2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5
Based on 1,672 ratings submitted in the last year

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: July 9, 2020

I sent my Surface Pro 6 in to get a hinge fixed. This isnt the first time I've sent a Surface Pro in the first time being a shattered screen which the computer was replaced. I was understanding of that due to how bad the screen was but for the hinge only a tiny thing needed to be fixed but the computer was replaced without even the consideration of transferring the data. The computer was working just fine and if I had known that they would be lazy and just replace the computer without even transferring the data I would have kept the computer and not bothered. This company cares more about the money than the actual customers and unless you like constantly transferring data yourself don't go with this company when it comes with repairs. If the computer works fine don't bring it in because it will just be replaced.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Customer service and your processes truly suck. I purchased a Surface Pro 7 in March in store and then you guys closed the store the next week. I had issues after one month. I waited thinking you guys would open up the retail stores and then you closed them. I went through all the remote repair options and then was ready to actually put a hold on my account in order to get a refurbished unit back. I was ok with that even though I do not buy anything second hand and the fact I went through.

Original review: June 19, 2020

When I was having a problem with my computer, I went to Microsoft Support (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/virtual-agent/) for help. Since the Virtual Agent doesn't help much, I just type in Agent, so I can talk to a person that helps. When I got my agent, I told them what the problem was. They came up with an article, I read it and followed the instructions, but it didn't help. So I said, "It didn't work, is there another way to fix this?" They said "Yes", then put it in. I followed the instructions for that, and it still didn't work.

By then I just wanted the problem fixed because it has been going on for hours. I then said to the agent, "Is there any thing else that works? The article and the instructions didn't work." Guess what, they said "No, those are the only solutions that I know." I said to the agent, "There is more solutions? Why do you only know those solutions?" The agents response was, "Yes there is more, but those are then only ones I know." I just gave them a review of 1 star, left, signed out of that account, then signed into a different Microsoft account. I asked the same question, got a different agent. They came up with more solutions, and the 4th one worked.

I then got another issue, and asked the same agent, and they couldn't find a solution. Only one came up for them. I said "So there is only one solution, or you just don't want to help me, like the last agent?" They then said, "There is more solutions, just I couldn't find them. Other agent?" I said, "So... there is more solutions, but you don't know them? The other agent sucked, didn't want to help me." I gave them a review of 3 stars because they helped with one solution, but not the other. I asked again, (second issue) guess what, I got the solution, after 3 agents, I got it, gave all agents except the last one a 3 stars or less. Last one got 5 stars, and a testimonial. I'm never using Microsoft Support again, they didn't want to help me.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I have now been on hold for 4 hours, the workers there say they need to put me on hold for 5 mins, then never come back to the phone. They have done this to me 3 times now. NO RESPECT FOR PEOPLE!!!! I guess Microsoft is too big to care about us little customers. I am still on hold right now. Finally they picked up, and because I was upset she hung up on me. This is the Bellevue Washington location. I will be filing a Better Business Bureau complaint today, maybe they will care about that!

Original review: June 12, 2020

Don't ever get things from Microsoft! After 1.5 years of light use, my laptop's touch screen stopped working completely after 2 weeks of random overheating. I kid you not, my touchpad felt hot, to the point where my fingers were feeling tingly and prickly from the heat. And I used this laptop mostly in my room, especially recently because of the Covid quarantine. This laptop was never dropped, and it was used very carefully.

To get my touch screen fixed, I spent the whole day talking to 3 different customer service agents, only for them to tell me in the end that I need to pay $450 for a replacement device that is refurbished. Let me say that again. I need to pay out of my own pocket for a refurbished device, in addition to the $1000+ that I already spent on my laptop and its functions that I assumed would last me longer than 1.5 years. All because Microsoft couldn't make quality products. Microsoft has horrible customer support, and if you are thinking of buying anything from them, prepare to shell out way more money than you initially spent to actually purchase the product. And pray that your devices don't randomly break on you because they won't help you at all.

Original review: May 19, 2020

The worst unprofessional experience anyone can ever have! They would always transfer you, and telling you to hold, ask for your call back number, and then hang you up callously. Other times, they'll tell you that you called the wrong extension, and would transfer you again, and again, again, till they'll hang you up, or worst transfer to an extension nobody would ever answer.

