Microsoft

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a Surface Pro. 5 business day shipping. 10 businesses days passed no shipment information. Customer service keeps telling me tomorrow. That tomorrow never arrives! I can not even cancel order! I have to receive the Surface Pro and return it to cancel the order. They cannot even sell their product. What a joke.

Windows 10 is the type of update that changes long standing Microsoft people into Mac users. After a forced update my once perfect laptop has been in a toggling war between bouts of refusing to perform and simply crashing. This circular demise does not even allow for one to get into their computer and figure out what is going on because Microsoft 10 update apparently has a long standing feud with (Nvidia graphics driver). The most annoying part of this struggle is the more than lackluster customer service.

At times, you as the customer are required to perform linguistical surgery to be understood and to be on the same page, while also dodging added sales pitches. What is even more maniacal, is the automatic update that only insinuates a more conglomerate crack down on ** software updates forcing users to either buy a new laptop or simply picking up a typewriter. As I was told via Microsoft customer support "lots of people are having this issue" I suggest Microsoft fix technologically crippling bugs before forcing updates that do nothing but make their product obsolete.

I'm disappointed. I was never really a Microsoft fan but I figured since I need one laptop to carry around, show presentations - why not Microsoft, acceptable price and quality, even though my true love has been always Apple. My bday 20th of March and my bf was kind enough to get me one Microsoft laptop. Two days later I decided to set up the account etc - oh well - rocket science, back and forth language this that, probably took me like 2 hours. Also I had two 'digit /code cards' - BullGuard and Microsoft, I obv never used the BullGuard since it's internet security or God knows what so I started with the Microsoft.

It took me some time, the account password, enter the digits, email etc well I managed, seemed to be fine and was working fine for few months. Till one day - preparing for updates, installing updates, undoing updates on DAILY BASIS!!! You can imagine how pleasant it was to work with such laptop. I obv got annoyed, bday present but still I need to get some work done, waiting on the Microsoft undoing the updates back and forth was not my goal.

I personally love quality and I never believed in quantity. Sooo - I obv was up to a point hey, wasted money, not cool. I contacted the Microsoft live chat, the agent was polite connected to my laptop this and that so I explained that I cannot use the word it was saying, the account wasn't active etc. so he did what he could - polite and nice agent, and then he goes to me "hey do you have a receipt or that digit card" - I'm like "No I don't, why would I keep such things since it's technology and you can pretty much trace everything these days..." I obv said the true it was a present and I threw out the code card and the box and I never had the receipt since it was a present.

At the end, he offered me one free month trial - even though the card supposed to last for 1 year. I refused - my answer sounded more like - "I'm not here to beg. I obv have an issue with your product and why would I waste my time and your time by looking up how to fix this thing called laptop." It never recognized a single email address I signed up with in a first place, my only thought was - I used it for few months and they are saying they cannot find it - so how on earth your system is working if you can't trace your sold products? I found some blogs online reg the issue I have, so many out there like me so many. It's the Principle - I contact you guys and you saying that you cannot find any info that I'm holding your laptop or that I used Microsoft, then why all the 'create the account' fuss and I should pay just because there is no info about it.

My computer recently did the Auto update for Windows 10. The Update cause my computer to continually reboot, freeze, Reboot, & repeat. I contacted Microsoft on 7/31/17, about this issue. After, now five days, of the tech support trying to fix my problem (walking us thru uninstalls, reinstalls of the IOS, the tech remotely accessing My comp to fix it, on 2 separate days) the Comp still isn't fixed.

Last night, I called back to speak to a supervisor; (see YouTube link: https://youtu.be/XAPVaE019Kc ). I am highly disappointed and appalled at the treatment I have received, especially when the floor supervisor called me rude, & started yelling at me. I am the customer, who has spent 5 days trying to get their computer fixed due to an update that the operating system company caused. I just want this issue resolved. I'm an Active Duty (enlisted) Military Spouse, that runs an art based business from home with my comp. This has lost me income for my family.

