3.9/5 (312 ratings)

About Avast Antivirus

Avast Antivirus Software provides protection for your devices from viruses, malware and other potential internet threats. Avast is known for offering features you don’t often find in a free program, including a Wi-Fi network scanner, a password manager and a gaming mode.

Pros

• Password manager
  • Customizable protection
  • Free product is robust

Cons

• Previously sold user data
  • Can slow your device

Bottom Line

Avast Antivirus Software provides both free and premium protection against risks to your devices. The free version is pretty thorough, but the paid version adds many useful features.

Avast Antivirus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avast Antivirus?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I initially signed up for the discounted antivirus product. I chose not to renew this at renewal time. I cancelled before the required date and received a confirmation of the cancellation. Since I initially subscribed through PayPal which I use infrequently I did not notice the 3 charges amounting to 54 dollars with a company name used as Digital River until recently. I contacted Digital River who directed me to Avast. I have called 4 times within the week explaining that I have a reference # and cancellation notice and that they subsequent billings are theft of my money as they continued to withdraw payment from my account fraudulently. They do not seem to care that the account was cancelled and refer to the fact that after cancellation I renewed it 1 month later. Of course that is not the case, they did.

Once they get ahold of your bank account they continue to withdraw money with phony renewal authorizations etc. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau of California as well as my own state of Maine Fraud Department, as I see that numerous examples of this same theft have occurred. They said I had 2 months to cancel, and of course I had never reinstated my account, so that is why they can not refund my money. One Big Fraud! A company of that magnitude should want to refund money that was fraudulently taken and hope that would be the end of it. But they are not doing that, so as a group of those victimized there should be a class action suit to stop such behaviors by these corporation that operate without impunity.

Avast Antivirus response

Hi Timothy, we'd like to investigate this right away. Please reach out to us directly at avast-team@avast.com; it will be helpful if you include the case number from your screenshot as well as any additional information you have from when you contacted our support team. We look forward to making things right. Avast Team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I caution everyone NOT to allow AVAST to auto renew any of their subscriptions. Although I cancelled my subscription to Cleanup Premium product a full two and a half weeks prior to my subscription renewal date, they still chose to auto renew. Although I quickly submitted for a refund online, I have yet to get my money back nor have I received any reply from them. Be careful with this company. They are obviously unscrupulous!

Avast Antivirus response

Hi Deborah, we'll get this taken care of for you. Please contact us at avast-team@avast.com and provide your original subscription information as well as the support case number from your refund request. We can investigate and address this from there!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

So I decided to give it a go on the antivirus free trial, then after 2 week wasn't interested in it. Canceled it, got a different antivirus. Found out I got charged & Invoiced which I clearly cancel but it seems it just goes through anyway without our consent. Tried to get contact with customer service. Got no response for almost 2 months now. Simply useless with customer service. Judging by all these reviews you can just create another one and fake it to look great. Also trying to get access to the account but it seems I can't even get access to it so practically a snatch and grab on your cash.

Avast Antivirus response

Hi Leo, we'd like to assure you that we would never charge you without your permission, or if you decided to cancel a trial. Depending on where and how you set it up, here are instructions on how to cancel your auto renewal: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Cancel-auto-renewal

If you need further assistance, we'd be happy to help. Please email us at avast-team@avast.com with your purchase order # and the email you used to purchase, and we will help you get this resolved. -Avast Team

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Used parental control soft KidInspector for 2 months and it was never blocked by any anti-virus. Then installed Avast. The anti-virus removed KidInspector and even didn't notify me that it did so. The soft was blocked, all the files were sent to quarantine, as a result, the software wasn't collecting information about my children for several days. By the way, I paid for KidInspector! I wonder why Avast removes my programs without any notification! Why didn't it let me decide whether remove the software or not?

Avast Antivirus response

Hi Abigail, it's possible that the software you were using was behaving like malware and triggered a detection. Avast will either quarantine the threat or will notify you and prompt for a decision. You can configure how this works, here's how: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Antivirus-shield-settings

You will also want to set up exclusions for the software, which will prevent it from being scanned: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Antivirus-scan-exclusions

Avast Team

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Installed employee monitoring software at the office. Then installed Avast. A week ago found out that the antivirus had blocked Spyrix monitoring. It occurred that Spyrix wasn’t collecting data for a long period of time. The question is, “Why do you block paid programs without letting your clients know it? Especially, when it comes to business products?”

