Microsoft

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I buy a laptop from Microsoft Online Store on November 28th 2016. I refused delivery on November 30th 2016. I did not get money back from Microsoft. I never expect this type of service from such a BIG COMPANY. I am planning to sue on Microsoft because I am fed up from contacting to Microsoft. I called 20 to 30 times for such a small amount like $440.91.

Office 365 ruined my PC. I tried to open a Word document yesterday evening and a dialog box popped up from Office 365 saying that I needed to repair my program. I follow the instructions and it said that is repaired my program and everything was fine. That was a biggest lie of many lies I've been told by Microsoft over the years. My laptop, a wonderful Lenovo Flex 3, slowed to a crawl and eventually became totally unresponsive. Now I am faced with hundreds of dollars of repair or probably the necessity to spend $500 and purchase a new laptop because of the ignorance and arrogance of this company. We are all forced to use the inferior Microsoft Office and the Microsoft operating system. It is nothing less than indentured servitude and should be illegal. Curse you Microsoft. I curse you.

I regret that I ever paid for the 365 account. I wish I had never done it. A couple months after I renewed my account there was an update to Windows 10. I read reviews and heard people complaining about the equations tool in word. I use this a ton. So I did not do the update. Then a couple more months went by and as I was working on a word document that was about 90% equations, all the sudden my screen went weird and then my Word program looked different and the equations tool would not work any more. I called customer service and spent over an hour on the phone with them, found out they did a forced update, and demanded the old version back on my computer. It took a while but I got them to switch it back to the old version. This worked for maybe one month. Then my word program went back to the new crappy version.

I called customer service back and this time they said they would not switch me back to my old version because they no longer support that version. I said well I bought the window 7 version and I have the product key and I want that back on my computer and I want to cancel this 365 account since so far I have just thrown my $ away on it. They told me my product key no longer worked because it is now outdated but I could buy a new product key for $100. I read a review that they did this to someone else. I told them they needed to give me a refund. I was only 4 months into a year paid account and so far all I got was my program messed up and lost months of work I did. They said they would give me a refund but I still have yet to get that.

After reading reviews of Microsoft I seriously want to file a class action suit against them. Their business practices are so dishonest and illegal. I'm not happy at all with Microsoft right now. They caused me so much stress and lost of months of work I did. And now Google Doc equation tool super sucks too! What the hell! Are there serious math haters out there that have infiltrated and are destroying all the math tools engineers, scientist, accountants, and anyone that needs to write up a math equation use?

Microsoft Office 13 on Windows7 OS - I was upgraded on Thursday and I have been having headaches since due to the visual graphics. The colors are so glaring and there isn't a feature to improve the contract. It hurts my eyes - This is worse than Microsoft "Vista". The office suite does not provide the black color scheme on dark gray which is not dark at all - More silver. Basically I can't stand to use it.

I have spent literally hours being bounced back and forth between different call center technicians, and when I wasn't hung up on, I was having to explain to them how the product they are supposed to be supporting works. Really??? Doesn't bode well for the rest of the experience, does it? And another thing Microsoft. Is there a call center that is not located in ** India or halfway around the world? Every technician I spoke to I couldn't even ** understand because of their ** Indian accent, and they are about as PC knowledgeable as a flying turd with down syndrome and don't know a god damn thing about what they are talking about, which just pisses me off even more on top of everything else.

This is why issues go unresolved with Microsoft products: all of the ** one has to go through just to report it is soo tedious and infuriating that I almost think a bullet to the brain would be more pleasant. If poor customer support were a sin, Microsoft, I would personally boot your fat ass into the deepest, darkest, most painful pit hell would have to offer. One of the worst customer experiences in my life and would personally love to jam forks into the eyes of the Microsoft employee who handles Customer relations, as he apparently either a) doesn't exist or b) gets paid to do ** all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 OS (if I wanted to use my laptop as more than just a notepad) so I bought the download from Microsoft. I tried to download the new OS but because my laptop is older the download failed. A pleasant bonus is the virus that is now on my laptop. Customer support tells me that their server is virus free but if I had just cleaned my pc of viruses at a store in preparation of upgrading my OS and that was my only next step... Why is there a virus on my pc from their perfect server? Of course Microsoft can't help me - I will have to pay to fix their mistake. Great. Pay to get a virus and then pay to get it taken off - it's the perfect scheme.

