2.9/5 (384 ratings)

File your taxes for 35% off. Use code SLAYIT35

Get Started with TaxSlayer

Visit Site

About Intuit - TurboTax

TurboTax is a user-friendly tax preparation software program. TurboTax walks you through your state and federal taxes with clear prompts, letting you pay, file and receive returns immediately. TurboTax subtracts its fees from your federal refund with your permission. TurboTax also guarantees to cover any IRS or state debt resulting from a calculation error.

Pros

• Does all the math for you
  • Spanish-speaking services available
  • Tax services for every situation

Cons

• Misuse may create incorrect returns

Bottom Line

TurboTax is an online tax prep and filing software with plans for every tax bracket. It has a 100% accuracy guarantee and promises to help you get the fastest refund possible.

File your taxes for 35% off. Use code SLAYIT35

Get Started with TaxSlayer

Visit Site

Intuit - TurboTax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - TurboTax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - TurboTax?

Original review: April 11, 2022

Have been a TurboTax user for 35 years. This year discovered that transfers to the State program leave something to be desired. Turbo Tax expects you to know the state tax law and make manual adjustments. When contacting the helpline, the representative who was an Enrolled Agent confirmed it was the user of TurboTax that had to make adjustments for many differences between Federal and State and sent me the Franchise Tax Board's instructions. So, one must know the California tax law to be certain their state return is correct.

Original review: April 9, 2022

For so many years I have used TurboTax! I have told friends and family to use TurboTax! And they have. NEVER AGAIN. I FOUND THAT MY SON WAS CHARGED MORE THEN I PAY, For an account that should absolutely be FREE! He has minimal income? I am so disappointed actually. They are borderline criminal! I will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN and will inform all they are not to be trusted! If you are doing Taxes run away from TurboTax.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I bought a 50$ disc & when I filed my taxes I was charged an additional 70$ for the service, when your company claims NO additional charges. I emailed the company & attached a picture of my receipt & received a email back stating that I would receive a refund that was TWO WEEKS ago...

Original review: April 5, 2022

I am completely blown away by the incompetence going on at TurboTax. My wife and I signed up for the "Full Service" return that would supposedly provide us with a tax preparation expert to help us file taxes for my LLC business and my wife's Social Security Disability 1099. We were first connected on the phone to a woman who was only there to explain how to upload documents to their website. Okay, cool, that seemed unnecessary but I guess for a first time internet user it would be helpful. Then we were connected to a woman who walked us through uploading all of the documents that our tax "expert" would need. We uploaded everything and were assigned a woman named Malissa who would prepare our taxes, and we were told she would be in touch.

Days went by. We were checking the website 10+ times a day to see if anything was happening, but the message on the homepage just continued to say "You're all set!" After a week went by, I signed into the Intuit site and clicked the field to send a message to Malissa. There were two messages there from her that we had not been notified about in any way. One was from the day we uploaded the documents, and the other msg was from 3 days after that, she had requested that we both file Schedule C documents and upload them. In that message she also made a weird threatening statement that basically said "if you don't upload these documents by tomorrow I will be shutting your return down".

We scrambled and uploaded the documents immediately, and sent her some questions in the chat/message window because we needed advice on how to fill them out correctly. She never replied. We waited another 5 days, checking the website constantly to see if anything was happening. Today we got an email saying "Your Full Service return has been cancelled. We're sorry this happened. Please file again and submit everything again, and you will now have to pay an extra fee for an extension."

Our jaws hit the floor. We requested a call to find out what was going on and were connected to a woman who had no clue about any of this and could not answer any of our questions, but she happily suggested that we start over and submit everything again and pay for the extension fee. Nope. I have never encountered such ineptitude in my life. We need help with this stuff because taxes are complicated and we were afraid of making mistakes or messing something up. I'm pretty sure I have more knowledge about taxes than any of these TurboTax people. Actually feeling very relieved right now that they didn't file for us because who knows what kind of mistakes they would have made that they would have then not been responsible to fix.

Going with Taxfyle now, we were immediately connected to a CPA and we're working with him right now to get everything filed. The price is also literally half of what TurboTax is asking for for Full Service prep. I can't say anything for TurboTax's free services, but please don't spend your hard earned money on this "Full Service" baloney. We can't help but wonder how many people have wound up in hot water because their "tax expert" at TurboTax just shut their return down for no reason after the filing deadline.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I was on the phone with Customer Service for SEVEN hours yesterday and that was one of multiple days on the phone or chat with Turbo Tax Customer Service! I have had a horrible customer experience with Turbo Tax this year and I am speechless at the lack of Customer Service! I was told by Customer Service the 8915 F form would be available 3/25/2022 and it wasn’t. I spoke to Customer Service on 3/28/2022 and was told the form would be available 3/31/2022 and I “would just have to wait”. I tried to file my taxes on 4/1/2022 and was unable to do so because after countless hours in chats and on the phone with Customer Service, the 8915 F form is still not included in my tax return.

