2.14/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

186 Avast Antivirus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

For sometime, I have been disappointed with Avast; most particularly when your "clean up" tool literally cleaned my computer. I had to have an IT person in to restore my pictures and other information from my external backup. I had an online support session with Microsoft this afternoon which apparently identified a virus that was undetected by your software and had literally slowed my computer to a CRAWL, a very slow crawl. Fixed. I never found Avast software updated automatically; always had to check and install updates. Pain in the rear. Just not satisfied at all; and, TO TOP ALL OFF, I still get to pay you for the remaining approximately 2.5 years of an unsatisfactory subscription.

Hi, Vicki:

Thanks for reaching out! Our Cleanup software is customizable and should not have cleaned anything you didn't mark for cleaning, so we're concerned and would like to look into this and your update issue further (as well as answer any questions you had about our software). We're also concerned about the potential virus, so please contact us privately and include more information about what Microsoft found, your Avast account information, and your preferred contact email address.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have been with Avast for many years. I thought they were a decent company. I recently was given a new quote which I thought was too expensive. I decided to cancel. I had problems removing their Anti Virus Premium, so I contacted them which is not easy to find. They said they are not responsible for the removal of their product. They would have to charge me $50.00 Canadian to have their Tech Support remove it. I agreed provided they could remove it and restore my computer back to proper with internet access.

They remove it but now that computer has no internet access and it took 2 days 12 hours in total, to leave my computer in this mess. It worked just fine before Avast worked on it. They were suppose to call me back and resume repairing it, I never heard from them. Makes me wonder if they install something in their Anti Virus that you can't leave, that disables your computer. Looking for a Anti Virus? You might want to avoid Avast Premium.

Hi, Michael:

We're sorry to see you go, but would like to help and also ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support! Please contact us privately with further details as well as your preferred contact email address and the number you dialed.

-Avast Team

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I am not getting anywhere with their customer service. Well... purchase Avast for £20 for one year and one PC... without knowing I was subscribing for a £59.99 bill on the following year, I nearly fainted and now that I want a refund they are giving me hard time. I open a dispute with PayPal but lost the case and they closed my dispute, after a few days the customer service says it's still under dispute and they cannot refund me and for me to investigate with my bank, what the hell is going on? I regret Avast forever. Will spread the word until I get my money back.

Hi, Maria:

The initial price you paid was at a discounted rate for new customers. We apologize for any confusion and would like to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, renewal receipt, and your preferred email address and we'll be happy to work with you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

This is the third year in a row that I have tried and failed to stop the automatic renewal of this product. The instructions in their online "help" pages do not correspond to what I am seeing on the screen when I try to follow them. There is NO option under my order details to turn off automatic renewal. I have not found a way to contact the company. If there is contact information on their website, it is not easily recognized.

Hi, Catherine:

We'd like to help! Please contact us privately with your purchase information and your preferred contact email address and we'll be happy to work with you directly.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This is about the BILLING, not the product. I signed up online for Avast Antivirus and selected the $19.95 package, plus, a free 7 day trial of their performance check software. I didn't want the automatic recurring charge for it, so I called and had that cancelled...or so I thought. I received a & 54.11 bill, which I realized only when searching for another charge.

I immediately called their customer service line, in the Philippines, and a man asked me for the reference number, which I gave him; said he couldn't find the transaction. Then he searched it by name and couldn't find it, then he said he had to search it by my credit card number, which I did not give him, as he should have had the other information without it and I greatly feared further inappropriate charges. I could hardly be more dissatisfied with the billing and the lack of documentation on their part, not to mention the fact their customer service rep couldn't find the charge by reference number, or by my name. That's just lousy customer service all around.

Hi, Bob:

Thank you for reaching out! We would like to ensure you were calling genuine Avast support, as well as help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with further details.

-Avast Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avast Antivirus?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

After being with this shower for over 4 years I got an email saying they wanted double the money to renew the licence for my internet protection. After downloading new updates and paying over 70 pounds for this. I found myself unable to open any of the files I had on my computer. Contacting customer service was a disgrace. They are only out to exploit you and make more money. I have a feeling, this is why their latest updates creates a problem for you. I honestly think these muppets are harming our computers, rather than giving us what we pay for. AVOID AT ALL COSTS GUYS. You would sorry if you ignore my advice.

