3.52/5

425 Adobe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2019

I was never informed of cancellation fee in the paragraph with the confirmation box. Not told when I cancelled. Not told in the cancellation confirmation email. When I got an unexplainable Charge I chatted with them. They told me what it was and when I asked to see what I signed they sent me a link of a page or more about cancellation that was never revealed to me before this. Scammers beware. Should have a class action lawsuit about this. Misleading and false information.

Original review: May 20, 2019

The original come-on said try for it a week then pay a monthly fee and CANCEL ANYTIME. This was a lie. You have to pay a two month fee to cancel.. That was never clearly stated. I will not purchase from this company again.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2019

The single worst experience I've ever had with a "reputable company." No C.S. telephone number available, and all of the reps are from India and can hardly speak English. After spending a solid hour with one of their reps on their chat line, the guy couldn't even fix my problem, telling me to call another Indian guy who never even called me back. And I'm paying Adobe Photoshop every month for this service???

Original review: May 14, 2019

The Adobe Cloud Subscription service is very expensive when you lease all their software that you have to pay an expensive monthly subscription fee. Plus their tech support is horrible. I finally found a better way to go with Adobe CS6 Master Collection. I got it from the below for a one time low price and they give great 24 hour tech support in English. See below.

If you want to avoid paying a monthly Subscription fee for Photoshop and other Adobe software see below. You can get all the best Adobe software now at a much reduced cost in the Adobe CS6 Master Collection for just $151.00. It downloads directly from Adobe and there is not any Monthly Adobe Cloud subscription fee. It comes with all Popular Adobe software like Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended; InDesign CS6; Illustrator CS6; After Effects CS6; Acrobat Pro; Dreamweaver CS6; Premier CS6; InCopy CS6 plus more, and as a Bonus lots of great Photoshop Plugins to make using Photoshop easier and much better. See it here. http://www.directsoftwareconnection.com/adobecs6masterspecialoffer.htm

Original review: May 4, 2019

The Adobe customer service gave me such a bad experience that I can remember so far. Every time I have any issue whether it is purchasing the software or update or any other help, I only get to chat with illiterate Indian people who seem to be in charge and act like they are working on issues. I open a case and they chat with me about the issue/s and leave me with a promise that they will work on it in 3/4 days and then they do not completely get to the end and just close the case with solving the issue and without the client's permission. We need knowledgeable people in the Customer Service department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: April 20, 2019

Yes, my laptop is not new. But the Adobe Creative Cloud is so heavy and its updates are so slow, I have to wait for a long time while it’s running in the background. Sometimes I don’t even know it’s running in the background. They need to figure out how they can slim down the products and make them efficient.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I downloaded a product - it was a program to convert Adobe to Excel or Word - it was substandard at best. No place on the website did Adobe disclose they were going to charge my account monthly. All of a sudden I am getting monthly charges for a crappy product. When I go to cancel this crappy product - they want to add two months cancellation fee to my account. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ADOBE THEY ARE CROOKED AND FRAUDULENT.

Resolution response: April 12, 2019

For four days, tried to activate Adobe products and was not through support online until calling Customer Service and hooked up with excellent support from India. Everything has been resolved now! I had written a bad review about Adobe previously and now wanted to give credit to their support team in India for resolving all the issues. Anyone who has had a bad experience with Adobe should call Customer Service and not rely on popup support.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I bought Adobe Photoshop CS3 years ago and don't need all the bells and whistles of later editions. I went through support for hours and got nowhere! When you go to their site to re-install, they allow you to download a substitute product and you are given another activation number to replace the original one. However, you are never able to use that number because you are unable to contact Adobe even though I was signed in as directed.

Another support rep said that number was corrupted and gave me another number for Adobe Creative whatever. That didn't work either and it didn't work for the technician who took over my computer to do the same thing. Telephone reactivation is no longer working either! The technician directed me to call as the final step for activation but we were back to square one! So now I have software that no longer works!

Original review: April 3, 2019

Who is running this company now? Millennials with no business acumen or experience? I've been using PS and LR for years now and recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. I went into My Adobe to download them again. Poof, they are no longer there and everything is in the Cloud now they say. Hmmm no links, buttons etc to take me to them. I used to have them in My Adobe Account right there for me to redownload if needed along with their Serial Numbers and all the information regarding my purchase history.

