1.09/5
  • 1 star
Based on 77 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

776 Microsoft Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My mother passed away in January of 2017 and I kept her bank acct open because the mortgage was taken out of the acct automatically. I found 2 charges from Microsoft on the acct. in December. Since I only keep the money for the mortgage in that acct. It caused 2 overdraft charges to be charged. NO problem, I'll call Microsoft. They will take off the charges and reimburse the acct, right? WRONG! I talked with someone to cancel the Microsoft 360 and they canceled the subscription AND reimbursed the money. I was transferred to cancel the Microsoft answer desk and they need to send a code to the email address or the phone number connected to the acct before they can even cancel the subscription. SHE'S BEEN DEAD FOR ALMOST A YEAR!!!

I don't have the phone OR the email address working. So they can't cancel anything. I have to go to my bank to dispute the charge and then get the money that way. How long is that going to take??? IT'S FINE MICROSOFT. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO. Why is it the customer has to go and get the money back? Why can one department help and the other can't do a damn thing? And by the way just to get that taken care of I talked to 3 people on the same call. They would tell me they were transferring me to someone that could help and I would get a new person in the same department and have to go thru the same BS. I have the debit card number that the acct is attached to. They can look up the acct and find it but can't cancel it nor refund the money. WTH Microsoft. This is BS. The worst customer service ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

For the first time I am calling Microsoft and experience a 35 minute hold time and ridiculous customer service, to the point that it seems the 4 representatives I spoke with are not informed on their product and continue transferring from one person to another and after 4 people nobody can help with a Windows 10 issue that only required directions on deleting temporary files off of my PC. Never again will I call because of this 1.5 hour experience that was a complete waste of time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I am so disgusted with Microsoft right now. Every time there is an update my computer has issues. They were supposed call back twice and didn't. I use this for business, and it just freezes and does nothing. I have had 11 case numbers to date and issues is not resolved.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Windows 10 big mistake - Office 16 changes just as bad. I'm so tired of some Microsoft techy person rearranging how I can use and/or track my Windows File Directory. Their additions are not improvements, rather only additions to the layers and number of clicks to get to where I need to be. Same with Office... they seem to think it's okay to change layouts, icons and force use things that are of no value to business people and only add layers into the way I get to my work. OUTLOOK most horrible!!! And SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.

Somebody PLEASE take the 'lack of creative juice box' away from techies who are trying to justify their jobs by making changes that may look pretty on the surface, but only complicate and delay work due to the extra layers and slowdowns. After 30 years of PC's getting better, then sliding back into the slow dark ages, it may be time to switch to a MAC. Just can't keep putting up with unnecessary changes in Windows and Office that do NOT improve the work process.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

After messing around and getting familiar with it, I quickly realized I can't play movies... Seems like a pretty basic thing for my computer to do, seeing how till now it could! Now I have to purchase apps, to do things my computer was already capable of doing prior to Windows 10, $14.99 to get a DVD player, to effen crooks, you also made it nearly impossible to navigate, and made it almost impossible to find things like My Computer, Control Panel. I'm convinced I will soon start writing my own operating system so you money hungry epic failure Windows development company have competition, you really screwed the people on this one!!! I will sooner throw my computer away than ever use anything Microsoft again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Brand new tablet not a Microsoft but HP recently auto updated W10 to version 1709, sound no longer worked, cameras no longer worked, videos on various sites would not load right after the update, several days with remote access tech support with no help. Could not fix issues, so agent sent an OS to reinstall Windows then I got only black screen and no OS would load at all, took it to Microsoft store. They worked on it for a week and told me, "HD is corrupted. You should buy a new one!" So OS must have been corrupted or malware, now cannot get ahold of any customer service only more tech agents, TURN OFF AUTO UPDATES AND DO NOT INSTALL ANY IF YOUR WINDOWS IS WORKING FINE, BE WARNED. THE W10 updates will crash PCs and leave you with no solution. Microsoft won't care, buy Apple!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My other email was blocked a week ago after trying to sign in. Filling out online papers 23 to be exact still telling me I'm blocked. Will not let me import my emails from Live.com. They are stealing my info costing me a lot of money due to fact that's how I keep up with my attorneys bank statements and bills. I will sue them if I get a lawyer as they are wrong and irritating me. I'm 71 and refuse to let Microsoft destroy my records and files who has them now. I believe this is a scam by Microsoft.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

