Adobe

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Stacie of Riverhead, NY on

I had a membership for the online subscription of Adobe Creative Cloud. In January the charge of $390.92 appeared on my credit card statement. It says on the Adobe web page that if you cancel an automatic subscription within 14 days, you will be issued a full refund. I immediately logged on (within the 14 days) to cancel. However no refund was issued to my card. I tried to rectify this via their chat inquiries, but the representative said no refund could be issued because that only applies to "new memberships." Again, that is not what it says on the website. I then asked for a number to call and there I was told I would only get a partial refund. They needed to deduct the monthly charges because I did not call them to cancel. Nowhere does it say that canceling online requires a phone call as well. This is not acceptable. The fact that they can have information stating how to cancel online and then not adhere to it is unethical.

Stephen of Ville Platte, LA on

Nice and not so nice to see so many other people fighting this. I share an account with the account holder and we have been fighting with adobe all week about me being charged on MY card when MY card is nowhere on the account anymore. The account holder has his on it yet they refuse to charge it. I have tried talking with adobe and they keep running me in circles and ignoring me. So as of tonight, I filed a complaint with the BBB and hope to get some resolution after that. I will be calling my bank and informing them that adobe does not have authorization to use my card for charges. I also informed adobe techs and they don't seem to care. They keep telling me to update the card info which has been done MONTHS ago and still has the account holder's card on file yet they continue to charge me. That is FRAUD and is being filed as such. Adobe had their chance to address it now I'm getting BBB involved.

They also owe me for a double charge back in October. They charged me at the beginning of the month and at the end and refused to refund me the double charge. I have never dealt with such gross incompetence/negligence when trying to get resolution. They keep doing this nonsense of a "$1 test charge" to prove that the card on file is not "stolen." For some reason the test keeps failing, and the account holder has spoken to his bank and his bank continually says the problem is on Adobe's end. Even though they can't get the test charge through, Adobe has absolutely NO RIGHT to charge my card and continue to charge my account. I have informed them numerous times that what they are doing is fraud.

My name is not on the account. My card is NOT on the account. Every time I bring this up they send me a link to the card management page to update it despite it already being updated with the correct card. And they continually bring up that stupid $1 test charge. I will be going to my bank and telling them that Adobe is not allowed to charge my card and that it is a fraudulent transaction. I loved Adobe when they still used hard copies. Now that they've gone to this digital app crap where you have to pay for a monthly subscription I can't stand them and will be looking for an equivalent program that doesn't have near as much of a headache.

Petra of Helsinki, Other on
Consumer Increased Rating!
Update on the case: After several e-mails, phone calls, and discussions on the live-chat, I finally got a response from a Senior Support Member. The platform swap was done, I received a new license number for my CS6 on a Windows platform. Since then the software is up and running.

I´m glad that in the end the problem is solved. I just wish it didn´t take this long.

Petra of Helsinki, Other on

Original Review

My company purchased Adobe CS6 several years ago. It was set up to a Windows platform. In 2015 I changed my desktop computer to a Mac, which came with Yosemite operating system. As I wanted to continue using CS6, I asked for a platform swap through Adobe Customer Support. At that time, no one warned me from the Support Team, that the swap can be done only once and that it is irreversible. So anyway, the swap was done. After several days of trying, I could not install CS6 to my new Mac. I contacted Adobe Customer Support again, to help with the issue. I got the information, that CS6 was not compatible with Yosemite operating system. I was also informed, that the only solution for my problem was to stop trying the installation of CS6 and purchase the software through Cloud Service. As I am working with the software on a daily basis, I had no other choice than buying them through Cloud.

I felt that this was very unfair, as I already paid for CS6 over 1000€. Now, I had to subscribe to Cloud service, which costs me over 700€ each year. I recently received an email, that my yearly subscription is renewed. Recently I got the chance to install CS6 on a desktop computer with Windows operating system. I asked the Support Team to swap back the platform from Mac to Windows, but I got the information that it is not possible.

I think this is outrageous and unacceptable! I feel this is a ridiculously bad customer support and awful customer service! First, Adobe does not inform about the consequences of the swap. Adobe fails to inform that their software is not compatible with the operating system. Instead of solving this issue, they force me to buy the service again through Cloud. Now when I can actually use CS6, I am not allowed to, because the swap is irreversible. When I contact Customer Service, they don't help me, they just say "we'll contact you in 24-48 hours". (Right, I have been waiting for that contact for way too long now.) Me and my company have been Adobe customers for several years, so I do expect them to help solving this situation. Instead, I get the very worst customer service experience of my life!

