2.31/5
Based on 120 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

166 Avast Antivirus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Nowhere in any of the agreements, website, etc. does it say that it will charge you all at once. It says on the website they will charge you 1.69/month almost everywhere, and while it does ONCE say the total price, it does not say it will charge that all at once. Nearly got screwed over because of that. They're lucky my bank was understanding.

Hi, Naja:

We'd like to investigate this further and help clear up any confusion. Please contact us privately with the website address you purchased the software from so we can ensure you were dealing with a genuine Avast distributor and address this ASAP.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was in the hospital for a couple months. Came home and found on my PayPal account that there were three charges that I could not figure out what they were.I was in the hospital when these charges were taken out of my PayPal account. I called the number associated with the charges and the company sent me to Avast. I called the number they gave me and the man said he would look into it and told me he was going to scan my computer to see what was going on. He then showed me on my computer that there was some sort of hacking going on and agreed that someone was messing around in my computer. This took over an hour.

He then tried to sell me for $199 some sort of plan to fix my computer. I told him the reason I called was to get my money back and he then said well if I paid this fee that I would get my money back but I told him I wanted my money back because it had taken My account overdrawn which was very upsetting. We were on chat as well as talking on the phone. And he called me back more than once so I had his number. And I did call back several times and try to get him to help me resolve my issue or give me a phone number which all the phone numbers I have been trying to call are not working.

Then the worst thing was on the chat he said I said I had to go and he said, "Well when you want to repair your computer let me know" and wiped out the checklist said he had on my computer that told me everything that was wrong with it as well as my computer now does not work at all. Has no drivers. Has nothing and I can’t seem to get it fixed. I want this resolved right away. I can’t find a phone number to have find a person to help me so I’m going to go to the news station that helps people out in situations like this unless I can get some help in the next few days by Avast!

Hi, Denise:

We work hard to protect you from hackers, so we're concerned and want to help! We'd also like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support.

Please contact us privately with the phone numbers, support ticket numbers, description of the issue (dates, amounts of the PayPal charges), and your preferred contact email address and we will be happy to investigate further.

-Avast Team

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have had my antivirus automatically renewed and money taken from my account for it. I do not want further antivirus cover and have tried contacting Avast to get a refund. I’ve filled in multiple “contact us” forms on their website and emailed them and heard nothing back. The only phone number I found for Avast online didn’t seem to be connected to Avast at all. Really frustrated and don’t know how I can contact them to get a refund.

Hi, Catherine:

We'd be happy to help! Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, which product this is for (i.e. Pro, Premium, etc), billing information, and your preferred email address. Please note: It can take up to 10 business days to receive notification of your refund once approved.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

One fine day suddenly all my stored password in AVAST was lost (this problem stays unsolved by their support till date). Now today I was completely blocked by AVAST from logging in to my computer. I keep getting some message that User Profile manager (?) is stopping me to log in to my computer. There is another administrator account in the same computer and I could log in using that. Even after uninstalling AVAST from the computer I still cannot log into my account. Anyone planning to use AVAST be careful about this. Maybe it's better to use other Antivirus software. I am using AVAST PREMIUM and AVAST Premium cleanup with Windows 7.

Hi, Pratim:

We would like to learn more about this unusual issue! Please contact us privately with more details about the missing passwords as well as information about the error messages you're receiving so we can help discover what the issue is as our software would not block you from signing into your computer.

Original review: July 30, 2018

After installation of Avast Antivirus, my computer will not shut down or hangs on shutdown. I decided to Google the problem to see if there were solutions. I was amazed at the number of Avast forums that were discussing this same issue. And Avast doesn't seem to offer a simple fix. I recommend that anyone uses caution before using or downloading Avast, if they don't want to alter the operation of their computers. Note that I use Window 7 but the forums also talk about the same problems when using Windows 10. My suggestion is to stay away from Avast!

Hi, Terry:

We'd like to get more information about the issue you're experiencing so we can investigate further. Please contact us privately with information about which version of Windows 7 you're running, which Avast product (Free, Pro, Internet Security, etc) and version number, and your preferred contact email address and we'll be happy to help!

-Avast Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avast Antivirus?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 30, 2018

I downloaded the 60 day free trial giving my PayPal details. They asked for my email... 'So they could send me a verification code and details for how I could cancel the subscription before the trial ends'. But no email arrived. I am annoyed because I do not want a year's subscription and yet I have no details back of how to cancel it.