Microsoft wrote a buggy protocol that is difficult to get working correctly in Linux. Basically they broke Android. When UMS (USB Mass Storage) was on Android, I really didn't care if apps couldn't access files. I was not using the apps... So why should I care? Enter MTP. A poorly written piece of software by... Surprise! MICROSOFT! When Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) came around, UMS was missing, instead MTP was the only option, or PTP (camera). It was supposed to be "plug n play" but only if you were using Windows. And even if you were transferring anything but Windows Media files, Windows will idiot-proof you into not transferring the file unless you tell it to. Every. Single. Time.

The Android can play MP3s, Ogg Vorbis, and anything else. Including WMA/WMV. (As long as they weren't encumbered with DRM.) And new files? Forget it. Won't show up until you reboot your phone. What is this? Windows Phone? Android is based upon Linux. Linux doesn't require rebooting.

And it's still a pain to get it working in Linux. Even in latest Linux distros. Microsoft, I'm pointing the blame at YOU. Not Google.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Microsoft?

After Microsoft ran one of its updates, my PC was horribly affected. It lost its signal strength, it was re-formatted, and other things were changed without my consent. I called Microsoft to see if they could help me. They told me they would help me reverse the update. I have a custom made PC and told them the type of computer I had. The Filipino customer service agent started to complain about how little he was being paid and how much he hated working there. Then, without my permission, he put my computer on reset (not reformat) and told me he would call me back to help me get things going. I never heard back from him. I called Microsoft back to follow up on it. He never even gave me a case number - obviously didn't want me to let people know what he had done.

After several calls and discussions I know that his name is Julian and I have the case number. He destroyed my PC. The manager told me that the level 2 techs and his supervisor would call me the next day. Never heard from either department - still haven't. Very professional - destroy a computer, promise a call to help, then never call back. Avoid this company AT ALL COSTS!!! They ruined a brand new computer and don't care at all. They will NEVER care about us - only about our $$$. Don't buy a brand name computer with Microsoft products. If you are, go with a small company that will support you in times of crisis. The company that I bought the computer from is located in Nebraska and all of the employees are residents of Nebraska. They will repair it for free because it is under warranty. DO NOT BUY A CORPORATE COMPUTER!!! MICROSOFT IS A CROOK!!!

DON'T BUY. As an Owner of the firm I was told they could not help me with my problem unless they spoke to an Administrator (who was in the hospital). When told of the situation they still said they needed to talk to them... AWFUL AWFUL service. They spent 45 minutes informing me of their security protocol. Just send them the monthly fee. Need a zero star category...

Microsoft & Dell admitted to me that Windows 10 Update corrupted my hard drive and the motherboard of my new 6 month old desktop computer. I have been dealing with Premium Support at Dell for 6 weeks and now waiting for approval to replace the entire tower system with a new one. Dell spent 4 weeks, countless attempts to manually correct the issue by logging in remotely. Microsoft tech logged on remotely to two of my computers to upload new drivers, and both systems crashed. Microsoft even sent a flash drive with the drivers and still it crashed. Two techs have come to my home with new hard drives and a new motherboard, and the computer will not start up.

This is totally unacceptable! If this were a hack, it would have been resolved immediately. Is it possible this is collusion between Microsoft, Dell and many of the repair techs in that they all are making money in new computers having to be purchased by end users unaware of this, manufacturer of hard drives, and all the repair tech companies. I am looking to join a class action lawsuit or start one. I have lost up to $4000 trying to get this resolved in my inability to work and use my computers for school. I am still without a computer. Both of mine crashed completely. Help! Get me off this crazy train.

I was forced to create a Gmail account in order to access various services such as Microsoft Office. I created the account about five years ago, and use it only when I am forced to (in order to sign into something else.) Each time I have used that email address ONLY ONCE, I was forced to change my password yet again the next time, because EACH AND EVERY time I use the one I created the previous time, I was told that ONCE AGAIN, it was WRONG, even though I'd recorded it meticulously in my password book, AGAIN.

In five years I have never been able to find assistance of any kind of assistance through the supposed "chat" link, or any other technological means, (and over the phone? Don't be silly!) That dead link only took me right back to a place to change my password, yet again! Once again, you guessed it! I would change it, but could use it only ONCE! (Completing the Office activation procedure, I must be able to access it twice in a row!)

