1.10/5
Based on 76 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 11, 2018

374 Adobe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2018

My Daughter needed Adobe for a school project (like many thousand kids worldwide), they are steered to agree to a subscription without parent consent. Then Adobe makes it impossible to cancel online. They would not cancel on the phone after calling. I saw there is a class action that has been filed. I contacted my bank and filed a claim to stop the payments. Crossing my fingers this nightmare goes away soon.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I looked everywhere to cancel/close my Adobe ID account. I tried to contact Adobe and they make it so difficult, I finally was able to get them on the phone (with someone from India). They made it sound like if I cancel my account my Adobe Acrobat reader which came with the computer won't work anymore. I don't really believe them. They are very DISHONEST. Another thing they do when you try to update Adobe Flash, it tries to trick you to set up McAfee security which is probably the worst security out there, they are just as dishonest lying losers like Adobe.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Customer Help Experience is the worst I have ever experienced. While writing this complaint I have been on various holds within ADOBE for more than 90 minutes as I keep getting shifted around from department to department without any concern for the customer. All I am trying to do is log in to start using the program. This is outrageous!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Recently, I received an Alert from my credit card company that I had been charged a modest amount for a purchase from Adobe Systems ($10.88). I initially thought this was probably a recurring subscription for Adobe PDF products which I use. However, I checked my Adobe account and confirmed that I pay for my Adobe PDF Export license annually, and I had in fact just paid it. So I contacted Adobe to try to get details on what the charge was for. They could not FIND a charge for my account for anything other than my annual renewal. I thought, great! Then I contact Chase and determined that in fact my account was charged on the date/time indicted in my alert, by some CALLING THEMSELVES Adobe Systems. I stopped the payment and had a new card issued.

Here is where my review actually begins... I called Adobe back just to let them know it looked like someone out there in the ether was scamming customers and using their name in vain in the process. You would have thought I was trying to murder someone! I was on hold for over 10 minutes waiting to tell someone in Customer Service what happened. (Again!) Then I was placed on hold for another 5 minutes while they found someone from fraud protection to speak to me. And the person who came on the line from fraud protection turned out to be a slighted more elevated customer service rep who really couldn't do anything to access my account to triple check that no other charges were made to my cards from Adobe. And then I was told to stay by my phone because someone from the REALLY SERIOUSLY FRAUD ALERT DEPARTMENT was going to be in contact.

In the meantime, I've cancelled my credit card. You would think that trying to help Adobe's public brand not be caught up in a big scamming scandal that they would be more responsive. Let me be clear: this does not look like it has anything to do with Adobe, other than it appears my credit card has been hacked and they are being used as the foil to blame for this fact.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I cancel my account to take a break. They charging me 250 which I don't have that kind of money for annual which I only suppose to be charge 55 a month. This is a huge ripoff and they need to be investigated for fraud because they overcharge you when you cancel. And guess what you can't buy a new plan until you pay the fee. Please investigate them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: April 14, 2018

If I could rate 0 stars I would. They scam you into paying months of unused services by making it impossible to cancel unless you contact them directly. I Canceled in November of 2017 whatever service that turned into (free subscription) so I thought was easy enough. April I see a charge on my card for Adobe. Confused I investigate to see they have been charging me all along for a total of 370$ for services I not only didn't use but had deleted from computer. I attempt to cancel once again to not see the option available anywhere on the site including following all 4 of their subscription cancel tutorials that resulted in dead ends.

I'm pretty tech savvy and know my way around a page, computers and the internet. I only wish I googled reviews first because everyone complains of this and I hope it destroys their business funded by entrapment and scams. I contacted them eventually for them to beat around the bush, imply that contacting them was the only way to cancel in the first place and they would see what they could do. This went back and forth until I blew up and told them, "It's not that complicated. Delete my account, my card and subscription" in not so kind wording.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I signed up for an Adobe subscription in 2013. I wasn't able to cancel it prior to the year membership without incurring a substantial penalty fee $$$. Learning this, I logged into my account and specifically selected the option to cancel auto-renewal. Over 4 years later, I am still paying a $14.99 monthly fee. I called to cancel today and they said my account does not expire until December 12, 2018. I asked that they disable the auto-renewal and was told that they could not do this. I have to remember to call them between November 12, 2018 and December 11, 2018 to cancel my subscription.