Bought the Windows 7 years ago. I tried to use it on a computer in my hobby building and the key won't activate. I used it in the past but that computer is long gone. I am fed up with Microsoft and will use Linux as I do on my Laptop.

Needed to reinstall the OS on my laptop. Thought I'd be fine just using the Windows OS disc that came with my computer because that's why they send you the disc with the computer. Got a popup message saying the product key wasn't valid, and my copy of Windows wasn't genuine. Called tech support, who GRACIOUSLY offered for a MERE $100 to get me a valid key for the disc I had already bought. Disgusting. This is why people have Macs.

My experience with Microsoft Customer Support and the two applications Outlook email and their newly acquired Skype linking rules have been the most surreal, depressing, and revolting customer experiences I have ever had with any digital product and that is saying something in an era where consumers are well-prepared for helpline nebulae and impersonal treatment by behemoth companies. On April 4th I created an Outlook email account for myself, because I remembered from a previous foray into Outlook some years ago that the application had an easy folder making system.

It was a bout of organizing that took me to Outlook. But I should not have been fooled by the image of Microsoft's attractive softwares as cozy, well-designed instruments of an organized life. The design is shoddy - I feel that one part of the Skype/Email link matter should actually be actionable - and as I will describe, trying to rectify the simplest of errors with these Microsoft systems sends the consumer down the most futile, exhausting, colossally time devouring rabbit-hole of helpless frustration. On April 4th from my Inbox on Gmail, I forwarded some emails to Outlook, and erased the original emails from my Gmail Inbox once I saw them arrive in my Outlook inbox. As these emails were not originated in Gmail they would not be recorded under Sent. So the only record of them now would be in my Outlook Inbox.

On Wednesday I happily went to open my Outlook.com email, to find that I was being shepherded without any option or choice to link my Skype account with this newly made email. Skype? How did Skype come in? Outlook email? What was going on? Why was my entry to Outlook email being barred, unless I made an adjustment to my Skype account? For me, two unrelated matters, two unrelated applications with very different functions. In any case why would I have to be compelled to concern myself with Skype. I was trying to access my emails. Why was this email account concerning itself with how I dealt with an entirely different application?

A quick search determined for me that Microsoft has purchased Skype. So I sort of understood the logic of the connection. The Outlook commands were commanding me to provide an email that would be "LINKED" to my Skype account, and, as was explained to me later, Microsoft wants to "UNIFY" under a single username and password, all its different applications used by a customer, for the "benefit of the customer," needless to say the customer is being "convenienced" whether or not he/she wants.

Another internet search threw up this untrue piece of information. Go ahead people advised and LINK your SKYPE account with an email address, as Outlook is commanding you to do; there is a way out. You can go afterwards into your Skype SETTINGS and UNLINK that email account from your Skype. I did not even know what the implications of this linking were. Would my Skype pop up every time I used my email, or vice versa? Would Skype and email move towards some sort of address sharing unless denied the way Uber wants to enter one's contacts? Nonetheless it was reversible. I would add an email address and then go into SKYPE SETTINGS TO UNLINK my account. So I wrote in my work email address, thinking it was the remotest I could think of from this personal Outlook email and the safest because it was institutional and many more walls surround it than my other emails.

Immediately following I went to SKYPE TO UNLINK - a message came up saying UNLINKING was not available. Thus the first round began: Customer service for Skype, once you obtain it, is CHAT. There is no telephone conversation option. In chat it took about an hour for the technician to understand the problem. The technicians are not fully proficient in English often. They are desperately looking for catchphrases in what one says, and often give mechanical answers and make prefabricated apologies. It was hard for me to understand the problem too through the manner of the technician's communication. The news was NO UNLINKING possible, no technician in all of Microsoft with all of Microsoft's might has the power to UNLINK the association now, of my work email with my Skype account. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE the technician says.

