1.02/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Microsoft

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

758 Microsoft Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I bought a product from the online Microsoft Store (Surface Book). I paid the expedited shipping. I purchased it on 9-29. I got it on 10-3. That was fine. But I opened the box to find out they shipped me an Xbox One with a game. So my order and someone else's got mixed up somehow. The multiple items in the box makes it seem that way because I only purchased one item. So I called Microsoft support and they told me they needed for 24-48 hours to resolve this with their escalation team. In the meantime I should ship back the Xbox I received. I was not happy about the 24-48 hours because I paid the $2300 on the computer and expedited shipping because I need it for the final semester of Engineering school. I shipped out the Xbox the next morning at 8:00 am. I got the tracking number from UPS and noticed Microsoft put ground shipping on the Xbox and it would not make it to their warehouse till October 10th.

So I waited the 24 to 48 hours and then called again because no one has contacted me. The lady I spoke with told me they told me the wrong amount of time and that it should be 24-72 hours. And she was very rude with me telling me "There is no need to vent to me and how I need to stop calling them." So now that is 3 days total before they possibly ship out my product. So 72 hours passed from my initial call and that made it Friday night. I call Friday night and ask to speak to a supervisor because the first girl I talked to said it'll be another 24 hours for the escalation team to review my case. So her supervisor looked into it and determined they are probably waiting for the Xbox to come back to the warehouse before they ship out the right product. So that means the product won't be shipped out till October 10th.

I tell him just to refund my money and have me re-purchase one from their store. I cannot wait much longer due to a school project I need the specs on this computer for. He tells me he will try and do that and call me back possibly Saturday morning. I hear nothing from them Saturday or Monday. So I call back again Monday evening and the first lady tells me they need another 24 hours. So I let the 24 hours pass because at this point the Xbox will be back at their warehouse. So I wait till UPS confirms it is delivered to their warehouse at 12:55 PM. I call again later that night and get the same response... I need to wait 24 hours. So I tell them that I just want my product so I speak a manager. He personally assigns the case to himself because there is no feedback from the escalation team about my case. I tell the guy "You have my $2300 and the Xbox you guys sent me so why don't I have my product?" Very valid reason.

All he responds with is what I heard about a dozen times, "We understand your frustration." But no one is doing anything about it. So he tells me to wait till the end of the day and he will get this problem solved. That was over 24 hours ago as of writing this review. This is the worst customer service I dealt with and from a company that is huge. It has been over a week since I received the wrong product and almost 2 weeks since I ordered the product. It is not like a couple bucks I spent. I spent $2300 and I am getting treated horribly. It really feels like they just keep intentionally brushing me off. I wish there was something I can do but they keep giving me the same story with giving me any answer. I just don't understand why I can't be transferred over to the escalation team and talk to them personally.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The person in chat told me to go to some places on my computer because I could not get my computer to project to my TV. I told her everything I did & then she took control. It took over 20 minutes to get to that point because she was so slow & robotic. Then she wanted to restart the computer, she copy & pasted a link to get back in the chat with & after restarting the computer, the link she gave me didn't work. I've been trying to get back in a chat with them for over 30 minutes now but apparently no one is working. Screw Windows, they've gone downhill. I'm going to Mac!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Microsoft does not care at all about its customer's service or safety. Online gamers are subject to constant abuse. It's understandable. But when it gets to the point death threats are made and Microsoft doesn't even at least suspend the criminal's account, they are doing a huge disservice to their customer. Microsoft has no problem taking your money but does nothing at all to help the customer. People can run hacks and disrupt thousands of other customers and nothing is done about it. They have the worse customer service ever next to Chase Mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

