Credit One Credit Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My credit card due is always 7th of the month. I use my phone and always on the go and always on the 7th. It has been the 3rd time in a row that this website is not working. In making payment the system will then say update bank information with a small deposit as a testing amount. This being said, it will be 24hr before I could access the acct. I will then call and speak with most unhelpful pea-brains in their call center. First 2 scenarios I was promised that no late fee and no express fee due to their web issues, but yet after 24hrs my account occurred late fee. I will then contact anyone that could help but I get a NO with the answer, "No record any agent waived any fee.” Therefore, no integrity.

Today, I called for the same issue and spoke to heartless moron male agent name RED (of course a fictitious name) ext#**. After expressing the frustration, this man expressed no apologies for the inconvenience and instead tried to preach me that their payment system is only compatible with desktop. Obviously, this boy has no listening skills. He then said he can assist me on the phone but he will charge $9.00 express payment fee because standard fee is not possible to be done over the phone (another bunch of **).

After a long talk he then said he will waive the express fee but cannot assure he can waive the late fee of $25.00. This company nickel and dime and make so much money from late fee from customers like me who can only pay right exactly on the day of. And this is a great opportunity for all of a sudden system not working and no matter how much I as a customer express it is the system at fault and not the customer...their ears, understanding, and considerations are still shut.

This company lacks the integrity. The agents lacks people skill, listening skill, and are just purely trained to be scumbags penny suckers for the company. The website modus operandi is a very sad way to trap customers into fees and get more money from customers. Do not sign up for this credit card. Look into credit union options. THE AGENTS ARE SO INCOMPETENT. THEYRE TRAINED TO READ SCRIPT AND HAS NO HUMANE SENSE. BEYOND RUDE AND HEARTLESS.

I had to rebuild my credit so I got a credit card from Credit One in April, everything was okay, wasn't happy about the annual rate. They charged right when I got the card or the 9.99$ they charge you to make a payment by phone!! So I decided to download the app and make payments on there. I made two payments, never heard from them so I assumed everything was fine. Today I tried to get on my app to check my account and it told me it was locked! So I called and they closed my account because my payments were returned because of their app malfunction!! On top of that they charged me two 25$ fees for each on and late fees putting my account over the limit! I didn't receive one email, one phone call, one email, nothing! I haven't even received a statement since I got the card!

So I called and talked to a non-English rep who was rude and made it out to be my fault and basically told me I'm screwed so I told him I want to cancel my card and he said, "Fine. But you still have to pay the remainder in money grams!" After reading these reviews I'm paying it off ASAP and telling them to shove it! They wouldn't even waive any of their fees since it was a technical error on their part! I'm liable! What a joke!!!

I received an application for Capital One credit card, but little did I know it was not, it was Credit One Bank which carried the Capital One Bank logo, and out of my total bill which was for lunch, the outstanding bill was $188.00, $75.00 was for the card use so therefore, my actual charges were a total $113.00. I paid the bill when received. Now, with them stating that they did not receive my payment, it was always late. I was charged and paid amount but, they then added an additional $30.00 for late fee. Not realizing calling them, I received a notice from Comcast asking if I wanted international calling service on my bill. I said No. I have no one abroad. Yes, I did, and little to my surprise I was calling India via their 800 number. My credit limit was suppose to be $300.00 and then they said $200.00. I told Comcast I told I had no knowledge that I was making an international call to India or Pakistan. I was now shocked again.

So now my current balance was approximately $188.00. Again, I spoke to the same exact gentlemen with an accent of Pakistan or India, and advised him in March, 2016 that I was sending him a check for $188.00 and closed my account and that will end this nonsense. This same gentleman told me in an Arabic accent "No you cannot close your account even if you pay, you cannot close this account." I said to him, "I closed my Macy's account, there was a prompt for it. How come every number I call you answer. Are you the only employer/employee of Credit One Bank." I sent him $188.00 and advised him to close the account, period, end this nonsense. Then after all, I was finished with them. No, I wasn't. I received a letter from a collection agency in San Diego, CA. Spoke to gentleman there, he said he bought my debt.