Howard of Toronto, ON on

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro For Mac - I bought this through Price Tag Canada and paid good money for it, but suddenly the license was revoked without recourse and compensation. The license was perfectly valid when purchased and they kept my money sure enough, but now they want me to pay for a new programme. If this is a problem with a distributer they should not penalize customers retroactively, but they will do what they can get away with. What guarantee do I have that they won't pull the same stunt again in a year like they just did now if I buy something new? They count on people not bothering to sue over a few hundred dollars, but a class action would teach them a lesson. In the meantime, avoid like the plague.

anita of Philadelphia, PA on

I have had a reoccurring charge from a Adobe that is under someone else's name that hits my credit card monthly. I told this person I would no longer pay for their Adobe service after a certain date. Despite this, they signed up for a year service without my knowledge. Adobe is telling me I am not authorized to cancel the account or make payment changes because it is not under my name. I am telling them they are not authorized to charge my card! This is fraudulent. I never agreed to pay this and I am not able to cancel these charges.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Daniel of Notgivingout, PA on

Was looking to buy Illustrator and Indesign for personal use and now they try to charge a monthly fee. Sorry but software and hardware should be a one time deal. Isn't buy the software enough. Going to find similar software somewhere else, where I can actually own it. The rest of the software is going to crap just like Adobe Reader has a long time ago.

John of Lake Elsinore, CA on

I purchased the CC package for Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to do some work for a client. I stupidly decided to do the one-year subscription, thinking that it would be easy to unenroll in it after the year was up. Boy was I mistaken. I realized after receiving an "Auto-Renewal" email that I had been auto-renewed for another year ($30/mo, which over a year is nothing to sneeze at)! I had no intention of using Photoshop or Illustrator at any point in the next year, so I contacted customer service to cancel the renewal.

Apparently, you must cancel your auto-renewal within the 11th month (you can't do it earlier or disable auto-renewal - I tried). Otherwise, you're obligated to pay for another year. I was informed that the auto-renewal was irreversible, but I could pay a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the remaining year-long contract ($360/yr, so $180). I've been using Adobe products since 1997 and this will be the last time Adobe receives my money or anyone else that I know. Take my money because you have great products, not because you can hold my payment card hostage.

Damien of Roanoke, VA on

This is the second time adobe begins a subscription service without my consent. I cancelled, and guess what? They charged me an early cancellation fee. After I cancelled, only then was I given the option to chat. The chat person quoted their terms and conditions, instead of refunding me the charges. Essentially, adobe said that they cannot refund me the charges because I signed up, but I did not. My credit card company was much more understanding and they said that they will dispute the charges. These business practices are becoming more common. I have seen them with SplashID, and with Vonage.

Lisa of Durango, CO on

I have been using Adobe products for about 4 years, and just terminated my Cloud membership. When doing so, I received a message that early termination within my contract was $225, which seems very excessive, considering I rarely used their products last year. Naturally I called Adobe and was connected to a Customer service rep who was very defensive and nonappreciative of my years of forking over $600 annually. After a very unfruitful conversation, I did a little research on their 'auto renew' feature, which basically extends the contract automatically and conveniently charges your card and binds you to a digital contract, a process which is only mentioned in the fine print of an email. Autorenew seems like a sneaky way to bind customers to another contract and x months worth of payments; to me a ploy which benefits Adobe, not the customer. Very negative experience after years of being a loyal customer.

Murli Mohan of Sharjah, Other on

My friends always used to make fun of me stating that I was a fool to pay through my nose for licensed software. But, being an ethical person, I always bought software even if I was paying top dollar for it. But, companies like Adobe are making me question that very stand. I recently bought Acrobat CC and Photoshop CC for a monthly subscription fee of AED 77 and AED 55. I really wanted only Photoshop and so after 2 days, I decided to cancel my subscription as I found a cheaper plan on their website for Photoshop. I therefore cancelled the first two orders and placed a new order for their photography plan by paying an annual fee of AED 444. All three subscriptions had individual order numbers.

