Adobe

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My company has been using ADOBE creative suites for years. In the business of Graphic Arts, software can be very expensive. Thus there is a fine balance between art and cost. However, this fine organization makes it completely affordable for small and large size organization to afford their software. Thank you and bravo to the innovation of your platforms.

I was planning to use Photoshop for a short period of time. What Adobe is not telling you is that you cannot just use Photoshop for one month. You sign up, and then if you try to cancel the subscription, they will charge you half of the annual subscription fee. Adobe has put this notification in a separate pop-up which you will definitely not click on. So, by clicking next, you agree to the terms and conditions. I contacted customer support to cancel my subscription without paying the penalty, but such option was not available. So, now, I am being charged every month for something I had no intention of using for a year. Adobe, this is the last time I spent a dime on your products. There are plenty of other free options to fill in for Photoshop.

Adobe charged us $484.02 for Adobe Acrobat Pro back in mid July. This was a fraudulent Adobe account setup to make this purchase and we canceled the debit card. Contacted Adobe and they agreed to the refund as we are not aware of the Adobe account they mentioned used to make the purchase. They informed me that the refund had been initiated, was in process and we would be receiving the refund within 5-7 days. Called back after 7 days and was told I am now only allowed to discuss this issue over Adobe chat support - even though I was able to discuss 7 days prior over the phone. Got on Adobe chat and was transferred 5 times.

Each time the rep informed me that they needed to take a few minutes to review my case only to result in each rep wasting my time (not reading case notes, starting from scratch) for at least 30 minutes of back and forth before transferring me to what they again said would be the appropriate team. The last chat support rep was supposedly a mgr and informed me in writing that I would be receiving the refund and it was in process still and it would be up to 5 business days before I received it. 7 days later I call and am transferred to the Adobe Acrobat Pro team. This rep looked at the case notes, came back and said he would personally take over the case and that he was initiating the refund while I was on the phone with him. Wait, I thought it was already in process for 2 weeks now! Was told it was, but there was some issue processing it on the backend.

Was informed not to worry as I was now with the Adobe Acrobat Pro team who could and would resolve this issue once and for all. The rep said he initiated the refund and this time I would definitely be receiving the refund in 5-7 days. 7 days later I call back in and am told that my refund has now been denied! Why? A rep says because they are unable to identify the account used to make the purchase they will be unable to refund. This had already been explained many many times and was well known in the case when I had been told my refund was in process and would definitely be receiving it. Asked to speak with a mgr and explained - first of all, this was well known in our case and how are we supposed to provide the account information for an account we didn't create.

Mgr says - good point and that based on our conversation I will be receiving the refund in, you guessed it - 5-7 business days - wait, I see a pattern here. Another 7 days, no refund still. Call back in and am told this case is with the Senior team and I will be receiving my refund in a max of 2-3 business day. At this point, I have little confidence that we will ever receive this refund. I will clock back in at Adobe for another wasted hour(s) of my life in 7 days for the usual 3-4 transfer minimum and standard "it's in process but will be x amount of days". I have worked in IT for over 25 years and have NEVER seen anything that can touch this regarding poor support and that's really saying something. Wow!

I use Adobe Reader for business and I've been having problems with it recently, namely: files cannot be edited and resaved because Adobe thinks it has them open somewhere else, and files cannot be renamed/moved/deleted because Adobe thinks it has them open somewhere else. There are reports of this bug dating back to 2011 in the Adobe forums and they are still unanswered. Adobe, if your product doesn't work, you need to at least make this information available to customers. Adobe employees are beyond stupid if they can't fix a bug that they've known about for years. How can you push out additional products with the same bug before (and without) fixing the bug??? Adobe? Total scam.

