American Express Platinum Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been erroneously charged by U-haul for 10 toll violations during my 1 day rental. Unfortunately, disputing claims with U-haul did not work out - customer care does not care less about billing issues. U-haul failed to provide documentation of the evidence of 10 violations. I called customer care of American Express and told them that I have not authorized these toll charges. When I applied to American Express Gold Delta card, the benefits described 100% purchase protection. Unfortunately, this was not the case - they don't guarantee you anything. Read the terms and conditions before you sign up, as you can see from terms of conditions, there are so many stipulations for 100% purchase protection, that you will be ultimately responsible for the unauthorized billing plus interest on that:

Please see this excerpt from the agreement: While we investigate whether or not there has been an error: We cannot try to collect the amount in question, or report you as delinquent on that amount. The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount.
While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance. We can apply any unpaid amount against

your credit limit.

After we finish our investigation, one of two things will happen: If we made a mistake: You will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or
other fees related to that amount. If we do not believe there was a mistake: You will have to pay the amount in question, along with applicable interest and fees. We will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date payment is due. We may then report you as delinquent if you do not pay the amount we think you owe. If you receive our explanation but still believe your bill is wrong, you must write to us within 10 days telling us that you still refuse to pay. If

you do so, we cannot report you as delinquent without also reporting that you are questioning your bill. We must tell you the name of anyone to whom we reported you as delinquent, and we must let those organizations know when the matter has been settled between us.

On top, you will have to pay interest for the claim disputed. Plus, if you still refuse to pay, they will report you delinquent to credit agencies. They will destroy your credit score. So, basically, they lie people for them to sign up for this card. Protect yourself and don't buy their promises. It is good that I found this out from a minor violation.

When purchasing a flight on Delta airlines an ad at the bottom read $100 credit when you apply for a Delta Gold Skymiles Card. I was approved within minutes, but when I tried to purchase my flight through an email that said "use your credit card instantly, get number now!" my SS#, was not found. How is it not found when I just got approved?! Therefore, I was forced to wait for my card to arrive in the mail to purchase my flight. This took one week. When it arrived, I went back to the Delta site and the same ad was still there for "$100 credit" However, I did not need to click on the ad since I already had my card at this point so I just purchased my flight.

I received my 1st statement, and there's only a $50 credit. When calling customer service they stated that I did not click on an ad that said $100, but this is NOT true. The whole reason why I even got this card was for a $100 credit. If it was $50 I would have noticed. They either 1) have false advertising because their IT department did not upload the correct eBanner with the right credit amount or 2) Their coding is off and only crediting people $50 instead of the $100. They are NO HELP at all and refuse to believe there could be a glitch and that I'm not a liar. This is such a huge headache. I have excellent credit and will be canceling this card, thanks to their horrible customer service and disregard for their customers.

This is absurd... Grab some popcorn and read on because this will blow your mind. There's a formal AmEx "I-care" case number **. This issue today went to the Retention Department, with the Manager named Darryl **. After 8 hours on the phone in 5 separate calls, the last minutes I'll spend on this will be sending this as a fraud complaint (APR bait-and-switch) to the Attorney General of Massachusetts.

Here's the history: In August, I received a mailing and called in response to the offer for the Delta Gold Card. The sales rep upsold me on the Platinum card. The offer was for 15.49% APR on purchases, with 30K bonus miles & 10K Medallion Qualified Miles (w $1K in qualified purchases within 90 days of enrollment), with a $195 enrollment fee. I was credit approved and gave consent, on the recorded line, for the offer as described and was enrolled. The next day, I received a mailing for the Delta Platinum card... the exact card for which I'd just enrolled. The offer was for 15.49% APR on purchases, with 45K bonus miles & 15K Medallion Qualified Miles (w $1K spent w/in 90 days), with a $195 enrollment fee.

I called customer service to see if they could give me these extra miles. The customer service rep said they could not give any extra miles to me (as this is a marketing decision) so they were opening an "internal inquiry" w/ the marketing department to address this concern. They asked me to call back in 7-10 days. I received my card a few days later and noticed that the Cardholder Agreement stated 17.49% APR on purchases, which is 2% higher than I'd agreed to on the recorded enrollment call. 7 days later I called back to follow up on the bonus offer inquiry and the APR discrepancy. The customer service rep told it's likely that the bonus offer inquiry would take 6-8 weeks to resolve and the APR could not be changed. I asked for their supervisor and was also told that my APR was now changed in the system to 15.49% APR on purchases.

