3.9/5 (1756 ratings)

About Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: May 21, 2022

I purchased credit for my 11 year old daughter on her Microsoft account. However we were unable to use the credit on her account. I contacted Microsoft and spent over 1 ½ hours on the chat… Eventually spoke to the manager…. but was informed that Microsoft will not refund the money. There is no honesty in this company… No caring for their customers… No sense of ‘doing the right thing’. Even the support person knew and agreed that what I was requesting was a very reasonable request for a refund under the circumstances. The money was sitting in my daughter’s Microsoft account… not being used. But they said that Microsoft policy was not to refund the money.

Please listen to the overwhelming number of reviews. Go to Apple where you will be treated with care and respect. Where if a user makes a mistake… and changes their mind about an order… the money is promptly refunded. Microsoft just point blank refuse to refund the money… which is a very short termed and close minded way of dealing with customers.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Tried to rent a movie on my Xbox and got an error message stating that the transaction didn't complete and to try again later, so I rented it from Amazon Prime. A bit later, I got an email from my bank stating that the Microsoft charge actually did process. I sent a refund request to Microsoft with a detailed message about what happened, but they refused, citing that their Terms of Service does not allow refunds for movie rentals. But if their system told me that there was an error and that I wasn't charged, but Microsoft actually takes the money and refuses to give it back, constitutes theft IMHO. I called my bank to dispute the charge and they didn't even need to investigate it. They gave me my money back immediately.

The thing that sucks about that is that Microsoft gets to keep the money anyway, because when you win a dispute through a bank, the bank actually eats the cost because they don't actually take the money back from the merchant. I'm still going to pursue other remedies (like this review) to make sure people are made aware that this happens, because until we start holding corporations accountable for their theft of our money, they'll keep getting away with it! So do not be satisfied with just a charge back from your bank! EVER! Always do what you can to let as many people know about what the corporation that stole your hard earned money as you can or they'll just keep doing it!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2022

This is going to be a long post. I have a Microsoft Surface Book which cost about 3k when purchased. So as you can see it's not the cheapest you can get. It is an I7 and the best at the time. There was an update in April 2020 that ruined my experience with Microsoft. When that update occurred, I realized my network adapter was nowhere to be found. Now when that update happened it was 2 months after my warranty expired (of course) and when I called tech support I was told that. They did try to fix my computer using many techniques.

The last one being a usb update which didn't help either. I went online and read multiple users experiencing the same issue as myself. If you see soooooo many people complaining about the same thing that is no longer a user error but a manufacturing issue along with the update. I have not found one person say that calling Microsoft has solved their issue. In order for me to fix the network adapter they said I would need to pay $599 plus tax to get a new computer as there isn't a way to just fix the adapter. How convenient is that for them? Needless to say that laptop sat for over a year as a "paperweight".

Fast forward a year and a half and I was able to use my laptop by buying a usb adapter for the wifi. It wasn't the most ideal fix since when I detached the top I lost all wifi but it was a fix nonetheless. This was working for the most part until a couple of months ago when I decided to call Microsoft technical support again hoping they found a fix now. I spoke to someone in another country as I always do for them, and the rep went through all the same steps I did two years ago with no fix.

The only thing this time that was done different was she logged in to my computer remotely and worked on it that way. So as you can see my computer was still operational since she was able to log on, but what happened after destroyed what little I had of it. There was an update she did and once that happened I was unable to turn on my computer at all. I called customer support, talked to manager and everyone said it was my fault because letting someone from their tech support work on my computer was at my discretion and even if they broke it, there was nothing they could do. WOW! Simply WOW MICROSOFT. A multibillion-dollar corporation treating me as a piece of... Telling me to go buy a new one or pay the 600 to get a replacement.