Well folks that has vanished and now they FORCE you to go to the CLOUD to pay a monthly subscription to use their online buggy and slow programs. I refuse to do so. I want my programs that I paid over $1,000 for or a refund. I tried chat, after 45 minutes of waiting forget it. Then to call them you have to pay for that. So here I am with $1,000 of software I can't access and no one to help. I'm finished with Adobe. They can kiss my **. Oh and tech support is a joke. You will get someone on from India that you cannot understand. Sorry Adobe but when you sell products in America they should speak clear enough English to understand them. They are nice, but c'mon you have to be able to provide support for your product. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have used Adobe software for 25 years. It has been all downhill for the last 10 or so. I have spent a lot time learning their new software as they come out, only to hear that they will no longer be developing most of them (ie Speedgrade, Edge Animate, Muse, + others) - which means I have wasted a monumental amount of time being their market research piggy. To add insult to many grievous injury, half of the time it doesn't even work and all I get is an "unknown error". At this point I would be willing to learn an entirely new software suite for 4 different disciplines - print, web, motion, and video just to never need to think about these ** ever again. Not even one star - after 25 years.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Putting aside all of the software problems Adobe has, Adobe support is a whole other mess. During this week, I contacted Adobe support for their problems twice. But both times, I had to wait around 1 hour to even get a response. There is no notification or way for me to know when they respond, so I have to keep checking for a response from them, wasting my time. If you don't respond after they respond to you, the conversation is terminated. This is extremely abysmal because anytime you contact support, you'll have to wait hours for a response. And if you miss the response, that means you'll have to start a new conversation and wait another hour for a response. This is so excruciating. Such a waste of time. To sum up, Adobe = waste of time and money

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have spent three days trying to convert a pdf to word, so that I can edit the document. It is hopeless! I have tried every method recommended -- save as, export as, change title, keep flowing text, even RTF and text access. None of them work. Word simply stalls, stops responding. The two are simply not compatible. So why not edit the text and images in Adobe? Because I can't. Believe me, I have tried. I cannot recolor images, I cannot replace them. I cannot even re-align them. And shifting text from one page to another is a nightmare.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Absolutely no help whatsoever. Response time is horrible. I even forgot I was online waiting for an answer. Finally just gave up and disconnected. If anyone knows how to bypass "file checked out by another user" so I may remove the file please let me know.

Original review: March 20, 2019

It is worth calling out a company for bad behavior. Adobe makes Premiere Elements a poorly written & highly buggy program. Using the program proved to be a nightmare. I tried to set up a slideshow with my photo clips of sheet music, setting to music. The idea was to have the pages appear at each point matching the music. It was impossible to correctly set the durations of each clip. No matter what I did the the program chose its own unrelated duration. Also, importing the clips came in totally disorganized despite my numbering them correctly.

Four techs at Adobe looked at it and the conclusion of the upper level techs (two of them) was that the program is buggy and poorly written and has been since 2018. Adobe's response? No refund and, worse, they arbitrarily cancelled an escalation of the problem to the highest level tech service. The purpose of the escalation was for solving the problems. Basically, Adobe doesn't care to write good software and does not support what they have done even though they know it is poor. My resolution? I purchased Movavi Slideshow Maker and it works perfectly and effortlessly. Imports the clips in the proper order and sets them up automatically on the music timeline and setting the durations is accurate and correct. Conclusion: Avoid Adobe at all costs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had purchased a new Dell Windows 10 computer that I had installed Adobe Cloud access on for Indesign. It took forever to boot up then choked and paused for some time after login in. I got to where I just left it and did other work and came back later. It was difficult to open other programs and use too... I thought this was a Windows 10 issue having never used that version. After uninstalling all of Adobe apps which took some time to do... Then rebooting... My Windows 10 Dell computer nearly flash boots up and lets me go right to work. So a word of warning about Adobe Cloud it will choke up your biz computer and slow your work and use down to a crawl.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I am getting double charged from an unknown ID email address. Adobe customer service will not provide me the unknown charged ID email address. I had been (double) charged from my debit for $39.99 and my mother's credit card for $52.99 from back in November of 2018. This is stealing and fraud.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Adobe charged my account on February 1 and February 27 for a full month's service yet not even a full month's time passed between February 1 and February 27. I contacted Adobe via chat and got no response. Isn't this stealing???

