Apple iPhone

Apple iPhone

3.2/5 (1718 ratings)

About Apple iPhone

Apple iPhone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple iPhone?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I’m pretty sure I either just spoke to a drunk representative or someone that should not be taking English texts. All I needed to do was change and address and just needed direction on how to do that. Hilarity ensued.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Hairline crack on my brand new iPhone 12 within first 30 days of owning it. I didn't drop the phone and it appeared out of nowhere. I called Apple. They said this was a known issue and would likely replace the screen for free upon inspection. They sent me to a Best Buy store to get it repaired two days later. Best Buy said they'd have to charge me for it and they weren't sure why Apple would have sent us to Best Buy given they had to get paid for the work being done. They recommended I go back to Apple and schedule and appointment at the Genius Bar. To say I was disappointed that Apple was dishonest and also sent me on my Sunday to the wrong place that was unable to repair the defective phone without charging me was frustrating.

I called Apple and was put in touch with a supervisor. The supervisor was less than helpful and unapologetic for the misinformation and unfortunate use of my time. I now have to go to an Apple store and who knows what the outcome will be. Hopefully not another wasted two hours out of my day. After this experience with terrible customer service for an $800 phone that I bought just 30 days ago, I will never buy an Apple product again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Not only did Christine stay on the phone with me and help me solve my problem she also showed me how to prevent it in the near future and if it does happen how to fix it saving me my time which is invaluable. Time cannot be bought, Thank you for your customer service.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My daughter had the XSmax display replaced April 21. Nearly $400. FaceID worked fine before. Phone not used until yesterday. FaceId won’t work. Took it to Apple Store. Said we wasted money and sorry can’t help.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My son forgot his passcode to his iPhone 11. For the first two days I worked with Apple support (Day 1 = 2 agents - one was great, the other clearly hated her job/life and made a point to wield what little power she has in her life by hanging up the call when I told her I already completed the steps she was suggesting). (Day 2, same as first day. I guess it's a 50/50 chance of getting help or someone intentionally terrible). After 2 days of errors, without doing anything different or changing anything the error I was getting went away. Weird timing, because the restore process wasn't completing for 2 days, then when I said it feels like this is intentional it suddenly was fixed. But the funny thing was it was only fixed AFTER the agent told me to submit a password change request for my son's iCloud account.

I know for a fact his password was the same as his Xbox password, but for some odd reason that password quit working as soon as the phone began the restore process. The password reset is a 72 hour process. Why would Apple waste millions of dollars on human interactions for password resets when it should be a self service process? What would be the motivation to throw that money away, while damaging the brand and diminishing the customer experience? Perhaps it is intentional...they use slave labor, rape the environment for natural resources needed for the phone, and treat us like crap when we become customers. Perhaps it's time I took stock of my morality and stopped supporting this type of evil. DO BETTER, APPLE.

Original review: April 8, 2021

In 2018, when XS was launched I bought the iPhone X because features were very similar. After the warranty period, the camera got a black spot on top right corner. When I went to the store they did diagnostic and found nothing that I had done. It was a hardware issue but because the warranty was over they did not cover it. Now 2 days ago out of nowhere there is a big green line appearing on the right side of screen.

I went to Apple Genius today and the guy told me that warranty is over so I have to pay another $365 to fix the issue. Again I had not done anything wrong to the phone. He did the diagnostic check and hardware had no issue. It was quality issue he said but again because the phone is not under warranty so they will not cover it. This is such a rip off. They make sure nothing happens for one year and then the hardware starts failing so it is not covered under warranty. Extremely unprofessional and unethical. I hope more people learn about this and take a stand against this ruthless monopolistic greedy giant.

Original review: March 15, 2021

On 3/13/2021, I placed an order (**), on Apple.com. During checkout I was given two choices for the order; mail devices to home by Tuesday, or Express Pickup at local store (Apple North Star). The item was listed as available today, so I chose Express Pickup. A logical person would assume express pickup would mean, the item would be available to the purchaser sometime today, since the order was placed at 12pm noon. So about 3:30 I head to the mall, assuming, the device would shortly be available. I stop by the Apple store with my purchase information and was greeted kindly by manager Andy.