I am a business owner and I use Adobe CC (2017) for a number of our creative employees. Set up an account for my daughter to use but it won't let me download. Keeps trying to provide me with free temp account online and then asks me to go through horrible sales process to glean all of my personal info. I have had this account for more than a year. Account is fine but I've been passed around to 4 different agents in India, none of which have any clue whatsoever. On the call currently, now being passed to the fourth person who claims he will connect me with the correct Adobe CC group... Yet they keep apologizing and offering to connect me to the right person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

I had planned on buying the full software (Photoshop, Lightroom, etc) yesterday after I cancelled my $9.99 monthly subscription for trying Lightroom for a few months. When I cancelled, I got hit with a $47 "cancellation fee" that I wasn't aware of. Maybe it was there when I signed up, but if it was it wasn't obvious to me. I hope Adobe enjoys that $80 they got from me because they'll never see another penny from THIS amateur photographer who has plenty of expendable income to put toward equipment and software. AND I'll be warning my friends, coworkers, and fellow enthusiasts away from the Adobe product in the future because of their business practices. There are plenty of other photo editing software products out there that I can use who DON'T follow the "cable company" or "gym" gouging strategies.

I've been an Adobe Software user since 1996. I have had two separate issues with their software the past week since that year. I received no help via telephone, apparently my CS4 software requires "experts" in that version via their support CHAT only... subsequently, I have now wasted an accumulative of 8 hours dealing with the most INCOMPETENT support workers I have ever dealt with. Kept me on chats for hours just to reconfirm what my initial question was!? Copied chat threads and willing to send to anyone interested.

My Photoshop plan when from $10 the first to $40 the next and so on. I cancelled the plan immediately after noticing. After work I contacted support. Found out there was some stock crap added to my plan. I also found out that even though I still have Photoshop plan till the end of the month. I cant uncancel that and keep Photoshop. So I would have to pay the $50 cancellation fee for that. I have to pay 147 cancellation fee for the stock crap that got added. And If I wanted to keep just Photoshop I would have to rebuy or restart my plan. Which would make me have to recancel the hidden fee stock crap since it's a hidden fee. "Free 1 month trial" that is a separate plan that comes with Photoshop. Which basically means if you get their $10 Photoshop, the 2nd month and so on is $40. It will come with 2 different plans. To cancel the one you don't want will cost you $147. I thought Adobe was a legit company. ** shame they resort to scamming.

I signed up for Adobe Stock to access photos I had purchased from another company (DOLLAR PHOTO CLUB) that was bought out by Adobe Stock. In order to access my photos there I had to pay Adobe $9.99 a month. Regrettable, I signed up. A year later Adobe raised the rate to $29.99 a month with NO notification!!! I want to cancel and they want to charge me a cancellation fee for the remainder of the 9 months I have left on a year contract (which I NEVER SIGNED!!!). And although their customer service person in India says they sent me an email - I can't locate anything in my emails notifying me of the change. Unbelievable cheap and sneaky way to do business... ADOBE YOU LOST A CUSTOMER... I say class action lawsuit!!! What a scam and a company I now have NO respect for. I will never ever buy an Adobe product again.

So I needed the Adobe software for an interior design class I was taking. I was trying to locate the student version and couldn't find it. So I figured $49.99 was ok for me to pay for 2 months. After my class was done I called to cancel, and I was informed that I was actually in a 1 year contract. Are you kidding me. The basic options I was given was to change to a cheaper version and renew the 1 year contract or keep paying. I keep paying and I didn't realize they went ahead and renewed a 2nd year without my consent. They tried to say they sent an email, which I didn't get and wanted to charge me $200 to cancel. I was able to get the cancellation fee waived. They just try to get you.

I am a long-time Adobe user (Photoshop 2.5 is my birthdate) and have had the usual ups and downs with Adobe over the years. Yet, when they went to the web-based products, they opened up a whole new area of discontent for me. Pretty much, Creative Could is Adobe's permission to steal. First off, when I closed my business, I needed to close up my "Team" accounts with Adobe, yet due to the annual contract, they were going to charge me an enormous fee. I was able to "negotiate" down to keeping two on the team going, in order to fulfill my obligation. Then, the account auto-renewed and created a problem for the two since another annual started. When renewed, I was assured that that would not happen, but it did. As I tried to rectify that situation, I had to "negotiate" 1 personal account in order to be hit with cancellation fees. So, a small personal account for Adobe to collect another year of fees.