A routine reset and update has resulted in wiped and corrupted files, some of which will no not restore from their backups. The failure in multiple ways of Outlook 2016 and the loss of all calendar information and multiple files. The hatred by MS or Google seems to have gone to new levels with multiple diverts and blocks and popups to steer you away from Chrome and other sites. Bizarre inoperability of the taskbar. I now understand why people eventually give up on MS and go elsewhere. Until the annual licensing I kinda put up with it but I am no longer motivate to pay $200 a year for this nonsense.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have been getting error messages for windows 10 update. I talked with FIVE different agents including a manager. None of them were able to help in the issue. One of them named Gowrish closed the chat halfway for no reason because he couldn't solve the issue, he didn't even tell me he is going to close (I tried to stop him but he closed the remote access quickly). The manager Rajesh **, was very helpful in cleaning up the computer, when he finished that, he closed the chat screen but kept the REMOTE CONTROL running. He saw I was putting poor review so he closed the review screen and ended remote access. WTF Microsoft? I never never never thought I would say this, but I'm considering Apple now!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

It seems every time my Windows 10 updates, something changes. Sometimes I have to reinstall programs just to get them working again, or my personal preferences change. On this last update they changed my default mail program, Outlook, to Microsoft mail. Can they legally do that?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have subscribed to Office 365 for several years with my Mac since it seemed the viable option initially. This year I was sent links to renew at what I was quoted (69.99) and attempted to change my credit card. Because I was in Canada, the links would not work when attempting to adjust and I spent several hours trying to contact a person to deal with this.

In the meantime I continued to receive emails alerting me of my subscription running out but none of the links would work. When it expired, I couldn't use the software or access former documents. Finally on a day off work, I attempted to chat online and resolve the issue, still being quoted 69.99 by any of the 3 contacts I encountered. At the last minute, I was charged 88.90 and when questioning the charge difference, I was told that the price would definitely have been increased at some future date. I demanded to speak to a supervisor (Jay) who would not change the exorbitant charge, citing an American amount for the 69.99. I have been asked to submit a complaint to support@microsoft.com or phone in my issue.

To date I have spent over 6 hours trying to get resolution, with nothing but frustration to deal with. One employee had to be asked to speak slowly and clearly as her offshore accent was so indecipherable though she was supposedly speaking English. In order to access my documents I needed to pay the 88.90, but would like some recompense for the increase and the excessive hours spent tracking a voice to speak to, along with the unsatisfactory result.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I used a Surface Pro for work and loved the lightweight portability of it. The keyboard and touchpad were great... But the responsiveness of the tablet wasn't as great as I'd have liked on all wifi networks, but it did work through a VPN so I never knew whether to blame the tablet or my wifi or the VPN network. Overall, I would never buy a Surface Pro without a good sale as I feel as though there are less expensive options that are just as good.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

