Credit One Credit Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received prequalified/preapproved letter for 2500 dollars the first week of December. I looked at reviews online & saw mostly negative but decided to apply anyway. Got approved for $250. I was ok with that, figured I would keep it as a "just in case" card. I was even okay with the $75 fee being taken off immediately. I still had not received my card after New Year's. I called into customer service and told them I'd like to cancel it. They credited me $25 and said that they would resend it to me. They guaranteed it be there by January 10th or 11th. It's January 13th today and it still has not come.

I called and tried to cancel the card but they kept trying to convince me to wait another week. After some strong words they finally agreed to cancel the card but said they could not close my account because I owed $50 of the $75 annual fee. After more strong words and refusing to pay they finally closed my account out at zero. I'm glad I did not proceed with the card and hopefully it's a bullet dodged.

When making phone calls to ask questions for some reason they are always hard to understand. No matter if the person is male or female. When making payments I've notice that the more you owe no matter if you make payments on time the balance doesn't become available. Some months payments are smaller than others. It's tough to see money vanish when establishing credit. Has happened to me a few times and it seems to be getting to me. Am taking action on calling customer service but I can't seem to comprehend them.

I have had this little card for about 6 months and everything was fine. I was set up on automated payments and they were coming out like clockwork until the payment for January 2017 came due. The auto-payment feature on their end didn't do its thing on January 6th. I logged in on January 7th and submitted a payment in the $450 range which left about $25 owed (balance). I received an email on January 8th (today) stating that the payment was late and a $25 fee was assessed. It's a Sunday so I'm sure that I'll have to sit on this until tomorrow and try to get this resolved. I don't need this little card anymore so as soon as I can get all this settled I'm going to close it out (I'm thinking that that will be a battle). If you can do without this card, do without it. In retrospect I believe that some of their business practices are a bit sketchy.

I tried to pay online using my debit card, but they want to charge me an additional $9.95 for the privilege of paying them! **!!! I can register my bank account with them, but then I have to wait for them to make two small deposits and then verify the account. Why can't I just use my debit card like I do with everyone else? When I called customer service, the person barely spoke English and told me the only way I can make the payment without the charge is to mail it in. This sucks. As soon as I get these ** paid off, I am cutting up the card and mailing THAT to them!

This is the worst company. I have a $0.00 balance on the card. Still I had to pay $8.00/month. One time I forgot to pay, they charged a late fee of $25.00. On top of that, they charged an interest of $45.00 for that. For a card of $700.00, paying $80.00 for no reason is the worst part. WILL NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Credit Card?

Lost card. Ordered new one. Paid down old card for refi. Rejected for refi loan because Credit One reported lost card that was closed as still open with maxed out balance. Spent 4 hours on the phone with them. No one spoke very good English. They would not admit to their mistake even though we had Equifax on 3 way call confirming the inaccurate information Credit One reported. Our credit score dropped significantly. No one at Credit One really cared and said they would send a letter out to Equifax in 5-8 days with correct info. Refused to send letter to our lender. Please do not use this card! Could cost you your credit and your home!!!

When making an online monthly payment if you make an "Express Payment" and pay a fee of $9.95 the funds are available the next day. When making a "Standard Payment" funds are available in about 5 business days although the standard payment amount is withdrawn from your checking account immediately. How is this legal? Normal payments (on just about anything) appear or are available the next business day. How do they get away with this???

Credit one bank is the worst!!! You miss a payment by a day and they will call you back to back until you make the payment or answer their call. I missed a payment and decided to answer their call. The Rep told me I would need to make a payment of a certain amount, and then he kept pressuring me to pay off the full balance after I told him I wasn't able to at that moment. And when I was hospitalized, I was behind on my bill a few days... They called my sister back to back. Who does that??? Worst company ever!!! Can't wait to close my card. I don't care if it will affect my score. They're the worst!

Open this account Oct 2015. Had problems from day 1. Problem progressed so bad 3 months later I had to close account and request a final bill. Customer service must be inputting information by hand. Payment made through their "preferred" express method were missing. Unauthorized payments were attempted and when the funds were unavailable my account was deactivated and I was required to jump through hoops to reinstate. The customer service reps have a jr high education at best. I was warned to steer clear of this card but was desperate to improve my credit rating. Mission accomplished but at a cost. Closed account, will never repeat. Beware!!! There are other and better options available.