Additionally, my credit card number and expiration date have changed at least twice since 2013. I have to contact all of the organizations and utilities to which I make a monthly payment to change my credit card information. I never contacted Adobe and they hunted down and found my credit card information on their own. How is this legal? I am so angry and the credit card customer service person I spoke to today agreed that Adobe is unethical.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I almost never write reviews but my experience was so discouraging that I have to share it. I can commiserate with some other people's experiences here! I signed up for a two week trial of Adobe Lightroom to edit some of my paintings. The company is not upfront that when you sign up for a trial, and you don't cancel within the time period, they sign you up for an ANNUAL membership which you cannot back out of without paying a $50 (CAD) (40 USD) fee! As a grad student trying to pinch pennies this was really quite annoying. I was shocked and so disappointed by the lack of care their customer service provides. Unless you are super diligent about reading the fine-print, stay away.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I signed up for ONE month of Adobe Acrobat and it was a total scam. They locked me into an annual contract that had a cancellation fee of the remaining contract cost. Adobe is basically a loan shark company in the way they handled this. I spoke with customer service. They were VERY rude and did not help at all. The only way out of my contract (which had 5 months left) was to pay 74 dollars, which is a lot to me. The fact that they prey on people like this is ridiculous. I am willing to go to any length to put this company into the ground.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had signed up to use one of their products for a short term school project. I did so under the some sale of have the first month free. Once the project was done and before the month was complete I tried to terminate my subscription. Apparently I signed up for a one year contract and took the fault that maybe I didn't read the fine print. I asked for instructions on how to terminate. So when the time came close to my renewal, as I was instructed, I was told that I could not stop my auto renewal. Long story short, they kept sidestepping and I repeatedly made it clear that I didn't want any of their products, to cancel all subscriptions and delete all accounts.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I’m writing you after our near heroic efforts with the Adobe Sign product and support folks, and reaching weeks ago a point of diminishing returns. The Adobe Sign staff clearly have an expectation that no matter what the customer experience we have an un-breakable obligation to somehow make the product work despite problems, poor service, and having NEVER achieved the intended successful installation. Our many requests to terminate the agreement in accordance to its warranty have been responded to every time with the implicit assumption that nothing is wrong.

Would you intervene to end the madness for us? After months of an increasingly negative experience we can’t imagine that anyone at Adobe would think that the best thing to do it to force us to pay for a product we’ve not been able to implement after making a more than reasonable effort to do so. We simply can’t afford to invest any more time. UPDATE 4-2-2018. We finally got the Adobe Sign manager to refer our request to another manager and today after literally over 111 communications we finally go the agreement terminated. I remain in shock at the poor Adobe service literally from bottom to top...

Original review: March 26, 2018

Impact of Adobe's Move to Cloud Based Subscription Model - Over the many years that I have used Adobe products, I have made the choice based upon quality, their attention to detail, and state of the art software. I believed that Adobe had the best of intentions. I was a bit alarmed when Adobe took over Macromedia and became Dreamweaver. It seemed like they were taking over the professional market with a power grab that decreased competition. But, it was allowed.

Being able to choose the time of software purchases and upgrades depending upon my budget at the time, was important and manageable. Although, I have been a lifetime photographer, I am a one-man operation that uses certain Adobe softwares sparingly as the need arises, especially with programs such as InDesign and Illustrator which are only a few times each year. Photoshop has been essential. For about twenty years, I have been using Photoshop. I have spent many thousands of dollars for upgrades and new versions over those years. During that time, my life’s photography work was saved in Photoshop files, never even suspecting that, one day, I would be threatened with losing access to those files, and my life’s work. But this, is essentially what has happened.

When the OS of a computer is upgraded, there sometimes needs to be adjustments made in the optionally installed softwares such as Photoshop to make it and the OS work together as needed. This is expected. But what has happened as a result of the changes that Adobe has made is that, unless someone such as myself makes the change to their cloud subscription model and accepts being charged each and every month for the use of their software, for the remainder of our lives, we can lose access to the files that we have created over our lifetimes. And, these charges are high, especially when considering several Adobe products with very limited use.