I was prompted to choose an up-grade to an expensive product I didn’t need or want and when I attempted to correct my original choice (made in error), I was told by Customer Service I would need to cancel my tax return (yes, the one I spent hours working on), choose another option and start over again. I spoke to Customer Service again and I was advised to pay for the upgrade, file my taxes and that TurboTax would refund the difference for the less expensive option that I needed. I paid as advised and when I went to file my tax returns, I realize the 8915 F form still was not attached to my 1040SR so… I contacted customer service again yesterday.

I spoke to a Rep who was excellent, she was professional, calm and apologized multiple times while walking me through the program searching for the glitch over and over. She read, researched and had me reenter the area pertaining to my 8915F form. As advised, my refund was given except for the $49.00 I paid for the Max Benefit. The Rep said the system would not allow her to refund the $49.00 I paid for the Maximum upgrade.

We were on hold for an unacceptable period of time waiting for Tier Two and the Resolution Desk to respond to our request for assistance for a full refund. We were told by Tier Two for Customer Service (who was very rude and didn’t know how to use the program) that the $49.00 would not be refunded and the service it paid for could not be used. I was told by Customer Service on another call that I could file without the 7815F form so frustrated and out of $49.00, I asked Customer Service to add the option I needed to file my tax return and I would file without the 8915F form. I was then told by Customer Service that I could not use that account any longer. I would need to start over and pay again. So…Turbo Tax can not file an accurate tax return on my behalf, I can not add back the option I want and need to file my tax returns and Turbo Tax is just keeping my $49.00??!!

After four hours on the phone (mostly on hold), I was referred to the Resolution Desk and spoke a Rep who provided me a service code to resolve my issue and refund my $49.00 but…the instructions in the email don’t match the program options because I already paid for the services and so, I was back on the phone with Customer Service…AGAIN… On hold for 50 minutes AGAIN just waiting for “approval” to contact the resolution desk… And without resolve AGAIN… We tried to reach the resolution desk only to be put on hold… AGAIN and the phone was disconnected!!!! AFTER SEVEN HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH TURBOTAX TODAY NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED!

I found my multiple chats to be very unhelpful. The Tier Two Customer Service was rude, unskilled and a waste of time and resources. The “phone” Customer Service was often poorly informed by TurboTax and usually clueless about the 8915F form but... sympathetic and willing to help. The wait times (hours spent on hold) are unacceptable. I am truly shocked by Turbo Tax’s lack of Customer Service and failure to provide an acceptable customer experience or a product that can file an accurate tax return with the necessary forms in a timely manner!

Now I am two weeks away from April 15, 2022 and starting over after investing more hours than I can count with Turbo Tax because I trusted Turbo Tax! After more than 10 years with Turbo Tax, I can truly say, if you are looking for an online tax service just move on and don't even consider Turbo Tax until they have a major overhaul of their Customer Service Department. I have emailed Mr Goodarzi, Turbo Tax CEO and I am awaiting a response.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I bought a Turbo Tax (TT) Deluxe version from Costco, toward the end of E-filing, TT forced to pay for their "premium Service" costs $45 and double charged (1 from my credit card and 1 deduct from tax refund) my E-filing for CA state ($25 x 2). I spent so much times try to skip these extra charges options but no way out. At the end I have surrendered to TT. This is SCAM from Turbo Tax and I want people thinking of using/buying Turbo Tax be aware of their SCAM business. And I am seeking more ways to disclose their SCAM.

Original review: March 27, 2022

After multiple years as a client I tried calling customer service to resolve a $15 overcharge. After 30 min on the phone I was told I had no choice but to fill out an online form and there is nobody I could speak with directly. Horrible, slow, untrained service rep. Simply terrible customer service where they take their clients for granted.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I have been using Turbotax for the last 5 years to file both my State and Federal Taxes and up until this year, it has been an alright experience. I say alright because you really need to look beyond the large bolded letters on their website/app and read the fine print. To start, the term FREE is conditional, wherever you see the term free, there are attached conditions. If you expect any excellent customer service, you are going to need to pay for it.. I get that and that's ok.