After three hours of trying to look up how to get help, calling people, clicking links, changing my password again and again, I had to give up attempting to sign into the useless $100 Microsoft Office 365 program I wasted my money on. Now, my speech is three hours late being written, and I failed to meet my client's last-minute deadline. Many of the speeches are last minute - it's the nature of the business. This is the first time I've failed to meet it, and I failed because Microsoft is one tremendous TEN THUMBS DOWN, FAIL!!! Product quality = MASSIVE FAIL! Customer Service = PATHETIC FAIL!

I simply must imagine that Microsoft is run by a bunch of greedy people who tinker with our technology, and mess up our lives by requiring we use their sub-standard products, but make themselves decidedly unavailable to customers, so I've decided to take a pen to paper, since I can't use Word, and send several letters to several people to see if there is really anyone out there! I'll follow up with some owls. Also, I find it hilarious and ironic that I have to constantly prove I'm not a fat, old robot sitting here begging for help and TRYING, fruitlessly to use my services, when I have become completely convinced that the Microsoft execs are probably on some tropical island somewhere, having left their entire business to be run a bunch of "trusty" robots!

I attempted to use my Office 365 on July 17, 2017. I was unable to access Word or any other 365 application. I have spent numerous hours on the phone with Microsoft Support to no avail. My Office 365 still does not work. I'm furious with technical support. It's apparent that no one seems familiar with Office 365 being used on an iPad. I was switched to numerous tech supporters; not one could resolve the problem with this applications inability to run.

I bought Microsoft DVD player online. It didn't work properly (every time I paused a DVD, I had to re-start it.) Kristina-Mae, Rieshelle, Patrick ** and Anne all tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, without success, so I asked for a Level 2 technician. Anne scheduled a call-back for me. That never happened. So I called again today and spoke to Philip, who took control of my computer remotely and promised to call back after Windows 10 was reinstalled. That callback never happened either. And now I can't even log in to my computer because Philip created a test account that blocks my own account. Since then I've spoken to Sushmita, Eshaam (Level 2), Diego, Rajiv and John. All useless. None of them could resolve the problem, and every time I get connected to Level 2 the line goes dead. Time for an Apple, I think.

Windows 10. A test update wiped my computer clean of all programs it seems. My computer was working perfectly before the update. I got a message that the update was scheduled to start later. As I was done for the day I chose to start update and went to bed. Next morning my computer was useless. I contacted support. They could not get into my computer so they had me try several things. Nothing worked. Support had me do a restore and said they would call me 3:30 pm the next day. The restore did not work.

I did not get a call by 4 pm the next day. I called support again. They said the number I provided did not work. I beg to differ. I provided the number to their support website and they called me back. So they had the correct number. They did hang up on me twice before I got through to someone. I was also told that they sent me emails. I haven't received any emails. They said they were having problems with their system and that's probably why I haven't received any but I should reply to emails. That is really stupid. Now they want me to wait 3 hours to call them back to get to level 2 support.

Getting through to support is a nightmare. The system hangs up. Sound quality is terrible. I asked why they could not call me. They said technical problems prevent them from doing that, this is Microsoft. They can't get a phone system that works? I still have not received an email to verify the next phone call. My computer has been wiped for 3 days. Microsoft said they would protect my computer from online virus. They have done that. It is protected from anyone using it. I am happy I decided not to trust Windows 10 with my small photography business. I would be in a world of hurts if I did that.

Worst customer service, do not purchase Office 365!!! Do not purchase. All these people from India they do not understand English, they talk over you, they do not respect you, they do not know what they are doing, they do not fix anything, they do not listen, they promise to help and do not, they keep you on the phone all day, they remotely take over your computer and change things that do not have to do with Office 365, they changed my computer settings and even the font is awful. I have had 7 calls in 2 days for over 12 hours.

Been having major computer issues since June 1, 2017 due to Office 365 upgrade. Support tied up my computer for 10 hours over two days trying to fix issue. Once it was restored there are still a lot of bugs and missing data, such as new customer entered into contacts since 2/17. Called support again on 6/22/17 or so. This tech mentioned there was an update on June 1st. Root of the problem mystery solved. Another tech called me on Monday to see if my issues were resolved which they are not. He said about 2,000,000 people were complaining about the bugs with this update and it would be fixed on 6/27/17 by a new update release. No update released.