My credit card information with them was stolen and they have not done anything about it. I reported my credit card info stolen in August 2016 and they asked me about the charges, what I paid for and what was not mine. Then, I was told there was an added authorized user, which they charged me 18.00 or so for, they told me the name of the person and that they also changed my address to somewhere in Florida. I told them I did not know this person and that I live in Indiana.

He then began to "change my address" to the right address and told me they are going to have to investigate this and it would take 30-90 days or something like that and in the meantime he will send me a new card with a new account number to my REAL address. So, after 30 minutes or so on the phone we hang up. After that I cut up the card, logged in online before they closed it on me and checked to see if my address was changed, it was not, so I had to change it myself. Then I waited on my new card.

A month goes by and still no new card, but they sent me a bill. I sent in a check to pay on my charges only because they still had the authorized user charge on there and whatever that guy charged on my account which I called them and informed them I still did not have my new card and those charges were still there. They said they would send my new card and those charges wouldn't be there. A month goes by and still no new card, but I received the statement and the charges were gone. Next month still no card and my bank account was charged by Credit One 999.99 or something like that. My credit limit was only 450.00 so how can I be charged 999.99 so my bank account was empty, but my bank got down to the bottom of it and my funds were returned eventually. Someone inside their bank stole my information and charged my checking account 999.99 to go to Credit One Bank or something like that.

Now, it's December and soon in a day or two it will be January 2017 and I am still without a card, but still receive statements and once I pay off my balance I'm closing this so called account. I only send my payment through money orders now. I was also charged a late fee when I sent my payment off on time and they didn't apply it until after the fact and pretty much slapped me with a late fee that I didn't deserve. I can only imagine what it's going to be like to close this account.

300.00 limit/75.00 Service Fee. 9.95 to make a payment. Logo looks like Capital One. It's made to think this is a American owned bank. If you get anything in the mail. Destroy it. They will destroy you. It's all India. They are govern by different laws. "SCAMMER".

I applied for this card to help with my credit. Before I even used the card, there are charges for over 100.00. I scheduled a payment but you still charged late fee. I was not told about the $80+ fees. I want this card canceled. I have not used it and do not intend to use it. Neither will I pay these ridiculous fees since I haven't used the card. Will also contact Credit Karma. This should not be on their list of ways to improve credit. I will call you to follow up on this.

They billed me before I even received the card, then charged a late fee & stopped me from being able to use the card. I should've read reviews before opening. I will pay this off & close the account. No matter how desperate you are to build credit, this card is not the way.

I had this bank for only 2 months. It was always paid on time, until they tried to charge me not once, not twice, THREE TIMES at once. My bank shut them out and refused to let them in. They then closed my account. Not to mention to pay them, you need to PAY AN ADDITIONAL $10 ON TOP OF WHAT YOU'RE PAYING them because they don't accept direct deposit.

I have to call customer service every time I try to login and I quit the card and cursed them out to stop the card... then had to eat my words and reopen it so I could get access to my account for tax purposes. They would not let me have it any other way. How long and how many complaints have to go through before the Better Business Bureau or anything is done about this. Now I am stuck in a card I don't want and can never get access to unless I call the number on the back of the card. Are they even legit???

You have to pay for everything. They don't clearly list transactions on your card. Cannot actually view statements on website. Interest is added often and is higher than minimum payment. Impossible to clear if you spend on this. They do not work with you to lower cost and I think they are not properly showing documents to add incorrect interest amount and charges. Horrible, wish I could give no stars.

Got my card yesterday. Well it is cut up and in the trash. Credit limit of 300.00 and cash advance of 75.00. Really I have a credit card with 3 times the amount of credit limit and 5 times of a cash advance. Did not activate the card. Got my scissors out and cut it up. Really 300.00 dollars limit. Funny thing it may have been credit limit of 500.00, with their fees on it brings it down to 300.00. I may be crazy yet I am not stupid. Watch I will get a bill for a card that has not been activated. I really wish they would have the nerve to do it. So do not do it. My credit scores are not low. They are setting you up to fail. Not falling for it.

About two years ago I started to really take my credit seriously - I had a 450 score - I know right?! Anyhow - I started by paying off all the items on all 3 of my credit reports. Done. It sucked but I buckled down and did it. Then I got a Bank of America free student checking and savings account and got a 500 secured credit card which 6 months later at tax time I raised to 1000 dollar limit. (There are no interest rates on that card and it builds up your score really fast.) About 6 months later I started receiving card offers from every underbelly of the credit world and their brother's step kids! And I am ashamed to admit that I ignorantly fell for that and ended up with 8 credit cards! At the time before educating myself on this I thought more was better and would boost my score more. Again - I know right?! Despite all that I never to this day have missed one payment and my score is (or was) at 710 - a far cry from 450.

