1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

399 Adobe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

ADOBE and its products are TERRIBLE! I signed up for 1 month because I only needed it for a one time use. The next month there was another charge for $21.39. I asked for a refund and they offered me 1 month free and a special 3 month contract. They totally weren't listening to my request. The rest of the story... I was unable to use ADOBE to get e-signatures because of its complicated software. After 1 hour of screwing around with the Adobe software (at a friend's suggestion) I went to DOCUSIGN. I was able to get my document request for signatures in less than 5 minutes. Not only user friendly but less expensive. I am not affiliated with DocuSign but out of my frustration with Adobe I had no choice but to share my experience with others before they make the same mistake I did. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. DON'T BUY ADOBE!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

This was the most horrible, unprofessional experience with a large company that I have ever had. I would never recommend the use/download of Adobe Pro or any other products because of the lack of professionalism with customer service, the lack of care, and the challenge created when you are trying to cancel a plan. The product, Adobe Pro, was mediocre and minimally useful. I cancelled the plan, and have proof of cancelling, but was told that my plan was still active and there was nothing that could be done. I am beyond disappointed with Adobe.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Signed up for Adobe Creative Cloud and paying their subscription. Verified my email and set up my account. Using it fine for 17 days and on the 18th, my password no longer worked. It was on the weekend, I had to hold for someone on a chat because there is no phone support on the weekends. Meanwhile unable to complete a project because I can't use my software, I spent over an hour on the chat support sorting it out. First, I have been receiving emails from Adobe to the account I signed up with and set up the login. After setting the login, also had emails come to me to verify my email.

While on this chat and discover why there was a problem logging in, they said the email had a typo. This cannot be accurate, I have 7 emails from them since signing into my account to the email I signed up with. I had to reset my password before this experience and received an email to my account email that was stated I had a typo in. Finally, how would I be able to even download the software if my email was incorrect and had a typo? The download link to install the software goes to the email you signed up with and I received that email and downloaded the software. It doesn't add up.

I cannot understand why this would ever happen and the customer support person not acknowledge and let me know the actual issue. Why would I be able to keep logging in all week with the only email I provided and then the next day not. They wanted me to give my personal info, my credit card and I gave them the confirmation details. I do not want to give out CC info! What a very poor way to run a business in every part of this experience. I don't know what has happened to Adobe, have gotten too big? Sincerely disappointed in the company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought a month's worth of license to finish a project. I was not informed of any recurring charges until I realized I was debited the next month. I quickly try to cancel my so called "subscription" and I can't do it unless I contact customer support which is putting me on hold on chat! I have raised this as unauthorised deduction to Paypal!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

It is impossible to cancel your subscription. They list a tutorial online for how to cancel your membership. I followed the tutorial, only when I got to the last page, the 'cancel membership' button wasn't there. Every other button was there that was supposed to be there, but the cancel button was mysteriously missing. I thought I must be doing something wrong, I followed the tutorial many more times, but to no avail. I tried calling them several times directly to cancel, but no one would answer and I couldn't leave a message. I tried emailing them, but they don't list an email address, instead it's a 'contact us' button. When you click it, it asks you a series of questions regarding why you might be contacting them. Clicking on any of them sends you through a loop of questions and lands you right back at the tutorial for how to cancel your membership. It's actually impossible to email them. There is literally no way to contact them at all.

Then, I found a clause on the website that stated, the 'cancel membership' button only appears during the month of the anniversary when you subscribed. This means if you joined in November 2016, you would only find the 'cancel membership' button on your account in the month of November on each subsequent year, ex. November 2017. Well, I missed that time frame by a couple days...which means I have to pay for a whole year before I can cancel...unless I pay a fee to cancel early which I couldn't pay because the 'cancel membership' button isn't there (which is, consequently, the route they tell you to take when canceling 'prematurely').

