2.54/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

251 Avast Antivirus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have installed Avast after malware got onto my computer, and I had to do a full restart of Windows 10. I already have Mcafee, which costs money just to protect you from a virus.>:( I shouldn't have to pay just to be protected. If the company believes in the customer and wants to actively be there for the customer, not just to get money, they would make this aspect free. I understand the other aspects, but you should be protected from malware on your computer. I was going to originally install Norton, because I've used that Anti-virus protection before, and, I like Norton, but I also know they make you pay, for literally everything, so I decided to try a new Anti-Virus. I found Avast upon my search. It looked good from the logo and the website.

I installed it and immediately was impressed with the user-interface. When I got re-directed somehow to another website, it protected me immediately, and even buzzed letting me know. Not only that, it told me what drivers to update, (although I only have free version so I cannot install this), but I can install the drivers manually myself, now that I know what drivers to install. I also swear my computer was speedier since this app install! This protects me from what I need to be protected, without money-costing me, because they care about me, not just my money.

I just love this product so much! Everything is perfect with this! I am going to stick with this Anti-virus forever! I love this Anti-virus so much, that I decided I am going to upgrade so It'll install drivers for me and do lots more! This program has so many features versus Mcafee, (which I also have but won't do anything because not paid!), and so much more than what other virus-protection services have. It also has good Anti-virus tests to prove it! Thank you so much Avast, you have changed my life for the better. Definitely will recommend!!

Hi, Sophia:

Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Avast for your security needs!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 17, 2019

I received an email telling me I had been given a free upgrade to Cleanup Premium. When I went to use it I was asked to pay 29.99$ (not free). I contacted customer service and here is their reply... "We understand that the email is poorly worded, and are working on improving it.” Here is the poorly worded email - "I’m Martin **, product expert for Avast Cleanup Premium. You’ve been given a free upgrade to the all-new, most powerful PC optimization tool from Avast, and I’m very pleased to introduce you to your new product." Seems pretty well worded to me.

Hi, E:

We would like to investigate as this is not our standard practice. Please contact us privately with the phone number you called or website you visited when you contacted customer service, your full name, and a contact email address.

-Avast Team

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 16, 2019

Avast makes it extremely difficult to cancel my annual subscriptions. I never had this happen with any other software subscriptions that I have used. Who the heck need to call tech support just to cancel their subscription? There is no button to cancel subscriptions in your subscriptions console. Extremely poor user experience. Stick to free Avast if you must use Avast, but do NOT pay for any of the licenses or they won't let you off.

Hi, S:

We're sorry to see you go, but are happy to help get this resolved for you. Cancelling your subscription can be performed following the instructions listed on our website.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

-Avast Team

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have Avast Premier, Cleanup and SecureLine. SecureLine is working normally. Premier and Cleanup have both been completely out of service for 2 days, starting April 3, 2019. Cleanup simply will not open. Trying to open Premier gets a black square on-screen that says, "UI failed to load. This is embarrassing. Your protection is running, but the UI is having a really bad day." Well, this is the 3rd day. What's happening with Avast? Can't find any news stories related to problems at Avast. Is it just me?

Hi, Gloria:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd recommend running a repair to try to resolve the issue. Instructions for this can be found in our website.

If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us privately with your name, Avast account information, and your preferred contact email address so we can work with you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 9, 2019

I knew that my renewal period was coming up in 24 hours. I couldn't remember my password, when I tried to reset it using the email that they spam almost daily, it told me there was a problem with my account. I then explicitly un-installed the trial version on internet security and installed the free version. This morning I got an email -to the email account that they said yesterday had a problem - that told me they "upgraded my free version, installed the pay version and that I had been billed $59.99!!!! I immediately sent them an email telling them to cancel and refund my money. They refused.

I have been using Avast on 15-20 PC's in business as well as my laptop (in this instance, it was for my laptop) and home desktop. Long story short, I've already cancelled the card they had on file and filed a dispute on these charges. These scammers will NEVER see another $.01 from my business or home. The fact that they "upgraded" the free version ON MY PC without my authorization or consent is criminal. Idiots. I'll post again as the dispute progresses.

