2. Finance

formerly Bill Me Later

PayPal Credit
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

PayPal Credit Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2020

Merchant only shipped item late after canceling and notified Pay Pal. Pay pal bills my account immediately after order is placed, without shipping verification. My other credit cards hold in pending till item is shipped.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Do not use PayPal Credit. I used them a long time ago to make eBay purchases and had no problem with them. Recently I decided to use them again for some ebay purchases and everything went as planned until it was time to make a payment. You have to link a bank to make a payment, did that twice. 1st time everything went through fine but on their part something did not take. Second time same thing I still get "link bank". I have tried to call and make a payment and all I get is an automated voice telling me how much I owe and when the next payment is due (at this time my account is past due because I cant make a payment) but does not give you an option to make a payment in the automated menu.

I have credit with Synchrony at other stores. I notice that when I log into paypal it says "paypal synchrony". I assumed that they were connected but when I log into MySynchrony I do not see paypal listed on my account. I get at least 20+ automated phone calls a day including Sundays and holidays telling me to make a payment but do not allow any way to make that payment. Now my credit is going to tank. When I finally get a chance to pay the bill off I will never use them again.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I paid my account off and they won’t credit my account for 14 days. I was told this was because it was a large amount. I told them to cancel my account and they refused. Or has nothing to do with PayPal, it’s Synchrony bank. I.e. care credit who does the same thing.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Their site is very difficult to get a refund or dispute. You click contact and you go in circles trying to get to dispute. They do not verify if business is real or fraud. I purchased from a site Addictee and they’re frauds from China. They continue to allow these thieves to operate and make it difficult for you to contact them. Use your own credit card company like Visa Or Master Card and stay away from Pay Pal.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I wish I never accept the PayPal Credit offer when it was offered to me. Now, I am better off worse than when I took that offer. They granted me £2500 credit limit, I wasn't using the money to buy much online, so I decided to settle other Bills with about £800. Knowing that I still have lots of money in the account. After a year, I was still having £1500 unused money. Then I got message informing me that, PayPal has review your account and decided to reduce your credit limit to £1000.

I have tried calling them, no one is answering the phone. I am so angry as this has affected my credit score point very badly, has lost lots of point. I was paying off the money I used very very well, so there was no reason for them to do this to me. Their action has damaged me, I can't wait to complete that money and close that useless, worthless and damaging account. None of the credit account I have has ever done this, either they increase my credit limit or leave that amount. PayPal company, you have destroyed me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)?

Original review: May 1, 2020

On April 9, 2020 I ordered several products from a company called idealwiki. As of May 1, 2020 I still have not received my products. I've repeatedly reached out to PayPal because I received a email that said that my products were delivered BUT! They were not. I did not receive them. Can someone please help? The same thing happened in 2019 when I was in a Rehabilitation facility. I ordered products and never received what I ordered.

Original review: May 1, 2020

If you make your payment close to the due date they delay posting it then charge you a late fee, watch them, they use every trick to screw you. Make sure you make payments early so they can't use their tricks. You would be better off finding a honest credit co.

Original review: April 29, 2020

PayPal decreased my credit limit, thus adversely affecting my credit score. They took my credentials and ran them as if I had applied for new credit and decreased my balance on Information not reflecting my PayPal account!!! All during a PANDEMIC @!!

Original review: April 26, 2020

After 3 years of me being a fantastic customer to both PayPal and PayPal credit. I was sent an email wiping out 2 thirds of my credit limit literally overnight- to virtually nothing(after my balance)- despite me always paying the same day I was asked. Despite always paying more than was asked. Never a penalisation charge, or close to it. Never a discrepancy on my part. Never a foot wrong in anyway. I was always mindful to keep under a 25 per cent utilisation rate with them for 3 years as this can have an impact on your credit score.

They told me about it the same day they did it, by email. No notice, or anything in order to do anything about it. Thereby immediately taking my utilization rate from 24 per cent to 80- per cent and thereby affecting my credit rating. I urge anyone NOT to go near paypal credit, or take an account out with them. They have no loyalty to their customers. Company's with no loyalty just do not deserve decent customers. Plain and Simple.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This has been happening continuously since Synchrony took over PayPal credit accounts. I pay my whole balance off monthly via balance in PayPal account. Same as walking into a branch with cash. Now even when month after month of paying in full, this month using the same payment method, they only opened up $1400 of my paid in full credit line of $3520.

Today, 5 days after they removed full $3520 balance to pay off the balance as I always do, they randomly just decided to hold onto my money and not allowed me to access the full credit line. They stated that in the agreement it says they can hold the available amount for 25 days. I paid a contract lawyer to look into this. Nowhere does it say they can hold available credit available when the account is paid in full, unless the balance included interest etc.

I START EACH BILLING CYCLE WITH A ZERO BALANCE. SO MY account does not fall into that category. I am now exploring a Class Action suit for their undisclosed banking practices. They use your money for 25 days as a float and don't give you access it because (me times 10's oh thousand of customer) are all experiencing these same illegal practices.

I encourage EVERYONE who has written a negative review to follow through with your protections offered by your state and the Federal government. File complaints with the Attorney General Office, State and Federal. File a complaint with Federal and State Banking and Insurance departments. File a complaint with senior departs out there to protect against these predatory banking practices.

I have read many of the reviews. YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT FURTHER THAN A CONSUMER REPORT REVIEW. UNLESS YOU FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT THE STATE AND Federal departments out there to protect it's citizens can't be implemented to there fullest. Every State has a .gov website. Since we are now stuck home, use this time to do something constructive and benefit from this shutdown of the country. The appropriate department in each level of government, is required to respond and investigate.

THIS NEEDS TO BE A FULL ON ASSAULT USING THE SOURCES WE HAVE AS PROTECTION AS United States citizens. At the very least practices like this during the pandemic are frowned upon and every available rule, orders, mandates law or presidential orders will be used to prosecute and keep us safe. PAYPAL CREDIT has never offered their customers any relief options, that I could find. I don't believe in frivolous lawsuits. I do believe in KEEPING AMERICAN CITIZENS SAFE FROM CREDIT PREDATORY BANKING PRACTICES, like the ones being implemented since Synchrony has bought out PayPal's thick portfolio of debt. DON'T JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

PayPal Credit Company Information

PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)
    www.billmelater.com