Then I get a notice from my identity service that Credit One Bank filed a notice that he wrote the account off as a loss. He kept that account opened, incurred me to pay an additional $75.00 for the card and late fees up to and including August 2017; I called the agency, at an 800 number, explained the situation to him and he said that he bought the debt for $600.00. He wanted now $600.00 from me. I said ridiculous. So I called his superior, who had an 800 number, lo and behold, it was the same gentleman all along. Now I get another collection letter inside an envelope that had a return address in Minnesota for a 40% discount. I said to myself If I paid it and the line of credit of $200.00 how in the world could I owe him $600.00? Plus he charged it off as a loss on his end. I owe no creditors even up to the present date.

I have paid and closed all accounts except for Capital One, Kohl's, Synchrony Bank for Care Credit for my service dog, which I also have medical insurance for the service dog and Wells Fargo, and Discover, which is almost paid off in full and for which I pay on time. Walmart insisted I keep it opened. I said, "No, thank you" and they advised him if there are any promotions they would reopened my account. I have been harassed by Credit One Bank, mind you the same gentleman with whom was always talking to him. I am advised by Equifax and Experian that it was removed from my credit report as Credit One Bank is not permitted to do business in the US, and more particularly in Florida, USA, for which I reside. I am a USA citizen and a horribly injured 9/11 survivor including but not limited to severe PTSD, which their phone threats to me have made my life literally havoc.

TransUnion acknowledges that although they do take liens from companies, that they are not aware of the conduct of Credit One Bank. Experian and Equifax, after a 32 page report to me from both credit agencies immediately took it off. I am not trying to avoid any obligations, that I may owe which I don't, Transunion will not follow suit with the fraud upon American citizens in this country. Their threats I hope and pray are not from ISIS as I would like to keep my head on my shoulders. In the event you require the 32 page back and front I will be gladly to furnish same to you upon your request.

Please keep in mind that Credit One Bank is not a corporation that can legally do business in the USA more particularly Florida. Not only that, but the same gentleman who owns Credit One Bank and the collection agency, came in two envelopes. The outer envelope was from Minnesota, but the contents had a San Diego address. Credit One Bank is definitely not a Delaware corporation. If you can figure this out, I would be more than happy to hear your comments and in all honesty, that are fraudulently aggravating, running USA credits and I can go on and on. As previously indicated, If you give me your address, I can afford with copies of Equifax and Experian who have come to the same conclusion. I thank you for your time and consideration herein, I remain.

Terrible place. Credit One is all about sharecropping. Their membership fees, plus interest and hidden charges make it almost impossible for anyone to place off the account, get out from under them & move on to something else. Recently I had my fill and decided to pay them completely off. I called to cancel the card & also to receive an exact $ amount for the payoff. (The due date was a couple of weeks away, so this was at the beginning of the new cycle).

Once receiving the info I had a bank manager from my personal bank assist me in arranging to have the funds sent to pay Credit One off electronically. Why? Credit One is a bogus outfit that often assesses illegal fees - just to see how much they can get by with. The bank manager put a tracer on the electronic check & the next day Credit One received the funds & deposited it in their Las Vegas operations bank. I thought that would be the end of it. No it wasn't.

A month later Credit One sent me a bill for 57.00 claiming this was interest I was being assessed on the paid off account. I called Credit One immediately and got nowhere. The next step was to get my personal bank involved & arranged for a 3 way phone conversation. My bank told Credit One right out those charges were bogus and illegal. After about 15 minutes Credit One dropped the charges and declared the account paid off. My bank also taped the conversation. So beware of Credit One. They operate just within the law & will try to take you for as much money as they can.

I have never been able to open my electronic monthly statements. There is no information on how to solve this problem. And the only phone number I can find is a recorded prompt and no option to talk to customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Credit Card?