Luckily, my credit card company looked into it, saw how ridiculous it was, also informed me that they had been taking extra tiny transactions from my account (between $0.12 and &1.50) on multiple occasions on top of my monthly fee. Anyways, thank goodness my credit card company was able to help me out of this mess. Otherwise I would have to wait until next year to get out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We recently purchased a brand new MacBook Pro, and got an Adobe products bundle. My wife was particularly excited about the Premiere Elements software. However, the Premiere program wouldn't record video with the laptop's built-in camera. There was no information provided for why this is the case. There was little to no information on their forum... so we decided to contact tech support.

Except there is no tech support from a living human being. It does not take long to realize that Adobe has spent lots of money to ensure you cannot get tech support for their product. Good luck finding a phone number, or even a text chat option for questions! Come to find out, after extensive searching, that Adobe Premiere doesn't work for some ungodly reason with MacBook internal cameras. This is not something they specifically and clearly state in their marketing to Macintosh customers. Foul. Big time.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Picture this: You're a mom. Your two babies are in the car. One is only a few days old. You go to get gas. You pump three gallons, and the pump stops. You think the pump is broken and try a different pump. It says "see attendant." You thank the lord you were able to get three gallons at least (or you would have been stranded) and you get in your car and drive. You call your husband on the bluetooth, "Babe my debit card was rejected at the gas station. WTH?" Your husband checks online and says, "Adobe took $483 from our account."

What if there was $10 less in that account? Then no gas for you! What if your husband was in a long meeting, and didn't answer his phone for several hours? Then you'd be stranded for several hours with a newborn in a car that had no gas. What if you had no formula because your next stop after getting gas was to get formula? Too bad. You'd be stranded in a car with no gas with a screaming newborn. What if it was freezing or broiling out? Too bad. You'd have to call 911. All because Adobe thought it was a good business model to make massive withdrawals from people's accounts, without notifying them.

I invested hundreds if not thousands of hours into learning the Adobe software. I took continuing ed classes and Lynda classes. My job now is that I'm a mom. I want to keep my skills current so that I can go back out there in two or three or four years. But Adobe made the unilateral decision that I was not a student anymore, and that they could take $500 out of my pocket whenever they felt like it, without telling me. If you don't have children, maybe you don't understand. But when a company's actions threaten to leave you and your children in a life-threatening situation, you kind of decide that you will never use their software again. EVER. For any reason.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I paid for a year of Student membership and never authorized them to make monthly charges. Once the year expired they charged me a monthly payment that I did not agree to. When I tried to cancel I could not because I had to update my card information and guess what, as soon as I updated it they charged me and now do not want to give me a refund. The online customer service is extremely inefficient and did not help with anything.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

So I know Adobe as a company is probably untouchable and this review will achieve nothing but its online support is highly incompetent! So I contacted them about problems with saving Photoshop psd files as jpeg files. The online staff remotely accessed my computer and after 5 hours of attempting to try and uninstall and reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud and updating Photoshop I was left with Photoshop not opening any files at all! I tried contacting them again today and am being told they are experiencing technical difficulties and I will have to wait another 2-3 hours at least before I can hope to get help! REALLY?! How about Adobe use some of our cash that they take on a monthly basis and invest in some PROFESSIONAL tech staff who can actually help RESOLVE problems?!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have been on a rampage recently with Adobe as I noticed they have been over-billing for quite some time. After I discovered several unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account in amounts over $380 I called and demanded a refund. I never ever authorized the withdrawal in the amount and I never authorized a yearly subscription to anything. When I finally got a hold of customer service they said, it's in your contract. I said, "I never purchased that item, I purchased a monthly 19 account." They tried to tell me my student status expired. I said, "That's not true, in my account profile it says it's valid. I never received notice of ineligibility and if you take any more money out of my account, I will alert my bank to flag your withdrawal as an un-authorized purchase."