Hi, Ann:

We'd love to help! It's possible your spam filter may have blocked the email. If it's not in that folder, please contact us privately with your Avast account details, the date your free trial began, and your preferred email address and we'll be happy to work with you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 27, 2018

Bought a 3 year subscription, installed it, and now I am unable to scan documents to my network folder, unless I turn off the firewall, that on its own. Doesn't bother me really, I've no doubt it can be fixed. What really annoys me though is that after buying that subscription, the third party support team are trying to now sell me another subscription for their support!! And it's not just $10 either, in fact $139 for a one off, or $239 for a 1 year subscription, all for the pleasure of having somebody there to fix an issue which is 100% being caused by them... Forget it Avast, this is going to the ACCC.

Hi, Adam:

Thank you for reaching out! We'd like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support. Please contact us privately with the phone number you called and any ticket information you may have received.

We'd also like to assist you with your firewall settings, so please include any error messages, your observations, troubleshooting you've done so far, etc, and we'll be happy to help!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 24, 2018

I have until August 2, 2018 to cancel. I tried to cancel the free trial and it said on the website, ''We're sorry, we couldn't cancel your Auto-renewal subscription." Said something went wrong. Now there is no cancel button, only a renewal button. I went to retrieve a ID I never received in an email for the cleanup trial and it said to enter my e-mail and last 5 numbers on credit card used. Well when you get to the spot to enter those numbers it tells you to enter the last 4 numbers. Only 4 numbers are allowed. It said my information was invalid. My card numbers and email haven't changed. This is frustrating that this company won't let me cancel your free trial membership. What can be done??

Hi, Bobby:

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us privately with your full name, email address, and Avast account information and we'll be happy to get this resolved for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 16, 2018

I had McAfee and Norton and I keep getting emails and phone calls that said my computer was infected with a virus. I downloaded Avast free, found no virus. Ok I purchased several systems from Avast. One cost me 53.87 dollars, the other cost 64.44 on 6/25/2018. I installed them and ran them. Result no virus. Then today 7/15/2018, I got a notice that my free subscription was expiring. I called Avast help line and asked them why my antivirus had not changed from free to the ones I bought. They told me they had to take control of my computer to fix multiple problems.

It took about two and 1/2 hours of me stuck in front of my computer and they just deleted the cookies and other waste stuff. They wanted me to purchase another 100 dollars worth of coverage for a couple of years. I said no. They keep trying to get me to purchase this about 1/4th of the time. This cost me 110 dollars to make the paid software to work on my computer. I told them this was like a scam. My computer worked fine before me shopping for a new antivirus software. They said they speeded up my computer, maybe it is faster but not that I can tell. Fair warning to others out there. I feel like I was scammed. I had used Avast years ago with no problems like this and it was free, like the advertisement.

Hi, Harold:

It sounds like your software may not have been registered fully and that's why you're receiving the trial notifications. Click Menu>My Licenses>Enter a valid activation code. You can find your code in your confirmation email or in your Avast account.

We'd also like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support. Please contact us privately with more details so we can look into this further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 14, 2018

Usually I get 3 years out of a computer and I used to use free AVG but even that was slowing my computer so I tried Avast and have had tons of freezes where I had to hard boot. Yesterday I noticed that suddenly an icon showed up for Avast browser which I did not authorize to show up on my computer so I uninstall it, tell them that they suck and sure enough all of a sudden I have an icon for Avast password that I did not purchase, did not authorize or anything. Now I’m trying to uninstall the entire Avast security and it is taking forever. At this point I might have to reload Windows and completely start from scratch. Good thing I didn’t have too much on this computer but I’ve only had it for six months and like I said they usually last me for three years and that was when I was In school and doing a lot of different websites, doing research, Avast sucks. Don’t get it.

Hi, Lora:

We're sorry for any confusion. There would have been a check box during installation to decline the browser. Our new upgraded browser was released recently and was designed to give you an extra layer of protection when surfing the Internet.

Passwords comes with all versions of our antivirus products for free. Clicking Menu>Settings>Components>Privacy>Passwords>Uninstall Component will remove it.

Please contact us privately with any other questions and we'll be happy to help!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I bought a £19.99 product yesterday and when I phoned and expressed dissatisfaction I was told I could have a refund if I bought a better product. I have not had the refund yet. I was talked through on the phone how to delete the first product and I then bought Premier. It has fixed almost none of the faults it found during its first scan. I was then invited to buy further products to resolve these. I phoned and said I wanted a refund as I did not want the product. I had to talk to 2 sales people who wanted me to buy their 179.00 product instead for support and I was on the phone for nearly an hour simply repeating "I want a refund". Finally I was offered a refund if someone from their office got onto my PC hard drive to delete their product. Naturally I refused that. I was promised a call from Refunds 3 hours ago. I have not had one. Why has no one phoned me or emailed me? This company has appalling customer service. I will not recommend it to anyone else.

