1.08/5

877 Microsoft Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I enjoy reading some of the articles under "Sponsored Sites". However I am bombarded with a ton of ads, which is annoying the heck out of me. Each "sponsored page" gives a one or two bi-lines and multitude of ads, before having to click "next" for the remainder of the "story", which goes on for 30-40 minutes. This then turns into 30+ minutes of the nonsense... just to read a story-line. I also want to say that recently (the last few days) I've seen less ads showing up on the articles that I had read.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My computer crashed, I purchased Home & Office 2016 and installed and activated the product. A month ago, my computer had another issue and so the company I use to repair my computer said I need to re-install. I did not have time and I took it to them. At that time I created an Outlook account, like everyone else. Per the Repair person's urging I wrote my Password down on a card and kept it a secret when I purchased the product. I lost the card.

So a month ago, I took down my information and not the card. Microsoft urged me to open another account. Now, No Purchases have been associated with my new email address. I went through the security review at least 10 times now, and they cannot verify I did purchase the product. I finally got through on the sales line and actually received some assistance and a case # but I cannot get my information verified. I have been calling all day, too busy. Message says my issue can be resolved with a Paid Subscription. I have Paid Enough. I need the documents on my computer. I need my Resume for a Job Interview on Friday. I work the rest of the week. I have been getting the run around so much, All I want is what I paid for.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was trying to solve a simple technical issue in Outlook. I contact support via Live Chat and they said they could not resolve the issue because I'm a Business customer. They gave me a phone number to call, then after answering a dozen questions, they told me they were unable to support me since I purchased the product from a vendor. It's the same Outlook, and they could have provided support - they just refuse to use their resources to do so. In conclusion, Microsoft has become too large to support its customers, and they have lost touch with who they're serving. They don't care about you, and will refuse to support you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

My computer automatically updated to Windows 10. That was fine, I told myself. Then... then I realize that all my basic apps are missing. I got to play a DVD and I no longer have a DVD Player app. So I go to the App Store like it suggests and... it asks me to buy it. A DVD APP TO PLAY A MOVIE I ALREADY BOUGHT ON MY COMPUTER WHICH I BOUGHT. I bought a whole computer. That includes the ability to play DVDs. So now I have to pay 15 dollars to play them?! That is beyond ridiculous. I will never buy another Windows computer again!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased an HP laptop and either never received the keycode by email for Office or didn't see it. I paid for the program when I purchased the laptop ($150). I called to ask for the keycode and after multiple calls, and showing proof of the purchase, they said they could do nothing or me. Although I bought the lifetime license, where I never have to renew, they said I would have to buy the program again to get another keycode for $150. This is like buying a car and losing a key and the dealership says 'Sorry, you'll have to buy a new car!' I also didn't know that if you don't use the keycode for 6 months after purchase, it becomes null and void and won't work - even though you bought it and it's yours.

What I learned from this call - NEVER EVER have a computer company add on any programs. Buy them yourself and add them on. I paid $21 through a company in the UK to get Office Professional after this fiasco. HP and MS wanted $150 for ANOTHER COPY of the Student Home edition which does not include the mail program. I also learned when an MS supervisor asks you to hold for a few minutes and you hold on for 45 minutes and hang up, they call you back. Customer service sucks at this company. I spent hours on chat and on the phone for them to say they could do nothing for me. Very, very aggravated when the back and forth was over with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I watch Netflix, Hulu, and NFL Gamepass all the time AND AFTER A RECENT MICROSOFT UPGRADE USING THE EDGE BROWSER, I NOW HAVE TO LOG IN COMPLETELY EVERY TIME where I only had to type in my password before. To me, this is stupid and annoying. I switched to the Firefox browser and now every website that I have logged into before comes up with username and password already typed in and all I have to do is click log in. The past six days I have emailed Microsoft two times about this and still no response. Online is hundreds of customer complaints about their stupidity, greed and horrible customer service. What used to be a fairly good corporation is going to hell and getting worse every day. I wonder if Bill Gates really knows all this or if he really cares.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been using Windows all my life and a product that Microsoft made. Why should I pay for technical support with Microsoft when all of these other companies offer free technical support. Like Microsoft is the worst company I have ever talked to in case of deal with customer server. They expect a person to pay for troubleshooting a problem dealing with Microsoft Windows a product from them. It's BULL!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was on the phone with Microsoft's support line for about an hour and a half. After step by step they took me through to verify that I had purchased Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 Home (he kept saying Windows 10 Pro) I had to dig out my old computer case and find the Windows 7 Home Premium product key that I had, and after waiting on hold for a very long time, I was told that I was going to get a new key to activate Windows 10 on my computer that I had to reinstall Windows 10 to.

