1.10/5
  • 1 star
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Adobe

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

345 Adobe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have 5 DC accounts for employees, and I needed illustrator for a qtr college class for one of our kids. Spent an hour trying to cancel after the qtr. gave up, it billed twice more. Then I try chat, then I give up and call, it takes an hour (it appeared they were hoping I'd give up or get disconnected) Said $60. Cancellation. Never ever agreed or saw that. Never do business with a firm that makes ending so tough and expensive. We'll work around it at work now.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

When trying to cancel my subscription I went to the account management area of my admin portal. There was no link to cancel. When I went through their support documents I found they direct you to follow the cancellation link in your admin portal. Again, the link doesn't exist. The next thing their support page did is direct me to their forums, where I found a thread with a link to the page they say will allow you to cancel your membership. The page has no membership cancellation button. The next thing I did was contact support via chat. This Ian after 30 minutes. Their support chat made me wait 15 minutes before an agent qualifies to address my issue contacted me. I asked that agent to cancel my account immediately. That agent "reviewed my account details" for another 10 minutes, during which time I asked them again to cancel my account. The agent then apologized.

The agent asked me if I had tried to cancel before. I again implored the agent to cancel my account. The agent asked why I wanted to cancel. I again implored the agent to cancel my account. Finally after 18 minutes on chat I was informed that my account had been successfully cancelled. This type of misdirection and stalling tactic as applied to the cancellation of a subscription account harkens back to the bad old days of internet skulduggery. The goal of the company is to tire the customer out until they give up on cancelling. Hiding cancel links, supplying false information, leading customers on a wild goose chase until they run out of time and possibly forget to cancel before the next cycle rebills. My confidence in Adobe as a company that is acting in an above board manner has been eroded completely by this episode, and I will absolutely refrain from doing business with them going forward.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I've been on an Adobe plan for a few years, so I didn't pay close attention to an email they sent in October in which they announced a rate hike from $29 per month to $59. When I finally looked at the Statements, I wrote to cancel, and was told there would be a $350 contract cancellation fee. I asked them to point to a contract that I signed agreeing to the increase or to the cancellation fee. They referred me to several emails they sent out that I must not have seen, thinking they were spam. In any event, I never signed a contract of any type with Adobe, and if they attempt to charge my card I will report it as fraudulent.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

As I replaced my laptop with a new one, I was obliged to find the latest update of Photoshop. Lo and behold, all the old apps were replaced with a Cloud based interface where one could buy Photoshop with a 1 month free period. I enrolled in the trial and the app I downloaded was less than stellar. Everything on the slate was rearranged, and there was NO sharpness tool anywhere. Further, any image I opened on the board was instantly blurry, from images I had sharpened with Photoshop 2015. I immediately uninstalled the CC app and tried to inform Adobe by email. There was no email address for Adobe. I was not going to call them at 10 o'clock in the evening, so yesterday I tweeted my complaint to all and sundry, including Adobe. I bought an equivalent photo processing app from another company, which contained everything, including a sharpness tool. I will not be buying anything from Adobe in future.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I was attempting to register an old version of Adobe Acrobat after a computer died. The online activation didn't work so I tried it by phone and got a notice that they no longer used phone activation. I used a chat session. After holding for about 15 minutes and going thru the usual what can we do to help and then no reply from them for more than another 3 minutes (after it was it my initial message), I had to explain my problem again.

Once again I had to wait (at least this time they told me it would be 2-3 minutes), they came back with (in addition to other comments like has to be clean, install after I had already said it was a reinstall because the hard drive died). There was no way to activate my software as it was no longer supported. I got a bit upset and no option was presented for me under that. After I terminated the chat I got an email with instructions to completely uninstall and use the Adobe uninstall tool and reinstall using a link to download ago and use my "new" serial number. At this point I have already purchased a new PDF editing software from another vendor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Don't subscribe to any of their subscriptions unless you need their products for that length of time. I didn't realize you couldn't cancel without a fee (50% of the remaining "contract"). I couldn't justify keeping the Creative Cloud suite any longer because I barely use it. Also tried contacting their online help. The person I "spoke" with could barely answer in English. And so much for qualifying for a special offer, which was a lie because I had already used it and didn't have any other offer to use. Adobe has gone downhill quickly with their customer service online because I never had an issue when I needed to use Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have been charged monthly June-December for a 12.99 license. I've called 5 times; and each time they tell me it's "fixed". They have refunded the charges but I have lost over an five hours of my life waiting on hold. The employees I have spoke with have almost unintelligible accents.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The recording told me that there would be a one minute wait time... that was one hour and twenty minutes ago. Wow, I went to their website and was amazed at how they kept telling me that I could call them and chat with them and succeeded in keeping me from doing either. What a spectacularly horrible and inconsiderate company this has proven to be!

