2.78/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Avast Antivirus

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Avast Antivirus Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Avast installed without permission from me and without knowing which is an automatic one star from me. They also force you to use their uninstall software instead of having control panel delete it. It constantly sent me notifications that I have a virus, I have done multiple full scans with Windows Defender and it said nothing. And I also got this in an Adobe Flash scam, so they paid people to put something I don't want on my computer and wasting my time.

Hi, Hunter:

Thanks for reaching out! We can assure you we would never install our software without your permission. There would have been a box to opt-out during the installation of your other program. If you have any additional questions, we would be happy to help you directly.

-Avast Team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I signed up for a free trial and within an hour, they had upgraded me to a full subscription and charged my card $86. I called and cancelled subscription they added without authorization and got my money back. Took a while. Then on August 13th, I got two (2) $86.59 charges back to back that came out of nowhere. I called and talked with someone I couldn't understand well, but was told one of the charges would be refunded. It hasn't happened yet. Disputing with bank and Avast. It's a slow process. When this gets taken care, I will cancel my card. I was actually asked if I wanted to cancel my subscription!!?? Do not trust them.

Hi, Monica:

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to investigate what happened and get this resolved for you! Please contact us privately with your full name, contact email address, the charges that were placed on your card, support ticket information (if you received an email), and the number you dialed so we can ensure you spoke with genuine Avast Support.

-Avast Team

Original review: July 31, 2019

This software (AVAST Antivirus) got sneaked in my PC under Trojan disguise with another software I had installed. So ironical to have an antivirus sneak in like a virus. If it's quality software, allow it speak for itself and do not go forcing installations on users.

Hi, Roman:

We'd like to learn what software you installed that also installed ours so we can help resolve any concerns you may have as well as ensure it was an approved software bundle (bundles always have a box that allows customers to decline installation). Please contact us privately with additional details as well as your contact information so we can work with you directly.

-Avast Team

Original review: July 30, 2019

First of all, I have never submitted a bad review, but this one is needed. I installed Avast Premier on 5 computers, based on the recommendation from my husband's firm's IT Department. It was on two home computers and three at our office. The problems started at the beginning. My "computer guy" and I are now friends and he can pay rent for a year just from helping us fix issues with Avast.

Avast kept changing the network setting from "private" to "public" on our office computers every time a computer was updated or restarted. It took us FOREVER to figure this out. Lots of time and money. This is a problem because we couldn't share files or print to our printer. VERY FRUSTRATING. We had numerous other issues that were miraculously fixed when we disabled Avast. The latest problem was when Avast kept blocking my gmail account from syncing with Outlook. No emails would come into the Inbox or leave the Outbox. When I disabled Avast, after hours of trying everything else related to email accounts, it worked. I called tech support for help and to report this issue. Although the representative was very nice, he was not proficient with the Avast program. I had to walk him through several settings. After all this, I decided to uninstall Avast from all computers and explore using something else for virus protection.

This was the final straw. I subscribed to a three year subscription in March, so I have been dealing with problems for 5 months. I didn't expect a full refund but have been told NO refund. Seriously??? This company is one bad company that is out to prey on those that want virus protection and doesn't stand behind its product or care about the consumer. DON'T USE AVAST under any circumstances and stay away from this company.

Hi, B.K.:

Thanks for your feedback! We'd like to look into the issues you experienced as well as ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast Support. Please contact us privately with the number you dialed as well as any troubleshooting steps that were taken (repair/reinstall, etc), your full name, and your contact email address so we can help get this resolved for you.

-Avast Team

Original review: July 21, 2019

Once you download this virus, good luck in trying to get it off your computer. It doesn't provide you any protection, it just keeps offering you the products for purchase. Save yourself the trouble and don't download.

Hi, Melissa:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to help resolve any confusion. Our powerful core antivirus software is available in all our antivirus products and works nonstop to keep you safe from viruses, hackers, and much more! We do notify our customers of our other great features and products from time to time to assist in customizing our software to meet your specific needs. We'd be happy to help direct you to more details privately. Please let us know!

