2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

Adobe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

In July 2020, I clicked on a "free" 7-day trial for Adobe Pro to help me send a pdf file in an email. I couldn't get it to work on my PC. I tried calling for help, but I never could actually speak to a human being, nor to cancel either. I listened to an endless loop of recordings. I tried to cancel online, but the website tried to extort a $60+ fee from me. Short of paying that, it wouldn't let me cancel. They managed to get $66.10 from my checking account. I had lost my debit card and I didn't think they could attach to my new debit card, but they did.

Now they keep sending me emails trying to collect the money I supposedly "owe" them. When I finally got to talk to a human being (I believe they had no human employees because of the Corona Virus for the last few months), I told them I wanted to cancel, and they kept trying to connect me to Tech Support to help me use a product I never really needed to begin with. Then they tried to "save" my subscription by offering another deal for a product I don't need. I came to the conclusion they don't let people cancel their fake subscriptions. If you expect to receive even substandard customer service, don't ever do business with this corrupt marketing company, because their customer service is the worst I've ever received.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Beware deceptive marketing on costs for Adobe Creative Cloud plans.

- Nowhere on the webpage that describes the plans page does it say that the plans are annual. It only says that the costs for the plans are $9.99/mo.

- The language on the order page that says "You can cancel anytime..." No mention of cancellation fee.

You only discover that you will be charged a cancellation fee if you read the fine print in the Terms and Conditions link. This fee is not disclosed on the Plans Comparisons/Cost webpage OR on the order confirmation webpage.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Guys be careful when you subscribe to any products offered by Adobe. For some office and personal work I needed pdf editor so decided to take subscription for Acrobat Reader with editing function. I was charged 14.99$ per month after initial subscription. I canceled the subscription after 1 month 3 days and was okay with being charged another 14.99 even though I only used it for 3 additional days, however, when I was canceling I was told that I will also be charged 29.99$ as early cancelation fee because I am terminating my agreement early! This is insane. If I knew that I am part of an annual agreement I would have never signed myself up for this. Never buying anything from adobe anymore.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Signed up for free trial with monthly account. Forgot to cancel. Was able to stop auto pay through Paypal. Continued to receive emails to update payment info. Contacted customer service to cancel and was told that they would give me 2 months at no cost to give me time to think about cancelling. I agreed to that then they sent a link to update payment info. I refused to do that since autopay started this whole issue and told them to just cancel now. They sent me a link to the cancellation policy indicating an early cancellation fee. I refused as I had had only signed up for a monthly plan, not yearly, so we'll see what happens next.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I used Adobe for some classes I was taking. When I went to cancel my subscription they gave me an option for 3 months free, I accepted on the premise that I would not be charged for the next 3 months, I was promptly charged another $22. When I went to cancel again, I got the infamous $49 early cancellation fee. Didn't think I'd have to deal with extortion from a company like this. I haven't tried to call customer service as I understand it is just a waste of time. I am begrudgingly paying the fees, though I will never subscribe to Adobe again.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Terrible. A 1-week free trial turns into 4 months of no unidentified billing that becomes adds on an additional "Early Termination fee of another $30..." all of this on top of the $60 they took from me for a service I never used. I had previously attempted to cancel the service after one day of trying it, as it was not what I needed. There was no confirmation of this cancel after I had made it, and now their support team basically suggests "tough luck." This is not a company worth doing business with.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I had a monthly subscription, yet every time I tried to use they insisted I needed to buy it or do a free trial. I get billed automatically every month and when I log in to my account it clearly showed I had a subscription for the product I was trying to use. I called support and after confirming I had a monthly subscription they transferred me to another support team to fix the issue. After waiting over an hour with no answer hung up. I've decided enough was enough and cancelled my monthly subscription. They charged me another $30 for early termination! Adobe is a great product but their service and subscription model suck.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I did their free trial since I just opened up my own business. I didn't use it once because the COVID19 brought everything to a halt. I forgot to cancel the trial on time so it charged me. Ok, fine. That was my fault. I went and decided to cancel my subscription and it cost me $49.99 to cancel. I have been using Adobe since high school (2005!) and I will never EVER use their products again. People are struggling due to a WORLD PANDEMIC and you charge me $50 to cancel. ** YOU.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I started paying for a subscription but could not acess it because of technical difficulties. I called the tech department. They assured me it would now work. It didn’t. So I just wanted to cancel the subscription. The person on the phone simply would not let me cancel without a fight. When I thought I was done with it, I looked at my card statements and I was still getting charged. For months! I called my bank and got a new card. That didn’t help and somehow they still found me and kept charging me. So I called Adobe once again to “cancel” again. They put off a fight again and kept offering me promotions. They would not refund me even though they have it on record that I didn’t use their services. Awful experience!

Original review: April 25, 2020

I spoke to a young lady that was very helpful, but when she sent me to the billing dept to have them correct my problem I was put on hold for 1:53:39. No one ever came back to the phone. I had been charged 3 times to my card and just wanted the problem fixed. I also wanted an email saying the problem was fixed. Not happy.

Adobe Company Information