The WORST customer experience offered by any company on the planet. From useless hardware to infuriating loops on their online systems. Not to mention the totally un-customer centric policies for rectifying the problems.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had a bad Pro4 charger and contact cust. service, I have told to send the bad charger in order to get the replacement, is that taken longer, keep the PC in house without using it, not fair, it should be the other way around, the seller (Microsoft) ship the replacement or the one working with return envelope for the damaged item so that I can ship the damaged item. It is weird that the law allow them to do this. So, I am not recommended anyone to deal with Microsoft at all means, buying their stuff is suck, I have Pro2 before and the same thing happen and turn the Pro2 free to Microsoft local store since they can do the repair in store. I would rather learn how to use Apple and have no problem. Please don't deal with Microsoft good and items and have these problems for any family members of you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I NEVER had any problems with my live.com account until it became a Microsoft Outlook account. Now I have NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. My Live account is my MAIN email and I haven't been able to log in since yesterday because it keeps getting suspended due to "unusual activity". All I'm doing when this happens is reporting the SPAM that I get ALL DAY, EVERY DAY (which never used to happen). I WISH it was unusual but sadly it is NOT. My account has been suspended FOUR TIMES in the last couple of weeks and my emails to the support team have been COMPLETELY IGNORED. It's almost impossible to get any help online or by phone. I finally reached a human on the phone who just kept telling me over and over that I would have to wait another 24 hours to log in. I have emails waiting for me that I needed to open YESTERDAY!!! This is harassment and it is NOT OK. WORST EMAIL "SERVICE" I HAVE EVER HAD!!! ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I call on all Microsoft 365 users to cancel their accounts! Citizens of the world unite! Also, start writing letters of complaint about your issues to the CEO of Microsoft. As of September 2017, you can send your letter to Mr. Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052, USA. He has been CEO since February 2014. Stock has risen in value by $250 billion since he took over. They have lots and lots of money to solve any tech issues you have. I recommend you send your letter by registered mail to Mr. Nadella. Some post offices offer a service whereby you can get a confirmation of who received your letter at MS or at least when it was received. That way a secretary can't say, "We never got your letter. Are you sure you sent it?" (That is an old trick used by corporate secretaries).

Keep the letter to one or two pages. Be concise. Be polite. Use the 5W's including Who? What? When? Where? and Why? to explain your complaint. Tell them you can send more information if needed. Send receipts where applicable. Keep the tone firm but friendly. Tell MS what you need to have your issue COMPLETELY resolved. Go all out and ask for what would make you happy and negotiate from there. Don't start out by asking for a few crumbs from the corporate table. Do not include your phone number or email address unless you want to get a lower customer service clerk calling or emailing to say something like "thank you so much for your feedback." And who then goes on to tell you there is nothing MS can do.

CEO's hate writing letters, except for a few exceptional ones who respect their customers and who write back promptly. Get your reply in writing. That way you have a record of the letter you sent, and a record of the written reply from MS along with a signature and a job title of the MS person who sent the letter. Most likely it will be a computer engineer possibly in Texas. If MS refuses to help, contact your provincial or State Department of Consumer Affairs and copy your letter to Mr. Nadella.

You can also call your TV station or local newspaper. Larger cities have consumer affairs advocates in TV and newspapers. They are eager to help people who have been mistreated and who feel ripped off. I live in Canada and got an email today that Microsoft (MS) has jacked up its monthly billing for Microsoft 365 tech support from $7 a month to $8 a month (Canadian). That may not sound like much, but that is $96 a year. The service should be FREE. It used to be.

Have you ever bought a toaster from Wal-Mart and have an associate tell you at the checkout that you have to pay a $96 yearly fee to solve any future problems with the toaster? Not me. MS has billions of dollars. Why are we putting up with terrible customer service and inferior dollar-store software? I have already directly or indirectly paid for MS software. I am fed up with bad customer service from overseas call centers in India, Philippines and Romania. I mean no disrespect to the good people of those countries. I live in North America. Why can't I contact a call center in North America? Why are jobs being shipped overseas? The minimum hourly wage is soon due to rise in Canada and the US to $15/hr. Why is Microsoft shipping jobs overseas when its headquarters are in Redmond, Washington in the USA? Paging Donald Trump... Let people overseas answer the calls from their own countries.

Today I had to contact the MS call center seven freaking times. I got Nicole in Romania. She said she was in tech support. I told her I called MS Sales (not tech support) on 1-877-696-7786. She said she "did a little Sales work, too." No kidding. I asked to be transferred to a North American call center. She hung up during the transfer. I got Pankaj in India on 1-800-642-7676. I asked to be transferred to a North American call center. He hung up during the transfer. I called the same number several times and got agents in the Philippines, namely Louie, then Paul, then Abbie, then Lee. They terminated calls during the transfer to a North American call center or to a supervisor. I called again and got Paul -- wow what a coincidence -- the same agent that hung up on me earlier! I asked him why he hung up on me. He tried to say he never hung up. Yeah, right. He knew he was busted...

