1.07/5

385 Adobe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Hi, I just installed AI and it automatically wants to charge me for Adobe Stock $29.99. I logged in to try and cancel my service, but I can't. So I had to call customer service which is based in INDIA with terrible english speaking skills. I've spent 45 mins repeating my issue which the rep clearly didn't understand with numerous times of repeating. He put me on hold for 20 mins to try and cancel my Adobe Stock INVOLUNTARY subscription and then HE HUNG UP ON ME. This is a terrible experience, and a complete and unnecessary waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I accessed the Adobe ID to cancel the Adobe Pro DC subscription before the 7-days trial on August 6th, 2018. Today I checked my checking account and saw the Adobe charges for a subscription that I never agreed upon. I canceled on Adobe website last month but never received an email and I forgot about it. Today I had to paid a early fee of 32 dollars for something I did not need to. Lost a customer for the Cloud subscription forever because I still have CS6 DVD in house. Thank you Adobe to steal almost $ 50 from me.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Wow. The last piece of my workflow changing to rent a program. Nope just like the rest of the software I used change to monthly rental, and I'm gone. So CC ya all when Adobe get their head out of their ss.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I pay monthly for the use of all Adobe apps and cloud storage. My plan says that it includes several services including "Edit in full resolution and have both your original photos and edits backed up to the cloud". My LR desktop app shows a cloud in the top right corner that automatically updates and if you hover over it says "synced and backed up". So I'm under the impression that my files are backed up. I accidentally deleted some photos and immediately called adobe to see how I can retrieve my backup. I was told there is no actual backup, it only syncs, and if you delete something from your computer app it will automatically be deleted from the cloud and your other devices.

After complaining on Twitter I was contacted by adobe and told they could retrieve the files and I would receive them by the end of the day today. Now I'm told they "need more time" but no details as to how long and no confirmation that after this extra time I will get the deleted files. The Twitter rep instructs me to communicate through her. The phone rep continues to call me and instruct me to not listen to her and only to communicate through him.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Past 3 months I have been constantly trying to get help from the Adobe Customer Service in India regarding the Redemption Code issue, but have got always a failed reply. They make fake promise to get back to you within 24 hours and to work on the case as a top priority, but fail to do so. So disappointed with the people they hire, especially the ones who deal with customer help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: July 28, 2018

Adobe customer service sucks. It is difficult to find a telephone number to purchase a product. When you finally do find a number you are on terminal hold - over 40 minutes when the robo message says 7 minutes. Adobe Lightroom CC is supposed to have a feature to create a photo book that works with Blurb. I looked at their videos but the information is useless. I tried to get help on this issue but to no avail. I am now looking for another editing program that works better and has better customer service. Also, from what I've seen canceling is problematic as well.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Try to cancel a subscription - impossible. Website completely fails to allow for account cancellations. Customer service can't speak English. Monthly recurring charges are deceptive and should be made voluntary, not automatically. Every effort is made to take money from customers and no effort is made to enable customers to get out of their account. Very sleazy to try and purposefully trap customers.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I recently noticed a double billing for Adobe Creative Cloud on my bank statement. Turned out it has been happening since January 2018. I contacted Adobe to resolve and found out I had made the mistake of creating two accounts, one for each of my computers, instead of putting both computers on one account since each account covers up to 2 computers. My mistake, but I asked Adobe if they could help me out with a refund since I clearly did not need two subscriptions for only two computers. They would not, even after I let them know I have been buying & subscribing to their software for 20 years. I understand the mistake is on me. But, to not bend their policies for a loyal customer of 20 years who has probably spent over $5k, seems like a recipe for quick desertion once an equal or better product comes about. No customer loyalty means no brand loyalty back.