Guess what Adobe did. Adobe cancelled all three orders including the one I did not want them to cancel. Now, they are making me run from pillar to post to get the refund. It's been more than the time that they promise and now their customer care guys are just parroting statements. In the Middle East, they have nothing like a decent office and so I have to complain to either Singapore or other locations. I am willing to make a call to US to get the issue resolved but the US helpline asks me for a US number which I do not have. Now, till date, I have not received AED 576 which is the equivalent of $156. I am really fuming but I do not seem to have an option. Are they such untouchables that you cannot get them to behave ethically. Forcefully cancelling my subscription without reason and not refunding the money to me.

Lisa of Glenolden, PA on

My daughter, a college student, recently purchased this product to assist with a final exam. When she realized it did not suit her needs she canceled the subscription and an additional 10 months of fees were deducted from my account. When we called customer service, less than 12 hours after cancellation, we were told that the additional fees withheld from my account were the cancellation fee. We then requested not to cancel since the amount that we paid between the initial payment and the cancellation fee were the equivalent of an entire year subscription. Customer service stated that the cancellation was already in progress and that we could not cancel and the only way we could receive a refund was to purchase another product.

With much hesitation we decided to repurchase the same product which had then gone up in price an additional $3.00 per month. I spent countless hours on the phone with customer service only to be told that there was a glitch in their system and that the cancellation process was hung up. My question then was why can't we just cancel the cancellation process, refund my cancellation fee and continue on with the yearly subscription as planned. I was assured that the process took 24-48 hours. 192 hours later I am still without the product or a refund. I was guaranteed to receive a phone call by yesterday. No phone call. Truly disappointed.

hope of Encino, CA on

I signed up for a free account via Adobe. I was then asked to enter my CC number, which I did. Thereafter, I was immediately charged 14.99 for the Creative Cloud Service, for which I contacted Adobe immediately via their online chat system. I was told that they would cancel this charge/membership the same day. However, I continued to receive recurring charges for 14.99 on my CC in November, December and January. Each time, I contacted Adobe and they told me the account would/is now cancelled.

As of today 1/15/17, my account is still active and am being threatened with an early termination fee of 68 dollars. Even after offering to pay this and resolve the charge with my CC company - they have not cancelled me (after being on the line for 75+ minutes). Further, I am told that there is absolutely no way to speak to a manager via email, phone or online chat.

Peggy of Wilsonville, OR on

I tried Adobe Stock for a few days during a free trial just to use one picture. Then I 'unsubscribed' on my computer. I thought this would stop the subscription and forgot all about it until I noticed them taking $30 a month out of my PayPal for the plan. I don't always check my paypal and they had $60 before I noticed. Sure they would be reasonable and cancel my subscription to Adobe Stock, I contacted them via the chat. I chatted with two different people and neither one of them could help me without charging me a whopping $134.96 cancellation fee. Word of warning to other users of Adobe products, they hide the conditions of these free trial promotions.

Worse of all the app on my computers can individually subscribe or unsubscribe to any of the services I sign up for, that DOES NOT cancel the 'membership' in Adobe Stock. It only unsubscribes that computer from using Adobe Stock. I did not look into cancelling the 'membership' because I still use Lightroom and Photoshop. This whole setup is just that a setup. I feel like they are stealing from me and I have one lousy picture that is certainly not worth $194.96.

John of Boise, ID on

I have tried their products in the past... Great products, but, such belligerent customer service. Trying to cancel meets with an imperative by Adobe to continue charging. Adobe is magnanimously unethical. I am being forced to have my cc charged 39.98 per month for one full year, and I strongly see Adobe continuing to charge after the one year limit. They are a disgrace to the global community of faithful consumers, and will haunt you financially, forever. I don't even have the monthly product on my computer anymore, and still I get charged. I propose a class-action law suit against Adobe for deception towards trusting consumers who receive nothing but pay through the nose!

David of Temecula, CA on

Subscribed for a monthly use of Adobe Acrobat DC. Way too complicated to use, attempted to cancel and was charged a $78.00 dollar termination fee! No help when I attempted to contact Customer service stating "No phone support available for this product"! Buyer beware. Adobe will rip you off!

V of Cupertino, CA on

I bought the Adobe Creative Cloud for Individual Annual Plan Paid Monthly ($9.99). Since I don't find myself using the product much, I decided to discontinue the subscription. Now I am being charged 50% of the remaining 10 months ($49.99) to cancel the subscription. Here are the bullets even today on Adobe.com for the plan:

- Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC
- All the essentials to organize, edit and share photos on your desktop and mobile devices
- Your own portfolio website

- Learn more

There is no mention on the 50% cancelation fee on early termination and customer service can't help. Adobe may pride itself in providing clear images but it has a long way to go to provide clear pricing guidelines to consumers.