Conversely therefore canceling my Skype would also cancel my email account as now they were linked! How can the arm of Microsoft SKYPE reach to CLOSE DOWN MY INSTITUTIONALLY DESIGNATED WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT? The entire situation sounds like a plot from a schizophrenic's tremens oration on a late night subway ride. But no, at least theoretically, it is plausible because as it turns out my work email is on a Microsoft platform of some sort. So now I have a professional email linked to a personal application that CANNOT be DELINKED, nor is it possible to cancel the personal application without having my work email be possibly affected somehow. Chat moves up to Supervisor. After much back and forth the Supervisor comes to the same conclusion.

I call work in desperation. No, they said, let Microsoft do their worst, the work emails are not really reachable by Microsoft, go ahead and cancel your Skype account. The Microsoft cancellation site is not designed for an easy cancellation. Another hour of chat and fiddling with the website for cancellation ensues, involving the site sending numbers over and over to my phone as codes, so that it can be assured it is indeed I, wishing to cancel my account - as if any enemy of mine would suffer a Microsoft cancellation on my behalf. Finally I cancel. But no, Microsoft does reach past the walls of my work email system. I receive an email at work, from Microsoft, quoting my work address, saying it will be canceled within two months, unless I use it, in which case it will not be canceled. But I just used the account to check their email to me.

So all the hours of canceling and wrangling and chatting and typing and code inserting and login re-configuring and searching trashed in one instant. Kafka god rest his soul, did not think it quite like this. End of Day One Result: unwanted connection of application Skype with my work email - zero option or solution for reversing the situation. Violation of my privacy, and my right as a consumer to not want a product. True choice in this matter would have been to articulate the terms of the connection of making an email account with Microsoft, and all its consequences with Skype, email linkage, and so on, and the issue of the connections being irreversible. These would have to be presented to the customer honestly at the OUTSET, BEFORE ONE MAKES AN EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH THEM NOT AFTER.

All this came up the second time, I approached my email, their path was presented as the only path, the route to following the Microsoft intention for the customer, surpassing the customer's choice. This is a con essentially, arriving digitally, but still a very ambiguous and sleazy foisting of the product on the customer. I do not know what the interest in Microsoft is to lock its customers into an email linked with its Skype, but it arrives at this item with deception, and maintains with force, and its representatives uphold the con by not having the authority to intercept these mechanisms. These customer service jobs must incidentally be horrible for the workers who must sustain an iron resilience against the contempt their company elicits in its customers.

Day Two - I have given up on the job email/Skype matter though I feel very violated still, very regretful that I ever approached Outlook.com, ever was tricked by the login misdirection, nonetheless I go to find my emails. Outlook does not recognize my password, so it directs me to reset my password. It has on record of course my username, and as reference my two other emails, and asks me to which I would have a reentry code sent. So, it is not recognizing my password, but it is recognizing my account. I obtain the code and reset the password. Outlook opens. THERE ARE NO EMAILS, NONE OF THE FILES I MADE.

Outlook has gone through the procedure of treating me as a recognizable entity renewing their password for a pre-established email account but instead of returning me to my email account it is providing me with a new account. My work is gone. In this case there are two texts that are important to me of which I have no other copies, one is a letter from an editor, another is a poem. I cannot write to the writer asking for copies. I need these two emails even if I discount the rest of my files that are lost, and which I made on Monday. In spite of yesterday's experiences, I honestly do not believe that this will be too complicated a matter to resolve. This time as I make my way through the internet it seems that there is an actual phone conversation support available at Microsoft. But I am quite wrong. Following are the steps that like an infernal snake begin and end in a grotesque circle, a circle of utter shoddy sloppy indifference.

A woman comes on the line, heavily accented, we cannot hear each other well, but no for Outlook there is no telephone customer support but they have a "A TEAM OF CHAT SUPPORT". I rail and by now I have lost all the reserve and manners I maintained yesterday, I have raised my voice, I am railing that I cannot possibly sit at chat again, but finally I have no choice. Chat person comes. He sends the canned apologies and asks robotic questions, I answer irate, rude, ironic but must repeat myself over and over to make myself understood. He cannot help me, but he has copy pasted a link. "CAN I FILL A FORM THEY HAVE A SPECIAL TEAM OF EMAIL SUPPORT." I am beyond railing at this point, and demand, demand to speak to a supervisor. Much waiting, Supervisor comes on the line, mid-conversation, as I am explaining the problem, I think she becomes overwhelmed, she simply hangs up.

