Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
PayPal Credit
3.72/5

PayPal Credit

formerly Bill Me Later

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

525 PayPal Credit Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

I've had a PayPal account for over a decade with the same bank. PayPal has let me down big time in the past, refusing to process payments I sent businesses because they, PayPal, felt the payments were fraudulent. Even after contacting PayPal by phone to resolve the issues, they never were resolved and I had to find other ways to make my payments.

But recently I found limitations on my account--essentially a freeze on all account activity until I provided records (KYC/AML) to PayPal's satisfaction. I'm sick of my private data being stored on company after company's server just waiting for a hacker or someone else to steal the data. Then it's the consumer who has to deal with the fall out (identity theft...). I spoke with a PP customer service agent today and asked for a guarantee my private data would never be accessed inappropriately. She couldn't guarantee this but still demanded I submit to their intrusive, draconian verification system, spouting laws all the while--as if those laws protected consumers from hackers and other data breach events.

I tried to close my PP account but PayPal refuses to close the account AND refuses to return my money in my account to me--even to the same bank I've used for the past decade with Paypal. This is exactly why so many people are abandoning traditional banks and choosing to invest in technology that allows us to be our own banks. These increasingly intrusive laws turn private, free citizens back into subjects of the state. And these companies, like PayPal, use these new laws as excuses to keep your money "legally" if you don't want to give them even more private information and put yourself at increased risk. Reprehensible.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Do not use this service. They lie about everything then they call you 20 times a day (even on weekends). I had to block their number due to the excessive calls from them. I still have them on call logs and plan to sue due to harassment.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2019

So a few months back, PayPal changed banks. They did away with the no payments for 6 months which was annoying but their decision. I liked using the no interest for 6 months so it wasn't a big deal. I always pay my purchases off before the 6 months. However, in the last 60 days, I have had issue after issue. If you make a payment on a no interest plan BEFORE 30 days that it comes due, they don't credit it to the one that expires the soonest. If you want it credited that way, you have to call them, wait on hold for forever, and have them do it. Ok. Lesson learned. So I started scheduling an additional lump sum payment in addition to my auto pay.

Well, somehow (which btw no one from PayPal can tell me how) my auto pay that was set up for more than 12 months suddenly stopped. No notice. I found it while reconciling my bank statement that they never took the payment. They did agree to refund the late fees, which was nice, but again...annoying. So I set up the auto payment again, for the minimum monthly due and I schedule a lump sum for two lines I have coming due that month so that between the two, it was more than enough to cover the full amount that was about to expire.

I logged on again today to check that it was allocated correctly, and found that they took the lump sum, then canceled my auto pay for the month saying that there was $0.00 due so my payment actually ended up being short, now causing me to pay the accrued interest. There was no indication in any of the emails that this would happen. It's not on the statement. It's not in their help center. It's nowhere that this is a documented process. The minimum payment due when the statement closes is what should be the amount due and the amount taken if they allow you to make additional payments. This is insane. I hope this gets fixed or I will be taking my business elsewhere and looking for an attorney.

Original review: April 27, 2019

How about a class action lawsuit? I'm sure you've ripped off many others as you have me! Made a purchase using PayPal, my preferred payment method on PayPal is PayPal Credit. So why is it that PayPal took it from my checking account? If PayPal can't honor their agreement with the customer, they shouldn't be offered as a payment option. Sounds shady and illegal to me. Let's see if a judge agrees!?

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been a member in good standing of PayPal since 2015. I do not have any chargebacks nor any complaints. Out of the blue on April 18th 2019 PayPal decided to put a permanent limitation on my account. Essentially freezing all my funds and not allowing me to use their service anymore. What I would like to know is what do they think I did? I reviewed their “Acceptable Use Policy” and can find nowhere that I have violated it. They are holding over $**** of my funds that I am not able to access for six months. I need this money so that I can continue running my business. I do not think it is fair to banned me from PayPal especially when I have not committed any crimes.

I contacted PayPal and told them I would like to start an appeal. All they did was send me back another form letter saying that I violated their acceptable use policy but did not indicate what specifically I violated. There have been many, many other people that have been terminated under false pretenses all over the world. This is a common complaint about PayPal. What I’m looking for is:

1) For all of my funds, to be immediately sent to my bank account.
2) To reinstate me into PayPal as a member in good standing.