Avast Antivirus response

Hi Richard, it's possible that the Spyrix software was performing in a way that triggered malware detection or behavioral threat detection. You can learn more about what happened by looking at the detection logs (or in Avast Business, the reports screen in your portal.) If that is the case, you can set up scanning exceptions and that should resolve the issue: https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-scan-exclusions

Please let us know if that helps! -Avast Team

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Avast Premium Security offers a mere moderate protection but worst of all are two points. Avast Customer Care never says the truth, it says other things and it means other things. Your worst enemy ever. Avast also monitors and records your activity on devices even if you have it banned. Avast deliberately blocks some websites in order to advertise its own products. The most dangerous enemy of your devices is not the external threats but an internal threat, namely Avast itself. Your worst enemy ever. My brief experience with Avast Premium Security was very bad and Avast still has not returned my money after canceling my order. If necessary, I will return with more evidence.

Avast Antivirus response

Hi Chris, we'd like to address your concerns directly and assure you that your privacy is protected. We would also like to investigate the experience you had with support. Please send us a private message here or at avast-team@avast.com — it will be helpful if you can provide your contact and purchase information as well as any ticket or case numbers you were provided by support. We look forward to working with you!

Avast Team

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I purchased Avast in October 2019. They sent me a code to activate my antivirus system on my computer after two months of emails to the customer service asking for help because the code they sent didn’t work, help I never received. Finally after I got 57 viruses on my computer I sent it out for repairs. It cost me over $300 for them to clean up the mess that Avast left me with. I've asked for a refund but they claim my subscription was over 30 days. Ignoring the fact for over 30 days I asked for help. Please be aware of the customer service from this company, actually you're better off trying another anti virus protection than Avast. This was a renewal subscription so that tells me they never did protect my computer even when the old Avast was working. Just be aware and read reviews.

Hi, Dorothy:

We take your protection very seriously, so we would like to learn more about what happened (as well as ensure you were contacting genuine Avast support). Please contact us privately with your support ticket numbers, full name, subscribed email address, which viruses you believe were on your system, and copies of the above images.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Installed Avast on my company computers without knowing it would block CleverControl which helps me track my staff for many years. The antivirus silently removed the important corporate data without letting me know. I need to know what my employees were doing at work while I was absent and your software has removed all the files and the soft from each PC! Why you delete my programs and files? Why your software didn't offer me to decide whether I wanted to delete it? Who will pay for the losses my company suffered?

Hi, Mike:

Thanks for reaching out! Our software would never remove any programs or files without your express permission, so we would like to find out what actions were performed prior to their removal. Please contact us privately with additional details so we can better assist you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Avast is good antivirus, I've been using it for a long time. But recently I had an issue with it, it started blocking Spyrix, the monitoring program that I deliberately installed on my computer. A couple of days ago it blocked Spyrix without my permission and the keylogger didn't save the logs that I need to view now. I'm frustrated. I just don't understand why the antivirus blocks the program I paid for without asking me if I want to remove it. I hope they'll fix this problem, otherwise I'll have to switch to another antivirus that deletes real threats.

Hi, Lara:

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like it may be a firewall issue. If you're running our firewall, adding an exception for the software should help. We'll forward a link to the instructions privately.

-Avast Team

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Awful soft! Don't pay for it, it will remove your important data from the PC without notifying you! I purchased parental control soft Kidinspector to know what exactly my kids search on the Net, I paid money for it and used it until Avast removed the soft with all the files! Now I don't know what my kids did at the PC for the last 2 months!!! Where is my data??? Why your antivirus deleted MY program without MY permission?? Avast is a SCAM that charges money for removing your personal files!

Hi, June:

Thanks for reaching out! Our software would never delete anything without your express permission. We'd like to learn which features of our software you ran prior to your software and files being removed. Please contact us privately with more details.

