1.05/5
Based on 123 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

853 Microsoft Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 8, 2018

As a 71 year old woman with poor hearing, marginal eyesight and who types with one arthritic finger, I use my computer for a lot of life's needs. My computer reads back to me and I can enlarge most things on the screen, however, Microsoft seems incapable of these accommodations. Of course they are holding me up to "renew a subscription" to be able to use MS Word and other apps that I formerly had been able to purchase outright. Furthermore, as a former college professor, recently retired, I had staff available to sort out downloading and other issues.

Now I am on my own and after numerous attempts to work through the online purchase process, I called the MS help desk. I explained my challenges to a nice young person, I think in the Philippines: 1) I cannot read the double lined, jammed-together letters which are not on a straight line - they are purposely designed to be unreadable by humans, I gather; 2) and when I pushed for the auto-audio icon, a series of words erupted very speedily; 3) I am a single digit typist with arthritis, so could not possibly keep up with the robot speaking the words I was supposed to type.

Sooo... nice young man whose name was unpronounceable, proceeded to transfer me to someone who could provide another option. I gently explained my challenges again to this young person, with a strong accent and inexplicable name - Hirang??- who promptly hung up on me. I was not rude, but my frustration may have winnowed through. Naturally, once again I was cornered into calling and paying a local IT guy - I live in a remote town of 500 in the middle of a three million acre national forest and at least 1.5 hours from just about anywhere. (I have had to call support with other issues that MS says they will fix for free if I just come into their office in Phoenix, Arizona. I can see distance to drive, but that is more than a 3 hour drive for me.)

To my mind these attempts to get money from consumers are at best unethical swindles and at worst fraud. I thought I BOUGHT the MS Office package with each of my computers, so if I am not able to access a free in-person fix, why can they not skip the fees for online assistance through the support desk. Now, MS Edge messages inform me of malware taking all my financial data and requires me to call and pay big bucks to fix it if lest they are "forced" to shut down my computer. (Feels almost like some kind of retribution.) I know this is not really MS, but neither does MS protect me from this kind of malware. This is one of the issues they say they will fix for free if only I will drive the three hours to Phoenix (one-way).

Several years ago I vowed never to buy another MS Product over similar issues, and my three or four purchased devices since then have not been MS. How can I divest myself of dependence on this company altogether. Apple is not the solution as according to my friends they struggle with it, and besides, it is too expensive.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I received my credit card bill and noticed charges for Microsoft Xbox, which I do not use. There were hundreds of dollars in charges. I called Microsoft. Apparently they outsource to the Philippines. I was on the phone for an hour and a half. I verified my name, address, phone number and credit card number but because I couldn't provide the email address of the person who stole my information both the agent and the supervisor I spoke with, refused to help me. The agent told me "I'm on your side. We will refund the charges."

The supervisor absolutely refused to help me. I told her, "So you're protecting the person who is stealing my money and committing fraud with my card?" She kept trying to get me to say that I had a child who got ahold of my card and opened the account and if that was the case THEN they could refund my money. She wanted me to lie for some reason? The call was supposedly monitored for quality purposes so I told her, "The agent I spoke with said your company would give me my money back." She said they would have to listen to the call. I know they aren't going to do that. They helped someone commit fraud and kept my money.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 30, 2018

Windows 10 Spring Update Build 1803 has done irreversible damage to my desktop computer. This is a commercial computer with Windows 10 Enterprise, both the software and the computer itself cost over $5,000.00 to build and deploy. So far this update has cost over $50,000.00 in downtime and repairs, and it still is not repaired. I had done a fresh install of the operating system this morning June 30, 2018, during reboot the computer would not boot to Windows, instead it has booted to Diagnostic Mode and will not go to me login screen. I did a fresh install last night June 29, 2018, and the same results. That install was less than five days old and crashed on a netio.sys faulty driver that destroyed my disk, making it completely unusable.

Microsoft's response from my BBB complaint was that I bear 100% of the risk of using their products and services, and Microsoft will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to customers computers. All customer service calls are routed to foreign countries, and severely broken English. They are of no assistance, they are only going off a script. Microsoft is one of the most horrible companies to do business within this country if not the world. Bill Gates would be proud.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I bought a brand new Surface Book 1 in 2016 Boxing Day and received it on 2017. When you pay 2400 AUD for a product you want to make sure the product works well and long. Microsoft offered only a one year guaranty. Well I thought they are so confident about their product that they don't see a reason to offer a longer guarantee. All of the sudden my Surface Book had a hardware problem only after 18 months! I should add that I keep my stuff very carefully, my previous laptop, which I bought much cheaper, worked for 7 years and I sold it after buying this one. So, the first feeling I had was that my trust has been betrayed by Microsoft.

