1.01/5

412 Adobe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

It is worth calling out a company for bad behavior. Adobe makes Premiere Elements a poorly written & highly buggy program. Using the program proved to be a nightmare. I tried to set up a slideshow with my photo clips of sheet music, setting to music. The idea was to have the pages appear at each point matching the music. It was impossible to correctly set the durations of each clip. No matter what I did the the program chose its own unrelated duration. Also, importing the clips came in totally disorganized despite my numbering them correctly.

Four techs at Adobe looked at it and the conclusion of the upper level techs (two of them) was that the program is buggy and poorly written and has been since 2018. Adobe's response? No refund and, worse, they arbitrarily cancelled an escalation of the problem to the highest level tech service. The purpose of the escalation was for solving the problems. Basically, Adobe doesn't care to write good software and does not support what they have done even though they know it is poor. My resolution? I purchased Movavi Slideshow Maker and it works perfectly and effortlessly. Imports the clips in the proper order and sets them up automatically on the music timeline and setting the durations is accurate and correct. Conclusion: Avoid Adobe at all costs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had purchased a new Dell Windows 10 computer that I had installed Adobe Cloud access on for Indesign. It took forever to boot up then choked and paused for some time after login in. I got to where I just left it and did other work and came back later. It was difficult to open other programs and use too... I thought this was a Windows 10 issue having never used that version. After uninstalling all of Adobe apps which took some time to do... Then rebooting... My Windows 10 Dell computer nearly flash boots up and lets me go right to work. So a word of warning about Adobe Cloud it will choke up your biz computer and slow your work and use down to a crawl.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 7, 2019

I am getting double charged from an unknown ID email address. Adobe customer service will not provide me the unknown charged ID email address. I had been (double) charged from my debit for $39.99 and my mother's credit card for $52.99 from back in November of 2018. This is stealing and fraud.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Adobe charged my account on February 1 and February 27 for a full month's service yet not even a full month's time passed between February 1 and February 27. I contacted Adobe via chat and got no response. Isn't this stealing???

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I signed up for their 10-free-images campaign with an email and my bank card's numbers. I didn't even had to confirm the email, but when I wanted to start downloading, it asked me to sign in. Then I realized I gave an email with a typo in it, so they actually stored my bank card's details without me being able to sign in and change the package or cancel their service if I'd want to. It took me 10 minutes to find the way on their labyrinth site to get in contact with the customer service by chat, and another 3 hours until someone joined the chat and solved the case. Now imagine if I don't remember of the exact typo I made in the email address and couldn't give it to them to find the subscription or if I'd think they won't charge anyway. The point is not only the money, but the way this system is set up, no email confirmation, hard to contact them, waiting hours to finally get someone to answer on the chat. The kind of company I'd never recommend to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I called to ask why Acrobat X gets itself into a state in which it won't start and I need to uninstall and re-install the project, which requires a Windows restart and takes about 10 minutes. So far I've spend more than 6 hours in phone calls, talking to the wrong people, getting transferred to the wrong people, and getting disconnected. I spent over an hour just getting them to be able to find my account in their system. Then I got transferred from one person to another, each time having to explain which product I was calling about and all the details about my issue. I was told that they'd escalated my case because I filled a very negative survey, but that went nowhere. I'm better off just using some tools on my computer and figuring it out for myself. It would probably have taken less time.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Have been using Adobe products for years, specifically Photoshop and Lightroom. Both of these products I purchased and obtained a legitimate copy. Just the other day I received a notification on Photoshop that I have a non-genuine copy... Absolute **! I am using an older version of Photoshop, CS5 because I don't feel that I need all the bells and whistles of the CC online version. I think this is Adobe's conniving way of screwing over their customers to make them switch to the online version (CC), which they can charge monthly fees for access. I am not alone. This is happening to thousands of people recently. This is really sad that a company would do this to so many loyal customers. I am actively looking for other options so I can say goodbye to Adobe forever. Bottom line: Don't purchase an Adobe product unless you are okay getting screwed in the end.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

** Adobe doesn't make anything easy. I just want to make a master PDF that I can open, fill out, and have my clients sign. Each file would be saved without changing the master so I can use it for the next client. How hard is that Adobe? ** you.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I've been using Adobe software since 1998. I fought to get Premiere integrated into our studio & broadcast workflows. I preached the benefits of Photoshop, After Effects, even Audition (I remember when it was still Cool Edit Pro). I bought numerous versions of every program and creative suite. For this, Adobe has thanked me and other professionals by turning a blind eye to us and focusing instead on grabbing as much consumer (your) cash as they possibly can, software stability, usability, and customer satisfaction don't factor into their business model anymore. What does it tell you that when I need stability, I often find myself firing up an old Creative Suite from 2005 inside a virtual machine? 14 years, and the software works WORSE than it did before.