Randy of Flagstaff, AZ on

I ordered Adobe Reader for one month for $25, I got a bill for 152.+/- on my credit card for Adobe Lighthouse photoshop. When I called I spent 3 hours talking to a foreign customer service, they said it was a subscription to an AOL account which I do not have any AOL account. I wanted my money back and told them to cancel the service for the Photoshop on the AOL account which I did not have but thought someone had my card number. I talked with three persons on the phone including a supervisor, then was sent to online chat room. Again after spending another hour chatting, they hung up on me. I asked for the AOL address that the photoshop was sent to, they would not give it to me. I asked for a refund for something that I did not have, they refused, they said they would get back to me in 2 business days but never received anything back. I cancel my credit card. It is clear to me that there is fraud going on inside Adobe.

It would have been really nice to talk to someone in the United States that could speak English clearly and had some customer service training, they asked the same questions over and over again in an obvious attempt to not answer the questions or to solve the problem. If you are reading this, do not use Adobe, they are not ethical or honest and contract for customer service to some foreign answering service to discourage you. I am really disappointed, this is not American run business that is honest and responsive. I have turned over to the fraud department of the credit card service and I hope they have a way to burn these dishonest people. I see on this site that there is an order number since I did not order this photoshop lighthouse how would I have an order number, another scam or way of deflecting the question.

Jennifer of Glendale, CA on

I've bought Adobe products as long as I can remember. I've always loved using them for my art and projects. I used them for teaching as well. Their products are great, but after my experience with my Creative Cloud membership and their customer service, I'm done giving my money to this company. Last year I decided to sign up for their Creative Cloud service. There was a really good deal for the yearly subscription. It's a yearly subscription, but they bill you monthly. A year goes by, I notice on my credit card statement that my monthly bill has gone up about 50%. They don't send you an email alerting you that your yearly subscription is being renewed or of the price increase. You just have to notice yourself on your credit card. Unfortunately for me I noticed at the end of the month and not the beginning. I decided to cancel, which was easy (there was also no warning about cancellation fees that I noticed).

Flash forward about a week and I notice on my credit card a charge for $164 dollars from Adobe. Confused I contact customer support and they tell me this is the cancelation fee. Apparently if you cancel a yearly membership part of the way into the year they charge you HALF of your remaining balance. My membership renewed on December 2nd and I cancelled on December 30th. Keep in mind they already charged me for this month, but because I cancelled one month into my membership I have to pay half the remaining year. I tried to request a refund, since I barely missed the renewal, but they refused. They said the only way I could get a refund is to renew my subscription.

Yes I screwed up. I should have cancelled on time, but Adobe doesn't notify you when your account renews or changes price. Of course they want you to miss your renewal date. They have no sympathy for their customers. For a subscription service don't you want to make your customers happy? Don't you want me to come back? No way in hell am I signing up for this again. Adobe you have lost me as a customer. I'll also be sure to tell all my artist friends about how crappy Adobe treats their customers and warn them not to sign up for Creative Cloud.

carrie of Grand Rapids, MI on

For a college course, my daughter was instructed to get an Adobe Creative Cloud account. She signed up for the Student/Teacher edition in August 2015. Tech support could not get it to work on her computer (a PC), and since it was required for the course, she had to drop the class. After dropping the class she tried to cancel the Adobe subscription and was told she was locked in for the annual contract. Disappointed, but she acknowledged that was the contract, so we were stuck with paying the fees even though we had no way to actually use the service. In May 2016, I called to make sure it wasn't going to auto-renew in August. The rep I spoke to at that time talked me through signing into the account and adjusting the renewal settings. I followed the instructions as directed, while the rep was on the phone with me. I was assured that it would not renew.

In September 2016, it auto-renewed. Not only did it renew, but it did so at a 50% fee increase. I caught it on my bank statement in October and called immediately. The rep I spoke to told me that I did not cancel within the cancellation window, so it auto-renewed. I explained that I had called in May, and that rep in May had helped me turn off auto-renewal. This rep in September said that was no longer an option. The May rep had lied to me about being able to turn off auto-renew. The September rep looked at the account and said that it was a mistake that I had been lead to believe that I could turn off auto-renew, and said that they would help me cancel.

