2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5
Based on 1,258 ratings submitted in the last year

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I bought Bose Soundsport free a month or two ago. The device couldn't fit my ears properly and every time I used, my ears pained. I was very worried I wouldn't get any refund. The customer supervisor, Gabbi G, happily assisted and refunded the item with no questions asked. Excellent customer service and will continue to support Microsoft.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Windows Security works just fine for me. I've seen no need to use a different product. All the research that I've done over the years validates my decision. At one time or another in the past, I have used a variety of other applications. They all did the job reasonably well.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Does the job of protecting my laptop against viruses. Windows Defender has a good set of options for security, from antivirus scans and ransomware all the way down to parental controls. The only caveat is that Windows Defender is highly cloud dependent for malware detection and probably isn’t up to the job if your PC spends a good amount of time disconnected from the internet.

Original review: March 23, 2020

It's a good antivirus that will not bog down your computer. If you suspect an infection by really bad or nasty virus then I would just run a Trend Micro Scan and Bit Defender Scan. Though those other products may be a little better they tax your system's resources that I deem unacceptable for daily use.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I used many different anti-virus programs over the years. Some were free. Some were not. Some were very complicated and others simpler. Some slowed down the computer(s) I was using. Now I use a VPN and I keep my Windows updated. I schedule scans regularly. I avoid many websites. I shop online carefully. I used heavily encrypted passwords for everything. I scan for malware weekly at least. Windows Defender has been very good so far.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

DO NOT EVER BUY AN ELECTRONIC GC FROM MICROSOFT OR AMAZON. THEY ARE CROOKS. I purchased a $60 xbox yearly subscription from my son for his birthday and Microsoft provided a used code to my son for his birthday. Amazon says Microsoft gave them a bad code, Microsoft says Amazon sold us a bad code. Neither one will take responsibility. Both companies are so poor they have to cheat a 14 year old boy out of the only gift I got for him and I am out $60. I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft that will not honor or give my son a good code.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

A lot of companies out there sell computers but the Microsoft store inside Danbury Fair Mall in CT is by far the most professional and greatest staff I have ever experienced. The Microsoft company is professional and great as always and best customer care service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

It is extremely light and compact. I wish there were customer service that was comparable to the apple. The screen is bright and easily readable, and I would make a lot more use of some of the features if I could get a contact for customer service to help me.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Updated on 01/11/2021: Someone hacked my email (msn), apparently they used it improperly so Microsoft locked it. I've been trying to contact Microsoft for 2 weeks now. But they no longer have a number that a real live person answers. They keep referring you to websites. This is very disturbing.

Original Review: It use to be if you had a problem with your account you picked up the phone called & you got someone. Now you call, go through all the prompts & never talk to anyone. So you have to write a letter to Corp.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

It was rated top of the line, so I bought for charting from home as a healthcare provider. It has SOOO many glitches and for the price tag, I’d not buy from them again. I much prefer apple which has flaws but overall is a much easier to use quality product.

Microsoft Company Information