Microsoft

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am tired of all their computer updates lately and all of the massive amounts of updates messing up my windows 10 so bad. I went back to windows 8.1 64 Bit. Much better. Also my Microsoft Lumia 640 windows 8.1 phone will not connect to my PC after trying several different USB cables and buying a new one and try to connect thru Bluetooth and will not connect and can't find info in the web or on Microsoft site or anyone to help me with this issue that started a week ago. Even At&t will not help me. They tell me to call Microsoft.

Also if you call Microsoft you have to pay them to help every to ask them some simple tech question. I can see after 20 or 30 minutes of them helping you charging you. You their super number and it is worthless unless you give them your card info and they charge you whatever they feel like and you don't know the price till you look online at your card bill. Glad I did not do that and give them my card info. Someone can still card my info and they charge me whatever they think.

Please excuse, this is the email I was trying to send them. They do not have an email address for customer service though, nor for complaints. Read below: I just spent over 46 minutes on the phone with support for Microsoft Office 365. I called 1-800-865-9408 at 10:53 AM on March 13, 2017. I got transferred twice, which means I spoke to 3 different people, and spent a great deal of time on hold. I expressed my objective and the reason for my call right away: I needed to cancel the automatic renewal of my Microsoft Office 365 subscription, which was set to renew next month. I would have done it online, however I did not remember my user name and, while there is an option to re-set one's password, there is no option to re-set/retrieve one's username. I tried twice. I had to seek out a phone number to call, none were provided in the emails or the site/page I was on.

The first lady I spoke to was nice, however it turned out that, even though she could easily look up my account and verify it with me (as she did), she could only handle Microsoft Office 365 accounts for home or school. She needed to transfer me to another lady (for business accounts) for which I waited on hold for a good while. This lady, after again verifying my person and my account couldn't handle billing matters (why did I talk to her in the first place?, so she transferred me to a lady named April. April, again had to verify my person and my account. After doing so, she informed me I'd have to complete this process via the website (which is what I was having difficulty with in the first place, hence the call). I said, "I've been on this call for over 30 minutes. Are you telling me you can't handle the task of cancelling the renewal of my subscription on your end?" She said "Yes", but I'd have to do it on the website.

This didn't make sense, and we went through that a couple more times. I again restated that I didn't have or remember a User ID, so I couldn't get on the website. She attempted to send me a getting started email so I could follow the steps to get logged in, and AGAIN, take care of it myself. The email took about 10 minutes to come through. During that time, I literally sorted all emails I had from Microsoft Office 365, found the original emails with a User ID (from a year ago), attempted the website again, and turned off the subscription renewal myself. WHICH SHE NOTICED IMMEDIATELY!

But apparently she couldn't turn it off on her end. She asked if there was anything else I needed from her. I said I would need an email confirming the subscription would not renew. She said I would eventually get one. Not today, not this week. Apparently she can't do that either. Is this your version of customer service Microsoft? You wasted almost an hour of my day, and did LITERALLY nothing.

Was having issues with our sons computer. Needed Tech Support. Was on the phone 3.5 hrs. They couldnt help so they were going to level ll tech callback. 3 hrs. later, they called, we answered the phone and were hung up on. After I called back, on phone with the Level II Tech, Sherwin - if that was his name, for 5 min. And he says there is nothing they can do to help. I proceed to tell them that since I paid $99 for service and none, that it want my money back. "Sherwin" because it is still processing, I must wait callback, and then I can receive my refund. This is Thurs. Feb. 16 - 2017. $99 clears bank acct. Call back, deal with customer support for another 2.5 hrs. To find out that they do not have any proof that a payment went through or that I paid for anything.

Even though: they emailed product #, gave me an order #, received a claim #, have a bank transaction #. Was told that a level 3 tech will call me and "TRY" to find my Info. to see if they can a refund. This was Sat. Feb. 19 - 2017. It is now Thurs. Feb. 23 - 2017, still no call, no refund, no response. Will be talking to my Bank to deal with them about getting our $99 back. Word of Advice: Do not call Windows for help or tech support!! Your call will be sent to India!! Even though you dialed a USA 800 number! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR $$ - NOT HELP YOU & GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND FOR A REFUND. PS... I found the solution via Command Prompts Online FOR FREE!

