Find a Credit Cards partner

formerly Bill Me Later

3.8/5 (444 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About PayPal Credit

PayPal Credit offers secure access to credit for online shoppers. It acts as a line of credit for any online purchases that accept PayPal. It offers credit access with no annual fees and no-interest financing for purchases above $99 in your first six months. PayPal Credit obscures your personal information when you purchase online and provides benefits like reimbursed shipping costs.

Pros

• No annual fee
  • No interest over $99 for six months
  • Widely accepted online

Cons

• Limited rewards
  • Unclear requirements

Bottom Line

PayPal Credit is a secure and convenient way to shop online. While its website doesn’t offer information about qualification requirements, the no-interest financing and no annual fees make it a popular credit option.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

PayPal Credit Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)?

Original review: April 19, 2021

This co. Has taken my $ hostage simply for using service more than I used to. It's been over 2 wks. Customer & auto services useless. Intrusive questions re: transactions. Forced to resubmit ID. Still not.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I usually use Paypal for making donations. I guess they have a new policy where they charge an interest fee immediately on the transaction PLUS a 10.00 transaction fee PLUS another interest charge. The total charges amounted to a 14.70 fee on my donation. I am closing my account. That's robbery. There are other sites that don't charge these fees.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I have had a PayPal credit account for a few years. I have had a credit score above 750 for that time. I haven't had a late payment in over 4 years and can count on one hand the number of times I have made a late payment in my lifetime. Suddenly, my credit limit decreased today without warning, from $6,500 to $1,500. This is a considerable decrease for me and has lowered my FICO score. It is absolutely ridiculous that I should be punished for no reason, without warning, despite my fiscal responsibility.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

On November 11th I sold an inverter to a Kamoru ** from New York. He personally came to my house to pick up the item. He paid me through PayPal. On January 10th he put a claim into PayPal saying he never received his item. He came to pick it up. My account is over 500$ negative. I called PayPal, told them he picked it. He said he contacted me regarding the item and I never answered home of course he never contacted me because he has his item. He picked it up personally. Because I can’t produce proof that I shipped it they are going to give this guy back his money. He picked it up, so I wouldn’t have a shipping label. And because he put the claim in first PayPal don’t ask him for proof of contact. I have all text messages from him as proof he was here. PayPal don’t care. Going to file police report today.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

It's great that you can make interest free purchases through PayPal, but they do not make it easy to pay it off. You have to call customer service and speak to someone in India in order to allocate your payments to that particular purchase. You should be able to do that online without making a phone call to India.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

A couple of months ago I decided to open a PayPal Credit account, was told I would receive a bill and then forgot about it. Suddenly last week a couple days before the bill was due, I received an email. The only way to pay was with a checking account or debit account. I called and was told there was an extra charge to use my bank account so stupidly used my debit card. This was via a India-speaking call center. It was a long, drawn out conversation, where each set of numbers, a partial confirmation number was given. In between, various products were offered and even though I said I was not interested in buying anything, I was told to say OK and proceed. At the end the person hurriedly gave me the last nos of the confirmation and did it so fast that I did not get it and the call was disconnected.

The next day the bank where I have my debit card called reporting fraudulent purchases. They were small amounts but were recurring so the debit card was cancelled. Some people would probably never even notice the small amounts. Today I received an email about the PayPal Credit Account saying it was overdue. I checked my bank account and no money was ever withdrew to pay. I again spoke to an individual with a strong accent and "flipped out" until I was able to speak to someone at the bank itself (Synchrony Financial). The late fee was cancelled and I was told how I could pay the balance with a check through the mail. All I can say is shame on you Synchrony Financial! This is a scam, perhaps to obtain late fees, but know I no longer will use this and warn all Consumers about this! CONSUMERS BEWARE!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I made purchases from Etsy and Sharper Image with the payments charged to PayPal. PayPal sent email confirming payments made to the vendors. I called my bank only to find out PayPal says assessments were made, triggered by Sharper Image being "unsafe" so all transactions were denied for a total of $230.38. PayPal then billed these charges to my bank's debit card account. The balance in the bank was not enough to cover these charges so now I have bills that have bounced because of insufficient funds. I feel I should not be penalized for unpaid charges and all other fees. May I add that I have a PayPal credit of $2,200.00 that I can use? After this issue is resolved, I'm cancelling PayPal!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

This is the worst credit care experience I have ever had in over 50 years of credit. After one late payment and NO notice then reported our account to the credit bureau. After explaining the situation to them they refused to amend the Credit Bureau Report, driving our credit score down by almost 100 points. After reading the other complaints on here I don't see how they can stay in business. They treat prime and super prime customers like sub-prime.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I had a PayPal MasterCard for years and years! Since COVID-19 struck I have not been able to make any purchases and even before then I did not make a lot because I have been rebuilding my credit (from 10 yrs ago) and I am happy to say my credit status as of today is excellent standing, which it has been for some time but I just wanted to stress that for purposes of this review.

Regardless of my excellent credit worthiness as shown on my consumer credit report, and regardless of my excellent standing I have always had for years with PayPal Mastercard, I was finally able to use and NEEDED to use and rely on my Paypal Mastercard, And when I went to use it it was declined for the amount of $1300. To my shock I called Paypal to inquire what was going on. When I called Paypal to inquire, I was told by a supervisor, after requesting one, that PayPal can close anybody’s account whenever they want to, in essence. I was told because I had not used my card in a year they lowered my limit from $10,000 to $1500. I was stranded because of this, but the supervisor only helped me complete a cancellation of my PayPal MasterCard, which was done very easily with her help and encouragement.

When I asked the supervisor to direct me to the line in the contract that states if you don’t use your card in a year or more they will cancel it or drastically reduce your limit without you knowing, she told me it’s nowhere in the contract other than the clause that says they have the discretion to do what they want with your credit card at any time. Bye-bye PayPal. Good riddance!??? It is reasons like this that is your first indication a company is going belly up!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

This organisation works closely with Dell Computer (featuring upon their web-site). After their failure to perform on a delivery, the order from Dell was cancelled - which Dell accepted. However, PayPal credit have clearly paid Dell, and continue to chase me for payment of monies re: product not supplied. PayPal Credit seem unable to understand that this is a triangular credit agreement - and they need to obtain a refund from Dell. Their credit control team uses an auto-dialler arrangement - which if you answer the call connects you with someone who hasn't read the file before speaking with you. When they do finally understand the situation - resolving matters is beyond the relevant operative's pay-grade so they simply are unable to do anything. REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT.

PayPal Credit Company Information

PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)
www.billmelater.com