American Express Platinum Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been a customer over one year. Always paid bills on time and used my card for EVERYTHING! After an issue with Sunwing booking a trip I could not attend they would not cancel so I contacted my credit card company. The woman I thought was wonderful said, "No problem. Happens all the time. Goes to review but if you get charged you'd be the first." Called again to double check before missing my trip again. Was assured it's no problem... I've now been fighting with them since November but all communication is done through letters in the mail and you cannot get anyone of significance on the phone. I've emailed requests twice and asked 3 customer service reps who transfer then I get put on hold and hung up on, the last man I spoke to I gave my number to have a supervisor call back today and still nothing... 100% going back to MasterCard. Wayyyy better service.

If you going to apply to get a AMERICAN EXPRESS don't do it. Just see the reviews online... Don't have any person to speak English... Only the machines. I have $10,000 limit but you can used. Just take the time and research everything...

I have been a faithful Amex user with 2 different types of their cards for Over 6 years. Without so much as 1 late payment. I bought out my business partners of 4 years and put all the acct in my name. After 2 months of use they delegated a limit to my cards that was lower than my 4 year avg. monthly balance. When I say lower, I mean way lower I ran my business on these cards. Most months were 60,000 to 80,000. They gave me limit of 6000.00 when the balance was at 35,000. They have ruined my business as far as I am concerned. The Federal Trade Commission should do something about this. Any input on where to turn next would be appreciated.

I've been an American Express customer since 1984. I have CEO'd 2 publicly traded companies and worked across multiple countries and have always used American Express Platinum for my business travel. Our new company, which is growing fast, has relied on American Express Platinum for our employee travel and other company expenditures. After 33 yrs of working with American Express, last Thursday at 2:00am in the morning, I received an email from American Express that my account was cancelled. No reason why. We spend a lot with American Express and for some reason they don't seem to like our spending habits. And I should add, that we pay our bill off every month.

After speaking with numerous people at American Express Platinum Account Services and just getting pushed around to one supervisor to the next, with no answer other than "we are looking into it", I have finally given up. My colleagues are amazed at how we are being treated. Most of them have said to me "American Express should be offering you a Black Card but instead they throw you out?" Many of my colleagues are also Platinum card holders and I am sharing with them my recent experience.

I am being treated by American Express with significant disdain, hostility and a general "we don't want your business attitude". Our company has just opened a new credit relationship with Chase and the treatment that we have been given by Chase has been incredible. The customer service with Chase has been great. We are also making a decision as a company to no longer accept American Express charges from our customers as well. This is one brand that has really gotten it wrong and have insulted me in a way that no consumer company has been able to achieve.

American Express customer service is terrible, absolutely terrible, and this company is a joke. My credit score is 719 with excellent payment history and no negative history on my credit report at all. The reason for going with this card was the introductory rate and perks. 6% on purchases at supermarkets and 3% gas returns as well as $150 back for purchases of $1000 in the first three months. Well I was approved for the card, no surprise there. But what was surprising was being approved for $1000 at a 23.49% interest rate; I mean seriously! The fee per year is $95; which AMEX stands to earn 10% off of my balance and for me to take full advantage of the intro $150 back, I would have to run 100% of my credit limit which would negatively impact my credit score.

I called them to ensure this wasn't an error, and all I got after 4 transfers and one disconnect was "you have to establish history with us before a limit can be increased." SERIOUSLY??? I have had credit cards with $8000 and 19% when my credit score was in the 600 range. Needless to say I told them don't bother sending the card; I will take the temporary ding, but I will not pay them $95 for a card I have no intention of using if I cannot take advantage of the reason I got it in the first place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Express?

When requesting to review charges and penalties fees, I was promised assistance and the 6 different representatives I spoke to, never followed up with my requests and never called me back as promised. I was charge inappropriately and none of the representatives did not help me resolve the issues. I was transferred to various departments and many promises were made with no resolution. It was very apparent that the representatives' only motive, was to receive payments even if the charges were incorrect. I changed credit cards and now I am very happy!