Folks, if you are here to see if an Adobe subscription is worth it, I can tell you from decades of experience with this company that it is most definitely NOT worth your time or your hard-earned money. These guys lost the mission a long time ago, now they exist solely to milk as much money out of the market as possible. There are other alternatives out there.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

When you sign up with Adobe, they automatically put you into a subscription with an end date (with a duration you do not choose), but without making that clear-- and without making it clear that they will ask you to pay half of the remaining subscription if you ask to cancel before the end date that you didn't know about. I also used a few photos from Adobe Stock, without realising this would also create another subscription with a locked-in contract. I went to cancel the stock subscription and after I clicked the button to confirm cancellation, I received a confirmation screen that said I would be charged $117 to cancel. I was not made aware of this before confirming cancellation.

I contacted support about this and was told I'd be refunded the $117. They then refunded the stock payment (30 something dollars). I contacted them again to cancel the CC subscription, as well, as I'm just fed up at this stage. It took over an hour and we'll see if I'll get the refund as promised (again). I would suggest asking for a transcript of the support chat and mentioning chargeback if they try to evade helping you. Adobe is well expensive compared to other solutions now, and have terribly un-transparent business practices. Sad to see a decent product ruined by shady business practices.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

If you're planning to buy the membership, be aware that they take money from you monthly. I wasn't informed about this, so I've basically been losing money every month without realizing. Also, when you try to uninstall, they will try to charge you double what you pay for month! It's outrageous. Trying to cancel is an act of congress too. They have a useless chat support on their website and when I tried to call they said their servers are down and tried to "look into the problem" without even getting any of my information. They are scammers and sleazy. Don't download unless your job requires you using it for long periods of time.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have used Adobe for many, many years and have always purchased through them. I got an email stating that my Acrobat XI was counterfeit and they kept putting lock through a popup window on my computer every time I tried to use it. I called and talked to them 3 times without resolution because they would not remove the popup without the original email that gave me the license number which was 2 moves ago and a change in email. The only way they would do it is if I bought the DC Pro. I had to have PDF software for my business. So several hundreds of dollars later I have DC Pro but hate it. It is not as user friendly as XI nor does it have the quick use of XI. I hope someone builds something else soon.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have been using the Creative Cloud since Adobe started the program. Yesterday I get an email stating my subscription was canceled. I called them and was told that my December bill was never paid. My bill was paid way back on the 20th, which is my due date. My credit card shows the date that it was taken out. They looked into my account again and it was confirmed by them that it was paid. Two different answers, and yet not a legit reason or explanation to this strange enigma. So they told me that back in August, they had issues with billing, when my credit card was declined. I asked them, "How is that relevant to my current bill? That was way back in August of last year, which was a day late, but was paid. We're talking about a December dispute, which turns out, was both on time, and now you cancel my account in the middle of this Jan 2019?" Watch Adobe and your account.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

ADOBE and its products are TERRIBLE! I signed up for 1 month because I only needed it for a one time use. The next month there was another charge for $21.39. I asked for a refund and they offered me 1 month free and a special 3 month contract. They totally weren't listening to my request. The rest of the story... I was unable to use ADOBE to get e-signatures because of its complicated software. After 1 hour of screwing around with the Adobe software (at a friend's suggestion) I went to DOCUSIGN. I was able to get my document request for signatures in less than 5 minutes. Not only user friendly but less expensive. I am not affiliated with DocuSign but out of my frustration with Adobe I had no choice but to share my experience with others before they make the same mistake I did. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. DON'T BUY ADOBE!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

This was the most horrible, unprofessional experience with a large company that I have ever had. I would never recommend the use/download of Adobe Pro or any other products because of the lack of professionalism with customer service, the lack of care, and the challenge created when you are trying to cancel a plan. The product, Adobe Pro, was mediocre and minimally useful. I cancelled the plan, and have proof of cancelling, but was told that my plan was still active and there was nothing that could be done. I am beyond disappointed with Adobe.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Signed up for Adobe Creative Cloud and paying their subscription. Verified my email and set up my account. Using it fine for 17 days and on the 18th, my password no longer worked. It was on the weekend, I had to hold for someone on a chat because there is no phone support on the weekends. Meanwhile unable to complete a project because I can't use my software, I spent over an hour on the chat support sorting it out. First, I have been receiving emails from Adobe to the account I signed up with and set up the login. After setting the login, also had emails come to me to verify my email.

While on this chat and discover why there was a problem logging in, they said the email had a typo. This cannot be accurate, I have 7 emails from them since signing into my account to the email I signed up with. I had to reset my password before this experience and received an email to my account email that was stated I had a typo in. Finally, how would I be able to even download the software if my email was incorrect and had a typo? The download link to install the software goes to the email you signed up with and I received that email and downloaded the software. It doesn't add up.