The real issue here is the fact that your return once you have finished the filing process, in BIG BOLD letters, is an estimation of how much you will be getting back, do not trust this number. The "estimation" they provided was literally 42% off (not in my favor of course). I contacted Turbotax and after all of the hard work put into fighting my case, got a 20% off coupon for next year. The customer service experience when things are good is excellent, but the second you have an issue, the demeanor of the staff adjusts 180 degrees and you are left more frustrated than before. I'll be filing my taxes elsewhere next year and I suggest you do the same.

Original review: March 21, 2022

The filing process was easy BUT their computation of my return was a HUGE mistake. I ended up with $2800 less than they calculated. Long story short: IRS told me Turbotax put my 2021 Stimulus money in the wrong place on the return. Line 30 is for people that never received their stimulus money. Turbotax put my money on that line. That is just a very stupid mistake on their part. They should have known that. I want a refund from Intuit for their fees they charged me but I can't get to talk to anyone there.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I paid the extra $114 for a live "tax expert" and was seriously disappointed and frustrated by the service I received. I had to talk to 2 people before I could get my answers halfway answered. Even then I still had to go to the IRS site to verify the information. Please don't waste your time or money on upgrading. All they do is literally copy and paste information from the Help pages or from the IRS website. Basic Turbo Tax is great, but this other service is a scam.

Original review: March 17, 2022

When filing my 2021 taxes earlier this year, I selected every option TurboTax presented on their website as an add-on service for an additional fee. I have followed the same process for years. Instead of using any of the many free options, I believed it was the responsible strategy to have expert, personalized assistance for something as serious as dealing with the IRS.

This is the first year I had a discrepancy that required additional assistance, and I felt relief that I had paid the extra fee. My ultimate disappointment has been immeasurable, but I am hopeful that anyone reading this review will save themselves the same frustration and potentially hundreds of dollars. BUYER BEWARE; TT provided me with nothing less than advertised. They are not offering you any personalized services, and you will not have access to a CPA. If you are ever audited, you are better off paying for a local CPA, with your hard-earned dollars going towards your specific needs.

The first indication that TT was not a helpful product was when my Federal Return was delayed significantly. My state return was accepted, and a refund deposited within 1 week of my submission. My Federal return was accepted and followed by radio silence for several weeks. TT sent me no updates; nothing on my TT account home screen indicated an update or the need for additional information. A friend advised me that she had used an alternative online tax prep company. She received an email from that company advising her of a delay for all who claimed a Child Tax Credit or Earned Income Credit, and even provided a date by which the return should be expected along with a link to IRS.gov for further details. I received no such information from TT.

I went directly to IRS.gov for further information and found that my friends email notification was accurate. I found additional resources and information applicable to me. I began to check IRS.gov daily, as the homepage for my TT account never changed or updated, but the IRS did. Eventually, my information on the IRS.gov website updated to advise me that I was missing document 8332, and since it wasn’t submitted when filing my taxes, a significant recalculation had been applied to my refund. The letter advised me on what specific steps should be taken to correct this, including advising me of a hard deadline to have the documents submitted by, and that electronic submission would not suffice.

I contacted TT, thinking that I was going to receive personalized, professional assistance to get this addressed. I spoke to multiple customer service agents, each representing themselves as an “expert” Tax Advisor. I repeatedly explained that I had paid extra in the event I needed help from a CPA and requested to be connected to whomever was assigned to me.

Each agent I spoke with was pleasant and kind and assured me they were an “Expert Tax Advisor”. It was at this point I slowly began to realize my own error. I would not be connected to a CPA. I would not be getting any personalized assistance. The “Experts” are just the call center customer service/sales agents for the TT product. While providing excellent customer service, they are not equipped to answer questions about tax code or law. They have no more education on filing taxes than you or I, and if asked directly, will admit the quiet part aloud. They are not a CPA. I find this sales strategy borders on unethical.

Having worked in a call center for years, I am very familiar with scripting that is designed specifically to convey one message to the client while carefully protecting the company’s interest. To be subtly manipulated with this careful verbiage when navigating something as serious as filing taxes is not just frustrating. It’s terrifying. All the peace of mind I believed I paid for was nothing more than a well-executed sales pitch. I fell for it, these agents knew it, and were gently advising me of this.