3) Explain to me what specifically they are saying I did wrong and apologize.

Again I have no complaints against me, no chargebacks and I’ve had zero issues with PayPal from the beginning. I am a small business owner and it is unconscionable that PayPal without warning, decides to hold my business and my money hostage. PayPal has not explained what is going on despite many attempts to contact someone over there. I warn anyone against putting their money or doing any business with PayPal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)?

Original review: April 17, 2019

Two days ago, after seeing on a PayPal screen that they did no-fee transfers to relatives, I attempted to reimburse $$ my son had fronted for airfare. The process went poorly, confusingly, and it seemed to "stick" in the middle. I decided it was a "no-go". However the next day my son was able to claim the transfer, but contrary to PayPal's promise, he was charged an unreasonable $55 fee.

When I called to complain, the rep told me that I had made an erroneous choice on a screen I saw. EXCEPT I WASN'T SHOWN THAT SCREEN THAT DAY, AND I WILL SWEAR IT ON THE STRENGTH OF 50+ YEARS IN PRESBYTERIAN MINISTRY. The rep was unmoved, but did give me the address of the corporate office. I have closed my account, will write my complaint to corporate -- including a copy to the Maryland state AG -- and am happy to denigrate PayPal here. Their complaint process is insulting. "The customer is always wrong." I'm tempted to pray for PayPal's bankruptcy and legal prosecution.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Over the years I’ve made several purchases on eBay and used PayPal as the processor, as required. There have been several instances in which I have received refunds from sellers and PayPal keeps the money. I have to call them to get the money credited back to my account. Highly unethical company. I hate doing business with them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I closed my PayPal account and at the time I didn't owe them money and now they are claiming that I owe them money. First it was $29 last month. And now they increased it to $79 for the minimum payment and are also saying that I owe them $844 to avoid deferred and standard interest on my CLOSED account. They can send it to collection since I can't pay them since my account is closed. Hopefully they are not going to be harassing me anymore since I blocked them.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have had a PayPal account for 15 years. I purchased a computer 6 years ago through Bill Me Later and had a good experience. I somehow bought $27.00 worth of crackers through PayPal Credit (that what I was told). Didn't notice because I didn't buy anything for a few months until I logged in to make a payment on a purchase and found out that there was an outstanding balance. I called PayPal and explained that I didn't think I'd bought $27 through credit but wanted to pay it off. I explained that I hadn't purchased through the credit tab and if I did it was by accident. She agreed and waived the fees and said I wouldn't be affected.

Now I'm trying to buy another computer and my PayPal credit account was closed because I was 90 days late. I explained what happened and then I got the "Circle Your Wagons" I can't do anything circle. I have bought 10s of thousands of dollars of tires, carpet and appliances through Synchrony Bank and because of this screw-up that was suppose to be taken care of they won't let me buy my computer through PayPal's Credit Dept. PayPal NOW SUCKS!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I wouldn't wish PayPal Credit interest charges on my worst enemy. I had to cash out my life savings to pay these con artists off. I will NEVER be in debt again. Stick to using your bank. Otherwise this PayPal Credit will ruin your life literally.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Made a payment on app but payment never actualized for some reason, had no way to know since on app followed all instructions. Had sufficient funds, for some reason did not go through, resulted in charges. Was charged interest going back 6 months!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a Limited Edition PS4 (PlayStation Pro 500 Million edition gaming system) from a private seller on Jan 14, 2019 on eBay. This person sent me a tracking number stating that package was en route. This tracking number was for a flat rate envelope weighing 12 oz for an address in my city and NOT my address. On Jan 18th, I went to my post local office in Euless to have them to trace the tracking number and print me a report (Product Tracking & Reporting) so that I can show that I was scammed. I originally submitted the pdf of the document from the post office to PayPal Credit and spoke with a customer service rep adding addition info about the claim and after 45 days they denied my original claim saying that the seller “said the package was delivered”.