Another tech called today 1/28/17 and told me the June 1st 2017 update was a BETA update. I did not volunteer to Beta Test the June 1st Office 365 Update that has cost me about hours of time, unbelievable frustration, lost business and money to have my tech try to fix it plus business lost when the program would not function. I feel I own my computer, I pay for these programs but that does not make me a Microsoft guinea pig. My IT tech spent a couple of hours trying to correct problems on 6/27/17, another expense for me. He checked his Office 365 and does not have the bugs I have verifying that my problems are due to an unauthorized beta test. My computer is a Lenovo Yoga 910. When does the right to torture your customers end Microsoft. My next computer will be an Apple.

I've been a loyal and happy Microsoft customer for decades. I've encouraged others to utilize Microsoft over other professional and student word processing programs. I've been satisfied and happy despite the continued upgrades and changes to things that work fine and fewer and fewer humans to address customer service concerns. However, this ridiculous forced "renewal" of my "subscription" is ludicrous. I've had the same software suite for years and have NEVER purchased Office365 nor have I wanted to. And now I'm required to "renew" a subscription I've never purchased in the first place in order to continue to use the the software I purchased at full retail.

What's next? Buy a car and renew your owner "subscription" annually or your car won't start? Or it will start, but you can't place it in any gear other than Park. This is ridiculous, and unfortunately I have no choice than to "RENEW" my subscription bc I have things to do, so I can't be without the dang program. Please let me find a new company where I can purchase software and use the same version for as long as I, THE CUSTOMER, wants! Congress really doesn't care at all about what companies do to US consumers.

Trying to accomplish a task on Excel today, and the message that my subscription expires on July 22nd comes up for sharing and basically everything that I try to do. It is only June, but they have taken the functions away a month early. What gives? I guess I will be using another program, because I don't buy green bananas anymore. Even going back to paper and rulers and a calculator would be better, because those tools never screwed me over.

I buy a laptop from Microsoft Online Store on November 28th 2016. I refused delivery on November 30th 2016. I did not get money back from Microsoft. I never expect this type of service from such a BIG COMPANY. I am planning to sue on Microsoft because I am fed up from contacting to Microsoft. I called 20 to 30 times for such a small amount like $440.91.

Office 365 ruined my PC. I tried to open a Word document yesterday evening and a dialog box popped up from Office 365 saying that I needed to repair my program. I follow the instructions and it said that is repaired my program and everything was fine. That was a biggest lie of many lies I've been told by Microsoft over the years. My laptop, a wonderful Lenovo Flex 3, slowed to a crawl and eventually became totally unresponsive. Now I am faced with hundreds of dollars of repair or probably the necessity to spend $500 and purchase a new laptop because of the ignorance and arrogance of this company. We are all forced to use the inferior Microsoft Office and the Microsoft operating system. It is nothing less than indentured servitude and should be illegal. Curse you Microsoft. I curse you.

I regret that I ever paid for the 365 account. I wish I had never done it. A couple months after I renewed my account there was an update to Windows 10. I read reviews and heard people complaining about the equations tool in word. I use this a ton. So I did not do the update. Then a couple more months went by and as I was working on a word document that was about 90% equations, all the sudden my screen went weird and then my Word program looked different and the equations tool would not work any more. I called customer service and spent over an hour on the phone with them, found out they did a forced update, and demanded the old version back on my computer. It took a while but I got them to switch it back to the old version. This worked for maybe one month. Then my word program went back to the new crappy version.

I called customer service back and this time they said they would not switch me back to my old version because they no longer support that version. I said well I bought the window 7 version and I have the product key and I want that back on my computer and I want to cancel this 365 account since so far I have just thrown my $ away on it. They told me my product key no longer worked because it is now outdated but I could buy a new product key for $100. I read a review that they did this to someone else. I told them they needed to give me a refund. I was only 4 months into a year paid account and so far all I got was my program messed up and lost months of work I did. They said they would give me a refund but I still have yet to get that.

After reading reviews of Microsoft I seriously want to file a class action suit against them. Their business practices are so dishonest and illegal. I'm not happy at all with Microsoft right now. They caused me so much stress and lost of months of work I did. And now Google Doc equation tool super sucks too! What the hell! Are there serious math haters out there that have infiltrated and are destroying all the math tools engineers, scientist, accountants, and anyone that needs to write up a math equation use?