Trying to increase my credit score only to find out this company is a rip off. Opened account in May. Second week of June started receiving calls that I had to pay off my credit account in full because it was past due. I hadn't even received my card. The company billed me $75 annual fee and then charged a $25 late fee because the annual fee hadn't been paid. I hadn't even received a bill. Credit line was set at $300. I called and got nowhere with the person on the other end. I closed the account and now that will lower my credit score. Company is complete rip off. They will only make your credit score worse instead of better. DO NOT SIGN UP.

DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS CARD. I made payments through app. "Pay Near Me" payments take 2-5 business days. After payment is made, Credit One Bank will not credit your account until 1-2 days before your scheduled payment date. You cannot make purchases, it will decline due to credit limit balance due. Regardless how early you zero out your balance. They require a expedited payment to immediately credit your balance and free up card purchases. But you have to pay for this quick balance credit per single payment transaction. I will zero out my balance, cancel the card and give a big ** to this credit card business.

I'm in the process of "rebuilding" credit. Unfortunately I applied for this on the internet, not realizing that there would be a $75 "fee." They sent me a card, and I didn't activate it. Notice after 14 days it would be automatically closed. I got billed for $75 on a card I didn't even open! Went online and paid it after I called 1800 number to activate this. I should of stayed away from this company! I changed my mind about having it, and I don't see any way to close the account online.

I've had this card about 8 months because I desperately needed a credit card to help me out while I was on Maternity Leave. I've been paying my balances since January and the numbers look EXACTLY the same. It's like I put no money to it!! They've locked me out of my online account TWICE because I've made two payments of "insufficient funds" & I just finished speaking to a customer service associate about it and she was NO help. Now in order to get my online account back I have to write a LETTER to their corporate store in Nevada. Do yourself the favor and stay away from this company. Their customer service offices aren't even in the US and they can barely understand you sometimes. They're absolutely awful. I've already told them I'm closing this credit card the second it's paid off.

I didn't want to get this card to start my husband's credit, and I regret getting it now. I make the payments on his account. It is RIDICULOUS to have to pay extra to process a payment sooner. Every credit card I have had posts the amount immediately without having to pay extra and funds are available the next day. But not with Credit One. They charge $9.95. And if you do a standard payment, funds are not available for 5 or 6 business days.

A minimum payment was due on my husband's account. I tried to process a standard payment online. It said my request could not be processed at this time so to call this number. I called the number on Friday because the minimum payment is due Wednesday and the rep said they were going to process an express payment. I refused to pay it because the website was giving problems. The rep AGREED to waive the payment fee so it can post the same day since it was before 5pm and CONFIRMED that it was paid.

On the phone with them right now on Sunday, spoke with 2 reps who refused to verify if the payment posted without my husband's authorization. Then how can I process a payment without his authorization? Spoke to the manager. He reprocessed the payment and guaranteed it would go through this time once I spoke with my bank. It was showing up as declined, which is FALSE because my bank tells me about EVERY transaction. I called my bank and they have no record of the transaction.

After I got the card, I went to make a payment. I selected the Express Payment option and typed YES in their confirmation screen to pay it. I *thought* it went through, but it didn't. A few weeks later, I got put on the callbot again asking me to pay my balance -- to which I replied I had already paid the balance in full weeks earlier. Nope. And guess what? It went past 30 days, so they reported a late payment on my credit report. I have other cards and I have never missed a payment, so this report dropped my score nearly 90 points. I was shocked. I disputed it, asked for a goodwill adjustment since I paid the balance in full, only to be given generic, robotic responses that didn't even address the issue I had on their website.

Two things (one I should have done up front): 1. Always confirm your payment is made and get a confirmation number. I didn't do this because I had to run to a meeting right after I paid it and didn't realize there was an issue. (However, they should be able to see some record of my attempted payment in their web logs... but nobody even offered to do that to my written letter.) 2. Do not get this card. You are going to have to pay an annual fee right off the bat. Do yourself a favor and get a real secured card first and go from there.

If I had it to do over, I would not have ever signed up for this card. I haven't used the card since and have no intentions of doing so. I have been diligent about rebuilding my credit and the fact this card company -- in the business of helping people like me rebuild credit -- would be that disconnected and unwilling to work with me is the reason I have gone out of my way to find a legit review site and tell my story.