Since I received no help I decided to go to my lawyer who drafted a nice email explaining the situation and to help with something that their own tech support in who knows what country broke. I then get an email in response to this saying they can't help. I asked why they aren't communicating with my lawyer, but never get an answer to that. Just the same answer saying, "WE WILL NOT HELP YOU!" When I spoke to my lawyer about this, he said the reason I am getting this is because they sent it to a normal customer service rep that follows the same guidelines and answers everyone else has.

Microsoft, you have lost me as a customer and everyone I speak to will hear what I have to say, I have the proof in all the emails you sent me and my damaged 3K laptop that I never got to use! I feel unappreciated and definitely taken advantage of. I will also post this on every forum and every social media so no one goes through what a lot of people have gone through by reading reviews!

Here is a snippet of the last email they sent me. **

Basically, this says it could have been an update (which how is that my fault?), a piece of software installed (which there wasn't, it was the same way it came from factory) and that I have to use this at my own risk. It also says sometimes extensions are given but not for years..... Well I called 2 months after my warranty expired but somehow they have no record of that lol. How convenient! BEWARE EVERYONE!

Original review: March 18, 2022

My father passed away almost two years ago but Microsoft will not cancel his automatic renewal for Microsoft 365, let alone reimburse my mother for two years worth of fees even though the computer was wiped clean and given to charity. Customer service has been contacted seven time. Shame on Microsoft for stressing out an elderly grieving widow with this issue. No other company has done this as we've gone through the process of sorting out my father's affairs.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I bought this device and it's been nothing but an issue and I'm not able to do anything I intended to do with it. It's incredibly slow with literally one added app onto the device. Even with a side by side comparison to my laptop.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

When Microsoft will stop ruining the customer's property? I had updates that came on my computer this morning, and it ruined my computer. It is the second computer damaged with Microsoft updates. Microsoft updates have to be turned off if you would like to keep your computer in working condition. The customer service does not provide any proper support like always. The computer does not boot even with the USB. Can just go and buy another one, thank Microsoft updates. I hope they have enough liability insurance to pay back for the customer property they ruined.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The ads have become so long...even in a foreign language to me. The other player can keep playing, beyond the timed point where one automatically loses. Regardless of my experience, with the ads, it doesn't seem to matter. I will not play on this site again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Do not pay Microsoft to store your data, they deleted all my files because they said the account was inactive and my storage was full. I paid for 1 terabyte of data and didn’t even have close to a terabyte of data stored. I was paying them an annual fee to store my data. How does that inactivate my account? When you pay for an annual fee to store data you assume that means your account is active. Well with Microsoft don’t assume any data you have stored is safe. My most valuable information was stored, Don’t ever trust Microsoft. They are incompetent, untrustworthy crooks. If you are going to wipe out someone’s files how about you mail them a letter first. Did they do this? Nope. I’m switching to Apple products. I’m done.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

They are thieves. I have tried to cancel this subscription for over two years. They give me the run around. They always hang up on you! They have taken out over $600 out of my account and they will not stop. They clearly see that this account has not be used or signed into.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I purchased a new Surface Pro and Microsoft 365 Personal at the same time. When I received the Surface Pro it had Microsoft 365 Family loaded on it. At 1 month, I noticed that they sent a statement saying that Microsoft 365 was going to be charged again. It was at that time that I realized they had 2 different subscriptions tied to the account. So, I called and asked if I could just cancel the one I had not been using. They said that even though I had not activated the 2nd subscription it has been 30 days, so they would be unable to refund the cost of the unused subscription. And even to get to this answer was difficult. I first called and was told to call back because their system was down.

The 2nd person disconnected me trying to transfer. The 3rd time the individual said they could see all the information on her screen and was getting me to the right department. Again disconnected. Called back again, this person said they could not find the information on their screen. Was transferred 2 more times and the last person told me what I said above that I would just have to pay for both subscriptions this year. This was a disappointing interaction and poor customer service. The few times I have had to interact with Apple, they always worked to make thing right with little difficulty. Although in this world we may be forced to use Microsoft products, I would encourage everyone to use them only when necessary and turn to Apple or others whenever possible.

Microsoft Company Information