3.04/5

989 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 7, 2019

I am on my 4th iPhone in 1 year. My last phone which was an iPhone 6 stopped working within 5 months. The carrier insisted that I could only get a replacement iPhone 6 and that broke within 2 months. They would only give me another one of the same phone so I filed a complaint with the FCC and got Comcast. Sadly it has started again with iPhone (I got a newer model). My first Comcast iPhone broke within 2 months and the replacement that they sent me (that was refurbished) cannot hold a charge. DO NOT GET AN IPHONE!

Original review: June 30, 2019

I love my iPhone. It has been fantastic for the past two years, however this particular iPhone 7 was in the series that had a recall for issues with dropping cell service and not being able to reactivate service. I was not notified that there was ever a recall on my iPhone 7. After taking it in to the Apple store they said that I could either wait 2 weeks for my iPhone and use a loaner in the meantime, or I could trade it in for $250 and get a new iPhone for $599. Complete **! I chose to use a loaner iPhone while they sent my iPhone 7 off to have the entire board replaced. This required me to wipe my iPhone. The loaner iPhone they gave me was an iPhone 6 with only 16GB of storage, which they knew from the backup they had me perform would not be able to download my backup which was over 40GB of data.

Further they informed me that the loaner iPhones are not easy to activate with my cell carrier (Sprint). They had me place my iPhone 7 SIM card in the loaner 6 and sent me on my way. The loaner 6 immediately showed signs that it was not going to work. The first issue was that it would not allow me to sign into the iCloud to set up the loaner. It wanted to send a verification code to my current phone number, which didn't have service because it was not set up. I had to switch the phone that the verification code would be sent to. Upon doing this it hasn't sent a code to another phone and it has been over 24 hours.

While trying to resolve the issue, the second phone that the code was sent to has had its service deactivated. Now there is an additional issue where it displays that the SIM card is locked, making it impossible to utilize it. My loaner iPhone 6 is a paperweight at this point and I am stuck without cell service for two weeks. This is disgusting customer service from start to finish with non-performing products given as a means of appeasing the customer.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Hi, my internal speaker wasn't working. My phone was in warranty. So I went to Aptronix, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, India to repair. The guy denied the service saying there's a slight bend in the phone. I said I cannot see it. He put against his laptop to show me the bend, even then I couldn't see. There was no bend in the phone and he simply denied the service. I simply disheartened with the service of Apple in India. Apple please don't spoil your name in India, open direct stores and service centres. I want resolution for this. Call me at **.

Original review: June 23, 2019

My iPhone 7 stop working when I really need it during my vacation in Europe. I will skip the nightmare that I had without a phone in Europe. When I came back to the State I went to Apple store to repair it. I was told that the cost of the screen is $149 without taxes. I agree to pay but later on find out it is motherboard. I was told that it is “economically not beneficial” to repair motherboard (logic boards) and Apple refuse to do so. After spending whole day on the phone with Apple- they hang up three times, and refuse to give any discount on purchase of another iPhone that it is not 7. Basically I spent $$$ for iWatch, iPads and several iPhones to find out they didn’t care about their customers.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My iPhone XR of 5 weeks suddenly decided to turn off and refuse to turn back on. Apple techs tried forced restart nothing. Took to a authorised repairer who 3 days later decided to look at the phone and it turns on, phones and says, "Come and get your phone," without even checking the phone. 2 days later it turns off again. Return it to the authorised repairer who 5 days later emails me to say he was about to send it to Apple but the phone has now turned on WTF. Apple say they will now look after the issue due to their authorised repairer's incompetence. 1 week later I phone to see where the phone is and I'm told it has been repaired and posted back to me, I will have it in 2-3 days. The next day the idiot authorised repairer phones me to say he has my repaired phone... SERIOUSLY!! The worst customer service and communication and I was supposed to have a dedicated case manager, what a joke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: June 6, 2019