My computer upgraded to Windows 10 and after one of its updates my computer is useless (can't even get past startup). Tried to call customer support but that didn't work due to a language barrier. I've tried emailing and using discussion boards but still no help from Microsoft. It looks like many people are having to purchase new computers due to this issue and Microsoft's failure to address it is extremely frustrating. I'm out $1000 (and I still have to buy a new computer tomorrow) but hopefully my review will alert the public about Microsoft's practices.

I normally don't like writing review like this one. But with all the hassle I think Microsoft Corporate needs to make changes with their phone support supporting the Microsoft store. I am appalled that this is happening with such a respected brand like #microsoftstore @microsoftstore. This is the case # if Microsoft wants to get the full details **. Here are the sequence of events that led to this review.

On December 1st 2016 I purchased through the Microsoft store the surface Pro 4 bundle (Your order number: **). A great machine but I needed something with more power and solid since I use it on my lap a lot. I decided that the Surface Book was a better option so I decided to return using the RMA process of shipping it back. I went ahead and purchased the Surface book and shipped back the surface Pro 4.

The return policy on the site says the refund takes 3-5 days after the merchandise is received. The shipped date was December 16th, 2016 and received by Microsoft warehouse on Dec 27th, 20016. Return tracking # **. I called the support number (877-696-7786) on the Microsoft store 8 times since the purchase of December 16th through February 10th when I actually received my refund which is not even complete.

Every time I called they attributed the delay due to their warehouse not confirming the receipt of the item. I asked several time for this to get escalated to their managers and supervisors, I even asked to speak to the other team they were escalating to and they said they could not give me this information. This because very frustrating. On the last call I made on February 8th I asked the supervisor if I can record the call and she hanged up.

Clearly their support centers are somewhere overseas, but no structure of SLA's and no structure of escalations. I even asked that this ticket must be in someone's queue due to the time is still open without resolution. I am a developer and a former Apple customer. I wanted to consolidate my Ipad and Laptop, this is the sole reason I switched to the Surface products. I regret to say that now I have a laptop that I need to live with because this support and refund experience was horrible. I am now with a partial refund and heavy late penalties in interest from my 1,800+ dollars I waited for two months from Microsoft. My wish is that every user that researches before buying from the Microsoft Store (#Microsoft , #microsoftstore @microsoftstore) reads and that Microsoft Corporate takes action and makes changes to their vendor support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

After the automatic Windows 10 download, my Lexmark all-in-one will only scan partial pages. Leaving me to spend money at the local print shop to get my important documents sent out. Frustrating to say the least. I spent an hour with Lexmark only to find out it is a computer problem with windows 10. I guess Microsoft wants everybody to go out and buy a new computer, all-in-one, etc.

Ya know what's stupid? On 1/10/17 Essentials 2012 got discontinued. BUT IT'S QUITE USEFUL FOR ME! I WANT MY MOVIE MAKER. WHY? Well it's easy to make the videos, no watermark and no dumb credit cards! That's the only way I can edit my videos with no sweat. Now it's gone. Stuck with the paid and fully transparent watermark movie makers. I hope you are reading this Microsoft.

I had Windows 7 on my computer. It came on the screen I could upgrade to Windows 10. I did. After 60 days my computer no longer worked. I called for help and was told I need to purchase a key to activate Windows. I would have never upgraded if it was said that the upgrade costs money as my computer was running fine with Windows 7. The computer erased all expensive programs I had on it, including Office and Autocad; not to mention others. A total rip off. I was told Microsoft would not help. Now I am left with a system that will not work and lost programs. I am very displeased and never use a Microsoft product again. I will also to my friends not to.

I have had Office 365 for just over a year. At first it worked great. I built a extensive database with Excels workbook, tons of spreadsheets and one access database. I stopped working on Dec 28th and when I restarted in January all my formulas with links would break. After fixing each one several times I called MS Support. They know nothing. I was put through 8 different callers, only one actually understood my problem despite the fact that I kept telling them "please pass me on to someone who knows Excel and Office 365 cloud..." Then I entered my problem in MS community. Been 2 weeks and no even answer. I had to move all my work to my PC (as I suspected the Cloud is what was breaking the formulas). I have not had any problems with my spreadsheet. However now I also do NOT a BACKUP. There is NO SUPPORT and I cannot access my work on the cloud. Why pay for this?

