2. Miscellaneous

4.0/5 (2347 ratings)

About Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: July 24, 2021

To start off, I’ve had a bad experience with Microsoft so far. I switched from a Mac computer to a Surface book 3. From the start of getting my surface book 3 I’ve experience issues with a notification coming across my screen constantly stating that it has been detached even though I didn’t click the detach button. Furthermore, my computer consistently shut on and off. Now my computer refuses to turn on. I also find it difficult when scheduling an appointment for repair. I would say this is one of the worst services I’ve had at Microsoft. I probably will not recommend anyone to purchase a Microsoft product. I won’t even purchase another Microsoft product.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Every time there's an update it ruins my computer. Everything has to be reset; programs, sign-ins, etc. It never fails; they always fail. I'm going to an alternative. Microsoft wastes a lot of my time.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I have tried 6 days straight to get issue fixed with my very old live.com account and have been unable to get any help. I do not know password, and cannot do anything to fix account because I don't know it.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I have a unique situation and need to speak to a person. There is NO ONE. Everything is self help online. So is this now another business that has let all their employees go and the computers are running the show? Between self check-outs and self help customer service, where are people going to work? Terrible!!!

Original review: June 16, 2021

I woke up to an offer from Microsoft to use more of their tools. I am a Google Girl because the tools and service have been much easier to navigate, but the offer looked interesting. As a remote business owner, I love good tools and ways to make daily tasks easier, so finally, I gave in. Now, I sign in to Microsoft every morning to access my laptop. And I also use Edge as the portal for my carriers.

The nightmare I began went on for 2 hours. Receiving passcodes, signing in for authentication, getting another passcode, being told I was already signed in, to being told my password was wrong. And we went around and around and around. So I went to get help. OH MY GOD!! You would have thought I was trying to get through to the president. Once I get to them, they immediately want to climb aboard. NO, I have too many Social security numbers and private information from my clients. I have not a clue where who and what would be signing on, and you know you never know if they remain. Then they want me to reset my password. WHY?? it works every day? In fact, I was signed into my Microsoft account.

Then finally the rep disconnected from the chat after I waited 25 minutes for him to arrive. I have been a PC girl since the 1980s, but I hate all of the Microsoft products. I wanted to like them but today proved my point. Horrible customer service, if you can get them! Products that don't work as promised, still to this day, but they beg me every day to make them my default. My mistake, I should have known better. But I will remember today for a very very long time. Google is Superior!!!

Original review: June 10, 2021

Microsoft Windows support would not give me enough time to answer their before they asked another one. Asked for more time. Got nothing. Disabled and can not type fast enough. No help at all. Have to hire someone now.

Original review: May 14, 2021

My email account was locked after I forgot the password. I went through the forgot password process and it asked me for info on the last four emails I sent, but didn't sent any. And they can't even hire a teenager to help me fix this, just stuff the details into a bot who sends me an email saying can't help ya, but you can try again with more details. I only used the account purchase games for my Microsoft computer and Xbox, now when I get my better gaming computer I will have to repurchase most of the games (bless Origin and Steam for being separate from this mess). I'm mad, tired and sick. And they can't even spare 20 min to help me fix this. Fluff you microsoft.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Long story short my son's Xbox Account was hacked and the person used my credit card on file to purchase a GTA shark card and gifted it to themselves on their account. When I contacted Microsoft about getting my $100 refunded the representative on live chat assured me it could be resolved and I had to submit a claim. Ok, great! No problem. Submitted the claim and got an automatic email back saying because of the type of item purchased, it's non refundable. Ok, NOT ACCEPTABLE. I replied to the email asking for a supervisor to contact me... no reply. I chatted with another online agent who told me to try again, so I filed a claim and same thing happened. I responded to the email 3 or 4 times just to get back another automatic response that said the case was closed.

I have emailed no less than 14 times with no results. I took to Twitter and was messaging with a customer service team who basically said it's another department that handles it and they can't help that I need to reply to the email and ask for it to be reviewed again. It's been over a week with no results. I filed a dispute with my credit card company but there is no guarantee that I can get my money back that way either. I feel defeated. I don't have an extra $100 laying around to just throw away like that, especially when we did not make the purchase or authorize the purchase. Cards have been removed from the account and passwords have been changed. I know the account name of the hacker since they gifted it to themselves and it showed up in my email, but yet Microsoft is unwilling to do anything for me.

Original review: May 2, 2021

Microsoft Windows based products are archaic garbage. Microsoft sucks and should be put out of business by the federal government for the low quality and poor security of their products. CHROMEBOOKS are the only way to go these days.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Microsoft (Xbox) there is no live customer service. The phone number routes you to a website then hangs up on you. You cannot access the online forum without signing into your account first. Can't sign into account, when you are locked out of the account. The entire process is futile. For a company charging the consumers $400 + a gaming system you should have a live person available in your CS departments. The recovery process should not be so difficult and the forms should be reviewed by a person not by an automated service.

Microsoft Company Information