2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5
Based on 1,293 ratings submitted in the last year

Unsubscribe at any time.

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I bought Bose Soundsport free a month or two ago. The device couldn't fit my ears properly and every time I used, my ears pained. I was very worried I wouldn't get any refund. The customer supervisor, Gabbi G, happily assisted and refunded the item with no questions asked. Excellent customer service and will continue to support Microsoft.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Windows Security works just fine for me. I've seen no need to use a different product. All the research that I've done over the years validates my decision. At one time or another in the past, I have used a variety of other applications. They all did the job reasonably well.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Does the job of protecting my laptop against viruses. Windows Defender has a good set of options for security, from antivirus scans and ransomware all the way down to parental controls. The only caveat is that Windows Defender is highly cloud dependent for malware detection and probably isn’t up to the job if your PC spends a good amount of time disconnected from the internet.

Original review: March 23, 2020

It's a good antivirus that will not bog down your computer. If you suspect an infection by really bad or nasty virus then I would just run a Trend Micro Scan and Bit Defender Scan. Though those other products may be a little better they tax your system's resources that I deem unacceptable for daily use.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I used many different anti-virus programs over the years. Some were free. Some were not. Some were very complicated and others simpler. Some slowed down the computer(s) I was using. Now I use a VPN and I keep my Windows updated. I schedule scans regularly. I avoid many websites. I shop online carefully. I used heavily encrypted passwords for everything. I scan for malware weekly at least. Windows Defender has been very good so far.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I purchased a Surface Laptop 3 earlier this year. Randomly the screen cracked and the computer makes a crunching sound when you close it. The customer service has been a complete joke. I first reached out to chat who promised this would be covered due to a design flaw and I just needed to send it in. After sending in the device, it was quickly denied and they stated that the damage wasn't consistent with a hairline crack and sent it back. I was THEN asked to take photos to be denied again. I could pay $600 for a replacement (kicker: a refurbished device because the screen can't actually be fixed). I denied me having to pay for this since I am still making payments through Best Buy.

Today, I am still dealing with customer service. I've been connected with Aaron in escalations who is not doing much to help me either. It has been weeks with no solution. He has agreed that my computer has hairline cracks. The issue remaining is Microsoft will replace devices with 1 hairline crack, not a screen damaged by hairline cracks. Even when there is no other damage to the laptop and no impact point. They said I may be able to fix it (get refurbished device) for a discounted fee, but it's been a week since I was told that and no one has reached back out to me. I have contacted the BBB, Consumer Affairs, and the FTC with hardly any correspondence from Microsoft. Save your money and buy an Apple product instead. Microsoft will do everything in their power to no acknowledge their design flaw and do nothing to help you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I purchased a year long subscription and three months before it was set to expire Microsoft cancelled my membership. I called and asked why I was unable to play online and they said it was because I had purchased a different service on my Microsoft account. I cannot believe that I was punished for purchasing MORE services. I've been a customer for over 10 years, but after my experience with Microsoft I have decided to sell my Xbox and bring my money elsewhere. I highly recommend NOT purchasing an Xbox or Xbox Live. Sincerely, a very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

You would think a large company like Microsoft would actually have enough billions to pay for good support people. But just trying to get a subscription stopped, or a simple verification for my login changed would be easier than using Uber, but it's not. I've been hung up on, by a guy who was clearly waiting for his break or ready to leave after his shift. The support page is a bot on chat, no response without login, which is what I need support for??? What a garbage company!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Updated on 08/15/2020: I am very concerned about Microsoft's transparency to their clients and the general public. This is my second review if you read my first review on how I am unable to access my office subscription. It's day 4 and I am unable to work because I still cannot access my subscription to Office. A supervisor tried to call me back 4 times and every time she was disconnected from my call and the connection was so bad that I could barely hear her.

After I called the Customer Service Team back they told me that the reason the connection was so bad is because they are all calling from their homes and they try to conference in a supervisor from their home and the connection is not that strong in India. At one point prior to that I asked a customer service agent where they were located because the connection was so bad and they got angry and said they were in Arizona. I wondered if that was really true because of the connection was so bad and I realized that they all had an Indian accent...and I say that because whenever I call a customer service in another country I love talking to them about their country.

It's not that I'm being disrespectful, I truly wonder about their transparency and why they would lie to me, it was obvious that microsoft customer service agents were told to lie to me... WOW all this trouble just because I renewed my subscription!!! In reading all other reviews, I noticed that they are very happy with Microsoft's antivirus and that's great but this is not what I purchased. And microsoft is the only company that has the market on Office so every household in the world that has a computer has to use it...Shame on Gates!!

Original Review: The worst experience ever! I had renewed my subscription to Microsoft Office and when I went to access it, I had major issues. It asked me for a two step verification and it sent me the code via text but when it asked me for the email verification code I could not get it because I could not receive the email, it wasn't sending me an email....

So, I called support and even the support team after getting control of my laptop tried several times to send me the email and finally it said I tried verification too many times and I would have to wait until the next day to access it. So, I tried the day after and the same thing happened and not one support team member could hep me. Right now I'm waiting on the phone for a supervisor and the connection is bad, I can't hear the Supervisor.

I have not been able to work for three days because I can't access word on my laptop. It's very frustrating..And THEY have an attitude!! So after explaining my situation to a supervisor they disconnected me..They called back and the connection was so bad they tried calling me back 4 times and every time the connection was so bad I couldn't understand them. WORST EVER CUSTOMER SERVICE..AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE!!! Wasted 69.99. If there were any other option I would definitely NOT Use them EVER!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

The battery life on my Surface computer is one hour or less from fully charged to when it pops off. Also, no way to repair cracked glass. They make you buy a whole new computer. I would never buy this computer again.

Microsoft Company Information