Credit One Credit Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

These people shut down my credit card because I made a payment that on no account, not only did they shut down my credit card but they shut down my online account where I can't see what I owe. Have been making payments for several months off the account that they said was fraudulent, but still won't let me see my account nor do they mail anything. Talked to a non-American speaking person. I could not understand them nor them me. This is a bad company. Would not advise using them. Don't know how my account could be bad when I did as I should. Did make a late payment but covered that within a few days. That is not the problem. They want my money but won't let me see for what I am paying.

I use credit cards only for travel and emergencies. I recently had a balance of 229.00 not due until March 20, 2017. I get an email stating I have a statement to review. However I notice a balance of 1.49 due April 20th. So I called customer service and unfortunately got a CSR from the Philippines that hardly understood English. Explained to the Rep. that being that I paid off the account in full prior to the due date that I would not be assessed a finance charge. She argued with me and stated that I have to look at the payoff balance. That I am assessed a finance charge. Being that I takes up to five business days for the debit to clear.

Apparently she did not understand that my due date was on the 20th, and my payment was posted to the account on the 5th of the month. She states that I am still assessed a finance charge during the five business days. I said, "That is Illegal. You cannot charge finance charges when you pay off the account in full prior to the due date." So then she put me on hold and then came back five minutes later still arguing with me about it. And I told her that I am not paying the 1.49 finance charge and a late fee if I refuse to pay this. She then told me that I need to pay using express pay for the ridiculous fee of 9.00. I said, "You banks all you do is rip off people." So then she removed the finance charge.

Then 24 hours later I get several calls from Credit One stating that they are a supervisor and wanted to talk to me about the call I had. I did not speak to these supervisors I know because they are alias supervisors with fake names that cannot speak English. Credit One needs to have their services in the United States where us customers can understand English.

Only use my credit card 2 times $25 solar in total purchase, after I pay $117.99, but when I check my personal account I see was charged $127.94. Why? I call to Customer Service only to listen that I need make my pay, so it's a bad service. I trying cancel the card because it's too expensive and nobody know how to cancel! It's awesome really. Don't use this bank.

Credit One Bank is very fraudulent. They false advertise like your money is there when you needed it. Do not apply for one of their credit cards. Worst mistake I ever made. I overpaid on my account so that all my money would be on one card when I took my vacation... big mistake. The bank put a hold on my card without notifying me. When I called no one could tell me why. So I asked for a supervisor. She told me it would be 7 to 10 day for me to get my money. When I told her that was unacceptable she said I would have access to my money within 24 to 48 hours, a big lie. So now it's time for my vacation and I have no money because I trusted the wrong bank. So please do not apply for a Credit One card. It is a BIG MISTAKE. Sincerely. Very unstifled customer.

There is a huge language issue here. They reps do not want to hear you just be heard. You cannot get an appropriate answer to anything. It's like they are reading a script and you cannot get anywhere after holding forever and being hung up on. The website stinks you cannot pay off this card with another card only a debit card that they charge for or a bank account. This is a few of the issues. This card is not worth it. It does not help rebuild credit. It only helps give a headache.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Credit Card?

By far, the worst experience I've ever had. I wish I had known what a horrible company Credit One Bank and that their credit cards are scams. I'm young, in school trying to build my credit. I have other bank cards I pay on time and am very conscious about my credit score. Credit One credit card is going to ruin everything I'm trying to build.

I can't make a payment to Credit One because my account is locked. No one told me it was locked. At first I thought it was their website but after 10 days I called. When I called and talked to someone they said if I made a payment of $160.00 then my account would be caught up and opened again. I said, "Why did you close my account in the first place?" And never got a straight answer. I paid the $160.00 on the phone right then and then. When I went in to make another payment my account is locked AGAIN!!

I called. They said it was closed because they couldn't verify my bank account. They also don't show my payment of $160.00. They said I had to send them a letter from my bank on the bank's letterhead saying I had an account. Why? It doesn't make any sense. My bank said that was very unusual when I called them. This credit card company doesn't make any sense. I've never had this kind of issues with any other credit card or bank. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she told me they never received my payment even though I did it over the phone!!

I can't believe this!!! This company is a rip-off. I want to pay my balance and close this account but I don't even know if I can trust them to do that. This is just a nightmare. After reading a few of the comments here, I see that everyone has experienced a lot of the same issues! I don't know what to do now. DO NOT USE THIS CREDIT CARD!!!

