1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

393 Adobe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Picture this: You're a mom. Your two babies are in the car. One is only a few days old. You go to get gas. You pump three gallons, and the pump stops. You think the pump is broken and try a different pump. It says "see attendant." You thank the lord you were able to get three gallons at least (or you would have been stranded) and you get in your car and drive. You call your husband on the bluetooth, "Babe my debit card was rejected at the gas station. WTH?" Your husband checks online and says, "Adobe took $483 from our account."

What if there was $10 less in that account? Then no gas for you! What if your husband was in a long meeting, and didn't answer his phone for several hours? Then you'd be stranded for several hours with a newborn in a car that had no gas. What if you had no formula because your next stop after getting gas was to get formula? Too bad. You'd be stranded in a car with no gas with a screaming newborn. What if it was freezing or broiling out? Too bad. You'd have to call 911. All because Adobe thought it was a good business model to make massive withdrawals from people's accounts, without notifying them.

I invested hundreds if not thousands of hours into learning the Adobe software. I took continuing ed classes and Lynda classes. My job now is that I'm a mom. I want to keep my skills current so that I can go back out there in two or three or four years. But Adobe made the unilateral decision that I was not a student anymore, and that they could take $500 out of my pocket whenever they felt like it, without telling me. If you don't have children, maybe you don't understand. But when a company's actions threaten to leave you and your children in a life-threatening situation, you kind of decide that you will never use their software again. EVER. For any reason.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I paid for a year of Student membership and never authorized them to make monthly charges. Once the year expired they charged me a monthly payment that I did not agree to. When I tried to cancel I could not because I had to update my card information and guess what, as soon as I updated it they charged me and now do not want to give me a refund. The online customer service is extremely inefficient and did not help with anything.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

So I know Adobe as a company is probably untouchable and this review will achieve nothing but its online support is highly incompetent! So I contacted them about problems with saving Photoshop psd files as jpeg files. The online staff remotely accessed my computer and after 5 hours of attempting to try and uninstall and reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud and updating Photoshop I was left with Photoshop not opening any files at all! I tried contacting them again today and am being told they are experiencing technical difficulties and I will have to wait another 2-3 hours at least before I can hope to get help! REALLY?! How about Adobe use some of our cash that they take on a monthly basis and invest in some PROFESSIONAL tech staff who can actually help RESOLVE problems?!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have been on a rampage recently with Adobe as I noticed they have been over-billing for quite some time. After I discovered several unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account in amounts over $380 I called and demanded a refund. I never ever authorized the withdrawal in the amount and I never authorized a yearly subscription to anything. When I finally got a hold of customer service they said, it's in your contract. I said, "I never purchased that item, I purchased a monthly 19 account." They tried to tell me my student status expired. I said, "That's not true, in my account profile it says it's valid. I never received notice of ineligibility and if you take any more money out of my account, I will alert my bank to flag your withdrawal as an un-authorized purchase."

