3.73/5

961 Microsoft Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

The support is wholly worthless. It took them 33 minutes to tell me they wouldn't help. They transferred me back and forth between the commercial and consumer branches - even though I had a case number from the previous day - and ultimately said I had to call a software reseller for support. Numerous delays on hold; several "validation codes" sent to my email address, etc.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I called the 1-800-642-7676 Microsoft customer service number to fix a problem I was having getting into my email account. All they wanted to do was hack into computer I was using. I have called them before about the same problem and they same thing and all I got was problems with my laptop computer. So, this time I refused.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Trying to get a refund of my Xbox Live subscription. Forgot the MS account it was under, but rep found the transaction with the credit card I used. Walked me through the refund request online. Got an email a couple days later denying the refund. Called MS back, it's incredibly hard to reach a person. After 3 hours, the third rep looked me up by game tag as her and the previous two couldn't look it up with the credit card. But the guy days earlier could?

Found out my Xbox Live account is hooked to an old email from a small business I had but has been shut down since 09. I no longer remember the password to the old email, so there is no way to receive a code they send to access the account and help me. Four hours, four different reps over two different days, and still no resolution. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge. I'll never do business with Microsoft again. The whole situation if as been worse than pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Last MS update 7/31/2019 they knocked out my entire audio system. I was able to reload all drivers except Bluetooth. Now they tell me that my computer was never Bluetooth enabled because the WIN file is knocked out and my devices are not recognized. Round and round with lies and hours on the phone begging them to reinstall drivers I've paid for with Win 10 to no avail. TNigerian rip off these days. Take our money then shut down our products. Leave us out here with a dead system. I have had MS since 1988. I had no idea what was going on with MS and their plan to desert their investors. I will call my investment firm after posting this and pull out for sure. I do not believe in affiliating with Corporations that fleece citizens of their money. Awful!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I have a complaint against Microsoft. You guys cannot forcibly make me change my password. I logged in from a different state. You should ask me. Because of you I have to remember a password I won't remember. It affected my dates of emails when not synced. It affected my other devices. I cannot open files from the cloud. And the cloud app won't show me sign in page. You don't allow calls, you don't allow humans to talk over phone. You don't allow high personnel to make fair decision on phone. You don't provide options to customer through online bots. Seems you don't care at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: July 31, 2019

I was on the phone with customer service on 7/31/2019. After Windows updated my laptop a few weeks ago, the Office program was removed, I no longer have access to this program. However I was informed on 7/26/2019 by another customer service rep to call 1-800-642-7676 to call and they would research and install the program on my computer.

Today, I was informed since my account did not show any subscription to Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013, (DUH!! IT WAS DELETED BY THEIR UPDATE), there is nothing they can do, since they don't offer it any more. My only option was to purchase Microsoft Office 365 for $69.95 per year or a one time purchase of $120 for 2019 Microsoft Home & Student. This is unacceptable practice, and I told the rep that, asked if there was another way to get a different program on my computer since THEIR UPDATE SOMEHOW REMOVED my prior program. As I continued to become adamant about the process of them stealing money and confirming Apple would be better to go to, the customer service rep hung up on me. Highly irritated, and totally unsatisfied with the results. Does this happen often>? I SHOULD HOPE NOT.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Worst tech support I've ever had to deal with. All they ever do, is downplay you like you don't know the first thing about Windows services (condolences if you actually don't) and don't even bother to actually address the issue at hand. In fact they do everything in their power to make your issue...even worse. My laptop force updated to the latest Windows 10 update and upon calling tech support, they gave me a corrupted Windows media creation tool and now.. I can't even boot Windows. Along with that, their online tech support told me that you're not supposed to "just move ISO files onto a usb" but when instructed they did exactly that. These people might actually be dumb in the head and have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I am currently on the phone waiting for somebody from the customer service team of Office 365 to come to the phone. It has been 1 hour and 7 minutes. Incredible that a company as large as Microsoft doesn't consider customer service a priority. All I am trying to do is give them business as I no longer want to use G-Suite. Looks like Google will keep my business at this point.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Microsoft is a big scam. I’m extremely disappointed with my experience and never recommend this greedy leach to anyone. Customer service is useless (good luck talking with a human being). They make it nearly impossible for a customer to get a hold of a person and it looks like they try to discourage customers by having them waste precious time navigating their site. I have been facing fraudulent charges for over a year and have not had my personal payment accounts linked in my account for a while. But every time I get a replacement debit or credit card, I lose a few thousands. I tried to cancel the account and received a confirmation that it will be processed and closed in 90 days. Really? 90 days of seeing my account depleted? Unbelievable.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I purchased a gaming laptop on Microsoft store online. Its performance is not meeting my expectation so I requested a return on Jun 26 and the item was returned on July 05. Based on their return policy, I should get it by July 12. However I got zero penny for that until July 25. Every time I contacted with their customer service I got different reply. Like the refund has been processed, you should see it. Finally it turns out that guy was fooling me around. Another time, one lady said she escalate the case and I should get official reply from Microsoft, but I didn't. And then another guy said that lady did wrong for the escalation.

Next week I turn out to receive an email about going to refund for a previously purchase laptop (not the one I returned, much lower price). Finally another supervisor is taking on this. But they are still asking for returning information about the case that I have provided a lot of times. It seems their management is chaotic and everyone is trying to fool me around. Everyone is saying he is going to taking care of my case personally. But I can hardly reach them. NO PURCHASE ON MICROSOFT STORE ONLINE!

Microsoft Company Information