They said they could not refund the money already charged in September, but that it would be cancelled, and I would not be billed. The September rep told me to call back after the first of the year to make sure the cancellation had been processed and gave me a cancellation confirmation#. I was not billed in October, November, or December.

As instructed by the September rep, I called back today (January 2017). After waiting on the phone for over 45 minutes, I gave up and tried to contact customer service via chat. The chat rep I spoke to told me the account was not cancelled, and that I could not cancel it. Frustrated, I called again, waited over an hour to be connected, and talked to another rep. The phone rep I spoke to told me that the account had not been canceled, but that instead I had been given "free service". The cancellation number I had been given by the September rep was another lie.

I explained the entire history including the auto-renewal scam, the fact that I had already cancelled once, the fact that I could not use the service, and that I have been lied to at least TWICE by reps. He gave several excuses as to why I was misinformed, and why I had to keep the account open, and could not prevent auto-renew. I begged him to cancel the account for nearly 10 minutes until reluctantly he finally did. Of course he told me the only way it could be cancelled was if I paid him $127, which I did. He gave me another cancellation confirmation number that looks suspiciously like the one I received in September.

Frankly this has been the worst experience I've ever had with any company. The customer service is very poor, and the products are unusable--I've never been able to use the service I was paying for because no one could ever get it to work on the computer. I never received anything for the hundreds of dollars in fees that I have paid to them. I'm still not convinced that they have actually cancelled the service. I've been lied to far too many times.

Robert of Sewickley, PA on

My daughter bought Creative Cloud on November 25th 2015. She needed it for use in her Graphics Arts Class at Akron University. The terminology used when signing up gave her no notification that the program would automatically roll over annually. There should be a check box when signing up, agreeing to an annual charge. If you don't check the box, it should expire at the end of the annual contract. It is a deceptive policy that these internet companies frequently use. I never expected a company such as Adobe to practice this deceptive policy. I called and they informed me that she was sent an email 30 days prior to the contract ending. My daughter claims she never got an email and figured the program ended.

Her course work this year did not require the program. I stated that, to a senior level employee at Adobe and he told me he would credit half of the $385 charge and cancel the subscription. I stated we just found out about the charge on our credit card and she has not even used the program. We were charged $385 on 11/25/2016. Her original annual cost was $240, which is another issue. I said charge her the $49.95 for one month and credit the difference. He stated he was unable to do this, that she was notified by email 30 days in advance.

I asked him to send me the read receipt, that he got back when she opened the email. He said they do not use read receipts. I then asked "how do you confirm your customers got the information. Emails are lost all the time on servers, especially at the University level!" He said he was unable to help me and ended the call. I use the Adobe CS5 program and had considered upgrading to CS6. Never, will I use Adobe again nor will my daughter ever use the program, she said, when she enters the business world as a graphic designer. Very short-sighted company!

Alicia of Annapolis, MD on

I signed up for a 30 day trial for my daughter in the spring of 2016 because she needed the application for a class. I contacted their customer support to cancel once her class was over (which was in may). I contacted customer support to cancel the subscription and was told that I would be charged an early termination fee if I cancelled and that they would see if they could find other offers so I didn't cancel. I told the representative that my daughter no longer used the application and that I wanted just cancel. They ended up giving me 2 months free, so that I would keep the subscription.

In the meantime, I forgot about the subscription, and also had my card stolen which I used for the subscription. One day, I check my account and see my account had been charged. It was adobe and I wondered how they were able to charge a card that was closed by my bank. I had forgotten the login to check the account information.

By the way, you can only live chat with these people, so I brought up the chat and after several attempts at remembering my username, they looked up the account and again, I requested to cancel the subscription. This rep didn't mention anything about a cancellation fee and kept stating that I needed to update my card information and that they could not cancel the subscription and to contact them back in 24 hours.

I finally was able to log in to my account again and I found that my new card information was there. The problem with that is, I didn't put it there. Like I stated previously, my card was closed by my bank because it was stolen. I contacted customer service again, and again I was met with "update your card information", and to add insult to injury, that my account was inactive because my payment details needed to be updated. They kept taking me in circles, and couldn't answer my questions: 1. How do I update something you already have and have charged me twice so far using that information? 2. If my account is inactive, why are you charging me? (They charged me again this morning). Oh, and one of the two reps I had a chat with today advised me that I can't cancel and they cannot cancel because my account is inactive and because my payment detail needs to be updated.

