Find the Best Card

Find the Best Card

Save and Earn Rewards - Compare Cards Side by Side

Learn More

515 PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 8, 2019

Made a payment on app but payment never actualized for some reason, had no way to know since on app followed all instructions. Had sufficient funds, for some reason did not go through, resulted in charges. Was charged interest going back 6 months!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a Limited Edition PS4 (PlayStation Pro 500 Million edition gaming system) from a private seller on Jan 14, 2019 on eBay. This person sent me a tracking number stating that package was en route. This tracking number was for a flat rate envelope weighing 12 oz for an address in my city and NOT my address. On Jan 18th, I went to my post local office in Euless to have them to trace the tracking number and print me a report (Product Tracking & Reporting) so that I can show that I was scammed. I originally submitted the pdf of the document from the post office to PayPal Credit and spoke with a customer service rep adding addition info about the claim and after 45 days they denied my original claim saying that the seller “said the package was delivered”.

I immediately filed an appeal and submitted the same documents again along with my address and Driver’s license and spoke with the disputes department about looking at the claim and again they denied my appeal saying that the seller said it was delivered. I got my second denial from PayPal Credit on March 4, 2019. I called PayPal Customer Service and spoke with PayPal Customer Service agent who got me in contact with manager in in the disputes department and he read the document that I submitted over the phone verifying that the information was not only the wrong address, also that the actual package was a flat rate envelope weighing approximately 12 ounces. I don't know why they continue to side with this guy especially when I gave them verifiable proof from the United States Post Office. I do not want to pay for something I know I did not receive. AVOID THESE GUYS and eBay as well!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Paying off a “closed” PayPal Credit account “on time” with around 60% of every payment going towards interest (If payment is late, the late fee of $37 plus the interest makes my balance HIGHER than before making a payment!!!) and the customer service representative stated “the interest is higher in the earlier payments and decreases when it’s closer to paid off”... So after having over 70% percent of my initial balance paid off, how is it legal to say “60% of each payment going towards interest is the interest charged to early payments”. This account is at 19.99% annual rate. I’ve been making payments for years, having over 60% of ALL my payments going ONLY towards interest (not the account balance) on a CLOSED account is fraud. Very upset... Not giving them a penny more... send my account to collections. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PAYPAL CREDIT.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

*Non-published edit* I used hypothetical balances but I've decided I should use all real legit numbers and info. The marriage started off fantastic. $99 gets you 6 month, no interest financing??? Who does that? On top. No monthly payments required? Say what? Then the honeymoon period was over. And she slowly started to change on me. Now she wants money every month. Became very high maintenance and made me monitor her actions due to poor money management. What a complete bipolar attitude change ìn just a few months

So it was 2018. Now 2019. And creditors Still have no self allocation tools on their sites for customers. A unnecessary hassle in these times. I should have a pay boxes next to every balance. That doesn't exist. So call customer service with no do it yourself. Now I have to talk to people. Expect a small amount of human error when doing so.

My biggest gripe is well, a couple things. 1. No normal plans (i.e. 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 month no interest). 2. Payment Hierarchy. 3. Disallowing customers to allocate their "minimum payments". 4. Dumb allocations. 5. NOT listing the non-promo/standard balance on site. 6. No self allocation tools for each individual balance. 7. Abandoned NO monthly payments option.

I have a couple of their 24 month "Hard" pay plans. Now this is supposed to be equal payments. Problem is their system can't do math. One is 24.95/m the other is 7.55/m. The 1st was a promo for eBay. Spend $600. I literally only had 600 left on my limit of $1,000. I got a tablet (598.80) for my nephew bday 6/2019. Had to find something for $1.20 exactly. Some useless eye pencil. Done. They split them up on the bill. 24.95/m + 0.05/m. I decided to pay the whole $1.20 'cause it was like Arsenio telling his guy to stop shooting that little gun in Harlem Nights. Annoying. My credit line was increased the next month to 2,000. I made another purchase for my niece & nephew of a bunk bed (549.99) + mattress (181.22). The bunk was cancelled because I don't do business where curbside delivery is involved. Paypal allowed me to keep the 24/m promo with the just the mattress??? Also I have five 6 month promotions.