I applied for my card and call to downgrade. They lied to me and kept transferring me to different departments. Finally they said they will be able to downgrade and as soon as I agreed they turned around and said, "I am sorry." We can't downgrade. We will have to apply for a new card. I ask, "why do you have to apply for a new application, do you get bonus?" She said, "Yes." So for her benefit she was ready to hit my credit. I would not recommed this credit card company.

I applied for the Blue Cash Everyday Card and was approved 09/2016. The website indicated 0% Apr for 12 months and $100 reward after spending $1000 within the first 3 months. Based on this information, I did a balance transfer from my Discover IT Card which has an Apr of 12.99% to my new Blue Cash Everyday Card. First statement, I was charged interest, called Customer Service to put in an investigation.

Almost two months and a dozen phone calls later, I was told that the introductory offer was not applied to my application because after review of my credit report, I do not qualify for the introductory offer for which I applied. I was however approved at an Apr of almost 24%. This is a clear violation of Regulation Z which is Truth in Lending. Unfair and misleading marketing, and I was discriminated against after the fact. Will be escalating my concerns further because clearly Amex has not learnt its lesson of $112 million in fines for being unlawful and deceptive with their practices.

Unfortunately the customer service has no knowledge of how to conduct themselves towards customers. I was suppose to receive the everyday Credit card within 7 to 10 business days which of course every company says that. By the 8 day I general receive the card. Well 8 day came no card, 9 day came no card, 10 day came no card. So I called American Express customer service. They have no clue what they're doing. They told me they were sending the card by FedEx. When I called back to ask them if I would be charged they said "oh no." They said "UPS will delivery in on Saturday". "Ups. I was told FedEx." I said to him "could you make up your mind." It was supposed on arrive Saturday. No card so of course I was forced to wait Monday. They had to reroute.

Monday came. Went online to UPS with the tracking number to read not a valid address incomplete. I wonder who did that? Not me. When I called UPS today and spoke to UPS the representative inform me whoever sent it didn't put a complete address. I only repeated my address four times. I actually spelled each word to one of your representative. What a horrible company. The representatives have no clue what they're doing, no conception of what their job entails to be a good representative. They hang up, drop the line, and when you call and ask for a manager they out and out refuse to let me speak to one. They said there was some of my part when I fill the application out. I said no it wasn't. I would have never received the thank you letter if that was the case.

They then inform me they are going to send it out. UPS delivered on the 20th of December. Then I get an email saying 2 or 3 business days. I give up. I can't keep up with them. They don't know what in the world they're doing. At this point on not sure I will accept this card. I'm thinking if I have trouble just getting it calling for 10 days dealing with these rude customers what am I going to deal with me using this card.

We are a Moving Company, we performed a move. The client gave us a prepayment of 250.00 charged to her American Express Card the day of the move. She paid the balance with the same card 717.10. She complained about a damage which was confirmed. She did not get what she wanted by law and a form she signed she was in to receive compensation. She contacted Amex and contested the charges they ruled to give her all the money back. I called my credit card processor. They told me there was nothing they could do. Now I have to go to small claims court. All I wanted was a chance to talk to someone at Amex. They claim to be for the small business on TV but they treated my firm as they are KING and I work for them. The client is Yonda ** of Stamford CT.

I have Blue Cash Everyday card. Where to start?! They don't report my payments to all 3 credit agencies. Somehow they charged my savings account instead of my checking. How did they get this info?! Weak lines of credit given to customers with 740+ credit scores! Their reps are overseas. Bring customer service back to America. I'm calling Department of Justice after January 20th 2017!

