2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I bought Bose Soundsport free a month or two ago. The device couldn't fit my ears properly and every time I used, my ears pained. I was very worried I wouldn't get any refund. The customer supervisor, Gabbi G, happily assisted and refunded the item with no questions asked. Excellent customer service and will continue to support Microsoft.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Windows Security works just fine for me. I've seen no need to use a different product. All the research that I've done over the years validates my decision. At one time or another in the past, I have used a variety of other applications. They all did the job reasonably well.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Does the job of protecting my laptop against viruses. Windows Defender has a good set of options for security, from antivirus scans and ransomware all the way down to parental controls. The only caveat is that Windows Defender is highly cloud dependent for malware detection and probably isn’t up to the job if your PC spends a good amount of time disconnected from the internet.

Original review: March 23, 2020

It's a good antivirus that will not bog down your computer. If you suspect an infection by really bad or nasty virus then I would just run a Trend Micro Scan and Bit Defender Scan. Though those other products may be a little better they tax your system's resources that I deem unacceptable for daily use.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I used many different anti-virus programs over the years. Some were free. Some were not. Some were very complicated and others simpler. Some slowed down the computer(s) I was using. Now I use a VPN and I keep my Windows updated. I schedule scans regularly. I avoid many websites. I shop online carefully. I used heavily encrypted passwords for everything. I scan for malware weekly at least. Windows Defender has been very good so far.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Skipping past the bugs and performance issues introduced by the Xbox app in a lazy attempt to make this PC game play on Xbox, the software itself has limited functionality due to the design of the Xbox app. Despite the fact that I have purchased 2 digital copies of this game (for me and my partner) my partner cannot play this game under his profile on my laptop without installing the software a second time. Multiple calls to both Xbox and Microsoft support have not yielded a solution, but I was given incorrect information, told I had to "uninstall the product" from my Xbox, got hung up on, and was promised 2 calls from managers that never happened. I will never purchase another product from the Xbox app again, ever. I've never had any such problems with the Steam platform.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I noticed when I had to reset my PC yesterday, and I went to put Microsoft 365 back on my PC (I had already purchased 365) that it wasn't in my purchase history. I had gotten ahold of a lady online, who was no help, that I had to try and see if I had another account, and in doing so, I was kicked off the chat. So I repurchased Microsoft 365 at a monthly fee. Today, I try and sign into another account I might have, and it was locked because Microsoft said I was in violation of user agreement. Seriously. I am only using Microsoft still because of school in the future. If this crap keeps up they might lose a customer because this is **. I sent feedback to Microsoft and hopefully they respond. But Seriously?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

For the past 8 months, I have been getting a charge to one my cards for $15.90 that I do not know what it is for. I reached out to Microsoft requesting a refund and they literally make you jump through hoops to confirm the charges. I spoke with Stephanie I. at Microsoft and at one point in our "negotiations" (3 weeks) they charged me yet again! I got upset, wrote an email back and asked them to refund me or get a lawyer. Now I know it was probably not wise to say that, but I am single parent on a limited income, so every penny counts. Wouldn't you know they closed my case and still have not given me a refund. I may have to use MS products at work, but I will NEVER use them on my home pc. Microsoft can bite it and have lost a customer for life. I hope that sits well with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Microsoft is being really Inconsiderate right now! I have one child. ONE! And I can not get my hands on a console! Went to the pre-release day and was told they only had 5 tickets. FIVE tickets for a city with over 100,00 people. You can not find them anywhere, they released them at Midnight! Us working parents are sleeping! No stores can tell you when and if they are getting more. So 95% of the USA Will be without the new Xbox in the middle of a pandemic! I guess I will have a sad child for Christmas because the one dang thing he wants momma can not find! Because of the manufacturing company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Can't cancel Microsoft 365 family... Tried to cancel it when they charged me $103 and it said it couldn't be canceled. Now support can't be reached or anything!! Tried contacting them every day but they won't respond. Horrible experience.

Microsoft Company Information