Updated on 07/03/2018: I have recently complained here about this company and their "sabotage team" came here to say contact them and they would sort it out. I had an email promising a refund. Most of their emails asking me to reply are "Non reply" email addresses. They said they would phone me to discuss this on Saturday. They did not. There is no need to talk to me, just refund me as you promised. They waited until Monday when they phoned at 5.09 on my mobile number and 5.12 on my landline.

I live in a really rural area with poor phone signals. When I did not answer either call Ralph the supervisor wrote "we have been trying to reach you now for several days now because we would like to discuss the subscription that you had on AVAST tech support dept. but unfortunately, after several attempts, we have failed to get in touch with you over the phone. We also send emails to ask for your best time so we can proceed with the troubleshooting. However we have not received any reply. We will now be closing this case." WHAT A SHAM of a company this is. Disgusting... words fail me. They are stealing money from people and have no shame. DO NOT USE THEM.

Hi, Susanne:

Please contact us privately with your purchase receipt information so we can help sort this out for you.

-Avast Team

Original review: June 28, 2018

I downloaded the free Avast antivirus program. Then I decided to go for the Premium Avast program. I let it expire because I wanted to try PCMatic. I purchased PCMatic and tried to load it to my computer. Avast alert came on and said "Security Alert". The screen then went blank. I tried to reboot it and it said "no boot disk found or disk damage". I contacted PCMatic and they said that is was not their problem that I should contact Microsoft. I did and they said not their problem. I finally took the computer to a Computer Tech and he said that the disk had crashed. He replaced the hard disk. I now tried to contact Avast and apparently they don't have a real person to talk to. Only automated help with set questions. I think that Avast blocked PCMatic and then something happened to my hard disk. Who can be held responsible for this mess.

Hi, Sharon:

We're sorry to hear you had issues with your hard drive. As with any antivirus product, only one can be installed at a time on your system or they may cause conflicts with each other, but this would only affect the antivirus software from running properly. It would not have caused your hard drive to crash. If you have any additional questions, please message us privately and we'll be happy to help.

-Avast Team

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have been using Avast anti-virus on and off for a while now. I have used the free version and also upgraded to a £9.99 version and a £19.99 version (I could find the dates but that's irrelevant). I have paid through PayPal for my anti-virus but decided to go back to the free version as money is tight. I had the forethought to turn off automatic renewal ahead of time so that was good. I then had a payment for £39.99 come out of my PayPay account!! I disputed this with PayPal as I knew I hadn't authorised it. PayPal said it was part of a previous agreement with the Seller so they closed the dispute, therefore, the hold was lifted and the money went out of my account and to the Seller.

I requested a refund from Avast and sent several emails only to be told it was my free trial of CleanUp which converted after 2 months! I don't take those kinds of risks, but adverts are always popping up so it could have been done in error if they made it look like part of my anti-virus software. I have continued to complain, only to be told that once there is a dispute from PayPal, the money is removed from their account, therefore they can't refund it and they can't help me further. I am so angry at being fobbed off!! I'm not going to be using Avast anymore and will pass that on to friends, family and work colleagues to beware!

The money is with AVAST and they are happy to make money by tricking you and helping themselves to your money. I am reviewing any payments using PayPal now as my Bank would be more vigilant. I'm going to be going down the official complaint route, and verifying the payment with PayPal to confirm Avast has it. I also plan to warn people of this. I have paid £39.99 for a product I don't want, don't need and have removed from my laptop and they are quite happy with that.

Hi, Sharon:

We assure you we would not charge you for anything without your permission and would like to help resolve this for you. Please contact us privately with your payment information (date, amount, etc), your full name, Avast account information, support ticket information (if you have already contacted support), and your preferred method of contact (email, etc) so we can get this cleared up.

-Avast Team

Original review: June 25, 2018

I just purchased an upgrade to my drivers from Avast. I have no reason at this point to question the quality of this installation. However, getting the software installed and dealing with the aftermath was a major problem. Placing the order was simple and I got a receipt showing that the order had been accepted and paid for. However, the instructions for installation were very confusing so I called the helpline. The person answering had a thick Indian accent, but she seemed to know what she was doing.