-Avast Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have been a user of Avast since 2008. They started as a great company and their software was excellent. In the last two years they are requiring more and more money for more and more so-called fixes that were to be fixed under Premium....now they call it ultimate. I now have four programs that are suppose to help. I asked for service and was told I needed even more....worst of it is they become so in tangled in your system, it is impossible to ride your computer of them. They always are very apologetic and tell me they will fix the problem by sending me a link that will not work. I have tied to contact them via e-mail and now my e-mail is screwed up. I swear, these people are evil.

Hi, Kurt:

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to help resolve any issues and questions you may have. Please contact us privately with more details and we'll be happy to assist!

-Avast Team

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Be very careful if you sign up for a free trial to any of their add-ons. I had a 60 day trial of both Avast premium and Avast cleanup. Near the end of the trials I was emailed to notify me of this about both products (unfortunately one ended up in my spam folder, I'm sure they would say this is not under their control). I cancelled premium but could not see my subscription for cleanup on my account so assumed it would cancel with premium.

I have now been billed for cleanup and have been sent an email at 5:15 on a Sunday night telling me this. On their website there is no email address or way of contacting them/complaining other than by phone. There are no details of their hours of service and when I called I only got hold music, not even an indication that I had reached the correct company. I cannot sit on the phone for an unknown period of time trying to resolve this so I guess they have got my money. Adding insult to injury I cannot even open their product on my computer so I have paid for absolutely nothing. That is a scam in my opinion and the fact that I cannot complain or contact them by any other means is ridiculous.

Hi, Brittany:

Clicking Support on the top of our homepage at avast.com, then on Refund Request will bring you to a page with instructions on how to request a refund. If you'd prefer, however, you can privately send us your full name, subscribed email address, date and amount of the charge, and for which product you're requesting the refund and we'll be happy to help.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Hi, I been reading your negative reviews. 99% of them are not paid memberships. They do not know how to delete cookies, or LAZY. Or do a virus scan or a boot scan. I love your bank mode. I been a Paid member for a least 15 or more years. I also have the VPN. It is slower but, I rather wait to be protected than be hacked. Out of the years I been a member, Just once I had a problem. VPN is Great. Now these days. Every website is trying to steal your cookie information, tracking, what you look at on the web. Love the VPN. Also I take common sense, Learn the basics, Delete cookies, Never open emails you DO not Recognize. Never do online banking on your cell phone. Dahaa.

Hi, S.:

Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Avast for your online security needs!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Trying to get through the Omni device instruction process is like training a shoe salesman to do brain surgery. 8 steps, 8 pages, click (no response), double click (no response). In the box was a 3 by 3 inch "Get started" quick and easy 4 step process. Yeah right. I will be returning this product for a credit.

Hi, James:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to help! Please contact us privately with more details about the setup issues you experienced and we'll be happy to assist!

-Avast Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Tried Avast Antivirus free, didn't seem as good as reviews so I decided to uninstall. This is when the trouble starts, no uninstall programs will rid you of this. It's like treacle inside your computer. Finally went on Avast site to download Avast own uninstaller. After running that I found that the uninstaller was running in startup which meant my computer was asking me on startup whether I wanted Avast cleanup or windows. Tried RegEdit and removed all references to Avast, still getting startup asking Windows or Avast. The most insidious program I have ever come across. DO NOT INSTALL unless you like problems.

Hi, Michael:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to find out how you feel we can better meet your specific security needs as well as get more information about the issues you experienced with uninstalling our software. Please contact us privately with more details and we'll be happy to help get the information to our escalation team for review!

-Avast Team

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I guess it's true, nothing's for free. Avast has become just another corporate gangster driven by greed and the good ole valueless greenback. Their free anti Virus is crap. It used to be good, years ago. Those were the old days. Every time I turn around they're sending warnings that I need this and that, and oh here's a free trial. It's basically scam marketing. I won't go into the horror that I just experienced trying to upload a supposed "free trial" to clean my computer - Avast Supreme, or some such stupidity, other than to mention an hour's worth of lost time talking with two people representing AVAST at a call center in the Philippines with 4 different attempts to get it running on my new (2 months old) Windows 10 Laptop. How difficult should that be? Spend a few bucks and get Norton or McAfree. If you waste your time with this horrible company you may just end up jumping through further hoops to leave a bad review to warn future victims.

