2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5
Based on 1,209 ratings submitted in the last year

Microsoft Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I worked for Microsoft years ago, and have used Microsoft products for years. Everything that they attempt to do when it come to ANYTHING... in inferior! Amazon has every right to be questioning the government for their last bid for cloud storage! It makes no sense. I can't even go 1 day without at least 60 spam emails and several of them being PHISHING! Microsoft is HORRIBLE!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Had to have a Microsoft account in order to play Minecraft. Which was no biggie. My daughter was playing it for about 2 weeks, I sign into my Microsoft account just to view her account activity. Sign out. She goes back on Minecraft. It wont work. After numerous attempts it finally opens and everything is erased like it's brand fee freshly downloaded. So I call support to figure it out. Waited on hold for 47 minutes just to get a very rude associate who first tried telling me there's no such account with my email. (Mind you I was currently logged into it.) Finally he says, "Oh there it is." Says there's no history. I explain what had happen. He kept repeating how I need to call Google for a refund. Which in no way had I mentioned that. I just wanted to know why I view her activity then all her worlds and profile were gone.

So after repeating his self multiple time I got frustrated asked for a supervisor. After another 25 minutes on hold I get a supervisor who is even rude. Wouldn't not stop talking and listen to anything. Just kept saying you cant use Microsoft on Android tablets. And he cant help me. I clearly know the difference. I have a Microsoft account just so my daughter can play Minecraft. Not impressed one bit with how rude and unprofessional both associates were. That just tells me not to purchase or use anything associated with Microsoft. They are just money hungry, greedy scammer.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Over the past few years we have paid Microsoft $149 per year for tech support.The service was initially good. But has now become destructive. Two days ago my wife's computer had a problem with connecting to the extended monitor. After trying various fixes, the rep then said we should use system restore. I asked if there was any danger of other problems developing from this and he said no it would be fine. It has not been fine and has led to outlook going inoperational. We'll be cancelling our subscription. This is the not the first time in the last year we have had substandard support.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I had to approach Microsoft support recently because of the dead pixel in my new Surface Book 2 (two months old). Over the phone, a gentleman named Sam informed me that I will receive replacement computer shortly and then I will need to send my faulty computer back to them. He made me feel that in this way I will not be out of computer. (Spent around an hour on phone) Then I checked my Microsoft account and understood that I will only receive the item (3-6 business days) after I return the faulty computer. Being Confused, I decided to contact online (live chat).

After 1.5 hours of chatting, Mary Jane told me – An advanced shipping has been arranged. They will hold an amount of 1049$ from my credit card. I agreed. Then they charged 1579$ (Which was 40% more than the price of my current laptop). And I called Microsoft (which always goes to a foreign country, where most of the people thinks New Mexico is a part of Mexico) and got really confused. Now I have a faulty Surface book 2 and more than twice the amount of surface book 2 prices is out from my bank. Really, why did I move from MacBook Pro? I should be punished.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Worst email provided I have ever used. Site takes forever to load and watch out.... If you ever get locked out because of a forgotten password or logging from different IP be prepared to be locked out for 30 days. Worst security system I have ever seen for recovering accounts. This is a problem across the Microsoft/Outlook account(s) such as Skype and not limited to email. Find a better company to use for your email (and for Skype) or trust me.... You will be sorry you didn't listen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I've been an avid user of Outlook (not Outlook.com) since it began in 1996. First when I worked for a corporation, then after I stopped working for corporations and worked from home. Ever since I can remember, once a year, spammers get a hold of one or more of my accounts and starts hammering them with junk mail.

The problem with this is that Outlook is UN-trainable, and legitimate email ends up in that folder. I must go through it for each account to make sure to mark them as not junk. I send & receive tons of emails, so just imagine being in your 60's straining your eyes through emails every day. I don't like Outlook.com and refuse to use it as my email agent; they know this, too.

I used to be able to contact Hotmail support, who somehow closed the gate to this, even though the emails weren't @hotmail.com email addresses. I've done this every year for years. THIS year, I get in a chat session with some fool from India (I know them by their names, as I've worked with tons of them in the computer profession), who starts sending me emails saying they won't do anything about it because they aren't Hotmail email addresses. But, a few months ago, all the emails going to one of my accounts WERE Hotmail email addresses. Somehow this employee managed to remove the designated Hotmail domain name and expose the underlying spamming email address and the onslaught continues.

So, I started sending all the emails back to them from my junk mail folder to abuse(at)hotmail.com and abuse(at)microsoft.com. Old trick I learned long ago. I keep getting messages saying to reveal the source of the emails using Outlook.com. I told them that won't do any good, they ask me to do it anyway, then send me an email saying they won't do anything about it because they aren't Hotmail email addresses. INSANE! Meanwhile, the number of junk mails being sent to that address are increasing by 2, then by 3. I continue sending them back to them. Almost 200 per day for one account.