-Avast Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avast Antivirus?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Updated on 07/23/2019: This is the response to my original complaint about Avast computer security service that keeps renewing after declining the automatic renewal. So far I have spoken with the Avast people at great length. Many phone calls trying to get this charge removed from my Discover card. They say it’s Discover Card's fault. Discover card said it’s Avast fault. So Avast has given me 24-36 hours before any money will be sent to me - I’m not holding my breath. Sharon **

Original Review: Last March my Avast subscription was finished. I declined the renewal, but they renewed it anyway and put it onto my Discover card. I've called 3 times to uninstall the automatic renewal and I did cancel my subscription back in March. But they charged me for two subscriptions. Two separate charges. One was 65.99 and the other one was 54.99. I have put in a dispute to my Discover card. They said they paid Avast. Then they put the charge back onto my account. I can't get rid of them. So, a lawsuit is my only recourse. I don't want to pay a ton of money to sue them but I don't see any alternative to rid them off of my account. They will continue to renew that lousy company. I have had Norton for my security since last March, 2019. It's a catch 22. You can't get rid of them.

Hi, Sharon:

Thanks for reaching out! Please contact us privately with the purchase information (dates, amounts, etc), your full name, and contact email address so we can get this resolved for you. We also offer the ability to cancel your subscriptions yourself and we'll be happy to get that link to you, as well.

-Avast Team

Original review: July 14, 2019

I tried a free trial of Avast. I decided not to buy the product and cancelled (Before the renewal date). Avast charged me anyways. Considering they still charged me the antivirus software ought to work - but it is deactivated. I'm afraid you can't trust Avast to stop charging you when you cancel a subscription.

Hi, V:

Thanks for reaching out! You would have received an email with an activation code. Clicking Menu>My Licenses and entering the activation code will give you access to your upgraded subscription (should you decide to stick with us). If you'd still prefer to cancel, we'd like to help get this taken care of for you. Please contact us privately with your full name, email address, and purchase receipt so we can further assist you.

Original review: July 9, 2019

We run Avast Business AV and for no reason about 5 days ago the def's quit updating. Nothing changed on our network...just "Poof" no updates. The dashboard tells you on one line that all 90 computers have been updated, and on the next line it tells you that the AV def's failed on all 90 computers. We are a business and with all the users we have, sooner or later one idiot will click something...and you know the rest. Contacted Avast and was told it was everything from dropped packets to the firewall (the firewall is controlled by Avast AV!). Then for no reason the def's start updating. Takes forever for them to get back with you and this is not comforting as your AV def's get behind. I would look at another product. Jim **

Hi Jim,

We'd like very much to help you with this. If you'd like to message us directly here, it will be helpful to know the admin email of your Avast Business console (if you have a cloud managed version) or the specific versions of Avast Business you have installed, as well as the ticket numbers you received from support.

If you are on Avast Business cloud, you can also chat directly with support right from your console.

Please let us know, we look forward to getting things resolved!

Original review: July 9, 2019

HI. Recently I purchased two licenses. One is the Avast Premier and one more is the free trail internet security. But then later I don't want them due to few system issues. I cancelled both of them but then I don't see any confirmation of the same. According to 30 day money back offer please refund my money and also it's a request to please confirm my cancellation for auto renewal system for both of them. I tried all way but I have proper confirmation. So please respond. Thank you.

Avast Antivirus response

Hi there, we'd like to help you out directly. If you prefer, you can send us a direct message here with your purchase email and your sales ID numbers, and we can work from there. Or, you can reach out to official Avast support here -- and our team will look into your issue directly.

We look forward to getting things resolved and thank you for reaching out!

Avast Team

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 8, 2019

Updated on 7/9/2019: To be continue (part II). They still asking for the purchase ticket, I did Reply them the purchase ticket by e-mail. Seems they do not recognize of the purchase... Also was attached here in ConsumerAffairs the ticket as proof of the purchased in (part I). Their customer service is not good and very slow to resolve any issue.

Original Review: I bought an Internet Security service and didn't obtain the service. I paid them and they are avoiding its duty. E-mail after e-mail they do not recognize the payment did and avoid its duty. Order#: **. Payment done on 07/02/2019. I want to aware you all folks to avoid doing transactions with them. They may fraud you as happened with me. Be careful!! And aware to others that it is not reliable company.

Hi, V:

Thanks for reaching out! Please contact us privately with your full name, email address, where you purchased our software from, the amount paid, and your order receipt so we can get this resolved for you.

Avast Antivirus Company Information