Original review: July 21, 2018

"Get 10 Adobe Stock standard assets with your free 30-day trial". The promotion leads to believe that you will still have the option to claim your 10 free stock photos within the risk free month you are signing up for, but it turns out that cancelling also cancels this option. Confused, I try reaching out to Adobe support, turning out to be hours of investigations to find a chat. They explain, that what you have to do, to keep the access to the 10 free photos, is to "STOP BILLING". When I ask how choose this option, they explain, that you have to contact support... I have to ask ten times to get an answer to "where" in their promotion it is stated that this is what to do, if you want to keep the option to claim 10 free pictures (as cancelling will end this option). The answer from support to "where this info is available to the consumer": NOWHERE. It took a lot of time to get the support to admit this.

Conclusion: If this is not a scam, I don't know what is. The promotion: 1) Lures the credit card info from trusting consumers. 2) Take away the "gift" if consumer wants to avoid billing, before having made use of the 10 free photos. 3) Does not explain the do's and dont's to the consumer in any fair or straight way. There is NO mention of the "stop billing" option, and it is not available in the user control panel.

Finally: Adobe makes a BIG deal of pretending they offer human support. Reality is, that they are making it almost impossible to get to the point where the chat option appears. There are no email address for complaints or support. Adobe may have decent products, but ethics and true customer care is not real. Its a scam.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I really wish I could rate them less than 1 star. I realized I have been paying a subscription to Adobe since 2015 for a product I never use. Every time I try to cancel my subscription it says I will have to pay some outrageous fee for cancelling early. So I figure I'll just let my subscription end. However, there is no way to actually let your subscription run out since it automatically renews you without your permission. I've tried to find a button to not allow an automatic renewal but it does not exist. As a matter of fact, I can't even find the cancellation button anymore. They've made it as hard as they can for you to cancel. I really wish they do a class action lawsuit against them. I've paid almost $400 for something I don't use and can't get rid of...

Original review: July 6, 2018

Thank all you folks who confirmed a suspicion I've had. That Adobe's new software is rental-based as opposed to you being able to the past where you purchased their software outright. I have refrained from accepting their cloud-based software as it smacked of renting the software, thus making you perpetually in debt to them. I purchased alternative software that functions basically the same without the rental flavoring. I do have the Adobe CS6 Suite but am not using it because it ceased updating and periodically didn't work. When I replaced the HDDs on my computer with SSDs, I simply didn't try to reinstall the Adobe Suite. Mainly as I had no use for it at the time.

To be honest, the few times I needed support, Adobe proved to be fast and efficient WHEN I managed to through to them. Now, I thank you, people, for verifying I made a good choice. Rather than purchase the newest suite, I opted to purchase at a much cheaper price graphic and other software from a competitor. A competitor who sells software instead of renting it. They don't siphon your wallet while they keep it incarcerated in auto-renewal penitentiary under false charges. Thank you. Finally, I'm here by accident.

I was seeking an email address to send Adobe. I periodically receive rotating email address notices from a vendor who is apparently selling downloadable pirate software online. Using various blocking features of my mailer and MailWasher Pro hasn't stopped it. So I was looking for a fast easy, no jumping through hoops way to report it to Adobe. But now I think I'll just stay away and mind my own business but still try blocking this vendor as the emails now are spam. So will report it as spam to agencies that supposedly deals with that.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My Daughter needed Adobe for a school project (like many thousand kids worldwide), they are steered to agree to a subscription without parent consent. Then Adobe makes it impossible to cancel online. They would not cancel on the phone after calling. I saw there is a class action that has been filed. I contacted my bank and filed a claim to stop the payments. Crossing my fingers this nightmare goes away soon.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I looked everywhere to cancel/close my Adobe ID account. I tried to contact Adobe and they make it so difficult, I finally was able to get them on the phone (with someone from India). They made it sound like if I cancel my account my Adobe Acrobat reader which came with the computer won't work anymore. I don't really believe them. They are very DISHONEST. Another thing they do when you try to update Adobe Flash, it tries to trick you to set up McAfee security which is probably the worst security out there, they are just as dishonest lying losers like Adobe.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Customer Help Experience is the worst I have ever experienced. While writing this complaint I have been on various holds within ADOBE for more than 90 minutes as I keep getting shifted around from department to department without any concern for the customer. All I am trying to do is log in to start using the program. This is outrageous!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Recently, I received an Alert from my credit card company that I had been charged a modest amount for a purchase from Adobe Systems ($10.88). I initially thought this was probably a recurring subscription for Adobe PDF products which I use. However, I checked my Adobe account and confirmed that I pay for my Adobe PDF Export license annually, and I had in fact just paid it. So I contacted Adobe to try to get details on what the charge was for. They could not FIND a charge for my account for anything other than my annual renewal. I thought, great! Then I contact Chase and determined that in fact my account was charged on the date/time indicted in my alert, by some CALLING THEMSELVES Adobe Systems. I stopped the payment and had a new card issued.