Other phone calls followed with Adobe. I made it clear multiple, multiple times both in emails and over the phone, that I cancelled all of my accounts, but they still took money out of my account claiming they had no notice or insufficient notice of my cancelling. Get this, you have 14 days out of a year to cancel, or you are stuck in a contract for another year at a price you never elected to pay. I've had it and I'm not putting up with it. I"m blocking them from my checking account and I will never ever, ever do business with them again. They're thieves and crooks and they care nothing about loyal customers of which I have been one since 2002. Warning, don't ever, under any circumstances give Adobe your card info. The cycle will never ever end and they will make unauthorized withdrawals from your checking account.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I used a 30-day free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. At the end of this I attempted to cancel, but I was offered an "extension" of the 2 month "free" trial. Who would turn that down? So I continued the service despite not really having the time to use it, so it wasn't really worth an extension in the first place. When I went to cancel it, I found out that they charge a "cancellation fee" of $19.98! That is literally the full price of the two months. After contacting customer service, they told me that you can only avoid the fees by continue using their services for a YEAR at $9.99/mo. When I pointed out how shady and wrong it is to market their "buy a year, get 2 months free or pay the full price of the two months" as a FREE TRIAL, I was told to read through the fine print of their 50 page terms and conditions. This is an unabashed scam. Do not use their products– I never will again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Adobe "online support" is a joke. You can't interface with anyone & the forced fields can't reply to any specific issues. I have used Photoshop for over a decade & am having trouble with the program recognizing ACTIONs & Edits I have made. Can't get anyone to respond in real time. I have work deadlines & Adobe can't be bothered. I would be willing to $$$$ for some direct support help if the problem is on my end. I believe the Cloud Photoshop is having sync issues that could at least be addressed or quickly corrected if only Adobe had a way to interact in real time. The bridge screenshot shows a resolution discrepancy that proves that there are sync information issues. Thus a possible hint as to why written ACTIONS don't respond to commands. Very frustrated, will try again to contact Adobe.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Adobe "online support" is a joke. You can't interface with anyone & the forced fields can't replay to very specific issues. I have used Photoshop for over a decade & am having trouble with the program recognizing ACTIONs & edits I have made. Can't get anyone to respond in real time. I have work deadlines & Adobe can't be bothered. I would be willing to $$$ for some direct support help if the problem is on my end. I believe the Cloud Photoshop is having issues that could at least be addressed or corrected quickly if only Adobe had a way to interact in real time.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Adobe stole over $60 out of my account after I canceled a monthly subscription. I called to speak to their customer care department, and I got someone from India. She said it was their cancelation fee, which is outrageous and I did not authorize this. After arguing with her, she said they'd put the money back in my account in 7-10 business days. Terrible, terrible experience!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Hi, I just installed AI and it automatically wants to charge me for Adobe Stock $29.99. I logged in to try and cancel my service, but I can't. So I had to call customer service which is based in INDIA with terrible english speaking skills. I've spent 45 mins repeating my issue which the rep clearly didn't understand with numerous times of repeating. He put me on hold for 20 mins to try and cancel my Adobe Stock INVOLUNTARY subscription and then HE HUNG UP ON ME. This is a terrible experience, and a complete and unnecessary waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I accessed the Adobe ID to cancel the Adobe Pro DC subscription before the 7-days trial on August 6th, 2018. Today I checked my checking account and saw the Adobe charges for a subscription that I never agreed upon. I canceled on Adobe website last month but never received an email and I forgot about it. Today I had to paid a early fee of 32 dollars for something I did not need to. Lost a customer for the Cloud subscription forever because I still have CS6 DVD in house. Thank you Adobe to steal almost $ 50 from me.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Wow. The last piece of my workflow changing to rent a program. Nope just like the rest of the software I used change to monthly rental, and I'm gone. So CC ya all when Adobe get their head out of their ss.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I pay monthly for the use of all Adobe apps and cloud storage. My plan says that it includes several services including "Edit in full resolution and have both your original photos and edits backed up to the cloud". My LR desktop app shows a cloud in the top right corner that automatically updates and if you hover over it says "synced and backed up". So I'm under the impression that my files are backed up. I accidentally deleted some photos and immediately called adobe to see how I can retrieve my backup. I was told there is no actual backup, it only syncs, and if you delete something from your computer app it will automatically be deleted from the cloud and your other devices.