Hi, I am from the UK and recently transferred $1000.00 via Amex FXIP to Tinker Federal Credit Union, Oklahoma, into an account held there; I was purchasing some toys. Unfortunately, the whole thing was a scam and, although I tried to recall the payments as soon as I suspected something wasn't right, American Express has simply said that all they could do was ask the beneficiary 'the thief' for the money back; surprisingly, they said, "No." So no money back even though this is blatant fraud. I might as well sent the money via MoneyGram. As a consumer, I checked the company out as much as I could, sent the payment to an account where a name, address, and account no. had to be given and finally used AMEX as I believed I would be protected in the event of fraud. Surely this can not be right. Can anyone offer any advice? I think both AMEX and Tinker Federal have been negligent, even complicit, in accommodating such theft.

Back in 2011 I applied for 2 American Express Cards. I received them and never ran more than $50.00 up on either one never late on a payment. Then they just canceled the cards on me no explanation to why they did. So now in July 2016 applied again online for an American Express Card because they were offering 50,000 reward points if you spent a $1,000.00 within the first 3 months of receiving which I did. They gave me the 50,000 reward points and when I called in December 9, 2016 to redeem my points they told me I had on 26,178 points.

When I questioned them to the where about the other 23,000 and something points they replied that I never had 50,707 points and that the original agreement for the card I had was only for 25,000 points if I spent a $1,000.00 within the allotted time. When I asked to speak to a supervisor about my missing 23,000 and something points she also reiterated what the agent previous had say. I told them in no uncertain terms would I makeup or lie about points that I had and did not use. They kept insisting that the points I had was the right reward points. I will never use their card for any purchases because they just take them away even if you earn them legitimately and I will tell everybody I know never apply for an American Express because they do not honor their part of an agreement.

I have a long standing AmEx Platinum acct that I pay the balance on each month. I received a past due notice from AmEx by mail on a Blue Sky acct is not mine. Balance of $536.00. I have been calling cs and their fraud # for a month. Each time I call I get a different response, from "we will open an investigation" to "everything is alright on your account, don't worry". Most of the time I have a very difficult time understanding the cs rep, as they are Indian, and speak very rapidly.

Today I was told not to worry again, and that they do not want to see any of the 5 letters I have received in the mail regarding this investigation, even though they have no record and I advised them that I believe they did not come from AmEx. Each of the 5 letters have a different acct end #. I have very, very good credit and I'm now worried that my credit history will be destroyed by this fraud. This seems like the same type of thing Wells Fargo was just exposed as doing - I think AmEx opened the Blue Sky acct in my name and now it seems that there may be 4 or 5 additional accounts opened in my name. I am seriously considering filing a report with the Dept of Justice, and the local police.

Very poor customer service. I only spend 10k a month on my card for since 2009. Call in to customer service and will never get the same answer twice. I never carry a balance. The only reason I use them is for Starwood points. If you don't need that, I would suggest you take your business elsewhere. Very sad company.

I have a renewing payment on my Amex card that I wanted to stop. I called and spoke to someone that speaks 100 miles an hour in a soft squeaky voice that is impossible to understand. After several attempts to get the woman to slow down and enunciate so she could be understood, I was finally able to communicate that I wanted to cancel to renewing charge. She went into a "disclosure" rant that I had to stop after several minutes to ask who she is protecting, her customer or the merchant. She told me that if she was going to stop the renewing payment I'd have to listen to her disclosure.

I then asked if it would be easier just to cancel my very good account without having to listen to all of their nonsense and she asked if that is what I want to do. I answered yes. She cancelled the account and I hung up. So much easier just to drop them then to ask them to assist with your account. That is a very good business model that all credit card companies should adopt. Remember this when you think of doing business with these self-important elitists.

I applied for & received an Amex Blue Cash card with a $10,000 limit. I took advantage of their balance transfer option and transferred balances of $2406 and $161 from other credit accounts to my new Amex account. When the transfer finally happened, I noticed I was charged twice for both transfers, making my balance over $5000 instead of half that which it was supposed to be. I immediately called Amex customer service. All of the customer service reps I spoke with were located outside the USA and I had difficulty understanding any of them (5 different reps). When I finally could speak to someone I could understand they assured me that Amex was aware of their mistakes and were in the process of fixing it. I was assured I would not be billed for their mistake, and that it would be removed. 3 weeks later and it still was not removed.

