Avast Antivirus

Compare Antivirus Software companies

Research top Antivirus Software companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought and paid for Premier Anti virus. When something slowed down and couldn't get my External hard drive to work and my PC Avast software. Tech support lady said she ran test and my computer is about to crash. That I needed a whole new Internal hard drive replaced. And her supervisor concurred. Yet when I went and did the research myself it was just a DNS server error and a USB drive reset. Had to spend 2-4 hours doing my own research to get Avast to work again. Why did I pay such a stupid company to protect and clean up my PC, only to have them tell me the wrong info and waste so many hours of my busy day? Unreal and totally made me not trust in their support and company.

Avast anti-virus for Mac did not protect my Mac. In fact Apple said it had bloatware that destroyed it's interface so it crashed and my back up had failed so I have to start with a clean mac. I had premium service for Mac as well as their private VPN (paid). I called Avast and they charged me $150 for full professional help. It did not work. The tech people disconnected and nothing was resolved until I took it to the Apple Store. It was temporarily resolved. The VPN did not stop anything. Also these tech guys told me to go to the post office and ship very close by and they would still be working on it but they were not. It's a joke. I am going to do a charge back on it. Because there was nothing premium about it.

In the end the whole Mac had to be reinstalled but luckily pics were saved in icloud as well as docs and google photos as well as other online storage services for doc but apps are gone and have to reinstall. On my mac free Comcast Xfinity bitdefender found malware but I could only uninstall three out of 5 and Avast found it to be clean.

My tech people that I go to locally on my Lenovo installed free Avira because it also crashed. They say all anti-virus software is a joke. But the free avira had so many ads and pop-ups to buy it that I decided that the devil I knew is better than the devil I didn't know. The premium paid for service is laughable. So I put in the Avast free now and it also has pop-ups. I mainly use the Mac so it's not a big deal but I use windows for other things like Office not too often.

I am very disappointed in Avast and think it sucks now. Their VPN is not an always on VPN so you have to reconnect it. It didn't intercept antivirus on my mac or my windows 10 (paid versions of both antivirus and private vpn on both). I now use NORDVPN on my mac and their tech team is USA based so they can understand me and I can understand them. I am not averse to dealing with tech people outside the country but these days things are a little weird so probably better to deal with people in the USA and Nord can travel with you world wide. It's an always on VPN.

It's just not Avast or Avira, it's all the anti-virus software. They now have free access to our accounts that's to our government not caring about privacy anymore so they know what we like and bombard us with pop-ups. However Avast did not work on either the mac version or the windows 10 paid version when I paid for both and the VPN. They didn't even discount me or bundle the deal but it wouldn't have worked anyway!

The one thing they were good at is finding malware in MacMail my gmail on that but my gmail on chrome never had viruses or malware so the whole thing is weird since I never read macmail but I can't remove it because Apple doesnt let me so that is where some of it came from. Even though I did not access it I did try to remove it. Apple seems to think that it's impossible for a mac to have a virus because of their firewall which I used instead of Avast's and Avast recommended it as well. All of this stuff should be supplied by the government anyway due to all that is going on with hacking and collusion somewhere with foreign governments. In government and business, transparency is the key and not spying on what we click on like in the old days. Times are worse for consumers than ever.

Wish I would have looked on here before dealing with this company. I'm writing this from my phone because I can't use my computer after running their cleanup software. I noticed a charge on my PayPal account from a company I didn't recognize or authorize. Looked into it and found out it was Avast. I have their free antivirus software but have never purchased anything from them. Called tech support because the number for customer service directs you to their website.

When I went to their website there was no account with my email. So anyway I thought I would call tech support and get someone to direct me where to go. After 30 minutes of a heated discussion with a tech and supervisor I stupidly allowed them to remotely access my computer thinking I would prove to them I didn't order anything. Big mistake. They pulled up the software and showed that there was an order. Again, stupidly, I thought maybe I or one of my kids accidentally clicked something and since they refused to refund the money I may as well get some use out of the cleanup software.

REALLY BIG MISTAKE!!! After running the cleanup, I can't do ANYTHING on my computer. That's when I googled them and found all the complaints on here. Another phone call to Avast tech support. I tried to remain calm but after getting nowhere with tech support or a supervisor I was furious. Told them I read several complaints similar to mine and I wanted a full refund. They refused. Again. They even told me it was because my computer is so old and out of date. It's a year old. How would they even know that anyway?? According to them the only thing they did when they remotely accessed my computer was look at their software. Unless they were looking at other things on my computer they would have no idea how old it is.