I look on the internet to attempt to find the Corporate office phone number and end up being sent off to technical support. Well, tech support started this mess and I had no confidence they would do the right thing. I schedule a call-back. To make a long story short, I end up talking to a so-called supervisor (I'm convinced he wasn't now).

After not listening for 30 minutes, now my main account is getting an onslaught of junk mail that I have to go through to find legitimate emails to put back in my inbox. He tells me there is no way to speak with anybody at the Corporate office and now I'm peeved to the hilt. He closes the case immediately, which made me suspicious that he may have been a co-worker of the original guy in the chat session. The same spammer, phisher, etc. can make variations of their email address and get around any rules you create & Outlook's filter; making you manually address the issue if Microsoft won't. That takes a ton of time out of my busy schedule.

All this is to say, tech supports all over the world (and mainly in India & the Philippines) are doing a bunch of shady things. This guy tries to tell me perhaps it was some mistake. Really? Now, they switch to sending crap to my 2 oldest email addresses, which I've had since the early-to-mid 1990s? This has got to stop, and I need to get to the Corporate office to report this. People not giving out information about who they are doesn't help and UGH! I'm changing the companies I do business with the first eAddress this started happening to, to get rid of that one. But, now my primary? I can't get rid of that one. What a crock! I know what they're doing; I was a software consultant, developer, engineer, and was in software tech-support and hardware before that. Since 1978; before PCs were even invented.

They're being intentionally vindictive, and I'm tired of monopolies giving their employees the green light to do anything they want to consumers. FED UP! And, what's with forcing everybody onto Windows 10? I can't stand that Operating System, and mine is stable. My laptop has Windows 10 on it, and I hate it. It's doing too much for savvy users to be comfortable with, but that's another review to write. I am an Office 365 subscriber paying for this nonsense.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

If unkept promises of callbacks, being left on hold for literally hours at a clip, and technicians that log into your machine and destroy your Windoze installation such that you have to shlep your computer down to the Microsoft store to get Windoze reinstalled the realize you've lost much of your data, then this is the company for you! I'm a consultant in the PC industry of 40 years and never seen anything as pathetic as this!

One tech logme-inned to my machine and wound up killing it. Another tech logme-inned to my machine and killed my network printing. Every time, they jumped me out of the frying pan into the fire. Part of the problem here is that you get connected to the Philippines where you can't understand half of what they're saying and they can't understand half of whatever you're saying. It would take me a bunch of hours and many pages to explain what they've done, so I think you get the gist. Companies all over are setting up call centers over there now and need to wake up and realize this is NOT saving them money, but in reality, is pissing off customers and alienating them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I've been talking to support for a total of 10 hours over 2 days and have just been informed i need to wait a week to speak to a technician. This company doesnt care about your experience unless you are actively paying them to do so.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

In August Microsoft locked me out of Outlook for 30 days "for my own protection" because I could not remember my password and one of the two Security measures was to a telephone I no longer have and have not had for several years. I waited the 30 days then contacted customer service again to recover my account. They took me through the exact steps I had taken on my own to recover. I spoke to at least 4 different people after waiting on hold for hours and they each did the same thing. Then told me I would have to wait 30 days. I repeated that I have already waited 30 days. NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. Each person I talked to said someone would contact me at another email to fix it. No one ever did.

I would get a phone call ONE RING that said Microsoft then seconds later would get a message on email that they had tried to contact me but were unable, gave me a phone number to call WHICH WAS A NON WORKING NUMBER! Then sent me a message that they had closed my case. I am so glad they are looking out for my protection and have kidnapped my files, contacts, calendar, much vital information. They have lied to me over and over and over. And I still cannot get into my files. I doubt that I ever will. Microsoft is a horrible company with no customer service at all.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I wanted to have a refund for because I didn't ask for the subscription of Microsoft Office and have never used it. But the customer support was very very bad. Not only that they didn't give me a refund but they really made me upset regarding all the time I spent in vain and the way they treated me. I have only one product and it should be as simple as ever just to receive the money back for something that you never wanted to buy but not at Microsoft.

It took quite some time to find a chat and log in and wait for the person to connect to you. Then for about 20 minutes this employee was asking for more time and for more time and for more time. Every time for 2-3 minutes and did not give any answer until I asked them and it was again. No intention ever to give a refund. After 20 minutes of it I said that, "If you cannot get an answer from people who are responsible for the refund I would like to initiate a chargeback because I do not like when a person at Microsoft is simply lying to me in hope that I will disconnect at some point in time."

At that time they said "yes, it is a better thing for us as we indeed cannot receive an answer from the refund team". Like, are you joking??!! Not giving a refund because the refund team is not answering? Brilliant solution... And a very bad company. 1 out of 5. They earned it. Will try my best to never use Microsoft in the future.

Microsoft Company Information