Newsflash, there was no option to cancel when my subscription was new and had no payment "issues". I have never had this much push back on wanting to do something as simple as canceling a subscription. These people's products are not worth the aggravation. I will be presenting all of my chat transcripts to my bank to show that these people are outright refusing to cancel my subscription and have somehow obtained my new card information. Think carefully before purchasing any type of subscription with these scam artists. I wish I had done my research before subscribing.

n. j. of New Albany, OH on

I created a "Free" Trial on Adobe Stock on OCT 25, 2016. What I thought it gave me was a Library of images AND the ability to edit them. The "Free" included downloading a Limit of 10 images - a Limit I was fine with... duh. What I did not like about the service once I tried it (I DID THE TRIAL SO I COULD DECIDE IF IT was helpful... Damn it!) was that ALL stock images had "STOCK" across them... OTHERWISE, it would have been a GREAT service.

So, BECAUSE IT DIDN'T GIVE ME WHAT I WANTED, I canceled the already "free" trial the NEXT DAY - OCT 26, 2016... THEN... ARRRGH... THEN!!! On SUNDAY OCT 30, 2016 while I was traveling - my Account got reactivated WITHOUT MY PERMISSION and I got nailed for $386 for a full-year plan. I Called my credit card company Right Away Knowing I had never authorized this charge... AND... GET THIS... AND: ADOBE said the "reactivated" account EMAIL USERNAME was a DIFFERENT Email than ANY EMAILS THAT I OWN!!! WHAT THE!?!? I have 3 emails and YOU IDIOTS Have Scammed me into an Unauthorized "Stolen" annual repeating revenue stream.

Jeannine of Boise, ID on

If you use Adobe CC plans, be very careful with what you choose to use. I accidentally signed up with a monthly plan that was for a year-long contract thinking I'd signed up for a month by month payment plan like I'd had previously. I decided to cancel the plan to save some money, and I was charged a cancellation fee of $109.95. I spoke with their representatives and they literally didn't offer any help. Just told me that since I chose that plan and terminated early, they can't reverse the cancellation or give me back my money. Also doesn't help I was talking with someone who clearly doesn't speak English well. I told him I've been a customer for 10 years and did not intend to sign up with any year-long contract and I've never made any other mistake with choosing their plans/products and they still were just like **.

Jeffrey of Roanoke, VA on
Consumer Increased Rating!

Adobe contacted me and canceled the subscription, presumably after having seen this review.

Jeffrey of Roanoke, VA on

Original Review

I tried to cancel my Adobe stock account and the interface did not work with Google Chrome. When I tried to cancel via customer support they lied and said I was responsible for a year of service, despite my earlier attempts to cancel.

K. W. of St. Stephen, NB on

Tried to cancel my Creative Cloud yearly plan within 30 days of buying it, because I had intended to buy the month-to-month plan and wanted to switch. Well, instead of refunding me like a law-abiding company, they hit me with a $124.44 USD cancellation fee. I contacted customer support, who finally agreed to waive the cancellation fee. But so far I have not been refunded, and the customer service department has basically given me the runaround.

Instead of continuing to do business with an unethical company, I have been looking for alternatives. Turns out there are some really great ones, which are much more affordable. I've replaced Photoshop with Clip Studio Paint (which is actually superior to Photoshop for digital art, at least), and Adobe Illustrator with Affinity Designer. I'm disappointed in Adobe, and hope they improve their customer service in the future.

Breffni of Fall City, WA on

Adobe NIGHTMARE, signed up for their stock icon access. I canceled within the 30 days but they billed my account $29+ two months before I spotted it and when I called they said they would be nice and let me escape for $149 special price since I was a long term client which I was not. If you don't pay they report on one's credit report. Dirty game they play and once you start trying to resolve it they send 50 emails with reference numbers, case numbers, phone calls, more emails saying they do not exactly understand what I am trying to do and before you know it they wear you out and your email inbox is full of their gibberish and it's just easier to pay the $149 but what a gig they have going!!!!

Greg of Fort Collins, CO on

I purchased a one month license to use Photoshop in June for some work-related photo processing (which I paid on my personal cc and was reimbursed for by my employer). I intentionally avoided the "annual plan, prepaid" and "annual plan, paid monthly" because I knew I needed it for less than a few weeks. To make a long story short, in October I noticed Adobe Cloud services had been charging my account since I initially signed up for the services in June.