I immediately filed an appeal and submitted the same documents again along with my address and Driver’s license and spoke with the disputes department about looking at the claim and again they denied my appeal saying that the seller said it was delivered. I got my second denial from PayPal Credit on March 4, 2019. I called PayPal Customer Service and spoke with PayPal Customer Service agent who got me in contact with manager in in the disputes department and he read the document that I submitted over the phone verifying that the information was not only the wrong address, also that the actual package was a flat rate envelope weighing approximately 12 ounces. I don't know why they continue to side with this guy especially when I gave them verifiable proof from the United States Post Office. I do not want to pay for something I know I did not receive. AVOID THESE GUYS and eBay as well!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Paying off a “closed” PayPal Credit account “on time” with around 60% of every payment going towards interest (If payment is late, the late fee of $37 plus the interest makes my balance HIGHER than before making a payment!!!) and the customer service representative stated “the interest is higher in the earlier payments and decreases when it’s closer to paid off”... So after having over 70% percent of my initial balance paid off, how is it legal to say “60% of each payment going towards interest is the interest charged to early payments”. This account is at 19.99% annual rate. I’ve been making payments for years, having over 60% of ALL my payments going ONLY towards interest (not the account balance) on a CLOSED account is fraud. Very upset... Not giving them a penny more... send my account to collections. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PAYPAL CREDIT.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

*Non-published edit* I used hypothetical balances but I've decided I should use all real legit numbers and info. The marriage started off fantastic. $99 gets you 6 month, no interest financing??? Who does that? On top. No monthly payments required? Say what? Then the honeymoon period was over. And she slowly started to change on me. Now she wants money every month. Became very high maintenance and made me monitor her actions due to poor money management. What a complete bipolar attitude change ìn just a few months

So it was 2018. Now 2019. And creditors Still have no self allocation tools on their sites for customers. A unnecessary hassle in these times. I should have a pay boxes next to every balance. That doesn't exist. So call customer service with no do it yourself. Now I have to talk to people. Expect a small amount of human error when doing so.

My biggest gripe is well, a couple things. 1. No normal plans (i.e. 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 month no interest). 2. Payment Hierarchy. 3. Disallowing customers to allocate their "minimum payments". 4. Dumb allocations. 5. NOT listing the non-promo/standard balance on site. 6. No self allocation tools for each individual balance. 7. Abandoned NO monthly payments option.

I have a couple of their 24 month "Hard" pay plans. Now this is supposed to be equal payments. Problem is their system can't do math. One is 24.95/m the other is 7.55/m. The 1st was a promo for eBay. Spend $600. I literally only had 600 left on my limit of $1,000. I got a tablet (598.80) for my nephew bday 6/2019. Had to find something for $1.20 exactly. Some useless eye pencil. Done. They split them up on the bill. 24.95/m + 0.05/m. I decided to pay the whole $1.20 'cause it was like Arsenio telling his guy to stop shooting that little gun in Harlem Nights. Annoying. My credit line was increased the next month to 2,000. I made another purchase for my niece & nephew of a bunk bed (549.99) + mattress (181.22). The bunk was cancelled because I don't do business where curbside delivery is involved. Paypal allowed me to keep the 24/m promo with the just the mattress??? Also I have five 6 month promotions.

As of Feb '19 I have a tiny non-promotional balance of $34.82. So in the hierarchy the 24 comes first. I got the one for $24.95/m in Oct. 2018 and the $7.55/m Nov. 2018. They add it together to $32.50 a month. Plus the other balances gets me a minimum pay of $59.50. When I make a payment their system won't pay it in the way you'd expect. For instance. 24.95 (stop - 34.55 left), 7.55 (stop - 27 left). Apply rest to non-promo. If none the next promo expiring so as not to charge you interest. You can pay more on your own. Simple right? Nope. What it will do is allocate $30+ to the 24.95/m. Maybe $5 to the 7.55/m. Then spread the 27 around wildly (unless you have less than two months due on a promo). Worst it will tack on some of that $27 to MORE of the 24 month pay. So in 3 months of paying 24.95 my balance should've been 523.95 instead it was 509.85. Mind you I have other promotions set to expire THIS YEAR!

Even when I make separate payments to make it child's play for their machine it STILL messes up. Basically (stealing) misallocating my money in a way that does a disservice. But when you question them about it they'll quote you some line out of their handbook. "It's for your benefit"??? Overpaying on a promo that's not due for 2 YEARS! How does that help me when I have debt due sooner? Effectively if not purposely making it more difficult to pay my debt off. Because those misallocated funds add up. Plus hampering you from spacing out your payments for as long as possible. The claim is it's due to excess. But how is there excess when there are other balances for the $27 to go to? The very reason they claim my minimum payment is the current amount to begin with???