Anyway, I refused to let them access my computer again. Told them I was filing a complaint with the BBB and my local police department for fraudulent business practices. Told them I would file for a full refund and reimbursement of charges to get my computer fixed. They kept telling me it must be a problem with my operating system. I asked for the name of their parent company and the supervisor refused to answer. Just said "thank you for calling" and hung up. I'll be taking my computer to a local repair place in the morning and praying I didn't lose anything important. And will make sure NOTHING from Avast is on my phone.

I downloaded the FREE Avast Antivirus and they somehow got my PayPal information that I NEVER give out and over drew my bank account charging me $49.99! When you call the number you goggle for their contact number it goes to their tech support and they want to charge you $99 an hour to remove it from your computer! Good thing I already know how to remove it! I'm on the phone with them right now demanding a refund. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB. Do NOT EVER download their software to your computer. They will hack your bank information and PayPal information and rip you off!

I haven't been this aggravated in a long time! I experienced some problems in my computer after I lost all programs and local folders (minus my files) to a virus which Avast failed to intercept before it caused my losses. I had an Internet Security from them and it should've caught that bug. So I didn't complain about not catching that bug when I called but instead more important to me was to fix those problems. First of all I had a very hard time to understand their accent on the phone and it became a torture to try to understand them. I did my best and stayed on the phone with them for as long as they said they needed.

I explained in detail what the problems were but they insisted on a "free" diagnostic and as a result they recommended I buy their $150 yearly service where they'd be doing all kinds of improvements even though I told them I do all of that myself and only want them to fix my problems. But after so much persistence and offering to fix it for only one time $50, I thought well let me pay them. It'll be worth IF they solve the problems... Well, after spending so many hours on the phone and using their remote for diagnosing, etc. and more and more time on the phone... I was too tired to try it so decided to let my poor computer and myself rest until tomorrow.

Tomorrow arrived and the same problems were still there. So I called them, spoke with the supervisor and of course he denied everything until I told him I'm writing to the CEO, Mr. Vince Steckler. Then he said "Ok I'll ask the refund dept. and you'll hear from them." All of which was SO UNNECESSARY!!! For a lousy $50 they went out of their way to make my life miserable and convince me to buy that thing. The funny thing is I was thinking to get AVG instead but... I read that Avast is buying it!!! Hilarious huh? LOL!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avast Antivirus?

Do not purchase this Avast software! I made the mistake of purchasing the software for 2 of my computers. I purchased the Avast premier version. Spend over $100.0. The program did not operate properly and adversely my Outlook program. I spend an addition $199.0 with AVAST CARE customer support. I spend literally spend 2 and 1/2 days over 15 hours on live online support. None of the technicians could solve the problem. I got so disguised that I remove the software from both of my computers. Take this as a warning, DO NOT BUY!!!

I had used Avast for many years without problems, then at the end of May, 2017, the software vanished from my laptop. A call to their tech support lasted 3 hours to fix at a charge of 49.99. I told them I had already paid an annual subscription to protect my computer and they said that tech support wasn't covered. In essence, they had me over a barrel. After getting a supervisor on the phone and explaining my disbelief they were charging me for something their software should have prevented in the first place... She didn't waiver. Pay the 49.99 or NO FIX. Reluctantly, I paid the 49.99 for one phone call, then the same problem happened just one week later.

Another call to tech support connected me with a person who was not only hard to understand but was rude and robotic when I asked for answers. I have subsequently stopped auto renewal and requested a refund of my payments. Two weeks have passed and I have gotten NO RESPONSE from their billing dept. If they even have a billing department. This is blatant negligence... The company should refund payments and close their doors if they cannot deliver on promises. DO NOT USE AVAST... SOMETHING IS CRITICALLY WRONG. INTERNET THIEVES!

Okay! Angry beyond belief and a little paranoid. I had been a Avast customer for over 10 years. Upgraded my computer. Bought new from Best Buy. I called the Avast help number to properly install my product prior to doing anything on the computer before plugging it in and connecting it to the internet. Avast does a scan. Says that they can't install Avast because it has a Windows problem. I would need to upgrade my support to have the Windows repaired first!!! ** After a long discussion about how it is possible this happened to a computer. They said it had a Windows error that would cause Avast not to work properly. **!!!