I called after receiving an email of my statement showing me billed for the duplicate balance transfers that were not removed. I was connected to Smirti in India, their cs rep. I asked for a supervisor and was told Varun was in a meeting and would call me back in 24 hours. My credit score has gone from 722 to 631 because of this error by Amex! This has ruined my life. Amex assures me they are working on this issue. 3 weeks and nothing has been done. Nobody knows why, but they are working on it! Sure they are!!?? My balance should be around $2550. Instead it’s showing as double that amount. I hate hate hate Amex and wish I never ever got the Blue Cash card as they have ruined my freakin life. I have been dropped by one of my current creditors because of my low credit rating now because of Amex error!!! Hate is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about Amex.

After calling and requesting assistance with a gift card order the rep states her computer isn't working and I need to be transferred. This is after 30 minutes of waiting. Third rep stated we can't place the order even if the second rep stated all info was received. We have spent 10s of thousands since we opened the account. I have now cancelled mine and another personal card. The rates are high and the rewards program is more of a gimmick. The cards benefits are also limited. The customer service was a joke. Many like AmEx have forgotten the individual customer and don't seem to care as they have such a large CC portfolio.

I need URGENT HELP - my story is similar to **. I also have 5 credit cards with American Express and they decided to do a financial review on my account after a higher than usual utilization. Fair enough, so I provided the documents needed and at first I did not pass as I put "extra" information that included what position I am in my Company.

They warned me this will be the last time - second chance despite having another week to send it in. I just got off the phone and they decided to close my account due to me MISSING a checkbox. If I miss it then I would condemn my stupidity and live and learn however, I have PROOF via my fax and the images sent that it was in fact CHECKED.

Despite repeatedly stating it and having proof and asking where I can send it, this department does not do anything via anything except their fax machine and their fax machine can only receive what the representative wants to receive. AKA your voice is not heard at all and they will not accept email or any forms of communication despite the email having form of communication. She said she never sent that even though it has her name on it.

What can I do here? I am looking at ConsumerAffairs and BBB. I will be calling a lawyer for help as well. If anyone can recommend me other venues then I would greatly appreciate it. This is $400k worth of credit line closed down due to a CHECKBOX and old school way of doing things. I HAVE PROOF of my fax sent that the box was checked but due to the sensitive nature of the information it will not be released here. Thank you.

My husband passed away on Feb 2, 2016. His company supplied him with an American Express gold business card. When he died he left hundreds of rewards on his card. His employer told me to take the rewards. I have been trying to claim these rewards since March of 2016. I have done everything that they have asked me to do including getting a legal affidavit. I have sent them all of the forms that they keep telling me that they require to give me access to the rewards 4 times. Every time I follow up on their receipt of the required forms they tell me that a document is missing. I have always sent all the same documents to them. How can they miss a different document each time? I have even sent them the Last Will And Testament that my husband and I have.

I would like to know what the problem is? I feel that I am being played. I have been a loyal American Express holder (3 cards) for many, many years. I don't understand why giving me access to my husband's rewards is such a big deal. He traveled while we were married for 18 years. He earned those rewards by being away from me. What does American Express hope to gain by not letting me have the rewards that my husband worked so hard to earn. To me, it represents the opportunity to use those rewards to buy items that my husband would be helping me to buy with right now if he were still alive.

I am very interested in finding out if there are any other widow or widowers out there that have been and are being treated with the same disrespect that I am. I am so disappointed with American Express. I always thought that they were the top of line. The very best that was available as far as credit cards. Now, I am not so sure. Especially since Costco has severed their relationship. Maybe American Express has finally gotten too big and the customers too little.

