Apple iPhone

Apple iPhone
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

Apple iPhone Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Changed service to Xfinity two weeks ago and cannot get Apple to release the activation lock off my iPhone. I have been on the phone and computer for over 18 hours and that is the truth. You have to give your life history and now they say I'm o.k. but it will be another 5 days before they remove the activation lock. I have bought my last apple product.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

My son took his own life unexpectedly in Nov. His phone was finally returned by law enforcement 2 months after. I kept his phone active because I wanted his images and any possible messages that might have set the stage for his decision. He was mildly disabled and I wanted to make sure he wasn't bullied. When the phone arrived I was going to have hacked but thought I'd go the legal way. I sent in all the correct documentation, only receiving response via email that yes, they removed his password.

When I went to the phone I saw it was Apple ID protected. So, I sent in the request with all the info again...Again stating that I need the content of the phone which I purchased. I received the second approval and told the Apple ID was removed. What they didn't make clear was that remotely they had also erased all the phone's content. I learned that when I took it to an iPhone service center and they told me.

When I called today 2/13/2020, they confirmed that the phone's entire content had been erased.. Where was the SERVICE. They didn't even bother to read why I need the phone's content. They should have asked me first. I have no way now of knowing what the crisis of his life might have been or have any memories of his final days. I am shocked. I knew Steve Jobs..but I will never purchase another apple computer of iPhone again. People need privacy, but there are legal options when it needs broken.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I have had a Apple iPhone X since it launched. Connectivity problems have persisted since I have owned this phone. Apple has been no help with the problem. They always say there are no problems with their phones when it come to the Bluetooth or cell strength. My Bluetooth device drops constantly and it does not do this with other cell phone manufacturers. Apple put inferior radios in the iPhone X. At the time of the Apple X launch they were in a lawsuit with Qualcomm. Qualcomm manufactures most of the radios for cell phones in the world. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated. In a society where Bluetooth is so important for hands free use and Apple will not back a defective product that cost over a $1000.00.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Went in after having my screen malfunction for a few days and they were very friendly and helped me fix it within minutes. They hooked me up with some new parts that didn't cost too much so it was overall a good experience.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

My mom got us involved in a family plan with Apple for a deal we got for Black Friday 2018. The deal was buy one phone and get the other free. She paid $1000 for one phone, which was how much it cost at the time. Plus we got on family plan and I only had to pay my monthly fee. I was always critical of Apple but it was a great opportunity and I got the phone for Christmas in 2018.

At first, I liked the phone. I did notice a few problems right away, such as the phone not working in certain stores although it was minimal. For example, at one grocery store, the phone would not call out, no internet, no WiFi, and texts would not send till I walked out of store. I just assumed the store(s) was blocking my phone but everyone else was using their phone, no problem. I also noticed if I was in a tall building or underground level, if I made phone call, person would not hear me and hang up. So every time I stayed at a hotel for business, I’d have to go downstairs to use the phone.

The real problems didn’t begin till about March 2019, a few months after getting phone. I went to use it one day and person could not hear me, like it was totally mute. This was every phone call. I could talk to my phone, pass vocal tests, yet it would not work. I assumed it was a software issue and I’m pretty comp. savvy but no luck. I even took it into Apple specialist who could not figure out the issue. I didn’t have the ability to send the device in at that time. Months go by, and I’m still walking around with a phone that doesn’t work. I can text and use my headphones but that’s it.

One day, while using my headphones for a podcast, I decided to test something out, and since the headphones have microphone capabilities, I wanted to see if they would work to take a call. Sure enough, they did! I felt silly, because I’ve been using these headphones for months and never tried that. Two months go by, and the headphones mic stops working and I can only use them to listen again.

I buy the same exact Apple earbuds, which was overpriced, I got 1 day delivery on them via (you know who), they shipped out an hour after the purchase, yet it took 11 days to arrive. Never had that happen before on a prime item. Anyway, those headphones wouldn’t work for the mic, but I used them to listen to stuff, which was the last thing I could do on my phone.

The headphones worked for a week then stopped. Can’t listen to anything out of them anymore. I threw the other ones away, a day before these ones stopped working. I can still charge my phone and plug it into a speaker — if it works in the speaker, I would think the headphones should work but I don’t wanna buy another pair when it’s probably the phone. I’ve only had this phone for 13 months, it hasn’t worked and my mom and I are still paying for it..!