Illogical, Irrational and Incompetent. For this they should feel some ignominy but I was met with condescension by one supervisor. Sort of braggadocio about the whole process. Regular customer service has always been helpful and polite though. I have to say NEVER use their 24 month easy pay. Especially IF you have other promos or plan to down the line. I certainly won't again. There's also an issue with not showing the correct payments left at times. But If they are a line of credit in which you'd use once for something specific and you can go to 2 years without using it again or don't mind overpaying it won't be bad for you. Also I use them for purchasing on unfamiliar sites for the perception of them being secure. So far no problems there.

So in summary. Too many changes for the worst. Poor choice of payment plans. Terrible allocations with no self allocation tools (or even choices for auto-allocation). Another major issue. No option on site to pay with a debit card. Only bank account or mail (???). I just scrubbed years worth of plans for PayPal Credit. Down to 1 purcahse a year (if that) for B.T.S. items. So very disappointing. 'Favorable Regression'. Coining the term for Paypal and others to follow and apply. *Phew* That was a lot. TL;DR? If it looks too good to be true...

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My account was hacked allowing the hacker to also hack my bank account and change all contact information with PayPal. After it was all straightened out and I paid a couple thousand dollars they closed my PayPal Credit account. I of course received no communication from them since the info was all hacked. They will not reinstate the account.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Discover doesn't charge late fees. I was 2 days from the due date and assessed $35.00. This Bill Me Later (PayPal) Credit is in violation of charging consumers late fees. There has been tons of lawsuits on this subject. Citibank recently had to refund customers due to excessive late fee charges!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

PayPal Credit advertise that they would cover you up to 6 months interest fee. But as I later found out this will not cover money's sent or money received without an invoice. This was not made clear and you will be charged interest regardless. Also no way to do a credit transfer only bank transfer so it's the worst thing that can happen. Do not fall for the PayPal Credit advertisements, they are not clear on what kind of transactions are covered. Avoid it!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I took advantage of the six months with no interest or interest option. My payment was due on December 13 and I mailed the full payment on November 29th. Because of the Christmas rush PayPal processing was behind and they didn’t process my check until December 20th. On the 16th I was notified that my account was charged the accrued interest. I called their customer service and was told not to worry, that when the payment is processed the postmark would be examined and the interest charge would be reversed. On January 12th I received an email showing that the check was processed but the interest charge was not reversed. I called again and was told they had no idea when my payment was postmarked and would not reverse the charge. I have a perfect payment record with them and an 832 credit score, yet they treated me like dirt and stole a few dollars from me. I will never do business with PayPal again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Synchronicity made PayPal cut me off. I've used PayPal Credit for YEARS. Originally got it when I monetized my worldwide website. I always have paid on time and been in good standing, I rely on the account at the holidays. In August for no reason or explanation my available credit balance went to zero. It took me 2 months to get an answer - the new company Synchronicity was freezing accounts - no reasons no explanations. I'm done with this. What horrible treatment of good paying customers.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

A call to PayPal today to ask why a eBay payment went DIRECTLY into PayPal Credit and not thru the usual channels. OMG! I also ended up (after 2 hours and 9 different "transfers) "speaking" with that same #METOO phony Liberal female who did nothing but "read the rules." Speaking with? No, just LISTEN to her go on and on and on and... Her only job is to talk in circles, constantly repeating Payment Settings, lying about eBay's involvement with PayPal Credit, lying about PayPal's email to me 1 hour before, "You have the wrong settings" and so on. "I told you but you tried to interrupt me, so I'll read the Rules to you again!" Previous to getting stuck with this #METOO female, a MALE manager agreed with me that the eBay transaction had INCORRECTLY ended up in PayPal Credit. "I see your account settings and you are right." Then SHE comes on the phone and basically says I'm stupid and rude.