~30 days later (today), I called customer service for an update because time was running out to spend the $1K and secure the Delta miles. The customer service rep said my APR was still 17.49% on purchases, there was no record of any of the previous calls or an "internal inquiry" (i-care case). She said that her manager was not available and she could not change my APR, but she could offer a "one-time courtesy of 3,000 miles." She eventually got a manager on the line, who supported this and ultimately transferred me to Retention. Retention rep (Malcolm) told me he could only offer a promotion of 16.49% for 12 months. He transferred me to his manager Darryl **, who confirmed this as his best option. They also said they can't provide "3K miles" or "change the APR". Darryl also opened an i-care case that (supposedly) captured all of the above information.

My card has not been activated, the first $35 minimum bill on the enrollment fee is due in 7 days, and there are only 30 days remaining for me to spend $1K to secure the bonus miles. The I-care case will not be resolved in time and the account balance cannot be frozen until it's resolved. My choice now is to either a) pay $35 and hope for the APR to get fixed (and additional bonus miles applied), or b) assume that the i-care case will result in nothing and just cancel the card in order to avoid giving AmEx any more money. Well, I choose b. I just cancelled the account to avoid investing further into this customer service disaster. Regardless of the i-care case outcome, I will not be eligible for any other Delta Skymiles offers from AmEx. AmEx lost me as a customer today, and also for life. The legal mess of the APR bait-and-switch is one thing. That should be easy enough to investigate by the Atty General.

The larger concern is the horrible customer service... AmEx is losing customers by farming out customer service to the current developing nation call center company. Their reps maintained no written documentation of their "offers" (APR change, i-care case, or 3K mile offer), nor was any of this enacted... I was told 100% lies on 4 separate occasions, with zero documentation or accountability, by a 3rd party vendor halfway around the planet.

I was a customer since 2013 with a strong history of always paying my bills timely and in full for the most part. In this interest where it was the last straw, I made a total balance payment in full: (current transactions plus statement balance) 4 days before it was due. I did this in the past 2 months and do you know how they rewarded me for that? They charged me $15 in interest and despite my reaching out to their reps online and on the phone, they refused to remove the charges. Additionally, they wouldn't let me redeem my last $19 in rewards because of their $25 cap policy. Maybe I would have earned more rewards if they actually had programs worth spending on like BoA who has awesome cash rewards. This company is a scam. They treated me so poorly after my years of loyalty to them. Totally despicable, egregious, shameful.

I applied this for my International Trip. I confirmed with customer care before my start of trip. They confirmed me that credit balance is there, I can use it. However, as soon as I reached destination, I tried to pay to hotel bills. It was declined. I shocked and found helpless. I had no International SIM Card, so unable to call them. However, I paid it through my Forex Card. Then, later, I called them on international roaming. The idiot people gave me a good reason of decline that as it was my first transaction, so it was declined. Now you can try. Are they idiots? Any card will have its first transaction anyway. I will submit my this Card as it is as soon as I get back to my home country. AMERICAN EXPRESS Card is Worst. They don't have even Customer Service Email ID. What more worse can be happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Express?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Hilton Honors: I had applied for the credit card on 27th August 2016; on the site it says the card would be processed in maximum 10 working days. I have been waiting for 3 weeks now without any sort of decent response from the customer care team. Very disappointed!! Called Several Customer agents. ALL Lied about Expiating and finally about 5 Calls card arrived on Sept 18th. Amex PRG: Approved on Sept 2 - Wait Continues. Surprisingly this has been the case with all those cards which has Some Kind of Joining Bonuses. Just to try, I did change my email and the Letter from Amex arrived in 5 days prompt. Amex Customer care explains that USPS misses the Shipments in transit. Joke of the Year. NEVER EVER AMEX.