As of Feb '19 I have a tiny non-promotional balance of $34.82. So in the hierarchy the 24 comes first. I got the one for $24.95/m in Oct. 2018 and the $7.55/m Nov. 2018. They add it together to $32.50 a month. Plus the other balances gets me a minimum pay of $59.50. When I make a payment their system won't pay it in the way you'd expect. For instance. 24.95 (stop - 34.55 left), 7.55 (stop - 27 left). Apply rest to non-promo. If none the next promo expiring so as not to charge you interest. You can pay more on your own. Simple right? Nope. What it will do is allocate $30+ to the 24.95/m. Maybe $5 to the 7.55/m. Then spread the 27 around wildly (unless you have less than two months due on a promo). Worst it will tack on some of that $27 to MORE of the 24 month pay. So in 3 months of paying 24.95 my balance should've been 523.95 instead it was 509.85. Mind you I have other promotions set to expire THIS YEAR!

Even when I make separate payments to make it child's play for their machine it STILL messes up. Basically (stealing) misallocating my money in a way that does a disservice. But when you question them about it they'll quote you some line out of their handbook. "It's for your benefit"??? Overpaying on a promo that's not due for 2 YEARS! How does that help me when I have debt due sooner? Effectively if not purposely making it more difficult to pay my debt off. Because those misallocated funds add up. Plus hampering you from spacing out your payments for as long as possible. The claim is it's due to excess. But how is there excess when there are other balances for the $27 to go to? The very reason they claim my minimum payment is the current amount to begin with???

Illogical, Irrational and Incompetent. For this they should feel some ignominy but I was met with condescension by one supervisor. Sort of braggadocio about the whole process. Regular customer service has always been helpful and polite though. I have to say NEVER use their 24 month easy pay. Especially IF you have other promos or plan to down the line. I certainly won't again. There's also an issue with not showing the correct payments left at times. But If they are a line of credit in which you'd use once for something specific and you can go to 2 years without using it again or don't mind overpaying it won't be bad for you. Also I use them for purchasing on unfamiliar sites for the perception of them being secure. So far no problems there.

So in summary. Too many changes for the worst. Poor choice of payment plans. Terrible allocations with no self allocation tools (or even choices for auto-allocation). Another major issue. No option on site to pay with a debit card. Only bank account or mail (???). I just scrubbed years worth of plans for PayPal Credit. Down to 1 purcahse a year (if that) for B.T.S. items. So very disappointing. 'Favorable Regression'. Coining the term for Paypal and others to follow and apply. *Phew* That was a lot. TL;DR? If it looks too good to be true...

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My account was hacked allowing the hacker to also hack my bank account and change all contact information with PayPal. After it was all straightened out and I paid a couple thousand dollars they closed my PayPal Credit account. I of course received no communication from them since the info was all hacked. They will not reinstate the account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Discover doesn't charge late fees. I was 2 days from the due date and assessed $35.00. This Bill Me Later (PayPal) Credit is in violation of charging consumers late fees. There has been tons of lawsuits on this subject. Citibank recently had to refund customers due to excessive late fee charges!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

PayPal Credit advertise that they would cover you up to 6 months interest fee. But as I later found out this will not cover money's sent or money received without an invoice. This was not made clear and you will be charged interest regardless. Also no way to do a credit transfer only bank transfer so it's the worst thing that can happen. Do not fall for the PayPal Credit advertisements, they are not clear on what kind of transactions are covered. Avoid it!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I took advantage of the six months with no interest or interest option. My payment was due on December 13 and I mailed the full payment on November 29th. Because of the Christmas rush PayPal processing was behind and they didn’t process my check until December 20th. On the 16th I was notified that my account was charged the accrued interest. I called their customer service and was told not to worry, that when the payment is processed the postmark would be examined and the interest charge would be reversed. On January 12th I received an email showing that the check was processed but the interest charge was not reversed. I called again and was told they had no idea when my payment was postmarked and would not reverse the charge. I have a perfect payment record with them and an 832 credit score, yet they treated me like dirt and stole a few dollars from me. I will never do business with PayPal again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Synchronicity made PayPal cut me off. I've used PayPal Credit for YEARS. Originally got it when I monetized my worldwide website. I always have paid on time and been in good standing, I rely on the account at the holidays. In August for no reason or explanation my available credit balance went to zero. It took me 2 months to get an answer - the new company Synchronicity was freezing accounts - no reasons no explanations. I'm done with this. What horrible treatment of good paying customers.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