It is unfortunate that they have such a monopoly on the web because I would go elsewhere in a hot second if there were a decent competitor! I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and need to load Lightroom into Windows 7 so that I can make use of my images. The thing is that I subscribe to LR and at present pay for something that I am unable to use. Now I'm finding that is is impossible to get ANY support. Are they the least bit embarrassed? I think not... Do they care? Definitely not! An hour and a half and counting!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I purchased Adobe Illustrator from SmartBuy. It turned out to be worthless. The product key was no good. SmartBuy will not reply to me and Adobe will give me a discount on Cloud if I agree to a one year contract. Why should I have to have a one year contract when I was already ripped off one time??? I would have used the program as long as it took me to at least get my $200 purchase back but I will not be forced into a year long contract when I was ripped off to begin with. This company has no ethics and no customer support. Kick some when they are already down!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I spent over 2 hours after paying Adobe for their Creative Cloud. The system and finally tech support said I was billed and had an account but I could not log in. Only response from support was keep creating a new password even though I had done that and had password written down. No mistakes, something was wrong with Adobe. Never got resolution and Adobe ripped off my money. Even getting phone number or support normally requires being logged in. How many people have to be ripped off from Adobe.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had a monthly subscription to Adobe Pro for almost 3 years. When I went to cancel the service I received a popup that my cancellation would be effective at the end of the month and I would also be charged a cancellation fee equal to half of the remaining term. None of this did I have a problem with however when I went to pull my account information i.e., invoices and receipts I was locked out. I called customer service letting them know I needed either an invoice or a receipt for the cancellation fee. I was told I would have to call back and request one. I pointed out that my cancellation was not effective until the end of the month and that I should still have access to my full account information until then.

As an alternative I then suggested an email with contact information from the customer service representative summarizing the process and when I could expect to receive a receipt for the cancellation fee. This way I could calendar the event and would be able to write a quick reminder to provide the information rather than go thru the whole process again. I was informed as a customer service representative she could not provide contact information and aside from that it was clear she really had no authority to solve or take ownership of the problem.

I mean really how difficult is it to provide an invoice, receipt or commit to sending the information when it's available? Long story made short. After an hour of back and forth a supervisor finally got on the phone who agreed to provide his email and send the receipt once I had been billed. It's DISRESPECTFUL TO THE CUSTOMER when a company hires 3rd party customer service reps and then gives them no authority to solve even the simplest of problems. I will never purchase another Adobe product again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased Adobe Acrobat XI Pro in January 2013 from IVM Shop. I have used it daily for my self employee business. Due to lightning storm, I installed a new motherboard in October 2017 and a couple days later I get a message asking if I want to use Adobe as a trial version. I call Adobe and they requested all my information where I purchased and paid for. I scanned them the ordering slip, delivery slip, copy of the package box, DVD, and the activation card showing the registration numbers.

Their response was in 2016 they updated their system for their security department to catch nongenuine Adobe products and their system flagged my product and I should purchase the product monthly subscription. As a courtesy they would sell me a hard copy. I explained I purchased already from a company in 2013 and had all proof of purchased that it was sold to me as a genuine copy with a license product keycode and this company is still selling their products on their website as of today. I felt their records were incorrect and they should contact IVM Shop if they didn't want them to sell their product.

Once again their only response was they were sorry, but I would have to purchase the product from them or a company they now have listed on their website and they told me my case number would be closed. I think this is terrible way to do business. After me using this product under the impression I purchased a genuine products that was registered with Adobe when I purchased it, this has got be a scam.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I am a realtor and when you send to clients they are asked to sign everywhere not just where signature box has been placed. Called service dept and they had no idea. When you cancel because it is unusable they charge 50% of annual fee. $59 for the privilege of cancelling. DO NOT BUY!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

After 2 phone calls and one chat that took 40 minutes, I finally got them to cancel a Stock subscription I never signed up for. You have to be so careful with your bank statement. Software is great but they will pull a fast one on you and change your payments in the blink of an eye. Super unethical. Customer service is a joke. I'm sorry to say but the operators can hardly speak English - that's fine, but not when you need to get something done. Someone REALLY needs to do something about this company. They overcharge unethically without customer's permission and then give you no recourse to fix it. I'm on the verge of going back to FCP.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Shameless company. They kept charging for my subscription for months after it was canceled twice by calling their customer support. Do not fall into a trap by subscribing to any product. If using PayPal, look for canceling payments in help section. It is not very obvious. That was the only way I could stop them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I signed up for Adobe last year, paid around $250 for a subscription. This year I go an invoice of $406. Already mad because this is way more than it used to be. Called (1) to ask them why, they explained that the second year the price goes up... Not impressed. Then I ask them not to charged me yet as I need to change the credit card linked to the account. This request was confirmed and I was told I'd get emailed a case #. I didn't receive a case # and was charge $521.94 the next day. I didn't know it was an Adobe charge so I called the bank and almost started an investigation for fraud. The bank told me it was adobe.