In 2013 we moved across country to Oregon. In 2014 we received a collections letter on our A/E account. We had to send all kinds of documents and file a police report. Had to prove we did not live in Tennessee at the time the charges were made etc . We were told yes it was fraud and everything was taken care of. In 2015 we were going to buy a house to retire in when we found out. A/E had listed the account as a bad debt charge off and really messed up our credit. We called to file another report and had to file another police report and start sending documents again. In Oct we moved back to TN and had not heard from American Express. We called and were told they had no record of our complaint.

It has now been 3 years since we started this and this morning I was told by a Supervisor in customer service that fraud Dept. "refused to talk to me because they did not receive the proper information for the claim. We did everything they asked 3 different times. I asked what more can I do. I was put on hold for 32 minutes and then hung up on. I may be elderly but I am not ignorant. I can only assume they think if they keep messing me around I will give up.

I applied for this card when they were running a promotion for 40,000 bonus membership rewards points if you spend $3000 within your first 3 months. Well, that happened within the first week of having the card and the points were credited to me about 6 to 8 weeks afterwards. Mind you, although the American Express charge card lineup (Classic Green, Gold, Gold Premium rewards, Platinum, and Centurion (Black Card)) are all "no preset spending limit" cards, American Express still need to average out your monthly spending such that they know what to expect AND that you're good the money & can handle the card, as "no limit" which, apparently they determine over the first three months of card membership.

Knowing this, before I even made my first purchase, I send them a payment of $1000, as a sign of good faith. I have had the card for several months now, and have yet to hit any roadblocks in terms of declined charges, which is great and makes this a really great, flexible product. I also use the platinum concierge service all of the time, which is absolutely wonderful, too. They truly take care of you, and cater to whatever you need that they possibly can. The regular customer service representatives are also absolutely excellent, and take care of everything in a timely fashion, and in a way that is clear to YOU. The card helps me and my wife manage our finances so much better and in the process, we end up racking up Membership Rewards points galore.

The other beautiful thing about the card is the airport lounge access. Even without first class fares, you may enter the lounges to a couple major airlines, and they're great! Complimentary snacks, beverages, sometimes even booze, and sometimes even showers! Talk about being ready to fly! The one con that I might see others saying about the Platinum Card is the annual fee of $450. For me, I MORE than make that up in travel perks alone; heck, if you're a frequent user of the concierge service like my wife and I are, then that in and of itself pays for the card, as independent services get pricey.

Last thing I want to really delve into is the purchase protection program. Any purchase made with the card is covered for: damage, stolen, broken, etc., and with the Platinum and Centurion Cards, LOST items are also covered. That sort of protection is unheard of for the most part without paying a super premium. The fact that payment is due in full each month, alone from being a wonderful financial tool, makes me see my Platinum Card as an extension of my checking account which does not earn me squat in terms of perks. Overall, I would absolutely recommend the Platinum Card to friends & family. Really awesome, AWESOME product.

Despite having canceled this feature in the past, AMEX re-enabled the feature, without disclosure, into a newly issued card and charged $15.95 x 3 for three car rentals. Upon calling Customer dis-Service, they declined request to refund, even after explaining this was a new card and that I did not requested or accepted the Premium Car Insurance feature. Be aware of these add-on features designed to stick. I was surprised the so-called supervisor that came on the line was just as short-sighted as the original agent, and could not understand that getting $45 in fees from a customer that spends over $250k per year on 6 cards is just stupid business practice. AMEX is a great company on many aspects; this is just one of those stupid things companies do to piss-off customers that would otherwise talk positive about the great things they offer. Just be aware of this money making schemes...

They tried to take money out of my checking account without me knowing! Very dishonest! Customer service is rude and management does not know how things work at their own company! Beware of their shady business practices! STAY AWAY!

I have been a card carrying member since 1987, and while on the website in May 2016, I noticed that the AMEX Platinum card was offering 40,000 points if you spend $3000 in 3 months. I applied, was approved and received my American Express Platinum card on 5/1/16. Fast forward 3 months... I ended up spending $4400 (only had to spend $3000) in three months, but have yet to receive my 40,000.