Microsoft Office 13 on Windows7 OS - I was upgraded on Thursday and I have been having headaches since due to the visual graphics. The colors are so glaring and there isn't a feature to improve the contract. It hurts my eyes - This is worse than Microsoft "Vista". The office suite does not provide the black color scheme on dark gray which is not dark at all - More silver. Basically I can't stand to use it.

I have spent literally hours being bounced back and forth between different call center technicians, and when I wasn't hung up on, I was having to explain to them how the product they are supposed to be supporting works. Really??? Doesn't bode well for the rest of the experience, does it? And another thing Microsoft. Is there a call center that is not located in ** India or halfway around the world? Every technician I spoke to I couldn't even ** understand because of their ** Indian accent, and they are about as PC knowledgeable as a flying turd with down syndrome and don't know a god damn thing about what they are talking about, which just pisses me off even more on top of everything else.

This is why issues go unresolved with Microsoft products: all of the ** one has to go through just to report it is soo tedious and infuriating that I almost think a bullet to the brain would be more pleasant. If poor customer support were a sin, Microsoft, I would personally boot your fat ass into the deepest, darkest, most painful pit hell would have to offer. One of the worst customer experiences in my life and would personally love to jam forks into the eyes of the Microsoft employee who handles Customer relations, as he apparently either a) doesn't exist or b) gets paid to do ** all.

I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 OS (if I wanted to use my laptop as more than just a notepad) so I bought the download from Microsoft. I tried to download the new OS but because my laptop is older the download failed. A pleasant bonus is the virus that is now on my laptop. Customer support tells me that their server is virus free but if I had just cleaned my pc of viruses at a store in preparation of upgrading my OS and that was my only next step... Why is there a virus on my pc from their perfect server? Of course Microsoft can't help me - I will have to pay to fix their mistake. Great. Pay to get a virus and then pay to get it taken off - it's the perfect scheme.

Bought the Windows 7 years ago. I tried to use it on a computer in my hobby building and the key won't activate. I used it in the past but that computer is long gone. I am fed up with Microsoft and will use Linux as I do on my Laptop.

Needed to reinstall the OS on my laptop. Thought I'd be fine just using the Windows OS disc that came with my computer because that's why they send you the disc with the computer. Got a popup message saying the product key wasn't valid, and my copy of Windows wasn't genuine. Called tech support, who GRACIOUSLY offered for a MERE $100 to get me a valid key for the disc I had already bought. Disgusting. This is why people have Macs.

My experience with Microsoft Customer Support and the two applications Outlook email and their newly acquired Skype linking rules have been the most surreal, depressing, and revolting customer experiences I have ever had with any digital product and that is saying something in an era where consumers are well-prepared for helpline nebulae and impersonal treatment by behemoth companies. On April 4th I created an Outlook email account for myself, because I remembered from a previous foray into Outlook some years ago that the application had an easy folder making system.

It was a bout of organizing that took me to Outlook. But I should not have been fooled by the image of Microsoft's attractive softwares as cozy, well-designed instruments of an organized life. The design is shoddy - I feel that one part of the Skype/Email link matter should actually be actionable - and as I will describe, trying to rectify the simplest of errors with these Microsoft systems sends the consumer down the most futile, exhausting, colossally time devouring rabbit-hole of helpless frustration. On April 4th from my Inbox on Gmail, I forwarded some emails to Outlook, and erased the original emails from my Gmail Inbox once I saw them arrive in my Outlook inbox. As these emails were not originated in Gmail they would not be recorded under Sent. So the only record of them now would be in my Outlook Inbox.

On Wednesday I happily went to open my Outlook.com email, to find that I was being shepherded without any option or choice to link my Skype account with this newly made email. Skype? How did Skype come in? Outlook email? What was going on? Why was my entry to Outlook email being barred, unless I made an adjustment to my Skype account? For me, two unrelated matters, two unrelated applications with very different functions. In any case why would I have to be compelled to concern myself with Skype. I was trying to access my emails. Why was this email account concerning itself with how I dealt with an entirely different application?

