3.87/5
Based on 1,120 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Microsoft

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Microsoft Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

If you are planning on buying a console or for that anything from the online Microsoft stores can I suggest not doing it, I ordered a all digital Xbox One S 1TB console and a special edition camo controller with charger stand. For a lil over 234 and change CAD for their Black Friday sale. Which seemed like a great deal and all until it passed the day the delivery was to be at my house. First of each part was shipped through a different couriers one console through FedEx and the controller and charger stand through UPS, now for the console was delivered by fedex to the wrong address in Kitchener and coz it states it's been delivered.

The customer service team can't seem to help me whatsoever and states that I have to contact fedex to rectify said hiccup, then the controller and stand from UPS is stuck somewhere in the states which microsoft again tells me that I have to contact UPS to rectify said problem as well. But UPS won't tell me anything aside from it's somewhere in the United States and usually hangs up. fedex has stated that my console should be picked up for Monday December 9th even though it was to be at my house or residence no later than the 4th of December. My controller was to be at my residence between December 2nd and the 4th latest. microsoft has no contemplation of what customer satisfaction means or is for that matter. I get better help from wish.com than I am getting from fedex UPS or microsoft whom I placed my order with to begin with.

So again you want something from microsoft that you must have go into a store an do it in person as to get your item then and there, as anything online is just one massive hassle and crazy stress trying to figure out what the hell is going on. As I have been a avid Xbox One gamer over a decade of constantly have a live connection. Means jack all to them it would appear. And if I could I would get a refund but due to me not having my console or controller for that I can't even get my refund so that I can just switch to a damn PS4 or even a Nintendo switch. As both of them are way more reliable than microsoft.

I am not too sure when or what has happened to microsoft and the way they are running things but its absolutely ** now and I do not recommend anyone get anything from microsoft online at all anymore. Make it so their online stores and online live chats for help have to shut down and reevaluate how they do things and how they accomplish customer requests all together. If I could I would add the massive screenshot I got of the live chat I had with a microsoft rep. Where I was constantly talking he was barely saying anything to me but the same old ** I have heard way too many times in the last 4 days from their team members, and the biggest part is they don't know how to do their jobs whatsoever. The screenshot I have is about 7 to 9 pages long.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I accidentally purchased Xbox Minecraft for my son for Christmas when I thought I bought the PC version. Microsoft has refused to grant a refund since the redeem code was used, only to find out the Xbox version was ordered instead of the PC version. I simply asked for a refund in order to return to their online store and buy the right version for the PC, but Microsoft refuses to grant a refund simply because the redemption code was used by clicking on the link to redeem the code, which I thought would take me to the download area to get the software for my PC only to find I cannot download it, because I bought the Xbox version, which I do not own an Xbox.

Microsoft is being completely unfair, and the Indian sales service they farm their service out to simply doesn't care, nor understand basic English. I've been stolen from by Microsoft, as I have not received the software I purchased, but only a code. I did not BUY a code, I bought the software, and Microsoft is considering a redeemed code as software itself, which of course is ridiculous because it is not what I bought. My advice to anyone, is to avoid purchasing from Microsoft's online store until they fix their horrendous sales terms and their online website, and customer service, which at the present time, doesn't look like is going to happen anytime soon.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Microsoft claims they will refund price differences within 30 days of a lower price if through them. I went through the terms and conditions, made sure the product was in stock and called the number provided to me on my receipt for this. Upon calling I was informed they would not price match. First was because it was beyond 30 days, it had been 9; then that it was because we purchased a bundle, this was not listed anywhere as an exclusion; and finally due to my purchase method, also not listed as an exclusion. I requested the terms and conditions that were excluding my purchase to be sent to me and it was declined.

I find this to be absolutely unbelievable that not only are they following through on their promotion but also that they refused to send me why this was the case. I can definitely see why everyone says Apple has superior customer service. I would rather pay more for their products now than to shop with Microsoft. Which is quite sad seeing how long I have been a customer.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

The last time I used my laptop it requested doing an update which was very lengthy. The update completed and I did the work I needed to do and closed down normally. Today I turned on the laptop at 4 pm and at 9.30 pm the screen is black/blue! I purchased the laptop with Windows 7 on it, I never wanted to upgrade to Windows 10, yet one day when I turned it on it downloaded Windows 10. I have never like it and now it has deemed my computer useless!!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I worked for Microsoft years ago, and have used Microsoft products for years. Everything that they attempt to do when it come to ANYTHING... in inferior! Amazon has every right to be questioning the government for their last bid for cloud storage! It makes no sense. I can't even go 1 day without at least 60 spam emails and several of them being PHISHING! Microsoft is HORRIBLE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Had to have a Microsoft account in order to play Minecraft. Which was no biggie. My daughter was playing it for about 2 weeks, I sign into my Microsoft account just to view her account activity. Sign out. She goes back on Minecraft. It wont work. After numerous attempts it finally opens and everything is erased like it's brand fee freshly downloaded. So I call support to figure it out. Waited on hold for 47 minutes just to get a very rude associate who first tried telling me there's no such account with my email. (Mind you I was currently logged into it.) Finally he says, "Oh there it is." Says there's no history. I explain what had happen. He kept repeating how I need to call Google for a refund. Which in no way had I mentioned that. I just wanted to know why I view her activity then all her worlds and profile were gone.

