3.58/5

440 Adobe Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased a subscription for Adobe professional cloud including pdf reader and associated features. The product stopped working and I worked with their technical support team who told me that I needed to REMOVE MY INTERNET SECURITY FOR ADOBE TO WORK. SCARY. THEY THEN REMOVED MY INTERNET SECURITY AND PRODUCT STILL DID NOT WORK. LOLZZZZZ. To add insult to injury I contacted PAYPAL after I cancelled the subscription as I had work to complete and required a service that actually worked. I downloaded SODA at a fraction of the price and works perfectly every time.

Adobe charged me a pro-rata fee for the remaining months in the contract and when I went to PayPal they did nothing and stated contrary to Australian Consumer Law that the product did not have to work and any communication about the service not working is undertaken outside PayPal and they are only there to process the transaction. This is why I am closing my PayPal account. Word of warning to use your credit card because you can at least challenge bad behaviour from a service or product supplier like Adobe/PayPal…

Original review: July 17, 2019

Non-responsive for extended periods of time. They don't read very specific questions asked and respond from script. Waste of my life. I have been trying now for an hour to get one simple question answered and to remove licenses, which I should be able to do on my own.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: July 15, 2019

Should have talked to customer service before writing my original review. Spoke with them this AM and issue was resolved 100%!! I am very happy. They understood my situation and did the right thing. If in the future, I need Adobe, I will use the service again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I used Adobe for a total of 10 minutes. Just saw a charge come thru for 16.02. Went in to cancel and a pop-up told me I would be charge 32.08 for early cancellation. What a rip off! I was applying for a job and the forms I needed to send must be encrypted so I used Adobe. I actually thought I was getting a free trial but I suppose I went over the time period. Would have been nice to see an email reminder.

Bottom line: I am being charged 48.10 for ten minutes of use. What a rip-off! Feel sure the 32 dollar fee was in the details but there should be reprieve for a case like mine. Feel like I was caught in a trap. I know in the past I have used Adobe (not on purpose, it just popped up as I am not computer savvy) but not sure what for. I just remember the name. I am going to eat this charge and never use this service again! Will write a letter to the Better Business Bureau as well. Watch out for the free trial! Another lesson learned about giving out my card online!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I find it ridiculous that it takes more than 2 minutes to cancel a subscription for one of their plans. The cancel plan button, directs you to a customer support chat. Which then directs you to an online agent that can cancel your plan. After you state that you wish to cancel a plan, they are stupid enough to offer you to walk you through some of the "basic and advanced features of the plan". That's not what I asked for! If I had wanted a brief about the features I would ask for that. I asked to cancel a plan, just do it, and do it fast.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I purchased a trial back at the start of the year. Wasn't compatible with my work computer so I called in to cancel. They continued to charge till July. When I called in, they couldn't refund me. I told them I never used it, I called in to cancel a few months back, and wanted my refund but they never cared and to them it was just about money. Fraud fraud. Order number: **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: July 4, 2019

Yet another 100+ billion dollar company using free monthly trials with fine print subscription fees to trap consumers in predatory contracts. Please note other users' reviews before signing on for a free trial. "They charge a large early termination fee which is not fully disclosed upon subscription."

Original review: June 22, 2019

This is a product geared towards advanced video editors with hardware that can support the demands of the software. They charge a large early termination fee which is not fully disclosed upon subscription. This software on my system, was slow, crashed frequently, and was very difficult to use. I am extremely disappointed with the early termination fee. I would not recommend this to anyone who is not an expert editor with a computer that does not have a Hard Drive, secondary SSD and a very good processor. I essentially paid $65 to find out I can't use this product.

Original review: June 20, 2019

As a recent graphic design graduate I find myself in need of only 3 programs. I do not want or need the entire range nor can I justify this expense. There used to be an option to download a couple of programs that you need but this has been taken away. Adobe does not care about freelance artists, they only care about big organisations. What is the point of offering only single programs or all programs? The point is profit. Very disappointed Adobe. If you're a freelancer definitely look into their competitors.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Adobe, you should be ashamed of your corrupt company. I purchased Adobe Photoshop CS6 in 2013. I enjoyed the software, but will unfortunately never use it again based on principle. My computer had a virus and needed so I had to delete my download. When I tried to re-download the application I clicked on the misleading links that Adobe has on the help page on how to download older versions of Photoshop. Eventually I tried the customer service line and was on hold for 13 minutes. I hung up and tried to get on online chat for help, but no one was responding so tried calling again as well as logging out of chat and logging back in.

