Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
PayPal Credit
3.57/5

PayPal Credit

formerly Bill Me Later

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

551 PayPal Credit Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

I been a customer with PayPal for several years and always paid my balance on time. I was penalized 2x now for paying my payment early. They actually called this a late fee ($38.00) because the early payment was applied to the previous month so therefore you are late the following month. I'm so feed up with them and of course they are not very helpful when you talk to them. I will pay the balance in full and cancel this account.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Absolutely terrible, I applied for PayPal credit. I received it no issues at all, now I’ve been trying to use it. Everytime I go to use it, it never works. Always says Your application can’t be processed. I call up PayPal Credit they told me to link my Checking account then it should work immediately, I do so. I confirm the account with my checking account. Still can’t use, I then call PayPal again. They tell me it’s too much money to send to a seller they don’t know about. I said "Okay, can I buy it via eBay?" "Yes." I tried again nothing. I tried Buying numerous things just to confirm that it’s not working. Chia seeds, flax seeds, Nike shoes, tires, TPS, still doesn’t work at all.

Now PayPal is telling me don’t use PayPal credit no more. That everytime I use it their security team will flag it, get another credit card. That’s all that was said to me. I’ve had this problem since September 3, 2019. Absolutely terrible, I got credit but neither team can help resolve it, let alone give me a reason why it’s being red flagged. This company is really going down hill with their customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Same issues as the ones depicted below. I never had issues with PayPal credit up until June of this year. Since then, my payments have consistently been rejected. PayPal credit was sending me notices that payments were being returned due to insufficient funds. After multiple conversations with PayPal credit and my bank, it was determined that I obviously had enough money in my account to cover the payments however PayPal credit was not able to process them somehow. I have spent hours upon hours begging these people to take my money. I have never had any issues with PayPal credit up until June of this year where my payments started being rejected. PayPal credit was sending me notices that payments were being returned due to insufficient funds.

After multiple conversations with PayPal credit in my bank, it was determined that I obviously had enough money in my account to cover the payments however PayPal credit was not able to process them somehow. I have spent hours upon hours begging these people to take my money to no avail. Do you not ever use PayPal credit for anything! There really should be a class action lawsuit filed against this fraudulent company for putting its consumers through this unimaginable process.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I've been with Paypal for 7-8 years, never had an issue until this new scam of a company took over. I received a collection call from Paypal today informing me that I was 34 days late on my account. I made a large payment on 8/2/19 and was contacted on 9/8/19. I'm thinking I may be 5 days late, so no big deal. Why would they be contacting me for five days? The collection person informed me that I made the payment BEFORE they generated my August bill, so it didn't post on my account for that month. Ya. WTH.

This new company is a complete joke. Never, ever in my life have I been penalized and reported to the credit bureaus for making a payment early in the month. Needless to say, I threw a complete fit, spoke to a supervisor and had them remove late fees, take me out of collections and reverse negative credit reporting. I am paying this card off asap to avoid any future scams. I'm hoping I do not have to fight this matter any further, because this company is a complete ripoff. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a class action suit one day.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

So apparently PayPal sold and the last company was allocating my payments to promotion purchases instead of none promotional but still not charging me interest. Well now they want me to pay in full or they will start charging interest. Sounds like something illegal here and the consumer is being punished. I was actually told I was paying too much each month. Will never use PayPal credit now ever again and will tell everyone not to as well and why.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I had my credit score hit 2 TIMES for nothing, but a punishment for closing an account with them prior (Bill Me Later) 7-8 YEARS AGO. No resolution could be made, I tried to enter thru another email, hoping I just needed new info, and AGAIN they hit my credit score. I was on hold over an hour, once 2 hours, more than once. No help provided, batted around from department to department. The phone rep was also rude and cut me off while I was speaking, telling me to "let her finish". I wrote them a long letter explaining everything (they even had the nerve to give me a survey which asked question after question, took way too long, and I doubt they even bothered to read).