I told him not to do it again and to transfer me to a supervisor. He did. I got Braden in the Philippines. I learned I could cancel my MS 365 by going to accounts.microsoft.com, then sign in, then click on Services and Subscriptions. I cancelled my MS 365. I can always renew it for one month later to get updates which are great for screwing up my Windows 10. I am no longer paying the monthly fee for a full year. You should do the same! You will save money and you will send a message to MS to improve customer service.

I told Braden I had numerous problems with Outlook which uses my own email address to send endless junk emails to myself! He said the MS call centers would not answer any questions about Outlook. Boohoo. Screw Microsoft. They won't answer because there are so many freaking problems with Outlook they don't know how to solve them. Braden said I would have to go to the dreaded Support Page... Gawd. NO!!!

The "support" pages are an endless list of posts by angry MS consumers who are fed up with MS and Outlook and who are asking MS to fix issues. MS replies with fixes that do not work or replies with long, complicated instructions. The instructions are written by people who have spent most of adult lives living in their parents' basement, playing on the computer in the daytime (with the plastic curtains closed), and who are now 45 years old and doing their Doctorate in Computer Studies and who speak in long, complex sentences while avoiding eye contact. Their instructions are not for an ordinary consumer sitting at the kitchen table late at night trying to unscrew MS Outlook or other stuff which is so screwed up even MS does not know how to unscrew it. Even the millennial tech support agents just give up and mumble to themselves "this software is so screwed up..."

I am an older adult. I have limited hearing. I do not like overseas call centers because the phone lines are poor, staff are often not fully trained and/or are incompetent, customer service is non-existent, some accents I cannot understand, and wait times are outrageous. You shouldn't have to put on a pot of coffee and psych yourself up with primal scream therapy to get ready for a four to six hour call every time you call MS. So consumers of MS products and services unite! Start writing letters! Send them by registered mail! You will feel better. You most likely will get your issue resolved. Or, you can go to consumer affairs in your area if MS gets snotty and doesn't help. And cancel your MS 365 if you feel you want to send a message to Mr. Nadella that you want better customer service! Best of luck.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My son, recently as 4 weeks ago purchased a new HP Laptop from Best Buy for college. He was starting at the end of August (HP touch screen Intel Core i5 processor). He used it approximately 3 weeks before "Microsoft" installed an "automatic" update! After installing, shutting down and rebooting there were immediate problems. It took several minutes to boot up, then it took 10 minutes just to get to the login screen. Once logging in the whole screen turns black! Figuring it was due to the Microsoft "update" we shut down and retry! No change. After a week of hoping problem would work out I reluctantly took it to have it looked at professionally (Reluctantly due to the fact it wasn't even a month old). Immediately the technician knows what the problem is! Because guess what? I'm not the first person to bring in a laptop/computer in for service with this problem in the past few weeks.

Long story short per the technician - The update to the Microsoft software has a glitch in it widespread apparently! He had to save all the files and remove all the software, reinstall all the files and the NEWEST version of Microsoft software which already included the update. After doing this his computer is back to running as it should! But this set us back another $150.00 because techs are not cheap! We are not wealthy people and Microsoft being a huge company should be ashamed of themselves for producing/selling such a mediocre defective product. Their customer service were of no help. I am with the other reviewers wishing there was a class action lawsuit to try to retrieve the $150 dollar repair cost spent out for an update that caused a new computer and software to crash! Microsoft this is unacceptable!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I am sorry but Microsoft has become a expensive power money hungry company that stands behind its geeks and not its customers that uses computers every day. I have upgraded to Windows 10 and it has made almost all my devices unusable. I have switched to Linux Distros which is the best free open source operating system I have ever used. I suggest highly of Linux, I got all my hardware support back. Linux has over 300 free operating systems which kicks Microsoft in the teeth.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had a small issue with my Windows 8 on my laptop where certain applications would freeze up a bit after I went into the task manager while they were open. Wasn't anything that was killing my productivity but it was a minor annoyance and something I shouldn't have to deal with. I called HP and they said that short of me sending in my computer for them to take a look at, there wasn't much they could do and that Windows would be able to solve my issue as it's their product. I didn't want to send my laptop in and not have it for 7-10 days for such a small issue so I called up Microsoft to try to get help. BIG MISTAKE. First off, they're all foreign. Now, I have no problem with this, being a foreigner myself with immigrant parents, but if you don't have a grasp of proficient English then we have a problem. I was transferred to different departments to different people again and again, none of whom could understand what I was saying.