Andy stated processing usually takes a couple of hours. I educated Andy, the order was made at noon and it was 4pm at time of discussion, which is 2 x couple of hours. Andy called some corporate number and stated he was advised the order was showing still processing, but to wait on the pickup email and ask for him once I receive it and I would not have to wait in the entrance line again. Well, it's now the end of day two and the store closed already.

I called Apple.com regarding my purchase, and the young lady who answered the call asked what she could help with and I explained I was calling to check the status of my purchase. She advised me to hold on and the next thing I heard was the automated system asking me to enter the extension of the person I was trying to reach. I hung up and had to call back and spoke with a male customer service rep the second time, who stated they were reviewing my payment information and it should be cleared up in the morning. I inquired why would they they need to review my payment information and for what concerns? He stated, sometimes there could be slight errors that are reviewed and have to be cleared. I educated that I was in the local store the day before and if any information needed to be verified, then that would have been the best time to verify any concerns.

The truth is, all of this has been a load of crock. These are operational issues and apple has demonstrated that after a year of closure, no one was intelligent enough to have a reopening plan in place. They have demonstrated a failure to timely process orders and provide standard customer service; which is the bare minimum below good customer service. We knew they lost the vision of the company when Steve Jobs died, but it appears they don't even have leadership capable of reestablishing a functional operation. Instead of fixing the problem, they chose to treat consumers as if we're all ignorant fools they can side track to cover their own failures. I've cancelled this order and truly understand now, how the android market has come this far into taking over a market once ruled by Apple.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I thought I was getting better, security, dependability, and image capability. Not so. Here's why:

1- Mandatory updates = progressive privacy invasions by Apple. If you don't agree to all of the terms, you don't get security and software updates and your device will malfunction, shortening its lifespan.

2- No replaceable battery, so when their built-in one dies, you're out a very expensive phone.

3- Between the built-in battery and software obsolescence you will have to buy a newer model in 3-4 years.

4- Lack of compatibility with non-Apple devices: Yes it goes both ways, AND Apple has upped the ante by making it impossible to download my photos from my Iphone to my non-Apple device. Iphone doesn't allow access to a non-Apple device, so other device can't recognize it for the USB download. Yes, I've followed all of the instructions on both ends, have the right equipment, downloaded the suggested space-intensive Apple software onto my other devices (which did not help and is almost impossible to completely remove), and have complied with all other "suggested" options. No, it's not a settings glitch. So, my only options to transfer my photos off of my Iphone are to:

a. Buy another Mac/Apple device with the hardware to do photo processing/editing.

b. Upload to the cloud, and not be able to fully access them for the same purpose. If I upload to the Apple Cloud, I'm also signing away my privacy, yet again, can only view/edit with their proprietary software (incompatible with other manufacturer's devices), and have to pay for additional Apple Icloud memory to store them. In effect: my images and other data are stranded/locked down by Apple.

5- Iphones are becoming as hackable as other devices.

In these times, our data is valuable and insecure regardless of precautions. At least an Android will allow me to function, store my images on my other equipment, and enjoy being creative again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I ordered iPhone 12 Pro Max in the first week of December and I received the phone on Dec. 18, 2020. They offered $140 value to be discounted if I return my old phone. I mailed my iPhone 7 Plus for a discount. It was 128 GB. They offered me only $35 claiming that the phone was broken even though it was in a perfect condition. I declined the offer and asked them to return my phone. I received an iPhone 7 Plus which was only 32 GB. The phone was damaged. The glass was separated from the body of the phone. My phone and the phone that was returned to me had different serial numbers. I called them and asked them to send me my phone or a phone which has similar features to me. I called them 3 times and could not go anywhere. They sent me an email saying 'Good News, the inspection was completed and we will give you $140". I responded that I do not want any discount but I want my phone back.