Credit One Bank scams you into thinking immediately that you're signing up for Capital One. But of course looking more closely, it's called Credit One (hook one). Secondly, you are charged a annual fee of $75.00 before you have even used it (BS). They went ahead with closing this account with no charge to us, but, were going to put it on our credit report. Damn them. Stay Away.

In March someone paid off my credit card, changed my address on the Credit One website and then used my card online at US Auto Parts. I immediately contacted Credit One to initiate an investigation that will take 90 days. My card was closed and a new card was sent out. I have not even received my new credit card yet, have no clue what the credit card number is and the account has been compromised again with another purchase at US Auto Parts. Beware of having your account hacked. Since the new card has not been used yet or even activated at that I am going to say an employee at Credit One is helping have the customers information stolen.

I received this card a little over a year ago and acquired a small balance on it and became very ILL with the customer service when I was constantly presented with a problem. Shortly after, I zero-out my balance and closed out/terminate the card only to reveal 3 months later I get a statement saying I owe a balance of the membership fee! I then call customer service, which sounds like they're in an underwater basement in India and they do not comprehend what you're telling them nor what they're saying to you! I gave up! I just hope a crap company like this doesn't damage my credit!!

This is in reference to a credit card through Credit One Bank. I am about to lose my mind over this and do not know what to do short of contacting an attorney. Every month I am charged a $31.00 late fee but I am not late. I call and I am placed on eternal hold, hung up on and have to speak to people who DO NOT speak English. I am also charged $5.88 fee for Credit Protection, I did not sign up for this and also call every month to have it removed. They are also charging me a (monthly) annual fee of $8.25. I did not agree to this and once again I have to call every month to have this corrected. Is this legal? Is there something I can do to stop this madness. I do not use this credit card and yet every month my balance goes up and I am making large monthly payments. Is there anyone out there that investigates this kind of fraud? Thanks.

This company operates with the name of a bank in America, Credit One, BUT, it is not the same bank. Their practices are horribly deceptive, and they did numerous things to my account, including one time they put a $2.60 amount on my account AFTER I paid it off. When I called to close account and ask what the fee was for, I was told it was interest from my previous balance, that I paid off 2 weeks ago. The customer representative harassed me and gave me a terrible time about closing my account. After arguing with him for at least 15 minutes, he finally agreed to close my account. Then, he said I had to pay the $2.60 so he could close it as I was a risk. WHAT FOR A fraudulent charge that they put on my account, I'm the risk?? No. They operative deceptively and I'm sure they take advantage of many, many people. STAY AWAY FAR AWAY from their offers.

Card was allegedly sent out on 3/4 and I was notified by email that I could expect it within 7-10 business days. By 3/24, I had not received the card but had received a statement for the $75 annual fee. I spoke with a representative on 3/24 and was told she would zero out the balance, cancel the card and issue a new one. By 4/3, I had not received the SECOND card. I spoke with a representative AND a supervisor and was told 1) They cannot cancel a card and issue a new one (first rep lied? Hmmm, imagine that). 2) They would cancel the second card and issue a new one (thought you couldn't do that). 3) They will look at the account and call me back within 7-10 business days.

NONE of these reps were American and all were difficult to understand. ALL of them seemed not to care one bit that they are inefficient and in my opinion, fraudulent. ALL of them repeated the phrase "I am sorry for your inconvenience" multiple times but yet offered no solution to THEIR multiple errors. IF I ever receive the card, I will be cutting it immediately in half and sending it back to them along with a written letter stating my opinion of their business practices. Do NOT apply for this card! It is my belief that they are, in fact, a bogus company. After reading several other reviews, I am now grateful that the card never got here.

I used to have this credit card and was content. Unfortunately three years ago, I did a bankruptcy and included them in the contract. They are saying they are a charge-off when they know they were part of my bankruptcy. I think they are deliberately trying to be sneaky and get paid instead of respecting their original outcome.

Got pre-approved for a credit card with Credit One. Went ahead and went through with the application process. What they failed to inform me of is that they have a $75 annual "membership" fee, which goes up to $99 for the next year. I didn't see this until I received the card in the mail and activated it. I promptly called them and cancelled my "membership" because $75 is a complete ripoff. Other credit card companies don't charge this. Stay far away from this bank. Complete ripoff.

