2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Adobe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: April 6, 2021

Adobe cannot fix a recurring issue in Lightroom Classic that I have had for years! Today, I called the second time concerning combining files using Acrobat Pro. The issue still is unresolved so I started a Chat support and they fixed nothing. It has been a waste of time trying to get Support. As for call-backs, that is another problem. Trying to get one on time has been an issue. Also, the hold time on the phone is an issue and then listening to the not so nice music for a long time is another.

Original review: March 16, 2021

As a student I needed to be able to transfer school PDF's to word or sign things for government documentation. Adobe does not give any of these without a year long membership. And if you try to cancel after you're done using it but before the whole year, they charge you another $26 dollars. Everything on their website is designed to deter you away from canceling. It is like trying to remove Pepe Le Pew from money humping your arm. That is some nickel and diming nonsense for the fact that I have to pay money to not have to pay them $15 every month. "We will stop charging you if you pay us more money." That is some mob tactics. Good riddance. When I find an alternative to their services, I will take it.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Adobe offer a 7 day free trial of their suite. This is an attractive offer to take up as a chance to see the product and take a look around for suitability. They state that after the free trial is up, you are agreeing to a paid monthly subscription. What they are very good at doing is burying or making it intentionally unclear that this subscription is one of three choices possible. Also, that they have not told you everything fairly. After the free trial ends, they automatically move the customer - without choice - from a free trial to (despite being described as monthly} an annual fee subscription plan, paid in monthly instalments!

Compounding the situation is that the plan you are automatically signed up to carries a fifty percent cancellation fee of the remaining total fee if you choose to leave the plan before the year is through. I agree that a customer should know what they are buying "Caveat Emptor" and all, but to expect and sort through this deceit and lack of informed choice is another level of buyer beware. Also, after knowing about the issue, trying to find where the information that would inform a customer and where I made my oversight, is very hard to find - deceitfully so if you ask me. Watch out if you want to try the free trial and not subscribe to a year of fees afterwards.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Needed the program to sign a couple of pdf documents. Paid for one month ($15) of subscription. When I went to cancel, they charged me another $30 just to end my subscription. In short, Adobe is nothing more than a group of thieves, taking advantage of anyone who needs to use their program for just a few minor edits. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

In January I purchased 1 account for $29.99 with 1 free month and 10 assets, as they call them, a month. A week later I was charged $79.99 3 times and upon logging on find 3 accounts that I did not in any way authorize!! I called Adobe's customer service only to be spoken to by a rude gentleman who said his name was Augustin and kept telling me that Adobe didn't charge me. I asked for a supervisor and was not given one. He just kept saying, despite that he saw the fraudulent accounts, that they didn't charge me. When I informed him that I was going to send this to my bank and charge Adobe with a fraudulent charge he said so do it. If this is the way a company such as Adobe does business I can understand how they became the size that they are. They charge people for things that they did not authorize. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

For starters, I have been with Adobe since CS2, as time has gone on and programs updated I have noticed getting increasingly more unstable and unusable. Back in the CS days, you paid once for the program and that was it, and guess what? The program actually worked. But since the cloud based versions, all I get in abundance is new bugs, glitches, hang ups, shutdowns, freeze ups, and all of a sudden not being able to load native plugins. On the occasional issue, sometimes I cannot even load video files into after effects, even when they had been previously imported and exported.... Most of the bugs happen on a daily basis.

I have submitted countless tickets to adobe and have to work consistently with our IT dept to mitigate the best we can, since adobe can't offer any help or fix to anything I have brought to them. Such a waste of money when the better versions were much cheaper and you paid once for them not monthly. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO WITH DAVINCI.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Was charged $56.50 per month for 8 straight months despite multiple attempts to cancel. They try to make it impossible. No phone you can call, no email to send a request, a website that takes you in circles and never leads you to the "manage my account" button they reference. Finally got on a chat with a Manager who "couldn't locate my account" even after I gave the partial cc account number and email they asked for. They said go to my bank to cancel the charge. FRAUDS!!!! It is all done on purpose.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Monthly harassment on subscription fees. Had to do research to unsubscribe. Constantly getting Adobe pop ups. Ridiculous monthly subscription fee for services rendered. Touch it and you will think flypaper is slippery....

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

After using Adobe illustrator for a few months, I didn't need it anymore and wanted to cancel. They charged me an $89.96 cancellation fee, which was a lot but fair enough I suppose. I paid the fee. The next month 29.99 was taken from my account by Adobe. I thought maybe owed them one final payment, but this has continued for the past 4 months. Contacting Adobe is beyond challenging. In short, this company STEALS money from their consumers. Disgusting.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Adobe Creative Cloud (student/teacher plan) was required for a class I took in college. I thought I was paying monthly, however upon cancelation when the semester was over today, I was hit with a 40$ CANCELATION FEE. Somehow agreed to this when I purchased the plan... It's terrible that they would do this to a college student, that doesn't have extra money to throw around.

Adobe Company Information