This time, the someone responded promptly on chat, but I continued to be on hold to see if anyone would answer and gave up after 18 minutes. The person on chat said she would help me download. In the end, I find out that even though I purchased the software in 2013 for $349.00 it is now worthless. The only thing she could offer was a monthly subscription for the regular rate or purchase Photoshop elements for a one time fee, which is an inferior program. What complete rubbish! It is sad to see your company go downhill. I hope others will look for alternatives as I am.

Original review: June 11, 2019

If I could give this company a 0 star rating I would. I had been happy with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom but I ended up needing to cancel my subscriptions. I went online and tried to cancel the account myself and thought I did - until I was charged the next month. I used their online customer service chat and the C.S. rep told me that he cancelled my subscription and that I would be refunded the amount.

I was never refunded the amount and today I have the same amount being charged again. Called and spoke with a very rude Indian man who cut me off several times. Tried to argue with me about the amounts I was seeing in my bank account and basically told me there was nothing he could do. I am beyond furious. I am being charged monthly for a subscription that was cancelled and was told that he "can't find" the current charge that is being processed. I am a college student who can't afford to have random payments being made to a company whose products I am not willingly paying for. This is outrageous.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Adobe is practicing a fraudulent business style in my experience about Adobe Stock, which is their stock photo service. Their lead to the service is very "present" and visible in their desktop app that is offering you "10 free photos, trying (testing) the service". Until this point, everything OK. 3 months ago I had a small job and needed a photo with some children in a musical situation, which I had been looking for on Pixabay, Unsplash (the free ones), and also on Shutterstock and a couple more (the paid ones). Then i decided to give Adobe Stock a try. I found a few from which my customer chose two. I downloaded those two and considered the job done. Case closed.

Now, 3 months later, I have been wondering about a couple of invoices (€29,99) each covering a month because they do not reveal in the invoice text that it is covering "Adobe Stock". After two "chat services", I was during the second chat asking for the legal doc showing my "confirm" of a "yearly paid contract", which I never got. Instead this chat-employee made me clear that, that, yes, I had made a contract for one year and that it would "auto-renew". She/he wrote "that, yes - I could cancel this "deal" - But - it would cost me about 130€". I had mentioned that "in my opinion", I had never "ordered" this "service" - only tested this "10 free pics offer", picking 2 pics, and then forgot everything about it.

Then what happened? In the chat I was suddenly offered "3 months free use of the same service", 10 Stock pics a month, with the condition to go on paying "normally" afterwards until April 2nd 2020. Comparing the 2 "offers", hundred-and-thirty-something to the 3-months free + following normal payments, my brain considered paying +130 for nothing (+ what I already had payed), then the "semi-free" offer sounded better. So I chose the 3 months free etc. How do you all see this? To me it looks like violently milking "the cow", not in one single moment looking at customer needs and wishes. I have and use 2 services from Adobe - InDesign and AcrobatDC, with which I have no problems, and I accept the conditions because I need the tools and that they actually do me "the favor", both of them.

But "Stock" is NOT worth "One Year Contracts", as you only once in a while need a specific photo, and that you have a load of options to find "this" particular photo, either free or paid somewhere else on conditions much more "human". Adobe is practicing regular "fraud" (or at least similar) by by cheating people "inside" by a nice looking offer - and then grabbing people by the bullets with "legal bindings", only because it is normal that people "forget (stupid) small things". Suppose it must be a very profitable business at first glance. But let's see if this style of making money is a lasting way of doing it. It may hold some potentially ugly kick backs in it. Thx for listening. You're welcome to give me your comments.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I was offered a free trial for Adobe Acrobat XD. I was never informed (or anything I can clearly see) that I will be charged 2 months for cancelling. I only noticed that when my credit card was charged. The information that I would be charged should be shown clearly or be sent by email that I will be charged.

Resolution response: June 23, 2019

Finally received another sales offer. They had also accidentally charged my card $56 and refunded it.

Original review: June 2, 2019

They've offered me the $29.99 monthly bundle of apps sales deal I think three times now. Too bad I could never purchase it, since either the chat sales team has me hanging on literally overnight (the desktop window hanging open), or the sales phone reps are totally rude acting like I lied about the emailed offer, or the email support is also totally rude in asking me to email their personal work addy the offer directly only to ignore me.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and will be now filing a complaint with the California Attorney General's office. No wonder the company has a 1.68 star rating out of 5... should be -1.68. I have been an Adobe product user since 1987 and I have to say I have never seen such disgusting unconscionable customer service, product quality lack of understanding, illegal business practices and I could go and on. This company is truly ripping people off and people don't even realize how much they are being ripped off. My issues are multiple fold starting with Adobe Stock as they illegally take a monthly subscription from people, you purchase a tangible product meaning 10 images per month but if you accumulate those images and want to hold off on keep accumulating the images monthly you lose those tangible products you already purchased.

