3.75/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Microsoft

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Microsoft Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

After a Windows 10 update today, my search feature stopped working. When Microsoft virtual support failed to resolve my issue, I opted for a return call from a technician. I missed the first return call, but support called again. Bhanu ** was extremely patient and helpful. I gave him access to my screen and he solved the problem in approximately 30 minutes. A few years ago, I didn't get this kind of support, so I was EXTREMELY happy to see how efficient customer support is now, or at least with this employee.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have blacklisted all of Google's infected websites and all of their P.U. Websites and I had replaced them with Microsoft websites. Including that I had replaced Google's apps with Microsoft's apps and the computer Win10 launcher as to make my Verizon Samsung J3 Mission phone feel just like the Windows 10 computer experience without the simulator. I'm very happy that Microsoft and Firefox could conquer against the Google profanity and that they would have replacement apps to make me feel better with Windows versus than to make me feel miserable with Google. Windows 10 is now my favorite Windows OS. Three cheers for the Microsoft company! :D

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I enjoy reading some of the articles under "Sponsored Sites". However I am bombarded with a ton of ads, which is annoying the heck out of me. Each "sponsored page" gives a one or two bi-lines and multitude of ads, before having to click "next" for the remainder of the "story", which goes on for 30-40 minutes. This then turns into 30+ minutes of the nonsense... just to read a story-line. I also want to say that recently (the last few days) I've seen less ads showing up on the articles that I had read.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I've been talking to support for a total of 10 hours over 2 days and have just been informed i need to wait a week to speak to a technician. This company doesnt care about your experience unless you are actively paying them to do so.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

In August Microsoft locked me out of Outlook for 30 days "for my own protection" because I could not remember my password and one of the two Security measures was to a telephone I no longer have and have not had for several years. I waited the 30 days then contacted customer service again to recover my account. They took me through the exact steps I had taken on my own to recover. I spoke to at least 4 different people after waiting on hold for hours and they each did the same thing. Then told me I would have to wait 30 days. I repeated that I have already waited 30 days. NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. Each person I talked to said someone would contact me at another email to fix it. No one ever did.

I would get a phone call ONE RING that said Microsoft then seconds later would get a message on email that they had tried to contact me but were unable, gave me a phone number to call WHICH WAS A NON WORKING NUMBER! Then sent me a message that they had closed my case. I am so glad they are looking out for my protection and have kidnapped my files, contacts, calendar, much vital information. They have lied to me over and over and over. And I still cannot get into my files. I doubt that I ever will. Microsoft is a horrible company with no customer service at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I wanted to have a refund for because I didn't ask for the subscription of Microsoft Office and have never used it. But the customer support was very very bad. Not only that they didn't give me a refund but they really made me upset regarding all the time I spent in vain and the way they treated me. I have only one product and it should be as simple as ever just to receive the money back for something that you never wanted to buy but not at Microsoft.

It took quite some time to find a chat and log in and wait for the person to connect to you. Then for about 20 minutes this employee was asking for more time and for more time and for more time. Every time for 2-3 minutes and did not give any answer until I asked them and it was again. No intention ever to give a refund. After 20 minutes of it I said that, "If you cannot get an answer from people who are responsible for the refund I would like to initiate a chargeback because I do not like when a person at Microsoft is simply lying to me in hope that I will disconnect at some point in time."

At that time they said "yes, it is a better thing for us as we indeed cannot receive an answer from the refund team". Like, are you joking??!! Not giving a refund because the refund team is not answering? Brilliant solution... And a very bad company. 1 out of 5. They earned it. Will try my best to never use Microsoft in the future.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I recently bought a new laptop and during setup set the lock screen password and didn’t write it down. Can't remember it so tried to reset it using the instructions given for this type of thing. The email address that my Microsoft account has is supposed to get a verification email from Microsoft so that I can get back into my laptop. I’ve filled out their code form about 10 times now and NO email response. I tested the account and received my email test. They’re just not sending the verification code. Microsoft doesn’t give you any way to contact them and their “virtual assistant” is virtually and actually worthless. What are we supposed to do when Microsoft doesn’t fulfill their part?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Call in to support for any reason and all you get is your time wasted, hung up and excuses. They will just repeat themselves over and over, talk over you and talk nonsense and fail to help at all. Supervisors (meaningless title) are the same and just laugh and ignore any complaints. You're basically talking to yourself when you call. Odd how one can find help on their own.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Cancelled a subscription and promised that I would not be charged, only 3 weeks later to be charged 55.00 and to wait on hold for over 2 hours!!!! No help or consideration given though they could even see that you had called previously to close the account. So disappointed. Unless you want to stay on hold over 2 hours rather than spending 2 hours with your family doing things, dont use this company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My wife purchased a new Xbox One for my birthday this year in February. In August, it stopped working. 6 months! I also purchased many, many games and extra accessories. I would say a good $800+ on this system and accessories alone. Not to mention the various other systems, games and accessories I've purchased for 20+ years. I called Microsoft and was told (and emailed) that they would do everything they could to fix it and if they could not, they would replace the system. So they had me mail my system to them, which I did. A few weeks later, I received my system back with a generic letter stating that they found damage and it was not covered under warranty. No mention of what that damage actually was. So I called a few days later to speak to a rep and they told me it was water damage.

I find that interesting considering the system went from the store to my shelf that gets closed and secured in a cabinet while not in use. There's no way there is water damage to my system and if there is, it did not occur while in my possession. I then spoke to a supervise and they refused to do help and actually hung up on me. Hung up on me! A 20+ year customer no more! I have never been so disappointed in any customer service in all my life. That was a very expensive purchase my wife made for me which she saved for to have it only work for 6 month. How very disappointing!

Microsoft Company Information