Finally I got through to a supervisor who said he would restore my computer to a restore point that was from 2 days ago, even though I had been having this issue for months. Despite me telling him that would do absolutely nothing, while he was remotely accessing my computers, he kept arguing with me telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and that it would help. Then, even though I still didn't want him to do that and was telling him it wouldn't work, he went ahead and clicked the button to start it on his own. Then after asked him why the hell he did that, he said that he knew it would help and then said it would take 20-40 mins and that I should call back if it doesn't work and hung up. Seriously??

After 20-40 mins of being unable to use my laptop, it loads back up and the problem isn't gone. PLUS now there's another more serious problem. The screen where I type my password takes 5-6 mins to show up before I can type it in and get into my computer. If I remove the password function, I can get in right away, but I'm not allowed to have a computer without password protection for work purposes so I can't do that.

I call them back and after trying to do the same stuff they did before and me arguing with them about how that had already been done. They say that the next steps are "advanced troubleshooting tactics" and can only be performed if I pay for those services. They weren't going to physically fix my computer hands-on, they wanted me to pay them just to run diagnostics on my computer, not even to fix it.

I kept on fighting with them about how they were the ones that caused this issue in the first place and that I kept on telling the previous person not to do a system restore. I asked them to look at their call records and notes to see what had happened and they said that they "don't record calls", something which I know isn't true, and that the notes don't say anything about me being against it. I always thought highly of Microsoft but I guess I confused a good product with a good company. If I see a class action lawsuit somewhere, I'll be jumping on that train for sure. To put things into perspective, the guys over at Microsoft make the people over at Comcast look like angels.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

On Dec. 16, 2013, my husband purchased a Surface Pro 2 from Best Buy as a present to me. When he purchased the Surface at a cost of about $1,100, he thought he was getting a quality product from a company that stands behind their products. Unfortunately, we learned the hard way that just because you spend a lot of money on something doesn’t mean you will get a good buy.

Yesterday, the button that starts up my Surface Pro wouldn’t depress to turn on. I assumed when I went to the Geek Squad at Best Buy that it would be an easy fix. Not only could they not fix it, they said Microsoft no longer makes the part for it. They gave me the number to obtain Microsoft support, saying that maybe they could help me. When I called the toll free number, after approximately 30 minutes of waiting, I was finally connected with someone who told me the same thing as the man from Geek Squad.

No parts are available, but if I wanted, I could spend $699.99 and get another Surface Pro 2; however, it would not come with a warranty for parts. So basically, I was told that the button assembly would cost me $699.99. Seriously? We work very hard for our money, and thought that a company like Microsoft would stand behind its product. I am disgusted that there is no other solution. Please know that the best and worst advertisement is through word of mouth, and I plan on spreading the word about my experience.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

After Microsoft forced me to install Windows 10 over 7 & 8, on my desktop and laptop, my work computer has never been able to be connected to my printer, making my printer useless. My desktop has never been the same since. Now after my unsatisfactory experience with this product for more than a year, and with unapproved updates, etc., I get a message that completely blocked my continued usage! In fact, the message read stated that they have tried to prompt me to get the update, and now I must click install!

