2. Miscellaneous

3.8/5 (848 ratings)

About Adobe

Adobe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I recently started a 7 day free trial thinking if I did not cancel the most they would charge me would be the $9.99 monthly for a membership and it stated cancel anytime. The cancel anytime to me made me think it would only cost me the $9.99 if god forbid something came up in my life that would make me forget. Especially if forgetting only costed me, I thought $9.99. Instead there was a cancellation fee that winded up costing me an additional $19.99. I paid this fee and will no longer use Adobe. I feel like even if there is in fine print or a disclosure somewhere outside of the initial viewable offer, that this is in itself a rather shady almost false advertising on some level act committed by Adobe Inc (or just Adobe).

I was under the belief that Adobe inc. or Just Adobe the company was more reputable than this and I may have un-intentionally put my trust into a company to the point that I did not read or somehow missed a disclosure stating there are hidden fees. At least hidden from the initial offer. The bad part is if Adobe had a one time purchase app I would buy it in a heartbeat because I am familiar enough with the program, but now Adobe seems to be pulling the same scam as a gym membership that says cancel anytime. Shame Adobe, shame.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I signed up for Adobe in June of 2020 with the intention of creating my own company logo. I ended up using another source to create it so after a couple months of procrastinating, I logged into the Adobe account and ended my subscription. Nearly ONE YEAR LATER, I decide to check my credit cards to see if there are any weird purchases and I find that Adobe has been charging me monthly despite me cancelling them. We are talking nearly $300 they have collected. I called them and they are very clear on their stance of giving refunds and refused to work with me. They insist I did not cancel it but I did. Now looking online, I see I am not the only one who has cancelled only to be charged repeatedly. I'm left kicking myself for not checking my card sooner. I will never do business with Adobe again and would advise people to avoid it.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I have been a member of Adobe since April, 2011, today is a August 17, that means I paid for Adobe more than 10 years. Today, I initiated my membership cancellation because of job lost, their system says I need to pay early termination fee. I opened chat and asked Adobe associate to waive the termination fee. But, their associate helped nothing and asked me to pay more. Anybody think about if Adobe is a good company, I paid more than 10 years of membership fee, but I am trying to terminate the plan a few month before ending the year, but they say I need to pay the early termination fee. How can you, Adobe, a big company treat a loyal customer, who have been too loyal to you more than 10 years and paid monthly, me, like this?

Original review: July 26, 2021

Adobe is ripping off my employer. All I need is a direct way to contact them to fix this, and it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to access. From my (unanswered) community forum post (which is the closest I can get to actual support, despite many promises on the site). Like others in this forum, I can't contact Adobe to cancel my subscription, including I can't access Chat or find a phone number. I contacted my corporate admin and they said they can't help. I think the issue is that I have an old creative cloud license, that my corporate admin can't access (for whatever mysterious reason), and an adobe sign license that corporate does admin.

Here's what I get when I try to chat: [picture message that I can only go thru corporate, which I have tried and they can't contact adobe about this either]. And there is literally NO PHONE NUMBER on Adobe site. (Although I did find a page telling me I have access to phone support to cancel subscriptions. Ha!) I need to cancel the creative cloud as I've been charged $16.40/month for *over 2 years* for nothing. I can't tell you how much time, over many months, I've put into trying to resolve this. Please, please, please give me some way to directly contact Adobe support to rectify this. It really seems criminal for Adobe to continue to charge my employer for this.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Adobe offers a subscription for students which allows you to use several services. After a month, I continued to try to cancel my subscription only to be served with additional charges. I have paid a $50 a month fee for the past 9 months and have been scammed out of an additional $60 in fees to cancel a subscription I never use. This company is a corrupt ripoff!

Original review: July 13, 2021

Literally, if I could give less than 0 stars I would. This company will charge you if you want to cancel your subscription and make you pay 50% of the fee for the rest of the months (1 year or whatever number of months you have left)

Original review: July 7, 2021

Once you give your credit card number, it is theirs to continue to use as they please. Also, there is no way to delete your card off of their website. They will continue to charge you even after you cancel the subscription, and will charge you 52.00 plus 17.00. Also a 105.00 charge as a cancellation fee. My advice, don't use them, unless you want this company to take your money, and they do want to talk to you about the cancellation, and are very rude. They will not give you a refund, also, the representative didn't understand english, and what I was saying and kept talking over me. It made me look at this operation as a scam.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Their PDF editor product is very hard to use and just not designed well. They also have an expensive cancellation fee. I'm surprised another PDF company has not taken their place, being that they are such an awful, greedy company. If someone knows of another company, please let me know.

Resolution response: June 25, 2021

Adobe went ahead and waived my cancellation fee since they "valued me as a customer". I got the resolution I was looking for, but I'm still concerned about their practice of "tricking" people into long term commitments. I had to threaten them with my lawyer to get resolution, and they tried to dupe me into another contract for 12 months. This kind of behavior will kill their business in the long term. Adobe is no longer the only game in town.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Adobe products are great. I use them daily at work. However, the "free" versions lack certain functionality (i.e. digital signatures). When I needed to sign something at home, I decided to sign up for an Adobe DC account because I might use it. 30 days later, I hadn't used it much and decided to cancel. I was offered a better price with 1 free month and the option to cancel after that (no mention of cancellation fee or additional commitment). 30 days later I decided to cancel again for lack of use because I don't use the program at home. They wanted a $30.00 cancellation fee. I was confused as I hadn't seen anything about this before. Apparently, their "Terms of Service" mentions it. You know, the 7000 page legal jargon that nobody reads because it would take a week. Yea that.

Original review: May 25, 2021

When it works it is great, problem they do updates without checking how it will work and what affects will happen when it goes live, causes chaos for a few weeks until they fix it, If you can use Affinity Products I would recommend that you do, if you are stuck and have to use Adobe products, be aware they do not care about you.

Adobe Company Information