Well turns out at the very end of this long hour and a half holding session that they forgot to mention I would have to spend $40 USD in order to get this Windows 10 Pro key (even though I only wanted a Windows 10 Home key...) so I said, "No thank you, I could get one cheaper on alternate websites for about $20 if I really wanted. I just wanted to get my Windows 10 Home already installed activated so it would stop bugging me about it. Thanks anyway Microsoft for basically wasting my night," kind of frustrating the gentleman was so nice the entire time in helping me but it was just a pointless phone call where they wanted to extort me for money instead of just saying "oh you already had a Windows key and need it reactivated? Well you have to pay us". GG Microsoft, GG.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I'm not sure the actual phone reps that you talk to after pushing your way through the robotic jungle to an actual rep know that they're lying, but they are. I called on Tuesday to confirm my 2.5-year-old Surface Pro 4 was as trashed as I thought it was. Flickering, shadowed screen. I'd already uninstalled the graphics drivers myself per online troubleshooting guides so I wasn't optimistic The patient tech (Mary) talked me through resetting the drivers and after about 2 hours of not getting any results, she says "This is a known issue with your system. We will send you a replacement at no charge." "Great," I said knowing already that meant that it would be no party on my end, reinstalling everything.

I couldn't be happy about it but she said "We take ownership of this problem and will replace the system." Even though it is out of warranty, I asked for confirmation. She agreed that it would be replaced even though it was out of warranty. She said that I would get an email with a shipping label to return and was careful to tell me how I needed to pack it and to take a photograph in case there was damage in transit, etc. The shipping label hadn't arrived within 24 hours so I waded through the morass that is their "support" website and made contact with an online chat person named Zy.

Zy was able to use my Service Request Number to find the case and assured me that he didn't know why I hadn't received the label but assured me he would check into it and I should have it within a few hours. The next morning, today, 8/20/18, I received an email from Zy, saying that he had run into a snag in that I had purchased the system elsewhere. Not true, I purchased it directly from MS online, January 22, 2016. Groaning, I called the number on the email hoping against hope that it would be a direct line to support. Nope. Same robo answering loop I was in on the first day.

After several minutes, I got a live person on the line, Yorvin, who was delighted that I had a service number and looked it up quickly and was just as puzzled as Zy about why I hadn't received the label. He told me that it was the shipping company's fault. They had authorized it and that somehow the shipping company had dropped the ball. RIGHT... He said he would follow it through the process and took my call-back number and promised to call me back in about 30 minutes to confirm I had received the label.

It's been 4 hours. When I first placed the call, I just wanted to confirm that my system was trash, they didn't have to get my hopes up that it would be replaced. There's no point in doing that if they had no intention of following through. You know follow-through, we used to do that... The horrible part is I love my Surface Pro 4. It's a wonderful machine, does everything I want it to and quickly. I would've bought another if they'd told me that it was out of warranty and it wasn't supported. But they didn't. They fed me a line of BS. Now I don't think I can buy another Microsoft system. So very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called in for a simple request of getting Microsoft Edge to open and you all turned it into a major overhaul of my computer when you reinstalled Window 10, which corrupted my profile - so you thought you could just create another profile and everything would be ok. Well, it isn't OK **. I have lost 5 days of time and the lost over $2000 in productivity trying to get everything back to the way it was, and would have been lost if it weren’t for my IT Technician (and I had to pay him out of my pocket - I should charge you for his services!!!). I don’t trust you anymore and will probably never call you again or recommend you to anyone. Go ahead and send me a satisfaction survey. Pissed Off.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

So I get a brand new laptop, and I immediately try to download Chrome. Not only is there a smarmy message about how Microsoft edge is better (it isn't and never will be) and I should use it instead, I also get a prompt saying "S-mode is enabled" meaning I can't download ANYTHING Microsoft doesn't make itself. No game clients, and certainly not Chrome. It came off as really desperate to be better than Google. Everything about Microsoft is second rate in every regard, including their endless need to shove Bing down everyone's throats. In the words of a wise woman, "Stop making Bing trying to happen, it's never gonna happen." If I didn't want such a cheap laptop I wouldn't have stooped so low as to buy a product from Microsoft's desperate plea for attention, so please, try not to strong arm people into liking and using your products. It only makes me hate the company even more.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I ordered an Xbox One X, the item was being returned by UPS due to a "hazardous material irregularity." The item never made it to it destination. I contacted Microsoft and was told that only once they get the item back will refund my money and then I had to do a whole new order to get a new Xbox One X. I did not have any options but to get my money back and then I had to do another order.