Saddest experience in my lifetime. This is the 3rd time in 2 years Surface laptop would die or malfunction in my hand, and getting a replacement would be a terrifying nightmare. You'll ever regret encountering Microsoft ONLINE customer service. Avoid them as you would avoid coronavirus. You would regret your life dealing with them, you'll spend UNTOLD hours on phone, all futile. If they keep a hold on your credit card to ship you a replacement, it would take God's grace, tens and tens of hours of futile phone calls, and months of painful waiting to get back your money. Worst customer experience in my 40+_ life on earth. Rating is minus zero.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I purchased my laptop and was very happy with it, everything worked great and I had absolutely no issues until I upgraded to Windows 10. I live in a rural area and I have to use a hotspot for my internet. I also do not have unlimited data and the data I have is shared between two phones and my hotspot. Unlimited data does not work where I live because once you reach 22gb they slow down your internet and being so rural that means basically my computer does nothing but spin and I can't load pages so I have to keep the package I have in order to have a strong enough signal to make my computer load the pages.

With Windows 10 you can pick a time frame during a 24 hour period for your updates but you can not stop the updates, you have no control over updates not being downloaded until a time that works for you period! This cost me money, it causes me to go over on my data. I can take my laptop to work and use WiFi and it does not use my personal data but rarely am I able to do that before Windows goes ahead and updates it anyway since I normally do not know when an update is in the works. In addition to this issue I prefer to pick what browser I use and I don't want Bing, I get everything set up the way I want and very often the next update will change my browser back to Bing and they set to load on startup.

I have a busy life and use my computer mainly to pay bills, it's very frustrating when you had everything set up the way you prefer and when you start your computer Windows has change your startup and your browser and you have to take the time to go and reset everything and since they keep changing "everything" it's not always easy to find how to remove Bing from your startup and to remove it as your default browser. They also push the Microsoft Edge and continue putting it on my startup as well, something else that I do not want.

In other words if you're ok with them taking control away from you with what browser you want as a default and what is on your startup and if you have unlimited data this may not be an issue for you but for me it's a big issue. I have written them multiple times about this and nothing has changed. All I have gotten was how to remove Bing and Edge from my startup however a update or few later it's back. Recently my husband bought a new laptop and because of price he had to get one with Windows 10, we hoped maybe they had changed some of the issues that I don't care for but he's having the same problems.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I bought a Surface Pro, Keyboard, and Stylus on April 16th. Spent $1500 at the Microsoft store and received my Keyboard and Stylus within 2 business days like they advertise. However, tomorrow is May and I still have not received my device. I've called everyday for the last 8 days in a row to resolve this issue. They will not let me cancel my order nor will they ship my device. It's been escalated to the Billing Dept for 8 days and they keep saying to please wait another 24 hours....day after day after day. They ensured me 4 times now the issue has been resolved and the device is in the mail but cannot provide tracking or a reference number. I had no other choice but to file a police report for fraud so my bank could release the hold from Microsoft to get my money back. Still waiting to receive my money back. Returned the Keyboard and Stylus since they was useless without the device itself.

According to wonderful Microsoft I will not have my money returned until May 8th. To summarize I spent a fortune with Microsoft and never received my computer. Had to return the accessories and will not have any of the $1500 I spent back until May 8th at the earliest...Almost one month after trying to purchase a computer from them and had to file a police report since Microsoft absolutely refuses to cancel or provide the computer that's needed for my child's school. Buy from anyone other than Microsoft. I could have had a computer weeks and weeks ago if I would have bought something from Amazon, HP, Dell, Apple, or anyone other than awful Microsoft.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Obviously Bill Gates is spending all his time, effort and money on his worldwide vaccine program because he isn't paying any attention or spending any of his billions on fixing any of Microsoft's support issues. Can't believe how hard it is to get any support when what you purchased doesn't work and you need tech support. Chat function doesn't work and is just frozen. Sitting on hold forever, if you're lucky enough to actually find a number to call. Tells you as a business customer were to sign into your account online and then click on a popup for help to have someone call you back and there is no popup window.

Purchase something and they transfer you to tech to set it up and give you a number to call in case you get disconnected and, of course, after waiting for 30 mins on hold I get disconnected and when I call the number and wait another 20 minutes I get someone who can barely speak English, interrupts me all the time when I'm trying to tell him how to find my account and then he can't even find my account. Has to call me back once then says he will call me back again and it's already been over 20 minutes. WTF!!!! How does a big company like Microsoft get away with such disgraceful tech support?

Original review: April 16, 2020

What’s the point of have a tech service that doesn’t actually repair anything on your computer. The worst part is they want you to pay them when you already paid that for the dumb product. It’s insulting. There is no way that they think it’s a great idea to have something that doesn’t work because it’s broken and instead of just keep putting it out actually making something that works.

Microsoft Company Information