In my case it was $179 and I didn't want to keep paying the monthly fee before I had used up the images. I was told I would lose those images. TOTALLY ILLEGAL BUT NOT IN THEIR SICKENING MINDS. Don't know about this new owner but he must be a foreigner who has no customer service background or decency at all. I filed a complaint with the BBB and you wanna know what their absolutely stupid resolution was... Oh instead of looking into their illegal business practices... their answer was "we will give you an extra 60 days to use them"... never addressing their illegal business practices.

What kind of morons are now running this company. I know they are not from this country. Also I have had serious issues with Adobe Creative Live. None other that an illegal charge to a credit card that they never refunded and I addressed this in my complaint but it was completely ignored. Now I am having more issues with this absolutely stupid subscription and I can't even get into the account that I never changed any of the information for. So sad even chatting was completely useless. What kind of people are you training? You have turned out to be one of the most terrible companies in this country... sad, sad, sad...

Original review: May 26, 2019

I have used Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat for many years. After a computer crash killed my hard drive I had to reinstall all my products! Needless to say, Adobe insisted I buy a cloud membership and would not honor my original serial numbers. Enough for that! Affinity Photo seems to be a very good replacement product. Goodbye Adobe!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I was never informed of cancellation fee in the paragraph with the confirmation box. Not told when I cancelled. Not told in the cancellation confirmation email. When I got an unexplainable Charge I chatted with them. They told me what it was and when I asked to see what I signed they sent me a link of a page or more about cancellation that was never revealed to me before this. Scammers beware. Should have a class action lawsuit about this. Misleading and false information.

Original review: May 20, 2019

The original come-on said try for it a week then pay a monthly fee and CANCEL ANYTIME. This was a lie. You have to pay a two month fee to cancel.. That was never clearly stated. I will not purchase from this company again.

Original review: May 18, 2019

The single worst experience I've ever had with a "reputable company." No C.S. telephone number available, and all of the reps are from India and can hardly speak English. After spending a solid hour with one of their reps on their chat line, the guy couldn't even fix my problem, telling me to call another Indian guy who never even called me back. And I'm paying Adobe Photoshop every month for this service???

Original review: May 14, 2019

The Adobe Cloud Subscription service is very expensive when you lease all their software that you have to pay an expensive monthly subscription fee. Plus their tech support is horrible. I finally found a better way to go with Adobe CS6 Master Collection. I got it from the below for a one time low price and they give great 24 hour tech support in English. See below.

If you want to avoid paying a monthly Subscription fee for Photoshop and other Adobe software see below. You can get all the best Adobe software now at a much reduced cost in the Adobe CS6 Master Collection for just $151.00. It downloads directly from Adobe and there is not any Monthly Adobe Cloud subscription fee. It comes with all Popular Adobe software like Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended; InDesign CS6; Illustrator CS6; After Effects CS6; Acrobat Pro; Dreamweaver CS6; Premier CS6; InCopy CS6 plus more, and as a Bonus lots of great Photoshop Plugins to make using Photoshop easier and much better. See it here. http://www.directsoftwareconnection.com/adobecs6masterspecialoffer.htm

Original review: May 4, 2019

The Adobe customer service gave me such a bad experience that I can remember so far. Every time I have any issue whether it is purchasing the software or update or any other help, I only get to chat with illiterate Indian people who seem to be in charge and act like they are working on issues. I open a case and they chat with me about the issue/s and leave me with a promise that they will work on it in 3/4 days and then they do not completely get to the end and just close the case with solving the issue and without the client's permission. We need knowledgeable people in the Customer Service department.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Yes, my laptop is not new. But the Adobe Creative Cloud is so heavy and its updates are so slow, I have to wait for a long time while it’s running in the background. Sometimes I don’t even know it’s running in the background. They need to figure out how they can slim down the products and make them efficient.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I downloaded a product - it was a program to convert Adobe to Excel or Word - it was substandard at best. No place on the website did Adobe disclose they were going to charge my account monthly. All of a sudden I am getting monthly charges for a crappy product. When I go to cancel this crappy product - they want to add two months cancellation fee to my account. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ADOBE THEY ARE CROOKED AND FRAUDULENT.

Resolution response: April 12, 2019

For four days, tried to activate Adobe products and was not through support online until calling Customer Service and hooked up with excellent support from India. Everything has been resolved now! I had written a bad review about Adobe previously and now wanted to give credit to their support team in India for resolving all the issues. Anyone who has had a bad experience with Adobe should call Customer Service and not rely on popup support.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I bought Adobe Photoshop CS3 years ago and don't need all the bells and whistles of later editions. I went through support for hours and got nowhere! When you go to their site to re-install, they allow you to download a substitute product and you are given another activation number to replace the original one. However, you are never able to use that number because you are unable to contact Adobe even though I was signed in as directed.