See, my mom got locked in a 3 year plan, which was required for the free phone. My mom also purchased insurance on the phones for those 3 years, but we weren’t told till I tried bringing my phone back in the first 90 days, that the insurance only covers the paid phone. My phone has no cracks and has been taken care of, and we were told that via testing, this phone was more than likely defective when we got it. It probably was refurbished, and they can’t find anything wrong with the sound card and it’s passing all the tests, it’s been reset, yet they cannot get the receiving sound to actually work.

I was told I can’t get it fixed because they can only fix the cracked glass/phone, fix the speaker, or charging system. It would cost about 500-600 to do, but I have a unique case, so it might not help, they said. I asked if I could get a new phone, even if I purchased it myself but they said I couldn’t until the plan ends. I can’t add a phone either. And worst of all, I can’t cancel or stop the plan, even though my phone is broken.

To top it off, I didn’t realize this till a year after having the phone, but my mom and I together went to some of those places that have been blocking my phone since day one, and she has the exact phone I do, but her phone would work perfectly fine, while my phone says “no service”, till the moment I step outside. I don’t have this problem everywhere, but probably 30% of public places. Additionally, when my mom heard how low my sound is compared to her phone, that stunned me. I just expected crappy sound cause laptops, tablets and phones typically have crappy sound so you in turn, buy an audio system. But the sound of my mom's phone is twice as loud as my phone. That stunned us and I wasn’t even aware of this till December 2019, a year after getting the phone.

At that time, my mom also confessed to me that the phone wasn’t really free, it was a scam because she’s paying these hidden fees, which pretty much pay for the phone. I am stuck with a phone that doesn’t work, I’m paying for a plan, and I’m stuck for 2 more years. After fighting this with APPLE, I finally was able to communicate with a supervisor and they will allow me to drop the plan, after sending my phone off again, to determine it can’t be fixed. This was right before I ordered new earbuds and the earbud/headphones aren’t working. I’m not going to give Apple any more money, so I’d rather pay a thousand on a phone from android/Samsung.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I have had software issues with my iPhone xr since day one. My dictation literally just typed out iPhone EXR. Doesn’t even know itself. Reception is horrendous. But Apple will never admit that. They will tell you that you need to replace your Sim card. The thing they don’t know is that I have a whole stack of new sims. Makes no difference. Hard reset… No difference. Go ahead and call customer “support”, If they even deserve the title of support, and Wait on hold for two hours and get disconnected.

It is clear to me that Apple cares about one thing only... QUARTERLY PROFITS. How can you let Samsung surpass you in every way possible? How can you put an outdated technology in a premium phone? How can I go from three bars to one bar after buying a brand new phone? Deny deny deny…That is the Apple way!! You would rather pump out a shiny brick every six months at the retail price of your mortgage. Than fix The rampant software glitches that plague the lives of your supposedly valued customers. From the bottom of my heart.. ** you Apple

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Apple will not respond to my complaints. They refuse to further diagnose my phone to find out while the product is malfunctioning. They did not respond to my complaint through their website nor BBB and closed the report. Extremely dissatisfied with them and would not recommend the UTC Apple location to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I have been a fan of Apple products for the last 7 years and have had no problem with Apple products until this year. I sent my phone into Apple back in May for a screen replacement and they could not fix it, so I was given a replacement phone. My replacement phone kept going on and out of service and the screen kept going black. I called AppleCare and mailed the phone back into Apple as they mailed me back another replacement phone. This replacement phone worked great until I did the latest update then it completely crashed and kept saying searching. I was not able to make any calls or receive any messages at all.

When I called, I was told that a select few of iPhone 7s were doing the no service thing and to send my phone in. After waiting a couple weeks to hear back from Apple, they told me they could not fix my phone because I “Tampered” with it. The lady with apple was even baffled at the engineering team who sent her the information. She apologized and did not understand what was going on. I am very upset with Apple over this. Apple you have lost a great customer that had nothing but love for your products until now.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I just wanted to say that when I called up Apple support when my iPhone was stuck in recovery mode (mind you after I googled it and tried myself). So the first guy made me give him the serial number of the phone and explain my problem he then walked me through all the results I just googled. I mean I have google too right? I don't need him for that. Anyway he then transferred me to someone else which I then had to give him the serial number again and again explain what my issue was!! It took 4 call transfers to finally speak to someone that knew more than me from a simple google search!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have been using Apple products since 4 but this time I am so much disappointed. After 11 Pro my heart is broken. What happen is I bought 5th of November 11 pro which was stolen and I never get back. Following week I bought one more 11 pro cause I am really loving with this product. Now my bad luck my phone drop on the well carpeted floor and guess what. My phone broken from back cover. There is no recover they can’t fix???. Whatever it show in demo is absolutely fake.

Apple iPhone Company Information