A call to PayPal today to ask why a eBay payment went DIRECTLY into PayPal Credit and not thru the usual channels. OMG! I also ended up (after 2 hours and 9 different "transfers) "speaking" with that same #METOO phony Liberal female who did nothing but "read the rules." Speaking with? No, just LISTEN to her go on and on and on and... Her only job is to talk in circles, constantly repeating Payment Settings, lying about eBay's involvement with PayPal Credit, lying about PayPal's email to me 1 hour before, "You have the wrong settings" and so on. "I told you but you tried to interrupt me, so I'll read the Rules to you again!" Previous to getting stuck with this #METOO female, a MALE manager agreed with me that the eBay transaction had INCORRECTLY ended up in PayPal Credit. "I see your account settings and you are right." Then SHE comes on the phone and basically says I'm stupid and rude.

PayPal is illegally channeling payments into people's Credit accounts instead of the process (settings) set up in their PayPal accounts. This is ILLEGAL If I don't SELECT PayPal Credit they can't LEGALLY ADD to my Credit account! Is PayPal now run by a female? Could be. Steal as much money as she can from customers before they close their account - then REPORT THAT PAYPAL CLOSED THAT ACCOUNT DUE TO POOR PERFORMANCE. The same happens if YOU close YOUR PayPal Credit account! Then spend months trying to get the credit reporting agencies to correct PayPal's false statements! Say anything against that phony female and PayPal will attack you (they're now saying my account has "suspicious activity" and have put "limits" on your account. Really!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I made a purchase using PayPal Credit with 6 months to pay the balance in full. I later made an additional purchase. I made payments that would have covered both the original payments and payments to cover the second purchase. Instead of PayPal crediting both purchases, they credited the second purchase only. After realizing this, one month prior to the first purchase expiring, I contacted PayPal Credit only to be told that the first purchase did not require payments for 6 months so the payments were not applied. Excuse me? If I'm making additional payments, why would none of them be applied to a six month purchase and only applied to the twenty-four month purchase? Sounds stupid right? Anyway, I paid the first purchase in full the next month. What did PayPal Credit do? Apply most of the payment to the first purchase, and applied enough of my payment towards the second payment in order to make sure that I had to pay the accrued interest.

By the way, the automatic payment that was scheduled was canceled by PayPal Credit so that a portion of the payment towards the first payment would apply to the second purchase. Get it... covering their butts! My intention is to pay the balance that I have twenty four months to pay in full off as quickly as I can and then I will NEVER use PayPal Credit again. And as an aside, I contacted the BBB about the situation and PayPal Credit did not respond through the BBB, they sent me a BS letter telling me that they recorded the conversation and the agent did her job well. I also record my phone calls PayPal Credit and she was rude!!! Thanks for nothing!

The moral of this story is DON'T USE PAYPAL CREDIT! It may sound good but they are the worst credit card company. I have other companies that I deal with that have the same type of no interest if paid... and they don't do these types of things. If you feel so compelled to use PayPal Credit buyer beware. DO NOT purchase more than one purchase on PayPal Credit and expect them to credit them as you would like. If you do, good luck. I'm sure you will be just like me... extremely disgusted and thinking that it was not worth the trouble at all.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I've been using PayPal Credit for a few years now and never had a problem. Last month I got an email on October 27th with my statement and immediately made a payment above the amount to avoid accrued interest as I did every month. Little did I know but the 27th was still part of the October billing statement (a fact that isn't specified anywhere) and thus was never applied to my November statement. I then logged into my account to make a payment after getting my next statement and see that I am now past due and was charged a $27 late fee. The customer service representative was fairly rude and matter of fact about this being the case with every credit card. Going to pay off my balance and close this account as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

PayPal cares more about the seller than the purchaser. I opened my account 4 years ago with Bill me later. I have never had problems with items purchased until now. I am now on my second item. Never received. Very small of money but the principle is I am suppose to have buyer's protection no matter what. When I tried to file a buyer's protection claim they left me on hold for 30 minutes then hung up on me. The seller can give any tracking number they want and PayPal stands with them. Even if you file a police report in regards to item never being received.

