Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
PayPal Credit
3.57/5

PayPal Credit

formerly Bill Me Later

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

551 PayPal Credit Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have had a PayPal Credit account for about 15 years and found out it was closed when PayPal switch bank services. Have never missed a payment and have always paid more than the actual minimum. After speaking with their customer service reps... They didn't care to help fix it. In fact, they said it was closed when they made a switch and it was done by the customer which is me and I am the only one with access to that account.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Get approved for PayPal credit. It's going to hit you for 20 points right off the jump, but wait make 1 purchase over 300$ and be prepared for a hit on your credit for over 80 points. Total scam. WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE OR PAYPAL AGAIN!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I keep trying to find the interest charged for the month and, so far, haven't found it anywhere. Normally, it's found in two places on a statement, but not since Synchrony Bank took over. They've "streamlined" their reports and when they asked for opinions, they got one full blast; however nothing's changed. Also, even though I always log out successfully, the next time I want to log in I have to do it twice: After logging out, the symbols in the upper right-hand corner correctly show the "log in"/"sign up." When I return and enter my login info, I'm instructed to return to PayPal and the Option in the upper right-hand corner says "log out." Sooo, has my account been accessible to others ever since I logged out "successfully"????

How can Synchrony Bank take over one retail account after another???? I thought monopoly was illegal!!!! It's a racket with them: They come and jack up everyone's interest rates till you can no longer pay; then they pass it on to a collection agency and go their merry way. I currently have one of their accounts in collection: Because I saw the handwriting on the wall, I stopped using the account 100% in July a couple of years ago hoping to gradually lower my interest and monthly payments a couple dollars each month.

However, without using that account, each monthly interest fee and monthly minimum payment continued to increase until I finally had to give up the ship 4 months later in November. My payments till then had NEVER been late. I hate this bank with a passion, but am currently unable to do anything about it, since I have a very low SS resulting from having been on disability before it rolled over into my regular SS. I'm now 81, with only SS and no savings.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have Paypal and somehow Paypal Credit has been used sometimes as paying option. Even I always request to pay using my credit card that is on the file with paypal. Somehow paypal credit sneaks in and process the transaction. And then they charged me some strange fees. Dealing with Paypal credit is just constant headache. So please stay away from Paypal Credit if possible.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I signed up with PayPal Credit only because they were advertising a $20.00 discount on items I was purchasing. I never did get the $20. They told me it was a "glitch" in their software and the discount would happen on my next purchase using PayPal Credit. Didn't happen. But that is not the worst. I closed the account last month because I was getting a past due notice. I called to verify yes, payment had been made and I had a 0 balance and yes, I could close the account. Guess what? This month I get another email saying I now owe twice the amount! Do not be conned into signing up with PayPal Credit!!! They are terrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)?

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have never had any problems with PayPal until Synchrony Bank took over and now that's all I have. I just spent over an hour on the phone trying to link my bank account to my PayPal account and still haven't gotten it done. And this thing about sending two small deposits to your account and retrieving them in order to verify is crazy. And why is Synchrony bank taking over all charge accounts? They also control WalMart's credit accounts and several others. Not a big fan of Synchrony Bank. After today's experience I would give them a negative rating.

Original review: June 30, 2019

For many years I used Bill Me Later in sync with my PayPal account. As the changes have impacted customers like me, the takeover by Synchrony Bank has meant higher rates, continued and constant invasions of my privacy for advertising, lack of customer service support, arrogant and disinterested employees who continually recite scripts after ruining a person's life with their standardized "takeover" policies that do not include any consideration for the many years of establishing an excellent and perfect credit history with this lender. I've been insulted beyond words by having my account closed inexplicably. I suggest staying away regardless of their hard-sell, in-your-face promotion campaigns. They don't deliver.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Anything over $99.00 is considered promotional and you have 6 mos to pay interest free, so you do this. Then you charge something non-promotional for $50.00. Then you make a payment of $50.00 that same month. Do you think that payment pays off your non-promotional charge? No it doesn't, they split the payment up between the 2 charges leaving you with a partially unpaid balance of your $50.00 charge to carry over into the next month where you are charged interest on it. I clarified this with a C.S. rep that told me you have to call them and request the payment goes exclusively towards the non-promotional charge. Beware.

Original review: June 24, 2019

In December 2018 I decided to get PayPal credit so I could buy my grandson's a Christmas present. I've used it a few times since then. I recently noticed that they are charging me extra "interest on top of interest" saying that I got cash advances on two occasions. I don't have a card but rather have virtual credit to shop online. I have never gotten a cash advance. Because they do not send out a statement, it is very easy to forget to make a payment. Of course I forgot one month so now my interest rate is astronomical! Y'all be careful!!!

Original review: June 22, 2019

I mailed a payment for 150 the full balance of my PayPal credit that I regret getting but I was in a pinch and figured I’ll just pay it off in 2 weeks when I get paid. Ha! So on June 13 I mailed the payment to address given by PayPal and nothing showing on my account that I paid anything. I contacted them thru chat to confirm I had the correct mailing address and the chat person confirmed I mailed it to the correct payment address.

I asked why the payment wasn’t showing. She then suggested I need to mail my payment to the address she stated. Which I already told her “I DID THAT”. Then they state they cannot access anything and do not know other than for me to mail another 150 USD which they can’t seem to find the 1st one I sent. Never again. I’m closing and deleting everything to do with eBay and PayPal once I get this resolved and probably have to pay 100 percent interest by paying another 150 dollars. Avoid PayPal at all cost. Listen to the complaints they are real. WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE EVER!

PayPal Credit Company Information

PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)
www.billmelater.com