I wish she had stopped after completing the installation, but she proceeded to deliver the hardest hard-sell I have ever experienced to get me to buy one of their three monthly support plans. "As a software engineer," she recommended the highest plan with a price tag of $199 per month. I declined to sign up, but I couldn't get her off the phone. Finally, I simply hung up only to have her ring me back immediately. She then insisted that I allow her to transfer me to one of her supervisors. Again I declined and finally hung up in disgust. If there is anything that is a major turnoff for me it is hard-sell and that's what I got from Avast.

Hi, David:

We’d like to look into the situation to ensure you were able to install Avast with no issues, as well as follow up on the call you made to support. Please contact us privately with the number you called, your order number, any support ticket information you may have received, and your contact email and we’ll be in touch directly. Thanks!

-Avast Team

Original review: June 21, 2018

This is the first time I've encountered an "error" while trying to purchase Avast Premier good for 3PCs. I've tried purchasing through the desktop app through my Avast account. BOTH gave me the screen error of "PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION FAILED". Since it's the first time I have ever contact Avast for such matters, I didn't expect the poor service they will give me as a long time client. I managed to give them "proofs" and yet, they still ask me for more. And guess what? It failed on the screen, but when I checked my bank account, boom! There were 2 fund transfers with the amount exactly like the Avast Premier's price. Avast is a good product, believe me. But the service? I cannot guarantee.

Hi, Jessa:

We're sorry to hear you had issues with your renewal and would like to get more information. Please contact us privately with additional details.

-Avast Team

Original review: June 20, 2018

When Microsoft installed Avast Business Antivirus Professional Plus In February, it caused almost immediate problems with the internet. Internet could no longer be accessed. This went on for a while. The technical support suggested I remove it completely and reinstall it. It made no difference. As time went on it completely blocked internet and the email. I finally had to bring the computer in for repair. It was suggested that this program was not compatible with my computer. It was completely removed and another antivirus installed. Problem was resolved. It caused me a lot of trouble and time and money. I asked Avast several times to refund my $109. They never replied. I may have to resort to legal actions.

Hi, Peter:

Our business team would like to work with you directly on this to make sure your issues have been resolved -- have you been in contact with business support? Please feel free to reach out to them directly here (https://www.avast.com/business-support-contact-form.php ) so we can get a case started for you. As many details as you can provide will be helpful, such as the make/model/Windows version of your machine. We appreciate your patience and support!

-Avast Team

Original review: June 19, 2018

Didn't download it... it was attached to something else. When you try to use the 30 free trial. They want a credit card. Can't use it unless you do. So what is free? Can't remove it without downloading yet another program. Basically is useless unless you give them a credit card. So they can charge you for it later. I wouldn't give it a 1 star but there is no minus stars. If there was I would surely give it -5. Run from this application, and good luck uninstalling it. WHAT A HEADACHE TO UNINSTALL... COULD HAVE BEEN MADE MUCH SIMPLIER. BUT THEN again if it was they couldn't get your card number.

Hi, John:

If you're referring to our Avast Free software, we assure you it will continue to protect your computer from viruses, malware, etc, for free for as long as it's installed on your system. Upgrading is entirely optional and no credit card is required for our free antivirus protection.

-Avast Free

Original review: June 18, 2018

This is relevant to the review. People expect the company to be honest. I installed it about 6 weeks ago. Within few days I thought I'd try Clean-up. Hey, it said I had 30 day free trial. Not impressed, I uninstalled it. About a month later I was billed via PayPal, even though I uninstalled it with a few days. I'm still trying to get some response from Avast, let alone a refund. BEWARE.

Hi, Noel:

We would not charge you without your consent. Uninstalling the software on its own does not cancel your subscription. We'd like to help resolve this for you. Please contact us directly so we can further assist you.

-Avast Team

Original review: June 11, 2018

My computer began slowing down and videos were freezing up. I tried Avast Boot Scan for the first time, and now my computer is having serious freezing/locking up issues ALL OVER!! So, I'm in the Dominican Republic, and the only number I see listed is the 844 number. Tried googling for an AVAST international number to call but there isn't one. Biggest surprise is these non-customer service professionals have a chat room where I can contact a tech. THIS IS UNHEARD OF!!