PayPal is illegally channeling payments into people's Credit accounts instead of the process (settings) set up in their PayPal accounts. This is ILLEGAL If I don't SELECT PayPal Credit they can't LEGALLY ADD to my Credit account! Is PayPal now run by a female? Could be. Steal as much money as she can from customers before they close their account - then REPORT THAT PAYPAL CLOSED THAT ACCOUNT DUE TO POOR PERFORMANCE. The same happens if YOU close YOUR PayPal Credit account! Then spend months trying to get the credit reporting agencies to correct PayPal's false statements! Say anything against that phony female and PayPal will attack you (they're now saying my account has "suspicious activity" and have put "limits" on your account. Really!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I made a purchase using PayPal Credit with 6 months to pay the balance in full. I later made an additional purchase. I made payments that would have covered both the original payments and payments to cover the second purchase. Instead of PayPal crediting both purchases, they credited the second purchase only. After realizing this, one month prior to the first purchase expiring, I contacted PayPal Credit only to be told that the first purchase did not require payments for 6 months so the payments were not applied. Excuse me? If I'm making additional payments, why would none of them be applied to a six month purchase and only applied to the twenty-four month purchase? Sounds stupid right? Anyway, I paid the first purchase in full the next month. What did PayPal Credit do? Apply most of the payment to the first purchase, and applied enough of my payment towards the second payment in order to make sure that I had to pay the accrued interest.

By the way, the automatic payment that was scheduled was canceled by PayPal Credit so that a portion of the payment towards the first payment would apply to the second purchase. Get it... covering their butts! My intention is to pay the balance that I have twenty four months to pay in full off as quickly as I can and then I will NEVER use PayPal Credit again. And as an aside, I contacted the BBB about the situation and PayPal Credit did not respond through the BBB, they sent me a BS letter telling me that they recorded the conversation and the agent did her job well. I also record my phone calls PayPal Credit and she was rude!!! Thanks for nothing!

The moral of this story is DON'T USE PAYPAL CREDIT! It may sound good but they are the worst credit card company. I have other companies that I deal with that have the same type of no interest if paid... and they don't do these types of things. If you feel so compelled to use PayPal Credit buyer beware. DO NOT purchase more than one purchase on PayPal Credit and expect them to credit them as you would like. If you do, good luck. I'm sure you will be just like me... extremely disgusted and thinking that it was not worth the trouble at all.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I've been using PayPal Credit for a few years now and never had a problem. Last month I got an email on October 27th with my statement and immediately made a payment above the amount to avoid accrued interest as I did every month. Little did I know but the 27th was still part of the October billing statement (a fact that isn't specified anywhere) and thus was never applied to my November statement. I then logged into my account to make a payment after getting my next statement and see that I am now past due and was charged a $27 late fee. The customer service representative was fairly rude and matter of fact about this being the case with every credit card. Going to pay off my balance and close this account as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

PayPal cares more about the seller than the purchaser. I opened my account 4 years ago with Bill me later. I have never had problems with items purchased until now. I am now on my second item. Never received. Very small of money but the principle is I am suppose to have buyer's protection no matter what. When I tried to file a buyer's protection claim they left me on hold for 30 minutes then hung up on me. The seller can give any tracking number they want and PayPal stands with them. Even if you file a police report in regards to item never being received.

My amounts are 13.97 and 9.99. I am closing account due to not having a consumer protection. They are falsifying an ad and I will be looking into legal actions in regards to this matter. The account is dangerous to have. It's sad because it help teach me how to shop online instead of in store. I guess I will going back to the American way.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had the lovely opportunity to call PayPal and talk with theirs disputes department today. After an hour of bouncing around from this person to this person. So I spoke with a young women who had only one thing in mind and that was to repeat the rules to her department! She can’t call, message or email my representative to my dispute. Well after getting nowhere with her I asked her for a supervisor to make me understand what she was trying to say. Repeating “The Rules” repeatedly was going nowhere. So I hung up and called back and spoke with a very nice understanding gal who transferred me to some specialist named SHANE. Well I can tell you after speaking with Shane I CLOSED ALL MY ACCOUNTS WITH PAYPAL!!! Who needs them and eBay!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have had a PayPal Credit account for about 3 yrs now, no problems. Recently received PayPal Credit invitations to update my financial info to take advantage of promotional offers. I updated the info and inquired about requesting a credit line increase. I was instructed to make a purchase over the amount of my available balance and it would trigger a review of my financial info and payment history (always paid on time or early and always more than minimum) and would result in either a credit line increase or a decline of the purchase (to then be paid for by another method). This seemed bizarre to me but I was assured it would constitute a soft hit to my credit and was the only way to request a credit line increase.