All I wanted was a replacement of what I already paid for and did not get. I provided the tracking number showing that I never received the item and even provided a return tracking number that UPS provided that showed the item was returned to them 3 days prior, of which Microsoft had no record of. after several more hours of phone calls and several supervisors. I was finally given a service number and told and they will replace my items and mail it. I was also told I will have a tracking number by Monday at the latest, in my email. Monday has rolled around and yet no tracking number. I will NEVER order through Microsoft again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This company has no customer service at all, I placed an order and they charged me for it, then sent me one of the two products. Checking over my bank account they charged me for the more expensive one and sent me the lesser one. They then continued to keep on charging my bank account 12 times for the lesser item. My bank is currently unable to unfreeze the finances due to all 12 being in process for 3 days now, I have called and spoken to several supervisors, no one is able to help, all I've gotten is "that it has been escalated". They do not have a phone number or email address for this said department, I was also told "I just need to be patient and someone will get back to me with in 24-48 hours." Nothing about it being or how they plan on getting this resolved.

We're not talking about a little bit money either, I explained that they drained my account to $6.00. I made another call again talking to a different supervisor, he refused to help and kept repeating himself and wouldn't let me talk and then hung up on me when asking for higher assistance. This interaction has been a complete nightmare, their customer service is nothing but a joke! I have never experienced service this poorly, I advise everyone to not use them! I have never experienced customer service this terrible!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have been a paid member for two years now, and have been disappointed every time I call them for support. First, the computer bot tries to dissuade you from getting through to a live human being, even though this is supposed to be the paid support number. Second, the people are overseas so the quality of telephone connection is poor and on top of it there is a language barrier due to the heavy accent. Third, they seem to only know the most basic stuff, anything that is more than a third grader's education level they are simply lost.

The problem is rather than telling you they don't know, they try to do something, which most of the time causes more damage than the original problem. Today I called to ask a simple question about Windows 10 backup feature. I was told that they are not trained to discuss that. When I said why the paid technical support does not discuss a well known Windows 10 feature, the technician kept repeating the same line that she is not trained on this. It took me 2 days to reach a supervisor to ask my question. I will NEVER use Microsoft paid support again. They are the worst.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

For many years I use Microsoft and any of their products, but since new generation and the expansion of Microsoft all the things we know as assurance they all disappear. We can't contact directly the support, we are always talking with a bot, games we uninstall that it install by itself and the bad services is growing more and more faster. Who supervise Microsoft? How we pass them through? How can we continue evolving without everything collapse? I don't receive anything in exchange and I don't want any money, like otherwise, I don't want be charge or harmed.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have had the same issue for over a year and cannot get technical support without paying for it. It all began when I did one of their critical updates or they did an auto update. When I open a new document and start typing and then When I go to save it, it often looks like it has saved but has locked up Word. I have to force quit. And when I go to reopen the document is it blank. Very upsetting and frustrating. I think it is appalling that Microsoft demands I pay for their defective product that I did not create nor cause the issue with.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have since learned I am not the only one this happened to. Microsoft started doing updates without the warnings and if you turned your computer off whilst it was updating it caused it to crash. This cost me to have fixed + lost me 5 days of working. Having got my computer back Word & Excel asked me to sign in or I would lose them, tried this but as it had originally been set up by the store and although I thought I had the password. nothing worked. I couldn't reset password as I don't have a mobile and 3 days on they still haven't responded to the questions I had to answer to access to reset. Not impressed Microsoft.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

When someone hacked my email account for Hotmail/Outlook, Microsoft wanted verification that they made impossible to give. They wanted me to fill in my email address where the letters were missing, HOWEVER, there was NO possible way to do that! Nothing to click on, no cursor, no button, nothing! Not only that, but the email address I gave them for in case my first one was compromised ALSO wouldn't let me in because Microsoft controlled that one too!