So, in a nutshell, my computer is locking and freezing in all websites and videos due to running their boot scan for the first time, I can't contact customer service because these unprofessionals don't have an international phone number on their website??? And lastly, NO CHAT ROOM FOR TECH???!!! What the devil??? For minimal customer service, I'll need someone from Avast (preferable a tech) to contact me with their E-MAIL ADDRESS so that I can contact them and perhaps get the problem resolved completely. Also, I'm continually having to cut the VPN on, and I want it on AT ALL TIMES. I have the setting on for this, but it still keeps shutting off.

Update on 6/15/2018: I used the contact information Avast gave me in response to my complaint on this site to let them know my issues on 11 June 2018. I filled out my contact information. I was given the order number **. It's 15 June 2018 and I still haven't received an e-mail. I made it very clear that e-mail is the only way I can be contacted. I'm still waiting, as my videos won't start, and when they finally do start they immediately start freezing. This problem began after my first use of the Avast boot scan. Still waiting

Avast Antivirus response

Hi Mason, we'd love to work with you directly on the issues you're having. We assure you that running a boot time scan wouldn't cause any issues on your PC -- however, it may remove or solve an infection if it is able. Also, for SecureLine VPN, you can't yet have it auto-start with Windows but we are working on that :) On Mac, you can configure auto-start.

Please message us with your Avast order number and contact email so we can work with you further! -Avast Team

Original review: June 10, 2018 ALL MY DESKTOP FILES GONE!! AVAST CANNOT EVEN RETRIEVE THEM! What a waste of time and money. After Avast recommended I clean up my PC 100% It did more! It deleted my desktop files and can't recover them now, after I contacted the technical department - they informed me they are now irretrievable!

After reading all the online reviews at various review sites I realize now that I have made a BIG mistake in choosing this company. It appears that it used to be a good product but judging from other reviewers online - apparently NOT. I guess my files are gone forever and one would expect a company to have some sort of retrieve files tool in their product. Considering my time and money spent and especially the missing files this is a huge disaster!!!

Hi, Denis:

We assure you our software would not delete any files without your permission. You may be able to restore your files by clicking Protection>Virus Chest, check the files to restore, click the drop down arrow next to "Delete", and click restore.

The Rescue Center also allows you to undo certain changes made by Cleanup Premium (click the rescue icon on the right side of the Cleanup Premium interface).

If you require further assistance, please contact us privately.

-Avast Team

Original review: June 9, 2018

I keep getting notified my Avast is about to expire. I was recently charged over $70 for this program, and started a review of the credit card charges associated with Avast. I have been overbilled since 2013! I had a go around with this company at the end of 2013 for a refund. I never received a credit, but did receive a letter from Avast stating I was approved for refund. I will now delete this program. Like many others, I work two jobs and have no time to dispute all of these charges. This is the reason so many online "companies" can make undeserved money. We simply do not have enough time, and end up conscientiously paying our bills without enough scrutiny, which is the BIG problem today! It really hurts the ethically conducted businesses who use the Internet for sales. This experience with online purchases and many others I've fallen victim to, sends me to brick and mortar, and REAL people.

Hi, Linda:

We would like to get more information about this. It's likely you originally purchased the software at a discounted "new customer" price. All renewals are done at full price and you are given the option to automatically renew when first setting up your software.

Please contact us privately with more details, any support ticket information you may have received, receipts, etc, so we can investigate and assist you further.

-Avast Team

Original review: June 6, 2018

In the two-three years I've used Avast, I've been pleased overall with the efficiency of the program. I purchased their "Premier" package last year, and all was going well--UNTIL A Microsoft update blew my system into near oblivion, and in the rescue process many of my downloads were erased, including Avast. Today I called Avast support, and was led straight down the garden path by two individuals whose English was poor and motivation was clearly written in dollar signs. In the end, they attempted to hook me into an ongoing support program which would have cost me $200 beyond the fee I already paid. When I hung up, I had still had no Avast Premier, but I certainly had a VERY poor opinion of this money-grubbing company.

Hi, Jamie:

We're sorry to hear you had this experience and would like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support as support is included in our Premier package. Please contact us privately with the phone number you called and more details so we can investigate further.

To restore your subscription, simply download the Free version and insert your activation code (Menu>My Licenses). This code can be found under Licenses in your Avast account.

-Avast Team

Original review: May 31, 2018

Years ago the service was 5 star. In the past few years they've sourced it out and it's impossible to know what co. you're dealing with. If you renewed, for example, on 6/1/17 another co. who handles Avast will send alerts stating that you're license has expired. There is no way to contact Avast to complain because of the other outsourcing cos. involved and it's impossible to know which one you've initially purchased the software from.