I originally applied for a credit line of $750 and was approved. I get the card in the mail and find out my limit is at $500. Then, once my card is maxed out after a move, I try to pay the bill online. After trying to login to my account online I find out I've been locked out by the bank. How am I supposed to pay my bill when my online login has been locked?! Then when I call Credit One they transfer me twice and have me run around through a verification process after verifying SEVERAL TIMES. This is ridiculous, I just want to pay my bill!

Over 2 years ago Credit One sent me an offer for a $500 card. Obviously, I had bad credit and was trying to rebuild anyway I could so I applied and voila approved for a Visa. I was ecstatic! Fast forward and my always paying more than the minimums ON TIME every month has raised my limit to $1800, some given, some accepted with a fee. They also sent me an additional card this year (MC) with an $850 limit that will go up over time, making my utilization and available credit ration even higher. I'll pay $25 for that all day!!!

When you have less than perfect credit, you get less than ideal terms. That's the way it is folks. These companies are taking a risk lending credit to people with blemishes on their record. And you expect them to not need to make their money? Imagine how many people default, of course there are fees. Look at ANY subprime lender and there WILL BE FEES. READ READ READ those terms people! They aren't there for you to just look at. Read and understand the CONTRACT you are signing. Some of these reviews are just laughable and make it painfully obvious on why your credit is poor.

Now, in regards to customer service, I have had a few instances where I needed to contact them, and thankfully the Indians I got were not too hard to understand and were not rude to me. So maybe, their frustration comes from having to deal with people who cannot read the terms they agreed to all day, or pay late, or have whatever other excuse for being financially irresponsible and not diligent and downright OCD about watching your accounts like a hawk to rebuild your profile. And yes, ** happens, and sometimes we lose a job or something happens, but this is a subprime bank (NOT BOFA, NOT Chase, NOT Capital One, or any other Tier one banking institution), they most likely are not going to "work" with you, and that's their choice as a lender and that's your problem for choosing them over a higher institution.

Nowhere in their terms that YOU agreed to does it say "we will work with you for payment arrangements if you incur financial hardship", and they do offer a credit protection plan if you are just generally unstable. And if it's that you couldn't get approved thanks to poor credit through a better bank, then maybe you should get a secured card instead until your situation improves. Just a thought. Also, I am a little worried for when the time comes to close the account, so TY to the poster with the Vegas number. Cheers!

I recently applied (3/19/2017) for a Credit One credit card online using the prequalify app and after prequalifying for a recommended credit card I was taken to their application site and which I applied and was approved for their Platinum Visa credit card. Moments later I checked the application status to see if the site could give me some information about my approval i.e the amount of my new credit line and how long would it take for me to receive my card. Website only stated that I my application had been approved and that I could check back to see when I would be expecting my card in the mail.

However today (3/27/2017) I called and spoke to a representative who said my account was denied? And that she had no idea why the site said I was approved. This representative was very rude and barely spoke English and any question I asked her she replied with a totally different answer as if it was her first time on the job and she didn't have a clue how her company worked. Being left in the dark I decided to call back and talked to a new rep. This new representative quickly told me I was approved and congratulated me and told me to expect my card soon? Was I denied or approved? This company seems to be very unprofessional. Wish I would of did some research before I applied. Customer service is rude and lack knowledge in their company and should be retrained on proper customer service.

Can not log in for months. They try to fix it over phone by having you screw up your entire computer then they say someone will call you back in 3 days but they don't. No tech support to transfer to. Only way to talk to someone is to press 000 during listening to all the advertisements.

I paid off my credit card balance 2 months ago and actually paid too much leaving me with a $3.25 credit. New statement showed $5 balance. Called and Spoke with Maryann; insisted they remove the charge which they claim is a "monthly maintenance fee". How do you add finance charges to a $0 balance? Demanded to speak with a manager and told it would take 24-48 hours then she hung up on me. Closing this acct as soon as I close on my house Friday. Besides, I thought this was Capital One and have a FICO score well over 740 so they played me with the fake logo. Do yourself a favor and get a better card. Would give them zero stars but it's not an option here.