Hi, Robert:

Thanks for reaching out! As our customers may need to uninstall our software for a variety of reasons, subscriptions must be manually cancelled here: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-Digital-River-auto-renewal

Please contact us privately with your full name, purchase information, and contact email address and we would be happy to help get this resolved for you.

-Avast Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avast Antivirus?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 8, 2019

I just received an email about being charged $50 for my virus scanner. They give me some so-called order information with the option to cancel, but when I get to it there is NOTHING there to change any account information. I don't even remember ordering this damn subscription. I only wanted a free version. Avast's business practices is very dishonest. Not sure if it would be considered fraudulent, but it sure seems very borderline.

Hi, Paul:

If you elected for a free trial of our upgraded software, it needs to be cancelled prior to the end of the trial period to avoid being charged. Instructions for this can be found here: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-Digital-River-auto-renewal

If you have any additional questions, we'd be happy to help! Contact us privately with your full name and contact email address and a description of the issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 7, 2019

I subscribed to several Avast products in April, 2018. By July I had enough of the weird problems; freezes, slowness, etc. I de-installed all except the advanced cleaner, and asked for a refund, but was outside the refund window, so was stuck. I cancelled my renewal of the one product left on March 23, 2019. Today, April 7, I got hit with TWO auto renewals, one for $65.03 and one for $86.71 - wow! No warning either. Disputing with CC company and dropped a complaint to their tech support with Cancellation confirmation attached. I'm done with Avast as soon as this is resolved.

Hi, Michael:

Thanks for reaching out! As our customers have a variety of reasons they need to uninstall our software, this process needs to be done manually. To cancel your subscriptions, please visit us at: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-Digital-River-auto-renewal

If you require further assistance, please reach out to us privately with your full name, contact email address, and purchase/cancellation information and we would be happy to help!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 5, 2019

Even with their premium coverage I got a virus anyway. They were unable to fix it. Don't recommend this product. Only had coverage for a couple of months and they refused a refund of any amount. Told me to take my computer to someone else to repair.

Hi, Doris:

We're sorry to hear you've had this experience and would like to investigate further to see what happened. Please contact us privately with more details as well as the support ticket information you received, the number you dialed to speak with support (so we can ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support), your full name, and contact email address and we'll be happy to help!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 27, 2019

After spending 2 hours talking with Avast techs and letting them take over and check their product for 5 more hours, I was told that my new laptop needed repair. I would connect to internet wirelessly or by cable made no difference, go to Google or Edge and it would disconnect the internet and the yellow distress sign would come on the internet signal strength meter. After all I could handle I deleted it from computer #1 and everything works now. Deleted from laptop #2, #3 and server and suddenly everything works like it should.

Now I realize that intermittent internet problems we have had at our medical practice have been caused for 12 months by this software. Yesterday I even hired a certified IT tech and after an hour she told us she had never seen such problems and gave up. I spent hundreds of dollars and over 40 hours trying everything I could think of and consulted a friend that does IT for the Feds and he said it was really strange. It is just terrible software. Trying to fix this I had Spectrum service in 3 times and they changed 3 modems. I replaced a new 2 band router with a 3 band gaming router after Spectrum said that would fix the problem and $300 later same problem. It is 30 feet straight line from router to furthest computer and only 2 wood walls! Now I just have to figure out how to keep them from auto-renewing again. Literally I spent 40 hours after their techs told me it was my problem until I was to trial and error fix it. DELETE THE PROGRAM!

Hi, Michael:

We're sorry to hear you had this issue and would like to investigate. Please contact us directly with the number you dialed so we can ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support, any ticket information you received, whether a repair was run (something may have happened during the initial download process, this can happen if there were any other antivirus/antimalware programs on the device), your full name, and contact email address so we can help resolve this.

