2. Miscellaneous

4.0/5 (2348 ratings)

About Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: June 26, 2021

Things have been fine. No problems with anything. I am satisfied with Windows defense. And because it's free, I'm very happy. It fits the bill. I can depend on it. My choice is Windows Defender, always.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Windows Security is a free part of Windows Microsoft and appears to be doing the job. I have had many other Anti-virus programs that I have paid for and have had issues. It just may be there is no issues with Windows Security because it is from the same people who developed Windows.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

A lot of companies out there sell computers but the Microsoft store inside Danbury Fair Mall in CT is by far the most professional and greatest staff I have ever experienced. The Microsoft company is professional and great as always and best customer care service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

It is extremely light and compact. I wish there were customer service that was comparable to the apple. The screen is bright and easily readable, and I would make a lot more use of some of the features if I could get a contact for customer service to help me.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Can we sue Microsoft if someone hacks our account, then uses it to gain access to other accounts we have because their ** automated system won't let us back in and they don't offer customer support or customers service? I'm definitely placing a call to the Better Business Bureau, this is **.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have found charges that date back over a year from Microsoft month after month and when I try to contact someone about it they said they would have someone from the main office call. They never did and now when I try to get a live person it won't let me so I have to close my card down and everything to stop payments but what about my money they took for services I never used?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Poor Customer Relations. My Excel is screwed up; tables are sideways, incomplete. Word has disappeared and won't come back. I called the numbered for Microsoft. I punched a few buttons and it said "Goodbye." Really BAD COMPANY. Doesn't hold a candle to APPLE. If I had an alternative product I would switch.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I am a user and not a person up to date with the latest how-to chase around different locations of files. Since the last updates, I have lost my Excel spreadsheet, that I purchased and my past Photos files. I am only a user.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Issue reported: Chrome and other non-MS browsers not launching. New issue on a previously properly functioning device. Two separate MS Technicians stated that the issue was due to the user account profile being corrupt. Cause stated as a virus or network interruption. Neither had occurred. Explained and demonstrated the issue to the Techs. I informed them that the PC was new and used by my son for school (Chrome login required) and had worked fine until today.

Techs wasted my time (5+ hrs) troubleshooting, rebuilding user accounts, and wiping the computer to reinstall Windows10. All for naught, because they were not addressing the issue which was the Microsoft Family settings had changed (by MS) and that was blocking my son's access to non-MS browsers. It seemed odd that the Chrome had functioned on the PC until today. Then only MS browsers would work. I had asked both tech if something could be blocking the Apps from launching and was told no.

Meanwhile my wife had been searching the web the Techs and I weren't making progress. A Google search revealed the issue the issue was caused Microsoft Family. MS Techs should know their own product. When they promise to call back if the line is disconnected, they should call back. The end of call survey is a farce because it doesn't accept negative input. Microsoft Tech support wasted 5+ hours of my time and never actually resolved the issue. Misdiagnosis, errors in "troubleshooting", disconnected call with no call back, incorrect information provided. Issue caused by Microsoft product, resolved by wife & Google.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

That a huge corporation like Microsoft would see it as fitting to withdraw person-to-person on phone support is appalling. I have Windows 10 and Office 2019. There is a glitch in the software that is impacting on my ability to print from Word. Copy the document to Google Docs and there is no issue. Microsoft Help is abysmal - time consuming and no relevant answer. I have had to spend $250 via two competent computer technicians and issue remains unsolved so far. This should not be the case for a product that Microsoft is responsible for. A company that’s states the outright lie that shifting to online help will Make it easier for the customer is appalling. Would no longer recommend them Or their products. A company is only as good as its post-sale customer service, which for Microsoft is NIL!

Microsoft Company Information