Other phone calls followed with Adobe. I made it clear multiple, multiple times both in emails and over the phone, that I cancelled all of my accounts, but they still took money out of my account claiming they had no notice or insufficient notice of my cancelling. Get this, you have 14 days out of a year to cancel, or you are stuck in a contract for another year at a price you never elected to pay. I've had it and I'm not putting up with it. I"m blocking them from my checking account and I will never ever, ever do business with them again. They're thieves and crooks and they care nothing about loyal customers of which I have been one since 2002. Warning, don't ever, under any circumstances give Adobe your card info. The cycle will never ever end and they will make unauthorized withdrawals from your checking account.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used a 30-day free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. At the end of this I attempted to cancel, but I was offered an "extension" of the 2 month "free" trial. Who would turn that down? So I continued the service despite not really having the time to use it, so it wasn't really worth an extension in the first place. When I went to cancel it, I found out that they charge a "cancellation fee" of $19.98! That is literally the full price of the two months. After contacting customer service, they told me that you can only avoid the fees by continue using their services for a YEAR at $9.99/mo. When I pointed out how shady and wrong it is to market their "buy a year, get 2 months free or pay the full price of the two months" as a FREE TRIAL, I was told to read through the fine print of their 50 page terms and conditions. This is an unabashed scam. Do not use their products– I never will again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Adobe "online support" is a joke. You can't interface with anyone & the forced fields can't reply to any specific issues. I have used Photoshop for over a decade & am having trouble with the program recognizing ACTIONs & Edits I have made. Can't get anyone to respond in real time. I have work deadlines & Adobe can't be bothered. I would be willing to $$$$ for some direct support help if the problem is on my end. I believe the Cloud Photoshop is having sync issues that could at least be addressed or quickly corrected if only Adobe had a way to interact in real time. The bridge screenshot shows a resolution discrepancy that proves that there are sync information issues. Thus a possible hint as to why written ACTIONS don't respond to commands. Very frustrated, will try again to contact Adobe.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Adobe "online support" is a joke. You can't interface with anyone & the forced fields can't replay to very specific issues. I have used Photoshop for over a decade & am having trouble with the program recognizing ACTIONs & edits I have made. Can't get anyone to respond in real time. I have work deadlines & Adobe can't be bothered. I would be willing to $$$ for some direct support help if the problem is on my end. I believe the Cloud Photoshop is having issues that could at least be addressed or corrected quickly if only Adobe had a way to interact in real time.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Adobe stole over $60 out of my account after I canceled a monthly subscription. I called to speak to their customer care department, and I got someone from India. She said it was their cancelation fee, which is outrageous and I did not authorize this. After arguing with her, she said they'd put the money back in my account in 7-10 business days. Terrible, terrible experience!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Hi, I just installed AI and it automatically wants to charge me for Adobe Stock $29.99. I logged in to try and cancel my service, but I can't. So I had to call customer service which is based in INDIA with terrible english speaking skills. I've spent 45 mins repeating my issue which the rep clearly didn't understand with numerous times of repeating. He put me on hold for 20 mins to try and cancel my Adobe Stock INVOLUNTARY subscription and then HE HUNG UP ON ME. This is a terrible experience, and a complete and unnecessary waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I accessed the Adobe ID to cancel the Adobe Pro DC subscription before the 7-days trial on August 6th, 2018. Today I checked my checking account and saw the Adobe charges for a subscription that I never agreed upon. I canceled on Adobe website last month but never received an email and I forgot about it. Today I had to paid a early fee of 32 dollars for something I did not need to. Lost a customer for the Cloud subscription forever because I still have CS6 DVD in house. Thank you Adobe to steal almost $ 50 from me.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Wow. The last piece of my workflow changing to rent a program. Nope just like the rest of the software I used change to monthly rental, and I'm gone. So CC ya all when Adobe get their head out of their ss.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I pay monthly for the use of all Adobe apps and cloud storage. My plan says that it includes several services including "Edit in full resolution and have both your original photos and edits backed up to the cloud". My LR desktop app shows a cloud in the top right corner that automatically updates and if you hover over it says "synced and backed up". So I'm under the impression that my files are backed up. I accidentally deleted some photos and immediately called adobe to see how I can retrieve my backup. I was told there is no actual backup, it only syncs, and if you delete something from your computer app it will automatically be deleted from the cloud and your other devices.