At the time, I was again assured the account would not renew. Yet, it did and today, I spent nearly an hour to get them to cancel the account. Mind you, they offered me a refund of the last payment made... if I opened a smaller account under a new email address. Fool me once, fool me twice and back to the wall to fool me again! To be clear, Adobe has a very specific business model here and it is that of a street corner drug pusher. Be conscious of the following before entering any agreement with Creative Cloud: Their default setting of "auto-renewal" is their ONLY setting. You do not have the option to turn this off, like with most businesses... it is ON. If you are not diligent, it will renew.

They say they will notify you when the account is due to renew. I have never, never received an email from Adobe making me aware of a renewal date. They say it goes out automatically and "I must have missed it" or "it must be in your junk folder." Don't be fooled. Once your account auto-renews, you are now looking at cancellation fees. Even though I mentioned to my Rep 4 separate times, "I need to close the account since I am no longer using the account," he continued to try and get me the best value by signing me up to a new account! So, if you need Photoshop, or any of the products that Adobe sells... they are wonderful products. But, please keep in mind, the Creative Cloud is designed to take your money and continue to take your money with the business practice they have in place. Just like that gym membership you cannot get rid of, Adobe will rob you blind!

Spent over an hour on phone support with Adobe, calls are routed to India where no one speaks clear English. Had to ask them to repeat themselves over and over... they took over my computer and zipped around with my mouse moving and changing things, after an hour or so, I checked my files, while they were still on the phone, and suddenly many of my folders with hundreds of photos were now missing!!! They denied and lied and said they didn't remove anything. I kept explaining to them that these files were there before they touched my computer and now they are not... They continued to outright lie and deny any wrongdoing on their part and blamed me?! They are useless, lying idiots, who not only did not help in ANY WAY, but made matters WORSE by deleting tons of my important files!!!

Please be very careful while subscribing or buying Adobe products! Once you try using a product from Adobe (I used the PDF pro) and then feel not useful and cancelling, they will keep charging you for rest of the year and auto-renew as well for another year. I had to put up a lot of efforts with customer care who initially asked me to be charged a 50% penalty for remaining months if I cancel the account. I was already charged 3 months without knowing and I was in impression that subscription was cancelled already. Eventually after a lot of discussion and arguments, the customer care senior staffs decided to cancel and not charge any penalty. This is very very disappointing experience from Adobe!

I needed to use Adobe CC for my graphic arts classes in college. I utilized the one student contract for 19.99 a month from May 15, 2016 to May 15, 2017. Once I graduated college, my life was flipped upside down with relationship issues on top of my granddad passing away. So needless to say, I wasn't paying enough attention to my bank account when I noticed additional charges of 29.99 from Adobe CC for the months of June and July of 2017. When I tried to cancel the service since I didn't need it, they charged me $150.00 for canceling the contract early. Which is where they get you. If you're not paying attention and forget to cancel on May 14th, 2017 you will be auto-renewed for a new yearly contract at an increased rate.

I am a longtime user of Adobe software, as well as software that was originally from competing companies that Adobe swallowed up on its path of having a virtual monopoly in the graphics, photographic, and website creation industries. In the early years of Desktop Publishing, Pagemaker by Aldus was king and became the backbone of the industry. It was acquired by Adobe in 1994 and later became known as InDesign. Dreamweaver, with a unique approach and interface for creating websites, was owned by Macromedia, until it also was acquired by Adobe in 2005.

Adobe rose to prominence. The software based tools that were provided and the special software integration became essential for most professionals in the new digital fields. The use of layers in Photoshop allowed much better control of photographs and other graphic images. It also allowed an artist to be able to open an existing file and see the various layers that were used and make any adjustments when needed. It is easy to overlook the importance of this, and the very fact that the graphical interface of the desktop allows us to view icons, or thumbnails, of image files placed on the desktop, or in folders.