I check off a couple of boxes just to get through the process. A message states that clicking "OK" will not close the application because Windows is working "behind the scenes" on my computer to prep it for the updates. That was two weeks ago. Now I have no computer, no printer, and no laptop. Where is the line forming for a class action lawsuit? I am fed up with this, and it has to be illegal on many levels! This monster program even removed key features on my HP computers, even HP support.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I would have scored them a zero but it would not allow me. I pay monthly for Microsoft and the program quit working. I called Microsoft and they said the firewall was off and it was going to cost $149 a year to have it turned back on. We then disconnected and I turned the firewall on FOR FREE. The program still would not work and I called back. They then told me that it would be $149 for them to fix it. WHAT A RIP OFF!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I bought a new computer. As soon as I put it online a hacker got in and a page came up saying They were Microsoft and I was to call them to service my computer because it was hacked. They put my call through to their service and the person was (East Indian accent) helped me with reinstalling Microsoft. There were hackers and viruses. They said, in order for me to keep my computer from this happening again I needed to go to the store and buy three $100.00 iTunes cash cards, call her back and give her the numbers from them. It would cost me $300.00. She said she would call me back the next day to get the cash card numbers off to pay her for the service.

The next day when she called I had told her that if she ever called me again I would report her to the police. I told her that I already reported her to Microsoft and all she said at the end of the phone call was "OK I won't call you." This is my experience with Microsoft service. Now I don't know what number to call for service because I can't trust them. Then I called iTunes to report fraudulent activity concerning these cash cards. I got through to their fraud department I started talking to them telling them about the incident and the first thing that the woman did was hang up on me. They did not want to hear about the incident for some reason. I still am going to call them back.

Maybe they're involved some way but I can't trust any of these companies at this point when it comes to my computer hacking, security and you shouldn't either. I'm a disabled senior they saw they could take advantage of me and they sure tried and now to this day I'm getting phone calls every single day concerning my computer, all with eastern Indian accents. All wanting money.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

If there was a minus 10 star rating on here, I would choose that but 1 star is the lowest so 1 it shall be!! I've been using Microsoft Office for many years and I was forced into upgrading to Microsoft Office 2016 a few months ago… Biggest mistake of my life!!! I have 10 computers in my office and they all have the same issues, it is unstable, always stops responding and crashes… I've had to reinstall Outlook numerous occasions too as it's just mysteriously disappeared from my computer… I will never ever suggest Microsoft Office to anyone in my life again… Spare yourself the headache… Desperately searching for an alternative to this crap!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

For the last few weeks I have had a Microsoft popup over my games and movies which said: Restart now or restart on a schedule or keep bugging me. By 'bugging me' they mean popping up over my games and movies, killing me in game and aggravating me in real life. Finally, I restarted and let the incredible intrusive nagger win this little war of wills. Predictably, it completely hosed my computer. I had to reinstall Windows 10, losing all my files and games and causing me a week of work. I cannot imagine a more disrespectful, high-handed, snotty way to force me to ruin a perfectly good computer. Microsoft, you just made an enemy. I won't slash your tires, but if I ever figure out a way to make you pay me for the time you wasted, expect a hefty bill.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I would like to report that Microsoft has a new practice of downloading Windows 10 without permission or consent. One day I opened my computer to the blue screen of death. I have a Toshiba laptop computer purchased in 2013 that came with Windows 7 from Best Buy. It's still fairly new since I use my iPhone for basically everything. Back to the blue screen when I opened my computer to play videos. I turned the computer off then back on to notice that Windows 10 was now on my computer that I didn't give consent or maybe tricked into consent that I nor my husband both deny ever signing for. I was like wow??? How do they just download a whole new program not even knowing if your computer can take such a download. What if I was using an old computer then what?

So, I, just basically closed my computer and only used it for watching videos every now and then because I had no idea how to use the new program and was still livid at the nerve of Microsoft. Fast forward to another time I opened to watch favorite videos that I noticed Microsoft is downloading updates that took at least two hours. Now I'm fuming about this whole intrusion plus not having a clue who to call or what to do. So, I watched in horror to the end of the unauthorized intrusion then closed again. Fast forward to yesterday, I open my computer to the sign in page again meaning Microsoft downloaded something else again, but after putting my password in, I get a frozen screen.