A "critical update" installed on my computer. Afterward, I could not open Word Starter. I went online to find a fix, and when I tried to follow the steps, I was told that I cannot continue because I was not online. So, I have a Microsoft product (Windows) that ruined another Microsoft product (Word Starter) while in the process of 'improving' my Microsoft experience, and it could not detect my internet connection. I now use Open Office rather than Word (with no problems) and am waiting for Microsoft to have its General Motors moment where a competitor comes along and annihilates them. They deserve it. In the meantime, I am absolutely committed to going Mac since it simply can't be any worse. It's literally impossible to have worse products than Microsoft.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Last night I once again received another install on Windows 10 only like my tenth or fifteenth one this year... Anyway it made me restart as usual... But when it went to load up my windows OS had completely been erased. Like the install reformatted the hard drive and didn't replace the OS... So I'm mad. Call Microsoft speak to a tech who could barely understand my very clear English. The call took a hour and a half. Because mostly of the language barrier. Also he was having me do things to my laptop in hope that the OS was still there. Of course it was not!!! So not only have I lost my computer until I can get a new OS. But the hours of work that was on it... Lost now!!! Windows needs to stop!!! Apple does not have half as many updates. I'm buying Apple as soon as I can!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My Surface 3 has been full of glitches such as dropping Internet when you're on a site, volume not working, and right now it randomly emits a very loud industrial sounding screeching noise that you can't shut off. Microsoft CONSTANTLY wants to update, takes forever to do it, won't allow your computer to be shut off, and now makes you schedule a date for an update before you can start using it again. Microsoft is the cause of most of the issues.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Getting very irritated with this company and its rudeness. This is the third time I have had to call because they double charge me for a game that I let my son order with my credit card. But I can't fix it. They have to talk to my son because it is his account. What... You had no problem charging my card that is in my name and he is a minor without authorization from me so there should be no reason why it can't get fixed through me... so ** backwards.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I received a HP Stream for my birthday. Well lets just say I wish I would have never accepted it. I took it out the box and opened. Turned it on. The thing told me that it was doing an update which is normal. 2 hours later it tells me that I have no storage that I need to create storage. I have not put one download or anything on this computer. I just turned it on and it does not have enough storage to hold the programs. So I went in and looked into it and Microsoft has so many apps games and programs preloaded that is over 28GB to download Windows 10. That is the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life.

So I working to try to fix but for some reason I keep getting different answers and information. This has been going on for about 3 weeks. I have never in my life had issues like this. I hate Microsoft and I don't hate anyone so that is the level of frustration. I threw it away and went out to purchase a Mac with my own money. I threw away a gift and purchased a Mac so that I can have some peace of mind. I will never ever ever ever have Microsoft product again. It is too much of a headache.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I just did the Fall Creators Update on a Toshiba laptop of mine and I must say it took several hours to download and install. It is version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19). It also took two days after the installation to get it stable enough to use efficiently. It took fifteen defrags and malware scans over the past two or three days. I also have two more machines, one is an HP 6000 Pro MT desktop and a HP EliteBook 6930p laptop. Both computers are better computers than my Toshiba. The issue is I am being forced to wait on my two HP machines even though they are much better than my Toshiba laptop. Secondly, I have been trying to get my activation keys for resale from Microsoft for over a year without success. This has placed a big hamper on my business plans. I am being forced to buy retail. The mark-up is so cost prohibitive to my customers, try between $350-400 per installation when it should be between $250-300.

Microsoft doesn't seem interested in solving this issue. I had to completely uninstall Office 2016 Pro Plus because I could not register the software on my digital license. Third, this is the industry as a whole. Operating system manufactures do not want to share their kernels with the computer and hardware manufactures so the hardware manufacture can update their drivers to compliment the new operating systems which brings me to this next point, the industry as a whole has a plan called planned obsolesce, meaning you will need to purchase new computers every two to three years. This brings me to another point, these companies claim to be green and Eco-friendly, but with the philosophy of planned obsolesce they are producing so much e-waste it is pathetic. The industry really needs to clean up their act before they tell us to clean up ours. Peace, out.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I bought a product from the online Microsoft Store (Surface Book). I paid the expedited shipping. I purchased it on 9-29. I got it on 10-3. That was fine. But I opened the box to find out they shipped me an Xbox One with a game. So my order and someone else's got mixed up somehow. The multiple items in the box makes it seem that way because I only purchased one item. So I called Microsoft support and they told me they needed for 24-48 hours to resolve this with their escalation team. In the meantime I should ship back the Xbox I received. I was not happy about the 24-48 hours because I paid the $2300 on the computer and expedited shipping because I need it for the final semester of Engineering school. I shipped out the Xbox the next morning at 8:00 am. I got the tracking number from UPS and noticed Microsoft put ground shipping on the Xbox and it would not make it to their warehouse till October 10th.