Here is where my review actually begins... I called Adobe back just to let them know it looked like someone out there in the ether was scamming customers and using their name in vain in the process. You would have thought I was trying to murder someone! I was on hold for over 10 minutes waiting to tell someone in Customer Service what happened. (Again!) Then I was placed on hold for another 5 minutes while they found someone from fraud protection to speak to me. And the person who came on the line from fraud protection turned out to be a slighted more elevated customer service rep who really couldn't do anything to access my account to triple check that no other charges were made to my cards from Adobe. And then I was told to stay by my phone because someone from the REALLY SERIOUSLY FRAUD ALERT DEPARTMENT was going to be in contact.

In the meantime, I've cancelled my credit card. You would think that trying to help Adobe's public brand not be caught up in a big scamming scandal that they would be more responsive. Let me be clear: this does not look like it has anything to do with Adobe, other than it appears my credit card has been hacked and they are being used as the foil to blame for this fact.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I cancel my account to take a break. They charging me 250 which I don't have that kind of money for annual which I only suppose to be charge 55 a month. This is a huge ripoff and they need to be investigated for fraud because they overcharge you when you cancel. And guess what you can't buy a new plan until you pay the fee. Please investigate them.

Original review: April 14, 2018

If I could rate 0 stars I would. They scam you into paying months of unused services by making it impossible to cancel unless you contact them directly. I Canceled in November of 2017 whatever service that turned into (free subscription) so I thought was easy enough. April I see a charge on my card for Adobe. Confused I investigate to see they have been charging me all along for a total of 370$ for services I not only didn't use but had deleted from computer. I attempt to cancel once again to not see the option available anywhere on the site including following all 4 of their subscription cancel tutorials that resulted in dead ends.

I'm pretty tech savvy and know my way around a page, computers and the internet. I only wish I googled reviews first because everyone complains of this and I hope it destroys their business funded by entrapment and scams. I contacted them eventually for them to beat around the bush, imply that contacting them was the only way to cancel in the first place and they would see what they could do. This went back and forth until I blew up and told them, "It's not that complicated. Delete my account, my card and subscription" in not so kind wording.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I signed up for an Adobe subscription in 2013. I wasn't able to cancel it prior to the year membership without incurring a substantial penalty fee $$$. Learning this, I logged into my account and specifically selected the option to cancel auto-renewal. Over 4 years later, I am still paying a $14.99 monthly fee. I called to cancel today and they said my account does not expire until December 12, 2018. I asked that they disable the auto-renewal and was told that they could not do this. I have to remember to call them between November 12, 2018 and December 11, 2018 to cancel my subscription.