After complaining on Twitter I was contacted by adobe and told they could retrieve the files and I would receive them by the end of the day today. Now I'm told they "need more time" but no details as to how long and no confirmation that after this extra time I will get the deleted files. The Twitter rep instructs me to communicate through her. The phone rep continues to call me and instruct me to not listen to her and only to communicate through him.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Past 3 months I have been constantly trying to get help from the Adobe Customer Service in India regarding the Redemption Code issue, but have got always a failed reply. They make fake promise to get back to you within 24 hours and to work on the case as a top priority, but fail to do so. So disappointed with the people they hire, especially the ones who deal with customer help.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Adobe customer service sucks. It is difficult to find a telephone number to purchase a product. When you finally do find a number you are on terminal hold - over 40 minutes when the robo message says 7 minutes. Adobe Lightroom CC is supposed to have a feature to create a photo book that works with Blurb. I looked at their videos but the information is useless. I tried to get help on this issue but to no avail. I am now looking for another editing program that works better and has better customer service. Also, from what I've seen canceling is problematic as well.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Try to cancel a subscription - impossible. Website completely fails to allow for account cancellations. Customer service can't speak English. Monthly recurring charges are deceptive and should be made voluntary, not automatically. Every effort is made to take money from customers and no effort is made to enable customers to get out of their account. Very sleazy to try and purposefully trap customers.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I recently noticed a double billing for Adobe Creative Cloud on my bank statement. Turned out it has been happening since January 2018. I contacted Adobe to resolve and found out I had made the mistake of creating two accounts, one for each of my computers, instead of putting both computers on one account since each account covers up to 2 computers. My mistake, but I asked Adobe if they could help me out with a refund since I clearly did not need two subscriptions for only two computers. They would not, even after I let them know I have been buying & subscribing to their software for 20 years. I understand the mistake is on me. But, to not bend their policies for a loyal customer of 20 years who has probably spent over $5k, seems like a recipe for quick desertion once an equal or better product comes about. No customer loyalty means no brand loyalty back.

Original review: July 21, 2018

"Get 10 Adobe Stock standard assets with your free 30-day trial". The promotion leads to believe that you will still have the option to claim your 10 free stock photos within the risk free month you are signing up for, but it turns out that cancelling also cancels this option. Confused, I try reaching out to Adobe support, turning out to be hours of investigations to find a chat. They explain, that what you have to do, to keep the access to the 10 free photos, is to "STOP BILLING". When I ask how choose this option, they explain, that you have to contact support... I have to ask ten times to get an answer to "where" in their promotion it is stated that this is what to do, if you want to keep the option to claim 10 free pictures (as cancelling will end this option). The answer from support to "where this info is available to the consumer": NOWHERE. It took a lot of time to get the support to admit this.

Conclusion: If this is not a scam, I don't know what is. The promotion: 1) Lures the credit card info from trusting consumers. 2) Take away the "gift" if consumer wants to avoid billing, before having made use of the 10 free photos. 3) Does not explain the do's and dont's to the consumer in any fair or straight way. There is NO mention of the "stop billing" option, and it is not available in the user control panel.

Finally: Adobe makes a BIG deal of pretending they offer human support. Reality is, that they are making it almost impossible to get to the point where the chat option appears. There are no email address for complaints or support. Adobe may have decent products, but ethics and true customer care is not real. Its a scam.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I really wish I could rate them less than 1 star. I realized I have been paying a subscription to Adobe since 2015 for a product I never use. Every time I try to cancel my subscription it says I will have to pay some outrageous fee for cancelling early. So I figure I'll just let my subscription end. However, there is no way to actually let your subscription run out since it automatically renews you without your permission. I've tried to find a button to not allow an automatic renewal but it does not exist. As a matter of fact, I can't even find the cancellation button anymore. They've made it as hard as they can for you to cancel. I really wish they do a class action lawsuit against them. I've paid almost $400 for something I don't use and can't get rid of...

Original review: July 6, 2018

Thank all you folks who confirmed a suspicion I've had. That Adobe's new software is rental-based as opposed to you being able to the past where you purchased their software outright. I have refrained from accepting their cloud-based software as it smacked of renting the software, thus making you perpetually in debt to them. I purchased alternative software that functions basically the same without the rental flavoring. I do have the Adobe CS6 Suite but am not using it because it ceased updating and periodically didn't work. When I replaced the HDDs on my computer with SSDs, I simply didn't try to reinstall the Adobe Suite. Mainly as I had no use for it at the time.