I bought an Xbox one for my son. I set up his account and password protected it. Microsoft FORCE YOU to enter a credit card. Imagine my surprise when I received an unexpected bill for £48. I contacted them and explained that this cannot happen as the account is password protected. "Oh but yes it can" they explain. "Once you log your son in then he can buy whatever he likes." You what? So the password is basically useless! Furthermore you cannot remove payment info once it is on your account. So I have basically given Microsoft a revolving door into my bank account and they tell me that there is not a damn thing that I can do about it. We will see about that!

My credit card has been stolen through this company several times. This is the third time my credit card was used for charges I did not make. Last time they were trying to charge 600$ for a hotel room in New York and now I've been charged again for 106.99$ for a damn game add-on... I'm sick of these scamming bastards. And guess what? There's nothing they can do. To hell with Microsoft, I hope this company sinks big time. ** Microsoft hard!

I would give Microsoft 0 stars if it were an option. Absolutely HORRIBLE experience, in both product and customer service. My device has malfunctioned to the point of being inoperable TWICE in the last 8 months. That alone is ridiculous--and will hopefully warn you all against buying anything Microsoft ever-- but the real issues get even more ludicrous. Sent the device in for repair and received an email saying a replacement device was being sent within a couple days. 1 month later, the replacement device was never actually sent.

Getting a hold of a live customer service agent is borderline impossible and instead, I've been repeatedly shut down & subsequently hung up on by an automated system that in no way listens to or resolves the actual issues at hand. Have spent hours trying to get a live person on the line, and was finally able to live chat what I think was an actual human being, who assured me she would escalate the issue & have someone contact me. That, of course, never happened and then one week later I spent more hours of my getting another live person on an actual call. Within 2 min of talking with a live agent, I was told their system was down, they were unable to access any customer information and to call back.

Called back a few hours later, spent another 30 min trying to get a live person (and of course, was cut off & hung up on multiple times by the automated teller, who is an absolute junk show) and when finally I got through to a live person, was told it wasn't the right dept they had connected me to and subsequently hung up on me. So after lots of money and time wasted, I still don't have a device, still haven't talked with an actual person and sill have ZERO resolution to my issue. Total ** show. Microsoft -- both products and customer service -- is absolute GARBAGE. I would highly warn anyone who's thinking of purchasing from them to run far, far away. As fast as you can.

I was setting up a transfer account at a bank, and I had to do a validation email. When I clicked on the link in the email which said: "For security purposes, you are required to validate myaddress@outlook.com address before you can schedule transactions," it opened a window to download Boomerang. I assumed Boomerang must be an app the bank wanted me to use, but it had weird permissions, so I cancelled the download and kept trying to figure it out. Finally, I decided to ** to the bank and clicked REPLY. Voila, the link to Boomerang was gone!

I discovered that Boomerang is an app that can be used with Outlook for sorting mail or some such foolery. Microsoft maliciously embedded this link into an email that sought my validation to get me to download this app! The link to the app disappeared when I tried to send the email back to the bank! I am having a hard time formally complaining to Microsoft as they do not seem to have a process for complaints. Beware of these crappy corporate tactics and share the word. I posted on Facebook, and Reddit is next.

Charged me for a computer, never sent the computer, no email receipt as promised, confirmation number I was given is no good as well as employee ID number. Call several times said they have no information for me. Routed me to the Philippines to open a case?? I verified the charge with the bank. Microsoft Corp charged me for the computer. Keep calling, long waits, mutable people to no avail, then they hang up on you. Have to file fraud case bank. I would never buy from Microsoft again. Worst experience of my life.

I need to update the driver for my Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 6000. The mouse is causing my computer to wake when I put it to sleep, I can see this from the log files. I went online to update my driver, sent to a page to get the correct one. The page does not exist, I get an error message of File not found! I need to update the software to save power so I thought I'd contact Microsoft. The page first sent me to Singapore, from the US so put it right and went to the US page. This page sent me to the Canadian site to call the help line.

Once on the phone to Canada from the US despite clear and very concise requests, I need the driver for a Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 6000 64 bit Windows 10 OS I was pushed from department to department. On the 3rd one I was so exasperated I called the poor guy a complete imbecile and then hung up when he pushed onto the 4th department!

I didn't even want or expect technical support, I probably know far more than any of them. I've forgotten more than they have learned, but I did expect a simple answer and the correct URL so I can correct the problem by using the correct driver for my hardware! I want to save power not have it running out of control! It seems Microsoft have stopped using their FTP site so I couldn't even get it using a command prompt ftp session! One of the worst experiences from a help desk ever!