Hi, Louise:

A list of approved vendors can be found here: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Fraudulent-sales

If you have any additional questions, we would be happy to help! Contact us privately here and let us know.

-Avast Team

Original review: May 30, 2018

Avast is free, easy to download, and works equally as well, if not better than the programs that you have to purchase. My employer prefers it to all other programs and I use it at home as well.

Hi, Robin:

Thanks for choosing Avast for your security needs!

-Avast Team

Original review: May 27, 2018

I like Avast. I've had it for years. It was the first anti software I ever used and I'm still using it. I never had a problem with it that I had to call service dept. And it's free too.

Hi, Nancy:

We're happy to hear it! Thanks for being a loyal Avast customer over the years!

-Avast Team

Original review: May 26, 2018

I got a bad virus from Avast Antivirus and I have been trying to find another free one. Also, I have been trying to get one to help me not to hurt me if possible which I'm starting to think not.

Hi, Jacqueline:

Our software is designed to protect you from viruses, not give them to you. We'd like to get more information about what you're experiencing so we can assist you better. Please contact us privately with further details so we can help get this cleared up for you.

-Avast Team

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have used and trusted Avast for many years and have never had any trouble with this product. I have found that this software is better than Norton or McAfee. Avast Antivirus can be trusted and I recommend this software to anyone.

Hi, Joann:

Thanks for being a loyal customer over the years and for your feedback!

-Avast Team

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have used Avast over the last 5 years or so including the IP masking software. I disliked the IP proxy software as it would not work with certain websites I elected to frequent, and I don't feel Avast has the right to determine what sites I do or do not frequent. Other than this, I know their antivirus software is very robust and easy to work with, so I pay for multiple machine coverage. Great product.

Hi, Bill:

Thanks for choosing Avast! We're thrilled to hear you've been pleased with our antivirus software. You can add exclusions to specific URLs, files, etc, by clicking Menu>Settings>Exclusions. If you have any additional questions or require additional assistance, please contact us privately and we'll be happy to help!

-Avast Team

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have spent the last two days trying to get through Avast sales business team and it seems they do not care about supporting possible new clients. I have just spent 30 minute on the phone, after been transferred from Avast support team, waiting for anyone in the business department to answer the phone so I can ask a question about your services. I have a company with 45 employees that are in need of a solution like Avast (or at least the solution is in the information shown in your website) and it seems you (Avast) do not care or have the need of gaining more clients.

There is no telephone number to contact the business team. There is no UK number to contact the business team. After you get through someone on the non business side, their only suggestion is to provide a location US number. This is after answering a call made to Avast's UK customer support number (0800 085 4825). Their customer support team cannot think further from their script/training. Although your website offers solutions to Mac systems, your customer support team does not offer solutions for Macs. What is the correct answer? Not having a 24/7 business customer support is just unprofessional. If you ask me today, with the experience I have had in the last two days, I will never become customer of Avast.

Hi, Mr:

We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to help answer your questions, please feel free to respond to us here. Avast Business does support Mac workstations.

You can also contact our business team directly online; this goes directly to our business support team, who then will get in touch with you on your case:

Finally, you can message us here with your business case # for followup.

-Avast Team

Original review: May 21, 2018

I used this software for a group of computers for grade school students and didn't have any problems keeping the updating schedule and virus scans. I haven't used the customer support, but the knowledge database is helpful. I have found this to be the less hands-on software. Set it and forget it.

Hi, Silvana:

Thank you for choosing Avast!

-Avast Team

Not sure about Avast Antivirus?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Antivirus Software for you.

Avast Antivirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Czech-based Avast was the first company to offer home network security and is dedicated to providing free antivirus protection to homes, schools and businesses around the world. Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, Avast also has locations in the USA, Germany, China, South Korea and Tawain.

• Keeps your online activity private: Avast won’t sell your private information to anyone, including the NSA, CIA or government.

• Unbreakable password: One unbreakable password protects all of your system’s other passwords.

• International: Find a business partner around the world who speaks your language and can provide local service.

• Saves schools money: Schools can get protection from threats and viruses for free without limitations on seats or time.

• Avast SecureLine: Avast’s SecureLine protects your iOS devices so you can maintain a secure connection on the go.

• No tracking with SecureLine: Avast SecureLine doesn’t keep logs of your online activity so what you do online is completely secure and untraceable.

• Best for: Individuals, schools and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Avast Antivirus Company Information

1988
    1700 S Amphlett Blvd.
    San Mateo
    www.avast.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business