This creditor is horrible, I have had this credit card for a few years now because it was an easier one to get, Don't DO IT! Customer service is completely overseas. (The male reps are the hardest to understand and rude.) If you're one day late, they will blow up your phone even if you have been a customer for years and your account has been fine throughout. You can only make payments online with a check, I accidentally put my wrong checking account number for a payment, so it came back. They didn't tell me in a voicemail, email or an alert on my credit card account - I even paid it over phone once I found out it happened, and they closed my account - which they still didn't tell me. I didn't know they closed my account until I checked my credit report.

DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS CARD. The moment you apply they start the billing cycle and charges before you receive the card or activate it. They do not send you a bill thru the mail. They charge you and because you think you will be billed the following month, wrong you receive late charges on top of the other charges and you have not received the actual card. These people are crooks. If you have this card cut it up and pay it off immediately. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY FURTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION. They make their money by their late fees and their in-house charges. I cut this card up and will be paying in full next month. Total Fraud.

I have had this cc with Credit One for four months now. I knew about all the fees and charges to initially get started with this card because I had read all the fine print. What I should have done was read all these reviews first. First two months went by fine and without issues. Although I didn't care for the express payment fee, I still paid bill thru it, usually way before due and over the amount due. Worked out fine, no problem, payment went thru by next day and had credit for it.

Here's the catch! Last two months my card and website access were suspended due to what THEY THOUGHT was fraudulent activity. They failed to call me and inform me of them doing this beforehand to verify whether or not it's my doing. As most other legit companies will do! 4 times in 2 months this has happened. Naturally I make phone call and usually it's resolved pretty quickly and I can pay bill. But last month this action by them caused me to be late on payment, thus starting the barrage of harassing phone calls and trying to talk to reps that only half ass speak English because the CS center is outside the US and most of them don't know a rats ass from hole in the ground let alone customer service. I will just pay balance off thru the mail and close the account and cut up card. I'm fed up with them. So everyone saying STAY AWAY! Is very good advice and is a very astute and accurate statement.

Sept. 2015 blocked out of my great standing account. Struggled for 2 months to be able to log in to pay on account. Ended up making payments via a 3rd party payer, due to the fact that calling credit company customer nonsupport yielded no help. After finally having the thrill of talking to an English speaking person, it was agreed that I had experienced fraud. At that point I was told there would be an investigation into the case. I paid my account 3rd party down to only a few dollars in the next few months. Supposedly someone had purchased car tires on my account that had triggered the fraud, tires that a UPS store in Loves Park IL. had called me in sept. 2015 for me to pick up. I live in central New York as I have for over 40 yrs., wouldn't order tires for pick up in IL... I had refused the tires as not mine.

Well time went by and no contact from anyone at Credit One bank. Noticed in January of this year 2017 that my credit score took a dive. After looking into the reason why, I realized the charge for the refused tires wasn't adjusted out, worse was that credit one had charged off my account and sent it to collections. I had not as mentioned heard from credit one in over a year thinking they were still investigating fraud. I called and spoke to someone in fraud again, she said that she had no record of me ever calling credit one on fraud and that I had to start over again.

So I sent info via fax as suggested and a few weeks later got a letter in the mail. Craziest letter I had ever received. They had the wrong account number listed on letter, named individuals on letter I had never heard of as on account, has me residing in several states from N.J. to Florida and back to where I have lived for the last 16 yrs. all at the same time. [I have lived my whole life in NY.] Also incorrect phone and e-mails that are/were supposed to be mine, I guess. So, I called again and spoke to someone and was told to send more documents via fax. Did so and heard nothing. Called again and was told that I would be hearing something by the end of the week, nothing... That was mid-February. Now near the end of march 2017 don't know what to do. In short, credit one bank is a disaster with no professional people that know how to satisfy or listen to what had always been an excellent customer. Beware all.

I don't think the credit card itself is bad. It will give you a start on rebuilding your credit, just don't EVER be late (not even ONE day) and don't EVER have a payment return!!!! The problem is that if you ever have a check return, well, twice (full disclosure)... they block your online capability to access your account. So this means that unless you mail a payment in via snail mail, you have to call them or they call you after the due date 500 times a day from every state in the union... I'm exaggerating of course but geez!!! I seriously get 25+ calls a day!!! I would normally just take the call, make the payment and move on with life.

However EVERYONE you talk to at Credit One has that heavy, hard to understand, thick Indian accent and I have to be in a place that 1) I can focus and listen to them, 2) I have at least 10 min to talk because they obviously can't understand me either and 3) They repeat everything and thank me for my business 20 times before they will hang up... The most annoying company I have ever dealt with... They would get their payment much faster if they would just unlock my online access... Just saying... I know it's my fault but could we not punish me for the next 10 years... UGH!!!