So (THEY) give me a number of a certified Microsoft troubleshooting business that then does a scan and confirms that it has a Microsoft issue... So I admittedly stupidly, buy into it thinking that somehow I caused the snafu. In short after much deliberation I Buy support for them. Go 1 year 250 bucks. I get them to put the computer back to factory out of the box condition. And bring it back to Best Buy with some words of disgust. Wait it gets better!!! I'm then immediately plagued buy phone calls asking me about my experience with this second party company. They seem way too concerned as to why I haven't used their company to reinstall their access program on my new computer... I then go to my friendly Microsoft store. I purchase a laptop from them. Have them install all the software and assure me that everything is perfect... Call Avast BeFORe doing anything. Now they go online. I plug the computer into the internet exact steps here.

They do their magic, scan, take over my computer, show me some files on the Windows computer that are Windows files and won't allow Avast to work properly??? Sound familiar? I admit I flipped out!!! But really? Really??? Then I researched Avast. WTF. Their headquarters are in some sub province of a Russian satellite country. OMG. So now I put my tinfoil hat on and ** pray my bank info isn't being ** out to every dirtbag in cyberland. I reAlize that this text is a futile attempt. Being the company exists outside of our jurisdiction at all.

I refuse to install Avast at all on anything and if you, as others, have been manipulated by this company which seems to be the new trend of theirs. Complain at very least! I still haven't gotten my money back from Avast. I canceled my auto renew. They owe me a hell of a lot more than a year. Really people. Research this company then don your tinfoil hat and revolt against these cybercommies. All kidding aside it was an awful experience and caused by unscrupulous business practices. Thanks for the space to reach others. Real Avast rating -?

Had a problem three weeks ago with Smart Scan sticking on 71%. Eventually phoned after trying several times to resolve the problem. I was told there was something running in the background on my computer causing the problem. The response was, "It will cost you £90 to solve." My reply, "I'll take it to my repairer." How much will he charge? £40. Ok we'll do it for that. Speaking with them by phone, the standard of English was poor. I think the Philippines was mentioned. Took three hours to remedy. My renewal is due shortly. I've tried twice on the site to cancel, without success. Firstly they were trying to charge £59.99 and then I had a pop up for £19.99. Fortunately I paid by card. I've cancelled this card to stop any payment. Generally, a poor experience. Not to be repeated.

1st off anyone wishing to contact me via facebook I am the only ** in Stratford, Ontario. There are so many people's nightmare stories that I can relate to, one being Peter from Kingston Ontario and many others. Hope you able to contact me... It all started with my laptop running slowly and already had the free version of AVAST, anyways I run a dog sitting business from my home and do a ton of business on my laptop and could not afford to be down and my other tech people were not able to look into for me so contacted AVAST and at she talked me into the AVAST security, then that is when it all went wrong... My laptop started crashing all together wiping everything out doc's, pictures, files everything gone.

So needless to say she talks me into tech support another $159... Where she says they will fix. What is going on??? Umm yeah right, so then they get in there and tell me I need cleanup now. Well if that isn't even a worse joke, everytime the cleanup would run, it would totally wreak havoc on my system and slow everything down and upon completely shutting down my system for the night after a clean up I would wake up to a completely wiped out system again! Then the idiot tech support people who you can barely understand, constantly when you phone up do not keep records of umpteen calls and some different person gets in there and wreaks more havoc, kept telling them that it was cleanup and one guy took it out and then another day when I said, "Why am paying for this if it not even in my system" and he said, "It's not clean up" and reinstalls it again, grrrr...

Sure enough next morning completely wiped out again... Have been telling these people I want all of my money back and now am getting the run around on that. Have placed what they call a ticket into customer support with no reply as of 4 days, so now I am going to phone them tonight and dispute it on my credit card! In total ripped me off close $300. Total ripoff! Anyone wanting to compare notes feel free to contact me, think something should be done about these scam artists!

Avast has been wonderful! I had a router problem, I was told I had a virus. Talked to Felix at Avast. He showed me how to check the back of my hard drive to show if I was connected through the router or not. That a green light would be on. There was no green light. I called our internet server (after many calls where they tried to fix it via phone by resetting, which did not work!). So I told them what Avast told me. They came out and they fixed my connection. I had no virus! Thanks to Avast. I'm telling you, without their help my problem would NOT have been solved. Thank you Avast!!!

Few days back while working on my computer a technical glitch had raised and due to which executing of work had become tough. This is why I had dialed Avast contact number at 1-800-875-393 (toll-free) and interacting with panel of experts over there gave me correct solutions for all problems arising in my system. Really I am very thankful to management and even recommend my friends to contact them for 360 degree solution.

