2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5
Based on 1,463 ratings submitted in the last year

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 in March 2020, as soon as the pandemic shutdowns were announced in NYC and I knew I would need to work from home every day. I ordered directly from the Microsoft store online and paid $1250. As soon as I received the computer, I wasn't able to use it when it wasn't plugged in. It would only last max 3 minutes unplugged. A quick google search and you'll see this is a known issue with Surface Laptops. Microsoft just doesn't care and sells expensive laptops with that issue! Cool. I would have gotten a desktop if it had to always be plugged in...

When I called in the beginning, everyone was useless on the phone. In the summer though, I started having much worse issues. My laptop started going into a crazy blue screen all the time. I would be in the middle of important work meetings and my computer would just randomly crash. Sometimes it would come back in 10 minutes and sometimes it would take the whole day. I called and called and called. Troubleshooting was a joke and no one fixed anything. I also had to wait on hold for multiple hours each time. I got someone on the chat feature who told me that they would honor a return for me when their stores reopened. I even took a screenshot of that.

Months later in the fall, clear that their stores are not reopening anytime soon (even though Apple is opened). So I started calling again. The blue screen craziness started getting worse and more frequent too. They told me that they would not honor that and could care less that I had a screenshot of someone telling me they would. They would only do an exchange (because I have so much faith in Microsoft computers at this point...). I lost a call with the person who was processing this for me. He had all my contact information and just never called me back! I had been on the phone with them literally all day and the hold times were multiple hours. Just no call back.

Now it's December and my computer has completely hit the bed. The blue screen happened and wouldn't come back for days (luckily it was a weekend!). It finally turned back on but all my stuff was gone! My computer must have reset. I had some seriously important documents that are not lost forever because Microsoft. So now here I am calling them again demanding they send me a new functioning computer (although I should be getting a return). Again, I lost a call with someone who I had been on with forever and he just never called me back. I even told him about my prior experiences with that.

I am on now with some lady who sounds like she is 14 years old. Very nice but clearly has no idea what she is doing but reading off certain prompts. I asked to speak to a manager and waited forever before I just let that go. I have been on with them since am and it's 10:30am. They will process an exchange but now I have to add my credit card information to my Microsoft account for them to process the exchange. If the broken computer that they sold to me at full price gets back to them OK, then the hold on the credit card gets removed (supposedly). This is the worst experience I have ever had and I will never recommend anyone get a Microsoft computer. I already talked to my IT team at work who was considered them for a company purchase (they're getting Dells now!). DO NOT PURCHASE FROM MICROSOFT. Their computers are terrible quality & overpriced and their customer service & troubleshooting is atrocious.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Take your money to Apple!! Microsoft Surface (Laptop and Pro 7) are absolutely awful. Brand new Surface pro 7 device was defective so they decided to give send me a refurbished device instead which was also defective. Once I told them the refurbished one they sent me was having charging issues, they refused to send me a brand new device and send me another refurbished device that is having the same issues. Once I informed them, they stopped responding to my emails. I was between Microsoft and Apple and I so wish I would've bought an apple product!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Book 3, 2 in 1 laptop. The unit that I received has a defective screen which was not detected until about a month after the unit was received. After many weeks of getting shuffled around in a customer service system, who seemed to be masters at not being able to connect in person I was advised that there is nothing they would do for me since it involved a defective screen. Had I cracked the screen myself I certainly would certainly take accountability and not have wasted countless hours trying to rectify the situation. Please don't make the same mistake that I did. Do not buy Microsoft Computer products!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I purchased MSFS2020 and can't play it. My phone time is in excess of four and one-half hours and when one agent has read through their book and can't solve the problem they transfer you to someone else and you have to start all over again explaining the problem. I have spent 3 hours with Xbox agents who agree it is Windows problem. When they transfer me to a Windows agent and I again explain the problem the agent says he will have to transfer me back to Xbox to solve the problem. And on and on it goes back and forth. When I ask to speak to a supervisor they hang up on me or deflect and say a supervisor isn't available. I thought Comcast had the worst customer service. I was wrong. MS took my money but I can't use what I paid for.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Anyone interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit regarding internet connectivity issues with Windows 10 and HP laptops? No amount of tech service money could fix this issue. I have tech services with Office Depot and they could not fix this issue. I replaced my Centurylink router and that did not fix the issue. No other computer in our home or office had this connectivity issue -- only the HP laptop which I purchased in October for $800.00. When I researched the issue myself -- on the internet -- I learned that many others were having the very same issues with their HP computers and Windows 10. If you are interested in joining me please find me and email me. Thank you,

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Skipping past the bugs and performance issues introduced by the Xbox app in a lazy attempt to make this PC game play on Xbox, the software itself has limited functionality due to the design of the Xbox app. Despite the fact that I have purchased 2 digital copies of this game (for me and my partner) my partner cannot play this game under his profile on my laptop without installing the software a second time. Multiple calls to both Xbox and Microsoft support have not yielded a solution, but I was given incorrect information, told I had to "uninstall the product" from my Xbox, got hung up on, and was promised 2 calls from managers that never happened. I will never purchase another product from the Xbox app again, ever. I've never had any such problems with the Steam platform.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I noticed when I had to reset my PC yesterday, and I went to put Microsoft 365 back on my PC (I had already purchased 365) that it wasn't in my purchase history. I had gotten ahold of a lady online, who was no help, that I had to try and see if I had another account, and in doing so, I was kicked off the chat. So I repurchased Microsoft 365 at a monthly fee. Today, I try and sign into another account I might have, and it was locked because Microsoft said I was in violation of user agreement. Seriously. I am only using Microsoft still because of school in the future. If this crap keeps up they might lose a customer because this is **. I sent feedback to Microsoft and hopefully they respond. But Seriously?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

For the past 8 months, I have been getting a charge to one my cards for $15.90 that I do not know what it is for. I reached out to Microsoft requesting a refund and they literally make you jump through hoops to confirm the charges. I spoke with Stephanie I. at Microsoft and at one point in our "negotiations" (3 weeks) they charged me yet again! I got upset, wrote an email back and asked them to refund me or get a lawyer. Now I know it was probably not wise to say that, but I am single parent on a limited income, so every penny counts. Wouldn't you know they closed my case and still have not given me a refund. I may have to use MS products at work, but I will NEVER use them on my home pc. Microsoft can bite it and have lost a customer for life. I hope that sits well with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Microsoft is being really Inconsiderate right now! I have one child. ONE! And I can not get my hands on a console! Went to the pre-release day and was told they only had 5 tickets. FIVE tickets for a city with over 100,00 people. You can not find them anywhere, they released them at Midnight! Us working parents are sleeping! No stores can tell you when and if they are getting more. So 95% of the USA Will be without the new Xbox in the middle of a pandemic! I guess I will have a sad child for Christmas because the one dang thing he wants momma can not find! Because of the manufacturing company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Can't cancel Microsoft 365 family... Tried to cancel it when they charged me $103 and it said it couldn't be canceled. Now support can't be reached or anything!! Tried contacting them every day but they won't respond. Horrible experience.

Microsoft Company Information