Additionally, my credit card number and expiration date have changed at least twice since 2013. I have to contact all of the organizations and utilities to which I make a monthly payment to change my credit card information. I never contacted Adobe and they hunted down and found my credit card information on their own. How is this legal? I am so angry and the credit card customer service person I spoke to today agreed that Adobe is unethical.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I almost never write reviews but my experience was so discouraging that I have to share it. I can commiserate with some other people's experiences here! I signed up for a two week trial of Adobe Lightroom to edit some of my paintings. The company is not upfront that when you sign up for a trial, and you don't cancel within the time period, they sign you up for an ANNUAL membership which you cannot back out of without paying a $50 (CAD) (40 USD) fee! As a grad student trying to pinch pennies this was really quite annoying. I was shocked and so disappointed by the lack of care their customer service provides. Unless you are super diligent about reading the fine-print, stay away.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I signed up for ONE month of Adobe Acrobat and it was a total scam. They locked me into an annual contract that had a cancellation fee of the remaining contract cost. Adobe is basically a loan shark company in the way they handled this. I spoke with customer service. They were VERY rude and did not help at all. The only way out of my contract (which had 5 months left) was to pay 74 dollars, which is a lot to me. The fact that they prey on people like this is ridiculous. I am willing to go to any length to put this company into the ground.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had signed up to use one of their products for a short term school project. I did so under the some sale of have the first month free. Once the project was done and before the month was complete I tried to terminate my subscription. Apparently I signed up for a one year contract and took the fault that maybe I didn't read the fine print. I asked for instructions on how to terminate. So when the time came close to my renewal, as I was instructed, I was told that I could not stop my auto renewal. Long story short, they kept sidestepping and I repeatedly made it clear that I didn't want any of their products, to cancel all subscriptions and delete all accounts.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I’m writing you after our near heroic efforts with the Adobe Sign product and support folks, and reaching weeks ago a point of diminishing returns. The Adobe Sign staff clearly have an expectation that no matter what the customer experience we have an un-breakable obligation to somehow make the product work despite problems, poor service, and having NEVER achieved the intended successful installation. Our many requests to terminate the agreement in accordance to its warranty have been responded to every time with the implicit assumption that nothing is wrong.

Would you intervene to end the madness for us? After months of an increasingly negative experience we can’t imagine that anyone at Adobe would think that the best thing to do it to force us to pay for a product we’ve not been able to implement after making a more than reasonable effort to do so. We simply can’t afford to invest any more time. UPDATE 4-2-2018. We finally got the Adobe Sign manager to refer our request to another manager and today after literally over 111 communications we finally go the agreement terminated. I remain in shock at the poor Adobe service literally from bottom to top...

Original review: March 26, 2018

Impact of Adobe's Move to Cloud Based Subscription Model - Over the many years that I have used Adobe products, I have made the choice based upon quality, their attention to detail, and state of the art software. I believed that Adobe had the best of intentions. I was a bit alarmed when Adobe took over Macromedia and became Dreamweaver. It seemed like they were taking over the professional market with a power grab that decreased competition. But, it was allowed.

Being able to choose the time of software purchases and upgrades depending upon my budget at the time, was important and manageable. Although, I have been a lifetime photographer, I am a one-man operation that uses certain Adobe softwares sparingly as the need arises, especially with programs such as InDesign and Illustrator which are only a few times each year. Photoshop has been essential. For about twenty years, I have been using Photoshop. I have spent many thousands of dollars for upgrades and new versions over those years. During that time, my life’s photography work was saved in Photoshop files, never even suspecting that, one day, I would be threatened with losing access to those files, and my life’s work. But this, is essentially what has happened.

When the OS of a computer is upgraded, there sometimes needs to be adjustments made in the optionally installed softwares such as Photoshop to make it and the OS work together as needed. This is expected. But what has happened as a result of the changes that Adobe has made is that, unless someone such as myself makes the change to their cloud subscription model and accepts being charged each and every month for the use of their software, for the remainder of our lives, we can lose access to the files that we have created over our lifetimes. And, these charges are high, especially when considering several Adobe products with very limited use.

This is not an exaggeration. Adobe even sabotages the use of image files, even TIFF files, that were created and saved in their software from being used in another third party software. This is done by stripping certain adjustments made such as Chromatic Aberration, etc., from the saved file, even though the use of those adjustments were paid for by my Photoshop CS6 purchase. This harms me, other software developers, and is anti-competitive.

