1.2/5 (36 ratings)

About Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

Microsoft Edge/Microsoft Updates are forced on most laptops/desktops. I have tested and proven that Microsoft Edge raises laptop/desktop temperature 30 degrees. While installed and playing a game, my laptop temps averaged 97 degrees. After deleting Microsoft Edge and its related properties as well as suspending its updates, the same game ran at 60 degrees. Edge runs in the background even when closed, as well as Phone Link. The increase in heat would damage your system, if playing resource intense games. Microsoft Updates/EDGE should not be forced on the consumer for this reason.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Called for help with low brightness of display 5 days ago. 3 days, and 4 techs later, I discovered it was my monitor causing issues. They never asked me to check that, or did so themselves while they had control of my computer! During that time I had techs update, download, and destroy my Windows 10 operating system. 2 days ago I was sent to a "level 2" tech, and over the course of the past 2 days, I was advised to do this, and check that, and the tech taking control of my desktop PC 4 times, and finally advising me of many problems with my system, and PC, which did not exist before the first tech touched my Computer.

I believe Microsoft, in the greed which so obviously motivates them, no longer cares about fixing their product flaws, and instead wants to make you buy a new operating system, to download the latest software, update to a "newer" computer, etcetera! I now sit with a computer which has NO SOUND (since the 2nd day tech started things which have made my computer useless to me!!!!) I think I will have to go to Macintosh route from now on, as MS cares less, and is motivated ONLY BY GREED!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

My son made an unauthorized purchase yet when I called Microsoft to try and trace his purchase they would not help me so they were basically being accessories to my son committing fraud. And he is a minor too besides so I as the parent was trying to figure out whose credit card he used and they wouldn’t do anything!! Instead the guy tried to tell me how to parent my child instead of helping the situation so my son got away with fraud and Microsoft is ok with people stealing from them too apparently. So minors get away with stealing credit cards and making unauthorized purchases online. This state is ridiculous and so is bail reform. Microsoft does not care about their customers.!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I purchased 3 Microsoft surface tablets for my children. Pro 4; Pro 6 and Pro8. They all broke and gave issues within 1 year and had to be returned. The Pro 4 tablet did not offer a extended warranty plan and after paying almost 600.00 for the tablet it is now holding a trade in value of 6.43. Even if it worked, the value is on 45.00. My Fire HP which I paid less than 300 for has had no issues and is now 4 years old. It has out lasted and outperformed Microsoft which seem to be a complete RipOff to the consumer. Buyer BeWare: Do Not Buy Microsoft!!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I have used MS for years but I think I may have to change my view of the world. It doesn't seem to me the MS cares about retaining their customers anymore now that they have the Lion share of the market! Since I changed my 365 from the US region to the Latin American region, at MS request, I have had nothing but problems! Everyone at MS talks a good game. But nothing ever gets resolved. I will be moving all my One Drive to Google Drive.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I would give negative 5 stars, this doesn't deserve to exist, it keeps on banning the websites I use. I wouldn't say I like this website. Its creations are trash and I hate everything about it. My parents force me to use it, even though I support google. Worst search engine ever.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

Last week my screen went completely black and I had no functionality even though I had power. I had to make two trips to the Best Buy store located in Grand Junction. They updated my computer. Now I find my mouse is non-functional. I attempted to contact Microsoft twice-but they either ignored me-or kept sending me to "settings" which was total nonsense. This is a company I view as similar to Twitter nowadays. They intentionally create a problem, then refuse to correct it. I am guessing they want to me to spend more money on another brand new computer only so they can (again) place barriers that would cause my computer to to be non-functional again. My opinion is that Microsoft is just as corrupt as other companies who agitate for more profits in lieu of selling a credible product.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

First of all, if I could give negative stars I would. I purchased a Surface Pro 8 for college through Costco 6 months ago. I got a standard warranty with it, but they failed to tell me that the standard warranty doesn’t cover physical damage (cracked screen, liquid damage, etc.). I contacted them to try and get a replacement and they told me that I needed to purchase the complete warranty within the first two weeks of purchasing it, because the standard warranty doesn’t cover that. First of all, Costco failed to tell me that there was even another warranty option for physical damage. I received a reward card that has almost enough to cover the out-of-warranty repair, but they said they couldn’t use two different cards to pay for the replacement, and the people at customer service were so unhelpful.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

'Boy what as bad idea that was! I clicked on 'delete **'. And clicked on 'add new number'. I added my new number to show the last four numbers, '**'. Then, it happened, the Microsoft security note said that it will need to verify my number to make sure it was 'ME' doing the change. But it was going to text my old phone number. That phone and the number was disconnected from my phone service. So, the number and the phone were both no longer valid! I clicked 'If you do not have any of these, use the 'authenticator' app. But the authenticator app is on my old phone, and that is no good. And the 'authenticator app' that is on my new phone is not valid because Microsoft will not use it because Microsoft can not verify that it is ME who is changing my number!

I have tried for now 5 days, trying my best to log onto my 'good' laptop. But now, thanks to Microsoft, my use to be 'good' laptop has now crashed and burned because Microsoft has restricted EVERY site that is controlled by Microsoft....which means, EVERY site! I have three regular size laptops and one small 'Acer' that I can't use because Microsoft will not let me update the friggin 4 numbers!!! I have called the Microsoft main phone numbers, but NO ONE who works for Microsoft can help me...."It's a 'security' issue"! And the recording on Microsoft website tells you, 'if you have a technical issue, go to help.microsoft.com and it will be addressed'....THAT IS BULL! The site shows NOWHERE that offers help! Monday morning, the 19th of December, Microsoft will get a phone call from a VERY perturbed user! Microsoft has the monopoly on internet sites, and if you have a problem....well, their motto is...."sucks to be you".

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I have 3 surface laptops, 2 of which have had spots appear on screen which eventually lock the laptop. I have recut the laptops and tried everything I can find with no luck. The closest I came to resolving it was to disable the touch screen and that only worked until another issue appeared. Eventually both laptops were continually locking and became unusable. This is a common issue with these laptops and Microsoft needs to deal with it.

Microsoft Company Information