Hi, EJ:

Thank you for reaching out! You likely received a special discounted price for the initial subscription. The renewals are at full price.

Our software should not have prevented you from opening your files, so we would like to look into this further. Please contact us privately with more information (including any support ticket information and the number you called so we can ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support) and we'll be happy to help get this resolved.

-Avast Team

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

How can an internet based company not have an email address or online help for potential and existing users? It beggars belief. Sadly Avast isn't the only guilty company. I have read a lot of the comments as I was going to come back to Avast on a special deal. By the sounds of it I'd be better off staying with the enemy! Again AVAST - make yourselves easier to contact. The hardest thing for consumers is deciding the best company to go with and a lot of you don't have the decency to make communication easy. Business 101...!

Hi, Ben:

Thanks for your feedback! We'd like to help answer any questions you may have! Please contact us privately and we'll be happy to assist you directly.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I got a message from free Avast software that some technical glitches are spotted and needs to be fixed. In order to do that I need a premium account. I paid it through my debit card. But still, have not received any mail. My money is been withdrawn but didn't receive the license key yet. My mail id is: **.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Used to be modestly good antivirus, stopped viruses from downloading or connecting to the web. Advertising is false - I had the idea it would include my phone and then they wanted me to purchase separate software for that. I didn't. When it used to work, it took forever to run a scan and drastically slowed my computer - which has 4 gigs of RAM. Recently they made changes in the software. It scans EVERY file that opens on my computer, and must stop unspecified system files. It takes FOREVER to open EVERY web page at EVERY place in the page. Eventually the Internet connection breaks and it won't connect. Soon after that my computer slows to a crawl and then freezes.

I uninstalled, ALL problems disappeared. I reinstalled, problems came back. I uninstalled, all problems disappeared. Don't worry about what OS or browser, if Avast is worth money it works on all of them. Avast HAS no customer support, so don't even try it with the false offering to help me you plastered all over this page. I'm not interested in any case, your software doesn't work, so no amount of helping me will work. FIX it, and if you cared it obviously wouldn't be broken, so you're not going to fix it. Push me at ALL and I'll file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for a partial refund for the time on my license since YOU broke your software. Don't even think about it. Only resolution I ever want is for everyone to know not to buy this piece of junk.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Have used Avast for years without issues. After resubscribing Jul 18, started getting requests to enter my "Master Password." Except I didn't have one. Contact them... took over an hour just to get to the first rep. Had to PAY for them to fix THEIR problem. After multiple multi-hour calls with tech support, they said it was fixed and that they had "cleaned up" my laptop. Immediately noticed that MS Office Professional was no longer functioning properly... features missing. Contacted Avast again. After more digging around their answer was... "It's a Microsoft problem so call them." Basically washed their hands of a problem they clearly created.

FOUR Microsoft sessions later (over 9 hours) with their most advanced engineering support, they still couldn't fix whatever Avast corrupted. Limping along now by working from a previous restore point. Moral of the story, Avast was just fine right up until there was (what seemed to be) a minor issue. Their support is a joke. In my opinion, DO NOT let their tech support do ANYTHING to your computer. Microsoft DEFENDER works just as well and is fully integrated/compatible. Suggest using it instead.

Hi, M:

Thank you for being a loyal customer over the years. We'd like to get more information about the issue you experienced as well as with your support experience. Please contact us privately with more details, your Avast account username, and your preferred contact email address.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Avast Tech Scam. Trying to resolve an issue of getting cancelation notices on my product - you cannot speak with anyone - you get an email response and it is very vague in its explanation and the problem is NOT solved. The problem is multiplied by double billing. I have an account! A PAID UP ACCOUNT - and I am billed again (Auto Billing). I will STOP this auto billing and as good as AVAST might be - paying twice for the service - they can't be that good. BEWARE!! Horrible customer service.

Hi, Jim:

We'd be happy to help you directly! Please contact us privately with your billing confirmation numbers/receipts and your contact email address.

Registering your software can be done by clicking Menu>My Licenses>Add a valid activation number. If you've performed this and the issue persists, please let us know.