I call the number from which she had called, I go through the branches pressing numbers, once I get to Outlook it tells me that "THERE IS A TEAM THAT GIVES CHAT SUPPORT" and hangs up. I call the number again and refuse to answer the phone prompts so finally a person comes on the line. Halfway through my conversation he hangs up.

A woman comes on the line; I do my best to warn her to not hang up, but refuse to tell her the entire story and demand to speak to a supervisor. When the Supervisor comes she does not know anything about technical support, she just directs calls and she will direct me to Accounts and Billing. I am beyond livid, groaning at this point that Accounts and Billing have nothing to do with the simple technical matter. Could a technician be accessed who would check my usage of their software and note the original email account made and whatever else has been happening subsequently. The only people to whom she can send me are Accounts and Billing.

At Accounts and Billing I explain my problem and the young woman tells me with surprise in her voice how could my problem have anything to do with Accounts and Billing. I assure her I had no assumption her department had anything to do with technical matters but that I was sent there through an infernal ring of deferred responsibilities. Could I speak to her Supervisor. Supervisor cannot access anyone, anywhere higher in the chain, knows no one at her own level in technical assistance for Outlook, she can only direct me to CHAT SUPPORT! Which is where I started.

Microsoft Customer Support Snakehead eats its Tail. My emails are lost. Almost two entire days wasted, my sense of digital autonomy and privacy violated, I started by trying to be more organized and more in control! Microsoft Software Product Outlook.com for personal use is clearly not the right vehicle! Nor is its linkage with Skype. Microsoft Customer Service Business Model - Repugnant indifference to product integrity. During my Skype related conversations I spoke to a number of technicians who were caring, but the system leaves them absolutely helpless to intervene on any error or purposeful error committed by the Microsoft scamming digital design, so they just end up with the distasteful task of having to helplessly apologize.

The conversations of the second day, concerning my personal Outlook.com were simply absurd. Everyone I spoke to was in a fog, and was fumbling to pass me from themselves to whomever next. No one had any expertise. Again this was not the fault of the individuals, who I am sure are doing their best wherever they are, but the setup, and design of the organization and this sector of the business is execrable.

This is an awful sector of Microsoft with its attempt at a cool fun software providing surface, with its bizarre agenda of foisting customer bondage, as opposed to earning customer allegiance. And the indifference to customer autonomy or dignity is clear from the landfill customer service environment. The executives who are in charge of the product, in charge of the service, and in charge of the employees should try to improve the product and the services for the customers, and for their beleaguered employees who are exposed to the customers, instead of creating a shoddy environment, and hiding, while the lower ranks daily take the blows. I am thinking of all the helpless workers who had to endure my aggravation today. The employees quality of life as well as mine as a customer affected by the product, should be a matter of concern for the designers of this sorry business system.

When I purchased Office 365 for Business I already had a personal account that was intertwined with my family's XBOX subscription. This caused an issue that has now spanned 3 months. I have gotten no real resolution until today, which I had to figure out on my own. I thought it would be an easy fix to let tech support know about the mix up and I assumed before my first call it would be a quick fix.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with foreign tech support while they transfer me to different departments with no resolution to be found with any department. The support techs are uninformed of real tech issues and seem to only follow the guidelines they're taught. The endless login circles and navigating Microsoft's account settings has cost me several hours billable time. Not to mention my increased frustration and dislike for Microsoft. It seems there is no REAL support unless you dig deep or just fix it yourself. Pretty pathetic for this multi billion dollar corp.

I run a small, one-person Secretarial Service in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. A year ago, just prior to April 15th tax filing deadline, Microsoft downloaded an un-asked-for Windows 10 upgrade to my computer causing the following: 1. Unable to fulfill my clients' requests to print their tax forms because my computer would no longer communicate with my printers (loss of income). 2. In the long run, I had to buy a new printer and a new computer and still, one year later, am having printing issues (new equipment purchase, on-going problems).

