1.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

908 Microsoft Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

While in the SharePoint development phase, my global admin account started receiving an error message that prohibits me from having any access to my SharePoint site collection whatsoever. After 3 full business days with ZERO access, Microsoft has not diagnosed the problem or offered me a workaround or solution. In fact, they keep insisting that there is nothing wrong which is absolutely FALSE. At this point, I have created a brand new global admin user account - no access.

I have logged out/in, cleared cookies and cache, tried to use different web browsers, restarted my device, installed Windows updates, and even tried to access the site using both accounts on a Mac operating system. Still, the error persists. I committed to this product suite because of the 99.9% uptime guarantee - so much for that. Healthcare organizations, BEWARE! I do not have words to express how completely and utterly disgusted I am right now. Get it together Microsoft!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I shut down computer. The windows 10 update locked my computer. Had to take for repair for $139. Screen said preparing for repair for over 24 hours but did nothing. Computer shop said he had seen 4 or 5 just this week. Fix this sorry system.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Outlook has the worst e-mail recovery system in the whole universe! Seriously even if the aliens would visit earth, they would kill us all as soon as they would learn how Microsoft Outlook processes a recovery of a 2 weeks old e-mail. I opened an Outlook account 2 maybe 3 weeks ago on my smartphone (Galaxy S9+) to get 100GB of One Drive for 1 year for free, which is awesome. Thumbs up for that. I never used my Outlook e-mail and never sent any mail to anyone, since I use a Gmail account for years. I wanted to log in in my outlook account to start making it more my primary e-mail etc. I forgot my password, but the WORST of all is that I CAN'T recover my outlook account. It asks question from an alternate e-mail address that I fully provided. I couldn't provide to whom I have sent any mail, because I DIDN'T send any mail. That's the reason why I cannot provide "enough information" about my account.

A support mail doesn't exist and the Customer Support is more ridiculous than the minions! If you are not from US, not only that they can't help you, but they don't know where your country is! I am waiting for a answer from any Microsoft supporter, it is not that hard to recover an e-mail. I personally work as a team-leader in a call-center for hosting customer support (IONOS - 1&1) and we would immediately contact the angry costumer and fix his problem after a review like this!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have created my Skype account in 2008 or 2009 or so because this was one of the first international communications channels available. Now I need to recover my account and it is impossible to do it - even the banks are much easier in this regard... I was and I am a 100% Apple user, so I do not use any other Microsoft products, so I do not have any track record with Microsoft for anything else. To make long story short, the original email I used to sign up does not exist anymore since that server has been shut down.

I had changed the password several times over the years and honestly I do not remember the latest one. I had Skype automatically logging in on my old computer and iPhone, but as I bought a second computer and iPhone I was forced to create a new account because I could not recover the old one. I have contacted Microsoft multiple times and they are not resolving the issue. Basically they locked me out of over 10 years of contacts and data. Am I the only one having this problem - should they be sued for the locking people up and "stealing" all the data? I appreciate security and due process but it is ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Purchased a Surface Pro 5. The computer is fantastic, but the Microsoft software is a nightmare. If you buy one prepare for hours and hours of trying to get anything other than their software to work. It is not compatible with most of the regular software and designed to make your use their software or nothing. After over a hundred hours of working with it I took it back, my alternative was to buy hundreds of dollars of new software to get it working. Would switch to Apple before buying one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We bought our son a new Xbox One S 1tb in August. By the middle of September it stopped working so I called Microsoft. They said to send it in or go to the Microsoft store in Portland, OR which is 3 hours from us. So a week later we planned a trip for Portland. I call in advance to make sure they have one in stock. They say yes they have one in stock. We drive the 3 hours there - go into the store and they tell us they don't have one in stock. Seriously - we just drove 3 hours to end up having to send it by UPS. We could have done that at home! I'm never buying a Xbox again. It'll be PlayStation from now on!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I'm going to gallop back to Apple. I spent over a hour trying to find the answer online, with Microsoft's poorly written information and then in a Chat with one of their support people. It was all incredibly frustrating and I'm not one bit closer to being able to back up my Surface. In the Chat, which took a while to get to, the person tried to pass me off with a link to Surface support. When I asked if that would get me to a person he then asked about my issue again. After a 20-30 minute exchange I was back to reiterating the issue that I sent in my very first "note" to him. This is not first or second or third issue with Microsoft's support. What a contrast to an iPhone issue I had two hours earlier. The issue was resolved in an easy to access Chat in less than 7 minutes. There's no excuse for MS's terrible service. Look at Apple, Amazon, etc. No, I won't be purchasing any more MS products.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I'm going to give you my background first. I have worked in the Wireless sales and repair industry for almost 8 years. I worked at two Verizons and I have managed a Genius Phone Repair. I have never come across an account that was more difficult to reset and less user-friendly than a Microsoft account. In literally every application of the account that I have come across, I have had incredible difficulty accessing my own account and helping others retrieve information from or regain access to theirs.