A quick search determined for me that Microsoft has purchased Skype. So I sort of understood the logic of the connection. The Outlook commands were commanding me to provide an email that would be "LINKED" to my Skype account, and, as was explained to me later, Microsoft wants to "UNIFY" under a single username and password, all its different applications used by a customer, for the "benefit of the customer," needless to say the customer is being "convenienced" whether or not he/she wants.

Another internet search threw up this untrue piece of information. Go ahead people advised and LINK your SKYPE account with an email address, as Outlook is commanding you to do; there is a way out. You can go afterwards into your Skype SETTINGS and UNLINK that email account from your Skype. I did not even know what the implications of this linking were. Would my Skype pop up every time I used my email, or vice versa? Would Skype and email move towards some sort of address sharing unless denied the way Uber wants to enter one's contacts? Nonetheless it was reversible. I would add an email address and then go into SKYPE SETTINGS TO UNLINK my account. So I wrote in my work email address, thinking it was the remotest I could think of from this personal Outlook email and the safest because it was institutional and many more walls surround it than my other emails.

Immediately following I went to SKYPE TO UNLINK - a message came up saying UNLINKING was not available. Thus the first round began: Customer service for Skype, once you obtain it, is CHAT. There is no telephone conversation option. In chat it took about an hour for the technician to understand the problem. The technicians are not fully proficient in English often. They are desperately looking for catchphrases in what one says, and often give mechanical answers and make prefabricated apologies. It was hard for me to understand the problem too through the manner of the technician's communication. The news was NO UNLINKING possible, no technician in all of Microsoft with all of Microsoft's might has the power to UNLINK the association now, of my work email with my Skype account. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE the technician says.

Conversely therefore canceling my Skype would also cancel my email account as now they were linked! How can the arm of Microsoft SKYPE reach to CLOSE DOWN MY INSTITUTIONALLY DESIGNATED WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT? The entire situation sounds like a plot from a schizophrenic's tremens oration on a late night subway ride. But no, at least theoretically, it is plausible because as it turns out my work email is on a Microsoft platform of some sort. So now I have a professional email linked to a personal application that CANNOT be DELINKED, nor is it possible to cancel the personal application without having my work email be possibly affected somehow. Chat moves up to Supervisor. After much back and forth the Supervisor comes to the same conclusion.

I call work in desperation. No, they said, let Microsoft do their worst, the work emails are not really reachable by Microsoft, go ahead and cancel your Skype account. The Microsoft cancellation site is not designed for an easy cancellation. Another hour of chat and fiddling with the website for cancellation ensues, involving the site sending numbers over and over to my phone as codes, so that it can be assured it is indeed I, wishing to cancel my account - as if any enemy of mine would suffer a Microsoft cancellation on my behalf. Finally I cancel. But no, Microsoft does reach past the walls of my work email system. I receive an email at work, from Microsoft, quoting my work address, saying it will be canceled within two months, unless I use it, in which case it will not be canceled. But I just used the account to check their email to me.

So all the hours of canceling and wrangling and chatting and typing and code inserting and login re-configuring and searching trashed in one instant. Kafka god rest his soul, did not think it quite like this. End of Day One Result: unwanted connection of application Skype with my work email - zero option or solution for reversing the situation. Violation of my privacy, and my right as a consumer to not want a product. True choice in this matter would have been to articulate the terms of the connection of making an email account with Microsoft, and all its consequences with Skype, email linkage, and so on, and the issue of the connections being irreversible. These would have to be presented to the customer honestly at the OUTSET, BEFORE ONE MAKES AN EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH THEM NOT AFTER.

All this came up the second time, I approached my email, their path was presented as the only path, the route to following the Microsoft intention for the customer, surpassing the customer's choice. This is a con essentially, arriving digitally, but still a very ambiguous and sleazy foisting of the product on the customer. I do not know what the interest in Microsoft is to lock its customers into an email linked with its Skype, but it arrives at this item with deception, and maintains with force, and its representatives uphold the con by not having the authority to intercept these mechanisms. These customer service jobs must incidentally be horrible for the workers who must sustain an iron resilience against the contempt their company elicits in its customers.