Not only did these ** creeps disrespect me as a customer, they tried to ruin my cred-worthiness and livelihood. I just had to finance a big move this year, and pay off a major traffic offense. Therefore, I unfortunately have no money to hire a lawyer and sue the life out of them. They prey on customers, knowing they can blatantly get away with it. I also reported them to the BBB, and plan on filing a complaint with the FTC as well. Horrible, and degrading experience no customer should ever go through.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I have had a PayPal credit card for several years with the same linked bank account. One month ago, in July 2019, I signed up for auto draft because I made a 6 month deferred payment in June 2019. They called me in August 2019 telling me I didn't make a payment on my account. I never had issues prior and I was signed up for auto draft. I began speaking to their utterly rude rep on the people phone with zero common sense, who didn't even look on her computer to see I had auto draft. I explained to her I had auto draft and why wasn't it withdrawn from my already linked bank account? She proceeded to tell me it takes 2 months to verify a bank account for auto draft. Mind you I already had my account linked to this credit card for over 5 years.

As I was on the phone with her, I had my account up in front of me. She couldn't even answer questions, because she didn't even have my account in front of her, after I verified information at the beginning of the call. I immediately paid the account, way beyond the minimum payment, while on the phone with her and she didn't even realize. Then I explained to her my payment, on auto draft, should still come out the next month, or September 2019. She told me that can't be done. It's completely laughable! They don't even want their money, when auto draft is in place and the consumer wants the payment withdrawn, but they're there to point out a missed payment when it's their mistake for not auto drafting it the 1st time. And no apology. No common sense, whatsoever!

Seeing these threads, I can see other consumers are disgruntled with PayPal credit. I am writing official complaints to the BBB and Synchrony Bank, along with PayPal corporate. People should collectively complain and file against PayPal credit. I certainly am not using this card anymore, and will cancel it. They certainly don't need any business from consumers.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

They charged my Chase account to where I have 400$ In overdraft. Called numerous times, service people have no knowledge, bad accent. And when I asked for a manager he more or less said it he couldn't help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Recently I made an online purchase from Home Depot & specified deferred payment (Bill me Later, PayPal Credit) as the method of payment. I received both a confirmation from Home Depot & PayPal, which authorized payment. Two days later I found that the amount of the purchase had been taken out of my Checking Account! NO NOTIFICATION AT ALL! I immediately called PayPal who told me to call Home Depot. No problems on their end, no blocks, no problems. Upon further checking, I found that the same occurrence had happened in July with a purchase from The Home Depot.

I have talked to 4 supervisors & countless agents at PP. I spent 42 minutes on hold & was then disconnected -- twice! Amazing how the story changed from agent to agent as to the cause. Four hours later they are blaming my bank, although the transaction list shows PayPal making the withdrawals. Synchrony recently took over the accounts. Up until July, I had no problem. I also had a credit card listed on the account to use as backup -- but they went straight for my bank account -- twice! ASAP I will be paying off and closing my PayPal account & as many Synchrony backed credit cards as possible, although they seem to be building a monopoly in the credit market. BEWARE!!! These people are scalpers.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have been making automatic monthly payments on my PayPal Credit balance for the last few years. Suddenly I am receiving notifications from PayPal Credit and Synchrony Bank telling me that I am delinquent because they attempted to make my auto payment and or unable to collect the funds due to insufficient funds in my bank account, or a problem with the bank account. They couldn't tell me exactly what the problem was. I checked with my bank and nothing about the bank account has changed from all of the months that my payment has gone through, and at no time have I had insufficient funds in my account to cover it was draw by PayPal credit / Synchrony Bank.

Furthermore my bank shows no such attempt by the above named entity. There is no record of PayPal credit / Synchrony Bank having attempted to withdraw money from my account, but now are sending me regular delinquency notices and charging me interest and penalties. I called PayPal credit when I first learned of this problem and made a payment using my debit card, which they accepted and now say that that didn't go through either. Obviously there's some kind of scam going on here in order to inflate interest charges and late penalties. Customer service folks barely speak English, just continually repeat the same rhetoric over and over without any attempt to try and resolve the issue. I will be closing my accounts and they can send whatever they want to send to the credit bureaus. I will fight this, and get legal representation if necessary.

PayPal Credit Company Information

PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)
www.billmelater.com