I called again (2) explained to them how inconvenient this was because the credit card was linked to my debit card so the money came out of my account and as I student... I am broke. This being said I couldn't pay my bills and received many extra charges because of this. The guy was super pleasant and told me that he will refund me 3 months' subscription. I asked for a case # and never received an email. Whatever. The next day I saw a refund for $521.94 and just after was a charge for $523.48. So this guy charged me $2.48 MORE.

I called again (3). This guy was nice and offered me the same 3 months refund and I asked for a manager to see why this happened to me and if he could do better because of the second inconvenience. This manager "DEEPAK" listened to what I had to say, only to turn around and tell me to call up my bank and investigate under fraud because this wasn't his problem. He was a real jack ass. I refused to continue speaking to him and asked for someone else so he arranged a call back the next morning at 9 am. Next morning I received no phone call - so after work I called again (4) asked for a manager right away, told him what happened. He was super pleasant. Refunded me 3 months subscription and extended my subscription 4 months. THANK YOU "DJ".

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I subscribed to "Adobe Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition" for one year although I only used it for less than two months to write a book. Adobe renewed me at the end of the year without my authorization, and the monthly fee increased. As soon as I realized that I was being billed although I hadn't renewed, which was a couple months later (August 2017), I contacted them. They said they would bill me a $180.00 cancellation fee. It was ludicrous as I had not renewed to begin with, which I said to them. After being on chat with them for a ridiculous amount of time, trying to get the matter resolved, they continued in an effort to get me to pay and offered me free months etc, as well. Finally, they said they would refund me one month, not the three months that they took unauthorized funds from me.

They said that they would only refund one month because I had continued to use their service, which is an untruth. The way Adobe has it set up, documents automatically go into Adobe on the computers. As I stated, I had not used Adobe after I published my book which was no more than two months after I ordered and received Adobe in May 2016. I contacted my bank (Chase) and they put on a block to prevent any more charges from them coming through. Well, come the next month September, Adobe sent me an email saying they were having trouble processing the monthly charge for September. I contacted them and asked why they were trying to bill me when I had gone through all I did previously trying to get them to understand that I had not renewed.

The person said it was an error as an automatic system was trying to bill me. Well, come October, Adobe had billed me again and actually got the money this time. I called Chase Bank who said to me that some companies are sophisticated with their own tools to bypass a block. Chase Bank said that they would process a dispute of the charges for me. I then contacted Adobe and was on chat with them for 45 minutes, wasting my time. Adobe representatives hadn't a clue and was intentionally putting me off with no solution. Then suddenly I read on the screen that the chat was disconnected. Those people lie. They said they sent me an email about the renewal, which was a lie. When I said I didn't receive an email from them about a renewal, they said it may have gone into spam.

Well, why did the email that stated they were having problems processing a charge to my bank account not go into spam? I received that one. They kept saying they were sorry for the inconvenience, yet didn't try to understand and resolve the matter. They asked the same questions over and over again. They don't listen. It's a waste of time calling them to resolve the matter. Their only concern is finding a way to keep getting monies from the customer.

Adobe has got to be stopped. Who know how many people they are doing this to who don't know what to do to help get it stopped or just don't have the time for it. I want Adobe to pay me for the five months that they billed me when I never renewed to begin with. My contract with them was from May 2016-May 2017, which I paid as contracted. I want them to stop trying to take my funds monthly for something that I never ordered. They owe me for June, July, August, September and October 2017 at $32.05 a month for $160.25.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I wish I could give no star. I was trying to update my desktop and I installed Adobe systems. It says you can cancel at any time, so I called to cancel over the phone I was on hold forever. Canceled online, then got debited on 9/13/17. Still could not get hold of a customer service representative and my card expired. I got an email asking me for an updated card so my membership doesn't lapse. I did not update any payment information and my new card was debited again. I still went ahead to cancel and it's charged $143. and some cents. This is a scam I did not bargain for.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I decided to give Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop a try because I am dabbling in photography. From the very start - I wasn't happy with the product. I attempted a few times to cancel my month to month subscription before I got charged going into my second month. The website was difficult to navigate and I wasn't given an "option" to cancel my subscription online. I attempted an online chat and sat waiting. A little dialogue box opened and said that I would be helped in less than one minute - or something to that effect. Nothing! Clicked out the window and decided to call customer service. I was given the option to receive a call back from Adobe or wait for a representative. I opted to wait - because it clearly stated that the wait time was "more than one minute". I'm patient. I can wait - I just want to get this done! I have been on the phone for over 15 minutes listening to the token hold music with nary an update on when someone would be with me.