Credit One was the leader of the pack of underbelly credit! I lost my card once and ordered a new one after being with them for almost a year and a half - it never came. I ended up ordering a replacement card over 6 times over 6 months. Still never came. The card was paid off to a zero balance when I called to only reach yet again someone with an accent so thick I could barely understand a word they spoke. I requested the account be closed since they couldn't seem to get it together enough to send a customer with a paid off card a replacement. They closed it at a zero balance then sent me a new card which I received a month after the account was closed. I called again and said my account was closed and they could stop sending me any mail or emails and to take me off their call and mailing list. I still receive calls and mail and e-mails from them - nevertheless I checked my score and I was down 200 points!

Those idiot backwoods people put on my credit report that same card as closed with a maxed out balance! When I called irate to talk to a manager - same story - broken English - no clue what I was talking about. The only thing he kept saying was "sir your account is closed." I kept saying "I know it's closed - I'm the one who closed it you idiot! What I want to know is why is a paid off account showing up on my credit report as a defaulted maxed out account"! He could not give me an answer and requested that I send them a printed out copy of my credit report to a P.O. Box. Like that is going to happen - these idiots could not even get a replacement card to me after 6 months - absolutely not. Now I have to get a lawyer - or possibly join LifeLock in order to get it removed - I have had to go to my bank and print out 2 years of statements highlighting every payment made to them.

They are ruining my credit that I worked so hard to repair and I had to pay a double deposit on my apartment since because of them I didn't have a 620 or above score which I used to have. I am taking the bus to and from work and school because I can't get a car loan - and I was turned down for a new MacBook Pro laptop through Apple for school because you need at least a 600 to get approved. This company has wiped me out and I am now stuck back where I started until this gets resolved - and I still don't know what the effect will be on my credit report after it is off and if it will still be viewed as some negative smudge - we all know how credit is. They say it will be fixed but is it ever really. It is just a mess.

Have one thing go wrong and credit reports and collectors are up your bay within 24 hours - have something go wrong on your end and these companies take 6 months to a year to decide if you're worth their time to resolve something you didn't do. This whole experience has me just wanting to throw my hands up - maxed out my remaining cards and just saying screw it. The whole industry is just so shady and twisted. My advice - just pay cash and don't bother with credit cards - aside from that if you do wish to play that wicked game - DO NOT EVER use Credit One! They are shady - liars - thieves - and they ruin people's lives. I never thought that something like this would play out in my life as it has until it happened - I just can't wait to graduate and move into my profession and never deal with this kind of crap again. I wouldn't even give them 1 star unless I had to! Credit One... go straight to Hell!

I am out of work and 2 days behind on my credit card payment. I received a phone call from Credit One about payment. When I explained my payment would be made on the 1st of the month, the representative asked; "Can you ask a family member or friend to lend you the money to make your payment?" I told this person that his question was highly inappropriate. To which he responded, "But we just want to protect your credit." I told him I was going to go to an attorney and file a harassment lawsuit and ended the call. I still cannot believe it! I am paying this awful card off as soon as possible. I wish I had never gotten this card.

You do not want a Credit One credit card. They will fee you half to death, their customer service is abysmal, the interest rate is too high. During a natural disaster and subsequent lengthy power outage I was unable to make an online payment, every other CC I had gave me a few extra days but not Credit One, they simply wouldn't help at all nor would they allow me to pay over the phone. If you default they immediately sell your account to sleazy law offices for collections. Avoid, there are far, far better CCs to apply for.

This is absolutely the worst company ever. I had so many issues with them and now I recently changed my last name and they want to charge me $25 to send me a new card. This is absolutely ridiculous. I regret so much having this card... If you don't have an account with them DO NOT DO IT!!!

OK - I accidentally applied for this card and as long as I don't use it I may keep it for now for the available credit. My problem is I have had the card now for about 2 weeks and yesterday I received a letter in the mail declining me for the card? What? They send me a card - I activate it - and then 2 weeks later send me a denial letter that makes absolutely no sense. Who the heck is running this show? They say denied due to late payments on my credit reports - I haven't had a late payment in 4 years. I had to do a modification on my mortgage when my husband was out of work and didn't know that every month you pay the new payment ON TIME it gets reported as being late. That's another story though. So seriously who is running this show? My Discover has a $9200.00 limit & Capital One cards for $5000 and another for $4500. So you see I don't need this one with its $500 limit.