I finally found a way in thru a rarely used email site. But Microsoft really puts you thru the mill with the questions! They wanted email addresses of several people that I email - which was not easy to do given the fact that I couldn't access my address book because it's in the email site I'm locked out of! I finally came up with a couple, such as my insurance agent's address. Okay, so that was challenging - but it gets worse! The questionnaire wanted EXACT subject lines that I used in sending emails! Who can remember subject lines? If it wasn't for emails that just had my timesheet dates, I never would have been able to furnish a single subject line. Microsoft, we get that you want to protect us - but please, make it so that we can actually DO what your message box is telling us to do!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I bought a Surface Pro 4 for my daughter's birthday. We were trying to use the computer and set it up but once we did the touchscreen nor the pen worked. We went to the store and they did updates and all and we spent like 2 hours at the store and they said it was all fixed, but when we got home and checked if the touchscreen worked it didn't, neither did the pen! Then we go back to the store 1 year later and they did updates again and the guy he left and said he was going to come back. We ask the guy to come back with our computer and he said there was a hardware problem. We ask, "What can we do?" and he says that they can try and fix it or we would have to pay $440 to repair it! This product sucks. Do NOT buy it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Worst program I have ever used to the point where I may be switching my business exclusively to Gmail. How the government permits such a crap email program to exist is frightening. You add email addresses to the program and they disappear. 2007, 2011 were great. This Office 365 is a piece of **.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I would give minus stars if I could. This company decided to lock two of my email accounts due to "security reasons" because I switched to a different location. In order to recover the accounts they send a code to another account you have linked to that email. Just so happens both of the locked accounts were linked to each other so I had no access to the code.

I contacted support, because yeno, they are supposed to help you. The first person told me to fill out an account recovery form, which I filled out to the best I could. I can assure you all information was 100% correct and there was a lot of it. They emailed back saying "Sorry. Unfortunately you didn't provide us with enough information for us to clarify this is your account." So I try again and again and again with no avail. This takes me back to customer support where, guess what? You guessed it, "fill out this form."

SO YOU KNOW WHAT! I did with once again no avail. At this point it is obvious the account is mine yet they still deny me access. So I go back to customer support really laying down my situation and they say, "Sorry even though we have a team that has the power to unlock your account they decided to be total idiots and decline all your correct information. You can say goodbye to your accounts for good while I spam you with a load of nonsense," and end the conversation. Thanks Microsoft. You suck!

PS: don't think I am going to stop trying to get this account back, oh no, I'll do this for the rest of my life. Just to annoy your customer service team like you have kicked me around. I've attached an image to show you what your helpful "ACCOUNT RECOVERY" service spammed to me in 5 seconds flat before ending the conversation. Stupid company, stupid policies, don't use or you will get screwed over.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I got a Surface Pro 4 for Christmas, and I absolutely loved it, very slick machine, perfect size, lightweight, fast. Use it primarily for school, but used it for recreation as well. Two days after the Fourth of July I went to use it for school work, only for the tablet to not turn on. It was charging properly, and just two days prior was running perfectly. A quick google search and I found out this was a very common problem with the Surface Pro. I tried all the troubleshooting such as holding the power button and doing a hard reset, to no avail.

I called Microsoft customer service, and due to it being under warranty, they would accept the return and send a brand new one in its place. Everything went very smoothly, they even paid for the shipping. A week later I receive an email stating they cannot replace my Surface Pro due to “physical damage”. Another call to the service desk, this time getting the run around, would not explain the “physical damage” that they found to the machine. After explaining that it was working properly 2 days before this problem happened, and the machine had not been even touched since then, that it clearly had to be a hardware issue.

I received my Surface Pro back, and to my amazement, the machine still looked brand new. I took it to Geek Squad, where they verified to me that there was absolutely no physical damage, and the problem was strictly a malfunction in the hardware, and there was no reason why my warranty was voided. I was able to return my product to QVC with full refund, and once again was assured the problem was a hardware malfunction. I will never buy any Microsoft product outside of Office ever again after this.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased about a product valued about 3000$ from Microsoft store online. Once they shipped the product, they did NOT ask FedEx to ask for customer signature. FedEx guy also left the package on the porch. It caused me a lot of trouble [needed to cancel my doctor appointment and took a taxi - which all cost me over 100$] to get home and get the package. It ruined my unboxing experience and got me lots of stressed. ALTHOUGH I love the product itself, but I do not why Microsoft is so very irresponsible in providing a good customer care. I called their customer service couple of times to give them a feedback to fix this flaw in their delivery system, but they were so rude - not even accepting that this is their fault. VERY disappointment with their customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My entire family is increasingly concerned with Microsoft's treacherous behavior and after ~25 years of use of their products we decided that the PC with Windows 10 we purchased in 2016 was our last purchase of their products. What is happening? We realized that the company ever increasing greed made their products, especially Windows 10 extremely user-unfriendly. Skype that once was a beautiful and useful program became basically useless after acquisition by Microsoft.