So I waited the 24 to 48 hours and then called again because no one has contacted me. The lady I spoke with told me they told me the wrong amount of time and that it should be 24-72 hours. And she was very rude with me telling me "There is no need to vent to me and how I need to stop calling them." So now that is 3 days total before they possibly ship out my product. So 72 hours passed from my initial call and that made it Friday night. I call Friday night and ask to speak to a supervisor because the first girl I talked to said it'll be another 24 hours for the escalation team to review my case. So her supervisor looked into it and determined they are probably waiting for the Xbox to come back to the warehouse before they ship out the right product. So that means the product won't be shipped out till October 10th.

I tell him just to refund my money and have me re-purchase one from their store. I cannot wait much longer due to a school project I need the specs on this computer for. He tells me he will try and do that and call me back possibly Saturday morning. I hear nothing from them Saturday or Monday. So I call back again Monday evening and the first lady tells me they need another 24 hours. So I let the 24 hours pass because at this point the Xbox will be back at their warehouse. So I wait till UPS confirms it is delivered to their warehouse at 12:55 PM. I call again later that night and get the same response... I need to wait 24 hours. So I tell them that I just want my product so I speak a manager. He personally assigns the case to himself because there is no feedback from the escalation team about my case. I tell the guy "You have my $2300 and the Xbox you guys sent me so why don't I have my product?" Very valid reason.

All he responds with is what I heard about a dozen times, "We understand your frustration." But no one is doing anything about it. So he tells me to wait till the end of the day and he will get this problem solved. That was over 24 hours ago as of writing this review. This is the worst customer service I dealt with and from a company that is huge. It has been over a week since I received the wrong product and almost 2 weeks since I ordered the product. It is not like a couple bucks I spent. I spent $2300 and I am getting treated horribly. It really feels like they just keep intentionally brushing me off. I wish there was something I can do but they keep giving me the same story with giving me any answer. I just don't understand why I can't be transferred over to the escalation team and talk to them personally.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The person in chat told me to go to some places on my computer because I could not get my computer to project to my TV. I told her everything I did & then she took control. It took over 20 minutes to get to that point because she was so slow & robotic. Then she wanted to restart the computer, she copy & pasted a link to get back in the chat with & after restarting the computer, the link she gave me didn't work. I've been trying to get back in a chat with them for over 30 minutes now but apparently no one is working. Screw Windows, they've gone downhill. I'm going to Mac!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Microsoft does not care at all about its customer's service or safety. Online gamers are subject to constant abuse. It's understandable. But when it gets to the point death threats are made and Microsoft doesn't even at least suspend the criminal's account, they are doing a huge disservice to their customer. Microsoft has no problem taking your money but does nothing at all to help the customer. People can run hacks and disrupt thousands of other customers and nothing is done about it. They have the worse customer service ever next to Chase Mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