My issue is with Microsoft Office for which I paid for a 12 month subscription. My original call was to sync Office to my 3 devices. After this was done where they logged onto my system remotely and made changes to my system. I received further issues with Outlook not connecting to the Microsoft server and password prompts coming up continually and not accepting my password. I then called back and again got a new person who went on changing numerous setting on my computer and told me issue was fixed. The following day I tried to get in and could not as I had the EXACT same issue they were suppose to have fixed. I called back again and a new person went in and said they fixed. The following day EXACT same issue. I went through this process another 2 times and no one has managed to fix and I have spent around 6 hours in lost time over all of these calls.

While the issues have been open unresolved I have received 3 separate emails from different team leaders saying the request is about to be archived as completed and they value my feedback and to let them know if of my experience. I have responded to every one of these directly and NEVER received a single reply. I have received call from staff at 2.30am, 3.30am and 4.30am and asked for a call at a reasonable time yet never received one back.

I have been to the Microsoft website and lodged a complaint 4 days ago and never received a response. I have had numerous staff and team leaders promise call back and never received them. I have now had to go to fair trading as I have not had access to outlook for 2 weeks and there seems to be NO ONE in Microsoft willing to get back to me and fix this. I have had staff hang up and the list goes on. This is the most appalling example of poor customer service and internal communication I have ever come across. Avoid this company like the plague.

I purchased a Surface 2 in April 2014 with a 2 year warranty. Since that time I experienced infrequent issues with the battery not charging and was given quick solutions by the Corte Madera store to fix it. Then a month ago, the Surface 2 showed "battery not detected" and it could not be charged with any of the temporary fixes. I took it in to the store and they told me the device was irreparable. So every time I disconnect the power supply, the Surface 2 dies on me. It has become a non-mobile device. I notice there are other complaints about this issue. Does Microsoft have any plans to fix this and what about the $600 I paid for a shoddy product? One that doesn't last 3 years because the battery is hardwired and cannot be replaced!?

Microsoft is full of **. I had my Surface Pro 3 for 14 months. The warranty just went out and then they sent a update, and now my Surface Pro touch and mouse pad won't work. They gave me the runaround the past week now. At the end they want $450 to replace it for a new one! Nobody would not help me. I'm in college. I can't afford it.

After an update was pushed to my computer, I was unable to connect to the internet (the same thing happened to my father after the same update and we live in different houses with different service providers and different computers). He suggested I call Microsoft's tech help number since they had been able to assist him. After explaining the situation to the tech, he started going through different things and had me grant him access to my computer. After an hour and 30 minutes, he determined that the root cause of all my problems was that my computer hadn't been serviced and needed to be cleared (lots of cookies) and "optimized."

At this point he asked me for my software warranty number. He then determined based on the S/N I provided that I did not have a software warranty and, gee, to get that warranty would cost $250 for the year or $110 for a one time service. When I pointed out the issue was caused by a software updated pushed by Microsoft and this was a bit like taking your car in for an oil change, having the place smash your windshield and then demand you pay for the replacement window. He stated, "No no, this was issue was not because of the update." It was because my computer wasn't optimized and had cookies.

When I pointed out that it was simply far too much of a coincidence for an update to occur on the same day the issue materialized and to have the exact same thing happen to my father, he again repeated it wasn't Microsoft's fault. He finally transferred me to his manager who, from the word go, used a very rude and condescending tone. He repeatedly interrupted me and continued to repeat himself over and over. After about 30 minutes he stated he had no idea what my objective was for the call or what the problem even was--and he doubted the initial tech understood that either. When I requested the information for providing feedback, he told me and then rebooted my computer so I couldn't copy the information/paste it.

Several things about this interaction troubled me: He was supposedly trying to sell me their customer support package for $250 while being rude and condescending--is this the level and type of service you can expect to receive from the other techs after you've paid this fee?! After 2 hours on the phone with these people, he claimed that no one understood what the issue was--how can you hope to solve a problem when you do not know what the problem is? And finally, if you refuse to provide support for your software without a software warranty, why would you not ask for this number right off the bat instead of an hour and 30 minutes into a tech support call?

