4.0/5 (2670 ratings)

About Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I bought the Surface Book 3 on 29/11/2021. But the item was not delivered within 5-6 business days. Hence I contacted the support team and they advised the item will be dispatched after a month on 29/12/2021. On 29/12/2021 I received a tracking no with a expected delivery date 30/12/2021. But when I enquired the status of the delivery on 30/12/2021, I was informed by the Microsoft support team, that the item not yet handed over to DHL express and delivery could be any time after 2/01/2022. Hence for all the delay and hassle made me really disappointed with the poor service Microsoft offered. Expect to say sorry, there are no other apologies offered. I will never buy anything from Microsoft store again unless some accountability is taken and improve the service in future.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 8 online at the surface store. I have had issues with the product from the start. Yesterday the onscreen keyboard would not appear. I called customer support and requested a call back, it came and then I had to wait on hold for over 9 minutes for someone to talk to. After going back and forth for a few minutes I was told to hold on again as he was checking something-I was disconnected. I called back, received another call back, this time I waited over 12 minutes. I told him that I was dissatisfied and wanted to return everything. He transferred me to sales, I spoke for a few minutes with someone and again was disconnected. You can't make this crap up.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

On November 6, 2021, I decided to try Microsoft 365 Family free 30-day trial promotion. The promotion required a credit card, without promise to pay unless you decide to move forward with the service. I used my Debit Card for the sign up. The service was defective including having the ability to hack into my computer and block me complete access without Microsoft allowing me that permission. This was not included in the promotional plan information. I cancelled on December 5, 2021, and on December 6, 2021, Microsoft fraudulently charged my debit card $99.99. I tried contacting Microsoft at 1-800-426-9400, 1800-642-7676, and 425-882-8080. I was unable to speak with a live person. On each number I found a pre-recorded message referring me to help.microsoft.com.

I went to this website and tried to cancel online, after I checked the cancel your subscription, I received this message, "WE CAN'T CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION". I have tried multiple times to reach a live person to assist me at Microsoft. It doesn't exist, the phone numbers are all bogus and this is a scam to trick consumers into defective and unwanted service traps for profit. I want a full refund and this company sanction accordingly.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I just bought the phone and the deal was if I don't like the phone up to 3 months I can return that. It has been 3 weeks. Good luck to find the return on the "Order detail", cheap items the return link is there but the phone no return option. On their site, Any link you click send you back to where you were, or it says "bad request", which it shows on their ideas of service, "Closed loop". You can find no one, the phone doesn't work properly, the software on the phone conflict with each other and there is absolutely no service whatsoever. This is a software company and this is what they give us? Bad business, all I can say. Stay away purchasing on their site, or prepare to lose your money.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I contacted your company through a webchat and the person from your end asked my permission as an assisted team to help me out. After I gave this person permission, this person didn't know how to do his/her job and accidentally deleted some information from my phone which was connected to my computer to help me out to send that information into the SD into my phone. After this person did this, he/she panicked, left a 5* review from his/her end and closed all of the chats, screens and restart my computer and I couldn't reach this person, I tried to phone Microsoft, there is no reliable phone number to talk to a live person, I need to make a complaint against your employee, I feet betrayed by Microsoft and I can't trust Microsoft anymore.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

The Surface Laptop Studio delivers BROKEN. Out of the box, the operating system causes blue screens of death and total loss of data every ~2 minutes. When I tried to exchange the broken product for a fixed one, I was told to simply place a new order and receive a refund on the first order to get the replacement product in 2-3 days. I did this, and was then told (AFTER I paid ANOTHER $3000+) that my replacement wouldn't deliver for another four weeks--even though the broken one delivered in 2 days, and I was expressly told that the replacement would deliver in 2-3 days.

When I called customer service, they told me that their warehouse is only full of broken, already-returned devices, and that they don't have any functioning devices to ship. Note that this product was only released less than 2 weeks ago, so I assume my experience is not unique. When I said that answer was unsatisfactory given what I had been told by the previous customer service representative, I was told that the person I was speaking with *didn't have a supervisor* and that *no one else* worked in the customer service department of the entire Microsoft Corporation.

I've canceled both orders now to have my entire ~$7000 refunded. I will update this review if I'm given any more trouble on getting my money back. I won't be purchasing a Microsoft product ever again. While I've been a lifelong customer so far, resisting the allure of the (much cheaper) Apple products, I will now be making a total switch. I'm not giving up $3000 on products that come off the assembly line broken and "2-3 day" delivery periods that somehow translate to 4 weeks in reality. If you read this review, I implore you not to purchase the Surface Laptop Studio or any Microsoft product unless you want to endure a similarly miserable experience and 2 weeks of no laptop computer.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I ordered surface laptop 4 in August and despite reaching multiple times asking them for some information about its status. I STILL DON'T HAVE MY LAPTOP. I didn't expect this from Microsoft. I wanted this laptop for my school and I still have no clue about its delivery or any whereabouts. The estimated delivery is by tomorrow but this is the last time I am reaching out to help and yet again they ask me to wait. Please don't buy ever from here. I was trying to switch from Apple to Microsoft but I regret my decision already after such a poor response.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I recommend staying away from Microsoft. The company operates on some outdated models, where you have only 30 days to cancel your subscription! It's cloud-based software, for every service out there you have the right to cancel at any time and get your refund, yet Microsoft is shady **. Stay away from them, there are better free software out there that do the same job if not better. Never again will I do business with this ** company!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Can we sue Microsoft if someone hacks our account, then uses it to gain access to other accounts we have because their ** automated system won't let us back in and they don't offer customer support or customers service? I'm definitely placing a call to the Better Business Bureau, this is **.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have found charges that date back over a year from Microsoft month after month and when I try to contact someone about it they said they would have someone from the main office call. They never did and now when I try to get a live person it won't let me so I have to close my card down and everything to stop payments but what about my money they took for services I never used?

Microsoft Company Information