The WORST customer experience offered by any company on the planet. From useless hardware to infuriating loops on their online systems. Not to mention the totally un-customer centric policies for rectifying the problems.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had a bad Pro4 charger and contact cust. service, I have told to send the bad charger in order to get the replacement, is that taken longer, keep the PC in house without using it, not fair, it should be the other way around, the seller (Microsoft) ship the replacement or the one working with return envelope for the damaged item so that I can ship the damaged item. It is weird that the law allow them to do this. So, I am not recommended anyone to deal with Microsoft at all means, buying their stuff is suck, I have Pro2 before and the same thing happen and turn the Pro2 free to Microsoft local store since they can do the repair in store. I would rather learn how to use Apple and have no problem. Please don't deal with Microsoft good and items and have these problems for any family members of you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I NEVER had any problems with my live.com account until it became a Microsoft Outlook account. Now I have NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. My Live account is my MAIN email and I haven't been able to log in since yesterday because it keeps getting suspended due to "unusual activity". All I'm doing when this happens is reporting the SPAM that I get ALL DAY, EVERY DAY (which never used to happen). I WISH it was unusual but sadly it is NOT. My account has been suspended FOUR TIMES in the last couple of weeks and my emails to the support team have been COMPLETELY IGNORED. It's almost impossible to get any help online or by phone. I finally reached a human on the phone who just kept telling me over and over that I would have to wait another 24 hours to log in. I have emails waiting for me that I needed to open YESTERDAY!!! This is harassment and it is NOT OK. WORST EMAIL "SERVICE" I HAVE EVER HAD!!! ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I call on all Microsoft 365 users to cancel their accounts! Citizens of the world unite! Also, start writing letters of complaint about your issues to the CEO of Microsoft. As of September 2017, you can send your letter to Mr. Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052, USA. He has been CEO since February 2014. Stock has risen in value by $250 billion since he took over. They have lots and lots of money to solve any tech issues you have. I recommend you send your letter by registered mail to Mr. Nadella. Some post offices offer a service whereby you can get a confirmation of who received your letter at MS or at least when it was received. That way a secretary can't say, "We never got your letter. Are you sure you sent it?" (That is an old trick used by corporate secretaries).

Keep the letter to one or two pages. Be concise. Be polite. Use the 5W's including Who? What? When? Where? and Why? to explain your complaint. Tell them you can send more information if needed. Send receipts where applicable. Keep the tone firm but friendly. Tell MS what you need to have your issue COMPLETELY resolved. Go all out and ask for what would make you happy and negotiate from there. Don't start out by asking for a few crumbs from the corporate table. Do not include your phone number or email address unless you want to get a lower customer service clerk calling or emailing to say something like "thank you so much for your feedback." And who then goes on to tell you there is nothing MS can do.

CEO's hate writing letters, except for a few exceptional ones who respect their customers and who write back promptly. Get your reply in writing. That way you have a record of the letter you sent, and a record of the written reply from MS along with a signature and a job title of the MS person who sent the letter. Most likely it will be a computer engineer possibly in Texas. If MS refuses to help, contact your provincial or State Department of Consumer Affairs and copy your letter to Mr. Nadella.

You can also call your TV station or local newspaper. Larger cities have consumer affairs advocates in TV and newspapers. They are eager to help people who have been mistreated and who feel ripped off. I live in Canada and got an email today that Microsoft (MS) has jacked up its monthly billing for Microsoft 365 tech support from $7 a month to $8 a month (Canadian). That may not sound like much, but that is $96 a year. The service should be FREE. It used to be.

Have you ever bought a toaster from Wal-Mart and have an associate tell you at the checkout that you have to pay a $96 yearly fee to solve any future problems with the toaster? Not me. MS has billions of dollars. Why are we putting up with terrible customer service and inferior dollar-store software? I have already directly or indirectly paid for MS software. I am fed up with bad customer service from overseas call centers in India, Philippines and Romania. I mean no disrespect to the good people of those countries. I live in North America. Why can't I contact a call center in North America? Why are jobs being shipped overseas? The minimum hourly wage is soon due to rise in Canada and the US to $15/hr. Why is Microsoft shipping jobs overseas when its headquarters are in Redmond, Washington in the USA? Paging Donald Trump... Let people overseas answer the calls from their own countries.

Today I had to contact the MS call center seven freaking times. I got Nicole in Romania. She said she was in tech support. I told her I called MS Sales (not tech support) on 1-877-696-7786. She said she "did a little Sales work, too." No kidding. I asked to be transferred to a North American call center. She hung up during the transfer. I got Pankaj in India on 1-800-642-7676. I asked to be transferred to a North American call center. He hung up during the transfer. I called the same number several times and got agents in the Philippines, namely Louie, then Paul, then Abbie, then Lee. They terminated calls during the transfer to a North American call center or to a supervisor. I called again and got Paul -- wow what a coincidence -- the same agent that hung up on me earlier! I asked him why he hung up on me. He tried to say he never hung up. Yeah, right. He knew he was busted...