Doesn't seem to matter whether it be in an Xbox a tablet a PC or in a phone (Windows or Android, I don't think I've ever troubleshot a Microsoft account within an Apple device) things never go smoothly. I have attempted to utilize a Microsoft account during my experiences with an Xbox. I made the horrible mistake of utilizing a school University email originally for this account which complicated things enormously due to Purdue's security measures compounded by Microsoft's security measures.

When I graduated Purdue, I lost access to my Purdue email because I did not change my password after 2 weeks (every 2 weeks). I don't recall what it was that triggered me to have to sign back into my Microsoft account after moving, but after forgetting my password they sent a reset link to an email which could not be accessed. I let this problem exist for as long as I could but finally my credit card expired and payment methods needed to be updated. In order to regain access to the link within my locked email account I was required to return to Purdue University and physically enter the IT department with my expired Purdue ID to reset that Purdue password in order to retrieve the password reset link from within that account so I could access account owner level settings and there was nobody to call for help to have it sent to an alternate email. I have since updated my email and change it to my Google account.

Today I attempted to buy my brother-in-law an Xbox Live gift card for his birthday. I Google searched, "Xbox Live gift card", I found a link to Microsoft website to purchase a digital code for $10. After selecting my gift card I attempted to check out. Rather than taking me to a PayPal screen or somewhere where I could enter my credit card information it asked me to log into my Microsoft account. I entered my credentials and got red errors multiple times.

I am sick of dealing with these accounts. This is way more difficult than it should have to be. You can reset a Google account in less than 30 seconds if you own a device that is logged into that account. I have seen unfortunate people carrying phones logged into Microsoft accounts receive 30 day waits for their information access. And some never get in. Google accounts contain payment information, credit cards people's personal files...etc. There's nowhere near the level of difficulty in resetting a Google account, an Apple account or any other account I've ever attempted to regain access to. Furthermore, OneNote and everything else that is downloadable to an Android phone should not require the login of a Microsoft account in order to utilize the program and sync.