Long story short, my computer keeps telling me to shut down for more downloading to finish from this company Microsoft Windows 10 all over again. I also notice that they installed their own Virus protection also, and I already have one installed. Lastly, I said all of this to say that now my computer isn't opening any of my programs or apps, and just stays frozen. All because Microsoft downloaded their new faulty program Windows 10 to my fairly new computer that seems as though their program isn't compatible at all with my computer. I tried everything but still frozen! Thanks for letting me vent! I will keep anyone interested in updates on this complaint!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Purchased a Surface Pro. 5 business day shipping. 10 businesses days passed no shipment information. Customer service keeps telling me tomorrow. That tomorrow never arrives! I can not even cancel order! I have to receive the Surface Pro and return it to cancel the order. They cannot even sell their product. What a joke.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Windows 10 is the type of update that changes long standing Microsoft people into Mac users. After a forced update my once perfect laptop has been in a toggling war between bouts of refusing to perform and simply crashing. This circular demise does not even allow for one to get into their computer and figure out what is going on because Microsoft 10 update apparently has a long standing feud with (Nvidia graphics driver). The most annoying part of this struggle is the more than lackluster customer service.

At times, you as the customer are required to perform linguistical surgery to be understood and to be on the same page, while also dodging added sales pitches. What is even more maniacal, is the automatic update that only insinuates a more conglomerate crack down on ** software updates forcing users to either buy a new laptop or simply picking up a typewriter. As I was told via Microsoft customer support "lots of people are having this issue" I suggest Microsoft fix technologically crippling bugs before forcing updates that do nothing but make their product obsolete.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I'm disappointed. I was never really a Microsoft fan but I figured since I need one laptop to carry around, show presentations - why not Microsoft, acceptable price and quality, even though my true love has been always Apple. My bday 20th of March and my bf was kind enough to get me one Microsoft laptop. Two days later I decided to set up the account etc - oh well - rocket science, back and forth language this that, probably took me like 2 hours. Also I had two 'digit /code cards' - BullGuard and Microsoft, I obv never used the BullGuard since it's internet security or God knows what so I started with the Microsoft.

It took me some time, the account password, enter the digits, email etc well I managed, seemed to be fine and was working fine for few months. Till one day - preparing for updates, installing updates, undoing updates on DAILY BASIS!!! You can imagine how pleasant it was to work with such laptop. I obv got annoyed, bday present but still I need to get some work done, waiting on the Microsoft undoing the updates back and forth was not my goal.

I personally love quality and I never believed in quantity. Sooo - I obv was up to a point hey, wasted money, not cool. I contacted the Microsoft live chat, the agent was polite connected to my laptop this and that so I explained that I cannot use the word it was saying, the account wasn't active etc. so he did what he could - polite and nice agent, and then he goes to me "hey do you have a receipt or that digit card" - I'm like "No I don't, why would I keep such things since it's technology and you can pretty much trace everything these days..." I obv said the true it was a present and I threw out the code card and the box and I never had the receipt since it was a present.

At the end, he offered me one free month trial - even though the card supposed to last for 1 year. I refused - my answer sounded more like - "I'm not here to beg. I obv have an issue with your product and why would I waste my time and your time by looking up how to fix this thing called laptop." It never recognized a single email address I signed up with in a first place, my only thought was - I used it for few months and they are saying they cannot find it - so how on earth your system is working if you can't trace your sold products? I found some blogs online reg the issue I have, so many out there like me so many. It's the Principle - I contact you guys and you saying that you cannot find any info that I'm holding your laptop or that I used Microsoft, then why all the 'create the account' fuss and I should pay just because there is no info about it.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My computer recently did the Auto update for Windows 10. The Update cause my computer to continually reboot, freeze, Reboot, & repeat. I contacted Microsoft on 7/31/17, about this issue. After, now five days, of the tech support trying to fix my problem (walking us thru uninstalls, reinstalls of the IOS, the tech remotely accessing My comp to fix it, on 2 separate days) the Comp still isn't fixed.