But it was not the end of story, I tried to get it fixed and it was then that I felt so disvalued as a customer. Believe it or not, Microsoft has no technical support in a city as big as Melbourne! This is so while they sale huge number of their product here. So I had to go to a three weeks process of diagnosing via phone with a technician in the US and finally they told me that the problem is with hardware and it costs 600 USD, roughly 800 AUD, to refurbish my laptop! And it only has 90 days guarantee after that.

Original review: June 28, 2018

After updating I had to reboot my computer. I have downloads from my university but they are not compatible with this new version. I talked to Alex most likely from India, and he accused me of looking for a free service "there is no such thing as a free lunch" he stated. Windows 10 upgrade forced me to reboot my computer which was stuck for days in an infinite loop of previous Windows version update. I explained to him that it is not free, it is included with the tuition. I wish there was something else than Windows, and Microsoft as common tools. Such a bad experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: June 26, 2018

An automatic Windows 10 update (I hate Windows 10) caused my keyboard and mouse to become nonfunctional. (Screen stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout screen".) Day after day I've spend hours on the phone. Each day, a different person tells me a different thing. First, I was sent a media creation tool, which was supposed to fix it. When I called back to complete the process, I was told this would not work and they need to send out a technician. I was told to go get a cash card to pay the technician they will send out. Waiting around for the technician, I called to follow up. Was told they never send out technicians and there's nothing in the notes about this. I'm supposed to take my PC to a Microsoft store for fixing. There are none in my town. Ridiculous! I hate Microsoft. Hate Windows 10.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Microsoft UK disabled my software claiming wrongly that I had not paid subscription. A letter to them was returned demanding a copy of a letter that they had sent in receipt of my subscriptions. Emails are returned saying that the address is not monitored. So nobody will answer. Phone calls repeat ad nauseam a long mantra saying the call will be recorded. Only you never get through. After pressing a whole series of buttons on the phone, it asks you to wait, with more irritating messages. But after 5 minutes it switches off. Do not lease this product. Microsoft UK service is the worst in the western world. They despise their users. Their real customers are the PC makers.

Updated on 06/22/2018: Having finally got through to someone at the Microsoft shop call center - which covers the whole of Asia, Africa and Europe, I got a Chinese lady. After four attempts she still could not understand my email address. I put it in phonetic (alpha, bravo, charlie... zulu) which any English speaker can understand. She complained that the line was bad. But my end was perfect. I could not understand much of what she said because she gabbled at very high speed, as some do in Hong Kong. I asked her to slow down. But instead she told me that I cannot speak English (I am English by birth) and hung up. Microsoft despises its users and wastes so much of their time.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've got an old computer that got hit with a virus. I had to reinstall Windows, using the recovery disc that came with the computer. The product key isn't working. Got on the phone with customer service. They were very rude. They were very difficult to understand (thick Indian accents) but the call center was so loud I could hear the other techs as well. That's fine, and I tried to be polite. However, when I asked the woman to repeat what she said, mostly due to me being hard of hearing, she got very rude with me, even telling me to speak English better. To add to the rudeness, when the problem couldn't be resolved, which has resulted in me being unable to do much of anything with this computer, she recommended I go back to where I bought the computer years ago, and have them fix it because, "it is not our problem if your key is invalid." Very unhappy with their tech support.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I had a technical question. I had a series of values that clearly did not add to zero, yet that was what shown on the spreadsheet - zero. How could that be. I am a home user. What I clearly learned was that Microsoft really could care less about home users. I paid the annual, service charge of $99 but when push came to shove, I received no value. I spent a total of over 7 hours constantly being redirected, waiting, receiving no answer at the redirected phone and then starting over again. On one call my phone ran out of battery and the call was automatically ended. every person I talked with had no idea how to fix the problem. One time I was given phone number that was the phone number to a fax machine. I finally gave up. A few weeks later I received an e-mail from Microsoft asking about the quality of their servia ce. I complained that it was terrible and did not resolve the issue. I never heard back.