Details: All together we have 4 PCs purchased between 2010 to 2016 with legal Microsoft office and other programs installed. In all relatively new PCs with Windows 10 we couldn't use our old Skype accounts with remaining money on them and the entire address book. How they did so? They simply made our passwords not working, we are not able to login in our old accounts. Instead they prompted us to create new accounts linked to Microsoft accounts where we could not transfer our old address books and money remaining on old accounts. So I lost $40, and my wife $7 with old accounts, They simply have stolen money from us.

For several past years mostly they do in their automatic Windows upgrades, they disable settings in our independent anti-virus software that block their own and their affiliates (as Yahoo for example) adware. After every Windows upgrade I have to check anti-virus and enable add-blocking again that was disabled during the upgrade. In Windows 10 there is no possibility to disable automatic Windows upgrade, but in Windows 7 this feature still presented and I was using it to avoid constant Microsoft interference with my computer, anti-virus program, and old version of Skype that was still working on my old 2010 computer. But most awful happened recently that brought my patience to red line, once I decided to allow Windows upgrade on that computer. After the last upgrade I couldn't any more login in my computer!

My Windows account password doesn't work anymore (I'm getting message - "incorrect password", the same which both I and my wife get while trying to login in old Skype accounts)!!! So, after 8 years of use of the computer with a lot of pictures and other information on it I simply can't access the computer anymore!!! No I'm not an Alzheimer patient, my password was very simple, just 1. Looks like Microsoft blocked the access to the computer altogether after the upgrade, I don't see any other possibility here, Windows starts normally and brings me to the login page successfully.

I think, Microsoft should be prosecuted for widespread violation of anti-monopoly laws, personal privacy laws, treacherous behavior, and stealing money from customers by intentional blocking access to old Skype and other accounts. I don't know anyone yet with blocked access to an old computer, but I'm sure I'm not the first one - any comments very welcome please.

Original review: July 8, 2018

As a 71 year old woman with poor hearing, marginal eyesight and who types with one arthritic finger, I use my computer for a lot of life's needs. My computer reads back to me and I can enlarge most things on the screen, however, Microsoft seems incapable of these accommodations. Of course they are holding me up to "renew a subscription" to be able to use MS Word and other apps that I formerly had been able to purchase outright. Furthermore, as a former college professor, recently retired, I had staff available to sort out downloading and other issues.

Now I am on my own and after numerous attempts to work through the online purchase process, I called the MS help desk. I explained my challenges to a nice young person, I think in the Philippines: 1) I cannot read the double lined, jammed-together letters which are not on a straight line - they are purposely designed to be unreadable by humans, I gather; 2) and when I pushed for the auto-audio icon, a series of words erupted very speedily; 3) I am a single digit typist with arthritis, so could not possibly keep up with the robot speaking the words I was supposed to type.

Sooo... nice young man whose name was unpronounceable, proceeded to transfer me to someone who could provide another option. I gently explained my challenges again to this young person, with a strong accent and inexplicable name - Hirang??- who promptly hung up on me. I was not rude, but my frustration may have winnowed through. Naturally, once again I was cornered into calling and paying a local IT guy - I live in a remote town of 500 in the middle of a three million acre national forest and at least 1.5 hours from just about anywhere. (I have had to call support with other issues that MS says they will fix for free if I just come into their office in Phoenix, Arizona. I can see distance to drive, but that is more than a 3 hour drive for me.)

To my mind these attempts to get money from consumers are at best unethical swindles and at worst fraud. I thought I BOUGHT the MS Office package with each of my computers, so if I am not able to access a free in-person fix, why can they not skip the fees for online assistance through the support desk. Now, MS Edge messages inform me of malware taking all my financial data and requires me to call and pay big bucks to fix it if lest they are "forced" to shut down my computer. (Feels almost like some kind of retribution.) I know this is not really MS, but neither does MS protect me from this kind of malware. This is one of the issues they say they will fix for free if only I will drive the three hours to Phoenix (one-way).