My amounts are 13.97 and 9.99. I am closing account due to not having a consumer protection. They are falsifying an ad and I will be looking into legal actions in regards to this matter. The account is dangerous to have. It's sad because it help teach me how to shop online instead of in store. I guess I will going back to the American way.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had the lovely opportunity to call PayPal and talk with theirs disputes department today. After an hour of bouncing around from this person to this person. So I spoke with a young women who had only one thing in mind and that was to repeat the rules to her department! She can’t call, message or email my representative to my dispute. Well after getting nowhere with her I asked her for a supervisor to make me understand what she was trying to say. Repeating “The Rules” repeatedly was going nowhere. So I hung up and called back and spoke with a very nice understanding gal who transferred me to some specialist named SHANE. Well I can tell you after speaking with Shane I CLOSED ALL MY ACCOUNTS WITH PAYPAL!!! Who needs them and eBay!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have had a PayPal Credit account for about 3 yrs now, no problems. Recently received PayPal Credit invitations to update my financial info to take advantage of promotional offers. I updated the info and inquired about requesting a credit line increase. I was instructed to make a purchase over the amount of my available balance and it would trigger a review of my financial info and payment history (always paid on time or early and always more than minimum) and would result in either a credit line increase or a decline of the purchase (to then be paid for by another method). This seemed bizarre to me but I was assured it would constitute a soft hit to my credit and was the only way to request a credit line increase.

I made a purchase on eBay, paid thru PayPal Credit and it went over my balance by $77.46. PayPal Credit paid it but after a follow up with them I learn that my credit line increase will be determined on a per item basis and I wouldn't ever actually know ahead of time the amount that would be my new limit. I would discover that when at the time of an eventual purchase I was declined. This is crazy credit. I spoke with (2) PayPal Credit reps and neither rep ever explained this. Turns out it is buried in the terms of service and I had to have a supervisor guide me to it. I will be paying out and closing my account and looking for other options not associated with PayPal Credit.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have had PayPal for quite a while and have never really had an issue with them. However, this new update that went out regarding minimum balances due on all of the bills fails to advise that if you make additional payments on balances that are coming due, they arbitrarily apply the payment toward the interest free balances that have a longer time frame. So, while you think you are paying down balances that are coming due, beware when you get slapped with accrued interest charges on balances that were not paid off that you thought you were paying off because they want to get the balances with the longer no interest balances paid off. This way, they maximize their rate of return on the 2 year interest free balances!!! Very sneaky and underhanded, just thought consumers should know that this is PayPal new strategy. This way you are not blindsided with balances you thought were paid off and interest fees!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I asked for a change in billing date to coincide with other bills as I am gone from home a great deal work. It took PayPal over a month to change it and they charged me yet another late fee. Despite the fact that I am a great, longtime customer with excellent credit, the management said policies trump customers. I am disappointed in their "fake" customer service. I have never experienced this before as most credit companies want great customers. I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I made some purchases on PayPal Credit adding up to a few hundred dollars. And started making my payments as the site requested, and then paid more above the minimum. But the money never reached the cost of the items that I purchased. Every month I got a bill that was higher and higher. As they kept tacking on accrued interest, and a 27.00 monthly fee with no explanation as to what that was for. So I have paid more than double the cost of my items, and the bill is now 276.00 dollars and rising.