-Avast Team

Original review: March 15, 2019

After years of having Norton I decided it was too expensive and bought Avast instead. What a big mistake that was. The Avast system stops working randomly. You never know when it's up and running or down without having to check it. Today was the final straw when it went down for the thousandth time and completely wiped my laptop. I had to do a complete system restore which took all day and even then it was up and running for only a short time. I shall be getting rid of this asap and going back to Norton - more expensive but you only get what you pay for.

Hi, Carolyn:

We're sorry to hear you had issues with your laptop and would like to look into what happened as our software was not designed to completely wipe your data. Please contact us directly and let us know if you had any other antivirus/anti-malware software installed (even if not being utilized at the time, it often causes conflicts), which version of our product you were using, error messages you may have received, your observations, etc, so we can investigate further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 13, 2019

I was using the Avast Free Anti-Virus and upgraded to the paid version just over a year ago. I decided I was not going to shell out the $59.99 to renew after one year. I was surprised to get an email that said my renewal had been processed for another year ($59.99). The email said Avast would notify me in advance before the automatic renewal, but they did not. I disputed it with my credit card company and Avast is fighting it. I currently have paid $59.99 but have no protection.

I am considering whether it would be too much brain damage to spend the time fighting this unethical company, so I was thinking of eating the $ and not renewing. BUT, even though I have PAID for the second year, they would not cover me because my account was still in dispute. Two other things: 1) When you sign up for a paid service, make sure you find the AUTOMATIC RENEWAL box and uncheck it. Otherwise you will be charged again without warning. 2) They charged me $59.99 for a one year renewal, but if you let it lapse, they will send you a "new and improved" SPECIAL deal for $19.99 for one year.

So if you are remotely even considering a second year of service with this company, DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AND SAVE YOURSELF $40. Finally, good luck finding a customer service phone number. They don't want to talk to you and now I know why. As the old saying goes, Live and Learn, and I sure did with Avast. It cost me $120 but now I know better. It's just too bad that companies like this have to resort to devious tactics to make a few extra bucks. If they had just been upfront an honest, I might have renewed for the regular price, but for sure for the $19.99.

Hi, George:

Thanks for reaching out! Renewal notifications are emailed out approximately 30 days prior to the end of the subscription period. While we'd never charge our customers without their consent, sometimes these emails are missed because they end up in the junk/spam folder. We'd like to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your purchase information, full name, Avast account information, and preferred email address and we'll be happy to assist.

-Avast Team

Original review: March 9, 2019

I was just charged on my credit card $69.99 Cdn for use of a Free product. Called and spoke to Rose who confirmed they have no matching record for my email address, home address or last 4 digits of credit card. But they needed my WHOLE credit card number to confirm. Not likely. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for well over half an hour. Maybe Rose went home. I will attempt another try tomorrow.

Hi, Joan:

We're concerned to hear this as we would never charge you without your express permission and would never ask for your full credit card number during a support call. Please contact us privately here with the number you dialed (so we can determine if you were speaking with genuine Avast Support), your full name, Avast user name, and your preferred email address so we can investigate further and help get this resolved for you.

-Avast Team

Original review: March 7, 2019

I got charged 50 dollars for using a "free" antivirus, sounds like a scam. Other than that it slowed down my brand new computer to the point I couldn't get any work done. I had to disable it just so I can work.

Avast Antivirus response

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you may have clicked on the option for a free trial of our premium features and didn't cancel prior to the end of the trial period. We'd like to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, full name, and contact email address so we can better assist you.

Instructions for canceling the subscription can be found here: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-Digital-River-auto-renewal

-Avast Team

Original review: March 5, 2019

BUYER BEWARE: When my annual renewal came due, I was unable to select what I have been getting all along... The free version of Avast. So I clicked on the premium security option for $19.99 + tax for one year. They, however, charged me twice that amount - two different charges on my account. One was for "Avast Cleanup Premium" which I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. I contacted them to cancel my subscriptions, but only received emails for both charges saying it would not be renewed in 2020 - a year from now. So I had to call my bank to dispute the charges. This company is fraudulent and uses trickery to charge its customers.

Hi, Kathy:

Our Free version no longer requires renewal and will continue to protect you for free for as long as it's installed on your devices. We apologize for any confusion and want to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your full name, contact email address, Avast account information, and a copy of the charges so we can better assist you.