This is not an exaggeration. Adobe even sabotages the use of image files, even TIFF files, that were created and saved in their software from being used in another third party software. This is done by stripping certain adjustments made such as Chromatic Aberration, etc., from the saved file, even though the use of those adjustments were paid for by my Photoshop CS6 purchase. This harms me, other software developers, and is anti-competitive.

From my meager user perspective, a lifetime photographic professional, Adobe’s actions are no different from the extortion applied by the local Mafia for protection money. The threat is harm, and that harm and terror is real. Their claim that most people have willingly signed up to their new subscription based concept is disingenuous as much as it would be for the Mafia to claim that most businesses in the neighborhood agreed to pay the protection money as positive proof of the validity and acceptance of their new way of doing business. Without agreeing to do so means professionals like myself would be greatly harmed and denied access to their life’s work which was saved in the Photoshop format. I am completely baffled that Congress has not scrutinized tactics like this. But, these are the times that we are living in.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I contacted Adobe to cancel an account I've had for 3 years. I didn't read the fine print and didn't realize it auto-renews 30 days before the 12 month renewal date with no notice to customers. I am stuck for 9 more months, or I will be assessed a $250 penalty for early termination. I told the customer service rep I thought renewal without notice was a bad business practice, and he said the company does that because it is confusing to customers to give them notice. Huh?? I'm sure that's the scripted response, but it doesn't make sense. You would think a company as large as Adobe would have better customer policies!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I contacted Adobe through chat tonight, they have taken out 2 payments from my account this month, I opened a case 3 days ago and was supposed to hear back within 48-72 hours but nothing, contacted them again tonight and had another very unhelpful person.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Do not get Adobe Cloud unless you plan on having it the rest of your life. I've been trying to cancel it for months. Every time I try to cancel it they threaten to charge me the remainder of my plan (which I never signed on to a plan). They are thieves and want to take your money. I don't even use the program anymore yet I can't cancel it because they want to charge me over 100 dollars just to cancel it, I actually had to cancel my card just to get out of this contract. They should be sued for their actions and or shut down for this nonsense.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I am a graphic designer. I have used many Adobe products and love them. However, I have had a horrible experience with Adobe Stock. I decided to use them because they offered a 10 images free package. I was stupid and forgot to undo it after the month. I realize that was largely my fault. An entire year went by with me thinking the charge of $35 I was receiving had to do with my website. Once I realized what it actually was, I had a very hard time getting in touch with customer service who informed me I could not get money back despite the fact that I had only purchase the use of 1 image. Ok. That sucks, but again largely my fault.

The customer service person informed me that it auto-renewed my subscription for all of 2018. That's another 35$ x 12 that apparently I can't get back. He did comfort me by assuring me that I would have access to all the stock photos I could need. I don't really care because I only need like 1 or 2 a month. That means in the end, I will have spent over $800 for something I don't need and they are not willing to help me.

On top of that, when I did need to use a stock photo a month later, there is no indication that I have any credits to my account. I have been on hold, or waiting for a call back for almost 2 hours. I have been in touch with 2 reps, who have dropped the call and didn't call back despite my having given them my number. Please take my advice and don't fall for the 10 images free. Just use istockphoto.com, at least you know what you are getting. Roughly $13 per image. Looks like I'm going to have spent $800+ for the use of one image, not to mention the hours of BS with customer service. I would give a negative score if I could obviously.