Because none of my money was applied towards the actual purchases that I made. Instead they make up excuses for multiple accrued interests that I owe, and tack on that 27.00 fee, to make sure that I can never pay off this bill. AVOID PAYPAL CREDIT at all costs. It is a scam. They will not allow you to pay specifically for the items you purchased, so that you're stuck paying their ridiculously high monthly fees first. And the money will not go towards your purchases. I paid off the 276.00 today in full. And I will guarantee that they try to tack on some other stupid fees to keep the account in the negative. I will never use PayPal Credit again for anything.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Totally understood the terms and conditions, but I figured I'd give it a try. The terms are far too open ended, and I don't think I'll be giving a try on a similar product. Seriously, "PayPal Credit may not be offered as a funding source for every purchase. Some PayPal merchants don't accept PayPal Credit" is fine. But "In addition, please note that even if a merchant offers PayPal Credit as a way to pay, PayPal reserves the right to restrict your ability to use your credit line depending on the circumstances of each purchase" is a joke. It's one thing to have, say, a Care Credit account and KNOW that you're only limited to medical related expenses. It's another thing to not know what in the world you're limited to, it's like why even bother trying to make a purchase? It feels like a waste of time and I'm seriously hoping that PayPal will re-consider their 'case-by-case basis' purchase method with this card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Been hacked! My personal identification information was hacked from PayPal and someone opened a PayPal credit account under my information. Now "they" say I owe $1700. I've submitted a Fraud Claim and within 3 days of them receiving it, they said they couldn't find any fraudulent activity. (BS!) Then the fraud department sent me paperwork to submit - "Affidavit of Fraud". I submitted it and still they say it's mine. Even the representative from the Fraud department I talked to could see that the charges were not mine! The Fraud department from PayPal Credit PROBABLY DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THIS ACCOUNT.

I will not pay this, my lawyer will pursue it, I would like to sue them for allowing someone to use my personal information to obtain a CREDIT account with them AND FOR NOT VERIFYING. I've lost sleep, numerous (weekly) calls from them wanting money, monthly bills showing up with finance charges, submitting credit fraud watches on all my banking accounts, having to write to government agencies, submitting credit watches, etc. I WILL NOT PAY THIS - I DID NOT OPEN THIS ACCOUNT!!! PayPal Credit Fraud department is a farce!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

PayPal recently changed its business practices and their billing has become so confusing, you need a PHD to figure it out. I was misquoted by a rep the amount I needed to pay to avoid interest and then I got my next statement and incurred an interest fee because of their stupidity. I also have subtracted my balance from the promotions and my recent purchases and they simply do not add up to my balance. Every time I get on the phone with one of their reps, they cut me off. They purposely confuse you and I am ready to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I was one of their first customers and not only have they taken away the ability to make in store purchases, they have become crooks, merely because they don't report to credit bureaus. After I pay off my balance, I am ditching them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

PayPal Credit offers promotional purchase options, but does not tell you anywhere on their site how to apply your payments to these purchases to avoid interest. They used to have an FAQ area that mentioned it, but now it's gone, and I had to find a forum discussion about it from 3 years ago - which the answer was you must call or email and specifically request a payment be allocated. You CANNOT do this anywhere on the site, and there is no information about it either.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I recently got a approved an account with PayPal credit. After I got approved I tried using my account. The payment declined so I call PayPal. They claim security blocking my transaction so I had to send 'em some documents such as ID AND BILL OR BANK STATEMENT ETC so I did. The next day I get an email telling me my account reinstated. I could use my account now so once again I goes online to purchase something through PayPal credit. Decline again. Now I’m getting mad. I goes to call PayPal. The same BS with them security blocking again. Now I still have to wait 3 to 5 days before to even run the transaction through PayPal credit. I know one thing. I would never recommend nobody to apply for their credit because it sucks. I wonder if security block me when it’s time to make a payment to their **.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Applied for and was approved for PayPal Credit, thought it would be handy to use on eBay and since they offered 0 interest for any purchase paid off in 6 months, it was a no-brainer. Tried to use it to buy a tonneau cover for my pickup, declined payment. Contacted PayPal, they said it was a security issue, that I had to verify my bank and credit card, WTH. So, I verify all that, try it again, still declined.

Contacted PayPal again, told them I know it's not Synchrony Bank, because I have a large purchase financed through them, so all my info is verified. They say nothing is wrong with my account, but it still doesn't work. Waited 4 days, tried a different item, smaller purchase, and it goes through. Waited another week, tried another small purchase, declined. This company must be run by the mob. Gonna pay off my account and close it before I have some of the issues others have listed on here. The Better Business Bureau should issue a warning about this company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I used PayPal on and off for about a year and had no problem. Recently I sent 1,000.00 to a friend via PayPal. The money never made it. I've been on hold for 2 hr, last time I called they hung up on me.

Original review: July 27, 2018

They have the most confusing system (statements, online tracking system) I have ever seen. It is obviously to confuse the consumer so they can make money off your confusion. I keep a spreadsheet to keep track of every single charge that I make, so I can keep track of exactly what I need to pay off by certain dates. Thank God I do this, because the people who work in the customer service dept make many mistakes. NO logic or comprehension whatsoever. Horrible communication skills. They interrupt, they don't listen. It's maddening!