When initially completing the “train-ride” process of filing my taxes through TT website, I was made aware of the need for an 8332 form. I read all the additional information boxes available to me on what the form is, why it is needed, and who needs to submit it. From these information boxes, I deduced that this was not my responsibility. (Ultimately, it isn’t. Someone else needs to fill out and sign this form. I assumed it would be done when that person filed their taxes.) However, since the submission (or exclusion) of this form is significant enough to alter my personally calculated result by more than half, I would expect that TT would alert me to this. Perhaps something in red indicating a concern or something potentially missing. Anything to indicate that I potentially should follow up on this item, acquire the signed form and include it with my return before submitting.

TT provided me NO indication that I was missing documentation, and certainly no warnings or predictive calculations of what might happen if this documentation isn’t included. At no point in the entire process did TT ever even update my account on their website to indicate that my return had been adjusted. I never received an email or any notification at all from TT indicating a discrepancy with my return or the need for additional documentation.

None of my subsequent requests for assistance from TT resulted in action points for resolution. Each agent had a different suggestion on how to handle the amendment, and despite being advised there were “notes added to my account”, each conversation began anew as though I were a stranger. Being subject to a system of taxation that carries the potential for life-altering punishments should a mistake arise is stressful enough. To then be taken advantage of by a company who happily benefits financially from the fear of that system is unconscionable. I will never again use TurboTax, and I would encourage others to take advantage of the many free options available for filing your taxes. If your taxes are complex enough to require assistance, please hire a reputable CPA.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I've used turbo tax for the last few years because I've found that for the price, they make the process as easy and helpful as possible. However, for this most recent year they sent both of my returns (federal and state) to the wrong account and the process to get this resolved has been a nightmare. They contract this work to a separate company (Tax Products Group) which informed me that this has been happening to a lot of customers. What's frustrating about this whole experience is that it is hard to talk to someone with an understanding of the whole issue - everyone seems to have a narrow view with no accountability. I don't know where my return was sent, I don't know if it will be reissued, and there's no one to turn to because all you're given is a phone number and an email address for TPG. Intuit deflects all responsibility and because of that I won't use them again.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Bought the $119 version of Turbo tax which includes live help. After working with 3 different experts, the third one finally was able to fix my tax form problems. Get more qualified tax experts that know what they're doing!

Original review: March 12, 2022

I filed my 2020 tax return in time to qualify for the Golden State Stimulus in 2021. I have a receipt acknowledging that the return was prepared & filed, including an order number. When months went by - past the outside date of expectation for the deposit - I contacted IRS, CA, and Intuit. The return had never been received by either, and Intuit & Turbotax, despite the order number provided me, said they had no record at all. I was, however, able to access the completed return, which I sent to Sacramento with an explanation. To no avail. Turbotax cost me $600 that I deserved from the Golden State Stimulus.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I have always been able to use free versions of programs to file my taxes. Since Credit Karma had changed its name, I decided to try TurboTax instead this year. At first, I was impressed with how easily it was to just drop in all my forms, however, it quickly became a nuisance when I had to keep reviewing the documents and it wouldn't save my changes. There was some kind of glitch about how they were imported that took forever to find and fix. In the end, it actually took me much longer than if I had just done in manually. Then I got to the part for the Educator Expense Deduction. As a teacher, I have always appreciated this part of the taxes and have never had a problem inputting it, as it's a simple entry. However, Turbotax informed me that this is not included in their free version. FOR AN EDUCACTOR EXPENSE CREDIT! Teachers already are undervalued and underpaid in this country, and upgrading would have cost more than the credit itself.

I cannot believe Turbotax would stoop that low. Since I was already so far into the process, I continued just to get it done. After many more times of having to review documents and it not saving, I finally was able to file. I was surprised by how much I owed, but was ready to be done. When I finally went through the last step of filing and tried to submit, it was THEN that they told me I would have to upgrade for $170! They said it was due to stocks, bonds, etc. I have never had an issue with filing these for free in other programs. Despite the fact that I had spent HOURS filling out all the information, I was not paying them a cent.

I went to Cash App, the new version of Credit Karma and was able to fill out everything much faster and easier. To top it off, I ended up owing $500 less federally and actually got close to a $300 refund for state, despite the fact that Turbotax came up with me owing state taxes. So essentially, not only was I able to save $170 by filing for free somewhere else, but I also saved $800 in taxes by using Cash App instead. I will never file with Turbotax again.

Original review: March 11, 2022

First of all, I have used Turbo Tax for at least ten years and never had issues until last year. I paid for the complete tax coverage for 2021 and I called into the call center which took hell on hot water to get a live agent on the line. Once I reached an agent, they were rude, poor listening skills, and not very proactive on getting me to a tax specialist and resolving my issue. I had to call in several times to get the answer to my tax question. I should be refunded for the difference of that service because the issue is still not resolved. I overlooked it and figured maybe it happened due to under staffing and high call volumes. However, the Mexican young lady that I spoke to on Feb. 13th was extremely rude and unwilling to assist.