Now to be completely honest, I didn't read the terms and services in full because I thought based on the three payment options available the one I chose was simply a one-time charge and not a subscription requiring cancellation (I don't recall precisely what the page looked like, and it has since changed, but I'm always weary of purchasing online services since it's common for companies to have recurring charges; it must not have been at all clear that this was the case). Anyway, I immediately logged into my Adobe account and cancelled the membership after I learned I was still enrolled, but I wanted to discuss the previous charges. Needless to say, I set out to contact Adobe customer service.

I first tried contacting Adobe through the customer service form because I couldn't find a number at the time. It's a bit odd because the form is set up like a regular customer feedback form, but it's called a chat. I submitted my complaint but never got a response (web browser was open for a long time). After some digging a couple weeks later (I was extremely busy around that time with work) I found the customer service number. It took a long time working through the automated selection "tree", but I finally got someone on the line.

I informed the gentleman of the recurring charges on my account. He then said "let me probe you with some questions", and attempted to set a trap by asking if I completely stopped using Photoshop after the first month. Well, he got me there, because I did in fact open the program the day I saw I was still being charged for its use. I obviously wanted to see if there was a mistake, and if the program was still active (it was). I also wanted to see if there was a customer support number in the help file for the program. The day I last accessed it was the same day I cancelled. I explained this, and then he asked why I hadn't contacted Photoshop earlier. In fact I had, I explained my submission of the online form, to which he replied that Photoshop attempted to reply to my inquiry/complaint, but I had signed out of the chat (at some point I did close the page, but that was after a very long time).

He said they even tried to reply by email, but I had no record either in my inbox or trash, and he was unable to produce the original email. He then asked me (to paraphrase) why it was I had "accessed Photoshop every single day since your original purchase." He explained that Adobe knows when users activate their programs since it is recorded on their registry. I was totally dumbfounded, because that was completely, 100% untrue. In fact, I spent over a week in the backcountry climbing in the Tetons in July, a time when my computer couldn't have been used, but according to him I was using Photoshop at that time.

My work laptop is a government computer and requires a security badge and very long password to access, so there's no way it was accessed by anyone else at this time. Based on the fact that Photoshop had evidence that I "accessed the program every day after the initial first month", the gentleman said he couldn't provide a refund, although he would have had no problem doing so if their registry showed otherwise.

After roughly 35 minutes of conversation, he spoke to his supervisor and agreed to reimburse me for 1 month. Honestly, I was extremely disappointed but relieved to get that amount back. The fact that Photoshop blatantly lied about my use of their program is seedy and very disturbing. The fact that the gentleman accused me of lying was infuriating. I will NEVER use services from this company again.

Kendra of Moriarty, NM on

I had an account with Adobe and when my laptop went down, I let them close my account and thought everything was good until months later when I got a new laptop and created a new account. By this time my credit card number had changed and I knew my first account had been closed due to my card expiring and not being able to change anything due to losing my laptop. When I created my new account Adobe had no issues with double charging me for my new account and my old one. When I brought this to their customer service department's attention they told me that my first account was still active. When I asked them how that was possible I kept getting told to log in with that information to stop the payments.

Now I didn't remember the email address I had used since I had to create a second email account for personal reasons and asked if they could email me the email address that was attached to the first account they just kept sending me the link to cancel the account. Once I raised a fit about this, they finally emailed me and asked what they could do. I told them they could turn the $350 they had basically taken from me since the number on the card I had used for the first one expired and that that account had been closed and I was told to wait a couple of months and the money would be returned.

Needless to say I let them close my second account with them and have now launched a complaint with my bank to get the money back after four months of waiting. That just goes to show that even if you have a closed account, new card number and new email address they will reactivate an account that is not active and double charge you then not help in any way to sort things out.

Shannon of Derby, CT on

I purchased Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended 7 years ago and have used it often. My laptop crashed, causing me to purchased a new one. I installed the application on the new laptop but I cannot run it because it states that my serial number is no longer valid. I contacted Adobe support and they said it is no longer valid and I will either have to find my proof-of-purchase from years ago, or purchase a new license. No other explanation. I will never purchase a product form Adobe again.

Diogo of Toronto, ON on

Please, be aware about Adobe practices. I did the subscription for ONE YEAR and when I tried to cancel after 1 year, they wanted me to pay 50% of the next term. Because they AUTOMATICALLY RENEW MY PLAN!!! My original plan was to stop the plan for some months and then sign up again. But now, I WILL NEVER EVER do any kind of business with Adobe.

Adobe Company Profile