Frankly, Windows updates have done nothing but cause issues and Windows 10 in general has been my least favorite operating system EVER. This tech support experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth regarding Windows products that frankly I never had before. I'll be conducting research related to alternative operating systems going forward though I do not have much hope unless I move to Apple products. A move that becomes more and more appealing considering their tech team is both easily accessible in person and has never been rude or condescending to me when I have gone in to ask for help with my Windows products. I will also say I will never buy another Microsoft product (phone, tablet, etc.) again.

I had a great experience in a Microsoft Store where the people there were experts and they were very kind with me. I had problem with the Surface hardware itself. One of the connector was broken. So for months I was not able to use my external screen. The online customer service people tried to solve a software problem but it was a hardware problem. I had my computer reinitialised twice without results (of course).

It was the people at Stanford Microsoft Store who found the problem when I was in California! As long as I spent months to fix it online, my warranty was over when I had the chance to go to the Stanford Store. They found a wireless solution to connect my computer to my screen... But it is not the same as having my screen directly connected. Just because of a bad connector!

I purchased a new Dell PC over a month ago and Windows will not automatically update. After days of Dell troubleshooting we called Windows's supports. The customer service is horrible. After over 3 weeks, I still have the problem. They keep logging into my pc and allegedly working to solve the issue, but the issue is never solve and they do not even call me to inform me what is going on... So every day I have to call wait for 30-50 minutes on hold just to request a call from a level 2 technician who never calls back. I do not know what do to anymore. I requested to talk to supervisors, but is like talking to nobody as I always end up waiting for a call that is never received. CAN'T BELIEVE THAT A BIG COMPANY LIKE MY MICROSOFT HAS SUCH A ** SERVICE.

I have never been so appalled with the treatment from a company in my life, and that is saying a lot. Over the last week, when dealing with Microsoft, I have been repeatedly lied to, mislead, spoken to rudely, been called a liar, laughed at, yelled at, and even once sworn at. I bought the Arc Touch Mouse from Best Buy a few months ago in cash, and eventually lost the receipt (which by the way, is sold by Best Buy for $41.99, while Microsoft is willing to sell it to you at $59.95). However, I had not even bothered to open it until about a week ago. Within a few minutes the rear slider, which enables the mouse to easily slide across a surface, fell off. Clearly it was simply a bad mouse, and I figured, no problem, I will simply call Microsoft. My first problem, was trying to figure out a number to call or a form to fill out. Eventually I just googled it, and called the number for Customer Service.

This is where my problems begin. Now on top of everything, each time I called, and the automated machines transfers me to some department, usually the Answer Desk. Despite having gone through this repeatedly, every person I talk to insists that they can help me, and makes me explain everything, before finally concluding I went to the wrong department and needed somebody else. So for my first attempt, I started off by getting the Answer Desk. I explain what is wrong, give a bunch of information, before they finally decide that I need to talk to the 'Hardware Department', to which I get transferred. However, immediately I get a prerecorded message that says the line is currently not working and to call back later, and promptly hangs up.

So I call back later, and once again get the Answer Desk. I explain that I am looking to get a warranty repair or replacement on a mouse, and that I already went through this with the Answer Desk. I further inform him that I was told that I need the Hardware Department. Instead of transferring me, however, I am informed that the Hardware Department only provides support for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows. When I push him that Office and Windows is software, not hardware, and that I was looking for Hardware, he says "Precisely". He then goes on to tell me that Microsoft does not support accessories, and that instead I need to go back to where I bought it. When I ask if Microsoft supports the mouses that they sell in their online store, he tries to tell me that they do not have an online store, after which, he hung up on me.

So for a third time, I call back, this time getting through to the Hardware Department on my first try (although, having to wait on the line). The guy listens to me and tells me that Hardware Department does not cover accessories, that I need the "accessories" department (I couldn't understand exactly what he called it, and transfers me, without even saying another word, which ends up being another line which is temporarily out of order.

So for a fourth time, I call back, and finally get through to somebody who can handle warranty on the Arc Touch Mouse. So I start off by telling him that it is the 'Arc Mouse'. After about a minute of waiting, he comes back and says that Microsoft does not make any 'Arc' products. I tell him that I am an Microsoft's website, looking at it, and that I have it in my hand, and Microsoft is stamped along the bottom. After I hear him typing away for another minute or so, he finally comes back and says "Oh! The Arc Touch Mouse. That is a completely different thing. The Arc Mouse and the Arc Touch Mouse are two different products." Of course, I am silently thinking in my head, for them to be two different products, you have to actually make both.