I remember her leaving me on hold for 25 minutes while she stated that it takes that long to transfer clients to a tax advisor. She stated to me, "Okay so I updated your account." I said, "wait a minute; I didn't ask or give you permission to make any changes to my account." I asked her what she did to my account, and she hung up. So I proceeded to start the process of doing my 2021 taxes and had a hard time signing in after answering the credentials corrected. I called in dreadfully and requested to speak to security. I told her everything that was gong on and she said that I just needed to upload my identification from my mobile device and it would be reset in 30 minutes only to get the same results.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Two years in a row now, Turbo Tax has made me pay back my stimulus payment due to their inadequacy. Every third page is an advertisement. Now, I must say I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years, the last 2 have cost me over $2,000.00! I have a qualifying dependent, for some reason, if I won't upgrade and pay them the additional $65.00, when I filed, my dependent was deleted, AND they doubled my stimulus payment. Hmmm, sorry Intuit, done.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Turbo tax has been my tax app for years until this year - bottom line - getting ready to e-file after two hours and it’s $197! No way to change my options, so I had to redo my taxes with another company - very disappointed this year with them!!

Original review: March 8, 2022

Even though I was using the free version, TurboTax hit me with several surprise fees at the end. While they market that there is a free version, I would be surprised if very many people ended up not having to pay for using the service. There was a state fee that came out of nowhere at the end that I did not have to pay for last year. TurboTax is easy to use, but, in the end, they used me.

Original review: March 7, 2022

The online version has limited ability to change fields that are imported. They imported a field from a previous year I hadn't filed. I couldn't change it. I also couldn't determine whether the return was valid until I printed it. That forced me to pay for it. That's when I found there were problems in the return. It's a trap. Now they say they won't refund me because the guarantee is only for downloaded products.

Original review: March 7, 2022

After six years with a simple income, I have normally spent 45 minutes at Turbotax to e-file for free. After being railroaded into appearing to have to pay $39 this year, when I approved that amount they took out $78 instead. THIS E-FILING SHOULD HAVE BEEN FREE. I don't blame you if you don't believe what happened next.

Turbotax has been blocking me from filing to receive a $2,400 return pending a first time ever government form they claim they need but will not identify. I checked with H&R Block and verified they would not need any unusual government form this year so obviously I must have made an error this year. [H&R Block needs a hard to obtain AIG from last year. Turbotax has it.] Whatever error I must have made is holding up a $2,400 est. return.

But to add insult to the $78 injury, according to Turbox that $78 ripoff step LOCKS YOUR ACCOUNT and you cannot go back and amend it. I can't go back, search for that error and correct it. IT HAS BEEN FOUR WEEKS and I have heard nothing from Turbotax NOTHING. And I cannot go back into my data, search for, and correct the error myself.

So, after FOUR weeks of waiting, waiting, waiting on a tax filing that should have taken forty five minutes last February, with no communication from Turbotax, today I decided to give them one last chance as I still hoped to get around the IRS [for that AIG I would need for another tax preparer.] Not.Getting through their convoluted "help" menu which is completely worthless, I was asked for and submitted my work phone number and was told I would be called by someone in 9 minutes. THAT WAS OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF AGO! Terminal error. Full stop.

So now I'm going to have to dump the dead end that $78 paid for, and go to H&R Block or just cut to the chase, and white knuckle the federal and state IRS bureaucracy try to e-file [more directly] all over again - which I really do not look forward to... I just wish I had googled reviews first. If you are reading this and other reviews, here, you have done something much wiser than I...