After complaining on Twitter I was contacted by adobe and told they could retrieve the files and I would receive them by the end of the day today. Now I'm told they "need more time" but no details as to how long and no confirmation that after this extra time I will get the deleted files. The Twitter rep instructs me to communicate through her. The phone rep continues to call me and instruct me to not listen to her and only to communicate through him.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Past 3 months I have been constantly trying to get help from the Adobe Customer Service in India regarding the Redemption Code issue, but have got always a failed reply. They make fake promise to get back to you within 24 hours and to work on the case as a top priority, but fail to do so. So disappointed with the people they hire, especially the ones who deal with customer help.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Adobe customer service sucks. It is difficult to find a telephone number to purchase a product. When you finally do find a number you are on terminal hold - over 40 minutes when the robo message says 7 minutes. Adobe Lightroom CC is supposed to have a feature to create a photo book that works with Blurb. I looked at their videos but the information is useless. I tried to get help on this issue but to no avail. I am now looking for another editing program that works better and has better customer service. Also, from what I've seen canceling is problematic as well.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Try to cancel a subscription - impossible. Website completely fails to allow for account cancellations. Customer service can't speak English. Monthly recurring charges are deceptive and should be made voluntary, not automatically. Every effort is made to take money from customers and no effort is made to enable customers to get out of their account. Very sleazy to try and purposefully trap customers.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I recently noticed a double billing for Adobe Creative Cloud on my bank statement. Turned out it has been happening since January 2018. I contacted Adobe to resolve and found out I had made the mistake of creating two accounts, one for each of my computers, instead of putting both computers on one account since each account covers up to 2 computers. My mistake, but I asked Adobe if they could help me out with a refund since I clearly did not need two subscriptions for only two computers. They would not, even after I let them know I have been buying & subscribing to their software for 20 years. I understand the mistake is on me. But, to not bend their policies for a loyal customer of 20 years who has probably spent over $5k, seems like a recipe for quick desertion once an equal or better product comes about. No customer loyalty means no brand loyalty back.

Original review: July 21, 2018

"Get 10 Adobe Stock standard assets with your free 30-day trial". The promotion leads to believe that you will still have the option to claim your 10 free stock photos within the risk free month you are signing up for, but it turns out that cancelling also cancels this option. Confused, I try reaching out to Adobe support, turning out to be hours of investigations to find a chat. They explain, that what you have to do, to keep the access to the 10 free photos, is to "STOP BILLING". When I ask how choose this option, they explain, that you have to contact support... I have to ask ten times to get an answer to "where" in their promotion it is stated that this is what to do, if you want to keep the option to claim 10 free pictures (as cancelling will end this option). The answer from support to "where this info is available to the consumer": NOWHERE. It took a lot of time to get the support to admit this.

Conclusion: If this is not a scam, I don't know what is. The promotion: 1) Lures the credit card info from trusting consumers. 2) Take away the "gift" if consumer wants to avoid billing, before having made use of the 10 free photos. 3) Does not explain the do's and dont's to the consumer in any fair or straight way. There is NO mention of the "stop billing" option, and it is not available in the user control panel.

Finally: Adobe makes a BIG deal of pretending they offer human support. Reality is, that they are making it almost impossible to get to the point where the chat option appears. There are no email address for complaints or support. Adobe may have decent products, but ethics and true customer care is not real. Its a scam.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I really wish I could rate them less than 1 star. I realized I have been paying a subscription to Adobe since 2015 for a product I never use. Every time I try to cancel my subscription it says I will have to pay some outrageous fee for cancelling early. So I figure I'll just let my subscription end. However, there is no way to actually let your subscription run out since it automatically renews you without your permission. I've tried to find a button to not allow an automatic renewal but it does not exist. As a matter of fact, I can't even find the cancellation button anymore. They've made it as hard as they can for you to cancel. I really wish they do a class action lawsuit against them. I've paid almost $400 for something I don't use and can't get rid of...