But anyways, I explain to him that it was my first time using it, and the back fell off of it. His first response is that unfortunately Microsoft neither repairs that mouse nor offer replacement parts, so I would have to buy a new mouse. I explain that it is not normal, nor was it "wear and tear" as it had just come out of the box. So he says that Microsoft will replace it, and that he is going to email me a form I can attach the receipt. I go on to explain that I paid cash, and lost (well probably tossed) the receipt ages ago (after all, I bought it five months prior to all of this). I therefore inquire to what alternative steps can be taken. To this, he responds "Microsoft will permit you to purchase a new mouse at full price." To this I almost lost it (though kept my frustration bottled up fairly well).

I explained that I was not interested in purchasing a new mouse, when the original broke the first time I used it, and that that is not an alternative. That is saying Microsoft will do nothing. To which he says that I "must go back to Best Buy. They will give you receipt. You then email me receipt." I once again explain how this is not an option, and curious what procedures are in place for customers who cannot produce a receipt, and what is the alternative. He once again goes on to tell me that I permission to purchase a new one. I say that allowing me to purchase is not an alternative action for Microsoft, and what other options for a warranty repair do I have.

This next comment is where I became stunned. His response to that was, "I have told you what Microsoft will do." At this point, I am too stunned, besides the fact we are going around in circles, so I ask for his supervisor. He puts me on hold for a short period of time, then comes back and says "The supervisor is in a very important meeting with a very important client, and cannot speak. If you leave information, he will call you back." I give my phone number, and ask how long it will take. The response twenty-four to forty-eight hours. So I thank him, and hang up.

What a surprise, that three days later, I still have not heard from this supervisor. So for a fifth time, I call, and once again get the Answer Desk. I explain that this is the fifth time, and that I was suppose to hear back from a supervisor, but have not. As such, I would like to be put in touch with the 'Escalation Department'. Finally, some hope. The woman (who I am later told is Wilma), seems willing to help me. She informs me that they do not have any time that day, but that "We have availability Tuesday" (the following day). I grumble a little bit, about not appreciating having to wait another day, and what assurances do I have that they will actually call me the following day. She informs me that I can "rest assured" because she is going to give me a 'Service Request Number,' and that is how I know it is real.

I respond that I get that, but the last person I spoke to, told me that a supervisor would call me back, and I never got that. To which she says, "That was not the real Microsoft. They never gave you a Service Request Number. You can tell it is Microsoft because they will provide you with a Service Request Number." I am a little taken aback, as I called Microsoft's published number, and she was telling me they were fake Microsoft. I ask what time I can expect a call, and to my surprise, she gives me a small window. Further to my surprise, I get an email confirming my call data and time.

Yet, and I wish it was surprising, the time came and went, and I got no call. So after a few hours, I call Microsoft and get the Answer Desk, in a form of a gentleman named Xavier **. I immediately ask for a supervisor, as I have no interest in living up to Einstein's definition of insanity. I am told that he will get me a supervisor, however he just needs my Service Request Number. I question whether he is going to actually transfer me to a supervisor, since he has begun trying to collect information from me. He assures me that he will has soon as I give him that number, so I do. Which he instantly responds that he can see that it has already been elevated. I inform him that I get that, but I was expecting a call today as I was told yesterday, and see in my email. He just says, "No tomorrow." We go back and forth between him just saying "No tomorrow," and me saying "I get that, but yesterday it was today, so why is today tomorrow?"

Eventually, I ask for his supervisor again, but he just continues to inform that it is scheduled for tomorrow. I eventually ask him his name, to which he responds "**." I finally say "Good, **. Now get me your supervisor." He says "Okay, one minute," and stops talking. Less then ten seconds later he comes back (same voice), and says "Yes this is the supervisor. I understand you have an email that says something different than what our system says." At this point to frustrated, I just gave in, and say that is correct (at least he is finally listening to what I have to say). His first response after that is "Well I want to see it." After reading it to him, I offer to forward it. He says "No, I want to see it. I want to see your screen." So I download LogMeIn software, and open the email.

Despite supposedly having been transferred to a supervisor, I can see in the status window that "Xavier **" has requested to view my screen. He then comes back and says "No that is fake. I want to see your inbox." I ask him out it is fake, and he just starts yelling at me "It is fake! Show me your inbox." So I show him my inbox, and he sees it, and informs me that that is fake too. He then demands (in the form of yelling and repeated statements, that "You must open Safari and log in to your email." I do so, and try to load the email, but since I use iCloud and 30,000+ emails in my inbox loading takes forever. He then says "See. It is fake. That is why you will not show me." He can clearly see that my inbox is still "Loading...", but is only interested in telling me that I am wrong.