I've been using Excel ever since it came out. In fact, I tested the pre-release initial version. If I could easily change to another vendor, I would, but I have too many complicated workbooks don't have total compatibility with the Apple spreadsheet program. Maybe the government needs to step in and require Microsoft to divest of its spreadsheet, word and PP programs for home users. This company could then compete with Microsoft for the home user market. I ended up having to pay an independent technician to solve the issue. No longer will I purchase the Microsoft annual service charge.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My account was "temporarily" suspended as a result of a selfish jerk who had access to my account reporting it after I finally locked him out of it. I submitted multiple -- so many, oh so many -- requests to have it unsuspended, only. "... [w]e received your service request and after review, I found Two-Step Verification (TSV) has been enabled on the account. Unfortunately, when TSV is turned on, we are unable to assist with an account recovery as TSV takes the account recovery completely out of control of customer service... The only option we have is to permanently suspend this account to prevent any further use of the account. I have verified that the account is suspended and will remain so. Although this may not be the resolution you were expecting, unfortunately, it is the only resolution we can provide."

They can't unsuspend my account, which they suspended, because I have a security feature on it? And now they have to completely permanently suspend it to "prevent any further use of the account"? Well, yeah. I received this message twice in my first ticket, because I thought it was the result of a miscommunication. Now, 2 months and 5 more tickets (with no response at all, mind you) later (and several reopenings of those tickets, again with no response) and... I get that same message again. Well, a response! An automated response, likely, but... a response.

If this is true, that my account really cannot be unsuspended, even from a "temporary" suspension, because of TSV being enabled, then it really is the poorest of planning on Microsoft's part. It is absolutely infuriating that I've been told this after two months of fruitless attempts to get my account back, and all due to some selfish jerk who thought my account was his. And why am I saying "temporary" suspension? Well, because it's been two months since my account has been suspended, and every time I log in it says the exact same thing. No length of time specified, just.. "your account has been temporarily suspended." Alongside all this, I've even contacted live support! And... they tried. Most of them, at least. Again, fruitless.

All in all, I'd recommend never enabling TSV on your Microsoft account, lest you be suspended... "temporarily." And then you can never, ever get your account back! Because either the customer support team is absolutely full of morons, or Microsoft itself is full of morons who don't understand that sometimes people want their accounts back after a suspension.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My laptop is barely 1 year old. It came with Windows 10. Recently the Windows 10 upgrade ran and ever since my computer has not worked properly. Every couple of minutes I get a low disc (D) issue. It tells me to click on it but nothing happens. When I look try to clean up space my computer says things are clean. My speaker icon on the bottom right no longer works. My screen goes blank, I have to hit the power button and turn it off and on. The camera for sign on only works part of the time. I'm not a techie so it is hard to try all of the tips for fixing things. This is a totally unacceptable situation and I shouldn't have to spend money to fix something that the biggest company on the planet messed up. It's impossible to get Microsoft to help and you can never be sure that the Microsoft representative isn't a fraud.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have used Windows for quite some time, but I have never seen something on this level of disregard for the individuals and businesses that pay for their product. I hope there will be an option in the future to allow for 0 stars, and I think my stories below will make it clear why. On two separate occasions, Windows 10 began updating while I was in the middle of critical operations or attempting to get a heavy amount of work done.

1. The first occasion occurred when I was out at a job site performing a small fix to their master PLC. This master PLC controls at least 9+ remote PLCs. The overall control network is for the local water municipality. I had turned off the Wi-Fi on the laptop I was using days earlier to prevent any type of update from occurring. The OS was popping the typical warning that it "needed to update", but I did not have the time for this nor did I for one very good reason: There are PLC programs on my computer that I absolutely cannot risk Windows making some arbitrary change to in the background. This would put my job (and possibly lives) at risk because situations do occur in my line of work which are time critical and a program must operate exactly as you have known it to do.

During the process of downloading the Ladder Logic to the master PLC, the Windows 10 OS locks me out of my desktop and starts a forced update. The entire update process (reboots included) took at least 45 minutes. During this time, I have no idea if the program inside the PLC has been corrupted somehow. Waterworks are critical to human survival. If a program was corrupted during download, it is possible to have program which operates the connected PLC/machines in very undesirable ways. To make matters worse, I had a co-worker outside in the heat who was waiting on me to get the changes made. I couldn't easily have told him to come inside either; he was at a remote location and we only had one vehicle (which was with me).

There are some PLCs that, when downloading a program to them, are actively assembling the incoming data for instantaneous execution upon completion of the build. It was fortunate that this PLC had a separate memory area to store incoming information which checks the integrity of the data before loading it into the execution side. Another big note is that Windows should never have updated or acquired one without my Wi-Fi running. That is very troubling.