I have been a customer for over 2 years. I recently was asked by an employee why haven't offered me a credit increase. The process fee of $24.95 was never refunded after I was denied a credit increase. I was told this was a standard business practice. Before you accept a credit increase from this company please make sure you check your credit score and make at least $1200 dollars a month.

Credit One Bank is a buyer beware credit card. There are many other better cards for restarting your credit. Payment of the express payment fee does not result in next day available funds. IN FACT expect to have your funds held for an additional week after having the funds removed from your checking account. YOU ARE GIVING THEM A FREE LOAN AND YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT! No amount of complaining or advocating for yourself results in a solution. After nearly an hour of calls, the concern was heard but the outcome was hardly a resolution. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. It's your value, your time and money

I received card in mail. If I applied... show me an application. No mention of "Annual Fee"... credit limit $1000.00. I foolishly used it. 2 weeks after receiving card I was assessed a "Late Fee"! That's when I knew "Credit One" was TROUBLE! I cut up the card... paid for my purchases and the interest. I told them verbally while supposedly being "recorded" and sent them an email stating I was no longer a customer of theirs and that I had "cut up" my card. Since then "my balance" has gone up to nearly $400.00 because of "Late Fees". They've ruined what was a very good credit rating. They called daily... many times each day. It was of no use to try to "block" them. They have an endless supply of American phone numbers from all over the country.

I finally answered and was continuously transferred until I supposedly had the "main supervisor". I told him exactly what I've mentioned here already. During our conversation he told me he and the other callers were in "India". Their "accent" was a dead giveaway. He told me their main office was in Las Vegas. When I asked for that number he repeatedly told me he couldn't give me that number and wouldn't tell me why. They might have a P.O. BOX there... but that's it... I'm sure of that! I also asked how it is they have so many American phone numbers. He said they purchased them from "American Phone Company"! I told him I didn't see how that could be legal. I told him if I didn't get a letter from them saying I no longer owe them any money and if they didn't fix my "credit rating" I was going to go to everyone I could possibly go to to complain about their corruption and obvious scrupulous connection with the "Phone Company".

He finally said he would have to go over it with "his supervisor"! He said getting my credit rating back where it had been would take 6 to 9 months. They can ruin it overnight apparently but it takes very long to fix it! I of course don't believe anything will be done. They'll just keep adding late fees. Meanwhile everyone here says complain complain complain!!! But no one here can has done a damn thing to help! A couple of my credit cards I already had lowered my limits and raised my rates! So... they are no more! My own credit union who I've been with over 25 years... "Affinity Plus Credit Union"... told me... "Oh well... better pay them or they'll keep adding to what you owe". Thanks! I guess they all stick together... huh?!

On a number of occasions they would decide to put a block on my card if they felt the gas station wasn't in an area that isn't safe. My payments were consistent and they are not trained correctly and absolutely the managers they have are rude and complete liars. They treat their customers like crap. I would never recommend to my worst enemy to go with them. Very inconsiderate and unprofessional. Best thing I did was close my account. They are one big headache and they say they answer calls 24/7 but in the middle of this so called manager pretty much trying to cover her but because I caught her in a lie all of a sudden hung up. I call back and then was told their closed. Crooked. Not worth the hassle.

I called to cancel my subscription since they charge an annual fee and I don't need the card anymore - they cancelled the card then six month later they called to say I was behind since they started charging the fee again - I told them to cancel it again which they said they would but they wouldn't remove the annual fees so I had to pay $24.95 for nothing - what a ripoff!

I tried to setup an account online. It actually turns out I was able to, but the website had said it didn't work a time or two. I asked for them to email my password, but that didn't happen. I had wanted to pay my bill from my bank online. I did this about a week before my payment was due. I then thought my payment was due on the 26th, but it turns out it was due on the 22nd. I had planned on calling in and paying it by phone. Of course, you are charged a $9.95 fee for this. On the 23rd, I got a phone call that my account was delinquent and asked if I wanted to bring it current. One day. I was charged $25.00 because there is no grace period. Again, I truly tried to set it up to pay online and spent a lot of time trying to do that.