I told him not to do it again and to transfer me to a supervisor. He did. I got Braden in the Philippines. I learned I could cancel my MS 365 by going to accounts.microsoft.com, then sign in, then click on Services and Subscriptions. I cancelled my MS 365. I can always renew it for one month later to get updates which are great for screwing up my Windows 10. I am no longer paying the monthly fee for a full year. You should do the same! You will save money and you will send a message to MS to improve customer service.

I told Braden I had numerous problems with Outlook which uses my own email address to send endless junk emails to myself! He said the MS call centers would not answer any questions about Outlook. Boohoo. Screw Microsoft. They won't answer because there are so many freaking problems with Outlook they don't know how to solve them. Braden said I would have to go to the dreaded Support Page... Gawd. NO!!!

The "support" pages are an endless list of posts by angry MS consumers who are fed up with MS and Outlook and who are asking MS to fix issues. MS replies with fixes that do not work or replies with long, complicated instructions. The instructions are written by people who have spent most of adult lives living in their parents' basement, playing on the computer in the daytime (with the plastic curtains closed), and who are now 45 years old and doing their Doctorate in Computer Studies and who speak in long, complex sentences while avoiding eye contact. Their instructions are not for an ordinary consumer sitting at the kitchen table late at night trying to unscrew MS Outlook or other stuff which is so screwed up even MS does not know how to unscrew it. Even the millennial tech support agents just give up and mumble to themselves "this software is so screwed up..."

I am an older adult. I have limited hearing. I do not like overseas call centers because the phone lines are poor, staff are often not fully trained and/or are incompetent, customer service is non-existent, some accents I cannot understand, and wait times are outrageous. You shouldn't have to put on a pot of coffee and psych yourself up with primal scream therapy to get ready for a four to six hour call every time you call MS. So consumers of MS products and services unite! Start writing letters! Send them by registered mail! You will feel better. You most likely will get your issue resolved. Or, you can go to consumer affairs in your area if MS gets snotty and doesn't help. And cancel your MS 365 if you feel you want to send a message to Mr. Nadella that you want better customer service! Best of luck.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My son, recently as 4 weeks ago purchased a new HP Laptop from Best Buy for college. He was starting at the end of August (HP touch screen Intel Core i5 processor). He used it approximately 3 weeks before "Microsoft" installed an "automatic" update! After installing, shutting down and rebooting there were immediate problems. It took several minutes to boot up, then it took 10 minutes just to get to the login screen. Once logging in the whole screen turns black! Figuring it was due to the Microsoft "update" we shut down and retry! No change. After a week of hoping problem would work out I reluctantly took it to have it looked at professionally (Reluctantly due to the fact it wasn't even a month old). Immediately the technician knows what the problem is! Because guess what? I'm not the first person to bring in a laptop/computer in for service with this problem in the past few weeks.

Long story short per the technician - The update to the Microsoft software has a glitch in it widespread apparently! He had to save all the files and remove all the software, reinstall all the files and the NEWEST version of Microsoft software which already included the update. After doing this his computer is back to running as it should! But this set us back another $150.00 because techs are not cheap! We are not wealthy people and Microsoft being a huge company should be ashamed of themselves for producing/selling such a mediocre defective product. Their customer service were of no help. I am with the other reviewers wishing there was a class action lawsuit to try to retrieve the $150 dollar repair cost spent out for an update that caused a new computer and software to crash! Microsoft this is unacceptable!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I am sorry but Microsoft has become a expensive power money hungry company that stands behind its geeks and not its customers that uses computers every day. I have upgraded to Windows 10 and it has made almost all my devices unusable. I have switched to Linux Distros which is the best free open source operating system I have ever used. I suggest highly of Linux, I got all my hardware support back. Linux has over 300 free operating systems which kicks Microsoft in the teeth.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had a small issue with my Windows 8 on my laptop where certain applications would freeze up a bit after I went into the task manager while they were open. Wasn't anything that was killing my productivity but it was a minor annoyance and something I shouldn't have to deal with. I called HP and they said that short of me sending in my computer for them to take a look at, there wasn't much they could do and that Windows would be able to solve my issue as it's their product. I didn't want to send my laptop in and not have it for 7-10 days for such a small issue so I called up Microsoft to try to get help. BIG MISTAKE. First off, they're all foreign. Now, I have no problem with this, being a foreigner myself with immigrant parents, but if you don't have a grasp of proficient English then we have a problem. I was transferred to different departments to different people again and again, none of whom could understand what I was saying.