I contacted a Customer Care Professional via email to inquire about my points and they stated that they never heard of that offer and could not help me. The next day, I called the American Express 800 number, spoke directly to a Customer Care Professional who stated the same thing... they never heard of that offer and could not help me. A few days later, I called the 800 number again, was informed by a Customer Care Professional that they did not see an offer of 40,000 points after spending $3000 in 3 month, but that I was now enrolled in a program that offered 50,000 points after spending $5000 in 3 months (which, by the way, I was no longer qualified for because I spent less than 5K and it was after the 3 month period). When I asked the Customer Care Professional to show me THAT offer on the AMERICAN EXPRESS WEBSITE, the Customer Care Professional was unable to do so.

Over the next week or so, I telephoned American Express 4 more times (7 in total) at this point for clarification on the points offer I was informed by each and everyone of them that nothing could be done and to file a claim. After filing a total of 4 claims stating the same thing, I finally received an email from American Express, indicating that I failed to qualify for the 40,000/$3000/3 month offer because I failed to include the RSVP number associated with this offer. Problem is, I was never given a "RSVP" number when I applied for the card nor did I see a RSVP number in my American Express welcome package back in May 2016.

On my 8th telephone call to American Express, I spoke to yet another Customer Care Professional and asked her if she could pull up the 40,000/$3000/3 month offer and she said YES. I asked her to review my file and see if I was signed up for any points offers and she said YES. That I was enrolled in their 50,000/$5000/3 months offer. When I asked her to go to the AMERICAN EXPRESS website and pull that offer up so I can make sure I used the "RSVP" number she stated that SHE DID NOT SEE THAT OFFER ON THEIR WEBSITE. At that point, I was placed on hold while she "researched" the issue and after being on hold for more than 10 minutes I was disconnected.

Bottom line is, American Express is not a reliable company. They tell you one thing and when you meet that goal they change up the rules in the middle of the game. Had I known I was in enrolled in this "mysterious" program of spending $5000 in 3 months for 50, 000, I would have done that. I will say that the Customer Care Professionals were respectful, for the most part, but they were useless when it came to being able to make a decision on my account. I am very disappointed in the service I received from American Express Platinum card and I will be ending my relationship immediately.

I never had a issue with a dispute issue using my Serve Card. Now I do. I have to wait 45 stupid days on a internet company that I had only 4 days of service out of the month (AceWeb). I was told I would get my refund in 10 business days. I was lied to. I contact the internet provider but refused to answer but they sent me a bill saying my service will be cut off. This not right. I want my money now, not in 45 stupid days. I hate AmEx Serve. I'm going to go to Simple card instead.

I applied for the blue cash rewards card last week and after applying was approved. The website states that there is an intro rate on purchases of 0 percent for 12 months. That is the reason why I chose this card. When I received the card it stated my rate was 23 percent. Who in their right mind with good credit would pay 23 percent on anything!!! I called and they stated this was a "marketing error" and although they appreciate my concern they could not do anything about it at the moment and to check back in 7-14 business days!!! I got this card to pay my wife's hospital bills and would never have let this company pull my established credit for a 23 percent interest rate card!!! No one seems to give me a human answer even when I supply screenshots of the rates and fees states at for this card. They just keep saying "I understand your concern".

I asked to speak to this dispute dept. that needs half a month to check their website and verify what I am telling them and they said they do not speak with customers. Growing up I always thought of American Express as a respectable established company and this is a horrible first personal impression. I am so disappointed in this experience. I am upset that my credit was pulled under false expectations, I am upset that they cannot give me a human answer and I am upset that I have to wait 2 weeks to probably still be told there is nothing they can do. I have attached the screenshots below of the card I applied for on as well as the page that pulls up when you click rates and fees. It is stated as clear as day. I will not stop until everyone knows what they have pulled on me.

Worst customer service ever! I've been using this card for 8 years. This company operates terribly. Simple tasks can take 15 transfers between states and countries that don't communicate. Oh, and it's like 90 percent of this company is run by thick accented Indians. Go Visa Black or CitiCard.