I have 2 Amex accounts. 1 that my husband is primary on and 1 that I am primary on. Both of these accts are WELL over 10 years old. Never an issue. But this is the 2nd time in the last year that I have tried to dispute a charge or use their buyer protection and they failed on both. ALSO I think that they have more internal fraud than any other bank/card does. I have had more fraud on my Amex cards than any other card that I own. This last ordeal was over $75 of a charge that the online retailer would not refund me unless I paid for shipping to return the damaged goods. Amex sided with the retailer and sent me back a generic dispute letter. At the VERY least Amex should have stepped in to cover the $20 or so it would cost me in shipping to return the item. But NOPE...not Amex. I will keep my account open for a while and end up doing away with both accounts in the future. Visa and Discover have excellent customer service.

I called AmEx to cancel my card after 29 years. The guy I talked to deducted the annual fee from my card, cancelled my card and sent me to the next guy. The next guy told me the annual fee was prorated and I owed 75.00. I had no problem with that at all and was ready to pay it. The second guy was not really interested in the keep me sales pitch because he knew I was leaving. I asked if my card was cancelled, he said yes. I asked for confirmation etc but he gave an explanation of why there was none, end of conversation.

I went to my account online but could not access anything because it stated my card had been cancelled. Waited for a bill for the 75.00 but I only received bills with the 450.00 annual fee included. A couple of months later they sent me a notice they that they cancelled my card for nonpayment!!! I cancelled my card, then they reopened it to charge me their annual fee then cancelled my card and are playing hell with my credit report now! The exact reason I cancelled my card in the first place. Since their call center in India or whoever has taken over their company, AmEx has become a system of Catch-22s and adversarial practices toward their customers.

On October 13, 2016 after 12HR work day, I made a mistake of running my American Express through my merchant services. Client of mine left me with the card and told me to charge him whenever I have time for it, so instead of using his Amex card by mistake I pulled mine out of the wallet. A week later I found out that my Amex cards being canceled. I called Kim from Financial Review Team who's been with the company since 1985, and was hoping to resolve this matter. She told me that I cannot use my American Express card through my merchant services. I was trying to explain to her that it was a simple mistake but she did not care and closed all my account with American Express.

As soon as I found out the problem I went ahead and reversed the charge back to American Express. The reverse was completed by October 21, 2016, but Kim did not care what the problem was regardless of the situation, and according to Amex policy all my accounts with American Express are closed. I can no longer rely on American Express card as trustworthy business. This company will treat you unfairly, steal, and will take advantage of you just like they did it to me. This company has already lost a lot of business in the past and if they keep operating it in the same manner, I could only predict even greater loss of clients. Besides that American Express have stolen all my points.

I have had 4 American Express cards since 1989. I have over 100,000 reward points on the gold card alone. I called to redeem all my points toward a balance on one of the cards. Guess what?? The blue cash card works fine for actual cash, but the gold, platinum and green cards only work for gifts, dining and travel. Well I am 64 years old and going through cancer, so dining and travel are out. You would think that all of the baby boomers reaching our mid years would be courted by American Express. NOT. I am shredding all my cards except the blue cash. By the way, my Chase Sapphire card gives me HUGE rewards - all cash towards anything. Goodbye American Express.

Early this year I found out Costco was leaving American Express and going to Citibank Visa. I called American Express and canceled my account with zero balance. I then started receiving mail from Citibank. Since I didn't have an account with them I shredded any mail received from them. A few weeks ago I received mail from Costco, I was curious so I opened the envelope. Lo and behold, it was a letter stating that I owed Citibank over $100.00 for a Visa card!

I called Citibank to tell them I did not own a Visa card! The rep said I did and that my balance was close to going to Collections since I hadn't made a payment since July. I told the rep I never signed up for it. She was adamant that I indeed had a card, which I did not! She then proceeded to tell me that Costco American Express sent all active accounts to them so they could be transferred to Citibank Visa. I CANCELED MY CARD EARLY ON, SO THERE WAS NO ACTIVE AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD!!! The Citibank indicated that they were getting a lot of complaints about American Express transferring services. I have been trying to resolve this for about a week now. I was told by Citibank that if if they didn't receive a payment (on a card I didn't authorize) they would send it to Collections. I DON'T THINK SO! I will check my credit in a few months. It should be clean. Otherwise it would be fraud.