Their APR rate is ridiculously high, their customer service representatives are very rude, unprofessional, and dismissive to customers with complaints. They also charge a fee of $9.95 for expedited payments (which is forced) and a ton of hidden fees. It's like you're payment just to own the card. If I could give Credit One Bank a rating other than the options that are given to me it would be a negative 10! HORRIBLE!!!

Please don't waste your hard earned money with this crap. I have had this card for about 6 months now. In the beginning things were perfectly fine. Then I go to check my statement. And not even 24 hrs of me paying the bill. Someone charged my account 55.00. Leaving me with a 3.00 balance. They said they would file a claim but it think she was just blowing smoke. As soon as I can pay it off. I'm burning it... Do not sell your soul. Because they will do so.

First off I would give them 0 stars if I could! I will begin with how disgusted I am with this company. They are the biggest scam I have ever heard of! Unreal, I was robbed of my purse and my whole life was in there in November of 2016 and all my credit cards and information was stolen. I was also hurt during the robbery and have a police report. They sent me out a replacement card very quickly but, my limit was reached so I have not used the card in months prior to the theft. And, I was faithfully making payments before this happened to me. Anyways, I have called explained my issues and have made several payments to them in the meantime.

TODAY they called about 25 times. I answer and explain to them again that if they continue to charge me fees and interest I will NEVER be able to pay them back. In the meantime since November they have SCREWED up taking my payment from my savings account at least 3 times, have not allowed me to make a payment the normal way I was before my life got knocked out of whack and here we are 140$ OVER my credit limit. WHY? What is going on with them? I have explained about 100 times now that I need help with these late fees etc. And, not once have they sent me to a department that can help me! I would love to pay the whole thing off and never use it again but, that is not possible in my current financial situation.

I would like to keep this card in case of emergencies and make the minimum until I can get caught back up. Capital One has been great with helping me and I currently am in good standing with my account with them. This company is supposed to help you rebuild your credit and it's putting me into a worse hole ever! I don't understand why they cannot just simply STOP the fees and remove the ones now from the last 4 months. I might still not be paid off but, I would continue paying them every month if the new card they sent me was usable!

It's insane how they get away with this! I am ready to start talking to attorneys if they don't try to straighten things out for me! If anyone knows of a class action suit against them I would be totally interested in suing at this point. Life situations happen and this place just does not care at all. Capital One at least works with you and can help you if you have an issue in paying. Please stay away from this company if you plan on actually rebuilding your credit!!

I was behind 3 payments and did everything to make up the payment and they actually will not accept my payment! Unbelievable! I also was behind on my Discover card and they were more than happy to work with me. I never in all of my life came across a company that will not accept your money! They are rude, disrespectful, can't hardly understand them! I will never use them again! If I could rate them lower than 1 star I would.

After hearing two months of using their service with Credit One Bank credit card I have now been submitted payments of 8.25 a month that must be paid to have a credit card active. Lady said it was on the sheet that I received when applying for the credit card. Don't know if it was but that's a **. So now they can turn around and take my credit card back for all I care. Paid off balance is zero. Nobody get this card. Extra fees left and right. Try to make you pay to get a raise on your credit line. On my credit lines pretty much a 700. What a joke. Don't do it folks.

This is the worst company ever!!! Not even worthy of 1 star. I only got this card to build my credit back up after my divorce and bankruptcy. I used it and paid it off every few months. I had it paid off, moved, and called to change my address. They didn't change it. They were charging me 6.50 each month and I didn't know it because I never received a statement then out of the blue they call and are very rude demanding their 19.00. I said I didn't know what they were talking about. I hadn't seen anything and my account was paid in full. They were extremely rude and said, "Don't you check your account every month?" I said, "No. It was paid off and I haven't used it!" I paid the 19.00 and they reported me to the Credit Bureau in 2015. I called and asked them to take it off they said no.

I should've closed my account then but I didn't. I called to close my account yesterday and they don't speak clear English. The man argued with me for a long time then he hung up on me. I checked online today and it's still open and charging me a monthly fee. Who do I go to next? I'm worried about my personal information. I think these people are not above board!

Credit One Credit Card Company Profile