Day Two - I have given up on the job email/Skype matter though I feel very violated still, very regretful that I ever approached Outlook.com, ever was tricked by the login misdirection, nonetheless I go to find my emails. Outlook does not recognize my password, so it directs me to reset my password. It has on record of course my username, and as reference my two other emails, and asks me to which I would have a reentry code sent. So, it is not recognizing my password, but it is recognizing my account. I obtain the code and reset the password. Outlook opens. THERE ARE NO EMAILS, NONE OF THE FILES I MADE.

Outlook has gone through the procedure of treating me as a recognizable entity renewing their password for a pre-established email account but instead of returning me to my email account it is providing me with a new account. My work is gone. In this case there are two texts that are important to me of which I have no other copies, one is a letter from an editor, another is a poem. I cannot write to the writer asking for copies. I need these two emails even if I discount the rest of my files that are lost, and which I made on Monday. In spite of yesterday's experiences, I honestly do not believe that this will be too complicated a matter to resolve. This time as I make my way through the internet it seems that there is an actual phone conversation support available at Microsoft. But I am quite wrong. Following are the steps that like an infernal snake begin and end in a grotesque circle, a circle of utter shoddy sloppy indifference.

A woman comes on the line, heavily accented, we cannot hear each other well, but no for Outlook there is no telephone customer support but they have a "A TEAM OF CHAT SUPPORT". I rail and by now I have lost all the reserve and manners I maintained yesterday, I have raised my voice, I am railing that I cannot possibly sit at chat again, but finally I have no choice. Chat person comes. He sends the canned apologies and asks robotic questions, I answer irate, rude, ironic but must repeat myself over and over to make myself understood. He cannot help me, but he has copy pasted a link. "CAN I FILL A FORM THEY HAVE A SPECIAL TEAM OF EMAIL SUPPORT." I am beyond railing at this point, and demand, demand to speak to a supervisor. Much waiting, Supervisor comes on the line, mid-conversation, as I am explaining the problem, I think she becomes overwhelmed, she simply hangs up.

I call the number from which she had called, I go through the branches pressing numbers, once I get to Outlook it tells me that "THERE IS A TEAM THAT GIVES CHAT SUPPORT" and hangs up. I call the number again and refuse to answer the phone prompts so finally a person comes on the line. Halfway through my conversation he hangs up.

A woman comes on the line; I do my best to warn her to not hang up, but refuse to tell her the entire story and demand to speak to a supervisor. When the Supervisor comes she does not know anything about technical support, she just directs calls and she will direct me to Accounts and Billing. I am beyond livid, groaning at this point that Accounts and Billing have nothing to do with the simple technical matter. Could a technician be accessed who would check my usage of their software and note the original email account made and whatever else has been happening subsequently. The only people to whom she can send me are Accounts and Billing.

At Accounts and Billing I explain my problem and the young woman tells me with surprise in her voice how could my problem have anything to do with Accounts and Billing. I assure her I had no assumption her department had anything to do with technical matters but that I was sent there through an infernal ring of deferred responsibilities. Could I speak to her Supervisor. Supervisor cannot access anyone, anywhere higher in the chain, knows no one at her own level in technical assistance for Outlook, she can only direct me to CHAT SUPPORT! Which is where I started.

Microsoft Customer Support Snakehead eats its Tail. My emails are lost. Almost two entire days wasted, my sense of digital autonomy and privacy violated, I started by trying to be more organized and more in control! Microsoft Software Product Outlook.com for personal use is clearly not the right vehicle! Nor is its linkage with Skype. Microsoft Customer Service Business Model - Repugnant indifference to product integrity. During my Skype related conversations I spoke to a number of technicians who were caring, but the system leaves them absolutely helpless to intervene on any error or purposeful error committed by the Microsoft scamming digital design, so they just end up with the distasteful task of having to helplessly apologize.

The conversations of the second day, concerning my personal Outlook.com were simply absurd. Everyone I spoke to was in a fog, and was fumbling to pass me from themselves to whomever next. No one had any expertise. Again this was not the fault of the individuals, who I am sure are doing their best wherever they are, but the setup, and design of the organization and this sector of the business is execrable.