Last night, I called back to speak to a supervisor; (see YouTube link: https://youtu.be/XAPVaE019Kc ). I am highly disappointed and appalled at the treatment I have received, especially when the floor supervisor called me rude, & started yelling at me. I am the customer, who has spent 5 days trying to get their computer fixed due to an update that the operating system company caused. I just want this issue resolved. I'm an Active Duty (enlisted) Military Spouse, that runs an art based business from home with my comp. This has lost me income for my family.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Microsoft wrote a buggy protocol that is difficult to get working correctly in Linux. Basically they broke Android. When UMS (USB Mass Storage) was on Android, I really didn't care if apps couldn't access files. I was not using the apps... So why should I care? Enter MTP. A poorly written piece of software by... Surprise! MICROSOFT! When Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) came around, UMS was missing, instead MTP was the only option, or PTP (camera). It was supposed to be "plug n play" but only if you were using Windows. And even if you were transferring anything but Windows Media files, Windows will idiot-proof you into not transferring the file unless you tell it to. Every. Single. Time.

The Android can play MP3s, Ogg Vorbis, and anything else. Including WMA/WMV. (As long as they weren't encumbered with DRM.) And new files? Forget it. Won't show up until you reboot your phone. What is this? Windows Phone? Android is based upon Linux. Linux doesn't require rebooting.

And it's still a pain to get it working in Linux. Even in latest Linux distros. Microsoft, I'm pointing the blame at YOU. Not Google.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

After Microsoft ran one of its updates, my PC was horribly affected. It lost its signal strength, it was re-formatted, and other things were changed without my consent. I called Microsoft to see if they could help me. They told me they would help me reverse the update. I have a custom made PC and told them the type of computer I had. The Filipino customer service agent started to complain about how little he was being paid and how much he hated working there. Then, without my permission, he put my computer on reset (not reformat) and told me he would call me back to help me get things going. I never heard back from him. I called Microsoft back to follow up on it. He never even gave me a case number - obviously didn't want me to let people know what he had done.

After several calls and discussions I know that his name is Julian and I have the case number. He destroyed my PC. The manager told me that the level 2 techs and his supervisor would call me the next day. Never heard from either department - still haven't. Very professional - destroy a computer, promise a call to help, then never call back. Avoid this company AT ALL COSTS!!! They ruined a brand new computer and don't care at all. They will NEVER care about us - only about our $$$. Don't buy a brand name computer with Microsoft products. If you are, go with a small company that will support you in times of crisis. The company that I bought the computer from is located in Nebraska and all of the employees are residents of Nebraska. They will repair it for free because it is under warranty. DO NOT BUY A CORPORATE COMPUTER!!! MICROSOFT IS A CROOK!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

DON'T BUY. As an Owner of the firm I was told they could not help me with my problem unless they spoke to an Administrator (who was in the hospital). When told of the situation they still said they needed to talk to them... AWFUL AWFUL service. They spent 45 minutes informing me of their security protocol. Just send them the monthly fee. Need a zero star category...

Original review: July 26, 2017

Microsoft & Dell admitted to me that Windows 10 Update corrupted my hard drive and the motherboard of my new 6 month old desktop computer. I have been dealing with Premium Support at Dell for 6 weeks and now waiting for approval to replace the entire tower system with a new one. Dell spent 4 weeks, countless attempts to manually correct the issue by logging in remotely. Microsoft tech logged on remotely to two of my computers to upload new drivers, and both systems crashed. Microsoft even sent a flash drive with the drivers and still it crashed. Two techs have come to my home with new hard drives and a new motherboard, and the computer will not start up.

This is totally unacceptable! If this were a hack, it would have been resolved immediately. Is it possible this is collusion between Microsoft, Dell and many of the repair techs in that they all are making money in new computers having to be purchased by end users unaware of this, manufacturer of hard drives, and all the repair tech companies. I am looking to join a class action lawsuit or start one. I have lost up to $4000 trying to get this resolved in my inability to work and use my computers for school. I am still without a computer. Both of mine crashed completely. Help! Get me off this crazy train.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I was forced to create a Gmail account in order to access various services such as Microsoft Office. I created the account about five years ago, and use it only when I am forced to (in order to sign into something else.) Each time I have used that email address ONLY ONCE, I was forced to change my password yet again the next time, because EACH AND EVERY time I use the one I created the previous time, I was told that ONCE AGAIN, it was WRONG, even though I'd recorded it meticulously in my password book, AGAIN.

