2. Miscellaneous

3.9/5 (1583 ratings)

About Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

A lot of companies out there sell computers but the Microsoft store inside Danbury Fair Mall in CT is by far the most professional and greatest staff I have ever experienced. The Microsoft company is professional and great as always and best customer care service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

It is extremely light and compact. I wish there were customer service that was comparable to the apple. The screen is bright and easily readable, and I would make a lot more use of some of the features if I could get a contact for customer service to help me.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I bought Bose Soundsport free a month or two ago. The device couldn't fit my ears properly and every time I used, my ears pained. I was very worried I wouldn't get any refund. The customer supervisor, Gabbi G, happily assisted and refunded the item with no questions asked. Excellent customer service and will continue to support Microsoft.

Original review: May 14, 2021

My email account was locked after I forgot the password. I went through the forgot password process and it asked me for info on the last four emails I sent, but didn't sent any. And they can't even hire a teenager to help me fix this, just stuff the details into a bot who sends me an email saying can't help ya, but you can try again with more details. I only used the account purchase games for my Microsoft computer and Xbox, now when I get my better gaming computer I will have to repurchase most of the games (bless Origin and Steam for being separate from this mess). I'm mad, tired and sick. And they can't even spare 20 min to help me fix this. Fluff you microsoft.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Long story short my son's Xbox Account was hacked and the person used my credit card on file to purchase a GTA shark card and gifted it to themselves on their account. When I contacted Microsoft about getting my $100 refunded the representative on live chat assured me it could be resolved and I had to submit a claim. Ok, great! No problem. Submitted the claim and got an automatic email back saying because of the type of item purchased, it's non refundable. Ok, NOT ACCEPTABLE. I replied to the email asking for a supervisor to contact me... no reply. I chatted with another online agent who told me to try again, so I filed a claim and same thing happened. I responded to the email 3 or 4 times just to get back another automatic response that said the case was closed.

I have emailed no less than 14 times with no results. I took to Twitter and was messaging with a customer service team who basically said it's another department that handles it and they can't help that I need to reply to the email and ask for it to be reviewed again. It's been over a week with no results. I filed a dispute with my credit card company but there is no guarantee that I can get my money back that way either. I feel defeated. I don't have an extra $100 laying around to just throw away like that, especially when we did not make the purchase or authorize the purchase. Cards have been removed from the account and passwords have been changed. I know the account name of the hacker since they gifted it to themselves and it showed up in my email, but yet Microsoft is unwilling to do anything for me.

Original review: May 2, 2021

Microsoft Windows based products are archaic garbage. Microsoft sucks and should be put out of business by the federal government for the low quality and poor security of their products. CHROMEBOOKS are the only way to go these days.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Microsoft (Xbox) there is no live customer service. The phone number routes you to a website then hangs up on you. You cannot access the online forum without signing into your account first. Can't sign into account, when you are locked out of the account. The entire process is futile. For a company charging the consumers $400 + a gaming system you should have a live person available in your CS departments. The recovery process should not be so difficult and the forms should be reviewed by a person not by an automated service.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Today I was notified that my Hotmail account was compromised and hacked along with someone tried to log into my Yahoo, Facebook, and Gmail accounts. I was successfully able to change the passwords to all accounts except my Hotmail account in which I have not used in over 5 years which of course means I have forgotten all answers to security questions and passwords. I reached out to customer service today via chat and was connected unfortunately with a chat representative by the name of Lois **.

At first she was nice and professional but continued to repeat herself as to telling me the same thing over again of how to log in. I explained that I had tried the different options already but did not mind trying again for her. She proceeded to tell me that there was nothing else that she could do since the account WAS NOT COMPROMISED and that I was the only one to make changes to the account that there was nothing more that she could do.

At this point... RED FLAGS went up because I'm like wait what CHANGES... because I have not made any changes and I have no way of accessing this account. I proceeded to tell her this and she she tells me that since there was nothing else that she could do then would I consider saying that she had addressed the issue and end the chat. I told her no because she did not help me and that I felt that she had no idea what she was doing. Lois Evans then states that "This wouldn't have happened if I had set security questions." At this point I'm infuriated. What customer service chat representative tells a customer this? She then sends that message for me to create a new account and this time create security questions.

I asked for this issue to be escalated and she tells me that there is no way for this to be escalated and that there is no one in the microsoft company that can help me at this point. BULL CRAP!! If this is what customer service is like at MICROSOFT then they definitely do not need to be in business. To treat a customer who is a victim of potential identity theft in such a distasteful and ugly manner is unacceptable and should not be tolerated at all! I am highly upset and will no longer be a microsoft customer going forward. I will bring awareness every day to this issue until something is done about it!

Shame on you Microsoft for having such poor and awful customer service representatives like Lois ** who does not care at all for your customers!!!

Original review: April 13, 2021

I paid money for a Microsoft Office Product. Turns out if you buy a home product, they have a habit of losing your account info. So now I no longer have the product I bought. Terrible. Use another software and don't give them your money!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Don’t ever buy or purchase Microsoft products, stay as far away as possible. Microsoft locked my email account, then told me I could access the account after 30 days. I waited 30 days and then it didn’t work still!! Spoke to microsoft for almost 6 weeks straight and all they did was continue to make me fill out forms and then ignore me, or send me in circles and never solved the problem. They're favorite thing to do was "transfer me to a different department" but then nobody would ever connect with me. Now they told me to fill out a account reinstatement form and the lady told me I would be able to access my account after two days. Now two days later I’m here on the chat again and microsoft won’t even answer me about the lies they told me about accessing my account after waiting so many days.

Microsoft didn't help me one bit, and then just ended our chat without actually helping me because again they're pushing me aside to avoid the problem they caused here! I will never ever buy anything microsoft again for the rest of my life and I would suggest everyone else stay as far away from anything microsoft as well. Hands down the worst company I have ever dealt with, and now I can't access my important files that I need.

Microsoft Company Information