2. Today, 5/31/18, I was attempting to boot up an HMI that needs to be completed for a customer. These programs are more sensitive to any changes Windows updates makes because the inner coding of the programs depends upon their provided frameworks (to give an example, NetBIOS and .net Framework). After what I believed to be an unrelated issue with the HMI not finding a certain file, I tried to reboot the computer thinking it needed a refresh on the data. Knowing that Windows would eventually force me to update, and most likely when I'm in the middle of something big, I decided to let the OS update. After the obscene time it took to get the update installed, the computer would continually fail (aka "encounter a problem") and force a reboot.

After 4 failures in a row, I forced the computer off and back on to bring up its "failed boot options" (I don't know the exact name for it). In the advanced options, I chose to restore Windows to the previous version. This at least allowed me to boot the OS and log on. The system has been stable for the time being. I'm assuming that "previous version" means "the version prior to the most recently installed updates".

I cannot comfortably recommend Windows to any customers of ours anymore. What is more troublesome is the combination of not being able to permanently stop updates from taking place & industrial control programs that will only operate on a Win10 core library. I've actually become a Linux user due to the constant failings of the Win10 platform and will be heavily vocalizing my opinions to the Ladder Logic/HMI program writers for Linux-native versions. If that should come about, then I will be pushing for my company to utilize Linux over Windows for stability and OS control reasons. For those who may not be familiar; a PLC is a Programmable Logic Controller, the term "master" means that 1 or more PLCs also are communicating with it BUT this is the one issuing their orders to carry out.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I called and the guy was just disrespectful and unhelpful. I cannot even do anythings about it because he refused to give me his information as an employee. I told him my laptop is dead and it will not turn on after Window updates, and he told me to press the power button. Not once, repeatedly. He even said I am not understanding English. This is too disappointing. Is this customer service? I know I am a customer, but where is the service?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have contacted Microsoft support to solve an issue, that was through the virtual assistant and I have asked to talk to a person who is real, after few minutes waiting, I got connected to an agent; "Please check my service request number." Agent have asked for remote virtual desktop access that I have agreed on, after we moved to the remote access he immediately ended the chat box, and rate himself as 5 stars, so this was not a customer feedback about this agent. He rated himself 5 stars, amazing! Unfortunately, your customer service remote support agent was very unprofessional and started opening my personal files which is not related to the problem that I reported, also without my permission. When I have asked him on the chatbox why he is opening my personal files, he didn’t respond and immediately turned off the session without writing a single word.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My computer was updated by Microsoft update. Their new involuntary Windows 10 update crashed my computer. Called tech support on 5/23/18 and they could not help me. Was told I would receive a call from a level 2 support person at 9:00 am on 5/24/18. I called back at 9:30 and was told he would call before 11:00 am. Here it is 4:30 in the afternoon, no call. No computer. I did a search and holy cow. My computer was wiped out, lost all data, photos. I can't replace the photos, and it's going to take a couple of weeks to get back most of the data. Thanks Microsoft, will not buy your computers anymore.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have often had issues right after Microsoft installs update to my PC. The March 2018 update locked me out by killing my mouse and keyboard so I could not log in. I spent around $140 at Fry's to have my PC files backed up and everything wiped. We all thought I had been attacked by a virus. After spending days trying to get into my PC myself, and days waiting for Fry's to restore my PC, I had to reinstall all of my programs. I spent almost 2 hours on hold with Viper support only to find out that they were inundated with calls from others having the same issues after to Windows update.

They re-sent my software and explained what happened with this:"We have researched this issue internally and have found this to NOT be a VIPER related issue. We contacted Microsoft directly and Microsoft has confirmed KB4074588 has known issues where some USB devices stop working. We recommend contacting Microsoft directly for any issues related to your USB Keyboard and Mouse no longer working. Their contact information can be found at ** or by calling 1-800-642-7676".