I have been erroneously charged by U-haul for 10 toll violations during my 1 day rental. Unfortunately, disputing claims with U-haul did not work out - customer care does not care less about billing issues. U-haul failed to provide documentation of the evidence of 10 violations. I called customer care of American Express and told them that I have not authorized these toll charges. When I applied to American Express Gold Delta card, the benefits described 100% purchase protection. Unfortunately, this was not the case - they don't guarantee you anything. Read the terms and conditions before you sign up, as you can see from terms of conditions, there are so many stipulations for 100% purchase protection, that you will be ultimately responsible for the unauthorized billing plus interest on that:

Please see this excerpt from the agreement: While we investigate whether or not there has been an error: We cannot try to collect the amount in question, or report you as delinquent on that amount. The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount.
While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance. We can apply any unpaid amount against

your credit limit.

After we finish our investigation, one of two things will happen: If we made a mistake: You will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or
other fees related to that amount. If we do not believe there was a mistake: You will have to pay the amount in question, along with applicable interest and fees. We will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date payment is due. We may then report you as delinquent if you do not pay the amount we think you owe. If you receive our explanation but still believe your bill is wrong, you must write to us within 10 days telling us that you still refuse to pay. If

you do so, we cannot report you as delinquent without also reporting that you are questioning your bill. We must tell you the name of anyone to whom we reported you as delinquent, and we must let those organizations know when the matter has been settled between us.

On top, you will have to pay interest for the claim disputed. Plus, if you still refuse to pay, they will report you delinquent to credit agencies. They will destroy your credit score. So, basically, they lie people for them to sign up for this card. Protect yourself and don't buy their promises. It is good that I found this out from a minor violation.

When purchasing a flight on Delta airlines an ad at the bottom read $100 credit when you apply for a Delta Gold Skymiles Card. I was approved within minutes, but when I tried to purchase my flight through an email that said "use your credit card instantly, get number now!" my SS#, was not found. How is it not found when I just got approved?! Therefore, I was forced to wait for my card to arrive in the mail to purchase my flight. This took one week. When it arrived, I went back to the Delta site and the same ad was still there for "$100 credit" However, I did not need to click on the ad since I already had my card at this point so I just purchased my flight.

I received my 1st statement, and there's only a $50 credit. When calling customer service they stated that I did not click on an ad that said $100, but this is NOT true. The whole reason why I even got this card was for a $100 credit. If it was $50 I would have noticed. They either 1) have false advertising because their IT department did not upload the correct eBanner with the right credit amount or 2) Their coding is off and only crediting people $50 instead of the $100. They are NO HELP at all and refuse to believe there could be a glitch and that I'm not a liar. This is such a huge headache. I have excellent credit and will be canceling this card, thanks to their horrible customer service and disregard for their customers.

This is absurd... Grab some popcorn and read on because this will blow your mind. There's a formal AmEx "I-care" case number **. This issue today went to the Retention Department, with the Manager named Darryl **. After 8 hours on the phone in 5 separate calls, the last minutes I'll spend on this will be sending this as a fraud complaint (APR bait-and-switch) to the Attorney General of Massachusetts.

Here's the history: In August, I received a mailing and called in response to the offer for the Delta Gold Card. The sales rep upsold me on the Platinum card. The offer was for 15.49% APR on purchases, with 30K bonus miles & 10K Medallion Qualified Miles (w $1K in qualified purchases within 90 days of enrollment), with a $195 enrollment fee. I was credit approved and gave consent, on the recorded line, for the offer as described and was enrolled. The next day, I received a mailing for the Delta Platinum card... the exact card for which I'd just enrolled. The offer was for 15.49% APR on purchases, with 45K bonus miles & 15K Medallion Qualified Miles (w $1K spent w/in 90 days), with a $195 enrollment fee.