Original review: March 4, 2019

They suck you in with free trial, only to keep renewing your subscription well before renew date without notification. Once renewed you then have to try and get a refund from another entity. You should be warned prior to automatically renewing so you can opt out prior to renewal and therefore not have to fight to get refund. Check other reviewers to see their responses. If you do happen to have a problem you then have to pay extra to get it resolved. Not Happy!!! Please do your research before subscribing.

Hi, Tony:

We'd like to help clear up any confusion. We'd never charge anyone without their express permission and send out renewal notices prior to the end of our customers' renewal periods. Automatic renewals are entirely optional and can be selected/deselected upon purchasing our software. Free trials must be canceled renewals prior to the end of the trial period. Instructions for canceling can be found here: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-Digital-River-auto-renewal

-Avast

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have sent multiple refund requests regarding the $59.99 which was taken from my account due to automatic renewal, which I had thought was canceled, the purchase was made without my consent or knowledge and I am still awaiting my money to be transferred back into my account, I had received an email explaining the order was completed and the refund had processed, but still am yet to actually see anything finalised or transferred, very disappointed in Avast, due to it being my favorite antivirus software, hoping my issue can be resolved in due time.

Hi, Samuel:

We send out a reminder email approximately 30 days prior to the end of the subscription period to confirm; however, sometimes these end up in your spam/junk folder.

Instructions for canceling automatic renewals: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-Digital-River-auto-renewal

Please contact us privately with your email address and full name, and we'll be happy to look into this for you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Avast Team

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have had £39.99 taken out of my bank account by Avast Software. I received no email to say they were going to do this. I can’t understand how they can take that amount of money out so quick but can’t replace it. They can’t find my order or my email I have used the same email address for years. The thing I am concerned about is am I going to have this problem every year. I have given them my name address the last four digits of my debit card. I am really concerned about this. I am 74. Cannot leave the house due to ill health. I can’t get an account number because to them I don’t have one. I am going to have a really difficult week if I don’t get a refund. Can someone please give me some advice. Thank you.

Hi, Angela:

We'd like to help! When you signed up, there would have been a box indicating the software was set to automatically renew unless you unchecked it. Emails are sent out approximately 30 days prior to the end of your service to confirm you still want to renew. Instructions to cancel your subscription can be found here: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-Digital-River-auto-renewal

Please contact us privately with your email address and full name so we can help further.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I installed the app and I noticed changes with my phone immediately. It operated slower and could not access many apps. I called technical support and they informed me the app doesn't work for Android. I was not aware of this when the app was offered after I purchased Avast Antivirus for my new computer. When I installed the app I understood there would be ads. I assumed this would be when I was actually in the app scanning for viruses. The ads are far more intrusive. The ads are full screen in size and can show up on your phone at any time. They can interrupt any app you're in, even when texting. I uninstalled the app and the ads still appear. Customer service was very frustrating. They said I'd have to take my phone to Sprint to get the ads to stop showing up. I'm still waiting for the refund to post to my account. I do not recommend.

Hi, Rosa:

Thank you for reaching out! We're sorry to hear you had issues with your software and want to help. We'd also like to find out who you called as our Avast Antivirus for Android does work on Android phones and signing into your Avast account should have activated your upgraded benefits (including the removal of ads in the mobile software). Please contact us privately with additional details.

-Avast Team

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I downloaded it to check. I could not uninstall - as time goes on, it gets worse. IT will cause you to lose 50% of your time if you work on the computer like I do. I can track my past 2 months to be a total waste of time waiting for the internet. I finally opened the program interface and searched each setting. There is a setting that allows 3rd party companies to trace all of your moves. I don't remember the info I read interpreted they allow the pro hackers to see and verify every single file they scan - hence why it is free. It give WAY MORE PROBLEMS than it fixes. I had serious deadlines, and did not know what was wrong with my computer. I calculated the difference and the computer will run like a 1999 dial up or slower. I noticed data rates and transfers were also extremely high.