-Avast Team

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Despite unsubscribing weeks ago Avast have taken a payment from our Company account. Tried to phone them but you are in a queue for ages and then they say leave a number and we will call you back, which they don't. Emailed their CEO who hasn't responded, other posts suggests that the CEO was fined for Fraud in the US. Terrible organization and am going to report the matter as theft to the police, both in the UK, Germany and Czech Republic. Don't trust this firm.

Hi, David:

While we're sad to see you go, we'd like to help ensure your subscription is cancelled properly and help resolve this for you. Please contact us privately with your Avast account information and a contact email address and we'll be happy to assist.

-Avast Team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My computer stopped working properly after installing the most recent Avast update (version 18.6.2349) on Aug 21. Avast forums indicated that there is a bug in this update, after three reboots my computer got completely stuck when trying to access the "repair" function so I phoned Avast tech # given on bottom of my most recent order confirmation **. This was the only phone # I could find after extensive searching.

Spoke with Stephanie in Manila & her supervisor. Told her that this is a problem with the update. She insisted on doing a "diagnostic," found extraneous problems and said I needed an advanced diagnostic. All she wanted to do was sell me this diagnostic. Her supervisor came on and said that I could have a "special" price: $49 instead of $119. There was no other solution. I have the feeling that this isn't a tech service at all - it is a point of sale for Avast products. I have paid for Internet Security and I am wondering why it is not supported by tech service, as claimed. I wasted an hour having a very frustrating phone conversation and I am no closer to resolving the problem with the faulty update.

Hi, Gail:

We're sorry to hear you've been having issues updating your software and would like to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, a description of the issue as well as any error messages you may have received, support ticket information you may have received, and which operating system version you're running so we can assist you directly.

-Avast Team

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We purchased Avast Premier even though more expensive than most other antivirus software available and almost every time we use our computers we get pop up type ads telling us we need more protection and other products. It does a scan of our system and then tells us all these problems exist and we have to upgrade and pay more money and I mean a lot more money not just a few dollars for new software. We have already purchased a premium product we thought but apparently not, it's ongoing to upgrade to something else all the time. I have used most of the big reputable antivirus programs and have never been flooded with ads to keep paying more money. I definitely would not recommend Avast nor will I use this software again, very shonky company.

Hi, Mat:

Thanks for reaching out! Adjusting the notifications can be done by clicking Menu>Settings>Privacy and unchecking the corresponding boxes. If you have any additional questions, please send us a private message and we'll be happy to help you directly.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The program itself is good, but the tech support is totally crooked. When I upgraded from Pro to Preferred they didn't do an upgrade, they added preferred and charged me for both. I caught it in time (within 30 days) and called them. I was also adding VPN. They told me they will credit my account back. I saw the credit on my account, but what they credited me back for was the VPN and not the pro. (it costs the same). I kept telling them something was wrong with the VPN software and they said I would have to pay for tech support to fix it. I did. Still not fixed. Well, now the VPN is canceled and I now have both pro and premier. I kept telling them this, but they say the only way they could help me is if I paid for another year tech support. So bad on me, I did. Now they say it is too late to get credit back for pro and if I want VPN I will need to pay for it. $377 of runaround.

Hi, Theresa:

We'd like to ensure you were working with genuine Avast support as well as help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with any support ticket information you may have received, your contact email address, and your Avast account information and we'll be happy to assist!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Worst software ever. Hijacked my router and wouldn't give me access. Blocked ALL my devices at home from wifi, nowhere in the setup to fix it. Spent 7 hours trying to solve it. Guess what - solution very simple - uninstall the stupid software, what you know, all problem solved. Bought total AV and no problems. The hell with you Avast.

Hi, Mohammed:

We'd like to get more information about the issue you experienced. Please contact us privately with additional details about what version of our software you were running at the time, the version number of your computer's operating system at the time, and your contact email address so we can work with you directly to discover what caused the issue.