I don't even want to leave that 1 star!! Let me start out by saying how much I used to LOVE Avast!! I've been a loyal customer for... I don't know, maybe 10 years? Whatever - a very long time! Way back when their WHOLE package was built into 1 amazing product. It REALLY WORKED!! Then the company got greedy and broke up the product into separate parts... I was not happy, but stayed on anyway. Now, years later, I have found the cleanup program doesn't work as well as it used, to year by year. This year, I bought it for the last time. I did the free scan for my new laptop, it had a list of gunk to remove by their product, so bought it to find that the WHOLE LIST DIDN'T CHANGE AT ALL. It kept giving me an "error" message. When I called their hotline they said it wasn't their fault, but a Windows problem, I had to call Microsoft.

Ok... no more cleaner product. Months later (yesterday) I was using their "safe zone browser" (you know thinking it's all "safe" - right?) I get a nasty popup, using a form of ransomware from computer pirates. So before I touched anything, I called AVAST'S 24/7 hotline for help. You know what they did? They held their HELP FOR RANSOM!!! It was going to cost me about $100 for them to fix the problem!!! I said, "but I was using YOUR 'SAFE ZONE' they shouldn't have been able to get through. That should be covered by you guys!! That's what I paid for!!" They disagreed. They said it was probably already in my system. I said, "how? I have never used anything but Avast since I bought this laptop 2 years ago!!" (I even refused to use the anti-virus program my computer came with because I trusted Avast more!!)

So that was yesterday... I refused to pay. So I still have computer hackers looking through my computer as I type this right now. I will NEVER BUY from AVAST AGAIN!! And I had convinced all of my Facebook friends, family members, co-workers to use Avast as well. NEVER AGAIN. I'M TELLING THEM ALL TO STAY FAR AWAY!!!

I've purchased their Premium product for £19.99 a year. This one was a simpler version of their full Premium license. Within 10 months, I was charged another £44.99 saying that my trial subscription had finished and I was being renewed to a full Premium one. It doesn't matter how many times you try to cancel this auto-renewal on their website or which instructions you follow. It's just impossible. And what made me very upset is why they just upgraded the product I had without my permission. If it's auto-renewal it should be for the same product you had previously. Very unhappy with Avast.

I have purchased a one-year subscription of Avast VPN Secure Online, after a 7-day trial version. The trial version worked perfectly; however, once I paid the US$39.99 for the 1-year subscription. It did not allow me to enter the subscription number they sent me via email. I was with technical support for over ONE HOUR, spoke to supervisor etc... The bottom line: either I pay US$49.99 for them to fix the issue and allow me to use the US$39.99 service OR I am out of luck! DO NOT BUY AVAST SERVICES. DO NOT BUY AVAST SOFTWARE. IT IS A SCAM!!! Once I asked for refund, they gave me the runaround and did not provide me clear instructions on how I could get my money back. I had to call credit card and ask them to dispute the charge in my behalf.

My father passed away April 11th this year. He had purchased Avast Antivirus software in the past, but unfortunately Avast was set to automatically renew. Even though the credit card he had used was expired the software company still renewed this software on it. I sent a message to the people at Avast, but never received a response. Now my father's estate is in probate and I'm the executor. I just received a letter from Avast going through the courts to collect on this charge, which means I have to pay more money to have my attorney involved. I explained to them in my message that I could send them a copy of my father's death certificate, but I never heard from them. Avoid this company.

For 3 years I've had standing orders in place to pay for avast products on my phone. Avast SecureLine, Avast Mobile Security, Avast Cleanup pro. Today I had a problem with one grade. So contacted Avast which is quite difficult. And I was informed they did not have any account of me whatsoever... and that I must have been using their free products!!! I have my standing order account to prove otherwise... avoid avoid.

I bought Avast Antivirus on 13/05/17 with my credit card. They promised to send me an activation code. When I did not get any response until 16/05/17, I sent them an email. Today is 19/05 already and still no answer to my email (Ticket ID: [**]) and no activation code. How difficult can this be to buy an antivirus??? Would never deal with them again.