I called them 2 more times requesting my phone to be returned. They are ignoring my request. The customer service representatives are not helpful at all. I want my phone back or a phone with similar features or a refund in the value of my phone's market value. They are not willing to do any one of these. The customer service representatives that I encountered are rude and do not respond to my questions.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021
I bought an iPhone, and I asked for the exchange for my old phone. They lost my old phone, they wouldn’t return it. And they sent me a wrong, broken iPhone. They wouldn’t exchange it, they won’t give me a refund either. If you are buying a new iPhone from them, do not exchange your old phone. Hold on to it.
Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This was my first time doing business with the Apple brand. I was approved for the Apple Pay card and scheduled my appointment for pickup. I bought the IPHONE 12 PRO MAX $1200 with the best insurance plan so $1400+. Ok so I drive 35 minutes to the Brandon Mall Apple store. Check-in with my order number, stand in line for about 5 minutes. I get to the counter and show my order number and driver's license to show that I am me picking up the phone. Mind you I’m only coming to pick up the phone, not start service with any provider they have because I have my own SIM card. Why did this lady humiliate me? She began to tell me I can’t pick up the phone if I’m making payments. It has to be paid in full and I need to return it then buy it again paying in full because I can’t take the phone without paying in full!!!! It’s against some kinda lawwww.

I’m just in shock because I know this reflected on my order!!! I was very confused!!! I guess people with beautiful brown skin can’t afford to buy the latest iPhone??? She stepped away then returned to say, "Oh it IS paid in full," with no apology whatsoever! I looked at her and told her “You took me through this for what!!??” It’s been 2 days and I can’t believe I was treated this way. I’m returning this and going back to Android. This is not acceptable and I will not pay for a product and get treated this way. Back to the Apple to get a full refund!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I have had an IPhone starting with the IPhone launch in 2007. I have updated every 3-4 yrs and now have the IPhone 12 Pro Max. I love everything about the Apple products that I use almost continuously. I tried other OS' for interface with proprietary security systems, etc. and have found them vastly inferior to my Apple Products.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

This phone is horrible. I have tried to order the glass screen protector. The first seller didn't send it after a week so I had to cancel. The next 2 have both sent screen protectors that are too small. The second time I even called Apple to find out which SE phone I have because the phone doesn't indicate, and nor is it on the box. Why don't they make the ones that fit this phone? I have now had this phone a month and cannot get the screen protector. Unfortunately my daughter bought it as a gift for me. Can't wait till I can get another Samsung and I was sick of those. Why didn't Apple just call it something different or is this like the battery that they are going to slow down in a couple of years. Now I now why I avoided Apple for so long.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

This is the worst Apple product I have seen to date. I am a EE and I would have been fired many years ago for putting such garbage out to the broader markets. The design is flawed and the operating system is horrible - Apple is on my top 10 garbage list for 2021 - what a joke!

Resolution response: Dec. 29, 2020

I contacted Apple again and this time I had a better response. After repeating the issue they offered to replace the phone with a refurbished iPhone 7 which is all we needed. We were able to pick up the phone at the Apple store and now we are good to go.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

We have had an iPhone 7 since September 2019. After the most recent software update the microphone stopped working which means no incoming phone calls, Siri or FaceTime. So the phone is basically useless after 15 months. When we brought it to Apple the associate acknowledged that he can not figure out why the internal microphone does not work. He can tell that there is no damage to the phone and no explanation on why we are having the problem. However because we have had the phone for 15 months it is out of warranty. Therefore, the only thing they can offer is a refurbished phone for $325 plus 30% off because I was so angry.