Another support rep said that number was corrupted and gave me another number for Adobe Creative whatever. That didn't work either and it didn't work for the technician who took over my computer to do the same thing. Telephone reactivation is no longer working either! The technician directed me to call as the final step for activation but we were back to square one! So now I have software that no longer works!

Original review: April 3, 2019

Who is running this company now? Millennials with no business acumen or experience? I've been using PS and LR for years now and recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. I went into My Adobe to download them again. Poof, they are no longer there and everything is in the Cloud now they say. Hmmm no links, buttons etc to take me to them. I used to have them in My Adobe Account right there for me to redownload if needed along with their Serial Numbers and all the information regarding my purchase history.

Well folks that has vanished and now they FORCE you to go to the CLOUD to pay a monthly subscription to use their online buggy and slow programs. I refuse to do so. I want my programs that I paid over $1,000 for or a refund. I tried chat, after 45 minutes of waiting forget it. Then to call them you have to pay for that. So here I am with $1,000 of software I can't access and no one to help. I'm finished with Adobe. They can kiss my **. Oh and tech support is a joke. You will get someone on from India that you cannot understand. Sorry Adobe but when you sell products in America they should speak clear enough English to understand them. They are nice, but c'mon you have to be able to provide support for your product. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have used Adobe software for 25 years. It has been all downhill for the last 10 or so. I have spent a lot time learning their new software as they come out, only to hear that they will no longer be developing most of them (ie Speedgrade, Edge Animate, Muse, + others) - which means I have wasted a monumental amount of time being their market research piggy. To add insult to many grievous injury, half of the time it doesn't even work and all I get is an "unknown error". At this point I would be willing to learn an entirely new software suite for 4 different disciplines - print, web, motion, and video just to never need to think about these ** ever again. Not even one star - after 25 years.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Putting aside all of the software problems Adobe has, Adobe support is a whole other mess. During this week, I contacted Adobe support for their problems twice. But both times, I had to wait around 1 hour to even get a response. There is no notification or way for me to know when they respond, so I have to keep checking for a response from them, wasting my time. If you don't respond after they respond to you, the conversation is terminated. This is extremely abysmal because anytime you contact support, you'll have to wait hours for a response. And if you miss the response, that means you'll have to start a new conversation and wait another hour for a response. This is so excruciating. Such a waste of time. To sum up, Adobe = waste of time and money

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have spent three days trying to convert a pdf to word, so that I can edit the document. It is hopeless! I have tried every method recommended -- save as, export as, change title, keep flowing text, even RTF and text access. None of them work. Word simply stalls, stops responding. The two are simply not compatible. So why not edit the text and images in Adobe? Because I can't. Believe me, I have tried. I cannot recolor images, I cannot replace them. I cannot even re-align them. And shifting text from one page to another is a nightmare.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Absolutely no help whatsoever. Response time is horrible. I even forgot I was online waiting for an answer. Finally just gave up and disconnected. If anyone knows how to bypass "file checked out by another user" so I may remove the file please let me know.

Original review: March 20, 2019

It is worth calling out a company for bad behavior. Adobe makes Premiere Elements a poorly written & highly buggy program. Using the program proved to be a nightmare. I tried to set up a slideshow with my photo clips of sheet music, setting to music. The idea was to have the pages appear at each point matching the music. It was impossible to correctly set the durations of each clip. No matter what I did the the program chose its own unrelated duration. Also, importing the clips came in totally disorganized despite my numbering them correctly.

Four techs at Adobe looked at it and the conclusion of the upper level techs (two of them) was that the program is buggy and poorly written and has been since 2018. Adobe's response? No refund and, worse, they arbitrarily cancelled an escalation of the problem to the highest level tech service. The purpose of the escalation was for solving the problems. Basically, Adobe doesn't care to write good software and does not support what they have done even though they know it is poor. My resolution? I purchased Movavi Slideshow Maker and it works perfectly and effortlessly. Imports the clips in the proper order and sets them up automatically on the music timeline and setting the durations is accurate and correct. Conclusion: Avoid Adobe at all costs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had purchased a new Dell Windows 10 computer that I had installed Adobe Cloud access on for Indesign. It took forever to boot up then choked and paused for some time after login in. I got to where I just left it and did other work and came back later. It was difficult to open other programs and use too... I thought this was a Windows 10 issue having never used that version. After uninstalling all of Adobe apps which took some time to do... Then rebooting... My Windows 10 Dell computer nearly flash boots up and lets me go right to work. So a word of warning about Adobe Cloud it will choke up your biz computer and slow your work and use down to a crawl.

Adobe Company Information