They clearly don't want anyone to cancel a single service. I have signed on to a number of subscription services and have had to cancel quite a few because the services weren't for me. Never have I dealt with such a blatant disregard for customer convenience and communication. Update - after 20 minutes waiting - I was connected to an amazing customer service representative who resolved my issue in less than 5 minutes. That is the only reason I'm raising my 1 star review up to a 2. She was the saving grace of the entire situation. With that said - I still will not use another Adobe product that requires a monthly subscription.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have an account with Adobe and I was researching costs options for Fonts. I doing so I accidentally clicked a button that somehow placed the order for the font. I e-mail Adobe support and explained the error and didn't hear back for days, so I call Adobe support. Explained the error and they said no refund. No reason was given.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had an issue where I needed to speak with Adobe support. I went through their support page in hopes to speak with someone and, no matter what I clicked, I could not speak to a human. They try everything to have you search their troubleshooting topics and, of course, my issue is not there. I found a way to do an online chat, but nobody every responded to me. I Googled 'call Adobe support' and a phone number was provided. I called that number and after going through the multiple options, I never got to a human. I would rather deal with Comcast than Adobe, that's how infuriating Adobe is.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Well, my computer crashed and I got a new hard drive for it. Put my Adobe Photoshop disc in and it worked for a week then said I needed to activate the serial online. Didn't work. So I went online for a number to call. I dialed the number and a recorded message told me they don't verify on the phone anymore, go online to chat. Well I waited 50 minutes before they connected me to a person who thought she could help me. I am still on hold. I have been on the line with them for almost 2 hours now. I asked for a supervisor many, many times because the agent just kept asking me to retype my serial number and then each time told me it wasn't listed.

Finally got a supervisor who is looking into how they can help me. Seriously man! I paid almost $300 for this disc the least you can do is give me a working serial! And 2 hours on chat?! Ridiculous! It would have taken maybe 5 minutes if I could have called but they don't "do" phone calls anymore. Lousy customer service. Supervisor told me they will email me with their decision. What they are going to do about my serial not working within 48-72 business hours. So I guess that means and workday is 8 hours so maybe 2 weeks right? ARGH! Always insist upon a supervisor people.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I have been using Adobe Premiere since back in the 4.5 days. They have sometimes been a bit hard to work with but nothing like what I just went through. I have Creative Cloud and there was an offer to download 10 free images in 10 days for free. I have a hospital promo being edited and thought this would be a great fit. I found the images downloaded them and WHAMO I get billed $79.99 each image on my PayPal account. I call and they argue with me that I was "in the OTHER area" which was a pay area. I asked how I was able to determine this. They had no answer and refunded me $799.00.

But now in September I see my PayPal account is automatically paying a $29.99 stock image fee for the last 2 months. I call and once again they claim I signed up for it. REALLY. So when did I sign up... July. Oh the same month I had the other issue. And did I download any images in August or September... NO then said. That's because I did not know I had the download program with Adobe. They finally refunded me those two months. My post here is use caution with Adobe. They have gotten worse and with their Support in India, well the quality is lacking. I have no doubt that the first Support person somehow signed me up for the plan as a "get back" for threatening to post on every media site I could find, my issue with Adobe. Use caution fellow editors... The Adobe man wears two faces!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

There is no way to turn off 2 sided printing. The check-box - a screenshot of the "help" they give you - DOES NOT EXIST!!! I've been working on this for months and been to dozens of consumer forums following directions. I've tried to contact Adobe directly but every channel on their online website leads you to another consumer forum. I don't want a random person telling me what they think I should do. I want to talk to someone from Adobe to figure out how to resolve this ridiculous problem. They send you on a wild goose chase because they are uninterested in this problem. It is extremely time-consuming for me to have to print each page separately when I have 50 pages to print.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I use to enjoy using Photoshop but when they rolled out the monthly service fee to have access to it; it no longer became fun. Now it's about $250 a year per plan times how ever many plans you desire. It all of a sudden becomes expensive. Most places that have a yearly payment fee allow you to cancel at any time and not have to pay the remainder contract fee. If you cancel early you get charged the remainder of your contract and thus becomes irrelevant to cancel. Sorry Adobe but I am finding free alternatives.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