Hi, Randy:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to get more information about the challenges you experienced with upgrading for the free trial as well as your overall Support experience. Please contact us privately with additional details.

-Avast Team

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Avast antivirus was my biggest mistake in my antivirus choice. It slows computer badly, insufficient protection especially with malware (Kaspersky free version works much better). Along with that, you will have every-day pop-ups notification, to buy their other products. Very annoying. On the end, they tried me to charge the next subscription even if I already send Email that I want to cancel my subscription and they confirmed that my autorenewal is off.

Auto-renewal technics at Avast. Few companies tried to cheat me with autorenewal (Comcast, Grengeeks web hosting...). Comcast, for example don't send any email, you need to call them to cancel subscription. And after I called them they just ignored my call and continue to charge me without sending to Email. It was 4 years ago in golden time of autorenewal cheating. Avast uses technic - make it complicated until guy give up.

1. They don't have auto-renewal settings in my avast account, which is against law. 2. Now I need to go to support and ask for cancellation. They don't have ticket system, Finding support and asking a question is tricky and complicated. All directions lead to the knowledge base. Finally, I found it and wrote Email and they confirmed that is my subscription canceled (April 8, 2018) "Hello, Thank you for contacting AVAST Software. We've checked your email address and found that the auto-renewal feature for your subscription was already canceled. Your order will expire at the end of its validation period."

3. 20 days before my expiring my subscription they send me invoice that I will be charged for next year. Of course they will probably explain as a mistake (I am sure that everybody who cancelled their subscription will have same procedure). That is the golden point of all autorenewalS: If you miss that email you will be charged for something you NEVER GAVE PERMISSION. 4. They also send me a link to my account where I can manage subscription.  But it is again trisk, there is no autorenewall settings, only my billing history and updating subscription That account have more information than my.avast account. Practically there are 2 accounts: hidden with more information and my.avast account. 5. They probably will give up from my money but who knows how many people did not saw that email or just give up because of a complicated procedure. Law says that autorenewal must be set up in a visible place.

CONCLUSION: So, these people work against the law with intention to charge people subscriptions without their permission. Of course they explained that is for your convenience. I believe they make a good portion of income with auto renewal technics. In this way thousands of people are charged without their permission almost with doubled price. I am believer that all companies who do that tricks will die soon.

Hi, Mire:

Thanks for reaching out! Our notifications can be adjusted by clicking Menu>Settings>General>Personal Privacy and unchecking the corresponding boxes. Our software was designed to be light on your system's resources, so we're concerned to hear you feel it slowed yours. We're also concerned to hear you feel it was insufficient. Please contact us privately with more details. If you'd still like to cancel, we'd be happy to assist. Please include your full name and email.

-Avast Team

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

On the 16th of October 2019 Avast support emailed me; "Your auto renewal is coming up, with the advice that I was able to cancel this service". Never having used your software, I stopped the auto-renewal service. Avast support sent me a conformation on this dated the 19th of October 2019. Nevertheless, Avast took on the 31st of October 2019 THREE amounts totaling AUS $209.97 out of my bank account (credit card) for a service I never used and will never use... I expect a full refund...

Hi, John:

We're concerned to hear this and would like to get this resolved for you! Please contact us privately here with your full name, subscribed email address, and the dates/amounts in question (along with which product or products these charges were for) and we'll be happy to assist!

-Avast Team

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Bought Avast Internet Security on-line mid August 2019. Tried to download it but didn't go through. Called support number on receipt and got no answer. A few days later I tried downloading it again with no luck. My new desktop computer starting having issues. Not allowing me to get into familiar sites. I kept trying several times to download and still no response. Today I finally got through and decided to cancel subscription. I spoke to "Kit" and said I could not get a refund but did cancel my continuous subscription of 3 yrs. I lost money again ordering products on-line. I am very dissatisfied.

