2.5/5 (177 ratings)

About Adobe

Adobe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adobe?

Original review: May 25, 2022

Adobe PDF Export is a defective product that promises features that it cannot deliver. I paid over $30 for this product that does not work, getting better results for PDF export to Excel and Word using free online conversion software. ADOBE refuses to refund my payment despite their product being defective. At any other business, a refund would be given for a product that does not do what it states it can do but Adobe thinks because it is a large corporation that it doesn't have to show proper customer service and can continue charging fees for something that doesn't work. Would NOT recommend.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I am actually surprised at how poor of a business model this company has. I went in to cancel what I thought was a monthly membership due to poor performance and found that the fine print (ugh always read the fine print, even from companies you think are reputable) indicated that I would be on the hook for a substantial cancellation fee as it was actually an annual commitment. The program is glitchy, rarely produces consistent results and is definitely not worth the money. Their frantic attempts to get you to stay like cheaper rates, free months etc... cheapened my experienced and made me realize that I had been taken advantage of from the beginning.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2022

This software is great when it works. Things break constantly, for absolutely no apparent reason. Most of their software is as full of bugs as it is of features. If you're looking to spend just as much time going back and forth with tech support as you do working, definitely give Adobe a try, you'll love it.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Okay, so I purchased and have been using Adobe Illustrator for good 6 months now, and I'm very angry I have to keep using it. My work requires me to use specifically Adobe Illustrator, I have no choice of choosing another software. Now, the software itself is decent, a bit confusing and overly engineered, but I have gotten used to the layout in time, and I like that it has loads of settings when saving in PDF. If software alone was all that was there, I would give it a solid 4 stars. However, everything else connected with the software, the pricing, the company policy and the general adobe package are god awful, and they make me want to rip all my hair out.

First of all, the Adobe "Malware". When you install Adobe Illustrator, apart from getting the program itself, Adobe installs about 12-15 other programs on your PC, mostly connected to license verifying. Because of this, Adobe is the only program that chugs my fairly powerful PC, armed with an Nvidia 2060 and an i7 processor. The Adobe updater is a particular offender, which literally halts my entire PC work just to tell me there is an update I may want to check out. It's infuriating that I cannot de-install any of the programs, as I can feel my PC's performance go down whenever they are on.

Second of all, the pricing. Adobe has only one type of pricing left, a subscription model. At this point I am convinced that subscriptions have been created by the devil himself to drive people crazy. I want to ask Adobe a question. Why oh why is my price way bigger than the US price? I don't live in a rich country, I'd say Poland is rather poor in comparison to the US. Why is Illustrator 20$ in the US, and 38$ in Poland? It's not a packaged product, there are no shipping fees, so why?

Another question I'd like to ask. If I miss my monthly payment (when I am not using the product) and Adobe very kindly disables my software, why can't I cancel? I mean, okay, if I were using their software without paying, that would be bad and they would have all right to force me to pay before cancelling. However, if they blocked my software anyway, and I can't use it, then why do I have to pay if I just want to cancel? It smells of desperation and unnecessary greed. If you intend to block my software anyway, then just cancel it for me, unless you are so unconfident in your software that you have to force people to pay.

And it is blatantly clear that they are desperate, you can see it when you cancel the software, you go from screen to screen, where they are sorry that you didn't like the software, beg you to reconsider, grovel at your feet so you just keep paying them, up to a point where they gave me a 100% discount for a month (yes, give me a 100% discount literally 2 minutes after you charged me a non-discounted price, that's lovely). Anyway, I'm sick of Adobe, I'm gonna keep using it, cause I have to, but I dread every day I have to go back to using it.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I canceled Adobe after a couple of days of free trial. They charge me one month of fee, which is ridiculous. And after I cancel this so it seems 1 month, they charge me with 109 Euros of cancellation fee. Stealing bastards. They should hang them. Never ever make an account on adobe. For photoshop there are better alternatives for way less money and problems. Also for pdf, I recommend PDF Studio Pro. Much better and much cheaper and not stealing idiots!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Terrible scamming policy!! I started a free trial more than a year go and forgot to cancel.... They charged me for several months and never advised me to cancel a product I was not using. BUT EVEN FURTHER! I cancelled my subscription when I noticed some huge payments in my card, but even after cancelling THEY CONTINUED CHARGING ME!! THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER, THEY ACT LIKE SCAMMERS!! DO NOT USE ADOBE!!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I signed up for a trial and accidentally forgot to cancel before renewing. I reached out before a month of the renewal and I was not allowed to cancel the subscription. Instead they told me they would credit me 3 free months and to reach out again in 3 months for 3 additional months free until the contract expires. I reached out again and tried to cancel or have them extend the free months after noticing that I had been charged for 2 months (60$ between the two). They would not allow me to cancel and would not give me any options. So now I have to continue paying 30$ per month or a cancellation fee of 90$. This is absolutely absurd for a product that I do not use at all. I do not even log in. An absolute scam.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I was charged for a whopping $21.99 for monthly subscription. The funny thing is I always lock online payment on my bank card. And I was still charged without any confirmation or invoice from Adobe. On the 29/4 they sent me an email said that my payment was failed, I obv ignored, but then on 2/9 I woke up with an unrecognized charge on my bank. I rushed to cancel my subscription and I thought that was it. Until the next morning, another email say failed payment of $109.95??? Then I did not know that I sign up for annual plan, much less there was a cancellation fee. This is an actual scam from a large company.

Original review: April 21, 2022

It took a days work to figure out that I had bought their substance package on a 'Personal' Account - my issue was I was trying to access it from my Business Account. This lead me to have to get it refunded so I could purchase it on my Business account. That was even more of a nightmare. If I buy your product, make it easy for me to do/use! That is, make the personal/business account issue CLEAR. Leave a warning, do whatever - because consumers don't know the difference between personal and business. We are just wanting to buy and use a product - something that used to be easy before Adobe created this user-experience nightmare fuel.

Next, why is it so hard to change over from your 'Personal' account to your 'Business?' Why could I not buy the app plan I wanted from your website whilst being logged into 'Business'? Why did I have to use your infuriating customer support (which you come to suspect are just bots because of how stupid their responses are) to eventually buy the plan?

EVERYTHING about buying software at Adobe is infuriating. It is yet another giant company that is completely out of touch and simply incompetent due to its size. Its monopoly over the design software industry leaves it in a position where it doesn't have to care about its customers. And don't even get me on the decline of their software! Adobe, you suck!

Original review: April 17, 2022

It's a good product, however I have no way to use it so I cancelled it yet every month I get either billed. I'm now on the fourth time attempting to cancel it. Just let me cancel. I'll be back when I have a compatible device or you have a Mobile version.

Adobe Company Information