I called customer service to see if they could give me these extra miles. The customer service rep said they could not give any extra miles to me (as this is a marketing decision) so they were opening an "internal inquiry" w/ the marketing department to address this concern. They asked me to call back in 7-10 days. I received my card a few days later and noticed that the Cardholder Agreement stated 17.49% APR on purchases, which is 2% higher than I'd agreed to on the recorded enrollment call. 7 days later I called back to follow up on the bonus offer inquiry and the APR discrepancy. The customer service rep told it's likely that the bonus offer inquiry would take 6-8 weeks to resolve and the APR could not be changed. I asked for their supervisor and was also told that my APR was now changed in the system to 15.49% APR on purchases.

~30 days later (today), I called customer service for an update because time was running out to spend the $1K and secure the Delta miles. The customer service rep said my APR was still 17.49% on purchases, there was no record of any of the previous calls or an "internal inquiry" (i-care case). She said that her manager was not available and she could not change my APR, but she could offer a "one-time courtesy of 3,000 miles." She eventually got a manager on the line, who supported this and ultimately transferred me to Retention. Retention rep (Malcolm) told me he could only offer a promotion of 16.49% for 12 months. He transferred me to his manager Darryl **, who confirmed this as his best option. They also said they can't provide "3K miles" or "change the APR". Darryl also opened an i-care case that (supposedly) captured all of the above information.

My card has not been activated, the first $35 minimum bill on the enrollment fee is due in 7 days, and there are only 30 days remaining for me to spend $1K to secure the bonus miles. The I-care case will not be resolved in time and the account balance cannot be frozen until it's resolved. My choice now is to either a) pay $35 and hope for the APR to get fixed (and additional bonus miles applied), or b) assume that the i-care case will result in nothing and just cancel the card in order to avoid giving AmEx any more money. Well, I choose b. I just cancelled the account to avoid investing further into this customer service disaster. Regardless of the i-care case outcome, I will not be eligible for any other Delta Skymiles offers from AmEx. AmEx lost me as a customer today, and also for life. The legal mess of the APR bait-and-switch is one thing. That should be easy enough to investigate by the Atty General.

The larger concern is the horrible customer service... AmEx is losing customers by farming out customer service to the current developing nation call center company. Their reps maintained no written documentation of their "offers" (APR change, i-care case, or 3K mile offer), nor was any of this enacted... I was told 100% lies on 4 separate occasions, with zero documentation or accountability, by a 3rd party vendor halfway around the planet.

I was a customer since 2013 with a strong history of always paying my bills timely and in full for the most part. In this interest where it was the last straw, I made a total balance payment in full: (current transactions plus statement balance) 4 days before it was due. I did this in the past 2 months and do you know how they rewarded me for that? They charged me $15 in interest and despite my reaching out to their reps online and on the phone, they refused to remove the charges. Additionally, they wouldn't let me redeem my last $19 in rewards because of their $25 cap policy. Maybe I would have earned more rewards if they actually had programs worth spending on like BoA who has awesome cash rewards. This company is a scam. They treated me so poorly after my years of loyalty to them. Totally despicable, egregious, shameful.

I applied this for my International Trip. I confirmed with customer care before my start of trip. They confirmed me that credit balance is there, I can use it. However, as soon as I reached destination, I tried to pay to hotel bills. It was declined. I shocked and found helpless. I had no International SIM Card, so unable to call them. However, I paid it through my Forex Card. Then, later, I called them on international roaming. The idiot people gave me a good reason of decline that as it was my first transaction, so it was declined. Now you can try. Are they idiots? Any card will have its first transaction anyway. I will submit my this Card as it is as soon as I get back to my home country. AMERICAN EXPRESS Card is Worst. They don't have even Customer Service Email ID. What more worse can be happen.

American Express Platinum Card (amex) Company Profile