While working as an IT intern at Gary Indiana city hall I kept my notes within OneNote. I lost all of them due to, "incorrect credentials." I have since minimized my involvement every single service that Microsoft offers. I'm going to physically walk into this Kroger now and purchase a gift card, photograph it, and send it to my brother because it is easier than attempting to purchase something from Microsoft online. What a headache.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Love Microsoft and own stock. Never satisfied with customer service all these year... try finding the correct person to talk to or email... None going to happen. Had password problems, after trying several times was locked out and told it would be 30 days to reset... 30 days unconscionable. Regretfully, I've had it and am moving to Apple.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I found out today that Microsoft pricing is based upon what "region" you live in, I guess like car insurance. We pay more for the same software, Word, Excel and Powerpoint depending upon where we live. I have been a Skype subscriber for many years, before Microsoft bought it, and purchased Word, Excel and PPT separately. Now Microsoft has changed the pricing with all their products. It is amazing that they charge more for the same software depending upon where you live. This is one example of how poorly run a company can be.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Trying for 3 days to set up little kid's Christmas present Xbox One and he still can't play. What a joke. Whatever happened to just turning on a device and putting in a disk and playing. Shame on Microsoft CEOs for robbing people blind.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Please do not sell any type of Microsoft computer anymore! These days they are all made to die soon (IMMEDIATELY) after the warranty worn out! All my families members, who have Costco membership and bought one at Costco, Microsoft devices do not last. Even the extended warranty does no good as Microsoft tested that out, once it reaches it max warranty, especially the Surface Pro die anyway!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have blacklisted all of Google's infected websites and all of their P.U. Websites and I had replaced them with Microsoft websites. Including that I had replaced Google's apps with Microsoft's apps and the computer Win10 launcher as to make my Verizon Samsung J3 Mission phone feel just like the Windows 10 computer experience without the simulator. I'm very happy that Microsoft and Firefox could conquer against the Google profanity and that they would have replacement apps to make me feel better with Windows versus than to make me feel miserable with Google. Windows 10 is now my favorite Windows OS. Three cheers for the Microsoft company! :D

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I updated my hardware and kept getting the activate windows on my screen. Every time I tried to do so, it would say try again. Awful system. Next time I upgrade I will be going with a different op system.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I had a network taken down 10 months ago and Microsoft deactivated working operating systems. I have 3 custom built computers and have my own operating systems that are registered to someone else because of an open network that they had part in about 4 years ago spied on me, listened to me and my wife because they think I'm a crook and steal software. I can prove different but cannot find an attorney that will take the case. And this is not the only company involved. Just installed a Pro 10 system and they are trying to take my credit card information on sign up for an email. What type of people are they? I'll tell you - evil. Just like me now I cannot believe what they are doing. Windows 10 should of never been published. Spies.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My Microsoft account was hacked into, and the password and email were both changed. When I talked to customer support, they made me use a "secure" file transfer service where I was asked for a lot of personal information...enough that I felt if I hadn't found THEM on their own website and not the other way around I would have thought THEY were the scammers.

I heard nothing back for days, and finally called them again, only to be told that they'd done "as much as they could" on their end. Since the e-mail of the account was changed, they could no longer prove that I was the owner of the account, and I was told to just "make a new Microsoft account" with my newly freed up e-mail. They could not even tell me what information was on the stolen account that the hacker might have been able to access, but they did ask for my credit card information promising to "unlink it from the account" if it was attached (it wasn't).

Basically the whole exchange was so creepy I ended up cancelling my card altogether because giving it to them felt just as wrong as giving it to a hacker (they also asked to take over my laptop remotely to check that I didn't have my laptop linked to my hacked Microsoft account, which I denied because it literally only took two steps to check).

To top it off, after they had "helped" me by helpfully informing me they could not return my account to me (in addition to taking my credit card info and asking unsuccessfully for remote access to my laptop)...they said they were sending an e-mail letting me know the ticket was being closed...except they accidentally sent it to THE HACKER'S E-MAIL ASSOCIATED WITH THE HACKED ACCOUNT. Seriously, WHAT?? I actually called Microsoft back just to make sure I hadn't found my way to a fake website somehow, and was assured that this was their normal practice... Nothing about the exchange felt normal. I don't care what I need to do to avoid Microsoft. I am never creating an account with them again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