What we, as users, had to do was make a software purchase based upon the needs that we had. That software would reside on our computer. If, in the future, a newer software version was made available, we would make our decision to purchase not based upon what improvements or additional features had been added. The one software purchase could certainly meet the needs of many for a few years or more. The choice was with the buyer. He, or she, would still be able to open, view, and work on their existing files, and create new ones as long as that software was compatible with their computers' operating system. This was a system based upon mutual respect.

But, something has drastically changed, and not for the better for users. Apparently, Adobe Corporate, in their near monopoly position in the industry, decided what is best for the customer. At least, that is the spin being provided. Just by chance, it allows them to charge more for services and products while greatly cutting their expenses. It smells like greed to me and feels like price-gouging to my checking account.

The requirement now is that anyone using their Creative Cloud based software (CC) must agree to pay a reoccurring monthly fee or not be able to access, view, or work on relevant image files that were created by that software. Users will be prevented from creating new ones unless the monthly fee is paid. Essentially, this is a lifelong commitment if one needs to have continued image access. If an older Adobe software is installed and works with the current computer operating system, image files created under that older software can be opened or viewed. To force users into the monthly CC payment plan, Adobe does not allow users to purchase earlier software versions that could be installed on a user's computer.

This is extortion, pure and simple. I have seen and read references to how many Adobe product users have chosen to sign-on with this Adobe Ransomware approach as if this was a positive. Think again. I guarantee that many have had to make the choice out of duress. This corporation has basically threatened each creative professional with either pay the monthly fee, or lose access to a life's work, not be able to conduct business or a profession as before, and potentially damage relationships with many existing customers. This is not an exaggeration. It is a shakedown in which we must choose between greater harm and loss versus paying a much higher price. Our work and art is being held hostage. Adobe has become the corner heroin dealer that keeps raising the prices.

This should not have been allowed to happen. If it was really a fair arrangement, we would be allowed to make a choice between purchasing the software outright, or paying a monthly fee. Not being allowed to do this, perhaps, reveals something about Adobe's true intent - greed, increased corporate bonuses, and control of the revenue stream versus the best interests of the customer.

I signed up for a thirty day Adobe Photoshop free trial and when I tried to end it on day 28 they denied. I went around and around their confusing site twenty to thirty times, and when I got furious I discussed it with "an interactive form." It finally said it would unsubscribe me. However, two days later I get a failed payment notice on Adobe STOCK, which I never even signed up for! They tell me have an annual contract, but I never agreed to one. I don't know what they are talking about. I have 89 cents in my bank account, and this is devastating to me. I again went in circles on their site. They designed it not to work or to make people give up. I can't even unsubscribe from a subscription I did not create!!! Please help!!! They are literally trying to steal money from my bank account.

I have used Adobe Creative Suites CS5 for years, unfortunately my computer crashed and I replaced it with a new Mac that has Sierra operating system. CS5 does not work and they provide no support for CS6. I refuse to sign up for subscription, and after reading the complaints I am glad I did not. I purchased Photoshop Elements and Premiere 15 today at about 12:00 p.m. It is now 7:10 and I have not been able to install the software and unable to reach customer support. I have been on hold for 3 hours and waiting on chat response for 4 hour. I am now going to request a refund through my PayPal and find a different photo editing software. I have been using Adobe software for almost 20 years and hate to leave, but this is just ridiculous and I refuse to support a company that has no respect for customers. I have never dealt with a company with such bad customer service.