Subscribed with Avast for the security software. Kept getting "pop ups" wanting to upgrade, which I always declined. Finally, my PC died and purchased a new system which I no longer run Avast. Then suddenly without warning, I see my bank account hit for over 100.00 for 2 separate programs of which I knew nothing about, don't even use them anymore. Complained to my financial institution and via conference call, contacted the 800 number listed for the transaction. Got some "red dot" that didn't even know what company we were calling about and was very very hard to understand. Could not resolve and bank account was hit for the stated amount. The red dot said it was because of an "automatic" renewal of which I was NEVER made aware of. NEVER EVER will I use Avast and will do all I can to discourage anyone else from doing the same.

I submitted a ticket over 12 days ago and still haven't received a reply. All I need is a simple refund of $20 for a new computer that I decided to send back, so I no longer need the coverage for it. I installed Avast and 2 days later decided I wouldn't be needing it. Customer support line just sends you in a loop back to the website that they apparently never answer. SOOO frustrating.

It first started when I received my notice that my yearly subscription was due a couple of weeks, so I paid it. And they said I had to download the new updates in my premiere package. Hey, I have been with Avast for a few years so I did. Almost immediately I had a new "internet access" called "RealTek PCIe GBE" and it wouldn't allow me access for a few minutes. I thought I'd been hacked. Couldn't find what it was or what to do. So I had my guru come over. He said it looks like something in Avast and changed the name to "Internet Connection". But it still does this "I got control of your internet access Not you" stuff. When I first click on my browser it comes up server not found. No internet access. So I try again... and again it would not let me onto the net. But after about 2-3 minutes I get this message from Avast "YOU ARE PROTECTED!" and then I go to my browser and yippee I'm on the net, surfing and researching.

Now Tell me. What the heck is going on with AVAST with physically not allowing me to get on the net until they say, "OK we'll let you get on"... MY internet access is thru AT&T not AVAST. It was so bad that I had AT&T come out and check my lines and internet hookup and everything on the physical lines...! So I pay for a full year of service and now I am still controlled? Get me a broom. I need to do some serious cleaning... and Avast will be the first. GEEZ.

I purchased Avast Antivirus after reading overall positive reviews from different sources on the internet. I must say I had no problem with it at all and believe it done it's job well. However I was 'upsold' a 'clean up' product when my computer was running slowly and told it would DEFINITELY resolve the issues I was having at the time. Furthermore, I would have cover for a further year and in the event of any other related issues, could contact them again without having to pay anything. In total I paid around $100, although I'm in the UK and obviously paid in pound sterling using a bank card. Anyway I was transferred to a rep in the U.S who was pleasant and seemed knowledgeable enough, again advising me that my issue would DEFINITELY be resolved. I gave him permission to remotely access my computer to clean it up and at the end of the process - NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER!

When I called back to complain, I was not able to speak to the same guy, despite having his name written down, they simply told me they wouldn't be able to put me back in touch with him. I asked for my money back and was politely told that they had worked on the 'clean up' and as such the cover had been used and was now non-refundable! Even though it didn't do what I was told it would! I actually felt cheated! And I couldn't believe that a company with such a reputable name would behave in this way. I raised a complaint and it went absolutely nowhere! Bogus! That such a big company would resort to such barefaced lying to sell a product that didn't do as they guaranteed it would, is disgusting. Despite the fact that their Antivirus was decent in so far as I could tell, for me I don't want to give another penny to these thieves. I now use the free version of Avira.

My elderly father received an email from Avast that the credit card on his account was expiring and that he needed to update his info. The email included his account number and a password he would have to enter to update his account. We tried several times and received a generic error message each time. So we called the support number on the website and followed the prompts for help with billing...which is just a recorded loop telling you to go back to the broken website form. So, we called again asking for tech support. I explained our issue to the person who finally answered the phone, but she couldn't help, so we asked to speak to her supervisor, "Kadrine".

Kadrine spoke English well (better than the first person we were on the phone with) and tried to upsell us on a Premier account for $99 - offering us a "special price" not listed on the website. I told her we did not want to upgrade, just update our billing info (the credit card expiration date). She claimed they were unable to do this. I asked how she could have taken our money for the new upgrade, but not help us update our info. She had no answer for that. This is extremely frustrating and I feel they try to take advantage of people. I do not recommend this company to anyone, especially the elderly. I'm setting my dad up with something else.

I was very annoyed with AVAST yesterday morning, the day after the Easter bank holiday to find AVAST had taken 59 GBP from my PAYPAL account on Easter Monday (hoping I wouldn't notice?) with NO prior warning. I think this is VERY SHODDY business practice. PayPal say they can't do anything about it as I "made an agreement" a year ago (when the fee was 19.99 for the year which I was happy to pay). Ok if they have to jack the fees up x 3 that's bad enough but NOT to inform their customers of their intention, a reminder perhaps? I hope this information will deter some consumers from using AVAST products in the future.