This is a SCAM in which the representative indicates several issues on computer. You are to pay for virus protection and tools for removing infections. What they decide is MICROSOFT will Pay for it if you are a Senior with no money... Which is $500.00 that is paid to you but you then need to use this $500.00 to buy an AMAZON CARD. BEWARE. THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I was kicked out my Microsoft account recently. I use it for school and work. I received a new phone and also moved so Microsoft said that I can't get into my email even with the password. So it's like that? ** Xbox. I'm getting PS4 for Christmas. ** my laptop. I threw that ** out the window. Tech support is useless. They send you to a little robot and it says "would you like to contact us?" I was like, "Oh ** yeah. That sounds easy." And then the link that they gave me sent me to the exact page I needed help with and it was like "recover your account" with a phone number that I don't even have anymore. Overall if there was a negative 5 stars then I would use it. I've been with Microsoft all my life and this ** really just pissed me off. Microsoft can eat it. That's why PS4 got Spiderman and y'all don't.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Purchased a laptop computer and an extended warranty plan. Got a notification my credit card company would not let the purchase go through. Contacted my credit card company and was told the order had posted and was allowed through but was then revoked by the Microsoft Store. I contacted Microsoft Store support on the telephone. The employee told me the payment had failed to go through on my credit card. I informed them I spoke with credit card company and was told if the order was re-run it would post to my account. The Microsoft employee told me the order could not be re-run, that I would have to place a new order for the laptop and warranty.

I placed the second order as instructed...and four days later received two packages in the mail. Checked the account and saw both orders had been completed. I went to the online Microsoft store to start a refund process for one of the orders and was unable to. Telephoned Microsoft Store support and was told by the employee a refund would be processed and within 24 hours I would receive a return shipping label in my email. Three days later still no return label in the mail so I called Microsoft support. I was told the return was still being processed and it would be another 24 hours for me to receive the shipping label. Two days later still no return label in my email so I call Microsoft support. I was told again it would be processed and to wait 24 hours for the return label.

I ask to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor tells me the person I originally spoke with on my initial call for a refund failed to fully complete the refund request and there was no record of my second call. The supervisor tells me he is unable to send me a return shipping label and I had to wait 24 hours for the label. He also said I was free to go into a physical Microsoft store to hand them the item. Being the nearest one is a two hour drive one way I declined that option. So here it is one week after requesting a return and the original second laptop is still in the shipping box in my kitchen with no return label having been mailed to me. Oh, and both the orders cleared my credit card and are on my total balance owed for my card. If these ratings went even lower than 1 star I would give them that rating. So much wasted time. Several months ago I had to return an item purchased from Amazon, from start to finish that took me 2 minutes.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

So the in console Microsoft store has bugs they won't fix. When I purchase sometimes a buy as gift icon won't appear. You choose buy thinking the option of gifting will later appear and doesn't when you realized you've purchased for yourself... They don't fix the issue and it's my second time going through it. I asked for help. They denied me though they knew I never even touched the purchase. They could have simply transferred the file or refunded and allow me to repurchase but policy says one refund a year but the policy doesn't warn us of the flaw the store itself has which sometimes makes us purchase for ourselves instead of others.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

It is utterly impossible to get a recovery code to change my forgotten Microsoft password. I have tried for 4 days in a row. It is 'Temporarily' out of order. Someone at Microsoft should look up the meaning of temporarily!!! How they don't know this service is down, escapes me... At least in Scotland it's down. I have tried everything to rectify this but it is utterly impossible to get through to a human being!!! This is shabby, shabby service. What I am to do now I am at a loss. Poor, poor show Microsoft!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I purchased a new desktop computer and went to boot it up. I could not get to the start up screen, without creating a Microsoft account. (Background) The original computer I had a Microsoft account on it. However, I could never retrieve the login information and had called Microsoft and couldn't get it fixed. So, now I have a new computer and I cannot use the computer unless I create another Microsoft account, I refused and called technical support. I spoke to AI, on 11-9-2018, I thought that the guy on the phone had to be high, because he never changed his speech patterns and it even tried to make the noises that people make like UM, He kept saying he understood. He didn't understand, and no this was a lie. He cannot understand because he has no understanding of human emotions. So I took this as making me feel stupid because I don't like being lied to.