I made several large payments on my PayPal credit account within a 2 week period. I then called and spoke with Jonathan (who, I found out later, gave me a lot of incorrect information). I asked him to simply reallocate $1200+ of what I had paid ($2815) to a few promotions that were expiring soon. I had already done the math and explained everything. A week later, he completely screwed up everything on my account. It was extremely frustrating.

I called and spoke with Jayden. He offered to have me speak with a supervisor - who continued to interrupt me over and over again. I was livid! It's already a confusing thing to explain, but they to have him interrupt and talk over me was it! I lost it! As I explained to him AGAIN what I wanted. He read back to me THE WRONG thing again! He was about to screw it up even more. I could not believe it. I explained it AGAIN! I THINK he understood and got it right this time... but I won't know until 5 days from now. I use PayPal credit a TON! This has been the most frustrating experience I have ever had with a credit company. Why do they make it so difficult? So they can make money off your confusion. Beware! Keep track of EVERYTHING!

Original review: July 10, 2018

When I first used Paypal Credit about 3-4 years ago, they started off with a fresh advertisement saying "Bill Me Later" at "Free and no hidden fees!" So I applied and then forgot about it and never used it for 3-4 years. Turns out that the first month I opened an account for Paypal Credit I was automatically charged $20 and then kept snowballing from late payment fees to about $178. Like I said, never used the card once for a single purchase, I was so deceived by the "Free and no hidden fees!" advertisement on the Paypal homepage.

Then as usual, the unpaid balance of $178 was sent off to collection agency hurting my credit for a service I never used or benefited for. After 4 years the collection agency was desperate enough for me to make an attempt to pay it off so they were willing to $50 and disregard the rest of the fee. So I did that and now I'm aware to stay FAR AWAY from Paypal Credit. It's not free, it's too good to be true. They will only screw you for the benefit of money. And so as everyone says, Paypal lost a good customer. Been a member since 2011, and now I'm finished with Paypal Credit!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I made a bid in October for an item on eBay, I won the bid but never received the product and never had contact with the seller. It does not show in my eBay account as a completed transaction but yet PayPal is saying that they paid the seller. So I assumed this was a done deal, never got the product, never heard from the seller and it never was a completed transaction on my eBay account. I hardly ever check my personal e-mail but I did the other day and I get an invoice that is overdue from PayPal and now I am over the 180 days to make a dispute. Had I received the item or had any inclination that the payment went through I would have looked for the invoice and paid it, I never not pay my credits/debts.

I have called eBay and PayPal several times and just get bounced around from one person to another and no one seems to be able to help me or willing to help me, eBay says call PayPal and PayPal says call eBay. Not only are they unprofessional but the employees from eBay say PayPal is a mess and PayPal is saying eBay is a mess. I just don't understand how a big company that have been around for several years does not know how to handle this or are willing to help me with it.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I was purchasing an item for $419 on eBay and as I was checking out I saw an offer by PayPal Credit for 0% for 12 months on items over $300 so I took advantage of it. When I got the first statement I saw they were charging me 9.99% so I filed a dispute. After a week or so they came back and said they checked and at that time the promotion was for reduced interest rate of 9.99% and they couldn't change it. I consider myself a pretty reasonable person, and if I made a mistake I would accept it, but I'm pretty darn sure it said 0% for 12 months or I wouldn't have done it. So I don't know if it was some sort of deceptive presentation that made me believe it was 0% with a switch I didn't notice, but either way I expected better from them. My advice is don't use them and if you do, get a screenshot of the offer before accepting it so you have evidence when they screw you. Shame on you PayPal.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have used promotional credit for lot of thing over the years but all of them had an auto payment system. PayPal only allows minimum payment or full payment. This is by design so after 6 months you forget and be charged 20% interest. This is the 3rd time I have missed a promo by 1 day. I'm so done with PayPal credit. I called. They wouldn't give any exception. I get that I should have done better job of keeping track. PayPal lose more customers than keep by one time payout of interest. I will never use this service again. PayPal just lost a good customer.

PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later) Company Information