I've used the free download and have had not problems at all. So I thought I would pay for a subscription for a year for better security on the internet. I downloaded Avast Premier and have nothing but problems. My computer runs a lot slower. Whenever I scan my computer I get a warning that my SSID and password are out of date and I should make a new one. So I did that, once and will never again, it still says that. Then I had to three times put in my vp numbers because I could not get on the internet with my laptop and wifi. I am not tech savvy so it took me a few hours to figure out what to do. I finally found it and after that it only takes me a half hour or less to fix again. It's been a day since I had to do that so I'm hoping it works for a while now. I just need to remember to cancel my subscription in a year.

Avast Antivirus is great choice going ahead. However there are different concerns identified with Avast antivirus. I have been using Avast Antivirus. It is safe. We totally depends on computers, tablets & phones and we surfing, socializing, banking & shopping online. So Avast Antivirus protects our system from virus.

I have used Avast for the past 4 years and have been a paid AVAST Premium user for one PC and 2 Laptops. I had no problems until two days ago, when I attempted to do a weekly scan of my PC, when I tried to start I got a message telling my the AV wasn't working. In my situation my Avast just quit working. I called support. The representative I spoke to took control of my computer to see if he could resolve the issue. About fifteen min into the call he informed me there were many conflicts on my computer so he turned me over to tech support but before anyone could do anything I was asked to pay up front for the service I thought I had paid for in 2016. I paid over $179 for 2 Laptops and one PC which I was led to believe included tech support.

At first she wanted over $140 for a subscription to the service since I didn't have that kind of money she continued to drop it down and eventually informed me the lowest she could go was $50 or I would have to live with the situation and not get it resolved. So I paid and was turned over to a technician who went through my computer and after 2 days (about 12 hrs) of total time, he eventually informed me that he could not resolve the issue because I was still using the Windows XP OS. He did clean up my computer, however he DID NOT resolve the issue.

I said all that just to make you understand the first person I spoke to and the Tech should have known the AVAST Software wasn't going to work on my system so now I am out $50 more and still cannot use the AVAST on my computer. If they told me upfront I would have told the first rep just to remove the AVAST from my computer. To me, this service is designed to get a customer's money no matter what! Since the original problem was not resolved I asked if there was a chance to get my $50 back. The tech informed me the payment was to clean up my computer not to resolve the issue. If the issue was resolved during this process all the better.

I volunteered to complete a survey. Avast pushed a pop-up advertisement half way through the survey. This is a new low from the marketing department. If they are going to use these tactics don't offer the free service at all. Not a bad product but there are plenty of competitors to go with.

I have a paid for subscription to Avast Pro on Windows 8.1. The most recent update (about 2 weeks ago) has caused by Oracle Virtualbox VM (running Windows 7) to slow down to such an extent, that it is affecting my development time. Even adding all the Oracle VM-related folders to the AV exclusion list had no effect. I had no choice but to "remove" it from my host OS and the speed difference is like night and day! Unless this is resolved soon, I shall not be using, nor renewing my subscriptions which is due 05/27/2017.

I have the basic free Avast. Downloaded a free trial of another product. 5 min later, says my license has expired. I run troubleshooter. Download "free trial" software to fix but don't get an activation code, although NOW they have my credit card. This has been going ON AND ON AND ON for a few hours now. I'M DONE!!!

Expert Review

Shelley ElmbladFinancial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.    More about Shelley→

Czech-based Avast was the first company to offer home network security and is dedicated to providing free antivirus protection to homes, schools and businesses around the world. Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, Avast also has locations in the USA, Germany, China, South Korea and Tawain.

• Keeps your online activity private: Avast won’t sell your private information to anyone, including the NSA, CIA or government.
  • Unbreakable password: One unbreakable password protects all of your system’s other passwords.
  • International: Find a business partner around the world who speaks your language and can provide local service.
  • Saves schools money: Schools can get protection from threats and viruses for free without limitations on seats or time.
  • Avast SecureLine: Avast’s SecureLine protects your iOS devices so you can maintain a secure connection on the go.
  • No tracking with SecureLine: Avast SecureLine doesn’t keep logs of your online activity so what you do online is completely secure and untraceable.
  • Best for Individuals, schools and businesses.

Compare Antivirus Software