I got approved for $400 credit limit and when I received them there was many fees that they don't explain to you before opening. Anyway I decided not to activate the account when the card came in the mail. 2 weeks later I received a bill from them for the $75 annual fee. Keep in mind I never even opened the account because of the fees involved.

So I called them to find out why I was being billed on an account that was never opened and they tried to say you get billed from when they approve you for the card and it clearly states that you can still deny the card as long as you never open the account and the lady was literally yelling at me on the phone as to how they need to make money and that it would be stupid to not charge people these fees. I asked her why she was yelling at me and then she sarcastically changed her tone to sound overly sweet and obnoxious. This company is extremely unprofessional and I just hope they didn't report some bs to the credit bureaus. Bottom line don't use them or trust them!!

Although the recent bill I have received that payment for the account was due on December 16, I am now getting calls that payment is due even payment was sent in November. These morons have no clue WTF they are doing. They called today to demand payment and said I was behind. I informed them I have no money (I don't at this time and no it wasn't due to shopping for Christmas because I haven't); I informed them that payment would be sent on December 22. That wasn't good enough. I became unladylike and informed them again that payment would be sent on December 22 and if they didn't like it, to shove it up their butt. I plan to pay this card off and recommend to anyone to avoid these people. They make the Mafia look bad.

My three month experience with this company has been the worst I have ever had with a credit card company. I only used $300 of credit, and the interest escalated out of control. I have since paid the entire balance, and will never use this card again. They are the absolute worst credit card company. The company needs to be shut-down.

I have several credit cards, but Credit One is the worst!! They charge $75.00 right off which I thought was BS. Then I started getting pre-qualified letters for $1500.00 which was denied every time. Each time it took a hit to my credit report. I finally called and the guy on the phone said that I wasn't credit worthy. So I said, "Stop sending pre-approved letters" and he said, "Get a life" and canceled my card.

I just had a really nightmare with this card, I had some fraudulent charge back in March 2016 in my account I reported and they said it take more than 90 days to investigate. After a million call to follow up now they just told me they don't know and they have to open another investigation. This is the endless story, with the super high interest rate. This are so an scam. Customer services is so rude. Don't make the same mistake I did. Now I end up with more than $500 in debt and fraud charges in my account. This is so time-consuming, is ridiculous. I will report them however!

I made a credit card payment on my new credit card after setting up my mobile app. I was given a confirmation number and took a picture of it. It was rejected after they said it was accepted and now want me to pay a late fee and use their EXPRESS payment option for an extra $10.00!! There is no phone number to call this bogus credit center. Help!! Many complaints on this company.

Wow, I would have to say that they suck. They closed my credit card because my routing number was incorrect (due to the app change). So then they demanded a bank validation letter. When I mail it in, finally after over 2 weeks they still refuse to open it back up. I asked them the reason why and they said my validation letter and my routing and my account numbers do not match. The thing that really pissed me off is that why in the heck are they making me get a validation letter in the first place if they keep telling me my routing number was incorrect and when I give them the correct one they still refuse and tell me the one that I've given them before is different. Smh. Well no ** Sherlock. Of course it would be different if I'm trying to give them the correct number with the validation letter.

So I'm over here thinking to myself, the only way they'll open it back up is if I give them the same incorrect routing number? I would have to say is that these people really need to understand what the heck is going on here. The only reason why I want to keep my account open is that so I could pay off my credit card. How am I suppose to pay off my credit card?? Smh. They seriously need to go down. I'm surprise that they're still running.

I received a email from credit one - had the same logo as capital one - asking if I wanted to apply for a new card. I already have capital one business card so I filled out my social security #, name, addy... have them all the info. I should never of done. A week went by I called capital one asking about my new card and they informed me I didn't apply for a new capital one credit card. "Are you sure you didn't apply for credit one?" I asked if they were affiliated which they are not. So I called Credit One. Was told I would get a $1500 Credit line. I said "I want to cancel this card before you send it out to me." Told them how I made a mistake between credit one & capital one & they told me they already sent the card out. I said "we'll you need to cancel it cuz I don't want it."

I received the card today. I have not activated it and I have good credit so I don't need a card like this, and I've been told I'm being charged $75 dollars plus fees. How is this possible if I never activated the card? I called 4 times prior to receiving the card saying "cancel the card". I guess the mailing address of this company is in Vegas but the company is from the Philippines. I'm very concerned with them having my personal info now and don't want my credit ruined. Be aware of this company.

Credit One Credit Card Company Profile