Resolution response: Aug. 24, 2018

I just got a phn call from Avast apologising for the 3rd party techs trying to get me to buy more un needed services and they are extending my Tech support another 3 months at no charge and they have prioritized my acct so this wont happen again.The young woman I spoke with in the managerial dept for tech services was extremely polite and professional and I am very happy to have this problem to my satisfaction as I DO like all the avast services I have been receiving for the past few years and now feel confident to continue all

my subscriptions for their services.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

This is a copy of the email I sent Avast regarding an experience I had with their Tech support. Ok , several months ago I had support help thru Avast to get rid of scare ware on my laptop, I ended up paying 200.00 (179.00US) for a year's support for 3 PCs... but never got any info on how to reaccess this service. Yesterday I was having problems with my PC so I contacted the support listed under your Avast tech support link, I was told I would need to pay ANOTHER 149.00 US to renew certificates to fix my PC... I called my bank as there was a problem paying for the service and they said I should totally disconnect my PC as it sounded a scam. Now I have to get a new bank card, change all my passwords etc as I don't even know if this was legit tech help... I find it suspect they asked for MORE freaking money after I pay for ALL your services and already shelled out 200.00 for tech support a few months ago.

I'm really upset this happened and how is ANYONE to know they have a REAL Avast tech person accessing their pc with all their personal info?? I then got a person who said they would "look into it"... that was 4 days ago and since then I have had NO responses to any more of my questions. As far as I know the Avast ph # I called (1-844-340-9251) is the legit Avast Customer Support ph #. I have really liked the Avast Products... but so far my experience with customer service when needed has been dog crap... and I can't recommend Avast for this reason and won't be renewing my subscriptions for the many products of theirs I have purchased.

Hi, Delolo:

We're sorry to hear you've had this experience and would like to get more information. Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, full name, any support ticket information you may have received, and your preferred contact email address so we can investigate further and help get any issues resolved.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I have spent hours trying to cancel my subscription, have tried everything on the website, have called customer service many times and never gotten a person to talk to, and have left messages on the "contact us" section asking for a reply. They have never responded. I also called tech support and talked to someone who would not help me, and I still have not had the issue resolved. I do not want this product anymore; I want to cancel the auto-renew and can't. I have tried to delete my credit card information, and they will not let it be deleted and continue to charge my card. I got the bank to refund the last time, but since I cannot cancel my subscription and Avast still has my card information, I am still trying to figure out how to stop this from happening again. I have never been so angry at a company; this is appalling service. Leaving a review in hopes that it stops someone else from getting involved with this dishonest company.

Hi, Danielle:

We're sorry to hear this and would like to help! Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, your full name, the name of the product you'd like to cancel, and your preferred contact email address and we'll be happy to assist you directly!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I tried to cancel subscription online but process was incredibly complicated so rang customer services - was given an incident number and put through to refund department. After 14 minutes of waiting, I hung up. Rang CS again and then given 4 different numbers - no joy with either and no answer from refund department. Appalling service. Still without refund and cannot cancel subscription!

Hi, S:

We're sorry to hear you're leaving us, but would like to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, which product you're canceling, your full name (first and last), and your preferred email address and we'll be happy to assist you!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have read all of the reviews for AVAST that were published this year. Although I found a few of them troubling, my experience with AVAST has been efficient and helpful. My observations are that the AVAST program works well for my WIN7-64 bit computer. I don't doubt that AVAST is a complex program, and there could be occasional problems, but I am very satisfied with AVAST.

Hi, Burr:

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Avast for your security needs!

-Avast Team

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Nowhere in any of the agreements, website, etc. does it say that it will charge you all at once. It says on the website they will charge you 1.69/month almost everywhere, and while it does ONCE say the total price, it does not say it will charge that all at once. Nearly got screwed over because of that. They're lucky my bank was understanding.

Hi, Naja:

We'd like to investigate this further and help clear up any confusion. Please contact us privately with the website address you purchased the software from so we can ensure you were dealing with a genuine Avast distributor and address this ASAP.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was in the hospital for a couple months. Came home and found on my PayPal account that there were three charges that I could not figure out what they were.I was in the hospital when these charges were taken out of my PayPal account. I called the number associated with the charges and the company sent me to Avast. I called the number they gave me and the man said he would look into it and told me he was going to scan my computer to see what was going on. He then showed me on my computer that there was some sort of hacking going on and agreed that someone was messing around in my computer. This took over an hour.