I cannot understand why this would ever happen and the customer support person not acknowledge and let me know the actual issue. Why would I be able to keep logging in all week with the only email I provided and then the next day not. They wanted me to give my personal info, my credit card and I gave them the confirmation details. I do not want to give out CC info! What a very poor way to run a business in every part of this experience. I don't know what has happened to Adobe, have gotten too big? Sincerely disappointed in the company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought a month's worth of license to finish a project. I was not informed of any recurring charges until I realized I was debited the next month. I quickly try to cancel my so called "subscription" and I can't do it unless I contact customer support which is putting me on hold on chat! I have raised this as unauthorised deduction to Paypal!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

It is impossible to cancel your subscription. They list a tutorial online for how to cancel your membership. I followed the tutorial, only when I got to the last page, the 'cancel membership' button wasn't there. Every other button was there that was supposed to be there, but the cancel button was mysteriously missing. I thought I must be doing something wrong, I followed the tutorial many more times, but to no avail. I tried calling them several times directly to cancel, but no one would answer and I couldn't leave a message. I tried emailing them, but they don't list an email address, instead it's a 'contact us' button. When you click it, it asks you a series of questions regarding why you might be contacting them. Clicking on any of them sends you through a loop of questions and lands you right back at the tutorial for how to cancel your membership. It's actually impossible to email them. There is literally no way to contact them at all.

Then, I found a clause on the website that stated, the 'cancel membership' button only appears during the month of the anniversary when you subscribed. This means if you joined in November 2016, you would only find the 'cancel membership' button on your account in the month of November on each subsequent year, ex. November 2017. Well, I missed that time frame by a couple days...which means I have to pay for a whole year before I can cancel...unless I pay a fee to cancel early which I couldn't pay because the 'cancel membership' button isn't there (which is, consequently, the route they tell you to take when canceling 'prematurely').

Luckily, my credit card company looked into it, saw how ridiculous it was, also informed me that they had been taking extra tiny transactions from my account (between $0.12 and &1.50) on multiple occasions on top of my monthly fee. Anyways, thank goodness my credit card company was able to help me out of this mess. Otherwise I would have to wait until next year to get out.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We recently purchased a brand new MacBook Pro, and got an Adobe products bundle. My wife was particularly excited about the Premiere Elements software. However, the Premiere program wouldn't record video with the laptop's built-in camera. There was no information provided for why this is the case. There was little to no information on their forum... so we decided to contact tech support.

Except there is no tech support from a living human being. It does not take long to realize that Adobe has spent lots of money to ensure you cannot get tech support for their product. Good luck finding a phone number, or even a text chat option for questions! Come to find out, after extensive searching, that Adobe Premiere doesn't work for some ungodly reason with MacBook internal cameras. This is not something they specifically and clearly state in their marketing to Macintosh customers. Foul. Big time.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Picture this: You're a mom. Your two babies are in the car. One is only a few days old. You go to get gas. You pump three gallons, and the pump stops. You think the pump is broken and try a different pump. It says "see attendant." You thank the lord you were able to get three gallons at least (or you would have been stranded) and you get in your car and drive. You call your husband on the bluetooth, "Babe my debit card was rejected at the gas station. WTH?" Your husband checks online and says, "Adobe took $483 from our account."

What if there was $10 less in that account? Then no gas for you! What if your husband was in a long meeting, and didn't answer his phone for several hours? Then you'd be stranded for several hours with a newborn in a car that had no gas. What if you had no formula because your next stop after getting gas was to get formula? Too bad. You'd be stranded in a car with no gas with a screaming newborn. What if it was freezing or broiling out? Too bad. You'd have to call 911. All because Adobe thought it was a good business model to make massive withdrawals from people's accounts, without notifying them.

I invested hundreds if not thousands of hours into learning the Adobe software. I took continuing ed classes and Lynda classes. My job now is that I'm a mom. I want to keep my skills current so that I can go back out there in two or three or four years. But Adobe made the unilateral decision that I was not a student anymore, and that they could take $500 out of my pocket whenever they felt like it, without telling me. If you don't have children, maybe you don't understand. But when a company's actions threaten to leave you and your children in a life-threatening situation, you kind of decide that you will never use their software again. EVER. For any reason.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I paid for a year of Student membership and never authorized them to make monthly charges. Once the year expired they charged me a monthly payment that I did not agree to. When I tried to cancel I could not because I had to update my card information and guess what, as soon as I updated it they charged me and now do not want to give me a refund. The online customer service is extremely inefficient and did not help with anything.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