Poor customer support - won't give you a direct answer and ignore your questions. Gave incorrect information about cancellation fees when signing up and then when told to search for transcript of original conversation, I was ignored and the agent continued to try and sell me the product and not allow me to cancel my plan. I asked to cancel my plan and then agent told me I would get a free month after a full year's of subscription - how does that make sense? I asked to cancel my plan again, and then instead of cancelling my subscription, agent offers me 2 months free so I remain a customer for a year and then get 2 free months. Just because they dominate the market with the product, they think they can just offer poor customer support and keep you sucked in. It took an hour to resolve the issue due to the agent's incompetency to answer the question.

Adobe make it nearly impossible to cancel the renewal of a subscription. I can't afford to renew my years subscription and I want to the peace of mind to know that my years subscription will not be renewed at the end of the year. The customer support are trying to get me jumping through all sorts of hoops trying to make me give up.

I hated the idea of losing the ability to buy the software and have to rent it. I thought had no choice back then being a student so I went ahead. After 1 year and 11 months and several price increases I tried to cancel my subscription and stop Adobe from billing my card. It took many a run-around. Not long after they sent me several emails advising me that they have de-activated auto-renew and have closed the case by cancelling my subscription and that they're sad to see me go. Then another email offering for me to sign right back up. No thank you!

This company seems legit, but they're not! Do not waste your time and money even if the deal looks good or cheap. Bought the 1-year plan for Adobe acrobat (in February) because it was cheap and I needed it temporarily. Tried to cancel it on the website, it said cancelled. Following month, I start receiving bill again saying there is a problem with my payment (as I was paying by Paypal and when I cancelled in April, I also cancelled it on my Paypal account to prevent any renewal). I contact them by chat and after trying to make me "change my mind" at least 5 times, then pay US$59 for the "remaining 8 months", he finally decides to cancel it, but only if I pay for May. Then, the "kind" agent just disappeared and terminated the chat. DO NOT BUY ANY ADOBE PRODUCTS! It's a BIG SCAM!

This Adobe rental has to be stopped. This is a JOKE! I used Photoshop 5 for so many years without update and did the job just perfect. Not everybody needs "every month's software update" to charge this kind of money. Please someone do something about this nightmare.

I waited eagerly until my Adobe CC yearly account was due, then checked to make sure it was finished. To my horror I found it had 'auto renewed' for another year without any warning or consent. I contacted their help desk and tried to communicate with someone (from the Philippines?) about the problem. I was told my only option was to pay out the plan in full! I became angry, with no response from the poorly English understanding help desk person. I finally threatened legal action. Instantly my 'unauthorized' one year contract was cancelled. I had already experienced problems with the Adobe graphics subscription. There was no clear explanation that it was a locked one year contract and when I tried to cancel, I was hit with hundreds of dollars of 'payout' fees. This company is unscrupulous and unprofessional. I advise others to avoid Adobe and use other graphics and movie editing software.

I have the 1-year teacher/student Adobe Creative Cloud account. I paid for 1-year instead of monthly because it was cheaper, and as a post-doc I was barely making enough money to live on. I needed the cloud for work, ironically, so I was paying to do my own job. I ended up not using it much, especially for the price. After one year, the payments kept coming out of my account. I never received any email about an auto-renewal, and was never offered the option to NOT have an auto-renewal, which I would have never consented to.

In addition, I was informed that Adobe would continue to bill me, every month, forever, until I paid a cancellation fee of 50% of the remaining months. And if I didn't do so before the end of this year, the contract would be automatically renewed (even if I hadn't paid for 9 months) and I would continue to be billed every month until I paid all the months for the past year and 50% of the months for that new year. Absolutely not acceptable, completely illegal, and someone needs to take these guys to court until they pay back every dime they've stolen from the American people. Right now it would cost me $100-$150 to cancel. These **.

I downloaded the Adobe Acrobat Pro "free trial". They asked me to make an account and input my paypal information which is standard if you stay past the 30 days. It turns out it's only 15 days which is not stated clearly. They then enrolled me in a month-to-month subscription of $25 a month. I was charged twice and then told on the same day they took the second payment that they do not issue refunds as it is against their policy. I will no longer buy Adobe products. They are very crooked.