In five years I have never been able to find assistance of any kind of assistance through the supposed "chat" link, or any other technological means, (and over the phone? Don't be silly!) That dead link only took me right back to a place to change my password, yet again! Once again, you guessed it! I would change it, but could use it only ONCE! (Completing the Office activation procedure, I must be able to access it twice in a row!)

After three hours of trying to look up how to get help, calling people, clicking links, changing my password again and again, I had to give up attempting to sign into the useless $100 Microsoft Office 365 program I wasted my money on. Now, my speech is three hours late being written, and I failed to meet my client's last-minute deadline. Many of the speeches are last minute - it's the nature of the business. This is the first time I've failed to meet it, and I failed because Microsoft is one tremendous TEN THUMBS DOWN, FAIL!!! Product quality = MASSIVE FAIL! Customer Service = PATHETIC FAIL!

I simply must imagine that Microsoft is run by a bunch of greedy people who tinker with our technology, and mess up our lives by requiring we use their sub-standard products, but make themselves decidedly unavailable to customers, so I've decided to take a pen to paper, since I can't use Word, and send several letters to several people to see if there is really anyone out there! I'll follow up with some owls. Also, I find it hilarious and ironic that I have to constantly prove I'm not a fat, old robot sitting here begging for help and TRYING, fruitlessly to use my services, when I have become completely convinced that the Microsoft execs are probably on some tropical island somewhere, having left their entire business to be run a bunch of "trusty" robots!

Original review: July 18, 2017

I attempted to use my Office 365 on July 17, 2017. I was unable to access Word or any other 365 application. I have spent numerous hours on the phone with Microsoft Support to no avail. My Office 365 still does not work. I'm furious with technical support. It's apparent that no one seems familiar with Office 365 being used on an iPad. I was switched to numerous tech supporters; not one could resolve the problem with this applications inability to run.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I bought Microsoft DVD player online. It didn't work properly (every time I paused a DVD, I had to re-start it.) Kristina-Mae, Rieshelle, Patrick ** and Anne all tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, without success, so I asked for a Level 2 technician. Anne scheduled a call-back for me. That never happened. So I called again today and spoke to Philip, who took control of my computer remotely and promised to call back after Windows 10 was reinstalled. That callback never happened either. And now I can't even log in to my computer because Philip created a test account that blocks my own account. Since then I've spoken to Sushmita, Eshaam (Level 2), Diego, Rajiv and John. All useless. None of them could resolve the problem, and every time I get connected to Level 2 the line goes dead. Time for an Apple, I think.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Windows 10. A test update wiped my computer clean of all programs it seems. My computer was working perfectly before the update. I got a message that the update was scheduled to start later. As I was done for the day I chose to start update and went to bed. Next morning my computer was useless. I contacted support. They could not get into my computer so they had me try several things. Nothing worked. Support had me do a restore and said they would call me 3:30 pm the next day. The restore did not work.

I did not get a call by 4 pm the next day. I called support again. They said the number I provided did not work. I beg to differ. I provided the number to their support website and they called me back. So they had the correct number. They did hang up on me twice before I got through to someone. I was also told that they sent me emails. I haven't received any emails. They said they were having problems with their system and that's probably why I haven't received any but I should reply to emails. That is really stupid. Now they want me to wait 3 hours to call them back to get to level 2 support.

Getting through to support is a nightmare. The system hangs up. Sound quality is terrible. I asked why they could not call me. They said technical problems prevent them from doing that, this is Microsoft. They can't get a phone system that works? I still have not received an email to verify the next phone call. My computer has been wiped for 3 days. Microsoft said they would protect my computer from online virus. They have done that. It is protected from anyone using it. I am happy I decided not to trust Windows 10 with my small photography business. I would be in a world of hurts if I did that.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Worst customer service, do not purchase Office 365!!! Do not purchase. All these people from India they do not understand English, they talk over you, they do not respect you, they do not know what they are doing, they do not fix anything, they do not listen, they promise to help and do not, they keep you on the phone all day, they remotely take over your computer and change things that do not have to do with Office 365, they changed my computer settings and even the font is awful. I have had 7 calls in 2 days for over 12 hours.

Microsoft Company Information