To be honest, the few times I needed support, Adobe proved to be fast and efficient WHEN I managed to through to them. Now, I thank you, people, for verifying I made a good choice. Rather than purchase the newest suite, I opted to purchase at a much cheaper price graphic and other software from a competitor. A competitor who sells software instead of renting it. They don't siphon your wallet while they keep it incarcerated in auto-renewal penitentiary under false charges. Thank you. Finally, I'm here by accident.

I was seeking an email address to send Adobe. I periodically receive rotating email address notices from a vendor who is apparently selling downloadable pirate software online. Using various blocking features of my mailer and MailWasher Pro hasn't stopped it. So I was looking for a fast easy, no jumping through hoops way to report it to Adobe. But now I think I'll just stay away and mind my own business but still try blocking this vendor as the emails now are spam. So will report it as spam to agencies that supposedly deals with that.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My Daughter needed Adobe for a school project (like many thousand kids worldwide), they are steered to agree to a subscription without parent consent. Then Adobe makes it impossible to cancel online. They would not cancel on the phone after calling. I saw there is a class action that has been filed. I contacted my bank and filed a claim to stop the payments. Crossing my fingers this nightmare goes away soon.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I looked everywhere to cancel/close my Adobe ID account. I tried to contact Adobe and they make it so difficult, I finally was able to get them on the phone (with someone from India). They made it sound like if I cancel my account my Adobe Acrobat reader which came with the computer won't work anymore. I don't really believe them. They are very DISHONEST. Another thing they do when you try to update Adobe Flash, it tries to trick you to set up McAfee security which is probably the worst security out there, they are just as dishonest lying losers like Adobe.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Customer Help Experience is the worst I have ever experienced. While writing this complaint I have been on various holds within ADOBE for more than 90 minutes as I keep getting shifted around from department to department without any concern for the customer. All I am trying to do is log in to start using the program. This is outrageous!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Recently, I received an Alert from my credit card company that I had been charged a modest amount for a purchase from Adobe Systems ($10.88). I initially thought this was probably a recurring subscription for Adobe PDF products which I use. However, I checked my Adobe account and confirmed that I pay for my Adobe PDF Export license annually, and I had in fact just paid it. So I contacted Adobe to try to get details on what the charge was for. They could not FIND a charge for my account for anything other than my annual renewal. I thought, great! Then I contact Chase and determined that in fact my account was charged on the date/time indicted in my alert, by some CALLING THEMSELVES Adobe Systems. I stopped the payment and had a new card issued.

Here is where my review actually begins... I called Adobe back just to let them know it looked like someone out there in the ether was scamming customers and using their name in vain in the process. You would have thought I was trying to murder someone! I was on hold for over 10 minutes waiting to tell someone in Customer Service what happened. (Again!) Then I was placed on hold for another 5 minutes while they found someone from fraud protection to speak to me. And the person who came on the line from fraud protection turned out to be a slighted more elevated customer service rep who really couldn't do anything to access my account to triple check that no other charges were made to my cards from Adobe. And then I was told to stay by my phone because someone from the REALLY SERIOUSLY FRAUD ALERT DEPARTMENT was going to be in contact.

In the meantime, I've cancelled my credit card. You would think that trying to help Adobe's public brand not be caught up in a big scamming scandal that they would be more responsive. Let me be clear: this does not look like it has anything to do with Adobe, other than it appears my credit card has been hacked and they are being used as the foil to blame for this fact.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I cancel my account to take a break. They charging me 250 which I don't have that kind of money for annual which I only suppose to be charge 55 a month. This is a huge ripoff and they need to be investigated for fraud because they overcharge you when you cancel. And guess what you can't buy a new plan until you pay the fee. Please investigate them.