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I signed up for their 10-free-images campaign with an email and my bank card's numbers. I didn't even had to confirm the email, but when I wanted to start downloading, it asked me to sign in. Then I realized I gave an email with a typo in it, so they actually stored my bank card's details without me being able to sign in and change the package or cancel their service if I'd want to. It took me 10 minutes to find the way on their labyrinth site to get in contact with the customer service by chat, and another 3 hours until someone joined the chat and solved the case. Now imagine if I don't remember of the exact typo I made in the email address and couldn't give it to them to find the subscription or if I'd think they won't charge anyway. The point is not only the money, but the way this system is set up, no email confirmation, hard to contact them, waiting hours to finally get someone to answer on the chat. The kind of company I'd never recommend to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I called to ask why Acrobat X gets itself into a state in which it won't start and I need to uninstall and re-install the project, which requires a Windows restart and takes about 10 minutes. So far I've spend more than 6 hours in phone calls, talking to the wrong people, getting transferred to the wrong people, and getting disconnected. I spent over an hour just getting them to be able to find my account in their system. Then I got transferred from one person to another, each time having to explain which product I was calling about and all the details about my issue. I was told that they'd escalated my case because I filled a very negative survey, but that went nowhere. I'm better off just using some tools on my computer and figuring it out for myself. It would probably have taken less time.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Have been using Adobe products for years, specifically Photoshop and Lightroom. Both of these products I purchased and obtained a legitimate copy. Just the other day I received a notification on Photoshop that I have a non-genuine copy... Absolute **! I am using an older version of Photoshop, CS5 because I don't feel that I need all the bells and whistles of the CC online version. I think this is Adobe's conniving way of screwing over their customers to make them switch to the online version (CC), which they can charge monthly fees for access. I am not alone. This is happening to thousands of people recently. This is really sad that a company would do this to so many loyal customers. I am actively looking for other options so I can say goodbye to Adobe forever. Bottom line: Don't purchase an Adobe product unless you are okay getting screwed in the end.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

** Adobe doesn't make anything easy. I just want to make a master PDF that I can open, fill out, and have my clients sign. Each file would be saved without changing the master so I can use it for the next client. How hard is that Adobe? ** you.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I've been using Adobe software since 1998. I fought to get Premiere integrated into our studio & broadcast workflows. I preached the benefits of Photoshop, After Effects, even Audition (I remember when it was still Cool Edit Pro). I bought numerous versions of every program and creative suite. For this, Adobe has thanked me and other professionals by turning a blind eye to us and focusing instead on grabbing as much consumer (your) cash as they possibly can, software stability, usability, and customer satisfaction don't factor into their business model anymore. What does it tell you that when I need stability, I often find myself firing up an old Creative Suite from 2005 inside a virtual machine? 14 years, and the software works WORSE than it did before.

Folks, if you are here to see if an Adobe subscription is worth it, I can tell you from decades of experience with this company that it is most definitely NOT worth your time or your hard-earned money. These guys lost the mission a long time ago, now they exist solely to milk as much money out of the market as possible. There are other alternatives out there.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

When you sign up with Adobe, they automatically put you into a subscription with an end date (with a duration you do not choose), but without making that clear-- and without making it clear that they will ask you to pay half of the remaining subscription if you ask to cancel before the end date that you didn't know about. I also used a few photos from Adobe Stock, without realising this would also create another subscription with a locked-in contract. I went to cancel the stock subscription and after I clicked the button to confirm cancellation, I received a confirmation screen that said I would be charged $117 to cancel. I was not made aware of this before confirming cancellation.