American Express Credit Bureau unit customer service are so unhelpful. My husband & stepson have the same name, so American Express reported to TransUnion a credit report but it went to the stepson instead of my husband's. When I explained this my husband, my stepson, & I all spoke with them. 2 days of talking to people, faxing information to them, we accomplished nothing with these people. I can't get above the Credit Bureau Unit. I did send the same information to the Complaints Dept. all this was done by faxes. I was told someone will contact me in 24-48 hours, so far it's been 27 hours.

My stepson's credit is hurt by this, we need this fix immediately. He was trying to get a vehicle & his debt to income ratio is affected by American Express's failure to fix this horrible mistake that they did, not to mention how MY info with my credit card is not so private. Is there a lawyer in the house. I am going to pay off American Express & shred their card & send it back to them all because they will not call me back. Take this off of my stepson's credit report. I am so frustrated with them. I don't know where to get resolution! American Express you lost my business. I seriously doubt they care! I am bummed because I have not had any other problems with them other than this, which happened twice. Last time they did resolve it promptly not so much this time. Peace out. I am done with American Express for good!

I had applied for the credit card on 4th August 2016; on the site it says the card would be processed in maximum 10 working days. I have been waiting for 3 weeks now without any sort of decent response from the customer care team. Very disappointed!!

Terrible company. American Express was the card to have. Now, they suck. We spent $40,000 in the first 2 months. They will not give us our mileage. It is impossible to speak to someone that speaks English. They deny your rewards. Do not use this company! Such a scam!

I bought a tv from new jersey thru american express and the seller never delivered my tv. No american express ruled in favor of a $500 restock fee. I was a card holder for 19 years. Today I canceled them and paid all honest charges but I will never pay the $500 beware of using am express. They will cheat you. Please take this serious. They don't protect us, they are in bed with big business.

American Express have become a joke! No wonder Costco kicked them out. Their customer service team, forget talking to them, they don't even speak English, yet understand English. You call them for something else, they twist the whole story around and say "Do you want to make a payment?" Really? Did I call you to tell you that I needed your assistance in scheduling my payments? I simply ask for a credit increase and what does making payments have to do with what I ask? They are so stupid and poorly trained. I closed down my Amex card during the same time Costco kicked them out. If I can give American Express an zero star, I would.

I have been an AMEX cash back card holder since 2002 (and a stockholder since 2012). I recently mailed a check payment from my local post office that took 16 days to travel 13 miles to the PO Box where payments are accepted. This obviously resulted in a late payment recorded on my account. With 1 phone call to customer service I was credited back the late fee, penalty interest and cash back rewards that were taken away due to a late payment. What service!

A few years ago I was in a boating accident where the boat sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. The day before I had purchased almost $500 worth of fishing equipment for the trip. With these extraordinary circumstances, I was sure it was a long shot that AMEX would honor their purchase protection policy that comes with the cash back card. By providing my purchase receipt and the Coast Guard report to AMEX, my account was immediately credited for the entire loss! In my opinion AMEX is a 5 star company. It is a breath of fresh air to see honesty, integrity and impeccable customer service from a major financial corporation.

Today I just got a mail stating that I can check my eligibility criteria on the Amex website, I just went to the website with the link that was provided to me on the mail. I was surprised to see that a person who is earning more than 30,000 per month is not eligible for a gold credit card. I have called to the customer care and the executive stated that "we do not target those persons whose income is not more than 100,000 per month." This was ridiculous answers was given by the customer care representative. I mean to get a Amex gold credit card, I should a son of some big shot guys whose income is more than the Bill Gates earnings.

Oh come stupid and ** Amex, you know your CEO's earnings' not more than a core's. This company is sucks the monies from the people who are still member of this such basters companies. If someone wants to have a credit card, please do not go for Amex. Instead it's better to any other banks credit card like sbi, hdfc, citi, etc. Pathetic company!!!

I applied for an American Express Cash Back Rewards card on June 13th of 2016. I received a confirmation email stating I was approved and that my card should be arriving in the mail within a few days. A few days go by and I never received my card. On June 17th, 2016 I called American Express and they told me they are having issues with the system and that in fact I am not approved and that my approval decision is still pending (although I got an email saying I was approved). Customer Service said they would call me back in a day or so with the decision. A day or two passes by and I never get a call from customer service. I call American Express back and they said yes I was ultimately approved and they will be sending my card out in the mail and I should be receiving it within a few days. Another few days pass by and I still have not yet to receive my card.