He then tried to sell me for $199 some sort of plan to fix my computer. I told him the reason I called was to get my money back and he then said well if I paid this fee that I would get my money back but I told him I wanted my money back because it had taken My account overdrawn which was very upsetting. We were on chat as well as talking on the phone. And he called me back more than once so I had his number. And I did call back several times and try to get him to help me resolve my issue or give me a phone number which all the phone numbers I have been trying to call are not working.

Then the worst thing was on the chat he said I said I had to go and he said, "Well when you want to repair your computer let me know" and wiped out the checklist said he had on my computer that told me everything that was wrong with it as well as my computer now does not work at all. Has no drivers. Has nothing and I can’t seem to get it fixed. I want this resolved right away. I can’t find a phone number to have find a person to help me so I’m going to go to the news station that helps people out in situations like this unless I can get some help in the next few days by Avast!

Hi, Denise:

We work hard to protect you from hackers, so we're concerned and want to help! We'd also like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support.

Please contact us privately with the phone numbers, support ticket numbers, description of the issue (dates, amounts of the PayPal charges), and your preferred contact email address and we will be happy to investigate further.

-Avast Team

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have had my antivirus automatically renewed and money taken from my account for it. I do not want further antivirus cover and have tried contacting Avast to get a refund. I’ve filled in multiple “contact us” forms on their website and emailed them and heard nothing back. The only phone number I found for Avast online didn’t seem to be connected to Avast at all. Really frustrated and don’t know how I can contact them to get a refund.

Hi, Catherine:

We'd be happy to help! Please contact us privately with your Avast account information, which product this is for (i.e. Pro, Premium, etc), billing information, and your preferred email address. Please note: It can take up to 10 business days to receive notification of your refund once approved.

-Avast Team

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

One fine day suddenly all my stored password in AVAST was lost (this problem stays unsolved by their support till date). Now today I was completely blocked by AVAST from logging in to my computer. I keep getting some message that User Profile manager (?) is stopping me to log in to my computer. There is another administrator account in the same computer and I could log in using that. Even after uninstalling AVAST from the computer I still cannot log into my account. Anyone planning to use AVAST be careful about this. Maybe it's better to use other Antivirus software. I am using AVAST PREMIUM and AVAST Premium cleanup with Windows 7.

Hi, Pratim:

We would like to learn more about this unusual issue! Please contact us privately with more details about the missing passwords as well as information about the error messages you're receiving so we can help discover what the issue is as our software would not block you from signing into your computer.

Original review: July 30, 2018

After installation of Avast Antivirus, my computer will not shut down or hangs on shutdown. I decided to Google the problem to see if there were solutions. I was amazed at the number of Avast forums that were discussing this same issue. And Avast doesn't seem to offer a simple fix. I recommend that anyone uses caution before using or downloading Avast, if they don't want to alter the operation of their computers. Note that I use Window 7 but the forums also talk about the same problems when using Windows 10. My suggestion is to stay away from Avast!

Hi, Terry:

We'd like to get more information about the issue you're experiencing so we can investigate further. Please contact us privately with information about which version of Windows 7 you're running, which Avast product (Free, Pro, Internet Security, etc) and version number, and your preferred contact email address and we'll be happy to help!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I downloaded the 60 day free trial giving my PayPal details. They asked for my email... 'So they could send me a verification code and details for how I could cancel the subscription before the trial ends'. But no email arrived. I am annoyed because I do not want a year's subscription and yet I have no details back of how to cancel it.

Hi, Ann:

We'd love to help! It's possible your spam filter may have blocked the email. If it's not in that folder, please contact us privately with your Avast account details, the date your free trial began, and your preferred email address and we'll be happy to work with you directly.

-Avast Team

Original review: July 27, 2018

Bought a 3 year subscription, installed it, and now I am unable to scan documents to my network folder, unless I turn off the firewall, that on its own. Doesn't bother me really, I've no doubt it can be fixed. What really annoys me though is that after buying that subscription, the third party support team are trying to now sell me another subscription for their support!! And it's not just $10 either, in fact $139 for a one off, or $239 for a 1 year subscription, all for the pleasure of having somebody there to fix an issue which is 100% being caused by them... Forget it Avast, this is going to the ACCC.

Hi, Adam:

Thank you for reaching out! We'd like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support. Please contact us privately with the phone number you called and any ticket information you may have received.