Later I found 2 sites that literally copied my site, registered domain names and tried selling them back - it's a freaking disastrous program! if I count the weeks lost from slow connections - they will owe me thousands. They have to be linked to real antivirus companies. It's easy to become a hacker - Google how. Try it - it's just a matter of knowing how to do it. No special skills needed. They may be selling your info or allowing you to have it free and follow a Facebook format - let the hackers pay you instead - makes it easy for them. This program appears in my experience to BE THE HACKER machine where they charge for your info.

Hi, Dennis:

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to help ease your concerns about what happens with your information as you security is our primary objective. You can find our Privacy Policy here: https://www.avast.com/privacy-policy

If the traditional uninstall method isn't working for you, we offer a utility here that will: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Antivirus-Utility

If you have any additional questions, we would be happy to assist you directly.

-Avast Team

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Updated on 02/14/2019: After my review here I was asked to contact you privately. But what do you mean by that? I can't seem to contact you here and if you mean write an email to Avast customer service, well I have done that several times and filled in forms, but nobody is replying to me, it's ridiculous. That's why I came here in the first place. So now what do I do? Where do I message you privately?

Original Review: Have emailed and filled in forms several times now, but no response so far. Why is it taking so long to at least confirm that my mail is received? Possibly one of the worst customer services ever. At least let me know my email was delivered and being reviewed.

Hi, Ben:

We apologize for the delay and would be happy to help! Please contact us privately with any questions or issues you're experiencing, your full name, and contact email address. If it's something we can't address directly, we'll get it forwarded to the team that can!

- Avast Team

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have nothing against Avast as a product, my complaint is against customer service. More specifically, the refund department. I am scheduled to receive my refund - in 5 to 7 business days, and I'm extremely unhappy with that, as that seems like an overly long time to receive a refund. I mean, they were able to immediately charge me, so why the delay?

Hi, Pamela:

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Recently purchased and downloaded Avast Security Pro and Avast SecureLine and when I logged on to the company's website to note the status of my account, noticed only the SecureLine license was noted under the purchased licenses. Called customer service on a weekend morning (10:15 a.m. local) and after being on hold and waiting 45 minutes to speak with an operator was able to speak long enough to pass my contact info in case the call dropped and my email associated with the account. Just as we were talking about confirming the email account the call dropped out. It's been over 20 minutes and no call back.

Hi, Chris:

We're sorry for the inconvenience and would like to help! Please contact us privately with your full name, Avast account information, your purchase receipt for Avast Security Pro, and your preferred contact email address. Please include the number you dialed so we can ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support.

-Avast Team

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I used Avast in the past and had no problems with it, and the only problem I have now is that when I start up my computer, and click to bring up Google, 2 websites pop up... Google, as expected, and the Detroit Public Library, as not expected. How can this be fixed?

Hi, Robert:

Our software wouldn't be bringing up the DPL website. Have you checked your Google settings? We'd recommend clearing the cookies and history in your browser, then rebooting your computer.

-Avast

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I paid for my Avast but the annoying pop-ups keep coming every other day trying to sell me -- If I paid for this, why am I being asked to pay more to resolve things? Just does not make sense. I would recommend that Avast include everything in the price of their software and drop the pop-ups trying to sell more stuff.

Hi, Karen:

While we do occasionally let our customers know about our other products (including our other antivirus software packages, optimization products, etc), these notifications can be adjusted by clicking Menu>Settings>General>Personal Privacy and unchecking the corresponding boxes.

If you have any additional questions, we'd be happy to help! You can reach us privately here.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Hi, I have started a 60 days free trial. After that I realized that my money gone away. I did a refund request, but I dont have the Credit Card that I used to 60 days free trial anymore, so if they will send my money back I will not get it, because that Credit Card was cut off. I have tried to email the company, but without any help. What should I do, please help me?

Hi, Zsolt:

Please contact us privately with your full name, Avast account information, which product, the amount billed, and your preferred email address and we'll be happy to help!