Microsoft Windows 10 - Shockingly bad software slickly wrapped in a user-friendly very expensive sales package. It runs malware authorized and supported by Microsoft, and re-installs it under the guise of Windows updates. And it REALLY IS malware, which IT installs. It steals your cursor when IT wants to update you (sod you telling it!) and resizes windows, flips the cursor out to an area and merrily flashes away while IT does what IT wants with YOUR computer. Spies on you under the guise of telemetry feedback. And here's the biggie--turns OFF your virus protection to open your PC to hackers. And here's another--turns OFF your network protections.

The above presumably so Microsoft can hack you, as there is no reasonable excuse to switch off protections we pay for in order to protect us from the nasty side of the Internet. Lies about what is switched on or off so you THINK you have stuff switched on (i.e. check McAfee (which is owned by Microsoft) you see a nice green "you are protected" tick; check the services and software in the back end and it is actually turned off. Windows Defender says your PC isn't protected, but then try to turn on your virus protection, it won't let you. (There might as well be no protection as allow Microsoft to protect your system.) And plenty of other performance issues as a result of the above and worse. Frankly PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can some reputable company PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE produce quality software I can use so I can stop using MS period. And put these FREAKING COWBOYS out of business!!!

Microsoft is ruining everything related to Windows 10 phone. I recently had to replace my phone. When I went to reinstall the apps on the new phone, half of them were missing. It used to be real easy to find old apps on the phone website but of course, Microsoft removed all of that. I've spent hours trying to find apps that I had on their stupid store to no avail. What a pain in the **! Microsoft wonders why everybody hates them. They should look at what they did to the phones and how they took a wonderful system (Windows 8.1) and ruined it completely. Nothing has worked right on this phone since it was upgraded.

I am tired of all their computer updates lately and all of the massive amounts of updates messing up my windows 10 so bad. I went back to windows 8.1 64 Bit. Much better. Also my Microsoft Lumia 640 windows 8.1 phone will not connect to my PC after trying several different USB cables and buying a new one and try to connect thru Bluetooth and will not connect and can't find info in the web or on Microsoft site or anyone to help me with this issue that started a week ago. Even At&t will not help me. They tell me to call Microsoft.

Also if you call Microsoft you have to pay them to help every to ask them some simple tech question. I can see after 20 or 30 minutes of them helping you charging you. You their super number and it is worthless unless you give them your card info and they charge you whatever they feel like and you don't know the price till you look online at your card bill. Glad I did not do that and give them my card info. Someone can still card my info and they charge me whatever they think.

Please excuse, this is the email I was trying to send them. They do not have an email address for customer service though, nor for complaints. Read below: I just spent over 46 minutes on the phone with support for Microsoft Office 365. I called 1-800-865-9408 at 10:53 AM on March 13, 2017. I got transferred twice, which means I spoke to 3 different people, and spent a great deal of time on hold. I expressed my objective and the reason for my call right away: I needed to cancel the automatic renewal of my Microsoft Office 365 subscription, which was set to renew next month. I would have done it online, however I did not remember my user name and, while there is an option to re-set one's password, there is no option to re-set/retrieve one's username. I tried twice. I had to seek out a phone number to call, none were provided in the emails or the site/page I was on.

The first lady I spoke to was nice, however it turned out that, even though she could easily look up my account and verify it with me (as she did), she could only handle Microsoft Office 365 accounts for home or school. She needed to transfer me to another lady (for business accounts) for which I waited on hold for a good while. This lady, after again verifying my person and my account couldn't handle billing matters (why did I talk to her in the first place?, so she transferred me to a lady named April. April, again had to verify my person and my account. After doing so, she informed me I'd have to complete this process via the website (which is what I was having difficulty with in the first place, hence the call). I said, "I've been on this call for over 30 minutes. Are you telling me you can't handle the task of cancelling the renewal of my subscription on your end?" She said "Yes", but I'd have to do it on the website.

This didn't make sense, and we went through that a couple more times. I again restated that I didn't have or remember a User ID, so I couldn't get on the website. She attempted to send me a getting started email so I could follow the steps to get logged in, and AGAIN, take care of it myself. The email took about 10 minutes to come through. During that time, I literally sorted all emails I had from Microsoft Office 365, found the original emails with a User ID (from a year ago), attempted the website again, and turned off the subscription renewal myself. WHICH SHE NOTICED IMMEDIATELY!