After trying to get answers and compensation over the phone, I had to drive to the Microsoft store and talk to a manager. He said they were aware of the issue that was happening "on older PC's". I showed him proof of my repair bills, and the receipts that showed my PC was only 9 months old. I am a senior living on Social Security with limited income and thought they might at least pay my out of pocket expenses. The manager came back with $100 in Microsoft gift certificates and said he would escalate my issue to corporate but could promise nothing. After getting home, I looked at what was available at the MS store. Nothing there was of interest to me. Follow-up calls just led to more frustration. I was given lip service and promises of return calls that never came. As big as this company is, you would think they could afford to at least cover the damages they caused.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I kept getting message to download Windows 10 from Microsoft on my computer. When I downloaded updates, my computer went blank, I lost all my files and computer does not work. I called Microsoft, they called twice but could not fix the problem due to Windows 10 updates. They do not want to help. It will cost me $225 to get it fix at the local computer store or Best Buy. This company is fraud and I will never buy anything from Microsoft. They have monopoly on the computers. Government should do something about this. My file number Microsoft gave me is **. I have filed a complaint with the FCC regarding this issue.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I recently swapped my father's hard drive. Moved over to a SSD. Creating a system image, and then trying to clone, failed so I just installed a fresh build of Windows thinking that since my father had already bought the full Windows 10 suite that it'd be no problem to get him set back up with all his apps and logins. Wrong. When I called into tech support, they wouldn't even allow me to talk to someone who could help me with my problem until I paid them $80! Which the rep at first told me (or at least I think that's what I heard and repeated back to him) was only $30, then he put the totals up on the screen, after I'd given him my card information, and lo and behold it was $80...

I hesitated, not wanting to do this, but when I said that I wanted to see if I could go at this from a different direction, he said that I'd already said yes, which I didn't, and the payment had already gone through. Dirty pool... Then I get over to the "tech" who isn't in fact able to help me, at all, in any way because the receipt that I have for purchase won't work. So I just paid $80 FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Microsoft literally just stole $80 from us... WTF???

Original review: May 19, 2018

Windows 10 update on 5/18 rendered my Surface Pro 4 useless (no touchscreen/touchpad capability however keyboard still works). After hours on the phone with Microsoft tech they gave me an option of buying a replacement for 450 dollars for this problem that was "triggered" aka caused by their update. Before the update the computer was working with no issue at all. Why is it that I should have to purchase a replacement for them destroying my property? Never buying from Microsoft again.

Original review: May 19, 2018

So once again I have problems with Windows 10 and their constant updates required to fix issues that should have never been released in the first place. Update 1803 when it installed on May 11, 2018 rendered my laptop inoperable and has to date required 60 hours of useless Indian support that has not resolved my issues. Done with Microsoft and its Windows products, poor customer service and unresponsive executives. Moving on to MAC. Microsoft and looking at you in my rear view mirror.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Since Windows 365 was installed I have had nothing but problems with updates and Defender. If I am notified of an update, whether I leave it to update automatically or click update I am then told you couldn’t finish installing. I have had some prompts at shut down to reinstall which I have done but again am advised you couldn’t finish installing. With Defender, tonight I have had three messages to advise I am not secure, but no matter what I do I get a security acceptance am then advised I am not secure. I’ve tried Troubleshooter and everything else but nothing seems to work. As I am paying for 365 yearly. Now I expect some decent service.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My Microsoft Surface Pro was stolen over 45 days ago. Since then I have gone in circles with Microsoft trying to recover my hijacked 20 year old Microsoft email account. I have multiple police reports and FTC ID theft report to back my claim. The ticket system cannot verify my identity and I cannot get anyone at Microsoft to help me. I went online to chat with a Microsoft service rep and explained my situation again, and they gave me a number to call. The number was for Microsoft campus security!!! I cannot even get Microsoft to respond to open tickets I had in the past! I am a paying customer! I have Microsoft 365 subscription and I was using a Microsoft computer! The email account was a paid dial-up account from the 1990's! Why is MICROSOFT treating a victim of multiple crimes like a criminal? I want my account back!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Bought a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 device January 2017. Experience with Microsoft has been a travesty. Disgraceful customer service. Delays, procrastination and a steadfast refusal to refund. Will NEVER use this company again! Device had multiple issues that got rapidly and consistently worse. Replacement sent. Obvious refurbished device needed multiple updates, errors and further issues from the outset. Due to Microsoft delays sending it I was unable to send back immediately. Second replacement device finally sent after yet more delays from Microsoft. Device finally arrived. Don't want to touch as this has now been ongoing issues and has such a negative thing in my life for 15 MONTHS, has had three significant updates in the two week since (May 2018), pen not fully working. To my surprise two weeks later been charged $190 for an 'In Warranty Advanced Exchange'.

Absolutely NO way to dispute in the four days since as emails going unanswered, phone calls keep being put on hold then hung up on while transferred to other departments. My experience has been beyond a joke, an absolute disaster. Never wish to use another Microsoft device again or deal with this business in ANY way shape or form. Disgraceful and disgusting. I feel completely ripped off and that my $1800 is money in the drain. Please consider not supporting this business unless you want to be mistreated, used and abandoned.