However, the good thing was he did fix the issue because I said that when I purchased the computer, it didn't say that to use the computer I was forced to create a Microsoft account, because the customer service agent was a computer. It couldn't argue and fixed the problem and I can use the new computer. So, for my first time using AI I am at a 50/50 split. This also brings up how many people who do have real emotions go without a job because humans feel and AI doesn't. I am concerned.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

So I've been suspended from Xbox live. Why? Because my teammate PURPOSELY killed me for no reason at all during a match of PUBG. I called him an **. I got suspended for that. So I get a punishment for calling an ** an ** but the guy going around trying to kill our whole team doesnt get anything? Screw you Xbox. Corrupt just like politics.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Microsoft apologizes for technical issues from their end not the "paid" customers end. Where’s our compensation. A lot of Microsoft customers that pay good money for your services are in my opinion are entitled to some kind of credit. What does everyone else think?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

HOW could the giant that is Microsoft, this multibillion-dollar company, boasting of one of the top five (changing) richest founders in the world, dicker over honoring a service/product I'd already paid for? Boggles the mind... Last year, I got a new computer and ordered a year subscription of the MS Suite. It came with a key card, which I installed upon receiving in September (2017). In late January/early February, I started getting messages saying the software was going to expire, which it did right around the month's end. I thought this odd as I was sure the subscription had been for a year. It was. I checked the original e-mails and found confirmation. However, my new HP computer had just went down and was sent off for a warranty repair for 3 weeks. By the time I got it back, I'd gotten a new job and was not going to use the computer very much, so I postponed calling Microsoft to inquire what was going on with the software.

After 3 months, I renewed my efforts to start pursuing work from home (via my computer), which was the primary motivation of obtaining a new computer at the original time of purchase. In June, I ended up calling MS to see what happened with the subscription. The service rep told me that, sometimes, the subscription cards only are good for 6 months, at which time, you receive an e-mail saying that you, the customer, need to follow certain steps to re-install the software. Which is rather amazing to me in itself. However, a friend had made the original purchase, so any such e-mail would have gone to him, and he was in another state. It probably went to his junk folder, but, even if he had received such a message, he has computers w/ permanent MS software, and would have probably written it off, forgetting about my new software from 6 mos. prior.

Regardless, Microsoft knew then that I hadn't been able to make use of the full year's purchase of the 365 MS Suite. Therefore, I asked the rep to make it up to me and send me the remaining amount of time. He hesitated and said they usually wouldn't do that because I waited so long to call. My computer had been broken as the subscription expired, I wasn't using it after that for months. Beside the point, he affirmed that I hadn't had the software accessible to me, AND that it was essentially their fault I didn't, as there would have been NO WAY that either myself or my friend could have predicted such a nonsensical process from the most gigantic software company in the world, Microsoft, in utilizing their trademark product, the Microsoft Suite. And, they were not going to make it up to me.

In utter astonishment at hearing this, I began to argue with the rep, and, then, just closed my mouth. I said, "You know what, never mind. If the software magnate that is Microsoft won't honor a $79 agreement for service of their most used product, that doesn't cost them a dime probably, when $79 is a good bit of money to me, and you've admitted it was your fault I couldn't use it, I'm not going to bother saying another word--if that's the poor way you do business. I'm getting off the phone." The guy then said, "Wait a minute. Let me see what I can do." He puts me on hold, comes back and offers me 3 "free" months--when 6 more had been paid for. Again, not worth my time to argue, I accepted it.

He said it would come in 3 proceeding e-mails--that I would have to download individually. Which I did, ultimately. However, the only way to get it to work was to link my MS account w/ my friend's who'd originally made the purchase--so that we could see all each other's files! And, we're friends, but that was a little much. I'm sure there was another way to resolve the problem. But, I had literally spent, at this point, more than 3 hours cumulatively on 3 different calls to Microsoft over the past couple days-- It was ridiculous.