This is an awful sector of Microsoft with its attempt at a cool fun software providing surface, with its bizarre agenda of foisting customer bondage, as opposed to earning customer allegiance. And the indifference to customer autonomy or dignity is clear from the landfill customer service environment. The executives who are in charge of the product, in charge of the service, and in charge of the employees should try to improve the product and the services for the customers, and for their beleaguered employees who are exposed to the customers, instead of creating a shoddy environment, and hiding, while the lower ranks daily take the blows. I am thinking of all the helpless workers who had to endure my aggravation today. The employees quality of life as well as mine as a customer affected by the product, should be a matter of concern for the designers of this sorry business system.

When I purchased Office 365 for Business I already had a personal account that was intertwined with my family's XBOX subscription. This caused an issue that has now spanned 3 months. I have gotten no real resolution until today, which I had to figure out on my own. I thought it would be an easy fix to let tech support know about the mix up and I assumed before my first call it would be a quick fix.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with foreign tech support while they transfer me to different departments with no resolution to be found with any department. The support techs are uninformed of real tech issues and seem to only follow the guidelines they're taught. The endless login circles and navigating Microsoft's account settings has cost me several hours billable time. Not to mention my increased frustration and dislike for Microsoft. It seems there is no REAL support unless you dig deep or just fix it yourself. Pretty pathetic for this multi billion dollar corp.

I run a small, one-person Secretarial Service in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. A year ago, just prior to April 15th tax filing deadline, Microsoft downloaded an un-asked-for Windows 10 upgrade to my computer causing the following: 1. Unable to fulfill my clients' requests to print their tax forms because my computer would no longer communicate with my printers (loss of income). 2. In the long run, I had to buy a new printer and a new computer and still, one year later, am having printing issues (new equipment purchase, on-going problems).

Microsoft Windows 10 - Shockingly bad software slickly wrapped in a user-friendly very expensive sales package. It runs malware authorized and supported by Microsoft, and re-installs it under the guise of Windows updates. And it REALLY IS malware, which IT installs. It steals your cursor when IT wants to update you (sod you telling it!) and resizes windows, flips the cursor out to an area and merrily flashes away while IT does what IT wants with YOUR computer. Spies on you under the guise of telemetry feedback. And here's the biggie--turns OFF your virus protection to open your PC to hackers. And here's another--turns OFF your network protections.

The above presumably so Microsoft can hack you, as there is no reasonable excuse to switch off protections we pay for in order to protect us from the nasty side of the Internet. Lies about what is switched on or off so you THINK you have stuff switched on (i.e. check McAfee (which is owned by Microsoft) you see a nice green "you are protected" tick; check the services and software in the back end and it is actually turned off. Windows Defender says your PC isn't protected, but then try to turn on your virus protection, it won't let you. (There might as well be no protection as allow Microsoft to protect your system.) And plenty of other performance issues as a result of the above and worse. Frankly PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can some reputable company PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE produce quality software I can use so I can stop using MS period. And put these FREAKING COWBOYS out of business!!!

Microsoft is ruining everything related to Windows 10 phone. I recently had to replace my phone. When I went to reinstall the apps on the new phone, half of them were missing. It used to be real easy to find old apps on the phone website but of course, Microsoft removed all of that. I've spent hours trying to find apps that I had on their stupid store to no avail. What a pain in the **! Microsoft wonders why everybody hates them. They should look at what they did to the phones and how they took a wonderful system (Windows 8.1) and ruined it completely. Nothing has worked right on this phone since it was upgraded.

I am tired of all their computer updates lately and all of the massive amounts of updates messing up my windows 10 so bad. I went back to windows 8.1 64 Bit. Much better. Also my Microsoft Lumia 640 windows 8.1 phone will not connect to my PC after trying several different USB cables and buying a new one and try to connect thru Bluetooth and will not connect and can't find info in the web or on Microsoft site or anyone to help me with this issue that started a week ago. Even At&t will not help me. They tell me to call Microsoft.

Also if you call Microsoft you have to pay them to help every to ask them some simple tech question. I can see after 20 or 30 minutes of them helping you charging you. You their super number and it is worthless unless you give them your card info and they charge you whatever they feel like and you don't know the price till you look online at your card bill. Glad I did not do that and give them my card info. Someone can still card my info and they charge me whatever they think.

Microsoft Company Profile