But apparently she couldn't turn it off on her end. She asked if there was anything else I needed from her. I said I would need an email confirming the subscription would not renew. She said I would eventually get one. Not today, not this week. Apparently she can't do that either. Is this your version of customer service Microsoft? You wasted almost an hour of my day, and did LITERALLY nothing.

Was having issues with our sons computer. Needed Tech Support. Was on the phone 3.5 hrs. They couldnt help so they were going to level ll tech callback. 3 hrs. later, they called, we answered the phone and were hung up on. After I called back, on phone with the Level II Tech, Sherwin - if that was his name, for 5 min. And he says there is nothing they can do to help. I proceed to tell them that since I paid $99 for service and none, that it want my money back. "Sherwin" because it is still processing, I must wait callback, and then I can receive my refund. This is Thurs. Feb. 16 - 2017. $99 clears bank acct. Call back, deal with customer support for another 2.5 hrs. To find out that they do not have any proof that a payment went through or that I paid for anything.

Even though: they emailed product #, gave me an order #, received a claim #, have a bank transaction #. Was told that a level 3 tech will call me and "TRY" to find my Info. to see if they can a refund. This was Sat. Feb. 19 - 2017. It is now Thurs. Feb. 23 - 2017, still no call, no refund, no response. Will be talking to my Bank to deal with them about getting our $99 back. Word of Advice: Do not call Windows for help or tech support!! Your call will be sent to India!! Even though you dialed a USA 800 number! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR $$ - NOT HELP YOU & GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND FOR A REFUND. PS... I found the solution via Command Prompts Online FOR FREE!

My computer upgraded to Windows 10 and after one of its updates my computer is useless (can't even get past startup). Tried to call customer support but that didn't work due to a language barrier. I've tried emailing and using discussion boards but still no help from Microsoft. It looks like many people are having to purchase new computers due to this issue and Microsoft's failure to address it is extremely frustrating. I'm out $1000 (and I still have to buy a new computer tomorrow) but hopefully my review will alert the public about Microsoft's practices.

I normally don't like writing review like this one. But with all the hassle I think Microsoft Corporate needs to make changes with their phone support supporting the Microsoft store. I am appalled that this is happening with such a respected brand like #microsoftstore @microsoftstore. This is the case # if Microsoft wants to get the full details **. Here are the sequence of events that led to this review.

On December 1st 2016 I purchased through the Microsoft store the surface Pro 4 bundle (Your order number: **). A great machine but I needed something with more power and solid since I use it on my lap a lot. I decided that the Surface Book was a better option so I decided to return using the RMA process of shipping it back. I went ahead and purchased the Surface book and shipped back the surface Pro 4.

The return policy on the site says the refund takes 3-5 days after the merchandise is received. The shipped date was December 16th, 2016 and received by Microsoft warehouse on Dec 27th, 20016. Return tracking # **. I called the support number (877-696-7786) on the Microsoft store 8 times since the purchase of December 16th through February 10th when I actually received my refund which is not even complete.

Every time I called they attributed the delay due to their warehouse not confirming the receipt of the item. I asked several time for this to get escalated to their managers and supervisors, I even asked to speak to the other team they were escalating to and they said they could not give me this information. This because very frustrating. On the last call I made on February 8th I asked the supervisor if I can record the call and she hanged up.

Clearly their support centers are somewhere overseas, but no structure of SLA's and no structure of escalations. I even asked that this ticket must be in someone's queue due to the time is still open without resolution. I am a developer and a former Apple customer. I wanted to consolidate my Ipad and Laptop, this is the sole reason I switched to the Surface products. I regret to say that now I have a laptop that I need to live with because this support and refund experience was horrible. I am now with a partial refund and heavy late penalties in interest from my 1,800+ dollars I waited for two months from Microsoft. My wish is that every user that researches before buying from the Microsoft Store (#Microsoft , #microsoftstore @microsoftstore) reads and that Microsoft Corporate takes action and makes changes to their vendor support.

After the automatic Windows 10 download, my Lexmark all-in-one will only scan partial pages. Leaving me to spend money at the local print shop to get my important documents sent out. Frustrating to say the least. I spent an hour with Lexmark only to find out it is a computer problem with windows 10. I guess Microsoft wants everybody to go out and buy a new computer, all-in-one, etc.