I contacted support about this and was told I'd be refunded the $117. They then refunded the stock payment (30 something dollars). I contacted them again to cancel the CC subscription, as well, as I'm just fed up at this stage. It took over an hour and we'll see if I'll get the refund as promised (again). I would suggest asking for a transcript of the support chat and mentioning chargeback if they try to evade helping you. Adobe is well expensive compared to other solutions now, and have terribly un-transparent business practices. Sad to see a decent product ruined by shady business practices.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

If you're planning to buy the membership, be aware that they take money from you monthly. I wasn't informed about this, so I've basically been losing money every month without realizing. Also, when you try to uninstall, they will try to charge you double what you pay for month! It's outrageous. Trying to cancel is an act of congress too. They have a useless chat support on their website and when I tried to call they said their servers are down and tried to "look into the problem" without even getting any of my information. They are scammers and sleazy. Don't download unless your job requires you using it for long periods of time.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have used Adobe for many, many years and have always purchased through them. I got an email stating that my Acrobat XI was counterfeit and they kept putting lock through a popup window on my computer every time I tried to use it. I called and talked to them 3 times without resolution because they would not remove the popup without the original email that gave me the license number which was 2 moves ago and a change in email. The only way they would do it is if I bought the DC Pro. I had to have PDF software for my business. So several hundreds of dollars later I have DC Pro but hate it. It is not as user friendly as XI nor does it have the quick use of XI. I hope someone builds something else soon.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have been using the Creative Cloud since Adobe started the program. Yesterday I get an email stating my subscription was canceled. I called them and was told that my December bill was never paid. My bill was paid way back on the 20th, which is my due date. My credit card shows the date that it was taken out. They looked into my account again and it was confirmed by them that it was paid. Two different answers, and yet not a legit reason or explanation to this strange enigma. So they told me that back in August, they had issues with billing, when my credit card was declined. I asked them, "How is that relevant to my current bill? That was way back in August of last year, which was a day late, but was paid. We're talking about a December dispute, which turns out, was both on time, and now you cancel my account in the middle of this Jan 2019?" Watch Adobe and your account.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

ADOBE and its products are TERRIBLE! I signed up for 1 month because I only needed it for a one time use. The next month there was another charge for $21.39. I asked for a refund and they offered me 1 month free and a special 3 month contract. They totally weren't listening to my request. The rest of the story... I was unable to use ADOBE to get e-signatures because of its complicated software. After 1 hour of screwing around with the Adobe software (at a friend's suggestion) I went to DOCUSIGN. I was able to get my document request for signatures in less than 5 minutes. Not only user friendly but less expensive. I am not affiliated with DocuSign but out of my frustration with Adobe I had no choice but to share my experience with others before they make the same mistake I did. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. DON'T BUY ADOBE!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

This was the most horrible, unprofessional experience with a large company that I have ever had. I would never recommend the use/download of Adobe Pro or any other products because of the lack of professionalism with customer service, the lack of care, and the challenge created when you are trying to cancel a plan. The product, Adobe Pro, was mediocre and minimally useful. I cancelled the plan, and have proof of cancelling, but was told that my plan was still active and there was nothing that could be done. I am beyond disappointed with Adobe.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Signed up for Adobe Creative Cloud and paying their subscription. Verified my email and set up my account. Using it fine for 17 days and on the 18th, my password no longer worked. It was on the weekend, I had to hold for someone on a chat because there is no phone support on the weekends. Meanwhile unable to complete a project because I can't use my software, I spent over an hour on the chat support sorting it out. First, I have been receiving emails from Adobe to the account I signed up with and set up the login. After setting the login, also had emails come to me to verify my email.

While on this chat and discover why there was a problem logging in, they said the email had a typo. This cannot be accurate, I have 7 emails from them since signing into my account to the email I signed up with. I had to reset my password before this experience and received an email to my account email that was stated I had a typo in. Finally, how would I be able to even download the software if my email was incorrect and had a typo? The download link to install the software goes to the email you signed up with and I received that email and downloaded the software. It doesn't add up.

I cannot understand why this would ever happen and the customer support person not acknowledge and let me know the actual issue. Why would I be able to keep logging in all week with the only email I provided and then the next day not. They wanted me to give my personal info, my credit card and I gave them the confirmation details. I do not want to give out CC info! What a very poor way to run a business in every part of this experience. I don't know what has happened to Adobe, have gotten too big? Sincerely disappointed in the company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought a month's worth of license to finish a project. I was not informed of any recurring charges until I realized I was debited the next month. I quickly try to cancel my so called "subscription" and I can't do it unless I contact customer support which is putting me on hold on chat! I have raised this as unauthorised deduction to Paypal!

Adobe Company Information