fee, but you will have to call them, and ask.

First of all company origin outside of the United States so therefore customer service is extremely unsupportive. Second. Hidden fee. Consumer would've not know about until after using the card because you do not have an online access immediately. As soon as you receive the card you want to get access to your account 2 to 3 weeks after signing up and that will not give you enough time to find out about them and good timing and that's done purposely from the company to set you up for failure and I will give you an example on that. There is a $75 annual fee will be deducted from your bank account immediately so if you cancel your the $75 annual fee +25% on the amount that you owe. And the list goes down. I will highly recommend not using the card until you have access to the online banking and to have a customer service another explain everything before using the card.

Get ready for hell to break loose if you accept their offer. For everytime you leave the state you live in, you have to call your "mom and dad" at Credit One and let them know you left the state. If you don't, then get ready for the embarrassment of a lifetime. 24hr banking or customer service? Not at Credit One. English speaking reps that understand you and you understand them? Not a Credit One! Good customer service, low fees, and accepted anywhere? Not a Credit One! To sum it up... you take a huge risk. I've paid them off and sent the demons at Credit One back to hell. I am better off with American Credit card companies.

I can't list all of the reasons this company sucks! I used this card for gas only. Credit was stolen 2x & am still dealing with them to CLOSE THE DAMN ACCOUNT! I have filed TWO police reports. The police have even spoken with them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They are horrible. Do not give them any of your information.

Credit One Credit Card Company Profile