So I know Adobe as a company is probably untouchable and this review will achieve nothing but its online support is highly incompetent! So I contacted them about problems with saving Photoshop psd files as jpeg files. The online staff remotely accessed my computer and after 5 hours of attempting to try and uninstall and reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud and updating Photoshop I was left with Photoshop not opening any files at all! I tried contacting them again today and am being told they are experiencing technical difficulties and I will have to wait another 2-3 hours at least before I can hope to get help! REALLY?! How about Adobe use some of our cash that they take on a monthly basis and invest in some PROFESSIONAL tech staff who can actually help RESOLVE problems?!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have been on a rampage recently with Adobe as I noticed they have been over-billing for quite some time. After I discovered several unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account in amounts over $380 I called and demanded a refund. I never ever authorized the withdrawal in the amount and I never authorized a yearly subscription to anything. When I finally got a hold of customer service they said, it's in your contract. I said, "I never purchased that item, I purchased a monthly 19 account." They tried to tell me my student status expired. I said, "That's not true, in my account profile it says it's valid. I never received notice of ineligibility and if you take any more money out of my account, I will alert my bank to flag your withdrawal as an un-authorized purchase."

Other phone calls followed with Adobe. I made it clear multiple, multiple times both in emails and over the phone, that I cancelled all of my accounts, but they still took money out of my account claiming they had no notice or insufficient notice of my cancelling. Get this, you have 14 days out of a year to cancel, or you are stuck in a contract for another year at a price you never elected to pay. I've had it and I'm not putting up with it. I"m blocking them from my checking account and I will never ever, ever do business with them again. They're thieves and crooks and they care nothing about loyal customers of which I have been one since 2002. Warning, don't ever, under any circumstances give Adobe your card info. The cycle will never ever end and they will make unauthorized withdrawals from your checking account.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used a 30-day free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. At the end of this I attempted to cancel, but I was offered an "extension" of the 2 month "free" trial. Who would turn that down? So I continued the service despite not really having the time to use it, so it wasn't really worth an extension in the first place. When I went to cancel it, I found out that they charge a "cancellation fee" of $19.98! That is literally the full price of the two months. After contacting customer service, they told me that you can only avoid the fees by continue using their services for a YEAR at $9.99/mo. When I pointed out how shady and wrong it is to market their "buy a year, get 2 months free or pay the full price of the two months" as a FREE TRIAL, I was told to read through the fine print of their 50 page terms and conditions. This is an unabashed scam. Do not use their products– I never will again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Adobe "online support" is a joke. You can't interface with anyone & the forced fields can't reply to any specific issues. I have used Photoshop for over a decade & am having trouble with the program recognizing ACTIONs & Edits I have made. Can't get anyone to respond in real time. I have work deadlines & Adobe can't be bothered. I would be willing to $$$$ for some direct support help if the problem is on my end. I believe the Cloud Photoshop is having sync issues that could at least be addressed or quickly corrected if only Adobe had a way to interact in real time. The bridge screenshot shows a resolution discrepancy that proves that there are sync information issues. Thus a possible hint as to why written ACTIONS don't respond to commands. Very frustrated, will try again to contact Adobe.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Adobe "online support" is a joke. You can't interface with anyone & the forced fields can't replay to very specific issues. I have used Photoshop for over a decade & am having trouble with the program recognizing ACTIONs & edits I have made. Can't get anyone to respond in real time. I have work deadlines & Adobe can't be bothered. I would be willing to $$$ for some direct support help if the problem is on my end. I believe the Cloud Photoshop is having issues that could at least be addressed or corrected quickly if only Adobe had a way to interact in real time.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Adobe stole over $60 out of my account after I canceled a monthly subscription. I called to speak to their customer care department, and I got someone from India. She said it was their cancelation fee, which is outrageous and I did not authorize this. After arguing with her, she said they'd put the money back in my account in 7-10 business days. Terrible, terrible experience!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Hi, I just installed AI and it automatically wants to charge me for Adobe Stock $29.99. I logged in to try and cancel my service, but I can't. So I had to call customer service which is based in INDIA with terrible english speaking skills. I've spent 45 mins repeating my issue which the rep clearly didn't understand with numerous times of repeating. He put me on hold for 20 mins to try and cancel my Adobe Stock INVOLUNTARY subscription and then HE HUNG UP ON ME. This is a terrible experience, and a complete and unnecessary waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I accessed the Adobe ID to cancel the Adobe Pro DC subscription before the 7-days trial on August 6th, 2018. Today I checked my checking account and saw the Adobe charges for a subscription that I never agreed upon. I canceled on Adobe website last month but never received an email and I forgot about it. Today I had to paid a early fee of 32 dollars for something I did not need to. Lost a customer for the Cloud subscription forever because I still have CS6 DVD in house. Thank you Adobe to steal almost $ 50 from me.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Wow. The last piece of my workflow changing to rent a program. Nope just like the rest of the software I used change to monthly rental, and I'm gone. So CC ya all when Adobe get their head out of their ss.

Adobe Company Information