The manger followed up with saying if I had Apple Care it would have been covered. Thank you for the info. My issue is for the amount of money you pay for an iPhone it should last for more than a year! Additionally, on various online platforms it appears that iPhone 7’s have been having this issue so why can’t this be rectified? I am so disappointed that Apple could not rectify the issue and stand behind their product. I should not have to replace a 15 month old iPhone that was not damaged by us! This is a internal hardware malfunction! I’m a very disappointed customer.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

This item made it possible to use the lightning connector (where the battery charger is connected) with my earphones for music and for phone calls. It works the same as if I connected the earphones through the earphone jack. I had cleaned the earphone jack of lots of lint and debris but it was still not making a good connection unless I held the connector toward the front of the iPhone 5S. I had tried other lightning connectors but the phone function wasn't there, only music. The Apple logo is important with this type of connector.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

No major problems, when battery was no good they replaced after a recall. Happy with Apple service. Love the iPhones and looking to upgrade to iPhone 12 Pro. But deciding if I should change my carrier, which is Verizon, since they do not offer current customers any special upgrade deals.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

My iPhone 8 is my 2nd brain..It keeps all my memories, notes for happenings I must remember and anything I must not forget. It reminds me of appts, etc. I ask Siri information about facts I want to know about and distances to travel. Google map directs me wherever I need to go. I need my IPhone, it’s a blessing. Smarter than me...

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

iPhones are easy to use, with up to date features. They also have frequent updates to give updated information and service. The iPhone has different abilities to appeal to each individual user's needs.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

Prices higher and each update slower. I think Apple phones are great but it’s just disappointing. Even small update makes the phone slower. Also clearly batteries live shorter and screens break very quickly!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I love my iPhone. I am so used to it that I don’t think I would ever change it for any other phone! It’s easy to use and it has great features that are very user-friendly! With my iPhone, I have everything I need!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I love my Apple 6S smartphone. Even though it's an older model it still works great with all the updates. I don't need a lot of fancy stuff, just the basics!!! So easy to use and Siri tells me everything I need to know. I love my Apple products!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

The iPhone SE 2020 isn’t too big but has a decent size screen to do anything on. It is pretty light weight, comes in some nice colors, takes great pics and videos and is super fast processing information. Also, it has an amazing speaker, in which it is pretty loud and clear. This phone does not have a headphone jack port, and does not come with the dongle to connect headphones. Full cost of the phone was much cheaper than most iPhones, which was another bonus of this awesome phone.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I love my phone and all it does however, if I could change one thing: it always runs slower after updates. I thought that problem was solved but no? Nonetheless I’m sticking with iPhones unless Apple gives me a reason not to.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Love my iPhone 11...so I am old school but...I find it very reliable and really easy to use. Once I got over being afraid of it...I really enjoy it! When I have a question or a problem Apple has a fantastic call center. They take their time and make sure all your questions have been answered.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I am satisfied with my iPhone XR. However I had a iPhone 7plus and felt it was a better phone. If I could do it all over again I would have kept the 7plus. The DR is not as user friendly as the plus and the screen obviously is smaller. However the DR battery life seems longer than the 7 plus.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I am using Ip7 in 5 years. I like this phone very much, It had supported to me a lot. I use this phone for my work. While I am working at the site. I can track everything by this phone. The image is clear which I need for my inspection, report. Once I went to Bali, Ip7 helpS me book a trip, talk to people. I love this phone.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I’m 81 years old, far too complicated for me. Gives me good service with the things that I use. My internet is through a small provider (dual connect). I would like the phone to be smaller. A stronger battery would also help.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I really like the iPhone XR overall. This is my third iPhone. The camera works well for my needs. The is a good amount of space and I feel secure with the cloud back up. My main complaint remains issues (as with the other iPhones) with the battery losing power and the phone needing to be recharged more and more often. I also have not found that the representatives at Apple Care are not able to troubleshoot problems very successfully. I had a problem with texting not working but it turned out to be a Verizon issue.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I love my iPhone 11. The camera is wonderful. It's quick and the charge lasts for at least two days for me. I trust iPhone due to the better security on them. They are less apt to be hacked vs. other brands.

Apple iPhone Company Information