Thus, I just went with it for that time. Then, in a month's time, I ** you not (had to say it), Word began to tell me that my subscription was about to expire, which it continued to say, though seemed to keep working-- even though I could clearly see-- in our joint account-- the due date for the software to charge again was not til January-- for the life of the computer! Which, additionally absurdly, was only another month or so.

As a side note: A testament to HP's complete ** in production of my laptop, which was only a year old when it went down, for the 3rd time. This was among the single worst experiences I could have in technology. That Microsoft wouldn't even honor their own subscription, after admitting fault, until I blew them off. And then deigned to fix their error through such a shoddy patch-job of service and product hoops FOR ME to jump through-- after I'd had to harass my friend more times than I could count, while he was working, to obtain info for them, who had been nice enough to purchase this for me-- only to have it all STILL not work in the end (of the Microsoft Suite) is incomparably deplorable! I remain utterly incredulous. As this stands out as being the most colossal customer service/product botching combo I've ever encountered in my life! They're a virtual monopoly, so I guess they just don't give a **. Bill Gates, I wish you could hear me...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Locked me out of my account after 9 years - Don't even bother about an email account. Pathetic technician support. After several attempts to verify myself in 9 days they decide that I should get a new email address. They updated their services and I'd say locked out several of their customers. What an enormous joke of a company. Stars I wouldn't give them one star let alone five.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I downloaded an older version of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop. This version was incompatible with the audio drivers on the motherboard and caused freezing issues and the hated blue screen with clock_watchdog_timeout warning. I was told by Microsoft Technical support (after hours of waiting) that I needed to update Windows. The level 1 technician uploaded an ISO to the desktop, but we were unable to download the update because the computer kept freezing. He assigned a level 2 technician to call me back in 2 days within a two hour range. No one called me.

After calling them and being on hold for 2 hours, the level 2 technician uploaded an ISO to a USB thumb drive. Still froze before uploading. She said they would call me back in two days during a 2 hour time slot to work it out. Once again, no one called me. I called them and was on hold for 3 hour so! 3 hours, that’s completely unacceptable. No one at the call center, in India, cares how long you are on hold. I actually heard a level 2 technician making fun of me asking for help after being on hold for 3 hours. She was mimicking me in the background. The level 2 technician that was helping me said he couldn’t offer assistance since the case had been assigned to another level 2 technician and that person needed to call me. I told him no one ever called me back and that appointments were useless if that person never called. He had the audacity to put me on hold.

AGAIN, and I waited 2 hours for him to come back on the phone to get his name and lodge a formal complaint but he never came back. Moral of the story, a Microsoft doesn’t care about its customers and once they assign you to level 2, level 1 can never help you again. Also, I think there are only 2 level 2 technicians working a single shift to service billions of people worldwide. I want to tell Microsoft to hire more technicians, and then train them to actually CARE about customer service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Update on 11/28/2018: Previously, I left a very harsh review on the latest Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet and Laptop. The Surface Pro 6 series. Seeing I have purchased the full series line of Surface Pro Tablets, from inception, I chose to elaborate upon my grievance. The product itself, well built. Good brand name components. Reliable when operating. Like most OS. Updates and revisions reoccur. With Microsoft, OS - revisions are sent out before they are reliable I feel. You were forced to download Win10.

*Latest: Latest Fall and Spring Update. 1803-1809. *During 1 revision, I think 1709 but do not quote me on that, over 1000 patches a day were being delivered by Microsoft due to OS crashes around the world. GPU, graphics processing unit drivers. NVIDIA graphics drivers are still a thorn to many computer OS. Many of my OS licenses were not recorded by Microsoft. I have paid 2 times for the same OS. Windows lost my license. I always sent Microsoft my licenses.