Original review: March 2, 2018

We purchased Adobe's EchoSign software for SalesForce and there is NO support, not via email, chat option is there but have never had anyone respond to it after hours of waiting. How can a company get away with this, I don't know. We bought it because it is affordable for a small company, not extremely cheap either. There is no one I can talk to. No email contact either. Just stuck with them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Indesign - I have tried to download Creative Cloud and its apps three times and every time I always run into problems. The Creative Cloud either turns up entirely blank or does not open the apps I have downloaded. I have run into this problem time and time again. I have contacted and emailed Adobe but nothing and no one had helped me. I have never been so dissatisfied with a company or product than this one. I am so disappointed and angry.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I tried to contact customer support regarding my account and also regarding download issues, none of their preset customer help instructions were helpful for me. I opted to chat online and I waited - then waited - and waited some more. You get the picture. I finally gave up. They eventually responded probably after an hour - but by that time I had lost interest.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I was going into my account to cancel my subscription, but there is no option to on my actual account, so I had to talk to customer service to have them do it. After asking for them to cancel the person tried to make me believe I have a one year contract (which I knew I didn't, because I'd purposefully chosen the month-to-month just to try it out). After arguing with her for a little while, she goes, "Oh nevermind, turns out you do have the month-to-month" as if she'd only just found out, after which she has the audacity to say that she can give me a free month before I need to start paying again. I was looking to cancel, why would I not still be looking to do the exact same thing?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Predatory practice. A year ago I took a student and teacher 1 year license (I am a shop instructor) but didn't find much use for it in my work. I just realized that after it expired Adobe started charging my credit card by the month. I just called to inquire and got told that I allowed it by doing a credit card information update, which is their way of getting your agreement to start billing.

Silly me. I thought it was for account information. Then I am being told I have to pay an early termination fee to get out of this. Who does that anymore? This is antiquated predatory practice, even phone and cable companies got out of doing this years ago. Very disappointed in Adobe for such unfriendly policies. In the end after repeatedly asking they waived the termination fee, but would not refund the months billed so far. Buyer beware of what you are getting into and signing up for.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Today, I foolishly attempted to take out a subscription (one-year) for Acrobat Pro DC. The blurb says nothing will be charged until a 7 day trial period is over. Having given my debit card details, I was then informed that my Mac did not meet the system requirements. Like any sane and honest person, I assumed I would receive an email stating that because a download was not possible, my trial was cancelled and nothing would be charged once that "free" 7 day trial was over. No such email was received, and when I went back to the page, a new message was there that I had subscribed for a year to Adobe Pro DC.

After wasting 35 minutes in trying to find how to contact Adobe (VERY difficult), I eventually managed to get an Indian call centre. "We don't handle that kind of issue here", I was informed. Lots more stonewalling later, and a refusal to tell me how I could get the so-called "subscription" cancelled, the same guy admitted that he could in fact put me through to someone who would "deal with it". They then demanded my phone number, which I refused. Then eventually they said they would cancel.

Well, what a surprise: no cancellation of a contract which never existed in the first place, but instead after 30 minutes, an email stating that I had "turned off auto-renewal". I then looked at my bank account and saw that they had stolen 1 from my account. HOW many mugs get charged the subscription without actually having the product I wonder. My conclusion? They are scammers, and I SHOULD have known what kind of people they are simply by the many thousands of times I have read the message "Adobe Flash Player has crashed".

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Login wouldn't accept my ID or password login. Did a password reset request, 3x. Never received the emails, even after refreshing my inbox nearly a dozen times. Down detector was all over the map about them. Called Adobe listed CS to wait 15min, and then hung up irritated. Found another tech support number, and provided my callback. Got a rep with a heavy mid-eastern accent who sent another password request through. That time it finally shows up in my email, only for a hijacker report to ghost out my inbox, which I quickly clicked out of, and then refreshed the page.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Adobe Creative Cloud makes it expensive and almost impossible to cancel your CSS subscription. My account auto-renewed in November 2017. I am retired and went to cancel it today 2/12/2018. I was charged 50% USD $224.96, of the remainder of my subscription for 10 months. It is a one-time charge, and not spread over the remaining months. This policy is not made clear or obvious at the time of auto-renew. I don't even recall getting a warning that my account was about to auto-renew. This fee is excessive. It's not costing them anything. I've leased Adobe CSS for over 4 years. I'm having difficulty getting a receipt for my excessive cancellation payment. Unfortunately Adobe has NO COMPETITION. They can get away with whatever they want.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Like many others, was never told, nor ever saw anywhere, where you were told, that a rather hefty fee would be charged, if you canceled. This has turned out, to cost me several hundred dollars. I am going to the BBB and file a report, will also speak out against Adobe on every media platform available. It is obvious, by the many complaints here, that through deception is how they conduct business. I will never purchase Adobe for anything, and will recommend as many as I can to avoid Adobe at all costs!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Avoid Adobe at all costs. I was paying month-to-month for a Creative Cloud subscription. I was not using the software enough to justify the monthly cost, and when I did use the software I often had to endure long waits while the software updated. For me, it was a waste of time and money and today I cancelled my subscription. I logged into my account dashboard and clicked on cancel. "Are you sure?" Yes, I was and am sure. Then a screen pops up saying that I will be charged an $85 cancellation fee. This fee was not mentioned in the previous "Are you sure?" screen. After doing some research online I discovered that the cancellation fee is buried in the TERMS OF SERVICE/END-USER AGREEMENT at the initial sign-up. Anyone who is familiar with my experience—and there are thousand who no doubt are—knows the frustration of looking around the dashboard to review these terms, only to be unable to find them.