After you cancel your Adobe CC subscription you will be charged 100 dollars. Now this does say in very small print basically hidden that they will charge you this. But what they don't say is once you cancel your subscription your credit card information is removed from your account settings and you can't change it. If you call their customer support they will tell you that if you add a new card the old ones will be removed from their system. Two weeks later I get a charge to the old card for 110 dollars (why even extra money?). Very shady and actually lied about deleting my old card information. Now I need to cancel my card, report the charge as fraudulent and get a new bank card. Just torrent CS6. It's the same as CC. Or go with a different up and coming company in this industry. Scam - fraudulent charges beware.

I ordered what I thought was $29.99 for a year subscription on their horrific website. Come to find out, it was a monthly charge of $29.99 and when I went to cancel after 2 months of charges, there was a cancellation fee of $130+ bucks to break the year "contract". I called Customer Support and of course got India. It was painful but I was able to get that contract cancellation fee (hopefully) waived. Their website is awful and extremely misleading and their customer support is just as bad. Shame on you Adobe.

I ordered and paid for Premier Pro for one month as I needed it for a project. I thought that you paid for one month only. My work then bought the package including this program connected to my work email, hence I no longer needed or used Premier Pro attached to my personal account. Unbeknown to me they had been taking money every month since this is for 2016 up until February 2017. In contacting the company to cancel my account, my account was finally cancelled, however, I requested a refund for the money for a product that I did not use or have access to, connected to my personal account. I was given a case number and told someone would contact me, they never did. I then call again and they state I will get a call back in the next 24 to 48 hours and then no one calls.

How ridiculous to call back over such a large period of time. For a huge organization, the customer service is so bad I literally have not experienced anything like it. I have been given the run around from pillar to post. It is the most frustrating thing. In approximately 20-30 calls I have received two call backs, of which ended with the fact that I would get another call from another manager and guess what I never did.

They have taken money from my account without my authorization and now I cannot establish a line of communication with anyone to discuss a refund. They will not allow me to talk to a supervisor when I call, they will not give me the full name of the person I am speaking with and they will not give me an email address of someone I can contact regarding the situation. I cannot believe that a huge organization such as Adobe treat their customers in this way. I mean what are the next steps if you can't even get to speak with anyone who can actually help you. Adobe are quick to take the money but in handling any issues they are shocking and I am at my wits end.

Adobe Stock bought Dollar Photo Club last year. I was a member of Dollar Photo Club and Adobe offered me a one year extension at the same price ($9.99 per month) after they switched Dollar Photo Club to Adobe Stock. I decided to stay on because it was the same price. Fast forward to March this year where Adobe charged me $29.99 instead of $9.99. They sent no emails or any other communication stating the price increase. I contacted them to cancel and they tried to tell me that if I cancelled I would be billed nearly $200 in cancellation fees. Luckily, I knew they offered a 30 day risk free cancellation period and once I pointed them to their cancellation policy, they cancelled my subscription with no fees. I had 27 credits left in the system. They never informed me and I had no idea that after 30 days my credits would be erased.

I went to buy a photo today with my previously paid for credits to find that they scrubbed them from the system. I contacted them again and they basically told me, "Too bad. You cancel, you lose them." This is fraud. I paid nearly $50.00 cumulative for those credits. If they were going to scrub them, I should have gotten a refund. This is not right and I am not the only one this has happened to. I truly believe this should be taken up as a class action suit against Adobe for fraud. If you are going to subscribe, please understand there are a lot of hidden consequences to subscribing to this service. When you contact them you are talking to someone in India and they just keep repeating the same thing over and over. It's frustrating and ridiculous. I don't know who is in charge at Adobe but they clearly do not care about their customers.

I wanted to create a PDF file for my resume. Adobe PDF Create is on my computer, but nowhere it shows save to USB memory stick or to computer. Why pay for something if I cannot use it? Tried to send it to email and more hassle so I canceled my account.

Adobe Company Profile