2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5
Based on 1,110 ratings submitted in the last year

Adobe Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Today is Thursday. Since Monday, February 10th, I have attempted to reach Adobe's tech support (India). The outgoing message says the hold time is 20 to 40 minutes, but after almost 54 minutes, I finally hung up. Then, I contacted them via chat and they said they'd call me between 24-48 hours. I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM! Oh, then the operator at their San Jose location, hung up on me. The San Francisco operators were much more helpful. The bottom line is Adobe knows that this is happening, but they don't care enough to fix it. Great products, and terrible service.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I spent 2 days on 3 calls to Adobe for technical assistance. Each call had a 2 hour wait. When the tech was not able to find the problem he insisted that l read a link and fix it myself. I insisted he read the link a fix the problem because my reason for calling was to get an experienced tech to fix the problem. He did not resolve my issue. I called back later in the evening and after waiting 2 hours l went to bed. I left the computer on with the chat open. It was still unattended and unanswered in the morning. I tried again and after 2 hours someone answered. l have to say, he did better, he fixed fixed half the problem. Later when l tried to import BAM the problem was there and l could not import pics into LR. I opened the chat and waited 2 hours, nobody answered.

I've had it with adobe. When they went to CC they became a service company with responsibilities to serve their customers. The techs treated me poorly. They did not answer questions well. Their response time was terrible. They did not fix my problem and were not willing to find a solution. Adobe needs good staff. Communication skills need to be beefed up. They need to staff on weekends when people actually need them. They need more staff so they can be responsive in a reasonable time. I did not have a problem with LR or PS before we had to go to CC. Since then it has been downhill and as soon as l can find a good substitute l am gone baby gone! BTY - l have used LR and PS for over 10 years. I know the programs well and l say it is time to get out.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I signed up for a free trial and once the trial had ended they automatically put me on an annual plan, instead of a month to month plan. I continued using the product but now after using it for another 2 months I have gone to cancel and they are charging me AUS $200 to leave!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I have tried to cancel my $14.99 a month and they make it impossible. I have emailed them to be told that I cannot notify them on email. I have tried to log in, and they make it impossible. I would recommend not doing business with these guys.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I am a college student at SUNY Broome, NY. Our Professor made it mandatory that we have LR in our class for photography. He told us that it was a free service given to us by Adobe. After the first month of using this in class and signing up for the 'free trial,' my account was charged. When I and the other students all ran into this problem, we spoke to the Professor about this and he was baffled but said he would look into it. Most of the kids elected to drop the account after this and I tried as well but after adobe gets your first billing info, they will charge you a penalty for leaving the plan early. This was really frustrating to me.

The services are not really worth the money. I could have used a better product than lightroom and editing tools for free; I only used this because we were not allowed to use any other per our Professor (another huge point of frustration). Having used it, I just wouldn't recommend because you feel it's the best program out there for photography and editing tools in all honesty. Some features are nice enough but even common and fairly limited in comparison to even basic free programs like GNU. The cost is insane for this! But what's worse is how they try to get their hooks into you. I honestly don't even trust what they will do in having my billing information stored. Proceed with caution on this one and look around at other less costly programs. Their tools just aren't worth the price and it'll cost you even more just to try it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Someone stole my credit card info. Started to charge an Adobe photography plan to it with a wrong name and address and adobe allowed it. They know who stole my credit card info, but won't give the information. They have the fake name and fake address and obviously know the IP of the person. When I caught the fraud, all they did was cancel the recurrent charge but won't do anything about going after the person who did it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

While the products are worth the expense if you use them all the time, they are quite expensive if you only use them occasionally. When you decide to cancel your subscription, they make it nearly impossible. You cannot cancel directly from your account dashboard, nor is there a way to contact them directly from your account. The only way to do it, is to sign out of your account and go to chat on the sales website. Then tell them you want to cancel, they will redirect you three times until you get to the right person, who will try to convince you not to cancel for a very LONG time. Then you will be charged a $40 cancellation fee. This company treats their customers like crap- almost as bad as a telemarketing scam.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

They show AD for 1 month and ull you into an autodebit subscription for 12-months!!! I need refund and it's urgent!!! You guys need to be transparent! Moreover what the hell... Why will a person who wants to cancel your subscription will pay you 50% advance?? for cancellation??? I mean who is designing these things...who is approving??

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have been trying since 08/19 to get them to cancel any account(s) I have with them. I signed up for a 30 day free account and they then charged me after 30 days and have been charging me ever since. I contacted them 08/19 via their chat and they said it was cancelled. They then charged me for 09/19 and 10/19 so I contacted them 10/19 to ask what was going on. They said, Oh the account was cancelled in 08/19 but you have another account. Not sure what that was about, but OK, they said they cancelled the second one. Now it is 12/19 and I see they charged my card for 11/19. WTF??? And it is EXTREMELY difficult to communicate with them - like many companies now, they make it difficult to actually talk to them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The product is NOT intuitive. I takes too long to figure out how to do simple things. It is not good at supporting image management. AND there is a fine print clause that says that if you cancel inside one year you are subject to a portion of the annual fee. In my case I was charged 2 months extra for early cancellation AND it doesn't want to allow me to use their crappy product for the remainder of the paid up period so I would lose 29 days!!! There is no basis for these fees. It's not like they went through some effort to get me set up!!! BAD PRODUCT. WORSE BUSINESS Practices!!!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Adobe Company Information