From my meager user perspective, a lifetime photographic professional, Adobe’s actions are no different from the extortion applied by the local Mafia for protection money. The threat is harm, and that harm and terror is real. Their claim that most people have willingly signed up to their new subscription based concept is disingenuous as much as it would be for the Mafia to claim that most businesses in the neighborhood agreed to pay the protection money as positive proof of the validity and acceptance of their new way of doing business. Without agreeing to do so means professionals like myself would be greatly harmed and denied access to their life’s work which was saved in the Photoshop format. I am completely baffled that Congress has not scrutinized tactics like this. But, these are the times that we are living in.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I contacted Adobe to cancel an account I've had for 3 years. I didn't read the fine print and didn't realize it auto-renews 30 days before the 12 month renewal date with no notice to customers. I am stuck for 9 more months, or I will be assessed a $250 penalty for early termination. I told the customer service rep I thought renewal without notice was a bad business practice, and he said the company does that because it is confusing to customers to give them notice. Huh?? I'm sure that's the scripted response, but it doesn't make sense. You would think a company as large as Adobe would have better customer policies!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I contacted Adobe through chat tonight, they have taken out 2 payments from my account this month, I opened a case 3 days ago and was supposed to hear back within 48-72 hours but nothing, contacted them again tonight and had another very unhelpful person.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Do not get Adobe Cloud unless you plan on having it the rest of your life. I've been trying to cancel it for months. Every time I try to cancel it they threaten to charge me the remainder of my plan (which I never signed on to a plan). They are thieves and want to take your money. I don't even use the program anymore yet I can't cancel it because they want to charge me over 100 dollars just to cancel it, I actually had to cancel my card just to get out of this contract. They should be sued for their actions and or shut down for this nonsense.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I am a graphic designer. I have used many Adobe products and love them. However, I have had a horrible experience with Adobe Stock. I decided to use them because they offered a 10 images free package. I was stupid and forgot to undo it after the month. I realize that was largely my fault. An entire year went by with me thinking the charge of $35 I was receiving had to do with my website. Once I realized what it actually was, I had a very hard time getting in touch with customer service who informed me I could not get money back despite the fact that I had only purchase the use of 1 image. Ok. That sucks, but again largely my fault.

The customer service person informed me that it auto-renewed my subscription for all of 2018. That's another 35$ x 12 that apparently I can't get back. He did comfort me by assuring me that I would have access to all the stock photos I could need. I don't really care because I only need like 1 or 2 a month. That means in the end, I will have spent over $800 for something I don't need and they are not willing to help me.

On top of that, when I did need to use a stock photo a month later, there is no indication that I have any credits to my account. I have been on hold, or waiting for a call back for almost 2 hours. I have been in touch with 2 reps, who have dropped the call and didn't call back despite my having given them my number. Please take my advice and don't fall for the 10 images free. Just use istockphoto.com, at least you know what you are getting. Roughly $13 per image. Looks like I'm going to have spent $800+ for the use of one image, not to mention the hours of BS with customer service. I would give a negative score if I could obviously.

Original review: March 2, 2018

We purchased Adobe's EchoSign software for SalesForce and there is NO support, not via email, chat option is there but have never had anyone respond to it after hours of waiting. How can a company get away with this, I don't know. We bought it because it is affordable for a small company, not extremely cheap either. There is no one I can talk to. No email contact either. Just stuck with them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Indesign - I have tried to download Creative Cloud and its apps three times and every time I always run into problems. The Creative Cloud either turns up entirely blank or does not open the apps I have downloaded. I have run into this problem time and time again. I have contacted and emailed Adobe but nothing and no one had helped me. I have never been so dissatisfied with a company or product than this one. I am so disappointed and angry.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I tried to contact customer support regarding my account and also regarding download issues, none of their preset customer help instructions were helpful for me. I opted to chat online and I waited - then waited - and waited some more. You get the picture. I finally gave up. They eventually responded probably after an hour - but by that time I had lost interest.

Adobe Company Information