Hi, Estella:

We'd like to help get this resolved so you can make use of our software for the duration of your subscription. Please ensure any other 3rd party (i.e. not Microsoft) antivirus software is uninstalled and your system is rebooted prior to downloading/installing our software as this can cause conflicts. Your firewall may also be blocking the download/installation. Rebooting in safe mode should help. We'd be happy to help privately if you require further assistance.

-Avast Team

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

After a lot of 3 years of experience with Avast premium security, I found out that most of the troubles with my computer are by Avast. Just a few moments ago, I was trying to fix my computer for 2 hours because it didn't want to identify my home cable network, which is very odd. All the computers and devices on the network got perfect internet, and my computer didn't want to assign an IP, connect with the DHCP server, and all.

After re-installing drivers, troubleshooting, and reading a lot of articles, one guy suggested specifically to neutralize avast and shut it off for the network set up phase in which Windows do it automatically, and it worked like a charm. Pathetic. Not to mention that the subscription is just recurring without asking any questions, ports that I need for games or other software are blocked, even when I open them up in Avast - It seems you need to change your network to Home network. I don't know why it even was set to a public network.

Suggesting me at any given moment to buy more products from avast after I have paid 70$ and telling me people are watching me as I type stuff and I need your service of VPN or telling me my whole computer is corrupted or something so I need your cleanup product, ON A BRAND NEW COMPUTER. This is just pathetic, and I've been all this time for too long with avast free and premium/Internet Security, and it just gave me a headache.

Hi, Itamar:

Thanks for reaching out! For your subscription, there is an option during the initial installation to disable automatic renewals should you choose to perform this task manually. We then send out a reminder email to your subscribed address approximately 1 month prior to the end of your subscription date. Adjusting your firewall will allow you to optimize your gaming needs, and saving your home network as a Private network will help resolve the Internet blocking issue.

-Avast Team

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Have used Avast for years. Could not open Avast. Spent hours with support (they wanted to get lots of $$ for help). Tried numerous things myself. Paid for professional help. Can't access any of my passwords in Avast. I have 100s of passwords I was keeping in avast and now they are all gone. Do NOT recommend this product!!! One of the worst days of my life!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Beware of renewal notices. First this company sends out renewal notices enticing people to sign up for a product they already have. Then they claim there is no way they can know when someone has a double subscription (of course a simple computer program can do that), and finally they say they can offer no compensation when it occurs. (I Paid for 2 subscriptions for the same product for 8 months- They would not extend my current subscription - I wasn't asking for a refund.) It is an obvious unethical marketing plan and may even be illegal. I will forward my complaint to the Attorney General in their state and ask them to look into it. And - no, I won't be doing business with this company again and will utilize social media to warn others.

Hi, Walter:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to investigate further to see what happened. Please contact us privately with your full name, subscribed email address, and the product(s) in question and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

-Avast Team

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I had Avast Free and it was fine, decided to upgrade to the paid version. After a year didn't feel I needed it so I let it lapse only for them to auto charge and resubscribe me! I immediately canceled and requested a refund but the entire experience of just doing that was confusing and difficult, then, to verify I WOULD get a refund I called customer service who was rude and continuously demanding I "stop and listen to them". When I told them that they buried the that it was an autosubscription in the terms and that that was wrong he ARGUED with me and told me I was wrong. Nope you're done Avast, never again and I'm telling everyone else to never subscribe as well.

Hi, Joseph:

Thanks for reaching out! This is certainly not the experience we want our valued customers to have so we would like to get more information about what number you dialed so we can ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast Support. We'd also like to help resolve any issues you had with your cancellation/refund. Please contact us privately with your subscribed email address, full name, and renewal receipt (charged amount, product name, etc).

-Avast Team

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

When calling Avast's customer service line, their two representatives with whom I spoke were not native English speakers and had tremendous difficulty in understanding me and vice-versa. I am trilingual and do not usually have this problem.

Hi, Janice:

Thanks for your feedback! We'd like to help get any questions or issues you had answered. Please contact us privately with more details.