I called American Express again inquiring "where is my card?" I was told by customer service that it was shipped out and that I should have had it by now - to please give it another day or two. That same afternoon (after I was told that the card was shipped out) I received an email stating that there is a delay in shipping out my card. So in fact the card was never shipped out as I was told by customer service. Another week passes by and I still hadn't received my card. I called customer service again for the 4th time informing them I am still waiting on the card. They supposedly issued me another card that they will be re sending me out in the mail. Another week passes by and yet no card still to be received in the mail.

I called American express for the 5th time and at that point customer service tells me that I have two accounts that I applied for (which I only applied once and why didn't they tell me this before on the number of previous calls to them?). She says that she needs to close one of the accounts and that she will re-issue me the card to give it another few days in the mail. Another week passes by I get no card in the mail, but in the meantime I get a letter in the mail stating my account has been closed. Calling now back for the 6th time on June 11th, 2016 (Now mind you I'm pretty irate at this point). I ask to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor tells me that she will now send me a new card fed-ex and I will have it overnight (Great!!) and I should have it by the 13th of July. Next two days passes by I never receive the card!

July 13th (the day I'm supposed to receive the card by FedEx) I called customer service once again and was told that the card was being processed and now I will be getting it on the 14th of July!!! Even more irate at this point I request that the card be sent to my job instead of my home because it seems they can't seem to get that right. Supervisor takes down my job information, put it into the system as an alternative address for the card to be mailed to and says we will ship it FedEx overnight to your job and you should be receiving the card by the 14th (Great!!!). Maybe now we're getting somewhere!!!

Well the morning of the 14th I call customer service for the trillionth time to confirm that my card is being shipped to my job and she said it's being shipped to my house. Well I absolutely had enough at this point in waiting for my new credit card in over a month!!! I really blew a fuse and asked them to cancel my account!! This is the only credit card company I have had this kind of experience with. Never, ever, ever again will I want to deal with them!! Anyone wanting an American express credit card, Don't!!! Stay away! The worst company ever! I have a chase freedom unlimited credit card and absolutely love them! Never any problems and great customer Service!

I am very pleased with customer service from Amex. I have been customer since 2012 and thank you for appreciating me as a customer. I am happy to be valued as a customer. I am having some issue and Anamika ** helped me out and resolve issue that I was concerned. Thank you Anamika for such a great customer service.

A new person was handling my call in customer service and did not answer at all every time that I asked her a question. There was only silence - I would wait 30 seconds each time and then I would ask if she was still there multiple times and it was obvious that she did not know at all what she was doing. It would have been better for her to be trained more appropriately before answering phone calls and she could have at least said something such as "Let me check on that for you" - instead there was complete silence.

When I asked to speak with someone that had more experience, a supervisor came on the phone (Ann) and 'debated' with me about the fact that she should have said something. The supervisor said it would have been better to say nothing than give a wrong answer and she continued to debate with me that it was okay for the new person to be completely silent - very poor for a customer service supervisor to 'debate' with the customer. I wonder if American Express ever looks at their reviews - they have one star.

I became an Amex Express Costco Card member in 2013 and during that time I lived in Central time zone and paid my bill after midnight on the date due which is the 6th of the month 3 times. I was informed by Amex that my payment was late in the Eastern time zone and was assessed a late fee... It was not late in the Central time zone!!! I charged approximately $40,000.00 on account since opening in 2013 and had paid it off several times. I guess that did not matter with Amex as to how good of a customer you really were and how much you were spending with them. Oct. 2015 Amex jacked my interest rate to 27% for 6mos punishment. January 2016 I paid off the account but they continued the high interest rate and refused to remove it...

I made numerous calls for assistance in this matter no help, even as a high spender to get them to reduce interest rate from their standard rate of 11.99 (3.5) which is ridiculous. My M/C is 8% with USAA. My Visa is 9.99 with Ascend. I would never do business with Amex again or recommend anyone to do so. Also it is a total joke about earnings on their card as well. I earned $ 98 since January 2016 and have spent approximately $13,000.00. Some being travel!!! Big fat rip off...