My company has been using ADOBE creative suites for years. In the business of Graphic Arts, software can be very expensive. Thus there is a fine balance between art and cost. However, this fine organization makes it completely affordable for small and large size organization to afford their software. Thank you and bravo to the innovation of your platforms.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I was planning to use Photoshop for a short period of time. What Adobe is not telling you is that you cannot just use Photoshop for one month. You sign up, and then if you try to cancel the subscription, they will charge you half of the annual subscription fee. Adobe has put this notification in a separate pop-up which you will definitely not click on. So, by clicking next, you agree to the terms and conditions. I contacted customer support to cancel my subscription without paying the penalty, but such option was not available. So, now, I am being charged every month for something I had no intention of using for a year. Adobe, this is the last time I spent a dime on your products. There are plenty of other free options to fill in for Photoshop.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Adobe charged us $484.02 for Adobe Acrobat Pro back in mid July. This was a fraudulent Adobe account setup to make this purchase and we canceled the debit card. Contacted Adobe and they agreed to the refund as we are not aware of the Adobe account they mentioned used to make the purchase. They informed me that the refund had been initiated, was in process and we would be receiving the refund within 5-7 days. Called back after 7 days and was told I am now only allowed to discuss this issue over Adobe chat support - even though I was able to discuss 7 days prior over the phone. Got on Adobe chat and was transferred 5 times.

Each time the rep informed me that they needed to take a few minutes to review my case only to result in each rep wasting my time (not reading case notes, starting from scratch) for at least 30 minutes of back and forth before transferring me to what they again said would be the appropriate team. The last chat support rep was supposedly a mgr and informed me in writing that I would be receiving the refund and it was in process still and it would be up to 5 business days before I received it. 7 days later I call and am transferred to the Adobe Acrobat Pro team. This rep looked at the case notes, came back and said he would personally take over the case and that he was initiating the refund while I was on the phone with him. Wait, I thought it was already in process for 2 weeks now! Was told it was, but there was some issue processing it on the backend.

Was informed not to worry as I was now with the Adobe Acrobat Pro team who could and would resolve this issue once and for all. The rep said he initiated the refund and this time I would definitely be receiving the refund in 5-7 days. 7 days later I call back in and am told that my refund has now been denied! Why? A rep says because they are unable to identify the account used to make the purchase they will be unable to refund. This had already been explained many many times and was well known in the case when I had been told my refund was in process and would definitely be receiving it. Asked to speak with a mgr and explained - first of all, this was well known in our case and how are we supposed to provide the account information for an account we didn't create.

Mgr says - good point and that based on our conversation I will be receiving the refund in, you guessed it - 5-7 business days - wait, I see a pattern here. Another 7 days, no refund still. Call back in and am told this case is with the Senior team and I will be receiving my refund in a max of 2-3 business day. At this point, I have little confidence that we will ever receive this refund. I will clock back in at Adobe for another wasted hour(s) of my life in 7 days for the usual 3-4 transfer minimum and standard "it's in process but will be x amount of days". I have worked in IT for over 25 years and have NEVER seen anything that can touch this regarding poor support and that's really saying something. Wow!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I use Adobe Reader for business and I've been having problems with it recently, namely: files cannot be edited and resaved because Adobe thinks it has them open somewhere else, and files cannot be renamed/moved/deleted because Adobe thinks it has them open somewhere else. There are reports of this bug dating back to 2011 in the Adobe forums and they are still unanswered. Adobe, if your product doesn't work, you need to at least make this information available to customers. Adobe employees are beyond stupid if they can't fix a bug that they've known about for years. How can you push out additional products with the same bug before (and without) fixing the bug??? Adobe? Total scam.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I am a business owner and I use Adobe CC (2017) for a number of our creative employees. Set up an account for my daughter to use but it won't let me download. Keeps trying to provide me with free temp account online and then asks me to go through horrible sales process to glean all of my personal info. I have had this account for more than a year. Account is fine but I've been passed around to 4 different agents in India, none of which have any clue whatsoever. On the call currently, now being passed to the fourth person who claims he will connect me with the correct Adobe CC group... Yet they keep apologizing and offering to connect me to the right person.

Adobe Company Information

www.adobe.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use