I made a payment to my bill by debit card, and they said I would be charged $9.95 for doing that. She waived the fee because I complained about the time and trouble to set up my account on the internet and pay that way. She said she could not waive the $25.00 fee but would be happy to refer me to a manager. I was frustrated and had already spent too much time on this card, and I was at work and didn't want to fool with it. I told her to please refer it to her manager about the waiver. This was yesterday, but of course the $25.00 one day late fee has not been waived.

This is the first month of my card. I absent-mindedly applied for the card, and there is nothing special about the way it looks, other than in my opinion this company tries to make you think they are CapitalOne with the swoosh. I have a CapitalOne card and am looking at it. In looking at my bill, I was charged $6.95 for a "Premium Design Fee." I don't recall requesting a "Premium Design," and this is just not something I would normally do. Perhaps I just checked a box absentmindedly and sent it in.

So... the payment from my debit card came out right away. Right away. This has not yet been posted to my account. I think maybe it takes five days? In the meantime, my account has gone over my $500.00 limit, and I fully expect to be charged on over-the-limit fee. That hasn't happened, but in reading reviews about this company, their deceit about trying to look like CapitalOne, the one-day $25.00 charge, wanting to charge $9.95 for making a payment, and the trouble setting up Internet access that I honestly believe is designed to be deceptive, I fully expect to charged for going 81 cents over my credit limit, even though it was caused by the $25.00 charge and the fact that they haven't posted my payment yet. If you like feeling afraid you will be charged excessively and feel that you are dealing with a company in a third-world country, this is the company for you.

They want their annual charge right away. Even I didn't use the card I was charge a late fee for annual fee. I don't have opportunity to use the damn card yet. Customer service was horrible...so I paid the whole thing and shredded the freaking Credit One Card. Hello people...do yourself a favor...if you want to open credit card do not consider Credit One. Try Discover card or Citi card. I have been using Discover card for awhile now and satisfied with them. Again do not consider Credit One cards. I think they are a fraudulent.

So even when you pay off your balance (had a 0$ balance for 5 weeks) you still get interest fees from when you had a balance... How does that make any sense. Cancelled the card immediately and STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST DOING BUSINESS with the CALL CENTER OUT of the US that reads from a screen and is NO HELP at all...

I have an investigation on my account and was told that it had been resolved and that my refund would be mailed to me. Three weeks later I called to check on my refund and was told that it was just mailed out. When I asked to speak to a manager I was placed on hold for almost an hour. All of the representatives are from the Philippines so there were language barriers. This is the worst company ever!!!! I would not recommend this company to anyone.

I applied for a Credit One credit card. Can't believe it takes 3 weeks to receive the card. Customer service reps sucks, they keep telling me lies about when my card will be shipped. I'm really thinking about canceling my card.

This will be my first review for Credit One Bank. I will make another review once I have used the card more. First: I applied for a Credit One Bank credit card and was approved on 06/06/2017 for the Credit One Bank Platinum Visa. Right from the start it informed me if I chose a certain type of card design I would be charged a fee of $6.95. I was okay with that. So I chose my design and waited for my card to be sent. My card was shipped on 06/16/2017. Website stated it should be there by 06/26/2017. I received it by 06/19/2017. I think where the problem starts with certain people is they do not read. I said certain not all!

When I received my card (that goes for all new customers to credit cards) it came with a grey paper that gives you the breakdown of the terms for your card. I HIGHLY SUGGEST EVERYONE READ THAT WORD FOR WORD BEFORE YOU ACTIVE THE CARD. The very first page informed me of my APR rate, the minimum interest charge, set-up maintenance fees, annual membership fee, late fee additional user fee, etc..