Original review: May 3, 2018

This is the worst program (Excel 2013) if you ever need any help opening up large files. They wanted to charge me 400.00 to walk me thru on how to open the large file. This is a ripoff. They are no help at all... I already spent a lot of money to get the program and they have no help online or thru the online chat. When I called them they informed me that they would have to have a technician call me back. Please people why can you not know the product that you are selling and give someone assistance without charging an arm and a leg. If I could give 0 stars I would but 1 is what I have... Microsoft is a ripoff. FOR GOD SAKES I HAVE A SIMPLE QUESTION ON HOW TO OPEN UP A LARGE FILE. WILL NEVER PURCHASE MICROSOFT AGAIN.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Purchased a Surface Laptop July 2018 - constant issues with RAM after 3 months of having the computer it would turn off and freeze. I took to Microsoft and they fixed the issue (which is not convenient since the closest store is 2 hours away and they had to keep for 3 days - it's my work computer). 5 months later same thing. This time they forced me to pay for a year support subscription to repair the problem for $250 (discounted to $199) because I complained so much! Telling to me to call monthly so they can check the computer.

I have always had Mac and NEVER have I had these issues with a computer let alone a new computer. My oldest Mac is 5 years old and still functions. I bought a PC due to the ease with documents. I'm a real estate agent. I found my PC at work to be easier to work on than my Mac. Never again. This computer was $1200 and now I have to pay $250 every year to fix it?! What non-sense. I will never purchase a Microsoft computer or product if I can avoid it!

Original review: April 24, 2018

The first four customer service reps I could not even understand their English (from India and somewhere else). I was then transferred to the Philippines so at least I could understand. She was great and on the line with me for hours. But she said that my account had been switched to another email address. How did that happen? So now, I find out that my account was not switched to another email address -- that account actually belongs to someone else. So my account still does not show my subscription. I just got off the phone with another Philippine rep who would not listen -- he continually interrupted me as I tried to explain the problem.

So finally, after, an hour, I told him that I needed to speak with someone else -- he was just not understanding the problem, so I asked him to transfer me. Instead, he hung up on me! No wonder Apple is the Mercedes of computers -- it's their customer service! Microsoft is horrible. I paid for Office 365 in 2016 and it was fine for about a year. It is good until 2020 except that everyone else can access it except for me! And no one at Microsoft seems to know what to do to help. I have now been on hold again this entire time waiting for the next rep. Long enough to Google ratings, sign-in, and write all this. Still on hold...

Original review: April 20, 2018

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 stopped working unexpectedly. Was informed by support that it could not be repaired. Since it's out of warranty they could replace it once they received my non-working unit. Ship them the unit, they were supposed to send replacement within 48 hours. 5 days later no replacement is yet shipped. They have had my unit for 5 days and my money a week earlier than that. 2 hours on the phone and one on the website trying to reach a live agent. Finally reach an agent who cannot tell me why it has been delayed or when it will be shipped. Worst customer support experience of my life. And that is saying something.

Original review: April 17, 2018

One the most pathetic phone support that I have ever had in my professional career. Genuine licenses are not being verified online, phone calls not being answered with a claim that all agents are busy- now almost for 1 hour. If they can't evaluate their own service center then how on earth they can give support? Why can't they add more staff especially when they are making so much money? What could be more unprofessional than that. With this approach, people will start getting rid of Microsoft very soon. My 2 cent suggestion, if you can, avoid investing into Microsoft products.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have had OneDrive storage now for years. This month I paid for the OneDrive+100 like always and instead my account now shows 5 gigs of storage and they will freeze my account soon. I have the receipt showing I paid for ONEDRIVE+100 for $1.99. It did not say 5 gigs. Customer support would not help me out. Beware of Microsoft's shady business practices.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Microsoft effectively bullied me into having to purchase the updated versions of their software (barred me from using any of the features in Microsoft word, locked me out of my Skype etc) and when I went to buy the updated version, I found out that I can't sign into my bloody account. I tried to update the email and accidentally typoed and now I can't access the account because it keeps saying 'You've already changed it, please wait'. I tried to contact the staff for help, but so far all I've gotten were clueless bots that utterly failed to even remotely grasp my issue and literally had to be told multiple times to put me on with an actual person. I'm currently in a queue waiting to hear from someone but I sincerely doubt I'll get anywhere before I have to go to work. Microsoft is terrible and never ceases to make things worse each time they apply an update to their products.

Microsoft Company Information