So after repeating his self multiple time I got frustrated asked for a supervisor. After another 25 minutes on hold I get a supervisor who is even rude. Wouldn't not stop talking and listen to anything. Just kept saying you cant use Microsoft on Android tablets. And he cant help me. I clearly know the difference. I have a Microsoft account just so my daughter can play Minecraft. Not impressed one bit with how rude and unprofessional both associates were. That just tells me not to purchase or use anything associated with Microsoft. They are just money hungry, greedy scammer.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Over the past few years we have paid Microsoft $149 per year for tech support.The service was initially good. But has now become destructive. Two days ago my wife's computer had a problem with connecting to the extended monitor. After trying various fixes, the rep then said we should use system restore. I asked if there was any danger of other problems developing from this and he said no it would be fine. It has not been fine and has led to outlook going inoperational. We'll be cancelling our subscription. This is the not the first time in the last year we have had substandard support.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I had to approach Microsoft support recently because of the dead pixel in my new Surface Book 2 (two months old). Over the phone, a gentleman named Sam informed me that I will receive replacement computer shortly and then I will need to send my faulty computer back to them. He made me feel that in this way I will not be out of computer. (Spent around an hour on phone) Then I checked my Microsoft account and understood that I will only receive the item (3-6 business days) after I return the faulty computer. Being Confused, I decided to contact online (live chat).

After 1.5 hours of chatting, Mary Jane told me – An advanced shipping has been arranged. They will hold an amount of 1049$ from my credit card. I agreed. Then they charged 1579$ (Which was 40% more than the price of my current laptop). And I called Microsoft (which always goes to a foreign country, where most of the people thinks New Mexico is a part of Mexico) and got really confused. Now I have a faulty Surface book 2 and more than twice the amount of surface book 2 prices is out from my bank. Really, why did I move from MacBook Pro? I should be punished.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Worst email provided I have ever used. Site takes forever to load and watch out.... If you ever get locked out because of a forgotten password or logging from different IP be prepared to be locked out for 30 days. Worst security system I have ever seen for recovering accounts. This is a problem across the Microsoft/Outlook account(s) such as Skype and not limited to email. Find a better company to use for your email (and for Skype) or trust me.... You will be sorry you didn't listen.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I've been an avid user of Outlook (not Outlook.com) since it began in 1996. First when I worked for a corporation, then after I stopped working for corporations and worked from home. Ever since I can remember, once a year, spammers get a hold of one or more of my accounts and starts hammering them with junk mail.

The problem with this is that Outlook is UN-trainable, and legitimate email ends up in that folder. I must go through it for each account to make sure to mark them as not junk. I send & receive tons of emails, so just imagine being in your 60's straining your eyes through emails every day. I don't like Outlook.com and refuse to use it as my email agent; they know this, too.

I used to be able to contact Hotmail support, who somehow closed the gate to this, even though the emails weren't @hotmail.com email addresses. I've done this every year for years. THIS year, I get in a chat session with some fool from India (I know them by their names, as I've worked with tons of them in the computer profession), who starts sending me emails saying they won't do anything about it because they aren't Hotmail email addresses. But, a few months ago, all the emails going to one of my accounts WERE Hotmail email addresses. Somehow this employee managed to remove the designated Hotmail domain name and expose the underlying spamming email address and the onslaught continues.

So, I started sending all the emails back to them from my junk mail folder to abuse(at)hotmail.com and abuse(at)microsoft.com. Old trick I learned long ago. I keep getting messages saying to reveal the source of the emails using Outlook.com. I told them that won't do any good, they ask me to do it anyway, then send me an email saying they won't do anything about it because they aren't Hotmail email addresses. INSANE! Meanwhile, the number of junk mails being sent to that address are increasing by 2, then by 3. I continue sending them back to them. Almost 200 per day for one account.

I look on the internet to attempt to find the Corporate office phone number and end up being sent off to technical support. Well, tech support started this mess and I had no confidence they would do the right thing. I schedule a call-back. To make a long story short, I end up talking to a so-called supervisor (I'm convinced he wasn't now).

After not listening for 30 minutes, now my main account is getting an onslaught of junk mail that I have to go through to find legitimate emails to put back in my inbox. He tells me there is no way to speak with anybody at the Corporate office and now I'm peeved to the hilt. He closes the case immediately, which made me suspicious that he may have been a co-worker of the original guy in the chat session. The same spammer, phisher, etc. can make variations of their email address and get around any rules you create & Outlook's filter; making you manually address the issue if Microsoft won't. That takes a ton of time out of my busy schedule.

All this is to say, tech supports all over the world (and mainly in India & the Philippines) are doing a bunch of shady things. This guy tries to tell me perhaps it was some mistake. Really? Now, they switch to sending crap to my 2 oldest email addresses, which I've had since the early-to-mid 1990s? This has got to stop, and I need to get to the Corporate office to report this. People not giving out information about who they are doesn't help and UGH! I'm changing the companies I do business with the first eAddress this started happening to, to get rid of that one. But, now my primary? I can't get rid of that one. What a crock! I know what they're doing; I was a software consultant, developer, engineer, and was in software tech-support and hardware before that. Since 1978; before PCs were even invented.

They're being intentionally vindictive, and I'm tired of monopolies giving their employees the green light to do anything they want to consumers. FED UP! And, what's with forcing everybody onto Windows 10? I can't stand that Operating System, and mine is stable. My laptop has Windows 10 on it, and I hate it. It's doing too much for savvy users to be comfortable with, but that's another review to write. I am an Office 365 subscriber paying for this nonsense.

Microsoft Company Information