Their online chat feature was closed, so I spent twenty minutes waiting on hold ("Your wait time is over one minute") only to have the overseas-based CSR give me a reference number and instruct me to call back in 24 hours. This was extremely annoying, especially since I'm in the Eastern Time Zone and I was attempting to live chat during regular business hours. The CSR was a nice enough guy but I could barely understand him, and he wasn't much help. Adobe: "We are charging you $85, but don't call us and ask about it because we don't have any information because our servers blah, blah, blah."

I never would have signed up for the service had I known there was a cancellation fee. I was not satisfied with the software/services I had been paying for on a monthly basis. Any cancellation fees should be stated to the customer in a much more transparent fashion. CEO Shantanu Narayen and Adobe should be ashamed of themselves. I've spent a lot of money on Adobe products over the last fifteen years and do not appreciate deceptive money grabs like Creative Cloud. I will be contacting Adobe again tomorrow, and I will also be contacting my bank and the Ohio Attorney General as well should they follow through on this outrageous cancellation fee. I will NEVER, EVER give Adobe another cent of my money. Shady and deceptive business practices are exactly how companies go from the top to the bottom.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I had a 3 month trial of Adobe Creative Cloud that went until February 18th. I went to cancel today February 1st and the website indicated I would be charged 50% ($90+ dollars) if I canceled. I contacted an online rep and was told "I checked you are subscribed for Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB (one-year) under your account and free months are provided to you so that you can complete tenure till next renewal date 19 Nov 2018. I believe that you are aware of the Annual commitment, monthly billing because of which you get the subscription at the lowest possible discounted price. So I would suggest you to complete the tenure and come for the cancellation at the end of the contract." BOTTOM LINE -- My advice to any other victims - let the rep know that you will not take this lying down. You will inform the Better Business Bureau and your Attorney General of Adobe's shady practices.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I wanted to learn some digital imaging skills and thought that Adobe's $19.99 Creative Cloud was a good option. Little did I know that there is TINY print about how they charge you and how they lock you into an annual membership. If you cancel, they will charge you 50% of the remaining charges for the full year. I think this is a terrible practice and it should have been shared more prominently when explaining the membership options. BEWARE of purchasing a membership!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought LightRoom yesterday, gave ADOBE my CC for payment, then had trouble downloading the software, so I contacted customer service and got routed to "Just Answer." After messing with them, and getting NO satisfaction I got a $48 charge on my CC, so I fought with "Just Answer" and they said I would get a credit on 3-5 days, this after they charged me within 15 seconds, now I have to wait, if I get a credit at all. Why can ADOBE hand my CC to a 3rd party??? I like ADOBE products, but do not like that policy.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have 5 DC accounts for employees, and I needed illustrator for a qtr college class for one of our kids. Spent an hour trying to cancel after the qtr. gave up, it billed twice more. Then I try chat, then I give up and call, it takes an hour (it appeared they were hoping I'd give up or get disconnected) Said $60. Cancellation. Never ever agreed or saw that. Never do business with a firm that makes ending so tough and expensive. We'll work around it at work now.

Adobe Company Information