Ya know what's stupid? On 1/10/17 Essentials 2012 got discontinued. BUT IT'S QUITE USEFUL FOR ME! I WANT MY MOVIE MAKER. WHY? Well it's easy to make the videos, no watermark and no dumb credit cards! That's the only way I can edit my videos with no sweat. Now it's gone. Stuck with the paid and fully transparent watermark movie makers. I hope you are reading this Microsoft.

I had Windows 7 on my computer. It came on the screen I could upgrade to Windows 10. I did. After 60 days my computer no longer worked. I called for help and was told I need to purchase a key to activate Windows. I would have never upgraded if it was said that the upgrade costs money as my computer was running fine with Windows 7. The computer erased all expensive programs I had on it, including Office and Autocad; not to mention others. A total rip off. I was told Microsoft would not help. Now I am left with a system that will not work and lost programs. I am very displeased and never use a Microsoft product again. I will also to my friends not to.

I have had Office 365 for just over a year. At first it worked great. I built a extensive database with Excels workbook, tons of spreadsheets and one access database. I stopped working on Dec 28th and when I restarted in January all my formulas with links would break. After fixing each one several times I called MS Support. They know nothing. I was put through 8 different callers, only one actually understood my problem despite the fact that I kept telling them "please pass me on to someone who knows Excel and Office 365 cloud..." Then I entered my problem in MS community. Been 2 weeks and no even answer. I had to move all my work to my PC (as I suspected the Cloud is what was breaking the formulas). I have not had any problems with my spreadsheet. However now I also do NOT a BACKUP. There is NO SUPPORT and I cannot access my work on the cloud. Why pay for this?

I bought an Xbox one for my son. I set up his account and password protected it. Microsoft FORCE YOU to enter a credit card. Imagine my surprise when I received an unexpected bill for £48. I contacted them and explained that this cannot happen as the account is password protected. "Oh but yes it can" they explain. "Once you log your son in then he can buy whatever he likes." You what? So the password is basically useless! Furthermore you cannot remove payment info once it is on your account. So I have basically given Microsoft a revolving door into my bank account and they tell me that there is not a damn thing that I can do about it. We will see about that!

My credit card has been stolen through this company several times. This is the third time my credit card was used for charges I did not make. Last time they were trying to charge 600$ for a hotel room in New York and now I've been charged again for 106.99$ for a damn game add-on... I'm sick of these scamming bastards. And guess what? There's nothing they can do. To hell with Microsoft, I hope this company sinks big time. ** Microsoft hard!

I would give Microsoft 0 stars if it were an option. Absolutely HORRIBLE experience, in both product and customer service. My device has malfunctioned to the point of being inoperable TWICE in the last 8 months. That alone is ridiculous--and will hopefully warn you all against buying anything Microsoft ever-- but the real issues get even more ludicrous. Sent the device in for repair and received an email saying a replacement device was being sent within a couple days. 1 month later, the replacement device was never actually sent.

Getting a hold of a live customer service agent is borderline impossible and instead, I've been repeatedly shut down & subsequently hung up on by an automated system that in no way listens to or resolves the actual issues at hand. Have spent hours trying to get a live person on the line, and was finally able to live chat what I think was an actual human being, who assured me she would escalate the issue & have someone contact me. That, of course, never happened and then one week later I spent more hours of my getting another live person on an actual call. Within 2 min of talking with a live agent, I was told their system was down, they were unable to access any customer information and to call back.

Called back a few hours later, spent another 30 min trying to get a live person (and of course, was cut off & hung up on multiple times by the automated teller, who is an absolute junk show) and when finally I got through to a live person, was told it wasn't the right dept they had connected me to and subsequently hung up on me. So after lots of money and time wasted, I still don't have a device, still haven't talked with an actual person and sill have ZERO resolution to my issue. Total ** show. Microsoft -- both products and customer service -- is absolute GARBAGE. I would highly warn anyone who's thinking of purchasing from them to run far, far away. As fast as you can.