My son bought iPhone 6 from Apple store from Fairview mall, Kitchener. After 1 yrs 3 months phone has died. It has service station problem, they were not able to fix it. Apple is a big company that's why they don't care about the quality. They only know how to take money from customer. He was a student. He bought the phone from his first month pay cheque.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have an iPhone 7 and until recently I had no issues with it, until I started an update. The update got stuck at "verifying update" for over 2 hours!!! I googled to learn how to restart the phone, which I did, however, then I had "no service". Believing this to be my carrier's problem (Verizon), I went to the Verizon store. They informed me this was not their issue but something they've been seeing a lot of lately with iPhone 7 users. They tried to fix it, but the phone kept getting stuck at the update - essentially making the phone useless.

I have been out of work for 4-months so I don't have money for a replacement or an upgrade, but I did need my "phone". Ended up calling Apple who explained they knew of this issue and if I sent my phone back to them they would repair or replace it at no charge. I still needed a phone, so in order to get a loaner phone, I had to go to an actual Apple Store. From where I was (Vero Beach, FL), the nearest Apple Stores were a 100 miles either north or south of my location. So needing a loaner and having NO options, I drove the 100 miles to the Orlando store.

I will now have to drive back to Orlando to return my loaner and get my repaired phone. Another 200 mile round-trip with tolls - still no job - still no income. I had contacted Apple Support, Apple Customer Service, the Apple Store Orlando Manager, and yes, Tim Cook himself in hopes that Apple would compensate me for my aggravation, stress and costs spent dealing with this issue - an issue they knew about and yet did nothing to notify users. Because they were not proactive, it put the sole responsibility of their known problem on my (the customer) shoulders.

After hours of conversations, sadly I have to report that Apple is not the company I thought it was. They don't seem to care that I have been inconvenienced because of their poor business practices. Until this situation, I had been a happy Apple consumer and reference. This is no longer the case. They have made NO attempt to do ANYTHING to help me in this situation. They will not compensate me for my time, gas and tolls. They have not offered to help with returning the loaner and getting my defunct phone back.

A billion dollar world-wide company can't do anything to help resolve a problem they created?? It's a sad day for all Apple users. NOTHING TO HELP. Maybe they don't care, but they have lost a customer (and reference) today. I will eventually get a new job and will then be able to upgrade, but it won't be to another iPhone. Also, I have other Apple products which I will promptly sell. I am completely disappointed in Apple, they have let me down.

Original review: May 31, 2019

iPhone is ok and all but it's still ** up. How some iPhones battery go down so fast???? And how y'all gonna make iPods but y'all chargers suck. Can't even keep a charger for so long until it won't wanna charge the iPhone. Like at least fix y'all chargers before y'all wanna make headphones to a phone that ain't even that great. #androidisforever

Original review: May 19, 2019

Recently both of my iPhone 8+ started dropping WiFi without any notification resulting in overcharges from ATT. The Apple customer service reps went above and beyond in resolving our problem. If everyone would treat customers like Apple then we would all be better. ATT basically said it was not their problem but to contact AppleCare. The only phone support from ATT is offshore and they are either unable or unwilling to transfer to a US customer service center. I have had such bad service from offshore centers I will not deal with them.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I just recently purchased an iPhone Xs through my carrier. After entering a dead zone or no signal zone and returning to an area with signal. My phone still has text option and internet data. But once I try to make a call, the call drops after 8 seconds. It has done this repeatedly until I completely shut the phone off and restart it. I’ve contacted my carrier and there’s nothing they can do but tell me to contact Apple. I contact Apple and they won’t honor their Apple care or warranty without me leaving a $1200 deposit hold on my credit card due to my location. Or I can send in my phone and wait 10 days.

I find this to be ridiculous for a phone less than 30 days old and $1200 plus $200 in accessories. Apple does not have a fix for this issue and doesn’t really seem to care. My coworkers are having the same issues and further research online shows many others are experiencing the same problems. Now I’m stuck with a $1200+ phone that is less reliable than my 7s.

Apple iPhone Company Information