One of the many complaints I have read was for the annual membership fee. That grey paper tells you when you active your card you will be charged the $75 (numbers can be different depending on your person agreement) annual fee right off the back. After the first year your annual fee will be $99 billed monthly for $8.25. You have a choice to reject this monthly charge after you receive your first billing statement only. If you have paid that $8.25 even one time you can no longer cancel. So if you were approved for a credit limit of $300, your annual fee of $75 will be deducted from that making your balance $225 for spending. In my case I got a card design for 6.95 (rounded up to 7) plus $75 for my available limit of $218.

Second - Logging into Credit One Bank Website: When I received my card, I immediately signed up for an online log in. However, right after I created it I couldn't log in (not one time). So I called customer service (although they don't speak good English, I am use to this because I work in insurance so I could understand enough). I informed the representative I could not log in. He walked me through the Forgot username/password sets. I had to create a new login. Not sure why when I had just made the one I had. But it worked.

Third - payment posting: Payment posting was another huge problem others commented on. Just browsing around the Credit One online portal I saw the standard payment (free of charge), it stated if I made a payment today 06/20/2017 my payment would post to my account by 06/27/2017. Although, that is extremely long at least it did inform me. The express payment ($9.95 charge), stated if I make the payment today 06/20/2017 my payment will post to my account by 06/21/2017. I have not tested this out yet to see if it actually will. That's why this says first review. I will make another review in a few months after I've received my first bill or two. This is just for the people THINKING about getting the card.

This is the absolute WORST credit card company! Nobody speaks proper English, website is always having issues when making a payment, they charge a ridiculous annual fee, and the last straw was I made an early payment (before my billing cycle ends) and they tried to charge me a $35 late fee. If you are not diligent about checking your statements with a fine toothed comb, they will rob you. BEWARE! I needed this card 7 years ago when I was rebuilding my credit. I now have a 750 credit score, and am closing this account for good.

I am sick and tired of Credit One. I received their card one year ago. I have always paid on time and for the most part more than what was asked of me. I have countless times asked for a credit increase. My initial credit was $400 and this is after they deducted the $75 annual fee. Credit One keeps refusing me of an increase, they send a letter in the mail stating the reason I was denied was because I have had their card less than one year. Okay, so today I call and the representative Olivia which sounded like a robot rather than a human tells me "no that not so, we get credit, one month, three month, six month." I said this isn't so, and I am sick and tired putting in for an increase, then seeing on my credit report hard inquiries. This card is ** and so are the representatives. If someone pays on time, they should be entitled an increase without all of Credit One bs stories.

I received a letter I was preapproved. I applied and was told everything was approved and I would get my card 7-10 business days. 15 business days later I did not receive the card. I called them they told me give it a couple more days. 3 more days later I got a bill for $45.00 for something I never received nor activated. I called them to cancel altogether as to me this was a sign. The representative a foreigner told me he will cancel my account and credit my account for $25.00 and I would only owe $20.00. Oh yes I told him that was unacceptable. I am not paying anything for something I never received. He recanted his statement. Confirmed he canceled my account and credited it to $0. I have good credit. If this goes on my credit report I will be very upset. Beware do not get a Credit One credit card.

This was the first card I received after my credit went to crap from when I lost my good paying job and had to take work paying half the income I used to make. Anyway, this is a subprime card and I understood that the interest rate was high. They also charge an annual fee that you can either pay each year in full or they will break it up and charge you each month for 12 months. I almost always pay the full amount I use each month. Sometimes I don't. I look at my statement and make sure the interest rate calculation is according to my rate for any balance I leave on the card till the next month. They've given me two increases but you have to for it. I think it $24. It's been worth it for me and it help me establish my credit enough even though I have several bad accounts on my credit report as I'm still digging myself out of the debt from when I lost my job.

I now have a few more cards but mainly to just help my credit. Whatever I charge, I try to pay right away. If I maintain any balances, I pay four or five times the minimum amount due so the interest really hasn't been that bad, like an amount I would pay for a drink or two. Just keep in mind, this is a subprime card, know what your interest rate is so you're not pissed off later, and whatever your due date is, put it in your head that it's due a week or more before, this way if you have some anomaly in accessing your account or whatever, you're still good. Pay it off each month or as much of it as you can but not the minimum.