Several years ago I vowed never to buy another MS Product over similar issues, and my three or four purchased devices since then have not been MS. How can I divest myself of dependence on this company altogether. Apple is not the solution as according to my friends they struggle with it, and besides, it is too expensive.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I received my credit card bill and noticed charges for Microsoft Xbox, which I do not use. There were hundreds of dollars in charges. I called Microsoft. Apparently they outsource to the Philippines. I was on the phone for an hour and a half. I verified my name, address, phone number and credit card number but because I couldn't provide the email address of the person who stole my information both the agent and the supervisor I spoke with, refused to help me. The agent told me "I'm on your side. We will refund the charges."

The supervisor absolutely refused to help me. I told her, "So you're protecting the person who is stealing my money and committing fraud with my card?" She kept trying to get me to say that I had a child who got ahold of my card and opened the account and if that was the case THEN they could refund my money. She wanted me to lie for some reason? The call was supposedly monitored for quality purposes so I told her, "The agent I spoke with said your company would give me my money back." She said they would have to listen to the call. I know they aren't going to do that. They helped someone commit fraud and kept my money.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Windows 10 Spring Update Build 1803 has done irreversible damage to my desktop computer. This is a commercial computer with Windows 10 Enterprise, both the software and the computer itself cost over $5,000.00 to build and deploy. So far this update has cost over $50,000.00 in downtime and repairs, and it still is not repaired. I had done a fresh install of the operating system this morning June 30, 2018, during reboot the computer would not boot to Windows, instead it has booted to Diagnostic Mode and will not go to me login screen. I did a fresh install last night June 29, 2018, and the same results. That install was less than five days old and crashed on a netio.sys faulty driver that destroyed my disk, making it completely unusable.

Microsoft's response from my BBB complaint was that I bear 100% of the risk of using their products and services, and Microsoft will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to customers computers. All customer service calls are routed to foreign countries, and severely broken English. They are of no assistance, they are only going off a script. Microsoft is one of the most horrible companies to do business within this country if not the world. Bill Gates would be proud.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I bought a brand new Surface Book 1 in 2016 Boxing Day and received it on 2017. When you pay 2400 AUD for a product you want to make sure the product works well and long. Microsoft offered only a one year guaranty. Well I thought they are so confident about their product that they don't see a reason to offer a longer guarantee. All of the sudden my Surface Book had a hardware problem only after 18 months! I should add that I keep my stuff very carefully, my previous laptop, which I bought much cheaper, worked for 7 years and I sold it after buying this one. So, the first feeling I had was that my trust has been betrayed by Microsoft.

But it was not the end of story, I tried to get it fixed and it was then that I felt so disvalued as a customer. Believe it or not, Microsoft has no technical support in a city as big as Melbourne! This is so while they sale huge number of their product here. So I had to go to a three weeks process of diagnosing via phone with a technician in the US and finally they told me that the problem is with hardware and it costs 600 USD, roughly 800 AUD, to refurbish my laptop! And it only has 90 days guarantee after that.

Original review: June 28, 2018

After updating I had to reboot my computer. I have downloads from my university but they are not compatible with this new version. I talked to Alex most likely from India, and he accused me of looking for a free service "there is no such thing as a free lunch" he stated. Windows 10 upgrade forced me to reboot my computer which was stuck for days in an infinite loop of previous Windows version update. I explained to him that it is not free, it is included with the tuition. I wish there was something else than Windows, and Microsoft as common tools. Such a bad experience!

Original review: June 26, 2018

An automatic Windows 10 update (I hate Windows 10) caused my keyboard and mouse to become nonfunctional. (Screen stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout screen".) Day after day I've spend hours on the phone. Each day, a different person tells me a different thing. First, I was sent a media creation tool, which was supposed to fix it. When I called back to complete the process, I was told this would not work and they need to send out a technician. I was told to go get a cash card to pay the technician they will send out. Waiting around for the technician, I called to follow up. Was told they never send out technicians and there's nothing in the notes about this. I'm supposed to take my PC to a Microsoft store for fixing. There are none in my town. Ridiculous! I hate Microsoft. Hate Windows 10.

Microsoft Company Information