I tell him that he has seen the email twice, and it says December 6, on it. He goes, "No our system says December 7". To which, I respond "Computer systems have bugs all the time. That is why the Answer Desk exists. Because software and hardware fail all of the time." His instant response is that "No computers are perfect. They never are wrong." I then say that I am willing to wait one more day, if he can send me an email confirming the new date and time. Without even waiting a minute, he informs me that he has spoken to his supervisor, and he is not permitted to send any emails to me. At this point, I realize he is not interested in helping me, so I ask him for his supervisor once again. His response following is the most shocking that I have ever had. He simply says "No, we have already proven that you are a liar, **." At this point, I simply choose to hang up, rather than subject myself to more of Xavier **.

This review is to make a Huge Complain and to let others know all the abuse that these big Companies make with the small customers. Unfortunately, because of the monopoly of Microsoft, I had to purchase a Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus through a re-seller website called MyChoiceSoftware. I paid $230 for the Software, for which I received a Product Key. I could install it one time in one Laptop that is not exist anymore, and when I try to reinstall the software in a new laptop, the software does not activate.

I called Microsoft Tech Support to get help and when I provided them with the product key, they replied that the software was pirate (not genuine)! Unbelievable! I said what? Then with Microsoft tech in line, I proceed to conference him with MyChoice Software Support and when I explained this issue to them, they told me that I had to pay for another license. I almost die! So, I purchased a Microsoft Product that I cannot use... In real life that is call "Stealing or Scam".

It is like when you buy a car, you pay it and for you to own it and use it, but when you are going to drive it a second time, you are not permitted to do it, and when you call the dealer to solve the problem, they reply to you: "ok due to the manufacturer policies you already paid for it, and so, you could use it one time, but unfortunately you can not use it anymore. If you want to drive again you have to pay for another car." Unfortunately this is a Tadpole Vs White Shark fight. I am the Tadpole loser and I cannot do anything about it. The only option I have is to write reviews to try to make a general complaint. The other unfortunately thing is that these products are a huge Monopoly and we do not have another alternative but use these products. Very Sad.

I had the worse experience in my life today at my local Microsoft store (Cherry Creep Mall at Denver Colorado). I accidently ordered more XBOX games from Microsoftstore.com than I needed so I went to the local store for return (I called the customer service beforehand and I was told I could either ship them back or brought them to the local store).

After briefly inquired the reason of the return, the employee (Alex?) let me stand there waiting and waiting and waiting. For about one and half hours. Then he told me he could not accept the return for 3 reasons. 1) I purchased online so I should send them back (Really?) 2.) The amount I provided didn't match the receipt (It matched. It was so ridiculous the employee just didn't know how to count). I have no idea what was the third reason.

Here came the interesting part. The manager (Nick **) came along and repeat the same ridiculous reasons. I rose my voice and asked them why they didn't tell me at the first beginning and I needed they fixed the problems since I had already stood there for about 2 hours. Nick ** seems extremely excited. He said because I am a Chinese I made bulk purchase was illegal!!! And then he called the security and let them took me out. I ask them give me their business cards before I left, but Nick's hands were too tremble to hand me over his card. I am wondering how a mental unstable person could be a Microsoft manager.

It was another story after the securities came. Alex and Nick said they could not do the return because of the network was down (really!!!) In briefly, 4 hrs (two hrs drive and 2 hrs waiting) spent on this return I got nothing but got insulted. Can you investigate the reason they refused the return. Is because of online shopping? Is it true the network was broken down at that moment? Why what they said was not consistent? Is it illegal for Chinese do bulk purchase?

After the Windows 10 upgrade to our laptop, our sound card stopped working. We tried on our own to fix it. We went to forums and researched and found that it was a common issue after the 10 upgrade. After trying on our own for a couple months, my son decided to contact Tech Support through microsoft.com. Eve ** went into our computer remotely and went into System 32 and began removing Windows files. We were watching in horror and typed in the chat bar telling her to stop. She then rebooted our computer. When it came back up, the keyboard was typing keys other than what we were typing. We plugged in an external keyboard and got back in touch with Microsoft Tech Support. This time, we reached a male tech and he tried to work on the sound card, completely ignoring what we were telling him about what Eve had done. He still couldn't fix the sound card.