We'd also like to assist you with your firewall settings, so please include any error messages, your observations, troubleshooting you've done so far, etc, and we'll be happy to help!

-Avast Team

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have until August 2, 2018 to cancel. I tried to cancel the free trial and it said on the website, ''We're sorry, we couldn't cancel your Auto-renewal subscription." Said something went wrong. Now there is no cancel button, only a renewal button. I went to retrieve a ID I never received in an email for the cleanup trial and it said to enter my e-mail and last 5 numbers on credit card used. Well when you get to the spot to enter those numbers it tells you to enter the last 4 numbers. Only 4 numbers are allowed. It said my information was invalid. My card numbers and email haven't changed. This is frustrating that this company won't let me cancel your free trial membership. What can be done??

Hi, Bobby:

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us privately with your full name, email address, and Avast account information and we'll be happy to get this resolved for you.

-Avast Team

Original review: July 16, 2018

I had McAfee and Norton and I keep getting emails and phone calls that said my computer was infected with a virus. I downloaded Avast free, found no virus. Ok I purchased several systems from Avast. One cost me 53.87 dollars, the other cost 64.44 on 6/25/2018. I installed them and ran them. Result no virus. Then today 7/15/2018, I got a notice that my free subscription was expiring. I called Avast help line and asked them why my antivirus had not changed from free to the ones I bought. They told me they had to take control of my computer to fix multiple problems.

It took about two and 1/2 hours of me stuck in front of my computer and they just deleted the cookies and other waste stuff. They wanted me to purchase another 100 dollars worth of coverage for a couple of years. I said no. They keep trying to get me to purchase this about 1/4th of the time. This cost me 110 dollars to make the paid software to work on my computer. I told them this was like a scam. My computer worked fine before me shopping for a new antivirus software. They said they speeded up my computer, maybe it is faster but not that I can tell. Fair warning to others out there. I feel like I was scammed. I had used Avast years ago with no problems like this and it was free, like the advertisement.

Hi, Harold:

It sounds like your software may not have been registered fully and that's why you're receiving the trial notifications. Click Menu>My Licenses>Enter a valid activation code. You can find your code in your confirmation email or in your Avast account.

We'd also like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support. Please contact us privately with more details so we can look into this further.

-Avast Team

Original review: July 14, 2018

Usually I get 3 years out of a computer and I used to use free AVG but even that was slowing my computer so I tried Avast and have had tons of freezes where I had to hard boot. Yesterday I noticed that suddenly an icon showed up for Avast browser which I did not authorize to show up on my computer so I uninstall it, tell them that they suck and sure enough all of a sudden I have an icon for Avast password that I did not purchase, did not authorize or anything. Now I’m trying to uninstall the entire Avast security and it is taking forever. At this point I might have to reload Windows and completely start from scratch. Good thing I didn’t have too much on this computer but I’ve only had it for six months and like I said they usually last me for three years and that was when I was In school and doing a lot of different websites, doing research, Avast sucks. Don’t get it.

Hi, Lora:

We're sorry for any confusion. There would have been a check box during installation to decline the browser. Our new upgraded browser was released recently and was designed to give you an extra layer of protection when surfing the Internet.

Passwords comes with all versions of our antivirus products for free. Clicking Menu>Settings>Components>Privacy>Passwords>Uninstall Component will remove it.

Please contact us privately with any other questions and we'll be happy to help!

Avast Antivirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Czech-based Avast was the first company to offer home network security and is dedicated to providing free antivirus protection to homes, schools and businesses around the world. Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, Avast also has locations in the USA, Germany, China, South Korea and Tawain.

• Keeps your online activity private: Avast won’t sell your private information to anyone, including the NSA, CIA or government.

• Unbreakable password: One unbreakable password protects all of your system’s other passwords.

• International: Find a business partner around the world who speaks your language and can provide local service.

• Saves schools money: Schools can get protection from threats and viruses for free without limitations on seats or time.

• Avast SecureLine: Avast’s SecureLine protects your iOS devices so you can maintain a secure connection on the go.

• No tracking with SecureLine: Avast SecureLine doesn’t keep logs of your online activity so what you do online is completely secure and untraceable.

• Best for: Individuals, schools and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Avast Antivirus Company Information