I was setting up a transfer account at a bank, and I had to do a validation email. When I clicked on the link in the email which said: "For security purposes, you are required to validate myaddress@outlook.com address before you can schedule transactions," it opened a window to download Boomerang. I assumed Boomerang must be an app the bank wanted me to use, but it had weird permissions, so I cancelled the download and kept trying to figure it out. Finally, I decided to ** to the bank and clicked REPLY. Voila, the link to Boomerang was gone!

I discovered that Boomerang is an app that can be used with Outlook for sorting mail or some such foolery. Microsoft maliciously embedded this link into an email that sought my validation to get me to download this app! The link to the app disappeared when I tried to send the email back to the bank! I am having a hard time formally complaining to Microsoft as they do not seem to have a process for complaints. Beware of these crappy corporate tactics and share the word. I posted on Facebook, and Reddit is next.

Charged me for a computer, never sent the computer, no email receipt as promised, confirmation number I was given is no good as well as employee ID number. Call several times said they have no information for me. Routed me to the Philippines to open a case?? I verified the charge with the bank. Microsoft Corp charged me for the computer. Keep calling, long waits, mutable people to no avail, then they hang up on you. Have to file fraud case bank. I would never buy from Microsoft again. Worst experience of my life.

I need to update the driver for my Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 6000. The mouse is causing my computer to wake when I put it to sleep, I can see this from the log files. I went online to update my driver, sent to a page to get the correct one. The page does not exist, I get an error message of File not found! I need to update the software to save power so I thought I'd contact Microsoft. The page first sent me to Singapore, from the US so put it right and went to the US page. This page sent me to the Canadian site to call the help line.

Once on the phone to Canada from the US despite clear and very concise requests, I need the driver for a Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 6000 64 bit Windows 10 OS I was pushed from department to department. On the 3rd one I was so exasperated I called the poor guy a complete imbecile and then hung up when he pushed onto the 4th department!

I didn't even want or expect technical support, I probably know far more than any of them. I've forgotten more than they have learned, but I did expect a simple answer and the correct URL so I can correct the problem by using the correct driver for my hardware! I want to save power not have it running out of control! It seems Microsoft have stopped using their FTP site so I couldn't even get it using a command prompt ftp session! One of the worst experiences from a help desk ever!

My issue is with Microsoft Office for which I paid for a 12 month subscription. My original call was to sync Office to my 3 devices. After this was done where they logged onto my system remotely and made changes to my system. I received further issues with Outlook not connecting to the Microsoft server and password prompts coming up continually and not accepting my password. I then called back and again got a new person who went on changing numerous setting on my computer and told me issue was fixed. The following day I tried to get in and could not as I had the EXACT same issue they were suppose to have fixed. I called back again and a new person went in and said they fixed. The following day EXACT same issue. I went through this process another 2 times and no one has managed to fix and I have spent around 6 hours in lost time over all of these calls.

While the issues have been open unresolved I have received 3 separate emails from different team leaders saying the request is about to be archived as completed and they value my feedback and to let them know if of my experience. I have responded to every one of these directly and NEVER received a single reply. I have received call from staff at 2.30am, 3.30am and 4.30am and asked for a call at a reasonable time yet never received one back.

I have been to the Microsoft website and lodged a complaint 4 days ago and never received a response. I have had numerous staff and team leaders promise call back and never received them. I have now had to go to fair trading as I have not had access to outlook for 2 weeks and there seems to be NO ONE in Microsoft willing to get back to me and fix this. I have had staff hang up and the list goes on. This is the most appalling example of poor customer service and internal communication I have ever come across. Avoid this company like the plague.

I purchased a Surface 2 in April 2014 with a 2 year warranty. Since that time I experienced infrequent issues with the battery not charging and was given quick solutions by the Corte Madera store to fix it. Then a month ago, the Surface 2 showed "battery not detected" and it could not be charged with any of the temporary fixes. I took it in to the store and they told me the device was irreparable. So every time I disconnect the power supply, the Surface 2 dies on me. It has become a non-mobile device. I notice there are other complaints about this issue. Does Microsoft have any plans to fix this and what about the $600 I paid for a shoddy product? One that doesn't last 3 years because the battery is hardwired and cannot be replaced!?

Microsoft Company Profile