-Avast Team

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Avast free & premium YOU GET AN ERROR - "UI failed to load" is a simple fix --- video **. BUT THEIR TECH DEPT WOULDN'T TELL ME. INSTEAD TRIED TO UPSELL ME ON THEIR TECH SERVICES $74.00- you normally get this error when you first load or update Avast. BEWARE...they are not honest. I'm on Windows 7 so all I had to do was set remote desktop services to automatic, start them, and reboot. So I'm supposed to pay 74.00 for that advice? NO WAY. They gave me a song & dance that I had PC Dr (preinstalled) & Malwarebytes that were conflicts & they had to "CLEAN" it for me or else it wouldn't work. BALONEY. & that was their tech supervisor!

Hi, Rhonda:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support. Please contact us privately with the number you dialed or website you visited. We'd also like to help if there are any additional issues you're experiencing, if the UI issue returns, or if you have any additional questions about customizing our software.

-Avast Team

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have had issues with this antivirus from the start. Const pop-ups to up grade.. threats of NO protection...lots of scare tactics. I am fed up with it. Have used others in the past, with no issues. This was recommended to me by a "tech" when I was having windows 10 update problems. Please advise.

Hi, Judi:

Thanks for reaching out! While we do occasionally notify our customers of our other products and services, our upgraded customers can adjust these notifications by clicking Menu>Settings>General>Personal Privacy and unchecking the corresponding boxes. Both our Free and upgraded customers can further customize our software by clicking Menu>Settings>General>Troubleshooting>Add/Remove Components allowing you to add or remove features like CleanUp, WiFi Inspector, etc.

Resolution response: Sept. 28, 2019

Thank you for your assistance. It's working now.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I recently purchased Avast Premium security for my PC. One of my application is not working due to Avast antivirus which is blocking the ports.I tried contacting Avast customer service but no response from them. Ticket number - **.

Hi, Anmol:

Thanks for reaching out! Our ticketing system has a queue. If you've messaged us more than once, it moves all requests to the end of the queue. We'd like to help get this issue resolved, however. Please contact us privately with your name, subscribed email address, whether you have our Avast Firewall installed, and the name of the application in question and we'll be happy to help!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Purchased Avast products to protect my desktop and network. When I couldn't print after installing product I called tech support for assistance. They insisted that the problem was on my end and that I may need to pay additionally. Asked for a refund was promptly given a refund and deleted their product from my desktop. As soon as the computer restarted all three test print pages printed without me doing anything. Obviously an issue on their end that could have been rectified and they would have still had a customer and a positive review. Now I need to find another company that is willing to assist the customer.

Hi, Jeremy:

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to get more information about the issue you experienced as well as with your Support experience. Please contact us privately with more details including any support ticket information you received, the number you dialed (so we can ensure you were speaking with genuine Avast support), and what kind of error messages you were receiving when trying to print so we can investigate further.

-Avast Team

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Don't sign up for subscriptions - if you want a refund you'll never get anything but run-around and never get your money back but they will keep taking the money out of you bank account. Their "Get Human" is a total joke - tried twice - waited over 2 hours the 1st time, over an hour the next day - never got a call either time.

Hi, Steve:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to help get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your full name, subscribed email address, which product you would like to be refunded, and your purchase information and we'll be happy to help!

-Avast Team

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I cancelled my service in 2017 with Avast because I was paying for 3 computers and I was down to one. They said they cancelled and refunded my money that year. The next year 2018, they charged me again (but changed the name of the service) and I missed it because I did not have the email that I had used anymore and I didn't check my Credit card statement. This year, 2019, I am charged again, but this time I see it and check with my CC company to find I was charged in 2018 also. Avast refunded my 2019 charge but keeps telling me that I never cancelled this new service (they changed the name and kept saying I had both, though I was never charged for both at one time and the new named service was also for 3 computers).

After they give me all the generic responses I try to reason with them that Why would I order a new service for 3 computers when I was down to 1. They changed the name, never cancelled me, charged me (stole from me) and refuse to refund my $60 from 2018 because it is beyond their refund time. I was able to get the order numbers so that I had proof of the charges but I have been given the runaround over and over with them trying to tell me that I ordered this and I never did. Be very careful.

Hi, Allison:

Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to help find out what occurred and get this resolved for you. Please contact us privately with your full name and the subscribed email address (as well as your current email address if that one is no longer being used) so we can further assist you.

Avast Antivirus Company Information