Original review: July 6, 2018

Thank all you folks who confirmed a suspicion I've had. That Adobe's new software is rental-based as opposed to you being able to the past where you purchased their software outright. I have refrained from accepting their cloud-based software as it smacked of renting the software, thus making you perpetually in debt to them. I purchased alternative software that functions basically the same without the rental flavoring. I do have the Adobe CS6 Suite but am not using it because it ceased updating and periodically didn't work. When I replaced the HDDs on my computer with SSDs, I simply didn't try to reinstall the Adobe Suite. Mainly as I had no use for it at the time.

To be honest, the few times I needed support, Adobe proved to be fast and efficient WHEN I managed to through to them. Now, I thank you, people, for verifying I made a good choice. Rather than purchase the newest suite, I opted to purchase at a much cheaper price graphic and other software from a competitor. A competitor who sells software instead of renting it. They don't siphon your wallet while they keep it incarcerated in auto-renewal penitentiary under false charges. Thank you. Finally, I'm here by accident.

I was seeking an email address to send Adobe. I periodically receive rotating email address notices from a vendor who is apparently selling downloadable pirate software online. Using various blocking features of my mailer and MailWasher Pro hasn't stopped it. So I was looking for a fast easy, no jumping through hoops way to report it to Adobe. But now I think I'll just stay away and mind my own business but still try blocking this vendor as the emails now are spam. So will report it as spam to agencies that supposedly deals with that.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My Daughter needed Adobe for a school project (like many thousand kids worldwide), they are steered to agree to a subscription without parent consent. Then Adobe makes it impossible to cancel online. They would not cancel on the phone after calling. I saw there is a class action that has been filed. I contacted my bank and filed a claim to stop the payments. Crossing my fingers this nightmare goes away soon.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I looked everywhere to cancel/close my Adobe ID account. I tried to contact Adobe and they make it so difficult, I finally was able to get them on the phone (with someone from India). They made it sound like if I cancel my account my Adobe Acrobat reader which came with the computer won't work anymore. I don't really believe them. They are very DISHONEST. Another thing they do when you try to update Adobe Flash, it tries to trick you to set up McAfee security which is probably the worst security out there, they are just as dishonest lying losers like Adobe.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Customer Help Experience is the worst I have ever experienced. While writing this complaint I have been on various holds within ADOBE for more than 90 minutes as I keep getting shifted around from department to department without any concern for the customer. All I am trying to do is log in to start using the program. This is outrageous!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Recently, I received an Alert from my credit card company that I had been charged a modest amount for a purchase from Adobe Systems ($10.88). I initially thought this was probably a recurring subscription for Adobe PDF products which I use. However, I checked my Adobe account and confirmed that I pay for my Adobe PDF Export license annually, and I had in fact just paid it. So I contacted Adobe to try to get details on what the charge was for. They could not FIND a charge for my account for anything other than my annual renewal. I thought, great! Then I contact Chase and determined that in fact my account was charged on the date/time indicted in my alert, by some CALLING THEMSELVES Adobe Systems. I stopped the payment and had a new card issued.

Here is where my review actually begins... I called Adobe back just to let them know it looked like someone out there in the ether was scamming customers and using their name in vain in the process. You would have thought I was trying to murder someone! I was on hold for over 10 minutes waiting to tell someone in Customer Service what happened. (Again!) Then I was placed on hold for another 5 minutes while they found someone from fraud protection to speak to me. And the person who came on the line from fraud protection turned out to be a slighted more elevated customer service rep who really couldn't do anything to access my account to triple check that no other charges were made to my cards from Adobe. And then I was told to stay by my phone because someone from the REALLY SERIOUSLY FRAUD ALERT DEPARTMENT was going to be in contact.

In the meantime, I've cancelled my credit card. You would think that trying to help Adobe's public brand not be caught up in a big scamming scandal that they would be more responsive. Let me be clear: this does not look like it has anything to do with Adobe, other than it appears my credit card has been hacked and they are being used as the foil to blame for this fact.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I cancel my account to take a break. They charging me 250 which I don't have that kind of money for annual which I only suppose to be charge 55 a month. This is a huge ripoff and they need to be investigated for fraud because they overcharge you when you cancel. And guess what you can't buy a new plan until you pay the fee. Please investigate them.

Adobe Company Information