Finally I got through to a supervisor who said he would restore my computer to a restore point that was from 2 days ago, even though I had been having this issue for months. Despite me telling him that would do absolutely nothing, while he was remotely accessing my computers, he kept arguing with me telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and that it would help. Then, even though I still didn't want him to do that and was telling him it wouldn't work, he went ahead and clicked the button to start it on his own. Then after asked him why the hell he did that, he said that he knew it would help and then said it would take 20-40 mins and that I should call back if it doesn't work and hung up. Seriously??

After 20-40 mins of being unable to use my laptop, it loads back up and the problem isn't gone. PLUS now there's another more serious problem. The screen where I type my password takes 5-6 mins to show up before I can type it in and get into my computer. If I remove the password function, I can get in right away, but I'm not allowed to have a computer without password protection for work purposes so I can't do that.

I call them back and after trying to do the same stuff they did before and me arguing with them about how that had already been done. They say that the next steps are "advanced troubleshooting tactics" and can only be performed if I pay for those services. They weren't going to physically fix my computer hands-on, they wanted me to pay them just to run diagnostics on my computer, not even to fix it.

I kept on fighting with them about how they were the ones that caused this issue in the first place and that I kept on telling the previous person not to do a system restore. I asked them to look at their call records and notes to see what had happened and they said that they "don't record calls", something which I know isn't true, and that the notes don't say anything about me being against it. I always thought highly of Microsoft but I guess I confused a good product with a good company. If I see a class action lawsuit somewhere, I'll be jumping on that train for sure. To put things into perspective, the guys over at Microsoft make the people over at Comcast look like angels.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

On Dec. 16, 2013, my husband purchased a Surface Pro 2 from Best Buy as a present to me. When he purchased the Surface at a cost of about $1,100, he thought he was getting a quality product from a company that stands behind their products. Unfortunately, we learned the hard way that just because you spend a lot of money on something doesn’t mean you will get a good buy.

Yesterday, the button that starts up my Surface Pro wouldn’t depress to turn on. I assumed when I went to the Geek Squad at Best Buy that it would be an easy fix. Not only could they not fix it, they said Microsoft no longer makes the part for it. They gave me the number to obtain Microsoft support, saying that maybe they could help me. When I called the toll free number, after approximately 30 minutes of waiting, I was finally connected with someone who told me the same thing as the man from Geek Squad.

No parts are available, but if I wanted, I could spend $699.99 and get another Surface Pro 2; however, it would not come with a warranty for parts. So basically, I was told that the button assembly would cost me $699.99. Seriously? We work very hard for our money, and thought that a company like Microsoft would stand behind its product. I am disgusted that there is no other solution. Please know that the best and worst advertisement is through word of mouth, and I plan on spreading the word about my experience.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

After Microsoft forced me to install Windows 10 over 7 & 8, on my desktop and laptop, my work computer has never been able to be connected to my printer, making my printer useless. My desktop has never been the same since. Now after my unsatisfactory experience with this product for more than a year, and with unapproved updates, etc., I get a message that completely blocked my continued usage! In fact, the message read stated that they have tried to prompt me to get the update, and now I must click install!

I check off a couple of boxes just to get through the process. A message states that clicking "OK" will not close the application because Windows is working "behind the scenes" on my computer to prep it for the updates. That was two weeks ago. Now I have no computer, no printer, and no laptop. Where is the line forming for a class action lawsuit? I am fed up with this, and it has to be illegal on many levels! This monster program even removed key features on my HP computers, even HP support.

Microsoft Company Information