2. Finance

PayPal Credit

formerly Bill Me Later

PayPal Credit
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

PayPal Credit offers secure access to credit for online shoppers. It acts as a line of credit for any online purchases that accept PayPal. It offers credit access with no annual fees and no-interest financing for purchases above $99 in your first six months. PayPal Credit obscures your personal information when purchasing online and provides benefits like reimbursed shipping costs.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

PayPal Credit Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Payments posted later than actual payment and then PayPal charges fees and additional interest. You cannot pay down a higher balance due to the fees and interest. It seems fraudulent and as if PayPal is taking financial advantage of their consumers. You would think a pandemic would make this company want to be better!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I made a payment in September. Instead of PayPal MasterCard they applied the entrapment to my PayPal Credit account. The day after my payment was due they started harassing me. I submitted a payment for 10/15/2020 and they still harass me. When my balances reach zero I will close all Synchrony accounts (Lowe's, PayPal, PayPal MasterCard, Amazon store card.) I always made at least the minimum and in many cases more than the minimum.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I strongly encourage everyone to avoid using PayPal. While they were once a great company, they no longer offer phone customer service or competent online chat help. It takes 24-hours for them to respond to all messages and they don't have a thorough understanding of their own company or how it works. I recently sold something and PayPal was the universal company we both used so we opted to do the transaction through them. I was never able to verify my new bank account because both my husband and my name were on the bank and phone account.

They told me to verify the numbers on our bank account and once we did, they suggested to open a new phone line in just one name which is absurd. From there, we received the run around with poor grammar and spelling. The messages offered no guidance and didn't even make sense. Luckily, the Buyer was willing to send me funds through another service so the issue on my side was resolved.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I was excited to sign up for the 2% cash back PayPal card and was issued $15,000 in open credit. We set the account up for autopayment from our checking account and moved most of our monthly bills to the account. We have had multiple problems with their security team denying charges at critical times over the last 3 months. Furthermore they only way to see transactions on my phone was to use the paypal application and click on make payments to get to Synchrony. Crazy.

Recently we were getting close to our credit limit so paid our $12K balance 15 days early to free up credit. Even though it was a bank to bank wire transfer, Synchrony accepted the payment but refused to apply it to our credit limit causing multiple charges to be declined. When I called, they said it was an unusually large payment so they decided to withhold our credit for 10 extra days. I have never heard of such garbage. I canceled the card but was told I would forfeit all of my 2% cash back rewards when doing so which is costing me $600 since I have been using the card. What a waste of time and money. Moving to the Citibank 2% cash back card. Don't walk, RUN from this Synchrony Paypal Mastercard!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

So I kept receiving emails about applying for this card. When I applied for the card, I told I needed to call within 48 hrs to complete my application. To my surprised I am told I was approve for a $300, I was floored by this low limit. I have 700 credit score and I make over $70K. When I said I wanted to cancel the card, I was transferred to someone else. When I spoke to this person he stated I was approved for $100 limit and I can request a credit line increase. During the call I requested the increase and was immediately declined. Please do not waste your time with this bank. They are a joke, I have two credit card with limits over $20k and I am offered $330 then I told by the next guy it's $100 limit! I canceled the card immediately. Thanks PayPal for the hard inquiry!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

For months, after closing my PayPal credit account due to copious amounts of fraudulent charges, I have been trying to close my account. Not only will they not close my account but keep telling me there are pending payments 1 from 2 years ago which both are fraudulent. I can't get a human on the phone to discuss this and close my account. Since I am stuck to have PayPal forever, even though my bank account and credit account were closed out long ago, I am going to complain every chance I get and make sure I flood the www making sure no one makes the mistake of believing they are a good company.

Since they refuse to dispute fraud properly and close my account, I will tell everyone now DO NOT USE PAYPAL... YOU WILL HAVE FRAUDULENT CHARGES THAT WILL NOT GET DISPUTED AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET RID OF THEM. Tell everyone you know use Paypal at your own risk, which is very high. If you want to lose money and have charges someone else made, use PayPal. That is what happened to me and I cannot get a response to help me.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I ordered a motorized floating and after almost two months I received a kid’s floaty. Tried to report to PayPal and did not get any support. The company Three Kingdoms Technology will only refund low partial cost. PayPal did nothing to secure transactions with this scam company.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Ordered Covid-19 masks = April 14, 2020. Moorehealth LLC = $ 139.47 via PayPal Credit. Called & texted company = closed. Transaction ID = **. Order # **. No tracking number. No buyer protection. Dan Schulman's letter to commitment to customers = urban myth April 18, 2020. 1st) attempt = denied April 18, 2020. Filed police (fraud report) = April 23, 2020 (internet crime complaint). 2nd) attempt = denied May 13, 2020. Referred to Synchrony Bank = June 17, 2020. 3rd) attempt = polite letter (provisional credit) for $ 139.47. Contacted: Consumer Affairs. Mentioned amended FCRA section 102 updated consumer rights. Today - August 10th (still under review). Poor management policy. Thanks for listening, Raymond.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I opened a case with PayPal (**) over a seller's item not arriving and the courier company telling me it had. Not my signature on the online record of handover, and I have nothing in my hands except a finance bill with PayPal credit for almost £700 to pay (a quality watch). This took more than 10 weeks. They did not keep me updated just kept bumping my case on a bi weekly basis.

I was logging into their site weekly to check the status of my claim. I tried to phone. Don't bother as this is a waste of time as they do not pick up due to COVID 19 staff restrictions. They eventually emailed to say they needed the seller's input. He gave the false information the courier company used to hide behind. Say it was delivered and signed for (remember no sign of courier on the day in question and not my signature or anyone else I live with). I like others don't see the point of them for online transactions anymore as credit card company would have refunded me much quicker and upheld their policies and held the courier company accountable for the misdelivery/theft.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I don't know where to start from. I want to make this very brief. I will try my best. PayPal Credit is the worst ever thing ever to leverage. I have used them and my account piled up to be $8000. It was impossible to pay off this large amount easily. I started making the minimum and little bit over as well but that didn't help at all. My minimum was around $220 and most of it goes towards the interest. They will trap you hard, they will make you suffer, no matter what you do, you are in trouble. The only way is to pay large chunks to pay that thing off as soon as possible.

Okay, I am not upset because of this. I am upset because of the last incident that happened to me. I called PayPal Credit during the pandemic to let them know that I am seriously affected by COVID. They told me okay, we will cancel your minimum due, however, that doesn't mean that we are cancelling your occurring interest. Not only this, my minimum went up from 220 all the way to $770. That is my minimum people!! They ripped me off by forcing me to pay $770. I was dealing with two pandemics. The first Pandemic is COVID 19 and the second pandemic is the PAYPAL CREDIT.... Honestly that was the only thing I was thinking of during the Pandemic.

Not only this, wait, they have also reported me as I missed a payment. I mean common PayPal Credit, why on earth you want to report me with a miss payment if I have already told you that I am in a problem during to COVID and you know it, I mean you really know it but why... Seriously why you wanted to hurt me and hurt my family?

I have went away and closed my PayPal Credit with them permanently though I still own them the money and I will never ever in the whole of my life use them again. This company has not been existed to help, they have been exist to trap you. Their interest rate is extremely high and there is nothing you can do other than paying off your balance or else they will hurt your score.

Don't be tempted to the six month no interest offers because you still need to pay the minimum. I would say go and use normal credit card because you know that you have to pay it off anyway so you won't be dragged lazy into their system. PayPal Credit has been successfully won my money that I was supposed to spend it on my family and I have learned my lesson!

PayPal Credit Company Information

PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)
www.billmelater.com