My whole credit history is so bad, that I have had to file bankruptcy! As I have moved on, to rebuild my credit history and score. I have a credit card through Credit One Bank. First they started me out with only $250.00 credit line. I made my payments on time, and without asking for a credit line increase, I now have a $500.00 credit line. If this is as high as my credit line will go! I'm very happy about it. Now I have a Capital One Quicksilver, with a credit line of $500.00 also! And just a month ago!

I got the most best credit card, you can ever get! I have an American Express! And they started me out with a $1,000.00 credit line. Now as I have read about the American Express Card, which I have, after 30 days or 60 days, without missing payments. They, American Express, will increase your credit line up to 200%. I also have three of the most high interest rate cards which I use! I have Indigo, Total Visa and Milestone! And they only offer a $300.00 credit line only with a HIGH ANNUAL FEE! However I have each one of these paying for my internet shows, (#1) I have one paying for my Netflix! (#2) and the other paying for my Hulu. (#3) and my other one pays for my CBS.com.

All of which are low cost! Online shows. Then after I saw my billings for these online shows, I shared them, and kept them open! And yes! Each year I have to pay my high annual fees! On those three! But I only pay! Low! Monthly payments for my Netflix, Hulu, and CBS.com. And I pay these cards before the due dates. Which shows up on my credit report, of never being late!

Also I went and called all three credit bureaus and with a small fee of $5.00 to each one of the credit bureaus, I place a CREDIT LOCK! On my credit reports! So that no further credit request and be issued on my credit reports! But once you do this, you MUST keep your PIN NUMBERS! Because once you place a CREDIT LOCK on your credit report, you must have your pin number to UNLOCK your credit report! Please NOTE! If you have credit cards which you use, this CREDIT LOCK does not affect your credit card companies by reporting your credit history on your credit report! This CREDIT LOCK stops identity thieves from applying for credit in your name.

I tried logging in online to pay my monthly bill. I was locked out and my account suspended. I called to get a new password. Only then did they notify me that they had shut my account down because my card was used near Los Angeles, CA on the 5th of this month. It was the 14th when I called. So 9 days later and they hadn't called, emailed, or done anything to notify me of this. WTF? I will be closing my account down after they send the new card. How do you not call?

I will start this by saying I have had my Credit One Platinum card for about five years now. I have lived at the same address for three. I logged into a third party credit monitoring service I use and found out that Credit One closed my credit line. They did this without emailing me, without mailing me any notice, or calling. When I called in the rep told me to verify my address for identity purposes so I gave them my address. Three minutes later, when I was able to ask about why my account was closed without my knowledge they said it was because of an address discrepancy and that they tried mailing me notification... They had my ** address on file to verify my information... Both in the online account center, and at their office. There was definitely not an address discrepancy, and they email me my payment confirmation every time I make a payment. Poor company structure and organization is what caused this issue.

I have never missed a payment, and whatever they are doing over there at Credit One just dropped my credit score thirty points because that was my oldest revolving account. It is also near impossible to get a rep on the phone. Companies like Credit One do this on purpose because they do not care about customer service, and they know they have a poor product. Their payments take forever to process so you cannot rely on this card for daily use, and they hardly offer any type of rewards points. Worst card I have ever had.

I had a return check. I will admit was my doing. Paid my bill with the same checking account again, my money was in the bank. They return that payment. Also was wondering why my check had not cleared, payment still in bank. They closed my online account. I have called them numerous times to open it back up. Was told that they could do it in 2 to 3 business days so I could update my checking account to make sure it's right. I had to call them again today because it was not open, was told they had to verify my checking account.

They could charge my account a $1 to verify it, if they wanted to. I asked for a Supervisor which she did not turn me over to, she kept talking. I will admit I was a little frustrated on the phone with her. I have never had trouble paying any of my bills, I got the card because I was trying to build my credit back up after my divorce. I feel being late on this bill is going to jack my credit up some more. I told her just to send me a bill, I am paying it off and canceling the card. I wash my hands of it, and I regret ever opening an account with this company.

Credit One Credit Card Company Profile