I made a purchase on eBay, paid thru PayPal Credit and it went over my balance by $77.46. PayPal Credit paid it but after a follow up with them I learn that my credit line increase will be determined on a per item basis and I wouldn't ever actually know ahead of time the amount that would be my new limit. I would discover that when at the time of an eventual purchase I was declined. This is crazy credit. I spoke with (2) PayPal Credit reps and neither rep ever explained this. Turns out it is buried in the terms of service and I had to have a supervisor guide me to it. I will be paying out and closing my account and looking for other options not associated with PayPal Credit.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have had PayPal for quite a while and have never really had an issue with them. However, this new update that went out regarding minimum balances due on all of the bills fails to advise that if you make additional payments on balances that are coming due, they arbitrarily apply the payment toward the interest free balances that have a longer time frame. So, while you think you are paying down balances that are coming due, beware when you get slapped with accrued interest charges on balances that were not paid off that you thought you were paying off because they want to get the balances with the longer no interest balances paid off. This way, they maximize their rate of return on the 2 year interest free balances!!! Very sneaky and underhanded, just thought consumers should know that this is PayPal new strategy. This way you are not blindsided with balances you thought were paid off and interest fees!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I asked for a change in billing date to coincide with other bills as I am gone from home a great deal work. It took PayPal over a month to change it and they charged me yet another late fee. Despite the fact that I am a great, longtime customer with excellent credit, the management said policies trump customers. I am disappointed in their "fake" customer service. I have never experienced this before as most credit companies want great customers. I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I made some purchases on PayPal Credit adding up to a few hundred dollars. And started making my payments as the site requested, and then paid more above the minimum. But the money never reached the cost of the items that I purchased. Every month I got a bill that was higher and higher. As they kept tacking on accrued interest, and a 27.00 monthly fee with no explanation as to what that was for. So I have paid more than double the cost of my items, and the bill is now 276.00 dollars and rising.

Because none of my money was applied towards the actual purchases that I made. Instead they make up excuses for multiple accrued interests that I owe, and tack on that 27.00 fee, to make sure that I can never pay off this bill. AVOID PAYPAL CREDIT at all costs. It is a scam. They will not allow you to pay specifically for the items you purchased, so that you're stuck paying their ridiculously high monthly fees first. And the money will not go towards your purchases. I paid off the 276.00 today in full. And I will guarantee that they try to tack on some other stupid fees to keep the account in the negative. I will never use PayPal Credit again for anything.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Totally understood the terms and conditions, but I figured I'd give it a try. The terms are far too open ended, and I don't think I'll be giving a try on a similar product. Seriously, "PayPal Credit may not be offered as a funding source for every purchase. Some PayPal merchants don't accept PayPal Credit" is fine. But "In addition, please note that even if a merchant offers PayPal Credit as a way to pay, PayPal reserves the right to restrict your ability to use your credit line depending on the circumstances of each purchase" is a joke. It's one thing to have, say, a Care Credit account and KNOW that you're only limited to medical related expenses. It's another thing to not know what in the world you're limited to, it's like why even bother trying to make a purchase? It feels like a waste of time and I'm seriously hoping that PayPal will re-consider their 'case-by-case basis' purchase method with this card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Been hacked! My personal identification information was hacked from PayPal and someone opened a PayPal credit account under my information. Now "they" say I owe $1700. I've submitted a Fraud Claim and within 3 days of them receiving it, they said they couldn't find any fraudulent activity. (BS!) Then the fraud department sent me paperwork to submit - "Affidavit of Fraud". I submitted it and still they say it's mine. Even the representative from the Fraud department I talked to could see that the charges were not mine! The Fraud department from PayPal Credit PROBABLY DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THIS ACCOUNT.

I will not pay this, my lawyer will pursue it, I would like to sue them for allowing someone to use my personal information to obtain a CREDIT account with them AND FOR NOT VERIFYING. I've lost sleep, numerous (weekly) calls from them wanting money, monthly bills showing up with finance charges, submitting credit fraud watches on all my banking accounts, having to write to government agencies, submitting credit watches, etc. I WILL NOT PAY THIS - I DID NOT OPEN THIS ACCOUNT!!! PayPal Credit Fraud department is a farce!

PayPal Credit Company Information

PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)
www.billmelater.com