Original review: April 14, 2018

If I could rate 0 stars I would. They scam you into paying months of unused services by making it impossible to cancel unless you contact them directly. I Canceled in November of 2017 whatever service that turned into (free subscription) so I thought was easy enough. April I see a charge on my card for Adobe. Confused I investigate to see they have been charging me all along for a total of 370$ for services I not only didn't use but had deleted from computer. I attempt to cancel once again to not see the option available anywhere on the site including following all 4 of their subscription cancel tutorials that resulted in dead ends.

I'm pretty tech savvy and know my way around a page, computers and the internet. I only wish I googled reviews first because everyone complains of this and I hope it destroys their business funded by entrapment and scams. I contacted them eventually for them to beat around the bush, imply that contacting them was the only way to cancel in the first place and they would see what they could do. This went back and forth until I blew up and told them, "It's not that complicated. Delete my account, my card and subscription" in not so kind wording.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I signed up for an Adobe subscription in 2013. I wasn't able to cancel it prior to the year membership without incurring a substantial penalty fee $$$. Learning this, I logged into my account and specifically selected the option to cancel auto-renewal. Over 4 years later, I am still paying a $14.99 monthly fee. I called to cancel today and they said my account does not expire until December 12, 2018. I asked that they disable the auto-renewal and was told that they could not do this. I have to remember to call them between November 12, 2018 and December 11, 2018 to cancel my subscription.

Additionally, my credit card number and expiration date have changed at least twice since 2013. I have to contact all of the organizations and utilities to which I make a monthly payment to change my credit card information. I never contacted Adobe and they hunted down and found my credit card information on their own. How is this legal? I am so angry and the credit card customer service person I spoke to today agreed that Adobe is unethical.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I almost never write reviews but my experience was so discouraging that I have to share it. I can commiserate with some other people's experiences here! I signed up for a two week trial of Adobe Lightroom to edit some of my paintings. The company is not upfront that when you sign up for a trial, and you don't cancel within the time period, they sign you up for an ANNUAL membership which you cannot back out of without paying a $50 (CAD) (40 USD) fee! As a grad student trying to pinch pennies this was really quite annoying. I was shocked and so disappointed by the lack of care their customer service provides. Unless you are super diligent about reading the fine-print, stay away.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I signed up for ONE month of Adobe Acrobat and it was a total scam. They locked me into an annual contract that had a cancellation fee of the remaining contract cost. Adobe is basically a loan shark company in the way they handled this. I spoke with customer service. They were VERY rude and did not help at all. The only way out of my contract (which had 5 months left) was to pay 74 dollars, which is a lot to me. The fact that they prey on people like this is ridiculous. I am willing to go to any length to put this company into the ground.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had signed up to use one of their products for a short term school project. I did so under the some sale of have the first month free. Once the project was done and before the month was complete I tried to terminate my subscription. Apparently I signed up for a one year contract and took the fault that maybe I didn't read the fine print. I asked for instructions on how to terminate. So when the time came close to my renewal, as I was instructed, I was told that I could not stop my auto renewal. Long story short, they kept sidestepping and I repeatedly made it clear that I didn't want any of their products, to cancel all subscriptions and delete all accounts.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I’m writing you after our near heroic efforts with the Adobe Sign product and support folks, and reaching weeks ago a point of diminishing returns. The Adobe Sign staff clearly have an expectation that no matter what the customer experience we have an un-breakable obligation to somehow make the product work despite problems, poor service, and having NEVER achieved the intended successful installation. Our many requests to terminate the agreement in accordance to its warranty have been responded to every time with the implicit assumption that nothing is wrong.

Would you intervene to end the madness for us? After months of an increasingly negative experience we can’t imagine that anyone at Adobe would think that the best thing to do it to force us to pay for a product we’ve not been able to implement after making a more than reasonable effort to do so. We simply can’t afford to invest any more time. UPDATE 4-2-2018. We finally got the Adobe Sign manager to refer our request to another manager and today after literally over 111 communications we finally go the agreement terminated. I remain in shock at the poor Adobe service literally from bottom to top...

Adobe Company Information