FAKE PROMISES FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS CUSTOMER/ SALES EXECUTIVES. I have been using AMEX credit card for last 2 months and have been paying money also on time however I have been misguided by the sales and customer executive regarding the Bookmyshow Rs 1000 VOUCHER. Sales executive said very clearly to swipe the card, no need to register now; after you are done with 8 transactions you just call to customer care & you will be getting the Rs1000 voucher from Bookmyshow thru your register email. On 28 May I spoke with customer care. He said "Sir, do not worry in 1st week of June 2016 you will get your voucher." Then after I have been continuously calling customer care but nobody is ready to take a call & sad to say all look so helpless. Today, I spoke with customer care (manager). He said Bookmyshow has declined the request & trying to tell me policy. At the end I have feeling cheated by AMEX.

In early June 2016, I accepted American Express's offer for an account with zero % interest for 15 months. I requested a $3,000 balance transfer from my VISA card. They did the balance transfer, and ALSO CHARGED MY ACCOUNT TWO MORE TIMES for the SAME balance transfer (a total of $9,000 + $270 in transfer fees.) I made several calls, each time being assured the 2 extra charges would be removed within a few hours. Next day, the $9,270 charges were still on my account, and there was no credit remaining. I called again and was told it would take 6-8 weeks for them to conduct an investigation. I requested to speak to a supervisor. I told her that this is unacceptable and they need to correct my account ASAP. The supervisor provided no apologies, and said "We cannot just go in and fix it. We have to investigate this which takes 6-8 weeks. We will mark the extra ($6,000) charges as being disputed, and you will still have $6,000 in credit."

As of this morning, my account still shows $0 credit remaining. Also, ever since I opened my account, they have continued to show my address WITHOUT my apartment number, even after several Live Chats and telephone calls, they insist that my account shows my apartment number. Yet, the first card they sent me never arrived. Then they closed that account number, and FedExed another one. It arrived WITHOUT my apartment number on it! Then they emailed a letter to me; they showed my address WITHOUT my apartment number. I've gone back into my account 3 more times to try to correct my address; it won't accept it. (When I had American Express through Costco, from 2008 to June 2016, I NEVER had any problems.) American Express should be ashamed of themselves for putting the customer LAST when American Express MAKES A HUGE MISTAKE. I plan to NEVER use American Express again.

I open my account in March of 2016. Always paid more than min. Out of nowhere account was closed in June by American Express. I called multi time asks for reason, none was given. Very poor customer service with lack of communication among their departments. Waste of time.

I applied for a credit card through them, and they needed my bank statements because I'm self employed. I sent them the info, and never heard back. I called and talked to a rep and he said they never got the info. I told him I got an email from them stating they received the info and are reviewing it. I even gave him the reference number then he tells me he don't know and hung up, unreal. I don't even want the card now.

I will give my business to another credit card company I have discovered and they are top notch. Also I forgot to mention when you call amex your minimum wait time is at least 45 minutes, then hopefully when you do get one of their illiterate reps on the phone they don't disconnect you. Now I will never apply there again. They can keep their high annual fee and horrible customer service. I will continue to use my trusted Discover.

I was emailed an introductory offer to receive 60,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 or more on your new card in eligible purchases in the first 3 months of card membership. After meeting the spending requirements American Express says that I am only eligible for 30,000. Initially they told me that there was no offer for that amount. I persisted. I've spoke to about 8 different reps over the last month and they opened an investigation. They claim to have investigated the link I clicked and it was only offering 30k.

I provided them with the email that was sent to me as verification that it was emailed to my address and they checked the POID number which is their internal ID and it was a valid offer for 60k miles. Still they are sticking to their claim that I didn't use that like. Since they claim that their tracking records are so in depth and accurate, I asked for an investigation proving that I had received an offer for 30k and the supervisor said that was not possible and that the decision was final and nothing further could be done. I am thoroughly disappointed in their decision. It is a matter of principle. I'm only asking for what they offered me. I verified what they offered me and I satisfied my requirements. This is the bait and switch and it is unacceptable that they are allowed to treat people this way.

American Express Platinum Card (amex) Company Profile