-Avast Team

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I'm using free Avast Protection. Recently, Avast has interfered with my computer by replacing Adobe Reader with its Avast Browser for reading PDF files. It has made it impossible to use any other programmes for reading PDF files, preventing me for installing Adobe Reader again and actually making Adobe disappear as an option for reading PDF files. I wonder if it is the company's policy?

Hi, Pawel:

Thank you for reaching out! Our software would not have replaced your existing product with our browser without your permission. There would have been a option when installing our browser to include PDF documents. Please check your default programs list in Windows for the option to switch it back. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us privately for further assistance and we'll be happy to help!

-Avast Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought an upgrade for my current Avast Pro Antivirus 1 year license to upgrade it to 1. The Internet security package, 2. To support three devices. Although the money was paid through my Paypal account, I didn't actually get the upgrade. It's not reflected on my Avast account or in my actually installed software, and yes I have tried reinstalling. I contacted customer support two times already and there hasn't been a reply for over a week. Absolutely unacceptable. Either give me what I paid for or refund me.

Hi, Yvonne:

Thank you for reaching out! We'd like to get this resolved for you. You should have received an email with an activation code within 2-3 days after purchase once the transaction cleared. Please contact us directly and let us know where you purchased the upgrade from (a link would be helpful if it was not purchased through your Pro software), date of purchase, your Avast account information, your full name, and preferred contact email address.

-Avast Team

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have purchased your Avast Internet Security but pop ups occur periodically that problems are occurring with speed, password security, etc. When I click "fix" I am forwarded to purchase other products. Several months ago I tried a free trial of the Avast cleanup, which I am told by your technical department that it is not the same as internet security, but for $119 more I can delete some compromising programs. I thought the Avast Internet security was the whole package and am disillusioned by the repeated "pop-ups" alerting me to "problems". My current subscription runs until 5/27 and am thinking twice about using Avast again.

Hi, Carol:

Thanks for reaching out! Notifications for our other products can be adjusted by clicking Menu>Settings>General>Personal Privacy area. If there are any components you'd like to add or remove, Menu>Settings>General>Troubleshooting>Add/Modify Components.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us privately and we'll be happy to help!

-Avast Team

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have been using Avast for a while with only minor problems other than the constant pop-ups trying to sell something. After the last update however BOTH of my computers were (are) screwed up really bad. It is impossible to remove all of the software as files are hidden all over the place. Believe me, I have tried everything to get rid of it with no success. I took one computer to a technician and it is even driving him crazy trying to remove all of the hidden files. He has been working on it for 3 days now. My other PC I am going to have to remove all of my files and reinstall the operating system to get rid of this junk. Oh, and Avast, don't bother replying with your standard "Let's get to the bottom of this and private message us to take care of it." I see you say the same thing over and over to everyone.

Resolution response: March 3, 2019

The company resolved the issue to my satisfaction and I appreciated the response. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am trying to cancel this anti virus protection on my mother’s computer. I unfortunately don’t have any information regarding her purchase of the product and she passed away in June of 2018. When I finally found a phone number to call the customer service rep could not have been more rude and unhelpful. I didn’t get the service canceled and am at a loss how to do that without an order number.

Hi, Laurie:

Thanks for reaching out! Our deepest condolences on the loss of your mother.

We'd like to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately.

Avast Antivirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Czech-based Avast was the first company to offer home network security and is dedicated to providing free antivirus protection to homes, schools and businesses around the world. Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, Avast also has locations in the USA, Germany, China, South Korea and Tawain.

• Keeps your online activity private: Avast won’t sell your private information to anyone, including the NSA, CIA or government.

• Unbreakable password: One unbreakable password protects all of your system’s other passwords.

• International: Find a business partner around the world who speaks your language and can provide local service.

• Saves schools money: Schools can get protection from threats and viruses for free without limitations on seats or time.

• Avast SecureLine: Avast’s SecureLine protects your iOS devices so you can maintain a secure connection on the go.

• No tracking with SecureLine: Avast SecureLine doesn’t keep logs of your online activity so what you do online is completely secure and untraceable.

• Best for: Individuals, schools and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Avast Antivirus Company Information