The recurring complaint;
1: Microsoft's OS, Operating Systems, are not reliable prior release. Product instability.
2: Product marketing. The inability to 'reasonably explain' to consumers the 'vast difference' in CPU performance, Central Processing Unit performance, and how it affects the OS, Apps and embedded software.

3: Lastly, and most prevalent, overseas support. To which I still give failing grades most times, and have for 10 plus years.

The support from India was and sometimes still is a disaster at best, "when you can get through." *NOTE: I have retained some excellent support from highly qualified IT professionals recently, but through the years that was not the case. Microsoft has made countless billions without being held account. To the average computer or tablet consumer, it is hard to change OS, operating systems. 1: Cost. 2: Learning curve. Most homes, families and businesses, have multiple computers and devices running 'the same OS.' Many homes, families and business sync computer and device OS's, once they know how, to use the OS full potential.

The bottom line. I feel most consumers blindly put up with Microsoft's recurring OS defects and deficiencies and do not complain to the BBB, or a state, provincial or government agency for consumer protection. Microsoft has made tens of billions in the meantime not repaying the consumer loyalty. I have used Microsoft OS for ><15 years. Win10, Vista's, WIN 8, now Win 10. It's about time but Microsoft should have been held accountable over a decade ago I feel. "Microsoft faces $600M lawsuit over forced Windows 10 upgrade." What is $600,000,000.00 to a multi billion dollar corporation? It's a start. Anyway. I said my piece. I left a very harsh review on the latest Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet and Laptop. I hope this post explains my complaint.

Original Review: Absolute junk. I am sitting on $2600.00 hundred dollars of garbage in less than 2 years. Latest. Surface Tablet, less than 3 months old. I just threw it in the ** garbage. $1,300 dollars, and the time to set it up, in the ** garbage in less than 90 days. Did Best Buy help. LOL!!! How can these THIEVES, YES THIEVES fleece the world. Seriously, I ask you how can they continue to fleece consumers without being held accountable? It's a shame. A bloody shame. I stand to lose thousands and these thieves make hundreds of billions. I say this with all due respect to what I have encountered from the start from Microsoft and their help. Damn disgrace. Now you see what money and power get.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I purchased a custom Xbox controller for his birthday. After hitting submit I realized the bumpers on the controller were wrong and immediately set to calling. After being told to call back after 5 hours, spending 3 hours being hung up on and transferred around, being given a number to call that tried to sell me some "great offers" like roadside assistance, I was told that the store is closed and doesn't open till 9pm CST. So I called again at 9 and was told "Sorry ma'am. You should have called sooner." When I explained I had, he got a sup involved who said they would fix or cancel this order and I would be getting an email.

The next day still no email so I called and was told it was in the process of being canceled. Today I get the it's shipped email w/ the green bumpers, so again I call. Was told by a sup that "Nothing we can do," and "I should have known that the bumpers were green before hitting submit" and that I also should have known there would be no way to change or cancel. Horrendous experience!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Microsoft tech support is a joke. You would think that being they are such a huge company they would appreciate their customers, instead their techs work off how much money they can make a customer spend. I purchased a Microsoft home and student program for $150 and a brand new HP laptop. Brought everything home tried to install the program and kept getting a message that Microsoft was having an issue on their end to try after several minutes.

After 6 times it froze it out of trying to install because according to Microsoft I had tried to enter the product key too many times, so I called support. Gave them access to my new computer. Was told I had several hackers, no firewall and was not going to be able to install the program unless I paid $3399.99 for a lifetime firewall thru them and then they would give me the program for free, also if I didn't purchase the said stuff my computer would have to be return because it was no good.

I am so glad I have a son in law that is tech smart. I quick text him. He said, "Don't buy anything." He got home. Got into my computer here. The tech guy from Microsoft took down my firewall in my computer. Added a small bug so the program I bought wouldn't load. He cleared everything out and lo and behold my program was installed. Thanks for nothing and I will NEVER BUY FROM MICROSOFT AGAIN.

Microsoft Company Information