The next time we turned off the computer, it wouldn't turn back on. We would see either a grey screen or the BSOD. (BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH). I waited two paydays to take it to a PC Repair place, paid $50 for diagnostics only to be told my ASUS was created so that it will not allow an external device to go into the OS (Operating System). I contacted Microsoft Tech Support and expressed my dislike and distrust and asked to have my computer replaced. I was told they would send me an email. We ended the call and five minutes later, I received an email stating they would not replace it because they are "only tech support". I sent a copy to my PC guy and he has advised I contact an attorney.

I recently bought OneDrive for my business cloud backup and was very disappointed. Firstly the representative I spoke with was trying to get me to sign up for multiple users, when in fact I only needed one user. Then after finally reaching another representative who answered and addressed all my concerns and confirmed I only needed one user, then I purchased the Business Premium package for Office 365 that comes with OneDrive, etc. Initially we installed it on our desktop but due to older Office 365 version it didn't install correctly. Microsoft recognised this and initiated contact with us and assisted with re-installation. This is when we discovered their cloud back is "eons" behind other cloud companies. It could not automatically back up shared folders, with many sub-folders with individual PDF documents. What a waste!!!

Then when I requested a refund they only issued a credit for less than 10% of the actual cost I paid, then reiterated by email and two customer service representatives I needed to wait 60 days for my full refund. Microsoft is just terrible!!! Imagine years ago they were a great company, now they just want to prey on consumers with their annual renewal of Office 365 subscription plans. Can you imagine 60 days to process a refund when immediately the product was cancelled and no longer accessible. Heck No. I am not changing my mind to reactivate my subscription plan.

I just recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10. Love the computer but hate Windows. I live in the country and I can either have dial up or Hughes net internet service. Because your Windows is built around the internet my service is even slower because it is always downloading updates and this cuts into my data allowance as well. I also enjoy a relaxing card game before I begin my work and because of the embedded commercials or pay to have them removed, this is just plain crap. The games lock up waiting on the new commercial to load or they never load at all. My solution, remove all Microsoft programs that require internet service and tell all my friends to buy anything but Microsoft. It is no wonder people are finding alternatives to your products. When a consumer goes to Microsoft's website for contact information it is a joke. Microsoft does not want to hear about our complaints nor do anything to fix them.

Maybe we can do something about Microsoft if not well I tried. I’ve been banned too and can no longer access to my games or DLC that I have spent so much money on, years of game play and achievements and gamer scores just to have it all taken away over some ** and his friends trolling my account with reports of harassment and saying bad words too much for their till the baby eyes to read. Microsoft should only ban people for cheating not talking ** like everyone in the world does.

I had an issue with Microsoft Excel and I was looking on the internet how I can contact Microsoft support team. I went to the Microsoft website and on a certain moment I had to give my phone number so they can call and help me. After 30 minutes or so they called me (I made a short screen capture of my phone during the call) as usual it was a robot and they told me to wait on the line so a customer service agent can help me in a few minutes BUT it's almost 2 hours now and I'm still waiting, this is so ridiculous!!! Why they call me if they can't answer my call within 5 or 10 minutes??? Shame on you Microsoft. I really hate you!

Since I updated to Windows 10, my computer continues to crash with blue screens (BSOD). Spent time with Microsoft Customer Support via chat and the conclusions were twofold: 1) my problem would require sophisticated Microsoft internet tools to diagnose and solve; and 2) I would have to pay for this. Customer service rep noted the blue screens of death were an "emerging problem" with Windows 10. Depends on how one defines emerging. Blue Screens of Death Started the day I updated to Windows 10.

Bottom line. MICROSOFT cannot design software anymore that works. Their software is so patched up over the years by (apparently) incompetent programmers that it's hopeless. My advice: NEVER UPDATE. And get a MAC when buying your next computer. That's what I'm doing. Microsoft is ONLY in business because it has market dominance, which will go away when consumer quit buying inferior Microsoft programs. Truly, Microsoft cannot release anything but a beta program, that they require the consumers to ID the problems and then Microsoft wants the consumer to pay for Microsoft to fix a problem created by microsoft. Nice racket. Again: Never update microsoft, never buy a microsoft program and get to the MAC platform as fast as you can.

Microsoft Company Profile