DDM/SF

Original review: March 1, 2022

My initial return from TurboTax was incorrect for both state and federal and I paid for the self-employed version. When I called customer service to make sure a scheduled payment did not occur based on the incorrect return, I was placed on hold for 30 minutes and then hung up on after the rep understood what I needed help with. And now I’m left still to deal with the scheduled payment.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I want to leave a review because TurboTax got me out of a jam. I efiled and my return was rejected because I gave the wrong pin number. I was able to use my adjusted gross income from 2020 and I could still e-file my return and it was accepted by the IRS. I am happy.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I received several emails from them before I attempted to file my tax return that my refund would be a certain dollar amount! Since I used them twice to file tax returns I ignored the emails, believing they were simply sent in error. I started my return a few days ago but didn't finish because I was waiting for my state return to be completed. Today I received an email that my federal tax refund is $2*** however when I signed into to complete it and attempted to pay for the service using the refund, the response was I'm not getting a refund! This company isn't to be trusted and I hope it will be investigated for their fraudulent business practices!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I did Intuit Turbotax online as I have always done, when you start doing the return you always have to put in how much money you are going to spend for what level of service which was $78.00 for our household. When I got all done with the taxes they said that I could file for free so I thought they would refund the money that I did pay. It was not refunded and apparently I will not get a refund as I called to talk to an agent who sent me an email and said my account was closed and I could not get a refund. How can they tell me that it would not cost me any amount of money but still take my credit card to pay for it. If I use it next year I will check at lot closer. They talk out of both sides of their mouth. I will notify other people I know that you do not honor your word. Very dissatisfied. All they want is our money not being responsible.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

WEll IT'S NOT SO - Turbo tax advertises that the efile feature taking a few minutes.... Well it's no so... after driving license copies uploaded and last years adjusted gross income and a series of other things .... One week later and about 5 to 8 tries to efile my return it didn't happen. So I simply FedeX'd it in .. On try and $12.95 later the return was in. Use FEDEX. Don't waste time with Turbo Tax. Why not call it what it is - inefficient and basically time wasting and useless combination of Government Bureaucracy and Intuit "Happy talk" .... I want a refund for the days spent trying to efile .... See if you can HAPPY TALK THAT!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Took a while waiting to be assisted but had to go lay kids down. Shortly later I actually get a PHONE CALL!!!! I hurried up and hung up, five kids trying to sleep. They call back AGAIN! I'm going elsewhere. That's harassment!!! Thanks so much for making sure my house couldn't sleep, obviously if I was able to talk or still wanted assistance I would have called or not left the chat idiots!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

TurboTax charge me $179 and refused to issue a refund even though I didn't use their services. I've been using TurboTax for the last 2 or 3 years. This year I started the refund process, TurboTax maliciously fool and showed me that I'd get $2500.00 from NY State refund. Then after I paid $179.00 for their service, that's when they showed me the real number which is that I had to return $1900.00 to NY state. I reached out to TurboTax by phone and email, they refuse to issue a refund. They are very malicious.

Here is the email I got from them (copied and paste below:)

"Dear TurboTax Customer,

Thank you for reaching out to TurboTax Customer Care. We do not offer refunds for instances in which the purchased TurboTax product was not utilized.

TurboTax Online can be used at no cost up until the point that you submit payment. Once payment has been received, the product is considered to have been used to prepare your taxes, regardless of whether you print or electronically file your return, or if it's rejected. Submitting payment reflects your satisfaction with TurboTax Online preparation of your taxes, and is non-refundable."

What they don't tell you is that they'll show you something that you'd be satisfied with, then later show you the real number. Be careful with them. They are frauds.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

WOW, wrong. Been using TurboTax for years doing my kids' taxes. This year 2021 the Federal were easy. But I live in Iowa and they tax you on previous year federal refunds. This year TurboTax forgot to put in the federal refunds on the state returns, i processed and they checked all forms to make sure they were correct, everything was right and no mistakes. So I e-filed and made copies of them, I thought the state refunds seemed a little high, but the reviews said no mistakes, then I started getting calls from my kids that their state refunds were less by 2-300.00, so I looked at the letter and right away I found out that their 2020 federal refunds were missing from the state returns.

Sure enough TurboTax must of had a glitch in their system, we pay good money to file the state returns and they should be correct, so we all got together and just thought that TurboTax knew that there was a problem and decided to let it go and see if the state would catch it. WELL THEY DID. Thanks TurboTax, also I do know that you found the mistake 4 weeks after they were filed, I did a mock up amended state return and it was very sneaky that the correct refund amount of the one I did was corrected, everyone I did were all wrong but nothing was told to us. Next Year is a no.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I’ve been using TT for over 15 years. They used to have great customer service and rock solid software. The last couple years have seen this company go to garbage! Software is buggy and not ready for distribution. They don’t care to fix problems or fix them in a timely manner. Customer service is none existent. I called 3 times and first time the lady just hung up on me after saying she can’t figure out why her software doesn’t even work. Second silence with the person on the other line making noise. Third just to voicemail? How does your software have a bug where it can’t support two mortgage interest entries? I mean that’s like tens of millions of people! Horrible! Go with someone else if you can.

Intuit - TurboTax Company Information